TheBang
03-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Brisbane...

ophelia_
03-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Closer and Echoplex?!! Amazing.

Rocket
03-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Lost the toss and played first, it's a shame that punters were way more excited for QOTSA. It was like a business meeting nobody wanted to be at.

Rocket
03-17-2014, 07:39 AM
Closer and Echoplex?!! Amazing.

Definitely not played. Correct setlist up on setlist.fm now.

ophelia_
03-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Definitely not played. Correct setlist up on setlist.fm now.

Oh damn, that makes me feel slightly better. Would loved to have seen Echoplex live.

Did they really do a Sunspots teaser? :O

Rocket
03-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Oh damn, that makes me feel slightly better. Would loved to have seen Echoplex live.

I don't remember it or hand covers bruise but there were more saner minds than mine there.

Dream
03-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Lost the toss and played first, it's a shame that punters were way more excited for QOTSA. It was like a business meeting nobody wanted to be at.

I was in the pit for both, the crowd seemed more into NIN to me. Qotsa picked up a bit when Josh told the security guy off.

Tyson
03-17-2014, 09:02 AM
The guitar part of Sunspots was played during the ending of Sanctified.

Alfonzzo
03-17-2014, 10:09 AM
I just want to say that this was an awesome event. After having seen them 5 times now They never cease to amaze me how much of a good performance they put on. QOTSA were great too. I was a bit disappointed in the fact that every time NiN come to Australia they leave all the flashy lights and displays at home. We want to see that stuff here too!!! Anyway. Please if anyone has photo's I would really like to see. I unfortunately could not get any due to the fact that my phone died half way through the first band. lol

Madmya
03-17-2014, 03:26 PM
It was that high pitch wailing you get over the song from the half-way point and onwards. I'm no musician, but I don't think that's guitars.

I'd been avoiding all setlist spoilers from the whole tour so there was some special surprises tonight. A Warm Place intro was just fucking fantastic, then to kick things off with Somewhat Damaged... it's the song I wanted to hear live most (I've never seen it live). That version of Sanctified was great too. The band did a great job last night, I thought they killed it. I'm still buzzing. Oh yeah Beside You In Time - loved hearing that.

Tyson
03-17-2014, 08:51 PM
It was that high pitch wailing you get over the song from the half-way point and onwards. I'm no musician, but I don't think that's guitars.

Yeah. I meant keyboard. Don't know why I said guitar. I had an allergy headache by the time I got home last night, and right after I posted that I had a shower and died in bed. Brain was on overload.

somewhat_damaged
03-18-2014, 09:20 AM

'The toss' never existed. They've been alternating who plays first at every gig on the tour.

They've been running the sunspots teaser at every show they've played Sanctified in since the US tour