PDA

View Full Version : 2014.08.11 - Tampa, FL @ MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre

orestes
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Presale Monday @ 12 pm EST

implanted_microchip
03-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Looks like I'm going! This'll be my second NIN show and my second concert in general (I caught the Orlando date on Tension last year). I'd go to WPB but A) can't afford it and B) it's twice the drive from here to there as opposed to Tampa.

Anyone know how the sound is, and if there's a pit or just seats?

Conan The Barbarian
03-16-2014, 12:08 PM
I don't know if this was used to be named the 1800-ask Gary amphitheater, but I have been there. Its ok. Small lawn compared to the west palm one.

The sound is ok.

Also the pit is bigger than west palms as well. So pretty decent sized standing area.

implanted_microchip
03-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah, it's the same venue. It's changed names a ton of times.

I won't be able to get pit, unfortunately, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks for letting me know! I have no idea how an outdoor venue affects sound vs. an indoor one, so it's great to know that it sounds fine.

gorast
03-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Pencil me in as a "maybe" for this one. This amphitheatre's getting a ridiculous amount of good shows this summer, starting with Springsteen in May. Plus, it's actually in my home city, so I won't have to panic about being stranded in Orlando after the show like for Tension.

m0reta
03-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Count me in. Already having 2009 flashbacks!

Star
03-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Is there a venue map with pricing options anywhere yet specific to this show?

jhulud
03-17-2014, 10:33 AM
From Livenation.com:

US $29.50 - US $99.50

US $29.50 Ticket + US $9.00 Fees =
US $38.50
US $99.50 Ticket + US $17.80 Fees =
US $117.30

jhulud
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Tix purchased!

Looks like no GA pit for this tour. At least not @ Cruzan or Tampa.

greyskies13
03-17-2014, 11:27 AM
just got my lawn seats for tampa, can't seem to get good seats to west palm though

implanted_microchip
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Ended up getting the pre-sale through nin.com; looking forward to the show! Section 12, row D, seats 19 & 20 for anyone who ends up with nearby seats.

I didn't go with the pre-sale last show; how is the will call pick up? Easy, quick, etc.?

MrSlfDstruct
03-17-2014, 10:27 PM
When I went there for NINJA it was pretty quick. They just had a little tent setup, you show them your receipt/ID and they give you your tickets. Probably took five minutes or so.

I'm in Section 11, Rod D, seats 8 & 9, so I'm one section over. Got put in the fucking five minute queue when I went to order, I'm hoping it's not too cockeyed in relation to the stage.

sleepyrivers
03-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Hey everyone. I ended up getting Orchestra Section 2 seats. Row G. Not too bad. I don't know how all the seating is set up, but I'm thinking it's pretty good seating. It was a pain in the butt to get these presale tickets with all the captcha stuff. lol. People are leaving nasty messages for Trent on Facebook. Everyone else pretty excited? Anyone know what they're going to do with themselves for 6 months?

MSL
03-18-2014, 01:55 AM
i'm in orchestra section 2 as well. row D.

at first i was disappointed about the lack of GA pit, but then when i got such good seats, i was okay with it.

implanted_microchip
03-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Anyone know what they're going to do with themselves for 6 months?

Wait impatiently, freak out over silly things like worrying I'll accidentally leave my ID at home and not be able to get my tickets at the will-call, download every show from this year on RITC and obsess over any tiny setlist change that I see in the threads on here.

gorast
03-18-2014, 11:30 AM
The nasty messages are because the pre-sale yesterday was basically a disaster.

I'm still not sure if I'm hitting up this show, but I tried out the pre-sale yesterday and it didn't go too terribly. But, then again, I wasn't actually buying, and I did run into an unreadable Captcha, so I probably would be posting in all-caps screaming about how Trent has forsaken us if I were actually trying to get good tickets.

sleepyrivers
03-18-2014, 11:36 AM
i'm in orchestra section 2 as well. row D.

at first i was disappointed about the lack of GA pit, but then when i got such good seats, i was okay with it.

Yeah. I was hoping for a GA pit as well, but I was pacified with like you said such good seats. Certainly shut us up good huh?

sleepyrivers
03-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Wait impatiently, freak out over silly things like worrying I'll accidentally leave my ID at home and not be able to get my tickets at the will-call, download every show from this year on RITC and obsess over any tiny setlist change that I see in the threads on here.

That doesn't ruin anything for you knowing what the set list is going to be?

implanted_microchip
03-18-2014, 12:51 PM
That doesn't ruin anything for you knowing what the set list is going to be?

Well, I've only ever been to one show in my entire life (from any band, I basically saved my first show for NIN). I knew the setlist for the most part at that point, and it was actually thoroughly enjoyable for me to know I was about to see A Warm Place, or about to see Somewhat Damaged, and it was great knowing when to expect the encore break, etc. There were still surprises for me; it was the Halloween show and I had no expectations for The Day the World Went Away, so when that opened up the encore it was a really stunning moment.

But I think I would hate to go to a show and think, "I hope they play Ruiner, I hope they play Sin, I hope they play Vessel," or any of the others I would love to see, just to get my hopes up against my better judgments and inevitably be disappointed when I get THTF, Survivalism and Hurt again. I think knowing what to expect allows for me to have realistic hopes and expectations, and that way if they do pull out something from the back catalog that I've wanted to see and is a surprise, I can still be thrilled and wowed without setting myself up for disappointment.

I understand avoiding setlists, and for a lot of people that works, but for myself I just know that if I fail to keep my expectations within reason then I'm going to just be let down and it'll be my own fault.

mooney138
03-18-2014, 10:48 PM
See you in Tampa.

sleepyrivers
03-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Well, I've only ever been to one show in my entire life (from any band, I basically saved my first show for NIN). I knew the setlist for the most part at that point, and it was actually thoroughly enjoyable for me to know I was about to see A Warm Place, or about to see Somewhat Damaged, and it was great knowing when to expect the encore break, etc. There were still surprises for me; it was the Halloween show and I had no expectations for The Day the World Went Away, so when that opened up the encore it was a really stunning moment.

But I think I would hate to go to a show and think, "I hope they play Ruiner, I hope they play Sin, I hope they play Vessel," or any of the others I would love to see, just to get my hopes up against my better judgments and inevitably be disappointed when I get THTF, Survivalism and Hurt again. I think knowing what to expect allows for me to have realistic hopes and expectations, and that way if they do pull out something from the back catalog that I've wanted to see and is a surprise, I can still be thrilled and wowed without setting myself up for disappointment.

I understand avoiding setlists, and for a lot of people that works, but for myself I just know that if I fail to keep my expectations within reason then I'm going to just be let down and it'll be my own fault.

Are you talking about the Orlando show last year?

implanted_microchip
03-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Are you talking about the Orlando show last year?

That's the one!

mooney138
03-21-2014, 07:33 PM
This is the list that reflects people who have confirmed they can make it to the event on the select date and either have tickets or need tickets.

If you have made arrangements for your tickets and your name still appears on this ticket list, please let me know so that I can take your name off the list.

The total prices vary between nin.com presale, ticketmaster.com presale, LiveNation.com presale, etc.

Cheers!

People needing tickets to MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre on 08/11:

People who have tickets to MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre on 08/11:
mooney138... (1) nin.com presale ticket: Sec 14, Row H, Seat 23 $98.35 (face value). I found a seat farther down in the general sale.

People who have tickets to other shows and want tickets to MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre on 08/11:

implanted_microchip
07-29-2014, 06:06 PM
I'll be the young guy in the presale line with long hair, glasses and an ETS t-shirt, if anyone wants to say hi or meetup!

MrSlfDstruct
08-03-2014, 05:37 PM
I swore my purchase email had it but it doesn't and I can't find it online. What time does early entry start for the nin.com presales?

jhulud
08-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Anyone receive the NIN pre-sale early entry/tix pickup email yet? I got the one for the WPB already about a week ago.

mooney138
08-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Presale pick-up usually begins at 5:45 pm.

MrSlfDstruct
08-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Anyone receive the NIN pre-sale early entry/tix pickup email yet? I got the one for the WPB already about a week ago.

I just got mine this morning. Early entry at 5:45, doors at 6.

jhulud
08-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Yeah. Got the email this morning as well. Phew!

implanted_microchip
08-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Getting this email just took the hype to new heights for me, Christ. I didn't think I'd get any more excited, but here I am. Knowing this is the last time I'll see NIN for who knows how long has me really, really wanting to make the most of it.

mooney138
08-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Hope we get the alt set list. Fingers crossed.

dunebug81
08-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Charlotte didn't so there's a chance

theviirus
08-08-2014, 07:46 PM
(sold. me and my man will see y'all there.)

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/553039_566948640026431_1440149991_n.jpg?oh=6b997db 5db5c598ab76374f2dd8e175d&oe=546BF4EA

The Master
08-10-2014, 12:30 PM
So I was forced to wait until the last minute to get a ticket for financial reasons, anyone know of any good deals available as we near tomorrow? I wish I could get a pre-sale ticket though. I'm looking for 1 or 2 tickets. If anyone can help me out or has some special info shoot me an email please! Hope everyone enjoys the show tomorrow. :)

dunebug81
08-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Master, check your pm

mooney138
08-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I still have my nin.com presale ticket also.

implanted_microchip
08-11-2014, 08:30 AM
So it seems pretty likely we might get the assault setlist since WPB got the Fuji one. After seeing the Fuji one, I can totally say that even if they're identical shows setlist-wise, I won't be complaining.

I'll be in the presale line in the ETS shirt and probably too much sweat if it's anything like WPB yesterday! Seriously, that was a brutal environment temperature-wise. Hoping this place also allows a bottle of water in, although I'm never going to understand why places make you remove the cap.

Feel free to say hi, anyone! I should be there fairly earlier.

dunebug81
08-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Just keep an extra cap in your pocket when you walk in.

ElectricKoolaid
08-11-2014, 12:20 PM
ONE (1) TICKET FOR SALE - LAWN - $20

This is incredibly last minute I know, but a friend had to back out and I have a spare lawn ticket. If you or someone you know needs a ticket, it's yours for $20-- my cost. Message me here if you're interested; I'll be checking back regularly all the way up to 7. Please buy it so I don't have to eat the cost :x

implanted_microchip
08-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Outside the concourse with a friend; they 're sound checking Terrible Lie. First sound check I've heard in my life! :D

mooney138
08-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Leaving work at 3:55. See you at 6:30!

dunebug81
08-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Outside the concourse with a friend; they 're sound checking Terrible Lie. First sound check I've heard in my life! :D

What else did they sound check?

MrSlfDstruct
08-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Hopefully the sound is better for SG/NIN than Dillinger Escape Plan.