PDA

View Full Version : 2014.08.10 - West Palm Beach FL @ Cruzan Amphitheatre

orestes
03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Presale Monday @ 12 pm EST

m0reta
03-16-2014, 01:01 PM
The best part of driving to WPB from Orlando is that I don't have to go to Miami. I get to WPB..and I stop!

Calla lily
03-16-2014, 06:16 PM
I'll be driving down from Orlando too. I would go to the closer Tampa show, but we have free babysitting near WPB so are going to take advantage of that and go to Linkin Park on the 8th too. I would love to go to both WPB and Tampa, but I don't think I can make that happen.

dvdglss
03-16-2014, 07:23 PM
come on now... Miami ain't that bad ;) I'm driving up!

m0reta
03-16-2014, 09:06 PM
come on now... Miami ain't that bad ;) I'm driving up!

hahah...I do find it a lovely place to go. Lots of history, things to do, good weather, good people, etc. :-) I just hate driving around there. Not that driving anywhere in Florida is that great for the most part.

dvdglss
03-16-2014, 09:26 PM
I HATE how long Florida is. I really wish we had better public transportation an that high speed railroad between Orlando and south Florida.

anyways, I missed NIN last time they played West Palm on NINJA. I will NOT be missing this time. Can't wait.

Conan The Barbarian
03-16-2014, 09:35 PM
See you all there. I will try to make it to Tampa as well, but life ya know.

anyone know the prices yet?

jhulud
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Tix purchased!

Looks like no GA pit for this tour. At least not @ Cruzan or Tampa.

greyskies13
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM
did anyone get lawn seats? they ran out quick (or never put them up on the presale)

spahn
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Section 1, Row U, Seats 11 and 12 for me. Driving up from miami as well.

Conan The Barbarian
03-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Got my tix. Row r seat 15. The lack of pit pisses me off to be honest.

Fucking amphitheater shows.

Calla lily
03-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Glad I decided to wait for the facebook presale today after the captcha mess and not liking the seats from the NIN presale. I think I got lucky with section 2, row G.

greyskies13
03-18-2014, 10:09 AM
just got my lawn seats through the facebook presale this morning!

implanted_microchip
06-17-2014, 12:20 PM
After considering if I wanted to go to two shows in a row or not (I got presale for Tampa), I pulled the trigger and bought tickets to WPB. Section 8, row T, seats seven and eight if anyone is nearby.

implanted_microchip
07-21-2014, 09:15 PM
For anyone who has been to this venue before (or the Tampa venue for that matter): how far away does the stage seem from the rows further back? Is it the kind of venue where any angle is going to be more or less alright, or is it really the kind of thing where if you're not front and center, you're missing out drastically?

Conan The Barbarian
07-21-2014, 10:52 PM
It depends. If you have seating you will be able to enjoy the show. The lawn is a different story. You might as well just enjoy the music if you are up there.

Calla lily
07-24-2014, 10:30 AM
I think it's like any larger venue. Far back and you'll be able to see the light show and enjoy the music, but you won't see the people on stage well. It's been years since I've been to WPB and the last time was on the lawn (Rogers Waters) and you need to rely on the screens to see the people on stage. If you're on the lawn, be prepared for rain (which could be a good thing if it's as hot as it was last night in Tampa for Def Leppard, I really wished it would rain and cool it down some).

implanted_microchip
07-26-2014, 10:21 PM
For anyone going who might be interested in meeting up or saying hi, bumping into one another, etc., at the show, I'll be the long-haired, glasses-wearing, Strobe Light shirt person! Not in the pre-sale for this one, but will be for Tampa (no idea what I'm wearing to that one, probably my ETS shirt if it comes in by then).

Thankfully I'm not on the lawn; my whole life has been in Florida and yet I've never grown used to the heat. Having never been to an amphitheatre, I'm hoping there's some sort of air conditioner, but if not I guess I'll sweat it out.

Calla lily
07-27-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no air conditioner. Not sure about WPB, but not even the restrooms have a/c in Tampa. It's like 20 degrees hotter in there so make it quick. I was just there a few days ago and it was the hottest concert I've ever been to, the heat index was over 100. I've lived in Fl my entire life, grew up in south Fl, and hate the heat.

I'll be a shorter lady, probably in a black shirt, lol. My husband may wear his tie-dyed Woodstock '94 shirt in honor of it being almost exactly 20 years since we saw NIN there.

Calla lily
07-30-2014, 10:29 AM
So I just got an email from Ticketmaster with the NIN.com | Soundgarden pre-sale ticket pick-up and early entry instructions. I did not buy my tickets through the NIN or SG presale. I got mine through the facebook presale. I got the actual tickets mailed to me (got them about a week later), they don't have my name printed on them just regular printed tickets, e-ticket isn't even an option to me on ticketmaster for these. They are good seats, sec 2, row G (on the aisle so it looks like there may be even fewer people in front of us), they aren't the platinum seats, although the seats all around me were selling as such, I paid the regular $117 and figured I just got lucky. Now I'm wondering if I can get in early since I got that email (although I'm not really sure I need to get in early unless I want to get some merch). On the tickets under admission, it says NINSG.

dvdglss
08-07-2014, 08:53 AM
trying to win tickets to this via radio. i was caller 1 tuesday and 2 and 3 yesterday. i need caller 7... send positive vibes my way! lol

UPDATE:I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome that i'll be there!!!

implanted_microchip
08-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Does anyone here know if a poster tube would be allowed in? I really want to pick one up for the generic 2014 summer poster, but don't want it getting banged up at all. If anyone knows about the venue in Tampa, that would be fine, too.

Rabbit
08-09-2014, 07:26 PM
anyone that has tickets but can't go and wants to get rid of them let me know!!

TheePause
08-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Anychance someone would be willing to pick up a fellow ets'er the SG+NIN Atari style poster if i paypaled the amount and shipping?

ill be at the Hollywood show if I can return the favor for anyone.

Thanks!

Calla lily
08-10-2014, 12:08 PM
We stayed (unknowingly when I made the reservation) at the same hotel as Soundgarden last night. NIN was at the hotel next door. We ate breakfast next to Kim Thayil this morning. I was to shy to say anything (also didn't want to seem rude as the dude was eating his breakfast). We don't usually stay at such nice places, got a good deal on priceline. It's back to the holiday inn for us tonight. The damn shot of scotch my husband got me cost as much as our room tonight. It was good scotch, Johnny Walker Blue.

dvdglss
08-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Alright. Couple more hours! This is going to kick ass!

Conan The Barbarian
08-10-2014, 05:31 PM
It is fucking hot out here.