PDA

View Full Version : 2014.08.05 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

orestes
03-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Presale Monday @ 12 pm EST

fortheloveofgod
03-17-2014, 12:25 PM
See ya there. Section 201

Noth
06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I'll be there too! Section 101!

la_mer
08-02-2014, 01:57 PM
This feels like the least posted-in thread of this section of ETS.
I'm pumped, but I know VA may not be a big NIN state...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people came out for Soundgarden.
All the same, this is a very corny wish, but I can't help but hope that NIN plays "La Mer," what with them playing at Va. Beach and Trent, from what I remember, saying back in June '06 how one of his first times at the beach happened to be here.
The song has a bittersweet background to it, yet they have been switching up the setlist, so who knows.
But I'm holding out hope that a) NIN will close the show b) that I didn't screw up in getting Orch. 2 tix (in case there might be a pit) and c) that NIN plays "La Mer."
If none of those things are the case, all good--I get to see NIN in my backyard, pretty much...we hardly ever get them this close.
Anyways, see some of you soon,

Long-time ETS-watcher, rarely a poster.

kyleprecise
08-05-2014, 11:55 AM
la_mer, I also remember the comment about Va. Beach, but I just listened to a recording of the show from Reflecting in the Chrome and didn't hear it. Now, I have a competing memory of telling my friend, as "La Mer" began to play at that concert, that Trent first experienced the ocean in Va. Beach, so . . . maybe he didn't actually say it at the concert, but posted it as a message on the website either the day before or the day of? Either way, it's nice to see someone else carrying this memory around, and I hope you get your wish, or better!

la_mer_27
08-05-2014, 12:50 PM
kyleprecise, I'd be lying if I said I actually went to that show. The week of 6/11...er 12th, back in '06, I was at the Outer Banks, desperately wishing I had stayed in VA instead. But I have a friend who went, who told me, I'm pretty sure, not only did they play "La Mer," but also "Down In It" AND "Get Down Make Love"...or maybe I pictured remembering her including "Get Down Make Love." But I remember her word was "ocean..." You may have listened to the show in segments, like a track for each song, and maybe Trent's speaking was left out...which would be odd.
Nonetheless, thank you!
I'm so excited, T-5 hours! I get so damn nervous for these things, lol.
Are you going to the show? If so, please enjoy! Who knows when they'll come around again...another 8 years, ;)

head_lice
08-05-2014, 01:03 PM
This feels like the least posted-in thread of this section of ETS.
I'm pumped, but I know VA may not be a big NIN state...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people came out for Soundgarden.
All the same, this is a very corny wish, but I can't help but hope that NIN plays "La Mer," what with them playing at Va. Beach and Trent, from what I remember, saying back in June '06 how one of his first times at the beach happened to be here.
The song has a bittersweet background to it, yet they have been switching up the setlist, so who knows.
But I'm holding out hope that a) NIN will close the show b) that I didn't screw up in getting Orch. 2 tix (in case there might be a pit) and c) that NIN plays "La Mer."
If none of those things are the case, all good--I get to see NIN in my backyard, pretty much...we hardly ever get them this close.
Anyways, see some of you soon,

Long-time ETS-watcher, rarely a poster.

I was at the 06 show and I remember him saying something along those línes. I Got an orch 2 seat as well but didnt see anything about a pit. Maybe well bump into each other. Not sure what Im wearing to the show yet.

ShaneC
08-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I was at the 06 show and I remember him saying something along those línes. I Got an orch 2 seat as well but didnt see anything about a pit. Maybe well bump into each other. Not sure what Im wearing to the show yet.

Me and the wife will also be in Orch 2 Row G. I'm apparently that Mythbusters looking guy.

So is this a seated pit? I've not been paying attention. :/

kyleprecise
08-05-2014, 01:34 PM
la_mer, they definitely played all of the songs you mentioned, including "Get Down Make Love." That did make it to the recording. :) Disregard my second-guessing of your/my memory, as the consensus seems in now (thanks, head_lice!) that Trent actually said what he said. (I also dug around on The Inernet Archive's Wayback Machine a bit and came up empty, though it was a pleasant walk down memory lane). I hope both of you end up being happy with your seats; I'll be up on the Lawn.

ShaneC: It's a seated pit.

ShaneC
08-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Kyle, thanks, my wife booked the tickets and once I told her it was in the "pit section" she got worried. (She tends to get lots of minor injuries, flying shoes to the head, knocked down, etc. :p )

la_mer_27
08-05-2014, 06:49 PM
This is quite a strange experience. I like it, but in a "seated pit," you really have to think of new ways to express your rhythms in relation to the music.
A lot of head nodding. Hope it looks good.
I guess we're all here? *that moment you start looking around for other ETS-ers*