PDA

View Full Version : 2014.08.04 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live

orestes
03-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Presale Monday @ 12 pm EST

The_Prowler
03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
I got my ticket! And thankfully the internet didn't break this time and force me to wait for the secondary pity-presale.

Who else is going?

ZenHarbinger
03-17-2014, 12:24 PM
I got my ticket! And thankfully the internet didn't break this time and force me to wait for the secondary pity-presale.

Who else is going?
Got my tickets as well. Way better than getting the tickets for the Tension 2013 at the Verizon Center.
Also glad that they gave a nod to my town instead of saying that Jiffy Lube Live is in DC. :)

The_Prowler
03-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Got my tickets as well. Way better than getting the tickets for the Tension 2013 at the Verizon Center.
Also glad that they gave a nod to my town instead of saying that Jiffy Lube Live is in DC. :)
Whenever I go to a show there, no matter how much I love the band, I still get irritated whenever they say "D.C.".
And if I hate the band (if they're an opening act or on the bill at a festival. Obviously I don't spend money to go specifically see bands I don't like), I've actually been known to occasionally yell stupid shit like "IT'S BRISTOW, YOU MORON!"

mistresswanda
06-09-2014, 09:17 PM
I'll be here! Talking the Spawn to his second NIN show! section 102 row T. See you pigs there!

The_Prowler
06-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Anyone planning/interested in a pre-show tailgate/meetup?

mistresswanda
06-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Anyone planning/interested in a pre-show tailgate/meetup?

Wish I could. Taking the Spawn to this show, so pre-partying is out for me on this one.:(

The_Prowler
06-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Wish I could. Taking the Spawn to this show, so pre-partying is out for me on this one.:(
I hope you all have a good time. I love it when families go to awesome concerts together :)

mistresswanda
07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
quick question for those that have been to this venue before: My ticket (general public sale) says the parking fee is included. Is that true? I don't need VIP parking, I just need to know if I need to pay to park and how much. Hitting three shows and trying to calculate gas/parking moneys. Thanks!

The_Prowler
07-19-2014, 12:43 PM
quick question for those that have been to this venue before: My ticket (general public sale) says the parking fee is included. Is that true? I don't need VIP parking, I just need to know if I need to pay to park and how much. Hitting three shows and trying to calculate gas/parking moneys. Thanks!
You just roll on into the field and park where you're told. Just don't run over the parking attendants and you'll be just fine :)

mistresswanda
07-19-2014, 05:21 PM
You just roll on into the field and park where you're told. Just don't run over the parking attendants and you'll be just fine :)

Awwwwwh, take away ALL my fun
!

The_Prowler
07-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Awwwwwh, take away ALL my fun
!
Okay, fine, you can go all Grand Theft Auto on them, but just don't get caught. I don't know anyone who works security there anymore so I can't help you out if you go and get yourself in trouble.

simplejack5
07-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey folks, I have a spare ticket for this show! (I swear I had a log in for this site somewhere but it's lost to eternity)

First tier fan club seating. Row M, section 102, aisle seats. Face value was 120$ as you probably know. Let me know if anyone is interested, by guy dropped out at the last minute = / I'd love to go with a fellow super-fan! (Also, if there is a more appropriate place to post this, please let me know!)

Black Sabbath
07-31-2014, 03:01 PM
I may have an extra ticket available for this show if anyone would be interested. I won't know until Saturday or Sunday for sure, but figured I'd still throw it out there just in case.

InversePhase
08-03-2014, 04:15 AM
I'm going and I want to meet some people before the show if at all possible!

My girlfriend and I are coming, our seats are clear in the fucking back, 303 row P. We'd love to be closer (ha. ha. ha.) but no money. Will rock out all the same. Text 708-8-bit-mus if you want to find me/drink/whatever.

I'll be bringing a bunch of P8M stickers and maybe a few CDs if anyone wants one.

Peskko
08-03-2014, 06:51 PM
So alright, in 20 yrs of being a fan this is my first intro to the community...

After life happening and being broke before, life has offered up this great opportunity to see NiN live. Would I have preferred to see him live in '94? Sure, but I am still excited as hell.

Cool thing about now is that I'm not coming alone, I'll be with my wife and 15 yr old son. I had trickled NiN to him since he was real young, but since I bought tickets a couple weeks ago I've been allowing him full NiN immersion. He loves all things electronic and has been into all the latest sound, but has really picked up everything NiN is and has been... more than I could have imagined! His favorite: Terrible Lie. Not sure what that means about me as a parent...

My wife and I are big fans of Downward Spiral and The Fragile (her favorite is The Frail -> The Wretched), and besides Terrible Lie, my son has also gravitated towards Copy of a and Came Back Haunted.

Feel free to look for us... we'll be in the front of Section 103, in black, rocking out. I'm the one with the hot wife. :)

A couple thoughts:

1. Looking at past setlists, I think we're still due for the typical setlist this tour has been offering. No complaining here, though. My son would hate to miss the new stuff.

2. Am I showing my age or does The Dillinger Escape Plan sound like noise to be avoided? My son doesn't even see anything in them. I guess scream metal is so 2000's now... So, we don't expect to head to our seats until DEP is done... We introduced our son to Soundgarden last night, and there was sufficient interest. Plus, as a child of the 90's, I have to pay homage.

3. Anyone expect or hope for any specific surprises?

neveroddoreven
08-03-2014, 08:10 PM
first stop for me… genuinely excited for this… should also be a treat to see soundgarden and dep… watched some of the youtube vid posted in the dep thread from the brooklyn show last night… while it's not really my flavor, i gotta see 'em…

would certainly love to meet some other members in real life… everyone i've ever asked always says they're aware of ets but aren't members…

anybody know of any good eats around the venue or anything to do post-show in the area?

Black Sabbath
08-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Do doors open at 7?

sighthound
08-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Arrived at the Jiffy Lube Live early, following instructions in the NIN.com presale email saying we can pick up tickets at 4:30 pm and enter the venue. All the parking lots are locked up, and the guys at the gate are saying they are not opening up until 5 pm. We asked if there was a line somewhere by the box office, and they said no. So now we are down the road a bit having some drinks at the BJ's Brewhouse. This is really different from a few years back, when we practically spent the night, and did spend the whole day, sitting and waiting in line with other fans waiting to get the rail spots.

InversePhase
08-04-2014, 04:28 PM
We might suddenly have two extra tickets in 303 if anybody wants them? Text 708-8-BIT-MUS if you are that person, or if you want to meet up and/or get IP or Pretty Eight Machine stickers. We'll also be blasting chiptunes in the parking lot.

InversePhase
08-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Down to one ticket, we got upgraded to 102 row S, find me in the pretty eight machine shirt, text me if you're here and need a ticket

InversePhase
08-04-2014, 06:45 PM
102 row S, find me in the Pretty Eight Machine shirt, I also have an extra ticket, text 708-8-BIT-MUS for that or sticker delivery

Peskko
08-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Ready! Any minute now.