PDA

View Full Version : 2014.07.30 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center

orestes
03-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Just imagine it's Philly without a police department.

sick among the pure
03-15-2014, 09:15 PM
If ticket prices aren't too "OH GOD WHY" I might be able to wing it. I don't have a job, yet, but am hopeful, and have a tiny tiny graduation cash to "spend however".
I am soooooo not excited about it being in fucking Camden, though.

m15a
03-15-2014, 10:13 PM
If ticket prices aren't too "OH GOD WHY" I might be able to wing it. I don't have a job, yet, but am hopeful, and have a tiny tiny graduation cash to "spend however".
I am soooooo not excited about it being in fucking Camden, though.

In the same boat, except I graduated from college 11 years ago and don't have any graduation cash. :D

At least Camden seems easier to get to than the other NJ location (from Philadelphia or NYC) or Jones Beach (from NYC) by public transportation. Can't really speak to the safety of getting back to the PATCO station. I feel like it'd be okay, but I'm sure someone on here can give knowledgable opinion.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 09:56 AM
With thousands of people leaving the concert at the same time it shouldn't be too bad.

m15a
03-17-2014, 11:26 AM
With thousands of people leaving the concert at the same time it shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah. Reading some reviews, it sounds like it should be totally fine. Just know where you're going. If anyone's worried, some of us can head back together. But I'm sure tons of people will be walking to the PATCO anyway.

Anyway, pit ticket for me. Woo!

Kyle
03-17-2014, 11:39 AM
We got the only pit on the east coast!!

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks to my wonderful fiance agreeing to a NIN ticket this year to cover my birthday/x-mas present (I'm hard to shop for), I was able to go big.
1 pit ticket for me. See you guys in a few months. Now let's hope for a nice day, cloudy so we don't burn in line, but no rain to ruin my mohawk.

RJK
03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I got pit for this show. See you all there!

Moebius
03-18-2014, 12:46 PM
I got pit for this show. See you all there!

Do the pit tickets definitely say pit section? Versus "row A" or something?

Kyle
03-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Do the pit tickets definitely say pit section? Versus "row A" or something?

Says GA on the receipt.

Moebius
03-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Says GA on the receipt.

Ah, cool, thanks. For some of the shows it's not clear; people may be deluding themselves...

m15a
03-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Soo, has anyone been to this amphitheater before? I'm curious about what the pit will be like. Only time I was in a pit in an amphitheater was amazing, although since it was in Santa Barbara, I was never quite sure if it was just because people are so laid back and friendly there. ;) Although I'm guessing it has more to do with amphitheater pits being much smaller and thus less crowded near the front. (I was 3 rows from the rail for that show, which is usually an impossible position for me to stay in.)

EDIT: Hmm. Opinions on the seated GA (i.e., you choose a seat in the pit when you get there) theory?

EDIT 2: Yeeeah, considering that there are assigned Platinum seats in the pit, I think seated GA is what's happening, maybe with a few seats in the middle being reserved. See here (http://concerts.livenation.com/nine-inch-nails-soundgarden-camden-new-jersey-07-30-2014/exchange/02004C67AB36C658?tm_link=edp_buytix).

RJK
03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
So according to this site (http://www.tickpick.com/susquehanna-bank-center-seating-chart/) it says the way it is listed on ticketmaster means it is a seated pit. That is sorta fucked up since the NIN presale said GA pit. As does my receipt. I also don't understand why we wouldn't have gotten seat numbers when we bought our tickets. This whole presale has been a cluster.

m15a
03-18-2014, 05:53 PM
So according to this site (http://www.tickpick.com/susquehanna-bank-center-seating-chart/) it says the way it is listed on ticketmaster means it is a seated pit. That is sorta fucked up since the NIN presale said GA pit. As does my receipt. I also don't understand why we wouldn't have gotten seat numbers when we bought our tickets. This whole presale has been a cluster.

It's still the pit section and it could still be GA (you just choose your seat when you get there), but I'm not sure if that's something done at this venue.

From my perspective, assuming you paid regular price, we still got a great deal. I'm hoping that they still let us choose our seats since I'd rather be a few rows back near the center than way off to the side. If it is actually not assigned seats, it's possibly even better for people that get their early since basically they get the same experience as rail without being pushed so much from behind. (Although I kind of like being pushed around a little . . . :eek:)

RJK
03-18-2014, 06:16 PM
It's still the pit section and it could still be GA (you just choose your seat when you get there), but I'm not sure if that's something done at this venue.

From my perspective, assuming you paid regular price, we still got a great deal. I'm hoping that they still let us choose our seats since I'd rather be a few rows back near the center than way off to the side. If it is actually not assigned seats, it's possibly even better for people that get their early since basically they get the same experience as rail without being pushed so much from behind. (Although I kind of like being pushed around a little . . . :eek:)

I guess it just a matter of clarification. If it isn't first come first serve I would like to know before I spend a day outside in Camden.

Kyle
03-18-2014, 07:03 PM
I think everybody is making way too big a deal out of this. The last time I was at this venue I was in section 100 or 101. I was somewhere around ten rows back. That was what the ticket said. In reality I was against the back of the pit railing. The only time I was at a show with seats in front of the stage (by coincidence same band - smashing pumpkins) the ticket said fourth row or so far right. In reality I was dead center one person behind the rail. If this is a seated pit (and if it is it will still be GA so still get there early) and you are in your seat, then we have the pit we deserve.

And for the record, the ticket says GA. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't exactly what the ticket looks like - a pit.

Kyle
03-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I posted this elsewhere but here you go. The pit. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2592858596177

also I was NOT in the pit when I filmed that. I was in the very front of the seated section. So no matter where you are in the pit, you'll enjoy the show. Even if you're seated.

Black Sabbath
03-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Probably a long shot, but anyone have an extra Pit ticket for this show? I've been trying with every presale so far and no luck. Going to try with the public sale but not expecting much :(

Moebius
03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
EDIT 2: Yeeeah, considering that there are assigned Platinum seats in the pit, I think seated GA is what's happening, maybe with a few seats in the middle being reserved. See here (http://concerts.livenation.com/nine-inch-nails-soundgarden-camden-new-jersey-07-30-2014/exchange/02004C67AB36C658?tm_link=edp_buytix).

Yeah, sure looks like it now.

sick among the pure
03-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Since my ticket says GA-1 I still doubt it'll be seated. If your reasoning behind the GA being seated is specific seat locations for the premiums, wouldn't all GA have some sort of marking other than GA? I think the premium seats are at the back of the pit, where I've seen premium VIP seating areas before at this venue.
I might be wrong, we won't know till we get inside. Either way, if you have a GA ticket, you're going to be awesomely close.

killer
03-20-2014, 05:39 AM
I'm looking for a NIN.com presale GA ticket for this show for a friend. If you have one, please let me know! Thanks!

m15a
03-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Since my ticket says GA-1 I still doubt it'll be seated. If your reasoning behind the GA being seated is specific seat locations for the premiums, wouldn't all GA have some sort of marking other than GA? I think the premium seats are at the back of the pit, where I've seen premium VIP seating areas before at this venue.
I might be wrong, we won't know till we get inside. Either way, if you have a GA ticket, you're going to be awesomely close.

The only reason I was thinking assigned seats was possible is because I thought everyone who posted on here with pit tickets had will-call tickets through the NIN presale (although I realize now one of you might have gotten tickets through a different presale that might have e-tickets). If that's the case, we don't have an actual ticket as proof. Once someone has an actual ticket (which might be a PDF so we should know pretty soon), I think that point should be pretty clear.

jessamineny
03-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Or someone could just contact MusicToday and ask for clarification.

sick among the pure
03-20-2014, 11:12 AM
The only reason I was thinking assigned seats was possible is because I thought everyone who posted on here with pit tickets had will-call tickets through the NIN presale (although I realize now one of you might have gotten tickets through a different presale that might have e-tickets). If that's the case, we don't have an actual ticket as proof. Once someone has an actual ticket (which might be a PDF so we should know pretty soon), I think that point should be pretty clear.

I have a nin.com presale e-mail that says where my ticket is for, not a physical ticket.

jessamineny
03-20-2014, 11:18 AM

The ones being sold right now are rows 4 and 7 (out of 8 rows).

mooney138
03-21-2014, 07:24 PM
This is the list that reflects people who have confirmed they can make it to the event on the select date and either have tickets or need tickets.

If you have made arrangements for your tickets and your name still appears on this ticket list, please let me know so that I can take your name off the list.

The total prices vary between nin.com presale, ticketmaster.com presale, LiveNation.com presale, etc.

Cheers!

People needing tickets to Susquehanna Bank Center on 07/30:
Black Sabbath ... (1) Pit
killer ... (1) NIN.com presale GA
sick among the pure ... (2) Pit face value
GoodSoldier333 ... (1) anywhere is fine

People who have tickets to Susquehanna Bank Center on 07/30:

People who have tickets to other shows and want tickets to Susquehanna Bank Center on 07/30:

sick among the pure
03-21-2014, 07:31 PM
This is the list that reflects people who have confirmed they can make it to the event on the select date and either have tickets or need tickets.

If you have made arrangements for your tickets and your name still appears on this ticket list, please let me know so that I can take your name off the list.

The total prices vary between nin.com presale, ticketmaster.com presale, LiveNation.com presale, etc.

Cheers!

People who have tickets to other shows and want tickets to Susquehanna Bank Center on 07/30:

I have a friend who would like 2 GA tickets. She tried at every pre-sale and the public sale, so she and her boyfriend can come down and visit me and go to the show. If anyone's willing to sell 2 at face value, I can vouch for her, met her at my first show and we've been BFFs ever since.
She's not going to take the 7 hour drive down just for seats, since she has seats to Toronto.

mooney138
03-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Pit GA (seated) or Lawn GA (non-seated)? As far as I know, the Pit is GA seated (select your own seat once the usher confirms the appropriate ticket/wristband) and the only other GA is non-seated on the Lawn.

I have a friend who would like 2 GA tickets. She tried at every pre-sale and the public sale, so she and her boyfriend can come down and visit me and go to the show. If anyone's willing to sell 2 at face value, I can vouch for her, met her at my first show and we've been BFFs ever since.
She's not going to take the 7 hour drive down just for seats, since she has seats to Toronto.

sick among the pure
03-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Pit GA (seated) or Lawn GA (non-seated)? As far as I know, the Pit is GA seated (select your own seat once the usher confirms the appropriate ticket/wristband) and the only other GA is non-seated on the Lawn.

I am pretty sure the "pit" is still standing, but we can debate that every day till the show and not know for sure. Either way, the "pit area".

mooney138
03-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Updated.

There are four of us going, and we are in Section 100.

I am pretty sure the "pit" is still standing, but we can debate that every day till the show and not know for sure. Either way, the "pit area".

m15a
03-21-2014, 08:20 PM

Wanted to clarify that I liked this post because I agree that we'll keep arguing, not with the fact that it'll be standing. :p

Anymore evidence on that point, BTW? The question has become like a game to me. Maybe we can place bets closer to the show. ;)

sick among the pure
03-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Wanted to clarify that I liked this post because I agree that we'll keep arguing, not with the fact that it'll be standing. :p

Anymore evidence on that point, BTW? The question has become like a game to me. Maybe we can place bets closer to the show. ;)

Just that I've never encountered a ticket that said GA1 that was seated, and that there are multiple setups for the venue that could accommodate a standing GA pit in center and VIP seated areas to the left and right, or behind, the standing pit.
And that this was the only venue where "GA PIT" was a ticket option, rather than "P1 seats" or 100 level seating, or whatever wording they used that I can't remember because it pissed me off.

mooney138
03-23-2014, 01:53 PM
There are three sets of two tickets left for the seated Pit listed under Official Platinum Tickets on Live Nation.

mistresswanda
06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Just my two cents: I caught the NIN/JA show here and there was a standing pit section, and then the seats started.

mistresswanda
06-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I was stupid lucky and scored "lawn tix" through 104.5.... only to find when I picked them up I was upgraded to the 200 section , so I'll see you pigs there!

sick among the pure
06-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Just my two cents: I caught the NIN/JA show here and there was a standing pit section, and then the seats started.

As exciting as this news may seem, NIN|JA had standing pit for the Toronto stop, but this time around it's specifically listed as not.

Black Sabbath
06-19-2014, 10:14 AM
GA ticket prices for this show are slowly going down on stubhub so I might actually be able to do this show like I wanted :) Max I would like to pay is like $150 after fees, which seems likely. Would prefer less, but I have my max. We'll see...

GoodSoldier333
06-24-2014, 06:30 PM
If anyone has one ticket, anywhere...from pit to lawn, I'd love to come. Let me know please!

sick among the pure
06-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Camden still has plenty of tickets available on ticketmaster. Hell, 102 row C is available if you have a hundred to throw at it.

mooney138
06-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Anyone need on or off the list?

Cheers!

slavetothewage ... (1) a friend's ticket who cannot make it, send a PM for contact info.

mistresswanda
06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
If anyone is interested or in need.... a few more seats/tix for sections 100-105 opened up at livenation prices (117.95)

mistresswanda
07-07-2014, 06:36 PM
THREE WEEKS!!!! *bounce bounce bounce*

Kyle
07-15-2014, 02:18 AM
While doing some cleaning I found my ticket stub for Tension in Newark. It was in the pit, but the ticket still has a row and seat number on it. Section GA1, row GA8 and seat 28. So I still say this will be a standing room only pit.

FULLMETAL
07-15-2014, 03:13 AM
I don't think that's a reliable indicator for this show. That's how TicketMaster allocates available "seats" so they don't go over capacity on a general admission floor.

Looking at the interactive seating chart, they have seats instead of saying general admission. Plus, the platinum seat breakdown has a difference in price depending on the row. That wouldn't apply if the PIT section were GA.

http://i.imgur.com/liJjUh2.png

*edit*
Found a GA seating chart for comparison. Here's NIN/SG:

http://i.imgur.com/R8Rgfg6l.png

Here's Linkin Park:

http://i.imgur.com/4DcgG9Al.png

Black Sabbath
07-17-2014, 10:59 AM
I still don't think it's "seated" pit.

Guess we'll know in two weeks, but I think it's still an open pit.

Kyle
07-17-2014, 11:14 AM
If it is a seated pit and people actually sit in said seats, I will be very disappointed in all if you.

And by by sit in also including standing in front of. Anything other than completely ignoring them.

the duder
07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Rearranged travel plans at the last minute to fly back from San Francisco to Philly a day early to see this show. Beyond stoked!!!

mistresswanda
07-23-2014, 07:54 PM
EDIT: May have found someone....

So due to life being a bitch, my friend had to.bail on me for this show. So, i have a tix available. Section 203, row S. Won't lie, these tix were comped, but said friend was going to pay gas and parking so if anyone wants a tix for say 50.00, pm me.

RJK
07-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Edit: strike that wrong show. Still a mystery.

m15a
07-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Did anyone with pre-sale tickets get an email for this show? (Like the one that usually comes about a week before.) I didn't get anything yet.

RJK
07-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Did anyone with pre-sale tickets get an email for this show? (Like the one that usually comes about a week before.) I didn't get anything yet.

Normally NIN.com presales send the email three or four days ahead of time.
So we wait.

m15a
07-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Normally NIN.com presales send the email three or four days ahead of time.
So we wait.

Thanks. I thought I might just be impatient. :D

Kyle
07-24-2014, 05:04 PM
I usually don't even pay attention to when I get that and forgot to be expecting one until this post. It's not like I need the reminder lol.

JML9
07-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Four days before the show and I'm still confused about the whole pit thing. I called Ticketmaster and they said that there is seats in the pit.

mistresswanda
07-26-2014, 09:55 AM
My last recollection of the Camden pit was that there were no "permanent" seats. (aka, bolted to the ground) So if there are going to be "seats", they are most likely going to be folding chairs.... which we all know are easily moved. Hoping for the best for all those w/ pre-sale GA tix!

RJK
07-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Four days before the show and I'm still confused about the whole pit thing. I called Ticketmaster and they said that there is seats in the pit.

I feel like this is the truth that we all want to hope isn't true.

sick among the pure
07-26-2014, 10:11 AM

You called ticketmaster, but not the actual venue, right? I'd say call the venue, and ask if the front orchestra pit will be seated, and if so, if they are bolted rows or folding chairs.
I know we're all hoping for an open pit, and folding chairs sounds stupid and dangerous.

JML9
07-26-2014, 11:08 AM
You called ticketmaster, but not the actual venue, right? I'd say call the venue, and ask if the front orchestra pit will be seated, and if so, if they are bolted rows or folding chairs.
I know we're all hoping for an open pit, and folding chairs sounds stupid and dangerous.

I tried to call the venue but no one answered. I just left a message for someone to call me back. Let's see if they do. This is very frustrating.

Kyle
07-26-2014, 11:35 AM
If there are seats and people pay any attention to them rather than just walking up to the railing and standing there, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

slave2thewage
07-26-2014, 12:01 PM
My friend that was meant to be going to this show can't make it and he's giving the ticket away (for free). Send me a PM and I'll put you in contact with him.

JML9
07-26-2014, 04:18 PM
So I finally talked to someone and it is seats. It seems like NIN.Com screwed this up. So I guess when we get our tickets on Wed it will have an assigned row and seat number. That really sucks! I'm going to call again on Monday to see if there is more clearer information.

mistresswanda
07-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Just talked to my cousin who was at a show here this year. There is a big open section, aka the pit, still. There were no chairs or seats in the pit as of two months ago. Still betting if there any seats, they will be folding chairs.
Which is amusing me that i seem to be so invested in this particular topic because i have seats in the 203 section and will be no where near GA pit.

RJK
07-26-2014, 05:34 PM
For the record some shows do GA pit some shows do a seated pit at this venue. In other venues I've been to that do this it is literally a row of seats they bring in just like the ones in the seated section. Not folding chairs. Ticketmaster the entire time has said it was a seated pit for this show. The confusion arises in the fact that NIN.com sold us tickets that say GA.

Also I'm fairly certain that security isn't going to let everyone "rush the rail". They've done this before they know what they're doing.

Kyle
07-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Well at least I won't have to worry about getting there early.

JML9
07-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Well at least I won't have to worry about getting there early.

Yeah I was gonna make the drive down on Tues from NY. Guess I can cancel my hotel reservation.

sick among the pure
07-27-2014, 12:29 PM
If I get my GA ticket and it says I'm ASSIGNED to a specific seat and row, you better fucking believe I'm raising hell. I am cool with there being seats. But it's GA. GENERAL ADMITTANCE. AS IN YOU GET TO PICK WHERE IN THE SECTION YOUR TICKET IS FOR THAT YOU WILL BE.
I'll ask the nin.com presale lady today in Toronto if she knows anything about it.

JML9
07-27-2014, 12:41 PM
If I get my GA ticket and it says I'm ASSIGNED to a specific seat and row, you better fucking believe I'm raising hell. I am cool with there being seats. But it's GA. GENERAL ADMITTANCE. AS IN YOU GET TO PICK WHERE IN THE SECTION YOUR TICKET IS FOR THAT YOU WILL BE.
I'll ask the nin.com presale lady today in Toronto if she knows anything about it.

That would be awesome if the ticket girl has any info. Thank you. I think there will be a bunch of us raising hell right with you. I also think it's a little strange we haven't gotten the emails yet. I got one for Mansfield about three weeks ago and that show is Tues.

mooney138
07-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Cheers!

slavetothewage ... (1) a friend's ticket who cannot make it, send a PM for contact info.

m15a
07-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Eh. Someone definitely screwed up, but having assigned seats isn't super surprising (way less surprising than having an actual no-seats GA would be . . considering people have tickets for assigned seats in the section). At least it shouldn't be a huge surprise to anyone that checks on here regularly. And I don't see anyone really pushing to get their money back because of assigned seats.

I'm not saying don't complain. But I guess what I'm getting at is that if you want to "raise hell", you should at least start by emailing the online ticket people who actually may be responsible and may be able to actually do something about it (let you return your tickets). I'd figure the people checking off names can't do much more than apologize and pass the message on.

Thanks everyone for looking into it, though.

Kyle
07-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Eh. Someone definitely screwed up, but having assigned seats isn't super surprising (way less surprising than having an actual no-seats GA would be . . considering people have tickets for assigned seats in the section). At least it shouldn't be a huge surprise to anyone that checks on here regularly. And I don't see anyone really pushing to get their money back because of assigned seats.

I'm not saying don't complain. But I guess what I'm getting at is that if you want to "raise hell", you should at least start by emailing the online ticket people who actually may be responsible and may be able to actually do something about it (let you return your tickets). I'd figure the people checking off names can't do much more than apologize and pass the message on.

Thanks everyone for looking into it, though.

This.

If you want to raise holy hell with the people responsible for the screw up and who can do something about it, go right ahead. But don't be obnoxious to the people who are just doing their jobs. Anybody who has worked in a restaurant or retail or anything similar should have my back on this.

sick among the pure
07-28-2014, 02:29 AM
That would be awesome if the ticket girl has any info. Thank you. I think there will be a bunch of us raising hell right with you. I also think it's a little strange we haven't gotten the emails yet. I got one for Mansfield about three weeks ago and that show is Tues.

Unfortunately, got to the venue a bit later than we wanted, due to an hour wait to cross the border and a ridiculous time getting parking. So, I wasn't there early enough to ask her (didn't want to bug her while they were giving out tickets, was just going to ask when she came out to check on things). Hopefully we will get to the venue and it'll be an actual GA, not randomly assigned seats.
Don't worry, I'm not an asshole, I'm not going to yell at people at the venue who obviously had nothing to do with it, and can't help anyhow. I've worked food service, cashier, and retail before, I know what is and isn't a bullshit customer reaction. I'm just going to ask what is going on, and who I should talk to about the mix up if that is the case (nin.com, ticketmaster, venue, etc). Not that I would have not gone to the show if I had known from the beginning, but I don't think anyone can say it's not bullshit to sell GA tickets and have people show up the day of the show with randomly assigned seats. I didn't plan on camping out, since I knew it was going to be a seated GA, but I did plan on getting there early enough to make a difference between from of the pit and basically 100 section, off to the side. It's worth it, to me, to spend that extra couple hours before doors open, to sit patiently in line, to get a better spot. That's why you opt for GA, to get to pick where you are, within the area, to enjoy the show how you want to.

I'm not sure what was meant by "having assigned seats shouldn't be super surprising". I've never had a GA ticket that wasn't general admittance. I've never gotten a GA ticket that then directed me to a specific spot that I had to stay at. I've been avoiding the tour journals because I didn't want to spoil the setlist before the show, has every stop so far had assigned seat GA?

Really, I just want to know if it will make any difference if I show up at 4 or at 6. I want to know if my ticket already has a specific seat number printed on it right now. Since I have to rely on SEPTA to get to PATCO, that extra 2 hours would be great...

JML9
07-28-2014, 05:53 AM
This.

If you want to raise holy hell with the people responsible for the screw up and who can do something about it, go right ahead. But don't be obnoxious to the people who are just doing their jobs. Anybody who has worked in a restaurant or retail or anything similar should have my back on this.

I've been working in a restaurant for 15 years, I definitely understand. I'm not one to yell at innocent people. I did email MusicToday and hopefully I get a response. I just have to cancel my hotel reservation today if there is no reason to line up early.

RJK
07-28-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure what was meant by "having assigned seats shouldn't be super surprising". I've never had a GA ticket that wasn't general admittance. I've never gotten a GA ticket that then directed me to a specific spot that I had to stay at. I've been avoiding the tour journals because I didn't want to spoil the setlist before the show, has every stop so far had assigned seat GA?

Every venue that normally has an open pit has had seats in it for this tour. No one has sold GA tickets for any show on this tour except for NIN.com for this show. When the show went on sale on ticketmaster it was sold as assigned seats in the pit. So NIN.Com fucked up.

Hopefully we will all get there and have been assigned front row seats and this whole thing won't matter.

Black Sabbath
07-28-2014, 09:29 AM
I have never, ever, seen a seated pit in Camden. I really hope it ends up actually being GA seeing as how I just bought a pair off of StubHub. Won't be "disappointed" if it isn't since I'll still be seeing the show, but I really hope it's legit GA. Which I honestly think it will be.

kdrcraig
07-28-2014, 09:31 AM
I've never seen a seated pit in Camden either, but I haven't been there since 2009

RJK
07-28-2014, 09:39 AM
I have never, ever, seen a seated pit in Camden. I really hope it ends up actually being GA seeing as how I just bought a pair off of StubHub. Won't be "disappointed" if it isn't since I'll still be seeing the show, but I really hope it's legit GA. Which I honestly think it will be.

It seems that they do seated pits for artists like Backstreet Boys and stuff like that. Hence why none of us have seen a seated pit there.

JML9
07-28-2014, 10:58 AM
I tried calling the venue again but didn't get anyone. That is probably my last attempt. I guess we'll show up on Wednesday and hope for the best.

Kyle
07-28-2014, 12:36 PM
The email just sent out does make reference to the pit area but I'm sure that means nothing.

RJK
07-28-2014, 12:56 PM
The email just sent out does make reference to the pit area but I'm sure that means nothing.

Because they clearly want to confuse us even more.

minusthesnake
07-28-2014, 01:40 PM
For what it's worth, tickets to general admission shows usually still have "Seat Numbers" on them, to help them count the tickets as they're doled out. Not saying that's the case for this show, but it always amuses me with GA venues/sections. Guess you won't know until you get there. Crossing my fingers for all of you lucky enough to get the GA tickets.

Kyle
07-28-2014, 01:44 PM
All I want to know is how early I need to get there.

RJK
07-28-2014, 01:47 PM
All I want to know is how early I need to get there.

I feel the same way. If I need/needed to get there at 9 am for rail is a big difference than getting there at 4 or later because I have a seat.

Kyle
07-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I feel the same way. If I need/needed to get there at 9 am for rail is a big difference than getting there at 4 or later because I have a seat.

Even if they're general admission seats (and I've actually been to a concert like that before. It was rather a rather stupid setup - http://www.ninwiki.com/2000/06/03_San_Diego,_CA - this show to be specific. And it wasn't just for one section, it was the whole show. You'd buy tickets for a section and then you could sit anywhere in the section), I'd still want to get there earlier. Maybe not 9 am early, but I'm not going to show up at 5 or 6 either like I would if it's reserved seating.

I was at a show at the same venue. I had tickets for the section behind the pit. I was a number of rows back and just said "fuck this" and walked right up and stood at the railing in the front of the section. Everybody else was in front of their seats, but nobody stopped me. But the main point was that I was at what was roughly the equivalent of the far back of the pit (stage right too so it wasn't even dead center) and it was still a good spot. So honestly, I think anywhere in the pit area won't be bad. I still want to get as close as possible though.

Also I was at a show in a different venue that was all seats. I had tickets for the third row stage right. Instead I was one person behind the railing, dead center, close enough to see the stubble on Billy Corgan's head, because nobody was in their seats. Someone said security would be on top of things. They're on top of things if one person gets out of their seat and rushes the rail. If the entire crowd ignores the seats and treats it as a pit with obstacles, the only thing security can do is keep you off the stage.

JML9
07-28-2014, 02:55 PM

This. Especially since I have a 3 1/2 hour drive from upstate NY!

m15a
07-28-2014, 03:18 PM

I didn't mean much by it except that there was definitely a lot of uncertainty on here when the Ticketmaster tickets went on sale. My guess was that there would be a small GA seated section (or certain rows or whatever), too.

I definitely feel bad for people that will be camping out because they don't go on the forums. There absolutely should have been more communication. IMO, that lack of communication is much worse than the fact that it's assigned seats.

JML9
07-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Soooo, just browsing on Instagram and someone posted a Ticketmaster ticket. It says PIT row P4 seat 39! Does not say GA PIT anywhere.

RJK
07-28-2014, 05:09 PM
So ticketmaster sold seats in the pit to this show.
Ticketmaster says the pit is seated.
The venue says the pit is seated.
Instagram pictures show assigned seats in the pit.

Seems to a 99.9% chance that NIN.com fucked up.

Kyle
07-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah I've come to accept that there will be seats here. What I want to know is will they be assigned seats or ga seats. Because as I mentioned, I've seen ga seats at a show once before. I'm leaning towards assigned seats but would not be completely surprised at ga seats either. But knowing would be nice. It's half the battle after all.

Black Sabbath
07-28-2014, 08:33 PM
So pissed because I finally bought my ticket on stubhub today and could have paid like less than $15 more to be in the 3rd row when I paid for row 8.

Corona Radiata
07-28-2014, 09:20 PM
What the fuck?????????

So I have early entry tickets to an assigned fucking seat? Are you kidding me?

halo33
07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm at Mansfield right now. I spoke to the NIN.com ticket girl and she said there are NO pits for the entire tour. So she says, yes. They will be assigned seats.

Black Sabbath
07-29-2014, 02:15 PM
That's so irritating. Really wish I would have known that when I bought my tickets on stubhub yesterday. $15 more would have gotten me in Row 3

halo33
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Well, at least I know I can get some sleep tonite. Driving straight to philly from here woulda sucked.

Kyle
07-29-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm at Mansfield right now. I spoke to the NIN.com ticket girl and she said there are NO pits for the entire tour. So she says, yes. They will be assigned seats.
Did she specifically say assigned seats? Because as mentioned it could be GA seats.

Black Sabbath
07-29-2014, 03:00 PM
We could pull an early-90s NIN-fan stunt and start trashing the chairs and turn it into a legit pit.

m15a
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
To get to the venue from Center City (and back), do I take the PATCO to the Broadway station? Sorry, Google maps is being dumb.

JML9
07-29-2014, 03:45 PM

Well at least we have some clarification. Thank you for talking to her. So I guess we have surprise seats in store for us !

Sirchadofwick
07-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Going to be selling my extra "pit" ticket (i'm pissed about the seats) for 50 bucks because, well, my plans fell through with my friend and i want to hook a fellow nin fan up with a sweet deal. You'll have to be there at around 5 to meet me and walk in with me. PM me

ickyvicky
07-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow!

sick among the pure
07-29-2014, 08:53 PM
To get to the venue from Center City (and back), do I take the PATCO to the Broadway station? Sorry, Google maps is being dumb.

Yes, Broadway (the first stop after you cross the Delaware) is where you want your PATCO ticket to be for. Then you just walk down MLK Blvd toward the river, left on Front, follow the curve right on Harbor Blvd (basically walk around the parking lot) and it looks like you just keep going onto Clinton st for nin.com presale, and regular box office places. I've been there... twice I think, for Mayhem fest, and that's where everyone goes in and out as far as I can tell.

Do you know your way around Philly to get to PATCO? I can give you some directions and tips if you'd like.

Regarding assigned seats: yes, that is bullshit. And I will ask the pre-sale lady if she knows how I can get ahold of whoever made this mistake on nin.com's side (what e-mail address, if it's just general music today support, etc). I won't yell at her, I know it's not her fault, she's amazing and super helpful, so don't worry about misplaced anger and complaints.
I'm just glad I found out now that they are confirmed assigned seats, since I was planning on sitting out for a few hours. I am mostly upset because I always make sure to be on Robin's side, because I love watching him perform. Even when I'm forced to have a seat, I buy a seat on his side, and would rather take a hit in distance to stage in order to be over there. I am excited about the show, but a little disappointed in the uncertainty and "SURPRISE, YOU PAID $120, YOU GET A RANDOMLY ASSIGNED LOCATION THAT YOU CAN'T DO SHIT ABOUT, NO REFUNDS NO SELLING OR TRANSFERRING SO GLAD YOU'RE ENGOUH OF A FAN TO HAVE AN ANXIETY ATTACK GETTING PRE-SALE TICKETS"

I legit miss The Spiral...

pwing47
07-29-2014, 10:33 PM
We could pull an early-90s NIN-fan stunt and start trashing the chairs and turn it into a legit pit.

I know I'm not supposed to post in threads for shows I'm not attending, but I had to comment on this since it's been on my mind since March, when I fought dozens for tickets (I had a "PIT" ticket for Vegas, and one for Houston, coming up).

While I was in line at the Vegas show (first show on the tour, if you don't include Pemberton's festival), a girl working told me that the pit area was standing only, because I asked. I was first in line for the Golden Circle (aka PIT) area at the time, and my heart started to race, because I was first in line for GC. And then an older gentleman employee actually went and looked at the floor and relayed to me that there were seats on the floor. My heart sunk. But once the show started, I forgot about it all and my brain left reality for 90 mins.

Anyway, my point is this: the pit is actually pretty good, regardless of spot. You might not have rail, but you're like 20-30 feet away from Trent with (usually) a pretty awesome view of Trent and Co. This is THE ONLY TIME that you will [ever feel alive] get to be in the pit and also rock out with some personal space. Please rock out for me. Please.

m15a
07-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Yes, Broadway (the first stop after you cross the Delaware) is where you want your PATCO ticket to be for. Then you just walk down MLK Blvd toward the river, left on Front, follow the curve right on Harbor Blvd (basically walk around the parking lot) and it looks like you just keep going onto Clinton st for nin.com presale, and regular box office places. I've been there... twice I think, for Mayhem fest, and that's where everyone goes in and out as far as I can tell.

Do you know your way around Philly to get to PATCO? I can give you some directions and tips if you'd like.

Thanks! I know my way around Philadelphia so I should be fine on that side.

Kyle
07-29-2014, 11:08 PM
What are the odds of being able to hear the sound check what with it being outdoors and all? What time would that be?

halo33
07-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Ok. Got confirmation from NIN's head of security. Yes. Assigned seats. Seat numbers are on the tickets. No pit.

Also. I was able to hear sound check tonight in Mansfield. Got terrible lie and disappointed.

Kyle
07-30-2014, 12:40 AM
What time was the NIN sound check?

JML9
07-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Hitting the road soon!!! Good luck everyone!! I hope we luck out with some great seats!!!!

sick among the pure
07-30-2014, 07:35 AM
My ETS shirt showed up this morning, perfect timing, so I'll be wearing that, with my mohawk up. See you guys in a few hours.

Sarah K
07-30-2014, 08:15 AM
If anyone gets there early and is able to snag those venue posters, plz get me one... I won't arrive to my shows until late, and I doubt I'll even see one. I'll pay extra.

halo33
07-30-2014, 09:18 AM
What time was the NIN sound check?

I feel like it was around 3:30-4?

Black Sabbath
07-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Anyone know what time doors open in general? I live a little over 2 hours away and wanted to get there earlier in hopes of hitting the merch and drinking.

RJK
07-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Anyone know what time doors open in general? I live a little over 2 hours away and wanted to get there earlier in hopes of hitting the merch and drinking.

6 PM doors open to the general public.

mistresswanda
07-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Bring money for the drinking.... Camden is stupid expensive.

Black Sabbath
07-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah I'll probably tailgate a bit.

Anyone know how much parking is? Haven't been there since 2011 and I think it was like $20.

sick among the pure
07-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Bring money for the drinking.... Camden is stupid expensive.

Which is why you pre-game if you're going to drink at the show at all. I personally prefer to be sober at a show I drop this kind of money on, but understand people who do want to drink. I've just never understood people who are willing to pay double digits for a single (probably watered the hell down) beer that has a chance of being spilled or knocked over before you finish it anyhow (I was sliding around in beer the entire show in Toronto, thanks to slanted cement floors).

Ok, so, I'm starting to get a bit stir crazy sitting in my apartment waiting... I might get ready and head down to the show soon. I mean, it'll take a good 45 min to get to center city, and then depending on the PATCO schedule, a half hour or more to get to the venue. I'm not used to this. I am always in line by now, because I have a GA ticket and want to be on the rail (because short person problems, and a bad knee). But this whole "pre-assigned seat" thing, coupled with not meeting up with friends I know from before and hanging out in line for a while, I don't know what to do with myself until our entry time of 4:30... maybe I'll leave in like an hour... stop for something to eat in the city... stop talking to myself...

m15a
07-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Don't forget you can bring in a single sealed bottle of water (per person). It's not bad out, but you know.

RJK
07-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Yeah I'll probably tailgate a bit.

Anyone know how much parking is? Haven't been there since 2011 and I think it was like $20.

$25-30 depending on how close.

edit: I'm here. I'm wearing a red Sonoio shirt.

Kyle
07-30-2014, 04:43 PM
P6 seat 44

RJK
07-30-2014, 05:22 PM
P2 seat 34. The people next to me are allowed to go to the rail but I'm not because I have a chair in front of me and they don't. :-(

k258
07-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Oneohtrix is majestic and would be better enjoyed in the dark from the lawn.

k258
07-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Soundgarden songs all sound alike to me. Especially when I can't understand the lyrics. I can't believe I'm actually sitting right now.