PDA

View Full Version : [Music] Cross Contamination

elevenism
03-09-2014, 10:05 PM
This is the first time i've noticed you guys posting music, and i've gotta say i'm impressed!
I've been playing guitar since i was seven (both my parents were always in bands,) but when i turned about seventeen, i got more interested in songwriting. I'm 34 now and a hell of a lot better guitar player (although it doesn't really show in these videos.)
I've always been interested in what i call electronic/organic...electronic beats and samples with guitar and vocals.

I played around dallas a whole lot with my ex gf as "Just Like You Imagined." I was the first person to register that as a band name on facebook. I figured trent was calling himself HDTA, right? When i broke up with that girl, i switched my name back to Cross Contamination.
Here is a song i recorded in about 2000. The video is newish though...i made it about two years ago. I REALLY need to get my shit together and get my songs recorded.
Here's this one...it's my first video. The recording sounds kinda dated, but it's all i've got, and i'm VERY proud of the video.
And yes that's me on all programming and every instrument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbw1QlBmgg

elevenism
03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
And here's something COMPLETELY different...just this little thing i wrote a couple of years ago and recorded with a web cam on a shitty old classical guitar. It's ruff, but VERY heartfelt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDuR0UJu8bU

elevenism
03-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Damn, 12 views and zero likes...tuff crowd, ha!

elevenism
03-12-2014, 02:30 AM
HOLY SHIT....56 views and no likes or comments? am i to assume that ets does not enjoy my musical stylings? ha!

is nobody feeling it? i know that the drum kit and whatnot sounds dated on the first one, but keep in mind, i recorded it 13 years ago.
And the other one is really poorly recorded. but damn y'all...i just listened to these songs, and I for one like them...they arent my BEST, but none of y'all can feel either one of them?