PDA

View Full Version : 2014.03.08 - Newcastle, Australia @ Entertainment Centre

Aeson
03-08-2014, 04:56 AM
Just returned from the show, what I can remember of the setlist is up at setlist.fm. Much heavier focus on electronics tonight, Ilan didn't touch the drums for most of the first half of the show. Nothing from The Fragile once again which is disappointing but happy to see Vessel live.

Matt Goldfinch
03-08-2014, 09:42 AM
I fucked up. expected at 7pm start not 6.30pm. missed the first 20 or so minutes of Nin but taped everything from there onwards. The great destroyer really turned it into an ultimate jizz-fest

Recording to be released soon...

Corona Radiata
03-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Who played first. NIN or QOTSA?

Leviathant
03-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Who played first. NIN or QOTSA?

Do not post in show date threads unless you were in attendance (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2439-Do-not-post-in-show-date-threads-unless-you-were-in-attendance)
It's pretty clear from Matt Goldfinch's post that NIN hit the stage first. Either that or the show started extraordinarily early.

Corona Radiata
03-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Sorry. It's just hard to remember all the dumb rules since this site has the worst organizing of any band forum I've ever posted on.

sarah
03-08-2014, 07:21 PM
NIN played first. They moved the set times up so Brody started at 6:30p.

Nice to hear The Great Destroyer again.

Matt Goldfinch
03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Just looked at the setlist, Turns out I walked in on the opening song towards the end and didn't start recording until the 3rd song onwards.

keychainsandsnowstorms
03-08-2014, 10:18 PM
The Great Destroyer pretty much made my year!

streetcleaner89
03-09-2014, 01:31 AM
hey if any of you guys recorded will you be uploading them to reflecting the chrome?

I'd absolutely love to be able to revist two (or one) of my favorite all time bands playing in my back yard!

Matt Goldfinch
03-09-2014, 04:58 AM
hey if any of you guys recorded will you be uploading them to reflecting the chrome?

I'd absolutely love to be able to revist two (or one) of my favorite all time bands playing in my back yard!

Hey buddy, I recorded all 3 shows for NiN and will be ploading all of them after editing is completed. DVD thread to follow, so everyone get ready to either upload or send your videos to me for whoever is willing to participate for any of the 3 shows. If you upload to youtube, expect me to rip and credit you

somewhat_damaged
03-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Set:

Me I'm Not
Survivalism
All Time Low
Sanctified
Disappointed
Copy of A
Find My Way
Vessel
The Great Destroyer
Letting You
March of the Pigs
Burn
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

Was a solid set despite the slight disappointment of a lack of TDS tribute for it's 20 year anniversary.
Thought it was somewhere between the 2 Sydney gigs in terms of quality. 2nd Sydney show was still superior IMO.

Queens were a bit of a mess tonight; Josh was sick (so was Brody) and his mic wasn't working properly for about 5 songs. Having said that they did finish very strongly.

Matt Goldfinch
03-09-2014, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjLsXoxAh7g&feature=youtu.be

ophelia_
03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
It was really great to hear Vessel although I was disappointed about the TDS tribute not happening. Can completely understand why it would mentally be difficult to celebrate an album that reflected such a difficult time in his life, but it would have been nice to hear him acknowledge it.

I asked Dean and Dame at the 2 Sydney gigs if TDS thing was happening and they both played coy and didn't say much which gave me hope. Ah well.

streetcleaner89
03-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Hey buddy, I recorded all 3 shows for NiN and will be ploading all of them after editing is completed. DVD thread to follow, so everyone get ready to either upload or send your videos to me for whoever is willing to participate for any of the 3 shows. If you upload to youtube, expect me to rip and credit you

your a king amongst men dude

Matt Goldfinch
03-10-2014, 07:33 AM
your a king amongst men dude

I do my best for the NiN community :)

schteph
03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
If you thought we were going to hear TDS in full at this show you are delusional.

These set lists are killing me with their mediocrity too.

timdotexe
03-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have an extra used ticket they can spare?
Either they weren't easy to find where to get a ticket back on the way out, or I was too drunk, or both!