PDA

View Full Version : NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

rewt75
03-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Where is the Calendar page?

FeelBetterINC
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Fuck presales. Seriously. I was on @ 12. Got the error. Couldn't read the first 4 captchas, and now I'm out of luck.

Hopefully I have better luck on the 21st when they go on sale to the public.

I really hate presales though. You do what they ask and still get screwed.

Gardenia Spectre
03-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Awful stuff with captchas - even when correct. Could only get P3 or P5. Not interested in that. Will have to try regular sale. This was awful. Worst experience in 19 years of NIN concert ticket getting.

halo4nothing
03-17-2014, 11:24 AM
well, that was fun. ugh...toronto went into the waiting room for 3 minutes and then got a webpage error and then several captcha errors only to finally get tickets to find there is no pit at the molson ampitheatre this time around?!? okay, then. i gave up on clarkston after the captcha's were screwed.

hope you all had better luck.

camebackhaunted
03-17-2014, 11:25 AM
http://nin.tix.musictoday.com/calendar.aspx

creid8
03-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Click on any of the pre-sale "on-sale" images, it brings you to another page with all shows listed by date.

NINisamazing
03-17-2014, 11:26 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img842/4761/i3a4.jpg

?????????????????

Like, wtf is this shit??

Nomad.hatter
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM

?????????????????

Even if you figure out those three letters, guess what - there's a fourth that's not even showing up. Wow.

NINisamazing
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Let me find out the tour I do not get tickets for, Trent is doing a quiet bridge school like set....

Mr.Metheus
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM
I was put in the 5 minute waiting room, so I tried again on my husband's computer and got in right away.

Fuck those captchas. I have never been so angry at letters and numbers in my life.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM

?????????????????. Exactly.. I got like 5 of these in a row.. Wtf.. Still got P2 but it cost me P1 for sure.. At least I'm dead center behind the soundboard so hopefully it's good sound-wise.

Gardenia Spectre
03-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Kept telling me I was putting the stupid fucking captcha in wrong. I have NEVER had this much trouble getting presale tickets. EVER.

What..the. flying..fuck!?

Same experience. Finally settled for P2 tickets for me and P3 for my kids. But NOT HAPPY - after all those years of faithful fandom and concert going. I remember being in 3rd row at Jones Beach with the Spiral...

AgentofChaos
03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Got 2 very good tickets for Toronto. Easy breezy process but I did fail the captcha once though and yeah it was pretty tough to read.

Seems like there still might be pit though, just not on this presale. Did anyone get row A-D? Cause that would be the pit and I don't believe those went on sale here since it looks like the closest people got were row E-F.

FULLMETAL
03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
No clear seating chart corresponding to the P1/P2/P3, captcha's that are insane, countdown timers - and no general admission pit up front (save for Camden)?!

So, what the fuck is the benefit of early entry for a reserved seating show?

Kyle
03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
For that missed my Bowie story - mosh in the aisles. Fuck seats.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
No clear seating chart corresponding to the P1/P2/P3, captcha's that are insane, countdown timers - and no general admission pit up front (save for Camden)?!

Quick access to beer... Oh wait, my venue is dry... Booooooooooo.

cynicmuse
Hopefully pretty tickets? I was really surprised by this whole experience, since things have run relatively smoothly for me in the past.

AyannaD
Worst experience with captcha. I almost gave up.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 11:36 AM
There are "official Platinum seats" on Ticketmaster for some shows. Up to $500, from what I can see. o_0

Edit: Wow. At DTE $495 for the first rows. I got front-row during NINJA through the presale. Nutso

k258
03-17-2014, 11:36 AM
That was rough. Only got one show. Not settling for P2. There's always tomorrow...

m0reta
03-17-2014, 11:37 AM

Obviously the chance for that autographed poster and leather pants worn by both Trent and Chris Cornell. *wink wink*

K-Rice
03-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Disappointed there's no pit. But I got 4 tickets to Atlanta! Section 101 row T. See you there!

Jon Griffin
03-17-2014, 11:38 AM
The nonsensical "waiting room" before you could actually get tickets, worst captcha I've ever seen, confusing seating.

RJK
03-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Got pit for Camden and couldn't get anything good for Jones Beach and Holmdel. Man that capcha was fucked.

m0reta
03-17-2014, 11:39 AM
What's the ticketmaster code? I've tried NINSG but it's not liking it on my end. Tried different shows so far.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 11:40 AM
FU stubhub!!!! How are there tix up already? Grrrr.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Worst experience with captcha. I almost gave up.

You tried. You gave up.

Scarlet Siren
03-17-2014, 11:41 AM
That captcha is FUCKED UP!

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 11:43 AM
What's the ticketmaster code? I've tried NINSG but it's not liking it on my end. Tried different shows so far.

Try MYWAVE

IndyJ
03-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Ok, just for clarification, which tickets *are* the closest? (Hopefully) getting tickets for Shoreline and have never been there/bought nin.com tickets.

khris
03-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Got 2 very good tickets for Toronto. Easy breezy process but I did fail the captcha once though and yeah it was pretty tough to read.

Seems like there still might be pit though, just not on this presale. Did anyone get row A-D? Cause that would be the pit and I don't believe those went on sale here since it looks like the closest people got were row E-F.
No, anything level 100 is the GA when it's GA.
I am sure this will be GA, they are just using numbers for the tickets. Unless it's like when I went to see Florence & The Machine in 2012, it was not GA, and the tickets in rows A-D of section 102 were the "platinum" seats that you have to pay like $500 for. And if you tried to go near those seats the security was all over you. You had to stay at your seat!

homphgomph
So as someone going for Tinley, is it best to just ask for another Captcha until i see one that is easily legible? or just keep trying until I force my way through the bullshit.

BaldFreakshow
I managed to get 102 row C in the Toronto NIN.com pre-sale.

A bunch of tickets for rows A,B,C,D were/are on Ticketmaster as part of the "platinum seats" for $400+/ticket

camebackhaunted
FU stubhub!!!! How are there tix up already? Grrrr.
Because the system is corrupt, and the venue or promoter or Trent Reznor allocates a large number of tickets to sell directly to stubhub, so that they can then claim the show is "sold out" and people will pay stubhub more for the 10,000 tickets they have to a "sold out" show.

Scalpers are not some mysterious unstoppable problem, scalpers are part of the business model. The impossible CAPTCHA is only there to keep out "unapproved" scalpers who are trying to muscle in on their profits.

AgentofChaos
So the 4 first rows aka the Pit, are on ticketmaster as official platinum seating? For 500 bucks? With 50 dollar increments per row? Wow that's kind of sad. It's like the legit version of scalping. I know lots of big names do it, but that's fuckin brutal.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Good thing I wasn’t depending on the NIN twitter account to learn about the presale … they finally posted it 22 minutes past noon on the East Coast. :rolleyes:

Powhatan
Ok, just for clarification, which tickets *are* the closest? (Hopefully) getting tickets for Shoreline and have never been there/bought nin.com tickets.

The NIN presales have done this in the past. They label the best price range "P1" - and the next best price range "P2"
and so on.

Whoever took that screen capture of the Captcha thing - that was EXACTLY what it was like.
Ridiculous. All in the name of security. Nice one whoever designed that crap.

ryanj101

I used MYWAVE

Newmember
03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
How did you get pit tickets? I can't get pit for any venue?

Needwingstofly
03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
I was on the verge of tears and outright yelling at my husband because of this bullshit capcha. In the end, got tickets - but NOWHERE near as good as ones we had gotten in the past.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-17-2014, 11:48 AM
So as someone going for Tinley, is it best to just ask for another Captcha until i see one that is easily legible? or just keep trying until I force my way through the bullshit.
I didn’t get a legible one until I asked for a new one. One of them just had four squiggly lines that could have been anything.

camebackhaunted
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
How did you get pit tickets? I can't get pit for any venue?
You cannot, there are no pit tickets. (Except for 1 venue anyway.)

ManBurning
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
There are "official Platinum seats" on Ticketmaster for some shows. Up to $500, from what I can see. o_0

Edit: Wow. At DTE $495 for the first rows. I got front-row during NINJA through the presale. Nutso

Fuck, if I knew that before hand I would have said fuck it to this NIN.com presale for 11 rows back... I can see on ticketmaster right now, 2nd row (B) $495 each. I totally would have paid that for a 2nd row seat. Hmmm.... How much do I love Trent? Should I take the plunge, but the 2nd row $500 seats on TOP of the $224.50 I already paid him, lol... he does make good music. That's kind of a waste, lol... If i'm gonna do this, i'll buy a premium ticket for a second show, not the same show, that's a total waste.

Hmm... work some major overtime over the next couple months to afford 2 $500 front row tickets for my Girlfriend and I... This guy won't be around for ever, lol... I should totally do it. I think this is the last tour for a good 4-5 years anyway, should soak up all the NIN while we can...

The way this band brainwashes me is insane.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 11:52 AM
ryanj101 you could have PM'd that password instead of posting it. You just make it harder for everyone.

NINisamazing
03-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Is anyone thinking trent is doing a bridge-school like set because of the seat only ?

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 11:53 AM
The P1 P2 P3 thing was bullshit. I went for P1, the most expensive, because that has ALWAYS meant closest (100 level) section of seats. I don't think I'll get over being screwed into paying the highest price for a 300 level seat until I get to the show and realize it's better than nothing. But seriously, I paid half the price for a seat half the distance to the stage when I bought a seat last time.

camebackhaunted
03-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Is anyone thinking trent is doing a bridge-school like set because of the seat only ?
Wishful thinking. NINJA tour was largely seated venues, and unbridgelike.

ryanj101 you could have PM'd that password instead of posting it. You just make it harder for everyone.
The word you are looking for is "fairer" for everyone. (But harder for you.)

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-17-2014, 11:54 AM
If I had the money to burn, I’d buy some of those $500 “platinum” tickets and give them away to random people.

I’d tell them there’s one condition: if the “fans” next to them look like suits, pour lighter fluid over their heads and set them on fire. I’d even provide the necessary equipment.

halo33
03-17-2014, 11:55 AM
I am ashamed to say I did better through the Soundgarden presale. WTF happened Music Today? The Tension presales were SO smooth in comparison to this garbage.

Anomander
On my dry run I just kept returning tickets that didn't seem all that good, and kept getting better ones...

frothy_ham
Ugh...glad I clicked on Tampa out of curiosity to see that the Austin shows were on sale early (we're supposed to start at 12:00 CST)...I was able to get 2 tix after trying the damn captcha's on multiple browsers across multiple computers...how do they always fuck up this bad?

NINisamazing
I was on the verge of tears and outright yelling at my husband because of this bullshit capcha. In the end, got tickets - but NOWHERE near as good as ones we had gotten in the past.
Check out the picture I uploaded.

How is that readable???
Did I have to be on acid?

Needwingstofly
03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10004003_10203246687876311_2146409446_n.jpg

A W E S O M E

Needwingstofly
03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Maybe all the ones that are on acid got in very very fast and were able to get good seats..... hmmmm maybe I should give that a try next time..

DonkeyBoner42
03-17-2014, 11:58 AM
So the 4 first rows aka the Pit, are on ticketmaster as official platinum seating? For 500 bucks? With 50 dollar increments per row? Wow that's kind of sad. It's like the legit version of scalping. I know lots of big names do it, but that's fuckin brutal.

This is a LIVE NATION practice. All bands that use LIVE NATION have shit like this going on. Don't blame NIN or Soundgarden. Blame the system. Yes, they partake in it. But, it's a system thing.

Urban_Legend
03-17-2014, 12:01 PM
This presale process was insane. P1 / P2 / P3? Seemed to be no difference between P1 and P2 when I was searching for Charlotte, NC - except for the price. Some P2 locations seemed better than P1. Captcha made no sense and timed out after failed attempts. Was able to snag row AA after seeing all the options that came up. Was hoping for pit. I guess we will see.

Been on here for years - forgot my pass / email so had to create this new ID.

FeelBetterINC
03-17-2014, 12:02 PM
well the nin presale was a total disaster.

I finally got tix for Camden in sec 104 off of ticketmaster. Not where I wanted to be, but I felt like if I didn't get them now, everything will be gone by tomorrow.

Theres also early bird deals for lawn seats. $28 bucks. For any other show, I'd def do that.

Melissa A. Veal
03-17-2014, 12:03 PM
First of all, I want to start out by saying this presale was a total shit storm. No pit for the Charlotte show? Just section 1,2,3. I have been to this venue 1000 times and there as always been a pit. I just payed 128 bucks for a fucking seat ticket. (Which is the same price for a NIN pit ticket from other tours.) well, I guess I will be watching NIN from a seat! Fuck yes!

ekrekel
03-17-2014, 12:03 PM
4 Pit tickets @ Houston
Giggidy.

First of all, I want to start out by saying this presale was a total shit storm. No pit for the Charlotte show? Just section 1,2,3. I have been to this venue 1000 times and there as always been a pit. I just payed 128 bucks for a fucking seat ticket. (Which is the same price for a NIN pit ticket from other tours.) well, I guess I will be watching NIN from a seat! Fuck yes!

Mine showed up as seats too, but I cannot imagine they'll install the seats for NIN/Soundgarden. You probably have a GA ticket. A few arenas had seat/row numbers on GA seats during the 2006(?) tour.

Denim Chicken
03-17-2014, 12:05 PM
so no pit tickets for chicago? or are there none in the presale?

GetReady
03-17-2014, 12:05 PM
While being in the NIN queue for 8 minutes I went to LiveNation and used the Soundgarden PW. It showed they were all in other people's carts and to keep trying. I was finally able to get 4 tickets released that were front row seats behind the pit in Atlanta. This was all while my 8 minutes were counting down to an error. I grabbed those tickets for $80 each. I kept trying NIN's page and finally some seats a few rows back came up for the P2 pricing. Besides the cluster, they should tell you that P1 appears to be just pit. Some of us old folks (35) prefer seats. :)
Atlanta still showed good P2 seats at 12:45pm on NIN.

Black Sabbath
03-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Awful experience, and maybe I'll be the first to say it, but unless it's an amphitheater that has a GA option, please don't play there. Who wants a seat for a NIN/SG show? Maybe some people can't do the pit, but I'd say the majority preference would be PIT.

Wasn't able to get any Pit tickets for Camden and the other shows have no Pit.

Pretty disappointed.

ManBurning
03-17-2014, 12:07 PM
No, anything level 100 is the GA when it's GA.
I am sure this will be GA, they are just using numbers for the tickets. Unless it's like when I went to see Florence & The Machine in 2012, it was not GA, and the tickets in rows A-D of section 102 were the "platinum" seats that you have to pay like $500 for. And if you tried to go near those seats the security was all over you. You had to stay at your seat!

No, this is 100% not GA. Those "$500 premium seats" you speak of exist at this show as well. If you go to ticketmaster now, you can buy one for $500. I thought about it after I already spent my money on fanclub tickets. I would much rather just throw more money at the problem to have A) not dealt with the pre-sale bullshit and B) be as close as I can without having to lineup at the venue at 7am for front row. In a case like this (not having a GA pit) the $500 price tag is worth it to be first or 2nd row.

suprefan

Its on the soundgarden website, nothing secret about it.

magnolia
4 Pit tickets @ Houston
Giggidy.

Just got 2 pit to Houston, and 2 in row 8 to Austin. Whew. No I don't feel like I have to vomit.
Is it actual pit in Houston, or is it still seating, because I have seat numbers? I'm confused by that.

nm, just read the rest of your post

seansrk
03-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Row A. Dead Center seats in Dallas. Fuck Yes. Fuck YES.

rewt75
03-17-2014, 12:08 PM
I had no problems. I got four seats to the Dallas show in section 100, row J. Not dead-center but still better than any show I've seen there. Can't wait!!!

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 12:09 PM
While being in the NIN queue for 8 minutes I went to LiveNation and used the Soundgarden PW. It showed they were all in other people's carts and to keep trying. I was finally able to get 4 tickets released that were front row seats behind the pit in Atlanta. This was all while my 8 minutes were counting down to an error. I grabbed those tickets for $80 each. I kept trying NIN's page and finally some seats a few rows back came up for the P2 pricing. Besides the cluster, they should tell you that P1 appears to be just pit. Some of us old folks (35) prefer seats. :)
Atlanta still showed good P2 seats at 12:45pm on NIN.

P1 is not just pit. Or even close seats. The high price fooled me, too. I got a P1 seat, and found out it is in the 300 level. Just checked out the ticketmaster presale, and for the same price, I could have gotten a 100 level seat. Other than the price, P1 doesn't seem to mean anything. If the venue has a GA pit, there's a separate section.

GulDukat
03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Mansfield

Section SEC 3 Row S

bobbie solo
03-17-2014, 12:10 PM

no, not at all. There is zero chance of that happening. They are co-headlining a summer amphitheatre tour with a 90's radio rock band with a ton of hits. The crowd will be so bro-tastic your head is going to spin. They will be doing a set similar to Australia, or maybe even lean heavier towards the hits. Sucks, but that's what's going to happen.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 12:11 PM

The passwords are very publicly posted on their FB page and their own Web page. I'm sure random people are going there before they're going to ETS in search of passwords. : /

DonkeyBoner42
I pulled 103, row K for Tinley Park, IL.

All other pit shows are showing the first seated row in 103 as Row S. However, per Ticketmaster this is a PIT show. So, Row K is damn near front row of the seated tickets or with 2 or 3.

Did anyone else get 103?

camebackhaunted
Mine showed up as seats too, but I cannot imagine they'll install the seats for NIN/Soundgarden. You probably have a GA ticket. A few arenas had seat/row numbers on GA seats during the 2006(?) tour.
If they turn around and say "Surprise! it's GA", that would be fantastic, but they wouldn't sell them as seats if they were supposed to be GA. The sold-as-seats NINJA shows didn't magically turn out to be GA, and I'm not aware of any previous NIN tour which sold tickets as seats that turned out to be GA.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

unless it's an amphitheater that has a GA option, please don't play there.
All of these venues have GA options. The seats can be installed and removed at the request of the artist. These venues probably also have monster truck shows and can be optionally filled with dirt.

Credit where credit is due. Trent chose to make them seated shows, not the venue.

NINisamazing
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
no, not at all. There is zero chance of that happening. They are co-headlining a summer amphitheatre tour with a 90's radio rock band with a ton of hits. The crowd will be so bro-tastic your head is going to spin. They will be doing a set similar to Australia, or maybe even lean heavier towards the hits. Sucks, but that's what's going to happen.
I still think this is about trent paying for his screens. I heard they sorta lost money from the tension tour? maybe? Is that nonsense?

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Its on the soundgarden website, nothing secret about it.

ok - so yesterday - someone said that - and I went to the site - and I couldnt find it. I couldnt even find the dates on their site for this tour. This password WAS in my email from them. So dont you think theres a possibility that OTHERS might be as blind as me and cant readily find it on their site as well - never mind those that dont even go to the site and look - but just assume its not going to be posted on their site - as many are not.

Is it too much to suggest that the MORE times people post it on public sites - there will be plenty of people that just LOOK at forums and wouldnt have found it otherwise? All you people bitching to the ends of the earth how hard these presales are - and that is ONLY due to demand - so one would think you people would at LEAST take steps to try to curb the possible demand in any way you could.

Or dont - just keep posting presale passwords on the forums everywhere and then keep bitching about how hard presales are.
Whatever.

ekrekel
03-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Just got 2 pit to Houston, and 2 in row 8 to Austin. Whew. No I don't feel like I have to vomit.
Is it actual pit in Houston, or is it still seating, because I have seat numbers? I'm confused by that.

nm, just read the rest of your post

They could put seats down, but last time I went it was a Pit. A very small one:), image shows ~150 seats, again pretty small area. I might be doing Lawn for Austin show, dropping $450 on tickets kinda took the wind out of my multi-show sales. It's hard to see below, but the farthest guy in the green shirt is one edge of the pit. there's a green railing taht goes from him to the red shirt guy on the right. small pit. see you there.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/79a5c7a26803f37810079d4ef32fefcb/tumblr_mtwdpiOMAs1s589lho1_500.jpg

I might be better off if there are seats. I'm Row 1, 2 seats left of center.

r_k_f
no, not at all. There is zero chance of that happening. They are co-headlining a summer amphitheatre tour with a 90's radio rock band with a ton of hits. The crowd will be so bro-tastic your head is going to spin. They will be doing a set similar to Australia, or maybe even lean heavier towards the hits. Sucks, but that's what's going to happen.. Bro... Spoonman is gonna be so epic..

Powhatan
The passwords are very publicly posted on their FB page and their own Web page. I'm sure random people are going there before they're going to ETS in search of passwords. : /

not all of us go to facebook. I dont. Yesterday I couldnt find it on their web page - only in my email. I can assume others are like me - and wouldnt have found it.
Its amazing you people all argue me while you all bitch about how hard presales are.

(note - while I DID go to their facebook page yesterday - I am not on facebook and usually never go there - I SEEM to remember though that there was a DIFFERENT password on their facebook page - and I noted some of hte ticket master sites have a DIFFERENT FACEBOOK PRESALE TOMORROW.

artgirl9

All other pit shows are showing the first seated row in 103 as Row S. However, per Ticketmaster this is a PIT show. So, Row K is damn near front row of the seated tickets or with 2 or 3.

Did anyone else get 103?

Nope. No P1 to be had.
I'm in 204, row NN. :(

Are those shiny $500 tickets available for our venue? Because my birthday is coming up.

Moebius
03-17-2014, 12:16 PM

?????????????????

Like, wtf is this shit??

I can beat that:
http://i.imgur.com/ltwy9wB.png

AgentofChaos
03-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Powhatan - The whole point of this thread is to help people out, and that includes posting codes. Stop being a selfish prick.

NINisamazing
03-17-2014, 12:17 PM
I can beat that:
Hahahaha, yeah I saw a few of those two.

Powhatan
I can beat that:

yeah - this is the shit I got. I was wondering if I missed out on the decoder glasses everyone here must have ordered ahead of time. ;)

RJK
The Soundgarden presale was a lot easier than the NIN one. The code is MYWAVE. Better than dealing with the bullshit capcha on the musictoday site.

R-Dot-Yung
03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Serious question.

What seats are still available that aren't "official platinum". Can I still get good seats? When are the next opportunities to get seats, only general ticket master sale on the 21st? I get the feeling Orchestra isn't feasible, guess I'll be sitting this tour out.

bobbie solo
I went for Jones Beach. Got a fair looking captcha and got right in. Was too scared to try for four tickets even though that's kinda what I needed. I got 2 in Orchestra A, Row J. I'm pretty happy. Every captcha I tried to enter afterwards when I went in again just to see what tix I could get then, i was not able to enter the captcha correctly.

My wife was using internet service on her flight to Atlanta & snagged 2 for me for the Mansfield show. She had a few captcha problems but eventually got Section 2, Row V. So she was on a plane and had better luck than most. That's ridiculous. My friends all got waiting room, then nothing. I got so, so lucky.

I'm geting tix for PNC Bank Arts Center through my friend's Live Nation contact. So we won't have to go through the ticket buying process at all. Phew. We will pay for the tix, but no drama. They will be decent seats, not great.

Trying for Hollywood Bowl in 2 hours.

Moebius

Did anyone else get 103?

Ticketmaster isn't exactly clear, it doesn't indicate which seating chart. There is a seat section for pit but it shows as "$38.50" and I haven't seen an actual PIT ticket come back.

I'm almost tempted to try a "GA5" ticket from NIN, which is the same price. But I'm sure that's lawn...

ryanj101

Sorry, I didn't think twice about since Soundgarden posted it on their website etc. It wasn't an exclusive pre-sale/members only sorta thing.

mr9inchnail
03-17-2014, 12:19 PM
You're 2 rows behind me, heh. Congrats.

Show off =P LOL
Congrats to you as well =)

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Yikes.. There's like at least 6 different presales. I'll keep trying to see if I can get closer at Jones Beach.

FULLMETAL
03-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Yeah, it seems like the only real benefit of the NIN.com pre-sale is the custom ticket stock. If there's no GA pit, then early entry isn't a big deal.

So, it seems like the Soundgarden pre-sale might be the easier of the two. Especially considering the TicketMaster/LiveNation infrastructure seems to be better than MusicToday so far.

Krazy
03-17-2014, 12:21 PM
You know what would've been nice? If the NIN/SG camps would've hinted as to what this tour is all about- Co-headling, is there a coin flip?, who gets stage time, etc.

And this isn't me complaining, just want to know what it is exactly that I'm buying for Tension-like pricing. Outside of the trailer from a week and ahalf ago there's been no peep from them.

L4YER_CAK3
Managed to snag some tickets for the Chicago show. Section 102, row DD. Took 6 fucking captcha tries!

Failure
Was able to get 2 tickets to the Holmdel show (Section 104, Row T). I was really hoping for section 102 or 103, but there was nothing to be found there. $224.50 seems a bit high, but considering that I dropped $232 for a single the last time NIN played this venue, I can't complain too much..

bobbie solo
03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
I still think this is about trent paying for his screens. I heard they sorta lost money from the tension tour? maybe? Is that nonsense?

I love Trent, I think he has a ton of integrity, I love Soundgarden and I've ever seen them live, but this tour screams moneymaker. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's clearly what's going on. I don't def. know the reasons why he decided to do a big moneymaker tour, but yeah the Tension tour had alot of empty seats, and this one will not.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-17-2014, 12:23 PM
My wife was using internet service on her flight to Atlanta & snagged 2 for me for the Mansfield show. She had a few captcha problems but eventually got Section 2, Row V.
I checked the SG presale for Mansfield an hour after it started, just to see what they had. They were selling seats in Sec 2 row U, which would have been better than what I got. :(

Kylix
03-17-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't know I am getting rows WW and NN, etc. I am thinking to skip Vegas and Colorado, because this doesn't really seem like a presale for fans -- just an early sale of tickets generally available to the public. At least with the pit ones, I can show up at 5am and be close, but now I feel these are no advantage at all.

I've purchased tickets for 4 shows so far.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I love Trent, I think he has a ton of integrity, I love Soundgarden and I've ever seen them live, but this tour screams moneymaker. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's clearly what's going on. I don't def. know the reasons why he decided to do a big moneymaker tour, but yeah the Tension tour had alot of empty seats, and this one will not.
Yeah, this is the "pad your kids trust funds tour"... What evs.. Just wish I coulda got closer.

GulDukat
03-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Mansfield doesn't have a pit--at least I don't think that they do.

I'd prefer a seat anyway. The worst part of standing-only GE is not being able to use the bathroom (unless you're the type that comes and goes 50 times and nudges their way through).

Anomander
03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
This shit is ridiculous

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah, it seems like the only real benefit of the NIN.com pre-sale is the custom ticket stock. If there's no GA pit, then early entry isn't a big deal.

So, it seems like the Soundgarden pre-sale might be the easier of the two. Especially considering the TicketMaster/LiveNation infrastructure seems to be better than MusicToday so far.

Yep. My advice for people whose pre-sales have not gone live yet: have a tab open to the ticketmaster presale, password already entered if it lets you, and one tab open to the calendar for NIN.com

Denim Chicken
03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Well doesn't seem like anyone was getting pit for Tinley so ended up going through Soundgardens and got 102, EE. This sucked.

bobbie solo
03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
. Bro... Spoonman is gonna be so epic..

Yes, sadly that is gonna be what's going on during this tour.

Yogibear303
03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
I've been reading these forums for a long time....I've been seeing NIN shows for OVER 20 years...the first concert I went to was 30 years ago...and I signed up here today just to post that this CAPTCHA bullshit I just experienced was the biggest fucking joke I've ever experienced in my entire concert going life...SERIOUSLY?!?....WTF?

and now I sit sad with no NIN presale tix for the first time....bummer :(

m0reta
03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Powhatan I am so sorry!! Please forgive them for trying to be helpful!! *ugly sobbing* I won't do it ever again!! *grabs you by pants leg* I just couldn't believe Ticketmaster would have the better experience and now I am listening to David Bowie sing 'The Magic Dance' from the 'Labyrinth' soundtrack and I am just so SHOCKED THAT I WANT TO SAY FUCK YOU CAPTCHA NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO I WILL HATE YOU FOREVVVEEERRRRRR!! *pants*

/goes to sleep

I bet all this pit business is because TR/CC said, why do it? People will just stand around filming on their smart-alecky phones. Who tries to sneak on stage these days to give you a purple nurple?!

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
oh man, hollywood bowl will be brutal.

so consensus seems to be TM presale has better stock/value than NIN presale?

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Sorry, I didn't think twice about since Soundgarden posted it on their website etc. It wasn't an exclusive pre-sale/members only sorta thing.

whatever - I am of the mindset that the easier it is to find everywhere - the more people are going to be there competing for tickets - period.

Many people might just see it on ticketmaster but not know the password and ASSUME only those in an email list would have it. I might think that.

Anyway - people here want to argue me making a simple suggestion that would benefit everyone here - so what the f do I care how you all do with your presales?

Jpaulregan
03-17-2014, 12:31 PM
What a horrible fucking experience. Entirely let down :-( Scalpers, here I come ...

tcrash247
03-17-2014, 12:34 PM
well the nin presale was a total disaster.

I finally got tix for Camden in sec 104 off of ticketmaster. Not where I wanted to be, but I felt like if I didn't get them now, everything will be gone by tomorrow.

Theres also early bird deals for lawn seats. $28 bucks. For any other show, I'd def do that.

I also got tickets for Camden but got them from NIN.com. I got Section 202 Row C since it's right in the middle. 104 that came up from Ticketmaster but I prefer middle than closer. 202 is where my seats were for NINJA and it was fantastic.

pwing47
03-17-2014, 12:36 PM

Just got a "Row 3 Pit" ticket to Houston also. See you there! Hopefully others are correct in saying that's actually pit and not a seated area. Would certainly be nice to know ahead of time.

Just once more I have to play this game for Vegas and then hopefully my nauseous feelings will be done too.

Krazy
03-17-2014, 12:37 PM
What a horrible fucking experience. Entirely let down :-( Scalpers, here I come ...

Uhhhhh.... you do know this is a small allotment pre-sale, right? "Regular" sales go on this Friday homie.

camebackhaunted
03-17-2014, 12:37 PM
whatever - I am of the mindset that the easier it is to find everywhere - the more people are going to be there competing for tickets - period. You're right, we should minimise the number of people competing for tickets by killing as many NIN fans as possible, particularly the people who line up early, then there will also be less competition to get a good spot on the rail.

Mr.Metheus
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
I wish they were 100% clear on which tickets, if any, were for pit. I understand the appeal but I'm agoraphobic so I have to stick to seats. I bought what looked like reserved seating and now I'm a little worried that my "row" will actually end up being pit.

Yogibear303
03-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Uhhhhh.... you do know this is a small allotment pre-sale, right? "Regular" sales go on this Friday homie.

Right...thats why I'm not too "end of the world" about all this, I'll probably get something good with the gen public sale...I'm just saying when I had to cycle thru about a dozen CAPTCHA in 2 different price levels...just, WOW...lame.

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 12:44 PM
I wish they were 100% clear on which tickets, if any, were for pit. I understand the appeal but I'm agoraphobic so I have to stick to seats. I bought what looked like reserved seating and now I'm a little worried that my "row" will actually end up being pit.

i'm sure some ETS member would be more than happy to trade with you when the time came...

Right...thats why I'm not too "end of the world" about all this, I'll probably get something good with the gen public sale...I'm just saying when I had to cycle thru about a dozen CAPTCHA in 2 different price levels...just, WOW...lame.

we've all been there ^_^

bobbie solo
03-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I checked the SG presale for Mansfield an hour after it started, just to see what they had. They were selling seats in Sec 2 row U, which would have been better than what I got. :(

ugh, im sorry. Im glad I made out well, but im pissed everyone got screwed. I got screwed with the Tension pre-sale.

Jpaulregan
03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Yes, but I doubt I'll get decent seats through another cluster fuck of a presale. BTW folks, anyone looking to go to Jones Beach can get section A, first four rows directly thru LiveNation right now... For the low-low price of $550/ticket.

Thanks, "Platinum Seats!" :-(

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah, the ticketmaster presale, almost 2 hours later, is still turning up seats a full section to two sections closer than my NIN.com presale was, at the same price. I should have just waited once I saw the venue was seats only.

R-Dot-Yung
03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Yes, but I doubt I'll get decent seats through another cluster fuck of a presale. BTW folks, anyone looking to go to Jones Beach can get section A, first four rows directly thru LiveNation right now... For the low-low price of $550/ticket.

Thanks, "Playinum Seats!" :-(

Yeah like what the fuck is that...I had front row at Jones Beach for NINJA through NIN. I'll pray for the club shows.

Anomander
03-17-2014, 12:51 PM
550 for two tickets that close isn't bad imho

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 12:54 PM
It's $550 EACH (they force you to buy two at that price... can't buy just one $550 ticket)

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 12:54 PM
550 for two tickets that close isn't bad imho

It is when you can usually buy them through pre-sale for $100.

Yogibear303
03-17-2014, 12:57 PM
we've all been there ^_^

Yeah, just no presale for the first time...now I don't feel like part of the gang...: sniff, sniff: LOL

Oh yeah, no pretty ticket stock...AAWWWW CRAP!! (Double bummer!)

Anomander
03-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Read the quantity thing wrong...fuck that

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 12:58 PM
It's $550 EACH (they force you to buy two at that price... can't buy just one $550 ticket)

Might be different for different shows, but Toronto is actually showing $495 row B, $445 row D (of what would be the pit).
So you can save $50. WOO!

jcs420x365
03-17-2014, 12:58 PM
You know what would've been nice? If the NIN/SG camps would've hinted as to what this tour is all about- Co-headling, is there a coin flip?, who gets stage time, etc.

It's a co-headline tour, from how it is notated on the NIN tour page - both bands share equal billing.

Also, frequent concertgoing experience and the ticket time of the Camden show suggest to me the following:

6:00 doors
7:00 opening band - Death Grip? (30 minute set)
8:00 band #1 (probably Soundgarden - 75 minute set)
9:45 band #2 (probably NIN -75 minute set)

This assumes that I am remembering Camden's weeknight curfew time correctly (11:00 p.m.). I assume the schedule will be similar for the other venues.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Might be different for different shows, but Toronto is actually showing $495 row B, $445 row D (of what would be the pit).
So you can save $50. WOO!

If you click the "buy button" you'll see that it charges you $495 per ticket, for a total of $990. It's giving you two seat locations because you'll be forced to buy them both

Edit: Either you edited your post right before I quoted it, or I hallucinated :D

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 01:04 PM
If you click the "buy button" you'll see that it charges you $495 per ticket, for a total of $990. It's giving you two seat locations because you'll be forced to buy them both

Wow, being forced to buy two makes it even more bullshit.
In the past, premium seats were always a thing, but have they ever blocked off the entire front of the venue before?

wch1208
03-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Captcha much better than in the practice rounds. 8th row Red Rocks. I have wanted to see a show there my whole life....worth the drive through Nebraska to get there......

Now to fucking breathe.....

Mr.Metheus
03-17-2014, 01:09 PM
i'm sure some ETS member would be more than happy to trade with you when the time came...

That's true! If it's still unsure by the week of the concert I guess I'll just trade phone numbers with some ETS members who are seated further back :)

fragility3.1
03-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Catching up on all of these posts this morning re: the pre-sale and I'm really nervous now. I'm trying to get tickets to four shows, all of which have to go on sale at noon PST. Why couldn't they spread out the pre-sales over multiple days? Or do a multi-show pass on NIN.com for those of us that want to get tickets for more than one stop on the tour. Get on that Trent, save us diehards from having a stroke/heart attack/gastritis.

ninhead007
03-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Section 2,Row N, Seat 23 for the show at the Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, NM. Would've preferred a show somewhere closer to where I live in MN, but my Dad lives in El Paso and that's 4 hours (give or take) from Albuquerque and since I owed my Dad a visit thought I'd fly down there and see a show at the same time. Way better seating that at Excel Energy Center too, I got absolutely screwed on that show, way right of the stage (stage left), horrible view but good show. Hoping this will be way better, never even been to NM before :)

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Captcha much better than in the practice rounds. 8th row Red Rocks. I have wanted to see a show there my whole life....worth the drive through Nebraska to get there......

Someday I hope to see NIN there, because of how beautiful the venue looks. As a nature person, the idea alone makes me drool.
Enjoy your show!

homphgomph
03-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Had Row 3, then it decided the captcha verification wasn't going to work...ended up with Row 20 but man, what a joke.

Krazy
03-17-2014, 01:14 PM

^^^ Row 13, and RR's is a must. And yeah, heart rate needs to go down a bit right now otherwise I'm not making any of these shows.

What a clusterfuck!!! Got screwed by captha, TM on my PC AND iPad froze for some reason. About 10 minutes in and gave up and decided to use the TM app. Row 13 can't complain, a bit too far off center but whatever.

klyrish
03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Wow. Red Rocks actually has great prices: $112.25 and $86.20...but no tickets were left by the time I was able to get the Captcha to work. :(

Krazy
03-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Wow. Red Rocks actually has great prices: $112.25 and $86.20...but no tickets were left by the time I was able to get the Captcha to work. :(

Check TM-might have some left and don't give up for about 30 minutes.

RJK
03-17-2014, 01:20 PM

Still great tickets from the Soundgarden presale on ticketmaster. MYWAVE is the password.

alphadawg
03-17-2014, 01:21 PM
After almost 30 shows, I am finally going to see them at Red Rocks... Row 11. But took 3 stabs at Captcha. #$%! IT!!!

... and here I was raving at how amazingly smooth the pre-sale ticket purchase, check in and overall experience was on the last tour. This Captcha headache started this off on a bad foot.

wch1208
03-17-2014, 01:22 PM
After several practice rounds......and one live round.....i will share this. If you are not 100% certain on the Captcha....request another. So many people are trying and failing on the first ones if they are hard, it is worth the time to get one you are confident on. If you strike out and are sold out....and try for another tier of tickets, the captcha will stay the same.....

And yes, Sick among the Pure......kick ass hiking and NIN in the mountains......i can feel it already :)

Kyle
03-17-2014, 01:23 PM
I already posted my NIN/Bowie experience, but I also saw Smashing Pumpkins in 2000 in an amphitheater in San Diego. It was all seats with no GA pit. I had third or fourth row from the stage, far right. In reality, nobody in the lower section was anywhere near their seats, the front row was at least three or four people deep and I was one person from the rail dead center.

If you get to a show where there's no pit and the people in the closest section are actually in their seats, start a damn riot, because those people are too old to be front row at a rock concert anyway.

FULLMETAL
03-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Holy cow. Red Rocks has the Platinum Reserved deal:
http://i.imgur.com/e7ZaWKm.png

I didn't get anything through NIN.com as their inventory dried up pretty quick, but scored my tickets through Ticketmaster. I'll likely have an extra single in row 6 towards the center since I pulled a row 4 semi-center shortly after.

Krazy
03-17-2014, 01:24 PM

Yeah, go to TM dude- still available using MYWAVE code.

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 01:25 PM
i'm flabbergasted the way this presale thing is turning out, but much thanks to the eastcoasters sharing their experiences so the westcoasters have better odds.

@wch, great tip.

Anomander
03-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Section 2,Row N, Seat 23 for the show at the Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, NM. Would've preferred a show somewhere closer to where I live in MN, but my Dad lives in El Paso and that's 4 hours (give or take) from Albuquerque and since I owed my Dad a visit thought I'd fly down there and see a show at the same time. Way better seating that at Excel Energy Center too, I got absolutely screwed on that show, way right of the stage (stage left), horrible view but good show. Hoping this will be way better, never even been to NM before :)

See you there. I'm Sec 2 Row N Seat 24

ihatecrayons
03-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Managed to get Section 102 Row F Seat 9 for Tinley when I was trying right at noon earlier somehow, which is apparently the first row right behind the fabled Platinum Seats on Livenation, so while they'll be paying about $425~ per ticket not including fees in the row directly in front of me, I'll have paid $112. The platinum seats are bullshit though, aren't the NIN presales supposed to have the "best" tickets available? I'm just happy to have a good ticket at this point, but damn.

camebackhaunted
03-17-2014, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't mind if the nin.com presale just said $600 Front Row Center, $500 Front Row, $400 Second Row, etc, but it's pretty fucked up that the best tickets are no longer even offered through the "Fan Club".

Oh, you're a fan? Here, have some shitty seats. No refunds. Thanks for being a fan!

Benefit comparison

GA
Seats

Ticket number doesn't matter
Internet speed doesn't matter
Line ride for best position, with risk of line-cutting
Sleeping in line to see shows on consecutive nights
The best positions cannot be reserved
Stress occurs when lining up
Being close to the front risks bruises, elbows, etc
If there is someone tall in front of you, you can move
If the person beside you stinks, you can move
Mosh pit, energy, "the push"
Sitting on the floor during the breaks, standing during the concert
Leaving for bathroom/beer is risky at best
Once inside, your ticket buddy can go where-ever

Ticket number is important
Faster internet = better seat
No need to line up, line cutting irrelevant
No rush between consecutive shows
The best positions are sold for higher price
Stress occurs when buying ticket
Being close to the front is safe
If there is someone tall in front of you, you're fucked
If the person beside you stinks, you're fucked
Rows of chairs separating everyone.
Sitting in a seat during the breaks, standing during the concert
Bathroom/beer at any point during the concert
Once inside, your ticket buddy is beside you all night

Are there any other benefits to seats that I'm missing? Sitting for NINJA sucked.

I'm trying to look on the bright side, but it's not really happening, as I personally don't care about any of the seating "benefits".

imail724
03-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Anyone know what the Facebook presale or live Nation presale entails? Will they require passwords?

GetReady
03-17-2014, 01:33 PM
LiveNation in Atlanta now has the "pick your seats" option available. Lots of good seats still available. The 101 section, which is always the Pit, is showing seats. I'm still skeptical that will be seats though....

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 01:39 PM
I keep doing the Captcha thing on another city - over and over - just to test. More times than not - I cant even read all the letters - not even in the slightest - and of the times I CAN - I still get it wrong sometimes.
Its the hardest one Ive ever seen.

Seriously - who designs this crap? Do they have their head up their rear?

Yoshata
03-17-2014, 01:48 PM
I cannot find where the heck the Soundgarden presale is supposed to happen. Checking LiveNation and Ticketmaster. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 01:50 PM
they are all on ticketmaster or livenation - depending on who owns the venue.

Yoshata
03-17-2014, 01:51 PM
^^
Thanks! :)

Krazy
03-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Also shouldn't matter- they're listed on both sites and you'll get re-directed by clicking the link.

FULLMETAL
03-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Be careful with the captcha. If you fail too many times, it makes you close your browser and start all over again.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Captcha thing has vanished on previously started presales. Did they finally realize it was too much headache for too little gain?
Do bots have NIN.com accounts and get into the presale links?

Anomander
03-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Prepare for Jimmies to get rustled for Hollywood Bowl...

Krazy
03-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Be careful with the captcha. If you fail too many times, it makes you close your browser and start all over again.

Not even sure why people are bothering with that at this point. Much easier to deal with TM and SG's code, and tix were readily available and easy to get. (probably still are)

::crosses fingers that I didn't just jinx myself vor LV::

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 01:58 PM
gl Los Angeles...

Yogibear303
03-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Ok...it's all about the sound garden presale, I just scored Austin seats EXACTLY where I wanted, center 8 rows back from the pit. Actually...the first pair of tix I pulled were In the pit. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be thanking soundgarden. Oh and my friend just got top level tix for red rocks thru SG

spiral94
03-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Managed to get Section 102 Row F Seat 9 for Tinley when I was trying right at noon earlier somehow, which is apparently the first row right behind the fabled Platinum Seats on Livenation, so while they'll be paying about $425~ per ticket not including fees in the row directly in front of me, I'll have paid $112. The platinum seats are bullshit though, aren't the NIN presales supposed to have the "best" tickets available? I'm just happy to have a good ticket at this point, but damn.

I was able to get Section 103, Row B through the presale - not Platinum Seats - for $112.

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 02:03 PM
hollywood bowl:

w00t, scored 8th row j2 from NIN presale. Struck out @ TM.

virushopper
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Not sure where I am sitting but Vegas, Irvine and Hollywood here I come!

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 02:08 PM
las vegas:

also got in for vegas, sec 204 or something. also via nin presale, struck out @ TM.

keep trying people...

damn I did some damage to my bank account today.

Brokenfern
03-17-2014, 02:09 PM
HOLLYWOOD BOWL!!! Scored 2 TERRENCE tickets!!

pwing47
03-17-2014, 02:09 PM
According to TM Platinum sets, $750 for the first few rows in Vegas. Yikes.

Has anyone been able to get better than section 20X tickets for Vegas?

Krazy
03-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Used TM for Vegas. Did NIN.com's get rid of captcha?...

Yoshata
03-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Yep, Captcha was not there for me. I couldn't get ANYTHING at first, started trying the ticket options again from the best first, and got Section 207, Row G seats, was able to check out with NO Captcha.

Why wasn't there a Captcha? I know it's been hell for everyone, but now I'm not sure how scalpers weren't able to take advantage of the system. I was able to grab the first set of tickets I could (after some "not enough tickets" messages), and check straight out, no issues.

virushopper
03-17-2014, 02:20 PM
las vegas:

also got in for vegas, sec 204 or something. also via nin presale, struck out @ TM.

I was just in that section for Tool this past Saturday. It isn't that bad of a section.

thom25
03-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know the seating chart for the Hollywood bowl - because I can't find my seats on the chart

NIN (will call/immediate entry only) Reserved P1 All Ages
Sec POOL D, Row 4, Seats ( 5 - 6 )

suprefan
03-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Pool Circle for Hollywood. SWAG

Krazy
03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Yep, Captcha was not there for me. I couldn't get ANYTHING at first, started trying the ticket options again from the best first, and got Section 207, Row G seats, was able to check out with NO Captcha.

Why wasn't there a Captcha? I know it's been hell for everyone, but now I'm not sure how scalpers weren't able to take advantage of the system. I was able to grab the first set of tickets I could (after some "not enough tickets" messages), and check straight out, no issues.

I'm a few rows above you. Even if scalpers/robots tried NIN still has that strict "get your fucking ass in the venue" rule.

Does anyone know the seating chart for the Hollywood bowl - because I can't find my seats on the chart

NIN (will call/immediate entry only) Reserved P1 All Ages
Sec POOL D, Row 4, Seats ( 5 - 6 )

EDIT: this probably didn't answer your question. Can see why you're confused, lol...

http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/la2/23539s.gif

Callahan
03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Fuck yeah, got Pre-sale for 3 shows!

Vegas - GC Row D
Irvine - LOGE 5 Row FF (P2 tickets on this one)
Hollywood - TERR 6 Row 1164 (weird numbering!)

SO fucking stoked!! looks like I have to start planning some flights now. REALLY hoping the Hollywood show will rival the final show of the Wave Goodbye tour, would love to experience something like that.

halo eighteen
03-17-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm a few rows above you. Even if scalpers/robots tried NIN still has that strict "get your fucking ass in the venue" rule.

Yup, even if I wanted to hand off my tickets at the Palace show last year (I didn't), there's no way. I had to show the email in one line for me and my guest to get a wristband on, then another line to get the actual tickets and from there it was like STRAIGHT inside. They're not messing around when it says immediate entry. Any scalper tries any funny business and the tickets would just be lost entirely.

pwing47
03-17-2014, 02:28 PM
OK, so I somehow got "Section GC, row E, seat 16" for Vegas (highest price tier) after trying for a little while. It says it's Gold Circle, but I have no idea where it is based on the seating chart.

pwing47
03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Vegas - GC Row D

Very nice, looks like I'm a row behind you. Any idea on how the GC is laid out? I can't tell much based on the TM map, but maybe there's a better version that I'm not seeing.

Krazy
03-17-2014, 02:30 PM
OK, so I somehow got "Section GC, row E, seat 16" for Vegas (highest price tier) after trying for a little while. It says it's Gold Circle, but I have no idea where it is based on the seating chart.

Congrats, you got some awesome small pit right in front tix

Anomander
03-17-2014, 02:32 PM
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating-chart#

At first I was bummed about no GA formy venues, oh well.
Scored
Alb- Sec 2 Row N
Chula- Sec 102 Row p
Bowl- Terr 6 Row 1461

I was debating whether or not to actually hit the submit button for the Bowl, but said fuck it, it might be an awesome show.

ILoveFestivals
03-17-2014, 02:32 PM
So I guess all tickets in the first few rows for this tour were blocked, so they could be sold as platinum seats on TicketBastard?

LOVEANDZOMBIES
03-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Ticketmaster PASS : MYWAVE

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Yes, sadly that is gonna be what's going on during this tour. it will achieve ultimate bro-gasm if Closer is brought back into the setlist..

pinata89
03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Got two reasonably priced tix for Tinley Park, IL. Center, 2 rows from pit. Pretty pumped!

thatguymark
03-17-2014, 02:38 PM

I'm sure that if your receipt shows "Reserved" and has a row and seat number that you have a reserved seat. Even in the past, when I've been to a show that was GA that had a seat number on the ticket, it was sold as GA and there was never any indication up front that it was anything other than GA. Plus, if you look at the venue maps over at ticketmaster, they're showing no pit. I've seen shows at Lakewood from the pit before, but the map up there for this show clearly shows individual seats from the stage to the beginning of the lawn.

m15a
03-17-2014, 02:42 PM
So are there any other shows with GA besides Camden?

I wouldn't mind if the nin.com presale just said $600 Front Row Center, $500 Front Row, $400 Second Row, etc, but it's pretty fucked up that the best tickets are no longer even offered through the "Fan Club".

There is no official NIN fan club anymore. These are just presale tickets sold through the official website.

Sorry you were forced to buy tickets you didn't want or whatever happened.

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 02:44 PM
wow some of you guys scored some fucking awesome hollywood bowl tickets...

virushopper
03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Vegas: Sec 204
Irvine: Sec LOGE 6
Hollywood Bowl: Sec J2

I'm happy where I am.

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Vegas: Sec 204
Irvine: Sec LOGE 6
Hollywood Bowl: Sec J2

I'm happy where I am.

haha we're sitting in the same sections

</creepystalker>

Melissa A. Veal
I'm surprised more of you are not pissed off. First of all, Yes, I'm grateful I got a ticket and I'm going. I'm not placing blame on anyone whether it be Trent & Camp or Live Nation/ Ticketmaster, but I think that is is bull shit that the first couple of rows are blocked to get those to pay redic prices like a damn scalper. I thought the pre-sale was for the fans??? According to Trent, the pre-sale was "to allow fans to get the chance to get the best seats." bullshit. Trent has never pulled this bullshit before so I'm hoping it isn't him. If it is, I think I would totally loose respect for him. I'm grateful for all the things he has done in the past. Let's hope this is all Livenation bullshit. I wish he would say something about this shit. I'm not just a pissed off fan just because I didn't get the first couple of rows, but it is the whole premise I'm pissed off about.
First NIN in seats side stage and I payed what I would pay if I got pit, FUCK YEAH! I hope I can see the band! I was going to 2 shows this tour, but will probably be only 1 cause of all this. It shouldn't be called NINgarden tour 2014, it should be "Fuck our fans, I want your money tour"

Scarlet Siren
I can't be fucked with all of this. Not flying over.

Take those 2nd/3rd level seats and RAM IT!

/end tantrum

fragility3.1
03-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Scored NIN Pre-sale for Chula Vista and Irvine. Ticketmaster for Hollywood Bowl. Decided to skip Vegas this time around.

Chula: RORCH, Row C, Seat 4
Irvine: ORCH P, Row 3, Seat 87
Hollywood: Garden1, Row 611, Seat 2 (I have no idea what this nonsense means)

virushopper
03-17-2014, 02:50 PM
haha we're sitting in the same sections

</creepystalker>
Beers on you man!

TheRealNs1
03-17-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm surprised more of you are not pissed off. First of all, Yes, I'm grateful I got a ticket and I'm going. I'm not placing blame on anyone whether it be Trent & Camp or Live Nation/ Ticketmaster, but I think that is is bull shit that the first couple of rows are blocked to get those to pay redic prices like a damn scalper. I thought the pre-sale was for the fans??? According to Trent, the pre-sale was "to allow fans to get the chance to get the best seats." bullshit. Trent has never pulled this bullshit before so I'm hoping it isn't him. If it is, I think I would totally loose respect for him. I'm grateful for all the things he has done in the past. Let's hope this is all Livenation bullshit. I wish he would say something about this shit. I'm not just a pissed off fan just because I didn't get the first couple of rows, but it is the whole premise I'm pissed off about.
First NIN in seats side stage and I payed what I would pay if I got pit, FUCK YEAH! I hope I can see the band! I was going to 2 shows this tour, but will probably be only 1 cause of all this. It shouldn't be called NINgarden tour 2014, it should be "Fuck our fans, I want your money tour"

#firstworldproblems

Callahan
03-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Very nice, looks like I'm a row behind you. Any idea on how the GC is laid out? I can't tell much based on the TM map, but maybe there's a better version that I'm not seeing.

I think we got pretty lucky, and got the killer seats for this Venue. Here's a better picture.

http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/nev/53162s.gif

We are in the Gold Circle, right in front of the stage.

thatguymark
03-17-2014, 02:53 PM
So I guess all tickets in the first few rows for this tour were blocked, so they could be sold as platinum seats on TicketBastard?

Definitely not. My ticket is 1st row. Sec 101, Row A, Seat 3 at Lakewood Amphitheatre. There were definitely prime tickets available through the nin.com sale, but maybe not as many as prior tours. It does look like I'm one of the lucky few around these parts. I've never had front row at a NIN show before, so I'm looking at this as pretty much a once in a lifetime get for me.

FULLMETAL
03-17-2014, 02:54 PM
It's possible this tour was booked under the new management and the LiveNation Platinum bullshit just may be part of the promoter's deal and not worth the headache to negotiate (especially if NIN is trying to recoup from tension's investment). It sucks that a large allotment of the great seats (ugh, seats) weren't part of the fan club pre-sales, but that seems to be part and parcel with this sort of touring cycle.

On a different note, I have an extra seat at Red Rocks 6th row center-ish & want to trade for Hollywood Bowl or Las Vegas. PM me with offers.

Charmingly Miserable
03-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Man, the last hour was very stressful for me!

Irvine:
Loge 5 Row MM Seat 520

Hollywood:
Terrace 6 Row 1464 Seat 5

m15a
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised more of you are not pissed off. First of all, Yes, I'm grateful I got a ticket and I'm going. I'm not placing blame on anyone whether it be Trent & Camp or Live Nation/ Ticketmaster, but I think that is is bull shit that the first couple of rows are blocked to get those to pay redic prices like a damn scalper.

Just to explain why some people are not pissed off: I'm not sure whether this is the first time there were those super VIP tickets for NIN, but that's not at all uncommon these days, so seeing that happen here is not so shocking. Also, presale tickets haven't been only the best seats, at least for the last few tours. I was very lucky this time around, but I came in thinking that if I didn't get great tickets, I'd just pass it up. So if I did only see bad seats, it honestly wouldn't be a big deal for me. Personally, I saw the Tension tour, so I didn't feel like I necessarily *had* to go to this tour. Also, I don't think those farther back seats are necessarily bad. Sometimes you have an easier time seeing and potentially way better sound.

I'm actually surprised that people that have been to a lot of shows are this shocked. I've had a lot of bad ticket purchasing experiences, and I don't even go to that many shows.

fragility3.1
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Btw, can we start officially calling this tour the "Garden of Nails" tour?

suprefan
03-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Here is a seating chart for pool circle of hollywood bowl.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/poolchart.jpg

and of the garden/ terrace boxes. Ignore this pool circle set up, thats not how its set up for this show

http://khype.com/2010_HOLLYWOOD_BOWL/hb2010_pool_garden_terrace_02.jpg

Kyle
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
it will achieve ultimate bro-gasm if Closer is brought back into the setlist..

That fuck you like an animal song rocks, bro. Hold my brewski for me while I mosh.

Hopefully this is just the cash grab and when it's done, we get a wave goodbye type short tour of small venues for the fans before he disappears for a few years.

Callahan
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I didn't even realize LiveNation was putting on these "Platinum" deals, I was just paying attention to the nin.com presale. Is there any benefit to these Platinum deals?? the prices looks ridiculous, and just seem like scalper prices with no additional benefits.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Scored NIN Pre-sale for Chula Vista and Irvine. Ticketmaster for Hollywood Bowl. Decided to skip Vegas this time around.

Chula: RORCH, Row C, Seat 4
Irvine: ORCH P, Row 3, Seat 87
Hollywood: Garden1, Row 611, Seat 2 (I have no idea what this nonsense means)

your Bowl seats are way off to the side but Garden are the best box seats behind the "pool".
good seats in other words.

Charmingly Miserable
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I think they are still releasing tix. I can get a better ticket now with the Soundgarden pass than the ticket I got through NIN.

Also, I wonder if general sale will not be will call tix.

AyannaD
03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
You tried. You gave up.

Ha. Almost.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
I think they are still releasing tix. I can get a better ticket now with the Soundgarden pass than the ticket I got through NIN.

Also, I wonder if general sale will not be will call tix.

I just got locked out of ticketmaster alltogether. Anyone else see that or did I do something they didnt like? I was just looking for bowl seats.
I got 2 terrace box from the NIN.com and 2 from the Soundgarden presale for my friends - but was hoping to get them closer together.

Charmingly Miserable
03-17-2014, 03:12 PM
I just got locked out of ticketmaster alltogether. Anyone else see that or did I do something they didnt like? I was just looking for bowl seats.
I got 2 terrace box from the NIN.com and 2 from the Soundgarden presale for my friends - but was hoping to get them closer together.
Idk but try going on the Bowl website? I'm on the Verizon Amphlitheater website for Irvine and I can get tickets through them (I'm not going to).

ILoveFestivals
03-17-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm disappointed that the majority of the shows are not GA pits.
It will still be amazing!
NIN + Soundgarden + Death Grips = mind blown!
Bring on the summer!

Charmingly Miserable
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating-chart#

Bowl- Terr 6 Row 1461

Ha! I'm three rows behind you!

howdidislipinto
03-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Terrace 3 at Hollywood Bowl. Had to go through Soundgarden's presale, no luck with NIN.com for the first time ever. The experience kind of matches my mixed feelings about the tour to begin with -- and the torturous experience that will be sitting through Soundgarden -- at this point I honestly hope they close so we can just take off.

Originally intended to try for Vegas and Irvine, but the combination of the prices, shitty co-headlining, and presale experience have left me satisfied with just paying for the one show.

I look forward to spending that money at my first Star Trek convention instead! /nerd

camebackhaunted
03-17-2014, 03:21 PM
There is no official NIN fan club anymore.
http://nin.tix.musictoday.com/calendar.aspx - maybe I need glasses, can you tell me what it says in the top right corner?

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Idk but try going on the Bowl website? I'm on the Verizon Amphlitheater website for Irvine and I can get tickets through them (I'm not going to).

nah it doesnt work - no link till friday. Im totally locked out of ticketmaster - but can get it on my phone. weird. I only bought 2 soundgarden presale - was looking for 2 more good ones.

Well at least my phone app still works

Madmya
03-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Terrace 3 at Hollywood Bowl. Had to go through Soundgarden's presale, no luck with NIN.com for the first time ever. The experience kind of matches my mixed feelings about the tour to begin with -- and the torturous experience that will be sitting through Soundgarden -- at this point I honestly hope they close so we can just take off.

Originally intended to try for Vegas and Irvine, but the combination of the prices, shitty co-headlining, and presale experience have left me satisfied with just paying for the one show.

I look forward to spending that money at my first Star Trek convention instead! /nerd

Fuck I hope Soundgarden open just to spite you.

howdidislipinto
03-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Fuck I hope Soundgarden open just to spite you.

I mean, they're gonna, whether to spite me or not. You win.

(Fans of good music lose.)

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Did anyone happen to get into boxes 1121, 1422, or 1561?

(Im off of here now but will check later)

Madmya
03-17-2014, 03:37 PM
I mean, they're gonna, whether to spite me or not. You win.

(Fans of good music lose.)

Every gig has an opener, complaining that it's Soundgarden of all bands is pretty petulant.

Sugarplum
03-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I've never been to Shoreline, but I got 2 tickets in Section 103, Row A. I'm quite happy with this! I also like having a seat...GA was fine 10 years ago and I still do GA sometimes, but dang, it's nice having your own little spot sometimes!

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 03:49 PM
lost the quote here but someone here called me a selfish prick for suggesting that people shouldnt post passwords on public forums.
(by the way - the scalpers must love you for making their job SO much easier to find passwords for pre-sales by just using google)

my response:

what? Are you kidding me? Im not being a selfish prick - - most people on public boards usually PM the passwords that are given through other means - so the WHOLE general public doesnt see it - as its VERY EASY for EVERYONE to not sign up anywhere and just search google and get a forum post with a password in it for a result if people post them.

I would have PM'd anyone here the password if they had asked (in fact I did).

You are the prick who isnt thinking about what you are saying. The whole POINT of my comment was to HELP all of your chances - YOUR meaning the people posting here - not the whole entire lazy general public who didnt sign up for anything and just does a simple google search. What the F is the point of a pass-worded presale then - by your logic? I was TRYING to give a tip to help you all. But as I said before - wht the hell should I care when you people just argue when I am TRYING to help ALL your chances.

Selfish? haha really? By your logic - why dont they just post it on the ticketmaster site then? or just not have a password at all?

One would think with all the bitching here about how much presales suck, you would be a little smarter than to see me as selfish when I am trying to help you to have a more successful pre-sale. WHAT IS THE POINT OF A PRESALE otherwise if there is not SOME catch to have to do some work to get into it?
- i.e. the more dedicated FANS who do a little work to sign up here or there or look here or there - and THEN not EVERYONE in the f-ing world that can just use google (scalpers included) will be competing with you all.

Some of you are really dense.

howdidislipinto
03-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Every gig has an opener, complaining that it's Soundgarden of all bands is pretty petulant.

This isn't an opener, this is a co-headliner. Not to mention, Trent has as a pretty superb record of choosing great openers -- at the very least they've been interesting/unique, even if not to everyone's taste. Soundgarden are a completely irrelevant nostalgia band with nothing new to offer -- reunited solely because the lead singer's desperate attempts at solo popularity never panned out. YAY!

howdidislipinto
03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
lots of stuff

This is ETS. We help each other. Whether it's finding the best way to view a concert stream or finding tickets or tracking down rare memorabilia.

Never change, ETS.

GetReady
03-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Definitely not. My ticket is 1st row. Sec 101, Row A, Seat 3 at Lakewood Amphitheatre. There were definitely prime tickets available through the nin.com sale, but maybe not as many as prior tours. It does look like I'm one of the lucky few around these parts. I've never had front row at a NIN show before, so I'm looking at this as pretty much a once in a lifetime get for me.
That's awesome. I was 202 Row DD, which is the front of the second section behind the "club" seats. I was pleased because I thought the 100's would be pit like last time. Ah well, I'll still have no one right in front of me, but will still be 50 yards behind you. Enjoy! :)

Krazy
03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
lost the quote here but someone here called me a selfish prick for suggesting that people shouldnt post passwords on public forums.
(by the way - the scalpers must love you for making their job SO much easier to find passwords for pre-sales by just using google)

my response:

what? Are you kidding me? Im not being a selfish prick - - most people on public boards usually PM the passwords that are given through other means - so the WHOLE general public doesnt see it - as its VERY EASY for EVERYONE to not sign up anywhere and just search google and get a forum post with a password in it for a result if people post them.

I would have PM'd anyone here the password if they had asked (in fact I did).

You are the prick who isnt thinking about what you are saying. The whole POINT of my comment was to HELP all of your chances - YOUR meaning the people posting here - not the whole entire lazy general public who didnt sign up for anything and just does a simple google search. What the F is the point of a pass-worded presale then - by your logic? I was TRYING to give a tip to help you all. But as I said before - wht the hell should I care when you people just argue when I am TRYING to help ALL your chances.

Selfish? haha really? By your logic - why dont they just post it on the ticketmaster site then? or just not have a password at all?

One would think with all the bitching here about how much presales suck, you would be a little smarter than to see me as selfish when I am trying to help you to have a more successful pre-sale. WHAT IS THE POINT OF A PRESALE otherwise if there is not SOME catch to have to do some work to get into it?
- i.e. the more dedicated FANS who do a little work to sign up here or there or look here or there - and THEN not EVERYONE in the f-ing world that can just use google (scalpers included) will be competing with you all.

Some of you are really dense.

It is right on SG's tour page! Don't blame people here for it...

http://soundgardenworld.com/soundgarden-nine-inch-nails/

Just for the hell of it I Googled "soundgarden presale tour passord". ETS isn't even on the front page, may want to blame Stereogum for "helping the scalpers" and leaking it out yesterday...

https://www.google.com/#q=soundgarden+tour+presale+password

sweetcompanion
03-17-2014, 04:07 PM
The captcha thing isn't working well - I know I'm typing in the right letters and it keeps saying wrong, and then it made me start over.

This happened to me as well. I gave up and went through the Soundgarden presale and got two tickets for Red Rocks. I was glad I had the day off, because my co-workers would have heard lots of nastiness coming from my mouth. I'd never had a problem getting presale before with nin.com. It was weird.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Every single listing I've seen of dates has included a presale password and/or notification that NIN.com membership is free and they have a presale. All the way down to random sites like philly.com. I don't understand how someone can know of the show and not at least one way of getting presale tickets. I'm not accusing you of being a selfish prick, just a dumbass.

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 04:09 PM
For the 2 shows confirmed not to have Death Grips, I wonder what is planned? No opener, different opener, longer sets? I know if it's a sudden "opener didn't make it, so nothing happening tonight!" situation, that's different, but they know months ahead they won't be there.

halo eighteen
03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Death Grips don't exactly have a good track record of being faithful to their tour itineraries or festival responsibilities, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them miss the first show and just get kicked off the tour anyway.

implanted_microchip
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
So hypothetically of DG end up getting kicked from opening, what happens? Do they get a new opener at last minute or play longer sets, or is there just no opener? Has that ever happened before?

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
This is ETS. We help each other. Whether it's finding the best way to view a concert stream or finding tickets or tracking down rare memorabilia.

Never change, ETS.

way to miss the point. I (and anyone here) would have given it to anyone here via PM if they asked on the forum.

By posting it on public forums, You are also helping the brokers/scalpers in the process.

I see no one answered my question as to what is the point of a password presale then in the first place if the password is accessible to ALL easily everywhere.

Pointing out any other site also has it posted publicly doesnt really help your argument. The "but THEY DID IT TOO!" is a childish argument.

Not that Im surprised.

Hey, I just got the email for the KROQ password for the bowl as I was writing this.

better get the password up here people. Scalpers large and small are going to want snatch those tickets up.
I got the tix I needed.

I got the tickets I wanted.

implanted_microchip
03-17-2014, 04:45 PM
way to miss the point. I (and anyone here) would have given it to anyone here via PM if they asked on the forum.

By posting it on public forums, You are also helping the brokers/scalpers in the process.

I see no one answered my question as to what is the point of a password presale then in the first place if the password is accessible to ALL easily everywhere.

Pointing out any other site also has it posted publicly doesnt really help your argument. The "but THEY DID IT TOO!" is a childish argument.

Not that Im surprised.

Hey, I just got the email for the KROQ password for the bowl as I was writing this.

better get the password up here people. Scalpers large and small are going to want snatch those tickets up.
I got the tix I needed.

There's a big difference between something sent in an email and something posted on facebook and official websites. Get the stick out of your ass, no one's getting harmed.

suprefan
03-17-2014, 04:46 PM

Not that Im surprised.

I got the tix I needed.

You know all those brokers and scalpers are on the email lists of every band imaginible, and dont need to scour band forums for supposed "secret" passwords? You get that theyre called
professionals for a reason? They spend as much time on every ticketing website as you do on here discussing NIN. They know the system blinfolded. Theyre more prepared to the majority of concert goers and you see their results. so stop trying to act like the patron ticketing saint, hell bent on a mission to "protect" something which isnt protected at all. Also, all the broker sites who had ticket over the weekend? Theyre putting up the seats they pay for every year as a season seat buyer. They had dibs before the public, thats how it works.

and in regards to the premium seating for hollywood. Itll come up as an auction later on in the year. It would explain how nobody got anything in the middle and up front.

howdidislipinto
03-17-2014, 04:53 PM
more stuff

Your hypothetical about it helping scalpers is moot. The fact is, plenty of FANS here got tickets after NIN.com didn't work out because others posted helpful information. Including me. Therefore it's a good thing, no matter what imaginary assholes you imagine are preying here. You're the one brushing aside facts -- like it being publicly available, google-able, and ETS not even being on the front page of results. No one is missing your point, 'cause you aren't actually making one.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
For the 2 shows confirmed not to have Death Grips, I wonder what is planned? No opener, different opener, longer sets? I know if it's a sudden "opener didn't make it, so nothing happening tonight!" situation, that's different, but they know months ahead they won't be there.
Which ones are those?

billpulsipher
03-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Kiss and Def Leppard just announced a summer tour, so believe it or not, there is actually older/more washed up bands than Soundgarden touring this summer..Shocked Trent didn't ring up Def Leppard since he's so into rock and roll bands these days

GulDukat
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Kiss and Def Leppard just announced a summer tour, so believe it or not, there is actually older/more washed up bands than Soundgarden touring this summer..Shocked Trent didn't ring up Def Leppard since he's so into rock and roll bands these days
I know that you are just looking for attention, and I don't want to pick a fight, but please, stop posting crap like this. You don't like Soundgarden, we get it.

ETA--I wouldn't actually mind seeing NIN tour with KISS. KISS fucking rocks and puts on a good show. Def Leppard and NIN? And odd match to be sure but I'd go and enjoy myself.

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Just to explain why some people are not pissed off: I'm not sure whether this is the first time there were those super VIP tickets for NIN, but that's not at all uncommon these days, so seeing that happen here is not so shocking. Also, presale tickets haven't been only the best seats, at least for the last few tours. I was very lucky this time around, but I came in thinking that if I didn't get great tickets, I'd just pass it up. So if I did only see bad seats, it honestly wouldn't be a big deal for me. Personally, I saw the Tension tour, so I didn't feel like I necessarily *had* to go to this tour. Also, I don't think those farther back seats are necessarily bad. Sometimes you have an easier time seeing and potentially way better sound.

I'm actually surprised that people that have been to a lot of shows are this shocked. I've had a lot of bad ticket purchasing experiences, and I don't even go to that many shows.

I know multiple people who got tickets for every single Wave Goodbye club date, and they pulled up jack for these shows. It doesn't seem an uncommon event today for people who are quite experienced with NIN presales. I'd say that's a big deal.

Anomander
03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Maybe it's because a lot of people actually want to see soundgarden...

halo33
03-17-2014, 05:37 PM
I know multiple people who got tickets for every single Wave Goodbye club date, and they pulled up jack for these shows. It doesn't seem an uncommon event today for people who are quite experienced with NIN presales. I'd say that's a big deal.

I, being one of those people you speak of, can attest to that statement.
My issue was mainly with those captchas (which I hear were removed from the later onsales?!)
It kept saying I was wrong (yes I know its case sensitive)

Eventually my persistence paid off, and I got tix for everything I was looking for. Not the best seats. Certainly not the worst. But it was definitely frustrating. (But I guess still better than waiting in line at Tower Records like the old days.)

Krazy
03-17-2014, 05:38 PM

Oh, hi there sunshine!!

Seriously though- you going to any of these shows or boycotting because of SG??

jessamineny
03-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's because a lot of people actually want to see soundgarden...

You obviously didn't have to buy tickets during the first two timezones, when there were Captchas from hell and tons of people were "testing" the system for the Western shows. (And Soundgarden fans would have done the Ticketmaster presale in any case.)

howdidislipinto
03-17-2014, 05:59 PM

Same boat here. I got three of the four LA Wave Goodbye shows. This was definitely different. Not complaining, doesn't seem like it was NIN.com's fault (other than the shitty captchas), just a totally different style of tour management/sales? Just like picking Soundgarden shows a totally different style of band curation from Trent.

(I liked one of billpulsipher's posts. I don't even know what's happening anymore. Soundgarden has shattered my world.)

m15a
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM

The nin.com presale situation was definitely pretty awful, but missing out on the presale isn't the same as missing out on the concert. There is still the regular sale and are/were other presales. I'm not saying anyone's wrong for being disappointed, but I think there are still reasons to be optimistic. If it's anything like the Tension tour, there will even be reasonably priced tickets the day of a lot of the concerts. Of course, the situation could be totally different this time, but there's no reason to just assume it's going to be awful already.

It sounds like one of the issues that is stressing people out is the lack of GA floor, though. In a regular arena concert, there are a ton of GA tickets. They're not very exclusive, but they still feel (for many people) like the best tickets (even though in reality only a small fraction of those people will get rail). For these non-GA shows, every missed opportunity feels like a loss in value - like you have a way of measuring how good your seat is based on how far it's back. But, really, that doesn't translate to how good your experience is going to be. At least for me, being stressed out about tickets and whether I got a good deal is always much worse than actually getting a technically bad seat.

gorny540
03-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Hardest Captchas ever!!! Glad I'm not the only one who had trouble, I was questioning my knowledge of the alphabet for a while. After I don't know 15 tries I finally go tix, but I didn't think they were worth the highest price point as they were 20 rows back and off to the side. Will be going for tix for the Jones Beach and NJ show on Friday, should be fun.

cahernandez
03-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I feel like the only persons who have a right to complain in this board are the users from Ukraine, Russia and Hungary, who got their dates cancelled. Specially Ukraine and Hungary. Homeboys have been waiting for the longest time to see NIN in their homeland. Americans have got it easy in terms of watching shows...two tours in two years. Multiple presales (Soundgarden + NIN's) + the general sale. States with multiple shows. Being a NIN fan in the US is a piece of cake. I honestly think there's something wrong with this country. I remember that the last time this issue came up some other board member brought up the fact that the US is a big country, and I understand that, but I will still say it's a piece of cake to be a NIN fan in the US due to the things I mentioned above. By and large this country gets the best when it comes to NIN: excellent produced shows (LITS, Tension, With Teeth Live) and you guys have also witnessed the varied setlists (NINJA) plus the Wave Goodbye shows.

I currently live in the Pacific North West, but did not grow up in this country. As an outsider, I can tell you there's a phenomenon here (at least in the PNW) of people not being happy with what they have. Several of my coworkers like to bitch and moan about everything, and these people I talk about have a good paying job, wonderful partners, a roof over their heads, excellent health conditions, and food on their plates every day. I don't get it. I see that reflected in this board an awful lot of times.

With this being said, I got two tickets for the Houston date through NIN's presale, section 103, row X. I put the tickets under my brother's name because right now I'm in the process of looking for a different job and that may be somewhere else, maybe in a different country, by the time August comes around. It'd suck to miss the show but it's not the end of the world. I've seen Soundgarden and NIN already, there are other things in life. On the other hand, if I see NIN + Soundgarden in one night, I think I'd kick the bucket right there and then. It'd be too much awesome for me to watch.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 06:26 PM
I think people in the Ukraine have bigger problems right now. Perspective.

cahernandez
03-17-2014, 06:34 PM
I think people in the Ukraine have bigger problems right now. Perspective.

Yeah, that's a little obvious, but still. I believe they never got official word on why the shows were cancelled.

Powhatan
03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Your hypothetical about it helping scalpers is moot. The fact is, plenty of FANS here got tickets after NIN.com didn't work out because others posted helpful information. Including me. Therefore it's a good thing, no matter what imaginary assholes you imagine are preying here. You're the one brushing aside facts -- like it being publicly available, google-able, and ETS not even being on the front page of results. No one is missing your point, 'cause you aren't actually making one.

wow - you sure told me. What was I thinking trying to share the simple idea of keeping a password pre-sale in the hands of the fans rather than every joe who wants to buy to resell for higher on Stubhub. Cause that rarely ever happens. Just my imagination. Got it. I dont know what I was thinking.

Thanks for the head clearing everyone. You've really done a service to the ETS board putting me in my place when I tried to state a positive suggestion to benefit everyone.

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled program of listing the ways Trent and Company F's you all with everything that happens in NIN world that you didnt personally approve of first. Sorry for the interruption.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that's a little obvious, but still. I believe they never got official word on why the shows were cancelled.

When was it? I would assume it was safety reasons but I don't know if it was before the unrest ramped up or not.

Also as someone who was born in this country I still agree completely with everything you said. We joke about #firstworldproblems but it isn't really all a joke. It's a joke to make a point as far as I'm concerned.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 06:47 PM
wow - you sure told me. What was I thinking trying to share the simple idea of keeping a password pre-sale in the hands of the fans rather than every joe who wants to buy to resell for higher on Stubhub. Cause that rarely ever happens. Just my imagination. Got it. I dont know what I was thinking.

Thanks for the head clearing everyone. You've really done a service to the ETS board putting me in my place when I tried to state a positive suggestion to benefit everyone.

Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled program of listing the ways Trent and Company F's you all with everything that happens in NIN world that you didnt personally approve of first. Sorry for the interruption.
Congratulations on completely avoiding the reasons everybody has pointed out that you're wrong.

The he question about why bothering with a password was a valid one. That's it. And the answer to it is probably just for show. If the password is posted everywhere there's nothing private about it.

pastthemission
03-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Holy fuck, these Ticketmaster "Platinum" seats are infuriating...does this not defeat the purpose of the NIN OMGbestseatsinthehouse presale??

suprefan
03-17-2014, 07:39 PM

I think in the end, you really wanted to benefit yourself more than the group of people on here, how about that? Pretty much all your rambling has amounted to ''dont fucking post the password for everyone who isnt as privelaged as I am, becase I deserve tickets more than they do''.

halo eighteen
03-17-2014, 07:51 PM

Personally, I think it's because Tori Amos is touring many of the same cities on the same exact days and Trent just couldn't bring himself to have the off chance of running into her again.