PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham City

Pages : [1] 2

Wretchedest
12-02-2011, 01:38 PM
This being one of the most popular games of the year, I'm surprised there isnt a thread on this already.

Obviously this is one of those follow ups that is far superior to the original. The plot may be completely implausible and disorganized, but the gameplay is perfect. You really feel like batman. There's also a ton of cameos, some from really obscure villains I thought I'd never see again, others from characters Ive never even heard of.

I'm at a point in the post game where I have 3 remaining sidequests. One of which is obviously the riddler quest. Its maddening. There are so many of those little fucking green question marks... its crazy. Its pbvious the Riddler has one, as Batman is reduced to a greedy obsessive question mark collector. Ignoring grisly murder mysteries to dp loop the loops around smokestacks and play hoops with ice grenades. As my buddy once shouted at the screen, truly amgry and frustrated..."the Riddler is so.... cryptic!"

This game is awesome.

MrSlfDstruct
12-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I loved this game. I have to finish up the Campaign Challenges and do New Game+ and I'll get the platinum. I'm waiting to start NG+ until after the skins are released, I want to go through as Dark Knight Returns Batman.

krush
12-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Probably no thread because we all got it on release day and beat the main story already. Every time I was playing AC, I would think "WHY DOES ETS HAVE TO BE DOWN NOW"

I had never even played Arkham Asylum until a shipment came in at work, the week before Arkham City was released. I bought it, loved it and got AC during launch week. I missed out.

This is probably my favorite game of 2011.

Clownboat
12-02-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't think any game is as perfect as this one. I've never had more fun with the combat in any game, the animations are smooth as butter, the voice acting is spot on, it's gorgeous, it's fun, I'd fuck it, bring out the dildoes, Batman is in town, he's here to fuck us all, bitches goin' down, all day every day, BOOM.

kdrcraig
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Definitely a fantastic game. I still have a ton of stuff to do, riddles, challenges, NG+. I'm gonna at least wait on NG+ until the skins get released, Animated Series skin will be awesome.

october_midnight
12-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Have almost all the achievements and was straight addicted to this after buying the collector's edition. Only thing that's kind of irking me is all the DLC being challenge maps. I of course have Joker's Carnival and the Iceberg Lounge that came with the CE, but haven't bothered with the Nightwing or Robin stuff...would definitely drop the cash on some more campaign stuff for sure.

Wretchedest
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Have almost all the achievements and was straight addicted to this after buying the collector's edition. Only thing that's kind of irking me is all the DLC being challenge maps. I of course have Joker's Carnival and the Iceberg Lounge that came with the CE, but haven't bothered with the Nightwing or Robin stuff...would definitely drop the cash on some more campaign stuff for sure.

Yeah, there are actually 2 points in the plot where they couldve let the player handle robin and fill in some plot gaps... maybe more.

I have a question about ng+. It mentions that it shares your gear and riddler trophies between your old file and new one.... or am i getting that wrong?

Space Suicide
12-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I traded Skyrim (I got rid of it due to time reasons to play the quests and the overall love of Batman also did some talking) to Best Buy for a $35.00 gift card to get this. I got it on Black Friday for $29.99. What's even better is the fact they still had pre-order copies so I also got the Robin DLC for free.

I'm about to defeat Penguin and rescue Mister Freeze. Catwoman is fun to play with too.

I was thinking I'd get all achievements for this game but honestly I suck majorly at Challenge Maps. I struggle to even get a Bronze medal in them. Makes me upset. Should've had seperate tied-in single player story mode for Robin and Nightwing in addition to the Challenge Maps.

I do wish that more single player story mode stuff can and would be released. I'm 100% doubtful of that.

owinn
12-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Have the PS3 and the PC version (don't ask me why) and the PC version is STUNNING... that is until you realise DX11 features don't work unless you have a computer from the future and they royally screwed the cutscenes somehow.

Not game of the year in my book though. It's a nice expansion on Asylum but I just felt as if I was going through the motions on this one, also it had way too many villains. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was a bad game, in fact it's technically excellent but I felt like I was on auto pilot throughout the whole thing. When you consider awarding a title GOTY you have to remember that you're awarding the company that developed or published it as well. WB games fucked up quite a bit on this one, especially the PC release... even though the game is good.

Wretchedest
12-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I agree. The plot was flimsy from the start. It buckles at the very premise of having a portion of the city turmed into aprison run by a super villain.
You could see why they did it though: they wanted to put batman in a city setting without dealing with the consequences of an actual city. Like: innocent bystanders, cars...etc. I appreciated the villain cameos but as a result, and because of the source material. None of the characters have much depth. That said gameplay is great...

I actually think the Infamous games are much better. The writing in those games is always engaging and interesting, and the characters are generally well developed.

Space Suicide
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I actually think the Infamous games are much better. The writing in those games is always engaging and interesting, and the characters are generally well developed.

I hated that game series. I guess I don't 'get it'.

Ruined
12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
As I stated in the Game of the Year thread, I really enjoyed this game. I'm also a fan of the Infamous series and don't think there's a need to choose. I recently earned the platinum trophy for Arkham City. For those trying to achieve this, here's what needs to be done (in addition to earning the listed trophies and completing the challenge rooms):
*SPOILERS*

In addition to the main story, you have to do all the side-quests, again (even AR training, which I despised, both times). The only exception is that you do not have to find the Riddler trophies/answer the Riddler's riddles, again, once you have found/answered them in the original play-trough. However, you do have to rescue the Riddler's hostages, via his various puzzle rooms, again.

thelastdisciple
12-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I just got Arkham City on "Black Friday" for half price, couldn't afford the $60 when it came out and still didn't find it likely that I'd be able to get it for a while but miraculously i got it for $29.00 sealed, brand new... definitely scrounged up my peanuts.

This game is insanely huge in comparison to Asylum, wow, it's immense. I'm loving the fluidity of the combat still, a lot more added to the glide gameplay which is awesome i love just cruising around and pouncing on thugs at every turn. The story is fun, sure it's like X-Men 3 by way of every Batman-Universe villain known to man having a role but oh well.... i just whooped Rha's Al Ghul's ass!

Still have a way to go in the story but that's because i have been dinking around doing side missions and searching for the riddler stuff. I do realize like the first game that you have to eventually make your way through the campaign because it triggers special events (i.e addition of new gear) that benefit you in finding all of Riddler's trophies and what not.

All ready i found out the hard way thinking i could grab three Riddler trophies from some hole in the wall in the sewers, damn gas!

Ahhh this game is so fun.

Bonedwarf
12-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I don't complete games. I just get bored too easily. The last game I completed before this year was Halo ODST. Before that? There genuinely hasn't been one this century prior to that.

Which makes the fact I've done Arkham twice now all the more astonishing. I did it on easy, found out that didn't unlock the skins in the main game (thanks for pointing that out before we started, Rocksteady), got 53% in on easy before starting against on normal where I'm now at 58%.

Amazing game. I was happy to play it again (though it did piss me off in spots) simply to here Mark's acting again. His Joker is just phenomenal.

orestes
12-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Probably no thread because we all got it on release day and beat the main story already. Every time I was playing AC, I would think "WHY DOES ETS HAVE TO BE DOWN NOW"

I was saying the same thing myself. I love this game so much!

Emil Dorbell
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Arkham Asylum was superior to this. They didn't really weave the story together, it all felt like detached sidequests, without much of a story arc. Gameplay is perfect though. Another thing that bothered me was that after you unlock the combo upgrades and the armor there's little reason to keep levelling up. You don't really need or want half of the upgrades in the game. I guess some of them help with riddles, but I'm way too stupid for the puzzles in this game.

I'm bashing on it a little, but I had huge expectations. Still a great game, somewhere in my top five this year. Top ten at least.

Wretchedest
12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
^^ I agree with you Re: Upgrades. Like the freeze grenades... i could really give two shits about freeze grenades, the sonic batarang, the grapple boost (really, what does that even do?), and the electro gun. Also, batman should be able to swim.... seriously.

There was a point in the game where batman is at risk by a shark, and I thought it would be a perfect moment to bust out the shark reppelent spray... sadly, this did not happer

I don't think either stories were spectacular, between this and the last one. The first game had a brilliant set-up, but the ending and the boss fights were lousy. Genetically altered soldiers? give me a break...

In this game, the set up is awful, and absolutely unconvincing. The villains, indeed are diluted, I think the game would have benefitted from a slightly more episodic approach. It seems logical.

Still, it was fun, and I'm catching up on those riddler trophies now...

thelastdisciple
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM
In defense of the grapple boost, it does help you catch up a bit during those phone calls that you have 2 minutes to get to in trying to track down what's his face, this much i know.

Conan The Barbarian
12-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Not much depth? If you listen to the tapes you see how the villains got to the city. Plus the comics that you can download is a great prologue to the game.

To each their own. I really hope we get campaign dlc. But all the clues hint to a third so.

BasicCable
12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I enjoyed Arkham City, but I still think I prefer Arkham Asylum. There was a particular density to Asylum that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Also, it took me a while to suspend my disbelief enough to accept that a whole section a Gotham was walled off and turned into a prison. What a stretch.

october_midnight
12-03-2011, 06:40 PM
The best clue leading towards the next game is the hidden, and hard-as-fuck-to-open-with-the-cryptographer hidden room with the dead body, jars of bugs, and shipping manifesto to Dr. Crane

Pretty good set up I think...

Wretchedest
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
So I finally just caught the riddler. His punishment is satisfying.

But im stuck with the watcher and identity hief missions with no leads. Very frustrating.

ltrandazzo
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
All of the preorder skins DLC just went up in a download pack today. An added bonus in the pack is a Batman: Year One skin as well. Pretty awesome.

theburningreptile
12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I would like to get the different skins for this game. I think this has to be my 2nd favorite game of 2011. With Skyrim and Deus Ex: Human Revolution tied with 1st. I was so happy to play this, the day it came out. I stayed up all night and finished the main story. I really felt bittersweet towards the end though. Been a big Batman fan ever since I was a kid when I saw Burton's Batman in 94'. The story presented in this game is on of the best Batman stories I know of. I highly recommend it. Play the 1st though. I think my favorite character in this game besides Batman and Joker has to be Mr. Freeze. I was so happy to see him in Arkham City. I was happy to help him too. I need to play as Catwoman more though. I liked her moves but I think it could have worked great with just Batman on his own.

Space Suicide
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
All of the preorder skins DLC just went up in a download pack today. An added bonus in the pack is a Batman: Year One skin as well. Pretty awesome.

How much is it?

ltrandazzo
12-06-2011, 08:20 PM
How much is it?

400 MS Points, so $5. I assume it's the same price for PSN.

Space Suicide
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
400 MS Points, so $5. I assume it's the same price for PSN.

Might have to get it sometime. Love to play as 1970's Batman or Batman Beyond.

thelastdisciple
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Apparently there was something about the Bat Cave to be added in some form for DLC, i guess as a challenge room/map?

batsy
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
It's been a bitch trying to get all the riddler trophies lol. I think I have about 50 or so left.

I was hoping we would get free-roam of the Bat Cave and/or Wayne Manor in this game.

dogsipod
12-09-2011, 05:39 AM
damn it. Just opened new vegas and someone at work gave me Assassins Creed 2. My arkham city time is taking a hit. also rumor has it that there will be a fairly good PSN sale right after the new year so hopefully the DLC for this game is included.

Space Suicide
12-09-2011, 08:16 AM
damn it. Just opened new vegas and someone at work gave me Assassins Creed 2. My arkham city time is taking a hit. also rumor has it that there will be a fairly good PSN sale right after the new year so hopefully the DLC for this game is included.

What doesn't PSN get? They seem to get everything these days.

I beat Penguin and Grundy last night. Time to get a blood sample from Ra's Al Ghul.

Space Suicide
12-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I bought the Costume Skin pack.

Edit: I shouldn't have, as I can't even use em till I beat the game. What utter bullshit that is.

thelastdisciple
12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll be happy if i never see another Riddler trophy ever again once I'm through with finding them all LOL

Hula
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm currently spending about 8x more time on Riddler trophies and side missions than the actual main storyline. Never before has a game so made me want so badly to get 100% completion.

MrSlfDstruct
12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
The campaigns are a royal pain in the ass. I think I have four more to go to be at 100%. I don't know why I feel the need to get the platinum, those fuckin' campaign aren't even fun.

Wretchedest
12-13-2011, 11:49 AM
^ some of them are. I still don't have a clue what to do for the identity theft or watcher missions. They don't really give you a way to pursue it, you have to just kind of happen on them and that's really annoying.

Space Suicide
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
^ some of them are. I still don't have a clue what to do for the identity theft or watcher missions. They don't really give you a way to pursue it, you have to just kind of happen on them and that's really annoying.

Pretty much, the Identity Thief I stumbled upon the first clue right outside the Steel Mill after I first left it. Haven't found or seen any trace since.

kdrcraig
12-14-2011, 07:20 AM

I used a guide online for both of those, I would've never figured either out on my own. Haven't gotten around to finishing the identity theft one yet.

Hula
12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Finished the main storyline. Short or what?! I'd probably have felt it more if I hadn't taken time out to complete most of the Riddler challenges in between plot points.

kdrcraig
12-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Free new skin for this game coming today

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-5447-Free-Skin-Swoops-into-Batman--Arkham-City-Tomorrow.html

Piko
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Finished the main storyline. Short or what?! I'd probably have felt it more if I hadn't taken time out to complete most of the Riddler challenges in between plot points.

Felt about as long as Asylum was.

thelastdisciple
12-21-2011, 03:38 AM
That damn advanced AR training level where you fly through the joker mouth/hall. MAJOR RAGE QUIT MOMENT.

I must have done that about 100 times before i finally got it.

MrSlfDstruct
12-21-2011, 01:19 PM
That damn advanced AR training level where you fly through the joker mouth/hall. MAJOR RAGE QUIT MOMENT.

I must have done that about 100 times before i finally got it.

Yeah, the first set aren't bad at all. Then you get to the second set and they're a big pain in the nuts.

blassster
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
It's on sale through Steam for the next 25 hours 44 minutes. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/57400/) 50% off ($24.99 US)

Hula
12-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Felt about as long as Asylum was.

I dunno. Maybe I just sucked at the first game but it felt like there was more to it; maybe it was just the fact that you had to physically traverse much more ground to get to the next checkpoint, whereas in Arkham City it was all laid out on the map for you.

thelastdisciple
12-24-2011, 01:16 PM
What do you guys figure the Christmas thing from Calendar Man is all about? "On Christmas day the Red Man comes, marked with a bloody X". EDIT: Ended up just being him rambling on about some stuff.

Now the Calendar Man wants you to expect a story on New Years day.

EDIT: Expect a story on Valentine's Day.

Space Suicide
04-23-2012, 08:19 PM
New Game of the Year Edition to come out soon with all the DLC, including the upcoming single player mini campaign: Harley Quinn's Revenge. Her DLC is out April 30th.

Finally, some DLC I can sink my teeth into and enjoy since I suck massively at the challenges.

kdrcraig
04-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Maybe that will get me back into this game a bit. I beat it, then did most of the side missions, not many of the riddles and a few of the challenges and haven't touched it since. I doubt I'll ever play the New Game+ because I died a shitload on a Normal playthrough and the difficulty is ramped up for that mode.

thelastdisciple
04-26-2012, 07:06 AM
I've still been following Calendar Man, now he has something to say on Mother's Day.

Prior to that it was April Fools, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's, New Years Day, and Christmas Day.

How long is this supposed to go on for i wonder?

Space Suicide
04-26-2012, 08:25 AM
I've still been following Calendar Man, now he has something to say on Mother's Day.

Prior to that it was April Fools, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's, New Years Day, and Christmas Day.

How long is this supposed to go on for i wonder?

12 consecutive holidays.

thelastdisciple
04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
oh right! that's what that achievement's for!

Space Suicide
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/006263.jpg

May 29th: INCOMING!

Space Suicide
05-07-2012, 11:35 PM
what is that space? Is that a campaign dlc?

yes sir, it is!

Wretchedest
05-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Man, my friend, a batman buff, still hasn't played the game yet, I can only hope that posters like that don't spoil the ending for him!

october_midnight
05-09-2012, 01:29 PM
GTTV is going to have the first DLC gameplay tomorrow night. (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-517-gt-tv/729896)

october_midnight
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Rocksteady apparently making next Batman game a prequel; will focus on Batman's first encounter with the Joker? (http://www.batman-online.com/news/2012/7/11/arkham-city-prequel-to-be-inspired-by-silver-age-comics)

Space Suicide
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Rocksteady apparently making next Batman game a prequel; will focus on Batman's first encounter with the Joker? (http://www.batman-online.com/news/2012/7/11/arkham-city-prequel-to-be-inspired-by-silver-age-comics)

Don't know how that will play out. Hamill said he wasn't going to speak for the Joker in any role ever again, I may be wrong though.

Piko
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Well, even though he said that, he did end up voicing Joker again in DC Universe. So who knows? Who knows for sure that the next game will even have Joker? So many other villains. It doesn't need Joker. We had two games with him.

Frozen Beach
09-09-2012, 09:17 PM
So I'm playing Arkham Asylum, and I'm at Killer Croc's lair. Needless to say, I'm scared shitless. Killer Croc has always freaked me out more than any other Batman Villain.

Oh, and the Scarecrow parts are AMAZING.

october_midnight
02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Third Arkham game to drop this year or early next year? (http://kotaku.com/5983627/the-next-game-in-batmans-arkham-series-is-coming-this-year-says-time+warner-exec?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Hopefully, but with no Rocksteady or Paul Dini writing...looks like it's gonna be that prequel game that was hinted a while back...fingers crossed.

Conan The Barbarian
02-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Kinda has me worried, but we will have to wait and see.

Jinsai
04-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Batman Arkham Origins officially announced, w/ release date set for October 25th (http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-origins-is-coming-this-fall-471657142?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Space Suicide
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Batman Arkham Origins officially announced, w/ release date set for October 25th (http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-origins-is-coming-this-fall-471657142?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Rocksteady isn't doing it so hopefully it remains as good as previous games.

Piko
04-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Rocksteady isn't doing it so hopefully it remains as good as previous games.

I'm a little worried/skeptical. But I'll still most likely check it out on launch.

october_midnight
04-09-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm down obviously. Can't wait!

october_midnight
04-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Screenshots and concept artwork released. (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Screenshots-Feature-Penguin-Black-Mask-54499.html)

I'm feelin' that batsuit.

thelastdisciple
04-29-2013, 03:46 AM
No more Kevin Conroy...

http://kotaku.com/arkham-citys-batman-actor-wont-be-back-for-the-next-g-483877457 (http://kotaku.com/arkham-citys-batman-actor-wont-be-back-for-the-next-g-483877457)

Bad news continues to surround the new entry in this series.

Welp....it's been fun while it lasted folks.

I thought Conroy did a good job showing the contrast between Bruce in Batman TAS and the old Bruce in Batman Beyond...that was quite a damn age difference right there and he still pulled it off, i think he's fully capable of making us believe that he can do the character justice even if the age is reversed a bit. Conroy himself is showing his age but i think he still has it in him so no i really don't agree with this argument that he can't do a younger Bruce, just because it's an "origin" story i really dont think the character's going to be in his teens for this game is he? most likely early 30s? Conroy can do it! maybe he chose not to do it and i can respect his choices, he's not our slave after all..... or maybe they can't afford him anymore or he's just too busy but the loss of his prominent voice work than made those first two titles so much of what they were definitely isn't shaping up too well for this series of games if you ask me, not to mention this new developer's probably going to royally fuck it up.

Space Suicide
04-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Probably got exhausted. Anything Batman related he's been there every time for the past few years and consistently since the 90's cartoon. It's understandable.

october_midnight
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
The voices are great and all, but I still have faith. More details have been announced here (http://www.oxm.co.uk/53111/batman-arkham-origins-details-emerge-axed-features-new-detective-mode-year-two-setting/) and it looks like they're being very careful with the franchise, and justifiably so. I'm sure Rocksteady wouldn't have handed over the reins if they didn't feel safe doing so.

october_midnight
05-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Recently revealed details:

The Batwing is in the game, but the Batmobile isn’t
Jim Gordon has a big role, his relationship with Batman is inspired by the Batman: Year One comic
The game takes place during Batman’s 2nd year of crime fighting
The game world is more than twice the size of Batman: Arkham City

october_midnight
05-16-2013, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9bKYfyM-o

Full trailer drops May 20th.

october_midnight
05-19-2013, 11:58 AM
No more Kevin Conroy...

http://kotaku.com/arkham-citys-batman-actor-wont-be-back-for-the-next-g-483877457 (http://kotaku.com/arkham-citys-batman-actor-wont-be-back-for-the-next-g-483877457)

Bad news continues to surround the new entry in this series.

Welp....it's been fun while it lasted folks.

Hate to rain on your negativity parade (or perhaps brighten it up?) but due to an NDA, Conroy was unable to say anything publicly...until now of course.

Kevin Conroy officially announces that he is back for Origins. (http://www.batman-online.com/news/2013/5/19/kevin-conroy-will-voice-batmans-origins)

october_midnight
05-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Good. God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M

Also, first look at The Joker:

http://medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/dir_343/image_34372_thumb_wide940.jpg

Piko
05-20-2013, 09:04 AM
That's pretty cool. And joystiq is reporting that Deathstroke will be playable in some form. Contract mode?

october_midnight
05-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Yeah if you pre-order, and holy fuck yes I hope it's something like a contract mode.

october_midnight
05-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Ugh, Kevin Conroy just confirmed on Twitter that he will NOT be in Origins, but rather a 'new Arkham game coming soon'. Probably next-gen...

Jinsai
05-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Ugh, Kevin Conroy just confirmed on Twitter that he will NOT be in Origins, but rather a 'new Arkham game coming soon'. Probably next-gen...

Why the hell wouldn't he? Surely they have a big enough budget for this game to afford to get Kevin Conroy to voice Batman............. right?

And while that's a really awesome CG movie, maybe even one of the most impressive I've ever seen on a technical level, doesn't anyone else think it's strange that they still haven't released any actual gameplay footage yet?

Call me skeptical, but I'm actually more interested in the 2D Metroidvania game they're making for Vita/3DS

Wretchedest
05-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I'll say it again, the last thing this game needs is the joker.

Frozen Beach
05-27-2013, 07:04 AM
No offense, I love Kevin Conroy as Batman and always will, but I'm not exactly bummed he won't be in Origins. I welcome a newcomer to take on Batman's voice.

Conan The Barbarian
05-27-2013, 08:48 AM
I'll say it again, the last thing this game needs is the joker.

I don't think they will. This is before all that so I'm sure they will introduce him at the end. The focus here is black mask.

Piko
05-27-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm going to bet that joker is going to be a very minor character.

october_midnight
06-10-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJAZQjWA9g&feature=player_embedded

october_midnight
07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Collector's Edition, shitty resolution because until it's confirmed...it's from a tiny website picture.

http://medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/dir_356/image_35650_thumb_wide940.jpg

Space Suicide
07-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Eh, I'll pass. I wonder what the "2 Exclusive DLC" items are. One looks like Deadshot.

Jinsai
07-13-2013, 12:14 PM
so... am I the only person (more) excited about the 2D side scrolling handheld game?

I try to get amped about this new "origins" game, but there's too many red flags going off in my head, and the previous two games were too perfect for them to be handing off the baton to a new studio. I would love to hear why Rocksteady isn't involved, and it would really put me at ease.

october_midnight
07-13-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't think they've ever stated specifically as to why they're not doing it to be honest. Either way, I'm a Batman fan and it's only $60 so why not lol.

Conan The Barbarian
07-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Because rock steady is probably doing a next gen batman game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Space Suicide
07-13-2013, 01:13 PM
so... am I the only person (more) excited about the 2D side scrolling handheld game?

No, I am as well. Looks like a fun and great Vita title for sure. I only have two games for my Vita. Oy!

october_midnight
07-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Because rock steady is probably doing a next gen batman game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh man I can't wait for the first next-gen Batman game, gonna have to buy that too lol.

Jinsai
07-13-2013, 02:39 PM
No, I am as well. Looks like a fun and great Vita title for sure. I only have two games for my Vita. Oy!

I love my Vita, but my favorite games so far have been Japanese imports that seem to have no chance of coming to the US. If you like top-down action RPGs (like SNES era Zelda) definitely pick up Ys: Memories of Celceta. I loved that game, and even though I probably have better things to spend my money on at this point, I'm going to buy it again when it comes out in the US just to support the fact that they're localizing it.

but, back on topic, the Vita/3DS BATMAN game should be getting some more love, because THAT is exactly the kind of game I wish I was seeing more of (Metroid/Castlevnia/Shadow Complex/Guacamelee)

Space Suicide
07-13-2013, 05:36 PM
I love my Vita, but my favorite games so far have been Japanese imports that seem to have no chance of coming to the US. If you like top-down action RPGs (like SNES era Zelda) definitely pick up Ys: Memories of Celceta. I loved that game, and even though I probably have better things to spend my money on at this point, I'm going to buy it again when it comes out in the US just to support the fact that they're localizing it.

but, back on topic, the Vita/3DS BATMAN game should be getting some more love, because THAT is exactly the kind of game I wish I was seeing more of (Metroid/Castlevnia/Shadow Complex/Guacamelee)

I don't want to derail the thread but I'll take any suggestions you've got. I've thought of getting the all talked about Persona 4 Golden as I'm sure I'd like it and any of the free games I've heard of on PSN.

october_midnight
07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Multiplayer officially announced. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/31/multiplayer-comes-to-batman-arkham-origins)

I'm on the fence...it's being done by a separate studio, won't be on the game disc (separate MP disc included), is a 3 vs. 3 vs. 2 mode which I think will be hard to find full games and not half bots....PLUS it's basically set in the challenge room mode, which I was never a big fan of. Something tells me I won't be spending too much time with that disc in the drive.

Space Suicide
07-31-2013, 11:30 AM
I hate when useless tacked on multiplayer modes make their way to single player games. I'll try it out but don't expect all that much.

I do however love reading dumbasses who boycott games because they put multiplayer in the game. I'm having a nice argument on a forum elsewhere about it.

october_midnight
08-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Anyone else get a beta invite?

october_midnight
08-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Damn, beta's 1.73gb big...too bad I have to wait until after work tonight to give it a try...

october_midnight
08-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Holy tacked on multiplayer, Batman! Shades of Dead Space 2's MP. Leveling up unlocks boosts, gear, etc etc. only one map so I'm sure it'll be better in game. Fun playing as Bane and The Joker. Hit detection is pretty bad some times.

Space Suicide
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I hate multiplayer games that reward time involved to make your character better. It's completely unfair.

If you don't get the game on Launch and you wanna try multiplayer later on down the line when you buy it, you're going to be fucked and lose every match no matter what. There won't be a fair playing field.

october_midnight
08-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Considering I've outgrown the need for collector's anything pretty much, and don't feel the desire for a glow in the dark map, $119.99 seems a bit too rich for my blood.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/08/Batman_Collector.jpg

The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition features a 9" Joker statue with LED effects, as well as an 80-page artbook, a Batman Wanted Posted, and a Batwing prototype schematic. In addition, the bundle features a glow-in-the-dark map of Gotham City, a Wayne family photo, and an Assassin's intel dossier.

The premium bundle also packs in various digital offerings, including the 1st Appearance Batman skin, the Deathstroke challenge pack, and a copy of Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics, a feature-length documentary narrated by Lord of the Rings actor Christopher Lee. The movie will only be available in North American versions of the collector's edition. The PlayStation 3 version of the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive.

Space Suicide
09-27-2013, 01:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgHj1dGruc

Still debating getting this game or not.

ericy210
10-18-2013, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgHj1dGruc

Still debating getting this game or not.
Why the hesitation?

Space Suicide
10-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Why the hesitation?

Lack of money since dropping $60.00 at least once a month (and sometimes several times) gets to be a bit much after awhile.

ericy210
10-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Lack of money since dropping $60.00 at least once a month (and sometimes several times) gets to be a bit much after awhile.
i hear ya. Good luck. Anyone ever try gamefly? I wonder if it can help my budget

Jinsai
10-19-2013, 12:39 AM
i hear ya. Good luck. Anyone ever try gamefly? I wonder if it can help my budget

Yeah, I'm planning on canceling my gamefly membership... after awhile, you end up getting a game that you don't really want, but want to play enough to not send it back, and then you realize it's been two months paid membership, and it's just been sitting there on your shelf while you play the games you want to play.

ericy210
10-25-2013, 07:22 PM
So who else played it? I got it. I was so excited. But I have to agree with the reviews so far. It's a 7. If it wasn't batman I wouldn't play it. Hope it gets better. Just no wow factor fo me. But then again, I've been playing GTA which makes everything less impressive.

Jinsai
10-25-2013, 11:09 PM
I pretty much lost interest in Origins when I heard that Rocksteady wasn't making the game. I'm sure I'll play it at some point, but I'm not buying this one new.

I'm more upset to hear that the 2D handheld spinoff game is apparently also a massive disappointment.

Space Suicide
10-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I pretty much lost interest in Origins when I heard that Rocksteady wasn't making the game. I'm sure I'll play it at some point, but I'm not buying this one new.

I'm more upset to hear that the 2D handheld spinoff game is apparently also a massive disappointment.

Is it? Sounded promising and I seriously cared more about it more than Origins. I need more Vita games.

I think Origins should be the last game of this series. I read and heard it's not a bad game but nothing remarkably new or different. If they continue to milk this one, the quality will decline for sure.

I'll still get it at some point. maybe 50% on Black Friday. In 2011, I was lucky to nab Arkham City for half off.

Jinsai
10-26-2013, 01:03 AM
given the "surprise!" lower reception of this one, expect the second hand copies to drop to bargain bin prices even faster than City or Asylum did.

I can't personally attest to the Vita Blackgate game being bad, but I'm not going to buy it with those scores and no demo. If you're looking for some games to play on your Vita:

Guacamelee - Especially if you want a 2D metroidvania game like Batman was promising to be
Sound Shapes - Suited better to the Vita. Like Guacamelee, cross buy with PS3 version
Ys: Memories of Celceta - Amazing game. Comes out next month in America. Get it.
Persona 4: Golden - If you don't like turn based JRPGs, don't get this. Otherwise, no excuse. Get it now.
Gravity Rush - It's actually pretty great, get past the tutorial. Isn't this free w/ Playstation +?
Uncharted - Also free with Playstation +?
Rayman Legends/Origins - Yeah, you get them on PS3, and no cross buy, but these games are the BEST handheld platformers

There's a lot of other great games for it, but if you don't have any of those pick them up. Beyond that, it depends on what you're into. I have to admit, I've put the most time into Japanese imports, and I'm pissed they haven't been bringing those games over here.

Piko
10-26-2013, 06:59 PM
So, i'm guessing I should hold off on buying it?

october_midnight
10-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Perhaps, I picked up a sealed copy off of Craigslist this morning before work from a guy that was selling it for only $60 (saved the tax) and to be honest, I'm the biggest bat-nerd out there and I haven't even opened it. The multiplayer is pretty tacked on (I played the beta) and the campaign will be just as good in a few weeks/months time.

Piko
10-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Friend of mine is raving about it. Tbh, I haven't been the most motivated to really sit down and play anything aside from fifa. I want to play it, eventually... Maybe I'll look up some reviews to see if that sways me.

Space Suicide
10-27-2013, 11:30 PM
I want the game but dread paying $60.00 for it, hence my waiting till a hopeful price cut on Black Friday.

In the meantime I started playing Arkham City yesterday and today again for fun and such since I won't have Origins for a bit. I beat the Harley Quinn DLC even though I started it over a year ago and never even bothered to beat due to lack of time and other games.

I'm currently doing the Riddle Hostage missions but honestly it's so draining to actually even get to those missions. I have only done the second one. Finding and collecting the Riddle ? trophies is so fucking boring and time consuming. I can see why I never bothered.

Piko
10-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Gonna probably cave and buy it tomorrow. The stuff I've seen from it seems convincing enough.

RJK
10-28-2013, 04:31 AM
I'm a few hours in and while it may be more of the same I love it. Nothing groundbreaking so far but the story is good (so far).

Space Suicide
10-28-2013, 09:52 PM
I also bought it tonight but with mostly free money from doing some yard work for a relative. I started multiplayer first...better than I thought actually. Whoa...really?!

Piko
10-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Picked it up earlier. I'm liking it. Only a couple of hours in, but it's been pretty fun so far.

xmd 5a
10-29-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm enjoying it too. It's pretty much Arkham City 1.5, but that's exactly what I was after.

Piko
10-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Game glitched up and corrupted my save. All 13 hours progress, gone...

RJK
10-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Game glitched up and corrupted my save. All 13 hours progress, gone...

Yikes! PS3 or 360? I had the game freeze this morning while entering the steel mill. Luckily it saved right before that and I didn't lose anything.

Piko
10-30-2013, 03:51 PM
PS3. I just noticed that a door wasn't opening (it wasn't locked). So decided to restart my checkpoint. Ended up with batman falling down an endless abyss... I exited out, and my option to continue was gone. My unlockables are still there though, just not my actual save file.

Space Suicide
10-31-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm doing more collectable item searching and finding than the actual story. I've gotten all Penguin Weapon Caches, 3 Comms Towers and their network relays, lots of extortion files started, a lot of Enigma's informants secrets and about 10 or so Crime in Progress situations. I'm enjoying the game. It might be a re-skinned Arkham City free roam map but it feels so good to glide around with it being the true Gotham City that we didn't get in the last games. I love it.

Thus far I've done the Deathstroke fight (without getting hit once!), infiltrated the GCPD HQ and am just about about to head to the sewers.

Anybody else find the combat in this game wonky? When I go for free flow fighting in challenges and in the game, it seems slower and broken. My combos lose their count super quick and awkwardly. Anyone agree? Highest combo I've gotten was 32x or so…meh.

Piko
11-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Combat is slowed down a bit and makes you have tl really time your attacks. Nothing freeflowing about it. On the brightside, patch incoming next week. Hopefully I'll be able to resume my game...

thelastdisciple
11-02-2013, 02:01 AM
They slowed the combat down? that's lame... but maybe the idea is that since this is a prequel and your time as Batman is in it's infancy maybe you're not supposed to be as skilled and quick on the draw.. as you would be many years later in to your prime, i dunno.

Piko
11-02-2013, 06:17 PM
To keep your chain up, yeah. It's not terrible, but yeah, they slowed it down with that. If you don't care about combo chains, then go for it. But, the gameplay may not allow it.

Space Suicide
11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
They slowed the combat down? that's lame... but maybe the idea is that since this is a prequel and your time as Batman is in it's infancy maybe you're not supposed to be as skilled and quick on the draw.. as you would be many years later in to your prime, i dunno.

Yeah, undoubtedly. I can link shit together flawlessly in City (and I'm fully leveled with all gadgets and free flow in Origins) but in Origins I cannot. Batman doesn't snap to as well as he did in City. Shame really and I think it's fault on the developers, not fitting with inexperienced Batman skills due to time frame of this game to the prior one.

To keep your chain up, yeah. It's not terrible, but yeah, they slowed it down with that. If you don't care about combo chains, then go for it. But, the gameplay may not allow it.

Outside of achievements, which I both got, the free flow is the lifeline to taking out 12 guys at once. If there's one thing in this game series I hate, it's the fight events that pits you against like 12-18 guys in one go. It's so annoying and leaves next to none for marginal error. Then again, if it wasn't a huge number of guys at once it wouldn't be awesome to be Batman I guess.

Piko
11-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I think at the end of the day, this game could've used a few more months of work. The faulty fight system (not the end of the world) and game breaking bugs. It was rushed.

october_midnight
11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Haha I didn't even open the copy I got, sold it and spent the money on drinks last night. I win.

Piko
11-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Lucky you, heh. I'd wait until the patch if I were you. Oddly enough, out of everyone I know or speak to, I'm the only one who got the broken game.

Space Suicide
11-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I think at the end of the day, this game could've used a few more months of work. The faulty fight system (not the end of the world) and game breaking bugs. It was rushed.

I don't know if it was rushed but there is some glaringly obvious bugs that weren't fixed and it's kind of unacceptable.

Lucky you, heh. I'd wait until the patch if I were you. Oddly enough, out of everyone I know or speak to, I'm the only one who got the broken game.

Everytime I dashboard after a session of playing it, I copy the save file to the cloud. Can't be too sure. I've started to do that with most of my games these days. Extra insurance. I know you're using PS3 though for this one.

Piko
11-03-2013, 12:59 PM
I didn't lose the save file though. Just the ability to continue it... I've never had any issue like that, ever.

Al_Hunter
11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Is anyone else here playing Origins on an XBox 360? I'm at the first crimescene in the radio tower. When I do the evidence scan the on the dna on the wall it won't scan unless I'm holding RT and it starts replaying the crime scene. That in itself isn't a problem, but when I need to replay through it again a few seconds later to see where the key card when (I know, it's behind the grate) I can't play forward through the crime scene using RT - I can only stop it playing backwards. I can see a little of the red line then it disappears and when it gets back to the beginning of the crime scene that's it - my game is fucked. I can't get any further. It's maddening. I've tried on two different save files now to make sure it wasn't some sort of glitch, but it's just not having any of it. Any advice anyone?!

Space Suicide
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Is anyone else here playing Origins on an XBox 360? I'm at the first crimescene in the radio tower. When I do the evidence scan the on the dna on the wall it won't scan unless I'm holding RT and it starts replaying the crime scene. That in itself isn't a problem, but when I need to replay through it again a few seconds later to see where the key card when (I know, it's behind the grate) I can't play forward through the crime scene using RT - I can only stop it playing backwards. I can see a little of the red line then it disappears and when it gets back to the beginning of the crime scene that's it - my game is fucked. I can't get any further. It's maddening. I've tried on two different save files now to make sure it wasn't some sort of glitch, but it's just not having any of it. Any advice anyone?!

You have to rewind and physically trace your scan reticle on the red line until it goes into the grate.

Al_Hunter
11-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Thats the thing though I can't get the red line to show up for anything more than a few seconds then it vanishes and I can't get it back - I can't play through the evidence anything more than once. The on screen directions suggest LT and RT should allow me to scan back and forth (correct?) but it won't do anything. As I press LT and RT the arrows at the top of the screen illuminate, but nothing more.

I'm pretty sure I'm just being retarded here (I'm not much of a gamer, but I loved the previous two Arkham games) but it's driving me nuts.

Space Suicide
11-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Thats the thing though I can't get the red line to show up for anything more than a few seconds then it vanishes and I can't get it back - I can't play through the evidence anything more than once. The on screen directions suggest LT and RT should allow me to scan back and forth (correct?) but it won't do anything. As I press LT and RT the arrows at the top of the screen illuminate, but nothing more.

I'm pretty sure I'm just being retarded here (I'm not much of a gamer, but I loved the previous two Arkham games) but it's driving me nuts.

Don't press LT and RT together at the same time. You have to rewind to the beginning of the scene and then play it with RT and keep your scan reticle on the red line as it appears, follow it to the grat and then aim there.

Al_Hunter
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks- I do appreciate your help, but I've not been as clear as I could- once it's rewound I can't go back through it with rt. When I press either of lt or rt the arrows illuminate but neither button pressed on it's own is doing anything. So I only get the one opportunity to view, pressing rt doesn't allow me to view again and trace the red line properly. Does that make sense? If not I'll post some sort of video tomorrow.

Edit: bizarre, I think my 360 must have been malfunctioning yesterday, it's working fine now - can scan the evidence on the wall without it having a fit and go back and forth through the incident without issue at all. Thanks anyway!!

Don't press LT and RT together at the same time. You have to rewind to the beginning of the scene and then play it with RT and keep your scan reticle on the red line as it appears, follow it to the grat and then aim there.

Space Suicide
11-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Edit: bizarre, I think my 360 must have been malfunctioning yesterday, it's working fine now - can scan the evidence on the wall without it having a fit and go back and forth through the incident without issue at all. Thanks anyway!!

Super weird but great hat it works for you.

Anyone else try out the Deathstroke Challenge Maps? I find using him is easier and funner than using Batman in the challenge map mode, playing the Predator challenges are super fun since you don't have gliding to save your ass when you mess up.

Piko
11-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Patched the game just now and everything seemed to actually be working. Beat up a couple guys and broke the game, again... Guess I'm just going to start over.

Ruined
11-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Not reading the thread, to avoid spoilers. Just 10% into gameplay and enjoy it: I'm a fan of the Arkham franchise. However, I think the whole "Origins" title is misleading: It makes no sense since you already have Batman gadgets that needed to be unlocked in earlier "sequels." Further, Batman already has all his fighting moves as soon as the game begins. I was hoping they would truly make it a prequel in which you had to unlock new moves; actually start out as Bruce Wayne trying to find his way to becoming the Batman we all know. It would have been cool if you had to use your wits and weren't quite able to take on large groups enemies, at the beginning. So, the game feels more like a sequel and/or large DLC; even the fight mechanics are identical to the previous games. So, again, I like it because I enjoy the Arkham franchise and the game is fun on its own. But, I can see how some might be disappointed if they were expecting a true origin game.

Piko
11-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Finally finished it yesterday. I liked it. Calling it Arkham City 1.5 seems pretty accurate. Seems like I was towards the end when it crashed on me, last time. And of course, WBID still doesn't work like it should.

Wretchedest
12-27-2013, 02:47 AM
I have it on good authority now that Rocksteady's new Batman game is coming out in the fall. I know I'm captain obvious over here, but my suspicions were confirmed in a recent conversation I had with someone working on the game.

Space Suicide
12-27-2013, 07:35 AM
I have it on good authority now that Rocksteady's new Batman game is coming out in the fall. I know I'm captain obvious over here, but my suspicions were confirmed in a recent conversation I had with someone working on the game.

Awesome!

I'm not complaining but I hope they don't milk it to death.

october_midnight
12-27-2013, 11:13 AM

The official Batman Arkham twitter account has been saying they have a 'big announcement' on 12/31. Would it be this perhaps?

Wretchedest
12-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Awesome!

I'm not complaining but I hope they don't milk it to death.

The person i was talking to specifically mentioned that Rocksteady wanted to move on from Batman, although that probably keams that a different studio will do it from then on.

I cant claim to know that its related to the new years announcement.... Hopefully!

My friend didnt say much: he wasnt even supposed to.mention that the project exists.

theburningreptile
12-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Boo! I got the dreaded disc read error message in Origins. It's right when I fight one of the Assassins and talk to Gordon. If I go and return it should that fix the problem or do I have to actually start all the way over? Thanks.

Ash512
12-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Origins is seriously underrated. After reading the reviews I wasn't even considering playing… Glad I did, it's just as fun as Arkham City, minus the novelty.
Fuck shitty reviewers.

Space Suicide
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Guess we found out what the story DLC is and what the December 31st announcement was:

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/025309.jpg

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/025310.jpg

Looks like we get story DLC with Mr. Freeze! He's is one of my favorite villains. Can't wait to get this if it (obviously looks like) involves him! Loved the portions with him in Arkham City.

october_midnight
02-06-2014, 05:34 PM
derrrrrrrrr (http://telus-ffh-assure-stv-english, telus-ffh-assure-solutions-english, telus-ffh-assure-solutions-helpdesk-english, telus-ffh-assure-portal-english, telus-ffh-assure-nra-english, telus-ffh-assure-adsl-ttv-english)

Space Suicide
02-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Rocksteady apparently spilled the beans on the next Arkham game to some insiders today... (http://telus-ffh-assure-stv-english, telus-ffh-assure-solutions-english, telus-ffh-assure-solutions-helpdesk-english, telus-ffh-assure-portal-english, telus-ffh-assure-nra-english, telus-ffh-assure-adsl-ttv-english)

Holy broken links Batman!

Fix? i'd fancy reading, can't find any stories anywhere.

october_midnight
02-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Not much to read: Article. (http://batman-news.com/2014/02/06/rocksteadys-next-batman-game-announced-next-month/)

october_midnight
02-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Origins devs announce that they have no plans to fix several known game-breaking bugs, instead say they're going to focus on DLC instead. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-origins-has-no-plans-to-fix-several-game-breaking-bugs/1100-6417619/)

After the whole Nintendo snafu, and now this....not a good thing to hear. Oh well...

Space Suicide
02-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Origins devs announce that they have no plans to fix several known game-breaking bugs, instead say they're going to focus on DLC instead. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-origins-has-no-plans-to-fix-several-game-breaking-bugs/1100-6417619/)

After the whole Nintendo snafu, and now this....not a good thing to hear. Oh well...

That's super lame. I luckily encountered no game breaking bug or issues. Shame it has some that will never be fixed because this game has an incredibly good story that some just won't bother with.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-10-2014, 01:58 PM

That's some serious bullshit. My little brother got the game for Christmas for his 360, and as far as I know, he hasn't had any problems, but for everyone that's affected by their decision not to put quality control first, I'm really sorry.

But hey, they want their customers to feel free to hand them more money for more broken-ass content for the imperfect game they already paid for. That shows how sincere they are about their apology.

Piko
02-10-2014, 02:06 PM
The game broke on me once. The second time wasn't nearly as bad and I was able to finish.

Space Suicide
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Arkham Origins Blackgate is hitting the Xbox Live Marketplace on March 25th, 2014 with extra maps, more challenges, batsuits and other updates.

Seems tempting though it'd be nice to have something else on my Vita. However I know the game isn't the best I read.

Shadaloo
02-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Seems a Gamestop just got some posters to put up in March:
http://postimg.org/image/6exh0w2dj/

Kevin Conroy DID let it slip last year he was coming back for Rocksteady's third...

Space Suicide
02-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Seems a Gamestop just got some posters to put up in March:
http://postimg.org/image/6exh0w2dj/

Kevin Conroy DID let it slip last year he was coming back for Rocksteady's third...

Might be for the new DLC for Origins.

Which I cannot wait for. It's titled Cold, Cold Heart and no release date is stated yet other than "Soon."

RJK
02-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Might be for the new DLC for Origins.

Which I cannot wait for. It's titled Cold, Cold Heart and no release date is stated yet other than "Soon."

Release date for the DLC is April 22nd.

Space Suicide
02-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Release date for the DLC is April 22nd.

Schweeeeet. I'm one of the like 4 people that don't hate this game or dev team so I'm excited.

RJK
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Schweeeeet. I'm one of the like 4 people that don't hate this game or dev team so I'm excited.

I really liked origins. I wish WB Games gave them more time to polish it but that is what happens in this day and age.

I love Mr. Freeze, so I'm looking forward to the DLC.

Space Suicide
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I really liked origins. I wish WB Games gave them more time to polish it but that is what happens in this day and age.

I love Mr. Freeze, so I'm looking forward to the DLC.

Origins wasn't a bad game at all, the story was actually very coherent and well executed. The support (bug fixing which has now made a legion of internet gamer whiners) has been terrible post-release though. Thankfully I have never ever had an issue with this game. I had a few freezing issues but outside of that I never had one problem.

I've always loved the Mr. Freeze character and if he is one fraction of how he was in Arkham City then I'm happy.

Shadaloo
03-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I'd be more forgiving if it was just stuff like falling through the floor every now and then, or enemies getting stuck, but when save files are getting corrupted? That's...pretty awful. Decent game though overall, great story. Loved the Deadshot fight.

Shadaloo
03-04-2014, 10:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs)

And then this happened

october_midnight
03-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Should be a fitting end to the trilogy (I refuse to acknowledge Origins). And a drivable Batmobile? Yes please.

Sick cover too.

http://cdn.medialib.totalxbox.com/screens/dir_390/image_39014_620.jpg

Piko
03-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Dammit... take my money now.

Space Suicide
03-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Going to be amazing.

theburningreptile
03-04-2014, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuD0Inb9Gs)

And then this happened

:D Wow, this looks amazing. Damn, I can't wait for this. :D

Space Suicide
03-04-2014, 01:44 PM
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/655b462b84abe241130d7e3355e3624c/Batman-Arkham-Knight-GameStop.jpg

I need to pre-order. I WANT her haha. My favorite comic book female (villain and hero). Going to be awesomeeeee.

thelastdisciple
03-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank the maker that it's coming out for PC, will be the only way I'll be able to play it. Got all the others on PS3 but since they don't want to be held back and develop a watered down product i guess this'll have to do.

Now i just hope my PC is up to spec.

october_midnight
03-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Overall map size will be 'about 5 times the size of Arkham City' which is bonkers.

Wretchedest
03-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Sweet. Any gameplay shots out there?

Also, sort of a nitpick, but do they still need the Arkham monicker at this point?

Wretchedest
03-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Double post.

Fixer808
03-04-2014, 09:23 PM
The trailer is really well done. Love the look of the batmobile, like a Tim Burton-era meets Tumbler kind of thing!

streetcleaner89
03-04-2014, 09:46 PM
im a bat freak so im absolutely stoaked for this, i wasted so much of my last few years getting 100% on city, asylum and origins ahah!

Space Suicide
03-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Overall map size will be 'about 5 times the size of Arkham City' which is bonkers.

I know you didn't play it but the map size of Origins was about double the size of City's and I thought it was quite big. 5 times the map in City will be crazy.

Sweet. Any gameplay shots out there?

Also, sort of a nitpick, but do they still need the Arkham monicker at this point?

None, but I bet we see more about this by May or E3.

I think Arkham feels out of place but it's part of the series so...

Conan The Barbarian
03-05-2014, 10:54 AM
This has officially made me forget that titanfall is coming out next week. Ugh c'mon October.

RJK
03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
I really hope Rocksteady has some sort of footage available next month at PAX East since I'll be there.

Can't wait to play this. Of course now I have to upgrade from a PS3 to a PS4.

Shadaloo
03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
There are some Game Informer scans floating around the net. 'Arkham Knight' is a new character. Babs appears as Oracle.

This thing is making me buy a PS4 before year's end. Didn't think that would happen for another year or so.

october_midnight
03-05-2014, 12:04 PM
No multiplayer, 'huge' map, Batmobile can be summoned anytime, Batman can instantly eject out of it, new main villain (Hush?), and more... (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-batman-arkham-knight-details-no-multiplayer-and-getting-the-best-out-of-xbox-one-ps4/1100-6418119/)

october_midnight
03-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Rocksteady discusses the story of Arkham Knight. (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/03/05/revealing-the-story-of-batman-arkham-knight.aspx)

Also, the teaser image of Arkham Knight looks pretty badass...

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2014/03/arkham-Knight-.jpg

october_midnight
03-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Lots of new info from a demo. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/batman-arkham-knight-what-you-really-need-to-know)

Mild spoilers.

thelastdisciple
04-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Ughhh what's the trick to blocking/dodging Deathstroke's attacks?..... fuckin' pissing me off, doesn't seem to matter what i do...i try to time triangle perfectly but i still get battered and even when i jump dodge to hit him from behind he always catches me and knocks me on my ass again. I've tried dragging him toward me with the batclaw to give him a whoopin' and that sure doesn't last long then i have to do the same bullshit with his staff over and over again, i got as far as breaking his stupid staff and him pulling out a sword but he still hands me ass to me each and every time.

MrSlfDstruct
04-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Deathstroke is basically a counter fight. As soon as you see him start to attack, counter him. Use your combo attacks (x + o, etc) every time you can. You can also batclaw him to you to get a couple of hits. But the key is counters and not getting too greedy with your attacks.

The tricky part is that the timing for the counters changes with each "stage" of the fight, after the beat down scenes. When you get to the part where he pulls out his sword there are usually two attacks you have to counter.

Once you get the timing down to counter it's actually a really easy fight. There's an achievement/trophy for not missing a counter.

thelastdisciple
04-10-2014, 03:13 PM
It's crazy i find this one Deathstroke fight harder than all of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City put together. Sheesh! lol

thelastdisciple
04-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Deathstroke is basically a counter fight. As soon as you see him start to attack, counter him. Use your combo attacks (x + o, etc) every time you can. You can also batclaw him to you to get a couple of hits. But the key is counters and not getting too greedy with your attacks.

The tricky part is that the timing for the counters changes with each "stage" of the fight, after the beat down scenes. When you get to the part where he pulls out his sword there are usually two attacks you have to counter.

Once you get the timing down to counter it's actually a really easy fight. There's an achievement/trophy for not missing a counter.
OMG i finally beat him, all i had to fucking do was turn hints back on lmfao....... MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

MrSlfDstruct
04-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Congrats! Now do it on New Game + :D

Space Suicide
04-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Deathstroke is an asshole. You have to let him lead the fight. After many, many, many tries I did get the achievement for not being damaged by him. One of my proudest achievements.

thelastdisciple
05-10-2014, 07:48 PM
So i finished the main story in Origins, now i gotta go do the extra stuff.... of course i did some along the way but there was just too much of it keeping me distracted from the narrative. Is there no way to reveal it all on the maps like in the past games with the floating riddler markers?

Space Suicide
05-11-2014, 07:36 PM
So i finished the main story in Origins, now i gotta go do the extra stuff.... of course i did some along the way but there was just too much of it keeping me distracted from the narrative. Is there no way to reveal it all on the maps like in the past games with the floating riddler markers?

Interrogate Enigma thugs like you would in the other games. They cough up Encryption Key locations on the map.

RJK
05-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I still can't get the last Crime in Progress to pop. Flew around for hours. I'm over it.

The Cold, Cold Heart DLC was a great story. Game play seems to have some of the same faults as the main game. Hopefully WB Montreal can get their shit together by the time they take over the franchise full time.

Space Suicide
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
I still can't get the last Crime in Progress to pop. Flew around for hours. I'm over it.

The Cold, Cold Heart DLC was a great story. Game play seems to have some of the same faults as the main game. Hopefully WB Montreal can get their shit together by the time they take over the franchise full time.

reload a checkpoint and begin flying around near Wonder Tower. it'll activate, eventually....

I had zero issues or glitches with Cold, Cold Heart. I love Mr. Freeze and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got every achievement.

As much as I love Batman, I hope after Arkham Knight they retire this series.

RJK
05-11-2014, 08:57 PM
reload a checkpoint and begin flying around near Wonder Tower. it'll activate, eventually....

I had zero issues or glitches with Cold, Cold Heart. I love Mr. Freeze and thoroughly enjoyed it. Got every achievement.

As much as I love Batman, I hope after Arkham Knight they retire this series.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I had one freeze (no pun intended) during the DLC. Of course it happened at the end and I thought I was going to lose my data but I didn't.

I see no chance of WB Games retiring the Batman franchise. Maybe they can start a different Batman series so they can start fresh. Just retire the Arkham franchise.

thelastdisciple
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Oh man Origins sure was glitchy huh? haha i was at a predator scene and after i took out one of the armed goons by way of inverted takedown the rest of the goons came running to check out his corpse and they all ended up clustered together and stuck in a corner it was hilarious.

I also had some dudes get completely stuck inside of a wall spinning around doing 360s. So messed up.

Tony Gordon
05-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Did anyone care for the handheld spin off of Arkham Origins? The Blackgate game. I've been playing it extensively for the past week and I've had a lot of fun with it. It's basically Metroidvania with Batman. The combat is a little sludgy, but overall I think it's a good game. Lots and lots of exploring to do!

thelastdisciple
05-17-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure if this was touched on but in Origins was anyone getting tired of all the subliminal mocking toward the player?

There were a few occasions where the characters are trying to "tell" you something, for instance after you get the second last Penguin arms cache, Barbara says something like "We're actually getting stuff done and my Dad thinks I'm just sitting in his office texting and watching TV. If only he knew."

Hardy har har.....

There were other similar things said in different situations but it's like ok... i get it...... you don't have to tell me, I've been sitting on my ass playing a video game for 4 hours doing repetitive and pointless side missions that are getting me nowhere in life.., what else is new?

october_midnight
05-21-2014, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BhzQJDGtSo

Mr. Blaileen
05-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Ugh...that looks awesome. I'm going to have to pony up and get a next-gen system so I can play this and the new Assassin's Creed game.

Space Suicide
05-22-2014, 12:26 PM
"Gameplay Trailer"

Nice CGI cutscenes. I think I might've seen about 3 snippets of actual gameplay footage that's believable.

Either way, cannot wait!

kdrcraig
06-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Arkham Knight has been delayed to 2015

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/03/batman-arkham-knight-delayed-until-2015

Piko
06-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Takes balls to delay a game. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Wretchedest
06-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Ok: this is going to be the worst gaming year in a long time. Not saying much: the last 3 are in the running for the best ever. But looks like awesome games are taking a break in lieu of familiarity and a coy game of next gen chicken. So disappointing.

Of course, this bodes well for the quality of the game.

october_midnight
06-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm so stoked that they're delaying these games to be honest...choosing to follow their vote for quality over the self-entitled whining turds on social media. Sucks that it's delayed, but I think it's to be expected at the beginning of any new console generation's cycle.

Space Suicide
06-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Besides Destiny, this a was the one and only game for this year I was actually very interested in.

As for quality, I doubt it'll matter too much for improving the quality with this delay. Watch_Dogs was delayed and I've ran into a few glitches and issues.

I'm sure Arkham Knight will suffer from some.

Oh well.

Wretchedest
06-03-2014, 01:43 PM
In light of it's current quality, I'm sure if Watch Dogs had not been delayed I would have just fucking returned it. It is barely passable. But Watch Dogs is an Ubisoft franchise, and Ubisoft are the KINGS of half assing video games.

Rocksteady are a 2/2 when it comes to designing good Batman games, so I'm still confident, especially without the "cross-gen" monicker to haunt this one. I'm just a little disappointed, because there's nothing else to look forward to this year. I guess there's smash bros...

october_midnight
09-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Arkham Knight now streets June 2, 2015. Womp womp...

Also, special editions!

http://i2.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BAKBatmanStatue.jpg?fit=665%2C550

http://i2.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BAKBatmobileEdition.jpg?fit=665%2C550

http://i2.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BeTheBatman060215.jpg?fit=665%2C550

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Limited Edition for me, that Batman statue is too nice not to grab.

october_midnight
09-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Me too, just got back from paying it off. Only $99.99 so definitely worth it. The Batmobile one is $199.99 which I found odd...was going to get that one, but dropping 10K or so on a car within the next few weeks is leading me to pinch the pennies a bit.

Space Suicide
09-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Me too, just got back from paying it off. Only $99.99 so definitely worth it. The Batmobile one is $199.99 which I found odd...was going to get that one, but dropping 10K or so on a car within the next few weeks is leading me to pinch the pennies a bit.

Real car > Statue of fictional car

october_midnight
09-09-2014, 09:57 AM
real car > statue of fictional car

But the batmobile, man.

dlb
09-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I did some googling but couldn't find anything... since I'm a huge fan of the Frank Miller design I wanted to ask if there is some kind of mod that lets you play as that costume in the other games aswel apart from Akrham Cityl?

thelastdisciple
11-24-2014, 09:41 AM
http://youtu.be/KTi8zjdzK7c

Swooooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

october_midnight
11-24-2014, 11:08 AM
And more John Noble as Scarecrow! Fuck yeah.

Space Suicide
11-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Seen this earlier on IGN.

NEED/WANT!

october_midnight
12-01-2014, 01:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJk86BABq7Y

nvr_mind
12-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Fuck I am so excited for this. This is the game that I will be getting a PS4 for.

october_midnight
12-06-2014, 01:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLgEXqZ6MY0&feature=youtu.be&a

Wretchedest
12-07-2014, 06:16 AM
One thing I'm noticing in this new generation of games: photo-realistic graphics mean that facial capture is going to make or break the realism of a game. Faces that look like real people but move like weird robots are the freaky present reality of some of the latest games. This looks like no exception.

BenAkenobi
12-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Oh, must be so annoying in a game based on comicbooks, right?

BenAkenobi
01-05-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm confused after playing Origins.
Watched credit rolls for like twenty minutes, found all Riddler's stashes, beat every bad guy and still 44% complete?
Maybe a handful of upgrades are unused but it shouldn't show more than half of game still ahead, right?

RJK
01-05-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm confused after playing Origins.
Watched credit rolls for like twenty minutes, found all Riddler's stashes, beat every bad guy and still 44% complete?
Maybe a handful of upgrades are unused but it shouldn't show more than half of game still ahead, right?

For the main save file the completion percentage includes challenge maps.

october_midnight
02-25-2015, 10:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpXUIh7rlWI

Jinsai
02-25-2015, 11:18 AM
new trailer is amazing... the news that WB is supporting Rocksteady in accepting an M rating for a Batman video game... why did they have to delay this.

Space Suicide
02-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Love it. can't wait. Grrrrr.

october_midnight
03-23-2015, 09:19 AM
Sick new gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpfytI2K7-I

Bear in mind, it's probably to smooth over the announcement that the game's been delayed again until June 23rd.

Conan The Barbarian
03-23-2015, 10:54 AM
That looks great. Any reason on why the delay?

october_midnight
03-23-2015, 11:35 AM
That looks great. Any reason on why the delay?

Not sure, but I'm sure the only reason ever given will be the usual 'polish'...the official Rocksteady announcement is pretty much just that...

“We’re a developer that hates to make any compromises, so we are sorry to say this means it’s going to be just a little bit longer until you can play the epic conclusion to the Arkham trilogy. As a reward for your patience and understanding, and to make the wait even more unbearable, we are pleased to whet your appetite with a new gameplay video of Batman: Arkham Knight.
“Thanks so much from everyone at Rocksteady for your continued support. We are working as hard as we can to make you proud.”

Tums206_BFY
03-23-2015, 11:55 AM
There is several sites also reporting that the first two games of the series are being remastered for a bundle release, though many have said that it won't be out until the holiday season. This delay gives me time to catch up and the game looks amazing btw!

Space Suicide
03-24-2015, 05:36 PM
June 23rd it is now. Fine by me, we'll finally have an amazing game released for the summer time. Not to mention the old wallet will be full after my expensive MKX purchase a month and a half prior.

october_midnight
04-27-2015, 09:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sANFwE4KkT4

Conan The Barbarian
04-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Give this to me already!!!!?

october_midnight
04-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Season Pass is $39.99, premium editions are $99.99 (incl. game and pass). I can't find out if the ltd. editions come with the pass as well, I've already paid off the statue version, would be nice to not have to shell out another 40 bucks.

RJK
04-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Season Pass is $39.99, premium editions are $99.99 (incl. game and pass). I can't find out if the ltd. editions come with the pass as well, I've already paid off the statue version, would be nice to not have to shell out another 40 bucks.

I'm curious if this will include the Red Hood dlc which is Gamestop exclusive at launch.

After paying $200 for the special edition I hope I don't have to pay another $40 but I doubt it.

october_midnight
04-28-2015, 11:57 AM
Yeah looks like the collector's editions have skin packs, etc. (big whoop) but no included Season Pass. Oh well, it's just $40, but it would've been nice to toss the pass in those editions as well lol.

Space Suicide
04-28-2015, 01:59 PM
$39.99 for a season pass. EXTREMELY disappointed in hearing that. This game is going to be so super massively expensive due to that now.

Jinsai
04-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Yeah looks like the collector's editions have skin packs, etc. (big whoop) but no included Season Pass. Oh well, it's just $40, but it would've been nice to toss the pass in those editions as well lol.

Warner Bros are getting evil with all this gouging. If you're paying 200 bucks for a special edition, that version should come with all the digital content that will ever come out for it, and they should not ask you for another dime.

Piko
04-28-2015, 02:48 PM
As long as people buy it, it'll continue being a thing

Conan The Barbarian
04-28-2015, 11:16 PM
Warner Bros are getting evil with all this gouging. If you're paying 200 bucks for a special edition, that version should come with all the digital content that will ever come out for it, and they should not ask you for another dime.

The price tag is mostly due to the highly detailed limited batmobile. Its shitty I know, but at least you got something to brag about.

Thiah
04-29-2015, 01:40 AM
$39.99 for a season pass? When I first saw that price I immediately thought of Destiny because it also had a ridiculous price tag on their dlc. It was $34.99. $40 is very steep for a season pass. The only way that price would be justified in many gamers eyes is if all the dlc was added on (my opinion)
- Side stories to the main game that adds 15 hours of story and gameplay. You can keep your skins and give us that.
- Maybe throw in different playable characters with the diff. dlc stories.
- Another awesome idea would be alternate bat mobiles than the only one in the game. (Assuming there is only one of course)

This game is obviously a MUST buy for a huge majority of gamers and I hope the reasoning for the price tag doesn't reflect that knowledge but it probably does.

thelastdisciple
05-02-2015, 10:48 PM
DLC details (even more as development moves along apparently)

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

All this is awesome but I think I'm still going to wait for a complete edition however long that will take.

Space Suicide
05-03-2015, 01:10 PM
A lot of great stuff even though I'm sick to death of Challenge Map DLC and I don't give two shits about Batmobile tracks.

It's still steep for $40.00 ugh.

Piko
05-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Probably not going with the season pass. I'll pick and choose dlc as we go. Batgirl is probably a definite buy.

october_midnight
05-15-2015, 09:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_R2ptt7ibs

october_midnight
06-12-2015, 11:40 AM
My hype for this is pretty high right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jHY2QmTXo

kdrcraig
06-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Yeah I'm real excited for this, more than I have been for a game in a long time. The batmobile is gonna be awesome

Space Suicide
06-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm vastly excited for the game being only 2 weeks away. Can't say I'm excited or wanting to drive and deal with the Batmobile honestly.

RJK
06-13-2015, 12:29 PM
I have no desire to drive the batmobile. Still beyond stoked for this game and hopefully the first line of that trailer isn't a major spoiler.

Conan The Barbarian
06-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Woah, finally having the batmobile as part of your arsenal is bad ass. Imagine the combos. This game, I cannot wait.

I'm going to have to buy the regular disk version as my new store has cut my pay and all.

RJK
06-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Word from WB is that all the retailer exclusive preorder bonuses (including red hood dlc) will be available in the Season Pass once their exclusive time frame ends. No word on when that is.

Shadaloo
06-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Word is going around that the 200$+ Batmobile edition has been pulled and cancelled entirely due to QC issues with the Batmobile itself.

Gonna be tons of pissed off people out there...

october_midnight
06-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Word is going around that the 200$+ Batmobile edition has been pulled and cancelled entirely due to QC issues with the Batmobile itself.

Gonna be tons of pissed off people out there...

Damn, no shit. I'm seeing everything from QC to literally 'my friend at EB Games told me he received an internal email saying WB hasn't even gotten around to making the things yet'. Which would be insane, obviously. Hope my Batman statue edition is aight.

RJK
06-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Fuck I have the batmobile edition pre-ordered. Just placed an order on Walmart for the regular special edition. Hopefully I get it in time. Fuck fuck fuck.

I might just go preorder a regular copy of the game so I can play it on Tuesday.

Edit: the fact that there has been no actual word from Rocksteady or WB is totally fucked.

Tums206_BFY
06-19-2015, 01:38 PM
If anyone is interested in these kind of things, the reviews for the game have already started rolling out. It's getting pretty good reviews so far too.
IGN-9.2
Polygon-10
Game Informer-9.5
Game Spot-7