PDA

View Full Version : The Spiral

bgalbraith
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
13405-P!

I know The Spiral doesn't make as much sense now with no more touring and the focus on nin.com, but I want more exclusive swag! I've still got the membership card, patch, lyric poster, two shirts, and album flats (pack 2) lying around. I keep meaning to frame the poster/flats, but haven't got around to it...

MAD
12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I liked the idea, but damn, at that time I wasn't on my own money. I've been looking for a Spiral tshirt ever since.

slave2thewage
12-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Meet and greets/presales/good tickets. The only good things to come out of that black-clad cesspit.

JessicaSarahS
12-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I liked The Spiral's attempts at streaming live shows, even though it was all pixely. The idea was nice.

Callahan
12-03-2011, 01:34 AM
I still have the poster/card/flats and shirt, which I've never even worn. Haven't even hung up the poster either. I primarily got the membership to give me access to the pre-sales.

I did like the idea though! I feel like it could be executed much better today though.

nineismine
12-03-2011, 11:43 AM
13405-P!

I know The Spiral doesn't make as much sense now with no more touring and the focus on nin.com, but I want more exclusive swag! I've still got the membership card, patch, lyric poster, two shirts, and album flats (pack 2) lying around. I keep meaning to frame the poster/flats, but haven't got around to it...

They never even sent mine out :( Customer service was unhelpful. literally got ZERO for that membership...

konstantin
12-03-2011, 12:02 PM
the only good thing i got was going to a concert in DC and being able to spend 12 hours at the very front (had to show up at noon) totally dehidrated. some sleazebag was giving away water bottles only to girls who seemed promising for the backstage roadie party. no meet and greet at the 2 concerts i went to during the Spiral era (i know they never made hard promises on this one). think i was a member for 2 years.

october_midnight
12-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I liked the idea, but damn, at that time I wasn't on my own money. I've been looking for a Spiral tshirt ever since.

Were you on the old ETS? In the trading post thread I sold mine to literally anyone who made me an offer, sold it for $20.

sick among the pure
12-03-2011, 05:37 PM
the only good thing i got was going to a concert in DC and being able to spend 12 hours at the very front (had to show up at noon) totally dehidrated. some sleazebag was giving away water bottles only to girls who seemed promising for the backstage roadie party. no meet and greet at the 2 concerts i went to during the Spiral era (i know they never made hard promises on this one). think i was a member for 2 years.

Thanks to The Spiral, I got rail every show I went to. Sure, I never got a meet and greet, and I had to sit in line all day, but I had a great fucking time. I met some wonderful people in the Spiral line, including one of my best friends. I met some great people on the forums, too. Hell, at my first show, Trent came down at the end of Piggy and held my fucking hand. I never would have had the same experience, hell I probably wouldn't have gotten tickets to the shows I went to even, without The Spiral. I have the 2nd year shirt and flats, 1st year giant WT poster and membership card, and a lifetime of memories. Well worth the money.

cheddamash
12-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I too miss The Spiral, mainly the forum. The membership fee helped eliminate some of the riffraff, although not all of it by any means. I finally was able to frame the bigass poster about a year ago. Shit cost an arm and a leg, but it's well worth it. Oh memories.

Wretchedest
12-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh, man. The last time we talked about the Spiral thread, I was ranting about how it would never last and was kind of silly (as a true ninny, I joined anyway). It was so controversial! I actually got flood control that lasted like 5 years, ha!

In the end I feel like very little came of the Spiral. This could be because I didn't take as much advantage of it as I could have, or it could be because it really didn't last too long. Honestly, somewhere Leading up to Year Zero, I completely forgot it even existed. In fact, I feel like the craziness behind Year Zero's ARG may have distracted me from the death of it?

icklekitty
12-04-2011, 05:11 PM
But two hours ago a nightclub full of people were cooing over my Spiral card. It is deceptively 1337 thing.

MAD
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Were you on the old ETS? In the trading post thread I sold mine to literally anyone who made me an offer, sold it for $20.
Yeah, and I might have seen it. But I was too late.

Wretchedest
12-04-2011, 05:45 PM
But two hours ago a nightclub full of people were cooing over my Spiral card. It is deceptively 1337 thing.

I lost my card... and my shirt... :(

ManBurning
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I enjoyed the spiral. I still have my original spiral shirt, and always have the card in my wallet, haha.
I even finally got around to framing the mini-flats. I think I spent $250 custom framing them all, but damn do they look awesome.

I sold the other exclusive t-shirt, the one with the red spiral on half of the front, and half of the back, I never liked that design for some reason.

kel
12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
we got a 7-song soundcheck at the slc show in '05. maybe 15 of us. that was neat.

ubermensch
12-07-2011, 04:19 AM
I definitely miss the spiral. I met a lot of cool people the few times i camped out in line 10 hours for NIN. it was also cool being on the rail with the same people every show. with teeth summer tour 06 ftw!

Ritz_chef1
12-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Lyric sheet...framed:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/Ritz_Chef1/SprintPhoto_bttepc.jpg
Spiral Flats...framed at work:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/Ritz_Chef1/Picture-1.jpg
and at home (not all of them made it to the wall):
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/Ritz_Chef1/NIN015.jpg

bgalbraith
12-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Lyric sheet...framed:

Spiral Flats...framed at work:

and at home (not all of them made it to the wall)

Woah, where'd that Dead Souls one come from? Was it in on of the renewal sets? I really need to get mine framed, but I'm not sure how I want to do it or how/where to display them.

Ritz_chef1
12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Dead Souls is an actual album. When the picture was taken, not all the second set of Spiral flats made it to the wall.

To frame them, go to "Micheal's Craft Store" or "A.C. Moore Crafts" in the framing section you can get 12" X 12" frames for $5-$10. They also sell CD display frames and double vinyl frames.

ItsJustDave
12-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Dead Souls is an actual album.

If by "actual album" you mean bootleg vinyl including the tracks from quake then yeah.

sheepdean
12-29-2011, 01:09 AM
If by "actual album" you mean bootleg vinyl including the tracks from quake then yeah.
"Drive Her Down"

Ritz_chef1
12-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I guess I can see the confusion. I meant that there was an actual record in the frame, not just a cover and that it was NOT a Spiral flat. It just happened to be hanging on the same wall. I know it's a bootleg. It's one of 2 12" bootlegs that I own. The other is an orange vinyl Downward Spiral.

slave2thewage
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM
"Drive Her Down"
That totally should be the title of the next NIN album.

Jadezuki
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I just realized I never got the second Spiral shirt. *shakes fist* I do still have the first one around here somewhere. I always liked the thin, long fit of it - it was pretty flattering for a t-shirt.

I think I also still have my Spiral card in my wallet. Well, it's pretty.

jmtd
01-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Did anyone go to the trouble of archiving the spiral's private content? I'd love to peruse it.

Beta
01-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Did anyone go to the trouble of archiving the spiral's private content? I'd love to peruse it.

thanks to bwary for making this:
and i wish you happy surfing..
http://www.portraitofdecay.com/www.nin-thespiral.com/ (leave login fields blank and just hit LOGIN)
http://www.portraitofdecay.com/forums.nin-thespiral.com/

and another page which archived trent's and rob's posts:
http://trent-reznor.narod.ru/the_spiral.html

jmtd
01-07-2012, 05:32 AM

Those are flat out amazing, thanks to Bwary, yourself and all!

ManBurning
01-08-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.portraitofdecay.com/www.nin-thespiral.com/ (leave login fields blank and just hit LOGIN)
http://www.portraitofdecay.com/forums.nin-thespiral.com/

and another page which archived trent's and rob's posts:
http://trent-reznor.narod.ru/the_spiral.html

Thanks A Million for this!
I thought those spiral tour videos would never see the light of day again, I had them all on my old hard drive, and it bit the dust pretty hard.

When it comes to the fans, you know you can always count on someone having archived everything this band has ever put out. That's what's great about the NIN community.