PDA

View Full Version : Gone Girl (2014)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Charmingly Miserable
09-28-2014, 08:18 PM
I can't get enough of Like Home. It reminds me of Ally's Basta from Forse 1.

NINisamazing
09-28-2014, 09:01 PM
So far, I think its by far their best score. I am listening to the stream on npr.

Trent's paino work on one of the first songs (I dont know) was incredibly beautiful.

Ok, its "just like you."

Sorry, I know it was on the sampler. i have been out of the loop as of late. Busy..

Prettybrokenspiral
09-28-2014, 09:06 PM
So just fucken buy it when it's out?

Also: http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Soundtrack-Motion-Picture/dp/B00NUPTUHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411951400&sr=8-1&keywords=gone+girl+soundtrack

Thanks. I tried that link already. No pre-order option. Amazon or ITunes will let me access it straight to my phone.

It's new Trent music. I want to hear it as soon as possible, without resorting to a shitty stream rip. Hence my testiness on the issue.

sheepdean
09-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks. I tried that link already. No pre-order option. Amazon or ITunes will let me access it straight to my phone.

It's new Trent music. I want to hear it as soon as possible, without resorting to a shitty stream rip. Hence my testiness on the issue.
If you preorder it from nin.com, you get it on the day in FLAC, how is that not the best option?

NINisamazing
09-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I really like this ST. I am in love..

Prettybrokenspiral
09-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Will it download straight to my smartphone if I buy it from the site? It's fine if I just want to sit there and listen to it on my computer, but I'm a man on the move most days.

Also, isn't buying it from the site supporting Modlife? Yea, not happening.

NINisamazing
09-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Play piano more....:(

butter_hole
09-28-2014, 10:21 PM

So just buy it... on the day.

thevoid99
09-28-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm listening to it right now and.... HOLY FUCK!!! I think this is better than both of their soundtracks. I like some of the guitars they put in as well as the orchestration of it. Some of it is extremely moving and dark.

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Will it download straight to my smartphone if I buy it from the site? It's fine if I just want to sit there and listen to it on my computer, but I'm a man on the move most days.

Also, isn't buying it from the site supporting Modlife? Yea, not happening.
#firstworldproblems

Alexandros
09-29-2014, 01:52 AM
Nice stuff so far. On first listen it is quite distinctive from both TSN and TGWTDT. I agree with most people that it seems to be located somewhere between the two. Of course this comes from a first, incomplete listen in the office, but my first impression is positive. Some tracks certainly stand out (as in either kickass or haunting), but it's a cool soundtrack overall.

jmtd
09-29-2014, 03:12 AM
I hope not, it's probably a rip from Spotify, anyway it says "webdl" so it's a rip

It didn't on the one I grabbed.

Prettybrokenspiral
09-29-2014, 03:20 AM
So just buy it... on the day.

Thanks for your blessing! I was totally on the fence about purchasing this until you came along.

arsenic
09-29-2014, 03:41 AM
I'm at Zurich Film Festival. My screening is in 8 hours but I have a friend (who's also a film critic) attending to the press screening as I am writing. I'll post my impressions later today (but I won't spoil I promise). Also there isn't much to add since I'm sure almost everyone on this message board has already listened to the score :)

nothing8
09-29-2014, 05:26 AM

If you have an Android phone you shouldn't have a problem downloading it to your phone. Only problem would be if you download it in anything other than mp3, then you'll have to either find an app that plays other file types (not sure if such an app exists, would be cool though) or just deal with the mp3 files and go all HQ when you're at a computer.

Prettybrokenspiral
09-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Yea, I'm stuck with an iPhone 5 until January. Hence my desire for MP3 right now. I can get the FLAC files for my computer anytime; I usually do once they're widely available.

I'm just going to do like that one guy suggested and download it day of release. Something to look forward to :)

botley
09-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Yea, I'm stuck with an iPhone 5 until January. Hence my desire for MP3 right now. I can get the FLAC files for my computer anytime; I usually do once they're widely available.

I'm just going to do like that one guy suggested and download it day of release. Something to look forward to :)

Rarely if ever do platforms like Modlife allow you to direct-download MP3s, you'll probably get a temporary link to a single ZIP file with the files on release day.

PS there is an iOS app, called CanOpener, which handles FLAC very well!

talkingnothing
09-29-2014, 09:47 AM
hope this is ok to post..
http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Trent-Reznor-Atticus/dp/B00O0MBSH8/ref=sr_1_3_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1412001663&sr=1-3&keywords=Trent+Reznor+and+Atticus+Ross

looks like 11/24 cd release. 11.99 for cd sounds good to me. not sure if it will have auto rip available before cd release if you preorder.

feel free to delete my post if this link or info is not ok to put here.

jmtd
09-29-2014, 09:47 AM
I doubt there'll be any, TGWTDT's were announced in advance - and they sold AWFULLY. There's still many left don't forget. And TSN had none, the three options were CD/Vinyl/BD-A

I think they still have TGWTDT deluxe in stock. TBH I think they sold badly because they were bad value. You got a lot less than the top-whack Ghosts DE cost for the same bux.

Goes without saying almost but no physical stock in local HMV today.

jessamineny
09-29-2014, 10:31 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Trent-Reznor-Atticus/dp/B00O0MBSH8/ref=sr_1_3_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1412001663&sr=1-3&keywords=Trent+Reznor+and+Atticus+Ross

looks like 11/24 cd release. 11.99 for cd sounds good to me. not sure if it will have auto rip available before cd release if you preorder.

Oh good lord. Amazon says (http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Vinyl-Trent-Reznor-Atticus/dp/B00O0MBU0I/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1412004588&sr=1-5&keywords=gone+girl) the vinyl will be released Jan. 20, 2015.

onthewall2983
09-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Sony is probably not making it a priority release because Fincher's problems with Columbia, if I were to guess.

gorast
09-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Are Amazon's dates usually accurate for things like that? I don't want to wait until January for my Gone Girl CD since it's stuck in a bundle with the vinyl...

I'm excited to have the soundtrack tonight, though. Does Modlife run on Pacific Time? I can't quite remember.

sheepdean
09-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Are Amazon's dates usually accurate for things like that? I don't want to wait until January for my Gone Girl CD since it's stuck in a bundle with the vinyl...

I'm excited to have the soundtrack tonight, though. Does Modlife run on Pacific Time? I can't quite remember.
Usually they're right (and often that's to the annoyance of artists who didn't want a date out). And Modlife run by the artist's time, so, Trent time.

snaapz
09-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Stringy! (Long & Short)

perceptionnexus
09-29-2014, 12:26 PM

No kidding, with amazon prime it came out to less than half the cost of buying through modlife, of course the autorip option may not be available while waiting for the end of November. On the other hand, late autumn is usually a good time imo to listen to a lot of ambient soundtrack-y stuff. I haven't heard the full album yet, just the sampler. Waiting to hear new TR music is a futile effort though, who am i kidding......

eversonpoe
09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Usually they're right (and often that's to the annoyance of artists who didn't want a date out). And Modlife run by the artist's time, so, Trent time.

"we'll need those links to go up at midnight, Trent Daylight Time"

HurtinMinorKey
09-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Sony is probably not making it a priority release because Fincher's problems with Columbia, if I were to guess.

What problems are you talking about?

Lastentrance
09-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Anyone recall hearing any of the soundtrack from pre-music at live shows? Certain tracks are ringing bells but not sure...

onthewall2983
09-29-2014, 03:26 PM
What problems are you talking about?

I think there was some kerfuffle over the proposed budget for the sequel to Dragon Tattoo as well as the Steve Jobs biopic that never got off the ground. It could be just as well that Gone Girl is with another studio not affiliated with Sony.

butter_hole
09-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your blessing! I was totally on the fence about purchasing this until you came along.
Thats okay. if you want to pm me i wrote a poem about you last night... its titled... 'my journey'

ethan829
09-29-2014, 06:07 PM
In the past have download links been sent out around midnight or later in the day?

jessamineny
09-29-2014, 06:18 PM
In the past have download links been sent out around midnight or later in the day?

3 a.m. EST (midnight Pacific)

bgalbraith
09-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Looking back, I got the notices from Modlife for downloading Hesitation Marks around 18:00 UTC and for Welcome Oblivion around 23:15 UTC. So who knows.

r_k_f
09-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Love this soundtrack... A bit surprised to hear some recycled sounds but they all work well. I just ripped individual tracks from youtube so at least now I'll be able to tell what's what.. I listened to the NPR stream at least once a day since since it was released..

sheepdean
09-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Trent chats about Gone Girl, steals Atticus' outfit http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/watch-how-composer-reznor-collaborates-with-fincher-on-gone-girl-20140928

GoodSoldier333
09-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Does "Appearances" not sound like it's something from Super Mario 64? Chilling.

pinata89
09-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Why isn't ninwiki.com ever working correctly?:(

richardp
09-29-2014, 10:09 PM
Just saw the film, and the score is even more chilling sounding within context of the film. Much like I suspected Technically, Missing is used for the story's most important montage sequence, and it's pretty fucking awesome.

The movie itself was great and EXTREMELY close to the book itself, so whatever you loved or didn't like about the book, will be the exact same things you like or don't like about the movie.

Bloomy1992
09-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Just saw the film, and the score is even more chilling sounding within context of the film. Much like I suspected Technically, Missing is used for the story's most important montage sequence, and it's pretty fucking awesome.

The movie itself was great and EXTREMELY close to the book itself, so whatever you loved or didn't like about the book, will be the exact same things you like or don't like about the movie.

what other tracks did you notice in the film? were there a lot of tracks on the OST that weren't in the film?

richardp
09-29-2014, 11:21 PM
what other tracks did you notice in the film? were there a lot of tracks on the OST that weren't in the film?

For the most part everything was used, I think. Some tracks were used for merely seconds, but quite a few were used in full. Honestly, one of the most effective moments in the film soundtrack wise, is the scene that Consummation/ the hidden track is used in. Definitely even more unsettling and cringeworthy than the "Floor Buffer" track/scene from Dragon Tattoo. I can't get that scene out of my head, honestly.

Charmingly Miserable
09-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Trent chats about Gone Girl, steals Atticus' outfit http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/watch-how-composer-reznor-collaborates-with-fincher-on-gone-girl-20140928
When the woman mentions TGWTDT, Trent kinda dismisses it. I wonder why.

Bloomy1992
09-29-2014, 11:28 PM
For the most part everything was used, I think. Some tracks were used for merely seconds, but quite a few were used in full. Honestly, one of the most effective moments in the film soundtrack wise, is the scene that Consummation/ the hidden track is used in. Definitely even more unsettling and cringeworthy than the "Floor Buffer" track/scene from Dragon Tattoo. I can't get that scene out of my head, honestly.

From reading the book i can kinda guess what scene consummation is used in. Is the track "Just Like You" used? The end to that track is some of the most beautiful stuff trent has ever put out imo.

zeegrizzle
09-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Does "Appearances" not sound like it's something from Super Mario 64? Chilling.

Wow. I thought the same exact thing.

richardp
09-29-2014, 11:37 PM
From reading the book i can kinda guess what scene consummation is used in. Is the track "Just Like You" used? The end to that track is some of the most beautiful stuff trent has ever put out imo.

Yep Consummation is the scene you're thinking about and it's 3x as graphic as it was in the book.

Also, yes Just Like You is used really early on and the first half is used predominantly while the second half is background piano music for a dinner scene at an Amazing Amy book release party.

BRoswell
09-29-2014, 11:37 PM
When the woman mentions TGWTDT, Trent kinda dismisses it. I wonder why.

Probably cause there's not a whole lot to say beyond what he was already talking about. He also doesn't talk about Gone Girl all that much when you think about it. He talks about using an orchestra and the mood they wanted to set, but the whole interview seemed to be more about their process when doing a score.

It's always interesting to hear about what kind of new gear Trent has been playing with. That instrument he was describing sounds intriguing.

butter_hole
09-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Looking forward to a pdf with the download!

Corona Radiata
09-30-2014, 01:40 AM
I immediately thought it sounded like Robin was playing on Technically, Missing.

I want the album credits for this shit.

howdidislipinto
09-30-2014, 02:20 AM
Refreshing my order page like a nerd instead of doing my shitload of homework. Anyone else hoping for the download tonight?

Lerxto
09-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Refreshing my order page like a nerd instead of doing my shitload of homework. Anyone else hoping for the download tonight?
Exactly what I'm doing right now. It is up on iTunes and everywhere but nin.com.

gorast
09-30-2014, 02:32 AM
I believe this happened with Dragon Tattoo as well - staggered release through nin.com, took hours for everyone to get it. I'm not quite sure if I'm remembering that right, though.

If it's not out in the next half hour, I'm just downloading it tomorrow.

butter_hole
09-30-2014, 02:51 AM
I recall getting my Dragon Tattoo files at like two PM LA time.

sheepdean
09-30-2014, 02:56 AM
I believe this happened with Dragon Tattoo as well - staggered release through nin.com, took hours for everyone to get it. I'm not quite sure if I'm remembering that right, though.

If it's not out in the next half hour, I'm just downloading it tomorrow.
"Staggered release" = modlife sucks balls at prompt content delivery

thetourist
09-30-2014, 03:06 AM
Yes, the term 'SOON' is just too important when it comes to any release from the NIN camp.

Next time we all should record those preview streams that are all over the place instead of a pre-order with no benefit at all.

Come on, MODLIFE, please don't wait till its Tuesday 30rd of September on Hawaii!

howdidislipinto
09-30-2014, 03:08 AM
I believe this happened with Dragon Tattoo as well - staggered release through nin.com, took hours for everyone to get it.

Now that you mention it, I recall that being the case too. I only just pre-ordered like 5 hours ago, so if it's staggered according to purchase time I'm definitely fucked for a while. Oh well.

sheepdean
09-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Yes, the term 'SOON' is just too important when it comes to any release from the NIN camp.

Next time we all should record those preview streams that are all over the place instead of a pre-order with no benefit at all.

Come on, MODLIFE, please don't wait till its Tuesday 30rd of September on Hawaii!
Er, the pre-order from nin.com gives you the lossless files unavailable elsewhere, how is that not a benefit?

arsenic
09-30-2014, 04:19 AM
let me add that some tracks were slightly different from the streaming on npr, someone will have to find the FYC CDs.
I enjoyed the movie, although a bit let down by the mix but that was likely due to the fact that I was sitting at the back of the cinema.
Also I'm not sure that all tracks were used.

jrdsctt
09-30-2014, 04:54 AM
I didn't listen to the stream on NPR, so I am 5 tracks in listening to it on Spotify for the first time. I gotta say I find it very refreshing. It's nice to hear a new sound from TR+AR, not that I have anything against what they usually do. I feel like they were falling into a pattern, but this is new take for them. Me gusta so far.

thetourist
09-30-2014, 04:54 AM
Oh, totally forgot about those shiny lossless files.

Er, the pre-order from nin.com gives you the lossless files unavailable elsewhere, how is that not a benefit?

piggies_pinion
09-30-2014, 05:03 AM
Fincher BBC interview on October 5th about the music in his films.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ksdx3

sheepdean
09-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Fincher BBC interview on October 5th about the music in his films.

Ooh, Radio 6, it'll actually be good

Corona Radiata
09-30-2014, 05:42 AM
So are we going to have to wait for the physical release to get a look at the album credits/notes?

jrdsctt
09-30-2014, 05:47 AM
So are we going to have to wait for the physical release to get a look at the album credits/notes?

I am assuming Sheepdean will find a way to get a hold of them prior to anyone getting their physical copies.

martin_b
09-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Finally, I can download it... :-)

(I have ordered Girl Gone today around 8:30 CEST)

Lerxto
09-30-2014, 06:02 AM
I can download it now, too. After 7 hours of wait! It also says 'FLAC available shortly'.

simonn
09-30-2014, 06:43 AM
I immediately thought it sounded like Robin was playing on Technically, Missing.

I want the album credits for this shit.

I know I'm setting myself up for a Sheepdean style fall here (only joking!!), but I'll be amazed if there is mention of anyone other than TR/AR as regards musical instruments played. Don't really think there's going to be any big surprises if a pdf comes through.....

BenAkenobi
09-30-2014, 06:44 AM
I am assuming Sheepdean will find a way to get a hold of them prior to anyone getting their physical copies.
Sorry to disappoint you, but while Sheepdean's known for wiki'ing and archiving stuff, his sources are the same as everyone's, he's not an insider of any kind.

r_k_f
09-30-2014, 06:48 AM
Ben Affleck was on Fallon last night and they actually brought up the score... Fallon was like "oh and who did the music again? it was awesome, oh yeah thats right Trent Reznor... it was creepy and made me wanna vomit.. it was awesome.." lol

side note: when was the last time the star of a film was on a talk show and they brought up the film score?

Nice, it's up on Beats too.... another 24 songs to add to my NINstrumentals playlist... perrrrrrfect.

sheepdean
09-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but while Sheepdean's known for wiki'ing and archiving stuff, his sources are the same as everyone's, he's not an insider of any kind.
Ssh you'll ruin my mystique

ethan829
09-30-2014, 07:19 AM
So is this not Null 3 since it's released through Columbia? I'm going to die a little inside every time I see it next to Null 1 and 2.

sheepdean
09-30-2014, 07:20 AM
So is this not Null 3 since it's released through Columbia? I'm going to die a little inside every time I see it next to Null 1 and 2.
I've not seen the cat. number on any release thus far, does the nin.com digital not come with one in the metadata?

ethan829
09-30-2014, 07:26 AM
I've not seen the cat. number on any release thus far, does the nin.com digital not come with one in the metadata?

Just downloaded the Apple Lossless files and there was no .pdf included. No mention of a Null number in the metadata either.

sheepdean
09-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Whilst I don't use the service, I'm surprised that iTunes doesn't have the catalogue number for releases. We'll see in November when the CD comes out if there's no PDF I guess

Billy-Bumbler
09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Is there anything different on the actual release from the streaming version?

NPR's was marked 1:56:55 or something similar, and the release version is 1:59:51. I didn't time out the stream when I listened to it.

r_k_f
09-30-2014, 08:02 AM
So what subtly, or not so subtly, reminds you of what? Not that I have an issue with any of this.

Perpetual - Closer/The Downward Spiral (piano melody)
Technically, Missing - Black Ops Theme
Just Like You - A Warm Place
Clue One - Ghosts 6
Clue Two - The Frail (remix)

probably missing some..

Lerxto
09-30-2014, 08:02 AM
Is there anything different on the actual release from the streaming version?

NPR's was marked 1:56:55 or something similar, and the release version is 1:59:51. I didn't time out the stream when I listened to it.
Mine is exactly the same: 1:26:58. Maybe you included the soundcloud sampler or whatever.

Billy-Bumbler
09-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Mine is exactly the same: 1:26:58. Maybe you included the soundcloud sampler or whatever.

Then Beats is probably wrong. It has the length marked as 1:29:51.

Omega
09-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Got my dl, very cool:).

jhulud
09-30-2014, 08:50 AM
Got my dl, very cool:).

Ditto. I have to wait til I get home from work to download and listen. What format do y'all usually prefer and why? I essentially keep w/ MP3 since it's easier and more convenient. But always curious as to the other formats and why they'd be preferred over.

Lerxto
09-30-2014, 08:58 AM
The noise at 10:26 mark in 'At Risk', is it intended? I think it is, but not sure...

Billy-Bumbler
09-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Then Beats is probably wrong. It has the length marked as 1:29:51.

Beats is 86:40, iTunes is 86:44. They need to fix the length on the summaries.

GoodSoldier333
09-30-2014, 09:35 AM
What's funny about that Jimmy Fallon interview is that they almost whiffed on Atticus again. Which I know makes Sheepdean very, very upset.

r_k_f
09-30-2014, 09:43 AM
What's funny about that Jimmy Fallon interview is that they almost whiffed on Atticus again. Which I know makes Sheepdean very, very upset. What do you mean almost? They didn't mention his name did they? I thought they didn't...

GoodSoldier333
09-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Ben Affleck squeezed Atticus in there at the end.

eversonpoe
09-30-2014, 10:06 AM
downloaded this morning and started listening on the train. i'm about halfway through and i'm loving it.

my first thought was "trent and atticus have been listening to a lot of clint mansell's scores...they should all collaborate on something..." followed by "they've also been listening to a lot of boards of canada...and rachel's."

so i'm hearing a lot of influence from groups/artists that i like a lot, as well as T&A's usual style (but still a forward progression of it). like slave2thewage said, all the analog pads are gorgeous and lush, it's really nice to hear that kind of sound balanced with the live orchestration.

do you think that the four minute silence in "at risk" will be pressed into the vinyl...or will we get a locked groove?

Rdm
09-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Listening for the first time. laying in my bed listening with my sennheiser headphones :D.

gorast
09-30-2014, 11:04 AM
No PDF? Lame.

At least the CD will have some info.

laci
09-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Amazon.com says the vinyl will be released on January 20, 2015. WTF? Link (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O0MBU0I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_stTkub1ZSFW80)

GoodSoldier333
09-30-2014, 11:15 AM
In regards to somebody before hinting at Trent/Atticus/Clint Mansell collaborating on a score, initially this sounds like a really great and fun idea doesn't it? Especially given all parties are good friends. But then i thought about how Mansell essentially is tied to his computer programs for scoring and isn't a musician per say/doesn't really play any instruments (myself and Leviathant and maybe a few others from on here were at his NYC gig a couple of years ago and watched him play merely seconds of piano with his two index fingers while essentially being huddled behind his laptop and having an orchestra play his music). Maybe everything I just said might lead to trouble with the three in the studio. Or maybe Clint could take more of an Atticus role in the audio engineering cave. Just some food for thought.

Dra508
09-30-2014, 11:30 AM
http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

I'll have to go see the film for this music to make sense to me. Maybe I'll read the book and listen too.

thefragile_jake
09-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Man, Just Like You is still the only song that really interests me out of all 24 of these. Those last two minutes are beautiful and I think it would've been a nice change of pace if Trent released a whole collection of music like that. Beautiful stuff.

slave2thewage
09-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Hearing a LOT of positive feedback from friends that aren't huge NIN fans over this score. Here's hoping the boys get a second Oscar with this.

CRIMinal
09-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Trent talks with Rolling Stone about working with Fincher.
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/trent-reznor-gone-girl-score-interview-20140930

CRIMinal
09-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know where the break is going to be for the two discs? I would assume it would be 12 tracks for each disc, but...

Shadaloo
09-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Halfway through my first listen. In terms of atmospherics, this is one of the creepier things TR & AR have done. I love how things come and build up and out at you from the background. Almost feels like the Quake and TGWTDT OSTs had a kid who encapsulated everything wonderful about his parents (and whose cousin was The Fragile - damn I loved "Technically, Missing"). But that doesn't do it justice.

I think this is going to be my favorite T&A score. :D

r_k_f
09-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Man, Just Like You is still the only song that really interests me out of all 24 of these. Those last two minutes are beautiful and I think it would've been a nice change of pace if Trent released a whole collection of music like that. Beautiful stuff.
Agreed... It's unbelievably beautiful. I picture a reflection off a puddle on a cobblestone street during a sun shower in NYC circa 1960.. Shits deep.

m15a
09-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know where the break is going to be for the two discs? I would assume it would be 12 tracks for each disc, but...

Yes, 12 tracks each if it matches the vinyl (http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=283).

eversonpoe
09-30-2014, 03:57 PM
No..................

i took the time to write out what MY impression of it was, and rather than trying to have a discussion about it, you just completely shoot it down? you're going after bill in a different thread for essentially being a dick to people, but in this thread, you're being a dick. what's the deal? if you disagree with me, TALK about it. don't just respond like an immature jerk.

zecho
09-30-2014, 04:07 PM
"FLAC Available Shortly"

Did they not have time to convert it? Come on.

jmtd
09-30-2014, 04:09 PM
So amazon uk and iTunes uk want more money for less product, as I should have predicted, so nin.com get my moneys

jmtd
09-30-2014, 04:09 PM
"FLAC Available Shortly"

It still says that next to hesitation marks too (although hm flax is available)

Just grab the (Apple) lossless

talkingnothing
09-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Agreed... It's unbelievably beautiful. I picture a reflection off a puddle on a cobblestone street during a sun shower in NYC circa 1960.. Shits deep.

man, i don't understand this. you know how trent and fincher have been telling us all this stuff about how they were going for this artificial-muzak-spa-make-you-feel-like-everything's-ok sound? the second half of Just Like You is exactly that. seems to be getting a lot of love around here, but to me it's just some aimless benign tinkling. the first thing i thought of when i heard it is the piano playing that Zach Galifianakis does in some of his stand-up. i mean, i guess it's kind of pretty, but to me when trent and atticus want to make something pretty they really come up with some devastatingly pretty shit. i find "Background Noise" much better in that respect. definitely my favorite melody of this soundtrack.

reading my comment over, it sounds maybe a bit mean. not my intention to put down your opinions, just wanted to share mine. i think all this will work quite well in the context of the film too. hope i'm right.

(p.s., i came back to edit the spelling on Galifianakis, but i nailed it on the first try!)

WorzelG
09-30-2014, 04:33 PM
More photos of the recording process on tumblr

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/

Some people on NINs Facebook page don't seem to understand the concept of film scoring and think this is new NIN

thefragile_jake
09-30-2014, 04:47 PM
man, i don't understand this. you know how trent and fincher have been telling us all this stuff about how they were going for this artificial-muzak-spa-make-you-feel-like-everything's-ok sound? the second half of Just Like You is exactly that. seems to be getting a lot of love around here, but to me it's just some aimless benign tinkling. the first thing i thought of when i heard it is the piano playing that Zach Galifianakis does in some of his stand-up. i mean, i guess it's kind of pretty, but to me when trent and atticus want to make something pretty they really come up with some devastatingly pretty shit. i find "Background Noise" much better in that respect. definitely my favorite melody of this soundtrack.

reading my comment over, it sounds maybe a bit mean. not my intention to put down your opinions, just wanted to share mine. i think all this will work quite well in the context of the film too. hope i'm right.

(p.s., i came back to edit the spelling on Galifianakis, but i nailed it on the first try!)

Well....that's just like....your opinion man.

butter_hole
09-30-2014, 04:59 PM
"I just got off tour a couple weeks ago, and I've been tying up loose ends this the whole time. "

Fragile re-issue!

jrdsctt
09-30-2014, 05:43 PM

I was claiming he had insider knowledge at all. I was saying that he has just enough lack of life to spend the time to find out such things before anyone else.

jrdsctt
09-30-2014, 05:46 PM
So, when I downloaded the files off nin.com the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross", but for The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtracks the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross". This fucking drives me crazy.

Deadpool
09-30-2014, 05:48 PM
So, when I downloaded the files off nin.com the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross", but for The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtracks the artist is listed as "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross". This fucking drives me crazy.

Being a rabid last.fm scrobbler, and tag freak in general, this is a pet-peeve of mine, too. I plan on just changing the artist name to "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross."

butter_hole
09-30-2014, 06:06 PM
I like how literally the post above this is you saying sheepdean hasn't got a life.

gorast
09-30-2014, 06:10 PM

The cover even says "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross." It's a silly oversight.

GoodSoldier333
09-30-2014, 06:35 PM

Some people on NINs Facebook page don't seem to understand the concept of film scoring and think this is new NIN

Alan had a hand in this??

gorast
09-30-2014, 06:51 PM
The strings towards the end of Clue Two remind me of the Bridge School versions La Mer / Adrift and At Peace, particularly the main melody of the latter.

r_k_f
09-30-2014, 07:50 PM

Well, songs like 01 Ghosts I, and A Warm Place are among my favs... So naturally you can see why I'm drawn to Just Like You... It's just the way I'm wired I guess... I do agree Background noise is f-ing good..

Aywok
09-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Alan had a hand in this??

Looks like a glasses-less Alan Moulder to me. He did mix over half of the tracks for TGWTDT.

Which reminds me, there's no mixing credits for track 34 (TGWTDT) on ninwiki.

r_k_f
09-30-2014, 08:27 PM
The strings towards the end of Clue Two remind me of the Bridge School versions La Mer / Adrift and At Peace, particularly the main melody of the latter.
Or The Frail off "Things Fall Apart"

Prettybrokenspiral
09-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Already bought my tickets for opening night on Friday. Now I'm listening to the soundtrack while I power through the rest of the book.

It's groovy :eek:

Prettybrokenspiral
09-30-2014, 09:42 PM
"FLAC Available Shortly"

Oh the lolz @ this

I huffed and I puffed about the lack of an iTunes pre-order, when it turns out if my tantrum-tossing ass would have just gone to the "New Releases" page, it was sitting there available for purchase since the 26th, apparently.

I'll still take the time to gloat over sheepdeen telling me the FLAC would be available on the 30th, and then reading that it wasn't :eek:

richardp
09-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Did I for real read multiple people openly bitching and whining about the MP3 files being tagged as having a "&" between their names instead of "and"? Because it totally doesn't take you literally all of five seconds to change that yourself?

What the hell is wrong with some of you?

thevoid99
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm listening to the album again and my favorite track is "Like Home". Man, it sounds so devastating as it reminds me of some of score pieces that Angelo Badalamenti does for the films of David Lynch like Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me and Blue Velvet. It's so fucking good.

Charmingly Miserable
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM

Trent wearing a white shirt? Blasphemy!

BenAkenobi
09-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Blasphemy!
how 'bout white collared shirt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uc2PkUN6TMs

wizfan
09-30-2014, 11:28 PM
my first thought was "trent and atticus have been listening to a lot of clint mansell's scores...they should all collaborate on something..." followed by "they've also been listening to a lot of boards of canada...and rachel's."

Rachel's are frigging awesome. Some tracks off GG do have a certain Rachel's vibe to them, all right.

BRoswell
09-30-2014, 11:43 PM
Trent wearing a white shirt? Blasphemy!

how 'bout white collared shirt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uc2PkUN6TMs

And let's not forget White Jacket Trent from last year!

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3927/15221270078_324a8f25ab_z.jpg

Akahige
09-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Anyone know how to change the WAV files name in WinAmp, it just comes up as 2014 in the player as the artist name?

Nevermind, using Foobar to rename every single song.

Aywok
10-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Anyone know how to change the WAV files name in WinAmp, it just comes up as 2014 in the player as the artist name?

Nevermind, using Foobar to rename every single song.

I think that only saves the metadata info in the foobar internal database, and ends up "resetting" eventually.

Descriptive metadata is typically added to WAVs upon creation and cannot be easily modified.

Akahige
10-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Yeah I got the titles and artist name to come up in WinAmp after renaming in Foobar but not the album name, I just converted it to lossless for now.

wizfan
10-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Recent versions of Foobar can tag WAV files, but it is recommended to convert them to FLAC first and then tag them.

slopesandsam
10-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Is there a reason why the CD version on the nin.com store is not there anymore? I only see vinyl and digital options. Did it sell out? (It was there when I first looked a few days ago, but I didn't get around to pre-ordering then.)

sheepdean
10-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Is there a reason why the CD version on the nin.com store is not there anymore? I only see vinyl and digital options. Did it sell out? (It was there when I first looked a few days ago, but I didn't get around to pre-ordering then.)

..that is weird. The direct link to it goes to "product not found too". Maybe there was an error on the listing?

(and it's still on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O0MBSH8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00O0MBSH8&linkCode=as2&tag=theninhotli0a-20&linkId=MSF6OFQVR6FGHYIH )

sheepdean
10-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Noticed on the amazon vinyl listing:
"The package includes 2 LPs in a Gatefold Jacket, 180 gram vinyl, and includes a download card insert."
So, Amazon will still have FLAC download for people who are torn between no modlife and lossless

jrdsctt
10-01-2014, 04:40 AM
I like how literally the post above this is you saying sheepdean hasn't got a life.

It takes one to notice one, eh?

jrdsctt
10-01-2014, 04:45 AM
Did I for real read multiple people openly bitching and whining about the MP3 files being tagged as having a "&" between their names instead of "and"? Because it totally doesn't take you literally all of five seconds to change that yourself?

What the hell is wrong with some of you?

I am well aware that I have the ability to change an "&" into an "and". Some artist put a lot of thought and intent into how their names are listed on the media they put out, such as A Silver Mt. Zion (and all the different versions of their name). I guess I assumed Trent to be someone that put thought into such things and I thought I would share because I know others pay attention to such things as well.

Prettybrokenspiral
10-01-2014, 05:03 AM
I really don't know for certain, but something tells the life-long NIN fan in me that Trent and Atticus want the fans to interpret the meaning of the "&" (or the "and") in their band name however the hell they wish.

sheepdean
10-01-2014, 05:36 AM
Trent and Atticus aren't in charge of typing up the metadata I assure you, that's all tunecore

kevincwhitacre
10-01-2014, 08:20 AM
..that is weird. The direct link to it goes to "product not found too". Maybe there was an error on the listing?

(and it's still on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O0MBSH8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00O0MBSH8&linkCode=as2&tag=theninhotli0a-20&linkId=MSF6OFQVR6FGHYIH )

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't qualify for autorip on Amazon, so you won't get the digital download right away. It looks like CD buyers will have to dual purchase or wait for the actual CD, which apparently ships on November 24.

slopesandsam
10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't qualify for autorip on Amazon, so you won't get the digital download right away. It looks like CD buyers will have to dual purchase or wait for the actual CD, which apparently ships on November 24.

I swear that there was a "CD + digital download" option in the nin store a few days ago. I actually added it to my basket and had it ready to buy...but I was at work and got distracted by something and never got around to entering in my credit card details. I've been meaning to go back and buy it ever since, but now it's gone.

jessamineny
10-01-2014, 08:24 AM

That happened Saturday, too, and then it came back.

Prettybrokenspiral
10-01-2014, 08:40 AM
I bet it's Trent and Rob trolling us. The option is there, and then it vanishes. Comes back, then disappears again.

Maybe it's code for "Ghosts V-VIII" coming soon"

PhoenixML
10-01-2014, 09:04 AM
I don't think I would like another Ghosts (more precisely, another instrumental albums that is not a soundtrack to a movie). Ghosts served its purpose back then. Trent wanted to do this album/exercise ever since With Teeth (source somewhere in the faq). With 3 soundtracks, another Ghosts wouldn't make a lot of sense. Unless Trent really wants to be creative in a way that we haven't seen before. He can do what he wants, I'll buy it.

kevincwhitacre
10-01-2014, 09:39 AM
I swear that there was a "CD + digital download" option in the nin store a few days ago. I actually added it to my basket and had it ready to buy...but I was at work and got distracted by something and never got around to entering in my credit card details. I've been meaning to go back and buy it ever since, but now it's gone.

It definitely was. Now I'm kicking myself for not ordering it then.

valiantsteed
10-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I'm sure it will be back up. And if it's not, it's listed on Amazon for 11.98 (street date Nov 24th). It's a CD. Not like you won't be able to get your hands on it. For those who want the download now, and don't want to rip it illegally, and don't wan't to buy it twice, I guess it's an inconvenience. But otherwise I wouldn't be doing any kicking of yourself.

Anyone figure out if Echoes is on the score or if that was a unique piece of music that never made it?

richardp
10-01-2014, 11:19 AM
I am well aware that I have the ability to change an "&" into an "and". Some artist put a lot of thought and intent into how their names are listed on the media they put out, such as A Silver Mt. Zion (and all the different versions of their name). I guess I assumed Trent to be someone that put thought into such things and I thought I would share because I know others pay attention to such things as well.

well, I guess you're obviously going to have to quit supporting Trent Reznor now due to his blatant disregard for his own musical projects. He's clearly phoning it in at this point. And truly, how DARE he not consult the NIN fanbase regarding the metatags for the Gone Girl soundtrack. HOW DAAAAAAAARE HE.

http://media.giphy.com/media/6R6OhhjDhnT1K/giphy.gif

Merriweather
10-01-2014, 01:06 PM
While the & vs. and difference is kind of annoying, it's easily fixed. I'm wondering more why whoever is preparing the files continues to tag the mp3s with massive cover art. I think the cover art alone is adding 3MB to each mp3.

simonn
10-01-2014, 02:29 PM
So what subtly, or not so subtly, reminds you of what? Not that I have an issue with any of this.

Perpetual - Closer/The Downward Spiral (piano melody)
Technically, Missing - Black Ops Theme
Just Like You - A Warm Place
Clue One - Ghosts 6
Clue Two - The Frail (remix)

probably missing some..

I also get a heavy HTDA vibe from Perpetual - in the vein of We Fade Away and Too Late, All Gone.

Leviathant
10-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Consummation sounds very obviously like a descendant of the Quake soundtrack to me.

mfte
10-01-2014, 03:24 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/reznor-ross-gone-girl.jpg

jmtd
10-01-2014, 03:48 PM
The &/and thing is a minor annoyance, but it does have other implications. Play counts on social sites such as last fm will be wrong unless someone manually adds a rule there to rename one to the other. Artist recommendations will break. Nobody will ever agree on which is "right"'so there will be endless flame wars on wikis, music brainz, grace note, freedb, ets, etc. If you want a laugh see the quality of grace note data for "eno Hyde" releases

nothing8
10-01-2014, 04:20 PM

YES this is amazing. I can't stop looking at it, it's so freaky.

jrdsctt
10-01-2014, 04:57 PM
well, I guess you're obviously going to have to quit supporting Trent Reznor now due to his blatant disregard for his own musical projects. He's clearly phoning it in at this point. And truly, how DARE he not consult the NIN fanbase regarding the metatags for the Gone Girl soundtrack. HOW DAAAAAAAARE HE.

http://media.giphy.com/media/6R6OhhjDhnT1K/giphy.gif

You're right. Sorry for posting my opinions on the internet ya'll.

kevincwhitacre
10-01-2014, 07:08 PM
The CD Pre-Order + Digital Download is available again. Ordering now before it disappears again!

HurtinMinorKey
10-01-2014, 07:12 PM
The second half of Clue Two reminds me of the ambient music in LIMBO.

somewhat_
10-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Pre-order for cd is up on Amazon. Release date is November 24.

jessamineny
10-01-2014, 07:19 PM
The CD Pre-Order + Digital Download is available again. Ordering now before it disappears again!

It's not going to disappear unless it's a mistake again, or unless they outright cancel the CD release for some unfathomable reason -- and then it won't matter if you got a preorder in.

kevincwhitacre
10-01-2014, 07:26 PM
It's unclear why it disappeared in the first place as far as I can tell, so I don't know why it couldn't do so again. And Amazon's pre-order doesn't come with a digital download, so it is less appealing.

jessamineny
10-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Because it's a major studio release of a regular CD in the first few days of pre-order, for a CD that won't be in stores for almost two more months.

There are still Social Network and TGWTDT CDs for sale on nin.com.

r_k_f
10-01-2014, 07:42 PM
That's the stuff nightmares are made of....

Bachy
10-01-2014, 08:53 PM
This is probably more for "Random Thougts":

Much like the previous scores, "Gone Girl" is excellent reading music, especially if what you're reading is rather dark.

Also, I just played a bit of "The Last of Us" with this playing in the background. It fit perfectly.

dominik
10-02-2014, 04:42 AM
that background thing in "technically, missing" makes me want to choose a planet on the galaxy map in mass effect

Aywok
10-02-2014, 06:13 AM
At Risk {11:07}*

a). At Risk {6:23}
b). [silence] {3:04}
c). Consummation (Reprise) {1:40}

* Taken from the iTunes version; Consummation (Reprise) begins at 9:27

implanted_microchip
10-02-2014, 12:03 PM
So this is my first time listening to something in WAV format and the amount of richness and detail I'm hearing is incredible. Is everything this improved? Because if it is, then I've got to really stop messing with MP3s as much as possible.

As much as I look forward to seeing how all of this fits into the film, of all three scores this seems to stand the best on its own two legs as just a great collection of music separate from anything else. This sounds like the best natural progression they've made yet with scoring, and if they stay on this track then I really do hope they continue to work with Fincher even more.

Just Like You is the prettiest thing Trent's made since Still.

sheepdean
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
So this is my first time listening to something in WAV format and the amount of richness and detail I'm hearing is incredible. Is everything this improved? Because if it is, then I've got to really stop messing with MP3s as much as possible.
Yes. Now get some decent speakers/headphones and find that bass.

MAD
10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I saw the movie yesterday and the music fits incredibly well! After my first listen of the soundtrack I was pretty worried..in retrospect, no idea why.

eversonpoe
10-02-2014, 11:13 PM
i listened to the score about four times in the last couple days and then saw the movie tonight. i always love it when track titles are named after lines from movies, and it was cool to line them all up with the scenes. definitely not going to be able to listen to it the same way after watching the film, which is fine, as i loved it.

laci
10-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Saw the movie yesterday and I have to say this is the best work Fincher ever done. As for the music, it's truly amazing. My fiancťe found it the sickest TR/AR score and I have to admit.
You have to see and hear it on big screen, go!

Corona Radiata
10-03-2014, 06:08 AM
I'm surprised people haven't been talking about Secrets more. I think that might be my current favorite track from this album.

Prettybrokenspiral
10-03-2014, 07:23 AM
i listened to the score about four times in the last couple days and then saw the movie tonight. i always love it when track titles are named after lines from movies, and it was cool to line them all up with the scenes. definitely not going to be able to listen to it the same way after watching the film, which is fine, as i loved it.

What I really want to know is, did you watch it with your new bride and think "this is the type of shit I have to look forward to!" :eek:

jmtd
10-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Great video interview here. He's even asked what his plans are post Gone Girl.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=123451

TR is one patient dude these days. Watching that I really wanted to punch the interviewer.

eversonpoe
10-03-2014, 08:00 AM
What I really want to know is, did you watch it with your new bride and think "this is the type of shit I have to look forward to!" :eek:

hahaha no. she doesn't like seeing movies at the theater (unless it's a live rifftrax event) because somehow, something always happens to spoil her time (when we saw looper, i asked the group of middle-aged people next to us to stop talking and texting, and they threatened to beat the shit out of me). she also hasn't seen a single fincher film except se7en, so i want to get her used to his style so she'll appreciate it more.

also, to be honest, we've both been transparent with each other from the beginning. we got the ugly stuff out in the open early (i've always been an open book and with my last partner being as abusive and manipulative as she was, i wanted to make sure that wasn't going to happen again). but i definitely did think "i can only imagine how different of a dynamic this movie has for people in relationships who DO keep secrets from each other."

Lastentrance
10-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Well the score fits the film like a glove. Isn't as imposing as TGWTDT score yet stands out better than the previous two films.

I'm bias, but it was definitely one of the highlights of the great film. The score was so powerful at one point I actually felt sick. Amazing work and their best score yet. Also, the best Fincher since Zodiac and I loved TSN and TGWTDT.

magnolia
10-03-2014, 09:47 AM
The score was so powerful at one point I actually felt sick.

I bet I know which scene you're talking of...

Saw it last night. Amazing. I have loved several of Fincher's other films, (but not all of them), and even though I was excited for GG, for some reason I just didn't expect it to be as good as some of his others. Very wrong. This might actually be my favorite of his, now. The whole thing was just incredibly well done. The score was perfect. Soooo good. Go see it!

r_k_f
10-03-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm surprised people haven't been talking about Secrets more. I think that might be my current favorite track from this album. Has a very Only-ish piano melody buried in there..

Aywok
10-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Staring out of the window, watching the treetops whip around in the breeze and grey clouds float slowly by while listening to 'Background Noise'... Melancholy.

witte
10-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Perpetual
porn for your soul

WorzelG
10-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Got round to downloading the apple lossless today, put it on itunes with my Sennheiser headphones, loving Like Home particularly now, and Clue Two / Just Like You. Consummation is terrifying

Just saw on twitter that Mike Garson helped develop the second half of Just Like You, I love his piano playing. I guess there may be more collaborations when we see any proper credits

Leviathant
10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Just saw on twitter that Mike Garson helped develop the second half of Just Like You, I love his piano playing. I guess there may be more collaborations when we see any proper credits

Link to said tweet (https://twitter.com/mikegarson/status/518093705388249088).

sheepdean
10-03-2014, 04:36 PM
So, Just Like You won't be on the FYC I assume? If it was co-written by another party?

LOVEANDZOMBIES
10-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Saw the movie last night and it was awesome! I have to say in the first 3rd of the movie - I kept finding myself distracted by the score because I knew it so well. Also, there's some weird sound mixing in the early memory scenes where the score overpowers the dialogue to the extent that it takes you a moment to realize that you're not supposed to actually be following the words spoken but rather just feeling a sense of the moment. It was cool hearing the titles of the tracks in the dialogue throughout the film as well. Amazing film.

eversonpoe
10-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Saw the movie last night and it was awesome! I have to say in the first 3rd of the movie - I kept finding myself distracted by the score because I knew it so well. Also, there's some weird sound mixing in the early memory scenes where the score overpowers the dialogue to the extent that it takes you a moment to realize that you're not supposed to actually be following the words spoken but rather just feeling a sense of the moment. It was cool hearing the titles of the tracks in the dialogue throughout the film as well. Amazing film.

i was wondering if that was intentional and i figured it had to be because it's a david fincher movie.

Aywok
10-03-2014, 06:18 PM
So, Just Like You won't be on the FYC I assume? If it was co-written by another party?

At the bottom of that same tweet it says:

Just Like You
Composed, arranged, performed, programmed, and produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

Prettybrokenspiral
10-03-2014, 07:03 PM
hahaha no. she doesn't like seeing movies at the theater (unless it's a live rifftrax event) because somehow, something always happens to spoil her time (when we saw looper, i asked the group of middle-aged people next to us to stop talking and texting, and they threatened to beat the shit out of me). she also hasn't seen a single fincher film except se7en, so i want to get her used to his style so she'll appreciate it more.

also, to be honest, we've both been transparent with each other from the beginning. we got the ugly stuff out in the open early (i've always been an open book and with my last partner being as abusive and manipulative as she was, i wanted to make sure that wasn't going to happen again). but i definitely did think "i can only imagine how different of a dynamic this movie has for people in relationships who DO keep secrets from each other."

Just having some fun with you, bro. A bunch of middle-aged people threatened to beat you up at the movies? Talk about lame.

Leviathant
10-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Huh. I came out of it feeling quite differently. I just got home from seeing the film, which I thought was well paced, the score serving to accentuate the twists within the scenery really quite well. I wasn't really totally hot on TGWTDT's score, which was appropriately bleak for the bleak landscape of that film, and I love listening to the Social Network score while I'm working, but as a film score it was very unusual - cool, but unorthodox. I feel like the Gone Girl score is actually their best yet at scoring a film. It was very tightly wrapped into the fabric of the film. If you thought it was barely audible, there was probably an issue with the speakers at your cinema. Now, I'm not here to change your mind, GanduGains. You think the movie was a mess, and I'm just noting that you're pretty distant on the critical spectrum from where I'm sitting. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Shadaloo
10-04-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm 2/3 of the way through the book right now, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the movie pans out because it almost feels like the score is, at points, way too dark and ominous for what I'm reading....although from all of this thread's indicators, 'Consummation' will indeed score something very unpleasant. Hell, one listen made me uncomfortable. Looking/not looking forward to that...

simonn
10-04-2014, 04:41 AM
I'm surprised people haven't been talking about Secrets more. I think that might be my current favorite track from this album.

It's up there, certainly, for me. Strange Activities is my fave though. Lovely little ditty.

Reznor2112
10-04-2014, 07:29 AM
'Consummation' will indeed score something very unpleasant. Hell, one listen made me uncomfortable. Looking/not looking forward to that...

Giggle...yeah saw it last night and my fiance's face during that scene was priceless. I will say I was taken aback as well, as Fincher takes said scene and delivers it more than the actual book does.

I absolutely loved the film and how the score fit in.

My only peeve with the score now is that the track titles aren't original like those of TSN & TGWTDT...where as these are titled as blatant signs on the roadmap of the story.

Granted some are a tad catchy but most are quoted within the book or film...no biggie though.

GO SEE THE DAMN THING IN THEATERS!

EDIT: And I have to say, I didnt really care about Margo in the book, but I absolutely LOVED the character in the film. Carrie Coon did such a great job with Margo.

EDIT2: Back to the topic of the score, especially Consummation and Consummation (Reprise) aka the track at the end of At Risk..I just relistened to it on my iPod and originally loved it...now after seeing the way Fincher used said "Reprise" in the film, it gives me fucking goosebumps and actually makes me very uneasy.

When you see the film, you'll know what I'm talking about. Without giving any spoilers away...Fincher is such as master because he can take an action we have seen in NUMEROUS films and just make it absolutely disturbingly graphic yet somehow so damn memorable...

jmtd
10-04-2014, 08:13 AM
I've read the book but can't remember a specific scene to which "consummation" might refer. Could someone spell it out for me please, in spoiler tags?

Reznor2112
10-04-2014, 09:16 AM
I've read the book but can't remember a specific scene to which "consummation" might refer. Could someone spell it out for me please, in spoiler tags?

BOY GETS GIRL BACK (or vice versa) aka the demise of Desi...

EDIT: Consummation really covers the scenes previous to the spoiler above...and the Consummation (Reprise) aka the hidden At Risk track is from the scene above.

nothing8
10-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Just watched the movie and it was amazing. I can't get over how Consummation fit into the movie and how I will never be able to listen to that song again without just stopping whatever I may be doing while I remember everything. Also, The Way He Looks At Me on the first couple of listens had me thinking it was going to fall somewhere else in the film, but holy shit I'm glad I was wrong because the way that song worked with that scene was intense and EXACTLY the vibe I got from the song.

Aywok
10-04-2014, 10:54 AM
EDIT2: Back to the topic of the score, especially Consummation and Consummation (Reprise) aka the track at the end of At Risk..I just relistened to it on my iPod and originally loved it...now after seeing the way Fincher used said "Reprise" in the film, it gives me fucking goosebumps and actually makes me very uneasy.

Consummation (Reprise) already did a good job of making me uneasy, but yes, the film took that to a new level.

The building, "pulsing" distortion on the synth starts to make me wonder about my eardrums as the volume increases to an uncomfortable level. Playing the 3 minutes of silence before the reprise helps seal the mood.

redwingsrock
10-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Listened to the soundtrack a couple times before seeing the movie. I've never read the book. That being said, I thought the movie was very very good. One of the few movies I have seen in recent memory that I was still thinking about the morning after seeing it.

I'll put this next part as a spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie, since song titles might give away something, but, after seeing the movie, if I had to pick a group of songs that I think captured the mood of the movie overall, it would be the following:
Spoiler:
Like Home
Technically, Missing
Consummation
Like Home (again)

​End Spoiler.

GoodSoldier333
10-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Okay, can anybody please help me locate an interview that was out there last week (which i cannot find now)?

It's an interview with Fincher in which the person interviewing is saying something along the lines of "Trent said this film was darker than he had expected" or "Trent called this a nasty film", and then Fincher reflected on Trent's words. Just can't find it now.

sheepdean
10-04-2014, 11:19 AM
CBS interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Vy9MmINh0&feature=youtu.be

GoodSoldier333
10-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks for that video. Hadn't seen that yet! :)

Aywok
10-04-2014, 11:42 AM
CBS interview

Wow, they got that up rather quick. Too bad it wasn't during the work week so we could have seen Trent with Charlie Rose.

Aywok
10-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Double post, sorry.

Okay, can anybody please help me locate an interview that was out there last week (which i cannot find now)?

It's an interview with Fincher in which the person interviewing is saying something along the lines of "Trent said this film was darker than he had expected" or "Trent called this a nasty film", and then Fincher reflected on Trent's words. Just can't find it now.

Full interview on Film Comment (http://www.filmcomment.com/entry/interview-david-fincher):

I read that Trent Reznor [who wrote the score] said this is a really, really dark movie. Do you think it is?

I think there are certain conceits in the kind of story and the storytellingÖ Well, letís put it this way, I think he read the book or part of the book and he felt kind of the way you do. This is not me, itís about Midwesterners or this writer who returns to this small town. And then when it got to the third act, as absurd as some of it is, it began to resonate with him. That was shocking to him because he thought at first that Fincherís doing a popcorn movie. He hadnít read the script so he hadnít realized that once we had pruned back, we didnít have Desiís mother and we didnít have more than an impression of Amyís parentsóthey are much more caustic in the movie because they have only two or three scenes. Their suffocating presence in her life becomes more crystalline. And I think he was expecting to see something that was more polite.

Or more National Lampoon?

You donít get much from Trent when you show him stuff. Heís cagey that way. But when he came out of the screening, he was laughing, almost giddily. And he said: ďThatís so sinister in what itís talking about. It makes me feel bad about myself.Ē I donít really want to speak for Trent because heís wildly articulate.

But I'm not sure yet what you think the tone of the movie has.

I think there were people on the crew who thought we were making Fatal Attraction. One of those Paramount thrillers of the late Eighties or early Nineties.

Itís definitely not that.

But there are these TV spots that all dance the same gig. Have you seen the trailer? Does it seem as if itís selling the proper aspect of the movie that could possibly hook people without giving anything away? One of the things it took six months to negotiate in my deal was that they couldnít use anything in the trailers of Amy past reel four. Because if you do, you ruin the movie. People go to the movies to discover things. They want to see actors as theyíve never seen them before and to see them in situations you never imagined them in because hopefully you never imagined seeing yourself in that situation. I need that sense of discovery when I look at movies.

BRoswell
10-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I need to donate to the site. I've got a lot of facepalming to catch up on.

r_k_f
10-04-2014, 12:44 PM
I've listened to the score at a minimum of twice a day since it's come out... I'm now afraid of the movie ruining the imagery or mood my mind has began to trigger for each track... Lol

Reznor2112
10-04-2014, 01:37 PM
The main thing the movie ruins is the music. Especially if you've listened to it before hand in your car or on loud speakers. Because when you see the movie, the score is NOT loud at all. It's basically a faint background noise.

Yeah that does seem strange for a film score to not be much louder and to only be a compliment to the imagery you see on screen. How was it you said? Background noise? Pun intended

Please note the extreme sarcasm

Scarlet Siren
10-04-2014, 02:42 PM
CBS interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Vy9MmINh0&feature=youtu.be

Must remember to watch this when I get home. At the cinema now, whoop!

howdidislipinto
10-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm surprised at the comments re: the score being background noise. It's not as upfront as TSN, which was a score-driven movie, but it's definitely there. During Amy and Nick's first meeting, I couldn't even hear the dialogue because the score was overwhelming. (In a good way, it seemed like they were making the viewer struggle to hear the characters like in the night club scene in TSN.) And then obviously as the reveals come/we enter the third act, the music becomes more and more of a character.

I know TSN spoiled us, but these movies aren't supposed to be the TR/AR show.

GoodSoldier333
10-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Yea, the score was out-front in some places and not so much in others. I think some of these comments on here stem from the one huge track on the OST being so quiet (which I'm sure we all expected to hear in the film with a big bang). But to be fair, there was a lot of dialogue over it so there you go.

jhulud
10-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Been listening to the soundtrack non-stop this week.

Went and saw the movie earlier today. It's phenomenal to begin with. One of the best book adaptions in a long time. Then again, it helps that Gillian Flynn who wrote the book also handled the screenplay. If you've read the book, you know how insane the ending is. It got tweaked just a bit for the movie. Still fucked up.

The soundtrack itself added a greater atmosphere to each and every scene that the music is on. Easily TR+AR have topped themselves yet again.

Reznor2112
10-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Yea, the score was out-front in some places and not so much in others. I think some of these comments on here stem from the one huge track on the OST being so quiet (which I'm sure we all expected to hear in the film with a big bang). But to be fair, there was a lot of dialogue over it so there you go.

Do you mean Technically, Missing

Also, it appears that the vinyl wont be out until 2015 :(

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Vinyl-Trent-Reznor-Atticus/dp/B00O0MBU0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412462624&sr=8-1&keywords=gone+girl+vinyl

GoodSoldier333
10-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Yep, that one!

howdidislipinto
10-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Weird, because I (and a couple of total non-TR/AR-fan friends) thought that was the most musically memorable sequence in the flick.

BRoswell
10-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah that does seem strange for a film score to not be much louder and to only be a compliment to the imagery you see on screen.

Yeah, it's almost like they did that on purpose. 0_0

Presideo
10-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I enjoyed the previous two OSTs Trent/Atticus made, but something about Gone Girl feels off to me. The near-complete lack of percussion is certainly a perplexing omission. I'm all for atmospheric piano-driven music, but a lot of these tracks could have had more bite if more was added to the formula. Social Network and TGWTDT did a great job of mixing tender piano-based tracks with the more hard-edge cinematic thriller-type compositions, making Gone Girl feel very diluted in comparison.

I'm sure the soundtrack is great in terms of how it fit into the movie, but as a standalone work there's simply not enough going on to hold my attention. It's like they drew from the same well one too many times, came up empty halfway through, and were too stubborn to look for more water elsewhere. Other than a few tracks ("Technically, Missing" of course) the bulk of this collection can be downright meandering at times.

r_k_f
10-05-2014, 01:00 AM
Must just be my overwhelming Reznor fan-boy-ism, but I actually enjoy the score more than the movie.... I enjoyed the movie, but I probably have maybe one more viewing of it left in me... I rarely watch a complete movie multiple times.. That score though... Can't get enough.

nufan
10-05-2014, 10:13 AM
CD has now popped up on Amazon UK, £13.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gone-Girl-Soundtrack-Motion-Picture/dp/B00O0MBSH8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1412521837&sr=8-6&keywords=gone+girl+soundtrack

no vinyl yet though.

sheepdean
10-05-2014, 10:27 AM
CD has now popped up on Amazon UK, £13.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gone-Girl-Soundtrack-Motion-Picture/dp/B00O0MBSH8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1412521837&sr=8-6&keywords=gone+girl+soundtrack

no vinyl yet though.
The artist is "Trent & Atticus Ross Reznor". Wasn't aware they'd taken each other's name.

Aywok
10-05-2014, 12:02 PM
The artist is "Trent & Atticus Ross Reznor". Wasn't aware they'd taken each other's name.

Well, they DO make a good couple...

m15a
10-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Actually, it's Trent "& Atticus Ross" Reznor. "& Atticus Ross" is just a nickname.

That's why people on TV/radio never mention that Atticus worked on the soundtrack.

Shadaloo
10-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Finished the book yesterday, and that's got to be one of the more frustrating endings I've read. :(

JML9
10-05-2014, 05:27 PM
WOW!!! My jaw was on the floor at times. Trent and Atticus are just getting better and better with each score!!! Gorgeous!!

paul_guyet
10-05-2014, 05:33 PM
If you're interested, here's (http://soundblab.com/reviews/albums/6500-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-gone-girl-soundtrack-from-the-motion-picture-trent-reznor-atticus-ross) my Gone Girl score review.

Enjoy.

cashpiles (closed)
10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
It's fucking beautiful. One of the best things Trent has ever done... Certainly the best soundtrack. This is music you put on in the background and it makes you feel like you're in Metroid (at one point). At some points it also reminds me of music from certain Japanese RPGs. From the beginning it feels very cinema-esque. I say this because it seems that Trent and Atticus seem to have really developed as film composers. I must listen to this more...

Just Like You is like the mist above a mysterious body of water in the early morning hours with a grey Fall sky up above.

Charmingly Miserable
10-05-2014, 11:48 PM
As I have been listening to all three of TR & AR's scores, I think GG is their best.

WorzelG
10-06-2014, 01:28 AM
If you're interested, here's (http://soundblab.com/reviews/albums/6500-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-gone-girl-soundtrack-from-the-motion-picture-trent-reznor-atticus-ross) my Gone Girl score review.

Enjoy.
In complete agreement about the new Silent Hill game, they need to score it (also isn't Clive Barker rebooting Hellraiser? That would be a good fit)

Substance242
10-06-2014, 04:57 AM
Listened to this score a few times during long drive (yes home stereo will be better), Procedural is beautiful... Haven't seen the movie yet, but I am little worried about what on earth is going on there... feels like Affleck's character is cutting his wife to pieces or what... don't tell me! :-) I hope he is not eating her.

fillow
10-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Watched movie yesterday, didn't listen to the score yet. I took the same approach with TSN and Dragon Tattoo before.
One thing I can say for sure is that this score is much, much more subtle. There were probably like 3 or 4 times I even noticed it. In previous movies you could hear most of it clearly even buried under dialogue.

kdrcraig
10-06-2014, 07:01 AM
I listened to this a couple times over the weekend, not really digging it that much. Same deal as Dragon Tattoo.

Swykk
10-06-2014, 08:52 AM
"Technically, Missing" is still stuck in my brain. "Like Home" remains my favorite, though. Whoever said "Secrets" isn't getting the respect it deserves is correct. I really love this entire album. It might end up being my favorite of the three.

Emil Dorbell
10-06-2014, 09:00 AM
I think this is the soundtrack is their best one yet, BY FAR. It perfectly captures the mood of the film (which might be the best thing I've seen in recent years, by the way).

pwing47
10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Weekend Box Office: 'Gone Girl' Scores $38M
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/10/05/weekend-box-office-gone-girl-scores-38m-and-annabelle-opens-to-37-2m/

As such, the film’s $38 million weekend debut not only establishes the film as a genuine hit but also firmly establishes the film as a major Oscar player.

According to IMDb, the overall budget was ~61M.

(Sorry if someone beat me to the link; haven't seen it elsewhere in the thread.)

Aywok
10-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Weekend Box Office: 'Gone Girl' Scores $38M

According to IMDb, the overall budget was ~61M.

And it made $24.6 million in the 39 other territories where it opened, bringing opening weekend totals to roughly $62.6 million.

r_k_f
10-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Good read on the movie if you've already seen it SPOILERS http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/debating-gone-girl#47gh75u SPOILERS

telee.kom
10-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I liked the soundtrack before I saw the movie. I absolutely LOVE IT afterwards.

telee.kom
10-06-2014, 02:51 PM
@GanduGains (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4829) What do you mean? In the beginning of the movie I was actually saying to myself it is little too loud and it's getting in way of dialogues. Or do you mean elevator music in sense of uninteresting? I think it was really atmospheric and sets the tone of each and every scene (what stand out in my mind the most, is when Amy slipped throat of NPH, music in this scene really creeped me out). Listening to it before was .. interesting. I liked a few songs, but it was obvious to me, that most of these tracks are meant to be heard within the movie. And when I actually saw it, it just brings me back to that movie and to those particular scenes and the whole soundtrack just makes much more sense. Fe. I really like Technically, Missing even before I saw Gone Girl, because it is really good track on its own, but use of it in the movie was just amazingly perfect.

sheepdean
10-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I don't get that. The music in the movie was like elevator music. You could barely hear it.
Film is a visual medium.

BRoswell
10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
The fact that there's no consensus when it comes to the volume of the score means that the respective theaters must be at fault. If it seemed too quiet, you either were expecting something more bombastic, or your theater has shit sound.

eversonpoe
10-06-2014, 03:08 PM
The fact that there's no consensus when it comes to the volume of the score means that the respective theaters must be at fault. If it seemed too quiet, you either were expecting something more bombastic, or your theater has shit sound.

or he's expecting it to be the front and center aspect of his movie-going experience, even though he doesn't like it...which is really confusing on a couple levels.

Aywok
10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Yes, but the coolest parts of certain tracks weren't even in the movie.

They're called cues. It's a common thing; you know, video games, television, film, commercials...

BRoswell
10-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Poo sound mixing and editing I think. Very poo poo.

Are you nine years old or something?

Fincher's films are renowned for their sound design, and considering that Fincher has essentially worked with the same people in that department since Se7en, I doubt like hell that the sound was mixed poorly.

Aywok
10-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Guys, I figured it out. This guy is Danny Lohner AND HAS BEEN ALL ALONG.

My guess is Hans Zimmer.

Leviathant
10-06-2014, 04:10 PM
More like GONEdoGains, amirite?

Charmingly Miserable
10-06-2014, 11:16 PM
I can't help but to feel that there were some Ghosts influences in the soundtrack, which is totally not a bad thing.

Vertigo
10-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Is it just me, or is Trent doing a lot more press for Gone Girl than he did for Dragon Tattoo? I wonder if that's an indication that the studio are going to get behind pushing the score as an awards contender this time.

howdidislipinto
10-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Is it just me, or is Trent doing a lot more press for Gone Girl than he did for Dragon Tattoo? I wonder if that's an indication that the studio are going to get behind pushing the score as an awards contender this time.

I was thinking that not only was it an early Oscar push, but maybe that Oscar push is coming because TR/AR finally have time to devote to a couple of non-Fincher scores and a new Oscar certainly wouldn't hurt that paycheck?

hologram parade
10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
If I recall TR's mom passed away not too long before all the Dragon Tattoo promotion wouldve taken place and Im sure he was busy with HTDA as well

BRoswell
10-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Trent and Mariqueen also had their second child right before the film premiered, so I imagine he was pretty busy at home as well as working on other stuff.

Cervantes
10-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Just came back from seeing it.

Good film, and very telling about relationships gone awry. It asks more questions about your emotional reactions than what's up on the screen.

Although the score was fantastic, I don't think it was as experimental as TGWTDT, although it probably is a better score.

Alexandros
10-07-2014, 08:03 PM
I find myself returning to Consummation a lot. Such an ominous track! Haven't seen the movie yet, nor have I read the book, but judging from the track title and the music it must be a disturbing scene.

Charmingly Miserable
10-07-2014, 10:37 PM
I find myself returning to Consummation a lot. Such an ominous track! Haven't seen the movie yet, nor have I read the book, but judging from the track title and the music it must be a disturbing scene.
I've been playing that a lot in the car too. Almost like I'm expecting that would be the soundtrack to a car wreck or something.

simonn
10-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Saw this last night - loved the film, though the ending is a little meh. Have been really enjoying the score over the last couple of weeks, and seeing it in it's rightful place was very satisfying, so many times I was smiling when I shouldn't have been! For the people saying that the score was more in the background this time, couldn't disagree more. I thought the score was upfront, but just perfectly pitched. This may now be my favourite score they've done, took a bit of getting used to, but now I'm hooked!

Side note - one of the producers was Reese Witherspoon.....how bizarre!

TheBang
10-08-2014, 04:59 AM
I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I haven't been able to keep up with the board much recently.

I haven't listened to it yet, but based on the preview I heard, Fincher discusses the music in his films, including TSN, GG, and the Closer remix in Se7en:

Vertigo
10-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Haven't seen it posted yet, nice find.

Saw the film last night, it's the best implemented score Trentticus have done so far by a VAST margin. It fits very naturally into the film, and changes accordingly to what's happening in a scene.
As a stand-alone piece of music though, I think it gets wearing in the second half - there aren't enough strong melodies later on, and are too many reprises. Social Network still stands apart from the rest as a solo album.

cahernandez
10-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Haven't seen it posted yet, nice find.

Saw the film last night, it's the best implemented score Trentticus have done so far by a VAST margin. It fits very naturally into the film, and changes accordingly to what's happening in a scene.
As a stand-alone piece of music though, I think it gets wearing in the second half - there aren't enough strong melodies later on, and are too many reprises. Social Network still stands apart from the rest as a solo album.

Very much agreed with this. As a piece in service to the film, yes, Gone Girl is the best out of the three. As a stand alone album, The Social Network is still the best. The other thing to note, this is the first TR/AR soundtrack with not a strong opening musical piece. "Hand Covers Bruise" and "Immigrant Song" were awesome ways to start those two movies, those two helped me to get amped up with the film, not so much with "What Have we Done to Each Other?"

BenAkenobi
10-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Just from cinema, liked it. The music certainly added an extra dimension to what's happening on the screen, i hope the CD packaging features Nick and Amy and some other faces, that advocate and that cop for example are great characters too. Though i don't pin any specific tracks to any actors, Affleck is in each of them for me now.

Aywok
10-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Very much agreed with this. As a piece in service to the film, yes, Gone Girl is the best out of the three. As a stand alone album, The Social Network is still the best. The other thing to note, this is the first TR/AR soundtrack with not a strong opening musical piece. "Hand Covers Bruise" and "Immigrant Song" were awesome ways to start those two movies, those two helped me to get amped up with the film, not so much with "What Have we Done to Each Other?"

I find that the opening title works very well for Gone Girl. Both the film and book start in a questioning way, "What have we done to each other? What will we do?". 'What Have We Done To Each Other?' invokes that same sense of "questioning" thought, to me.

Agree completely that GG is the best score/film synergy of the three thus far. However, comparing 'The Social Network' to 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' is similar to comparing 'The Richard D. James Album' to 'Selected Ambient Works, Vol. II'. What is "better" will always be subjective, despite things such as length and intensity.

AlanMorlock
10-08-2014, 02:01 PM

That scene and track in the film are fucking intense. Many people in my audience actually gagged.

scorpiusdiamond
10-08-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I haven't been able to keep up with the board much recently.

I haven't listened to it yet, but based on the preview I heard, Fincher discusses the music in his films, including TSN, GG, and the Closer remix in Se7en:

Is it just me or did they play In Motion too fast?

WorzelG
10-08-2014, 04:26 PM
What is it with these 'film score aficionados' who think they know better than directors what music to use in their films?

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/10/06/gone-girl-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross/

Completely weird to be that into film scores anyway, why not just listen to classical music that's written to be listened to on its own if you like it that much