PDA

View Full Version : Gone Girl (2014)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

sheepdean
09-04-2014, 07:06 PM
fillow I'd wager 80-90% of regular WSJ readers don't listen to NIN and are more likely to know him as an Oscar winner than live performer, it's kinda useful to have it. Now, when Kerrang does it, that's totally fucking pointless.

howdidislipinto
09-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Very excited by the live orchestral session news. I assume it'll be incorporated into the usual TR/AR style somehow, and that sounds awesome. They should probably just put the music out now. Yeah. That'd be good.

slave2thewage
09-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Is it safe to assume that this will be the first of the soundtracks to be released after the movie comes out, then?

Deepvoid
09-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Is it safe to assume that this will be the first of the soundtracks to be released after the movie comes out, then?

I am surprised by the fact that we have no release date or tracklisting. Movie is being released in 28 days.
New releases are on Tuesday so September 30 or October 7 is the dates we're looking for.

theimage13
09-05-2014, 10:46 AM
That article is actually why tend to hate music journalism. Mostly due to obligatory (unnecessary) flashbacks and retrospection in each paragraph.

Context makes writing - especially reporting - more meaningful. If you're reading the Wall Street Journal, there's a very good chance that you have no idea who the hell Atticus and Trent are. It adds depth to the story to mention that this is, despite being their third go at a score, rather out of character in respect to their past (and other current projects). Not everyone who reads a story about an artist knows who they are and wants to just skip over all the details, and reporting with less information is just lazy.

Want short and to the point? Get your news from Twitter. The Wall Street Journal clearly isn't the paper for you if you don't like details.

Now, on topic: this is a movie I probably won't actually go see. I'm on tour the entire time it's in theaters (presumably), and killing a precious moment of free time outside of one gigantic dark, windowless room by sitting in a different one doesn't strike me as fun. But I'm eager to hear this score when it comes out, as the previous two are already staples for travel soundtracks. I've got a lot of flying coming up; something tells me this score is going to be getting a lot of attention on those trips.

gorast
09-05-2014, 02:22 PM

If you're inferring that from the article, then no. What they were saying was that they had to turn the album in a week after the interview was conducted, which was likely a month or two ago. The way the film's release date was shoved in there muddled it up.

If you're not referring to the article, then also no, based purely on the release dates of the previous two soundtracks, and indeed most film soundtracks, as far as I know.

screwdriver
09-06-2014, 04:27 PM
That article is actually why tend to hate music journalism. Mostly due to obligatory (unnecessary) flashbacks and retrospection in each paragraph.

Trent Reznor (of [bullshit smartass genre] Nine Inch Nails) and Atticus Ross... bla bla...
Reznor... who just got off the X-month tour in support of [bullshit smartass description] Hesitation Marks... bla bla... returning to scoring Fincher's (who ... bla bla... also shot Only video and used Closer in Se7en) new movie, after TSN and TGTTDT... bla bla... Lost Highway... Natural Born Killers...
Jesus, get to the point already.

I don't really wanna jump any more on you than anyone else did but... this was actually a pretty decent article/interview and your attitude is why we can't have nice things. to be honest, I had forgotten about the Only video (on purpose? you be the judge) and I'm a NIN-SuperFanTM

fillow
09-06-2014, 05:46 PM
It's not really about this particular article. It just occurred to me that every other of such articles follow this formula, where up to 75% of the text is a recap of artist's (or band's) career, while very little is said about what's actually going on.

GoodSoldier333
09-07-2014, 07:57 AM
It's not really about this particular article. It just occurred to me that every other of such articles follow this formula, where up to 75% of the text is a recap of artist's (or band's) career, while very little is said about what's actually going on.

It's how they teach us in college mate. :) Expository Writing and Research in the Disciplines, etc...we follow a similar formula to keep it interesting for any reader. Sure it's annoying sometimes, especially to the hardcore fans (especially when the research for the "recap" isn't even 100% correct), but i guess it's unavoidable.

I agree, I'd much rather read a tweet on actual developments then have to read an article with that tweet SURROUNDED by six paragraphs of shit I already knew.

In fact, fuck the system! Hoorah.

Ryan
09-07-2014, 08:30 AM
In fact, fuck the system! Hoorah.

See now that's all you needed to say. Too much other surrounding text.

and I'd have said yep, fuck it deep in the anus.

simonn
09-08-2014, 02:55 AM
After many years of reading articles of this type, I have one golden rule now - if someone's linked me to an article, unless they actually say it's worthy of reading all the way through, I just look for quotation marks. Everything else is just padding.

tony.parente
09-08-2014, 05:21 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/trent-reznor-talks-inspiration-for-gone-girl-score/
New interview about gone girl.

Leviathant
09-08-2014, 08:49 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/trent-reznor-talks-inspiration-for-gone-girl-score/

D'oh. Turns out that's a reblog of a reblog of the WSJ article. Here's the first sentence:

According to The Pulse Of Radio, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor told The Wall Street Journal...

They didn't even link to the article they quoted, or the article it quoted.

That other guy
09-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Movie and soundtrack cant come soon enough.. David Fincher , Trent and Atticus all do amazing work.

sheepdean
09-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Do we actually know if Null Corp is releasing this one? The Nullco site is super buggy right now and I don't know if that's just because Rob forgot about it or because there's secrets

gorast
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Huh, everything except Ghosts and The Slip are completely inaccessible.

This one might be a Null release, and Rob's reworking the website to reveal that. Sucks that the TSN and GDT pages are busted now, though.

FineFinchTails
09-08-2014, 11:42 AM
How do I extract the audio from the website www.findamazingamy.com? I downloaded the video, but there's no audio.

Sarah K
09-08-2014, 12:06 PM

That just seems like the same shit?

Also, check the comments. Good lord. Hahaha.

r_k_f
09-08-2014, 03:06 PM

So hard not to respond to some of those comments...

tony.parente
09-08-2014, 06:08 PM

"satanic douchbag"

LOLOLOL

Sarah K
09-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Aw, shit. My favorite comment got deleted. It was a guy talking about how security was patting him down and he was like "Whoa, I'm here to see Soundgarden." There was more about not being a depressed goth or something. Haha.

bgalbraith
09-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Huh, everything except Ghosts and The Slip are completely inaccessible.

This one might be a Null release, and Rob's reworking the website to reveal that. Sucks that the TSN and GDT pages are busted now, though.

GDT still works, you just have to refresh a couple times. Same was true over at nin.com and destroyangels.com.. both were kinda wonky at first with missing images / css at first. This suggests a content delivery issue, like one or more servers is non-responsive or buggy. TSN looks to have a direct PHP issue on the "store" part of the page.

The merch store on nin.com also now has the GDT soundtracks listed there. I really hope that modlife doesn't get to distribute the Gone Girl soundtrack. More likely it's just moving old stock to a more visible location.

henryeatscereal
09-09-2014, 12:52 PM
So? do we have a release date already? He has released the soundtracks before the movies premiered in the last two occasions, hope this time it's the same thing...

bgalbraith
09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
My guess is that with the first two, Trent was still independent so they had a lot of control over the packaging and release via Null Corp. I'm betting this one will be released via Columbia Records and will probably go the route of most other movie soundtracks i.e. no big pre-release hype, likely available day of theatrical release.

henryeatscereal
09-09-2014, 01:07 PM
^Good guess, it makes a lot of sense, cheers!

jessamineny
09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
His recording contract with Columbia was not a traditional contract (Hesitation Marks was "Null Corporation, under exclusive license to Columbia Records"... like a glorified distribution deal) and may very well have been a one-record deal.

sheepdean
09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
And Atticus wasn't (and still isn't) signed to Columbia, so there's no reason for them to be releasing it under that EVEN IF nin still is.

Sony Music (which I know is the same thing) is more likely if not Null

bgalbraith
09-09-2014, 02:49 PM
True, but HTDA is Columbia, which he is a part of, which made me think that as well. Anyway, Trent wasn't extensively touring and promoting an album during the last two soundtracks, so this time around it looks like it was just too low on the priority list to get the same spotlight treatment.

fillow
09-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Soundtrack is gonna be released soon.

WorzelG
09-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Which company is behind Gone Girl - would it be likely the soundtrack would be released under whichever company it is closely affiliated to? (its 20th century fox isn't it? Do they have a record division?)

TheBang
09-09-2014, 03:10 PM
True, but HTDA is Columbia, which he is a part of, which made me think that as well.
Just FYI, HTDA has the same type of distribution deal with Columbia as NIN. Welcome Oblivion is ℗ and HTDA, LLC, distributed by Columbia Records.

TheBang
09-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Which company is behind Gone Girl - would it be likely the soundtrack would be released under whichever company it is closely affiliated to? (its 20th century fox isn't it? Do they have a record division?)
Fox Music. Looking at this year's films, it looks like they license out the recordings to Sony Classical for the actual manufacturing and distribution.

sheepdean
09-09-2014, 04:22 PM
The last two were both Sony/Null weren't they? And those were same general crew.

Just as long as it's not Mondo, can't afford to pay for another overpriced deluxe LP :P

Jon
09-09-2014, 04:41 PM
If this is released by Null, would this be the first release printed and copyrighted The Null Corporation II (filed June 2012)?

sheepdean
09-09-2014, 05:01 PM
If this is released by Null, would this be the first release printed and copyrighted The Null Corporation II (filed June 2012)?
Seed 7 was (C) Null Corp, so I doubt Null Corporation II is for music releases. Probably an ARG.

TheBang
09-09-2014, 08:45 PM
The last two were both Sony/Null weren't they? And those were same general crew.
Doesn't matter who the crew is. The studio is the only thing that matters. Now, if they give TR carte blanche on the release of the soundtrack, we might see something special.

That's apparently what happened with Columbia Pictures who made both TGWTDT and TSN, and because of either TR or Fincher (or both), gave them carte blanche over the soundtrack release. Columbia allowed Null to self-publish the release. But this is 20th Century Fox, and we don't know what they're going to allow. They might say, no, we don't do that, you can only do it through our established labels. And they might dictate that they can only do a standard soundtrack CD release.

arsenic
09-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Gone Girl will be screened at Zurich Film Festival on September 29th, 6PM local time, just a few days after the world premiere at NYFF (September 26th)

http://zff.com/en/programme/movies/8330/gone-girl/

I am going : )

WorzelG
09-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Gone Girl will be screened at Zurich Film Festival on September 29th, 6PM local time, just a few days after the world premiere at NYFF (September 26th)

http://zff.com/en/programme/movies/8330/gone-girl/

I am going : )
The way things are going you'll hear the score before anyone here because nothing will have been released yet!

Ryan
09-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Gone Girl track listing, where are youuu?

theimage13
09-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but do we even have a ballpark length on this? Are we looking at a single disc/80 minute max? Multiple discs? Or just really no clue whatsoever?

Deepvoid
09-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but do we even have a ballpark length on this? Are we looking at a single disc/80 minute max? Multiple discs? Or just really no clue whatsoever?

21 days and counting...
No information at all on anything.
At think we're gonna get all the information in one press release.
We should take bets on which day the info is gonna be released.

I go for Monday September 22, 2014

WorzelG
09-12-2014, 08:27 AM
21 days and counting...
No information at all on anything.
At think we're gonna get all the information in one press release.
We should take bets on which day the info is gonna be released.

I go for Monday September 22, 2014
I'm thinking sampler released this week (beginning 15th sept) followed by full thing 27th sept, a week before the film release

gorast
09-12-2014, 11:44 AM

The recent interview they did mentioned that they'd maxed out at 2 hours of raw music, so it'll probably be a single-disc affair, unless they use all 2 hours of it.

sheepdean
09-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Tuesday 23rd I reckon, if we're going for arbitrary bets

blitzkrieg
09-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Did you recently checked http://www.gonegirlmovie.com/ ?
It's now full of small informations, details about the story.
Maybe there is some hidden sounds in it ? I can't search for it today.

butter_hole
09-13-2014, 09:20 PM
how do we even know thats there's gonna be a soundtrack at all?

sheepdean
09-13-2014, 09:21 PM
how do we even know thats there's gonna be a soundtrack at all?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, promotion for it https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/status/510503163422449664

Volband
09-14-2014, 03:29 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, promotion for it https://twitter.com/GoneGirlMovie/status/510503163422449664
Yeah, it would be terrible to win an Oscar again with an OST that's not purcheasable.

martin_b
09-14-2014, 04:09 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxbo-qWCUAAWHoY.jpg:large

sheepdean
09-14-2014, 11:51 AM
martin_b that's for the film, not the soundtrack - that poster's been out for a while

butter_hole
09-14-2014, 06:41 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They better get a fucken move on then

martin_b
09-15-2014, 05:19 AM
@sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/350-sheepdean)

Thank you. I was under the impression that these are the soundtrack premiere dates.

So... we re still waiting for an official info then.

telee.kom
09-16-2014, 11:46 AM
This is just awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9oNhU50QP0

ninlive
09-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Seriously... That guitar at the end of the trailer.

trollmanen
09-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Whomever has the rights to release it would be stupid not to, as they're Oscar winning composers with a dedicated fan base, so right off the bat they're gonna sell more copies than most soundtrack scores do these days (not counting reissues and the vinyl soundtrack boom). I'm sure we'll see some release before the end of the year, probably more simple like Social Network was.

Leviathant
09-17-2014, 12:02 AM
So, did you guys all miss the part of the Wall Street Journal article (http://online.wsj.com/articles/david-fincher-turns-to-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-for-gone-girl-soundtrack-1409845014), right at the very beginning, where it says the score is due out October 10?

Their score for David Fincher's new movie, Gone Girl, in theaters October 3, is due the following week.
Seriously, was that there the whole time? I must have skimmed right past it. Pado_ on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Pado_) pointed it out to me.

ninlive
09-17-2014, 12:08 AM
So, did you guys all miss the part of the Wall Street Journal article (http://online.wsj.com/articles/david-fincher-turns-to-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-for-gone-girl-soundtrack-1409845014), right at the very beginning, where it says the score is due out October 10?

Seriously, was that there the whole time? I must have skimmed right past it. Pado_ on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Pado_) pointed it out to me.

I seriously did not see that initially?

gorast
09-17-2014, 12:12 AM
No, I'm pretty sure you're reading that wrong. They themselves have to turn in the score the week after the interview was conducted, which was well over a month ago, I believe. That's how I read it, and I'm pretty sure most others in this thread read it that way as well.

otnavuskire
09-17-2014, 12:12 AM

We talked about that a few pages back. Given the past tense of that part of the article, I don't think that was implying the score comes out a week after the movie, I think it meant that the score was due the week after the interview was conducted. Albums also don't come out on Fridays typically, so October 10 would make no sense.

butter_hole
09-17-2014, 01:30 AM
You need to read both sentences.

MUSICIANS TRENT REZNOR and Atticus Ross are sitting in a studio in Hollywood, staring down the barrel of a rapidly approaching deadline with an air of game fatalism. Their score is due the following week.

WorzelG
09-17-2014, 01:34 AM
From reading articles on the film, it sounds like its a very spoilerish film, like it would be easy to ruin the experience by too much being revealed, maybe releasing the score before release would give too much away? (song titles etc, or just the tone of music). I mean everyone knew how the other two films were going to end so it didn't matter then! But this film seems to have diverged from the book a lot

More info on the film

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/gone-girl-update-david-fincher-trent-reznor-national-97569206622.html

ItsJustDave
09-17-2014, 06:16 AM
You need to read both sentences.

MUSICIANS TRENT REZNOR and Atticus Ross are sitting in a studio in Hollywood, staring down the barrel of a rapidly approaching deadline with an air of game fatalism. Their score is due the following week.

I read both sentences and while I agree that the intent was not likely what Matt (and myself as well) pulled out of it, it is what makes sense grammatically. The reference to a specific date just before saying "following week" places context on the statement (a context that you edited out). This is crap writing.

jessamineny
09-17-2014, 06:27 AM
If I were a betting person, it's not the writer's fault. A well-meaning editor probably added the release date of the movie. It was likely somewhere lower in the story, and he/she thought what made the story "timely" should be up high.

ItsJustDave
09-17-2014, 07:07 AM
If I were a betting person, it's not the writer's fault. A well-meaning editor probably added the release date of the movie. It was likely somewhere lower in the story, and he/she thought what made the story "timely" should be up high.

Ok, crap editing then.

Deepvoid
09-17-2014, 08:29 AM
So we're back to square one with no release date. At least we had something to get us all excited for a few hours.

Leviathant
09-17-2014, 09:20 AM
I skim the Wall Street Journal, I skim ETS, confusion abounds. It seems like a plausible date, but I agree, what's more plausible is that the editing wasn't great right there.

Jon
09-17-2014, 09:37 AM
From reading articles on the film, it sounds like its a very spoilerish film, like it would be easy to ruin the experience by too much being revealed, maybe releasing the score before release would give too much away?

I seem to remember Trent Reznor addressing song titles for scores in an interview about TSN's score.

The gist, as I remember and understood it, was that the above will never be a problem. We are not likely to see a song titled "Main Title Theme" or "Car Chase", for example.

FernandoDante
09-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I seem to remember Trent Reznor addressing song titles for scores in an interview about TSN's score.

The gist, as I remember and understood it, was that the above will never be a problem. We are not likely to see a song titled "Main Title Theme" or "Car Chase", for example.
Only on the "For Your Consideration" album.

"Bathroom Sex"

Jon
09-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Only on the "For Your Consideration" album.

"Bathroom Sex"

The "titles" for that sampler include a movie cue plus the actual track name.

The only exception to this is "Dinner With Sean", which I believe to be not much more than a "musical doodle" that fit well for a small section of the film score, but not in the soundtrack itself. TR/AR had no participation in the assembly of that sampler, to my knowledge.

Edit: Okay, I'm not sure about the actual track names being posted, but regardless, the FYC samplers are put together by studios for critics/judges. This aids in the judging process by making it easy to pick out where a song is used in a film (effectiveness is everything in film scores).

henryeatscereal
09-17-2014, 01:25 PM
I hope Trent includes "Lick my love pump"

http://vimeo.com/92699399

Prettybrokenspiral
09-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Just over two weeks from movie release date and still no news on the soundtrack release? Bleh

sheepdean
09-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Just over two weeks from movie release date and still no news on the soundtrack release? Bleh
It was a fortnight before for the previous two that they dropped so maybe it'll be sudden?

As long as it's not some bullshit Beats-only sampler. Which it will be. So, when it is, someone rip it and hmu.

Prettybrokenspiral
09-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Wasn't their deadline for the soundtrack a week ago, according to that article that was linked to?

The soundtrack...is out there...somewhere...

jessamineny
09-17-2014, 07:42 PM
The WSJ interview was conducted far before the story was actually published.

The interview was the day after the recording with full orchestra. ("Today they'll listen to music for the film they recorded the day before with a live orchestra.") If you go by TR's Instagram, they recorded with the orchestra on July 8. The score, according to the first paragraph, was due one week after the day of the interview. So approximately July 15.

butter_hole
09-17-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm not really up to date with what, say, Hans Zimmer (the only other person I can think of that probably has as close to a brand recognition as TR) does every time he scores a movie. Does it just turn up on iTunes a week later? Are there scores of fans waiting for the deluxe version? A regular CD release?

As far as I know, the Dragon Tattoo score didn't do too great; especially the deluxe edition. Maybe the studio want to go the digital only route, or maybe they're just treating it as any other score, and not the new piece of music from the big rock star man. Surely if there was a package of any sort - or even a regular CD - it would have turned up on release lists by now.

sheepdean
09-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Zimmer does deluxes still, as do many composers - hell, there's independent, low budget films that still have physical releases. The $300 boxset was a bad idea for TGWTDT, but I doubt that's going to mean digital only. Card sleeve CD is guaranteed, but the level that TGWTDT (and maybe even TSN) got is unlikely.

bgalbraith
09-17-2014, 09:05 PM
All I want is vinyl + digital download. There doesn't need to be multiple release tiers.

howdidislipinto
09-18-2014, 05:35 AM
If digital-only still includes Apple Lossless, I'm happy. These days the CD or vinyl will only sit on my shelf anyway. JUST PUT IT IN MY EARS NOW-ISH, TR/AR

sheepdean
09-18-2014, 07:58 AM
If digital-only still includes Apple Lossless, I'm happy. These days the CD or vinyl will only sit on my shelf anyway. JUST PUT IT IN MY EARS NOW-ISH, TR/AR
I'll give you digital files for all your NIN vinyl, seems like a good deal y/y

botley
09-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Bring back Blu-ray Audio like we had for The Social Network. I want lossless 5.1 surround dammit!

howdidislipinto
09-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Bring back Blu-ray Audio like we had for The Social Network. I want lossless 5.1 surround dammit!

I finally, for the first time in my life, have a surround sound system, but my Social Network blu-ray is buried in a box in my parents' attic and would take quite some effort to find. Feel my pain, people!

fillow
09-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Eh. I just want new music. Audio formats can go fuck themselves.

botley
09-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Audio formats can go fuck themselves.
That would be entertaining to watch.

Avarik
09-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Eh. I just want new music. Audio formats can go fuck themselves.

...Some music enthusiasts have decent equipment and take advantage of the high quality formats Trent likes to put music out in.
Carry on with your iTunes earbudz pal

Ryan
09-18-2014, 10:26 PM
That would be entertaining to watch.

Watch might find it entertaining, but Cassette might find it painful with her two holes...

butter_hole
09-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Carry on with your iTunes earbudz pal
you mean the iTunes that can play 24 bit lossless? :o

BenAkenobi
09-19-2014, 10:19 AM
As far as I know, the Dragon Tattoo score didn't do too great...

I blame retailers who saw triple CD set and happily put huge prices on them like 30 bucks and above

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 10:37 AM
I blame retailers who saw triple CD set and happily put huge prices on them like 30 bucks and above
Even Amazon called it a "box set", probably fucking with a lot of people

theimage13
09-19-2014, 10:38 AM

I couldn't care less about 5.1 mixes for music. Once in a very, very, very great while, I feel like just sitting down in one spot and listening to something with absolutely nothing else happening around me. But the thing I love about music is that you can take it anywhere, so a good stereo mix is far, far more important to me than something you have to sit down and carve out over an hour of your day to appreciate.

arsenic
09-19-2014, 11:19 AM
http://www.gonegirlmovie.com/

website update. New music too

(pssss... don't click me) (http://www.gonegirlmovie.com/media/GG-Site-Mixed1_mixdown-192-44-HQ.mp3)

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.gonegirlmovie.com/

website update. New music too

Uploaded for those who can't use the site and can't download it right now http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/post/97895275927/mixdown-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-new

So, this is a mix of a few tracks, I take it this is our sampler?

Deepvoid
09-19-2014, 11:49 AM
This is awesome. I'm loving the vibe.
You know it's gonna complement the movie perfectly.

BenAkenobi
09-19-2014, 12:07 PM
is music on http://www.findamazingamy.com/ new or old? (i haven't followed all the news)

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 12:09 PM
is music on http://www.findamazingamy.com/ new or old? (i haven't followed all the news)
Old, I believe it was the first music we had

botley
09-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Watch might find it entertaining, but Cassette might find it painful with her two holes...
I'll FLAC your 8-Track.

Anyway, I think 5.1 music sounds amazing, particularly for orchestral recordings (which this does have, we can hear the string & wind sections in the new mix). Of course Blu-ray Audio is also the easiest way to cheaply deliver lossless full-resolution stereo in a cross-platform compatible physical format, too (LPCM).

FineFinchTails
09-19-2014, 03:25 PM
How could I extract the audio from those sites? Just in case that music is different from official release coming soon.

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 03:37 PM
How could I extract the audio from those sites? Just in case that music is different from official release coming soon.
Have you read dariocotti's post carefully?

BRoswell
09-19-2014, 03:56 PM
32kbs? Er, think I'll wait for the official score release. :p

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 04:32 PM
32kbs? Er, think I'll wait for the official score release. :p
I thought it was 192 (hardly better)

BRoswell
09-19-2014, 04:35 PM
I thought it was 192 (hardly better)

The secret download was 32. *shrug*

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 05:09 PM
When I grabbed it (from the same url, but I got it myself), file info says 112 - and genre is Blues. Obviously.

I love that the filename ends in "HQ", I feel the sitemaster may have received a decent copy and stripped it.

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Surprised @Leviathant (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1) didn't already post it, but via nin hotline, there's new audio streaming off nin.com, and as always, here's it on fuck yeah atticus http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/post/97925547777/the-way-he-looks-at-me-trent-reznor-and-atticus

Notable: the audio and image are both hosted via modlife. Who else is looking forward to the fun that is a modlife pre-order.

howdidislipinto
09-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Just went to nin.com and got SO EXCITED, hovering my mouse everywhere, hoping for the purchase link. Alas.

But the music is fine I GUESS.

Leviathant
09-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Surprised @Leviathant (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1) didn't already post it

That was me posting it! I can't be everywhere at once! If I get a scoop, I'm going to probably tweet it from the Hotline before I do anything else with it. If you want a purchase link, hold out just a few more days.

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 07:23 PM
If you are like BenAkenobi and haven't been keeping track, did a quick masterpost of what we have so far http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/post/97926111407/the-tracks-so-far-available-from-gone-girl-are-as

I wonder if that is going to be the art, it's pretty much just the promo poster, I was hoping for something super original from Rob

That other guy
09-19-2014, 07:31 PM
http://Nin.com has gone girl soundtrack, mini addy ( stupid iPad not loading more than image )

BRoswell
09-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Holy shit. This is fantastic. Not at all what I was expecting either. Some echoes of Tetsuo here.

arsenic
09-19-2014, 07:46 PM
The track is called The Way He Looks At Me

pssssst another secret download for ETS but don't tell to trent (http://images.modlife.com/custom/nin/splash/The-Way-He-Looks-At-Me.mp3)

FernandoDante
09-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Errors = announcement soon?

http://nullco.com/

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Errors = announcement soon?

http://nullco.com/
Been happening all month - the account that the files are hosted through is "nin", so it might be posted on nin.com anyway.

FernandoDante
09-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Been happening all month - the account that the files are hosted through is "nin", so it might be posted on nin.com anyway.
Oh well. I'm guessing they'll wait until Monday or Tuesday for the proper pre-order.

arsenic
09-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Oh well. I'm guessing they'll wait until Monday or Tuesday for the proper pre-order.

http://i.imgur.com/CVuKhDk.png

fragility3.1
09-19-2014, 08:12 PM
"Soon"

//ten characters

BRoswell
09-19-2014, 08:17 PM
soon
soon
soon
soon

Swykk
09-19-2014, 08:20 PM
I like it. Recalls TDS for me.

Deepvoid
09-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I bet $20 that the person handling the twitter account for Gone Girl was told to use the word "soon".

Anyways, looks like things will start unraveling pretty fast.
Oh and that new song is pretty awesome.

Sarah K
09-19-2014, 08:43 PM
WOW. This has me really excited. I was kind of indifferent on the book. But can't wait to see the movie.

gorast
09-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Ohhhh, here it comes.

I'm getting real damn excited about this. Probably going to be a pre-order Monday or Tuesday.

The preview track on nin.com sounds awesome, too. It's got so many weird noises in it, I love it.

I also like the idea that the artwork will center around clouds, based on the splash page.

slave2thewage
09-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I was getting Quake OST vibes at around the halfway point. Approved.

xfocalinx
09-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Its starting!

FernandoDante
09-19-2014, 10:07 PM
http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=282

via NIN Peru

otnavuskire
09-19-2014, 10:15 PM
http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=282

via NIN Peru

Nice.

Also, for digital only:
http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=281

And vinyl!
http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=283

henryeatscereal
09-19-2014, 10:18 PM
No sampler? awwww

FernandoDante
09-19-2014, 10:19 PM
SEPTEMBER 30TH

DOUBLE ALBUM

FUCK YEAH

On a side note, I cropped that splash page from nin.com to make it look like an album cover, for the story on Antiquiet. I even named the file "not the actual cover". Then a few hours later, boom, it's the actual cover. Heh.

slave2thewage
09-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Ah, nuts, ordered the CD before seeing the post about the vinyl. Oh well.

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 10:42 PM
"Still Gone" is a track

If it's not an alt version of Gone, Still, they've missed a trick

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 10:51 PM
And, of course, the name doesn't follow the previous formats: it's called "Gone Girl Soundtrack From The Motion Picture".

*grumbles about ninwiki*

Other UK people are waiting on the Amazon pre order I assume, don't wanna risk the customs 16 on the vinyl.

slave2thewage
09-19-2014, 10:54 PM
"Still Gone" is a track

But will "LIKE HOME" sound like Home?

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 10:59 PM
But will "LIKE HOME" sound like Home?
Something Disposable will sound like his work with Zach de la Rocha

Ryan
09-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Will "What Will We Do?" be like "What If We Could?" ?

gorast
09-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Wait, this is live, right? Like, ordering will work and everything?

slave2thewage
09-19-2014, 11:28 PM
My order went through. Well, at least it said it did.

gorast
09-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Mine did too, so hopefully it's fine.

I also hope a sampler comes out tomorrow or something.

I do feel just a little bit robbed by the CD price, though - 20 bucks for a 2CD package when GDT was (and still is) 14 for 3 seems like too much.

BRoswell
09-19-2014, 11:30 PM
"Still Gone" is a track

Don't get my hopes up, damn it!

fragility3.1
09-19-2014, 11:32 PM
No limited editions for this release?

slave2thewage
09-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Mine did too, so hopefully it's fine.

I also hope a sampler comes out tomorrow or something.

I do feel just a little bit robbed by the CD price, though - 20 bucks for a 2CD package when GDT was (and still is) 14 for 3 seems like too much.

Confirmation email and it's showing up under "my account", so it's safe to assume it's live. I don't mind the price, international shipping on the CD is $8 when it was something ridiculous with HM.

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 11:36 PM
No limited editions for this release?
Thank fuck, the vinyl is affordable

sheepdean
09-19-2014, 11:40 PM
How about that preview?
2 previous fantastic score albums and the 3 tracks we've had streaming on sites. There's ya preview.

FernandoDante
09-19-2014, 11:53 PM
That did seem a bit weird. TGWTDT was a 6-panel digipack too, right?

gorast
09-20-2014, 12:08 AM
GDT was eight panels - 3 CDs and the slot for the insert. Gone Girl's probably going to be arranged the same way, but with the third CD panel cut off.

onthewall2983
09-20-2014, 12:10 AM
24 tracks on only 2 CD's? I'm more psyched that this will have a similar approach to the last one, with longer more drawn out tracks.

richardp
09-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Everyone speculating about the song titles (Still Gone, etc), know that they all pertain verbatim to their scenes in the film/book. There is no wordplay or nods.

Sarah K
09-20-2014, 12:22 AM
That's the joke.

Leviathant
09-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Posting a link to pre-order pages days before they're finalized... what could possibly go wrong?

While I have no idea how final those pricing and delivery dates are, I know that in the past, they've changed as soon as the night before. Be careful when using unreleased information as though it were officially sanctioned.

Also, NINPeru's on a roll lately.

ninperu
09-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Posting a link to pre-order pages days before they're finalized... what could possibly go wrong?

While I have no idea how final those pricing and delivery dates are, I know that in the past, they've changed as soon as the night before. Be careful when using unreleased information as though it were officially sanctioned.

Also, NINPeru's on a roll lately.

Yeah, you're right... Ironic but i'm gonna wait until the official announcement to order those...

jhulud
09-20-2014, 12:57 AM
Well. Hell. I ordered the CD and vinyl anyways. Fuck it. If they're on the official site, not much can get screwed for me. Or us.

Rubeninphoenix
09-20-2014, 01:06 AM
NIN.com homepage now has a little preview of some music before you access the main page. http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/09/trent-reznor-shares-preview-of-gone-girl-soundtrack-listen/

tony.parente
09-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Wow I watched the video and it's SO nice to hear some analog instruments again coming out of trent.

xfocalinx
09-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Can anybody hook me up with a download link to "echoes"? I've seemed to have missed grabbing that while it was the current thing.

WorzelG
09-20-2014, 02:22 AM
What a great thing to wake up to, I love this, it's a real grower too. I'm telling the kids to go out and play, I've got erm, important things to do

sheepdean
09-20-2014, 02:33 AM
any idea when all the tracks can be sampled?
30th September

Billy-Bumbler
09-20-2014, 02:37 AM
And, of course, the name doesn't follow the previous formats: it's called "Gone Girl Soundtrack From The Motion Picture".

The US iTunes versions of TSN and TGWTDT are appended with the label "(Soundtrack from the Motion Picture)". Naming soundtracks/scores/samplers/compilations messes with my OCD, as well.

Also... Echoes = Empty Places ?

sheepdean
09-20-2014, 02:44 AM
Echoes might have never been the file name and could have been a mistake by the uploader, but I'm sure we'll find out what it is soon - also possible that's the FYC name of course.

simonn
09-20-2014, 03:18 AM

*grumbles about ninwiki*

Other UK people are waiting on the Amazon pre order I assume, don't wanna risk the customs 16 on the vinyl.

Yep, will certainly wait for Amazon to put something up - nothing there yet.

As well as Still Gone/Gone Still, we now have Secrets/Of Secrets and Like Home/Home. Plus Somewhat Damaged now has to share it's acronym with Something Disposable.

Things are about to get confusing.

WorzelG
09-20-2014, 03:47 AM
Anyone jamming out to the preview track over and over? Yes, I'm desperate!
it's really got into my head. I think it sounds quite experimental

Scarlet Siren
09-20-2014, 04:08 AM
Fuck me side ways I'm excited! I've been looking forward to this more than Hesitation Marks.

Deepvoid
09-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Great news to wake up to. Release date, tracklisting and pre-order! Gonna be a good day.

PhoenixML
09-20-2014, 07:58 AM
The products are GONE, GIRL!!!

FineFinchTails
09-20-2014, 08:11 AM
"Still, Gone" is going to be "Gone, Still" run BACKWARDS. :)

Leviathant
09-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Yeah, you're right... Ironic but i'm gonna wait until the official announcement to order those...

I totally can't begrudge you a good scoop, but I'll tell you what I probably would have done in your position. Although I am always very big on citing sources, I wouldn't have linked directly to the uncategorized merch pages - I'd post the information that seemed most likely not to change, while also pointing out that it's tentative information subject to change. It's fruit of the poisonous tree. The tracklist, the available formats, the album art. Where'd I get that info? No one really has to know. I might get contacted about it by the NIN camp, and at that point I'd say "Your fly's down" and point them to the product detail pages from which I pilfered the information.

Obviously someone running the online store screwed up by making those things semi-public. Sequential product IDs are kinda dumb too but that's beside the point. I would think that any ecommerce platform would have the ability to show or hide products. But if it were that ready to go, there's no reason they wouldn't have just linked to those pages themselves from the updated nin.com splash page.

Leviathant
09-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Just got an email:
"We will have to refund those orders as those aren't even the correct prices"

jhulud
09-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Just got an email:

I guess we'll be getting that email as well. I ordered mine around 1:45am EST. Let's see what happens now.

theimage13
09-20-2014, 09:37 AM
"Still, Gone" is going to be "Gone, Still" run BACKWARDS. :)

No...Gone, Still run backwards would be llits ,enog. Still, Gone is just going to be a track about how Still sold out and no one could get their hands on it.

fragility3.1
09-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Just got an email:

Hopefully that means the prices will be lower. I'd gladly pay for the music, but 19.99 for the cd was steep, especially when I also ordered the vinyl. How long after you placed your order did you receive that email?

sheepdean
09-20-2014, 09:39 AM
No...Gone, Still run backwards would be llits ,enog. Still, Gone is just going to be a track about how Still sold out and no one could get their hands on it.
With a chorus beat of "who the fuck bought that storage locker"

ItsJustDave
09-20-2014, 10:08 AM
How long after you placed your order did you receive that email?

Everything points to the fact that leviathant did not place an order. If I was a betting man, I'd wager that a "your fly is down" email was sent and this was the reply.

nothing8
09-20-2014, 10:24 AM
I just had a look at the my account page and checked my order and it's been cancelled, no email yet, though.

EDIT: No refund at this stage either. I'm sure it'll come soon enough.

jessamineny
09-20-2014, 10:58 AM
"Still Gone" is a track

Reminds me of the in-joke they left for us on TSN with "A Familiar Taste" (which used 35 Ghosts IV)

implanted_microchip
09-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Well I'm glad I was too lazy to pre-order last night.

I really hope the vinyl doesn't go past 30 dollars, especially if shipping is 8 (but I know I'll deal with it if it is anyways).

These previews have all been great; the newest one on the main site reminds me so much of something from Silent Hill, I'm beyond sold on this.

gorast
09-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Ah, well, fuck. That'll teach me not to be an overzealous fan.

ninlive
09-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Kind of bummed no deluxe edition. I love me some cool boxsets!! Happy that there will be vinyl.

Has the music from the trailer become available yet?

BRoswell
09-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Has the music from the trailer become available yet?

You have a PM.

Reznor2112
09-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Does anyone have a screen cap of the mistaken "pre-order" page with the tracklisting?

gorast
09-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Does anyone have a screen cap of the mistaken "pre-order" page with the tracklisting?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152499721357247.1073741846.122876062246&type=1

The tracklist is also on NINwiki if you're just looking for that.

BBomkamp
09-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Shitty, I also jumped the gun and ordered a vinyl. My account also says cancelled. Soooooo, what does this mean?

gorast
09-20-2014, 01:58 PM
It means we have to sit here and think about what we've done while our banks process the payments and subsequently process the refunds that Modlife has put in, and then re-order on Monday or whenever.

Swykk
09-20-2014, 02:17 PM
So I missed the not preorder? Okay then.

jhulud
09-20-2014, 02:34 PM
I didn't receive any cancellation email but checked the order status on my account in the site and the orders heave been cancelled.

r_k_f
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Sugar Storm is a bad ass track title....

bebenegro
09-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I gather PM are being sent...? Help?

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
09-20-2014, 10:57 PM
PM? Pwetty please.

Scarlet Siren
09-21-2014, 04:04 AM
Could someone PM me please? I don't want to feel left out;)

ninjaw
09-21-2014, 04:41 AM
do you ppl know about what you are asking a pm ?

Ryan
09-21-2014, 04:53 AM
It isn't out there yet. The PM requested was for the trailer music.

bebenegro
09-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Exactly. I thought the traildr music being previewed was available.

ParaGun
09-21-2014, 08:23 AM
people requesting the "new music" sent to them: don't you people know f*cking YOUTUBE?????

Leviathant
09-21-2014, 09:52 AM
people requesting the "new music" sent to them: don't you people know f*cking YOUTUBE?????

Hi ParaGun. It's nice of you to want to be helpful, but if you are going to say fuck, say fuck. The extra question marks aren't necessary.

ParaGun
09-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi ParaGun. It's nice of you to want to be helpful, but if you are going to say fuck, say fuck. The extra question marks aren't necessary.

fuck, you are so kind. thank you.

jhulud
09-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Uh. What the fuck?!?! Account order details say that my order is cancelled. And yet now there's a pending charge on my bank account from Modlife.

sheepdean
09-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Uh. What the fuck?!?! Account order details say that my order is cancelled. And yet now there's a pending charge on my bank account from Modlife.
Modlife's system is automatic, so the cancellation didn't prevent the order. It'll be refunded once it goes through.

Clownboat
09-21-2014, 06:59 PM
My fly is certainly down.

The Master
09-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?

Leviathant
09-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Folks, let's stay on topic, thanks.

Everyone who posted links to the pre-order page had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't ready for prime-time, but went ahead and linked to it anyway. I'm sure someone doing product entry got an earful and had a shitty weekend because of it. I definitely saw increasing names CCd as emails went back and forth correcting this mistake on Saturday. Kudos on your scoops, @FernandoDante (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=264) and @ninperu (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=999) , I'm sure it was exciting for you too.

Everyone placed their orders on Friday, going into Saturday. Banks certainly don't do much on the weekend, and I'm guessing most people at ModLife don't (usually) work weekends. Have patience, @jhulud (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=324) , your refund is on the way. The official announcement is obviously coming this week.

butter_hole
09-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Weren't you gonna buy it anyway? Wouldn't you rather they just keep the money for when its officially put up?

theimage13
09-21-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't get it....

There's a private page that was not meant to be seen by anyone, and people WILLINGLY entered their credit card information into it and thought "this can't possibly backfire on me?"

Wow. Just....wow.

sheepdean
09-21-2014, 11:49 PM
When will it leak? I'm desperate!!!!!
30th September. Seriously, it's a fucking week, you can live.

xfocalinx
09-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Pro tip: If you can't wait for this to release, listen to the social network and Girl with the dragon tattoo scores.

sheepdean
09-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Pro tip: If you can't wait for this to release, listen to the social network and Girl with the dragon tattoo scores.
Social Network, Dragon Tattoo, Ghosts, Book of Eli, Broken City, Quake - it's not like they've not made a lot of instrumental/soundtrack music.

gorast
09-22-2014, 12:37 AM
What the hell is going on in this thread? Everyone needs to calm down.

Pre-order will probably go live (for realsies this time) tomorrow. Jesus, people.

ninjaw
09-22-2014, 12:49 AM
Same side here. I would never order something not official yet.... especially when it's giving me nothing: it said 30th ! Where's the rush ? Also, I'll wait for any deluxe announcement, including 24/96

Krazy
09-22-2014, 05:52 AM
I hope there are some more aggressive tracks on this soundtrack. So far everything I've heard is super slow and quiet; I certainly hope the entire score isn't like that.

It's a score for a movie- meant to provide ambience and feelings for specific scenes- not the next Slayer album.

ItsJustDave
09-22-2014, 06:09 AM
It'll probly launch for preorder tomorrow. Ironically, we will never discover that it was supposed to launch today, but was delayed due to "unforeseen circumstances".

fillow
09-22-2014, 06:14 AM
Of course there will be aggressive tracks.
The Social Network wasn't exactly an action movie, not even a thriller, but it still had plenty of uptempo and aggressive music. And then there was TGWTDT...
There also may be some awesome music not included in the film (e.g. Oraculum)

Krazy
09-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Clearly you didn't hear the scores for Social Network and Dragon Tattoo, both of which had several aggressive tracks.

Yeah, clearly I havent. ::rolls_eyes::

I'm on many flights a week and catch up on sleep on them, when Im listening to music I have TSN and GWTDT on shuffle to sleep to- kind of "calming" in a way even though some of it can be dubbed for Halloween music. Personally I wouldn't call any of it aggressive but maybe my definition of that term is different from others.

WorzelG
09-22-2014, 08:32 AM
The film gets a good review in the Daily Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/11109996/Gone-Girl-review-David-Fincher-in-fun-mode.html

I particularly like that it says the score is 'voloptuous' and Angelo Badlamenti-ish

slave2thewage
09-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Crying at people not understanding how banks work on weekends.

Scarlet Siren
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Another write up in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/22/gone-girl-review-film-ben-affleck-rosamund-pike-david-fincher?CMP=fb_gu

paul_guyet
09-22-2014, 10:33 AM
I hate modlife so fucking hard...*cough*...hey, modlife, please take this sweaty fistful of money and promise promise (for real and no fooling) that you'll, eventually, send me a chipped/bent/warped vinyl, okay?

Maybe THIS time, it will be different...

*runs away, sobbing*

I'll never learn...

FernandoDante
09-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Folks, let's stay on topic, thanks.

Everyone who posted links to the pre-order page had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't ready for prime-time, but went ahead and linked to it anyway. I'm sure someone doing product entry got an earful and had a shitty weekend because of it. I definitely saw increasing names CCd as emails went back and forth correcting this mistake on Saturday. Kudos on your scoops, @FernandoDante (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=264) and @ninperu (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=999) , I'm sure it was exciting for you too.

Everyone placed their orders on Friday, going into Saturday. Banks certainly don't do much on the weekend, and I'm guessing most people at ModLife don't (usually) work weekends. Have patience, @jhulud (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=324) , your refund is on the way. The official announcement is obviously coming this week.

In all honesty, I thought the pre-order was going live then and there. When I saw that it was a hidden page, I removed the word "pre-order" from my Antiquiet story. I kept the tracklist because hey, it's just a tracklist and barely anyone cares anyway. I don't think even Consequence of Sound saw it. I haven't looked that hard, but I don't think any other site ran with that information (or the Sep 30th release date).

Remember when someone found a last.fm account that was scrobbling Welcome Oblivion way ahead of release, and that's how we found out about the tracklist? No one saw that story either.

Leviathant
09-22-2014, 01:44 PM
In all honesty, I thought the pre-order was going live then and there. When I saw that it was a hidden page, I removed the word "pre-order" from my Antiquiet story. I kept the tracklist because hey, it's just a tracklist and barely anyone cares anyway. I don't think even Consequence of Sound saw it. I haven't looked that hard, but I don't think any other site ran with that information (or the Sep 30th release date).

Remember when someone found a last.fm account that was scrobbling Welcome Oblivion way ahead of release, and that's how we found out about the tracklist? No one saw that story either.

last.fm is such a troublemaker like that :)

Don't mind me too much, I'm just being a whiny cunt. You were quick on the draw to remove the word pre-order, although you do still have links up to the now defunct product listing. I'm only giving you a hard time because I care! The only reason I have an email address to contact about stuff like this is because I followed the steps I outlined earlier whenever I came across information that wasn't meant to be public. Share a little without giving the game away, and eventually a "Where'd you get that?" email shows up in your inbox. Overshare, and with this particular camp, you're likely to get a "Fuck you" email - or Facebook comment - instead.

WorzelG
09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Personally I think the ARG for YZ played a big part in people being unsure of whether information is wanting to be found and released / leaked or a big cock up

sheepdean
09-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah, we were trained for a year to pick apart NIN websites and then some people forget we're not always meant to do that (something about comes forth in the thaw)

SarahConnor
09-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Preview track is very cool.

Prettybrokenspiral
09-23-2014, 04:43 AM
Isn't Modlife known for being notoriously shitty? Is there some kind of incentive for ordering from them this time, like bonus music or limited edition art?

If the answer is no, then FUCK Modlife. In all caps, with extra bitterness for the shitty experiences I've had with them in the past. I'll just order this on Amazon for a cheaper price, free shipping, and have it a month before Modlife would get around to mailing it to me.

I repeat, FUCK Modlife.

ninjaw
09-23-2014, 06:34 AM
It's irrelevant, we do not care about what modlife is offering, but we do care about what TR is offering via modlife like any bonus or deluxe. Yes amazon is offering mp3, and i always try to order on both... but amazon doesn't offer 24/96 flac

sheepdean
09-23-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm pretty much with NYRexall, Modlife is just bad at big orders. Sure, getting the flac on release day is nice, but it's not worth the crap, or the bad packaging.

But, hey, if it comes with a free sticker I'd totally cave

Fadeout54321
09-23-2014, 07:12 AM
If anyone is interested in refunds from Modlife I received mine without receiving an email or anything. Should be hitting everyone else's banks today if it has not already.

Wolfkiller
09-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Isn't Modlife known for being notoriously shitty? Is there some kind of incentive for ordering from them this time, like bonus music or limited edition art?

Was Modlife responsible for the Keep It Together vinyl promo that came with An Omen? I'd be willing to risk their shitty service for more gems like that.

Deepvoid
09-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Reviews are getting in. So far it has an 89/100 metacritic

Variety (http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews/film-review-gone-girl-1201308847/): "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, whose moody electronic compositions have become synonymous with the director’s work, once again devise a soundscape that all but pulses with dread, this time by lacing more traditional orchestral fare with their trademark synths."

The Wrap: (http://www.thewrap.com/gone-girl-review-david-fincher-ben-affleck-gillian-flynn/) "The score, by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, is a more mixed proposition, effective in the places it works and distracting on several occasions where it doesn't."

Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/gone-girl/review/734451): "[...] while the score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/preview-gone-girl-soundtrack-courtesy-734514) consists more of weird electronic rumblings, spasms and burst than of anything conventionally musical."

ninjaw
09-23-2014, 12:08 PM
ALERT ! tweet from TR called "new music"

ninjaw
09-23-2014, 12:09 PM
holy crap ! http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

PhoenixML
09-23-2014, 12:10 PM
4 track preview!

Sarah K
09-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Vinyl release date: Fall 2014

I wonder if that will be anything like the "Spring 2014" release for Tension.

SM Rollinger
09-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Aw hell yes thanks guys!

gorast
09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Wait, no solid release dates for the physical items? Weird.

Definitely doing it, though. Modlife better hurry up with my refund.

fragility3.1
09-23-2014, 12:19 PM
So is this a legit pre-order this time or do I wait for a more official announcement?

jessamineny
09-23-2014, 12:19 PM
huh. the digital release date is Sept. 30, but the CD and vinyl release date is "Fall 2014"

Scraptalicious
09-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Hmmm... no one has any inside tip on a discount code for these, do they?

SM Rollinger
09-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Am I right in that those are 128k files? Thats the only thing im finding with the d/l im using.

arsenic
Just Like You reminds me of the music in The Sims when building a house, although I haven't played that game for years

Sarah K
So is this a legit pre-order this time or do I wait for a more official announcement?

Trent tweeted it. Plus, it is an actual section on the website now. I would say it is safe.

thefragile_jake
09-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Not really a whole lot going on in those tracks except for "Just Like You." Wow, that song is really beautiful. I'd love for more of that style to start creeping into Trent's music as a whole. I'm sure these songs fit into the context of the film better, but first impressions just kind of remind me of the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sound soundtrack which I never really got into.

I think I'll be listening to "Just Like You" for quite awhile.

pwing47
09-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Edit: eh, already posted awhile ago. Guess I got too excited and didn't think to scroll up :)

Checking out the preorder page now!

ninjaw
09-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Am I right in that those are 128k files? Thats the only thing im finding with the d/l im using.

Yes I ripped the original MP3 ans they are 128k like any soundclound preview. Also no idtag

ninjaw
09-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Those cover with a lot of white and zoom are looking very odd on fullHD like .. when I click i got the real sized cover instead of white square

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.modlife.com/store_images/large/Updated%20Vinyl.jpg

gorast
09-23-2014, 12:35 PM
It would've been cool to get a download of the sampler with a pre-order, but that's not a complaint, just an observation.

I'm really liking how quiet and mellow these tracks are (aside from The Way He Looks at Me, of course) - they'll work really, really well as music to work to.

sheepdean
09-23-2014, 12:44 PM
UK people, that means we're looking for an Amazon price of less than ~27.50 for it to be cheaper (44 for expedited comparison) on vinyl.

I'm loving the xylophone (or glockenspiel?) we're greeted with from the sampler, computers are magic but nothing touches live instruments.

slave2thewage
09-23-2014, 12:47 PM
First impressions from the sampler: Still meets Akira Yamaoka's score for Silent Hill 3. Mmmmm.

Q-NeilL
09-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Someone please upload new tracks for download. Send PM. Thanks.

richardp
09-23-2014, 01:01 PM
These tracks are great. Pretty much what I imagined in my head the entire time I was reading the book, which is pretty damn cool. I'm seeing the flick next monday, definitely super excited about it.

Jebus
09-23-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm loving the xylophone (or glockenspiel?) we're greeted with from the sampler, computers are magic but nothing touches live instruments.

I believe that is a vibraphone specifically.

Scarlet Siren
09-23-2014, 01:20 PM
That's my new dark winter nights soundtrack right there <3

Collin
09-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Really digging this. I think Trent's solo piano tracks are great and "Just Like You" may be one of the best. It's got kind of a slightly jazzy mood that is offset by the reverb and notes, it's interesting for sure. "Sugar Storm" is great in the way in lulls the listener in with a hypnotic mallet vibe hook before that eerie electronic shriek creeps in from the background. Honestly, I feel like Trent is putting more effort into these soundtracks then the majority of composers out there. Cool stuff, I'm excited for the entire thing and interested to see how Fincher will arrange these tracks in the context of the film.

Swykk
09-23-2014, 02:02 PM
"Background Noise" sounds like the inside of my head most days. I'm really liking what I hear thus far.

Omega
09-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Any vocals on any of these?

sheepdean
09-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Any vocals on any of these?
Vocalisations on The Way He Looks At Me, but no actual singing. Because, it's like a score album and shit.

perceptionnexus
09-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Hopefully a pre order appears on amazon soon. I gotsta save some dough on shipping. Sampler sounds great so far.

fillow
09-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Not listening to anything till I watch the movie.

implanted_microchip
09-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Any reason for there being no solid physical release date?

dominik
09-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Just Like You reminds me of the music in The Sims when building a house, although I haven't played that game for years

you mean when you put your sim into a room with no door until he pissed himself?