PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh Bells

fortheloveofgod
12-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Looks like a new album is on its way

http://reignofterror.tv/

Space Suicide
12-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I tried liking this band several times. Still just sounds obnoxious to me. Run the Heart is an ok song though.

Kid Charlemagne
12-02-2011, 11:51 AM
The music is very obnoxious. I think they're okay, but they're definitely not the band that critics and bros make them out to be. A lot of it just comes off as noise.

The Dead Rabbit
12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Florida tour announced today. Looking forward to Reign of Terror.

NIN64
01-20-2012, 09:20 PM
I dig this new song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9aeGHsZCdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

richardp
01-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I reaaaally hated the first album, but for some reason I'm really liking the two new songs, and have found myself surprisingly excited to hear the rest of the new album.

carpenoctem
01-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm the opposite. I loved the first album and am fairly indifferent to negative on the new songs.

richardp
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
New album leaked, and it's awesome. It's what I wanted the first album to sound like.

fortheloveofgod
02-14-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/arts/music/the-indie-band-sleigh-bells-new-album-reign-of-terror.html?_r=1 Rip the whole album... its 320kps:)

Great so far. The Times are streaming the whole album. Still miss PTW.

They are playing SNL this weekend too.

Iran_Ed
05-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I saw them live a year ago today, and got the new album yesterday. The novelty has worn off.

carpenoctem
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I thought so too at first, but I love the new album (lol at my previous comment, a few up). They might release another in 2013 judging by a Rolling Stone article I read - they want to get back in the studio as soon as possible. These guys are fun, great mood music, nothing too substantial or thought-provoking but if all the music I listened to was, I'd be a sad, boring person.

Iran_Ed
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Never say die on the new album is the only song that I find listenable.

carpenoctem
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Never say die on the new album is the only song that I find listenable.

I am now going to reply with one of those requisite "What, that is the only one I find unlistenable" comments. I wish I could be more original, but I mean it; that is easily the most boring track on the album.

Iran_Ed
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I am now going to reply with one of those requisite "What, that is the only one I find unlistenable" comments. I wish I could be more original, but I mean it; that is easily the most boring track on the album.

As I reread what I wrote earlier, I realize how snarky and Pitchfork sounding that came out. I should've said the only one I truly enjoy and had fun with. The rest of the album was just a let down for me.

carpenoctem
05-21-2012, 08:51 PM
As I reread what I wrote earlier, I realize how snarky and Pitchfork sounding that came out. I should've said the only one I truly enjoy and had fun with. The rest of the album was just a let down for me.

No, don't worry, I didn't think it sounded snobby. It's just a continual surprise to me how other people's tastes can go so thoroughly in the opposite direction from mine. It takes all kinds I guess. (Including those who love The Slip - all three of them.)

thefragile_jake
09-03-2013, 11:33 AM
New album on it's way with a new track.....and GOOD LORD is it bad.

http://youtu.be/Cr-ahiFDkts

I really loved their first album Treats and Reign of Terror was just not for me. Maybe I just liked the rawer production they had going but that's what made what they were doing so much more interesting, when they cleaned things up a bit on the next one...the power and intensity went away to me.

This new song tries to go for a harsher sound but the song writing is suffering the most here too. Now they're just incredibly obnoxious.

fortheloveofgod
09-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Totally agree with you. New song is kinda lame and cheesy. Hopefully some of the other songs on the new album have a bit more bite. Kinda expected a little more from these guy, but hey it only one song.

richardp
09-04-2013, 03:36 PM
New song is total garbage.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-04-2013, 03:37 PM
saw them open for LCD a few years back. enjoyed that set but most of their music sounds meh to me.

thefragile_jake
10-05-2013, 11:13 AM
New album leaked, giving it a listen now...
I still think that first song is utter trash.

EDIT: Thank god the album is so short. This feels very rushed and incredibly bland. "24" is an okay song but they're really starting to lose it with me.

Space Suicide
10-05-2013, 12:14 PM
New album leaked, giving it a listen now...
I still think that first song is utter trash.

EDIT: Thank god the album is so short. This feels very rushed and incredibly bland. "24" is an okay song but they're really starting to lose it with me.

They always seemed that way to me. I fail to see why they're so popular. Their songs sound so obnoxious, such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kJ05P-71gY

So droning, overly loud and uninspired.

Riot Rhythm and Run the Heart are the only two songs I like. Besides that they can screw off for all I care.

thefragile_jake
10-05-2013, 12:28 PM
They always seemed that way to me. I fail to see why they're so popular. Their songs sound so obnoxious, such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kJ05P-71gY

So droning, overly loud and uninspired.

Riot Rhythm and Run the Heart are the only two songs I like. Besides that they can screw off for all I care.

See I love that sound! This is probably of my favorite songs off that album too.

To me, it was the true sound of noise pop. Something catchy and sweet to the ears but distorted and a little off putting. Treats will forever be a great listen but they just haven't done anything for me with the last two albums.

neorev
10-06-2013, 10:34 PM
I quite enjoyed their first album, I will admit it...
but they keep getting worse and worse with each follow up album.
And this new album is by far the worse, not a decent single track.