PDA

View Full Version : NIN Tension 2013 concert film - Thu, Dec 5, L.A. show to be streamed on VEVO

Pages : [1] 2

theimage13
12-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here. Mods, hope you don't mind the title change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4

TheBang
12-03-2013, 03:32 PM
"90-minute NIN Tension 2013 concert film will premiere on Thursday 12/5 @ 12p ET only on VEVO apps and YouTube.com/NineInchNailsVEVO!"

Description from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdxvFZ12tdM

sick among the pure
12-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Timing is off, we usually don't get presents from Trent till x-mas/new years.
Sooooo not complaining though, because holy shit I'm excited.

nashstat
12-03-2013, 03:50 PM
So Excited!!!! That explains the cameras @ Staples!

Frickin amazing though - partnering with Google to promote Tension 2013 instead of going the traditional route of releasing a DVD/Blu-ray... Makes sense with almost everyone and their mothers trying to get in to the Digital Streaming market!

NIN gets it while others don't!

slave2thewage
12-03-2013, 03:53 PM
90 minutes? Awww, things got cut :(. Not really complaining though, I'm sure the whole thing will look amazing.

botley
12-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I dunno, I'm a bit bummed that there will be ads on it with every watch (unless you rip the stream/ad-block, ahem). Also not as high-quality as an official Blu-ray. But this is an awesomely fast turnaround!

ryanmcfly
12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
They should release the full set blu-ray.

theimage13
12-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Speculation aplenty:

-Who knows.

I had a few friends on the tour, and checked with one of them a while back to see if they knew anything about the filming. Who, why, etc. Long story short: see above.

Personally, I really hope there will be a release directly from the camp that features the entire show. But after watching the behind the scenes and seeing how on edge Trent was about a lot of things, I wouldn't be surprised if the 90 minute part came as a result of scrapping things that he didn't really want to draw any attention to. But hopefully I'm wrong, and it's just a random number that made it easier to hit an earlier date for a streaming presentation, and a full show will arrive later. Either way, 90 minutes is a hell of a lot better than none minutes.

Scarlet Siren
12-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Staples was a spectacular show, amazing to have been there. It was a long show too so looking forward to seeing which songs made the cut. :D Can't wait to watch it.

jessamineny
12-03-2013, 04:31 PM
If each "segment" of the tour (2013 U.S., Australia/New Zealand, 2014 UK/Europe, 2014 U.S.) is going to have a different approach, it'd be cool if they'd film each one and then release everything all at once in a physical format.

sick among the pure
12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
If each "segment" of the tour (2013 U.S., Australia/New Zealand, 2014 UK/Europe, 2014 U.S.) is going to have a different approach, it'd be cool if they'd film each one and then release everything all at once in a physical format.

True, I revoke my earlier statement. This makes much more sense, like how BYIT had a separate part for the summer amphitheater tour, but instead of just being a handful of songs, having entire shows.

Fist Fuck
12-03-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm fine with it just being an online release like that, I just hope they didn't cut out too much. LA had the longest setlist, so it was clear they would cut out certain songs (or at least play a couple more in case they had to cut out parts), but cropping a 135 min. show to 90 min. show would be a little much. Either way I'd never complain about yet another live stream we get for free.

ryanmcfly
12-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Hope someone rips it in audio.

sick among the pure
12-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Hope someone rips it

I'm sure there will be a full audio rip, cut up into individual songs for iPod'n, as well as a full video rip form the source code. It's just a matter of waiting for the people who know what they're doing, and are awesome enough to upload and share. And to these people, I speak for the whole community when I say "thank you so fucking much for being awesome."
This fucking fan base, seriously.

Black Sabbath
12-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Sorry if I'm just ignorant, but where does it say it's going to be the show on the LA show that's streamed?

Also, I'm all over the VEVO video from 13:00 until the end :)

ethan829
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Sorry if I'm just ignorant, but where does it say it's going to be the show on the LA show that's streamed?

Pretty sure that's the only one (with the full Tension production) that was filmed.

sick among the pure
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM

People are probably just assuming since it was that show that they were filming and that the NIN crew said it wasn't for a DVD but rather for something like a TV special.

gorast
12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Shit, I won't be able to watch it when it premieres. I wonder if they'll do repeat showings? Failing that, I'm sure somebody will grab it.

This is great news, though. Hopefully Trent won't use this as an excuse to avoid a full Blu-ray release, though.

cynicmuse
12-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Bah. I'll be on an airplane when this premieres. Here's hoping they just leave it up on the youtube channel. Now I have to wonder what got cut from the setlist... hopefully not any of the Hesitation Marks material.

m15a
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
(sorry for repeating from the other thread, but . . ) if this was only going to be "live" streamed, it'd make no sense to do so at 9 AM pacific time. on the other hand, it makes total sense to debut the video at the start of the day if it'll be available to play whenever.

has there been anything on Vevo that hasn't been available for streaming on demand (like a regular youtube video or Vevo video on youtube)?

EDIT: also, if it was only playing once, it'd probably be on Vevo TV (which i don't even think most people know about), not on the NIN Vevo youtube page.

BRoswell
12-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing some of the slower tracks will get the boot. Can't wait to check it out though.

thevoid99
12-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Oh shit, that's going to be on my B-day. New Criterion DVDs and a NIN show. This is awesome.

Scarlet Siren
12-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh shit, that's going to be on my B-day. New Criterion DVDs and a NIN show. This is awesome.

It's the day after mine! A great present, right fellow Sag baby! ;)

jessamineny
12-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Pretty sure that's the only one (with the full Tension production) that was filmed.

The audience footage in that new 15-minute Vevo behind-the-scenes video was shot in D.C. I only saw the two handheld cameras at that show, though, so I'd be surprised if they could get 90 minutes of concert footage out of two cameras. I was on rail, so they could have had others I didn't see, like a stationary camera on the soundboard and another/others in the crowd. But still.

FernandoDante
12-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Come back on Thursday 12/5 at 12p ET for an exclusive 90-minute Tension 2013 concert film!

Fucking fuck. I hope the setlist selection is reasonable, focusing on the songs that have the coolest visuals, and avoiding the ones that have been played to death.

All I'm saying is keep 1,000,000 the fuck away.

Charmingly Miserable
12-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Since I was at the LA show, it will be interesting to see which songs will be cut and how they will put the whole thing together. I can't imagine leaving anything out, though. I felt like the whole show acted out as one dynamic.

sick among the pure
12-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Just realized the irony of when this is premiering is it will be while I'm working as a teaching assistant at an art workshop with my teacher, who has a history with Trent (the one I've mentioned before who photographed him multiple times over the years). I don't think she'll have a problem with me streaming it while we work.

jesus
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
So after everyone said what I wanted to say I'll just add: Im excited! cant wait!!!

Krazy
12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Unlikely, but would be awesome if end credits for this would pop up US 2014 tour dates.

Im also wondering what visual trickery TR decided to scrap- chances are it'll never see the light if day (yes, I'm a complete dork when it comes to NIN's live visuals. Sue me!! You can see the LITS version of Only in a clip there. ). Also unlikely but worth me speculating: that stuff's (production equipment) already there and paid for, possibly could break it out for future US dates. Due to logistics and cost I doubt it's shipping over seas but who knows. TR mentioned an electronic set for the next leg and the visual stuff helps with that tone.

icecream
12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
I have no idea how these Vevo/YouTube streams work. Could I still watch it online after the streaming date? I have a class during that period and would rather not skip it.

Krazy
12-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I have no idea how these Vevo/YouTube streams work. Could I still watch it online after the streaming date? I have a class during that period and would rather not skip it.

Neither do I but assuming its like the iTunes stream of HM, where it's just up for a certain amount of days and you can play as you please. I really doubt they would put it on at noon on a work week for only a live stream.

m15a
12-03-2013, 09:17 PM

there has been no indication that this won't just be a 90 minute video up on youtube through Vevo. Vevo sometimes have debut times for music videos, and it's just when the video goes live on youtube.

jessamineny
12-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I think I missed the source -- where did we learn this was going to stream? The YouTube video says it will "premiere" at a specific time, but doesn't say anything about streaming. Edit: Aaaaand three of us have the same idea here. :)

m15a
12-03-2013, 09:19 PM
I think I missed the source -- where did we learn this was going to stream? The YouTube video says it will "premiere" at a specific time, but doesn't say anything about streaming.

youtube is a video streaming site, soo . . . EDIT: in other words, i think streaming is just meant in the more broad sense like all youtube videos.

EDIT2: sorry. typed before thinking. as far as i know, "streaming" was used in the facebook post - "Then get ready to watch the end result this Thursday 12/5, streaming free online. Stay tuned."

jessamineny
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
youtube is a video streaming site, soo . . .

I think you misunderstand my post. Streaming, as in playing just once at a specific time.

Ryan Tollefson
12-03-2013, 09:25 PM
This is not a live stream.

It is a stream of live performance.

Does that make sense?

Krazy
12-03-2013, 09:27 PM
They "streamed" HM on iTunes remember. Don't get it confused with "live streaming" ala the festivals.

icecream
12-04-2013, 03:42 AM
This is not a live stream.

It is a stream of live performance.

Does that make sense?
Got that, smart ass. Just when some bands upload concerts to YouTube/Vemo they are only for a set period of time. When I read the info on here, I was wondering if it was a, "stream it once the buy it later" kind of thing or a, "we will throw it on the internet and it will be there forever" kind of thing

Ryan Tollefson
12-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Got that, smart ass. Just when some bands upload concerts to YouTube/Vemo they are only for a set period of time. When I read the info on here, I was wondering if it was a, "stream it once the buy it later" kind of thing or a, "we will throw it on the internet and it will be there forever" kind of thing

Smart ass? How was I being smart? I think what's going on is fairly obvious. I was just trying to help you and those who don't understand what's going on here. Not my fault you don't know the difference between live and stream. I've never heard of stream it once, buy it from you tube.

theimage13
12-04-2013, 05:31 AM
I think I missed the source -- where did we learn this was going to stream? The YouTube video says it will "premiere" at a specific time, but doesn't say anything about streaming. Edit: Aaaaand three of us have the same idea here. :)

...get ready to watch the end result this Thursday 12/5, streaming free online. Stay tuned.

That was the exact wording on the Facebook post for the video. So when I wrote that it would be streaming, that's what I was talking about. Whether that word implies "one and done" or the show going up as something that you can start and stop at your leisure is open to interpretation, I suppose.

FernandoDante
12-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Whether it's going to be a one-time stream (unlikely) or something that'll be available to watch for some time, I'm pretty sure that RITC will have an HD version up for grabs by Saturday.

r_z
12-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Anyone happen to download the making of (part 2) and/or could point me to a link? Unfortunately Vevo's Yt channel is banned in Germany...

Tumnayar
12-04-2013, 12:23 PM
fuck, I want a bluray!!!!

Krazy
12-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Anyone happen to download the making of (part 2) and/or could point me to a link? Unfortunately Vevo's Yt channel is banned in Germany...

Not sure if it matters, link is probably same- but you try it from the nin.com homepage?...

r_z
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
nah, it's the exact same yt video they link to..

r_k_f
12-04-2013, 12:33 PM
"Tomorrow we’re unveiling a 90 minute video of the show, filmed in LA, available to watch for free on Vevo. This was filmed and produced by the same team who did the How To Destroy Angels Coachella webcast and the NIN Lollapalooza/Outside Lands webcasts. I’m immensely proud of what we (eventually) achieved and I’m excited to have it presented professionally for the world to see." - R-Sheridan

blugel
12-04-2013, 12:57 PM
still hoping for a physical release of the whole show at some point...

Toadflax
12-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Definitely disappointed in the 90 minute runtime. Having seen the show in person I'd definitely love a full video.

That said, if it's 90 minutes of Hesitation Marks, Even Deeper, A Warm Place, etc., I'll be happy. If it's 90 minutes of Wish, March Of The Pigs, The Hand That Feeds, and all the other songs we've seen live and in HD a billion times, I'll be less so.

howdidislipinto
12-04-2013, 02:52 PM
That said, if it's 90 minutes of Hesitation Marks, Even Deeper, A Warm Place, etc., I'll be happy. If it's 90 minutes of Wish, March Of The Pigs, The Hand That Feeds, and all the other songs we've seen live and in HD a billion times, I'll be less so.

Obviously I could be wrong, but I would think it HAS to focus on the newer/visually exciting stuff that they want to show off, and not the, ahem, standards. Making it free means this has to be something they want newbies to watch and think, "Wow, NIN is amazing," and those people would turn it off 10 seconds into Terrible Lie. (I of course love Terrible Lie, I'm just saying.)

Trent himself said Tension became more about the "deeper grooves" so I'm guessing that's what they narrowed down the 90 minutes to represent.

Toadflax
12-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Obviously I could be wrong, but I would think it HAS to focus on the newer/visually exciting stuff that they want to show off, and not the, ahem, standards. Making it free means this has to be something they want newbies to watch and think, "Wow, NIN is amazing," and those people would turn it off 10 seconds into Terrible Lie. (I of course love Terrible Lie, I'm just saying.)

Trent himself said Tension became more about the "deeper grooves" so I'm guessing that's what they narrowed down the 90 minutes to represent.

Yeah, I totally agree. I just worry with the whole Vevo/Columbia thing that Trent might not have control over what gets put on it. Obviously, there will be plenty of new songs, but it's a question of whether In Two gets cut so they could fit The Hand That Feeds on there. That kind of thing.

Just for fun, here's my ideal 90ish minute set in bold (although it's probably still a song or two too long):

Copy Of A
(1,000,000)
(Terrible Lie)
(March Of The Pigs)
(Piggy)
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Various Methods Of Escape
The Frail
The Wretched
Sanctified
In Two
The Big Come Down
(Survivalism)
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
(Wish)
(The Hand That Feeds)
(Head Like A Hole)
Satellite
Even Deeper
In This Twilight
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

WorzelG
12-04-2013, 03:47 PM
^^^the only thing is, they have to play the end of show pre-encore thing which would be head like a hole surely? Or the continuity will be off

Tumnayar
12-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I totally agree. I just worry with the whole Vevo/Columbia thing that Trent might not have control over what gets put on it.

I highly doubt Trent would have put himself in a position to not be in total control of releases after going through all the shit he has in the past with record labels/music industry execs.

also, full physical release please!

ManBurning
12-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I really wish "All the Love in the World" was played on the LA set. Would have been nice to have an official soundboard recording of that song. The biggest and best surprise of Tension 2013 in my opinion.

I'm so glad I got to witness "All the love..." live. It was one of the most exciting experiences of my life beaing able to hear one of my top 10 fav NIN songs live for the first time.

Toadflax
12-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I really wish "All the Love in the World" was played on the LA set. Would have been nice to have an official soundboard recording of that song. The biggest and best surprise of Tension 2013 in my opinion.

I'm so glad I got to witness "All the love..." live. It was one of the most exciting experiences of my life beaing able to hear one of my top 10 fav NIN songs live for the first time.

Yeah, I heard them soundcheck it while waiting to get into the Kimmel show. Then they didn't play it there or at Staples. Painful.

Toadflax
12-04-2013, 04:10 PM
^^^the only thing is, they have to play the end of show pre-encore thing which would be head like a hole surely? Or the continuity will be off

I'm sure they can edit it so that it seamlessly goes into the encore, but, yeah, this isn't what I think the set will be- just what my ideal set would be (if I had to keep it under 90min, of course).

Scarlet Siren
12-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I heard them soundcheck it while waiting to get into the Kimmel show. Then they didn't play it there or at Staples. Painful.

I'll never forget the moment I stepped out the taxi and arrived at the venue and ATLITW was being soundchecked, I'd landed in LA after a 2 hours before after a 14 hour flight, delays at customs, card issues, I was running hideously late but when I heard that song it hit me I was about to see NIN again and I was in LA! What an incredible feeling!!

Krazy
12-04-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm sure, and hoping, THTF will be played- the visuals for it are pretty fucking insane.

Krazy
12-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Check this post out, for those that haven't seen it in the NIN sub-forum...

theprp reporting a CD/DVD release next April: http://www.theprp.com/2013/12/04/exclusive/new-nine-inch-nails-live-cddvd-set-rumored-for-april/

Corona Radiata
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Even Deeper in the preview of the concert video: vevo.ly/ywuIsq (http://vevo.ly/ywuIsq) (it's in the ad that plays before the video, actually.)
That clip is from the actual Vevo video, so it's just from rehearsals and not from the actual concert.

m15a
12-04-2013, 06:03 PM
That clip is from the actual Vevo video, so it's just from rehearsals and not from the actual concert.

d'oh. thanks.

howdidislipinto
12-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Missing ATLITW is my biggest Tension regret. I get why they did Satellite instead at Staples, and I get why Trent had the sads and did a shorter encore at Vegas Night 2, but man... not getting to see my all time favourite With Teeth song hurts me deep down inside. I would kill for even a NINJA-style Rob video. Sigh...

martin_b
12-05-2013, 01:48 AM
Well, it seems that Santa Claus is coming to to... erghh... NIN community one day earlier this year. ;-)

Thanks Trent for sharing what you are going to share today!

Well, I have one question: 12:00 PM ET time is... 18:00 PM UTC+1 time, right?

Maurish
12-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Well, I have one question: 12:00 PM ET time is... 18:00 PM UTC+1 time, right?
Yes, that seems to be right.

p_rez17
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM
The link is live!

arsenic
12-05-2013, 10:50 AM
The link is live!

here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4

sick among the pure
12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Let it buffer way ahead, nothing else is using any bandwidth, still choppy as fuck, reasons I'd rather dish out $ on a physical copy. :\
Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, just having a sad moment hoping youtube quits misbehaving.

k258
12-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Ahhh....bliss.

Deepvoid
12-05-2013, 11:06 AM
It's streaming perfectly fine in 1080 on my end.
I don't understand why they chopped 30 minutes off though. I really don't, unless we get a physical release with the whole thing.
If not, it doesn't make any sense.

I guess blu-ray just been announced. So I do understand ...

Paper Street
12-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh my.

The godly bass on MOTP by Pino is...blowing my fucking mind man.

ryanmcfly
12-05-2013, 11:07 AM
It appears they cut 1000000, Terrible Lie, Find My Way, Various Methods of Escape, The Frail/TheWretched, Survivalism, Running, Somewhat Damaged, Wish, Satellite, and In This Twilight.

dlb
12-05-2013, 11:09 AM
It appears they cut Running, Satellite, and In This Twilight.

wait, wut? Three songs with stunning visuals? Hopefully we will get them in another release. Other than that I can't wait to get home, rip that shit and put it on all my devices! :)

martin_b
12-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Josh rocks! Really! I love this man! ;-)

I thought that maybe there will be a chance for VMOE, Running and Satellite, but... Well, it seems that I have to wait for a new DVD/Blu-Ray Halo then.

This show is awesome! Thank you, TR!

thatguymark
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm having no problems streaming either, though it did bump down from HD. Either way, it looks and sounds goooooood. Nice and clean. I think I spotted my bald head in there once already, too. :O)

ryanmcfly
12-05-2013, 11:13 AM
wait, wut? Three songs with stunning visuals? Hopefully we will get them in another release. Other than that I can't wait to get home, rip that shit and put it on all my devices! :)

Agreed. I can see why In This Twilight was cut because the visuals aren't that different from the gift footage. I'm quite disappointed about Running though.

scorpiusdiamond
12-05-2013, 11:14 AM
All I watched was MOTP and I've decided to abstain from concert footage until I see them next year.
I wanna be blown away by stuff like that in real life...
edit: unless the show *drastically* changes that is.

sick among the pure
12-05-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm having no problems streaming either, though it did bump down from HD. Either way, it looks and sounds goooooood. Nice and clean. I think I spotted my bald head in there once already, too. :O)

Might be my problem, I'm telling it to play only in 1080, not letting it play what will run the best. Also noticed that running full screen was giving me more visual lag than not, which is obviously not a youtube problem. Ah, tech, how you still confuse me after all these years.
Also, seeing the list of what was cut, I am fucking gutted, no Somewhat Damaged or Satellite makes me cry. ESPECIALLY FUCKING SATELLITE! The lights for that were amazing.

sick among the pure
12-05-2013, 11:17 AM
All I watched was MOTP and I've decided to abstain from concert footage until I see them next year.
I wanna be blown away by stuff like that in real life...
edit: unless the show *drastically* changes that is.

I have no reason to believe it won't drastically change. You won't be getting the same screens or band members as far as I can tell.

icklekitty
12-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Someone is recording this for a torrent, yes?

FernandoDante
12-05-2013, 11:20 AM
It appears they cut 1000000, Terrible Lie, Find My Way, Various Methods of Escape, The Frail/TheWretched, Survivalism, Running, Somewhat Damaged, Wish, Satellite, and In This Twilight.
Cutting Satellite and Running makes little sense to me. Awesome visuals on both of those.

skullboy0
12-05-2013, 11:23 AM
It's here: Watch a full 90 minute HD concert film from our LA show last month: http://nin.com/tension - Expanded Blu-ray/DVD coming in 2014.

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/408646950855008256

sick among the pure
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM
It's here: Watch a full 90 minute HD concert film from our LA show last month: http://nin.com/tension - Expanded Blu-ray/DVD coming in 2014.

https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/408646950855008256

Good, the rumors were true. And looks like the full set will be on it? I'm guessing that's what "expanded" means.

k258
12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
The sound is phenomenal! I can hear everything crystal clear - including, finally, the girls' voices. I could barely hear them in person.

[parasite]
12-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm liking all I've heard so far.....
thank you!

otnavuskire
12-05-2013, 11:40 AM
This is awesome. Makes me wish I'd seen the tour more than twice. Can't wait for the full Blu-Ray release.

OchoBits
12-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Black Noise live is like The Great gig in the sky for this generation. What an overwhelming song :O

OSLIN
12-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Is is me or did the visuals on CBH change some time during the tour?

I hope we get a copy of StrobeLight included with the Blu-ray when it's released in April.

I'm listening now at work and Sanctified is George Michael sexy. Also, love the addition of the synth from Sunspots.

skullboy0
12-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Good, the rumors were true. And looks like the full set will be on it? I'm guessing that's what "expanded" means.

The Facebook page has a bit more info:

"An expanded Blu-ray/DVD/digital release is coming in Spring 2014, with additional content, 5.1 surround sound, and more. Details and pre-order coming soon, sign up at http://nin.com/tension to be notified as soon as pre-orders are live."

I was wondering what additional footage they could include (outside of the rest of the LA show), wonder if they'd have songs that weren't played in LA as bonus footage, or maybe some festival show footage. I could've sworn I'd seen a comment yesterday from the band that today's footage was done by the same people who did Lollapalooza & one of the other festival shows.

Edit: Actually it was Rob on Facebook: "This was filmed and produced by the same team who did the HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS (https://www.facebook.com/howtodestroyangels)Coachella (https://www.facebook.com/coachella)
webcast and the NIN Lollapalooza/Outside Lands webcasts."

Jebus
12-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Black Noise live is like The Great gig in the sky for this generation. What an overwhelming song :O

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had this thought run across their mind.

Lisa and Sharlotte are incredible additions to this lineup.

talkingnothing
12-05-2013, 12:01 PM
am I missing something or does 1hour 17 minutes not equal 90 minutes? where's my other 13 minutes!! KIDDING. This is fucking awesome. can't wait for blu.

SarahConnor
12-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Post Setlist?

Javra
12-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Damn, the sound is really good there. (a bit too much of back vocalists but that's just my taste)
Sequenced parts and synths are really present, not just guitars, drums and more guitars like it seemed to be with most of the pre-Halo28 lives.

And well, those visuals... Got my ticket for the European tour (paris) and hope we'll get something as mindblowing (And gosh, do i hope they'll keep While I'm Still Here in the setlist for this tour.)

Setlist (it's in the video description but was requested) :
copy of a
march of the pigs
piggy
all time low
disappointed
came back haunted
sanctified
in two
the big come down
the hand that feeds
head like a hole
even deeper
while i'm still here
hurt

howdidislipinto
12-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Very, very strange that they cut some of the best visuals. Was looking forward to showing off Running to my friends!!

Nevertheless, I'm excited to watch. I peeked at Copy Of A. I couldn't hear the bass at all but I'm hoping that's just my computer.

I know everyone is talking bluray, but I'm really happy that the best version of NIN live musically is getting a CD release. Who knows, maybe ATLITW can even sneak on the CD even if it isn't on the video just like TDTWWA was on the AATCHB CD and not the (main portion of the) DVD.

Too many acronyms.

Digital Twilight
12-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Even Deeper just blew me away. The back up singers are great as is Pino.

I need to buy more tickets for next year's tour.

otnavuskire
12-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Very, very strange that they cut some of the best visuals. Was looking forward to showing off Running to my friends!!

Nevertheless, I'm excited to watch. I peeked at Copy Of A. I couldn't hear the bass at all but I'm hoping that's just my computer.

I know everyone is talking bluray, but I'm really happy that the best version of NIN live musically is getting a CD release. Who knows, maybe ATLITW can even sneak on the CD even if it isn't on the video just like TDTWWA was on the AATCHB CD and not the (main portion of the) DVD.

Too many acronyms.

Where did they say anything about a CD?

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 12:13 PM

No need for a torrent. Just go to videograbber.net, paste the YouTube link, and download it right now!

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 12:14 PM

I had the same thought 100%.

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM
am I missing something or does 1hour 17 minutes not equal 90 minutes? where's my other 13 minutes!! KIDDING. This is fucking awesome. can't wait for blu.

Seriously, though. That's a hell of a generous roundup. Especially for a 2+ hour show.

Let's all bug Trent on the AMA today about why the cutting and whether we'll see a full release!

FernandoDante
12-05-2013, 12:18 PM
So, sorry if this has been asked here already, but what's the best way to download this? KeepHD?

skullboy0
12-05-2013, 12:18 PM

theprp reporting a CD/DVD release next April: http://www.theprp.com/2013/12/04/exclusive/new-nine-inch-nails-live-cddvd-set-rumored-for-april/ (http://www.theprp.com/2013/12/04/exclusive/new-nine-inch-nails-live-cddvd-set-rumored-for-april/)

All the official posts from the band have only said DVD/Blu-Ray. I'm sure the audio will get ripped & posted somewhere if there's no official CD release.

kevinbeetle
12-05-2013, 12:22 PM
in two looks amazing

cant wait to get home and watch the whole show on my tv rather than my shitty work monitior

theimage13
12-05-2013, 12:24 PM

I've been trying, but the websites I normally use won't seem to process it and the software I have will only pull a low resolution version. I think it has something to do with being hosted on a VEVO channel - I've read that people have had problems downloading their videos.

FULLMETAL
12-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Again, I'm just happy I got what I deserved @ 55:46. My gruff visage usually never makes the cut.

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
videograbber.net for those asking. Looks like you can only get it at 720p, but it's a start until the wizards figure out the next step.

doucette
12-05-2013, 12:38 PM
that was brilliant. and it sounds like we have some of the best visuals to look forward to when the entire show is released next year.

p_rez17
12-05-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm glad we got the Sactified version with a hint o' Sunspots!

billpulsipher
12-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Damn, the sound is really good there. (a bit too much of back vocalists but that's just my taste)

dude, if you badmouth the backup singers on this board, you get destroyed. apparently they are a sacred part of the NIN family now. so just buy into the Kool Aid and say how they are UNBELIEVABLE, like everyone else here says

sick among the pure
12-05-2013, 12:50 PM
dude, if you badmouth the backup singers on this board, you get destroyed. apparently they are a sacred part of the NIN family now. so just buy into the Kool Aid and say how they are UNBELIEVABLE, like everyone else here says

He was saying the mix had them a bit too loud.

Highly Psychological
12-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Even Deeper sounded stunning.

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Not working for me. Are you using the desktop version or just the site? Neither is clipconverter.cc and it's not on dime yet.

Just the site. I pasted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUeQAnhVwklc7uo0cpMGqBiA

and downloaded with no problems. You have to run a Java thing to do it, so make sure you're allowing permissions for that.

FernandoDante
12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Awesome so far. That synth on In Two is still annoying though.

Alvetica
12-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Again, I'm just happy I got what I deserved @ 55:46. My gruff visage usually never makes the cut.
I can see the people next to me, but I'm always stuck behind a light rig. :(

m15a
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Seriously, though. That's a hell of a generous roundup. Especially for a 2+ hour show.

Let's all bug Trent on the AMA today about why the cutting and whether we'll see a full release!

based on the fact that the video was posted at the same time as the physical release announcement and looking at the setlist, i'm thinking this video is just a (very big) sampler of what will be on the bluray/DVD. keeps us entertained now (and reaches a bigger audience through youtube) while not making the physical release redundant.

botley
12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
This is the best that the band has ever, ever sounded. You don't have to agree with me but you're probably not as right as me.

howdidislipinto
12-05-2013, 01:18 PM

My bad, I misread the Tension page. D'oh. Wishful thinking?

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Looks like I'm having luck with the Video Download Capture software linked to on videograbber.net. I'll report back after it finishes downloading.

k258
12-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Every time Trent introduces the band, when he gets to Robin last, all I can think is, "Scarecrow, I think I'll miss you most of all."

FULLMETAL
12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah, the videograbber site worked for me but only the 720p. The clipconverter site couldn't grab the 2gig 1080p file.

BRoswell
12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm three songs in, but holy fuck. This is good shit.

EDIT: All Time Low definitely comes alive...er...live. It's a good track on the album, but the live version just...wow. Now I'm even more pissed I didn't get to see this in person.

sick among the pure
12-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Every time Trent introduces the band, when he gets to Robin last, all I can think is, "Scarecrow, I think I'll miss you most of all."

At one of the shows I went to, I want to say Newark maybe, he introduced them in reverse order, and Robin was all "wait, what, me first?"
The best was in Toronto though, saying "and Robin fucking Finck"

OSLIN
12-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Even Deeper sounded stunning.

Was hoping maybe they would add a little sax toward the end. Think it would probably sound a little too Black Noise I guess.

Scarlet Siren
12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I was still in the office when this was streaming (thank goodness for working with two screens) so I called my workmate over to show her what exactly I've been harping on about for the past 2 months. She sat beside me for 5-10 minutes and said 'holy shit! :o this is amazing, I've never seen anything like it. Wooooooah!'

*smug face*

Javra
12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
He was saying the mix had them a bit too loud.

Actually I'm not a big fan of the harmony/way of singing aesthetic they bring to this tour.
Some of what they bring is really interesting (All the love in the world, Even Deeper, While I'm Still Here, All Time Low...).

But sometimes the interesting and new harmonies they bring to the vocal part makes it sound a bit too "big rock band with back vocalists cliché" for me. (mostly on the choruses, like in CBH)
And it also makes it loose some punch (in a weird way) and raw to have vocals that sound so "powerfull" and well trained.
But that could be probably solved by lowering them a little bit in the mix. (and in the end it's just related to my personal tastes)

On the other hand this seems to be my favorite NIN incarnation ever, Pino is just killing it and it feels like there is less and less thing comming out of pro tools (especially on the synth/drone side, in part due to the addition of Joshua)

screwdriver
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
YESSSSSSS the mix on In Two is so much better than the show I saw -- though I would still turn down that fucking high pitched thing

fillow
12-05-2013, 02:03 PM
This is the best that the band has ever, ever sounded. You don't have to agree with me but you're probably not as right as me.
I agree, except for TBCD

botley
12-05-2013, 02:37 PM
I agree, except for TBCD
Yeah, nobody plays that song like Aaron did. They really have the groove down-pat now, but Aaron's solo from Beside You In Time can't be topped. It still rips my face off every time.

ryanmcfly
12-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Anyone got an audio rip yet?

gorast
12-05-2013, 02:59 PM
My bad, I misread the Tension page. D'oh. Wishful thinking?

The rumor from yesterday did say that a CD would accompany the release, but I'm pretty sure they were just wrong on that account. We'll probably never get another CD/DVD live release, unless the audio is a digital bonus.

icecream
12-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Too bad A Warm Place/Somewhat Damaged was cut along with While I'm Still Here/Black Noise. Those were highlights for me

botley
12-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Too bad A Warm Place/Somewhat Damaged was cut along with While I'm Still Here/Black Noise. Those were highlights for me
The latter two are in the Vevo version.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Anyone having luck with a 1080p rip yet?

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Hoo! Hadn't noticed this thread, but I was looking through today's AMA and saw Trent say "That's part of the incentive behind releasing the Tension footage now" and said, whoa, releasing what now?

This is what I was blathering about back in the Austin City Limits thread: do stuff with the footage now while we're waiting impatiently for the official full release. Awesome.

But I have to wait for everyone to go home before I crank it up.

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Anyone having luck with a 1080p rip yet?

Looks like the Video Download Capture software I mentioned at videograbber.net did the trick. I have space issues on my work computer, so there was an issue syncing the audio and video, but it downloaded in 1080p with no watermark or anything, so anyone with the hard drive space should be good to go. I'll try again when I get home tonight.

ManBurning
12-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Most of the good songs were cut (A Warm Place/Somewhat Damaged, The Frail/The Wretched). I'll wait for the physical release before watching/listening to this again.
Gonna skip an "audio rip" of this until the full show is available. Rather listen to the full thing than half the concert.

ScreamingSlave
12-05-2013, 03:58 PM
I uploaded the 1080P Rip to RITC for everyone I am sure he will post a link soon :)

Toadflax
12-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I uploaded the 1080P Rip to RITC for everyone I am sure he will post a link soon :)

Many thanks!

FULLMETAL
12-05-2013, 04:15 PM
So, I'm going through the audio entering track markers and I'm embarrassed to say that you can totally hear me scream, "Yes!" at the end of "In Two." I'm such a fucking nerd.

Digital_Man
12-05-2013, 04:39 PM
how long until audio rip, i wanna go for a jog while listening to it ,_,

simonn
12-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Youtube vids definitely didn't do Disappointed justice (as you'd expect). That was all kinds of awesome. Have the 2gb 1080gb, thanks Toadflax for the heads up on that site! Will give it a full run through tomorrow at a more sensible time (and less sensible volume).

fragility3.1
12-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Someone yells out "Sunspots" after the band introduction. Wonder who that was? :D

Papagolash
12-05-2013, 05:43 PM

I can't think of anyone more deserving to have a beer can shoved up their cunt than you.

Scarlet Siren
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Someone yells out "Sunspots" after the band introduction. Wonder who that was? :D

I think I know who that might be, stood behind me when I was at the rail,. Can't emphasise enough how LOVELY he is. Definitely wanted to hear that one song more than any other! Haha!

scorpiusdiamond
12-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I have no reason to believe it won't drastically change. You won't be getting the same screens or band members as far as I can tell.

Yeah I said that before the AMA, I've changed my mind now for obvious reasons

Harry Seaward
12-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Ilan running from his drums to the keyboard, and then back to the drums in what seems to be the blink of an eye is hilarious. Around 8:30 - 9:15 during MOTP.

gorast
12-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Ilan running from his drums to the keyboard, and then back to the drums in what seems to be the blink of an eye is hilarious. Around 8:30 - 9:15 during MOTP.

I like how he's really calm and takes his time getting to the keyboard, but when going back to the kit he runs.

R-Dot-Yung
12-05-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm surprised at how well the footage conveys the experience I had at the shows I went to. Very nicely done.

Scarlet Siren
12-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I see you during Head Like a Hole FULLMETAL 55:46! :D

nooneimportant
12-05-2013, 07:32 PM
This is amazing.

TheBang
12-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah, pretty sure there's an edit there. The delay before the drums come back in is usually longer.

slave2thewage
12-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Robin's face during HLAH and Trent's dancing during Sanctified killed me.

Krazy
12-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah, nobody plays that song like Aaron did. They really have the groove down-pat now, but Aaron's solo from Beside You In Time can't be topped. It still rips my face off every time.

People can diss 'Only' live all they want- fact if the matter is the song was fucking awesome with TR and Aaron doing the guitar work for it on the WT tour(s).

Ill l'll still throw in the BYIT BRD or go to YT for that song- doesn't hurt that it had awesome visuals for it too.

Papagolash
12-05-2013, 10:15 PM

Was it the mp4? Audio seemed slightly off to me on that one, slightly behind the video.

ninlive
12-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey all,

Not sure if I will post the video. I am assuming that this is the footage that they will be using for the Tension 2013 DVD/Blu-Ray? As this will be a "commercial" release, I think just so I don't step on any toes over at Columbia, I don't think I will be uploading it to the archive. Don't know if people saw the copyright at the end of the rolling credits. Just makes me a bit uneasy going ahead and uploading it. It's as if I would rip and host "And All That Could Have Been" or something along those lines.

EDIT: I do think it's FANTASTIC that so many people wanted to upload this to the archive. You guys rock.

ManBurning
12-05-2013, 11:38 PM

I must be deaf... I don't hear it. I went back and listened to the "Trent speaks" part between when Even Deeper ends and While I'm still here starts up 3 times and all I hear is yelling and whistling. What time stamp exactly is it yelled out?

All you people must have super hearing.

gorast
12-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Since it's on YouTube, it's incredibly easy for people to rip on their own if they need it.

AgentofChaos
12-06-2013, 01:56 AM
Just watched it and that was incredible. As someone who caught the tour early on, this was the perfect companion to that experience with some new songs thrown in. Sanctified was pure sex, and am so glad it was brought back later in the tour even if I didn't get to see in live myself. It needed to be performed by this group and it sure as shit did not disappoint. And oh yeah, In Two was absolutely epic. Might be my favorite song from this tour, and is definitely my favorite live track off HM (While I'm Still Here a close second. Pumped for Satellite but haven't seen it yet)

Overall, the sound was excellent, and the videography and editing was very well done.

Robin Finck is one bad ass motherfucker.

I found this to be a perfect treat at the right time given my tour withdrawal (found myself wishing lately that I would have seen a second show), and am even more excited to get my hands on the full dvd set. It shall be a great documentation of this short lived era. Link me to that preorder TR and take my money. I tip my hat to you, sir.

I don't remember if any other of the one or two shows that were recorded had any of the following 4 songs, but if there are any *bonus* tracks, I'd kill for Into the Void, I Would For You, The Day The World Went Away, and All The Love in the World. Otherwise that LA set is spot on.

fillow
12-06-2013, 02:13 AM
What song played during credits roll?

Scarlet Siren
12-06-2013, 02:18 AM
What song played during credits roll?

Chariots of Pumpkins from Halloween - Seasons of The Witch

LOVEANDZOMBIES
12-06-2013, 03:36 AM
I get the feeling that the bluray won't be this exact show. While today's release was good and on par with the festival shows, it doesn't have the artistic touch that other releases like BYIT and AATCHB have. I think even if they do use footage from this show, a lot more work will be done to make it really spectacular.

dlb
12-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Having a proper BD release almost ready after one month since the show seems a bit early. Anyway, this really blows my mind and Trent is better than ever. The band is sounding thight as hell and I just love the addition of Pino and the girls. Josh brings alot to the band aswell and while I still prefer the Freese over Ilan that guy can rock hard! It's beyond words what I just show and I am super excited for the shows next year. in two and copy of a have to be my favorite songs from HM by now.

I hope they amp this one up a notch for the official release and that we get the other songs played that night aswell (terrible lie, somewhat damaged, a warm place, running and satellite for me please!). "tons of additional content" sounds promising though!

Seeing Trent's hands coming out of the dust at the beginning of copy of a activated my fan mode hard!!! It's a sheer joy to watch this man rocking out and while he got some cheesy moves here and there he is way ahead of everyone else in the industry when it comes to bringing his stuff to the stage.

WorzelG
12-06-2013, 05:04 AM
The sound quality on this is amazing compared to the YouTube footage I've seen so far, while I'm still here / black noise are outstanding (I really really hope those songs make it to the Europe set lists)

Fist Fuck
12-06-2013, 06:35 AM
The sound quality on this is amazing compared to the YouTube footage I've seen so far, while I'm still here / black noise are outstanding (I really really hope those songs make it to the Europe set lists)

You do know that it'd need the Tension line-up to pull this song off, right? If he decides to play it, it will sound completely different.

nooneimportant
12-06-2013, 07:20 AM
You do know that it'd need the Tension line-up to pull this song off, right? If he decides to play it, it will sound completely different.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does some of these songs without Pino and the backup singers. Don't forget they did alot of synth heavy tracks without Alessandro in 2009, which by the way gave birth to the best version of The Becoming.

martin_b
12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Have you compared the number of shots of Robin, Lisa, Ilan, Pino and Sharlotte to the number of shots of Josh and Alessandro?

It's quite strange I think...

(I intentionally didn't mention Trent here, because it's logical that he is the-most-important person in every show)

Krazy
12-06-2013, 10:05 AM
I get the feeling that the bluray won't be this exact show. While today's release was good and on par with the festival shows, it doesn't have the artistic touch that other releases like BYIT and AATCHB have. I think even if they do use footage from this show, a lot more work will be done to make it really spectacular.

Id agree 100%, and hope that's the case. I remember some people complaining about certain festivals having mostly one side of the stage shot- I didn't really care much since it was just a live festival stream. The far/panned camera for this release seemed to ALWAYS be on the right side.

ninjaw
12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
tons of singles fro that show just been published

Amaro
12-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Sanctified is my number one highlight...then In Two. So hot.

Krazy
12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I see the jackass from Japan with the light sabre made it to the LA show. Lovely.

Toadflax
12-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I see the jackass from Japan with the light sabre made it to the LA show. Lovely.

Yeah, he was a couple people in front of me. To his credit, he usually kept it down during the actual songs.

But still.

ninlive
12-06-2013, 03:37 PM

I disagree, this is just a sample of the full product. These guys might have been working for Vevo, they were the same guys who filmed Coachella. Rob gave direction to the filming of the HTDA show, so I would assume the same for the LA filming. It's different than AATCHB and BYIT because the way they wanted to portray the show. I don't think any of the other shows were filmed with that high quality camera equipment. I would suspect ETS members would be all over it stating their show was filmed.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Have you compared the number of shots of Robin, Lisa, Ilan, Pino and Sharlotte to the number of shots of Josh and Alessandro?
Yeah, Josh was practically invisible over on the left. I think Allesandro got slightly more screen time. Since we haven't seen the entire film, I'm not ready to cry foul just yet. But it does look like an outsider was setting the priorities…

Did anyone else notice how everyone on the left looked so serious during the band intros, and everyone on the right was smiling?

ZootZap
12-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Couldn't watch the concert film as it is banned in Germany and through unblock-sites I couldn't watch either:(

Up to now I watched just a few Tension snippets (sometimes I couldn't resist:rolleyes:) on YouTube, as I hoped for the full production to experience on the European tour next year and wanted let myself be surprised then.
Now we know that this sadly won't happen (a four piece band is nothing new to us Europeans, that happened already at the Wave Goodbye tour...) BUT I have to say that the festival tour this summer was absolutely killer!!

Next year I will buy the official release but for now:

Is there anybody who could help me out and I could finally watch this concert in the near future?
Any PM is appreciated...

EDIT: problem solved, got a working link, thanks Bookmark!

hani
12-06-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm watching the show right now, and by God, does Trent love Kraftwerk or WHAT

this = disappointed visuals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91VJ4JTTubk

Conan The Barbarian
12-06-2013, 05:29 PM
ummmmmmm no

gorast
12-06-2013, 05:43 PM
That reminds me, there are definitely recreations of the Down in It cover art at least three times during the show. I noticed it first in Disappointed, and I was like "Hey, that's a really cool callback," and then it happened again in The Big Come Down and one other song that I can't remember right now.

m15a
12-06-2013, 06:41 PM

uhhh, no. kraftwerk didn't invent lines.

Krazy
12-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Josh fucking Freese!! :D

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/B963B353-912A-480A-B7DC-C76F17E65A8E.png (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/B963B353-912A-480A-B7DC-C76F17E65A8E.png.html)

nothing ground breaking obviously- he'll tweet NIN related stuff from time to time- just think its cool that they've got a friendly relationship. And The Freeser is awesome!!

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Nah. Too clean, too slow, too yellow.

slave2thewage
12-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Damn, this looks good on my TV.

Tumnayar
12-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Someone should have taken that shit away.

nooneimportant
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
That reminds me, there are definitely recreations of the Down in It cover art at least three times during the show. I noticed it first in Disappointed, and I was like "Hey, that's a really cool callback," and then it happened again in The Big Come Down and one other song that I can't remember right now.

I think I saw the Pretty Hate Machine cover in the visuals to Came Back Haunted once or twice. It was really fast but I know I saw it.

ninlive
12-06-2013, 10:13 PM
In all honesty... Who doesn't like Kraftwerk?

sick among the pure
12-06-2013, 10:55 PM

If I get that you're saying, the last song would be In Two?

Krazy
12-06-2013, 10:58 PM
No disrespect to others musical tastes (to each their own), but I don't care for Kraftwerk. Way too electronic (read: don't play the typical instruments).

gorast
12-06-2013, 11:53 PM
In Two was the other one, yeah. I feel like the use of the same motif three times during the show means it's not really a callback, but you never know. Maybe someone can ask Rob on Twitter, since he would most likely be responsible for it.

Your Name Here
12-07-2013, 12:37 AM
In all honesty... Who doesn't like Kraftwerk?

I agree LOL "Who Doesn't Like Kraftwerk" I think Trent is influenced by them. As I'm sitting here listening to the latest Daft Punk CD.

That being said, I've been wanting to respond to this thread and I have been reading through this. So here goes as somebody who only went to the Vegas shows (without the screens) it was really cool to see the artistic vision for the overall production of the show that Rob and Trent came up with. It was a jaw dropping mind blowing production and the lighting was simply amazing. The Hesitation Marks songs come across so much better live. I love Copy Of A live, also Various Methods of Escape. I'm happy I got to see NIN live and even though I didn't get to see the full production I couldn't be happier that I will soon have my own Blu ray to watch whenever I want. As somebody else had mentioned I think the Vevo version we watched online is simply a sample of the much larger version hopefully the whole show. What would be awesome is if they included the full LA show and the El Paso show in a two or three blu ray special edition set. That being said I can't wait to get mine.
.....and I agree with whoever yelled out "SUNSPOTS" in the show hopefully they will include the song on the 2014 North American Tour.
I'm thrilled the blu ray is coming out!

Omega
12-07-2013, 02:40 AM
I liked the 3d cube thing, great idea by Rob.

howdidislipinto
12-07-2013, 03:04 AM
I think I know who that might be, stood behind me when I was at the rail,. Can't emphasise enough how LOVELY he is. Definitely wanted to hear that one song more than any other! Haha!

Hey, I remember him! I'll have to listen for that next time I watch, ha!

Volband
12-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Let's see...

Copy Of A: The best damn thing in the video, such energy! Copy Of A is another great example why everyone should see NIN live at least once, even if they are not too fond of the entire nin discography. I hope he won't get tired of it by the time he comes to Europe, because damn straight I want to see it - and this version!! much better than the festival one, and that was cool as well. When Trent does "the aeroplane" I can't help but giggle, he's really into it, and that's satisfying to see.
March Of The Pigs: I like the synth intro better, but doesn't really matter, MOTP is MOTP.
Piggy: This is the song I've got to dislike over the years, because the album version is boring after the verses are over, and the live version is even more dull, unless you are there. It's a great crowd pleaser, but unless you have X thousand more people around you shouting "NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW" it just doesn't do it for me. The only exception was Ghosts Piggy, where Josh totally killed it. Sorry Ilan.
All Time Low: Maybe I watched/listened to it way too many times in JKL and from other concert footages, but this performance was just an "ok" for me. I hate the ending, but I guess I hate every non-agressively extended endings (Piggy, ATL, Disappointed...). Also, they could've done more with the screens imo.
Disappointed: This motherfucker right here!! I don't ever want to see it live without ANYTHING that's been presented here (visuals, backup singers, etc), because it would mean bathroom time for me, howewer, this performance is 10/10. It nailed me to the screen, and the outro worked much much much ... much better live. It kinda made sense, I don't know? It definetly helped me to digest the album version easier, just like when I saw Reptile live in '09 and from nearly unlistened status it went to one of my favourite live songs.
Came Back Haunted: I missed the energy Trent had in Copy of a, but the seizure-screens were nice.
Sanctified: I don't like the lights here, could've been much better. I tried to focus on the Sunspots beats towards the end but couldn't hear it, I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to hear, haha. Anyway, it's a nice addition to the setlist, and as long as it's not Closer, Trent can make all the sexy beats he wants.
In Two: Another highlight from the video, I really dig the way Trent sings the "I just don't know..." part. The visualare overkill, the song itself without any lights could hold its' own, but with these visuals just... boooom! Inb4 Mr. Self Destruct/With Teeth/In Two will be rotated in one leg of the tour!
The Big Come Down: Just like the recent version of ITV, I just can't feel the same power with this one, and I found myself daydreaming during it. The backup singers rock the ending though.
The Hand That Feeds: In case someone didn't get a seizure during CBH.
Head Like A Hole: --
Even Deeper: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and I probably won't hear it, because Trent would feel it's a stepback if he performs it without backup singers. I'm really happy for those who had the chance to witness it live, but seeing how really fucking awesome it is, just makes my heart all the more broken. (Oh well, I take WITT into The Fragile, Trent, no worries!) Trent's "please..." improvisation was so good he might as well played Please after it.
While I'm Still Here: I'd like to praise WISH (wow, this still amazes me), but you people weren't kidding when you praised Black Noise. For me, 1. Copy Of A, 2. Black Noise/Even Deeper from this performance. My faith in Ilan has been restored. And now, about The Perfect Drug...
Hurt: --

Can't wait for the whole show, esp. Satellite!

19ninetynine
12-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyone got an audio rip yet?

Also interested in this ;)

screwdriver
12-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Also interested in this ;)

I love the ninternet -- I came here with this exact thought :-)

screwdriver
12-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Let's see...

Copy Of A: The best damn thing in the video, such energy! Copy Of A is another great example why everyone should see NIN live at least once, even if they are not too fond of the entire nin discography. I hope he won't get tired of it by the time he comes to Europe, because damn straight I want to see it - and this version!! much better than the festival one, and that was cool as well. When Trent does "the aeroplane" I can't help but giggle, he's really into it, and that's satisfying to see.
March Of The Pigs: I like the synth intro better, but doesn't really matter, MOTP is MOTP.
Piggy: This is the song I've got to dislike over the years, because the album version is boring after the verses are over, and the live version is even more dull, unless you are there. It's a great crowd pleaser, but unless you have X thousand more people around you shouting "NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW" it just doesn't do it for me. The only exception was Ghosts Piggy, where Josh totally killed it. Sorry Ilan.
All Time Low: Maybe I watched/listened to it way too many times in JKL and from other concert footages, but this performance was just an "ok" for me. I hate the ending, but I guess I hate every non-agressively extended endings (Piggy, ATL, Disappointed...). Also, they could've done more with the screens imo.
Disappointed: This motherfucker right here!! I don't ever want to see it live without ANYTHING that's been presented here (visuals, backup singers, etc), because it would mean bathroom time for me, howewer, this performance is 10/10. It nailed me to the screen, and the outro worked much much much ... much better live. It kinda made sense, I don't know? It definetly helped me to digest the album version easier, just like when I saw Reptile live in '09 and from nearly unlistened status it went to one of my favourite live songs.
Came Back Haunted: I missed the energy Trent had in Copy of a, but the seizure-screens were nice.
Sanctified: I don't like the lights here, could've been much better. I tried to focus on the Sunspots beats towards the end but couldn't hear it, I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to hear, haha. Anyway, it's a nice addition to the setlist, and as long as it's not Closer, Trent can make all the sexy beats he wants.
In Two: Another highlight from the video, I really dig the way Trent sings the "I just don't know..." part. The visualare overkill, the song itself without any lights could hold its' own, but with these visuals just... boooom! Inb4 Mr. Self Destruct/With Teeth/In Two will be rotated in one leg of the tour!
The Big Come Down: Just like the recent version of ITV, I just can't feel the same power with this one, and I found myself daydreaming during it. The backup singers rock the ending though.
The Hand That Feeds: In case someone didn't get a seizure during CBH.
Head Like A Hole: --
Even Deeper: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and I probably won't hear it, because Trent would feel it's a stepback if he performs it without backup singers. I'm really happy for those who had the chance to witness it live, but seeing how really fucking awesome it is, just makes my heart all the more broken. (Oh well, I take WITT into The Fragile, Trent, no worries!) Trent's "please..." improvisation was so good he might as well played Please after it.
While I'm Still Here: I'd like to praise WISH (wow, this still amazes me), but you people weren't kidding when you praised Black Noise. For me, 1. Copy Of A, 2. Black Noise/Even Deeper from this performance. My faith in Ilan has been restored. And now, about The Perfect Drug...
Hurt: --

Can't wait for the whole show, esp. Satellite!

nicely said! faves for me are Copy of A, Came Back Haunted (I fucking love this song, and the live version is great), and Disappointed.

Even Deeper -- I'm sure objectively this recording is really amazing, but having seen it in NYC and having a near out-of-body experience at the time, I feel like it's missing something ;-)

colletta
12-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I love the ninternet -- I came here with this exact thought :-)

but seriously, does anyone have it?

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Trent and Rob (or anyone else, really) haven't explicitly said there'll be an audio release of the full show, have they? All I keep seeing are blu-ray/DVD/digital formats.

Also, rest assured - This IS the NINternet, and when a full-blown HD concert video goes up online directly from the band itself, free to view, you can believe someone will have a link up to any video/audio downloads of said video. Patience is key! ;) I'm sure it'll be up on RITC in no time.

BRoswell
12-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm sure it'll be up on RITC in no time.

Actually it won't be. They said they won't be uploading it since it's part of an official release.

nowimnothing
12-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I am having issues trying to watch the extended version on Vevo.

It is glitchy and stops randomly. Has anyone got a rip of the extended Vevo version that wouldn't mind passing it on to me so I can watch it?

Thank you in advance!

ZootZap
12-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Same with me, I've also problems to watch the video! Audio is ok but the pictures are way to slow. It's impossible to watch.
YouTube is banned for me as a German. I also tried to download from Vevo (just for watching) but that didn't work either.

Now I'm also asking: Has anyone got a rip of the Vevo version that wouldn't mind passing it on to me so I can watch it?
and also: Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Videograbber made it possible for me to download (not super quality) but now I can watch the video. I'm fine now :)

screwdriver
12-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I feel like this all makes a good case for simultaneously launching the vevo and the bluray sales. I get what they were trying to do, and again kudos to NIN for continually innovating with "new media," so lesson learned.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Actually it won't be. They said they won't be uploading it since it's part of an official release.

Wow, I'm an idiot. I knew that. Thanks. :P Even so! We all know video/audio will be up and ready to be shared somewhere else very soon, and it will definitely be made known where, so there's really no need to even ask.

m15a
12-07-2013, 04:58 PM
but seriously, does anyone have it?

re: audio . . . tpb. (EDIT: actually, i think there's some mistakes in the audio there. "copy of a" is cut off, at least for me.)

suprefan
12-07-2013, 05:02 PM
No disrespect to others musical tastes (to each their own), but I don't care for Kraftwerk. Way too electronic (read: don't play the typical instruments).

They created electronic music, what is it supposed to sound like? One of their albums actually has live instrumentation btw.

And where is the video, unless RITC is taking the weekend off.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2013, 05:10 PM
They created electronic music, what is it supposed to sound like? One of their albums actually has live instrumentation btw.

Read up a couple posts and you'll have your answer. ;)

The Master
12-07-2013, 05:16 PM

RITC already said he doesn't want to host it on his website due to the copyright issues of an impending dvd/bluray release.

But yaaaar! Avast me mateys. Shiver me timbers! All hands on deck? I want to be a sailing into the bay! Until then if a kind land lubber could give me a pm to help me out with this video it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Yaaar!

colletta
12-07-2013, 05:17 PM
re: audio . . . tpb. (EDIT: actually, i think there's some mistakes in the audio there. "copy of a" is cut off, at least for me.)

Thank you! That would be a real shame if copy of a was cut off.. That's one of the highlights of the show for me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2013, 05:22 PM
RITC already said he doesn't want to host it on his website due to the copyright issues of an impending dvd/bluray release.

But yaaaar! Avast me mateys. Shiver me timbers! All hands on deck? I want to be a sailing into the bay! Until then if a kind land lubber could give me a pm to help me out with this video it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Yaaar!

Wow! Edward Kenway?!?

packetslave
12-07-2013, 05:44 PM
There might or might not be a copy (of a?) in that one place down by the bay, but it might or might not be crap. All of the tracks might start like 20 seconds late and might cut off 20 seconds early.

hani
12-08-2013, 06:45 AM
uhhh, no. kraftwerk didn't invent lines.

ugghh, no, I'm not saying he ripped off Kraftwerk. Trent once said he was inspired by their visuals and this is clearly an example, and I think that's awesome. it's not the first time he was inspired by Kraftwerk too, Came Back Haunted took a lot from Tour de France for example. also awesome.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I watched it two more times back to back. Definitely better in HD when my connection can handle it, which seems to be when the whole damn world is asleep and/or dead.

I can say with confidence that the vocal mix is just fine (ahem), and I hear that squeaky In Two synth in my head all the time now. So those arguments are settled. :p

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I am having issues trying to watch the extended version on Vevo.
It's the same video on YouTube and Vevo. Vevo just fucked up the running time — it's 77 minutes (=1:17), not 1:77.

screwdriver
12-08-2013, 12:37 PM
so in the process of trying to grab this off youtube, I've noticed that Vevo/youtube is outsmarting me and randomly inserting blocks of silence in

RJK
12-08-2013, 12:40 PM
so in the process of trying to grab this off youtube, I've noticed that Vevo/youtube is outsmarting me and randomly inserting blocks of silence in

I was able to grab a perfect copy in 720p off of YouTube but I've been unable to get a 1080p copy off of YouTube.

darksiren82
12-08-2013, 12:41 PM
This show is fantastic! I'm watching it on Youtube and loving every minute of it. Sanctified, CBH, Disappointed, Even Deeper and WISH are absolutely amazing here. I cannot wait to get my hands on the DVD/BluRay. I give mad props to Lisa and Sharlotte whenever possible, but I really cannot get over how great TR sounds here - screaming, snarling, riffing. This whole lineup might be one of the best.

screwdriver
12-08-2013, 12:46 PM
I was able to grab a perfect copy in 720p off of YouTube but I've been unable to get a 1080p copy off of YouTube.

remind me how youtube works -- is there a difference in audio quality in 720p v 1080p or does that only affect the video display?

RJK
12-08-2013, 12:49 PM
remind me how youtube works -- is there a difference in audio quality in 720p v 1080p or does that only affect the video display?

As far as I can tell it only affects video quality.

screwdriver
12-08-2013, 12:52 PM
As far as I can tell it only affects video quality.

cool, I'm grabbing the video that's down by the bay and am just going to grab the audio out of that

thanks!

m15a
12-08-2013, 01:17 PM
ugghh, no, I'm not saying he ripped off Kraftwerk. Trent once said he was inspired by their visuals and this is clearly an example, and I think that's awesome. it's not the first time he was inspired by Kraftwerk too, Came Back Haunted took a lot from Tour de France for example. also awesome.

i'm not saying that trent wasn't influenced by kraftwerk. i'm sure he has. (he has mentioned them before. in reference to the stage setup in the festival tour.) but i'm saying that video isn't clearly an example of inspiration. it might be clear to you, but . . well, can you explain where you see the connection? timestamp?

(btw, i think trent being inspired by kraftwerk is awesome, too. kraftwerk is one of the few groups i've liked as much as NIN longterm, and the kraftwerk concert i went to from that tour was one of the best i've been to.)

sick among the pure
12-08-2013, 01:20 PM
This show is fantastic! I'm watching it on Youtube and loving every minute of it. Sanctified, CBH, Disappointed, Even Deeper and WISH

Ok we have got to do something about this WISH business because I was like "They... didn't play Wish...?" then I realized that the acronym for While I'm Still Here is the same as someone who is SUPER EXCITED about Wish.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Ok we have got to do something about this WISH business because I was like "They... didn't play Wish...?" then I realized that the acronym for While I'm Still Here is the same as someone who is SUPER EXCITED about Wish.
WISHBN.

I didn't try it, but videograbber.net has an audio download option.

theimage13
12-08-2013, 07:06 PM

The solution is to mind your manners and stop yelling ;)

RGM81
12-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Great show, lots of fun to watch that. Very excited for the full-length release in the spring!

martin_b
12-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Yeah, Josh was practically invisible over on the left. I think Allesandro got slightly more screen time. Since we haven't seen the entire film, I'm not ready to cry foul just yet. But it does look like an outsider was setting the priorities…

Yeah, you are right. I thought about it in the same way after publishing my last post. What's more interesting: starting from "In Two" the editor has decided to show more JE and AC shots. But I was a little bit surprised, when I saw that JE was shown for about 3-4 seconds while he was playing his saxophone solo during WISH. This man deserves a little bit more attention. But as you wrote: let's wait until the final Blu-Ray release.

Did anyone else notice how everyone on the left looked so serious during the band intros, and everyone on the right was smiling?

Yes! I noticed that also and that was a little bit strange! JE, PP and IR were quite serious. I'm starting to believe that the non-official reason why JE will not play with NIN next year is that there were some falling-out between him and TR. And this set-to could take place some days before the filmed LA show...

WorzelG
12-09-2013, 02:23 AM
^^^but why would that make PP and IR serious? Also I don't understand why there always has to be so much drama surrounding NIN and the musicians involved, surely they realize it's not a proper 'band' and they are paid so should be professional about things and not get all huffy when the line-up changes

EDIT just realized I'm being a bit harsh, I've been made redundant twice from jobs I actively hated and got upset over it, so I guess it's worse in a creative sense

Ryan
12-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Well, I'm Still Hard

konkelo
12-09-2013, 04:41 AM
This was awesome! It's good that they didn't give it all straight away (wasn't the full show) so there's something to wait for the actual thing. Still this felt like a complete show. And man these new songs sound so good live. Copy Of A live version has so much more energy than the album version. Came Back Haunted was the weakest of the new songs to me, somehow it wasn't so good as on the album. While I'm Still Here/Black Noise destroys as well.

screwdriver
12-09-2013, 07:56 AM
cool, I'm grabbing the video that's down by the bay and am just going to grab the audio out of that

thanks!

well, that video ended up having mono audio but I ended up getting stereo audio after some fancy computer workarounds. if you're interested, shoot me a message

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-09-2013, 10:07 AM
^^^but why would that make PP and IR serious? Also I don't understand why there always has to be so much drama surrounding NIN and the musicians involved, surely they realize it's not a proper 'band' and they are paid so should be professional about things and not get all huffy when the line-up changes
Yeah, I wasn't thinking there's any drama behind it. More likely Lisa and Sharlotte are having an effect on Allesandro and Robin. :)

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, you are right. I thought about it in the same way after publishing my last post. What's more interesting: starting from "In Two" the editor has decided to show more JE and AC shots. But I was a little bit surprised, when I saw that JE was shown for about 3-4 seconds while he was playing his saxophone solo during WISH. This man deserves a little bit more attention.
They cut to a different shot every couple of seconds anyway, so I don't think he necessarily got shorted on the sax solo. They had him really close up after all.

He and Robin also got a decent amount of attention at the end of HLAH. We may see more of him yet.

redshoewearer
12-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Very much looking forward to the DVD! I made it to Lolla, but wasn't able to get to any of the Tension shows, so it was awesome to see this.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Should we report NIN to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Drummers? They've got Allesandro and a full-time bass player up there and Trent is still making Ilan run to the piano on MOTP. And you'd think they could put it someplace closer so he wouldn't have to travel that far…

With Josh and Pino gone now, the drummer abuse is just never gonna stop. Insert protest slogan here!

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Trent is still making Ilan run to the piano on MOTP.

Pretty sure Ilan is the next best piano player to Mike Garson to have played with NIN. Makes sense that he'll play some of those parts.
edit: also ten bucks says that the run back into the drum stool makes the playing more intense

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-09-2013, 12:50 PM
edit: also ten bucks says that the run back into the drum stool makes the playing more intense
It's all fun and games until he trips over something and gets stuck hairfirst in a snare. They'll have to bring in the jaws of life and cut off his hair and HE'LL BE BALD, MAN.

gorast
12-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Yes! I noticed that also and that was a little bit strange! JE, PP and IR were quite serious. I'm starting to believe that the non-official reason why JE will not play with NIN next year is that there were some falling-out between him and TR. And this set-to could take place some days before the filmed LA show...

I know this was already addressed, but I doubt drama is why Josh isn't with NIN next year (or so we think, of course, based on an offhand Reddit comment, though Trent is very selective with how he addresses things like that). It's been mentioned in another thread that Puscifer is touring next year, and Josh has been part of Puscifer for a long time now, so that takes priority. Or maybe even more Telefon Tel Aviv, though I doubt that.

ZootZap
12-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Wow!! ...after seeing a Tension show for the very first time.

The light effects from DISAPPOINTED are stunning. After that I thought I will just look at all the lights going on but more and more it faded into the background and I was completely drawn into the music world. SANCTIFIED was so amazing. I didn't expect this could be any better than on the festivals but everyone of the band added something unique to it.
Palladino's funky bass is a treat for the ears and the two female singers Lisa & Charlotte as well.

On the other hand THTF & HLAH march to a different tune in contrast to all the groovy music around.

Alltogether I didn't expect such a haunting, thrilling experience!

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM
On the other hand THTF & HLAH march to a different tune in contrast to all the groovy music around.
They won't feel so out of place when we get the (presumably) full set (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/staples-center-los-angeles-ca-73c4aaad.html). But in this edited version the transition from TBCD to THTF is a bit of a letdown.

Edit: To help visualize what's been edited out, the songs in bold are what we have so far.

Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Various Methods of Escape
Sanctified
The Frail
The Wretched
In Two
The Big Come Down
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Satellite
Even Deeper
In This Twilight (Dedicated to Andrew Youssef)
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

That's quite a bit to look forward to, old and new. I just hope they put out the complete show.

Krazy
12-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Could be wrong but I doubt Josh is going back with Puscifer- Maynard always includes the currents members in his tweets, and Josh isn't included (heh "Josh isn't included", sounds like we should start feeling sorry for him).

Sandy Phimester
12-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I highly doubt they'd release a concert Blu-ray/DVD and not have the full thing..... is there a precedent for that anywhere else? Seems pretty strange to do! I'm sure it will be the full thing.

The YouTube release is great, but so much is missing that it doesn't feel worth it for me to watch more than a few clips. Really excited about the Blu-ray though, on the pre-order notification list thingy.

jessamineny
12-09-2013, 06:28 PM

People started this kind of drama-speculating when Alessandro left, too, even going as far as saying that they saw him spitting angrily in TR's direction during the middle of the last concert in Las Vegas. I think slo-motion video was even posted. : / And clearly TR and Alessandro had a huge falling out. Never talk anymore. Etc.

gorast
12-09-2013, 06:53 PM
I highly doubt they'd release a concert Blu-ray/DVD and not have the full thing..... is there a precedent for that anywhere else? Seems pretty strange to do! I'm sure it will be the full thing.

The YouTube release is great, but so much is missing that it doesn't feel worth it for me to watch more than a few clips. Really excited about the Blu-ray though, on the pre-order notification list thingy.

Well, actually, there's no precedent for NIN releasing a single concert all the way through on a DVD. AATCHB and BYIT were amalgamations of a number of concerts, and Closure is, well, Closure. This would be the first time NIN is releasing a single concert as a DVD to represent a tour (AVOTT doesn't count, obviously - even The Gift was three concerts).

Sandy Phimester
12-09-2013, 07:00 PM
True, yes indeed, very true! I guess I should have said.... those were still essentially full length experiences. Since they only seemed to have filmed that one show on this go around, I would assume they would include the whole set list? :)

sick among the pure
12-09-2013, 08:37 PM
People started this kind of drama-speculating when Alessandro left, too, even going as far as saying that they saw him spitting angrily in TR's direction during the middle of the last concert in Las Vegas. I think slo-motion video was even posted. : / And clearly TR and Alessandro had a huge falling out. Never talk anymore. Etc.

To be fair, Trent and Robin kinda did, and obviously got over it. I wonder if Robin's shoes still smell like piss?

screwdriver
12-09-2013, 09:35 PM
To be fair, Trent and Robin kinda did, and obviously got over it. I wonder if Robin's shoes still smell like piss?

that quote has been so misinterpreted it blows my mind to this day. the quote was about how Aaron brought a totally different, punk approach to the guitar parts. I never once read it as a slight against Robin.

billpulsipher
12-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Aaron belonged in Motley Crue or Van Halen. No idea what he was doing in NIN

nooneimportant
12-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Robin Finck is proof that there is no such thing as truly burning a bridge with Trent. Him and Trent were actually fighting on stage during the Fragility Tour for gods sake.

Infact, Trent basically abused his band mates on stage alot of the time before he sobered up. He split Chris Vrenna's head open, he would throw Danny Lohner off stage, he kept shoving Richard Patrick around (ultimately leading to his exit) and yet he still maintains a friendship with all of them because he defeated his demons.

Don't count anybody out of NIN.

heybrahsupbrah
12-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Back to the studio for Josh. Honestly, if he hadn't played on the tour, I doubt I would have gotten into TTA. As a fan, I can honestly say I'm excited for 2014.

Hello Everyone,

Now that my role in Nine Inch Nails has come to a close, it's back to the studio and being weird full-time.

This record that I've essentially been sitting on for years now is about 95% finished. Just some little nips and tucks here and there, and it should be good to go for a Spring release. This will be the first Sons of Magdalene full length yet released, most of which was written in '08-'09, and finished/mixed more recently. There may be shows closer to the release date - I haven't decided if I feel like touring yet, or if it even matters. Once this is off the plate, I'll be focusing on Telefon Tel Aviv full time.

http://telefontelaviv.com/ (http://telefontelaviv.com/)

sick among the pure
12-10-2013, 12:05 AM
that quote has been so misinterpreted it blows my mind to this day. the quote was about how Aaron brought a totally different, punk approach to the guitar parts. I never once read it as a slight against Robin.

That's the problem with text, we can all read it differently, and with having nothing else said about Robin (vs Aaron) at the time from Trent, anyone could be right.
With Robin's history with Trent, then going to GnR, having a lul when they weren't doing anything but Trent hired someone else who (I believe the phrasing was) "pissed all over Robin's shoes and kicked them out the door where they belonged" instead of Robin, who only came back to the band after Aaron was fired or else left for health reasons, and has subsequently only been added to the touring lineup after Trent's first pick of guitarist falls through...
Don't get me wrong, Robin is amazing, I can't imagine seeing NIN without him, I love him nearly as much as Trent and usually stand in front of him instead of Trent at shows anymore. But I don't really think everything was great between them when Robin wasn't in the band. But that's just my outside interpretation. Only those two know, and I would never want to bring it up and ask either one. Everything is good now, that's what matters.

sick among the pure
12-10-2013, 12:09 AM

He was playing guitar in NIN.
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/b8/cc/b8ccbdd233e4a9967a03078d4bf25c4e.jpg?itok=Yb7-qIIe
See?

Sandy Phimester
12-10-2013, 12:24 AM
I thought Aaron was good live with NIN.....

martin_b
12-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Well, to be clear about that drama and other things related with Josh:

I really liked this guy and I started to believe that this band is the best what happened to NIN Live since Reznor-Lohner-Clouser-Vrenna-Finck band (well, including the presence of Ilan, JMJ and Josh Freeze, which IMHO are really friendly and cool guys - mostly because I had a chance to meet them). I didn't like Aaron and I didn't cry when Aaron, Jeordie, Alessandro and Jerome were "fired" from the band. :-)

What's more: I believe that Robin, Joshua, Josh and Ilan match the NIN Live crew more than Aaron or Jeordie right now. Maybe because Trent is getting older (and I'm getting older too) and he is "wearing suits"? :-) Recently I saw Trent's photo that was made in 2005 or after his fight in court against John A. Malm. Man, he was looking so... funny back then. Completely yeasty. The same feeling I had when I watch BYIT: "What the f... is that? Is that really an eye make-up?" Now those BYIT make-ups are amusing me. Heh, and the best part is that I do not have such feelings when I'm watching AATCHB. :-D

But now, when we already know that Josh is going back to studio to finish his new record, I'm fine with it. But I hope that he will join the NIN for the 2014 tour anyway.

TheBang
12-10-2013, 02:21 AM
Robin Finck is proof that there is no such thing as truly burning a bridge with Trent.
Looking forward to that NIN/Marilyn Manson co-headlining tour.

billpulsipher
12-10-2013, 02:26 AM
Looking forward to that NIN/Marilyn Manson co-headlining tour.

with Charlie clouser back on keys....

howdidislipinto
12-10-2013, 02:33 AM

Nice to see you slag off something other than black women or pop/punk.