PDA

View Full Version : after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Pages : [1] 2

NotoriousTIMP
12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
So, we all know that this project is moving almost as fast as TR when it comes to a release date. Sadly, we've lost the pages of posts with the death of ETS 1.0, but I figured we should keep the ball rolling, even if its uphill, and continue to discuss this project here. Here are the video clips that's been released so far:

Original Teaser Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFW0jblUp4

Somewhat Damaged:
http://youtu.be/NoTneNa3Usg

The Frail / The Wretched
http://youtu.be/Tg8hvfgbU2s

Lets hope that this will finally see the light of day at some point....

*edit* damn it, can a mod fix the title for me?

rhys
12-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Yeah what ever happened to this project? I remember sending some money via Paypal way back when they started the first round of orders. I've since moved twice and had completely forgotten about it until seeing this thread. Sad really, it would of been an awesome piece of work and a great way to remember NIN.

MAD
12-02-2011, 04:00 AM
I really hope this will see the light of day. I was very excited when I was contacted to design some artwork for it, but I'm glad I didn't had the time, seeing how many paid for this and it wasn't released yet.

NotoriousTIMP
12-02-2011, 04:05 AM
I bought two copies myself :( At this point I would be happy with a digital only release......

Emil Dorbell
12-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I edit musical performances for a living, and I usually finish a 3 hour long show with three cameras in say... two weeks. Maybe double that to include color correction. I realize there were plenty more angles here and probably a lot more work with color correction because of the different cameras. But it shouldn't take two damn years! What's taking so long?

sheepdean
12-02-2011, 07:59 AM
I edit musical performances for a living, and I usually finish a 3 hour long show with three cameras in say... two weeks. Maybe double that to include color correction. I realize there were plenty more angles here and probably a lot more work with color correction because of the different cameras. But it shouldn't take two damn years! What's taking so long?
None of them were using their own equipment to edit, and then a few lost their jobs is the official answer I believe.

DF118
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
If this ever gets released I'll eat my own face.

NotoriousTIMP
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
If this ever gets released I'll eat my own face.

Pictures/Video needs to be posted shortly after

thetourist
12-03-2011, 02:51 AM
I hope for another chance to order the physical release.

sick among the pure
12-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Pictures/Video needs to be posted shortly after

Multi-cam edit video? Digital download, DVD, and blu-ray options?

KrakenWakes
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Not to be an apologist, but they had far more than 3 sources (I think last count was well over 20), in multiple formats, and working in their free time. How come you didn't volunteer to help?

Emil Dorbell
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Not to be an apologist, but they had far more than 3 sources (I think last count was well over 20), in multiple formats, and working in their free time. How come you didn't volunteer to help?

Like I stated above "I realize there were plenty more angles here and probably a lot more work with color correction because of the different cameras." Shouldn't take two years though. I would have volunteered but they wanted american or even LA based editors, I live in Gothenburg, Sweden.

jhulud
12-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I still have the Paypal confirmation email in my inbox as "new"...constant reminder...

KrakenWakes
12-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Like I stated above "I realize there were plenty more angles here and probably a lot more work with color correction because of the different cameras." Shouldn't take two years though. I would have volunteered but they wanted american or even LA based editors, I live in Gothenburg, Sweden.

You should fly in for the weekend and finish it then.

REPLICA
12-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I still have the Paypal confirmation email in my inbox as "new"...constant reminder...

....I lost my confirmation email....

Emil Dorbell
12-03-2011, 04:08 PM
You should fly in for the weekend and finish it then.

I realize I might come off as a douche here, but it's not like they were doing this for free. Where is that money now?

REPLICA
12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I realize I might come off as a douche here, but it's not like they were doing this for free. Where is that money now?

True, they must have taken in a lot of pre-orders... I could have bought some gas with that cash.

Lisbeth
12-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing this project finished since I was unable to go to any of the final shows.

Fuck.

Ryan
12-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Damn that looks impressive!

NotoriousTIMP
12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I look at it as my money is gone....lesson learned about doing pre-orders with fan based projects I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Leviathant
12-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I came out very strongly against preorders of this particular project. Taking pre-orders, coupled with the initial 'pre-orders get bonus content' rubbed me wrong. Along the years I've reached out several times trying to find out more about the situation and offer advice to help, but each time was rebuffed. I told the guy to come in here and address things directly, and instead he made generic status update tweets.

In fact, I think the title of this thread should change. It leaves one with the impression that the project is actually still coming out. At this point, that money's long gone.

Lisbeth
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
In fact, I think the title of this thread should change. It leaves one with the impression that the project is actually still coming out. At this point, that money's long gone.

How 'bout "after all is said and done - you got duped"

DVYDRNS
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Really Really glad I turned down the offer to work on this project....

UninTY
12-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I emailed his about my change of address, and never heard back.

If I die before this comes out, can someone make sure and bury my blu-ray near my headstone??

KrakenWakes
12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
http://atinylittledot.com/team

Is it time to start contacting real people?

spahn
12-05-2011, 12:12 PM
those clips look amazing. what a shame that a bunch of irresponsible people took all these peoples money and never delivered a finished product.

Leviathant
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
People have already been contacted, over and over. It's DOA, as far as I'm concerned. That's exactly why we frown on people using ETS to get buyers for their big ideas (which require preorders). TOIOU is an anomaly, and even that had a rough start. I'm very glad it followed through, but I'm sure those involved remember my reticence toward the project right up until they actually had a finished product. People don't realize how fucking hard it is to do something like that on a scale that can be supported by the ETS community. Even just mailing stuff is a gigantic chore.

icklekitty
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I think the main problem here is communication. People have been grateful for way less - hey, paid for way less - than what's been promised here, but not providing answers is quite disrespectful IMO.

In the rough times Levi mention as above, I had lots of sleepless nights worrying about letting down the community, and this led to me constantly posting/checking every bit of the Internet that had Nine Inch Nails written on it. I wanted to be as transparent as possible because I know what the wrath of a wronged NIN fan is like (often enough I am that wrath) and I was always aware that this project belonged more to the people that weren't editing those files. I can't really fathom why the same isn't happening here. I feel a bit sick for even trusting this project, giving it the benefit of the doubt, and holding back on criticism. I know Clive offered help some months ago on behalf of TOIOU, but it was refused.

I'm going to be in Los Angeles this February. Depending on where I am in my menstrual cycle maybe I'll track down where these hard drives live and do a robbery.

*edit* this came up on nin.com a little while ago and I posted some stuff there: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,901969,1261854#msg-1261854 http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?52,901969,1265439#msg-1265439 I don't know if it'll help any but I'll happily hand over any correspondence I have

Torgo
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I have no idea what's going on (last I had heard from somewhere that they were essentially finished), but I used to have all of the footage on a separate hard drive and I kind of wish I had kept it... although I would have felt like a dick if I had done anything with it.

MAD
12-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I sent him a message few days ago, here's the reply:

Hey MAD,

hope all is well. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. the project is still going. and very close to being finished. we had a few technical set backs

DVYDRNS
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
THESE GUYS BETTER GET IT TOGETHER. BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

http://www.internetseriousbusiness.com/ (http://www.internetseriousbusiness.com/)

sheepdean
12-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Internet IS serious when people have put their money up front. If this was free, or they didn't take orders yet, no one would bitch this badly

simonn
12-06-2011, 06:55 AM
http://atinylittledot.com/team

Is it time to start contacting real people?

I sent a tweet direct to Sean O'Brien last week. Never heard anything back.

oddityben
12-07-2011, 09:03 PM
We could always report them to their state's consumer affairs bureau. That's how I got my money back from the fan made YZ t-shirts a couple years ago (can't remember what that endeavor was called). Maybe if enough of us reported them, it would either motivate them to wrap this thing up, communicate, or give us our money back.

jessamineny
12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
We could always report them to their state's consumer affairs bureau. That's how I got my money back from the fan made YZ t-shirts a couple years ago (can't remember what that endeavor was called). Maybe if enough of us reported them, it would either motivate them to wrap this thing up, communicate, or give us our money back.

This is where everyone filed their complaints about the T-shirts. They were forwarded to the Utah state authorities, who later took action.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

KrakenWakes
12-07-2011, 10:32 PM
This is where everyone filed their complaints about the T-shirts. They were forwarded to the Utah state authorities, who later took action.

please try and contact the team first. Document your attempts, let them know what your next step will be, give them a reasonable time frame to respond. Then move on to step 2.

NotoriousTIMP
12-08-2011, 02:47 AM
please try and contact the team first. Document your attempts, let them know what your next step will be, give them a reasonable time frame to respond. Then move on to step 2.

are you trying to make a funny?

oddityben
12-08-2011, 07:23 AM
I've reached out to them several times with no response over the course of a year and a half, so I think I'm covered.

People should stop making excuses for them and jumping to their defense. TOIOU proved that this type of project could be executed successfully. Their collective personal problems are not our problems. If they decided to take the community's money, they should have delivered, plain and simple. What pisses me off the most is their pathetic and unprofessional lack of communication. They should be on ETS addressing these issues regularly in addition to any and all email complaints. They took advantage of the trustfulness of this community and for that, there should be consequences.

REPLICA
12-08-2011, 08:01 AM
I've reached out to them several times with no response over the course of a year and a half, so I think I'm covered.

People should stop making excuses for them and jumping to their defense. TOIOU proved that this type of project could be executed successfully. Their collective personal problems are not our problems. If they decided to take the community's money, they should have delivered, plain and simple. What pisses me off the most is their pathetic and unprofessional lack of communication. They should be on ETS addressing these issues regularly in addition to any and all email complaints. They took advantage of the trustfulness of this community and for that, there should be consequences.

THIS.

- I'm sure most of us have given them money, money which could have been used for other things. It's just like The Faction (fan made NIN shirts), he took over too many orders and eventually thought if he didn't talk to anyone that it would all just blow over. I bought a crap load of shirts from him but in the end only received about 3 of them - no refund mind you. Plus, I found out way too late that there was action being taken against him.

I remember sending these guys an email, but I didn't keep any records... So it appears I'm out on this one too, i think Paypal should still have a copy of my receipt in their history though... I'll have to look it up.

ubermensch
12-08-2011, 08:01 AM
i was trying to place an order on reflecting the chrome for a hard drive but was confused about situation/never got an email back. I need to get my hands on this and will pay good money to get it.

jessamineny
12-08-2011, 08:32 AM
i was trying to place an order on reflecting the chrome for a hard drive but was confused about situation/never got an email back. I need to get my hands on this and will pay good money to get it.

Totally different project/people.

KrakenWakes
12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
are you trying to make a funny?

I'm just saying give them a specific ultimatum, give them time to respond, then take your complaints through official channels. Document everything.

jessamineny
12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm just saying give them a specific ultimatum, give them time to respond, then take your complaints through official channels. Document everything.

Why?
Why isn't everything that's already happened enough? (More than enough?)
I'm honestly interested in hearing what you have to say.
And are you connected to any of the players in some way?

KrakenWakes
12-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Why?
Why isn't everything that's already happened enough? (More than enough?)
I'm honestly interested in hearing what you have to say.
And are you connected to any of the players in some way?

I have zero connection to anyone working on the project. I disagree with every way that they've handled the PR for this. But my primary desire is to see the finished project, not to see these guys burn.
I'm not saying give them another year or even a month or even a week. But I think contacting them directly in every way possible (email, twitter, facebook, here, nin.com, etc), explaining exactly what they're forcing you to do, and exactly when you're going to start, is the smart way to proceed.

KrakenWakes
12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh and what the fuck is http://www.ioffer.com/i/nine-inch-nails-final-show-dvd-140560025

DF118
12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
But I think contacting them directly in every way possible (email, twitter, facebook, here, nin.com, etc), explaining exactly what they're forcing you to do, and exactly when you're going to start, is the smart way to proceed.

No it's not, they'll just come up with another holding message and fuck you around for another year.

KrakenWakes
12-08-2011, 12:11 PM
No it's not, they'll just come up with another holding message and fuck you around for another year.

Go for it then. You're in charge.

oddityben
12-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I have zero connection to anyone working on the project. I disagree with every way that they've handled the PR for this. But my primary desire is to see the finished project, not to see these guys burn.
I'm not saying give them another year or even a month or even a week. But I think contacting them directly in every way possible (email, twitter, facebook, here, nin.com, etc), explaining exactly what they're forcing you to do, and exactly when you're going to start, is the smart way to proceed.
Makes sense. Sounds like a mature, measured response.

Here's an idea: I would be happy to nominate myself to gather names/email addy's of people that are prepared to take the same action we took against Faction Nation (and won) and prepare an email to them stating our intention if we don't start seeing some measurable milestones with associated dates with everyone who wants to be involved cc'd. We found when dealing with Faction that the sheer number of complaints was the only thing that caused such swift action by the Utah Consumer Protection Bureau. If we're organized, we stand a better chance of either pushing them to finish the damn thing or refund us.

If someone else is passionate enough that they would like to take the lead on it, please feel free.

Comments? Thoughts? Agree or disagree with the approach?

marodi
12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
First I'd like to point out that I didn't pre-order this but I've been following the development (or lack of it) since almost the beginning.

That being made clear, here are my 2 cents about it:

I think that KrakenWakes idea is the way to go. And I think that oddityben's suggestion is great too. All of you who are interested in at least having your money back should get together (even if it's only on the Net) and document everything that each one of you have done to try and get a response from those responsible for this project. And like oddityben suggested, establish a timeline for them to respond to and if they don't, go ahead with the complaint.

I remember that on Old ETS Leviathant managed to get an email response from the leader of this project (his name is escaping me right now). If I remember correctly, he told Levi that he would be writing an update in the ETS thread, which of course he never did. But we know he is watching both this (new) board and nin.com because it is only after people started getting more vocal about their feelings that they finally posted a message on their site (or was it Facebook?) that the project would finally see the light of day this fall. We're 16 days from Christmas; I think it's fair to say that fall has since come and gone.

In my mind, these guys are guilty of 3 things: 1) they took money from people without having a physical product to sell. It's almost always a very bad idea since you never know what might happen down the road. 2) They stop communicating with their costumers. There's nothing worst than not telling people about what's been happening; I'll bet most of you would have been far less annoyed with having unimportant update than having no update at all. 3)They never offered to reimburse those who became tired of waiting and/or weren't interested in this anymore. Huge, huge mistake.

On a side note (and speaking as a nin.com moderator): this whole project has become such a joke that the official thread for it on nin.com has become a thread on F1 racing... and we let it go on because that's the most action the thread has seen in the last couple of years.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I'll throw in my vote for taking care of this in an organized manner. But it's really not about the money for me, personally. If I remember right, I only ordered one blu-ray copy (still have my receipt e-mail sitting in my inbox. I always keep those sort of things juuust in case something like this happens.) I want to hear something back about all the waiting and delaying bullshit just like everyone else, but I also know that nothing's going to come from just being angry without being organized about it. The thing that really gets me is that not only am I out money, but a lot of the people from this fan community of which I'm a member have fallen for it, too. It's obvious that they're not taking the steps to handle any of this right now. And if they're going for the whole "Trent Reznor goes without telling people all of his plans all the time" or "big projects like this take time" excuse, I won't buy it. Their lack of communication says that they haven't been putting aaany work into this. Hell, the most activity they've had recently was when they opened up orders again, taking more money.

Anyway...before this turns into some kinda rant, I'll give my information to any kind of group e-mail or petition or whatever it is we decide we want to do about this.

Let me just say - The fact that the ones who started the thread for this project here on the new ETS are people who are all waiting on the project rather than the ones in charge of the operation says something. If they were really concerned with their connection with the customers, they could have at least started their own thread. It's not a big deal at all, but it's all these little things that are building up.

Edit: I wanna clarify. I'm not saying that I'm going to deny any excuse they have for not having the project done, as I'm sure that they've probably got one good reason or another. But But it really takes no time at all to open up ETS/nin.com/Twitter, type a sentence or paragraph saying what's going on with the project at that moment, and then hit send. If they'd done that the whole way up until now, then we might have a different story, and people wouldn't be nearly as angry. Again, it all goes back to the lack of communication with the customers waiting for answers.

Oh and what the fuck is http://www.ioffer.com/i/nine-inch-nails-final-show-dvd-140560025

I just went on the AAISAD Facebook page and saw that. Good question - What the hell is it?

Edit again!: V Huh, missed that. at least he's still alive, eh? :P

MAD
12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm just gonna quote myself form the first page. I'm not trying to defend him or anything, just saying that he replied.

I sent him a message few days ago, here's the reply:
Originally Posted by Synthetikz to me (6 hours ago)Hey MAD,

hope all is well. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. the project is still going. and very close to being finished. we had a few technical set backs

Should do it here though.

oddityben
12-10-2011, 06:45 AM
I would like to begin going down the path I laid out above. I need some help, though.

1. If you'd like to be involved in a group effort to nudge this thing along, please send me your name & email address via PM.
2. I need a counterpart at the nin.com forums. Looking for a volunteer to gather names & email addresses over there as well.

I'm thinking that once we have a nin.com volunteer, we give everyone who wants to participate in a group effort 2 weeks to give us their information. From there, we'll craft an email message to the project team with a request for certain deliverables and communication with the condition that if they don't deliver, we'll collectively report them to the IC3.

I think that for the majority of us, we'd like to see the finish product rather than get refunds and that's the way I'd like to approach this with them.

KrakenWakes
12-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I would like to begin going down the path I laid out above. I need some help, though.

You could ask on the facebook group too.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/nine-inch-nails-after-all-is-said-and-done-blu-raydvdtorrent/168899361530
It has almost 4000 members.

DigitalChaos
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
How is this going?
If these guys no longer have hardware to edit on then at a minimum I would love to see them release everything in the current state. stock footage, FCP files, etc. Then some others could pick things up and move forward with it. We have lots of editing talent who could do just that. I realize it would be LOTS of data but it isn't impossible. If they still have the data it would be a waste to just have it sit around.

theimage13
01-03-2012, 10:11 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zrjuYgZKUns/Tqn-HYcFalI/AAAAAAAABv8/R1NW_WFYsO4/s1600/beat_dead_horse2.jpg

Seems to be the general consensus, am I right?

R37R0
01-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I dont know about official dvd or torrent release, but it appears that synthetikz (im assuming that he is linked with "a tiny little dot") has started posted videos up on youtube. Theres a few shows on there including the wiltern show...
http://www.youtube.com/user/synthetikz?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

icklekitty
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
It's not really "has started" as none of that is anywhere near new. He submitted footage for AVOTT and taped a lot of shows during the final year(s) of NIN Live.

Brokenfern
01-19-2012, 02:16 PM
...The facebook page was finally updated!.... but only to disable all comments! WTF?!?! Maybe this was only done to me because I've left a few negative comments. Is everyone else experiencing this?

jessamineny
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
...The facebook page was finally updated!.... but only to disable all comments! WTF?!?! Maybe this was only done to me because I've left a few negative comments. Is everyone else experiencing this?

It looks like I'm able to post a comment.

DigitalChaos
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
looks like I could comment on their wall... maybe it is just you?
10 more days and it will be exactly 1 year since their last status update. Hopefully they say something then. To be fair, they didn't open up for the 2nd round of orders yet. If they were intentionally going to scam people they would have kept the orders open. There is still a large chunk of people who would give them money.

mariespurlock
01-27-2012, 11:22 PM
I edit musical performances for a living, and I usually finish a 3 hour long show with three cameras in say... two weeks. Maybe double that to include color correction (http://www.spacelightdigital.com/retouching_color.html). I realize there were plenty more angles here and probably a lot more work with color correction because of the different cameras. But it shouldn't take two damn years! What's taking so long?

Maybe you are just making it more high quality that you want to edit it to its fullest.. That's why it take too long.. :)

Ash512
01-28-2012, 11:38 PM
They had about 2/3 of the amount of footage we got for Vegas, and their show's an hour longer. The actual Vegas editing process took about a month from start to finish, not counting downtime period.
I had the AAISAD footage sitting on my desk for a few weeks... They indeed had a lot of sources for some songs but others were lacking because people's batteries/flash drives ran out after a while.

sa_nick
01-29-2012, 01:09 AM
looks like I could comment on their wall... maybe it is just you?
10 more days and it will be exactly 1 year since their last status update. Hopefully they say something then. To be fair, they didn't open up for the 2nd round of orders yet. If they were intentionally going to scam people they would have kept the orders open. There is still a large chunk of people who would give them money.

Their intention was never to scam anyone. The team was just poorly managed and made up of people who weren't dedicated enough to get shit done.

FernandoDante
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Since this topic is getting some attention, I'll go ahead and ask the same thing I asked on nin.com:

Are the TOIOU Blu-Rays still available? The website makes it seem so.

R37R0
01-30-2012, 03:36 PM
they are still available. However the initial full set has sold out. You can still order the Gift on Blu Ray for $10 @ http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/app/cgi-bin/order.cgi

even just "The Gift" is great for $10

FernandoDante
01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
they are still available. However the initial full set has sold out. You can still order the Gift on Blu Ray for $10 @ http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/app/cgi-bin/order.cgi

even just "The Gift" is great for $10
Awesome. Thanks!

Nora Can Cans
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
http://reflectinginthechrome.com/exclusives/aaisadinterview.html
An optimistic guns-ablazing interview to refresh your memory of the energetic tone of the project at the time.

ScreamingSlave
02-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I left a message for Sasan on his FB he is still active there. I kindly donated all my 1080P hd footage to this project I don't like seeing the community in the dark on this project it was supposed to be something epic celebrating the last NIN show. Hopefully I will hear something and be able to pass it along I would encorage everyone that donated or purchased to keep at the whole team there is no reason they should have taken this long or kept peoples funds thats simply not right.

DVYDRNS
02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
could always file a small claims against them...

jessamineny
02-23-2012, 10:44 AM

Synthetikz/Sasan is a litigation attorney???? I seriously can't believe he has not kept up communication with people on this project after taking so many people's money. He could face serious professional sanction if people took action against him through the ic3.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, with the new multi-cam edit that was just posted (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-(multi-cam) (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-%28multi-cam%29)), I actually don't even know if I care to hold out for this project (even a little) anymore. The wait's been too long, and I've been avoiding watching many clips of songs from the last show in (false) hopes that this would be out soon, and I could watch it in one sitting on blu-ray and just be completely surprised by it. I'm just going to get a hold of this new edit and let myself enjoy the show.

If anything, I feel like ZootZap deserves more of my respect than this project does - Not just because it was actually finished, but because they took initiative and put together an edit themselves after waiting and seeing how this project turned out.

Also - I just read this on the AAISAD Facebook page (of course, from a user's comment on another user's post.)

The "atinylittledot.com" site is set to expire on 10-Apr-2012
Sorry guys looks like they stole your money
Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
Registered through: Go Daddy
Domain Name: ATINYLITTLEDOT.COM

KrakenWakes
03-03-2012, 04:15 PM
You could always email him at work.
http://www.brookstone-law.com/attorneys.html
Unless there are two lawyers with that name in Los Angeles.

Ryan
03-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I'll never understand why people commit themselves to projects this large if they don't take the time to consider all the fuck ups that are inevitably going to come along with it.

Remember that dude who was doing the whole thing with the With Teeth lyric poster? That sure went sour quickly. Projects like this almost always end up in the shitter.

Just let Rob and Trent work on it. It'll all get released eventually.

DigitalChaos
03-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I'll never understand why people commit themselves to projects this large if they don't take the time to consider all the fuck ups that are inevitably going to come along with it.

Remember that dude who was doing the whole thing with the With Teeth lyric poster? That sure went sour quickly. Projects like this almost always end up in the shitter.

Just let Rob and Trent work on it. It'll all get released eventually.
Or be like this guy and just get the shit done, THEN let everyone know: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-(multi-cam)

Ryan
03-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Or be like this guy and just get the shit done, THEN let everyone know: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-(multi-cam) (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-%28multi-cam%29)

Exactly. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

aleywwu
03-11-2012, 01:07 PM
when jason lynes/factionnation decided to go dark, i took the lead in organizing information and dealing with the utah attorney general's consumer protection division. it was a pretty simple process - i collected the names, addresses, order confirmation numbers and amounts that people paid, put it in a spreadsheet and sent a letter to the consumer protection division notifying them what had happened. an investigator from the consumer protection division responded right away, and if i remember right, it took about 2 weeks after they got involved for people to either have a refund of their money or their orders filled. State law in Utah provided for a $2500 fine per unfilled order, which lit a fire under Jason's ass.

I haven't looked into California law, but given that their laws are generally more consumer-friendly than a lot of other states, I would expect there to be a similar fine, if not higher. Given that these guys seem to have no intentions of completing this project or responding to attempts to contact them, it might be time to pursue a similar course of action here. Given that the project lead is an attorney, I would expect this would get his attention since it could lead to an ethics investigation by the California state bar association and, potentially, disbarment.

I'm willing to prepare a letter and send the relevant documentation in. I don't know that I'm in the best position to solicit and collect everybody's information this time, though, since I'm not really plugged into the community anymore. For faction, I collected information through the ETS thread, which was pretty active. It seems like trying to collect information through twitter and facebook would be the best course. Hell, the presence of an organized campaign to collect this information with the stated purpose of filing a consumer complaint and triggering an ethics investigation may be enough to trigger some action.

Thoughts?

DVYDRNS
03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Just do it. Everybody keeps talking about taking action. but nobody does. Bust these douches.

aleywwu
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Just do it. Everybody keeps talking about taking action. but nobody does. Bust these douches.

I think that taking action in this case will require some amount of organization in order for it to be effective. A single complaint about an unfulfilled $10 order isn't going to get much traction. A complaint on behalf of all, most or some of the people who ordered is a lot more likely to. As a reference, the faction thing involved ~$3500 of orders. I have no idea to tell how many people ordered from these guys, but given that they have 1900 twitter followers and 3800 facebook likes, it stands to reason that it could involve significantly more money.

As I said, I'm happy to take the lead on communicating with the Consumer Protection Division in California, and the California state bar association (if it comes to that). I just don't think I'm in the best position to solicit and collect the information that we need to make this worthwhile.

icklekitty
03-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm sure we can help you find places to post/spread the word/hit the right people. You could become the NIN community's resident bullshit-buster!

DVYDRNS
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
http://instantworlddomination.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/penn_and_teller_1.jpg

NotoriousTIMP
03-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I think that taking action in this case will require some amount of organization in order for it to be effective. A single complaint about an unfulfilled $10 order isn't going to get much traction. A complaint on behalf of all, most or some of the people who ordered is a lot more likely to. As a reference, the faction thing involved ~$3500 of orders. I have no idea to tell how many people ordered from these guys, but given that they have 1900 twitter followers and 3800 facebook likes, it stands to reason that it could involve significantly more money.

As I said, I'm happy to take the lead on communicating with the Consumer Protection Division in California, and the California state bar association (if it comes to that). I just don't think I'm in the best position to solicit and collect the information that we need to make this worthwhile.ll

You've got my full support! :D Let me know what info is needed and I'll update the first post in this thread

DVYDRNS
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
just rename the thread "LOL SCAM"

marodi
03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
just rename the thread "LOL SCAM"

Personally, I would rename it "Tapeworm 2" as a nod to that other somewhat NIN related unfinished project (that wasn't a scam though but which is still a hot topic after a decade) but to each his/her own.

As I said before in this thread, those of you who have paid for this definitely need to take some sort of action at this point. Maybe, as individual, you think that "$10 isn't worth the effort" but consider how many people did send money. Someone, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank...

DVYDRNS
03-11-2012, 08:07 PM
difference is... nobody paid for tapeworm

marodi
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
You're right, of course; the fans didn't pay for Tapeworm. It just that sometimes, it feels like Reznor himself is still paying for it. ;)

But I digress. Bottom line: get organized and get back your monies folks!

DVYDRNS
03-11-2012, 09:43 PM
wait so... reznor got screwed? okay.

get organized and get your money back.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-14-2012, 01:19 PM
I can try to help, too. I'm not too legally-inclined, but even if it's something as simple as just giving my information, I'm down. I never care that they took my money and ran with it, since it was just a one-off thing, but whenever the project comes across my mind I can't help but think of everyone else that paid and got shafted. It's ridiculous. That's not right.

sa_nick
03-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I really hope it doesn't come to needing legal action. Surely the key players pop their heads in this thread every now and then right? If so, this should be the reality check that gets them off their asses and working towards refunding everyone. It'd be so much simpler than having to deal with shit later.

Leviathant
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Frankly, they've had several reality checks. If the money doesn't get returned, notifying the authorities is the next step. It's pretty clear that complaining directly and indirectly to the guy who took your money is having no effect on your paypal/bank account.

If you read tech news aggregators, you likely see stories every now and then about Paypal freezing some startup's account, and they scream bloody murder, and it comes out that said startup was taking preorders, and that's against Paypal's Terms of Service, and that's why their account got frozen.

This is exactly why that happens.

DVYDRNS
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Kill em all. let God sort it out.

i just felt like saying that.

mrfang
03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
If anyone needs Sasan's address and phone number, I have them from when I contributed footage and can provide them via PM. They won't do much good for contacting him, but might be helpful for any legal action. It's long past time for people to get their money back.

Brokenfern
03-27-2012, 12:13 AM
You could always email him at work.
http://www.brookstone-law.com/attorneys.html
Unless there are two lawyers with that name in Los Angeles.

Here is an idea... I think everyone should put the pressure on him by emailing him at work... AND "cc"ing all of his coworkers. If everyone emails him a few times a day for several weeks, he's gotta reply at some point. And even if he doesn't, at least he'll be embarrassed.

Leviathant
03-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Don't do that. There are better channels for this sort of thing than harassing his co-workers.

Brokenfern
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
You're probably right. It just seems like nothing is happening.

screwdriver
03-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Here is an idea... I think everyone should put the pressure on him by emailing him at work... AND "cc"ing all of his coworkers. If everyone emails him a few times a day for several weeks, he's gotta reply at some point. And even if he doesn't, at least he'll be embarrassed.

I'm not saying that is or isn't him; but LAs a big place and there are lots of lawyers. In NYC, there is another litigation attorney with the same name as my fiancee (also a litigation attorney) and they get crossed emails all the time. And she has a REALLY uncommon name -- just as much as this guy. So I wouldn't assume that's him. Again, it could be, but unless you know, I would think twice about harassing people's work addresses.

PQHooligan
03-27-2012, 04:38 PM

that one is gone, but this one remains:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/nine-inch-nails-final-show-09-dvd-211852204

DF118
03-27-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not saying that is or isn't him; but LAs a big place and there are lots of lawyers. In NYC, there is another litigation attorney with the same name as my fiancee (also a litigation attorney) and they get crossed emails all the time. And she has a REALLY uncommon name -- just as much as this guy. So I wouldn't assume that's him. Again, it could be, but unless you know, I would think twice about harassing people's work addresses.

Even if you do know it's him, it's still an incredibly bad idea, because you could be sued for harassment. Especially considering you're considering harassing lawyers. Even if you're not, if that's how you're being perceived, you'll ruin your own case too.

MAD
03-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Back when this whole messed-up-stolen-money-clusterfuck barely started, I was asked to come up with artwork for the Bluray.

This was the first draft:

http://i.imgur.com/m1xYE.jpg

Needless to say, he wasn't very impressed by it and truth be told, I'm happy. I'm glad I wasn't part of this mess.
I still have the hi-rez version.

ItsJustDave
03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
that one is gone, but this one remains:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/nine-inch-nails-final-show-09-dvd-211852204
Some douche bag profiting off of freely shared community produced content.

screwdriver
03-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Even if you do know it's him, it's still an incredibly bad idea, because you could be sued for harassment. Especially considering you're considering harassing lawyers. Even if you're not, if that's how you're being perceived, you'll ruin your own case too.

to be clear, I'm not considering harassing anyone. I was responding to the poster.

I agree with you generally, though -- sorry, didn't mean to implicitly endorse the idea of harassing this guy at work if it is, in fact, him. just wanted to call attention to the fact that there's no guarantee it's him.

(that said, as a lawyer myself, I'm not really sure what you could be sued for for writing him at work, or how you could ruin your own case, unless you go crazy. but I agree that it's best to contact state authorities and let them handle this)

icklekitty
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Were this a British-based project, I'd be happy to spearhead the effort. Lord knows I now have enough anger, not least with this being associated with AVOTT (we offered to help a number of times, they declined). It's also been a short while since I've been a cunt on the Internet.

I know nothing about how the US legal system works, though, and I'm a little scared about putting a foot wrong and getting caught out doing the wrong thing. I'll support whatever the initiative is, but I'm in no position to lead it.

KrakenWakes
03-27-2012, 07:38 PM
that said, as a lawyer myself

Maybe you're best suited to take the lead on the operation?

screwdriver
03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Maybe you're best suited to take the lead on the operation?

I'm more than happy to help in whatever small way I can, but I didn't give this guy any money, so no investigatory agency will listen to me. My recommendation is that someone who DID give money contact California consumer affairs. Given that this guy is apparently a lawyer, any investigatory action into him could threaten his standing in the bar and will probably get him moving real quick.

sa_nick
03-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Back when this whole messed-up-stolen-money-clusterfuck barely started, I was asked to come up with artwork for the Bluray.

This was the first draft:

http://i.imgur.com/m1xYE.jpg

Needless to say, he wasn't very impressed by it and truth be told, I'm happy. I'm glad I wasn't part of this mess.
I still have the hi-rez version.

What a douche, it looks awesome. I'd prolly loose the thumbnail on the spine though.

MAD
03-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks.

Off topic: That thumbnail is more than just a small detail. When I first began making DVD covers for ETS (I think the first was YZ 5.1), I also made that. Since then, Broken The Movie, Ghosts 5.1, The Slip 5.1, TDS Live etc had the same thumbnail. I intend to keep it for any future DVDs to keep the style the same. I sometimes think I have a mild case of OCD because I hate it when DVD cases don't look the same.

fan-since-96
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Are you aware of the alternate take of the final NIN show? It's on pirate bay. I downloaded it and the wait was well worth it! The German fan who compiled this did it completely independant of TOIOU, with no outside funding. The wait is over!

gorast
04-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Are you aware of the alternate take of the final NIN show? It's on pirate bay. I downloaded it and the wait was well worth it! The German fan who compiled this did it completely independant of TOIOU, with no outside funding. The wait is over!
You don't say?
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/748-NIN-Wiltern-The-final-show-2-DVDs-(multi-cam)
Great first post, though.

icklekitty
04-02-2012, 03:43 AM

Not sure why TOIOU is being brought up here other than the site posted about the alternate take when it came out :)

mrfang
04-02-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm glad someone made a DVD, but it contains far fewer angles than the larger project, which would have included footage from 25 sources. The person who made the new one just relied on 3-4 angles that were available online, and didn't contact other filmers who had donated to the original project.

Space Suicide
04-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I read tidbits of cover discussion and etc but if anyone needs artwork or anything gimme a PM. I'd be glad to try and help out.

fan-since-96
04-02-2012, 01:24 PM
You're right Icklekitty. sorry TOIOU. I get confused sometimes with these lyric based group names. I meant he had no help from A Tiny Little Dot, which by this point should remane itself "My Lips May Promise But My Heart Is A Whore", or "You Think You Have Everything", or how about "We're Letting You Get Away (Get Away With It)"? :)

fan-since-96
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it, some other appropriate new names for "A Tiny Little Dot" could be "You Let Me Violate You", or "I Am The Lie That You Believe". There are so many apt possibilities.

Leviathant
04-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I've reached out to Sasan again recently, and I've tried to be very accommodating, while simultaneously trying to get to the bottom of things.

Unfortunately, he's not being realistic. After assuring me that the finished product will be available before June (you know, this month), I asked if he had artwork, or a production timeline, or even a company lined up to do the manufacturing. I also asked if he had the money to refund everyone if that was not the case.

I appreciate the sentiment of your email. I see that it's coming from a positive place. I'm happy to answer some of your questions, where I can. but in the spirit of being clear about things, to the extent that youre asking us to provide you with an accounting of time, course, costs schedule etc, that's a bit too patriarchal for our liking. nor will it help us move any faster. but to the extent that you have thoughts or suggestions on certain items , I am are MORE than open to discussing those with you. I too, want to make this happen ASAP :)

again, you should know that this project is moving forward in good faith. though it's taken much longer than we expected or intended, under no circumstances do we intend not to deliver.

I'll reply with a few more details after work

That was six days ago.

It's both ballsy and stupid to say, at this point, "We'll be done very soon despite our setbacks, but don't ask me to be accountable for what I say, just trust me," given that he said practically the same thing nearly a year ago.

Next time someone comes asking for pre-orders and I tell you it's a bad idea, please remember what happened here. At this stage, I'd ban him from the board, but I don't think he's ever signed up here. I'd say I was disappointed, but I had a pretty good idea early on that this would be what happened. If you guys get packaged BluRays in the mail this month, I'll take it all back.

TheBang
04-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I doubt you'll have to take anything back. The project is not moving forward in good faith. Good faith would be to refund all the orders now. After all this time and the delays, they have no good faith claim to the money. They should not collect money again until everything is finished except sending the order to the replicator for manufacture and distribution.

DigitalChaos
04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
that's a bit too patriarchal for our liking
http://i.imgur.com/liLrG.jpg

icklekitty
04-06-2012, 03:24 PM
The old "I'm writing an email about answering your questions without answering them".

DVYDRNS
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM
so is anybody going to do anything about this? or are you all talk?

Ryan
04-30-2012, 04:21 AM
'trust no 1'

icklekitty
04-30-2012, 04:42 AM
so is anybody going to do anything about this? or are you all talk?

Well you're not doing anything about it either, and you're local.

DVYDRNS
05-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Well you're not doing anything about it either, and you're local.
I didn't buy into it. because i thought it was a scam from the start. which is why i also declined to participate when I was asked.

icklekitty
05-04-2012, 05:13 AM
That's good, but I don't understand why you're therefore complaining about nobody doing anything about it. Be proactive or be supportive, but there's no use in standing on the sidelines and heckling*.

*argument only applies to real life serious things and cannot be brought up the next time I troll something on this forum.

butter_hole
05-04-2012, 06:12 AM
takes one to know one

DVYDRNS
05-08-2012, 01:06 AM
That's good, but I don't understand why you're therefore complaining about nobody doing anything about it. Be proactive or be supportive, but there's no use in standing on the sidelines and heckling*.

*argument only applies to real life serious things and cannot be brought up the next time I troll something on this forum.

Its hardly heckling. if that were the case I'd be telling everybody they were stupid for sending their money to a project that wasn't anywhere near being finished. While I may or may not be thinking that, Its not my business to attack anybody like that.

The fact is, I'd like to see someone nail this guys ass to the wall. Since I haven't invested in the project, I don't have a legal leg to stand on.

butter_hole
05-08-2012, 01:52 AM
i'll take that with cheese.

icklekitty
05-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Its hardly heckling. if that were the case I'd be telling everybody they were stupid for sending their money to a project that wasn't anywhere near being finished. While I may or may not be thinking that, Its not my business to attack anybody like that.

The fact is, I'd like to see someone nail this guys ass to the wall. Since I haven't invested in the project, I don't have a legal leg to stand on.

Well, saying "or are you all talk?" isn't very helpful, and it's a bit accusatory/incendiary. Like I said, I don't understand why you're therefore complaining about nobody doing anything about it. It's not really going to aid progress.

And the stuff about not having a legal leg to stand on and being pissed off at them in your last two posts; lots of people inlcuding me agree with you, but that's not really what I'm getting at - there wasn't any of that sentiment in your original post. Let's direct all our hate on them and not each other.

wizfan
05-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I've been quiet about this for a long time, so I'd like to post my personal story regarding the project. I have no news. I know as much about the current status of the project as you do. Nothing. I just want to share my own experiences with you guys. If you don't care about my storytelling, feel free to skip this post.

The short version: Sasan and I began working together shortly after the project was announced. We worked together for about a year. He went away in 2010 without telling me anything.

The long version: Man, it's been almost three years. NIN quit touring. I remember the "NIN 2009 WHINE FEST" thread and all the real-time updates we got from the final show. We were going berserk. People were like "where's Marilyn Manson? Where's Adrian Belew? Where's David Bowie?" An ETS user even made an account as David Bowie and shouted "I'M RIGHT HERE. Jeez." I was stuck on my PC for three hours straight, constantly refreshing the page and going back-and-forth between various Twitter accounts. People would tweet their favorite NIN moments to celebrate the end of an era. Hey, remember when ETS made that word filter that replaced "Twitter" with "Twatter"? Anyway.

The Downward Spiral Live was released a few weeks after the Wave Goodbye tour was over. A collaboration between This One Is On Us and The NIN Hotline, that project was also the first NIN fan release to feature my artwork, along with MAD's. I was excited as hell. I had made tons of stuff for Another Version of the Truth but failed in the art contest (my art ended up being featured in the project anyway; more on that later), so it was amazing to see my PDF files being distributed with the torrent - which also meant that Trent and Rob probably saw my designs as well. You guys gave me lots of appreciation.

Sometime in November 2009, Synthetik made a post on both NIN.com and ETS, announcing his final show project. Fresh off the TDS Live project, I immediately contacted him to create some designs. We began chatting and working together. Under his direction, I created lots of covers. We both picked the ones we were the most happy with, and they were posted on atinylittledot.com as soon as the site was launched:

http://atinylittledot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/DVD_COVER_WIZFAN_AAISAD_02.png

http://atinylittledot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Untitled-1.jpg

(by the way, the logo on the AAISAD trailer was based off the second design of mine)

I have fond memories from that time. Sasan was cool to work with. Making stuff for the project was a great way for me to exercise my techniques. I may post the WIP's from the other designs I made sometime. I'm very proud of what I had accomplished while working for AAISAD.

The Another Version of the Truth video was released a month later. My artwork and subtitles were featured in the project. People began raving about the project, though I was kinda pissed that the Gift got more attention than the Vegas edit, which was a true fan-sourced video rather than an edit of footage provided by NIN. The Gift was screened in Los Angeles (I think) by the TOIOU team, and Rob, Robin, Justin and Ilan were there as well (I think). Sasan was there too, providing people a sneak peek at AAISAD. However, he told me that he wasn't that impressed with the Gift edit.

Around Spring 2010, I was going through a hard time in my life. I would talk to Sasan about more personal stuff. I needed people to talk to, and I was glad we were developing a good friendship. Sometimes I would go a bit too personal, but he didn't seem to mind. Oh, anyway, the point is, that didn't affect our collaborations.

Until certain things started happening.

Torgo and Ash left the project. A Tiny Little Dot opened the orders without having a finished product, then closed them. I think they re-opened them again for a little while. People began to be annoyed by the group's secrecy. I found all this to be very upsetting. What the hell was going on?

Sasan would appear online for less and less time on my Google Chat friend list. He never appears online anymore. Could he have deleted me? Then, he would simply ignore me, not replying to any e-mails or messages.

When ETS was relaunched, Ash posted this:

They had about 2/3 of the amount of footage we got for Vegas, and their show's an hour longer.

Sasan had told me that, at their lowest point, they had footage from at least eight cameras, and 25 at their highest. Was he lying to me?

I've been very disheartened by all this. Yes, I'm glad ZootZap took matters into her own hands and made her own Wiltern edit (which included some of Sasan's footage, right? Fancy that!), but I'm sad to see all the good times I had while working for this project led nowhere.

If anyone's interested, I'll show you guys the other stuff I made for AAISAD. I still hope the project wasn't a scam, and that it will see the light of day eventually. Until then, I'm not bothering with this anymore.

ScreamingSlave
06-11-2012, 01:10 PM
If anyone responsible wants to head up a new project id gladly donate my hd footage from the final show.

My conditions no $ up front a set end project date and constant updates so we know the project is getting done.

I am ashamed to have even donated my footage to sasan for this past project he took everyone's $ and footage and ran I suggest everyone fight for their money back and withdraw from this past project.

sa_nick
06-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Sasan was there too, providing people a sneak peek at AAISAD. However, he told me that he wasn't that impressed with the Gift edit.

Sounds like someone was just jealous :D

What a douche.

It would be cool to see some unreleased cuts from the project though. I wasn't a fan of the Somewhat Damaged clip that was put up. The editing was a little corny in places and overall it had a complete lack of differing angles at different zooms, which can't be cut together well no matter who's editing.

icklekitty
06-12-2012, 04:01 AM
It would be cool to see some unreleased cuts from the project though. I wasn't a fan of the Somewhat Damaged clip that was put up. The editing was a little corny in places and overall it had a complete lack of differing angles at different zooms, which can't be cut together well no matter who's editing.

One of the things I got out of working on those DVDs was that I realised the problems with BYIT weren't Rob's. You can only do so much with the camera work you're given!

(No offense intended to the awesome folk that donated footage; I hope that one day something will come along to give The Slip the same redemption)

simonn
06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
One of the things I got out of working on those DVDs was that I realised the problems with BYIT weren't Rob's. You can only do so much with the camera work you're given!

What problems? I love BYIT! Interested to read some examples. Eraser maybe?

Torgo
06-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, for one - cutting between different shows to make one seamless edit of a song is a bit of a task, especially if it's hard to mask continuity problems between the different movements of people on stage for each night. You can only do so much with that - aka cut away to a closeup to disorient the viewer. Most of the time, more than half of the footage that your working with isn't going to work well in your next cut because of said continuity errors, and you can only have so many closeups at a time. It's kind of like working with a puzzle that sometimes has pieces that fit, while other times you're trying to jam a piece that doesn't quite fit in because it's the only one that could connect the rest of it together that's available.

icklekitty
06-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Also, shots where you have half of Trent on one side, half of Aaron on the other, and a huge void as the centre focus. Grosspants.

wizfan
06-15-2012, 07:23 PM
After assuring me that the finished product will be available before June (you know, this month)

Annnnnnd... it's not.

DVYDRNS
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
*chants* LAWSUIT LAWSUIT LAWSUIT LAWSUIT!!!

simonn
07-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Seems like there's movement on this, with TOIOU taking up the mantle, without Sasan's involvement:-

https://twitter.com/Thisoneisonus

SM Rollinger
07-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Sweeet, the creature lives!

icklekitty
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Seems like there's movement on this, with TOIOU taking up the mantle, without Sasan's involvement:-

https://twitter.com/Thisoneisonus

Um, no. Those tweets are clearly about the Dresden Dolls project we had been working on and not this. Hence the very first thing in the tweet being #DDNYC.

simonn
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Um, no. Those tweets are clearly about the Dresden Dolls project we had been working on and not this. Hence the very first thing in the tweet being #DDNYC.

Yes, they've bought me up to speed on that now, put two and two together and made three when they mentioned project leaders going missing!

DigitalChaos
07-11-2012, 02:01 PM
http://dc.moose.cc/temp/skitched-20120711-120156.jpg

Nora Can Cans
08-01-2012, 08:43 PM
So when do the marks form a collective to start legal proceedings for reimbursement?

FernandoDante
08-05-2012, 07:29 PM
He's gonna pull a Sony/EA/Valve and say "no class action lawsuits!"

Leviathant
09-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Edit: Oh hell. I just looked at the date on the Wretched video and it's from last year.

TLD submitted a YouTube clip of "The Day The World Went Away" but I opted not to post it, because Sasan was a dick about pre-orders, and keeps making up when the project will be released. At this stage, I think I'll only post about it if every single person who pre-ordered can confirm that they have either been refunded, or have received what they ordered. The video for TDTWWA has since been marked private, but atinylittledot.com now has an embedded video for The Frail/The Wretched. You know what it says underneath that?

a very limited ordering window will be re-opened (date TBA).

I guess the money ran out! Buyer beware...

the project isn't dead... at all. were still set to finish in early fall this year.

--Sasan, June 22, 2011

yes we intend for this product to be finished before june

--Sasan, March 26, 2012

...to the extent that youre asking us to provide you with an accounting of time, course, costs schedule etc, that's a bit too patriarchal for our liking.

--Sasan, March 29, 2012

mmelahouris
09-11-2012, 01:58 AM
This just in:

To loyal nine inch nails fans everywhere,
Tonight we had hoped to release a full digital version of the final show to coincide with the 3 year anniversary of the Final Show. After years of long hard work, our 3 1/2 hour edit of the final show, rendered in full 1080p is complete and ready to share with the masses. But due to a few last minute tweaks, we won't be able to release tonight. As much as we'd like to, we've waited this long to get it perfect, and we're not going to release it any other way. But rest assured, the full digital release isright around the corner, and we expect it to be ready by the end of this week.
We will be releasing the full digital version of the show, representing years and years of our work for free, to anyone who wants to it, anywhere around the world. It's our gift, as belated as it may be, to the NIN community - a community to whom we apologize for those who've been frustrated and waiting patiently for the birth of this project. This project is NOT DEAD - we've been burning away in the background, putting the final touches on, and now its days away from full digital release.
For those who've ordered a DVD or Blu-Ray of the project... it's coming too... and we intend to reward your patience with a host of special features, bonus content, and a 5.1 surround mix.
Though we couldn't surprise you all with the full release, on the anniversary of this amazing show, as we had hoped - Here's a little something to tide you over. BURN.
Happy Anniversary NIN fans!,
a tiny little dot
p.s. a very limited ordering window will be re-opened(date TBA).

Fred
09-11-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm definitely still gonna download and watch it, but I'm fucking glad I didn't order a physical copy, and I don't intend to do so. I really do feel for those of you that have been robbed.

DigitalChaos
09-11-2012, 02:21 AM
"and we expect it to be ready by the end of this week."
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152025795471531&id=168899361530

anyone taking bets on the timeline this time?

Brokenfern
09-11-2012, 04:32 AM
Well I think they really mean it this time. So i'm going to say that the timeline will be a release date of October 1st........2045.

fillow
09-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Last minute tweaks for 3-year long project sounds laughable. Sorry.

sa_nick
09-11-2012, 06:16 AM
That Burn video isn't too bad. I didn't really dig any of the other edits they'd released previously but that was cool. Questionable cuts throughout, especially the first half, but it has some sweet moments and captures the feel of the song pretty well. For the first time I'm keen to see the rest of the show.

jessamineny
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Goddamn, he has some FUCKING BALLS to say he's opening orders again.

screwdriver
09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
that video made my eyes hurt. that said, does anyone know what kind of guitar Finck was playing there? I want it. also, why does the audio sound so crappy and phasey?

wizfan
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Forgive me for being such a whiny cunt, but I'm actually even more saddened by the news. Just like Levi, I, too, hope that people will either get their money back or get a finished product. But, fuck... nobody from the ATLD team bothers to tell me anything, and I worked on this thing's artwork for a year. I hope I wasn't booted off the project. And even if my artwork makes it to the finished DVD, they're opening orders again for a limited time, which means that even if the thing is finished and sold off, I won't be able to buy it (I'm currently broke and unable to work for a few weeks).

icklekitty
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I have plenty of bile left in me regarding this project, but nothing really constructive to say.

So I'll just remind everyone that a multicam of this show already exists (http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/node/84) - made by one person in a matter of months. And if anyone wants a physical copy, I'm sure wizfan will offer to share one of his awesome covers and some kind folk will offer to burn you a DVD for free if you don't have the resources. Because this still is by and large a beautiful, generous, and selfless community.

wizfan
09-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Of course, I will gladly provide you guys with free PDF's. The front, back, inlay and disc designs are ready and I will make any needed tweaks when/if AAISAD is ready.

kdrcraig
09-11-2012, 03:10 PM
At this point I don't even remember if I ordered a physical copy or where I was living at the time if I did. Anyone know what the name would show up as in Paypal if you sent them money?

Edit: Nevermind, found the paypal email. Glad I saved that shit, at least I know I actually ordered one. It's actually my current address too, seems like it's been longer than that since this started.

DF118
09-11-2012, 04:15 PM
that video made my eyes hurt. that said, does anyone know what kind of guitar Finck was playing there? I want it. also, why does the audio sound so crappy and phasey?

Probably because they sat on their asses for a few years collecting money from people before thinking "fuck, we'd better actually made a thing here" and knocking it out overnight on iMovie.

DVYDRNS
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm gonna pirate the shit outta this.

DigitalChaos
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM
So I'll just remind everyone that a multicam of this show already exists (http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/node/84) - made by one person in a matter of months.
The sadistic side of me says that ATLD should simply wrap up ZootZap's copy with some ATLD branding and try to pass it off as their own... including burning it to DVD's for the people that paid.

... yea

FernandoDante
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I have plenty of bile left in me regarding this project, but nothing really constructive to say.

So I'll just remind everyone that a multicam of this show already exists (http://nin.thisoneisonus.org/node/84) - made by one person in a matter of months. And if anyone wants a physical copy, I'm sure wizfan will offer to share one of his awesome covers and some kind folk will offer to burn you a DVD for free if you don't have the resources. Because this still is by and large a beautiful, generous, and selfless community.
I'd like to see both of these projects uploaded to YouTube, so we can compare and see how much of those three years was actually worth the wait.

theimage13
09-11-2012, 07:23 PM
We will be releasing the full digital version of the show, representing years and years of our work for free, to anyone who wants to it, anywhere around the world.

If he honestly thinks that the NIN community wouldn't have done this themselves once if the DVD comes out, he's even more clueless than I thought. Yes, time has been spent on this. But a video composed of 100% fan-compiled material at an open-camera show? If a paid download was ever actually considered, I would have been disgusted.

Leviathant
09-11-2012, 08:52 PM
^^^ Notice how now the people who pre-ordered are back to getting exclusive 'bonus' content. Pre-order your copy today! Shit like that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They should not be posting a damn thing until they have pressed and shipped the discs that they took money to make.

DVYDRNS
09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
I still think everybody should demand their money back.

DF118
09-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd be very interested to see how much money Sasan has made out of this.

Here's the big, big problem with the update. He's asking for more money for the disk, yeah?

For those who've ordered a DVD or Blu-Ray of the project... it's coming too... and we intend to reward your patience with a host of special features, bonus content, and a 5.1 surround mix.

p.s. a very limited ordering window will be re-opened(date TBA).

Let's translate this as meaning he's taking actually orders for a finished disk, and he's finalising a release date. Why is it very limited? If we're ordering a finished product now it's compete and "coming too", that is. Did everyone's money go on gold plating and a diamond jewel case?

If he's talking about another pre-order, what's the point? Does he need additional funds to put the finishing touches to a disk? That's what people have paid for. And it's nearly finished. He's said so.

Apart from all the special features. Which will take at least another 6 months to develop.

I bet you anything they've got a digital copy nearly done, but absolutely no progress in getting it pressed and delivered. Meaning the Disk is still years away.

So he's trying another pre-order for the hard copy, which is ages away, and trying to disguise this fact by distracting everyone with a digital cookie.

If this ever gets released on disk I'll eat my own face.

TheBang
09-12-2012, 02:43 AM
I think he's saying that the finished physical product will be completed soon, and will be shipped to everyone who already pre-ordered it. And for those who didn't pre-order, but want a physical copy, they'll open up additional ordering for that soon for a limited amount of time. Probably because he doesn't want to fulfill orders for an indefinite period, or because he wants it to be a "limited" product in some manner, I guess.

jmtd
09-12-2012, 03:58 AM
The website for this project has the NIN logo all over it, almost like it's an official project. Since it's actually snake oil, maybe the NIN camp might want to have a word? It's ambiguous enough that some folks might part with money and not realise that it isn't an official project. I don't remember TOIOU or other sites being quite so close to the bone.

NotoriousTIMP
09-12-2012, 06:26 PM
The website for this project has the NIN logo all over it, almost like it's an official project. Since it's actually snake oil, maybe the NIN camp might want to have a word? It's ambiguous enough that some folks might part with money and not realise that it isn't an official project. I don't remember TOIOU or other sites being quite so close to the bone.

This actually seems like a good idea....does TR visit these parts anymore? It kinda sucks to have to get him involved but at this point, maybe we should look to the NIN camp for help

maryelle
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Yep, sorry, I don't believe for a second it's coming out anytime soon. And I feel sorry for anyone who paid. And I hope, and am sure, that the "exclusive bonus content" on the DVD will be torrented to high heaven.

Leviathant
09-13-2012, 12:08 AM
This actually seems like a good idea....does TR visit these parts anymore? It kinda sucks to have to get him involved but at this point, maybe we should look to the NIN camp for help

Eh. As much as I have no bones actively shitting all over this project given their horrible handling of other people's money, I think even trying to have the NIN camp reprimand them for using the NIN logo would be a dick move. Maybe that's because Nothing Records (read: John Malm) came after me when I launched NothingRadio.net... I'd gone for years using NIN & nothing logos on my various fan sites, and suddenly they wanted to talk to me about logos? That whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, I doubt Sasan reads any of this, but here's my advice to him, not that he's taken any of that in the past:

You want to give pre-orders an exclusive? Send them the physical product before posting it online. Then upload the digital version and take orders for more physical product. Everyone wins. (Spent all the money already? If you spent it on anything other than expenses directly related to this project, it wasn't yours to spend, so either bust out that credit card, start ebaying shit, or finagle a loan)

fillow
09-13-2012, 03:52 AM
Prediction:
In mid-december this thing suddenly comes alive again with the announcement of Xmas release and apologies for delays. "We rrrrrrrrrrrreally (*in Bill Hicks voice*) were going to put it online by Sept 15 but (surprise!) due to sudden HDD crash we had to postpone it. And oh by the way, pre-orders will be available again, for the vvvvveeeeeeery limited time".

shagg_187
09-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Might as well send me all the audio/video clips. I can do a quicker/better job in a matter of days. Using Windows Movie Maker. For free.

Leviathant
09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Heh. I posted my idea (as The NIN Hotline) that their exclusive to pre-orderers should be delivering the discs on their facebook post about this (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152025795471531&id=168899361530), and unless I'm missing something, I think they deleted my post.

BenAkenobi
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I already feel this exclusivity. A mere walking on the same planet is a blessing.

kdrcraig
09-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Heh. I posted my idea (as The NIN Hotline) that their exclusive to pre-orderers should be delivering the discs on their facebook post about this (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152025795471531&id=168899361530), and unless I'm missing something, I think they deleted my post.

Yeah I think they're deleting posts. I posted on there yesterday asking them how they were going to let people know the stuff was shipping in case people have moved since they ordered it, and how they've had my money for two years. Someone liked my post so it must've been visible at some point but it's nowhere to be seen now. I can see the post if I go through the notification but not if I just go look at their page....

icklekitty
09-13-2012, 11:30 AM
I wonder what would happen if we all posted the same message?

"To loyal nine inch nails fans everywhere

Tonight we had hoped to release..."

I have noticed that throughout all their communications they have been talking like this. As if they are celebrities/NIN themselves. They should be behaving like they are servants to the fans. Just like TOIOU, just like The Hotline, just like ToTom, just like RITC, just like EYB, just like all the bootleggers and all the traders in this community. I don't like that I don't recognise a single one of these names either.

jessamineny
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Eh. As much as I have no bones actively shitting all over this project given their horrible handling of other people's money, I think even trying to have the NIN camp reprimand them for using the NIN logo would be a dick move. Maybe that's because Nothing Records (read: John Malm) came after me when I launched NothingRadio.net... I'd gone for years using NIN & nothing logos on my various fan sites, and suddenly they wanted to talk to me about logos? That whole ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes, but you weren't trying to sell anybody anything.

And you hadn't used the warm glow of the NIN brand to help take money from thousands of people, and then keep it for years without giving them anything.

(And then refused to communicate with those people. And when you did pop up, arrogantly refuse to answer questions.)

I'm sorry, comparing your situation to Sasan makes my teeth hurt.

FernandoDante
09-14-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't like that I don't recognise a single one of these names either.
If I remember correctly, there was one time when the twitter account belonging to the owner of ATLD RTd a whole bunch of "Pink Is The New Blog" tweets. Including some shit about Jersey Shore. And I called him/her out for putting Jersey Shore on my fucking timeline. And I got a reply saying "If you knew who 'Pink Is The New Blog' is, you'd be more respectful."

As if being invited to Trent's wedding means you get a free pass for acting like Jersey Shore means shit.

ZootZap
09-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't like to say anything about this project, but I'm starting to be annoyed about all the glossy words backing it.

We will be releasing the full digital version of the show, representing years and years of our work for free, to anyone who wants to it, anywhere around the world. It's our gift, as belated as it may be, to the NIN community - a community to whom we apologize for those who've been frustrated and waiting patiently for the birth of this project.

Is it something absolutely special give it for free? .... they are so very special.

@wizfan
For quite some time I wanted to thank you for your "insider"posting.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/275-after-all-is-said-and-done-THE-FINAL-SHOW-Project-that-remains-unfinished/page5

FernandoDante
09-15-2012, 04:39 PM
The end of the week is right here...

Nora Can Cans
09-16-2012, 06:04 AM
They are being very selective about the comments they delete...
There are still recent negative comments on the page.
Deleting a comment from a well known nin community resource such as The NIN Hotline is plain suspicious.

REPLICA
09-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Everyone - we ran into a bit of a snag. One of our files was inadvertently coded as a drop frame file resulting in a sync issue. Unfortunately, as a result, we have to push back the release until we get things solved - should be no later than the end of next Sunday (9/23). Our apologies

Updated their facebook.

otnavuskire
09-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Heh:

"Everyone - we ran into a bit of a snag. One of our files was inadvertently coded as a drop frame file resulting in a sync issue. Unfortunately, as a result, we have to push back the release until we get things solved - should be no later than the end of next Sunday (9/23). Our apologies."

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152032299461531&id=168899361530

gorast
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Heh:

"Everyone - we ran into a bit of a snag. One of our files was inadvertently coded as a drop frame file resulting in a sync issue. Unfortunately, as a result, we have to push back the release until we get things solved - should be no later than the end of next Sunday (9/23). Our apologies."

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152032299461531&id=168899361530
Nice fucking job. This thing's never going to be released.

DigitalChaos
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
so did anyone here actually think they were going to make the previous "before end of week" deadline or are we all just laughing?

Ok new game! You now have to guess what the next excuse will be.

REPLICA
09-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Ok new game! You now have to guess what the next excuse will be.

"Seriously guys, I was getting ready to release it but some drunk guy smashed his way into my apartment. So.... I'll definitely release it next week."

DigitalChaos
09-16-2012, 06:50 PM
"Seriously guys, I was getting ready to release it but some drunk guy smashed his way into my apartment. So.... we are taking donations to rebuild everything. Luckily we still have backups of the original source data."
fixed that for you :)

DigitalChaos
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
For posterity:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152032299461531&id=168899361530&comment_id=23045064&offset=0&total_comments=8
"Tyler, we dont' want to say for sure since people get very invested in actual timelines. But without committing ourselves to anything, I think sometime in the next month to two months or so we'll be re-opening the order period. Hopefully one month rather than two ;) Hope that helps. Don't worry though,, we'll announce at least one week in advance when we're re-opening the order window"

REPLICA
09-16-2012, 06:57 PM
For posterity:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152032299461531&id=168899361530&comment_id=23045064&offset=0&total_comments=8
"Tyler, we dont' want to say for sure since people get very invested in actual timelines. But without committing ourselves to anything, I think sometime in the next month to two months or so we'll be re-opening the order period. Hopefully one month rather than two ;) Hope that helps. Don't worry though,, we'll announce at least one week in advance when we're re-opening the order window"

This is going to be crazy....

EDIT: "Hey I have an idea... Before we release this material at all... We start talking about pre-orders again!! It'll be awesome! People can pay and wait another few years!"

I want my dvd please... That's all I'm asking for...

Nora Can Cans
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
So they are not even planning on seeding the torrent themselves? Does everyone realise they will be paying from their own pocket to distribute the digital copy?
:mad:

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh my God. I laughed WAY harder than I should have once I saw that on Facebook. Keep up the great work there, guys.

And I'm sure anyone itching to give money to this project would think differently if they followed this thread. At least nobody's deleting comments here.

FernandoDante
09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
So they are not even planning on seeding the torrent themselves? Does everyone realise they will be paying from their own pocket to distribute the digital copy?
:mad:
And they're only asking for seeders now. As if they didn't need seeders for the originally planned release last week.

DigitalChaos
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
And they're only asking for seeders now. As if they didn't need seeders for the originally planned release last week.
thats exactly why I posted it! It is clear that they had no intent on releasing it this last week. Either that or they are HORRIBLY bad at planning... which would certainly explain the current state of the project.
I hope they don't use a "some of our seeders are having issues/missing/etc" excuse this week.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
They will. I'm calling it right now.

Edit: V Don't forget working on the Year Zero TV show, plus who knows what else.

WingWalker
09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Delurking briefly.

So after three years ATLD still can't release a DVD of a three hour show.

In those same three years Trent Reznor got married, released the HTDA EP, composed two film soundtracks, won an Oscar, did a bunch of interviews, released the "Tetsuo" music, guested on a few of his friend's albums, is about to release the second HTDA album, is possibly working on a re-release of "The Fragile", is possibly working on new NIN, and produced two kids.

For ATLD to say they need more time takes some world class nerve.

Leviathant
09-16-2012, 11:51 PM
It's the end of the week and instead of a release, a bullshit excuse to push it back one more week. Oh, but they'll take pre-orders again "sometime in the next month or two." I don't know why I'm even posting. You know my feelings on this. Anyway, like I told Sasan, if he opens up orders again, I feel like I won't be able to keep my trap shut.

Is it dickish of me to post a warning on the Hotline about that, if it comes to pass?

DVYDRNS
09-17-2012, 12:23 AM
these people disgust me.

DF118
09-17-2012, 12:29 AM
He's got no ability to deliver and that makes him a flimflam man. A lot if
facebook posters are still believing him, even encouraging him. You should post. He could keep his strategy going forever.

BenAkenobi
09-17-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm starting to wonder if "the team" thoroughly hid this project from anyone surrounding them: families, friends, colleagues, etc. just to avoid being frowned upon by real people they know.

icklekitty
09-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Is it dickish of me to post a warning on the Hotline about that, if it comes to pass?

At this point I'd almost say it would be your duty.

If it was only going to be a week/month, why not shut up until it's out? After not bothering to communicate with your customers/bosses for this long? The main thing I'm surprised about is that people on Facebook are still excited about this.

And regarding seeders, why not do what everyone else does and round up a few community members to leave their computers running overnight? Oh wait, everyone hates you. Why not ask the team to do the same? There are enough of them.

Also the drop frame/sync issue thing - IIRC this is something you find out before the authoring process - i.e. before the final files are even created. And it's usually a matter of just re-exporting (re-saving) the file after changing one setting. Which takes like, 3 hours. And from what I remember these guys telling me, everyone lives within driving distance of each other so you don't have the problem of time zones and shipping hard drives.

I got my period today; stay tuned for more.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, looks like they've deleted most of the comments on their page from the last 24 hours, including a couple if mine, and from people from ETS. I said something about it, but I don't imagine it will stay up for long.

They're officially putting more effort into hiding the negativity toward their project than they are toward the project itself.

sheepdean
09-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Apparently it will be two months before the people who paid for it are going to get it. Because there's "things to be completed" https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152032299461531&id=168899361530&comment_id=23047644&offset=0&total_comments=21

GibbonBlack
09-17-2012, 08:39 AM

It wouldn't hurt to put a small warning stating that they have been saying "It's nearly done" for too long and have taken loads of peoples money with no sign of a finished product coming any time soon. Then link to this thread or something

wizfan
09-17-2012, 09:40 AM
This seeder excuse is beyond stupid. We at TOIOU used an FTP server to seed the stuff before it was announced to the public. Are you telling me that this team full of audio-video editors and web developers is unable to use FTP and practically begging the customers to seed it? What a load.

DVYDRNS
09-17-2012, 10:13 AM
theyve deleted all my comments and blocked me from commenting more. I clicked the "report this page as a scam" button.

i suggest everybody else do the same. hah that would be funny

sweeterthan
09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
No, i think its fair to warn the community from your platform that those who have placed orders have yet to see their physical copy of this project and there's nothing concrete about when they will see what they paid for. Order with caution.

There was a situation back in 2006 or 2007 with some dude making posters and tshirts - wolf something - didn't the hotline warn folks then?

Speaking of dickish....

we dont' want to say for sure since people get very invested in actual timelines.
yes, people who fork over their own money are INVESTED in getting the product they PAID for in a timely manner.

grrrrr

allegro
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Reznor and co should be sending a cease and desist warning to these assholes. This is crossing copyright barriers, clearly intended to be for profit and is also negatively impacting branding.

jessamineny
09-17-2012, 12:05 PM
If they were to shut them down, I think the NIN camp should follow that up by (whoopsie) letting their concert film of the Wiltern show make its way onto teh interwebs. Rob is probably pretty preoccupied with that wedding and, you know, mistakes happen...

sick among the pure
09-17-2012, 01:04 PM

Levi, do it man. I could type up a college essay on why you should, but I don't think I need to. You want to do it, and nobody can think of a single reason you shouldn't. You warned people about previous "NIN fan-made, pay now and never get anything" scams, and waited a full year of positive business before you ever mentioned the actually cleared by Trent shirts Darjis and I produced. I didn't even pre-order this and I'm pissed at what he's doing to the community.
If he opens pre-orders again, before a single person gets their disc in hand and watches it, you should post up a warning on the Hotline. Even if it's just "just a warning, guys, he took pre-order money X months ago and nobody has received anything but excuses, so be cautious before purchasing just yet."

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure that the entire community of people interested in buying the thing are a part of the Hotline community, though. I mean, I have a feeling that they're only opening the purchasing window again because they have more people on the Facebook that have just heard of the project recently, and have no idea of their shenanigans, and are overly excited to put their money into "an awesome fan-made project omg."

Basically, I think posting a warning on the Hotline might not be enough. They need to have a warning on their Facebook page, which seems to be one of their main hubs for reaching people now. I just don't think that they'd go for keeping that on their page for long. But hell, I'd be willing to help keep it posted on their wall daily. We could come up with some kind of warning to new fans, give it to a few members here or on the Hotline, and then one of us can post it on their page. If it gets deleted, someone else will post it, and so on. That way it'll stay on their front page, without being spammed all over, and they might have a harder time blocking people to keep us from posting it again.

That, or get the list of people that like them and send a message to every one of them, hah. As direct as that is, I feel it might be crossing the line in terms of spam. But if it's going to keep people from dumping their money into this bottomless pit, then it might not be such a terrible idea.

Edit: This is all assuming that they can't follow up with a finished product soon, and I mean soon. The physical product is already out the window as far as I'm concerned.

KrakenWakes
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
The funny thing is, when this thing was announced, I couldn't fathom streaming 1080p video to my tv and really wanted a bluray. It's been so long that my tastes in media have changed and now I'd just love a giant mp4 file that I can play on my PS3.

Nora Can Cans
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah the problem with a warning on the FB page is that it WILL get deleted.
This page https://www.facebook.com/stinkfist9 has been posting about this debacle for a while, even negative comments posted on the ATLD page are still there.
I'm not sure why the nin camp have been so quiet on this issue...one tiny buyer beware tweet from Trent would sink any future ordering plans ATLD have.

FernandoDante
09-17-2012, 07:59 PM
If they were to shut them down, I think the NIN camp should follow that up by (whoopsie) letting their concert film of the Wiltern show make its way onto teh interwebs. Rob is probably pretty preoccupied with that wedding and, you know, mistakes happen...
Something tells me that Trent & co. aren't too keen on releasing the final concert in its entirety. I think they'd rather select the top performances from that last run of gigs. Not to be a dick here, but there were very clear fuckups at the Wiltern, that weren't necessarily present at the previous gigs. It's like the focus was on the special guests, rather than on playing the best version of each song.

PQHooligan
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img41/6250/bastards.png

Let's see how long my comment lasts there - this is on par with FACTION as someone mentioned, and after that fiasco, I was hoping nothing like that would occur again :(

wizfan
09-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Two months? TWO MONTHS? They need TWO MONTHS to "complete a few things for the DVD and Blu-ray and ship them"? What the hell are they going to fit in there, anyway?

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Two months? TWO MONTHS? They need TWO MONTHS to "complete a few things for the DVD and Blu-ray and ship them"? What the hell are they going to fit in there, anyway?

Behind-the-scenes documentary about the not-making of this DVD.

WingWalker
09-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Here's what I think happened: after initial, enthusiastic work on the project it was put aside and forgotten. Then an "Oh man! Forgot all about this! We've gotta get this thing done!" realization and a flurry of activity. How else to explain the silence, the re-posting of the same old clips instead of new material, lofty comments such as " we don't want to say for sure", "people get very invested in actual time lines", "without committing ourselves to anything, I think sometime in the next month to two months?"

DF118
09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Here's what I think happened: after initial, enthusiastic work on the project it was put aside and forgotten. Then an "Oh man! Forgot all about this! We've gotta get this thing done!" realization and a flurry of activity. How else to explain the silence, the re-posting of the same old clips instead of new material, lofty comments such as " we don't want to say for sure", "people get very invested in actual time lines", "without committing ourselves to anything, I think sometime in the next month to two months?"

Doubt they even accomplished that much. They just can't deliver, so they're forced to keep using the same holding messages and stalling tricks. It's either that or admit they don't have anything. Which they can't do, because they've kept using stalling tricks and holding messages. Vicious cycle- the more they delay, the more they're expected to deliver. So the more they have to delay. Had they not taken money, they could at least bail with their tails between their legs. But they did so they can't so they're fucked.

simonn
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Well, I put myself up to be a seeder 11 hours ago - and asked them to change my order from a DVD to a BluRay. Have heard nothing back on either matter.

FernandoDante
09-22-2012, 08:00 PM
LOL at all the How To Destroy Angels stuff being unveiled before this came out.

And September 23rd is TOMORROW.

EDIT: I posted "TICK TOCK" on their FB, and they just blocked me!!! I can't comment, like or anything! hahahaahhaha

DigitalChaos
09-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I offered to seed on an insanely fast internet connection (the kind you don't turn down when seeding something like this). I was also one of the very first to contact them. I've heard NOTHING from them.

FernandoDante
09-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I offered to seed on an insanely fast internet connection (the kind you don't turn down when seeding something like this). I was also one of the very first to contact them. I've heard NOTHING from them.
It seems another friend of mine just got blocked from their FB. They're online now. I'd suggest more snark, if they're so relentless about their censorship.

icklekitty
09-24-2012, 06:52 AM
They've deleted a bunch of posts as well (as opposed to comments) including one lengthy message from someone on here (when we were discussing the fact that some people may be unaware of the full story) summarising the history of the project and warning against new people pre-ordering.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
They've deleted a bunch of posts as well (as opposed to comments) including one lengthy message from someone on here (when we were discussing the fact that some people may be unaware of the full story) summarising the history of the project and warning against new people pre-ordering.I think that might've been me. In which case: Called it. :P Seriously. I'll make up fake e-mail addresses to spam these guys more if I have to. They have it (and more) coming.

Edit: Yup. Mine's gone. as well as literally EVERY comment I can remember seeing on there from the last week or two. Left another one, but again, we know how long it'll stay up. :P

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=4c0e486075&view=att&th=139f8b0c9753f585&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_h7hocqxj1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-QBc08_56AtnOYbBC0sKtC&sadet=1348497143862&sads=_2BHLwlgXDOBgB9GuDVW4azWzdQ

DigitalChaos
09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Well the tiniest little dot caught my eye
And it turned out to be a scab
And I had this funny feeling
Like I just knew it's something bad
I just couldn't leave alone
And I kept picking at that scab
Like it was a doorway trying to seal itself shut

DVYDRNS
09-24-2012, 01:03 PM
theyve deleted my relentless bitching and blocked me as well. heheh.

DigitalChaos
09-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I've seriously accepted this to just be some elaborate performance art based on the lyrics from Only. It's the only way it makes any sense.

DF118
09-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but the last update on their website (http://atinylittledot.com/)? It doesn't actually have a date on it. So anyone visiting for first time assumes they intend for the torrent to be released this weekend, all the time. Like if I just came across the site today, I'd think they were planning on releasing this coming Friday, because they could have posted this whenever.

Each of their other updates had dates on them.

I'm going to post this on their Facebook page and see how long it takes them to delete it too.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I went and took a few screenshots of things on their Facebook page. You never know, it might be kinda nice to have proof of some of the comments people have been making. Also, I just wanna point out this picture from them working in the studio a couple years ago.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/75601_452402601530_7044415_n.jpg

wizfan
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
This picture reminded me of that time during the LITS tour when Trent said he'd like to hook up that giant LED screen at his home and watch porn. It wouldn't surprise me if the ATLD crew used their studio screens in a similar fashion. Hey, are those paper tissues?

FernandoDante
09-25-2012, 09:51 PM
This was just posted to their Facebook:

"Everyone - here's the deal. We know we've been absent for the past few days, as there were a few final problems in encoding and renaming the video files, but it's time you know the truth. Those three videos that were uploaded to YouTube (The Wretched; Somewhat Damaged; Burn) are actually all we have done so far. Some small issues got in the way of editing the rest of the concert, but the project IS coming along, and will be delivered to you soon enough. The good news is, with 3 songs already edited, that leaves only 34 to go. As inspired by Amanda Palmer's successful experiments, a Kickstarter will be opened soon enough, so you can donate and help this project come to fruition."

Just kidding, you guys, come on. Might as well get a laugh out of this thing.

thelastdisciple
09-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Delurking briefly.

So after three years ATLD still can't release a DVD of a three hour show.

In those same three years Trent Reznor got married, released the HTDA EP, composed two film soundtracks, won an Oscar, did a bunch of interviews, released the "Tetsuo" music, guested on a few of his friend's albums, is about to release the second HTDA album, is possibly working on a re-release of "The Fragile", is possibly working on new NIN, and produced two kids.

For ATLD to say they need more time takes some world class nerve.
I don't know why i found this so funny, given Trent and his craft... reading that the way it ends...it's as if he musically engineered them lololol

Real talk with this post though, this whole scam has gone on long enough.

sheepdean
09-25-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm expecting the DVD to be on a DVD-r in the case they bought the dvd-rs in, with a black and white photocopied note about how it's teh best thing ever. And the content will be an embedded .avi

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-25-2012, 11:44 PM

"Everyone - here's the deal. We know we've been absent for the past few days, as there were a few final problems in encoding and renaming the video files, but it's time you know the truth. Those three videos that were uploaded to YouTube (The Wretched; Somewhat Damaged; Burn) are actually all we have done so far. Some small issues got in the way of editing the rest of the concert, but the project IS coming along, and will be delivered to you soon enough. The good news is, with 3 songs already edited, that leaves only 34 to go. As inspired by Amanda Palmer's successful experiments, a Kickstarter will be opened soon enough, so you can donate and help this project come to fruition."

It's both funny AND sad, because we're all afraid that it'll actually happen.

fillow
09-26-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm expecting the DVD
See, that's the problem. After everything people still expect them to deliver.

DigitalChaos
09-26-2012, 02:16 PM

wow, how sad is it that I though this was real until I saw Alrea's post? I was already thinking up my awesome rant about how everyone knew this shit would happen...
fuck me

FernandoDante
09-26-2012, 08:34 PM
wow, how sad is it that I though this was real until I saw Alrea's post? I was already thinking up my awesome rant about how everyone knew this shit would happen...
fuck me
I was careful to give a few hints, such as "trouble renaming the files."

Then again, maybe not even that sort of mistake is beyond those people.

Leviathant
09-26-2012, 09:51 PM
I was careful to give a few hints, such as "trouble renaming the files."

Then again, maybe not even that sort of mistake is beyond those people.

Despite having emailed at length with Sasan about the project, or perhaps because of that, I honestly took that at face value.

shagg_187
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Yep. That Kickstarter joke got me. I was going on a massive rant right now lol.

NotoriousTIMP
10-13-2012, 07:58 PM
*bump* so when is the lawsuit going down?

somethingelse
10-15-2012, 02:53 AM
At this stage I would be happy with pictures of the hookers and all the blow the money was spent on.

sheepdean
10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Don't be silly, for pictures, they'd need to actually use some kind of media editor, and that is WELL beyond their scope.

UninTY
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
so, just to be clear....

no one on here has heard from anyone involved in this "project" in the last few weeks?

because the last thing I see on the facebook, mentions something about them "requesting money for seeding". Which makes absolutely ZERO sense.

sheepdean
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't see anything about asking money for seeds on there? And no, the whole team has gone missing again, we'll probably see them in about February with promises of the whole release to be digitised for just $80 more

Leviathant
10-15-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm secretly holding out hope that he took my advice and is getting physical copies done first. (Guess that hope is not a secret now)

somethingelse
10-15-2012, 04:10 PM
That is the second time I've seen someone claim ATLD asked for money to seed... Perhaps they did make a post about this on FB, but wisely deleted it.

I hope you are right Levi, my expectations for anything from this mob shifted into low gear a while ago.
TOIOU and ATLD are polar opposites, each representing how TO and how NOT to tackle a project like this.

jessamineny
10-15-2012, 04:19 PM
That is the second time I've seen someone claim ATLD asked for money to seed... Perhaps they did make a post about this on FB, but wisely deleted it.

This was posted on the ATLD FB account (about ATLD planning to use torrents instead of funding a direct download option)...

Uses your internet connection so someone else can get the file and share it. Affects your bandwidth because someone is going into your network to download a file and yeah your internet provider will charge you extra more than likely.

...and I think someone interpreted that post as ATLD "asking for money."

somethingelse
10-15-2012, 05:01 PM
I had to ask myself what was more likely...
That people misread a comment and believed it to be a post by the page, or
that the floppy members of ATLD were high enough to actually ask for more money...

DigitalChaos
10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
They did ask for seeders to email them. It seems that they did NOT contact any of them yet.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-16-2012, 12:18 PM
This is all making me think of that scene in Snatch. "How long on those sausages?" "Five minutes." "...It was two minutes five minutes ago!"

UninTY
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Blu-Ray may be obsolute by the time I get this in my hands. Maybe they will let me upgrade to 4k. I'm gonna paypal them another 40 bucks, just in case. :rolleyes:

simonn
10-16-2012, 01:42 PM
They did ask for seeders to email them. It seems that they did NOT contact any of them yet.

Yep, never contacted me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
So, I haven't checked myself yet, but somebody in the Facebook page says that the Twitter account for this project is gone.

Sooo...