PDA

View Full Version : 2014.05.23 - London, UK @ The O2

TheBang
11-19-2013, 03:07 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_london_ohio_refrigerator_magnet-refb28c82266a4450926f2496eb93b2d1_x7js9_8byvr_324. jpg

witte
11-20-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm in (with my wife). Got tickets. Will combine it with a short holiday in London. :)

[parasite]
11-20-2013, 03:24 AM
me too, and the missus!

rhet
11-20-2013, 03:34 AM
just me on my own..hubs isn't worthy haha

slave2thewage
11-20-2013, 03:51 AM
I will be twerking in the seats at this.

icklekitty
11-20-2013, 04:01 AM
Attending.

There will be a meet-up, probably at one of the bars on-site, from about lunchtime. I'm going to try to reserve an area so people are free to come and go without the awkwardness.

Vertigo
11-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Woooo, obtained 1x reserved seating! Looks like I'm going to my first ever NIN show, and indeed my first proper concert. Ever.

sheepdean
11-20-2013, 04:08 AM
Attending.

There will be a meet-up, probably at one of the bars on-site, from about lunchtime. I'm going to try to reserve an area so people are free to come and go without the awkwardness.
The other side of the river is a lot cheaper, and with the emirates cable cars, it ain't too hard to get to either anymore

Digital Twilight
11-20-2013, 04:10 AM
I'm in :D

Sooooo excited already. Hey just another six months right?

WorzelG
11-20-2013, 04:13 AM
3 seats in block 101 - fingers crossed it's somewhat beyond the stage so any light show can be seen. Would be great to see people in a meet-up, the people i'm going with won't get there till after work / child minding handover but i can get an early train for whenever

icklekitty
11-20-2013, 06:44 AM
There may also be an after party in Tower Hill (20 mins away from o2). The same people have done it before for Rammstein, Depeche Mode etc, and it's a nice bunch of people (i.e. not mopey gofficks).

The other side of the river is a lot cheaper, and with the emirates cable cars, it ain't too hard to get to either anymore

Don't worry, I've done this before.

Sutekh
11-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Got mine!

Any way of knowing whether the o2 are going to pull that crafty trick whereby they oversell the standing area and then herd latecomers into empty seats?

icklekitty
11-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Do they really do that? Ugh, that venue are dicks.

There will definitely be a post-show meet-up at the Minories, Tower Hill. It's 20 minutes from the o2 (actual 20 minutes).

Trains
11-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Two standing tickets! Feeling very chuffed. This will be my fifth time seeing them, I'm so ready for this. Hopefully I'll be able to come along for the meet-up for good times with some of you guys.

Krazy
11-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Holy shiite sandwich- is that correct, only upper level tickets remaining?...

Scarlet Siren
11-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Got a pair of standing tickets. That was stressful!

dlb
11-23-2013, 12:15 PM
If this photo is anything to go by than I'm not too bummed to only get seating tix. 103 row J for me. See you there and maybe after the show! :)

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/the-o2-arena-london/high-resolution/01-the-o2-arena-london-seating-plan-marked-up-photo-high-resolution.jpg

SuperstarPJ
11-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Didn't manage to get standing tickets for this so tempted to get seated. Any opinions on good blocks? Is closer to the stage better, or at the far end straight on? Also is front row of the upper tier worth considering?

icklekitty
11-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Anything starting with 4 is not that great - a lot of people have complained of vertgo. If you're talking about which angle is best for seats, I've been all over and have never been disappointed.

SuperstarPJ
11-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Cool. Thanks for the reply. Ticket booked! Btw if anyone else is still looking for tickets you can still get lower tier on http://axs.com

dlb
12-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Ordered my tickets via eventim.co.uk but they dispatch is still in process. Has anyone recieved their tickets yet?

PUNCHLINE
12-21-2013, 09:00 AM
If anyone is after tickets desperately nearer the time people are ALWAYS selling tickets on Ebay from the higher sections, anything starting with 4, mainly because the view is so far away, lol.

nintourhistory
12-30-2013, 12:31 AM
If anybody has a spare floor ticket for this show, let me know! I'm taking my first trip to Europe and spending 18 days following NIN around. I already have floor for all my other shows except this one.

slave2thewage
01-16-2014, 02:50 PM
A friend of mine is looking for a standing ticket, so if you guys have an extra one let me know. He can only do that show because of work, so it would suck if he misses out.

filmfanb
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Want to get in early here, if there are any spares going can you please hold one out for me. i didnt think i was going to be in the country for this. i travelled from australia to ireland to see them play their first gig in 13 yrs there and havent seen them since that tour. please if someone could help me out, you have no idea what it would mean to me.

icklekitty
04-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Afterparty info is up, don't get put off by the goths: https://facebook.com/events/1410920062510019 (https://m.facebook.com/events/1410920062510019)

Follow the link if only to watch me trolling the attendees!

echoespaul
04-30-2014, 12:07 PM
Can someone kindly explain how the will call works at the O2? What time are they likely to start giving out the tickets and are you free to then go get food after pick up are you moved immediately into the arena? For Wave Goodbye I had postal tickets and saw a line outside but wasn't sure what that was for. Looking forward to it. :)

ukpirate
05-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Standing tickets on sale again if anyone still needs one - http://www.axs.com/uk/events/246319/nine-inch-nails-tickets

sheepdean
05-01-2014, 03:43 AM
Can someone kindly explain how the will call works at the O2? What time are they likely to start giving out the tickets and are you free to then go get food after pick up are you moved immediately into the arena? For Wave Goodbye I had postal tickets and saw a line outside but wasn't sure what that was for. Looking forward to it. :)
You collect from the windows to the left of the entrance to the O2. Once you have your tickets, you can go anywhere you wish, though some places will be very busy (protip: Don't bother with TGIs, you'll never fight that queue). As for the time, ideally it's significantly before doors. But there's always problems - if you're GA, get there a few hours early to eat, buy merch, find ETS users to pick up etc, if you're seated, then play it by ear.

icklekitty
05-01-2014, 03:58 AM
Apparently the Internet has gone batshit about the bowling alley that's just opened at the o2. I have absolutely no idea why it's appearing on the same lists as the most anticipated restaurant openings of 2014, but I guess that's an option too.

filmfanb
05-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Standing tickets on sale again if anyone still needs one - http://www.axs.com/uk/events/246319/nine-inch-nails-tickets

Thank you so much. Got them. 89 quid for two!Was looking at a lot more on gumtree and shit.
So, happy, you have no idea. Who to bring, who do I share this beautiful moment with.

zencho
05-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I also managed to get a standing ticket! I'm coming all the way from Finland to see my sister who's studying in London and of course I decided to come visit when NIN is in town ;) I'm also gonna attend the Nottingham concert and it would be fun to meet some local NIN fans so if anyone is going to Nottingham by car straight after the show or next morning I'd love to meet up! Or are there any cheap ways to travel in UK? The train tickets are as expensive as in Finland and I probably won't even get a student discount.

WorzelG
05-05-2014, 12:54 AM
I also managed to get a standing ticket! I'm coming all the way from Finland to see my sister who's studying in London and of course I decided to come visit when NIN is in town ;) I'm also gonna attend the Nottingham concert and it would be fun to meet some local NIN fans so if anyone is going to Nottingham by car straight after the show or next morning I'd love to meet up! Or are there any cheap ways to travel in UK? The train tickets are as expensive as in Finland and I probably won't even get a student discount.
National Express coaches are a very cheap way to travel compared to trains, in London they all go from London Victoria coach station

ukpirate
05-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Thank you so much. Got them. 89 quid for two!Was looking at a lot more on gumtree and shit.
So, happy, you have no idea. Who to bring, who do I share this beautiful moment with.

Glad to be of help. One in the eye for the touts!

sheepdean
05-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Fucking hell, we have to be in the O2 for 5 and in the arena at 6:15?

inc.
05-13-2014, 11:16 AM
If there's someone missing a ticket to the London O2 show, I've got an extra one to sell for face value. My companion just cancelled... It's a NIN.com presale standing ticket (early entrance). The tickets are will call and the buyer has to enter the venue with me. PM if interested.

WorzelG
05-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Fucking hell, we have to be in the O2 for 5 and in the arena at 6:15?
This is what confuses me, we have seated tickets, and in 2009 we bought them in the pre-sale and we didn't have to be in the arena for any specific time at all. Does the timing of 6.15 refer to people with standing tickets who want to get to rail? What are they going to do, follow you around with security staff all the time to check you aren't selling them on??

sheepdean
05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
This is what confuses me, we have seated tickets, and in 2009 we bought them in the pre-sale and we didn't have to be in the arena for any specific time at all. Does the timing of 6.15 refer to people with standing tickets who want to get to rail? What are they going to do, follow you around with security staff all the time to check you aren't selling them on??
Once you've got the ticket, you can't leave the arena (they'll scan ticket on entry and so they'll know you doubled back I guess?), but you can buy food and stuff if you're eating. If you're GA, you're SOL and someone's gonna make a fortune doing Wasabi runs or something

WorzelG
05-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Once you've got the ticket, you can't leave the arena (they'll scan ticket on entry and so they'll know you doubled back I guess?), but you can buy food and stuff if you're eating. If you're GA, you're SOL and someone's gonna make a fortune doing Wasabi runs or something
but last time, the presale tickets were given out outside the Dome at the outside entrance, and nobody scanned anything - i'm perfectly happy to spend the few hours within the dome, as theres loads to do and places to eat / drink, but don't want to be stuck in the actual arena itself. they can't possibly sort everyone out before 6.15 so I assume you can just turn up a bit later and the presale people will still be there, I'm really not bothered with seeing cold cave

icklekitty
05-13-2014, 11:43 AM
It's hilarious how the map marks "the entry to the arena" as the entry to the bit where all the pubs are, where the door next door will be wide open to letting the public in and out. http://www.theo2.co.uk/large-floorplan.html The venue starts where it says "A B C". They've done a show at this venue before with a presale. They know what the place looks like. They are idiots.

I'm taking it to mean the presale opens at 5pm. You can still rock up at 7pm and get your ticket and get to your seat. I'm sure they can process 2000 people (10% of the venue) within 3 1/2 hours. This is probably largely aimed at the people queueing from batshit o'clock *cough*

Also given how not sold out this show is LOL @ "THIS SHOW WILL BE WELL ATTENDED. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW."

WorzelG
05-13-2014, 11:45 AM
It's hilarious how the map marks "the entry to the arena" as the entry to the bit where all the pubs are, where the door next door will be wide open to letting the public in and out. http://www.theo2.co.uk/large-floorplan.html They've done a show at this venue before with a presale. They know what the place looks like. They are idiots.

I'm taking it to mean the presale opens at 5pm. You can still rock up at 7pm and get your ticket and get to your seat. I'm sure they can process 2000 people (10% of the venue) within 3 1/2 hours. This is probably largely aimed at the people queueing from batshit o'clock *cough*

Also given how not sold out this show is LOL @ "THIS SHOW WILL BE WELL ATTENDED. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW."
phew, it's still outside the whole Dome they give them out, I just want to turn up, get my ticket and go for a drink / food first

filmfanb
05-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I havent been to the O2 before.
I have a GA ticket standing , is there hours of queuing to get in? I normally tend to turn up just before support act. I have to stand in the middle most of the time so I get a good enough view (5'6)

sheepdean
05-13-2014, 03:35 PM
I havent been to the O2 before.
I have a GA ticket standing , is there hours of queuing to get in? I normally tend to turn up just before support act. I have to stand in the middle most of the time so I get a good enough view (5'6)
There's only queueing if the fans decide to make a queue. If you get there just before support turns up, you'll be fairly near the front, but you won't get rail - though I'd advise soundbooth over rail for view

dominik
05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
are there still standing tickets available?

simonn
05-13-2014, 04:42 PM
My intention has always been to get near the mixing desk for the view. Bearing in mind it's halfway back probably, is it feasible to go into the arena itself at 8-8.30 and get a spot there?

icklekitty
05-13-2014, 05:07 PM
are there still standing tickets available?

Yes

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nine-inch-nails-standing-london-23-05-2014/event/35004B76B1E8B140

sheepdean
05-13-2014, 05:44 PM
My intention has always been to get near the mixing desk for the view. Bearing in mind it's halfway back probably, is it feasible to go into the arena itself at 8-8.30 and get a spot there?
Yes - board at O2 is normally more like 2/3 of the way back, as a heads up. If you want merch, you'll be out of luck though, unless you want something cold cave

simonn
05-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Yes - board at O2 is normally more like 2/3 of the way back, as a heads up. If you want merch, you'll be out of luck though, unless you want something cold cave

I'll be there from around 5 I imagine, just no point going into the arena itself until that time as I'm not coveting rail. 2/3 of the way back. Damn, that's pretty far.

Is there any plan for an ETS meet up prior to the gig, or has the 5pm pick up time put the kybosh on that?

icklekitty
05-14-2014, 06:18 AM
I'd rather stick to the meet-up at Minories after the gig as I need to wait for a bunch of people to be in one place before I can collect my ticket. My plans might be more solid next week.

dominik
05-14-2014, 01:44 PM
how's the sound in the o2 arena? is it a good venue?

simonn
05-14-2014, 04:54 PM
I'd rather stick to the meet-up at Minories after the gig as I need to wait for a bunch of people to be in one place before I can collect my ticket. My plans might be more solid next week.

Have changed my accommodation so I'm now only a couple of miles from Aldgate. Can I just pay the £5 on the door if I go?

simonn
05-14-2014, 05:01 PM
how's the sound in the o2 arena? is it a good venue?

Variable - people say if you're on the floor or level 1, it's generally fine - but if you're up in level 4 (very high up), a bit more variable - a bit echoey. Certainly not awful sound. For a big place, which it is, from my experience it's generally well organised, certainly better than Wembley Arena, and there's a LOT of places to eat and drink. For a big venue, I like the place (maybe because it's so accessible from where I live!) - though it pales in comparison to somewhere like Brixton. Have you bought you're tickets yet? If not, do it! You won't regret it.

dominik
05-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Variable - people say if you're on the floor or level 1, it's generally fine - but if you're up in level 4 (very high up), a bit more variable - a bit echoey. Certainly not awful sound. For a big place, which it is, from my experience it's generally well organised, certainly better than Wembley Arena, and there's a LOT of places to eat and drink. For a big venue, I like the place (maybe because it's so accessible from where I live!) - though it pales in comparison to somewhere like Brixton. Have you bought you're tickets yet? If not, do it! You won't regret it.

Thanks! No, I haven't, but I think I'll buy it today. I just want to make sure that I can get to the first 5-10 rows with a floor ticket. Is that possible or are there any wavebreakers or sections in the floor area?

Originally I considered going to Luxembourg as I heard the venue is excellent there (built for rock concerts) but London is like 200 Euros cheaper.

icklekitty
05-15-2014, 05:54 AM
Have changed my accommodation so I'm now only a couple of miles from Aldgate. Can I just pay the £5 on the door if I go?

That's what I'm doing. Although I usually sit outside on the terrace and bring my own if I can so only really pay entry if I need a piss.

Thanks! No, I haven't, but I think I'll buy it today. I just want to make sure that I can get to the first 5-10 rows with a floor ticket. Is that possible or are there any wavebreakers or sections in the floor area?

Originally I considered going to Luxembourg as I heard the venue is excellent there (built for rock concerts) but London is like 200 Euros cheaper.

There are no wavebreakers, but consider how realistic the first 5-10 rows is if you don't have a presale ticket for a venue that holds 20,000 (i.e. up to 2,000 presale tickets were sold). I don't think that should put you off coming, I just think lowering that expectation will help your experience.

simonn
05-15-2014, 06:50 AM
That's what I'm doing. Although I usually sit outside on the terrace and bring my own if I can so only really pay entry if I need a piss.

Aren't you the organiser of the afterparty!? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Was wondering who else from the boards is going to the afterparty - I've seen the 'I'm going' list on Facebook but as that's got people's real names, that doesn't really help (apart from Sheepdean)! I ask, as if I do go I'd be going by myself, all the rest of my mates are heading back to Kent that night :(, while I'm off to Nottingham the following day...:D

icklekitty
05-15-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm organising the meet-up, not the afterparty. The afterparty is being run by a nightclub.

dominik
05-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Yes

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nine-inch-nails-standing-london-23-05-2014/event/35004B76B1E8B140

How can I buy a ticket outside of the UK?

[parasite]
05-15-2014, 02:49 PM
i was hoping to do both before & after (meet and party)
but i'm having to be in work for 2am friday & saturday!! :mad:
so the whole evening is going to be very short & rushed sadly
and I've decided, i'm going to grab as much sleep after work on friday, and leave as late as i can, and then leave for the train home pretty sharpish!
which all in all i'm very gutted, to be missing out!
but, thank you, icklekitty for arranging the meet up, and the guys doing the after party!

lam1na
05-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Attending on my own. Wifey not into NIN. Got early entry. Driving down for the day. Anyone fancy a pre show beer before queueing? Twitter @barrygwilliam

simonn
05-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Attending on my own. Wifey not into NIN. Got early entry. Driving down for the day. Anyone fancy a pre show beer before queueing? Twitter @barrygwilliam

Hoping to be there around 5. My twitter is @Simon (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3661)enicholas . See what we can do on the day!

dominik
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry to annoy you guys but is there a possiblity to print the tickets and buy them from ticketmaster if you're not from the UK? the only possibility seems to be delivery and the billing adress has to be in the UK.

simonn
05-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Sorry to annoy you guys but is there a possiblity to print the tickets and buy them from ticketmaster if you're not from the UK? the only possibility seems to be delivery and the billing adress has to be in the UK.

I can't see that they send them abroad from having a quick look at the site. Maybe you should try buying tickets over the phone and seeing if you can pick them up on the night? Here's the details:-

Phone

If you prefer the personal touch and you'd rather speak to someone, just call our booking line on 0844 844 0444. If you’re calling from overseas, it's 0044 161 425 8777. This line is open from 07:00 - 22:00, 7 days a week.

Good luck!

zencho
05-16-2014, 11:32 AM

If you want to buy your ticket specially from Ticketmaster, I can't help you. I don't live in UK and I bought my tickets here: http://www.axs.com/uk/events/246319/nine-inch-nails-tickets. I received my tickets via mail. Just print them.

If there's someone missing a ticket to the London O2 show, I've got an extra one to sell for face value. My companion just cancelled... It's a NIN.com presale standing ticket (early entrance). The tickets are will call and the buyer has to enter the venue with me. PM if interested.
Check your inbox!

dominik
05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
If you want to buy your ticket specially from Ticketmaster, I can't help you. I don't live in UK and I bought my tickets here: http://www.axs.com/uk/events/246319/nine-inch-nails-tickets. I received my tickets via mail. Just print them.

THANKS!!! Can I kiss you? I just bought the ticket. It says Entrance F. What does it mean? Now I just have to book the flight. See you guys there. :)

spiralhate
05-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Hello!

I do have a ticket for general entrance and was wondering if someone has a nin.com entrance without a guest. If so, can I be the +1 and enter early with you?

Just wondering, cheers guys!!

dlb
05-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Hey guys, did anyone of you receive their pre-sale information mail yet? When does the show start?

I might want to catch a night train to Cambridge after the show and see if this is possible. I'll hit a train anyways, but I'd be great if I don't have to spend the money for a hostel. Thanks!

witte
05-18-2014, 01:12 PM
THIS SHOW WILL BE WELL ATTENDED. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW.

TICKET PICK-UP BEGINS AT: 17:00PM – IMMEDIATE ENTRY TO VENUE REQUIRED UPON TICKET PICK-UP.

· To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME on your ticket order.Your guest must be with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up their ticket without you.

· Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. You will not be able to pick up your tickets and then leave the venue.Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”

· Tickets are non-transferable. There will be no box office name changes or ticket transfers allowed.

TICKET PICK-UP:BOX OFFICE located on South East side of the venue next to the Main Entrance.

EARLY ENTRY LOCATION:MAIN ENTRANCE located on South East side of the venue next to the Box Office.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED MAP

EVENT TIMELINE:

17:00pm NIN.com (http://nin.com/) Member Presale Ticket Pick-Up / Check In

18.15pm NIN.com (http://nin.com/) Member Presale early entry to the Main Arena

18:30pm Arena Doors open to the General Public

20.00pm Show begins promptly at 20:00pm

WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ARRIVE EARLY TO AVOID A LONG WAIT AND MISSING ANY OF THE SHOW.

PLEASE NOTE the NIN.com (http://nin.com/) Terms & Conditions:

· Immediate entry required upon check-in/ ticket pick-up.

· You cannot pick up your tickets unless your entire party is with you.

· To pick up your tickets, the order name must match valid government-issued photo I.D. presented.

· Your tickets are non-transferrable and the box office name must match the name on your NIN.com (http://nin.com/) account.

· There will be no box office name changes / ticket transfers.

· Violation of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

The NIN.com (http://nin.com/) Pre-Sale Team

sheepdean
05-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, did anyone of you receive their pre-sale information mail yet? When does the show start?

I might want to catch a night train to Cambridge after the show and see if this is possible. I'll hit a train anyways, but I'd be great if I don't have to spend the money for a hostel. Thanks!
From the email
EVENT TIMELINE:
17:00pm NIN.com Member Presale Ticket Pick-Up / Check In
18.15pm NIN.com Member Presale early entry to the Main Arena
18:30pm Arena Doors open to the General Public
20.00pm Show begins promptly at 20:00pm

dlb
05-18-2014, 01:18 PM
thank you! :)

EDIT: hm, seems like I will probably have to stay in London for the night. Is there a convinient way to get to a train from the o2? I was thinking about Liverpool Street or King's Cross but I just checked the distance and that doesn't look too good when I want to catch a ride. Any ideas?

InnerLondon Skywave
05-18-2014, 03:39 PM
It would be cool if he has some surprises in store for this show Gary Numan was great to see last time. Marc Almond lives in town he should call him up and get him onstage for a run through Sex Dwarf or Memorabilia perhaps??

sheepdean
05-19-2014, 03:17 AM
It would be cool if he has some surprises in store for this show Gary Numan was great to see last time. Marc Almond lives in town he should call him up and get him onstage for a run through Sex Dwarf or Memorabilia perhaps??
If Almond turned up I'd cry. But I doubt it, though I'm really hoping we get Mariqueen like the aussies did

sheepdean
05-19-2014, 03:20 AM
thank you! :)

EDIT: hm, seems like I will probably have to stay in London for the night. Is there a convinient way to get to a train from the o2? I was thinking about Liverpool Street or King's Cross but I just checked the distance and that doesn't look too good when I want to catch a ride. Any ideas?
There is a tube station next to the O2, and it's very easy to transfer to Kings X or Liverpool St from there. You can also do buses but they're not as easy if you're not local.

icklekitty
05-20-2014, 12:37 PM
I got another AVOTT shipment recently, so I've given a couple of DVDs along with posters etc to the afterparty guys to give away:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1410920062510019/

I'll also be selling raffle tickets for the LGBT event they mention where you can win more DVDs along with festival tickets and a free Eurostar trip. If you're not in London you can still take part in this, details here: http://www.queeralternative.co.uk/post/85820619456/raffle-tickets-now-on-sale

sheepdean
05-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Should I wear a black HTDA shirt and be a fan or should I wear a baby pink supergay shirt and hope he drops Everything so I can party like it's 1999

miss k bee
05-20-2014, 03:50 PM
My presale ticket is seated one in section 112, not too bad at least will see the full stage design. In two minds if to go to afterparty, will take me two hour to get home.

m3chanical
05-21-2014, 07:59 AM
Might be a long shot but is anyone driving Bristol way after the show ? Public transport options mean i may have to leave Trent early

Scarlet Siren
05-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Should I wear a black HTDA shirt and be a fan or should I wear a baby pink supergay shirt and hope he drops Everything so I can party like it's 1999

Baby pink, dear! I want to hear Everything!

dominik
05-21-2014, 12:36 PM
So I have a printed ticket that's basically just a sheet printed with the date on it and the logo etc. Is that enough or do I have to trade that for a "real" ticket before the show? Or do I have to bring an ID (my name is printed on the ticket)? And when are you guys going there? Is 5 pm enough? And what does Entrance F mean? Cheers

miss k bee
05-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Tickets still available from double8tickets and prob else where too.

Sutekh
05-21-2014, 01:41 PM
brap brap... me and my friends will be at minories demanding 80s industrial :D can't wait

and according to my friends who went to birmingham, this is the full light show spectacular? I'd heard it was stripped down

sheepdean
05-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Might be a long shot but is anyone driving Bristol way after the show ? Public transport options mean i may have to leave Trent early
The last train is out of Paddington at half eleven, so unless it finishes early I'd say for sure you're gonna have to stay in london until 3 or quit early :\

simonn
05-21-2014, 02:03 PM
brap brap... me and my friends will be at minories demanding 80s industrial :D can't wait

and according to my friends who went to birmingham, this is the full light show spectacular? I'd heard it was stripped down

It's not the USA full light show, but it still looks pretty spectac from what I've seen so far.

simonn
05-21-2014, 02:15 PM
So I have a printed ticket that's basically just a sheet printed with the date on it and the logo etc. Is that enough or do I have to trade that for a "real" ticket before the show? Or do I have to bring an ID (my name is printed on the ticket)? And when are you guys going there? Is 5 pm enough? And what does Entrance F mean? Cheers

If it has a barcode on it I'd assume it's something you'll trade for a proper ticket when they scan it, that's what they did for Metallica few years back. As you didn't buy it through nin.com presale I doubt you'll need ID, but check the terms and conditions on the website to be sure. Entrance F is an entrance to the standing area itself, not the arena. There's only one entrance to the arena, so just follow the black t-shirts! F is quite a walk from the main entrance, as per the map below.

http://www.theo2.co.uk/images/PDF/misc/TheO2_venue_map.pdf

You won''t be able to enter the arena itself until 18.30, so 5pm is more than enough time to get there, get settled and get a couple of pre show beers in....I should be there around 5 - I'll probably just go to the American Bar and Grill to start (unless anyone has any better ideas within the arena space), 1st bar on your left as you walk in - probably wearing a LITS US tour shirt with a red NIN on the front - so come over and say hi if you see me.

filmfanb
05-22-2014, 06:56 AM
aensrklgnzseklgfk
soo soon

dlb
05-22-2014, 07:36 AM
I'll be boarding my plane to London tomorrow and I'm super psyched for the show and maybe I'll go to the after party. How's the weather? The internet says it's quite sunny but prefer what actual people say. :)

ManOfAtom
05-22-2014, 07:38 AM
I'll be boarding my plane to London tomorrow and I'm super psyched for the show and maybe I'll go to the after party. How's the weather? The internet says it's quite sunny but prefer what actual people say. :)

It's been pretty sunny this week, but there's a fair chance of rain tomorrow.

[parasite]
05-22-2014, 08:20 AM
50/50 chance of rain according to yahoo weather

WorzelG
05-22-2014, 08:21 AM

I was at Birmingham and Cardiff and going to London, put it this way, I'm not jealous of Tension anymore

filmfanb
05-22-2014, 08:52 AM
SAFE FLIGHT

My friend is being a tit and wont go with me. He is a music buff and loves all the same stuff as me but cant get into nails...so ill be going alone

Also...its just been thunder and lightning for the last 30 min in central London.

Really hoping for a mix up in setlist. I like how its been but I cant get into Me Im Not opening.

That said I am a kid on christmas eve right now

icklekitty
05-22-2014, 09:26 AM
SAFE FLIGHT

My friend is being a tit and wont go with me. He is a music buff and loves all the same stuff as me but cant get into nails...so ill be going alone

Also...its just been thunder and lightning for the last 30 min in central London.

Really hoping for a mix up in setlist. I like how its been but I cant get into Me Im Not opening.

That said I am a kid on christmas eve right now

If you want to get rid of your spare ticket let me know what kind it is and I can poke around.

filmfanb
05-22-2014, 09:50 AM
If you want to get rid of your spare ticket let me know what kind it is and I can poke around.
I have a GA Standing.I am giving him until the morning to let me know.

Scarlet Siren
05-22-2014, 10:02 AM
I have a spare GA ticket if anyone is interested

WorzelG
05-22-2014, 10:24 AM

They opened with Eater of Dreams / Pinion then Copy of A in Cardiff, really set the energy going

Kamelion
05-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Is the merch more or less the same from show to show? I'm not planning to spend time on merch at the O2, but I have seats for Nottingham so can shop at leisure...

12 hours from now... I'll be on the train to London!!!

simonn
05-22-2014, 01:09 PM
They opened with Eater of Dreams / Pinion then Copy of A in Cardiff, really set the energy going

Would by my preference over Me I'm Not, much as I love the song, I just think Copy Of A, being more energetic is a surefire way of getting a crowd onside from the off - bearing in mind not everyone's going to be as into it as us lot!

Goddammit it, I'm jazzed for this - 5 years is too long!

simonn
05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Is the merch more or less the same from show to show? I'm not planning to spend time on merch at the O2, but I have seats for Nottingham so can shop at leisure...

12 hours from now... I'll be on the train to London!!!

It'll be identical clothing wise. Not sure if they've been doing signed posters since they hit Europe though...

Update, they do...https://twitter.com/maplestonedm/status/469543756224790529/photo/1

Trains
05-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Twelve hours from now we'll be watching Cold Cave!

So I'm guessing some of you guys will be turning up mega early for the queuing, right? I think I'll arrive at the venue around 2ish, do you think it's worth jumping straight into the line or will there be some time to hang around and check out the O2 village?

miss k bee
05-22-2014, 03:43 PM
This time tomorrow ..woot!!

ohvienna
05-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know what time the presale ticket collection closes? I don't really have a desire to be on the barrier and I will be waiting for people to finish work and get there. The 2009 show I was keen to be at the front and got there stupidly early, but anyone know what the procedure is after general sale have started to be let in?

WorzelG
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know what time the presale ticket collection closes? I don't really have a desire to be on the barrier and I will be waiting for people to finish work and get there. The 2009 show I was keen to be at the front and got there stupidly early, but anyone know what the procedure is after general sale have started to be let in?
I couldn't get to the cardiff venue till just after 7 and they were still there, got them immediately. One of my party won't make it till 6.30 tomorrow either and I'm not worried now although we've got seats

ohvienna
05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
I couldn't get to the cardiff venue till just after 7 and they were still there, got them immediately. One of my party won't make it till 6.30 tomorrow either and I'm not worried now although we've got seats

Brilliant, thanks!

dlb
05-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Signing off... if anyone wants to say hi or have a beer, hit me up! I'll be the guy with the Atari Teenage Riot shirt and German accent. ;)

Ryan
05-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Really hoping for a mix up in setlist. I like how its been but I cant get into Me, I'm Not opening.

He needs to open with another song that also has three words in it, and essentially means the same thing.

Now I'm Nothing.

Not Me, I'm Not.

Kamelion
05-23-2014, 02:33 AM
London is cold. Going to be a long day... :-)

[parasite]
05-23-2014, 03:31 AM

so will it be possible to pick them up around 7 or after does anyone know?
I may ring the O2 later actually, if no one really knows, cheers!

The Reason Being
05-23-2014, 04:09 AM
This will be my second show after wave goodbye 09, so pumped! Just leaving to get the train from Brighton now, I'll be arriving at the 02 around 1pm. I have little to zero knowledge of how transport in London works though, so this should be interesting! I'll be the guy in a wave goodbye t shirt next to my freakishly tall housemate, come say hi!

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 04:20 AM
For anyone coming from out of London, GET THE TUBE TO THE O2. There's buses, they're all hell, the tube stops inside the arena grounds, you want North Greenwich on the Jubilee (grey) line. Makes life so much easier.

The Reason Being
05-23-2014, 04:39 AM
For anyone coming from out of London, GET THE TUBE TO THE O2. There's buses, they're all hell, the tube stops inside the arena grounds, you want North Greenwich on the Jubilee (grey) line. Makes life so much easier.

my train is to London Bride, and I'm pretty sure it's just a straight line to North Greenwhich, right? Knowing me I'll find a way to fuck it up! Thanks man

Trains
05-23-2014, 04:47 AM
Is there anywhere to leave a bag in the O2, like a locker room or cloak room? Can't seem to find out anywhere.

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Is there anywhere to leave a bag in the O2, like a locker room or cloak room? Can't seem to find out anywhere.
Nope (security issues or some bullcrap). Though the first aiders are normally ok with you putting it in their room, it won't be secure

Trains
05-23-2014, 05:00 AM
Ah, fair doos. That's kind of a bummer for people who don't want to take merch into the show.

icklekitty
05-23-2014, 05:08 AM
We'll be collecting our tickets at 8pm. The lady organising the presale says that in the past people have shown up with three songs left on NIN's setlist and collected their tickets.

filmfanb
05-23-2014, 05:33 AM
Cant believe its today. 7 years since I havelast seen NIN. Cant describe how I am feeling right now

Ryan
05-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Cant believe its today. 7 years since I havelast seen NIN. Cant describe how I am feeling right now

Most likely horny.

filmfanb
05-23-2014, 05:52 AM
most likely horny.
totally moist

houndington
05-23-2014, 06:19 AM
I'm so hyped for tonight now. Just listening back to Stefler's recording of Berlin. I'm pretty sure the set list wont be as good, but this time we'll get the full lights/video etc.

ARGH. EXCITED.

rhet
05-23-2014, 06:56 AM
So glad to be in the queue knowing I've got a ticket this time :D and it's not raining or too cold.. Gonna be a good day!

quantumepiphany
05-23-2014, 07:03 AM
I haven't seen NIN live since the Wave Goodbye Tour in Washington State. So excited.

The Reason Being
05-23-2014, 07:19 AM
Currently enjoying a pre nin nando's in the 02, good start to the day, see you in there!!

madison
05-23-2014, 07:30 AM
So excited for tonight!! I'm probably too much an introvert to approach anyone in such a big crowd, but would be delighted to meet other ETSers. I'm American, dark hair, ponytail, and will be wearing a grey Tension 2013 shirt. Kim's the name.

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Is there a bad queue for Will Call yet?

rhet
05-23-2014, 07:40 AM
There's about 10 of us here so far. I was expecting way more people to show up early!

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Well tickets didn't sell WONDERFULLY :P. I'll probably come down nearer 4-4.30 unless there's a sudden rush

filmfanb
05-23-2014, 07:57 AM
ill be rocking up a bit later. hoping for mixing desk area as i am short.
hope you all enjoy it.

[parasite]
05-23-2014, 08:12 AM
oh I wish I could get up there early!

icklekitty
05-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Currently enjoying a pre nin nando's in the 02, good start to the day, see you in there!!

Nandos>NIN

Apparently 1400 presale tickets were sold for this show.

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Ah, wasabi or nando's, the age-old question

Btw, I'm going to be the dude in a pink shirt and a beard. I'll be hard to miss

Vertigo
05-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Any decent pizza at the o2?

icklekitty
05-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Outside the venue: http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/bars-restaurants-in-entertainment-avenue.html

Inside the venue: http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/bars-restaurants-inside-the-o2-arena.html

I'd recommend Nando's, Wasabi, and Byron for chain-restaurant goodness.

turbo
05-23-2014, 09:47 AM
nin sux lol

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm in the queue, first person to say hi gets a beer

Vertigo
05-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Sigh, I should have worn a 'nin sux lol' t-shirt.

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 10:23 AM
The wrist bands are pink, fucking a

Vertigo
05-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Sheepdean, you should've dyed your beard pink to be fully co-ordinated.

(Then again, maybe I'm being presumptuous and you already did?)

simonn
05-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Damn, American Bar and Grill shutdown. Slug and Lettuce grabbing a bite upstairs. LITS shirt and red NIN on the front.

[parasite]
05-23-2014, 11:29 AM
I'll be wearing my Hendrix Is God tshirt 😁

miss k bee
05-23-2014, 11:44 AM
I've decided to wear standard black. Black leggings, , t shirt, shirt and boots and purple hair band.

quantumepiphany
05-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Anyone still hanging out somewhere? Just outside the former British Music Experience, Asian girl in a How To Destroy Angels shirt. I bought seated pre-sale tickets so I'm in no particular hurry.

echoespaul
05-23-2014, 11:56 AM
I advise feeling the tshirt material before buying. Its not great IMHO. Grumpy bloke selling too.

[parasite]
05-23-2014, 11:58 AM
I advise feeling the tshirt material before buying. Its not great IMHO. Grumpy bloke selling too.

anything real good tour stuff?

quantumepiphany
05-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Pretty run of the mill, actually. I was planning on getting a hoodie but it's pretty much as simple as they come by.

miss k bee
05-23-2014, 12:05 PM
I am just making my slow ass way there now as I have seated ticket. Up for meeting with anyone who wants to go to the afterparty. Black girl, dressed in black, glasses, dreadlocs, purple bandana.

simonn
05-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Anyone still hanging out somewhere? Just outside the former British Music Experience, Asian girl in a How To Destroy Angels shirt. I bought seated pre-sale tickets so I'm in no particular hurry.

In the Slug and Lettuce still, description above, sat opposite bar. Join us!

quantumepiphany
05-23-2014, 01:22 PM
...rocking out with my fellow NIN fans to what I can only assume is One Direction. I love it.

simonn
05-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Whereas we have alternating Bon Jovi and Acdc.

quantumepiphany
05-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Whereas we have alternating Bon Jovi and Acdc.
Random question, but you're the ETSer in the LITS shirt I met in the line to get in, right?

miss k bee
05-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Just got in,delays on jubilee line. Watermargin has a free NIN party with projector going on. The merch is bit poor for the money.

simonn
05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Random question, but you're the ETSer in the LITS shirt I met in the line to get in, right?

Nope, been in the bar since I got here, but just gone into arena now. Cold Cave sound like Blancmange.

Curtains at the back top tier, but not too bad...

echoespaul
05-23-2014, 02:21 PM
I miss Janes Addiction.

[parasite]
05-23-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm not liking cold cave

quantumepiphany
05-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Nope, been in the bar since I got here, but just gone into arena now. Cold Cave sound like Blancmange.

Curtains at the back top tier, but not too bad...

Ah, okay. Nice coincidence! Anyways, just hanging out in the 111-112 area if you're just hanging about.

and yeah, just thinking about all those NIN/Soundgarden shows I'm missing back home.