PDA

View Full Version : Question about names/pre-sale tix

Sandy Phimester
11-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Got my email today about the show I have on Sunday (awesome!)...

Is there anyway to double check what name you put down when you bought the tickets? I have a very slight problem that might not be a problem at all...

... I have a first name that is not legal on any documents or cards or anything, that I've had my whole life, and my legal name (of course on everything) is obviously different. Just the first name. Not sure which one I put, the last name is obviously the same, and I have the credit card I bought the tickets with, and the receipts in my email account, as well as my NIN.com account..... I assume I used my proper name, and not the non-legal one... but I can't remember, it's been so long since I bought the tickets. AND.... this is such a little quirk I've had my entire life, so I always forget about it and have made mistakes like this in the past. The bank is always confused.... haha.

Think I'll be OK? Can I double check somehow?

Sandy Phimester
11-18-2013, 07:12 PM
For instance... my drivers license has my legal first name... and my credit card has my non-legal first name... haha. I think I'll be OK with all the pieces of info I have to prove it's me. But just curious.

sick among the pure
11-18-2013, 10:07 PM
I was confused how you got a card in your non-legal name, but then I realized you're in Canada and I don't know shit about Canadian name laws.

I had a... kinda almost problem with my name. My legal name, which is on my ID and therefore the name I used on nin.com signup because I knew about the whole ticket deal from years of doing this, is ... very very different from what you'd expect of me. I'm transexual.
I simply told... god damn it I forgot her name again... the ticket lady, her name started with a K... anyway I gave her my ID and simply said "I can't afford my legal name change in the states yet, but this is me". I mean, it's an old photo, and I have a beard and man voice now, with a big old F and female name on my ID (and so, on my tickets). She was fine with it and understood (I made a joke about spending the $300 on NIN shows instead of my name change this year).

So, what you can do is check your nin.com account and see what name you have listed. If there is a discrepancy between the name on the tickets and the name on your photo ID, that could be a problem, but you said your credit card would have that different name if that is the case? I don't think you'll be denied your tickets, but it will be a hassle if that's the case. Make sure to print out and bring your e-mails (confirmation of payment, etc) just in case.

m15a
11-18-2013, 10:28 PM
yeah. if nothing else, talk to the woman that's in charge of nin.com ticketing at the venue. i think she's around all afternoon. if have floor tickets, she'll be handing out wristbands early on so you can explain your situation. if you don't, it might help to find her early anyway before it gets too hectic.

DrFink
11-18-2013, 10:33 PM
If it's a problem just show your license and your card and explain the situation. When I went last week they didn't really pay attention to my first name and focused mostly on my last name. They didn't ask to see my credit card, but they did ask for my license both at the door and at the ticket table.

jessamineny
11-19-2013, 04:48 AM
E-mail nintix@musictoday.com. They'll tell you what name you put as the pickup name. And "INCLUDE YOUR RECEIPT #, YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, YOUR NAME, AND THE NAME AND DATE OF THE EVENT."

Sandy Phimester
11-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Wow! Ok...

I emailed them last night on a whim, and I got it back this morning saying it was my non legal first name... so.... Sandy Phimester is what is on the tickets at will call (my legal name is William Phimester) ..... so same last name. With SANDY being on the credit card I used to buy the tickets from, and "Sandy Phimester" is my nin.com account mailing address/etc.

I of course have all the email receipts and such in my email account assigned/connected to the nin.com account as well.

Should be fine right? I hope!

* should I print everything off, or just have it ready on my phone?

sick among the pure
11-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Wow! Ok...

I emailed them last night on a whim, and I got it back this morning saying it was my non legal first name... so.... Sandy Phimester is what is on the tickets at will call (my legal name is William Phimester) ..... so same last name. With SANDY being on the credit card I used to buy the tickets from, and "Sandy Phimester" is my nin.com account mailing address/etc.

I of course have all the email receipts and such in my email account assigned/connected to the nin.com account as well.

Should be fine right? I hope!

* should I print everything off, or just have it ready on my phone?

I would print it, you never know when your phone will suddenly be an ass. Just make sure to talk to the nin.com ticket lady, and you should be fine. She is super nice, I really hope she's around for the next US leg.
I've never heard of anyone being denied their tickets because of something like this, though.

rhet
11-20-2013, 03:10 AM
so i used my husbands card to pay for my presale tickets because its the one saved on the computer..thats not a problem is it? my nin.com account has my name and i can obviously show id matching that so the name on the card shouldn't matter right? right??

WorzelG
11-20-2013, 03:37 AM
so i used my husbands card to pay for my presale tickets because its the one saved on the computer..thats not a problem is it? my nin.com account has my name and i can obviously show id matching that so the name on the card shouldn't matter right? right??

I'm a bit confused about that too - I bought some tickets using my sister's nin.com account because she has to drop her daughter off at nursery then go to work, so I paid with my card but put her name down in the 'will call' thing. I hope that will be enough

rhet
11-20-2013, 03:41 AM
"Without your picture ID AND either the e-mail receipt or credit card used to purchase the tickets, you may be denied entry to the event and no refund will be issued. "

So I'll print out my receipt and maybe try to steal hubs' card for the day just to make sure. That should be fine. Doesn't say the name on the card must match the will call name.

sick among the pure
11-21-2013, 05:44 AM
The name on the tickets will be the name given on your nin.com account, not necessarily the name on the credit card used to purchase them.

FRDU
11-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Since the nin.com presale tickets are limited to 2 per person can I buy one for myself and one for my friend or does he have to buy his own? Is my name printed on both tickets or how does this work??

m15a
11-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Since the nin.com presale tickets are limited to 2 per person can I buy one for myself and one for my friend or does he have to buy his own? Is my name printed on both tickets or how does this work??

if you buy 2 tickets, your name will be on both and both of you will have to enter the venue together.