PDA

View Full Version : 2013.11.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

snakekontrol
11-10-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm DESTROYED!!! GA is definitively the way to see NIN live, man, what a show, I recorded all the love in the world entirely, I will upload it tomorrow, too bad the guy in front of me was taking pictures and his arm is seen several times, I was the second to the most front man in the barrier, it was great to see the security guy singing every NIN song!!! We had almost the same setlist as LA, except for the big come down, satellite and in this twilight, and as previously said, we got all the love in the world!!!

FULLMETAL
11-10-2013, 02:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gcGc5ZBl.jpg

Yeah. All The Love In The World. I'm a happy motherfucker!

The show was excellent and the crowd was rowdy where I was standing against the barricade. In fact, somehow I ended up at least four feet to the right of where I originally started.

I cannot give enough praise to the newest members of the band. Pino's bass lines are a sinister force to be reckoned with and quite sublime at the same time. I'm not exactly sure what that means since my body thinks it's 3:30am. Lisa & Sharlotte are brilliance personified. The way their vocals blend into the songs is quite divine.

If I had to give a complaint, it would be with the lack of water on the floor or inside the arena. Security covertly brought a small cup of water for one person, but they should have offered fluids to more of the folks in the pit. I can overlook that, but the absence of water fountains inside the arena is a fucking crime. After the show, I walked around half the arena and couldn't find one. When I asked an attendant, she explained water fountains were originally installed inside the restrooms (forgive me if I don't drink where others are pissing or shitting) but for some reason the arena decided to have them dismantled. Bizarre.

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun tonight (I was rocking the fuck out during ATLITW) and I can't wait to see what surprises are in store for Las Vegas.

mbair
11-10-2013, 03:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO4Sy1dFgY8

vid I made during hurt

nashstat
11-10-2013, 03:21 AM
ATLITW!!!! What a show!

Trent even gestured to the crowd to sing the "doesn't it make you feel better" part from MOTP.

Ok Tension 2013 is a freakin state of the art show. The lights are out if this world. Every song has a different format of lights and they really keep you guessing what is coming next.

The band sounded very tight and it is going to be very hard for me to think about a future NIN show without the ladies. Their voices added a ton of depth.

The show was almost sold out but they only sold the lower level seats. Upper decks were not available for purchase. I would say probably about 8000 peeps in attendance.

Awesome show! Did I mention ATLITW. That song is amazing live, specially the end.

fatherof4in4
11-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Fantastic show! Feeling it this morning. Able to hold ground with the wife 3 people back from the rail in front of Trent all night thanks to a big dude behind me. The visuals for In Two were noteworthy. Pino's bass line on MOTP and Josh's baritone sax playing were also noteworthy.

Everything about the show was spot on as usual. Thanks Trent!

pre show pre sale crowd was entertaining and orderly.

caca
11-10-2013, 10:52 AM
That was my 7th or 8th time seeing NIN, and hands-down the best of the bunch. Wow!! I was on the floor, dead center, and about 50 feet back.

Holy shit, The Wretched KILLS with this lineup (the backup singers screaming in the chorus gave me chills), and hearing it played back-to-back with In Two was by far the highlight of the show for me.

Amazing visuals throughout, but I think the visual highlights for me were Disappointed, In Two, Running, and Even Deeper.

I was really impressed with how great the new songs translate live. Makes me love Hesitation Marks even more.

I didn't keep track of the setlist, but it was pretty diverse.

Great show! I hope Trent keeps making NIN albums and playing shows until he's 80. He just keeps getting better.

snakekontrol
11-10-2013, 12:01 PM
http://youtu.be/mbC_BGkssOk
All the love in the world

The security guard told me to stop recording, and some guy's arm is seen taking pictures, I tried to move the camera, but between the security guy and the phone guy it was impossible

nineismine
11-10-2013, 12:20 PM
I've now seen them 3 times. During the club tour for with teeth, Ninja and this. I have been to alot of concerts but this was by far the best one. The lighting was amazing and the band pretty much nailed every piece of every song. Watching In two in person was nothing like watching some of the phone shot videos I have seen. IT WAS AMAZING. Even deeper was amazing. pretty much everything they did was better than i remembered it.

Anomander
11-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Show was awesome; in the top three for me. Song highlights were Sanctified and ATLITW. The two chicks from LA next to me and the 4 behind us held our spot of the rail really nice. We had to throw some drunk guy out for fucking with people; once we got his drunk ass over everyone around us clapped. Best part of the show was at the end When Robin waved goodbye to the crowed then looked dead at me and waved and mouthed thank you; yelled for that cat all night. His energy is always top notch.

fatherof4in4
11-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I noticed him do that. Pretty cool. I thought he might friends at the show

dunebug81
11-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Excellent show last night. Its been a whole 9 days since my last show in Orlando and this show (#7 of the tour for me) certainly didn't disappoint! I was in section 101 row 18 (2nd from the top row) and during Disappointed my friend found a few empty seats down in the 3rd row and we watched the rest of the show from there. I was so glad to hear All The Love In The World and I thought they were going to roll into Satellite directly after but they didn't. Sad to see they dropped The Big Come Down but other then that we had a kick ass time. My buddy got a ticket, also in sec 101, from a scalper for $57 that was 4 rows closer then my full price $120 ticket!! Oh well this tour has been excellent and worth every penny.

I've got 2 more shows next week in Vegas and that's it for me for this tour. I hope to get a few of these shows edited next week while in Las Vegas and post them up on dime or somewhere that everyone can access. In the mean time here is All The Love In The World from last night.

All The Love In The World.mp3 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/257e1w)

raquelbriana
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
5th show for me over the past 8 yrs. Got there for presale around 8:00 AM and was somehow third in line. It seems like everyone came super late. Those girls from LA were the shit. They totally knew what was going on after being to so many shows on the tour and definitely made the process better (for me, at least.)

I was luckily able to hang out with my boyfriend right on the rail, right in front of Trent. Was a fantastic show except for the guy behind me with the stinky breath singing as loud into my ear as possible. Overall though it wasn't a super rowdy crowd but there was good energy and the show was totally amazing. The lights and production were out of this world and the singers blew me away. The security guy in front of me was awesome too- I had no big issues with the 6ft 200 lb + guys who decided it would somehow be a good idea to crowd surf because he had it together.

Trent looked awesome, sounded perfect. He wasn't wearing those funny pants everyone kept talking about but had some (at times) hilarious and entertaining dance moves.

I thought the presale system with the numbered wristbands was awesome. They gave them out around noon, for anyone wanting to gauge what time it will be in the future.

Although Explosions wasn't the best for an opener I do think they're awesome. Wish I could see them without being so impatient to see NIN. Everyone complaining non stop needed to shut the fuck up and quit bitching. It's one thing to complain once but to keep complaining is unbelievably irritating not to mention super rude.

Overall was really awesome. Hoping to get another show in if they come back for clubs or whatever.

rlpugh1
11-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Been to a number of shows over the years, staring in 2006 and this was probably my #2 in terms of performance/visuals. My all time is the lights in the sky tour with the Ghosts songs incorporated in. We had seats in sec 102, second row from the rails and (aside from the row in front of us) the crowd around us all seemed to be standing and really into the show. It was great to be at a show with a crowd that was into it. The last two shows that we had been to (Oakland and Sacramento in 2008), the crowd had been pretty lame and not really into the show. In Sac, everyone around us was sitting the entire show and asking us to sit down because we were standing the whole time. Trent even seemed to get pissed and full on asked the crowd to "get up" and "stand up" at one point. So, it was nice to be in a crowd of like minded fans that wanted to stand and get into the show for once! The band was really into it and their energy was so high. We had two friends come with us that had never seen NIN and one commented that Trent was like the energizer bunny. She couldn't believe that they played a 2 hr set with hardly a break. The only complaint/disappointment that I have is that I wish that they would have played "Satellite" and maybe one more song off of With Teeth andmaybe one more from Broken but I guess you can't have it all! All of the new material translated to live very well and the addition of the backup singers is great, especially during "even deeper" and the added screams during "black noise". Again, great show and we were just glad to be in a good crowd with good energy for once.

gamecat235
11-11-2013, 03:46 PM
I really really liked this show, in fact I liked it enough to do my own write up (basically for a pair of friends who missed the tour this go around). I have seen them more than a few times over the last nearly 20 years and this was finally the show that made me think that the TDS Warm Up date show that I attended is no longer the be all end all of my NIN experience. And that is saying something.

This was amazing and the lighting/effects were outstanding. And to finally see Somewhat Damaged? That was practically a life affirming moment for me. Trent truly appeared to be having fun, and he was dancing and seemingly delighted at the opportunity to play these songs on his terms.

Write up over here if anyone cares to see: http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/nine-inch-nails-tension-2013-phoenix-az-1462329258

Trunkjob
11-11-2013, 11:48 PM
This was my 2nd NIN show (first was the 2009 NINJA show in Phoenix) and I absolutely loved it. I had a seat near the back, but it was a great view of the whole visual setup.

EITS was a great opener, and though I'm not huge into them I find post-rock music to be enjoyable to listen to and they killed it. The highlights were the 1st, 2nd, and last song.

NIN was incredible. Tight instrumentation all the way through, Trent and the backup vocalists were spot on, breathtaking visuals, and a solid setlist. The highlights were Disappointed (best visuals), Sanctified, The Frail/The Wretched, In Two (I like it a lot more live than on the album), Somewhat Damaged, All the Love in the World (!!!), and Even Deeper.

It was definitely worth going to see and NIN still haven't lost it in the 4 years since I last saw them. 10/10

trust in dust
11-14-2013, 04:37 PM
You've got to get the rest of the show uploaded! Audio is great!