PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Promos / Contests / Deals

october_midnight
11-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Thought this might be a good idea for a new catch all thread, especially with Black Friday coming up. List any good deals, promos, contests, yada yada. I'll start with an unbelievably nuts offer for Canada only. I've confirmed with my friend who works for Xbox Canada...and yes this is 100% real.

Across Canada from tomorrow through to the end of Sunday (Nov 9-11) at all BestBuys and Future Shops...trade in any game. I mean, ANY. GAME. for the PS3 or Xbox 360...as long as it's complete with manual and case and not scratched to hell. Doesn't matter if it's a $5 game.

And get a free copy of COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, or Assassins Creed IV. (http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Gaming-Announcements/Trade-In-Offer-November-9-11/td-p/462113)

thelastdisciple
11-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Haha I've been following the threads on this at Futureshop and Redflagdeals.

Apparently tons of stores are selling out already because of people reserving copies WHICH IS FUCKING BULLSHIT WITH A PROMO OF THIS SCALE.

EDIT: I think they cut off the reservations, which is good.

Man i can't even imagine what the line ups are going to look like tomorrow.

I need to try and get rid of my copies of MAG or SOCOM Confrontation... the server support for them is being turned off next year so they'll be useless.

Also good idea on creating a thread like this!

october_midnight
11-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I went to the EB Games website (our GameStop) and searched for the cheapest games they had, and you can get some NEW 360 games for 49 cents. Imagine how awesome that'd be to just stroll in with a copy of fuckin' Cabela's Big Game Hunter and be like 'BF4 please.' hahaha

thelastdisciple
11-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I went to the EB Games website (our GameStop) and searched for the cheapest games they had, and you can get some NEW 360 games for 49 cents. Imagine how awesome that'd be to just stroll in with a copy of fuckin' Cabela's Big Game Hunter and be like 'BF4 please.' hahaha
LMFAO!

Clever but a gamble if there were no copies left and you're stuck with a shit game, at least it'd only set you back a couple quarters though, worth the risk!

Space Suicide
11-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Great deal but of no use to me as I won't be fortunate to get a copy of anything even if I do manage to have that sale here.

thelastdisciple
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Long ass morning....

I just got back with all of the games available with the Futureshop/Best Buy trade-in offer.

Saved $180 and some tax, fucking WIN.

october_midnight
11-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Not bad for me either, I'm still at work so got my friend to go and get them all for me as well. Technically I just got paid to get free games lol.

ibanez33
11-10-2013, 12:27 AM
I was about to head out the door when I read your tweet about people lined up for 5 hours at Best Buy in Metrotown, looked up the nearest Futureshop and sure enough people were still spilling out the doors at 6pm tonight. Maybe there'll still be a few copies of BF4 and less people there tomorrow haha

Maury
11-10-2013, 01:31 AM
I assume you guys know about the Humble Bundle but in case you live under a rock:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Right now it's Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Fear 2 + 3, and some more stuff, All for super cheap. Steam keys.

I've been buying these things pretty much every month since I found out about them.

october_midnight
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
The Humble Bundle keeps getting better and better, and this Batman / FEAR one is pretty bonkers fo sho.

october_midnight
11-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Anyone cop some good Black Friday shiz?

thelastdisciple
01-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Carmageddon iOS port is free for a limited time!

thelastdisciple
06-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Steam Summer Sale 2014 yo!

From now until the 30th, tons of Daily Deals, Flash Sales and Community's Choice.

Get yer wallets ready!

virushopper
06-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Damn you Steam sales, I now have more games to will be un-played for the year as I have not caught up last years purchase.

thelastdisciple
07-03-2014, 11:17 PM
PC Gamer are giving away Dino D-Day if anyone cares for that. They have like a million keys for Steam.

thelastdisciple
07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
There is a flash sale on the Playstation Network for this weekend of July 11th, 2013....

Lots of games for 0.99 each. Mostly PS1 Classics...

Here's a breakdown:

Dino Crisis (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Dino Crisis 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Dyad (PS3)
Harvest Moon: Back To Nature (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Legend Of Dragoon (PS3/PSP)
Machinarium (PS3)
Machinarium (PS Vita)
Malicious (PS3)
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3)
Papo & Yo (PS3)
Syphon Filter (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Syphon Filter 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Syphon Filter 3 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Tekken 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
The Cave (PS3)
Thomas Was Alone (PS3)
Thomas Was Alone (PS Vita)
ToeJam & Earl (PS3)
Twisted Metal: Black (PS3)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)
Velocity Ultra (PS Vita)
Velocity Ultra (PS3)
Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3)
Wild Arms (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Wild Arms 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Worms Revolution (PS3)

I just grabbed Syphon Filter 1 through 3, Twisted Metal: Black and Machinarium

spiralout
07-12-2014, 12:05 AM
There is a flash sale on the Playstation Network for this weekend of July 11th, 2013....

Lots of games for 0.99 each. Mostly PS1 Classics...

Here's a breakdown:

Dino Crisis (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Dino Crisis 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Dyad (PS3)
Harvest Moon: Back To Nature (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Legend Of Dragoon (PS3/PSP)
Machinarium (PS3)
Machinarium (PS Vita)
Malicious (PS3)
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3)
Papo & Yo (PS3)
Syphon Filter (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Syphon Filter 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Syphon Filter 3 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Tekken 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
The Cave (PS3)
Thomas Was Alone (PS3)
Thomas Was Alone (PS Vita)
ToeJam & Earl (PS3)
Twisted Metal: Black (PS3)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)
Velocity Ultra (PS Vita)
Velocity Ultra (PS3)
Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3)
Wild Arms (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Wild Arms 2 (PS3/PSP/PS Vita)
Worms Revolution (PS3)

I just grabbed Syphon Filter 1 through 3, Twisted Metal: Black and Machinarium

Thanks for the heads up! Just picked up Dino Crisis, Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal Black.

thelastdisciple
07-15-2014, 02:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsnCkAQCAAAv8S5.jpg

Pretty awesome deal, i wish i didn't already have Peace Walker as i would have totally jumped on that.

I have all the other games already except How to Survive but i don't really have much interest in that anyways.

Thiah
11-11-2014, 11:31 PM
I never participate in Black Friday but I will this year. For those interested in possibly getting an Xbox One like I am, Target has an amazing deal for Black Friday. It includes the Xbox One unit, AC Black Flag, AC Unity and a $50 gift card for $330.

Space Suicide
11-12-2014, 12:01 PM
I've got a deal for you ETSers (and a shameless plug), my friend gave me Assassin's Creed codes from the Xbox One bundle. If anyone here wants the IV: Black Flag code for $20.00 USD let me know, please.

october_midnight
11-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Or you could just hook me up with one because I'm such a kind fellow.

edit: Did I just hear someone go 'pffft' ??? Not cool....not cool.

Space Suicide
11-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Or you could just hook me up with one because I'm such a kind fellow.

edit: Did I just hear someone go 'pffft' ??? Not cool....not cool.

I'd take best offer you know? :p

october_midnight
11-12-2014, 12:13 PM
No bother, I'd paypal ya like $5-$10 for one, but obviously if you got PM's for $20 for all the codes I wouldn't lose sleep. It'd just be for me to kill time and they're going for $15 on my local Craigslist haha.

Space Suicide
11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
No bother, I'd paypal ya like $5-$10 for one, but obviously if you got PM's for $20 for all the codes I wouldn't lose sleep. It'd just be for me to kill time and they're going for $15 on my local Craigslist haha.

I'd take $10.00.

october_midnight
11-12-2014, 12:18 PM
I'd take $10.00.

That'd work. Have some meetings for a few hours but if you'd wanna PM me the email address to send it to, I will in a few hours tops...

Space Suicide
11-12-2014, 12:21 PM
That'd work. Have some meetings for a few hours but if you'd wanna PM me the email address to send it to, I will in a few hours tops...

I'm not home myself right now but I will be in a few hours so I'll send the code then.

october_midnight
11-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm not home myself right now but I will be in a few hours so I'll send the code then.

That works, as soon as I get it I'll send the $10...y'all know I'm good for it.

thelastdisciple
11-12-2014, 02:32 PM
As of this post Mount and Blade is free on GOG.com for the time being as well as Crusader: No Remorse on Origin.