orestes
11-05-2013, 10:52 PM
https://www.threedollarbillcinema.org/images/uploads/calendar/texas.jpg

Dustin Burleson
11-05-2013, 11:15 PM
All the Love In the World!!

ninsp
11-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Crazy setlist. Great crowd. All the Love in the World. In Two. Into the Void. Full arena. AMAZING. All the Love in the World ruled! Took me a second to realize what it was.

Overall, it was an amazing concert. Too bad I was on rail for Atlanta and not this show. Crowd looked awesome from where I could see. IN TWO WAS SO GOOD REALLY MADE THE SHOW. also, the Fragile artwork behind Into the Void was amazing.

NIN_The_Fragile
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
"All the love in the World". Nuff said, best concert ever.

Kid Charlemagne
11-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Very good show. Excellent and better than I was expecting. I'll type more tomorrow, but let's give a hand to the unsung hero in Robin Finck. He fucking killed it.

frothy_ham
11-06-2013, 12:22 AM
There are no words...

10th time seeing NIN and this is by far the best they've ever been. Maybe I need to digest it a little, but as of now this is the best concert I've ever seen...it sets the bar for all others to follow.

McBong
11-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Great show! First time seeing NIN and first time posting here. Grabbed a setlist from the lighting booth and thought I would post it. I have some videos and I'll upload and post those later.
http://i42.tinypic.com/t9tpb7.jpg

The Doctor
11-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Such an incredible night there are barely words for it.

Uploading my video of "All The Love In The World" right now. Just shot with my iPhone, but hey it's something, right?
Should be live in 30min right here: http://youtu.be/E0saQeqIx_o

Dustin Burleson
11-06-2013, 01:26 AM
#allhailrobin

...dont really think Pino vibes with this group.

The Madcap
11-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Long time lurker, wanted to give my review of the show last night. I was in the lower bowl, dead center 5 rows off the floor. Wow, can't complain about that show at all. A warm place>Somewhat damaged>Wish blew my fucking mind. All of the new songs had amazing visuals, thought "In two" was the best of the new tunes. Back up singers man, thought that was pretty awesome...ventured into some pink floyd territory during the encore with the wailing singers and swirling noise. So many songs I didn't expect to hear last night...I love the fucking Fragile so much and was really happy to hear some of those songs live. And "All the love in the world"? Never expected to hear that. That's like show number 17 or something for me...it was completely different than all the other sets I've seen and it was 100% awesome.

mrfang
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Very glad I drove down from Austin for this show. I saw the show in Asheville on October 26th, but it was a festival gig without the full lighting setup. The previous night's ACL TV taping was great but had a very different setlist and even less of the band's normal lighting.

Those of us who saw the ACL show were crossing our fingers for All the Love in the World, since it appeared on some printed setlists for that show but wasn't actually played. Last night's performance of the song was the first ever! Clearly the crowd enjoyed hearing songs from the The Fragile as well. Into the Void sounded great.

frothy_ham
11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I've seen from a lot of the other show reviews and discussions that the arenas/venues didn't appear to be filled up.

From where I was seated that didn't appear to be the case for SA...I didn't see many empty spots at all, but I might be wrong.

Kid Charlemagne
11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
The sides of the upper rafters were blocked off, but it was pretty full.

Halo Infinity
11-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Very good show. Excellent and better than I was expecting. I'll type more tomorrow, but let's give a hand to the unsung hero in Robin Finck. He fucking killed it.
I'll be looking forward to it, and it was also very nice to see that the concert had exceeded your expectations, especially after seeing your take on Ghosts I-IV, The Slip, and Hesitation Marks. It thankfully doesn't change the fact that Nine Inch Nails can still put up one hell of a show.

And yes, you obviously lucked out with All The Love In The World being performed too. :)

The Madcap
11-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Sides of the upper deck were definitely blocked off but it looked full everywhere else. Just remembered that there was a "closer" tease...was that at the end of All Time Low? The drive back to Austin sucked...took 40 minutes to get out of the parking lot then immediately ran into traffic with I35 down to one lane just north of SA. Work today is killing me.

frothy_ham
11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Sides of the upper deck were definitely blocked off but it looked full everywhere else. Just remembered that there was a "closer" tease...was that at the end of All Time Low? The drive back to Austin sucked...took 40 minutes to get out of the parking lot then immediately ran into traffic with I35 down to one lane just north of SA. Work today is killing me.

Oh man, I never enjoy the drive from SA to Austin along 35, always such a pain in the ass...I wish there was an easier route to take that wasn't completely out of the way. I actually live in Seguin, which has the entrance to the toll-road which has made getting to North Austin SOOOOO much less stressful (but not necessarily any cheaper).

blackheart
11-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Incredible show. I about died when All The Love In The World was played - I still can't believe it. It's one of my favorites, and one I never thought I'd get to see live. It was my first dance at my wedding, and it holds a special place in my heart for that reason and many others. I came all the way from Kansas City for this one - my fifteenth NIN show (fourth on this tour) - and I am so grateful to have been there last night to hear it.

Also: happy to finally hear In Two live, as well as the "new" Sanctified. I've seen The Wretched so many times before, but last night's sounded especially powerful and perfect. The breakdown of Copy of A live gives me chills every damn time. And Somewhat Damaged is still kicking my ass, in the best way, on this tour.

I quit trying to "rank" my NIN shows long ago, but the appearance of ATLITW almost certainly boosts this one to, or near, the top of my list.

Kid Charlemagne
11-06-2013, 03:02 PM
So here's my full review:

Anyone who knows me or follows me on Facebook or Twitter knows that I haven't been kind to NIN in recent years, outside of The Slip, I've been harsh on Trent's work (all of it) post With Teeth, which remains my favorite NIN album. I was hesitant (no pun intended) to go and bought tickets on Stubhub the night before. Any expectations I had were shattered. As soon as it went dark and I heard the first notes to "Copy of A", I left y feelings all at home. Visually, it's the best show they've put on and it ain't even close. The screens were awesome, the lighting was amazing, and it was for every fucking song.

Right off the bat there's a four song structure of "Sanctified" "Terrible Lie" "MOTP" and "Piggy" and holy shit it was awesome. Pino gets hate, but the groves he brought to "Sanctified" and "Piggy" were much needed, NIN haven't had a shortage of good bassists, but Pino takes the cake, probably the most talented guy who has ever been in the live band, and if you don't agree, check his fucking track record. "Piggy" was especially a highlight, I'm neutral on this song, but the bass was tuff and the crowd singing "NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW" while Trent was swaying was awesome, it pleased me since this city normally loves awful music, but they love NIN and Trent the way they love Rob Halford.

The only low point was the next four songs which were all from Hesitation Marks, I don't like this album, there's about five songs off the album I like and three had been played to this point, had these songs been sequenced apart in the set, I would've been fine, but it almost felt like a momentum killer. But then they broke into "Into the Void" which happens to be my favorite song off The Fragile and one of my favorite songs from the band ever. It was groovy, the backup singers were fantastic and the Fragile esque visuals were pleasing. Then we get "The Wretched" which is a song I'll never get tired of hearing, the ladies singing backup again made it, and this brings me to my next point.

Robin Finck. Seriously, go back and listen to his solos on "The Wretched", dude's a beast. Up until now, my favorite guitarist was Aaron North, but Finck is up there playing his ass off, adding solos to it, running around and grooving, if there's anyone else on stage that's owning it and feels more comfortable playing with NIN at any time, I demand a recount. My respect for him went up immensely, and this isn't even factoring in the last part of the main set, which I'll get to momentarily.

Oh, and haters gonna hate, but "Echoplex" still rules an even if there was a lack of love for The Slip on this tour, I'm glad this song got it's due, Robin and Pino totally made it and Trent trading off at the end with the singers improved it. Also, fucking "Survivalism", YZ thoughts withstanding, this song is a banger and I'm glad it got played, it's one of the more underrated singles released and it seemed like everyone near me had their fists up like it was a goddamn call and response.

Last four songs of the set were phenomenal, "Somewhat Damaged" was pleasing and this was truly a band effort because it sounded heavy as fuck, I could feel my body vibrating. And say what you will about "Wish" "THTF" and "HLAH", but these are hits, they still pack the same punch as they did when they first came out and I'm fine with these songs being in every set going forward. I never get tired of them, especially "Wish" where Robin again nailed it and brought so much energy to the point where I felt like I was hearing a new version of it.

Normally, I'd say the encore sucked, "Even Deeper" is a fine song and I enjoyed it here, but if we were to interchange it for another Fragile song, I would've chosen the title track or "TDTWWA", I just felt the song dragged too long, but Robin's playing was awesome. "Hurt" just sucks, I fucking hate this song, it's so melodramatic and just a lame way to end what was an almost perfect show. If you need to play it, fine, but reposition it before "THTF" like you did during With Teeth touring.

Let's get to "All the Love in the World" though. I had my heart set on ducking out early because I'd been underwhelmed on the setlist for the encore, but my brother and I were having such a good time that I decided to stay, then I hear the beginning of it and start to think he's just teasing it for a song off the new album, then the piano, then the words, and now it's all good. The song exceeded my expectations live, especially since we gave up hope on it a long time ago, but it sounded good, everyone brought it, I was dancing and my brother couldn't understand why. Seeing this song live for the first time is like witnessing a pitcher through a perfect game or a basketball player dropping 50 or a quarterback throwing seven touchdowns you can't believe it they're at their best, and you know you just saw something you'll be rightfully bragging about for years to come.

Plenty of talk has been about how this band lacks the craziness and energy of past incarnations, and to an extent it's true. But this is a turning point in the career of NIN. There's a loyal fanbase, there's casual fans who love the singles, and there's curious on lookers, Trent is at a point where he's a classic rock artist for the better, most of us have seen touring in the glory years where the shows were insane. Here we have a band who are stocked with proficient musicians (Ilan Rubin is co-MVP and I'll debate the fact that he's the best drummer this band has had too, with all respect to Josh), they're visually stunning, and they have a catalog of songs and singles that will satisfy even the most jaded of fans (speaking for myself on this one). Trent isn't on the level of many other people anymore, he's one of the last true rock stars we have and though he may not be filling soccer stadiums, he's reaching that level of legacy on the tier with acts like U2, Macca, the Stones, Springsteen, or Roger Waters. People will tell you to go to the shows with a biased opinion behind them, but I dare you to come away unpleased. At this point, I would gladly pay to see them again without a cast of doubt.

_incoma_
11-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Crazy show! So far out of the six nin shows I've seen, this one rests in the top three with Fragility and Lights in the sky. They played some of my favorite new songs (Find my way, In two, and Came back haunted), did justice to others that were butchered on previous tours (Into the void and Somewhat Damaged) and through in crazy surprises (all the love in the world).

I am so glad i didn't check out the setlist cause being surprised by A Warm Place was awesome! The stage was killer and the musicians all belong and I hope they stay for as long as this tour cycle runs. I was skeptical of having back up singers but my gosh, so not corny like I thought they would be. Pino, was so cool to watch because his stillness was almost a force in itself :P, the man brought crazy life to so many songs with his contributions! Alessandro in my opinion is now a total badass! Having seen him three other times previous, I was always missing charlie. This time around I can't imagine a better fit for the band and don't want to. The synths were so loud and crushing that finally Wish and Head like a hole went from sounding like just hard rock songs to ultra punishing version more akin to their album cuts. Josh and Robin, I don't even know. Robin is always fantastic and the essential nin member other than trent and josh seems like he's a guy that was always meant to be there but just recently got the chance. His energy definitely matches Danny and Justin if not in some ways exceeds.

I will complain on here about audience though. I was reminded just how much I cant stand people these days. Everyone around me was sitting down capturing the performance on their cellphones. It was shameful, the seats were not high up at all. If you're in the nosebleeds fine but if not damn get the hell up. This isn't the "still tour" we all hope will one say surface. It was a surprisingly energetic and brutal show get the fuck up!

_minus
11-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi, one of the fans that experienced the ridiculousness of the pit yesterday.

I made a concerted effort to not look at any videos or setlists for Tension at all before this show, and boy was it worth it. I loved hearing The Fragile getting so much love. Highlights for me:

- Into The Void. I mean. Okay guys.
- In Two. Extending that instrumental outro was sick.
- A Warm Place.
- All The Love In The Motherfucking World. I heard it and flipped the fuck out while thinking this must be a common occurrence for the tour. Imagine my reaction at the hotel room that night browsing here and finding out it was THE live debut.
- That jam at the end of While I'm Still Here/Black Noise. God.

And on a serious note, I never realized how much NIN needed two female vocalists until yesterday. Holy shit they were on point.

frothy_ham
11-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Crazy show! So far out of the six nin shows I've seen, this one rests in the top three with Fragility and Lights in the sky. They played some of my favorite new songs (Find my way, In two, and Came back haunted), did justice to others that were butchered on previous tours (Into the void and Somewhat Damaged) and through in crazy surprises (all the love in the world).

I am so glad i didn't check out the setlist cause being surprised by A Warm Place was awesome! The stage was killer and the musicians all belong and I hope they stay for as long as this tour cycle runs. I was skeptical of having back up singers but my gosh, so not corny like I thought they would be. Pino, was so cool to watch because his stillness was almost a force in itself :P, the man brought crazy life to so many songs with his contributions! Alessandro in my opinion is now a total badass! Having seen him three other times previous, I was always missing charlie. This time around I can't imagine a better fit for the band and don't want to. The synths were so loud and crushing that finally Wish and Head like a hole went from sounding like just hard rock songs to ultra punishing version more akin to their album cuts. Josh and Robin, I don't even know. Robin is always fantastic and the essential nin member other than trent and josh seems like he's a guy that was always meant to be there but just recently got the chance. His energy definitely matches Danny and Justin if not in some ways exceeds.

I will complain on here about audience though. I was reminded just how much I cant stand people these days. Everyone around me was sitting down capturing the performance on their cellphones. It was shameful, the seats were not high up at all. If you're in the nosebleeds fine but if not damn get the hell up. This isn't the "still tour" we all hope will one say surface. It was a surprisingly energetic and brutal show get the fuck up!

Definitely agree about the crowd lacking energy. I was in section 22 at the very bottom, great seats but we were the only people standing up in our row...the girl next to me was just sitting there looking at her phone half the time! I also wanted to politely ask the loudmouth idiots to kindly "SHUT THE FUCK UP" during Hurt when they were whooping and hollering throughout the entire song. Fucking people...

_minus
11-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I WISH there was a lack of energy on the floor to be honest. I'm getting older and all those youngfucks trying to push to the front made it feel like my ribs were going to pierce my skin at points.

Also as a short person it was a bit difficult to see.

Also also, there were ALSO whooping and yelling asshats down there during While I'm Still Here and Hurt as well. Damned asshats.

Miss Destruction
11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
This show was absolutely perfect in every face-meltingly perfect way. I took a few photos: http://brightlightdarkroom.tumblr.com/post/66197528379/nine-inch-nails-at-t-center-san-antonio-texas

Miss Destruction
11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Definitely agree about the crowd lacking energy. I was in section 22 at the very bottom, great seats but we were the only people standing up in our row...the girl next to me was just sitting there looking at her phone half the time! I also wanted to politely ask the loudmouth idiots to kindly "SHUT THE FUCK UP" during Hurt when they were whooping and hollering throughout the entire song. Fucking people...

Same here. I was in the front of section 20. Everyone was sitting around me and I was trying to be nice and not block views for others so I stayed seated but by the time "Terrible Lie" started I had to stand. There is no way you sit at a NIN show... there's no way. A girl asked me to sit down and I did, but seriously though? Just stand up like the rest of us (more were standing at that point). *shrugs*

The Madcap
11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Actually thought the crowd was really good in section 101. Everyone was standing up the entire show, no talking, no yelling during hurt.

Bmw1185
11-09-2013, 04:48 AM
This was my 10th NIN show. I've had many great shows along the way including meeting TR, the OKC show back in 2006 recorded for BYIT, many LITS shows and then the last 2 nights in Chicago during the Wave Goodbye club tour (which had the most epic sets). The other night in San Antonio blew me away and it definitely ranks up there in my top 3 for sure! What made this even more special was this was the first time I have ever been center on the rail in front of the great T-Rez. Before the show, I heard a bit of the soundcheck outside as security had left a door open. Many of us in line were going crazy and hoping he would play ATLITW. I just so happened to have the best spot in the place to record it when ATLITW came on. As far as NIN pits go, it wasn't as fierce as the Aragon ballroom was in Chicago, but it got pretty damn close. I had 3 different crowd surfers land on my head and back of my neck, but you simply take the pain! Best moment from the show was how into it I was during Piggy that TR noticed and was yelling at us aside from his mic stand, as we yelled louder back at him "NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!!!" Having that go on for what seemed like a full minute made the trip worth it already, and that was just a few songs in.

Fantastic show, an amazing one to have for my 10th one. Here is the video I recorded of All the Love in The World:
http://youtu.be/OR4xc0HMEko

mrfang
11-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Before the show, I heard a bit of the soundcheck outside as security had left a door open.

What songs did you hear during soundcheck?

ninsp
11-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Looking back on it, what a show. In Two was the standout, and then All the Love in the World. But all of the songs, even the old and angry ones, really had a new life. Trent was really energized.

I still can't believe NIN attracts the huge crowds. The top sides were blocked off, but there wasn't an open spot in that arena, had to have been 10-12K. Very impressive. The crowd was wild just about everywhere except my section. Nobody stood up and people left before the end. But the bottom bowl was rocking, the pit looked violent and the set was great. It was worth the money and the trip down there from Denton. Hope they come to Dallas soon. They're still really energized crowds despite the age nowadays. They attract such a massive span of ages it's really cool.

Bmw1185
11-16-2013, 01:09 AM
What songs did you hear during soundcheck?

1,000,000, all time low, all the love in the world