PDA

View Full Version : NIN Merchandise/Camera Policy

mindviolation
11-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Well to put it simply, do they accept credit cards (debit card)? Or do I have to take a whole wad of cash with me? Also does anyone know what the policy for bringing a camera is? I am not looking to bring a whole fledged DSLR or anything but I wanted to bring a small compact point and shoot.

Any help would be appreciated.

gorast
11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
They do accept cards. Most big-name bands do because they expect a huge turnout. I'd recommend withdrawing cash, though, because it both limits your spending so you don't overdo it and also makes things go faster because you can just throw the cash at them and leave.

I think small cameras are fine as well, because they're not good enough to record high-quality video of shows. Someone else might want to comment on that, though.

Sarah K
11-05-2013, 09:55 PM
They were taking cards at both shows that I went to.

They are being really tough on recording. You can snap pics. But if they see you actively recording for a period of time, they will basically hit your shit out of your hands. So, it isn't really worth the risk.

mindviolation
11-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Awesome. Thank you.

maryelle
11-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Camera policy depends on the venue but most of them allow small non-professional cameras with non-detachable lenses. Don't go only by what is on the venue's website; call them the day of. You might call more than once and make sure you're being told the same thing each time. In fact just bring it and if they tell you it's not allowed when you go in, you can take it to your car.

They do come up if you appear to be shooting video and yell NO VIDEO. Obviously a lot of people get away with it though. But I'd not take the chance with video esp. of you're up front - they will boot you if they want to.

DrFink
11-10-2013, 01:45 PM
So if I happened to snap some pictures with my iPhone they wouldn't freak, but if I took a video they might kick me out.

I think I will stick to pictures or nothing at all. Just to be on the safe side.

m15a
11-10-2013, 03:42 PM
So if I happened to snap some pictures with my iPhone they wouldn't freak, but if I took a video they might kick me out.

I think I will stick to pictures or nothing at all. Just to be on the safe side.

very unlikely they'd kick you out without warning. but there's nothing wrong with following the rules. O: )

theimage13
11-10-2013, 05:36 PM

If you're taking videos with an iPhone, they might tell you to put it away. Or they might not give a rat's ass. But short of actually being a security guard at the venue, I can more or less guarantee that phone vids won't get you thrown out without warning.

DrFink
11-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Last night in Broomfield I took pictures with no problems with my iPhone, but didn't do video just because I didn't want to eat my battery up. However, there were several people in my section and on the floor that were recording and no one ever told them to stop. The girl sitting in the row below me practically recorded the entire show and never had anyone come up to her.

I suppose it truly depends on the venue.