PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4

PooPooMeowChow
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
It's that time of the year for another Call of.... er I mean Battlefield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U
DICE seem to have givin' up making games and have turned into hype factory.

Conan The Barbarian
03-27-2013, 11:19 AM
I will wait on this. at least for nextgen. There is no way I am playing this game on a current console.

kdrcraig
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Battlefield 3 was the first one I played, but I thought it sucked. Won't be messing with this series again.

Space Suicide
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Looks like Battlefield 3.5 to me.

PooPooMeowChow
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Battlefield 3 was the first one I played, but I thought it sucked. Won't be messing with this series again.

lol try having played this series from the very start as a kid, play BF2 religiously, then play BF3. I wanna burn down DICE and EA HQ soo bad.

Piko
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
I've only played BF3. Wasn't a bad game, but it wore thin real quick imo. Personally, I think the war genre is kinda wearing itself thin. Maybe will probably disagree though as people will still buy Call of Duty games and this. I'd much rather this than Call of Duty though. I felt more useful, heh. I may end up checking it out though. Who knows?

sa_nick
03-31-2013, 11:24 PM
The single player looks a bit more sensationalised than bf3 was but it hasn't quite suck to CoD level. Michael K. Williams providing a voice is a nice little addition. Still, the multi player is what it'll all end up being about when it comes down to it. I never really got into any FPS since Soldier of Fortune 2 but damn bf3 hooked me and ive sunk a good 350 hours into it. Looking forward to BF3 but I might take the PC route rather than console, even if i do pick up a ps4 anytime around launch.

Amaro
04-01-2013, 03:55 AM
Yep. I mean, they didn't even try to change the font and color scheme... The teaser music so far is only a little different, but still not really. What a joke. Fuck, bro.

That said, I'll still most likely buy it and play on. I've only gotten better at BF3, since all of my hardships. I maxed out to level 100 two months back (probably only just then because I didn't change my weapons up as much throughout the journey), been trolling games lately. lol

I hope for interesting map layouts and better destruction.

Maury
11-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm always looking for more people to play with.

My name is "caldrax" on origin and on steam if any of you want to add me. I'm more likely to notice messages on steam but I try to pay attention to Origin messages as well.

So far the game seems pretty fun, crashes notwithstanding. I haven't played the single player. I've heard everything from "it's decent" to "it's a total disaster."

Space Suicide
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM
When Xbox One is in my possession and I have money, BF4 here I come.

Even though the beta was mediocre and I hate a lot of what they changed.

Maury
11-03-2013, 05:52 PM
screw XBox get a PC (he said selfishly wanting more people to play with).

sa_nick
11-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm gonna be lame and get it on PS3 sometime, probably whenever I can pick it up cheap in stores or on ebay. My mates I squad up with will all be getting it on PS3 too, and of the almost 500 hours I played of BF3 95% of it was with those friends, it just wasn't fun without them.

Amaro
11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
This game looks amazing... Approximately 5x better looking than BF3.

Tums206_BFY
11-17-2013, 03:16 AM
This game looks amazing... Approximately 5x better looking than BF3.

Looks very nice def think the story so far on BF3 was way better though! But there is a glitch in the game and I might not play it until DICE/EA patch shit up (Yes it is on their end). I am not sure if anyone playing BF4 here has had it happened to them (playing on PS4) but I and a few people I know have gotten the whole corrupt file thingy that has eventually erased our campaign mode and maybe multiplayer stats. They need to patch it up asap! I wanna beat the campaign mode and move on to single player. Btw I guess this has also happened on PC and on the last gen (feels weird saying that) as as well.

Amaro
11-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Looks very nice def think the story so far on BF3 was way better though! But there is a glitch in the game and I might not play it until DICE/EA patch shit up (Yes it is on their end). I am not sure if anyone playing BF4 here has had it happened to them (playing on PS4) but I and a few people I know have gotten the whole corrupt file thingy that has eventually erased our campaign mode and maybe multiplayer stats. They need to patch it up asap! I wanna beat the campaign mode and move on to single player. Btw I guess this has also happened on PC and on the last gen (feels weird saying that) as as well.

Skip the campaign till the problem with the error is officially fixed. I am because that's progress I can't get back, should it die out again. Multiplayer though--I can help you out to get around the error. Your stats and progress stay because it's all Battlelog active.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/hu5y5e2a.jpg

Follow these steps exactly, then you should be good.

////

BF4 on PS4 is truly awesome. It's PC graphics and physics. Insane!

I don't understand how people don't know what it's all about...they're just like "CoD: Ghosts? Wut?"

Fuccccccckkkkkk...

Maury
11-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Got to mission 6 of 7 on the single player tonight. I like the single player better than 3, personally. It's been a lot less buggy and It doesn't seem to rely on you staying inside certain combat zones. Also, having an unlock system and selectable weapons on every mission is nice. Along with a score system a bit like the multiplayer, it just feels more fun to play. The story is kinda threadbare but I wasn't expecting much from it anyway.

Maury
11-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Finished the campaign last night. Kinda underwhelming ending. I played through all 3 possible endings (the first time I didn't realize there was a time limit, so I just let them blow up my ship), which I would've considered a waste of time if not for the unlocks. Anyway, it was still decently fun, and way better than 3 (I didn't finish 3 because of a bug on a tank mission that made it unbeatable, I never went back and tried to resolve it).

Multiplayer wise I played a bit of Operation Locker tonight, trying to level my support up a bit. Unlocked a few shotguns, which is nice (I like playing Domination and Team DM with shotguns).

Still want more people to play with. It's fun to get on ventrillo or skype or whatever and play, so if you have that and you want to get a game going, hit me up. If I'm free, I'll play with you.

Amaro
11-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Finished the campaign last night. Kinda underwhelming ending. I played through all 3 possible endings (the first time I didn't realize there was a time limit, so I just let them blow up my ship), which I would've considered a waste of time if not for the unlocks. Anyway, it was still decently fun, and way better than 3 (I didn't finish 3 because of a bug on a tank mission that made it unbeatable, I never went back and tried to resolve it).

Multiplayer wise I played a bit of Operation Locker tonight, trying to level my support up a bit. Unlocked a few shotguns, which is nice (I like playing Domination and Team DM with shotguns).

Still want more people to play with. It's fun to get on ventrillo or skype or whatever and play, so if you have that and you want to get a game going, hit me up. If I'm free, I'll play with you.

I beat the campaign yesterday on Hard. In some 3-5 hours, a bit to my surprise, though I still felt it was about as long in story as any other MMS FPS game single player. Otherwise--I'm fairly used to the AI of Battlefield by now, apparently. I love the new shooting feel in this game. That was a welcome change.

I went with the "Hannah ending", I'll call it. I didn't figure/know there was any other ending than the "Irish ending", which I should probably try out, just because.

Yes though, BF4 campaign>BF3 campaign. Easily. More fun and funnier, IMO. I lol'd at various dialogue scenes. Usually moments that weren't meant to be funny. (Dima, for one thing. <3) If for nothing else I got that out of it.

Are you on PS4 by chance? :0/

sentient02970
11-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Locker is a very fun map (doors and a whole lot of crazy choke points). It also mixes up some good long range outdoor fights. It seems very well suited for TDM and Obliteration.

Maury
11-22-2013, 02:50 AM
(http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/74-Magrão)Magrão (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/74-Magrão) - no, PC. Need PC Friends. (I don't know if I can go back to playing FPS' on a controller, except maybe the new steam controller.)

Amaro
11-25-2013, 10:15 AM
A user on this forum is listed in the BF4 credits under QA. I played BC2 with him back in 2010, when he was unemployed. That credit bit brought a big smile to my face. Holla, buddy!

sa_nick
11-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Haha, nice. I'd love to do some QA, or production assist kind role for DICE (second to Naughty Dog). So far the only game I'm credited in is Rock Band, made by Harmonix, the Pixar of the gaming world.

Reznor2112
12-02-2013, 02:09 PM
According to DICE, they officially have announced there will be NO pre-game squad/party creation implemented within BF4. You can only join friends within a match.

Fucking stupid if you ask me...
http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/battlefield-4-pre-match-squad-creation-will-not-be-implemented-dice-confirms/

Clownboat
12-02-2013, 11:08 PM
My PC can't handle this bad boy, so on that end I'm stuck with BF3 (which is still good). I've been playing BF4 on Xbox 360 and loving it, though. It's surprisingly playable! I figured it'd be completely crippled from the hardware, but it's been keeping me hooked. At least until I can upgrade my computer.

Space Suicide
12-03-2013, 07:41 AM
According to DICE, they officially have announced there will be NO pre-game squad/party creation implemented within BF4. You can only join friends within a match.

Fucking stupid if you ask me...
http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/battlefield-4-pre-match-squad-creation-will-not-be-implemented-dice-confirms/

That's so inconvenient and moronic. Why have a feature in every game before and then just take it out? It's not even a "useless" feature at all.

Amaro
12-03-2013, 08:21 AM
It's like if a car company said they were gonna be making their cars without any doors except for the driver door. It's astounding they're going with this senseless of a decision. Unbelievable. Truly!

"We’re not offering the old squad join feature because we didn’t feel that the feature in Battlefield 3 was on par with the quality that we wanted to offer our players."

wut?¿

PC also got shut out of this feature?

Space Suicide
12-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Used for 54.99. With a $10.00 off any used game voucher and my 10% discount I spent a whopping 43.22 on this. It's mint with no scratches and the case is perfect. Great steal today.

http://i.imgur.com/nESjM7k.jpg

Amaro
12-15-2013, 12:18 AM
http://www.maximumpc.com/lawfirm_may_sue_ea_over_buggy_battlefield_4_rollou t2013

Space Suicide
12-15-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.maximumpc.com/lawfirm_may_sue_ea_over_buggy_battlefield_4_rollou t2013

The game is indeed a laggy dogshit mess and should've been released next year as intended but suing over it? GTFO. Get over it.

Kodiak33
12-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Anyone can add me to play on PC
ID: Kodiak333

I am a total newbie to Battlefield, but I love it so far.

Wretchedest
12-15-2013, 05:36 PM
The game is indeed a laggy dogshit mess and should've been released next year as intended but suing over it? GTFO. Get over it.

You know ive experienced one glitch: autosaving doesnt work, and i have to start the campaign over from the begining.

That is unacceptable. Nobody should be releasing games that dont function on that level. Some clipping here and there, ok. The occassional lag, it happens. MP has been perfect for me. But dropping saves is unacceptable. And people should get lawsuits for releasing broken games. This is a growing problem where games are released without proper testing, without truly functio.ing and it needs to stop.

These are the biggest budget, most successful games in the world, they can afford to either make it work or take a lawsuit for selling people a product that does not work.

Wretchedest
12-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Double post sorry.

Space Suicide
12-15-2013, 05:58 PM
You know ive experienced one glitch: autosaving doesnt work, and i have to start the campaign over from the begining.

That is unacceptable. Nobody should be releasing games that dont function on that level. Some clipping here and there, ok. The occassional lag, it happens. MP has been perfect for me. But dropping saves is unacceptable. And people should get lawsuits for releasing broken games. This is a growing problem where games are released without proper testing, without truly functio.ing and it needs to stop.

These are the biggest budget, most successful games in the world, they can afford to either make it work or take a lawsuit for selling people a product that does not work.

True but honestly, who is going to benefit from the lawsuit? Me, @Magrão (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=74) , you and other consumers won't get any of the winnings if it does succeed (which is won't). All that'll happen is funding for support by EA/DICE will be dropped down several pegs and that's about it.

sick among the pure
12-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Are you on PS4 by chance? :0/

My fiance has it for PS4, once the semester is over I plan on trying out the multiplayer and fucking around with vehicles. I'm usually on my PS3 for shit, and am sadly one of those CoD fags, but if you want to add me my PSN name is TH3_G00D_S0LD13R

Space Suicide
12-26-2013, 02:01 PM
So, I bought Premium and decided to try out the Xbox One's recording software. I recorded a 4 killstreak on Flood Zone from this morning. Check it, not half bad quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kPktdK4ho0&amp;feature=youtu.be

Conan The Barbarian
12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
oh shit space, we gotta to get together one of these days and run a match or two.

Space Suicide
12-26-2013, 08:41 PM
oh shit space, we gotta to get together one of these days and run a match or two.

Sounds good, we should make it a night.

Wretchedest
12-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Hm... The ps4s sharing software only goes directly to facebook, but i did a thorough video and photo study of all the paper floating around everywhere and where it might be coming from

Conan The Barbarian
12-26-2013, 08:46 PM
What mode do you often play? I like conquest still despite the feeling I get that i always have to be engineer.

Space Suicide
12-26-2013, 08:52 PM
What mode do you often play? I like conquest still despite the feeling I get that i always have to be engineer.

Mostly Conquest but I'll dabble in Rush for a change of pace here and there. The video I posted was Rush. I've yet to play any other mode in BF4 that's new (Obliteration, Capture the Flag, etc.) so I'm unsure.

Conan The Barbarian
12-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Same. I have dabbled mostly in conquest and domination for a more fast pace game.

Also operation metro 2000 sucks again as one team can just capture their first two points and then just camp C and then pretty much spawn camp. Its annoying .

Space Suicide
12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Same. I have dabbled mostly in conquest and domination for a more fast pace game.

Also operation metro 2000 sucks again as one team can just capture their first two points and then just camp C and then pretty much spawn camp. Its annoying .

Yeah, I played Operation Metro 2014 earlier and it was Conquest as well. My team had 80 more tickets when I joined yet we lost because the other team overtook B somehow and pretty much spawn camped us for over 290 tickets. It got boring quickly.

Maury
12-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Guys, try obliteration, it's awesome. It's like 2 team rush but also a football game. It's excellent.

Space Suicide
12-29-2013, 06:23 PM
@Maury (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1942) I would if I could, between Obliteration and Defuse, I've never been able to get into a game of those two. The matchmaking on this game is still dogshit. I try to join a match and it puts me on a loading tab with a black screen and immediately cuts out and then says Failed to join connection like 10 seconds later. Endless queues, quick match failing to find a match and a shit ton of other things.

I tried joining an Operation Metro 2014 match earlier and it ceased to ever load that map and connect me to a server, even though I own and have Second Assault installed. I tried about half a dozen other matches on that map and I get the same issue. As for the other DLC, I can't even download the China Rising DLC as when it reaches 100% on the download/install it ceases installation and gives me a notification that it isn't formatted right and needs to be found elsewhere on the marketplace.

I knew the game was broken but Jesus Christ. When you can't even download or install a DLC file, you know you have a problem on your hands. They better fix this shit speedy or I will raise hell.

Space Suicide
01-04-2014, 06:49 PM
So, can anyone here actually download and play China Rising? I'm having the same problem as what I said above.

Maury
01-04-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm on a PC but China Rising worked fine for me, except for some weird glitchiness in some parts of the levels themselves.

Space Suicide
01-05-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm on a PC but China Rising worked fine for me, except for some weird glitchiness in some parts of the levels themselves.

I wish they'd fix the shit. I bought Premium and have yet to play it because the garbage isn't formatted correctly to install on the Xbox One console. Morons haven't even acknowledged fixing it yet on airwaves so I am fearful of never getting it unless some dumb fluke occurs where it magically works.

Conan The Barbarian
01-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Strange, it works for me.

Maury
01-05-2014, 06:59 PM
I've heard for some people that uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling solved their issues with China Rising. I dunno, might be worth a shot.

Space Suicide
01-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I've heard for some people that uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling solved their issues with China Rising. I dunno, might be worth a shot.

I might try it.

Space Suicide
01-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestion guys but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still doesn't work. Guess I'm stuck waiting for DICE to fix the shit.

Maury
01-05-2014, 11:57 PM
shoot, too bad man, sorry it's not working for you. I dunno what else to suggest. You could probably get a refund but then they'll likely take the game away.

Space Suicide
01-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm with EA support and they're surprisingly helpful. I also asked Xbox Live support with also decent results. I got a code for China Rising from EA support and I got an alternative solution from Microsoft. So here's to hoping.

Space Suicide
01-06-2014, 06:46 AM
EA rep gave me a code as stated, redeemed and it now downloaded. Weird. Glad they actually helped!

Maury
01-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Sweet, a happy ending.

Maury
02-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Heyo, so I started a platoon, for my PC friends. If anyone wants to hop in, let me know. It's called "CAPS LOCK."

Also, Kodiak, I don't know if you still play, but I added you awhile ago and you never replied to the friend request, so if you're still into the game, we should group up some time.

Space Suicide
02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm on Xbox One but I'd join if I could.

No one posted news but Naval Strike DLC is prepped for release to Premium Members near the end of March. Hopefully the pack is better than what China Rising was. I want some levolution.

Kodiak33
03-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Heyo, so I started a platoon, for my PC friends. If anyone wants to hop in, let me know. It's called "CAPS LOCK."

Also, Kodiak, I don't know if you still play, but I added you awhile ago and you never replied to the friend request, so if you're still into the game, we should group up some time.

Oh sorry! I haven't played in awhile, but I will add you right now. Thanks!

sa_nick
03-20-2014, 02:42 AM
Probably my best round yet, pity we didnt win...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/446267751667135040/235865402/

Maury
03-31-2014, 07:01 AM
Naval Strike is out for PC now

so that's a thing.

I was getting a bug yesterday where when I played vanilla maps my computer crashed, hoping they patched that up with this one.

Space Suicide
04-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Terrible rubber banding on the Naval Strike maps though. I LOVE Operation Mortar and Lost Islands though.

october_midnight
05-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Apparently 'Battlefield: S.W.A.T.' being announced at E3.

Space Suicide
05-23-2014, 02:53 PM

I like Battlefield but they should cool it. Focus on Battlefront, DICE.

Reznor2112
05-27-2014, 02:25 PM

Battlefield: Hardline announced as official title.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/battlefield-hardline-leaks-thanks-to-battlelog-update

Space Suicide
05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Battlefield: Hardline announced as official title.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/battlefield-hardline-leaks-thanks-to-battlelog-update

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10390227_10152153863216344_7147745399456789853_n.j pg

Reznor2112
05-28-2014, 11:04 AM
A 7 minute reveal video was leaked this morning but has already been taken down. It looks like a fun game BUT the graphics are very cartoonish much like GTA. The code name for the game is apparently OMAHA

Wretchedest
05-28-2014, 01:41 PM
I like the notion of a police/ local law enforcement style game... Unfortunately battlefield seems like an uninteresting use of that concept.

Space Suicide
05-28-2014, 02:07 PM
I like the notion of a police/ local law enforcement style game... Unfortunately battlefield seems like an uninteresting use of that concept.

Agreed it's super awkward but when it runs, it's a buttery smooth FPS. So that'll be more than enough to warrant more interest from me.

Reznor2112
06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Still no word on Dragons Teeth DLC

Space Suicide
06-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Still no word on Dragons Teeth DLC

Hopefully soon. I have a feeling the last piece of DLC will be the best and most awesome. The past 3 weren't anything special at all.

Conan The Barbarian
06-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Well second assault was a nice addition mainly because I finally get to play those maps in beautiful quality. But the rest, meh.