PDA

View Full Version : 2013.11.02 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music & Art Experience

m0reta
11-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Pretty sure I had my face burned off. We got Only, I'm Afraid of Americans, VMOE, and In This Twilight. Trent talked about his history w/ NOLA and the memories, then continued to kick ass. No wardrobe changes (it was FUCK ASS COLD all day in front of the stage due to shade and then night) but a snazzy jacket/pants ensemble. There may have been a guitar throw during Terrible Lie. Great great energy from the band and from my side of the rail. :-)

Great to have met Leviathant and @mormolyke briefly and that they did indeed get rail. :-D

Please move this to post-show thread when it's up.

greyskies13
11-03-2013, 08:08 AM
there was definitely a guitar throw at the end of terrible lie

the backup singers were amazing

the crowd was amazing and singing and rocking out the whole time

we got so many great songs, highlights for me: vmoe, the big comedown, even deeper, I'm afraid of americans, in this twilight, copy of a, sanctified, while I'm still here...

i got video of in this twilight which ill post later when I make it home on Monday or Tuesday

i also posted a bunch of little Vine videos which you can find on my twitter feed (@imbiat)

orestes
11-03-2013, 04:51 PM
http://dallas.todaysmama.com/files/2013/01/Cafe-du-Monde-Beignets1.jpg

captainbeyond
11-03-2013, 05:49 PM
lol did we finally get with the program? I thought my browser wouldn't refresh correctly.

FANTASTIC show! Various Methods, The Frail/The Wretched, I'm Afraid of Americans, REPTILE!

Reptile fucking ruled!! The end of Black Noise is probably some of the most intense coolest shit I've ever witnessed.

I feel that it was a very special thing to witness songs from The Fragile being played in the city they were written and recorded in. I've always thought that Even Deeper is so suited for the landscape and atmosphere of New Orleans and Louisiana. Trent's comment about New Orleans last night really validated my belief.

My only complaint of the show was leaving out Somewhat Damaged and going straight into Wish. I was ready for SD after seeing it last week. It seemed that In This Twilight didn't have much effect on the crowd and I would have gladly swapped it for Somewhat Damaged. Also I could complain about certain aspects of the fucked up pricing and marketing of this festival but I'll save that topic unless someone else brings it up...

I saw two shows on this leg and it looks like the only songs I didn't witness were Burn, Echoplex, I Would For You, and Into the Void. I'm very satisfied.

(is the pic above from Cafe Du Monde?)

TheRealNs1
11-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Best setlist I have ever seen. EVER.

Necrodoommonkey
11-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Finally got to see Reptile live. In this twilight was a nice surprise too. Overall it was the best show I've been to. It was indeed cold as fuck.

SLAW09
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I have a lot of pics taken I will post at some point.

Awesome setlist. Between seeing them at Lollapalooza and Voodoo, I am still blown away with this lineup.

And since someone brought it up I would like to expand upon something since I saw a lot of disappointed NIN fans. I will try to be brief...

I am lucky enough that my job allows me to attend some music festivals for free and sometimes with vendor/artist access. Which sounds great in theory (sometimes it can be) but you get to see the reality of a lot of these festivals that are charging thousands of dollars for "artist" or "backstage" access. In short, think twice. And then think again NOT to do it unlees you see "meet and greet". I was in town for Friday and Saturday with an Artist pass and 3 of the 4 main acts had a closed stage unless you had their private pass. I saw Pearl Jam, Mackelmore, and NIN fans who spent $2,500 on tickets realize that there was no real bonus to the upgrade (in terms of artist and venue access) and for the main reason they spent the money. The artists. It's at the artists' discretion if the stage is "open" or not. Sometimes it is but not very often. Paramore had an open stage and even invited fans for an impromptu autograph session. Which is great but it is not the norm. Voodoo is a great festival, the VIP setup for what should be "general admission" is a bit dubious at best but the staff and venue are great (although the change of location seemed to mess things up a bit).

LadyP
11-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Does anyone have the setlist for this show? It was awesome, but I'm always a little too caught up in the moment to make note of the songs as they are played. What can I say, I'm a slave to the rhythm once the show starts.

m0reta
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have the setlist for this show? It was awesome, but I'm always a little too caught up in the moment to make note of the songs as they are played. What can I say, I'm a slave to the rhythm once the show starts.

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=899

Pretty sure Damn right that's correct.