PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails concert attendance

billpulsipher
10-20-2013, 01:48 PM
A lot of the reports I have heard is that these shows aren't selling out and the show I was at (NYC) was def not sold out as well. If this is true and every show has plenty of empty seats, that's a bad sign...why isn't TR selling out shows?...the CBH video, the constant rotation of the lineup and the 'everything' single didn't exactly help matters..I honestly think 'everything' really fucked the entire promotion of this album up. I know casual NIN fans who refused to listen to the album based on that one song. Either way, its kind of discouraging that this tour isn't as successful outside of the hardcores/diehards

Avarik
10-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm sure some people chose to not buy a ticket after seeing some YouTube videos of this tour. After all he talked about it being the show he could never put on before... It turns out to be Lights in The Sky... Lite edition.
Not to mention the lineup addition where there are two women who have nothing to do with NIN standing on stage for too many songs.
I bought presale tickets for two shows, and I'm excited to go, but Trent did hype this up too much for what it is.

nemesiswontdie
10-20-2013, 02:05 PM
I really really doubt people aren't going to NIN shows because of Everything.

I am pretty sure it has to do with GA tickets being $100. Most people don't have that kind of cash to spend on just 1 ticket.

RJK
10-20-2013, 02:06 PM
A lot of the reports I have heard is that these shows aren't selling out and the show I was at (NYC) was def not sold out as well. If this is true and every show has plenty of empty seats, that's a bad sign...why isn't TR selling out shows?...the CBH video, the constant rotation of the lineup and the 'everything' single didn't exactly help matters..I honestly think 'everything' really fucked the entire promotion of this album up. I know casual NIN fans who refused to listen to the album based on that one song. Either way, its kind of discouraging that this tour isn't as successful outside of the hardcores/diehards

Compared to Lights In The Sky these arenas are packed. You have to remember that these are big arenas that not a lot of rock bands can sell out. I know the DC show had very few empty seats.

Also remember that there is a scalper industry and some of those empty seats could have been bought by people trying to make money off of a NIN comeback tour.

Overall I'm sure this arena tour has been successful from a ticket sales point of view.

jessamineny
10-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm sure some people chose to not buy a ticket after seeing some YouTube videos of this tour. After all he talked about it being the show he could never put on before... It turns out to be Lights in The Sky... Lite edition.
Not to mention the lineup addition where there are two women who have nothing to do with NIN standing on stage for too many songs.
I bought presale tickets for two shows, and I'm excited to go, but Trent did hype this up too much for what it is.

Why do the backup singers have nothing to do with NIN? They're not singing ABBA. : / Frankly, they're the awesomesauce of the tour.

heroicraptor
10-20-2013, 03:04 PM
You are a huge fool.

Charmingly Miserable
10-20-2013, 03:08 PM
While the attendance to the Los Angeles show (the show I'm going to) has yet to be determined, I will say that I don't think that Everything, backup singers or even Trent has anything to do with the shows not selling out. Frankly, I think it comes down to an economic standpoint. The U.S. is still in an economic recovery mode and buying a ticket to see NIN is discretionary spending. I will say that a NIN show is worth every dollar spent on a ticket; NIN puts on probably the best live show on earth.

neorev
10-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Ive been to the last 5 NIN shows when they came to New York with 1 being in New Jersey.
I even paid $150 one time to see NIN with Queens Of The Stone Age at Madison Square Garden.
Hell I even traveled from Long Island to New Jersey since Does It Offend You, Yeah? was opening and wanted to see them live too.
But sadly I didn't go to one on this tour... why?

Ticket prices are too high in my opinion and from the YouTube videos I saw it doesn't look that exciting visually compared to LITS Tour and the opener wasn't enticing, which doesnt't justify paying the high ticket prices.

m15a
10-20-2013, 03:55 PM
i'm not too surprised that the NIN shows aren't selling out. i was a bit surprised that the first tour back was a straight arena tour. i don't know anything about touring costs, but i'm guessing (and hoping) that having a non-sold out shows isn't such a bad thing financially since there were still relatively a lot of sales (compared to smaller venues that may have been sold out with fewer sales overall).

not that i have any way of knowing, but i feel like considering "Everything" such a huge flop ("huge" in its effect on the overall opinion of NIN) is sort of a "fan myopia (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanMyopia)" thing . . i mean, for casual fans, not liking a song is not a huge deal. and i'm sure the number of serious fans that decided not to go to a show because of "Everything" is insignificant.

oh yeah. and i agree that cost is the big issue. with everything involved in going to a concert - transportation, food/drink, possibly hotel, skipping work - in addition to ticket price, it's a big commitment for most (myself included).

also, FWIW, the tipping point in getting a ticket to a second show was the reveal of the additional touring band members. although i was already strongly considering it due to convenience (i was already in town for the other show), the opening act (GY!BE) and, well, because it's NIN. did feel pretty bad about spending so much, though . . . until about 5 seconds after the concert started. :-)

sick among the pure
10-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Anyone basing the visuals off crappy youtube videos (let's be honest, even the best quality HD video is not going to compare to what it looks and sounds like in person, even a pro-shot DVD can't do that) and not going to see NIN when they would otherwise is an idiot. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's how I feel.
Similarly, anyone reading that there are backup singers and saying anything negative about that without having heard them, idiot.

People that aren't going to these shows for any reason short of money/travel/other obligations, are screwing themselves out of an amazing experience. Trent hyped up this tour as "picking up where LITS left off" visually, which it does. I'm sure Trent is regretting saying that because people on the internet will blame him for "hyping up the visuals" and not delivering, according to them. After every show I've been to on this tour, I've only heard people saying how amazing the backup singers are, what they add to the songs, etc. Whenever anything changes, someone will find something to complain about. Whenever something is the same, someone will find something to complain about.

It would be interesting to have actual stats on ticket sales for this tour vs LITS, because if there are fewer sales this tour, I can bet the #1 reason is the cost. Eating $100 plus fees per GA ticket sucked. Especially when I have basically no income right now. But I sure wasn't disappointed. Lol, disappointed.

edit:

did feel pretty bad about spending so much, though . . . until about 5 seconds after the concert started. :-)
Exactly.

Krazy
10-20-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't think a technical sell out is that big a deal, just overall ticket sales. From what I've seen it looks pretty successful considering NIN is a bit of a niche band with higher than average ticket pricing. Just go and mess around on TicketMaster with other arena rock shows- there aren't a whole lot of acts selling every ticket at every venue.

Regarding Tension versus LITS, it does seem (I'll try to choose my words carefully here) "less ambitious" than the '08 shows from a technical production/visual trickery and gadgets standpoint. And it's very fair to compare the two since TR stated this tour will be where they left off with LITS and be the full-on NIN experience (or something to that effect). I've got to say the 2013 lighting and video content is much better though.

And just an educated guess but 'Everything' has most likely next to zero effect of these ticket sales.

Another thing I wonder is if venues have adjusted their costs for booking. Due to the economy I'm sure that would rather make SOME money rather than no money- making it more enticing to book an arena show. (I could be completely full of shit on this one, just a thought off the top of my head)

nemesiswontdie
10-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Anyone basing the visuals off crappy youtube videos (let's be honest, even the best quality HD video is not going to compare to what it looks and sounds like in person, even a pro-shot DVD can't do that) and not going to see NIN when they would otherwise is an idiot. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's how I feel.
Similarly, anyone reading that there are backup singers and saying anything negative about that without having heard them, idiot.

People that aren't going to these shows for any reason short of money/travel/other obligations, are screwing themselves out of an amazing experience. Trent hyped up this tour as "picking up where LITS left off" visually, which it does. I'm sure Trent is regretting saying that because people on the internet will blame him for "hyping up the visuals" and not delivering, according to them. After every show I've been to on this tour, I've only heard people saying how amazing the backup singers are, what they add to the songs, etc. Whenever anything changes, someone will find something to complain about. Whenever something is the same, someone will find something to complain about.

People will ALWAYS find something to bitch about.

The thing is, is that TR said "Picking up where LITS left off". That's really it. He didn't say "THIS IS LITS BUT 1,000,000 TIMES MORE AWESOME!".

Even if Tension 2013 isn't as good as LITS (I didn't get the chance to see any shows during the LITS since they skipped Kansas and I was only 16 at the time with no transportation) this tour has been fucking awesome. With the new visuals, the new additions to the live crew to even the back up singers, this tour has been nothing short of spectacular.

sick among the pure
10-20-2013, 04:32 PM
The thing is, is that TR said "Picking up where LITS left off". That's really it. He didn't say "THIS IS LITS BUT 1,000,000 TIMES MORE AWESOME!".

Exactly. I saw 2 LITS shows (one each leg) and 4 Tension shows. There were parts during LITS, like Vessel, where the visuals made the collective audience go "WHOA!". The same thing happened during Disappointed, every night.
There are songs where the visuals are just added atmosphere, songs where the visuals are a beautiful video as a backdrop, songs where the visuals move around the musicians, songs where the visuals are an altered version of the musicians, songs where the visuals are just lights and colors and smoke and chaos, and there are songs where the visuals fucking blow your mind. Tension is every bit picking up where LITS left off, and in typical Trent fashion, he has re-invented the live band and his music.
I'll shut up now, I think I made my point.

Krazy
10-20-2013, 04:34 PM
^^^ And to add on nemisiswontdie, it is NIN/TR we're talking about here. The bar has been set VERY high through the years with their live shows. There's only so many live arena shows that can pull this kind of stuff off while having a big hand in the production, and flowing well with the music- adding to the experience while not getting in the way.

If this was Metallica's tour it would've been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Bluebird
10-20-2013, 04:46 PM

Wait, you haven't even been to a show yet and you're shitting on the tour? Patience.

Avarik
10-20-2013, 04:54 PM
You are a huge fool.

I can't see why, except that I have an opinion and don't just eat Trent's shit and piss.

Anyone basing the visuals off crappy youtube videos (let's be honest, even the best quality HD video is not going to compare to what it looks and sounds like in person, even a pro-shot DVD can't do that) and not going to see NIN when they would otherwise is an idiot.

I'm sure the show is great, just like all of his shows. I'm not awestruck like I was with LITS though.

He also said this: "This is the full-on NIN Live experience realized as we never could before."

Krazy
10-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to eat piss. Just sayin'. :P

<-------- goes back to watching the shitty afternoon NFL match-ups

R-Dot-Yung
10-20-2013, 05:20 PM
I did notice the shows not being sold out. But I honestly don't really see why that matters?

Trent seemed WAY more into these shows than LITS, and the band sounds 1000% better. Both shows I went to Trent was happy as piss on stage thanking everyone for coming out and how much he appreciates the support. And Hesitation Marks sounds amazing live, these shows knocked my tits off.

Looks gravy to me.

brokenfragility
10-20-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm sure the show is great, just like all of his shows. I'm not awestruck like I was with LITS though.

I have one question.....have you actually been to a Tension show?

Wish9
10-20-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm looking forward to billpulsipher's thesis on how Everything is to blame for global warming.

sick among the pure
10-20-2013, 05:48 PM
I can't see why, except that I have an opinion and don't just eat Trent's shit and piss.

If you're implying that everyone who disagrees with you is so obsessed with anything and everything Trent does that they can see no flaw in this tour, then I see no reason to continue a conversation about it with you.
If you're saying heroicraptor specifically eats Trent's excrement, I'll just laugh in your face about your post.

billpulsipher
10-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Another thing is this isn't a barebones live show where he doesnt have to pay a lot for production etc. I am sure this is costing TR a lot for the production and the additional band members (backup singers, Pino etc). Not selling out the shows could have an effect on future tours, and if he wants to go through the trouble. As for the prices being too expensive, Depeche Mode tickets are even more expensive and they are playing the same arena's and selling out without a problem

Avarik
10-20-2013, 05:58 PM
If you're implying that everyone who disagrees with you is so obsessed with anything and everything Trent does that they can see no flaw in this tour, then I see no reason to continue a conversation about it with you.
If you're saying heroicraptor specifically eats Trent's excrement, I'll just laugh in your face about your post.

That is exactly how I feel about Trent's fanbase. Tell me some words about how I'm wrong.
The opposition to my argument is that people think female vocals accent Trent's vocals in a positive way, and somehow add to the experience. I don't feel that way about it.
I also feel that a couple women standing there doing nothing really takes away from the energy that Nine Inch Nails live is.

I guess Trent really is old and I'm gonna have to accept that.

also - say it to my face and not the internet and see what happens bro

sick among the pure
10-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Another thing is this isn't a barebones live show where he doesnt have to pay a lot for production etc. I am sure this is costing TR a lot for the production and the additional band members (backup singers, Pino etc).

Exactly why I, while annoyed by the price, understood the cost and kept the bitching to a minimum. If I didn't want to support the tour, I wouldn't have. As an artist, I understand Trent wanting to do everything he can to have his art come across as best as possible, so that it feels right and true to his artistic vision. I also understand that sometimes that means spending a lot more money than you'd otherwise want to.
To me, it's worth it. To other people, it's not. And as long as everyone understands that opinions are just that, everything's fine.

Leviathant
10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
I've hit a few tours (http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=253) in my day. Even during the Fragility tour, the arenas weren't selling out. The press releases said they sold out, and maybe every last ticket got sold (including tickets scalpers bought and didn't manage to sell) but there have been empty seats at every single arena NIN show I've been to. General admission always looks half empty because they limit the number of tickets allowed in GA. If it weren't for the crush towards the stage when NIN played, if everyone gave each other a little room, the floor would look full, the way it does when the show is over and everyone is leaving.

I watched arena crowds dwindle over the years. It made me a little sad, but when you don't have the promotional backing of a larger music organization, you're going to mostly reach your core audience, which, while faithful, will only serve to shrink if that's all you cater to.

These shows? Barclay's looked full compared to previous tours. Newark was full too. DC wasn't as full as those two, but these have been the largest crowds I've seen since the Fragility tour.

Another thing to consider regarding the reports that the production doesn't match up to Lights in the Sky is that the production basically wasn't all finished when the tour started. Malechite was at the first show, and when he was standing next to me at the Brooklyn show, he audibly gasped "Woah" when In Two started. He mentioned that the displays on several of the songs weren't there before, and it had basically been the band with colored lights and smoke machines. As a programmer with tight deadlines, I sympathize with the "Launch it now, make it perfect later" approach it appears had to be taken. While that meant the first few dates weren't getting the fully experience, no one is leaving the shows now thinking, "Lights in the Sky was better than that." I think the most negative I've heard was "I don't like the new album, so I was bummed so much material from that was played." (this will be countered in years to come by the newbies who wish they had the opportunity to see the more obscure tracks performed live by this lineup)

I took my four bandmates to see the DC show. None of them had seen NIN, except one of the guys who was at the Phoenix Lollapalooza show back in 1991, where they played about 2.5 songs before everything burnt out. When the show was over, they were all pretty much stunned. "That show was so... dynamic." "I'm still processing what I just saw." "They just went to work. Alright, I'm done with the drums, on to piano. Okay, put rock out on guitar, then play an erhu." etc. etc.

It's an expensive show, but it's pretty much like nothing else you'll ever see.

jessamineny
10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
I also feel that a couple women standing there doing nothing really takes away from the energy that Nine Inch Nails live is.

This is the most uninformed bit you've posted yet on the subject. (emphasis mine)

nooneimportant
10-20-2013, 06:54 PM
The opposition to my argument is that people think female vocals accent Trent's vocals in a positive way, and somehow add to the experience. I don't feel that way about it.

I don't think you have paid any attention to what's been going on.

icecream
10-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I agree with everyone here about the ticket prices being too high. Aren't we in the middle of a recession? I was lucky to be working a job with pretty much unlimited hours so I just took an extra weekend shift to justify paying 96$ for seats across the arena. In fact, I almost didn't even go and I love NIN. I don't think casual fans would have payed 96$ to sit where I am sitting. But, on a side note, I don't think Everything as a song put casual fans off. I don't think people who only know Closer, Hurt and/or Hand That Feeds would have thought that the song was all that strange for NIN.

icecream
10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH bro.... I love it when people say bro without irony. Are you one of those guys that yells, "Play fuck you like and animal" during a show?

Avarik
10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Still haven't had anyone explain to me why Tension is so good. All I'm seeing is how much of a faggot I am and bro and lol irony

I'm only half-trolling. I do actually not like the female vocals but that's unacceptable to the NIN community I have found out.

halo33
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
2 cents.

I went to 8 shows on this tour so far. At every stop, I have met people who told me that it was their first time seeing NIN.

Ever.

And I am not talking about 15 year olds. People all over the age spectrum, either just discovering them now, or finally getting around to seeing them after hearing from their friends what an amazing live show it was.

As Levi mentioned, TR never really "sold out" every arena show. Hell, even the first Self Destruct show I went to wasnt even close to selling out. But that has never prevented him from putting on a great show.

Trent has always dealt with people jumping on and off his bandwagon and I am sure will continue to do so as long as he decides to have a career.

Krazy
10-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Still haven't had anyone explain to me why Tension is so good. All I'm seeing is how much of a faggot I am and bro and lol irony

I'm only half-trolling. I do actually not like the female vocals but that's unacceptable to the NIN community I have found out.

Go see it- no one really had to explain why LITS, or Fragility, or the 2006 summer tour was so good. If you don't like it after that fair enough, you don't like it.

I dont think anyone gone called you a homo. I'm with you on the female back-ups though, it ends up working OK but I prefer live NIN without it, kinda feel its unnecessary.

fishtifer
10-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm only going to one show this time around, I wonder if other fans are doing the same? When the Tension dates were first announced I was excited and considered 2-3 shows in Canada but then I thought back to the Lights In The Sky tour and how much money I spent going to 4 shows, only to see a couple of songs get switched around. It started off with Edmonton/Calgary, but then Trent did the whole "curtain call" thing on nin.com later that year saying this would be the last time you'd see a large production NIN tour. I went to Kelowna/Victoria after that, only to see the same show and songs while hoping they'd play some rare stuff and switch it up a little. The open camera policy kind of ruined the NIN live experience for me too, way too many shows in HD quality on my dvd shelves and on my computer (I would keep downloading them looking for the perfectly captured show with the perfect setlist from the tour I was at), now I'm still sick to death of the Lights In The Sky and Wave Goodbye tour footage. I'm trying not to do the same thing with the beautiful HD festival shows from this year.

I was really thankful for the Wave Goodbye tour, the Toronto show was the perfect "last NIN show" for me, I finally got to see some gems like Now I'm Nothing, Heresy, I Do Not Want This and Mr.Self Destruct and met Trent and the band at the meet and greet. Now NIN is back, and fans are excited that The Wretched and The Big Comedown got played? I was really hoping they'd keep playing a few rare gems on this tour, oh well maybe next summer they'll do another North American tour in amphitheatres or clubs and play Happiness In Slavery for me.

m15a
10-20-2013, 08:31 PM
i can confirm that the NYC (MSG) fragility 2.0 show didn't *really* sell out. i was alone in a section with a few my friends and some ushers. :D and that was a show that supposedly sold out in 2 minutes. (i wasn't able to process tickets until after about 30 minutes. ahh, the good old days!)

sick among the pure
10-20-2013, 08:37 PM
I went to Kelowna/Victoria after that, only to see the same show and songs while hoping they'd play some rare stuff and switch it up a little.

Not sure if you've been following the setlists, but these shows have a much looser set from night to night than LITS. A lot of songs switched out, every single night, you honestly don't know what's going to come next after the opening 3 songs or so. Alternatively, the 2 shows I went to for LITS had song-for-song the same setlist, except the second night cut one song out (so it was one song shorter).
I hadn't heard The Wretched until the Wave Goodbye club shows, and hadn't heard Me, I'm Not until the Made In America festival this year.

Krazy
10-20-2013, 08:37 PM
i can confirm that the NYC (MSG) fragility 2.0 show didn't *really* sell out. i was alone in a section with a few my friends and some ushers. :D and that was a show that supposedly sold out in 2 minutes. (i wasn't able to process tickets until after about 30 minutes. ahh, the good old days!)

I remember when I didn't care if a show sold out or not (wether NIN or another band), just went there for the fun of it.

Honestly dont know know why I care about attendance numbers these days- best guess is to see how relevant my favorite band/musician is I suppose.

sick among the pure
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Still haven't had anyone explain to me why Tension is so good.

You want someone to take your hand and spoon-feed you why we are enjoying a tour that you're shitting all over without having gone to a show yet? Go in the tour journals and read people's reviews. Nobody owes you an explanation beyond what we've already said in this topic.

icecream
10-20-2013, 08:45 PM

No one called you a faggot... I just find your whole attitude kinda hilarious. The whole, "say it to my face bro" kinda thing. Then add the part where you imagined people called you a fag on the internet, you are acting like the college bro archetype - "Say it to my face bro, come at me bro. I'm not a fag dude, what the fuck bro."

Leviathant
10-21-2013, 09:14 AM

Hi, I run this place. Who called you a faggot?

You are welcome to your opinion, but don't troll my shit. Not even half.

Arkadin
10-21-2013, 09:38 AM
The people who were around during TDS are now pushing 40 or little older. That means many won't go to a show without a partner, which takes the price over $200. Plus babysitter costs (if you can find one) and work responsibilities if the show takes place mid-week. And many of these are people who have seen NIN multiple times, so the urge to go might not be there.

Nine Inch Nails isn't really at the (U2, Springsteen, McCartney, Stones, Roger Waters) stage where they have plenty of older fans with disposable income.

Many of the younger people (did I just say "younger people") can't afford it. In my day, a NIN ticket at a college town arena show in 1994 was about $25.

That being said, I would like to see a list of bands that could sell out an arena tour like this.

nineismine
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM

Uh oh! We got some internet thuggery going on guys.

pigpen
10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Tension 2013 is alright. I was more impressed with the fall 2005 WT tour, to be honest..
There's an energy that's missing now, I think. Like, instead of running, jumping, falling, screaming, etc.
They decided to put up big screens and cool visuals, and while that's awesome, I just felt less compelled
by this tour than I have with ones in the past. The additions are great, love the backup singers and the sax, but kind of miss
the aggression.
That said, Tension2013 was definitely worth attending.

JonCh101
10-21-2013, 11:36 AM
NIN has been my favorite band since TDS im 32. I have been to more concerts than I can recall but for various reasons I've never seen NIN live. When he said he was going to tour again I was ecstatic. Problem is that I live in Cincinnati OH, the plan was and maybe still is to see them in Nashville. BUT....the most I have ever paid for a concert ticket was $150...for 3 days of Woodstock 99. Trent wants me to pay $118 for one show...and I have to pay for my gas/hotel room. Yea I could get a cheaper ticket, but then why go through all the effort of getting there just to sit in the nosebleeds. If I'm going to sit that far away I might as well wait for the Blu Ray concert release.

Maybe I want to take my GF...add another $118 to that. It's the price folks, if a diehard fan is second guessing going then do the math. $80 should have been the price for pit then go down from there.

brokenfragility
10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Tension 2013 is alright. I was more impressed with the fall 2005 WT tour, to be honest..
There's an energy that's missing now, I think. Like, instead of running, jumping, falling, screaming, etc.
They decided to put up big screens and cool visuals, and while that's awesome, I just felt less compelled
by this tour than I have with ones in the past. The additions are great, love the backup singers and the sax, but kind of miss
the aggression.
That said, Tension2013 was definitely worth attending.

Well, as I'm sure you know, Trent can't put on that intense-breaking-everything-super-angry show forever. NIN has to adapt with time if it wants to still be around at all, not just because of Trent but because a lot of fans (including myself) have grown a little out of the angsty phase as well. I like what they're doing now (with Hesitation Marks and Tension) its much more mature, I can see myself like 8 years ago hating it though and wondering why Trent isn't smashing everything in sight. There is a part of me that still misses hulk smash Trent though, I will admit it. Overall, I like the new direction. Change happens, and we will always be nostalgic about hulk smash Trent stomping around and rolling on the floor and screaming with no regard to personal health or safety. Those were fun times.

Ash512
10-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Don't know about other shows, but 3 of the 4 shows I went to were jam-packed... Montreal, Toronto, Brooklyn. I don't know if there actually were any tickets left but the whole venue was filled up for sure, no empty section. So I guess it's more of a regional matter...

Price sure didn't help either, $100 is a lot for a single ticket. GA was a little around 60$ last time they were in Montreal.

screwdriver
10-21-2013, 01:13 PM
I thought BK was pretty full too -- I remember looking around during the show and being amazed/surprised/happy by how many people were there, and wondering how so many people can like NIN and yet none of my friends do.

ninsp
10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
1. No rock bands are selling out, no matter what legacy. Muse is all the rage, wasn't sold out. Radiohead, not sold out. Tool doesn't sell out. Nobody does. Hell, I saw Deftones & A7X (ew) the other night and the whole top bowl was tarped off. This is the music climate nowadays. An 80% full arena is a success as a rock band in 2013. Furthermore, Atlanta's top bowl is all sold out and most of all of the San Antonio show is sold out. This tour has been way better attended than LiTS.
2. Expensive tickets.
3. Weird cities. San Antonio but no Dallas or Houston? Brooklyn AND Newark?
4. Economy.

Lights in the Sky had horrible attendance, don't you remember Trent complaining about it? It had no publicity. This show is all over the cities and all the radio, marketed excellent so far.

Attendance has been what I expected. Near sell outs in major cities, 60-70% full in smaller cities.

Bands make their money for missed attendance in clothing and ticket prices. They know there won't be sell ours but they do it because it's the biggest size possible and lets them have a cool stage. Smashing Pumpkins routinely played to half full arenas but Corgan still turns a profit.

It boggles my mind that NIN still can almost sell out arenas. Most bands can't. Shows how relevant we still are.

WorzelG
10-21-2013, 02:11 PM
^^Funnily enough, when you mention other bands, I went with my husband to see Bruce Springsteen at Cardiff Millennium Stadium earlier this year, and he played in about a third or less of the venue with the rest screened off - the stadium has a capacity of about 75,000, but 27,000 or so tickets sold (of course on the wiki entry under box office figures, it says 27,000 or so of 29,000 sold and has it at 90+% full or so, but that's crap because he played to about 50,000 there in 2008. So I guess sometimes figures are doctored to make things look better - of course he played Wembley Stadium and it says that was 100% capacity). If the Boss can't sell out places, who the hell can? Still, the world economy can't be in the shitter for that much longer I hope

Jinsai
10-21-2013, 02:28 PM
love the backup singers and the sax

What the hell?!

There's back up singers and a sax player?!

screwdriver
10-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Still, the world economy can't be in the shitter for that much longer I hope

take it from an inside man -- yes, it can

ryanmcfly
10-21-2013, 02:32 PM

You haven't even seen a show, so I don't see why you can criticize something you haven't experienced yet.

Joy Prevention Hotline
10-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Regarding Tension versus LITS, it does seem (I'll try to choose my words carefully here) "less ambitious" than the '08 shows from a technical production/visual trickery and gadgets standpoint. And it's very fair to compare the two since TR stated this tour will be where they left off with LITS and be the full-on NIN experience (or something to that effect). I've got to say the 2013 lighting and video content is much better though.
My feeling is that they don't have to up the ante on the screen/grids. The three-layer sandwich has a lot of flexibility, and with that as a base (and maybe a few refinements) they can concentrate on the new lighting and video content.

Joy Prevention Hotline
10-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Not sure if you've been following the setlists, but these shows have a much looser set from night to night than LITS. A lot of songs switched out, every single night, you honestly don't know what's going to come next after the opening 3 songs or so. Alternatively, the 2 shows I went to for LITS had song-for-song the same setlist, except the second night cut one song out (so it was one song shorter).
Not to mention that it's gotta be harder to surprise people after all the stuff they pulled out for the Wave Goodbye tour.

And with so much of the set devoted to HM — rightly so in my opinion, since those songs are brand new to all of us and they don't suck — there's a limit to how much of the old stuff they can cram in there. (I am disappointed that he couldn't choose something less predictable from WT and YZ, though.)

WorzelG
10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
...(I am disappointed that he couldn't choose something less predictable from WT and YZ, though.)...
How they can have back-up singers and not play All the Love in the World is beyond me?

BRoswell
10-21-2013, 03:23 PM
There's still over half the tour left. Lots of time for some surprises.

Leviathant
10-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh look. Another comment/thread where billpulsipher is complaining about something.

And instead of ignoring it, you choose to float it back to the top of the page with your off-topic reply. Nice one!

BRoswell
10-21-2013, 03:53 PM
And instead of ignoring it, you choose to float it back to the top of the page with your off-topic reply. Nice one!

Yes, you're right. My mistake.

That other guy
10-21-2013, 04:17 PM
For me:

I dont care if was a sell out , if 1k of 10k people showed up at a NIN show I would be concerned , pricing wise if its worth it , I would pay anything to see a band I really like ( add meet and greets to it , even more worth it.)

ninsp
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Lights in the Sky is likely the best tour ever. This is just something similar but not the same thing. I'm cool with what I've seen of this tour so far. It's not LITS, but it's similar yet different.

I think they're focusing on the music more than they did with LITS (Trent's voice, for example) and I love the sheer musicianship on this tour. The videos I've heard all have new takes on old music, with tight, new, and incredible musicianship. That's the trade off.

pigpen
10-21-2013, 05:20 PM
What the hell?!

There's back up singers and a sax player?!

Yeah man, and Benny Goodman joins TR and friends on stage for a brilliant rendition of Stompin' at the Savoy!

Krazy
10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I think they're focusing on the music more than they did with LITS (Trent's voice, for example).

Trent's voice was absolutely fucked for LITS when he got sick early in the tour. He's not what he once was (not too many people are as age takes a toll), but the time off seems to be ablessing in disguise.

icecream
10-21-2013, 06:24 PM
(I am disappointed that he couldn't choose something less predictable from WT and YZ, though.)
I recall them playing The Line Begins to Blur at the L.A club show right before they took a break to do Tension. Hopefully it replaces THTF or Only as the WT song they play. Doubt it but....

ninsp
10-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Hulk smash Trent would be embarrassing for a guy his age. Let's be honest. I wouldn't mind some guitar smashing, but whatever. I enjoyed the mix he had in With teeth and Lights in the Sky. That's not too much to ask. It's weird too because he's still like "March, pigs!" and stuff. I miss water flying around.

brokenfragility
10-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Hulk smash Trent would be embarrassing for a guy his age. Let's be honest. I wouldn't mind some guitar smashing, but whatever. I enjoyed the mix he had in With teeth and Lights in the Sky. That's not too much to ask. It's weird too because he's still like "March, pigs!" and stuff. I miss water flying around.

Yeah that weirds me out too. I was expecting them to drop songs like MOTP when the festival tour started, and every time I saw in on a stream I was a little meh about it. That song is great with hulk smash Trent, but its not as great with calm-er Trent. He still kinda rocks it out some, but just not enough for the sheer visceral-ness of the song.

jessamineny
10-22-2013, 09:18 AM
MOTP is the quintessential NIN song live. I'll be shocked if he ever drops it. And "he still kinda rocks it out some"?? Have you watched and heard him hit that ending note lately? Holy fuckballs.

The Master
10-24-2013, 04:45 PM

I wouldn't think it would be embarrassing for him. He can do as he likes. But yeah, I wouldn't mind some guitar smashing and some anger either lol. Back during the Fragility 2.0 tour I got some water thrown at me. I had fought and squeezed my way up to the rail from all the way in the middle. It was my first NIN show. :D

m33k
10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
MOTP is the quintessential NIN song live. I'll be shocked if he ever drops it. And "he still kinda rocks it out some"?? Have you watched and heard him hit that ending note lately? Holy fuckballs.

I assume you mean the high pitched squealing "fucking pigs" at the end? I can deal with that but I could really do without the "OHHHH OOooo OOHHhhh Ooooo OOohhhhh oooo ohhh ooo ohh" that's become a staple. Sometimes I wish he'd be a little less predictable with the "live version" of every song. Every "Oh" and "Hey" and "Ooo" is almost always there in the same place, every time.

How this relates to not selling out shows, I don't know.... I guess my comment is as irrelevant to the thread as selling out shows is to what TR's motives for touring probably are.

ninsp
10-25-2013, 08:08 AM
Philips Arena was only half full. Upper bowl was tarped off. Bit disappointing, but the Philips Arena is GIGANTIC, so...it normally seats 21,500 for concerts so half full is still like 11K.

snaapz
10-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Toronto was packed. I consciously did a 360 while standing in GA just to see. And choosing to not listen to an album because of one song is ridiculous.

captainbeyond
10-26-2013, 01:08 AM
And choosing to not listen to an album because of one song is ridiculous.

I have confronted hardcore music fans on Facebook because of their comments dismissing the entire album as if it was all the sound and style of that song. Literally, educated music fans who have good taste have assumed that "Everything" is THE representation of new NIN.

fishtifer
10-26-2013, 09:26 AM
A good friend of mine owns every NIN album but Ghosts which he wouldn't buy because it was all instrumentals. He asked me what Hesitation Marks is supposed to be like before it came out and I said it was more electronic which he didn't like hearing at all. Then he went it bought it, gave it one listen and said it sucks and it's Trent's worst work. I don't think people have the attention span to give different styles an artist goes through a chance anymore, they just want to decide right off he bat is it good or is it bad, then onto the next new album by somebody else. I really had to give the new NIN a few good listens to get used to the change, but I love most of it.

snaapz
10-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Excellent! Also my wife (thank the heavens) loves NIN and TR... she really likes TRs VOX in "everything" and the upbeat nature... and pointed out "well it does kinda get heavy too at that one part". It's one of her fav's from the new album. We both sing along out loud when in the car. I SURVIVVVVVVVVVVVEE EYEYEYEYE EYED... EVERYTHING"

Joy Prevention Hotline
10-26-2013, 02:12 PM
A good friend of mine owns every NIN album but Ghosts which he wouldn't buy because it was all instrumentals. He asked me what Hesitation Marks is supposed to be like before it came out and I said it was more electronic which he didn't like hearing at all. Then he went it bought it, gave it one listen and said it sucks and it's Trent's worst work.
If I was like that, I would have written the album off after hearing Came Back Haunted. The first impression wasn't a good one. But when I heard the album on iTunes CBH was starting to grow on me — and by the time Everything came up I was open to something really different.

My rule in the old days was three listens before I passed judgement on an album.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
While the shows may not be completely sold out, if you go try to buy tickets for remaining Tension shows (as I just did trying to compensate for the Vegas surprise tweet from Rob) you'll see that there are only shitty seats left. Most NIN fans don't want to pay to watch ants blocked by pillars from a million miles away. I'd say they did pretty damn well selling this show. Did anyone see the video of Jesus and so on from Kanye's first show of his arena tour this week in Seattle? In the background you can see empty seats in the first several seating rows. And his album was quite well received.

HurtinMinorKey
10-26-2013, 06:00 PM
It's true that the GA (floor) seats remained expensive, but there were a lot of cheap seats available in the last two weeks before the BOS and NY shows. Some going as low as $40. I was tracking things on StubHub just for shit of it. Looks like the ticket prices spiked up right after the tickets went on sale, then started a slow slide after the release of the album. Although the floor seats didn't change much in price.

m15a
10-26-2013, 06:23 PM
It's true that the GA (floor) seats remained expensive, but there were a lot of cheap seats available in the last two weeks before the BOS and NY shows. Some going as low as $40.

i think that's more of an issue with stubhub. i wasn't tracking the boston show, but close to 10% of the brooklyn tickets were available (or at least listed) on stubhub at one point. i dunno what's normal, but that certainly seems weird to me. it seemed like that kept demand really high up until a few days before the concert, and then supply was really high. i'm sure some tickets sold for way over the ticket price, while some sold for way under . . not sure what that means for the profits of NIN and the venue.

but i know some concerts were really different. raleigh floor tickets were available on ticketmaster at least a few weeks before the show.

While the shows may not be completely sold out, if you go try to buy tickets for remaining Tension shows (as I just did trying to compensate for the Vegas surprise tweet from Rob) you'll see that there are only shitty seats left.

definitely keep an eye on (and post on) the relevant threads here and on forum.nin.com. if it's anything like previous shows, you have a reasonable chance of finding someone with a spare ticket. the only thing is that you might need to make travel plans before you actually find a ticket.

HurtinMinorKey
10-26-2013, 06:33 PM
but i know some concerts were really different.

Definitely true. Cleveland, which had a smaller venue, was definitely more stable when it came to prices over time.

gorny540
10-26-2013, 09:58 PM
NIN haven't been a sure thing to sell out arenas for over 15 years now, they still easily pull 8-10K each stop which is still quite impressive, but for them to sell out arenas/big amphitheaters they need to be paired with a pretty big band as well, thats why the NIN/JA tour looked close to sold out at every show opposed to LITS or Tension

Joy Prevention Hotline
10-26-2013, 10:23 PM
While the shows may not be completely sold out, if you go try to buy tickets for remaining Tension shows (as I just did trying to compensate for the Vegas surprise tweet from Rob) you'll see that there are only shitty seats left. Most NIN fans don't want to pay to watch ants blocked by pillars from a million miles away.
For all we know, they expected ticket sales would be soft because that's the way the business is these days. I keep hearing about bands who start panicking and slash ticket prices or even give them away. Perhaps TR doesn't consider it a failure if some of the cheap seats don't sell.

I noticed in a YouTube video from an upper level vantage point that the lighting "islands" blocked the view of Ilan (and probably the whole rear screen) when they were all the way down.

Tyson
10-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care about the visuals. Sure, LITS was awesome, as was all of the other visuals of previous shows, but it's not why I go to a NIN show. It's great that there's something there to give you that extra bit of immersion, but I feel the lights should complement the music. I think LITS kinda had the lights taking center stage at some moments. I love to see the stuff as much as anyone else, but at the end of the day I'm there for the music. Which is why I'd much rather see another Wave Goodbye style tour with a very random set list from night to night over a very strict, by-the-numbers set list every night that's ultimately restricted by the light show because, "Hey, we'd love to play that rare song you wanna hear, but we don't have a cool light effect cued up for it, so we'll have to stick to the two dozen or so songs that we have kick ass lights for."

All that said, I'm not "let down" by the light show. Of course, it was inevitable that Tension would be compared to LITS. I don't know where you guys heard TR say it was gonna be a continuation of LITS (I can only assume he did, since so many people are referencing it), but I also heard TR specifically say in an interview that because of the whole EDM craze with their insane light shows and stuff that he didn't want it to be a (slight paraphrasing) "Look what awesome gadgets I brought to the show" type thing, and that he was going for something a bit more modest to supplement the music.

With that in mind, I'm happy with the Tension shows thus far. The only nitpick I can muster is, while I love them, I'd really like him to drop the more "wild" songs like MOTP, since, it seems to me, he's going for a more mature, calm, brooding type of atmosphere with the slower songs and back-up singers.

Either way, $125 for two full shows in one night (QOTSA and NIN) is more than fair for me, seeing as how usually everything in Oz is double the American price. And while I love QOTSA about half as much as I do NIN (still a lot), when I made my decision to pay the $125 for the ticket it was based on the fact that NIN was coming to Oz, and this was well before QOTSA was announced as a touring partner, so I was more than prepared to pay the $125 for just NIN.

xolotl
10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
It's great that there's something there to give you that extra bit of immersion, but I feel the lights should complement the music. I think LITS kinda had the lights taking center stage at some moments.

Yeah, I feel much the same way, actually. I thought LITS was awesome, but honestly it was a bit too gadgety. Sure, it's cool that they can clear off pixels by having someone walk out with a flashlight, and controlling a drum machine in Echoplex from the main screen was nifty, but I too would rather have a show which put the focus squarely on the music rather than the cool effects. Which is to say, the Tension shows are amazing precisely because they cut back on the "interactivity" which many other folks might be missing. Not that I can't understand someone who might be a bit let down by the apparent simplification of the light show, but personally I prefer it that way.

(Though I must say that the LITS lighting during the YZ/Ghosts section, where the drums are offstage and they're just in a line in front of the screen, remains some of my favorite NIN lighting effects - that shit was awesome.)

captainbeyond
10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
(Though I must say that the LITS lighting during the YZ/Ghosts section, where the drums are offstage and they're just in a line in front of the screen, remains some of my favorite NIN lighting effects - that shit was awesome.)

That would be the only thing I would have really liked to see on this tour. Two Ghost-style songs with those visuals and instrument setup, then followed by "Me, I'm Not" and "Sanctified" for the electronic section in front of the screen. I could do without "Satellite" and "Running" in exchange for that.

matt925
10-28-2013, 11:54 AM
All I know is, for LITS I had no problem getting floor tickets for two shows through ticket master. The time for the staples center, I failed on both presales, and even though I was logged 30 minutes before the regular sale, I ended up with shitty upper level seats. I was shocked that they sold so many tickets that fast. They aren't a mega band like U2 or the Rolling Stones who can do multiple nights in the same arena, or even stadium shows. Frankly I was surprised they were named as headliners for the festival shows. I figured they'd be the "b" act for festivals.

So it seems like its going pretty well.

Halo Infinity
10-28-2013, 10:44 PM
When I think about how Killing Joke and Ministry are doing, this doesn't phase me at all.

(That was just to name two random big influences on NIN, and they also still seem to be doing just fine if you consider how their records sell these days, so NIN is obviously way, way, way in the clear as far as both record sales and concert ticket sales go. I also hope it wasn't an awful example, but I hope it still helped.) :p

littlemonkey613
10-29-2013, 08:38 PM
How they can have back-up singers and not play All the Love in the World is beyond me?

It's so fucked up! No excuse on the planet would satisfy me.

Also @matt925 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=543), I think they headline festivals because they are a really hard act to follow. When it comes to festival line ups its not always about popularity but how well a band can hold an audience. For instance I have a hard time imagining anyone at Outside Lands following the show he put on. The sound was incredible. There is also the fact that often at festivals people get headliner spots out of reverence and respect for an older artist or some shit. Namsayin?

DrFink
10-30-2013, 12:42 AM
The show in Colorado is sold out. I got an email from the local rock station saying they were going to be running a radio contest to win tickets to the sold out NIN show.

Krazy
10-30-2013, 11:49 PM
The show in Colorado is sold out. I got an email from the local rock station saying they were going to be running a radio contest to win tickets to the sold out NIN show.

Thats a small venue, not surprising just like the LV shows.

Some people are referring to places like Detroit, Atlanta, Nashville, Penn State, Raleigh, etc that sold poorly and eventually cut off the top sections and sent those buyers to the lower bowl. On the flip side they have some great selling shows like LA, St. Paul, and Toronto (seriously- never knew NIN was in such demand there :) )

Goin to the Phoenix show that's selling like poo- wonder how that crowds gonna be. Oh well. Honestly looks OK from afar comparing to some other arena acts that are charging a lot less for their tix.

ZASmusic
10-31-2013, 11:36 AM
The Brooklyn show was packed to the rafters.

botley
10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
TR even commented from the stage about how packed the ACC was in Toronto.

The Master
10-31-2013, 12:12 PM
What's the cheapest price anyone has seen tickets being sold for on the day of the show?

mooney138
11-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Orlando Tension was my 8th NIN show and the only NIN show I have attended that was not 100% sold out. Granted, it was the largest venue of all 8 shows (~18,000 capacity). On to Vegas!

icecream
11-02-2013, 12:50 PM
After reading some of the comments, I didn't realize LITS had so many tickets that went unsold. The show I went to was the fastest show to sell out at that venue ever, (until Elton John came a few years later). Granted, it only seats about 9,000 at the very most. Though, my ticket was also 20$ cheaper five years ago than it was this time around, (in roughly the same spot in different arenas). Maybe NIN just can't draw a crowd like in could a few years ago.

Lastentrance
06-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Surprised to hear this, I heard London was sold out and saw NIN at Primavera where they probably had the 2nd most dense show at the festival following arcade fire. Maybe NIN headline festivals cause they have a lot of casual fans not willing to pay for shows. Everyone loves Closer and HLAH...

icklekitty
06-19-2014, 10:25 AM
London was full but I don't think it sold out if that makes sense.

TheBang
06-19-2014, 03:13 PM
If you want to see a not-sold-out show, just look at the interactive seat map for the upcoming Sacramento show:

http://concerts.livenation.com/event/1C004C9CCFB48BBC?tm_link=search_msg-0_1C004C9CCFB48BBC&crosssite=TM_US:735762:229440

FeelBetterINC
06-19-2014, 03:21 PM
If you want to see a not-sold-out show, just look at the interactive seat map for the upcoming Sacramento show:

http://concerts.livenation.com/event/1C004C9CCFB48BBC?tm_link=search_msg-0_1C004C9CCFB48BBC&crosssite=TM_US:735762:229440

Looks like that place has a bunch more seats than in Camden. Camden still has seats available but they're all in the 2nd level. 1st level was sold out almost immediately day of. I know a bunch were prob resellers, but with the nin.com presale fiasco I'd assume MOST were legit NIN fans.

I had to get mine through Soundgardens presale. I friggin wish I knew about it before I spent 15 mins trying to get through to nin's. I'm not overly pissed. I have 100 level seats, but my friends and I wanted PIT. Ah well. I plan on spending most of my time in the lawn anyway during soundgarden and wont even show up to my seats until NIN.

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 03:54 PM

they definitely oversaturated themselves.

Krazy
06-19-2014, 03:56 PM
After reading some of the comments, I didn't realize LITS had so many tickets that went unsold. The show I went to was the fastest show to sell out at that venue ever, (until Elton John came a few years later). Granted, it only seats about 9,000 at the very most. Though, my ticket was also 20$ cheaper five years ago than it was this time around, (in roughly the same spot in different arenas). Maybe NIN just can't draw a crowd like in could a few years ago.

I realize this is an old post, but what LITS show were you referring to? Just kind of curious...

Im on a phone ight now so can't do the interactive thing. Last time fiddling around the worst selling one to my eyeballs was the one near Boston.

Overall id say sales are pretty good for this summe tour- don't have numbers to back it up but seems to be selling better than Tension. Amphitheaters are typically huge (an average ampitheater seats more than average arena) and many sections of the arenas for Tension were closed off (i.e. uppers of Phoenix, half of Spokane, etc.)

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Im on a phone ight now so can't do the interactive thing. Last time fiddling around the worst selling one to my eyeballs was the one near Boston.

Put it in perspective for you, you can buy A PAIR of 8th row 1st tier seats for face value right now from ticketmaster. Expanding into sactown = worst decision ever.

jessamineny
06-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Last time I looked, Toronto was totally sold out -- not even lawns available.

WorzelG
06-19-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't really understand South America personally, it's like the crowds are incredible, really into it, and massive from the looks of the Brazil Lollapalooza footage, yet can't get people to go to headlining shows

icecream
06-19-2014, 07:15 PM
I realize this is an old post, but what LITS show were you referring to? Just kind of curious...
A couple people mentioned it earlier in the thread. Too lazy to find it myself. I was just going by what they said, they could be completely wrong.

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 07:30 PM

I can confirm that demand for the last LITS show in PH was weak with prices on the secondary market about 75% of face value leading up to the show.

Krazy
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
I can confirm that demand for the last LITS show in PH was weak with prices on the secondary market about 75% of face value leading up to the show.

I went to that show and it was packed- PH was one of the smaller venues for LITS. Not uncommon for tickets to be sold under face right before shows, people just wanna get something for them at that point. I had extras for Tool at PH back in 2010 and nearly gave them away.

I made the mistake of letting someone else get the tickets to that one (never again)- they procrastinated and we ended up getting shitty seats all the way in back, underneath the balcony. About half way through one of the girls we were with ended up going around to different ushers, asking about seats. One of them let us sit in some empty handicapped ones, right of stage at the back of one of the 100's section.

My experience with LITS as far as attendance:

- Lollapalooza: not sure how to judge this one
- LA: guessing about 1/3 to 75% full. What a crap hole The Forum is, don't care how much history is there with the Lakers that place should be set on fire. Dump near the ghetto.
- Minneapolis, Target Center: packed, don't recall seeing many empty seats if any
- LV, PH: packed

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
I went to that show and it was packed- PH was one of the smaller venues for LITS. Not uncommon for tickets to be sold under face right before shows, people just wanna get something for them at that point. I had extras for Tool at PH back in 2010 and nearly gave them away.

It was probably packed cuz scalpers took a beating unloading tickets for way under face. Not like, the days leading up to the show but the WEEKS leading up to the show.

I had tickets for that same show (tool 2010) and we both done fucked up. The tix were so available leading up to the show that ticket prices were dogshit, and then the week before the show it all of a sudden sold out and ticket prices skyrocketed. Unless you're saying that you had to give them away on the day of, in which case don't know what to say there. Possible I got my venue + date wrong, but I'm positive it was Tool in LV as I unloaded my tix for cheap and then ate my shit when I changed my mind a few weeks later.

//edit

My bad, I was referring to the 2012 show @ Mandalay Bay. Didn't go to PH in 2010, went to Nokia instead (at a whopping $220/ticket).

Me and you, we go to the same shows.

Krazy
06-19-2014, 07:59 PM
And regarding the LITS PH show- one of the cool things was on the flight out of LV the next day. Two seperate groups of people (one in front of me and another rows behind) were just gushing over the show. Was really cool to hear the discussions of "OMG, that NIN show last night- I've never seen anything like it!!!" and listening to non-NIN fans talk about it, explaining the show and visuals. Just sat back with a grin on my face thinking about how many people would've enjoyed this tour no matter what they think of the band.

Krazy
06-19-2014, 08:07 PM
I had tickets for that same show (tool 2010) and we both done fucked up. The tix were so available leading up to the show that ticket prices were dogshit, and then the week before the show it all of a sudden sold out and ticket prices skyrocketed.

My situation was this: OK, Tool playing a smaller venue (non arena) in LV- got my tickets, then saw some better seats and bought those. No problem, should sell out quick and can dump them cheap on Stubhub. Days go by and looking at TM thinking "oh shit- this show is selling like dog shit..."

The odd part is the Tool PH show earlier this year sold out right away, not sure why a few years and no albums later (heh) made such a difference.

Anyways glad to be going back to PH- even if it is in Vegas- excellent venue to watch a show and has good acoustics.

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 08:16 PM
And regarding the LITS PH show- one of the cool things was on the flight out of LV the next day. Two seperate groups of people (one in front of me and another rows behind) were just gushing over the show. Was really cool to hear the discussions of "OMG, that NIN show last night- I've never seen anything like it!!!" and listening to non-NIN fans talk about it, explaining the show and visuals. Just sat back with a grin on my face thinking about how many people would've enjoyed this tour no matter what they think of the band.

Hell yeah, LITS got me into the band. Before the September show @ the forum, I actually was not into NIN at all. Someone gave me the TDS CD and I was just WTF. Based on reputation alone, I went to NIN @ Forum and was so blown away I bought tix to LV as soon as I found out. Now I'm here...a semi functional addict.

You going to PH in July too eh? From Mil??? You going to relive 2008 and make it to LA too? lol

Krazy
06-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Hell yeah, LITS got me into the band. Before the September show @ the forum, I actually was not into NIN at all. Someone gave me the TDS CD and I was just WTF. Based on reputation alone, I went to NIN @ Forum and was so blown away I bought tix to LV as soon as I found out. Now I'm here...a semi functional addict.

You going to PH in July too eh? From Mil??? You going to relive 2008 and make it to LA too? lol

Yup, going to PH- really a no-brainer since I've got a friend from Milwaukee that lives in Vegas. I'm lucky in the fact that I travel a shit ton for work so the major expenses (air fare, hotel, rental car) are basically free. Red Rocks is a must-see venue, then it's a short 2 hour drive from Milwaukee to the Illinois venue.

Most likely no LA for me though. Will see how much I like this tour and figure out if I wanna go to any of the later ones- I heard there's some awesome tickets left for Sacramento so that's a possibility!!!! :O

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Most likely no LA for me though. Will see how much I like this tour and figure out if I wanna go to any of the later ones- I heard there's some awesome tickets left for Sacramento so that's a possibility!!!! :O

Downside: going to Sacramento

Krazy
06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Downside: going to Sacramento

Downside of traveling: traveling anywhere during vacation. Seriously- just wanna sit on my but, hit some golf balls into trees and curse about it, have some beers in the evening, sleep til noon. Repeat for week or so. Opening the NIN tour is one exception :-D

Won't bitch about it. Sorry for the thread derail, carry on folks.

TheRealNs1
06-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Downside of traveling: traveling anywhere during vacation. Seriously- just wanna sit on my but, hit some golf balls into trees and curse about it, have some beers in the evening, sleep til noon. Repeat for week or so. Opening the NIN tour is one exception :-D

Won't bitch about it. Sorry for the thread derail, carry on folks.

I'm coming back from India on 7/18 (~24 hours plane ride) and hopping on a plane the next day to head to LV for 3 days of R&R. I feel yah bro ;)

icecream
06-19-2014, 09:44 PM
That's awesome. The most recent time I saw NIN, I had to ferry over. On the ride back, there were so many NIN shirts. Pretty sure we could have hijacked the boat and started a NIN pirate ship.

WorzelG
06-20-2014, 07:01 AM
I was looking around at the 'big' tours like Lady Gaga to see if those sorts of tours are big sell outs as a comparison, and I don't think they're doing brilliantly either - in this link
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArtRave:_The_Artpop_Ball looking at the figures of sales at the bottom it's written to make it sound like a sell out but when you check venue capacity there's actually a disparity. Example, Atlanta the venue is 21000 or so capacity, tickets sold 10000 or so written as if the number sold was the capacity. unless they changed the format of the venue or somebody is lying on Wikipedia!

Miley Cyrus Bangerz tour
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangerz_Tour#Shows
London 02 says she sold 12000 or so out of. 16000, yet 02 capacity is 20000 or so?? A review in the Telegraph says it was packed??

sick among the pure
06-20-2014, 07:39 AM
I was looking around at the 'big' tours like Lady Gaga to see if those sorts of tours are big sell outs as a comparison, and I don't think they're doing brilliantly either - in this link
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArtRave:_The_Artpop_Ball looking at the figures of sales at the bottom it's written to make it sound like a sell out but when you check venue capacity there's actually a disparity. Example, Atlanta the venue is 21000 or so capacity, tickets sold 10000 or so written as if the number sold was the capacity. unless they changed the format of the venue or somebody is lying on Wikipedia!

Miley Cyrus Bangerz tour
London 02 says she sold 12000 or so out of. 16000, yet 02 capacity is 20000 or so?? A review in the Telegraph says it was packed??

Is the venue capacity for that setup (where 1/3 or so of the seats are blocked off because they're behind or next to the stage area) or of the entire venue (if the full floor was being utilized, like for a hockey game)?

WorzelG
06-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Is the venue capacity for that setup (where 1/3 or so of the seats are blocked off because they're behind or next to the stage area) or of the entire venue (if the full floor was being utilized, like for a hockey game)?
Might be but there's no way of knowing. I don't even know where you'd get the figures from in the first place

icecream
06-20-2014, 08:35 AM

Miley Cyrus Bangerz tour
I remember reading there were some stadiums half full for Kanye's Yeezus tour too. Maybe it's harder to sell out large production tours because of the ticket cost?

Krazy
06-20-2014, 01:02 PM
I remember reading there were some stadiums half full for Kanye's Yeezus tour too. Maybe it's harder to sell out large production tours because of the ticket cost?

I recall reading about the KC show, thought it was only about 3500 but Google says about 4500:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/kanye-west-yeezus-tour-kansas-city-only-4500-seats-19000-arena/

And ticket costs will definitely have an impact on sales. But any good or popular or high production arena act won't be cheap- Tension pricing was pretty average after I started to look at what other bands were charging.

FULLMETAL
06-20-2014, 01:42 PM
In terms of "sellouts" for a particular show, the overall seating capacity of a venue is generally based on a sports configuration and not various stage setups. The promoters seem to list the number of available tickets as a criteria for a "sellout," but they will often black out upper tiers or sections to decrease supply until they're close to selling out the show. Then, they'll open up sections if there's still demand for tickets.

Here's a great example from that Billboard 2005 magazine: Paul McCartney & NIN both played at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. The stage config for NIN had 9,500 seats available and they sold 8,819. The stage configuration for PMC had 16,515 seats available and they sold all of them (ranging in price from $250 down to $49).

sick among the pure
06-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Proof that Toronto sells out every fucking time, but do they get a 2-show run? Or even a second show close by? :|

WorzelG
06-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Proof that Toronto sells out every fucking time, but do they get a 2-show run? Or even a second show close by? :|
Even though I'm from the UK, I've been thinking about where to go to see NIN in the US / Canada if they tour again in a few years and do a big Tension style show. My husband says he wants to go to Nova Scotia at some point and that seems quite near Toronto so that's a possibility, or I'd get the family on a visit to Disneyland and see a few shows in Florida or go to New York. That's definitely on the agenda next tour, still gutted to have missed the While I'm Still Here / Black Noise thing

otnavuskire
06-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Even though I'm from the UK, I've been thinking about where to go to see NIN in the US / Canada if they tour again in a few years and do a big Tension style show. My husband says he wants to go to Nova Scotia at some point and that seems quite near Toronto so that's a possibility, or I'd get the family on a visit to Disneyland and see a few shows in Florida or go to New York. That's definitely on the agenda next tour, still gutted to have missed the While I'm Still Here / Black Noise thing

Nova Scotia is not close to Toronto at all.

WorzelG
06-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Nova Scotia is not close to Toronto at all.
I could have sworn there was some Canadian city that NIN had played somewhere in the vicinity of Nova Scotia? I did notice Portland isn't TOO far and that is where I've seen they play sometimes

jessamineny
06-20-2014, 04:12 PM
You're probably thinking of Portland, Oregon. Not Portland, Maine. Two opposite coasts of the country.

Things also probably look closer on a map than they really are. The state of Texas alone is larger than all of France, for instance.

elevenism
06-20-2014, 04:18 PM

There isn't really shit to do in Oklahoma, and as a Texan, i'm legally obligated to hate it...HOWEVER...
if they ever play the BOK center in Tulsa again, i will damn sure be there.
It's a mid sized venue instead of a sports stadium, and it's where i saw LITS.
There wasn't a bad seat in the house.

m15a
06-20-2014, 04:32 PM
I could have sworn there was some Canadian city that NIN had played somewhere in the vicinity of Nova Scotia? I did notice Portland isn't TOO far and that is where I've seen they play sometimes

Noooooo. Do not that make the mistake of going to the wrong Portland. Saddest trip ever. ;) (Similarly, Disney World is in Florida and Disneyland is in California . . I don't know the difference.)

You might have been thinking about Montreal rather than Toronto, but your best bet is to judge more on airfare than on distance unless you want to go on a big road trip (or really like trains). From Europe, NYC is usually a safe choice, and you can usually get 2 or even 3 shows in. Because there are multiple shows, tickets are usually easier to get, too.

Krazy
06-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Noooooo. Do not that make the mistake of going to the wrong Portland. Saddest trip ever.

If you're gonna make that mistake, there's always...

http://www.acadiamagic.com/hdr/photos/maine-lobster-01.jpg

But yeah, for the people overseas be careful- there's a lot of cities in the US that share names. Perfect example with Portland like someone said, they're completely on opposite coasts and 3 time zone difference. You don't really want to drive from one to the other. 47 hour drive according to Google maps, lol.

implanted_microchip
06-20-2014, 05:52 PM

Just gotta let you know, Disneyland is in California, Disney World is in Florida. I myself don't mind these kinds of mistakes but there's an odd group of people in Florida that act like Disney World is the most important thing on Earth and mistaking the two could also cost you a really weird booking on a travel site. Also that's not a bad choice at all; they're almost always near Orlando, last year there was an Orlando date and this there's the Tampa one which is a very short drive from Orlando.

icecream
06-20-2014, 06:31 PM
If you want to catch NIN, maybe go to Montreal. You could easily see them three times depending where they play. Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto. It's still far from N.S but most things are. If they do pull out a random show in say New Brunswick or even N.S, that would be possible. But the east coast is a long drive from Ontario/Quebec. Google says 12.5 hours from Halifax N.S to Montreal. I have never been to Montreal, but I would love to.

You could go to Alberta and catch shows in Edmonton and Calgary. But then you would be in the Texas of Canada, (sorry Albertan ETS).

On the West coast there are Victoria (my home), Vancouver, Seattle and Portland in the States. They played Victoria once during LITS but I doubt they will go again. Leaving Van, Seattle and Portland which are all very beautiful cities.

FULLMETAL
06-20-2014, 09:04 PM

If you have to be near Nova Scotia, then I think shows close to Montreal, Boston, and New York would be your best bet for ease of travel. Florida usually gets two shows back to back, so if you're thinking about Disney World (or Universal Studios) it's pretty easy to schedule theme park time around the concerts.

I'm sure folks would be more than willing to help you out if and when new dates are announced.

Krazy
06-20-2014, 09:26 PM
The best resource is Billboard's Boxscore report: http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore I'll update this post if I find more data.

Rank
Artist/Event
Venue
City/State
Event Dates
Gross Sales
Attend/
Capacity
Shows/
Sellouts
Prices
Promoters

Nine Inch Nails, Cold Cave
Hallenstadion
Zurich, Switzerland
June 4, 2014
$262,903
4,550 / 10,500
1 / 0
$77.98, $66.84
abc Production

Nine Inch Nails
Phones 4u Arena
Manchester, U.K.
May 25, 2014
$386,818
6,598 / 8,542
1 / 0
$67.30, $50.47
Kilimanjaro Live/AEG Live

Nine Inch Nails
O2 Arena
London, U.K.
May 23, 2014
$742,227
11,785 / 13,943
1 / 0
$71.73, $54.85

Queens of the Stone Age & Nine Inch Nails, Brody Dalle
CBS Canterbury Arena
Christchurch, New Zealand
March 22, 2014
$714,899
6,752 / 8,211
1 / 0
$106.76, $89.68
Frontier Touring Co.

Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Brisbane, Australia
March 17, 2014
$855,292
8,221 / 9,759
1 / 0
$112.83, $94.78
Frontier Touring Co.

Rod Laver Arena
Melbourne, Australia
March 14-15, 2014
$1,807,870
17,210 / 18,512
2 / 1
$113.10, $95
Frontier Touring Co.

Perth Arena
Perth, Australia
March 11, 2014
$816,934
8,172 / 9,397
1 / 0
$115.41, $97.34
Frontier Touring Co.

Newcastle Entertainment Centre
Newcastle, Australia
March 8, 2014
$568,013
5,430 / 7,445
1 / 0
$113.66, $95.47
Frontier Touring Co./Triple M

Qantas Credit Union Arena
Sydney, Australia
March 6-7, 2014
$1,508,610
14,643 / 17,110
2 / 0
$112.10, $94.16
Frontier Touring Co.

Nine Inch Nails
The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel
Las Vegas, Nev.
Nov. 15-16, 2013
$697,005
8,726 / 8,726
2 / 2
$200, $150, $75
AEG Live

Nine Inch Nails, Explosions In The Sky
Staples Center
Los Angeles, Calif.
Nov. 8, 2013
$1,045,194
13,368 / 13,368
1 / 1
$99, $75.50, $49.50
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Gary Numan
Amway Center
Orlando, Fla.
Oct. 31, 2013
$488,394
6,206 / 7,450
1 / 0
$97, $35.50
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Philips Arena
Atlanta, Ga.
Oct. 24, 2013
$424,077
6,087 / 6,087
1 / 1
$99, $39.50
Live Nation

Bridgestone Arena
Nashville, Tenn.
Oct. 22, 2013
$348,634
4,792 / 15,328
1 / 0
$104, $39.65
Live Nation

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Oct. 14, 2013
$985,379
11,854 / 11,854
1 / 1
$99, $80, $54
Live Nation

Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, Conn.
Oct. 12, 2013
$263,435
4,315 / 7,414
1 / 0
$65, $45
in-house

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Oct. 4, 2013
$991,887
13,116 / 13,116
1 / 1
$93.19, $73.10, $47.93
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Health
The Music Box at Fonda
Los Angeles, Calif.
Sept. 8, 2009
$65,884
1,267 / 1,267
1 / 1
$52
Goldenvoice/AEG Live

Nine Inch Nails, Mew
Aragon Ballroom
Chicago, Ill.
Aug. 28-29, 2009
$536,030
9,746 / 9,746
2 / 2
$55
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails, Jane’s Addiction, Mew
La Riviera
Madrid, Spain
July 30, 2009
$149,691
2,650 / 2,650
1 / 1
$56.49
Live Nation International

Nine Inch Nails, Mew
Heineken Music Hall
Amsterdam, Netherlands
July 8, 2009
$294,225
5,075 / 5,500
1 / 0
$61.45

Nine Inch Nails
O2 Arena
Prague, Czech Republic
June 24, 2009
$136,140
3,584 / 10,000
1 / 0
$48.16, $17.66

Nine Inch Nails, Jane’s Addiction, Street Sweeper Social Club
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Charlotte, N.C.
June 12, 2009
$318,865
13,145 / 18,807
1 / 0
$99, $4
Live Nation

Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, Md.
June 9, 2009
$486,030
8,959 / 10,000
1 / 0
$75, $55, $40
I.M.P.

Molson Amphitheatre
Toronto, Ontario
June 2, 2009
$740,351
16,221 / 16,221
1 / 1
$91.11, $27.15
Live Nation

DTE Energy Music Center
Clarkston, Mich.
May 31, 2009
$418,743
14,759 / 14,759
1 / 1
$99, $65, $45, $18.75
Live Nation/Palace Sports & Entertainment

Santa Barbara Bowl
Santa Barbara, Calif.
May 21, 2009
$349,855
4,972 / 4,972
1 / 1
$83, $55
Nederlander Concerts

Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
Chula Vista, Calif.
May 16, 2009
$453,635
11,413 / 19,689
1 / 0
$93.50, $7.66
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction, Street Sweeper Social Club
Frank Erwin Center
Austin, Texas
May 12, 2009
$417,590
9,799 / 9,900
1 / 0
$48.50, $39.50
Stone City Attractions

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Adams Center
Missoula, Mont.
Dec. 9, 2008
$107,203
2,926 / 4,500
1 / 0
$39.50, $29.50
Knitting Factory Entertainment

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Idaho Center
Nampa, Idaho
Dec. 8, 2008
$110,023
3,313 / 4,500
1 / 0
$39.50, $19.50

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Rose Garden
Portland, Ore.
Dec. 7, 2008
$210,844
5,119 / 6,677
1 / 0
$49.50, $42, $39, $30
Monqui Presents

Nine Inch Nails, Boris
Target Center
Minneapolis, Minn.
Nov. 25, 2008
$312,650
6,905 / 7,797
1 / 0
$45.50, $37.50
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails, Boris
Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
Fort Wayne, Ind.
Nov. 18, 2008
$109,763
2,927 / 4,500
1 / 0
$37.50
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails
Van Andel Arena
Grand Rapids, Mich.
Nov. 15, 2008
$159,305
4,404 / 5,312
1 / 0
$45, $35
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Bell Centre
Montreal, Quebec
Nov. 12, 2008
$323,511
7,076 / 8,040
1 / 0
$45.97, $33.43
Gillett Entertainment Group

Nine Inch Nails, Health
House of Blues
Atlantic City, N.J.
Nov. 6, 2008
$174,598
2,384 / 2,384
1 / 1
$103, $68
House of Blues/C3 Presents

Nine Inch Nails, Health
Veterans Memorial Arena
Jacksonville, Fla.
Oct. 29, 2008
$115,127
2,585 / 7,663
1 / 0
$46, $37
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
UCF Arena
Orlando, Fla.
Oct. 28, 2008
$212,445
4,835 / 7,640
1 / 0
$45, $20
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Poliedro
Caracas, Venezuela
Oct. 8, 2008
$371,811
3,592 / 6,000
1 / 0
$139.99, $49
Evenpro/Water Brother

Nine Inch Nails, Deerhunter
Oracle Arena
Oakland, Calif.
Sept. 5, 2008
$389,813
7,617 / 13,595
1 / 0
$58, $39.50
Another Planet Entertainment

Nine Inch Nails
Wachovia Center
Philadelphia, Pa.
Aug. 29, 2008
$396,636
8,301 / 9,391
1 / 0
$54, $44.50, $30
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Quicken Loans Arena
Cleveland, Ohio
Aug. 22, 2008
$309,531
6,812 / 8,874
1 / 0
$56.50, $20
Live Nation/in-house

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Aug. 5, 2008
$708,376
10,861 / 10,861
1 / 1
$67.51, $57.80
Live Nation

Thanks for this post. How did you find or do the search for the NIN dates? Curious to see some others, along with some other bands attendance figures.

icklekitty
06-21-2014, 05:14 AM
The arena in Manchester has a capacity of 15000 and the o2 has a capacity of 20000. I wonder if they're comparing number of tickets that went on sale vs number of tickets sold instead?

sheepdean
06-21-2014, 05:29 AM
The arena in Manchester has a capacity of 15000 and the o2 has a capacity of 20000. I wonder if they're comparing number of tickets that went on sale vs number of tickets sold instead?
O2's full capacity is rarely utilised, remember they had sound curtains on a lot of the rows, and a few just blocked off. Though that could have just been to make it not look as bad as it was

Lastentrance
06-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Think that's just the standard when seats aren't put on sale.

Omega
07-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Vegas, 200 bucks a ticket? The platinum prices are even better:).

Can someone tell me why good tix have gone up by nearly 40 percent or so since 2008 for the most part? I know there's been a bit of an inflation but come on now.

FULLMETAL
08-07-2014, 03:01 PM
The boxscore update for this week http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore doesn't have any new NIN information. This is likely due to the promoter not releasing the information in time for publication (or they won't release it at all), but we'll know for sure next week.

Rank
Artist/Event
Venue
Gross Sales
Attend / Capacity
Shows/ Sellouts
Prices
Promoters

Nine Inch Nails & Soundgarden
The Axis at Planet Hollywood
Las Vegas, NV
July 19, 2014
$517,688
6,289 / 6,289
1 / 1
$125, $99.50, $79.50, $59.50
Caesars Entertainment/Live Nation

Hallenstadion
Zurich, Switzerland
June 4, 2014
$262,903
4,550 / 10,500
1 / 0
$77.98, $66.84
abc Production

Nine Inch Nails
Lotto Arena
Antwerp, Belgium
May 28, 1014
$281,579
5,445 / 7,573
1 / 0
$54.57
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Phones 4u Arena
Manchester, U.K.
May 25, 2014
$386,818
6,598 / 8,542
1 / 0
$67.30, $50.47

Nine Inch Nails
O2 Arena
London, U.K.
May 23, 2014
$742,227
11,785 / 13,943
1 / 0
$71.73, $54.85

CBS Canterbury Arena
March 22, 2014
$714,899
6,752 / 8,211
1 / 0
$106.76, $89.68
Frontier Touring Co.

Brisbane, Australia
March 17, 2014
$855,292
8,221 / 9,759
1 / 0
$112.83, $94.78
Frontier Touring Co.

Rod Laver Arena
Melbourne, Australia
March 14-15, 2014
$1,807,870
17,210 / 18,512
2 / 1
$113.10, $95
Frontier Touring Co.

Perth Arena
Perth, Australia
March 11, 2014
$816,934
8,172 / 9,397
1 / 0
$115.41, $97.34
Frontier Touring Co.

Newcastle, Australia
March 8, 2014
$568,013
5,430 / 7,445
1 / 0
$113.66, $95.47

Sydney, Australia
March 6-7, 2014
$1,508,610
14,643 / 17,110
2 / 0
$112.10, $94.16
Frontier Touring Co.

Nine Inch Nails
Las Vegas, NV
Nov. 15-16, 2013
$697,005
8,726 / 8,726
2 / 2
$200, $150, $75
AEG Live

Staples Center
Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 8, 2013
$1,045,194
13,368 / 13,368
1 / 1
$99, $75.50, $49.50
Live Nation

Amway Center
Orlando, FL
Oct. 31, 2013
$488,394
6,206 / 7,450
1 / 0
$97, $35.50
Live Nation

Philips Arena
Atlanta, GA
Oct. 24, 2013
$424,077
6,087 / 6,087
1 / 1
$99, $39.50
Live Nation

Bridgestone Arena
Nashville, TN
Oct. 22, 2013
$348,634
4,792 / 15,328
1 / 0
$104, $39.65
Live Nation

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY
Oct. 14, 2013
$985,379
11,854 / 11,854
1 / 1
$99, $80, $54
Live Nation

Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, CT
Oct. 12, 2013
$263,435
4,315 / 7,414
1 / 0
$65, $45
in-house

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Oct. 4, 2013
$991,887
13,116 / 13,116
1 / 1
$93.19, $73.10, $47.93
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Health
The Music Box at Fonda
Los Angeles, CA
Sept. 8, 2009
$65,884
1,267 / 1,267
1 / 1
$52
Goldenvoice/AEG Live

Nine Inch Nails, Mew
Aragon Ballroom
Chicago, IL
Aug. 28-29, 2009
$536,030
9,746 / 9,746
2 / 2
$55
Jam Productions

La Riviera
Madrid, Spain
July 30, 2009
$149,691
2,650 / 2,650
1 / 1
$56.49

Nine Inch Nails, Mew
Heineken Music Hall
Amsterdam, Netherlands
July 8, 2009
$294,225
5,075 / 5,500
1 / 0
$61.45

Nine Inch Nails
O2 Arena
Prague, Czech Republic
June 24, 2009
$136,140
3,584 / 10,000
1 / 0
$48.16, $17.66

Charlotte, NC
June 12, 2009
$318,865
13,145 / 18,807
1 / 0
$99, $4
Live Nation

Columbia, MD
June 9, 2009
$486,030
8,959 / 10,000
1 / 0
$75, $55, $40
I.M.P.

Molson Amphitheatre
Toronto, Ontario
June 2, 2009
$740,351
16,221 / 16,221
1 / 0
$91.11, $27.15
Live Nation

DTE Energy Music Center
Clarkston, MI
May 31, 2009
$418,743
14,759 / 14,759
1 / 0
$99, $65, $45, $18.75

Santa Barbara Bowl
Santa Barbara, CA
May 21, 2009
$349,855
4,972 / 4,972
1 / 0
$83, $55
Nederlander Concerts

Chula Vista, CA
May 16, 2009
$453,635
11,413 / 19,689
1 / 0
$93.50, $7.66
Live Nation

Frank Erwin Center
Austin, TX
May 12, 2009
$417,590
9,799 / 9,900
1 / 0
$48.50, $39.50
Stone City Attractions

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Adams Center
Missoula, MT
Dec. 9, 2008
$107,203
2,926 / 4,500
1 / 0
$39.50, $29.50

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Idaho Center
Nampa, ID
Dec. 8, 2008
$110,023
3,313 / 4,500
1 / 0
$39.50, $19.50

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Rose Garden
Portland, OR
Dec. 7, 2008
$210,844
5,119 / 6,677
1 / 0
$49.50, $42, $39, $30
Monqui Presents

Nine Inch Nails, Boris
Target Center
Minneapolis, MN
Nov. 25, 2008
$312,650
6,905 / 7,797
1 / 0
$45.50, $37.50
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails, Boris
Fort Wayne, IN
Nov. 18, 2008
$109,763
2,927 / 4,500
1 / 0
$37.50
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails
Van Andel Arena
Grand Rapids, MI
Nov. 15, 2008
$159,305
4,404 / 5,312
1 / 0
$45, $35
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Bell Centre
Montreal, Quebec
Nov. 12, 2008
$323,511
7,076 / 8,040
1 / 0
$45.97, $33.43

Nine Inch Nails, Health
House of Blues
Atlantic City, NJ
Nov. 6, 2008
$174,598
2,384 / 2,384
1 / 1
$103, $68

Nine Inch Nails, Health
Veterans Memorial Arena
Jacksonville, FL
Oct. 29, 2008
$115,127
2,585 / 7,663
1 / 0
$46, $37
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
UCF Arena
Orlando, FL
Oct. 28, 2008
$212,445
4,835 / 7,640
1 / 0
$45, $20
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Poliedro
Caracas, Venezuela
Oct. 8, 2008
$371,811
3,592 / 6,000
1 / 0
$139.99, $49
Evenpro/Water Brother

Oracle Arena
Oakland, CA
Sept. 5, 2008
$389,813
7,617 / 13,595
1 / 0
$58, $39.50

Nine Inch Nails
Wachovia Center
Philadelphia, PA
Aug. 29, 2008
$396,636
8,301 / 9,391
1 / 0
$54, $44.50, $30
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Quicken Loans Arena
Cleveland, OH
Aug. 22, 2008
$309,531
6,812 / 8,874
1 / 0
$56.50, $20
Live Nation/in-house

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Aug. 5, 2008
$708,376
10,861 / 10,861
1 / 1
$67.51, $57.80
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, DFA1979
TD Banknorth Garden
Boston, MA
November 8, 2005
$470,132
10,117/13,178
1 / 0
$49.50, $39.50
Tea Party Concerts

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, Autolux
Savvis Center
St. Louis, MO
October 14, 2005
$386,228
9,534/13,984
1 / 0
$45.50, $33.00
Clear Channel Entertainment, in-house

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA
Toyota Center
Houston, TX
October 19, 2005
$420,835
10,082 / 12,434
1 / 0
$45.00, $35.00
PACE Concerts

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA
SBC Center
San Antonio, TX
October 16, 2005
$423,882
10,375 / 15,123
1 / 0
$43.65, $33.65
PACE Concerts

Xcel Energy Center
St. Paul, MN
October 11, 2005
$395,821
8,819 / 9,500
1 / 0
$45.75, $37.75
Jam Productions

David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, Prick
Great Western Forum
Inglewood, CA
October 26-27, 1995
$750,157
28,182 / 28,182
2 / 2
$28.50
Avalon Attractions, Rainbow Prods., Goldenvoice

David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails
Tacoma Dome
Tacoma, WA
October 24, 1995
$332,196
12,079 / 16,800
1 / 0
$28.50
Perryscope Concert Prods.

Nine Inch Nails, Jim Rose Circus, PWEI
Target Center
Minneapolis, MN
February 4, 1995
$258,430
10,997 / 10,997
1 / 1
$23.50
Jam Prods., Company 7

Article from: Amusement Business | April 10, 2000 | Barbieri, Kelly | Copyright
According to AB's BOXSCORE, Nine Inch Nails' 1994-95 tour sold out 56 of 76 shows with a gross of $9,528,087. Attendance totaled 427,497 from a possible 451,092.

Article from: Amusement Business | April 24, 2000 | Allen, Robert E. | Copyright
Top concert grosses reported the week ending April 18:
Gross Ticket Sales - $453,214
Headliner / Support Act(s) - Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle
Total Attendance - 11,948

WorzelG
08-07-2014, 03:24 PM
^^Its a bit sad looking at the bottom of that list and seeing some bands in Germany playing for 9/200 people

ScreamingSlave
08-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Maybe lower the ticket prices and keep merchandise drinks and food reasonable that alone will sell out shows.

FULLMETAL
08-21-2014, 08:03 AM
I haven't seen any additional NIN/SG updates on the last two three boxscore reports. If we don't see any updates after the tour ends, then I'm thinking the promoters decided to not report the numbers (which may be due to a few shows with a large number of empty seats).

*edit* I'm not sure if there's an accounting backlog or what, but there are a couple of LiveNation shows from July on the recent boxscore update. Regardless, I don't think we'll see the numbers for the shows that had a large number of empty seats.

mel_zombie
08-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I haven't seen any additional NIN/SG updates on the last two boxscore reports. If we don't see any updates after the tour ends, then I'm thinking the promoters decided to not report the numbers (which may be due to a few shows with a large number of empty seats).

I went to a couple of shows and there seemed to be a lot of empty seats on the floor. It may be the market or the price of tickets (or both) who knows.

sick among the pure
08-24-2014, 08:33 AM
I went to a couple of shows and there seemed to be a lot of empty seats on the floor. It may be the market or the price of tickets (or both) who knows.

I think the empty seats on the floor are from Ticketbastard's $300-500 each VIP ticket deals.

ninlive
08-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Every show I have been to this year looked absolutely packed. If not sold out, I would say almost to capacity.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 12:18 AM
The seats may have been sold but it doesn't mean the people went. A pretty popular ETSr on here who has suddenly become very quiet because they don't want to be lashed out at due to their negative opinon on the tour told me they have a friend who usually hits about 20 shows a tour and just went home after the new york show because of the fucking stale ass setlist. They had 8 shows to go or something and left thousands of dollars of presale tickets/hotel rooms/flights on the table because they would rather be at home than sit through another rerun of festival 2013.

allegro
08-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Dude, the last 8 yrs of set lists. NIN ain't Pearl Jam.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 12:27 AM
Dude, that's the last 8 yrs of set lists. NIN ain't Pearl Jam.

They also don't seem interested in what they're doing on this last run of shows either. Lets be honest, it seems like there's about 3 outspoken people talking about how shitty this last leg has been, 3 outspoken people talking about how "dynamic etc etc" (lol) this leg has been and countless mysteriously quiet people not really talking about it. The general view on the tour section has been disappointment, no one has reached bill or my level of outspokenness but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that pretty much everyone would have much rather had another tours setlist than this one. I have never seen a NIN tour have this many people trying to explain why a tour has been so fucking lame.

allegro
08-25-2014, 12:35 AM
primarily the same audience has seen NIN repeatedly, with some new fans added here and there. I stopped going a few years ago. How many times can you see basically the same thing? And people were saying "hey, these shows aren't sold out, hmmmm" in 2005. This is, like, the 6th thread with this title on this board.

BRoswell
08-25-2014, 12:36 AM
I like the conceit that, if people aren't really talking about it, they must secretly think the tour sucks. You know what they say about assuming...

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 12:47 AM
primarily the same audience has seen NIN repeatedly, with some new fans added here and there. I stopped going a few years ago. How many times can you see basically the same thing?

I'm just over the constant remix of lights in the sky over and over and over and over and over. If they had less toys to show off they could probably be a little more interesting with their setlists on a night to night basis. Hell since they're just rehashing festival 2013 why haven't they played help me i am in hell, the good soldier, what if we could, SICNH, BOTE, IAOA, TWOIT, TLBTB, or La Mer? They have the visuals for them since they're using the exact same set up as last year. They've been soundchecking into the void almost every show this leg, why haven't they played that? Why haven't they played any other songs off Hesitation Marks besides CoA, disappointed or FMW? I'm sure VMoE would be a welcome addition from a fans perspective. Every time someone goes to a show who knows the setlists they've been playing they're pretty much always hoping for the "assault" setlist instead of the HOLMDEL, there's a reason for that.

allegro
08-25-2014, 12:53 AM
It"s been nothing but a light show extravaganza since With Teeth. What is this? KISS? Madonna? The more lights you have, the more you're hamstrung to an exact set list.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 12:54 AM
I mean for fucks sake there's more excitement and discussion on the god damned MERCH THREAD than the tour thread. People are more excited about getting a damned tshirt, the tour thread has become a wasteland because there's nothing to talk about. Hell the thread of last nights show hasn't even been posted in because we all know how it went. copy of a, sanctified, cbh etc. There's nothing to talk about with this tour.

allegro
08-25-2014, 12:56 AM
There's been nothing to talk about with any of you for years, since it stopped being "new" in 2007. The last exciting thing he did was leave thumb drives in bathrooms and lead everyone on scavenger hunts.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 12:57 AM
It"s been nothing but a light show extravaganza since With Teeth. What is this? KISS? Madonna? The more lights you have, the more you're hamstrung to an exact set list.

Since we're talking about a light show extravaganza here's 3 random dates from the amphitheater tour for with teeth. One from the beginning, middle and end.

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=619

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=604

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=592

Weird how all 3 had the same skeleton but very different "meat" to the bones.

Now lets pick three random ones from this tour, beginning middle and end.

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=976

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=969

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=961

This tour fucking blows.

billpulsipher
08-25-2014, 12:58 AM
The reality is its the same group of people going to see NIN in 2013/2014 who also saw them in 2008/2009...Throw in 95 percent of HTDA fans are just wayward NIN fans as well...

Speaking of the great Pearl Jam...Saw them back to back nights in 2011 at the same venue. They played about 30 songs the first night...2nd night they played about 30 songs and must have rotated out AT LEAST 25 if not more...and yet NIn fans jack off all over themselves if TR rotates out 1 fucking song lol....This is how a great band varies sets

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2011/alpine-valley-music-theatre-east-troy-wi-4bd0c742.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2011/alpine-valley-music-theatre-east-troy-wi-53d0cbc1.html

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:00 AM
Oh god I've called in the captain planet of nin hating lmao

allegro
08-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Pearl Jam doesn't have to worry about timing a Madonna disco light show extravaganza to the set list, so they can play whatever the fuck they want every night. And they sell out every night.

But, they're Pearl Jam.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:03 AM
Pearl Jam doesn't have to worry about timing a Madonna disco light show extravaganza to the set list

See my post about the with_teeth arena shows.

Or hell 3 random dates from the NIN/JA tour.

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=798
http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=788
http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=777

allegro
08-25-2014, 01:05 AM
That is NOT fucking variety. Go look at PJ's set lists. TR hasn't whipped out any exciting set lists since the 2005 club tour. And even that wasn't exactly walking a tightrope. TR isnt a risk-taker impulsive guy. He's an uptight perfectionist. He ain't a jam session kinda dude.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:11 AM
That is NOT fucking variety. Go look at PJ's set lists. TR hasn't whipped out any exciting set lists since the 2005 club tour. And even that wasn't exactly walking a tightrope. TR isnt a risk-taker impulsive guy.

It's not the nin catalog on shuffle but at least you knew you weren't getting the safest setlist you could possibly create out of it walking into those shows. If trent decided to play any one of those 6 shows setlist this board would fucking go offline due to the traffic and people shitting bricks.

allegro
08-25-2014, 01:19 AM
It would never happen. Because he's been playing the same set list with 3 different songs changing around since 2005. The most exciting thing he did was play TDS in its entirety. Nobody ever went nuts over set lists; they went nuts over sound checks, meet and greets, scavenger hunts, ARG gimmicks, etc.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:23 AM
It would never happen. Because he's been playing the same set list with 3 different songs changing around since 2005. The most exciting thing he did waa play TDS in its entirety. Nobody ever went nuts over set lists; they went nuts over sound checks, meet and greets, scavenger hunts, ARG gimmicks, etc.

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=798

http://nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=777

Same sets as above, 10 unique songs.

Again same as above, 8 unique songs.

allegro
08-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Unique, lol. You're dreaming. I saw NIN 15 times and saw all that, yawn. To be fair, his catalog is so relatively small, he can't reach into the deep bin for stuff, like Billy Corgan or Pearl Jam.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Unique, lol. You're dreaming. I saw NIN 15 times and saw all that, yawn.

The point is there is 2 setlists to this tour, one is the Hold On Let Me Disappoint Everyone Lols set which is the most stale set you could create out of the catalog and the other is pretty much the same thing with Somewhat Damaged added instead of CoA, sanctified and CBH. I'm not making this shit up, this tour is stale compared to the last 2 arena tours of the "new" nin.

allegro
08-25-2014, 01:34 AM
Whatever, you would not be happy unless you got a sound check and a meet and greet. Which went away after he got married and had the kids.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:46 AM
Whatever, you would not be happy unless you got a sound check and a meet and greet. Which went away after he got married and had the kids.

I was tickled to death with Tension, and I would have DIED to go to a With_Teeth era show, or hell any tour trent has ever embarked on before this one. This is just a pimple on the ass of his touring career. A sound check would be sweet though, i'd be able to see into the void.

allegro
08-25-2014, 01:48 AM
Whaaaaaaa@

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Whaaaaaaa@

I've been holding in my frustration a lot. Sorry.

nooneimportant
08-25-2014, 02:25 AM
Every setlist I've ever seen of NIN has similar structure. Complaining about it is kind of ridiculous. Go ask the guy who runs RITC, he's seen just about everything and would tell you that he has a formula to how Trent does his shows. There have been exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions, lucky moments for those who are privileged to attend. Not to mention this Summer show is choreographed.

If you base the quality of a performance solely on a setlist, you gotta start rethinking things. It's all about the sound, the energy, the effort that is being displayed on stage and NIN is doing all of that and then some, yet people find something to bitch about.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Every setlist I've ever seen of NIN has similar structure. Complaining about it is kind of ridiculous. Go ask the guy who runs RITC, he's seen just about everything and would tell you that he has a formula to how Trent does his shows. There have been exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions, lucky moments for those who are privileged to attend. Not to mention this Summer show is choreographed.

If you base the quality of a performance solely on a setlist, you gotta start rethinking things. It's all about the sound, the energy, the effort that is being displayed on stage and NIN is doing all of that and then some, yet people find something to bitch about.

I am FAR FAR FAR FAR from the only one with these feelings.

Krazy
08-25-2014, 05:22 AM
Why the fuck all the mass pouting all of a sudden? You're drunk- go back to bed.

And PJ fucking sucks. I'd rather listen to Dissapointed 25 times in a row with next to no lighting than any iteration of their mostly shitty catalog.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 05:36 AM
Why the fuck all the mass pouting all of a sudden? You're drunk- go back to bed.

And PJ fucking sucks. I'd rather listen to Dissapointed 25 times in a row with next to no lighting than any iteration of their mostly shitty catalog.

Slow night at work, kind of spilled my guts. My bad

EDIT: Temple Of The Dog is BAMF though

jessamineny
08-25-2014, 06:42 AM
I dunno. QOTSA have been doing the same thing for the past year and a half -- playing the exact same set list every single night, except for a few songs sliding in and out. And (I thought) they used to be known as a band that really varied the set list every night. Maybe it's a strategy of their management (TR joined up at the end of last year). Or something in the water.

I think a double headliner, especially with a '90s alternative powerhouse, was designed to appeal to a very general audience. Casual fans. People who listen to the radio. The setlist is definitely reflecting that.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 07:51 AM
I think a double headliner, especially with a '90s alternative powerhouse, was designed to appeal to a very general audience. Casual fans. People who listen to the radio. The setlist is definitely reflecting that.
I get what you're saying, but they did a coheadlining amphitheater tour with 90s alternative powerhouse Janes Addiction and the setlists for that run were DOPE.

nooneimportant
08-25-2014, 08:09 AM
I get what you're saying, but they did a coheadlining amphitheater tour with 90s alternative powerhouse Janes Addiction and the setlists for that run were DOPE.

That was because there was minimal production and the possibility that this was the final NIN tour ever.

Deepvoid
08-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Trent is never gonna pull something like Metallica By Request.
He's just not that kinda guy. You'd think fans would know Trent a bit better by now.

I've seen Bjork, Muse, Slipknot and Linkin Park playing outdoor shows and all of those tours had static setlists as well.
Get over it people.

jessamineny
08-25-2014, 08:16 AM

He was also officially promoting that as his farewell tour. You put setlists on steroids for things like that.

allegro
08-25-2014, 08:42 AM
All that production is like a choreographed ballet. Throwing in a whole lot of extra shit (new songs) just adds more risk and risk equals possibly more things going wrong for Mr Perfecto and we all know that causes him great anxiety.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 08:44 AM
That was because there was minimal production and the possibility that this was the final NIN tour ever.

But why did it take his "final tour ever" to create dynamic, fun, riveting, edge of your seat setlists that he knew people wanted to hear? He's not stupid, he knows what fans like and what they want to hear, which is why he had the setlists that he did on the ninja/wave goodbye shows.

allegro
08-25-2014, 08:54 AM
EDGE OF YOUR SEAT SETLISTS?!!!?!?! What fucking band are you seeing???? I am just now seeing that your first shows were the Tension tour and now I get why you're so butt-hurt. That's like bitching that the Beatles were dead by the time you discovered them.

You have video. Get over it. No offense, but Reznor has done really fucking not-exciting set lists for most of his career, and this board has been FILLED with "wahhhhhhhhh the set lists suck" threads since the With Teeth tour. Honest. Reznor himself has been here telling people to shut the fuck up about it. That's just the way he rolls.

Whether you LIKE Pearl Jam isn't the fucking point, dude. The point we were making for Tony was that Pearl Jam has a MUCH larger catalog, they don't do production, and they play 2.5 hour shows with maybe only 5 of the same standard required hits in constant rotation. So fans travel the country knowing that, really, each show is going to have a unique snowflake set list. NIN can't do that (a) because Reznor has choreographed light production, (b) because NIN's catalog just ain't as big unless he plays all of Ghosts, and (c) Reznor don't roll that way, he ain't a "wing it, let's play whatever we're 'feeling' tonight" kinda guy. He's a carefully choreographed overly rehearsed every hair in place kind of guy.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 09:01 AM
EDGE OF YOUR SEAT SETLISTS?!!!?!?! What fucking band are you seeing???? I am just now seeing that your first shows were the Tension tour and now I get why you're so butt-hurt. That's like bitching that the Beatles were dead by the time you discovered them.

You have video. Get over it. No offense, but Reznor has done really fucking not-exciting set lists for most of his career, and this board has been FILLED with "wahhhhhhhhh the set lists suck" threads since the With Teeth tour. Honest. Reznor himself has been here telling people to shut the fuck up about it. That's just the way he rolls.

My first was Lights in the Sky, not that it matters much because the visuals are the same.

allegro
08-25-2014, 09:07 AM
At some point, you can get so nuts with visuals that the only way up is Kanye West climbing a giant mountain. Once you've seen Daft Punk and their visuals that can be seen FROM FUCKING OUTER SPACE, the only "wow, that's interesting!" thing you can do is NO VISUALS and just play great music for people. Wow, what a novel concept.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 09:09 AM
thing you can do is NO VISUALS and just play great music for people. Wow, what a novel concept.

This.

This.

This.

This.

Though would it kill trent to put a fucking mountain on stage once in a while?

Krazy
08-25-2014, 09:10 AM
Why is this even being discussed for the billionth time here already? It's the same questions getting the same answers. If the forum "dies down" a bit so be it, was inevitable at this point no matter what the set lists were like.

Bored much, and trying to stir the pot a bit?

allegro
08-25-2014, 09:16 AM
He's facing the scary reality that there will be ZERO Nine Inch Nails news for possibly ever. Except maybe some movie soundtracks. So this is the last true controversy, other than if Reznor is using hair dye.

jessamineny
08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Those NINJA setlists were pretty fucking great.

I remember the first NINJA show in West Palm. Debut of Metal, I'm Afraid of Americans and Gone, Still; first time for The Way Out Is Through since 2000; North American debut for Last.

The next show in Tampa, we got Now I'm Nothing (first time since '91), I Do Not Want This (first time since '95), TDS (first time in NA since '95), LITS debut, and Physical (first time since '95).

And that was on 20-song-long setlists.

tony.parente
08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Those NINJA setlists were pretty fucking great.

I remember the first NINJA show in West Palm. Debut of Metal, I'm Afraid of Americans and Gone, Still; first time for The Way Out Is Through since 2000; North American debut for Last.

The next show in Tampa, we got Now I'm Nothing (first time since '91), I Do Not Want This (first time since '95), TDS (first time in NA since '95), LITS debut, and Physical (first time since '95).

And that was on 20-song-long setlists.

Yeah but trent is trying reeeaaalllyy hard on this tour guys.
Copy of a!
Wish!
Hurt!

What else could you want?!!

jessamineny
08-25-2014, 10:20 AM
:rolleyes: I highly doubt that the static setlists have anything to do with TR's work ethic/emotional investment in this tour/etc. C'mon. He never intended the current setlists to be anything other than what they are.

And this leg of the tour was never for "us." It was for people who listen to the radio, and who are quite happy to hear those very songs you just listed.

billpulsipher
08-25-2014, 11:45 AM
The guy who said PJ "fucking sucks" probably has QOTSA and Janes Addiction on heavy rotation in his cd player, so I take that with a grain of salt......For the record TR is not the only one who does static setlists. Depeche Mode have been playing the same boring greatest hits set for basically 15 years and the Deftones (who used to mix their sets up all the time) are now playing the same static set for the past 3 years. Fucking Skinny Puppy on their last tour played a majority of songs from their piece of shit post 2004 catalog and practically ignored their 1980s albums. They are even more clueless than Trent when it comes to setlists. For every band like The Cure or PJ who understand how to make a live show a special experience and play rare songs and long shows etc, you get 10 other bands that just punch in their time clock and mail it in with static sets. Trent is one of those bands now.

Krazy
08-25-2014, 12:07 PM
The guy who said PJ "fucking sucks" probably has QOTSA and Janes Addiction on heavy rotation in his cd player, so I take that with a grain of salt.....

That was me. No I don't (don't care one way or another for either band). And fuck you.

Leviathant
08-25-2014, 12:37 PM
That was me. No I don't (don't care one way or another for either band). And fuck you.

First two sentences are okay, the third one constitutes "Feeding the trolls" and is discouraged. On the bright side, this thread was becoming "tony.parente authors every second post" so it was nice to see something break up the monotony. Heh.

Sarah K
08-25-2014, 12:43 PM
I just don't understand the constant whining. Like, if I didn't enjoy something, I wouldn't follow it any longer. I don't understand the dramatics of OH MY GOD WORST COBCERT OF ALL TIME TRENT SUCKS NOW. Like, if I was that negative about it, I would.... You know, stop following.

Anyone who was expecting RARE SONGS on this tour doesn't have a basis in reality.

Was it the best NIN show I've seen? Nah. But I still had a hell of a time, and fail to see how anyone could hate it.

cahernandez
08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
My first was Lights in the Sky, not that it matters much because the visuals are the same.

With all due respect, tony, I think you need to spend more time away from the computer and outside, stop complaining and enjoy the little things in life, like a NIN show. Personally, I don't like to go to multiple shows during a NIN tour (the most I've seen in one tour is two). Some bands play varied setlists (i.e. Pearl Jam*), some don't (i.e. Tool), some bands played varied setlists in one tour and then they play static setlists the next tour (i.e. NIN).

I don't really know if you like to be miserable about your other aspects of your life (and don't take this as a personal attack, is not that), but I'd suggest you start reading some books that could bring some change to your life. Three that I could suggest are "The Art of Travel" by Alain de Botton, "Smile, you're traveling and "Before the Chop: LA Weekly Articles 2011-2012", these last two by Henry Rollins. Henry may suffer severe bouts of depression from time to time, but in general he's my example on how to live life to the fullest and be grateful about what you've got.

You said the tour discussion thread is boring and depressing, and well, I've wrote a really lengthy review of the Houston show. In short, I had an absolute BLAST: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3400-2014-08-16-Woodlands-TX-Cynthia-Woods-Mitchell-Pavilion?p=207580#post207580

Note: for the record, I also enjoy Pearl Jam quite a bit. I saw them last December in Seattle and it was AMAZING. And, funny thing is that a lot of people in the Ten Club message board complained about that show having a "greatest hits" setlist. Ha ha. It was the last night on the tour and people were expecting them to play all the rarities, but instead they stuck with the greatest hits. That kinda shows me that the ungratefulness is not limited to NIN fans! It's funny to me how some people can pay up to $100 a ticket and then force themselves to not have a good time.

This is the Pearl Jam tour page: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/226855/seattle-fanviews-here-12-6-13

WorzelG
08-25-2014, 05:17 PM
The seats may have been sold but it doesn't mean the people went. A pretty popular ETSr on here who has suddenly become very quiet because they don't want to be lashed out at due to their negative opinon on the tour told me they have a friend who usually hits about 20 shows a tour and just went home after the new york show because of the fucking stale ass setlist. They had 8 shows to go or something and left thousands of dollars of presale tickets/hotel rooms/flights on the table because they would rather be at home than sit through another rerun of festival 2013.
I don't believe this because that's just stupid, if you have literally nothing to do with your life at that time and you have spent the money anyway, you'd still go to the place surely even if you don't go to the show and make it a holiday? (unless it was a shit hole). Jesus Christ, in a recession filled world where money / time is hard to come by that sort of person who is so capricious with spending then just go into a pathetic strop because they get a 'stale set list' don't deserve any fucking money. They should have their money absorbed and spent on worthy causes

Krazy
08-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't believe this because that's just stupid, if you have literally nothing to do with your life at that time and you have spent the money anyway, you'd still go to the place surely even if you don't go to the show and make it a holiday? (unless it was a shit hole). Jesus Christ, in a recession filled world where money / time is hard to come by that sort of person who is so capricious with spending then just go into a pathetic strop because they get a 'stale set list' don't deserve any fucking money. They should have their money absorbed and spent on worthy causes

No kidding. If they actually went to " about 20 shows a tour" they would be getting a static set list no matter what they heard.

And that's their problem. Don't care what band you're going to see with whatever set list, there's a certain point where the experience will get stale.

nooneimportant
08-25-2014, 07:37 PM
For the record TR is not the only one who does static setlists.

You know, Bill? I agree with this. Alot of great artists use static setlists and they still tear the house down. Right now my personal favorite has been St. Vincent, she mostly plays the same songs but the show is like it came from another planet, man. It totally rips your face off.

kel
08-25-2014, 09:35 PM
edit: nvrmnd

bobbie solo
08-26-2014, 12:00 AM
And this leg of the tour was never for "us." It was for people who listen to the radio, and who are quite happy to hear those very songs you just listed.

i agree here, it just would have been nice to make that a little clearer for us diehards before some of us went out & bought tix to multiple shows. The '09 co-headlines with JA were very different than this tour, so that couldn't be used as a precedent unfortunately.

If you're a big NIN nerd like most of us, seeing this show ONCE is good enough on this tour bc of the weak setlist. One of these shows is a good time. Not a life changing NIN show,but entertaining, worth the $ but still a letdown bc of all the hits. However, the more likely scenarios that have played out since '05 are us nerds being rewarded with at least some small, true variety of songs on a tour if we went to multiple shows, so I & others jumped in head first back when tix went on sale.

Yogibear303
08-26-2014, 06:55 AM
um, people are getting mad about a band...angry even. over A BAND, hahaha....oh silly....:rolleyes:

sick among the pure
08-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Not a life changing NIN show,but entertaining, worth the $ but still a letdown bc of all the hits.

To be fair, I actually got a song I had never seen before, and two I love and had only seen once, on this leg. and 2/3 of those were a part of the "weak" version of the setlist.

I had a great time at my shows, even having bought an extra ticket in Toronto. Anyone who didn't, that's on them.

cahernandez
08-26-2014, 09:02 AM
You know, Bill? I agree with this. Alot of great artists use static setlists and they still tear the house down. Right now my personal favorite has been St. Vincent, she mostly plays the same songs but the show is like it came from another planet, man. It totally rips your face off.

Off the top of my head, two bands I greatly admire that never change setlists during their tours: Mogwai and Mastodon, and these bands have typically zero production, and that's not a bad thing! Sigur Ros also has a fairly static set during their tours, although they have a bit more of a production (videos on screens). I'm sure there's plenty more if I start thinking about it. I don't know why some NIN fans are so uptight about changing setlists.

FULLMETAL
08-26-2014, 03:50 PM
From the Hollywood Bowl tour journal:
A couple of Bowl staff members mention that the show was not sold out. About 16,000 out of the 20,000 in the venue. Take with a grain with salt on this one.

Motley Crüe & Alice Cooper played the Bowl on July 21st and they had a sellout with 16,488 seats. From what I could see on LiveNation's interactive seating chart, there were only a sparse number of available seats before the show. I'm thinking it was a sellout or very close.

Krazy
08-26-2014, 04:23 PM

Motley Crüe & Alice Cooper played the Bowl on July 21st and they had a sellout with 16,488 seats. From what I could see on LiveNation's interactive seating chart, there were only a sparse number of available seats before the show. I'm thinking it was a sellout or very close.

Yeah, I was bored about 24 hours ago and checked the interactive seating, there were probably less than 20 tickets available with the re-sale set to off.

virushopper
08-26-2014, 06:43 PM

I don't really know what the actual seat count is at yesterday night's show but I distinctly heard from various staff members that the show was not sold out yesterday. Hopefully Billboard will clarify this.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't know why some NIN fans are so uptight about changing setlists.

cuz we got spoiled with wave goodbye.

Krazy
08-26-2014, 06:55 PM
cuz we got spoiled with wave goodbye.

And NINJA. Don't forget NINJA!!

Actually think it was mostly NINJA since there was only like 10 WG shows in, mostly, tiny venues (where people bitched about not being able to get tickets).

TheRealNs1
08-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Actually think it was mostly NINJA since there was only like 10 WG shows in, mostly, tiny venues (where people bitched about not being able to get tickets).

Wasn't NINJA originally promoted as wave goodbye? And yes I'm referring to that entire spring/summer 2009 touring cycle.

otnavuskire
08-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Wasn't NINJA originally promoted as wave goodbye? And yes I'm referring to that entire spring/summer 2009 touring cycle.

Yes, it was.

tony.parente
08-26-2014, 07:24 PM

Oh man I remember that, I was online 30 minutes before tickets went on sale for the chicago shows and refreshed and refreshed and refreshed and never got tickets. Maybe that was just karma biting me in the ass in advance.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Oh man I remember that, I was online 30 minutes before tickets went on sale for the chicago shows and refreshed and refreshed and refreshed and never got tickets. Maybe that was just karma biting me in the ass in advance.

You gave up after that?

O_O

tony.parente
08-26-2014, 07:35 PM
You gave up after that?

O_O

I tried for 45 minutes haha

Krazy
08-26-2014, 08:09 PM

Yes, it was.

I remember getting yelled at on here for putting the WG shows in with the NINJA cycle, so.... Yeah- depends who you talk to and what they consider. :/

Got the Saturday tix no problem. Recall being in the office bored on a Friday afternoon when NIN.com released more tickets to the Friday show- they were sitting there for over half an hour. Never pulled the trigger on them for whatever reason, kicking myself ever since.

Then there was that LA venue with like 400 capacity- fuck that, luck of the draw I suppose. Feel bad for the people that were trying only for that one show and wasted time with a crashed server.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Then there was that LA venue with like 400 capacity- fuck that, luck of the draw I suppose. Feel bad for the people that were trying only for that one show and wasted time with a crashed server.

Yeah the Echoplex. There were a bunch of people who got lucky though by trolling around the venue for tickets. I did that for the Fonda show and got lucky from someone who posted on nin.com they had an extra ticket.

Leviathant
08-26-2014, 08:51 PM
I remember getting yelled at on here for putting the WG shows in with the NINJA cycle, so.... Yeah- depends who you talk to and what they consider. :/

As I look to my right, I see a poster that says "Wave Goodbye 2009" and it says New York, Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles.

The NIN/JA tour was marketed as NIN/JA, and interviews at the time reflected that NIN would be done touring for a while (although this was widely misinterpreted to mean "NIN would be done touring forever"). That contributed to so many stops being pulled out on the tour, set-wise. But closing a chapter by co-headlining and sometimes playing daylight shows seemed to strike Trent as ending on the wrong foot, hence the quick trip 'round the clubs. WHICH WAS AWESOME. WHICH I STILL WANT FULL HD VIDEOS FROM GODDAMNIT.

I would almost expect a spat of similar club performances to follow this one except that core members (Trent, Rob, Alessandro, etc) have been touring for a very. long. time. Sure, there was some "recording an album" in between, and "writing a film score" during, and then the change in management in the middle of it all. I'm guessing everyone involved is probably really anxious for a vacation at this point.

MrSlfDstruct
08-26-2014, 08:58 PM
As I look to my right, I see a poster that says "Wave Goodbye 2009" and it says New York, Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles.

Is this to say that NIN/JA was not considered Wave Goodbye? Most of the merch sold at NIN/JA was Wave Goodbye related. To me they've always been synonymous.

TheRealNs1
08-26-2014, 09:12 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SsBcPk4IfiU/TY-3Q1XFs9I/AAAAAAAAA3E/iXi-_lgL1ks/s1600/IMG_1935.jpg

Leviathant
08-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Yeeeeeah so I only went to one NIN/JA show, and I totally didn't grab the post TheRealNs1 got. Haha.

Krazy
08-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Can't believe it's been 5 years since that "tour cycle". Let's call it that for arguments sake. Equivalent of TDS tour to Fragilty 1.0/2.0 or whatever NIN decided to name it on a certain continent.

No wonder we can't remember shit without posters next to us or using google.

Yogibear303
08-26-2014, 09:55 PM
the way i recall was the nin/ja tour was "part of" the wave goodbye tour, the "last show ever" was supposed to be Bonnaroo (that's the only reason i went to bonnaroo that year was to see the "last show") but then right after trent had posted or tweeted something along the lines of "not wanting to go out that way" and then the club shows were booked...i don't remember if the club shows were marketed as wave goodbye or not, i thought they were just a last blast but not really considered part of the wave goodbye tour.

EDIT: i stand corrected, nin/ja and WG were the same tour, Jane's performed all dates on the WG tour except Chicago and Manchester (Bonnaroo)

FULLMETAL
08-26-2014, 10:43 PM
I think the concept for NIN|JA was a way for TR to "Wave Goodbye" in a cool fashion, but in the middle of it he realized that it wouldn't be the ideal "ending" for NIN live. So, he decided to tack on some extra shows and go out with a bang. I always thought they were "separate" tours since the tickets were different:

http://i.imgur.com/m6MKGZrl.jpg

Didn't he make a post on NIN.com explaining the whole WG touring?

ninlive
08-27-2014, 12:25 AM
I would almost expect a spat of similar club performances to follow this one except that core members (Trent, Rob, Alessandro, etc) have been touring for a very. long. time. Sure, there was some "recording an album" in between, and "writing a film score" during, and then the change in management in the middle of it all. I'm guessing everyone involved is probably really anxious for a vacation at this point.

I'm down for some club shows!

PS - They did those final Wave Goodbye shows because Trent felt that Bonnaroo wasn't the way NIN should have their "last show" in the states and that clubs felt better.

Yogibear303
08-27-2014, 02:32 AM
PS - They did those final Wave Goodbye shows because Trent felt that Bonnaroo wasn't the way NIN should have their "last show" in the states and that clubs felt better.

'ROO was an incredible show...but i agree it wasn't "last show" worthy (if that's even a thing). i would have loved to have seen one of the club shows but...i just blew a wad hauling ass to 'roo...bummer.

jessamineny
08-27-2014, 05:26 AM
I'm down for some club shows!

It was because of the whole tour (http://www.avclub.com/article/new-final-nin-dates-to-be-announced-for-ny-chicago-30080), not Bonnaroo.

"Upon reflection, the NIN/JA tour felt like we had to rush through sets due to a limited allotted set length and many shows were in daylight - it just didn't feel right to end NIN that way."

And take note, people who always try to say "He never said these shows were the end of Nine Inch Nails touring..."

Krazy
08-27-2014, 06:21 AM
tJane's performed all dates on the WG tour except Chicago and Manchester (Bonnaroo)

Small side note: JA couldn't play Chicago because of Lollapalooza clause (I think that's why anyways).

And Bonnaroo probably just didn't want them. LOLLLLL

bryan_NIN65
08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
(http://www.avclub.com/article/new-final-nin-dates-to-be-announced-for-ny-chicago-30080)
"Upon reflection, the NIN/JA tour felt like we had to rush through sets due to a limited allotted set length "

I remember this and wonder why the NIN/SG set are shorter when now they are closing. They should have started the show at 5:30 or 6pm instead of 7pm.

slave2thewage
08-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Bonnaroo wasn't meant to be the final show at all, that would have been Singapore. I still feel bad for those who flew there thinking they'd be at the FINAL SHOW EVAH and then it got cancelled.

Yogibear303
08-27-2014, 04:07 PM
I stand corrected again...'roo was the last show "in the states"...

screwdriver
08-27-2014, 04:08 PM
I remember this and wonder why the NIN/SG set are shorter when now they are closing. They should have started the show at 5:30 or 6pm instead of 7pm.

egads no
some of us couldnt even make it to the opener on this last tour (and I really wanted to see OPN) because of our jobs

TheRealNs1
08-27-2014, 04:16 PM

or picked venues with midnight curfews and play until 11:55.

ninlive
08-27-2014, 06:01 PM
It was because of the whole tour (http://www.avclub.com/article/new-final-nin-dates-to-be-announced-for-ny-chicago-30080), not Bonnaroo.

"Upon reflection, the NIN/JA tour felt like we had to rush through sets due to a limited allotted set length and many shows were in daylight - it just didn't feel right to end NIN that way."

And take note, people who always try to say "He never said these shows were the end of Nine Inch Nails touring..."

I know nothing.

I honestly love seeing NIN in clubs. Their raw live performances are just made for them. It's intense music for clubs. I've always wanted to see them at St. Andrews here in Detroit. Those shows would be nuts, me thinks.

TheRealNs1
08-27-2014, 08:15 PM

He actually did say that at the end of LITS 2008, paraphrased "and then that's it...for now. that's it for now. you never know with me" (2:45 into this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxLr23lodbg&list=PL0795CE3958FCE08D#t=165

FULLMETAL
12-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Found an update from the Billboard Boxscore report from November 29th with a sellout for the NIN/SG show at Clarkston, MI:

Artist/Event
Venue
Gross Sales
Attend / Capacity
Shows / Sellouts
Prices
Promoters

Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Oneohtrix Point Never
DTE Energy Music Center
Clarkston, MI
July 26, 2014
$632,729
14,080 / 14,080
1 / 1
$99.50, $20

Nine Inch Nails & Soundgarden
The Axis at Planet Hollywood
Las Vegas, NV
July 19, 2014
$517,688
6,289 / 6,289
1 / 1
$125, $99.50, $79.50, $59.50
Caesars Entertainment/Live Nation

Hallenstadion
Zurich, Switzerland
June 4, 2014
$262,903
4,550 / 10,500
1 / 0
$77.98, $66.84
abc Production

Nine Inch Nails
Lotto Arena
Antwerp, Belgium
May 28, 1014
$281,579
5,445 / 7,573
1 / 0
$54.57
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Phones 4u Arena
Manchester, U.K.
May 25, 2014
$386,818
6,598 / 8,542
1 / 0
$67.30, $50.47

Nine Inch Nails
O2 Arena
London, U.K.
May 23, 2014
$742,227
11,785 / 13,943
1 / 0
$71.73, $54.85

CBS Canterbury Arena
March 22, 2014
$714,899
6,752 / 8,211
1 / 0
$106.76, $89.68
Frontier Touring Co.

Brisbane, Australia
March 17, 2014
$855,292
8,221 / 9,759
1 / 0
$112.83, $94.78
Frontier Touring Co.

Rod Laver Arena
Melbourne, Australia
March 14-15, 2014
$1,807,870
17,210 / 18,512
2 / 1
$113.10, $95
Frontier Touring Co.

Perth Arena
Perth, Australia
March 11, 2014
$816,934
8,172 / 9,397
1 / 0
$115.41, $97.34
Frontier Touring Co.

Newcastle, Australia
March 8, 2014
$568,013
5,430 / 7,445
1 / 0
$113.66, $95.47

Sydney, Australia
March 6-7, 2014
$1,508,610
14,643 / 17,110
2 / 0
$112.10, $94.16
Frontier Touring Co.

Nine Inch Nails
Las Vegas, NV
Nov. 15-16, 2013
$697,005
8,726 / 8,726
2 / 2
$200, $150, $75
AEG Live

Staples Center
Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 8, 2013
$1,045,194
13,368 / 13,368
1 / 1
$99, $75.50, $49.50
Live Nation

Amway Center
Orlando, FL
Oct. 31, 2013
$488,394
6,206 / 7,450
1 / 0
$97, $35.50
Live Nation

Philips Arena
Atlanta, GA
Oct. 24, 2013
$424,077
6,087 / 6,087
1 / 1
$99, $39.50
Live Nation

Bridgestone Arena
Nashville, TN
Oct. 22, 2013
$348,634
4,792 / 15,328
1 / 0
$104, $39.65
Live Nation

Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY
Oct. 14, 2013
$985,379
11,854 / 11,854
1 / 1
$99, $80, $54
Live Nation

Mohegan Sun Arena
Uncasville, CT
Oct. 12, 2013
$263,435
4,315 / 7,414
1 / 0
$65, $45
in-house

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Oct. 4, 2013
$991,887
13,116 / 13,116
1 / 1
$93.19, $73.10, $47.93
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Health
The Music Box at Fonda
Los Angeles, CA
Sept. 8, 2009
$65,884
1,267 / 1,267
1 / 1
$52
Goldenvoice/AEG Live

Nine Inch Nails, Mew
Aragon Ballroom
Chicago, IL
Aug. 28-29, 2009
$536,030
9,746 / 9,746
2 / 2
$55
Jam Productions

La Riviera
Madrid, Spain
July 30, 2009
$149,691
2,650 / 2,650
1 / 1
$56.49

Nine Inch Nails, Mew
Heineken Music Hall
Amsterdam, Netherlands
July 8, 2009
$294,225
5,075 / 5,500
1 / 0
$61.45

Nine Inch Nails
O2 Arena
Prague, Czech Republic
June 24, 2009
$136,140
3,584 / 10,000
1 / 0
$48.16, $17.66

Charlotte, NC
June 12, 2009
$318,865
13,145 / 18,807
1 / 0
$99, $4
Live Nation

Columbia, MD
June 9, 2009
$486,030
8,959 / 10,000
1 / 0
$75, $55, $40
I.M.P.

Molson Amphitheatre
Toronto, Ontario
June 2, 2009
$740,351
16,221 / 16,221
1 / 0
$91.11, $27.15
Live Nation

DTE Energy Music Center
Clarkston, MI
May 31, 2009
$418,743
14,759 / 14,759
1 / 0
$99, $65, $45, $18.75

Santa Barbara Bowl
Santa Barbara, CA
May 21, 2009
$349,855
4,972 / 4,972
1 / 0
$83, $55
Nederlander Concerts

Chula Vista, CA
May 16, 2009
$453,635
11,413 / 19,689
1 / 0
$93.50, $7.66
Live Nation

Frank Erwin Center
Austin, TX
May 12, 2009
$417,590
9,799 / 9,900
1 / 0
$48.50, $39.50
Stone City Attractions

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Adams Center
Missoula, MT
Dec. 9, 2008
$107,203
2,926 / 4,500
1 / 0
$39.50, $29.50

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Idaho Center
Nampa, ID
Dec. 8, 2008
$110,023
3,313 / 4,500
1 / 0
$39.50, $19.50

Nine Inch Nails, The Bug
Rose Garden
Portland, OR
Dec. 7, 2008
$210,844
5,119 / 6,677
1 / 0
$49.50, $42, $39, $30
Monqui Presents

Nine Inch Nails, Boris
Target Center
Minneapolis, MN
Nov. 25, 2008
$312,650
6,905 / 7,797
1 / 0
$45.50, $37.50
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails, Boris
Fort Wayne, IN
Nov. 18, 2008
$109,763
2,927 / 4,500
1 / 0
$37.50
Jam Productions

Nine Inch Nails
Van Andel Arena
Grand Rapids, MI
Nov. 15, 2008
$159,305
4,404 / 5,312
1 / 0
$45, $35
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Bell Centre
Montreal, Quebec
Nov. 12, 2008
$323,511
7,076 / 8,040
1 / 0
$45.97, $33.43

Nine Inch Nails, Health
House of Blues
Atlantic City, NJ
Nov. 6, 2008
$174,598
2,384 / 2,384
1 / 1
$103, $68

Nine Inch Nails, Health
Veterans Memorial Arena
Jacksonville, FL
Oct. 29, 2008
$115,127
2,585 / 7,663
1 / 0
$46, $37
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
UCF Arena
Orlando, FL
Oct. 28, 2008
$212,445
4,835 / 7,640
1 / 0
$45, $20
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Poliedro
Caracas, Venezuela
Oct. 8, 2008
$371,811
3,592 / 6,000
1 / 0
$139.99, $49
Evenpro/Water Brother

Oracle Arena
Oakland, CA
Sept. 5, 2008
$389,813
7,617 / 13,595
1 / 0
$58, $39.50

Nine Inch Nails
Wachovia Center
Philadelphia, PA
Aug. 29, 2008
$396,636
8,301 / 9,391
1 / 0
$54, $44.50, $30
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails
Quicken Loans Arena
Cleveland, OH
Aug. 22, 2008
$309,531
6,812 / 8,874
1 / 0
$56.50, $20
Live Nation/in-house

Air Canada Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Aug. 5, 2008
$708,376
10,861 / 10,861
1 / 1
$67.51, $57.80
Live Nation

Nine Inch Nails, Moving Units
Kemper Arena
Kansas City, MO
February 18, 2006
$335,280
9,232 / 9,316
0 / 1
$40, $35
Live Nation, Mammoth

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, DFA1979
TD Banknorth Garden
Boston, MA
November 8, 2005
$470,132
10,117 / 13,178
1 / 0
$49.50, $39.50
Tea Party Concerts

Savvis Center
St. Louis, MO
October 14, 2005
$386,228
9,534/13,984
1 / 0
$45.50, $33.00
Clear Channel Entertainment, in-house

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA
Toyota Center
Houston, TX
October 19, 2005
$420,835
10,082 / 12,434
1 / 0
$45.00, $35.00
PACE Concerts

Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA
SBC Center
San Antonio, TX
October 16, 2005
$423,882
10,375 / 15,123
1 / 0
$43.65, $33.65
PACE Concerts

Xcel Energy Center
St. Paul, MN
October 11, 2005
$395,821
8,819 / 9,500
1 / 0
$45.75, $37.75
Jam Productions

David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, Prick
Great Western Forum
Inglewood, CA
October 26-27, 1995
$750,157
28,182 / 28,182
2 / 2
$28.50
Avalon Attractions, Rainbow Prods., Goldenvoice

David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails
Tacoma Dome
Tacoma, WA
October 24, 1995
$332,196
12,079 / 16,800
1 / 0
$28.50
Perryscope Concert Prods.

Nine Inch Nails, Jim Rose Circus, PWEI
Target Center
Minneapolis, MN
February 4, 1995
$258,430
10,997 / 10,997
1 / 1
$23.50
Jam Prods., Company 7

BRoswell
12-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Looks like a few sellouts on that list over the past year and some change. The numbers don't lie!

FULLMETAL
02-23-2015, 02:39 AM
During my periodical research, I found some additional data for my boxscore tally. Until I can get that formatted, here's a taste of some classic 1990 sellouts:

Nine Inch Nails, The Adults
Phantasy Theatre
Lakewood, OH
December 28, 1990
$17,600
1,100 / 1,100
1/1
$17, $16
Belkin Prods.

Nine Inch Nails, The Adults
The Metropol
Pittsburgh, PA
December 27, 1990
$19,789
1,342 / 1,342
1/1
$16.50, $14.50
Belkin Prods. DiCesare-Engler Prods.

Ryan
02-23-2015, 06:49 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SsBcPk4IfiU/TY-3Q1XFs9I/AAAAAAAAA3E/iXi-_lgL1ks/s1600/IMG_1935.jpg

I still don't get what those two curved things in the middle are/were meant to represent. Can anyone shed light? How does it relate to Wave Goodbye? Is there some artistic design element I'm not picking up on?

botley
02-23-2015, 08:59 PM
I still don't get what those two curved things in the middle are/were meant to represent. Can anyone shed light? How does it relate to Wave Goodbye? Is there some artistic design element I'm not picking up on?

"Minimize window".

denuir
02-24-2015, 10:19 PM

"Exit stage left"

Ryan
02-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Are you both taking the piss?

botley
02-25-2015, 12:03 PM
It's art! What do you think it means?

fpbrt
04-30-2015, 05:42 AM
never seen this live video before (Orlando in 2013)
http://www.evergig.com/concerts/2013/10/31/Amway_Center_Orlando/Nine_Inch_Nails

FULLMETAL
11-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I found a few CBI boxscore updates (forgive the formatting I’m on mobile):

Boxscore Update
Rank/Artist
Event Venue
City/State
Event Dates
Gross Sales
Attendance/Capacity
Shows/Sellouts
Prices
Promoters

12/8/18
13 Nine Inch Nails, The Jesus and Mary Chain