PDA

View Full Version : 2014.03.14 - Melbourne, Australia @ Rod Laver Arena

TheBang
10-09-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=320

Skeptikk
10-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Gah so frustrated!

Sitting there at 2pm all logged in ready to go and 15-20 seconds into it said they were all sold out...... So just incase on the work computer I loaded the page up and sat there for an hour spamming tickets for GA on one and Reserved seating on the laptop and didn't get any at all.

I get home and the website still says there are some tickets available for reserved seating but you go to buy them and it says they are unavailable.

This could have been handled in such a better way........ Like making the whole "must have a nin.com account" thing matter, not just letting anyone get in if they had the url.

Guess I'll try again on the 22nd with the Frontier touring pre-sale.

/endrant.

Thaned
10-16-2013, 05:24 AM
That sucks man! I was really surprised that you didn't need to have a nin.com account for the presale.

I managed to get tickets for myself and a friend for this show, so awww fuck yeah!

draven
10-16-2013, 05:25 AM
bummer :( i got mine after a lot of sweating and hyper-ventitating. now i'm about to wait the longest five months of my life (i say that everytime i get tickets to a nine inch nails concert).

reseen_lamenti
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Got 'em in under 90 seconds yesterday.
GA with my partner. I'll be wearing the grey ETS shirt. See ya there!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1375856_10151945167377369_1885485748_n.jpg

DTShangers
12-23-2013, 06:10 AM
OK my trip to Melbourne from Shanghai has just been confirmed so I'm about to book my nosebleed reserved tickets (1 for each show). If there's anyone with a line on a single GA ticket for each show let me know! Yea I know wishful thinking...

draven
02-13-2014, 03:40 PM
woke with a slight tingling in my loins this morning.. must be 28 days to go.

megalomaniac3
02-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Got 2 GA tickets to both shows. Cannot wait. Hopefully there is a rather big variation in setlists like the Tokyo shows!

DTShangers
03-01-2014, 06:12 AM
Meg do you have a date for these shows in GA? I'm stuck in the nosebleeds and have no idea how I'm getting to the floor. Serious... Flying all the way from Shanghai.

Freshcat
03-04-2014, 03:43 AM
Back to back shows, feels like 2007 again!
Hopefully history repeats and I run into TR pre-show!

Matt Goldfinch
03-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Does anyone have a spare ticket for either Melbourne shows?

I will be grateful, I have taped both Sydney shows and the Newcastle show. Definitely need Melbourne!!!

ophelia_
03-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Has anyone received an email from ticketek with the fan presale information? I got an email a few weeks before the gig for the Sydney fan pre-sale, with all the information on where to line up and what time to get there, etc., but haven't received anything for this show yet? Will the same numbered wristband thing be happening for the Melbourne show?

Thaned
03-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Has anyone received an email from ticketek with the fan presale information? I got an email a few weeks before the gig for the Sydney fan pre-sale, with all the information on where to line up and what time to get there, etc., but haven't received anything for this show yet? Will the same numbered wristband thing be happening for the Melbourne show?

I haven't got anything yet, but on the purchase confirmation I got ages back when I bought them, it said that "Collection details are different for Sydney and Melbourne"

So who knows what that means...

ophelia_
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
I haven't got anything yet, but on the purchase confirmation I got ages back when I bought them, it said that "Collection details are different for Sydney and Melbourne"

So who knows what that means...

It's so ridiculous. I've tried getting in contact with Ticketek for weeks now, sent them numerous emails and they don't have a phone number. Even resorted to posting on their facebook wall with no luck. Crazy!

Yeah, I re-read the purchase confirmation and saw that. Would be nice if they pointed out the differences between Sydney and Melbourne :/

ophelia_
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
So I've spoken with the venue and the promoter, and neither had any information on the early entry/numbered wristband stuff that happened at the Sydney, Newcastle and I presume Perth gigs.

Gonna assume it's not happening, even though that was part of the fan presale perks?

Edit: Frontier said they have nothing to do with the fan club side of things... Who does then? Argh.

Thaned
03-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Gah, that's annoying. I don't even care if it's different, I'd just like a "To pick up your tickets, go to X at Ypm" rather than being left in the dark. From the sounds of it it's entirely in Ticketek's hands.

Thaned
03-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Actually, according to their twitter we can pick up tickets from 4:15pm & we need to bring Photo ID and the Credit Card we used: https://twitter.com/Ticketek_AU/status/443549771613995008

ophelia_
03-11-2014, 11:04 PM
They are being so vague, it's really frustrating not knowing what's going on. Especially when the venue and promoter had no idea about the early entry.

This is what we got emailed for the Sydney show, there's so much info, it was great, they even had a map telling us where to line up:

NIN.com / QOTSA.com Member Pre-Sale Ticket Check-In Map & Instructions
Qantas Credit Union Arena (Sydney) | 6 March, 2014

Below are the ticket check-in instructions for the Nine Inch Nails / Queens of the Stone Age show at the Qantas Credit Union Arena on Thursday, March 6th.

Qantas Credit Union Arena
35 Harbour Street
Darling Harbour
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: 02 9320 4200

•TICKET CHECK-IN / EARLY ENTRY DOOR: GATE F located on the South side of the building. IMMEDIATE ENTRY REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN.
•There will be signage and staff, including a NIN.com / QOTSA.com representative, on site to direct you. Attached is a map for reference
•TO PRESERVE LINE ORDER, NUMBERED WRISTBANDS WILL BE GIVEN TO NIN.COM / QOTSA.COM PRE-SALE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET BUYERS STARTING AT: 3:30PM *
•To receive your numbered wristband, you must show a valid government issued Photo ID that matches the name on your order and your entire party must be with you. Your wristband is NOT your ticket.
•TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT: 4:45PM
•To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME on your ticket order. Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”
•Tickets are non-transferable. There will be no box office name changes or ticket transfers allowed.
•NIN.COM / QOTSA.COM MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT: 6:00PM
•DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT: 6:15PM

We strongly urge you to arrive early to avoid a long wait and missing any of the show.

Thaned
03-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Worst comes to worst I guess we just turn up at 6pm and try to get in, we wouldn't be the only people confused about this because we haven't got sent any info.

Freshcat
03-12-2014, 03:17 AM
Got this about an hour ago:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Content/pdf/QOTSANIN14_map_instructions.pdf

Afterglow
03-12-2014, 08:16 PM
I have one GA ticket available for face value ($125). I'm planning to rock up early for front posi and whoever buys my ticket has to be with me for wristband and ticket pickup due to fan club requirements. Contact me at derekmd@hotmail.com

ophelia_
03-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Got this about an hour ago

They took their sweet ass time sending it out. Oh well, just glad it's definitely happening! Got a bit worried when the venue and promoter had no idea about it.

What at time is everyone rocking up to the venue?

ophelia_
03-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Ps - I'm gonna be in Melbourne by my lonesome if anyone is keen to have a few drinks and talk NIN tonight?

nowimnothing
03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Well I am excited aboutm tonight! I hope they play Satellite, Copy of A and While I'm Still Here. Wishful thinking I know. I hate Rod Laver as a venue, but guess we just have to roll with it!

reseen_lamenti
03-13-2014, 04:43 PM
I'll be there at 3pm in the grey ETS t-shirt for pre-sale wristbands. Come say hi.
So excited!

Skeptikk
03-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Aww Yeah! Today's the day.

Ended up with reserved seating. Never been to Rod Laver before but I guess its just a tram away from Richmond Stn. (http://www.rodlaverarena.com.au/arriving-and-access/public-transport/)

Found this on the Rod Laver Arena site.

Box Office (red booth): 4.30pm
Turnstiles: 5pm
Brody Dalle: 6.30pm
QOTSA or NIN*: 7.20pm
Interval: 8.40pm
QOTSA or NIN*: 9.10pm
Concludes: 10.30pm (times approx)

* Main Artist order of appearance to be finalised on day of show.

Professional cameras are prohibited. Small personal cameras, including camera phones, are permitted.

MCG/Yarra Park carpark open via Gate 3.

Melbourne Park carpark open. A pre-booking system is online (https://prebook.mopt.vic.gov.au/). Customers can pre-purchase their parking via this link. At $20 the pre-booking option (must be at least 24hrs in advance) represents a 33% saving on the walk-up fee ($30).

Note: On both nights there will be events on at AAMI Park which means a busy precinct. Please plan your journey ahead and use public transport if possible.

EDIT: I havent really gone looking around to see if anyone else has mentioned but how much are we looking at for the merch for those who went to the other AUS shows?

Freshcat
03-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Well I am excited aboutm tonight! I hope they play Satellite, Copy of A and While I'm Still Here. Wishful thinking I know. I hate Rod Laver as a venue, but guess we just have to roll with it!

Gotta agree that I loathe RLA as a venue (second only to Etihad for lack of ambience), but hoping for a great night!
Plan to roll up there late afternoon I suppose.

ophelia_
03-13-2014, 05:28 PM
I havent really gone looking around to see if anyone else has mentioned but how much are we looking at for the merch for those who went to the other AUS shows?

Merch was pretty standard price wise. $40 for a tour shirt, $80 for a hoodie. $30 tour posters, $10 HM posters. $15 key rings, etc.

Freshcat
03-13-2014, 06:56 PM
It's a nice day outside! I might skip work soon and go into the city early.
Bring on the show!

ophelia_
03-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Just got here. Anyone here yet?

nowimnothing
03-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Gonna get there about 5.30pm, give me some time to chill, beforehand. In addition to the songs I mentioned earlier, I would love to hear The Day the World Went Away. I think I would shit myself.

Skeptikk
03-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Gonna get there about 5.30pm, give me some time to chill, beforehand. In addition to the songs I mentioned earlier, I would love to hear The Day the World Went Away. I think I would shit myself.

That would be great to hear. I'd love them to play The Great Destroyer like they did in Tokyo recently, that breakdown was earsplitting awesome.

Matt Goldfinch
03-13-2014, 07:44 PM
That would be great to hear. I'd love them to play The Great Destroyer like they did in Tokyo recently, that breakdown was earsplitting awesome.

This is what I filmed from the Newcastle show... See you guys tonight!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjLsXoxAh7g&list=UUD7d1zeD1p4YWpEORFBaufg

Skeptikk
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
This is what I filmed from the Newcastle show... See you guys tonight!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjLsXoxAh7g&list=UUD7d1zeD1p4YWpEORFBaufg

Amazing footage man. Chills down the spine.

xfxf
03-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Anyone got a spare ticket? Friend is hunting!

DTShangers
03-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Just ran into Rob Sheridan at immigration this morning he was returning from LA small world. Very cool.

Skeptikk
03-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Wow what a nice day down here. Jets doing shit in the sky and nice shade on the grass... BRING ON THE TREZNOR

ophelia_
03-14-2014, 12:48 AM
bring on the treznor

almost t-rez oclock!

Skeptikk
03-14-2014, 01:31 AM
almost t-rez oclock!

Damn it door 10! Open! Now! Do it!

Skeptikk
03-14-2014, 02:00 AM
Up the back directly in the middle.. now if only he did the light show in AUS.

DTShangers
03-14-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi kids i'm sorted and outside the south entrance wearing a rammstein shirt with an extra ticket...