PDA

View Full Version : Coach

Halo Infinity
10-06-2013, 05:13 PM
I actually thought of making a thread on Coach, with the chance of discussing it with anybody that might've caught it and actually liked it. It really does seem to be one of the most underrated sitcoms of the 1990s, and it didn't seem to be as all over the place like most of them. I thought it had a very successful run though, considering how it lasted from 1989 to 1997.

I only have the first two seasons on DVD, and I'm thankful that there have been DVDs of this show released to start with, since some of them never have any seasons released. It seems that there are only 4 out of 9 seasons that are currently out, so I just have 2 more seasons to go. It's actually been a while since I've watched it, but after only a few minutes in, it easily reminded me why I fell in love with the show again.

https://www.facebook.com/NBCCoach

https://twitter.com/CoachNBC

Conan The Barbarian
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Not to derail the thread, but never in a million years would I ever think that one day on ets that there would be a thread on coach.

Thank you.

Used to watch it when I was young, don't really remember much though.

Swykk
10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Having only caught bits and pieces of episodes during that time, it seemed like a show for jocks. Something for your high school gym teacher or coach to watch while downing his nightly six pack.

Halo Infinity
10-06-2013, 09:56 PM
When I first watched Coach, that's what I was thinking something like that too, but after giving it a good 5 to 10 minutes, I got to see it was about more than a coach and his career in college football. (Well, at least after a couple of episodes on top of that as well.) I'm also thankful that lots of the plots actually have nothing to do with sports and football though, even though there's still a great amount of them that have lots of things about sports in them.

@Conan The Barbarian (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=498) - And you're welcome as well. I was thinking the same thing. I hardly get to see it now, and I doubt that it's still on TBS, and it's one of those shows I'd be willing to shell out money for as far as DVD collecting goes.

I also noticed that there is sometimes a lot of door humor when it comes to Hayden Fox's office. (As it has two doors.) Which is kind of cool because it shows the vibes people could get when they're a bit on the asocial/introvert/avoidant side with asocial/introverted/avoidant moods. (Like having doors shut for privacy, or to keep annoying distractions out.)

That was sometimes like a regular gag in some episodes at certain points. And being the kind of character Hayden Fox is, it's no wonder why he never got into the whole "open door policy" thing at his office. And speaking of being avoidant, Luther Van Damme's bouts with anxiety or even flat-out paranoia were often a riot, especially with the stuttering.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that Coach is available on Netflix too. :D

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Coach/70142431?locale=en-US

mfte
10-07-2013, 12:54 PM
WHoa. A thread on coach. This is one of those shows that I never got passed the opening credits like MASH or Dear John or Wings.

What's next? a thread for Major Dad?

sorry for disrupting.

Halo Infinity
10-07-2013, 01:40 PM
As for me, I never really saw any real problem with threads on old shows and movies. But yeah, I noticed that too, as threads on old/inactive shows and old movies usually aren't made here. I also don't think that they all have to be about active shows and new movies. And well, it's fine, I just thought of giving it a shot. :p

GulDukat
10-09-2013, 07:55 AM
"I've been on foodstamps and welfare, did anyone help me out? No"--Craig T. Nelson. Comedy Gold.

Halo Infinity
10-09-2013, 08:21 AM
I still can't believe that Craig T. Nelson said that to Glenn Beck. I was obviously like, "WTF?" Even Glenn Beck looked at him like, "What? Are you fucking kidding me?" :p

Conan The Barbarian
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Coach is on netflix by the way.