04-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Did anyone record the full thing?

Ryan
04-01-2014, 07:52 PM
These set lists lack le variation.

OchoBits
04-01-2014, 08:07 PM
This.

I think Colombia might be under the tsunami watch too. I think dude should get the hell out of there and make up that concert at the end of the tour or something.

wat

Bogotá isn't even near a coast, I don't even.

Merovee
04-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I read "Carrie" during Geography, so sue me.

TheBang
04-01-2014, 11:21 PM
I missed it cause I couldn't find information on a stream anywhere. WTF??

cynicmuse
04-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I missed it cause I couldn't find information on a stream anywhere. WTF??
The South American Lollapolooza both get A+++ for their ability to disseminate information. I thought that it was common sense to post the location and content of the stream. Every other festival (Europe, NA, Korea) has managed to do that.

martin_b
04-02-2014, 12:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9daQf0Kb0A

That was fast.

This user has also THTF and HLAH on his YT channel.

I'm just wondering about the quality of the sound - is it bad because of the conversion (or capturing it in the wrong way) or the stream audio mix was f**ked-up?

Fist Fuck
04-02-2014, 05:08 AM
The Finckster, he did it again! Can someone please make a gif from the beginning of the Survivalism video here? :D

TheBang
04-02-2014, 05:32 AM
I'm just wondering about the quality of the sound - is it bad because of the conversion (or capturing it in the wrong way) or the stream audio mix was f**ked-up?
Well, it looks like the person used a screen recording, rather than ripping the stream directly, which is what we always strive to do, because it preserves the original quality. It looks like their recording levels were set too high on the audio, and it's clipping. It's possible it was like that from the source broadcast, but I'd say it's more likely an issue with the screen recording.

The Finckster, he did it again! Can someone please make a gif from the beginning of the Survivalism video here? :D
Not even worth it. Frame rate is too low on the screen recording.

Fist Fuck
04-02-2014, 05:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcbtrubyOA

Full show on YouTube now!

Ryan
04-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Fist Fuck - What did he do?

martin_b
04-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Ryan, Robin just did what he always does.

"...and now here comes Robin with his famous walkabout over the whole scene!"

andre78
04-02-2014, 08:58 AM
The South American Lollapolooza both get A+++ for their ability to disseminate information. I thought that it was common sense to post the location and content of the stream. Every other festival (Europe, NA, Korea) has managed to do that.

Just to let everyone here know: next weekend we got Lolla Brazil here in Sao Paulo and the concerts will be broadcasted trough TV and internet by the Multishow channel - here's their website: http://multishow.globo.com/especiais/lollapalooza/materias/lollapalooza-brasil-2014-veja-os-horarios-dos-shows-no-multishow-no-bis-e-na-web.htm ( only in portuguese ).

Unfortunately, I don't know yet if the broadcast will be available to foreign territories ( last year it was ). I'll be in the gig, so hope everyone can get to watch it and have fun.

On a side note: despite headlining the festival, NIN is not that much known here in Brazil. Their solo concert in Rio was recently canceled due to low tickets demand ( in fact, the only Lolla sideshow which was canceled, as Arcade Fire, Muse, Cage The Elephant and Jake Bugg side gigs are still on - Muse's even sold-out ). So I'm hoping this will be an opportunity to increase NIN's popularity in here - and I'm really, really hoping that Trent make some smalls changes on the setlist and put "Closer" ( NIN's best known song in here ) back on and, believe me: "Everything", which was the only HM song played in radio here in Sao Paulo.

Anne.
04-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Here's the possible link for tomorrow's Festival in Bogota. Most likely it will be restricted for foreign viewers but hopefully hola will work. NIN start at 22:00 local time.
http://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/2014/live/

billpulsipher
04-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Argentina stream is up on dime

r_k_f
04-02-2014, 01:11 PM
I love Ilan on bass... or maybe I just love all the subtle musical changes on everything with this 4 piece configuration..

Corona Radiata
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Argentina stream is up on dime
The same bad quality one on Youtube or a good one?

billpulsipher
04-02-2014, 01:33 PM

better quality than youtube, similar to the Lowlands stream from last summer.....

r_k_f
04-02-2014, 01:55 PM
The Great Destroyer breakdown was insane..

ryanmcfly
04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Need audio.

BRoswell
04-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Watching the Argentina stream. Swear to god I heard "Are you ready to take a pounding?" right before they went into the end of March Of The Pigs.

EDIT: Goddamn! The Great Destroyer was KILLER.

EDIT 2: Uh, Hand Covers Bruise into Beside You In Time? Perfect marriage of music.

TheBang
04-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Based on the lineage he posted, it looks like a direct stream rip. Glad someone was able to get it and post it.

implanted_microchip
04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Does anyone think there's any chance whatsoever of a fifth member joining the band for the SG tour or the European tour? Not that I don't like the 4 piece, but it would be nice for everyone to have an appropriate place and have less backing tracks.

m15a
04-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Does anyone think there's any chance whatsoever of a fifth member joining the band for the SG tour or the European tour? Not that I don't like the 4 piece, but it would be nice for everyone to have an appropriate place and have less backing tracks.

Yeah, there's a reasonable chance. There's time to rehearse, and Trent's obviously open to changing things between legs.

Fist Fuck
04-02-2014, 03:31 PM
I hope they'll hire a bassist and Ilan can focus on the drums (and piano). Other than that, the line-up is great. I'd also like to see Trent on more instruments throughtout the show, like during the 2009 tours.

dvdglss
04-02-2014, 03:43 PM
a fifth member wont join until Trent and management see it's profitable enough to get one again. I mentioned somewhere, that Tension didn't sell out and if it's on Trent's dime, it's not cost effective to have 4 other members.

my reasoning at least.

implanted_microchip
04-02-2014, 03:45 PM
a fifth member wont join until Trent and management see it's profitable enough to get one again. I mentioned somewhere, that Tension didn't sell out and if it's on Trent's dime, it's not cost effective to have 4 other members.

my reasoning at least.

There's a big difference between paying 4 more people and paying 1 more person, though, and if the visuals stay so stripped down then it shouldn't really be that big of a cost compared to Tension. I adore the current lineup but really, Ilan really ought to stay on drums (he's fine on bass, don't get me wrong, but I doubt I'm alone in not liking that we lack live drums on a few different tracks).

Kyle
04-02-2014, 03:49 PM
There's a big difference between paying 4 more people and paying 1 more person, though, and if the visuals stay so stripped down then it shouldn't really be that big of a cost compared to Tension. I adore the current lineup but really, Ilan really ought to stay on drums (he's fine on bass, don't get me wrong, but I doubt I'm alone in not liking that we lack live drums on a few different tracks).
I think the visuals were a much bigger expense than one extra musician.

Also, ticket sales should be higher for this tour.

OchoBits
04-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Here's the possible link for tomorrow's Festival in Bogota. Most likely it will be restricted for foreign viewers but hopefully hola will work. NIN start at 22:00 local time.
http://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/2014/live/

I really doubt that FEP has resources to stream the festival, don't get your hopes up.

TheBang
04-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I really doubt that FEP has resources to stream the festival, don't get your hopes up.
There was a news article saying it was going to be streamed. It's just a matter of finding it.

SM Rollinger
04-02-2014, 04:52 PM
I just watched the Argentina show, and had a few thoughts.

-So far my favorite version of Sanctified is the Tension one, it just sounds so much fuller than the others. That, and Pino just kills it with that bass line, how it almost follows the flow and ebb of the original song, but with some added funk. I bet Trent just told him to do whatever he wanted with it. Regardless, im just glad to have it back. I think we can all agree that this song has seen the most revisions in the entire catalog.

-I always thought that Hand Covers Bruise would make a great live cut, but the transition into BYIT and then into Copy is just genius. The lighting is great too, specifically for Copy. Although nothing was better than when they opened the show with it during the 2013 Festivals, with the panels and Trent starting the show with an empty stage and keyboard. LOLz at the Lowlands festival show where he was telling the crowd to 'get ready to have a bad time'. Although the "transporter room" sthick during Tension was pretty neat, the ligiting now just makes more sense. Also, It could just be the recording, but there was a new "squishy" sounding noise during the middle to end part of the song. Weird....

-Whats wrong with Robins guitar on BCD? I dont get, it sounded just fine to me. And I love his goofy vocals during BYIT, just awesome. I missing hearing him doing the "rain rain go away" part during Down In It. :( :(

-Speaking of goofy, Trent looks like he is going corporate with that haircut. IMO he should grow it out, bring back the chops (or zorro), and start playing Happiness in Slavery and/or The Only Time again.

ninlive
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Just uploaded the Lolla Argentina video to the archive.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2014/20140401.html

ManBurning
04-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Although nothing was better than when they opened the show with it during the 2013 Festivals, with the panels and Trent starting the show with an empty stage and keyboard. LOLz at the Lowlands festival show where he was telling the crowd to 'get ready to have a bad time'.

Fully agreed. I was just watching that stream earlier today and came to the conclusion that the 4 piece "Copy of A" doesn't quite have the same punch to the face that the Festival 2013 or Tension versions did. After hearing the Argentina one, I stopped the stream and loaded the Lollapalooza 2013 stream instead. That version is much more epic. I also liked the live drum version of it as well. I think Trent needs to go back and hire a 5th person again, some of the songs seem to be lacking something on these shows, they could use the extra hands.

I hope it's back to a 5 piece band for the Soundgarden tour this summer.

The Great Destroyer sounded amazing though. I think the 4 piece works great for Year Zero material. Trent looked like he was having a goddamn blast playing that song.
They even changed it up, the Argentina versions outro was different from any version I have heard before. Seems like him and Ally just have fun mashing keys down and whatever comes out, comes out. It's basically the "Happiness of Slavery" of 2014.

TheRealNs1
04-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I know I'm a little late to the game, but holy fucking christ "hand covers bruise" -> "beside you in time" is perfect.

One of my favorite segues so far, on any tour.

Along with...
Frail -> Wretched (any tour)
A Warm Place -> Something Damaged (Tension 2013)

Any other notable ones?

I assume we're all listening to the Lolla webcast. The Great Destroyer breakdown started off ehhhh, but then turned into an assault on the ears (in a good way).

Landshark
04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
One of my favorite segues so far, on any tour.

Along with...
Frail -> Wretched (any tour)
A Warm Place -> Something Damaged (Tension 2013)

Any other notable ones?

La Mer -> Into the Void from the 2006 summer tour. Still one of my favorites.

http://youtu.be/kYvUg5LTJ0s

Ryan
04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I haven't heard it yet but I'm guessing Hand Covers Cruise into Beside You In Time is excellent.

botley
04-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Your guess is correct!

m33k
04-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Seems like him and Ally just have fun mashing keys down and whatever comes out, comes out. It's basically the "Happiness of Slavery" of 2014.

IMHO... I don't think I've ever seen Ally seem like he was having fun. The man is as stoic on stage as they come. Him and Pino should have had a staring contest during A Warm Place for each Tension set.

nooneimportant
04-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Trent's face during The Great Destroyer glitch fest is great. It's not very often you see him get visibly happy during shows, but he was totally enjoying the hell out of that. It reminds me of how I felt when I first heard that part, I was just totally amazed by how insane it gets.

GoodSoldier333
04-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Just watched the Lollapalooza set from Argentina. SUNSPOTS breakdown at the end of Sanctified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ninlive
04-02-2014, 11:31 PM
The Great Destroyer breakdown was insane..

Loved it too. But they need to bring back the 2007 breakdown with "Happiness In Slavery."

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/samples/2007/20070826rob.mp3

Just watched the Lollapalooza set from Argentina. SUNSPOTS breakdown at the end of Sanctified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Been using that since the Tension Tour.

Kyle
04-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Loved it too. But they need to bring back the 2007 breakdown with "Happiness In Slavery."

What show is that TGD from?

martin_b
04-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Kyle, based on the file name it should be from 2007/08/26 Reading, UK.

Kyle
04-03-2014, 01:58 AM
@Kyle (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3135), based on the file name it should be from 2007/08/26 Reading, UK.
That's what I thought so I looked up that show on RITC. TGD is played. But there are two recordings of the show. One is rated a 3 out of 5 and listening to the sample, this is clearly not that recording since it sounds much better. The other recording is from a pro-shot video but it says that it's only the last six songs. To include TGD it would have to be the last 8 songs. And that was why I asked. :)

ManBurning
04-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Holy shit! I've never heard that Great Destroyer with the Happiness in Slavery glitch part mixed in there before, that's amazing! Should totally bring that back. Was that a one off show, or were they doing that for the whole tour?

fillow
04-03-2014, 04:24 AM
From time to time. Not at one show definitely, but not at every show either.

SM Rollinger
04-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Holy shit! I've never heard that Great Destroyer with the Happiness in Slavery glitch part mixed in there before, that's amazing! Should totally bring that back. Was that a one off show, or were they doing that for the whole tour?
Im pretty sure it was a one off, but yes, it needs to be brought back.

edit: Nevermind they did it a couple times. Im a fan of the 2007.08.21 shows, they open with Me, Im Not and its a great, drawn out intro. Hyperpower into Beginning of the End too, good tape.

Fist Fuck
04-03-2014, 05:45 AM
I know that an additional player would need to get paid. That has never been a problem - until now? Also, why do a tour like Tension that's not profitable just to play without any production/5th band member in every other country that's NOT the US?

The shows NIN booked in Europe are really big, in almost every city they play the biggest (indoor) venue. Those no production/experimental setlist/song arrangement shows don't really work for that.

Edit: The Great Destroyer does sound fucking amazing!

kercyx
04-03-2014, 06:03 AM
That's what I thought so I looked up that show on RITC. TGD is played. But there are two recordings of the show. One is rated a 3 out of 5 and listening to the sample, this is clearly not that recording since it sounds much better. The other recording is from a pro-shot video but it says that it's only the last six songs. To include TGD it would have to be the last 8 songs. And that was why I asked. :)

Good point, I wonder where it's from too... it sounds so fucking awesome !

TheBang
04-03-2014, 06:29 AM
It appears to be an uncirculated source. I believe Ryan will be posting it to RITC in the near future.

They did it for most of the latter part of Performance 2007.

botley
04-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Whats wrong with Robins guitar on BCD? I dont get, it sounded just fine to me. And I love his goofy vocals during BYIT, just awesome. I missing hearing him doing the "rain rain go away" part during Down In It. :( :(

-Speaking of goofy, Trent looks like he is going corporate with that haircut. IMO he should grow it out, bring back the chops (or zorro), and start playing Happiness in Slavery and/or The Only Time again.
LOL 90s. Robin's voice sounds like a dying goat.

r_k_f
04-03-2014, 07:26 AM

What show is that TGD from?

In this latest version of The Great Destroyer, what is in that breakdown? I hear familiar shit but cant place it? its very "Fixed-ish"?? I gotta go back and listen to Fixed now..

It's like a digital money shot of 1's and 0's

fillow
04-03-2014, 08:30 AM
They used pieces from both Happiness in Slavery and its remix Screaming Slave. So yeah, Fixed is there too.

ninlive
04-03-2014, 10:14 AM
It appears to be an uncirculated source. I believe Ryan will be posting it to RITC in the near future.
They did it for most of the latter part of Performance 2007.

This is correct. I just received it yesterday [along with some other cool stuff! :)] and will be posting it throughout the week/month. I have so many tapes right now it's a bit overwhelming. Not complaining though!

Kyle
04-03-2014, 11:55 AM
This is correct. I just received it yesterday [along with some other cool stuff! :)] and will be posting it throughout the week/month. I have so many tapes right now it's a bit overwhelming. Not complaining though!

I'll definitely be downloading that one when it's up. That sounded awesome.

martin_b
04-03-2014, 01:18 PM
They used pieces from both Happiness in Slavery and its remix Screaming Slave. So yeah, Fixed is there too.

I was pretty sure that there where also something from the TFA... Maybe I'm wrong but I must listen it another 20 times!

Corona Radiata
04-03-2014, 02:50 PM
What's going on stream-wise today?

cynicmuse
04-03-2014, 03:28 PM
What's going on stream-wise today?
In theory, it should be here: http://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/2014/live/ However, all I've seen so far is instagram and twitter and other social media crap. Though maybe they're not starting the stream until later in the day? It's also not clear what they will be streaming if they're streaming. Maybe only what google translate is calling the Tigo Music Stage? If that's the case, the stream wouldn't start until 5:45pm CDT.

SM Rollinger
04-03-2014, 03:41 PM
I really dont think the "not having a 5th member" is due to lack of financial resources. Im sure the Rez could either call in some favors or get someone to do it pro-bono, if he absolutley felt it necessary to have that 5th person. Im sure its by choice.

Binky007
04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
"Facetious statement disclaimer" : I'm sure if Trent could have Ilan play everyone elses' part we might be down to a two piece.

Corona Radiata
04-03-2014, 03:49 PM
In theory, it should be here: http://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/2014/live/ However, all I've seen so far is instagram and twitter and other social media crap. Though maybe they're not starting the stream until later in the day? It's also not clear what they will be streaming if they're streaming. Maybe only what google translate is calling the Tigo Music Stage? If that's the case, the stream wouldn't start until 5:45pm CDT.

Saw this from their Facebook feed. Translation from Google:

Repeat # EstereoPicnic2014 be possible.
Thank OnDIRECTV will enjoy the show of Red Hot Chili Peppers and all our artists during August tuning channels 201 & 1201

Our best memories are saved!

SM Rollinger
04-03-2014, 04:21 PM
In my archives, I have these versions titled "The Great Destroyer (Screaming Slave)". Glad you brought that up :)

On the topic of Happiness, has anyone else ever felt like Trents re-working of Symphony of Destruction, was done around the same time as Slavery and its different remixes? They all feel like their from the same place and share noises.

TheBang
04-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Saw this from their Facebook feed. Translation from Google:

Repeat # EstereoPicnic2014 be possible.
Thank OnDIRECTV will enjoy the show of Red Hot Chili Peppers and all our artists during August tuning channels 201 & 1201

Our best memories are saved!
Yup, here's what I've been able to piece together. There's a channel called "OnDIRECTV" which is on DirecTV Latin America and Caribbean, channel 1201 (for the HD feed). They'll be showing the festival in August.

https://twitter.com/OnDIRECTV/status/451772116279779328
http://www.ondirectv.com
http://www.directvcaribbean.com/re/programming/ondirectv
https://www.facebook.com/festivalestereopicnic/photos/a.170717212975597.34836.145145142199471/661315123915801/?type=1&stream_ref=10

And based on the comments on that Facebook photo, no one has found an Internet stream for today yet.

Update: Actually, this tweet says "Best Of", so it's possible NIN wouldn't even be broadcast, or just a partial set:

https://twitter.com/festereopicnic/status/451751305863000065

Ryan
04-03-2014, 05:48 PM
How long from now before they go on stage in Colombia?

Corona Radiata
04-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Should be 11:00PM Eastern Time.

Ryan
04-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Should be 11:00PM Eastern Time.

This is making up for the canceled LITS show in 2008.

Let us prepare our diddly holes.

Ryan
04-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Opened with MOTP?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/parque-deportivo-222-bogota-colombia-1bc25524.html

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Piggy (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Piggy)

Kyle
04-03-2014, 11:08 PM
It's probably another one of those incomplete updates based on social media posts.

Either that or a very unorthodox opening.

Ryan
04-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Come to think of it, I'd love to see a show open like that.

icecream
04-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Come to think of it, I'd love to see a show open like that.
With the synth intro that was on BYIT too, that would be really cool

Ryan
04-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Hellllooooo.. anyone from Colombia with a set list plz?

OchoBits
04-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Hellllooooo.. anyone from Colombia with a set list plz?

Not in the correct order:

Pinion
Copy
Letting
Terrible
Warning
Wish
March
Piggy
Frail
Wretched
Dissapointed
Burn
Destroyer
Hand
Beside
Sanctified
Gave
Hand
Head

Krazy
04-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Gave...
Hand...
Head...

I regret not going to this show, quite the uhhhh... "happy ending". o_O

Ryan
04-04-2014, 02:00 AM
She spreads herself wide open to let the gave hand heads in

Krazy
04-04-2014, 02:04 AM
"Will you bite the head..... that feeds!!!"

l'll be here all night folks, remember to tip your bouncer.

jmtd
04-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Try the fist!

Ryan
04-04-2014, 03:32 AM
The Eater of Dreams
Copy of A
Wish
Letting You
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
The Frail
The Wretched
The Warning
Survivalism
Disappointed
Burn
The Great Destroyer
Sanctified
Gave Up
Hand Covers Bruise
(Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross cover)
Beside You in Time
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

sick among the pure
04-04-2014, 03:37 AM
The Eater of Dreams
Copy of A
Wish
Letting You
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
The Frail
The Wretched
The Warning
Survivalism
Disappointed
Burn
The Great Destroyer
Sanctified
Gave Up
Hand Covers Bruise
(Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross cover)
Beside You in Time
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

The other setlist sounded better. (Partially because I was kinda hoping Pinion was a thing again, I miss the anxiety of that guitar slowly looping and driving us crazy waiting for it to lead into the first song. But mostly because gave hand head joke.)

Ryan
04-04-2014, 03:41 AM
I think in all likelihood it was Pinion / The Eater of Dreams mash up.

Ryan
04-04-2014, 03:42 AM
Also, no Hurt? Trent likes Colombia so much as to not put them through that tedious final song!

nooneimportant
04-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Also going back to the Happiness in Slavery breakdown in the middle of The Great Destroyer, this video seems to indicate that it's a live version of Happiness In Slavery being used but the question is what version would that be? There's only two known soundboard recordings from the Self Destruct era... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atWREh2X-WQ

Ryan
04-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Is there mother feckin Pinion spliced with The eater of dicks in Colombia or just the latter as according to setlist dot fm? There was no Hurt at the end so I guess it's a possibirity (Asian accent)

Kyle
04-04-2014, 06:35 AM
It was probably the pinion/eod mashup again.

Which personally i think doesn't quite sound right.

Ryan
04-04-2014, 06:37 AM
WHY DO YOU THINK IT NOT SOUND RIGHT?

I THINK SOUND AWESOME!

/caveman

r_k_f
04-04-2014, 07:48 AM
"Facetious statement disclaimer" : I'm sure if Trent could have Ilan play everyone elses' part we might be down to a two piece.

I'd be ok with a two piece Trent & Aly show... Sonic Glitchfest, just 2 straight hours of the Great Destroyer Breakdown..

OchoBits
04-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Sorry for the previous setlist, I was on a phone.

I think it was Pinion/Eater of Dreams. I can't really remember. Hurt wasn't played because Trent was pissed as fuck because a malfunction during Burn and I think they ran out of time.

Also, he said the coolest shit during the soft parts of MOTP: "25 years and we make it... and everything is alright"

m15a
04-04-2014, 10:46 AM
I'd be ok with a two piece Trent & Aly show... Sonic Glitchfest, just 2 straight hours of the Great Destroyer Breakdown..

Trent & Allie would make a great sitcom, too.

andre78
04-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Hurt wasn't played because Trent was pissed as fuck because a malfunction during Burn and I think they ran out of time.

He also seemed pissed while getting to the venue, citing it was an "Endless, hellish travel to the show" on Instagram.

OchoBits
04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
He also seemed pissed while getting to the venue, citing it was an "Endless, hellish travel to the show" on Instagram.

Our traffic is shit, it's even worse going to that venue. Poor dudes.

andre78
04-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Well, he's on for another hellish time tomorrow, since the venue for Lollapalooza São Paulo is is the city's surroundings and traffic to get there will definitely get heavy.

Hey Perry Farrell: get some helicopters for your artists!

r_k_f
04-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Trent & Allie would make a great sitcom, too.

Call it:
Two Broke Synths?

jessamineny
04-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Trent would die of an asthma attack from living with all of Alessandro's cats.

bowler_hat
04-05-2014, 05:52 AM
Look what I just found! http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/baltic_news/?doc=12874

Sounds like there's a week of rehearsals before the start of the European Tour. That gives time to either add a fifth member or I'm guessing more likely to add the 'bells and whistles' Trent mentioned to Zane Lowe.

Either way, I'm excited!!!!

WorzelG
04-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Look what I just found! http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/baltic_news/?doc=12874

Sounds like there's a week of rehearsals before the start of the European Tour. That gives time to either add a fifth member or I'm guessing more likely to add the 'bells and whistles' Trent mentioned to Zane Lowe.

Either way, I'm excited!!!!
And did you notice there are 40 crew approx whereas for the festivals there were 26 and 48 or so for Tension, so somewhere in the middle. Fingers crossed

TheBang
04-05-2014, 07:44 AM
According to this schedule:

http://multishow.globo.com/especiais/lollapalooza/infograficos/lollapalooza-brasil-2014-grade-de-horarios.htm

NIN will be streamed on the web live at 7:55 PM Sao Paulo time. Also, according to the channel, it will also be broadcast on TV (Multishow channel) in HD (as you can also see on their TV guide (http://multishow.globo.com/programacao.html).

Here is the web streaming channel where the main stage will be shown, for NIN:

http://multishow.globo.com/lollapalooza2014/cobertura/

Unfortunately, it is region restricted. You will need a proxy or VPN in Brazil. It's possible that I might be able to get an unprotected link like for Chile, but I won't know until later.

It's also possible that you might be able to view it here, on these pages which are rebroadcasting the Multishow channel from Brazil:

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/07/watch-multi-show-tv-brazil-free-online-multi-show-tv/
http://tvtoss.com/pages/player.php?ch_id=959602807&ctd=10&t=Brazil%20TV%20Channels

andre78
04-05-2014, 09:19 AM
There's also the G1 news site, which is the main media partner for Lolla Brazil - there's a chance that some videos from the concert show up in there: http://g1.globo.com/musica/lollapalooza/2014/

Corona Radiata
04-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Has the stream begun yet? I got past the region block but I can't connect to the video.

TheBang
04-05-2014, 02:11 PM

OK, the stream is active. Unfortunately, it is really locked down. You won't be able to view it without a proxy.

Corona Radiata
04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
My computer is being a twat and isn't letting my change my proxy settings. :(

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-05-2014, 03:17 PM
This is working for me: http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-br/ pick a proxy and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.

MechaFM
04-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Hola in Chrome is working for me. I think Imagine Dragons are on now, not sure if it's live or not. The stream is SUPER laggy though.

Anne.
04-05-2014, 04:36 PM
According to this schedule:

http://multishow.globo.com/especiais/lollapalooza/infograficos/lollapalooza-brasil-2014-grade-de-horarios.htm

NIN will be streamed on the web live at 7:55 PM Sao Paulo time. Also, according to the channel, it will also be broadcast on TV (Multishow channel) in HD (as you can also see on their TV guide (http://multishow.globo.com/programacao.html).

Unfortunately, it is region restricted. You will need a proxy or VPN in Brazil. It's possible that I might be able to get an unprotected link like for Chile, but I won't know until later.

It's also possible that you might be able to view it here, on these pages which are rebroadcasting the Multishow channel from Brazil:

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/07/watch-multi-show-tv-brazil-free-online-multi-show-tv/
http://tvtoss.com/pages/player.php?ch_id=959602807&ctd=10&t=Brazil%20TV%20Channels
Can you post a link for VLC like you did couple of days ago? :)
Thanks a lot. :)

Merovee
04-05-2014, 04:39 PM
I think the NowWatchTvLive one is working I saw Lorde she's a cute lil thing.

Corona Radiata
04-05-2014, 04:45 PM
My shit computer won't let me use a proxy. I plug the numbers in but it keeps on going back to the default no matter what I do.

Corona Radiata
04-05-2014, 04:49 PM
How is the quality of this compared to the direct stream? http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/07/watch-multi-show-tv-brazil-free-online-multi-show-tv/

Are you going to be able to get a VLC link TheBang?

cynicmuse
04-05-2014, 04:54 PM
How is the quality of this compared to the direct stream? http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/07/watch-multi-show-tv-brazil-free-online-multi-show-tv/

Are you going to be able to get a VLC link TheBang?
There won't be a direct link. That worked because they were idiots. They only region blocked the portion required to get the content, and not the content itself. Lollapalooza Brazil has everything region locked.

ryanp16
04-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Hey guys, this stream works. Go full screen to get rid of the ad. http://tv-msn.com/multishow.html

Also are we certain NIN is being streamed?

Corona Radiata
04-05-2014, 05:06 PM
According to the schedule on their site, yes. NIN is being streamed after Lorde and followed by Muse.

ryanp16
04-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Cheers, Broski. ;)

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-05-2014, 05:41 PM
What about how to get rid of the damn Lysol ad audio? I can't find the source to shut it off.. Anyone know?

TheBang
04-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Setlist

http://s.glbimg.com/en/ce/media/photos/img/multishow.globo.com/cobertura/lollapalooza2014/2014/04/05/set-nin--cobert.jpg

Merovee
04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Interview with Trent at the last minute. Dude looks highly uncomfortable lol.

MechaFM
04-05-2014, 06:01 PM
NIN's on now. I'm getting pretty good quality on the official streaming site, trying to record as much as possible.

Edit: Gah, it's choppy as fuck.

Airbornefeline
04-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Are you suffering from a bunch of lag as I am? Using Hola Unblocker it has to stop to buffer for like 30 seconds every 5 seconds. It's unwatchable for me unless I go to one of the really poor quality streams.

MechaFM
04-05-2014, 06:08 PM
It's not perfect but I wouldnt say unwatchable. So far I got about all of Wish but Letting You was super choppy and kept jumping to different parts of the song.

TheBang
04-05-2014, 06:14 PM
cynicmuse and I are getting a good capture.

Dan_NIИ_77
04-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Had a few failed attempts at removing the add as it wouldn't show video on full screen but finally got it working, pretty low quality with the occasional freeze on the other side of the world but it's still making my morning.

TheBang
04-05-2014, 06:48 PM
The people chanting for "Closer" are going to be disappointed.

MechaFM
04-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Was the crowd just chanting for closer?

Merovee
04-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Was the crowd just chanting for closer?

Yes. Yes, they were.

Afterwards Trent went to go put his guitar or bass on and I woulda swore he was kinda smirking.

Five bucks says he was thinking "Well maybe I should've put that in the setlist" lmao.

Fist Fuck
04-05-2014, 07:02 PM
The Great Destroyer. Holy shit, that's intense.

Closer chants were hilarious. Too bad the quality of my stream sucks, hopefully there'll be a proper recording of this.

fillow
04-05-2014, 07:03 PM
re: setlist
Surely they can't start with With without Pinion/TEOD and do BIYT without Hand Covers Bruise?

MechaFM
04-05-2014, 07:05 PM
re: setlist
Surely they can't start with With without Pinion/TEOD and do BIYT without Hand Covers Bruise?

They DID open with Pinion/TEOD, the commentators were just talking over it.

nooneimportant
04-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Copy of A is not being played, BYIT goes directly into THTF.

EDIT: Barely a gasp of air before going into Head Like a Hole, it was an instant start. They're burning through this set probably because of the set time? I dunno.

Vrolok1
04-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Copy of A is not being played, BYIT goes directly into THTF.

there's no Copy of A, Copy of a

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Now what to do until the next dose of NIN @ midnight..

Krazy
04-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Now what to do until the next dose of NIN @ midnight..

Final Four, homey. (or is it "homie"? meh, whatever)

Or porn. There's always porn.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Final Four, homey. (or is it "homie"? meh, whatever)

Or porn. There's always porn.
Or there's this:
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365208812/

sick among the pure
04-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Or there's this:
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365208812/

He already mentioned porn.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I guess everyone has their own definition..

sick among the pure
04-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Did anyone record the "short interview" with Trent beforehand? Saw his instagram, assuming it's from that?

MechaFM
04-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Did anyone record the "short interview" with Trent beforehand? Saw his instagram, assuming it's from that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLAZuC8P0M&feature=youtu.be

Hurry, before they sue me and hunt me down.

Ryan
04-05-2014, 11:31 PM

Trent's face was so awkward throughout that whole thing.

Like ... :-|

Anne.
04-06-2014, 08:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=medSMGaWnkY

MechaFM
04-06-2014, 10:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVxGYZG-9o&feature=youtu.be

I love the new beats at the beginning.

MechaFM
04-06-2014, 11:07 AM
The Great Destroyer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM2WW8dY5k8&feature=youtu.be

The lighting during the breakdown is pretty sick.

gorast
04-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I wasn't watching BYIT, just listening to it, so when Trent didn't sing a line at first I thought his mic had cut out or something, but then the second time it happened it sounded like he was letting the crowd scream it instead. Holy shit. Did I hear that right?

billpulsipher
04-06-2014, 11:54 AM
did anyone record the stream/tv broadcast? Its not on dime as of now

theimage13
04-06-2014, 11:56 AM
did anyone record the stream/tv broadcast? Its not on dime as of now

I thought you didn't like NIN anymore?

m33k
04-06-2014, 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=medSMGaWnkY

Did he go blank at around 1:25?? I've seen him mess up lyrics before but it seemed like he just completely lost his train of thought.

r_k_f
04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
The Great Destroyer:

That breakdown just keeps getting better and better...

MechaFM
04-06-2014, 12:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02HzOtisEA&feature=youtu.be

The closer chanting at the end is pretty funny.

Tumnayar
04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
That version of TGD was awesome!

MechaFM
04-06-2014, 12:25 PM
I know a lot of people have been wondering about how Pinion and Eater of Dreams mix together and I'm not sure if there's any soundboard audio of it yet, so here it is. Apologies for the windows sounds near the end. Unfortunately my recording of wish was completely fucked up so I decided not to include it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxp8_1bRND4&feature=youtu.be

MechaFM
04-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Hand Covers Bruise into BYIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPoSrtwhfWg&feature=youtu.be

jessamineny
04-06-2014, 12:41 PM
The Great Destroyer:

Lately I've been wondering if QOTSA would overtake NIN for my favorite band.

And then I see shit like this.

All signs point to nope. :p

screwdriver
04-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Lately I've been wondering if QOTSA would overtake NIN for my favorite band.

And then I see shit like this.

All signs point to nope. :p

get out of my head jessamineny

Ryan
04-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Did he go blank at around 1:25?? I've seen him mess up lyrics before but it seemed like he just completely lost his train of thought.

lmfao yes he did. He said one word I couldn't make out.

At least it wasn't as bad as this...

As a matter of fact, we should gather as many live lyric fuck ups together as we can and make a long video out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVWSI_wOhw

Corona Radiata
04-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Holy shit. Is that real?

Ryan
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Indeed it is.

Corona Radiata
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM

I had the stream hooked up to my TV. When this was playing my mom said "he looks like a mechanic". lol

MechaFM
04-06-2014, 05:21 PM
And here come the copyright claims. :(. All my videos are gonna be taken down. :'(

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-06-2014, 09:00 PM
And here come the copyright claims. :(. All my videos are gonna be taken down. :'(

Really? From who Lolla or Columbia?

MechaFM
04-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Video title: Nine Inch Nails - Wish (Lollapalooza Brazil 2014)
Includes: Audiovisual content
Claimed by: Organizações Globo

Omega
04-08-2014, 10:49 AM

Lol, I was finishing the lyrics for him in that and in Even Deeper. Lol, perhaps he got a text from Q and he's like uh oh, what she want? I could have sworn I changed the diapers before I got up here, lol. I can't change them now, I am performing.

TheBang
04-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Check Dime for a 1080i HDTV capture of Lollapalooza Brazil.

dominik
04-10-2014, 12:49 PM

Awww. I think the interviewer was just really nervous and Trent found it kind of cute.

edit: HAHA, the goodbye was amazing.

gorast
04-10-2014, 12:56 PM
He asked really good questions, though, I think. Those are answers I haven't heard before, which is rare for people interviewing Trent.

Deepvoid
04-10-2014, 02:07 PM
I think we might get a secondary market arena tour for the fall.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Check Dime for a 1080i HDTV capture of Lollapalooza Brazil.

Woot woot Fuck yeah!

cahernandez
04-13-2014, 02:10 PM
I just watched some bits and pieces of the São Paulo performance. One of the tweets (in Portuguese) that were displayed on screen had something like "how come I didn't know anything about this band?" (awesome). Seems to go in hand with what the Brazilian guys in the show thread mentioned about NIN not being popular in Brazil. Glad to see that Ilan brought Josh's bass line back to Sanctified, I also like the additional blips and blops at the beginning of said song. But, the thing that became very apparent to me in this performance was the lack of Lisa and Sharlotte. They did add A LOT to the choruses, to be honest the vocals in the chorus for this Sanctified version felt a bit flat to me.

I mentioned this before earlier in this thread: do yourself a favor and book NIN tickets next time they play in South America. Just go to the beginning of Hand Covers Bruise, hear the crowd chant "Nine Inch Nails". Never heard that in any of the concerts I've seen in the US...did hear people chanting "NIN" at the Mexico City show in 2005. Speaking of Brazil, I was going to go there for the World Cup, but it did not seem cost effective so I cancelled my trip. But one day...

sick among the pure
04-13-2014, 07:33 PM
I just watched some bits and pieces of the São Paulo performance. One of the tweets (in Portuguese) that were displayed on screen had something like "how come I didn't know anything about this band?" (awesome). Seems to go in hand with what the Brazilian guys in the show thread mentioned about NIN not being popular in Brazil. Glad to see that Ilan brought Josh's bass line back to Sanctified, I also like the additional blips and blops at the beginning of said song. But, the thing that became very apparent to me in this performance was the lack of Lisa and Sharlotte. They did add A LOT to the choruses, to be honest the vocals in the chorus for this Sanctified version felt a bit flat to me.

I mentioned this before earlier in this thread: do yourself a favor and book NIN tickets next time they play in South America. Just go to the beginning of Hand Covers Bruise, hear the crowd chant "Nine Inch Nails". Never heard that in any of the concerts I've seen in the US...did hear people chanting "NIN" at the Mexico City show in 2005. Speaking of Brazil, I was going to go there for the World Cup, but it did not seem cost effective so I cancelled my trip. But one day...

I've been to a few shows where a good portion of the audience is chanting "Nine Inch Nails", though usually before the intro, or during the break before the encore. But I get what you're saying, that crowd looked so into it and it looked amazing.

billpulsipher
04-13-2014, 09:30 PM
25 years into their career and people still don't know who they are? If that is true then the blame goes on TR for touring there 0 times during the PHM and TDS and Fragility tours.....The Cure are beloved down there and it goes back to them doing a 3 week tour in 1987. Faith No More are like gods down there and it goes back to them touring for 1 entire month in 1991...TR should have put more effort in south America back in the day

Sarah K
04-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Yes. Trent is known for his lack of touring.

Krazy
04-13-2014, 10:16 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/B0D1FAD4-B08C-4A6D-81ED-4D1709AB6A86.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/B0D1FAD4-B08C-4A6D-81ED-4D1709AB6A86.jpg.html)

Ryan
04-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Sometimes I wish bullshitwhateverhisusernameis was able to stand in front of Trent and read out every post he's made about the band, then see what Trent's reaction is.

icecream
04-13-2014, 11:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVxGYZG-9o&feature=youtu.be

I love the new beats at the beginning.
Does anyone think those drums/synths towards the end sound like the ones at the beginning of That's What I Get?

Joy Prevention Hotline
04-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Oh great, bill is exporting his NIN conspiracy theories to South America now. It’ll be an international incident for sure.

Does anyone think those drums/synths towards the end sound like the ones at the beginning of That's What I Get?
You mean I gotta go back and listen to it again for another song reference? If you’re right, at this rate TR will have his entire career squished into the outros of one song or another.

fillow
04-14-2014, 02:26 AM
And why the fuck didn't NIN tour in USSR in 1991? Pink Floyd did it on Momentary Lapse tour so why not NIN? Maybe we wouldn't get Kiev/Moscow/StPete shows cancelled if he did. Damn you, Trent.

billpulsipher
04-14-2014, 10:39 AM
I could give two fucks if TR toured in SA back in the day, I don't live there so I could care less. I'm just explaining that not touring there for over 15 years is probably why NIN doesn't have a big following there

BRoswell
04-14-2014, 10:54 AM
When is Hole going to do a tour of the Amazon and play to all these ancient tribes who have never heard their music before? I mean, if we're going to talk about untapped markets here...

Sarah K
04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Alaskan Wilderness 2015.

WorzelG
04-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Sadly Lady Gaga is going to be the first to do Space with all those untapped alien markets

Kyle
04-14-2014, 12:01 PM
No band has ever played a concert in my basement before. Do you hear me, Trent? Think of that untapped potential.

Ryan
04-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Ryan's Bed: Tension 2.0 - 2015

Kyle
04-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Ryan's Bed: Tension 2.0 - 2015
They can bring a whole new set of instruments to be played there.

Krazy
04-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Who's on skin flute???...

Ryan
04-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Who's on skin flute???...

Mariqueen of course.

howdidislipinto
04-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Not that it necessarily has anything to do with current tour woes, but man, getting the chance to travel to Chile to see LITS Over South America in Santiago was one of the best experiences/shows of my life. One of the most passionate, friendly, beautiful crowds I've ever been in. My brother and I were probably the only english speakers in our general vicinity, but goddamn if everyone didn't know every single word to every single song (new or old, single or deep cut) and yell along to every one. It's still one of my favourite NIN memories.

I could give two fucks... I could care less...

No comment necessary.

nooneimportant
04-15-2014, 02:04 AM
The version of Disappointed from Lollapalooza Brazil adds a totally new spin on the song. It's amazing. Ilan just rocks the shit out of the bass during this show.

Joy Prevention Hotline
04-15-2014, 11:26 PM
The version of Disappointed from Lollapalooza Brazil adds a totally new spin on the song. It's amazing. Ilan just rocks the shit out of the bass during this show.
Proves that song doesn't need the visuals after all.

TheRealNs1
04-16-2014, 11:47 AM

none of the songs "need" visuals. They're just awesome - like the proverbial cherry on top.

TheRealNs1
04-16-2014, 01:04 PM
hm.....

NIN Made in America festival, expanded to Philly AND Los Angeles.

Los Angeles = 8/30, 8/31. Last NIN show of NA tour = 8/25.

Lineup not yet announced and early bird tix are $120/2 day pass. What you guys think? Will NIN return to MIA fest and bring SG with them? Should I (we) make the pemberton gamble?

Kyle
04-16-2014, 01:15 PM
hm.....

NIN Made in America festival, expanded to Philly AND Los Angeles.

Los Angeles = 8/30, 8/31. Last NIN show of NA tour = 8/25.

Lineup not yet announced and early bird tix are $120/2 day pass. What you guys think? Will NIN return to MIA fest and bring SG with them? Should I (we) make the pemberton gamble?
Wouldn't their show in la conflict with the contract?

FernandoDante
04-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I was there, and I kinda missed some visuals on Disappointed. The song just goes on forever - especially for a festival setting. Most skippable song on that setlist.

FernandoDante
04-16-2014, 02:37 PM
I could give two fucks if TR toured in SA back in the day, I don't live there so I could care less. I'm just explaining that not touring there for over 15 years is probably why NIN doesn't have a big following there
While billpulsipher is pretty much factually wrong about most things he says here, NIN do have a pretty terrible presence in South America - especially in Brazil.

People just don't know the band. They're not mentioned in the media, the fan community is relatively small and not that engaged in anything. When they played in 2005, headlining festivals, people didn't know the band either - as surprising as the gig was, they didn't maintain the momentum. The lack of a record label in 2008 did harm their publicity down here, and the piss-poor ticket sales led to the band cancelling half a tour. Again, people don't fucking know the band, so they're not buying tickets. Being "that band that cancels shows" also doesn't make anyone more popular. Their presence in South America could have been managed better over the past few years, and the 2008 incident has a lot to do with that. Some people just dropped out of possibly getting into a band that had potential to grow here, but didn't.

Then the reunion comes around, and you think people will give more of a shit, but it hasn't changed that much. The Lollapalooza Brasil crowd was divided between superfans way close to the stage, and a bunch of curious people just standing back and probably being disappointed that there were no shiny screens involved. Then there's the abysmal ticket sales in Rio to cap it all off, and the fact that the band couldn't (didn't want to?) play to a half-empty crowd or be changed to a smaller venue. Hell, Arcade Fire were in a similar situation, playing to 3000 people at a 7000-capacity venue (the same as NIN's) and they still showed up. I don't see any promoters booking NIN in this country ever again. And I don't think Trent is itching to spend a lot of money on bringing his expensive solo gig down here either.

For comparison, I look at QOTSA's relationship with South American fans. They played a lame set to a crowd that couldn't give a fuck at Rock In Rio 2001. They came back in 2010 to play a bunch of festivals at less-than-optimal slot times, but they were still well-received, and clearly cared a lot about showing how pleased they were with the crowds. In 2013, they played their very first gig in like two years here in Brazil, debuting a new song, accompanied by a ton of simultaneous blowjobs with South American fan pages on Facebook and whatnot. They established their presence here pretty well, and now they're playing a bunch of headlining gigs in South America in September. I used to think "well QOTSA are just all-around more popular", but then I realize they're never properly invited to headline festivals the way NIN were several times last year. In fact, NIN played a higher slot than QOTSA at Lollapalooza Brasil, except not in the same year. Not that it means anything, but NIN even have like half a million more likes on Facebook than QOTSA.

So, TL;DR: I think NIN could've been bigger in Brazil. Now they're never, ever coming back to The Land That Cancels Concerts.

botley
04-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Ye of little faith.

TheRealNs1
04-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't their show in la conflict with the contract?

What contract?

Kyle
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM
What contract?
The contract to play at MIA. They don't play for free. And it usually has a no compete clause. That's why there was no Philly Tension stop (or Chicago I believe)

TheRealNs1
04-16-2014, 03:55 PM
The contract to play at MIA. They don't play for free. And it usually has a no compete clause. That's why there was no Philly Tension stop (or Chicago I believe)

Guess we'll have to see? Anything in a contract can be negotiated.

Tix are relatively cheap now, might just buy presales and unload on eBay/CL if the lineup blows.

WorzelG
04-16-2014, 04:01 PM
While billpulsipher is pretty much factually wrong about most things he says here, NIN do have a pretty terrible presence in South America - especially in Brazil.

People just don't know the band. They're not mentioned in the media, the fan community is relatively small and not that engaged in anything. When they played in 2005, headlining festivals, people didn't know the band either - as surprising as the gig was, they didn't maintain the momentum. The lack of a record label in 2008 did harm their publicity down here, and the piss-poor ticket sales led to the band cancelling half a tour. Again, people don't fucking know the band, so they're not buying tickets. Being "that band that cancels shows" also doesn't make anyone more popular. Their presence in South America could have been managed better over the past few years, and the 2008 incident has a lot to do with that. Some people just dropped out of possibly getting into a band that had potential to grow here, but didn't.

Then the reunion comes around, and you think people will give more of a shit, but it hasn't changed that much. The Lollapalooza Brasil crowd was divided between superfans way close to the stage, and a bunch of curious people just standing back and probably being disappointed that there were no shiny screens involved. Then there's the abysmal ticket sales in Rio to cap it all off, and the fact that the band couldn't (didn't want to?) play to a half-empty crowd or be changed to a smaller venue. Hell, Arcade Fire were in a similar situation, playing to 3000 people at a 7000-capacity venue (the same as NIN's) and they still showed up. I don't see any promoters booking NIN in this country ever again. And I don't think Trent is itching to spend a lot of money on bringing his expensive solo gig down here either.

For comparison, I look at QOTSA's relationship with South American fans. They played a lame set to a crowd that couldn't give a fuck at Rock In Rio 2001. They came back in 2010 to play a bunch of festivals at less-than-optimal slot times, but they were still well-received, and clearly cared a lot about showing how pleased they were with the crowds. In 2013, they played their very first gig in like two years here in Brazil, debuting a new song, accompanied by a ton of simultaneous blowjobs with South American fan pages on Facebook and whatnot. They established their presence here pretty well, and now they're playing a bunch of headlining gigs in South America in September. I used to think "well QOTSA are just all-around more popular", but then I realize they're never properly invited to headline festivals the way NIN were several times last year. In fact, NIN played a higher slot than QOTSA at Lollapalooza Brasil, except not in the same year. Not that it means anything, but NIN even have like half a million more likes on Facebook than QOTSA.

So, TL;DR: I think NIN could've been bigger in Brazil. Now they're never, ever coming back to The Land That Cancels Concerts.
I don't get why they can't just come and play small venues - they did in Tokyo and other places

elevenism
04-16-2014, 06:46 PM
you know, i've noticed that you are kind of an asshole...no offense. are you like this in real life too?

FernandoDante
04-16-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't get why they can't just come and play small venues - they did in Tokyo and other places
Yeah, that puzzles me too.

The asshole in me says it's an ego thing, where NIN assume it's their first gig here in years so they can sell out a fairly large venue. When they find out sales were pitiful, it's too humiliating to be downgraded to a smaller place, so they just cancel it.

Then there's the technical side, where apparently a smaller venue wouldn't fit their light show. Total bullshit. They played the Scala and the Troubadour with barely any setup, and didn't have any problems doing it. The venue in Japan was similarly small, right? Trent's excuse of not wanting to show just 4 people onstage without any visual spectacle is also kinda bullshit. South America got NIN's most basic visuals in years - and these were festivals broadcast to the world, not just standalone concerts. Australia didn't get much either. Trent seems to be ok with having below-average visuals (for NIN's standards anyway). I'd be ok with that too, if it meant a standalone gig.

I'd also be ok with Trent not coming back to North America saying: "welp, we were in Mexico and South America for the past few weeks, and LET'S JUST SAY, it's good to be back". But that's just me speculating on whether or not he actually enjoys/avoids playing SA.

EDIT: Yes, I'm grateful that I got to see NIN live. I just don't see it happening again in this country soon (or at all), so it's kind of a bummer at the same time.

WorzelG
04-17-2014, 01:15 AM
Yeah, that puzzles me too.

The asshole in me says it's an ego thing, where NIN assume it's their first gig here in years so they can sell out a fairly large venue. When they find out sales were pitiful, it's too humiliating to be downgraded to a smaller place, so they just cancel it.

They did downgrade in Prague though. Maybe there weren't any suitable venues available at the time. It's just a shame they never booked a smaller venue in the first place, perhaps promoters in Brazil are shit at organising appropriate venues?

icklekitty
04-17-2014, 06:46 AM
Nobody knows who the fuck Nine Inch Nails are here either and somehow the routinely play dozens of shows here per tour.

sick among the pure
04-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Guess we'll have to see? Anything in a contract can be negotiated.

Tix are relatively cheap now, might just buy presales and unload on eBay/CL if the lineup blows.

Last year for MIA, I just bought a one-day ticket (for NIN's day) on stubhub for like $40. So you can either get the 2-day and sell it off, or wait and buy a 1-day if they are playing.

jessamineny
04-17-2014, 09:42 AM
I think that largely worked in our favor, though, because of all the Beyonce fans who had no interest in Day Two and wanted to make at least some of their money back.

ryanmcfly
04-17-2014, 10:01 AM
I enjoyed my Made in America experience last year, on both days. But that's probably because it was my first major festival.

m15a
04-17-2014, 11:52 AM

Then there's the technical side, where apparently a smaller venue wouldn't fit their light show. Total bullshit. They played the Scala and the Troubadour with barely any setup, and didn't have any problems doing it. The venue in Japan was similarly small, right? Trent's excuse of not wanting to show just 4 people onstage without any visual spectacle is also kinda bullshit. South America got NIN's most basic visuals in years - and these were festivals broadcast to the world, not just standalone concerts. Australia didn't get much either. Trent seems to be ok with having below-average visuals (for NIN's standards anyway). I'd be ok with that too, if it meant a standalone gig.

But is there any evidence to either of these theories (that playing in a smaller venue would be a humiliation or that the lighting prevents them from playing smaller venues)? It sounds pretty contradictory to what we do know, i.e., that they are willing to play smaller venues. There are probably some logistical issues with changing venues.

ManBurning
04-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Gonna go ahead and leave this here, as well as in the NIN-spotting thread... double the exposure.

"Nine Inch Nails return to Europe to promote 2013's Hesitation Marks album next month...and Trent Reznor is rather excited. “Fuck you, wait 'til you see this!” he roars."

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/features/2014-04-17/trent-reznor-promises-sexy-nine-inch-nails-european-tour (http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/features/2014-04-17/trent-reznor-promises-sexy-nine-inch-nails-european-tour)

Does anyone have access to this full interview/Article? Assuming there even is a full atricle? I find it strange if this is all it is...

Kyle
04-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Nine Inch Nails return to Europe to promote 2013's Hesitation Marks album next month...and Trent Reznor is rather excited. “Fuck you, wait 'til you see this!” he roars.

What was it that made you resurrect Nine Inch Nails?

"It really wasn't part of a plan. I'd taken some time off from Nine Inch Nails because it felt like I'm not sure what to do with it any more: I've done it, and I think I've done it well, and rather than grind it into milking it for everything it's worth and it becoming a nostalgic career thing, let's try some new shit.”

So why return under the NIN banner?

“Well, I think, after doing the film stuff, I started thinking about putting myself back in the spotlight and writing some music, like, let's see if it fits under the heading of Nine Inch Nails. What I started experimenting with did_ _feel like an advancement of what Nine Inch Nails could be. Not thinking about world tours, I started writing a collection of songs, which became an album, then inevitably the talk comes up, 'Would you like to tour?'”

The production on your recent tours looks huge! What can we expect to see? Will it all be coming over [to Europe]?

“That's a good question. What we're doing right now is trying to keep every aspect of the tour feeling a little bit different. Let me explain it better: a year or so ago we committed to tour for a year, which would be the end of last summer through the fall of this year. And what's different this time is trying to break it up so that each leg of the tour is a mini-tour. There's a couple of reasons: it feels to me like, with file sharing and YouTube and every festival being web-cast around the world, that people have a lot more access than they used to have. If I played in Columbus, Ohio, it would happen in Columbus and the few thousand people there saw it and the rest of the world didn't know or care. Now, through message boards and Twitter and everything else, it feels like someone's spoiling the ending every night. No matter what I do, someone already knows that happened last night. So we made each leg its own thing, and the other side effect of that is that it makes it interesting for us because, believe it or not, it can start to fall into a routine, as much as you fight that and as great as it is to be on stage. When we build an incredibly elaborate production like the one we just did in the States, the consequence of that can be that, because it has a rigid reveal and moves from one place to another, almost like the plot line to a film, it also tends to be kind of rigid like a film, it can't start at the end, and then the set list becomes fairly static. That's a recipe for how to become stale as a performer.”

How accurately do your visions for a show come to life? Are they always as you imagined them?

“Usually not! It's one thing to think about how you want to present things production-wise, looking at renderings of things, but it really is just a couple of weeks of production rehearsal. Everything's in a room and the band's there, and you get to feel the music live and you get to see it. Things don't look the way you thought they would, but you generally end up in a place that's more interesting because_ _it doesn't look how you thought it would. It's always tense, right up to the first second of the first song.”

Are you working on any new music right now?

“I'm scoring a new David Fincher film right now. He's got a film coming out, Gone Girl, that Alex and I started working on a few months ago. We're kind of doing that behind the scenes on this tour. But at the moment I'm feeling inspired and that's the only key ingredient to why I would do anything.”

How long can we realistically expect this Nine Inch Nails run to last? And what affects those decisions?

“Just if it feels right. Trying to put any aspect of what is good for a career or monetary value as something not to think about. If I feel like I have something to say and it needs to come out, and then if that fits in the column of Nine Inch Nails then something would happen.”

Downward Spiral turned twenty in March which seems weird. What are your thoughts on that?

“It's weird for me, too! But then, I thought about this the other day, if you look out at the audience, they still look the same! Clearly it's not the same people, but the first rows that I can see still feels like... I'm not at an Eagles concert with a bunch of orthodontists on a night out smoking pot!”

Let's go back to the tour, if we could. It seems like you've always been accepted in the UK and Europe. If memory serves, your first London show was at a sold-out Forum.

“It's nice to hear it that way, but I think through a serious of bad decision making in my career, whether it be what record label we're on... like, first album purposely held from domestic release from you guys because they could sell more on imports, that kind of shit. It's always felt like we were disproportionately big in North America and other places that we are in the UK. But I'll take your version!”

What are the differences now with your mindset when you go on stage? Obviously it takes half an hour just to get to the stage in some of the big arenas. How does that affect you?

“Well, let me say, on a global scale it's always fun playing clubs. You're right there with people, they're three feet away from you, there's no security, you're jumping on their heads and it's interactive, no room for bullshitting, nowhere to hide on stage. It's real. When that transforms into theatres it's kind of the same energy, but it's bigger and you're playing a place that was designed to hear music: somebody may have considered acoustics. As that morphs into the necessity to play arenas, you can't win! If you play four nights in theatres it's, “Fuck you, it sold out in one second!” Okay, we'll play and arena, “Fuck you, arenas suck!” So if we're going to play arenas how do we transform that space into something that's a cool place to see music? How do we make that an asset, rather than we're in a big hockey arena with some asshole security guard making you sit in your seat? How do you make that space something that feels sexy? There's the challenge! In terms of going over to the UK I still feel, and I've just thought about this talking to you, we're have a lot to prove. I feel like we're not the conquering heroes that are phoning it in with the audience. I feel like, fuck you, wait 'til you see this!”

Nine Inch Nails play the following European shows in May/June:

May 6 Riga, Latvia Arena Riga

May 8 Helsinki, Finland Hartwell Arena

May 10 Stockholm, Sweden Hovet

May 12 Oslo, Norway Spektrum

May 13 Copenhagen, Denmark Forum

May 15 Berlin, Germany Zitadelle

May 16 Esch-sur-Alzette Luxembourg Rockhal

May 18 Birmingham, UK LG Arena

May 20 Glasgow, UK Hydro

May 21 Cardiff, UK Motorpoint Arena

May 23 London, UK O2 Arena

May 24 Nottingham, UK Capital FM Arena

May 25 Manchester, UK Phones 4U Arena

May 27 Amsterdam, Holland Heineken Music Hall

May 28 Antwerp, Belgium Lotto Arena

May 29 Paris, France Le Zenith

May 31 Barcelona, Spain Primavera Sound Festival

June 1 Toulouse, France Le Zenith

June 3 Bologna, Italy Unipol Arena

June 4 Zurich, Switzerland Hallenstadion

m15a
04-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Alex? . . .

WorzelG
04-18-2014, 01:20 AM
I think if Trent suddenly started going on about how much he loved each crowd and arse kissing to them it would be terrible, it would seem really fake IMO. I think if an audience gets a mention on his twitter it means the atmosphere was extra special. Some bands just go on and on about how great each crowd was, it comes off as lying for approval, or PR

Kyle
04-18-2014, 01:30 AM
I think if Trent suddenly started going on about how much he loved each crowd and arse kissing to them it would be terrible, it would seem really fake IMO. I think if an audience gets a mention on his twitter it means the atmosphere was extra special. Some bands just go on and on about how great each crowd was, it comes off as lying for approval, or PR
Agreed. I like it when Trent says something good about a crowd I'm in because I know it's genuine since he doesn't say it often and will also let the crowd know when he's upset.

Or to put it another way, I have a friend who says she loves talking to me because I don't kiss her ass and I tell her what I'm thinking so when I say or do something positive, she knows it's genuine, as opposed to other people who always have nice things to say whether it's because they're trying to get in her pants or because they're just her friends who are trying to be nice.

m0reta
04-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Maaan...June 4th is too far away. *flops around restlessly*

Not that I'm going to Zurich. But afterwards, I only have uh...*calculates* ...46 days until Red Rocks!

/end whine

And to stay on the current topic: Sorry Orlando (http://theninhotline.net/archives/articles/manager/display_article.php?id=234) *gets misty eyed*

elevenism
04-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Nobody knows who the fuck Nine Inch Nails are here either and somehow the routinely play dozens of shows here per tour.

NIN has no following in London?

Also, you guys know what i'm starting to wonder?
Is the world at large still into NIN? Or is it just us?

FernandoDante
04-19-2014, 03:05 PM
At the end of the 2008 SA tour, he made a post on nin.com saying "NIN + SA = BFFs", and apologized for the cancelled concerts saying it was the band's fault, not the promoters'.

Exaggerating a bit: every band tours America twice a year. I still don't know how that's doable either, honestly.

icklekitty
04-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Exaggerating a bit: every band tours America twice a year. I still don't know how that's doable either, honestly.

I don't live in America?

Yeah, the number of people I've mentioned NIN to who have no idea that they've done anything since the 90s. They can fill a 7000 venue fine (even four times in a row, it's largely the same people buying tickets) but they're being more than ambitious with several arena shows around the country.

FernandoDante
04-19-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't live in America?

I said "either", meaning both UK and US arena gigs are impressive to me.

Joy Prevention Hotline
04-19-2014, 07:53 PM

The days when a band could have a mass global following are mostly over, I think — generic EDM and fluffy Top-40 stuff may continue to draw big crowds, but will anything else (http://edm.com/blog/why-its-EDMs-fault-Outkast-flopped-coachella-2014)?

elevenism
04-19-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't live in America?

Yeah, the number of people I've mentioned NIN to who have no idea that they've done anything since the 90s. They can fill a 7000 venue fine (even four times in a row, it's largely the same people buying tickets) but they're being more than ambitious with several arena shows around the country.

Hey, you know what? I want Trent to be successful, but if we start getting smaller and smaller venues, well, hot damn!
It just means we'll get more intimate shows!

I'll tell you though, it was SO strange that NIN didn't bring tension to dallas...it seems like he rolls through the big D TWICE per production, more often than not.

FULLMETAL
04-20-2014, 01:19 AM
I'll tell you though, it was SO strange that NIN didn't bring tension to dallas...it seems like he rolls through the big D TWICE per production, more often than not.

Looking at NTH, it only happened during the With Teeth & Self Destruct/FDTS tours:

2006-06-03 Smirnoff Music Centre (With Teeth Summer Amphitheater Tour)
2005-10-17 American Airlines Arena (With Teeth Fall Arena Tour)
1995-02-11 State Fair Park Colliseum (Further Down The Spiral Tour)
1994-10-29 State Fair Park Colliseum (Further Down The Spiral Tour)
1994-05-03 The Bomb Factory (Self Destruct Tour)

I wonder what the logistics are for hitting a city more than once during a tour cycle? I'm guessing the promoter's reach has more to do with it than anything else.

elevenism
04-20-2014, 05:08 AM
ahhhh....i thought they came through twice in 2000.
I was at both of those FDTS shows...one of them was a valentine's present for my high school sweetheart when we were 15. I can tell you that those shows were jam ass packed...maybe that's why they added the second one.
i could have SWORN they came twice on the fragile. shit i'm getting old.

konkelo
04-20-2014, 07:10 AM
So the European tour is (and the show in Helsinki!) is getting closer so it came across my mind that how does the ticket pickup thing actually work? There's a place in the venue where I pick up the tickets with my ID card and then I get inside the venue immediately? Do I have to bring anything else with me to get the tickets? Sorry for being dumb, just wanting to make sure everything goes right.

Mr.Metheus
04-20-2014, 09:16 AM
So the European tour is (and the show in Helsinki!) is getting closer so it came across my mind that how does the ticket pickup thing actually work? There's a place in the venue where I pick up the tickets with my ID card and then I get inside the venue immediately? Do I have to bring anything else with me to get the tickets? Sorry for being dumb, just wanting to make sure everything goes right.

Yes, that's exactly how it works. A pre-order pick up table will be set up at a specific entrance, and there should be signs directing you to it. They tell you to also bring the credit card that you used to buy the tickets and a printout of your receipt, but I've never heard of anyone actually being asked for anything other than their ID.

elevenism
04-20-2014, 09:42 AM

Man, i don't think there are any dumb questions when making sure you can get into a NIN show

TheBang
04-20-2014, 09:32 PM
You'll also get an e-mail a couple days before the show telling you where, exactly, the ticket entrance and pick-up is.

synth
04-21-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm still so pissed they left Portugal out of this European tour... I cannot wait for the day i finally get a chance to go to a NIN gig.

konkelo
04-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the answers folks. Basically it was that I thought if I had lost an email confirmation or something about the tickets but this is good. Let the May 8th come fast 8)

konkelo
04-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Hehe just got the information to my email 8) I'm getting excited!

WorzelG
04-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Hehe just got the information to my email 8) I'm getting excited!
That's early! Now I have to make a decision, do I look at the tour journals to see what's going on or do I leave it spoiler free? I think I'm kidding myself if I'm not on here or twitter the 6th May

konkelo
04-23-2014, 03:07 PM
That's early! Now I have to make a decision, do I look at the tour journals to see what's going on or do I leave it spoiler free? I think I'm kidding myself if I'm not on here or twitter the 6th May

I've been thinking the same :D Luckily the show I'm going is the second one of the tour so the spoiler free gig might be possible in theory.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
04-25-2014, 05:39 AM
I just want to hear "Down In It" again this time around.

simonn
04-25-2014, 06:54 AM
4 weeks today until my NIN weekender, damn I'm excited already...no way I'll be able to keep spoiler free, but am expecting it to be pretty much what they've been doing since the start of the year. Though the fact they've got a weeks rehearsal before the 1st gig (per some newspaper article someone posted a few weeks ago) does make me hopeful that it won't be identical - hopefully a full time bass player and the return of some of the HM material not played much or at all this year (I'm looking at you, Satellite and In Two).

martin_b
04-26-2014, 02:10 PM
I hope they will play Sanctified, Last, Physical, Ruiner, Heresy, The Wretched, The Big Come Down, TLBTB, Vessel, Me I'm Not and/or Head Down in Berlin and Katowice... Along with COA, ATL, In Two, Satellite and I Would For You...

WorzelG
04-26-2014, 02:16 PM
I hope they will play Sanctified, Last, Physical, Ruiner, Heresy, The Wretched, The Big Come Down, TLBTB, Vessel, Me I'm Not and/or Head Down in Berlin and Katowice... Along with COA, ATL, In Two, Satellite and I Would For You... I'd laugh if they actually did play all that at one of your shows. I remember waiting for them to come on at Sonisphere and my sister was calling out for The Way Out is Through, and they played it really unexpectedly (back in 2009 before it became a festival staple last year)

martin_b
04-28-2014, 02:07 AM
I'd laugh if they actually did play all that at one of your shows. I remember waiting for them to come on at Sonisphere and my sister was calling out for The Way Out is Through, and they played it really unexpectedly (back in 2009 before it became a festival staple last year)

Well, I hope that during these two shows they will play at least 8 of all songs I mentioned... :-)

m15a
04-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Well, I hope that during these two shows they will play at least 8 of all songs I mentioned... :-)

They were actually going to play exactly what you listed, but Trent saw your post, threw a fit about the set list leaking, and scrapped the whole plan. Sorry. ;)

TheRealNs1
04-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Booking my Vegas hotel today. 3 days in Paradise :D

icecream
04-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Out of the rare NIN songs that pop up every once in a while Something I can Never Have and Reptile are my top two I haven't seen. Hope one pops up at Pemberton. The Line Begins to Blur and Besides You in Time have been played a few times recently, hope one is on the setlist too.

jessamineny
04-29-2014, 06:43 AM
I was shocked at how few times I've seen SICNH, looking over my nintourhistory (I mean, comparably).

WorzelG
04-29-2014, 11:53 AM
I was shocked at how few times I've seen SICNH, looking over my nintourhistory (I mean, comparably).
Yeah, me too. somehow I've only seen it once out of ten shows!

Lady on twitter from Riga posted photo of NINs trucks
https://mobile.twitter.com/maijatomkalne/status/461137474828247041/photo/1
thats a lot of trucks!

witte
04-29-2014, 01:31 PM
nice joke.
dream on.

icecream
04-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm 0/2 for them so far. Haven't seen them enough yet.

And for the trucks, doubt the tour will be that large if they only rehearse for 2 weeks or so. Hope I'm wrong. Wasn't Tension and the festivals like a month?

martin_b
04-30-2014, 04:39 AM
They were actually going to play exactly what you listed, but Trent saw your post, threw a fit about the set list leaking, and scrapped the whole plan. Sorry. ;)

Oh no... But I'm not gonna break out in tears just yet. ;-)

ZootZap
05-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Lady on twitter from Riga posted photo of NINs trucks
https://mobile.twitter.com/maijatomkalne/status/461137474828247041/photo/1
thats a lot of trucks!

Slow but steady I'm getting excited!!

F-JD
05-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Trent on Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/nfyOHKTPSk/

Same instruments at his side as on the Australian/South American tour. I'm guessing that means no new band members (just guessing though)

FernandoDante
05-02-2014, 09:58 AM
http://instagram.com/p/nasL1vD0lY/

Is that a fucking screen? Latvia gets a screen, but South America, Japan and Australia don't?

I know the NIN fanbase isn't much to look at down here, but damn. Latvia.

WorzelG
05-02-2014, 10:36 AM
http://instagram.com/p/nasL1vD0lY/

Is that a fucking screen? Latvia gets a screen, but South America, Japan and Australia don't?

I know the NIN fanbase isn't much to look at down here, but damn. Latvia.
Am I missing something? I can't see a screen. EDIT Oh yes, sorry I assumed you'd posted trent's instagram and didn't click on it - dooh! Oh exciting!!! Sorry fernandodante - if I could bitch slap everyone in South America into being NIN fans 4 life I would. that sucked for you

dominik
05-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Why are they already there? Isn't the gig in 3 days?

F-JD
05-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Rehearsing. A full week.

WorzelG
05-02-2014, 10:50 AM
There was some story from Riga posted in NIN spotting that they are in Riga Arena for a week's tour rehearsals

dominik
05-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Ah, I see. Did they rehearse before? If not, I guess it's more or less the same as the Australia tour.

WorzelG
05-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Ah, I see. Did they rehearse before? If not, I guess it's more or less the same as the Australia tour.
to be fair, I'm sure musically they need less rehearsal time each leg, because all the performers on this tour have been doing it for ages now, it's not like they're adding anyone new who has to learn from scratch

Kyle
05-02-2014, 11:11 AM
If they were doing nothing new I would think they wouldn't need any rehearsals.

FernandoDante
05-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Am I missing something? I can't see a screen. EDIT Oh yes, sorry I assumed you'd posted trent's instagram and didn't click on it - dooh! Oh exciting!!! Sorry fernandodante - if I could bitch slap everyone in South America into being NIN fans 4 life I would. that sucked for you
Right now I'm thinking... There might be more Latvian NIN fans than Brazilian ones.

WorzelG
05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Right now I'm thinking... There might be more Latvian NIN fans than Brazilian ones.
I was watching some of the footage of the Chile show and the crowd seemed amazingly into it - did they play any of the LITS south America shows? I guess Mexico is Central America, did they play there?

witte
05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
nice joke.
dream on.
I think I need to take that statement back.

simonn
05-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Trying not to be build my hopes back up again, but that sure looks like a magical NIN screen....