PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Kyle
03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
It's not really a "different interpretations" kinda thing so much as a direct quote from Trent himself. I don't want to ruin what the song means to you since I've had that happen to me before but since it seems to have already happened.

http://books.google.com/books?id=RLmhhjBwtxYC&pg=PA45&lpg=PA45&source=bl&ots=xhirhbvBqO&sig=mijfSpOtAGz1HghDp-wJGUdQoF4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=bBgiU9tJrcrQAfPmgMgG&ved=0CDYQ6AEwCA

FernandoDante
03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
He made a (probably joking) mention once that it was about a crack pipe I believe.
Wow, never pictured THAT while listening to NIN.

It's not really a "different interpretations" kinda thing so much as a direct quote from Trent himself. I don't want to ruin what the song means to you since I've had that happen to me before but since it seems to have already happened.

http://books.google.com/books?id=RLmhhjBwtxYC&pg=PA45&lpg=PA45&source=bl&ots=xhirhbvBqO&sig=mijfSpOtAGz1HghDp-wJGUdQoF4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=bBgiU9tJrcrQAfPmgMgG&ved=0CDYQ6AEwCA
For some reason, I can't see the exact quote you're pointing to. Was it the crack pipe thing?

richardp
03-13-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't ever want to actually hear The Perfect Drug live. It's baffling that so many people do. That shit would be a fucking hot mess live.

Kyle
03-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Wow, never pictured THAT while listening to NIN.

For some reason, I can't see the exact quote you're pointing to. Was it the crack pipe thing?

Weird. Yeah. I'd copy and paste but I'm on my phone. Maybe tomorrow I can get the full quote. In a nutshell he says he knows people can interpret the song as being about a sexual relationship but it's about a relationship with cocaine. He was very cryptic about his drug use other than saying it's been taken care of which to me sounds like it was a quote from that time period before The Fragile where he was "clean" but hadn't relapsed yet. It definitely didn't sound like a joke though.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Google Books might be blocked where you are for copywrong reasons. This is the quote:

Reznor says that "Sanctified," which appears to be about Reznor's obsession for a woman, is actually "about a relationship with a cocaine pipe." "I knew it could be interpreted [as a relationship with a woman], but it was more about addiction." To the obvious follow up question, Reznor answers "Let's just say it was partially fact and partailly fiction. The situation has been remedied."

This said, he matter-of-factly explains that he's not really into drugs. "i don't do many drugs because I can't handle themvery well, " he says. "But I know people that can handle them as much as you can handle drugs."
Based on the surrounding paragraphs, this was shortly after PHM.

Edit: Here’s the article quoted in the book: http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/articles/portrait.shtml

It’s from 1990.

Volband
03-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Maybe he doesn't want a drug reference because he's clean ...
If you were referring to TPF, I think it's safe to say that it's not about drugs. For me, it always came across as a love song.

hani
03-13-2014, 07:09 PM
an open letter to Robin Finck:

PLEASE STOP FUCKING UP THE BIG COME DOWN.

just...

STOP RUINING IT.

sincerely,
yours truly and everyone else in the world

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgYYfXemi8

r_k_f
03-13-2014, 07:34 PM
an open letter to Robin Finck:

just...

STOP RUINING IT.

sincerely,
yours truly and everyone else in the world

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgYYfXemi8

i'd like to opt out of the "everyone else in the world" you are talking about.....
Robin, keep being Robin.

FernandoDante
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Rumors abound that NIN's Rio gig might be changing venues, to the much smaller and more intimate Circo Voador. This probably means little/no visuals, but it's a 2,800 capacity place, so that seems pretty awesome.

http://www.todorio.com/imageview/K7C4xjdHOIgmAw3X7lMgUDv2UnJ!3iAshZZhP8nYFuoC7Ck03g !PuSYEv6QvcDX-3l5nrEZaZZc%3D.jpeg

http://oglobo2.globo.com//fotos/2009/10/26/18_FHA_rshow_circovoador05.jpg

http://vejario.abril.com.br/imagem/2012/online/06-15/circo.jpg

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-13-2014, 09:31 PM
i'd like to opt out of the "everyone else in the world" you are talking about.....
Robin, keep being Robin.
Is it too late to change my user name to Everyone Else In The World? That would save some time.

r_k_f
03-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Is it too late to change my user name to Everyone Else In The World? That would save some time. wait, does this mean you agree and think Robin is ruining the song?

icecream
03-14-2014, 08:43 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/rod-laver-arena-melbourne-australia-23c2d0e3.html

Pinion/Eater of Dreams intro apparently. Can anyone confirm?

draven
03-14-2014, 08:45 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/rod-laver-arena-melbourne-australia-23c2d0e3.html

Pinion/Eater of Dreams intro apparently. Can anyone confirm?confirmed. also, there was no "hand covers bruise".

icecream
03-14-2014, 08:46 AM
confirmed.
Cool, can't wait to see a vid soon.

reseen_lamenti
03-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Pinion/Eater of Dreams is confirmed. (I put that on setlistfm. See tour journal thread; better believe I marked the fuck out when I heard it.)

Hand Covers Bruise wasn't played at all.

Kyle
03-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Closer lyric tease in Ice Age?

jessamineny
03-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I came here to post that. :D How does that work?

brokenfragility
03-14-2014, 11:46 AM
I love Robin, I love how he plays on 95% of NIN songs, but I agree that his The Big Comedown is awful. I've seen it live a few times, and just ew. He also doesn't play Discipline very well either IMO. I have a very very talented guitarist friend (I play some myself too) that went to LITS with me and just cringed during TBC and Discipline, we've both agreed, for like ever, that Aaron North's TBC is infinitely better than Robin's.

I still have love for Robin though. I love his crazy stage presence. I just wish he wouldn't ever play TBC.

jmtd
03-14-2014, 12:47 PM
wait, does this mean you agree and think Robin is ruining the song?

It means Trent wants to fuck him, before doing something that matters.

r_k_f
03-14-2014, 01:11 PM
I love Robin, I love how he plays on 95% of NIN songs, but I agree that his The Big Comedown is awful. I've seen it live a few times, and just ew. He also doesn't play Discipline very well either IMO. I have a very very talented guitarist friend (I play some myself too) that went to LITS with me and just cringed during TBC and Discipline, we've both agreed, for like ever, that Aaron North's TBC is infinitely better than Robin's.

I still have love for Robin though. I love his crazy stage presence. I just wish he wouldn't ever play TBC.
awful? really? c'mon...
i'll agree that North's BYIT version is amazing... but awful is a bit extreme.. also, i'll admit that this current incarnation of Finck's is not my fav. He seems to change it every tour. Go back and listen to something from LITS, then Wave Goodbye, Tension, now whatever this ones called... even this Bueno's Aires one is slightly different, perhaps the best Finck version IMOP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfzywTWmFGg

r_k_f
03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
It means Trent wants to fuck him, before doing something that matters.
quite plausible... lol

dvdglss
03-14-2014, 01:41 PM

While I have said since day one that Aaron North was a much more fun and interesting guitarist, I think Robin's style of playing is still incredible and his choices are interesting. But I think he's a much more "rhythm" focused guitar player while Aaron's more... chaotic... which is totally a style choice. But he's certainly not RUINING the song.

Krazy
03-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Sorry for the facepalm, didn't mean to swipe that one.

Not of to pile on Robin too much but his "Only" is pretty bad as well. TR and Aaron North kill that fast guitar part. Also preferred the Summer '06 version of Somewhat Damaged.

gorast
03-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Was last night's show the official debut of Pinion/The Eater of Dreams? I know it was first brought up during that fabled Tension rehearsal that no one is sure even happened (or at least, that's what I heard the last time it was talked about), but it never showed up until now, right?

FeelBetterINC
03-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Quick question. Has any band that any of yous know of ever done a dueling band set with an equally as big band?

I.E like NIN vs. Soundgarden

I know it wouldn't happen but if the two bands got together and crafted a 3 hour set of a "battle of the bands" type format would be pretty fucking sweet. Just a change of pace of the norm.

Kyle
03-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Quick question. Has any band that any of yous know of ever done a dueling band set with an equally as big band?

I.E like NIN vs. Soundgarden

I know it wouldn't happen but if the two bands got together and crafted a 3 hour set of a "battle of the bands" type format would be pretty fucking sweet. Just a change of pace of the norm.
TBH I think that sounds really cheesy and I'd stay home if that was the case.

Leviathant
03-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Was last night's show the official debut of Pinion/The Eater of Dreams? I know it was first brought up during that fabled Tension rehearsal that no one is sure even happened (or at least, that's what I heard the last time it was talked about), but it never showed up until now, right?

Let me assure you, the Tension rehearsal did not happen. There were Tension rehearsals, but nothing open to contest winners/the public.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-14-2014, 04:56 PM
wait, does this mean you agree and think Robin is ruining the song?
Nope, I’m with the folks who were opting out. :D

Not of to pile on Robin too much but his "Only" is pretty bad as well. TR and Aaron North kill that fast guitar part. Also preferred the Summer '06 version of Somewhat Damaged.
Oh, man. Who are you people? I don’t wanna live in a world where Robin Finck isn’t free to be ROBIN FINCK.

reseen_lamenti
03-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Correct. Goldy taped it.

r_k_f
03-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Nope, I’m with the folks who were opting out. :D

Oh, man. Who are you people? I don’t wanna live in a world where Robin Finck isn’t free to be ROBIN FINCK.

Free the Finck!

Ryan
03-14-2014, 06:58 PM
So now everything has been played from Hesitation Marks except Everything.

Kyle
03-14-2014, 07:20 PM
That sentence hurts my brain.

sick among the pure
03-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Finck the world.

Kyle
03-14-2014, 07:44 PM
I want to Finck you like an animal.

hani
03-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Finck did great job on The Big Come Down during LITS, but ever since Tension he went for some god awful bluesy sound in that track that just kills the mood.

Discipline, I also found it weird when he played it, although still enjoyable. but TBCD . . . please Finck, get back to '09 version, or borrow Aaron North to do it.

Moebius
03-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Correct. Goldy taped it.

Is it confirmed they actually played Eater of Dreams, vs it being a pre-recorded intro?

reseen_lamenti
03-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Is it confirmed they actually played Eater of Dreams, vs it being a pre-recorded intro?

Pre-recorded.

Kyle
03-14-2014, 09:16 PM
The faded way it's written on setlist.fm means it was pre recorded.

r_k_f
03-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Bearded Guns N Roses Robin Finck says fuck you haters....
http://www.talkingmetal.com/gibson/gibsonfinck.jpg

Krazy
03-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Hippie Jesus beard. Lame ass '2000s GnR. Minnesota Vikings "jersey".

Should be in one of those kiddie "Highlights" magazines to circle 10 things wrong with this picture.

Corona Radiata
03-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Robin is NIN.

slave2thewage
03-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Richard Patrick is NIN.

Krazy
03-15-2014, 12:56 AM
Bono is a GIGOLO.

AgentofChaos
03-15-2014, 01:01 AM
Just aiming for a thread lock eh boys?

Kyle
03-15-2014, 01:01 AM
NIN is secretly Bruce Wayne.

Kyle
03-15-2014, 01:04 AM
On a more serious note, for various reasons I wasn't at any WT era shows so out of all the shows I've been to, the only constant besides Trent is Robin. A show without him wouldn't feel right. I've seen multiple people at other spots on stage going all the way back to Vrenna , Wooley and Lohner. But there's always Trent and Robin.

icecream
03-15-2014, 02:14 AM
Am I the only one who likes Robin's TBC? Also, any vids of Eater of Dreams/Pinion

Aeson
03-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Pinion/Eater of Dreams and Copy of A from last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbo1Daflvfo

Ryan
03-15-2014, 04:43 AM
Come on Trent, play Everything tonight.

fillow
03-15-2014, 05:34 AM
Last was the last song from Broken to debut live.
And I'm looking forward to finally hear I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally live.

Joy Prevention Hotline
03-15-2014, 07:00 AM
He has to leave something unplayed or we’ll have nothing to bitch about umpteen years from now.

hani
03-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Pinion/Eater of Dreams and Copy of A from last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbo1Daflvfo

what a way to open a show. please Trent, make it a regular.

hani
03-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Robin is NIN.

+ don't get me wrong, I'm all for some Finckster magic and I love him as a part of NIN, it's just him on TBCD 2013-2014 version that makes me cringe

SM Rollinger
03-15-2014, 09:35 AM
That mix of Pinion/Eater reminds me alot of the Pinion/New Flesh from the Fragility tours, its cool to see that they did something similar again.

The best Pinion intro was from the TDS era shows though, all slowed down and then ran into Terrible Lie or Mr. Self Destruct. Now THATS a way to get the crowd excited.

Kyle
03-15-2014, 09:56 AM
That mix of Pinion/Eater reminds me alot of the Pinion/New Flesh from the Fragility tours, its cool to see that they did something similar again.

The best Pinion intro was from the TDS era shows though, all slowed down and then ran into Terrible Lie or Mr. Self Destruct. Now THATS a way to get the crowd excited.

It might just be because this is the way my very first NIN concert started so it's stuck with me but the best intro to me was the long drawn out Pinion, curtain down but lights flashing behind it so you can see a silhouette of Trent getting all melodramatic grabbing at the curtain and the like, then the burst of static, curtain opens with the banging drums of Mr Self Destruct..... good times.

slave2thewage
03-15-2014, 10:10 AM
SICNH is back? Nice.

Krazy
03-15-2014, 10:56 AM
It might just be because this is the way my very first NIN concert started so it's stuck with me but the best intro to me was the long drawn out Pinion, curtain down but lights flashing behind it so you can see a silhouette of Trent getting all melodramatic grabbing at the curtain and the like, then the burst of static, curtain opens with the banging drums of Mr Self Destruct..... good times.

Don't care if it would've been done a thousand times already, every NIN show should start this way...

http://youtu.be/1KhhwkvJT28

thatguymark
03-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Weird. From the setlist, I thought it was going to be Pinion and then Eater of Dreams, not a hybrid mash up kind of thing. I guess I'm into it. At the very least, it's interesting and new.

m33k
03-16-2014, 11:57 AM
SICNH is back? Nice.

And man did it sound painful. IMO of course.

WorzelG
03-16-2014, 12:15 PM
And man did it sound painful. IMO of course.

Maybe they should invest in an autocue!

m33k
03-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Maybe they should invest in an autocue!

There was no saving that one. I give the man credit for sticking it out tho. Sounds like he might be coming down with vegemitis.

dlb
03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
I really hope NIN is bringing something a little bit bigger to Europe than what we're seeing in AUS/NZ right now. I don't expect anything Tension like at all, but something more along the lines of the festival run would make me more than happy! Even though there was very little setlist variation those shows seemed so dense and complete, it'd be a true joy to witness these live.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear some of the rarer gems aswell, but I could do without any ghosts, HTDA or soundtrack stuff. Just some pure NIN with focus on the HM tracks (copy of a seems to be a staple by now which is good, but I'd like to hear the other tracks aswell, especially in two, satellite and I would for you) and maybe even a little bit more of WT (with the exception of only and thtf).

Haven't been around for a while so what's the guess by now on how the future continental shows will play out? Have any news surfaced if there is a change once again?

jmtd
03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Not surprised that the big production had finished already. I reckon the odds of A 4 piece delivering are higher IMHO. The backing singers were weird, kudos for trying them though.

Krazy
03-16-2014, 10:50 PM
Anyone know how they're doing the coin toss? I see the tweets but never follow up tweets. Is everyone just supposed to take their word that a coin toss actually happened, and when do they announce it?

Enquiring minds want to know... (Sorry if I missed this somewhere else)

Kyle
03-16-2014, 11:24 PM
I really hope NIN is bringing something a little bit bigger to Europe than what we're seeing in AUS/NZ right now. I don't expect anything Tension like at all, but something more along the lines of the festival run would make me more than happy! Even though there was very little setlist variation those shows seemed so dense and complete, it'd be a true joy to witness these live.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear some of the rarer gems aswell, but I could do without any ghosts, HTDA or soundtrack stuff. Just some pure NIN with focus on the HM tracks (copy of a seems to be a staple by now which is good, but I'd like to hear the other tracks aswell, especially in two, satellite and I would for you) and maybe even a little bit more of WT (with the exception of only and thtf).

Haven't been around for a while so what's the guess by now on how the future continental shows will play out? Have any news surfaced if there is a change once again?

There's a month or so in between the Australia/Latin America and European tours and Trent has said a few times how he wants to keep things different on each leg of the tour to make things fresh for his own excitement so I think you'll be seeing something at least a bit different and them different yet again for the soundgarden tour.

draven
03-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Anyone know how they're doing the coin toss? I see the tweets but never follow up tweets. Is everyone just supposed to take their word that a coin toss actually happened, and when do they announce it?

Enquiring minds want to know... (Sorry if I missed this somewhere else)not sure at what time of the day they do the "coin toss" but as soon as the venue opens it's evident who will be going first of the two as the stage configuration gives it away. nine inch nails went last in melbourne on friday, and i had a gut feeling they'd be before queens of the stone age on saturday and was right. 50/50 chance of getting it right though.

would be cool if they posted a video of them actually doing the coin toss.

Ryan
03-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Last show in Aussie land tonight.

Inkë
03-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Closer is back ! :p

edit : eeeeeeeeh I don't know who I should trust. The setlist just completely changed. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/brisbane-entertainment-centre-brisbane-australia-bc2c58e.html

imail724
03-17-2014, 06:54 AM
So have they been doing kalopsia together?

fillow
03-17-2014, 06:59 AM
No. No Kalopsia, no Mantra, no Era Vulgaris.

hani
03-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Closer is back ! :p

edit : eeeeeeeeh I don't know who I should trust. The setlist just completely changed. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/brisbane-entertainment-centre-brisbane-australia-bc2c58e.html

Sanctified (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Sanctified)
(With Sunspots tease outro)

(With Sunspots tease outro)
Sunspots tease outro
Sunspots tease
Sunspots
HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

pukkelpop
03-17-2014, 07:58 AM
sunspotsssssssssssssssss

fillow
03-17-2014, 08:04 AM
What? They've been playing it since Tension.

Inkë
03-17-2014, 08:58 AM
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3061-2014-03-17-Brisbane-Australia-Entertainment-Centre?p=173007#post173007
Closer wasn't played. But the Hand Covers Bruise/Beside You in Time/Copy of A/The Great Destoyer sequence is pure gold.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Hippie Jesus beard. Lame ass '2000s GnR. Minnesota Vikings "jersey".

Should be in one of those kiddie "Highlights" magazines to circle 10 things wrong with this picture.
hilarious that you're making fun of Robins appearance... of all the ensambles he has put together over the years you find fault with a random appearance, a beard and a Vikings shirt... Lol

slave2thewage
03-17-2014, 10:24 AM
I'd quite like to see Closer with this lineup, actually. Ilan running around and triggering samples and whatnot.

sick among the pure
03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
I'd quite like to see Closer with this lineup, actually. Ilan running around and triggering samples and whatnot.

It's kinda mind-blowing to think I was at the last show they played Closer...
Fuckin weird.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 01:31 PM
It's kinda mind-blowing to think I was at the last show they played Closer...
Fuckin weird.

MIA? I hadn't actually thought of that. I guess I was too. I'm sure it won't last though. He's stopped that song before and it always comes back. I'd be surprised if it's kept of the setlist of the upcoming Children's Trust Fund tour.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
MIA? I hadn't actually thought of that. I guess I was too. I'm sure it won't last though. He's stopped that song before and it always comes back. I'd be surprised if it's kept of the setlist of the upcoming Children's Trust Fund tour.
Lol tell me you saw my post in the other tour thread... I said the same thing about the trust fund, too funny.

Kyle
03-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Lol tell me you saw my post in the other tour thread... I said the same thing about the trust fund, too funny.

Yeah I saw it. :)

and nod I can't blame Trent for it. If he makes money, he deserves it.

r_k_f
03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Yeah I saw it. :)

and nod I can't blame Trent for it. If he makes money, he deserves it.
agreed.. Bro :p

pinata89
03-17-2014, 08:01 PM
awful? really? c'mon...
i'll agree that North's BYIT version is amazing... but awful is a bit extreme.. also, i'll admit that this current incarnation of Finck's is not my fav. He seems to change it every tour. Go back and listen to something from LITS, then Wave Goodbye, Tension, now whatever this ones called... even this Bueno's Aires one is slightly different, perhaps the best Finck version IMOP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfzywTWmFGg

I kinda of wish they would use the acoustic instead of electric for the guitar part...just me? Kind of like Finck does here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKSInoRXHew

umby1979
03-17-2014, 09:36 PM
There's a month or so in between the Australia/Latin America and European tours and Trent has said a few times how he wants to keep things different on each leg of the tour to make things fresh for his own excitement so I think you'll be seeing something at least a bit different and them different yet again for the soundgarden tour.

What are the chances that in the month between Oz/LA & European tours that there would be a one-off club show in the US, say late April? Might be used to either dust-off cobwebs, try new songs or integrate a new member (I'm happy with 4 or 5 BTW)?
I'm pretty sure they've done this before.
Be great to catch a smaller club show again where it's purely a nine inch nails gig

umby1979
03-17-2014, 09:48 PM
not sure at what time of the day they do the "coin toss" but as soon as the venue opens it's evident who will be going first of the two as the stage configuration gives it away. nine inch nails went last in melbourne on friday, and i had a gut feeling they'd be before queens of the stone age on saturday and was right. 50/50 chance of getting it right though.

would be cool if they posted a video of them actually doing the coin toss.

I'd doubt we'd see a video cos I don't think it's happening. Just guessing, but it could've been promoter pressure saying to put QOTSA on last at most of the gigs (apart from Melbourne/Sydney). From the shows I saw there were quite a lot of empty seats when NIN played first yet last Friday it was packed when QOTSA we're on first.
I'm not sure why that would/should affect anything, but just a thought.

If they did toss though, Trent would suck as captain of a cricket side!

Pyro
03-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Have finished uploading all my videos from Adelaide and the two Melbourne shows.

Adelaide:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIq3OjO__FWZ-mMNbKzQ3wbolGALx3mz5

Melbourne 14th:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIq3OjO__FWZcNGt2trvnSptnZXLoF0DT

Melbourne 15th:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIq3OjO__FWaP4kYIWx2swo0yigX0_b-e

WorzelG
03-18-2014, 03:50 AM
From the shows I saw there were quite a lot of empty seats when NIN played first yet last Friday it was packed when QOTSA we're on first.
I'm not sure why that would/should affect anything, but just a thought.
Is that just latecomers though? How would anyone know who was on last?

konkelo
03-18-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm too lazy to search, but has there been any information how the european shows will be handled? Are there going to be bigger production or is it the same as it is now?

sheepdean
03-18-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm too lazy to search, but has there been any information how the european shows will be handled? Are there going to be bigger production or is it the same as it is now?
We're going to get a sole, flickering lightbulb hanging above the stage, and Rob will have a laser pen to shine into the crowd

SarahConnor
03-18-2014, 10:34 AM
agreed.. Bro :p

Haters gonna grow all the more extreme.

Volband
03-18-2014, 10:53 AM
We're going to get a sole, flickering lightbulb hanging above the stage, and Rob will have a laser pen to shine into the crowd
That's like some of the Hurt performances during the Perf. 2007 tour.

implanted_microchip
03-18-2014, 11:14 AM
So since I've seen a few different people mention it more than once, what are the odds of NIN taking another break from touring after this year? Trent seems to be really back into it and hasn't said anything yet about slowing down, but at least half a dozen people are already thinking the NIN+SG tour is gonna be it for the next few years. Is that just because of the whole NINJA/Wave Goodbye touring cycle? Because that was after almost 5 years of hardcore, few-breaks-along-the-way touring.

Kyle
03-18-2014, 11:27 AM
5 years of hardcore NIN touring vs 2 years of hardcore NIN touring, plus HTDA plus Beats plus film composing plus being a father. Big difference (especially that last one). I'm not predicting it will be as long as post WG (or post Fragility), but I do think he'll be slowing down.

I would like to see a small venue for the fans tour before his break though.

billpulsipher
03-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Its sad TR has slipped into Depeche Mode land regarding touring. I love DM, but all they do is play stadiums, arenas, amphitheatres playing greatest hits setlist....Would prefer if TR did a small scaled down club tour playing lesser played rare songs rather than these huge elaborate tours or co headline tours with other big name rock bands playing greatest hits every night..

m15a
03-18-2014, 12:37 PM
I don't really see any evidence that there will be a ~4 year break or anything like that. I think some people are just extrapolating from their idea that NIN won't be releasing a new album any time soon, but I don't think there's any strong evidence of that either.

Personally, I hope NIN takes at least a short break from touring. Honestly, even as someone that is going to a summer NA show, I would rather that Trent was working on a new NIN album. (I'm only talking about the amphitheater leg, which is mostly in places that already got shows last year. Definitely not against the current world tour.)

TheRealNs1
03-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Its sad TR has slipped into Depeche Mode land regarding touring. I love DM, but all they do is play stadiums, arenas, amphitheatres playing greatest hits setlist....Would prefer if TR did a small scaled down club tour playing lesser played rare songs rather than these huge elaborate tours or co headline tours with other big name rock bands playing greatest hits every night..

that would be great, but sounds totally unrealistic.

Kyle
03-18-2014, 12:46 PM
But then what would you bitch about? You'd be lost and directionless. Trent is looking out for you.

FernandoDante
03-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Rio de janeiro gig has been canceled

motherfuckers

stupid "logistics" bullshit excuse again

Moebius
03-18-2014, 01:09 PM

motherfuckers

Ugh. I'm sorry man, that really sucks...

elementroejoy
03-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Would prefer if TR did a small scaled down club tour playing lesser played rare songs rather than these huge elaborate tours or co headline tours with other big name rock bands playing greatest hits every night..
He did exactly that on the NIN/JA and Wave Goodbye tours.

fillow
03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
bill likes Depeche Mode, we fucking get it already, okay?
Have you considered maybe going to one of their shows?

sheepdean
03-18-2014, 02:17 PM

motherfuckers

stupid "logistics" bullshit excuse againUgh, seems SA gets the shaft a hell of a lot :(

sick among the pure
03-18-2014, 02:19 PM
He did exactly that on the NIN/JA and Wave Goodbye tours.

And considering how much people loved the small locations and variety/rareness of the songs, I think it would go over well if he did that again.
I'm still bummed the WT club tour never came close enough to me, since that was the last time he played small venues that were in more than 3 cities. I only have 2 tour wishes: to see NIN in a club, and to see a Still-esque stripped down piano sexytime tour when Trent is too old to rock out properly anymore.

Vrolok1
03-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Anyone here think could be another fall tour in the US?, I mean there are some cities that are not included in the NIN/Soundgarden tour

fillow
03-18-2014, 04:49 PM
^^
Sure. It will be called Wave Goodbye (For Real This Time) and will be entirely in Iowa.

FernandoDante
03-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Ugh, seems SA gets the shaft a hell of a lot :(

I can only imagine how excited Trent will be playing Lollapalooza Brazil, in the country that was unable to purchase even 2000 tickets to a gig of his. For the second time.

FULLMETAL
03-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread. They're playing Lollapalooza in Brazil, but cancelled their show in Rio due to lack of ticket sales?

Vrolok1
03-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Sorry, I haven't been following this thread. They're playing Lollapalooza in Brazil, but cancelled their show in Rio due to lack of ticket sales?

According to oficial sources it was due to logistical problems, again, you know Brazil is a big country.

What do you think?

FernandoDante
03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
According to oficial sources it was due to logistical problems, again, you know Brazil is a big country.

What do you think?
Logistics, same excuse as the last time a solo gig of theirs was canceled here. Which means shit ticket sales again.

Except this time it seems that NIN.com, or NIN's twitter account, aren't concerned with announcing canceled dates.

FULLMETAL
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Wow. It's only a 5 hour drive from São Paulo to Rio and there was a day off in between the two scheduled dates. Who made the "logistics" announcement, the promoter, ticket seller or someone from NIN? It does sound like a bullshit excuse since they only sold 2000 tickets to the headlining show.

It seems like the Lollapalooza dates and one-off show in South America were booked under the previous management team. I wonder if this is how the new management handles this sort of thing.

Vrolok1
03-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Wow. It's only a 5 hour drive from São Paulo to Rio and there was a day off in between the two scheduled dates. Who made the "logistics" announcement, the promoter, ticket seller or someone from NIN? It does sound like a bullshit excuse since they only sold 2000 tickets to the headlining show.

It seems like the Lollapalooza dates and one-off show in South America were booked under the previous management team. I wonder if this is how the new management handles this sort of thing.

Like the new policy to sell NIN.com presale tickets.

icecream
03-19-2014, 03:27 AM
So since I've seen a few different people mention it more than once, what are the odds of NIN taking another break from touring after this year? Trent seems to be really back into it and hasn't said anything yet about slowing down, but at least half a dozen people are already thinking the NIN+SG tour is gonna be it for the next few years. Is that just because of the whole NINJA/Wave Goodbye touring cycle? Because that was after almost 5 years of hardcore, few-breaks-along-the-way touring.
It seems MQ and the kids have been with him on the tours. I'd imagine once they are school age he might just tour in the Summer when they can come with him or give it up for a while until they are at the age when its lame to hang out with your dad. By then Trent will obviously be older too, so who knows about NIN's live future. I just hope he doesn't do another Wave Goodbye tour or something of the sort where he says its the last tour. Don't want NIN to turn into The Who or Cher where every few years they go away but ending up coming back.

WorzelG
03-19-2014, 03:38 AM

motherfuckers

That really sucks, when was the Rio gig booked originally? Was it under old or new management?

Volband
03-19-2014, 04:18 AM
It seems MQ and the kids have been with him on the tours. I'd imagine once they are school age he might just tour in the Summer when they can come with him or give it up for a while until they are at the age when its lame to hang out with your dad. By then Trent will obviously be older too, so who knows about NIN's live future. I just hope he doesn't do another Wave Goodbye tour or something of the sort where he says its the last tour. Don't want NIN to turn into The Who or Cher where every few years they go away but ending up coming back.
Yeah, but when does it get lame to hang out with Trent Rizzo?

Freshcat
03-19-2014, 05:54 AM
I mentioned to my buddy before the second Melbourne show that despite being a little spoiled for shows this trip in AUS, who knows if/when we will see them again, so we have to treat each one like the last. The different set lists each night (for the most part) certainly helped that too.
I can never complain about the touring cycle. I have seen them 9 times since 2000 in Melbourne.

Fist Fuck
03-19-2014, 07:28 AM
If tonight's setlist for Auckland is correct, we're down to 16 songs now. Co-headlining really sucks. I'm glad Europe is getting solo headlining shows.

fillow
03-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Well it was the same length at previous show Brisbane. (Don't tell me you count pre-recoded AWP and Hand Covers Bruise)

FernandoDante
03-19-2014, 09:33 AM
That really sucks, when was the Rio gig booked originally? Was it under old or new management?
No idea, but I think it was announced after the switch.

Sorta off-topic, but imagine my joy upon finding out that I can't get refunded for either of my plane tickets, and I have to pay $100-fee to cancel each of them.

m33k
03-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Well it was the same length at previous show Brisbane. (Don't tell me you count pre-recoded AWP and Hand Covers Bruise)

Alessandro isn't playing AWP??? If not, that's a shame. I'm not his biggest fan and I guess it's still up for debate how much of it was actually being played live but for the Tension shows he was definitely up there doing *something* while everyone else took a break and it sounded/looked like more than just pressing play.

umby1979
03-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Is that just latecomers though? How would anyone know who was on last?

Yeah, good point. Apart from the 2 Sydney shows where they said who was playing first a couple of days out and Melbourne where you knew they would swap each night, you only really knew who was playing once you got inside.
Maybe Trent just kept calling tails - always fails. Looking forward to the backstage footage!

Maybe for the NIN/SG tour, Trent and Chris should scissors/paper/rock it to see who goes first, just to mix it up.

icecream
03-19-2014, 06:18 PM
If tonight's setlist for Auckland is correct, we're down to 16 songs now. Co-headlining really sucks. I'm glad Europe is getting solo headlining shows.
Yeah, sort of relieved I'm missing out on the NIN/SG thing. Would hate to pay a bunch to only see one of the headlining bands on the bill and then have a shorter set.

TheRealNs1
03-19-2014, 06:22 PM
ya'll could y'know, try to enjoy a soundgarden show.

implanted_microchip
03-19-2014, 06:32 PM
I've given SG quite a bit of a fair chance; I've taken recommendations, I've listened to two full albums as well as looked at live footage, I've really tried to like them in the past couple of weeks and I just haven't been able to. If they're your thing then that is fantastic, that's awesome, keep on listening and enjoying and I'm happy you like it, but if you're like me and genuinely find nothing that suits your taste then it's kind of hard to enjoy something you don't like or connect with musically, vocally or lyrically.

Regardless of a shorter setlist I'm still excited to see NIN; I've not gotten to see a ton of shows like some fans and I'll take what I can get. I don't plan on booing or blowing SG off or doing anything childish, I just plan on sitting through it, hopefully liking some of it but really just seeing it as build-up to why I'm there in the first place (or, if they play after NIN, just taking it for what it is).

Tumnayar
03-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Still mad they are not playing in George WA, leave it to SG to mess up NIN not going there because SG already did.

TheRealNs1
03-19-2014, 07:00 PM
I've given SG quite a bit of a fair chance; I've taken recommendations, I've listened to two full albums as well as looked at live footage, I've really tried to like them in the past couple of weeks and I just haven't been able to. If they're your thing then that is fantastic, that's awesome, keep on listening and enjoying and I'm happy you like it, but if you're like me and genuinely find nothing that suits your taste then it's kind of hard to enjoy something you don't like or connect with musically, vocally or lyrically.

Regardless of a shorter setlist I'm still excited to see NIN; I've not gotten to see a ton of shows like some fans and I'll take what I can get. I don't plan on booing or blowing SG off or doing anything childish, I just plan on sitting through it, hopefully liking some of it but really just seeing it as build-up to why I'm there in the first place (or, if they play after NIN, just taking it for what it is).

I like their hits, but honestly did not start listening to their live stuff/albums until I heard they were touring with NIN. I mean who knows? I didn't listen to Janes before NIN/JA either; when I got home from those shows, I started listening to Janes.

icklekitty
03-20-2014, 07:22 AM

I think Jane's Addiction have left a scar.

r_k_f
03-20-2014, 08:53 AM
I love Hand Covers Bruise into Beside You In Time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9MDzDSR-mw

icecream
03-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Tonights setlist looked really good. Eater of Dreams into Wish!

fillow
03-20-2014, 09:20 AM
All right, I take this back. A video above confirms that TR at least plays the piano part in Hand Covers Bruise live.

WorzelG
03-20-2014, 09:22 AM
So the NME tweeted that the UK tour will be 'aggressive and low key' - BUT when you read the actual quotes in the article, in typical Trent fashion, all he's doing is saying what's going on now in Aus and that each leg will be different. So I feel none the wiser about what's in store (although saying you are doing a low key arena tour is not a brilliant way to sell tickets IMO!)
http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/76216?utm_source=nme&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=NIN

Kyle
03-20-2014, 10:38 AM
So the NME tweeted that the UK tour will be 'aggressive and low key' - BUT when you read the actual quotes in the article, in typical Trent fashion, all he's doing is saying what's going on now in Aus and that each leg will be different. So I feel none the wiser about what's in store (although saying you are doing a low key arena tour is not a brilliant way to sell tickets IMO!)
http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/76216?utm_source=nme&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=NIN

ummmmm.... The article is wrong right from the start. The 8 piece version never played there.

icklekitty
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM
The NME probably put a few articles from 2013 through a word randomiser and that's it.

billpulsipher
03-20-2014, 01:42 PM
TR claims the Australian tour is more aggressive....so Year Zero and HTDA songs are more aggressive?? Ummm

WorzelG
03-20-2014, 02:04 PM
TR claims the Australian tour is more aggressive....so Year Zero and HTDA songs are more aggressive?? Ummm
Yep, I found that a bit confusing too. I might try and avoid interviews in the near future, I always feel like I know less about what's going on every time!

In other news, now THIS is a setlist I can get behind! In Wellington, new zealand

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/tsb-bank-arena-wellington-new-zealand-2bc22c8e.html

Reptile, me i'm not, great destroyer, sicnh, frail/wretched, copy of a, what if we could - a lot of win there

Kyle
03-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Did he say more aggressive? I thought all he said was more electronic.

WorzelG
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Did he say more aggressive? I thought all he said was more electronic.
He said both aggressive and electronic for the Australia shows in various interviews

Fist Fuck
03-20-2014, 05:17 PM
It seems like he cares about the US the most anyway. New fb cover picture is already for the summer US tour, when the European tour hasn't even started yet. I just hope the European tour will have a bigger production, longer setlist and additional band member.

simonn
03-20-2014, 05:42 PM
It seems like he cares about the US the most anyway. New fb cover picture is already for the summer US tour, when the European tour hasn't even started yet.

Presumably because they're trying to sell tickets for that at the moment - ie just announced (obv they are for the European tour too, but that'll be more bitty (saleswise) as they've been on sale for ages already). Though I'm sure your general point is true!

Binky007
03-20-2014, 06:03 PM
What are the chances do you think that a second Vegas show gets added on the Friday? (Mostly wishful thinking on my part) It doesn't look like Britney is there in July so seems like it would be do-able since that is kicking off the Summer leg.

heavenly_bearded
03-20-2014, 06:18 PM
What are the chances do you think that a second Vegas show gets added on the Friday? (Mostly wishful thinking on my part) It doesn't look like Britney is there in July so seems like it would be do-able since that is kicking off the Summer leg.

I like your thinking! I'll already be there. No plans other than hanging out with some friends so that would be great!

Binky007
03-20-2014, 06:28 PM
So far it seems a lot a people are going to Vegas a few days before. I'm coming in on Friday. Let's send out some vibes for a Friday show!!

ninlive
03-20-2014, 06:31 PM
4 shows in 4 days, I don't think NIN has ever done that. Unless they add the show on the 18th.

Ryan
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
According to setlist.fm The Eater Of Dreams opened the Wellington show, but no mention of Pinion. Was TEOD performed by itself without the Pinion mash-up?

draven
03-20-2014, 07:03 PM
According to setlist.fm The Eater Of Dreams opened the Wellington show, but no mention of Pinion. Was TEOD performed by itself without the Pinion mash-up?
i'm guessing it was the mash because they went straight into wish.

Ryan
03-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Fixed it in that case.

TheBang
03-20-2014, 10:31 PM
4 shows in 4 days, I don't think NIN has ever done that. Unless they add the show on the 18th.
How about 7 shows in 7 days on the Hate tour? :)

Even Fragility 2.0 had a 6 shows in 6 days run.

becomingtom
03-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Has it mentioned yet if we are allowed to camcord the shows being it's all outdoor shows like the NINJA tour?

ManBurning
03-21-2014, 12:11 AM

I was actually hoping since there is no goddamn Pacific Northwest (Seattle, Vancouver BC, Oregon) show they would get locked in as a headliner for the supposive Pemberton Music Festival in Pemberton BC (July 18-20) that seems to be struggling putting a lineup together. This festival is on the verge of getting cancelled because they can't get a headliner. I actually took a HUGE risk and bought early bird tickets to this festival when they went on sale last November with the gamble that NIN would play, since it fell in line with their rumored North American Summer tour, thought they might play the festival again since they played it back in 2008.

Guess that was extreme wishful thinking as now the festival might actually be cancelled altogether. The promoters were supposed to release the lineup at end of January and they have been toying with their fans since then. Nobody can get a straight answer out of anyone in the camp (Huka Entertainment) and the festival is supposed to start in less than 4 months.

Now we're probably gonna have to fight tooth and nail to get a refund, and these tickets weren't cheap... $300 each. They really saw us coming and laughed all the way to the bank. People who invested in the festival are beyond frustrated and pissed off.

Well, lesson learned... i'm never buying tickets for a festival before the lineup is released. I considered since Lollapalooza, Outsidelands and other well respected festivals always do the early bird presales before the festival lineup comes out, it was a safe bet this company would pull through as well. Guess they realized they couldn't compete with Livenations Squamish festival (which invested 12 million in talent, including Arcade Fire, Eminem and Bruno mars) just 2 weeks later in Squamish BC and pulled the plug on the festival, but they are too afraid to admit it.

At this point it's virturally impossible to even remotely HOPE that NIN will make an appearance at Pemberton (assuming it's still on), as it would be rather difficult to get from Pemberton, BC to Vegas over night, not impossible, but they would be strapped for precious time they could be using to reherse and get their shit together for their first official show of the tour.

They'd have to play an incredibly stripped down show if that was the case, basically bring their instruments and rely on whatever lights the stage had, because they wouldn't have time to bring in a full blown production.

sore_and_crucified
03-21-2014, 03:46 AM
Looking at how random the HTDA tracks have been dropped in through the Australian tour, I'm wondering if anything will happen in the UK and will be gutted if can't be at the 'right' show for this. I have tickets for Manchester and Nottingham. Just thinking this could end up being London or even Cardiff, Glasgow. No way of knowing though, and, I'm just even speculating that MQ will travel for the UK leg. Some 'surprises' would be good though :)

sheepdean
03-21-2014, 06:02 AM
Looking at how random the HTDA tracks have been dropped in through the Australian tour, I'm wondering if anything will happen in the UK and will be gutted if can't be at the 'right' show for this. I have tickets for Manchester and Nottingham. Just thinking this could end up being London or even Cardiff, Glasgow. No way of knowing though, and, I'm just even speculating that MQ will travel for the UK leg. Some 'surprises' would be good though :)
I'd be surprised if Q+the kids didn't come to Europe too, unless she's going to be working on HTDA stuff from home - but considering Trent made YZ almost entirely on the road, I imagine the tech he had could be shared with Mariqueen.

And hey htda, still totally cool to announce a surprise London show for HTDA on the 22nd. Look at that free spot. Look how free it is. With all the lack of things.

WorzelG
03-21-2014, 06:37 AM
And hey htda, still totally cool to announce a surprise London show for HTDA on the 22nd. Look at that free spot. Look how free it is. With all the lack of things.
Don't want to get hopes up only to be dashed! Although me going to that could be payback for my husband forgetting to put the Cardiff show in his work diary and arranging to talk at a fucking conference on that day, I mean what are the odds! Now I've got to try and blag my parents to come down and look after the kids for me, and we don't have masses of family living nearby, I was fucking livid

miss k bee
03-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Considering going to Birmingham as well as London, but looking too expensive at the moment.

icklekitty
03-21-2014, 07:26 AM
I miss 2007 when tickets were £25 each and you could do 15 dates in 3 weeks for under £400.

icecream
03-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Pemberton has annoyed me too this time around. Luckily, I didn't get the early tickets, but came close to it. There was rumors the lineup was going to come out in early March but that didn't happen. The lineup is going to suck and the whole festival will tank, which is too bad.

ManBurning
03-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Pemberton has annoyed me too this time around. Luckily, I didn't get the early tickets, but came close to it. There was rumors the lineup was going to come out in early March but that didn't happen. The lineup is going to suck and the whole festival will tank, which is too bad.

It is too bad, the first festival was AWESOME! It was my first festival, and I only went because of NIN, but I ended up having alot of fun. So when I found out last fall that it was coming back, I was so stoked. I think it was nostalgia that got the best (worst) of me, and made me jump the gun on buying the early bird tickets without the lineup. To make matters worse, I begged and convinced 2 friends til I was blue in the face that this is going to be an amazing festival and to buy tickets to it, they were skeptical, especially with no lineup, and I don't blame them. They finally caved in and told me to get a ticket for each of them, and then I bought for my girlfriend as well, so that makes 4 $300 tickets I purchased at the early bird presale...

Now i'm out $1200, as it's almost April and still no lineup. If there is going to be a lineup at all, it's going to be some small little dinky fest with no big name talent. They don't have enough time to sell the fest at this point. Really is a shame, I spent months convincing people it was an awesome festival and even booked my vacation time for the festival, when I could have used it for something else later in the year.

icecream
03-21-2014, 02:10 PM
That is horrible! The promoters should feel some obligation to those who bought tickets to let them know what the hold up is. Maybe some free concessions for early bird ticket holders. I have been thinking Rock the Shores or Rifflandia if they have good lineups. If not then maaaaaaybe Squamish but there is only a few bands there I'm interested in.

nooneimportant
03-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Hoping the international Lollapalooza shows are streaming in a few weeks. Apparently they did last year, I think. If not then we'll atleast get some pro shot footage out of it regardless.

ManBurning
03-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Well, this just in... the 2nd weekend for the Sasquatch festival planned in George, WA at the Gorge for July 4th weekend has been cancelled.

http://www.ssgmusic.com/2nd-weekend-sasquatch-2014-canceled/

This basically means Soundgarden do not have a Washington state show planned for July, it seems the radius clause that prevented a NIN/SG Washington state show from occuring may have been lifted. I wonder if this means they will add a Washington state show now before the Vegas show or after the Hollywood show.

nooneimportant
03-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Only no longer has live drums and has Ilan playing bass at the front of the stage instead. I really liked the version from the 2013 festival shows, too.

jessamineny
03-22-2014, 10:46 AM
TR's last Instagram: "Thank you so much Australia and New Zealand. Thanks #qotsa #brodydalle. Let's do this again."

Stop toying with my emotions. :P C'mon, September

Tumnayar
03-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Well, this just in... the 2nd weekend for the Sasquatch festival planned in George, WA at the Gorge for July 4th weekend has been cancelled.

http://www.ssgmusic.com/2nd-weekend-sasquatch-2014-canceled/

This basically means Soundgarden do not have a Washington state show planned for July, it seems the radius clause that prevented a NIN/SG Washington state show from occuring may have been lifted. I wonder if this means they will add a Washington state show now before the Vegas show or after the Hollywood show.

do it do it

FernandoDante
03-23-2014, 10:53 PM
The Rio date is still up on http://tour.nin.com/ . Is that usual? Don't cancelled dates usually get pulled from the site quickly?

laci
03-24-2014, 03:35 AM
The Rio date is still up on http://tour.nin.com/ . Is that usual? Don't cancelled dates usually get pulled from the site quickly?

Budapest and the other cancelled European dates had been pulled from the site almost immediately.

dominik
03-24-2014, 05:03 AM
So did Trent join Josh on stage for some songs or did that not happen at all?

fillow
03-24-2014, 05:39 AM
If he did, it would be all over ets by now. Nope.

Fist Fuck
03-24-2014, 02:11 PM
So, how many and which shows did NIN open/close? Did anyone make a list or something?

FernandoDante
03-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Budapest and the other cancelled European dates had been pulled from the site almost immediately.
Ah, never mind. It's been pulled. Quietly, as all the other ones, of course.

Ryan
03-24-2014, 06:32 PM
For those not visiting the Aussie DVD thread, some videos I've uploaded so far. Note Rob filming during Letting You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGbvAB6UhQ0&fmt=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwJj3doroE&fmt=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VXyUxGPDaI&fmt=22

More to come.

ryanmcfly
03-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Does anyone know which songs Rob was on stage for? I saw Letting You and The Big come Down on youtube.

Ryan
03-25-2014, 05:04 PM
For those not visiting the Aussie DVD thread, some videos I've uploaded so far. Note Rob filming during Letting You:

More to come.

Sanctified / Came Back Haunted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjcgx9qaMg&fmt=22

Me, I'm Not / Copy Of A / Survivalism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RB_9bB3Sg&fmt=22

Only / Wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXf8nG10kHY&fmt=22

Corona Radiata
03-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know if any of these Latin America festivals are streaming?

pwing47
03-26-2014, 01:35 PM

I looked into this awhile back and didn't find anything that indicated Vive Latino or Festival Estereo would be streaming. I think some or all of the Lollas may have had live streams last year, but I could totally wrong about that.

Vrolok1
03-26-2014, 07:57 PM

@vulgarandsick: RITCNIN Transmission of NIN show in Mexico City will be through this page: https://t.co/Bm1Hb3aOT9

snaapz
03-26-2014, 08:02 PM
I just watched this video (seen below). I thought I would check in on the world of NIN and see some recent tour footage, having been to the show in Toronto a few months back.

The performance is simply amazing. Not sure how else to word it. All of it and all of them on stage... I felt like I was watching hell surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stT5fhobPPs

Volband
03-26-2014, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stT5fhobPPs
Oh man, did Robin come from a job interview? And Trent is rocking basically the same shirt every show, bit tries on every single piece of shorts/trousers/whateverthehellheswearing. I never seen those festival shorts before, and now this.:D

ryanmcfly
03-26-2014, 09:29 PM
@vulgarandsick: @RITCNIN (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) Transmission of NIN show in Mexico City will be through this page: https://t.co/Bm1Hb3aOT9

Someone better rip this shit.

Kyle
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Someone better rip this shit.
It was tweeted by ritc so that probably won't be a problem. Still though, whoever has the capabilities, the more the merrier.

Kyle
03-26-2014, 10:16 PM
Oh man, did Robin come from a job interview? And Trent is rocking basically the same shirt every show, bit tries on every single piece of shorts/trousers/whateverthehellheswearing. I never seen those festival shorts before, and now this.:D
It wasn't until looking at pictures and video I took at the Newark show until I realized he changed shirts partway through the show. He went from black sleeveless to black short sleeves. I'd have to see a video of the whole show to tell you when since I only recorded here and there.

Moebius
03-27-2014, 02:30 AM

I think he's doing a Hugo Weaving "Elrond/Agent Smith" cosplay mashup.

jessamineny
03-27-2014, 07:34 AM
It wasn't until looking at pictures and video I took at the Newark show until I realized he changed shirts partway through the show. He went from black sleeveless to black short sleeves. I'd have to see a video of the whole show to tell you when since I only recorded here and there.

I think it was during the "A Warm Place" intermission

Vrolok1
03-27-2014, 09:46 AM
This is an interview with Trent Reznor previous to his show in Mexico city, Ill make a translation, I don't have the original interview,so I hope you'll get the idea.

SOPITAS: Han pasado casi seis años desde tu última presentación en la Ciudad de México, y muchos fans están muy emocionados por tu próximo show el jueves. ¿Qué podemos esperar del concierto de Nine Inch Nails en el Vive Latino?

SOPITAs (interviewer): It's been almost six years since your last show here in Mexico City, and a lot of fans are really excited to see this show on tuesday, What can we expect of the NIN's concert at the Vive Latino?

TRENT REZNOR: Bueno, queremos pasar un buen rato. La banda ha estado de gira desde finales del verano pasado y estoy tratando de que cada bloque de la gira sea algo distinto a los demás. Estoy cambiando las cosas, estoy cambiando la producción, estoy cambiando a los integrantes de la banda, nos reducimos de lo que era un banda de ocho piezas a finales del anterior a ser una de cuatro piezas. La razón detrás de todo eso es para mantener las presentaciones vigentes, para mantener a la audiencia a la expectativa. Quiero hacer cosas que la gente no estaba esperando. De hecho, ahorita estoy formulando el setlist y yo estaría a la expectativa de un show muy completo, que no se enfoca sobre ningún disco en particular sino que abarca toda la trayectoria. Muy agresivo y conciso y listo para marchar.

TR: We just want to have a fun time there. We've been out since last summer, and Im trying every show as different as the others. Im changing the production, changing the members of the band, starting with 8, now we're just 4.

The reason for this is to mantain our shows as "fresh" as we can. to create expectation among the fans. I want to make things that people wasn´t expecting. In fact, right now I'm making the setlist, and I'll be waiting a full complete show, not focused on a special Halo, but all our Halo's. Too agressive and focused and ready to go on.

I can't fucking wait to see this show in my hometown! By the way the're enjoying their stay here, for sure!

ninlive
03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
It was tweeted by ritc so that probably won't be a problem. Still though, whoever has the capabilities, the more the merrier.

NIN goes on at 12:15 EST, will be starting a capture around that time. I obviously don't read Spanish well and there is no actual confirmation. But I will be recording whatever is around that time.

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 02:47 PM
midnight? Damnit! I think I'll go to the bar and listen in my headphones while people look at me like I'm having a seizure in my stool.

Ryan
03-27-2014, 04:15 PM
How long before the Mexico show starts?

from now I mean...

Vrolok1
03-27-2014, 04:19 PM
7 hours =)

Vrolok1
03-27-2014, 04:34 PM
http://www.coca-cola.tv/mx-es/base/mainvod2

In this page you could see the NIN's show in Vive latino at 22:15 Mexico time. Choose "Señal 1"

Enjoy it

thatguymark
03-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Mexico City is on Central time, so that would be 11:15pm Eastern. Just sayin'. :)

hani
03-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Time to use a proxy...

http://i.imgur.com/6RrU9pOl.png

try Mediahint (for firefox or chrome) - it's AWESOME

Corona Radiata
03-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Please someone record

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Damnit can't use media hint on phone. Ah well. I'll either stay home or just listen to it. I'm kinda getting the thirsty Thursday itch a tad tho

Toadflax
03-27-2014, 06:42 PM
try Mediahint (for firefox or chrome) - it's AWESOME

Doesn't seem to work for this site (on Chrome in the US).

cabezas
03-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Lollapalooza Chile will be streamed via coca-cola.tv as well, and for audio will be streamed over www.rockandpop.cl

cabezas
03-27-2014, 06:43 PM
try Hola https://hola.org/ also for chrome and firefox

Tumnayar
03-27-2014, 06:59 PM
hola works, just got onto that site with it, hope the show tonight is good!!!

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Can someone confirm that it's locked to Mexico specifically? I'm trying hola with the Mexican server and I've gotten to the page, but I've got a blank screen. I got past the initial give us your age, gender, and location page, but I'm not getting any content. Is that the server that other people have used? If I can get it, I'll record it. Also, I don't speak Spanish which makes things more interesting. I had better luck with the Europe streams because I can speak French.

Tumnayar
03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Can someone confirm that it's locked to Mexico specifically? I'm trying hola and I've gotten to the page, but I've got a blank screen (I used the mexican server). Is that the server that other people have used? If I can get it, I'll record it.

I chose the Mexican proxy, and I am on the page.

Toadflax
03-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Can someone confirm that it's locked to Mexico specifically? I'm trying hola with the Mexican server and I've gotten to the page, but I've got a blank screen. I got past the initial give us your age, gender, and location page, but I'm not getting any content. Is that the server that other people have used? If I can get it, I'll record it. Also, I don't speak Spanish which makes things more interesting. I had better luck with the Europe streams because I can speak French.

Same. I just get a blank screen with Hola.

EDIT: Don't know what I did differently, but now I'm on the page. No content on any of the channels, though...

Tumnayar
03-27-2014, 07:28 PM
What is blank, the entire page?

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 07:31 PM
What is blank, the entire page?
I get the twitter crap at the bottom, and a thing going around in a circle above it. Then it stops, and I have a play button, which I hit, and I see nothing. What browser and OS are you using? I wasn't successful with chrome or firefox on OS X 10.9. I'm trying Windows right now.

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Same problems with Hola for me; on windows 7 w/chrome and getting a purely blank page, not even the twitter stuff or any options. Using the Mexico proxy, too.

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 07:41 PM
I tried windows 8 with hola, the mexico proxy and both chrome and firefox. No dice. They're using AEG Digital Media Tremolo Player to actually broadcast the content; I'm not familiar with this platform. I'll give the debian box at home a try in a bit.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I appear to have it working now in Chrome. At first I was having the white/blank screen too. I restarted Chrome after maybe 5-6 unsuccessful attempts, but not sure if that had anything to do with it.

FULLMETAL
03-27-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm listening to the Coca-ColaFM stream and had forgotten how annoying DJ cut-ins are during a live broadcast. I suppose I should switch to the video stream before NIN starts.

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I appear to have it working now in Chrome. At first I was having the white/blank screen too. I restarted Chrome after maybe 5-6 unsuccessful attempts, but not sure if that had anything to do with it.
That doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings about the robustness of this system. Can you determine the video quality? And what OS are you using?

nobies
03-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Page loads with the mexican proxy, but no video. Just a black box that won't load.

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 07:58 PM
As someone who doesn't know any Spanish, what's the age-gate looking thing when the page actually loads? No idea what I should put in.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Can you determine the video quality?

Yeah, I got excited when the page loaded and I saw the loading spinner, assuming something was about to happen. I now have only the big black box of emptiness, too :( I'm on Win 7 btw.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 08:01 PM
As someone who doesn't know any Spanish, what's the age-gate looking thing when the page actually loads? No idea what I should put in.

I put 26+ and it worked. I put what I think is Mexico City on the list of places I don't know in Spanish.

Edit: By that, I meant that I put in "Hombe" (male), "26 a 35 anos" (26-35), and "Estado de Mexico" for location.

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 08:14 PM
So has anyone actually seen a video playing on this site who isn't in mexico? I tried getting the .m3u8 playlist and it just had some heartbeat info in it... no links that could be downloaded. I also got some weird certificate errors using wget to acquire the m3u8 playlist.

TheBang
03-27-2014, 08:19 PM
cynicmuse, I think you want to be looking for a .f4m manifest. I think this is an HDS stream.

For people having trouble with proxies, you could try this:

http://www.ilive.to/view/5778/watch-live-VISIONTAPATIA-channel-for-free

This is, basically, an individual user living in Mexico, and he live streams (re-broadcasts) the Vive Latino live stream each year. The thing is, there are 3 different channels being broadcast for VL, so you're at the mercy of what he wants to watch. He may not want to watch NIN when it's on. And, of course, the quality can suck since it's a stream of a stream. But, you know, no proxy issues.

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 08:30 PM
The FM app seems to be working great. Pretty fucking cool. Gonna head out to the bar in a bit and rock out by myself haha

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 08:32 PM
I don't think that hola is working.
In the firefox web console, it's saying that that address is forbidden (same response for wget). Anyone know of another VPN? I'd use tunnelbear, but they don't have a mexican ip.

Ryan
03-27-2014, 08:43 PM
And, of course, the quality can suck since it's a stream of a stream. But, you know, no proxy issues.

This is just a stream of a stream of a stream of a...

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Is the stream page supposed to not have anything playing in the video box, or is that just Hola not working?

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Is the stream page supposed to not have anything playing in the video box, or is that just Hola not working?
Their region checking is smarter than Hola. I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but it isn't giving the right IP to the actual media server.

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 09:28 PM
As someone who has only the very basic understandings of IP and proxies, thanks a ton for the info/help. I really appreciate it!

cynicmuse
03-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Just to confirm, it is an HDS stream.

nobies
03-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Huzzah. Oh boy.

m15a
03-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Is anyone actually in Mexico recording by any chance? Or is anyone outside Mexico getting video they can record?

Ryan
03-27-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm at work and can't watch - setlist updates plz.

NINisamazing
03-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Considering I will be missing the soundgarden tour(unfortunately). I certainly HOPE they do not a do a Still style tour. I may jump off a fucking bridge.

Tumnayar
03-27-2014, 10:40 PM
This the link to the actual stream file? How can we get it to work without going through the cocacola site?

https://aegdmjsdelivery-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/202833/mc_auto_xml_vivelatino03B34D86-4514-AD46-90DC-2D2AE22711A1/playlist.m3u8

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Anyone know when this starts? 15 mins I assume?

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Considering I will be missing the soundgarden tour(unfortunately). I certainly HOPE they do not a do a Still style tour. I may jump off a fucking bridge.

I don't see this anytime soon but could totally see it in say 10-15 years. Super small venues and the such.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 11:13 PM
I hear A Warm Place and now Somewhat Damaged. It has apparently begun.

Edit: Wish so bad I could actually see it. Uuugh.

Ryan
03-27-2014, 11:14 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/foro-sol-mexico-city-mexico-63c206ab.html

A Warm Place

Somewhat Damaged (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Somewhat+Damaged)

m15a
03-27-2014, 11:14 PM
http://sipse.com/entretenimiento/transmision-stream-en-vivo-festival-vive-latino-2014-82452.html This is working in my regular browser, but I dunno if it's because I was messing around with proxies before.

MrSlfDstruct
03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
That's not the same arrangement of A Warm Place they used on Tension . . . or is it?

Kyle
03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/foro-sol-mexico-city-mexico-63c206ab.html

A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Somewhat+Damaged)

why is AWP in the prerecorded font?

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah I popped my earplug in just in time for a warm place. If you guys are really having trouble with video download the coke FM app. Its working flawlessly and sounds great.

Ryan
03-27-2014, 11:16 PM
why is AWP in the prerecorded font?

I'm not sure, I can't hear it. Was it actually played by the band this time like they did when they played TDS live in full?

It was a pre-recording here in Australia, missing some elements of the song.

Kyle
03-27-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure, I can't hear it. Was it actually played by the band this time like they did when they played TDS live in full?

It was a pre-recording here in Australia, missing some elements of the song.

on the Tension tour it was being performed but with a large chunk prerecorded. Not entirely live but not entirely prerecorded either.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 11:22 PM
If you guys are really having trouble with video download the coke FM app. Its working flawlessly and sounds great.

Just downloaded the Android app on the Play Store (there were a bunch, I picked Mexico). Still just audio and no video. HALP :|

Enjoying the show regardless :)

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Just downloaded the Android app on the Play Store (there were a bunch, I picked Mexico). Still just audio and no video. HALP :|

Enjoying the show regardless :)

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it had video. I'm just listening to it bud.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it had video. I'm just listening to it bud.

Ha, no worries. Just got excited, I suppose (and greedy for video :) ). Guess we're mostly all in the same boat then. Going to sit back and enjoy the rest of this bad boy.

Kyle
03-27-2014, 11:28 PM
The app is working good for me for audio. Is here video anywhere or is it just audio? Also it's a weird coincidence that I tried Mexican Coke for the first time today and now I'm listening to a concert streaming through Coca-Cola FM Mexico app.

(And for anyone who doesn't know, Mexican coke isn't what it sounds like. It's just coca cola made in Mexico without HFCS which is supposed to taste so much better but I was underwhelmed)

edit just to clarify that I was writing this before the above posts showed up.

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Safe to assume the Latin America shows will be standard/similar to the Australia setlists? Considering the show so far and how there was no real significant break between these two legs, I'm guessing they'll be nearly the same.

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 11:33 PM
The app is working good for me for audio. Is here video anywhere or is it just audio? Also it's a weird coincidence that I tried Mexican Coke for the first time today and now I'm listening to a concert streaming through Coca-Cola FM Mexico app.

(And for anyone who doesn't know, Mexican coke isn't what it sounds like. It's just coca cola made in Mexico without HFCS which is supposed to taste so much better but I was underwhelmed)

edit just to clarify that I was writing this before the above posts showed up.

?? I actually love an ice cold bottle of Mexican coke. I don't drink much soda at all, but if I do its usually a diet. I think Mexican coke tastes awesome though. I'll def buy one when I run into them.

m15a
03-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Having not listened to any of the Australia/NZ/Japan shows, this is sounding really good!

LOL at the commercial/tag placement, though.

Kyle
Just based on tour schedule I always assumed these would be the same style as Australia shows with Europe getting so etching different and the soundgarden tour also getting something different.

implanted_microchip
Also wow, nice addition to March of the Pigs; I hope the Latino sample/interlude sticks around.

Tumnayar
03-27-2014, 11:36 PM
That mexican soundbyte made me LOL

pwing47
03-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Also wow, nice addition to March of the Pigs; I hope the Latino sample/interlude sticks around.

Lol. I heard that too. It'll show up on one of the tracks on Seed 9, I hope.

FeelBetterINC
03-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Lol. I heard that too. It'll show up on one of the tracks on Seed 9, I hope.

Not sure if new but survivalism sounded like it had a cool beat twist at the end. Don't remember that in any recent shows. Coulda easily missed it though.

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Crossing fingers for a maraca solo on Sanctified.

Krazy
03-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Yeah, sounds like people are having a damn good time. Audio is pretty good through the app.

Anyone getting video? Just wondering what the production/lighting is like. Guessing similar to the Aussie shows but doesn't hurt to ask if anyone's got clips or pics of the stage...

Krazy
03-27-2014, 11:46 PM
adjetivo
1. decepcionado(a), desilusionado(a) (person); frustrado(a) (hope, ambition)
to be disappointed -> estar decepcionado(a) or desilusionado(a) (person)
she was disappointed with the book -> el libro le decepcionó

English to Spaniah translator FTW! Heh.

implanted_microchip
03-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Goddamn I know it gets a ton of hate or at least a bored response from a lot of people, but I absolutely love how Disappointed sounds. It just builds and builds and builds before deconstructing itself, and it's fan-fucking-tastic.

Kyle
03-27-2014, 11:47 PM
We just got a new extra "fuck" in Disappointed.

pwing47
03-27-2014, 11:48 PM
Tension made an impression on me, because everytime I hear this track now (Disappointed) all I can see in my head is the amazing 3-layered mind-blowing screen setup that they did for this. I think it was so good that it made me actually fully appreciate the song instead just kinda like it.

Wonder what the audience in Mexico City is seeing right now.

Krazy
03-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Wonder what the audience in Mexico City is seeing right now.

They are seeing audio. Lots and lots of audio.... on a Coca Cola app. :|