View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

WorzelG
02-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Is poor allesandro going to be a bit tired playing both support AND main act?

Corona Radiata
02-19-2014, 02:14 AM
I hope Robin does this one day.

martin_b
02-19-2014, 03:25 AM
Is poor allesandro going to be a bit tired playing both support AND main act?

But he is only standing in one place and smacking keyboards... He should be fine with that I believe. ;-)

Javra
02-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Actually if he plays like he actually does he's likely not to be standing ^^

But that's a great news, I've always found Alessandro's live performances (Both from his Forse & Blindoldfreak area) really intense. Definitly a great way to do a warm up.
Only thing I wonder is how long his performance is going to be, since you know... modular synthetizers & patch recall aren't really compatible.
But well, I think he owns several systems (buchla, makenoise, verbos...) so he could prepare a different song on each one but I would think those systems would be dedicated to the NIN show if they go for a more "electronic" setlist.

sheepdean
02-19-2014, 05:16 AM
So Allesandro is playing an "instrumental" set opening for NIN in Japan. (via Twitter, with picture)So Japan gets something amazing and we get fucking Cold Cave. If that's not recorded by fans I'll hit someone

fillow
02-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Come live to Belarus then! We're never getting any shows cancelled here! Because we aren't getting any scheduled in the first place. Not just NIN - anything.

icklekitty
02-19-2014, 06:29 AM
So Japan gets something amazing and we get fucking Cold Cave. If that's not recorded by fans I'll hit someone

Can't be worse than Ladytron, though I don't mind if it is if the main event is going to be like 2007.

pukkelpop
02-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Come live to Belarus then! We're never getting any shows cancelled here! Because we aren't getting any scheduled in the first place. Not just NIN - anything.
is there a music scene at all in Belarus/Minsk?

fillow
02-19-2014, 08:38 AM
^^
There are local bands of course, but none of them any big, and just a couple are known outside our country (and by this I mean Russia and Ukraine, hardly anywhere else).
I'm also exaggerating a little bit by saying that no one comes here. They do, but just a small fraction of what comes through Rus/Ukr.
And that's it for offtopic from my side.

Volband
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Can't be worse than Ladytron, though I don't mind if it is if the main event is going to be like 2007.
Say whaaaaaaaaat? How can Ladytron be worse than CC?

skullboy0
02-19-2014, 08:53 PM
So, Nine Inch Nails is playing Bonnaroo then?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5908548/bonnaroo-2014-lineup-kanye-west-elton-john-jack-white-headlining?utm_source=twitter

No Nine Inch Nails on the announced lineup

GibbonBlack
02-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Say whaaaaaaaaat? How can Ladytron be worse than CC?

I like Ladytron on CD but when I saw them support NIN in 2007 it was atrocious

FernandoDante
02-19-2014, 10:10 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5908548/bonnaroo-2014-lineup-kanye-west-elton-john-jack-white-headlining?utm_source=twitter

Wow. So the cancellation story is less shitty now.

martin_b
02-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm just wondering if NIN will cancel (or not) the show in Kiev. It's pretty heavy there right now.

acidpolly
02-20-2014, 01:20 AM
well, after listening to the recent interview I am more inclined to believe that these dates were cancelled to have more time for working on Gone Girl soundtrack / working on other stuff (considering situation in Ukraine as well)

ManBurning
02-20-2014, 01:33 AM
well, after listening to the recent interview I am more inclined to believe that these dates were cancelled to have more time for working on Gone Girl soundtrack

I donno about that, the movie comes out to US cinemas for public viewing on Oct 3rd of this year. Generally, a S/T should be done and ready to go a few months before the release of the film to allow time for editing and post-production. The movie needs to be in a final form at least a month ahead of time to screen to critics and people who worked on the film. I mean, could make sense... Let's say Fincher and company gave them a deadline to hand their work in my July 1st, that makes total sense that Trent cancelled that last week of shows so he could fly back early and finish out the soundtrack in person with Atticus.

I'm just worried the 2nd North American leg of touring has been scrapped now due to Gone Girl. I really wanted to get my NIN fix in one more time before they go on another 3-5 year touring hiatus. Probably won't be, I think Trent said what, they were gonna be back in the mid to late summer? So 6-8 weeks of touring starting at the end of July and going to the end of September makes sense.

fillow
02-20-2014, 01:42 AM

Found them: SuperJam with Skrillex and Friends

acidpolly
02-20-2014, 01:53 AM
I donno about that, the movie comes out to US cinemas for public viewing on Oct 3rd of this year. Generally, a S/T should be done and ready to go a few months before the release of the film to allow time for editing and post-production. The movie needs to be in a final form at least a month ahead of time to screen to critics and people who worked on the film. I mean, could make sense... Let's say Fincher and company gave them a deadline to hand their work in my July 1st, that makes total sense that Trent cancelled that last week of shows so he could fly back early and finish out the soundtrack in person with Atticus.

I'm just worried the 2nd North American leg of touring has been scrapped now due to Gone Girl. I really wanted to get my NIN fix in one more time before they go on another 3-5 year touring hiatus. Probably won't be, I think Trent said what, they were gonna be back in the mid to late summer? So 6-8 weeks of touring starting at the end of July and going to the end of September makes sense.

hey but this really doesn't make sense. why cancelling something AFTER the movie is definitely finished? Trent was talking about US leg in autumn, I don't see why it can't happen.

ManBurning
02-20-2014, 02:25 AM
hey but this really doesn't make sense. why cancelling something AFTER the movie is definitely finished? Trent was talking about US leg in autumn, I don't see why it can't happen.

That's right, once the soundtrack is finished he can always book shows in the US, just heard it was supposed to wrap up before Autumn started. Either way, after Gone Girl, what else does he have left on his plate (that we know of)? The Fragile re-issue and just to tour North America again.

He probably cancelled the dates to meet the Soundtrack deadline and maybe pushed back/delayed the US tour. Then once that ends in the fall he can have his "clear head space" to finish up those Fragile demos for a 2015 release. :)

BenAkenobi
02-20-2014, 02:39 AM
I encourage those in cities with canceled shows to boycott that gone girl movie and soundtrack :(

ManBurning
02-20-2014, 03:01 AM
I encourage those in cities with canceled shows to boycott that gone girl movie and soundtrack :(

Oh, I would be goddamn FURIOUS if NIN cancelled a date in my city/town without a good reason. I had Billy Corgan cancel his Smashing Pumpkins gig in 2012 here in Vancouver only to go and schedule another show in the states instead (In Missola Montanna) on the SAME night the Vancouver show was to take place. The band offered no official statement on why they cancelled the Vancouver show and rebooked another show at the LAST MINUTE! It was literally less than a week away they cancelled the show and created a last minute booking out of nowhere for this city in the US. Vancouver fans were furious. People tried to reach out to members of the band, and they wouldn't reply. That's really bad fanservice if you ask me. I mean, with NIN... yeah it sucks, it's a shitty thing, but at least they are cancelling the shows months in advance, not a week before. My girlfriend and I still hold a grudge against Billy Corgan for doing that, we swore off ever attending one of his shows or giving him another cent of our money again.

I wouldn't want NIN fans to go to that extreme of never giving Trent another cent, or boycotting his shows ever again, but it's a shitty thing to experience when you are stoked that you're favourite band is coming to town only to have them cancel.

Actually, funny thing... after Smashing Pumpkins cancelled their show (It was Oct 7th, I won't forget the date), another band the week after (exactly 1 week after on the 14th) cancelled their Vancouver gig as well, the NIGHT BEFORE claiming they couldn't get there because of road conditions. But the roads weren't bad, it was fall, it wasn't even winter and it was pouring rain outside. So I was VERY pissed off because not 1, but 2 shows I was really looking forward to from some artists I loved cancelled their gigs last minute. So yeah, on one hand, I feel for everyone that got their shows cancelled, but on another hand, at least they gave plenty of noice and nobody had already left their house and were on a plane to one of those citys and then the show got cancelled, because that would have sucked even more.

Tons of people did that for Kanye West here in Vancouver. They came from all across the province, even from other provinces (Alberta) for the show here that was scheduled last fall (in October again... wow... what is with shows getting cancelled in October?) Anyway... Kanye cancelled his Vancouver show claiming there was a truck malfunction and he couldn't get to Vancouver, so instead he heads to San Fransisco to propose to... whatever her name is... kardhasian?? (spelled that wrong), so fans were going to twitter and giving him a piece of mind. Alot of those fans travelled to the show and it got cancelled day of... oh, and to make matters worse... he rescheduled the Vancouver date for Halloween (10 or 11 days after he was originally supposed to come) annnd... he cancelled THAT show as well! What a fuckin' joke that guy is. Instead he went trick or treating in LA with his daughter. Way to be loyal to your fans eh?

That's so shitty though, because all the people that went to Vancouver not once, but TWICE, yes... some people flew out TWICE to have the concert cancelled on them both times! That is some serious bullshit right there.

WorzelG
02-20-2014, 03:37 AM
^^^i had no idea Vancouver had been so shit on recently. I'm feeling a bit worried about the Cardiff and Birmingham shows in the UK, even lady gaga is only playing 4 or 5 arena shows this October

simonn
02-20-2014, 07:05 AM
^^^i had no idea Vancouver had been so shit on recently. I'm feeling a bit worried about the Cardiff and Birmingham shows in the UK, even lady gaga is only playing 4 or 5 arena shows this October

Just had a look at general availability for UK shows, amazed to find out you can still buy row B seats in a block quite near the stage on the upper level of the O2....no shows sold out...I'd still be shocked if any were cancelled, as I imagine he sees the UK as one of the most lucrative european markets, and that would be quite damaging from a PR point of view. Fingers crossed no more cancellations.

Vancouver does seem to be getting a bad deal going back to ManBurnings post - KW is an asshole (like we didn't already know that...).

WorzelG
02-20-2014, 12:32 PM
^^when I last looked there were only a few blocks at the back of the 02 upper tier with tickets left - I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd bought nosebleed tickets at the back in January to find closer ones available a month later, I don't even know how ticketing works anymore.

If bands are in on it trying to inflate prices then they deserve to play to half empty venues, but if the bands aren't making anything from this and ticketmaster are just profiteering from this, then I think it sucks and the government should do something.

I looked into getting tickets for lady gaga the other day, it didn't say 'sold out' or anything so I tried and got directly linked to Get Me In, a tout site, so these companies are officially partnering with fucking profiteers! Ugh it makes me mad

Also my sister and I had to sell some Depeche Mode tickets last year and I managed to do it on eBay and sell them for face value with a 5 % charge - however I think eBay have partnered with some ticketing site too and I tried to use this but they charged a ridiculous percentage so I'd have had to charge £120 for £90 tickets just to break even. I didn't want to do that so just used normal ebay

WorzelG
02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
sorry for double post but I'm not being allowed to edit at the moment and I've just thought of something that irks me - I think another symptom of the press and competitiveness in music is that bands aren't allowed to just put tickets on sale in an arena and just have them sell slowly over time in a drip drip - there is this whole pressure to sell out as quickly as you can - so you have ludicrous statements like with Lady Gaga above - UK tour sold out in 90 seconds - how the fuck is that possible,there isn't even time for people to put in credit card info in 90 secs? its all hype and PR, and I find it so annoying, once a band gets on the hype circus, I just tune out. What next. a band sells out a venue before they're even on sale? It's like ticketmaster just load most of the tickets onto tout sites. and then when people aren't prepared to pay astronomical amounts, they get fed back to the normal sale slowly. I don't know if this is the case but it isn't fair for people who just want to pay a fair price, and expect best available tickets when they try for tickets - these people might not try again later or realise the true situation and the bands have lost a sale

m15a
02-20-2014, 01:10 PM

Yeah! Let's make sure Trent knows that the fans want him to prioritize touring over creating music! /sarcasm

. . . Seriously, I feel bad for people that have been planning on going to these canceled concerts. It definitely sucks, but that doesn't mean Trent (or anyone else) is necessarily at fault.

Krazy
02-20-2014, 05:10 PM
sorry for double post but I'm not being allowed to edit at the moment and I've just thought of something that irks me - I think another symptom of the press and competitiveness in music is that bands aren't allowed to just put tickets on sale in an arena and just have them sell slowly over time in a drip drip - there is this whole pressure to sell out as quickly as you can - so you have ludicrous statements like with Lady Gaga above - UK tour sold out in 90 seconds - how the fuck is that possible,there isn't even time for people to put in credit card info in 90 secs? its all hype and PR, and I find it so annoying, once a band gets on the hype circus, I just tune out. What next. a band sells out a venue before they're even on sale? It's like ticketmaster just load most of the tickets onto tout sites. and then when people aren't prepared to pay astronomical amounts, they get fed back to the normal sale slowly. I don't know if this is the case but it isn't fair for people who just want to pay a fair price, and expect best available tickets when they try for tickets - these people might not try again later or realise the true situation and the bands have lost a sale

I agree with pretty much everything you said other than the bolded part. It probably takes me less than 30 seconds to but tickets from TM (assuming I don't have to "wait in line" and have a good internet connection)- all your CC info is stored in your profile when you sign in, as long as it all goes smoothy after being signed in you only have to enter in the 3 digit security code.

Unless your being sarcastic, then never mind. :P

nooneimportant
02-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Found them: SuperJam with Skrillex and Friends

"Call 9-1-1 now! I wanna fuck you like an animal!!!!"

WorzelG
02-21-2014, 12:57 AM
I agree with pretty much everything you said other than the bolded part. It probably takes me less than 30 seconds to but tickets from TM (assuming I don't have to "wait in line" and have a good internet connection)- all your CC info is stored in your profile when you sign in, as long as it all goes smoothy after being signed in you only have to enter in the 3 digit security code.

Unless your being sarcastic, then never mind. :P
Oh I didn't realise this, I don't have a ticketmaster account. I still don't believe the shows sold out to real people who will attend the show in 90 secs though, I think thousands were siphoned off into rip off tout sites

simonn
02-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Oh I didn't realise this, I don't have a ticketmaster account. I still don't believe the shows sold out to real people who will attend the show in 90 secs though, I think thousands were siphoned off into rip off tout sites

Did you watch Dispatches on Channel 4 a couple of years ago - it was widely acknowledged within the industry that premium seats will be released to secondary ticket selling agents before they go on sale, adn there was lots of secret filing etc highlighting the scumbags activities? I believe there was a suggestion that money changed hands with concert promoters as part of the arrangement - though my memory's a little cloudy two years down the road! Article about the programme here anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17151727

Wonder if you can catch it on Catch Up - quite an eye opener....

m15a
02-21-2014, 12:20 PM

If based on anything, could be concerts are being counted as "sold out" whenever someone sees a "sold out" page on the ticket site, which is before people actually verify their purchases and maybe even before individual tickets (rather than large groups together) are sold. I remember people were saying that "this concert sold out in 2 minutes" stuff way back in 2000 for Fragility 2.0, which is the first concert I went to. I know people were still getting individual pit or lower level tickets off Ticketmaster for a while after that, and I got my crappy 400-level tickets after a while, also.

I think the secondary sellers are much more to blame than the hype of selling out a concert quickly, though.

slave2thewage
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Slightly off-topic, but my flight to Birmingham from Dublin just cost ten euro. Fucking result.

Ryan
02-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Hey sluts, almost time for me to see NIN + QOTSA twice. :D

SM Rollinger
02-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I really really hope the Japan shows get taped!

just my $.02 there

ninlive
02-23-2014, 07:45 PM
I really really hope the Japan shows get taped!

just my $.02 there

I would suspect they pop up on bootleg sites pretty quick. So we'll liberate them or something.

sick among the pure
02-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Ok, maybe this has been discussed.I noticed the Tokyo dates say w/Allesandro, as if he was the opener. Um, what? Is SONYO opening and Ally is just playing all night, or what is going on?

TheBang
02-24-2014, 04:37 AM
Ok, maybe this has been discussed.I noticed the Tokyo dates say w/Allesandro, as if he was the opener. Um, what? Is SONYO opening and Ally is just playing all night, or what is going on?
https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/435943181243252737

SarazenvonWolfenstein
02-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Ok, maybe this has been discussed.I noticed the Tokyo dates say w/Allesandro, as if he was the opener. Um, what? Is SONYO opening and Ally is just playing all night, or what is going on? German Grammar Nazi here...It's Alessandro and SONOIO.I'd fucking love to see that!Lucky japanese people.

sick among the pure
02-24-2014, 05:42 AM
German Grammar Nazi here...It's Alessandro and SONOIO.I'd fucking love to see that!Lucky japanese people.

There's a reason I always type Ally, lol, I'm terrible at spelling and will admit it anytime.

Also, that makes me so jealous because that sounds so much better than most of the openers I've seen.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
02-24-2014, 06:20 AM
As long as you don't address him as 'Alexandro' in person you should be fine^^ I also feel like some openers are sheer torture, something you just have to endure (I personally could not be bothered showing up late and then standing in the last row nodding my head and drinking a beer, so I really have to...)

fillow
02-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Can't see a problem with coming late. I've never been to a show where you couldn't get to the front (maybe 3rd-4th row). Just wait till they blast a classic fast song where everyone starts jumping (Wish, MOTP, whichever comes first).

draven
02-24-2014, 06:46 AM
i usually wait til they finish playing "hurt", everyone seems to just voluntarily move to the back.

sick among the pure
02-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Can't see a problem with coming late. I've never been to a show where you couldn't get to the front (maybe 3rd-4th row). Just wait till they blast a classic fast song where everyone starts jumping (Wish, MOTP, whichever comes first).

Between shortness (I'm Trent's height) and a bad knee from a hockey injury, I pretty much have to be on the rail (for leaning support, and view) so I'm one of those people who is the first 15 in line and stands through every opener without restroom or refreshment break. Some people call me crazy, but I do what I must to have the best experience I can. And when that stage smoke hits me and the first few notes of the opening song play, jamming out with Robin, listening to a terrible opener becomes well worth it.

brokenfragility
02-24-2014, 11:35 AM
So Japan gets something amazing and we get fucking Cold Cave. If that's not recorded by fans I'll hit someone

Cold Cave is fucking awesome, what is wrong with you people!? *sigh*

sheepdean
02-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Compared to a live solo set with Ally though?

GibbonBlack
02-24-2014, 12:09 PM

Sorry man, but to me it just sounds like Ross Geller's basement music with lyrics by the goth kids in south park

Mutilated
02-24-2014, 12:47 PM

100% agree. The best NIN support band ever, arguably. Can't wait for the shows in May.

brokenfragility
02-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Compared to a live solo set with Ally though?

Yeah I would prefer the Ally set but only by a little, I love Cold Cave, I was jelly for Cold Cave when I got Godspeed. I actually like Godspeed too, but man their Tension set was boring. They don't really belong in arenas, the echo made all their music sound like mush. I've always liked Trent's picks for openers though, even though the community seems to not (most of the time). Deerhunter was a prime example of that, I loved them on LITS, and it seems I was the only one.

slave2thewage
02-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Sorry man, but to me it just sounds like Ross Geller's basement music with lyrics by the goth kids in south park

Still better than Ladytron. Plus, if he/they are fucking awful, I'll throw mannequin hands on stage by the end of my shows.

Avarik
02-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Deerhunter is pretty good, but 99% of Trent's opening acts are fucking bullshit. Why is Simian Mobile Disco not opening for NIN? Trent clearly loves them, he plays their shit pre-show and post-show all the time.

hani
02-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Deerhunter is pretty good, but 99% of Trent's opening acts are fucking bullshit. Why is Simian Mobile Disco not opening for NIN? Trent clearly loves them, he plays their shit pre-show and post-show all the time.

by god that would be something, wouldn't it

Krazy
02-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Holy shit- didn't realize the first Tokyo show is in like 12 hours. Thought the shows started on a Friday.

Got some new type of NIN info to look forward tomorrow morning now I suppose.

konkelo
02-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Uh-huh. And I'm afraid Helsinki might get scrapped next. After the initial pants-down excitement for the news, I was immediately sceptical over the venue. I'd say by booking their debut arena gig at basically our biggest event center they're seriously overestimating NIN's popularity here. Korn, who are a far more relevant and a regular guest of ours is doing another show at the cable factory, which isn't that high profile at all. Disgusted to say this, but I hope the people are at least feeling a bit nostalgic. Gotta get those tix moving.

If it's any indicator, the Facebook event only has 208 attendees listed. That's just terrible. The page is somewhat hard to find but fuckkkkkkk. Hey man @konkelo (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2349) let's take a loan together and buy out the remaining seats. I'm not missing this shit.

I wish I'd win in a lottery or something and I would buy all the tickets..... I hope they won't scrap Helsinki. Going to the Korn show btw too. NIN and Korn in the same week! Yay!

suprefan
02-24-2014, 07:19 PM

Saving it for the U.S. summer dates. When itll be a giant dance party outdoors.....

Kenji_Tokyo
02-24-2014, 08:08 PM
At all 3 Tokyo shows, Alessandro will play instrumental set before NIN.
It's in 8 hours;)

simonn
02-25-2014, 01:33 AM
Alessandro on bass then, from the latest Instagram picture on the NIN feed. No link as on new tablet and haven't worked out how to copy and paste yet! Thank god there's some bass! He's also sporting a healthy moustache....

Corona Radiata
02-25-2014, 01:42 AM
Please tell me we're getting live updates tonight.

simonn
02-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Not as far away as some might think, it's already gone 5pm there. Hoping to see what's going on in my lunch hour!

sick among the pure
02-25-2014, 03:04 AM
Please tell me we're getting live updates tonight.
I hope so, that'll help make up for being awake this early.

TheBang
02-25-2014, 03:06 AM
Doors are open now. Opening act on in 1 hour.

Corona Radiata
02-25-2014, 04:24 AM
http://instagram.com/p/k1dBehFKqf/#

Volband
02-25-2014, 05:33 AM
So where do we masturbate to the song-by-song setlist live report?

Aeson
02-25-2014, 05:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nMAot8a.jpg

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 05:40 AM
Well, if that's legit, not too adventurous. Glad to see "Only" and "The Hand That Feeds" remain a happy couple after all these years, much like "HLAH" and "Hurt." : )

scotty79
02-25-2014, 05:40 AM
I just spotted that on twitter and came to post it here as well

fillow
02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
yeah, not much electronic TF stuff here :(

Volband
02-25-2014, 05:43 AM
So more TF material = no songs from TF at all, wow. BYIT is cool, and the opening is definetly interesting (can't wait to see how they started meimnot up), but overall I'm disappointed.

True, they play many shows now in the same area, so we can't really make conclusions just yet, but no TF? At all? What?

Edit: oh, and welcome back Gave Up!

Fist Fuck
02-25-2014, 05:49 AM
If that's the actual setlist, I'm disappointed. Little to no production AND a short/standard setlist? I hope that'll change after those warm-up shows in Japan.

Lerxto
02-25-2014, 05:51 AM
I can picture myself enjoying the show till survivalism and end up being a little disappointed by disappointed and so on.
Good to see BYIT and Gave up back, though.
Hope we can get to hear some rarities tomorrow and then.

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 05:52 AM
I thought TR said they were playing more "electronic and aggressive" bits that they haven't played in a while? That set list doesn't really fit that description. This set reads like a "best of" NIN with BYIT thrown in for the hell of it. And "Disappointed" thrown in, presumably, because that is what TR wants the audience to be for a few minutes.

Then again, we are judging a tour by its first date, and that is never a good idea, especially for NIN.

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Ha, we have a similar sentiment about "Disappointed."

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 05:54 AM
And why is that Aeson's first post? Seems odd.

Volband
02-25-2014, 05:55 AM
Good to see TLBTB and Gave up back, though.
It's BYIT, not TLBTB.

Volband
02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
There's no TPF on the setlist, so it seems legit. :D But sure, we can't take it granted yet.

Aeson
02-25-2014, 05:57 AM

Very long time lurker, hadn't seen anyone post this setlist yet so thought I'd throw it on here for people that would appreciate it. Everyone needs to make a first post at some point :)

Lerxto
02-25-2014, 05:59 AM
It's BYIT, not TLBTB.
Edited just before you quoted me :)

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Very long time lurker, hadn't seen anyone post this setlist yet so thought I'd throw it on here for people that would appreciate it. Everyone needs to make a first post at some point :)

Hi, didn't mean to be snippy.

I was mostly remarking on the fact that one wonders how a big enough fan, resourceful enough to score a setlist, would not have bit more history here. Despite my general blabbering about the setlist and sense of entitlement, I do appreciate you posting. Welcome to ETS.

Volband
02-25-2014, 06:01 AM
I thought TR said they were playing more "electronic and aggressive" bits that they haven't played in a while? That set list doesn't really fit that description. This set reads like a "best of" NIN with BYIT thrown in for the hell of it. And "Disappointed" thrown in, presumably, because that is what TR wants the audience to be for a few minutes.

Then again, we are judging a tour by its first date, and that is never a good idea, especially for NIN.
I sure hope they have production for Disappointing, cuz that song can't stand it's own in a live setting without it. You might enjoy laing back, listening to the overly-minimalist album version, giving you a sense of something, but it'd just suck live without cool effects. If Trent want to jam for 3 minutes, then put a Ghost track in there, at least it'd be refreshing.

Aeson
02-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Hi, didn't mean to be snippy.

I was mostly remarking on the fact that one wonders how a big enough fan, resourceful enough to score a setlist, would not have bit more history here. Despite my general blabbering about the setlist and sense of entitlement, I do appreciate you posting. Welcome to ETS.

No offence taken. I'm actually going to the shows in Sydney and Newcastle next week so I was keeping an eye on twitter and instagram for setlist updates when this popped up. There's a few clips on instagram from the show that seem to support this setlist so I presume it's legit.

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Where are said clips?

WorzelG
02-25-2014, 06:18 AM

I couldn't disagree more about Disappointed, I think it comes across as a bit flat in an arena setting where the music isn't loud enough but think it could be great in a club where everyone is, you know, dancing rather than just standing thereand the music is really all encompassing. It's one of my favourite songs on HM.

I wonder how they're going to do All Time Low?

I really hope that they find some way of translating while I'm still here / black noise for the Europe shows, I want to hear Trent play the sax

icklekitty
02-25-2014, 06:21 AM
The setlist actually got me quite excited. Also fuck the light show, if they play this at one of my gigs I'm spending the whole thing with my eyes closed.

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 06:22 AM
Is that Ilan with a bass? (Could be Ally, hard to tell).

http://instagram.com/p/k1r33NFKlf/#

fillow
02-25-2014, 06:25 AM
http://img-cdn.jg.jugem.jp/54c/14971/20140225_702255.jpg
Small pic of Me I'm Not, found while browsing japanese twitter posts

hani
02-25-2014, 06:26 AM
>more electronic and aggressive
>only, thtf, hlah, hurt
>only 2 songs from yz
>no songs from tf

>wat

Aeson
02-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Copy of A (with Ilan on guitar):
http://instagram.com/p/k1l9X1DurY/
http://instagram.com/p/k1lSBOjuqz/

Reptile:
http://instagram.com/p/k1kSccjuqG/
http://instagram.com/p/k1sEcRpec7/

icklekitty
02-25-2014, 06:29 AM
I want to hear Trent play the sax

Dare you to bring one to the Birmingham show. It worked *really* well when we all brought tambourines to Wolverhampton in 2007.

(it totally didn't)

WorzelG
02-25-2014, 06:31 AM
I don't get why people think some tiny venue warm up shows are indicative of an entire tour. I'm just glad stuff from the last album is able to be played, I was worried he might scale back on that. I actually would like to hear Closer and more stuff from the fragile definitely

nowimdowninit
02-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Copy of A (with Ilan on guitar):
http://instagram.com/p/k1l9X1DurY/
http://instagram.com/p/k1lSBOjuqz/

Reptile:
http://instagram.com/p/k1kSccjuqG/
http://instagram.com/p/k1sEcRpec7/

Cool. Both songs sound great in this config. Nice. Thanks.

sore_and_crucified
02-25-2014, 06:33 AM
...At some point in the tour, would a ton of Fragile tracks dropped into a set list not coincide with the re-release of this 'deluxe' Fragile? Sounds like good promotion to me.

sick among the pure
02-25-2014, 06:38 AM
Ilan playing the guitar for Copy of A, like he did at the Grammys, interesting. I would have thought Trent would put Ally on "all synth stuff" for that song (since the bass sounds fine as synth and not live), had Robin go back to playing guitar for that instead of synth, and had Ilan on drums. Still, sounds good, glad it's still in the setlist.

Volband
02-25-2014, 06:41 AM
...At some point in the tour, would a ton of Fragile tracks dropped into a set list not coincide with the re-release of this 'deluxe' Fragile? Sounds like good promotion to me.
Like it needs the promotion, lol. Sure, it could be one more way for Trent to fuck some fans up, but I hope he had enough for this year.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be good promotion. Why would anyone buy the deluxe just becase he played NYD or WITT or something? These songs are out for 15 years. The deluxe edition only needs actual (new) content.

botley
02-25-2014, 06:48 AM
In This Thread: Experts

butter_hole
02-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Bunch of whiney ass pussies in this thread oh my lord

sore_and_crucified
02-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Are you saying the same set of fans that like The Fragile are also fans of Hesitation Marks and vice versa Volband? I think you will find there is a new audience now, especially on the back of things like Social Network and Dragon Tattoo scores, The Grammy's etc etc.

simonn
02-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Thought he'd given up on Gave Up, but no. Glad to see BYIT, Me I'm Not in the setlist, and still a reasonable amount of songs from HM. Wonder if Trents had another last minute change of heart about what to play on the tour - but as people have said, no indication that this setlist will be the basis of the next few months tour dates - get more of an idea in a couple of weeks and a decent amount of shows have been played. Also, don't forget that we know they'd been rehearsing Letting You. Actually, just realised nothing off The Slip either. 1,000,000 has disappeared.

Papagolash
02-25-2014, 07:32 AM
Jesus christ people, calm your tits. This was the 1st show, 1st! There has been 1 show! They're playing the same venue 3 times, you don't think the setlist is going to vary like a motherfucker? Plus being the 1st show I wouldn't be surprised if they played what they have really really nailed down, and possibly played some safety songs. Remember The Good Soldier being played on the 1st festival show, only to never be played again? They played a show, they know what they can do, they know what they need to practice on more, they have the confidence that they can play a show as the way the band is arranged now, tomorrow is going to have a vastly different setlist, and the show after that even more.

pukkelpop
02-25-2014, 07:59 AM
Dayem, i'm so tired of Gave Up, Piggy and THTF....

hani
02-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Jesus christ people, calm your tits. This was the 1st show, 1st! There has been 1 show! They're playing the same venue 3 times, you don't think the setlist is going to vary like a motherfucker? Plus being the 1st show I wouldn't be surprised if they played what they have really really nailed down, and possibly played some safety songs.

but can't we like just discuss the stuff? as you said, it's the 1st show, people are now reviewing their expectations. no one here is overly dramatic or really pissed off from what I've seen, so you should calm your own tits and let people talk since this is a forum by the way.

you can repost your stuff when people start writing FUCK TR, MAN, NO CLOSER? NO TPD???? THIS IS BULLSHIT or sth like that

fillow
02-25-2014, 09:22 AM
We have to start a page somewhere (googledoc, ninwiki, etc) and describe who plays what on which song. Actually for 2013 festivals and Tension tours as well.

head_lice
02-25-2014, 09:25 AM
He kept All Time Low. All is right in the world again. This also ups the chance of Satellite reappearing in future shows.
*cough* Trent *cough*

Volband
02-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Are you saying the same set of fans that like The Fragile are also fans of Hesitation Marks and vice versa Volband? I think you will find there is a new audience now, especially on the back of things like Social Network and Dragon Tattoo scores, The Grammy's etc etc.
No, I'm saying that playing 15 years old songs live won't convince anyone to buy the re-issue.

but can't we like just discuss the stuff? as you said, it's the 1st show, people are now reviewing their expectations. no one here is overly dramatic or really pissed off from what I've seen, so you should calm your own tits and let people talk since this is a forum by the way.

you can repost your stuff when people start writing FUCK TR, MAN, NO CLOSER? NO TPD???? THIS IS BULLSHIT or sth like that
You nailed it. No one gone mad, so it's funny how the "defend NIN at all cost" group made an appearance. Everyone's aware that we need to wait at least until the 3rd Tokyo show and then we can start with the serious whining if we feel so.

FULLMETAL
02-25-2014, 09:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nMAot8a.jpg

Should have said, "Hand Covers Bruise" is missing before BYIT.

Corona Radiata
02-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Did they play all of WIWC like during the festivals or just a snippet?

billpulsipher
02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
I guess THTF and Only will be there for eternity

witte
02-25-2014, 10:38 AM
more electronics, more loud and heavy stuff.....
come one. what is this?
the same story again. the same songs again

time for htda to start again inclusive a tour.

ryanmcfly
02-25-2014, 11:59 AM
People, it's just the first show. They can't play all the surprises this early!

simonn
02-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Not sure why, but "What If We Could" is missing before BYIT.

First I've heard of it, but hope that's true, love that song!

Javra
02-25-2014, 12:37 PM
Wow, If this is what we can expect from the rest of the tour I'm a little bit disappointed.

Less production then the Festival tour (I knew it was going to be a more "stripped down" version but I expected at least a few visuals / screen of some sort)
4 members but no sign of "let's rework nin", seems just like "let's put more things on tape"
19 Songs ? No production but still 6 less song then the average US show.

If I was to throw a random guess in there I'd say it seems like they didn't have time to rehearse new things / work on a production maybe in part because of the Gone Girl soundtrack.

I'm really happy that Beside You In Time is back, it's a killer song and I'm still blown away by the BYIT version, and I hope they'll play it when I see them
But seriously, I hope this was a warm up gig of some kind

icecream
02-25-2014, 01:25 PM
I guess Ally played bass on Piggy and Sanctified, or was it synths?

LOVEANDZOMBIES
02-25-2014, 01:30 PM
A few pics here.. (with lame watermarks). http://www.creativeman.co.jp/blog/21996/

Kyle
02-25-2014, 01:40 PM
A few pics here.. (with lame watermarks). http://www.creativeman.co.jp/blog/21996/

But how creative are you really if you can't come up with a better name than Creativeman.

BRoswell
02-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Whining about a concert that apparently nobody here actually attended. We've truly reached...*puts on sunglasses*...an All Time Low.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Whining about a concert that apparently nobody here actually attended. We've truly reached...*puts on sunglasses*...an All Time Low.
But but but — that’s why we’re here! :p

ManBurning
02-25-2014, 02:22 PM
And "Disappointed" thrown in, presumably, because that is what TR wants the audience to be for a few minutes.

I'm sorry but this quote is too genius to just give it a "link" it needs a post quote!

But really, not to beat a dead horse (AKA: say what's already been said)... But this is a rather short and for lack of a better term, disappointing setlist.
That setlist is almost identical to the Lollapalooza set, with maybe the exception of BYIT, everything else there was played on the 2013 festival run. The festivals were even around 19-20 songs. This is supposed to be a NIN headlining show, not a festival where time is limited and they only have a small time block to finish their songs. I'm curious at least, why the set is so short.

It's always nice to start a setlist discussion when a new tour starts, so I guess let's just be patient and see what happens tonight and tomorrow with the other 2 shows. He knows better than to play the exact same set 3 nights in a row. Just how drastically changed up it will be is unknown, there there is no way tonight is getting the same set with 1 or 2 songs replaced.

It's just an opening show setlist, judging from the tension show, some of the better songs started appearing near the end of the tour. All the love in the world anyone? Which will probably never show up again without the 8 piece, glad I caught that when I did. Biggest live NIN surprise ever.

WorzelG
02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry but this quote is too genius to just give it a "link" it needs a post quote!

But really, not to beat a dead horse (AKA: say what's already been said)... But this is a rather short and for lack of a better term, disappointing setlist.
I wonder if Studio Coast has some weird curfew - given, according to the actual show thread, it finished at 9pm!

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't look at the setlists or worry about them given that each tour leg is supposed to be different, but here I am.

ManBurning
02-25-2014, 03:11 PM
I wonder if Studio Coast has some weird curfew - given, according to the actual show thread, it finished at 9pm!

Anyway, I promised myself I wouldn't look at the setlists or worry about them given that each tour leg is supposed to be different, but here I am.

I KNOW! I saw that it ended at 9pm, my jaw dropped to the floor. The headlining act usually isn't even on by 9pm let alone finished, hah.

But you know how it is... I told msyelf the same thing when Tension started. Not looking at a setlist to a NIN show is IMPOSSIBLE.

telee.kom
02-25-2014, 03:35 PM
If I was to throw a random guess in there I'd say it seems like they didn't have time to rehearse new things / work on a production maybe in part because of the Gone Girl soundtrack.

When I read that recent interview with Trent I thought the exact same thing, where do you take time to rehearse all of this? Well I guess we will hear some new songs later on

Volband
02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
We've been talking about the setilist, not the concert itself, but besides your main point you got everything else right.

Nice try though, ou should print screen it and send it to Trent himself, he might appreciate the effort.

m15a
02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm also bored by the setlist. Couldn't they print it out on colored paper or use a more interesting font?

EDIT: Thought of a productive thing to say - About the shortness of the concert, it might be that these Japan shows were thought of more like leading up to the Australia/New Zealand shows. I'm guessing those shows, like the NIN/JA tour, will also be relatively short since it's split with QOTSA.

Kyle
02-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Comic Sans

Aeson
02-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Not sure why, but "What If We Could" is missing before BYIT.

Apparently it was the live debut of Hand Covers Bruise (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/shinkiba-studio-coast-tokyo-japan-73c542cd.html).

WorzelG
02-25-2014, 04:15 PM
^^Oh my God, that would be amazing!

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-25-2014, 04:17 PM
But really, not to beat a dead horse
The horse has been beat so much it whimpers every time someone says “setlist.” (And that’s a good trick for a horse that’s DEAD.)

Absent someone who actually knows how long a show typically runs there — or any circumstances that might’ve cut this one shorter than the usual — we should limit ourselves to bitching about the song selection.

The horse just quivered again.

WorzelG
02-25-2014, 04:19 PM
I guess THTF and Only will be there for eternity

Got to admit, I could handle THTF not being played - with Only, I just prefer the album version to all live versions I've heard, if they did some electronic rejigging of it, it may end up cool (I suppose the same could be said of THTF)

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-25-2014, 04:30 PM
If those short instragram clips are representative, it sounds like they’re messing with the songs, if not so much the setlist.

Makes sense that TR would take advantage of Ilan’s multi-instrumental abilities — I wonder why he waited so long.

Volband
02-25-2014, 04:35 PM
THTF is the HLAH for the new-era, so you might as well complain for the latter.

Only is (usually) overplayed on regular tours ('cept Tension), but would be a fine song to rotate instead of ejecting entirely. The album version of Only is one of the most boring NIN-experience for me. I always imagine a bored monkey playing those drums with a "yea, whatever, I'm paid for this shit, so shut up" face.

By the way, pro-tip: maybe don't cancel your summer shows, but schedule your earlier ones later, so you not only not fuck up some of your fans, but you'll also have more time to rehearse. Well, soon enough we'll know if they could rehearse properly or not.

Volband
02-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Makes sense that TR would take advantage of Ilan’s multi-instrumental abilities — I wonder why he waited so long.
Giving a guitar for example to your drummer needs some serious planning. Playing a song with 1 guitar instead of 2 is a much more subtle change than playing a song without drums.

That being said, he started experimenting with the "fuck drums" during Perf.2007

Corona Radiata
02-25-2014, 04:48 PM
When are the japs gonna upload some youtube videos?

jessamineny
02-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Someone I know just confirmed that it was indeed "Hand Covers Bruise" played (was not on the hard copy of the setlist pictured earlier)

GibbonBlack
02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
When are the japs gonna upload some youtube videos?

pssssst, some might find that a tad offensive.

Corona Radiata
02-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Just an abbreviation my friend. No offense meant. Chill.

FULLMETAL
02-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes! I was debating if it was "Hand Covers Bruise" or "What If We Could" and I went with the latter by mistake. Thanks for the confirmation!!

Kyle
02-25-2014, 06:18 PM

Seriously?

Corona Radiata
02-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Seriously?

Seriously.

RJK
02-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Did anyone record Alessandro's set from last night?

m15a
02-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Maybe you should edit your post so it matches your intention to be inoffensive. (EDIT: I don't mean that in an accusatory way, but no harm in fixing the post.)

icecream
02-25-2014, 09:45 PM
But you do know that it is a derogatory term, right? No excuse for being a racist jerk, just type it out.

nooneimportant
02-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Saw some of the videos in the Tokyo event thread on the Tour Journal. I'm digging it but this is only Day 1. Here's hoping with a more electronic emphasis, we can get The Becoming complete with Robot Jox sample in all it's disturbing glory.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-26-2014, 01:01 AM
Saw some of the videos in the Tokyo event thread on the Tour Journal.
Wow, the audio on those videos is amazing.

http://youtu.be/3eesZah11uU

Sounds like Robin’s guitar on Wish is going through the same “circular” effect (for want of a better word) they used for the bridge in In Two. With only two guitars — I wonder when’s the last time that ever happened? — I guess you can give it more texture. Might even be necessary.

simonn
02-26-2014, 01:27 AM
Wow, the audio on those videos is amazing.

http://youtu.be/3eesZah11uU

Sounds like Robin’s guitar on Wish is going through the same “circular” effect (for want of a better word) they used for the bridge in In Two. With only two guitars — I wonder when’s the last time that ever happened? — I guess you can give it more texture. Might even be necessary.

Where's Ally in that video? I see his keyboard bank, but no Ally, and no bass is required on that song. Are NIN turning into Rush?:confused:

BRoswell
02-26-2014, 01:35 AM
God, Japanese crowds are just so INTO IT. I wish American crowds could conjure up the same enthusiasm.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Where's Ally in that video? I see his keyboard bank, but no Ally, and no bass is required on that song. Are NIN turning into Rush?:confused:
You’re right. No synths, just the background noise that’s probably run by the sound guy.

And on second listen, I’m thinking the cycling effect is actually applied to the noise rather than the guitar(s). Makes me wonder if it’s alway been like that, and I’m just hearing stuff normally covered up by the Wall of Guitar.™

Fist Fuck
02-26-2014, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRtreAr65NU

Hand Covers Bruise / Beside You In Time

Sweet. At least now there's a live debut in the set, which instantly makes the set 17,8% better.

BRoswell
02-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Wow. Love how it transitions into Beside You In Time.

simonn
02-26-2014, 02:11 AM
pssssst, some might find that a tad offensive.

Do you get offended by the term 'Brit'? Thought not. PC gone crazy.

eversonpoe
02-26-2014, 02:55 AM
Do you get offended by the term 'Brit'? Thought not. PC gone crazy.

that's because british people are mostly white, un-oppressed, and the abbreviation has no deeper meaning than being a quicker way to say "british person."

the word that was used is a derogatory slur against japanese people, which, if i remember correctly, came into common usage during world war II, when japanese americans were being discriminated against heavily, and, you know, put into camps.

Corona Radiata
02-26-2014, 03:13 AM
Once again, no offense meant. It's not like I said "upload the youtube videos you damn japs". I sincerely meant it as an abbreviation and hope the thread doesn't get derailed by it.

I'm off to watch the HCB/BYIT video. I expect greatness.

martin_b
02-26-2014, 03:19 AM
I like the way how HCB is transformed into BYIT. I think that HCB will replace "WIWC?" as the soundtrack-related-song in 2014. And man... this bass - it sounds incredibly awesome!

PS. I'm looking for Grammy rehearsals audio (NIN+QOTSA) ripped from the original source... A PM with a link would be great. :-)

dominik
02-26-2014, 03:34 AM
They just posted a picture on Instagram with some tapes.. one has "Vessel" written on it.

Corona Radiata
02-26-2014, 03:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVu8mMDBe0

LOVEANDZOMBIES
02-26-2014, 03:44 AM
http://instagram.com/p/k364qFjqn7/

LOVEANDZOMBIES
02-26-2014, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl3u3AGnbpY

Emil Dorbell
02-26-2014, 03:47 AM
Hand Covers Bruise / Beside You In Time

Sweet. At least now there's a live debut in the set, which instantly makes the set 17,8% better.

You got my bumps all goosy.

blitzkrieg
02-26-2014, 04:28 AM
It seems that someone heard Hand Covers Bruise...
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/shinkiba-studio-coast-tokyo-japan-73c542cd.html
Strange...

[Mod note: Please don't post in Tour Journals, unless you attended the show]

fillow
02-26-2014, 04:54 AM
Did Hand Covers Bruise sounded totally pre-recorded to anyone else?
I mean, I didn't hear a slightest difference from studio version and no band member can be seen on stage in that video.

Fist Fuck
02-26-2014, 05:00 AM
Did Hand Covers Bruise sounded totally pre-recorded to anyone else?
I mean, I didn't hear a slightest difference from studio version and no band member can be seen on stage in that video.

Parts of it certainly were pre-recorded, I don't think that's a secret. My guess is that the band uses it as a little break in the middle of the set, like when they played A Warm Place at the Tension tour. I'm sure there's one band member on stage playing the piano parts, though. If not Ally, then maybe Ilan?

David Prado
02-26-2014, 05:56 AM
----Tokyo 2 ----

Somewhat damaged

Survivalism
Vessel
The Becoming
Wish
Head like a hole

nooneimportant
02-26-2014, 05:57 AM
Vessel? The Becoming?!

YES.

David Prado
02-26-2014, 06:03 AM
+
ICE AGE (how to destroy angels) Mariqueen on vocals of course.
+
The fragile??

Kyle
02-26-2014, 06:07 AM
+
ICE AGE (how to destroy angels) Mariqueen on vocals of course.
+
The fragile??

Wait what ???

Aeson
02-26-2014, 06:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/k1NqjHg.png

David Prado
Wait what ???

http://instagram.com/p/k4P1cNkjqm/#

fillow
Uh-oh, HTDA songs are gonna split ETS right in two.

nooneimportant
02-26-2014, 06:16 AM

Well that escalated quickly.

sick among the pure
02-26-2014, 06:18 AM
So much for keeping NIN and HTDA separate, Trent...
Please note that I'm not complaining, I went to see HTDA live myself, and BBB is probably my fav song off any of their releases.

Kyle
02-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Ghosts is back!

nooneimportant
02-26-2014, 06:20 AM
So much for keeping NIN and HTDA separate, Trent...
Please note that I'm not complaining, I went to see HTDA live myself, and BBB is probably my fav song off any of their releases.

I thought it was really inevitable that he would do something like this. I don't hate him for it and think it's pretty cool since HTDA is out of touring for awhile, so Japan got a massive treat.

Lerxto
02-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Ghosts is back!
And HM disappeared.

RJK
02-26-2014, 06:21 AM
Wow I was surprised but someone posted a picture of Q on stage with NIN on twitter. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/26/ynudagyt.jpg

botley
02-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Welp looks like I gotta cover HTDA eventually on ninsongs once that gets going again.

Fist Fuck
02-26-2014, 07:07 AM
more electronics, more loud and heavy stuff.....
come one. what is this?
the same story again. the same songs again

time for htda to start again inclusive a tour.

http://instagram.com/p/k4QqnNEKCD/ ;)

simonn
02-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Holy hell, didn't see that coming - hopefully not a regular occurence, but a special moment nonetheless. Much as I love the majority of HTDA's output, to meit feels like it'd dilute the NIN-ness of a gig - unless they played something like Space In Between/Drowning/Loop Closes, which to me could be NIN songs.

To react to the facepalms about Brit/Jap - yes, my historical ignorance betrays me on that point, so I can see why people may choose to take offense at the comment made, though it's clear that it was just an abbreviation. I'll bear Nicko McBrain/Idi Amin's famous quote in mind in future - don't meddle with things you don't understand.

icklekitty
02-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Imagine a Satellite - Vessel - All Time Low sandwich. I'd even want to hear Closer with that.

I am not so into the HTDA involvement.

RJK
02-26-2014, 07:12 AM
I can see them doing a few HTDA songs while doing the overseas tours because there is almost no chance of these countries getting a HTDA tour. I don't see them doing this in the States.

As a side note NIN has now "covered" songs off of The Social Network, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, How to Destroy Angels (self titled) and Welcome Oblivion.

sore_and_crucified
02-26-2014, 07:13 AM
That is a fab looking set-list, nice and different from the 1st night. I hope a few HTDA songs appear (with MQ) on the UK leg of the tour. Along with some more Fragile tracks. It will be perfect then for me!!!

TheBang
02-26-2014, 07:13 AM
ETS reactions.

Night 1: http://community.babycenter.com/js/tinymce_3_5_6/plugins/smileys/img/smiley-yawn.gif
Night 2: http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/jawdrop.gif
Night 3: ???

sick among the pure
02-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Imagine a Satellite - Vessel
That's all I need right there, lol. Satellite is one of my 2 fav songs from HM, and Vessel is just amazing live. When you consider how YZ-esque Satellite is, I'd love to hear it stuck in with some YZ tracks.

r_k_f
02-26-2014, 07:23 AM
I for one am quite happy to see some HTDA in there... just as much, or maybe more than seeing a little block of Gary Numan, Saul Williams or Peter Murphy when they popped into a few shows. makes even more sense actually.

Papagolash
02-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Fuck yea 31 Ghost IV is back, fucking LOVE that one!

Anne.
02-26-2014, 07:27 AM
It would be great if Trent and Q decide to play HTDA songs at European shows. Lucky Japanese, hope you taped it :)

FULLMETAL
02-26-2014, 07:36 AM

Ghosts & HTDA was very unexpected and a welcome delight. Alas, TBOTE was not played.

fillow
02-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Where's billpulsipher when you need him?

Seriously tho, Q looks much hotter in that dress than in Coachella stream.

r_k_f
02-26-2014, 07:45 AM
It seems that someone heard Hand Covers Bruise...
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/shinkiba-studio-coast-tokyo-japan-73c542cd.html
Strange... sandwiched between Reptile & BYIT.. sounds awesome.

r_k_f
02-26-2014, 07:46 AM
my post above was moved here saying basically the same thing..

nowimdowninit
02-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Okay, so night #2 way improved! Nice!

Also, thanks Corona Radiata: The lineup sounds tight. I like Ilan on bass for "Sanctified." Sounds stripped down, but also streamlined, which is a good feel for NIN.

r_k_f
02-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Okay, so night #2 way improved! Nice!

Also, thanks @Corona Radiata (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3880): The lineup sounds tight. I like Ilan on bass for "Sanctified." Sounds stripped down, but also streamlined, which is a good feel for NIN. yeah, another slightly different bass line... I like it.

k258
02-26-2014, 08:41 AM
What a kick-ass set list! I don't think I've ever seen one that rocked as hard. And then a little Q icing on top. What a night. By the time the tour grinds it's way back to the US, this cool moment will be long past. I hope they have something left. Or at least lots of video!

botley
02-26-2014, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVu8mMDBe0
My favourite part of this recording (by FAR) is when a guy standing next to the recorder yells "PLAY SOMETHING WE CAN DANCE TO!" and like a fucking jukebox they bust right into the opening of "Only" :D

Too bad Ilan's bass stopped working halfway through :(

fillow
02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
So, Somewhat Damaged is still with beeping intro?

pukkelpop
02-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Fuck yea 31 Ghost IV is back, fucking LOVE that one!
Me too, most of all with the LITS visuals it was kinda perfect.

pukkelpop
02-26-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm staying with my point (yea, everyone has a fuckin' opinion these days): Nin should drastically change the setlists, and play for at least a year NEW songs, and less played songs..
We all know Hurt, THTF, Survivalism, Gave Up,... bring a certain dynamic but it's becoming the engine of an oldtimer, imo.
The building up of the shows is still fresh and new. No one does it better than TR.
And this is the flip-side of being one of the best acts on the planet: the fans are creepy critics.

Inkë
02-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Wah. I completely forgot they began touring yesterday. Setlists are really great, as usual. Can't wait for Paris :D

billpulsipher
02-26-2014, 10:23 AM
at least Rob didn't come out and play keyboards....I mean play "lights"

LustLain
02-26-2014, 10:29 AM
ETS reactions.

Night 1: http://community.babycenter.com/js/tinymce_3_5_6/plugins/smileys/img/smiley-yawn.gif
Night 2: http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/jawdrop.gif
Night 3: ???

I'm very curious what they've got in store for the 28th... especially since I'll be attending that one.

Although I'm a little disappointed that they didn't save the How To Destroy Angels material for "Tokyo3".... ;)

sick among the pure
02-26-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm very curious what they've got in store for the 28th... especially since I'll be attending that one.

Although I'm a little disappointed that they didn't save the How To Destroy Angels material for "Tokyo3".... ;)

They're saving TPD for night 3.

r_k_f
02-26-2014, 11:05 AM
at least Rob didn't come out and play keyboards....I mean play "lights" are you insinuating that Robs light game is not top notch? cause that light show on that tour kicked ass and props to him being up there controlling it rather than in some obscure nook.

gorast
02-26-2014, 11:15 AM
It's almost like Trent saw people bitching about the setlist, tore up whatever he had for night two, and was like "LET'S SEE HOW THOSE FUCKWADS LIKE THIS ONE"

I, for one, am very angry that I don't live in Japan right now.

Kyle
02-26-2014, 11:27 AM
at least Rob didn't come out and play keyboards....I mean play "lights"

Bill we've been waiting for your angry post here and this is all we get? I'm disappointed.

BRoswell
02-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Billy Boy is losing his edge.

So jealous of those fans in Japan. Trent is spoiling them rotten. :p

Kyle
02-26-2014, 11:51 AM

So what's with the FX, pads, etc.? Whose setlist is this? Ilan?

WorzelG
02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Does that say Pino next to the Frail / the wretched??

sick among the pure
02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Does that say Pino next to the Frail / the wretched??
Piano. ​ten characters

fillow
02-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Looks like TR's setlist to me. FX are songs where he plays synth/programming/noisy electronic solos, and pads for BBB make sense as well.

Kyle
02-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Looks like TR's setlist to me. FX are songs where he plays synth/programming/noisy electronic solos, and pads for BBB make sense as well.

That makes sense. I didn't even look at what song(s) had "pads" next to it.

tricil
02-26-2014, 01:04 PM
That makes sense. I didn't even look at what song(s) had "pads" next to it.

The brackets on the left are guitars and guitar changes

hani
02-26-2014, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__5_o78HruM

can we discuss how AWESOME All Time Low sounds now???

hani
02-26-2014, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/518MT/videos

this guy has some nice quality videos from last night btw

icecream
02-26-2014, 01:48 PM
Billy Boy is losing his edge.
What happened to the Bill of 2013? I hate this new Don Henley version of Bill!

m15a
02-26-2014, 01:55 PM

now *that's* an interesting setlist.

distressed paper, free-hand inking, . . . ;)

It's almost like Trent saw people bitching about the setlist, tore up whatever he had for night two, and was like "LET'S SEE HOW THOSE FUCKWADS LIKE THIS ONE"

oh, god. don't even suggest that the performance choices are thanks to people whining on here. certain people on here think too highly of their opinions as is...

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-26-2014, 02:19 PM
oh, god. don't even suggest that the performance choices are thanks to people whining on here.
I know, but … I can totally picture TR chuckling right now. “How disappointed are you now, assholes?”

botley
02-26-2014, 02:39 PM
"FX" indicates the mic stand-mounted vocal effect trigger.

jessamineny
02-26-2014, 02:49 PM
So what's with the FX, pads, etc.? Whose setlist is this? Ilan?

It looks like the setlists that belong to TR's mic tech

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Alessandro was definitely playing on Wish this time — I really like the stuff he added at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDD6L2II74

Volband
02-26-2014, 03:04 PM
YES. SIN WITH MQ IS TOTALLY COMING. I TOTALLY TOLD YOU, FOOLS. YES. ... YES!!!

Decent setlist btw, welcome back Ghosts, hello Vessel. Still not much Fragile, especially not surprise choices from it, but hey, everything might be OK later on.

Gave Up might be a staple again? Yes please. Piggy might be an immovable object again? Please no. Reptile? Absolutely yes. Terrible Lie? Hell yes.

Let's wait and see for night 3. The first night was about BYIT, then all of a sudden Ghosts return, MQ arrives, and HM is completely ejected, so if it keeps escalating this way, we might... no, nevermind.

Kyle
02-26-2014, 03:08 PM
He's saving Fragile tracks for the complete beginning to end Fragile on the last night.

Volband
02-26-2014, 03:11 PM
WHAT THE FUCK, GAVE UP HAS NO RED-BLUE LIGHTS. WHAT IS THIS. HOLY SHIT

He's saving Fragile tracks for the complete beginning to end Fragile on the last night.
Jesus pls!

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-26-2014, 03:20 PM
WHAT THE FUCK, GAVE UP HAS NO RED-BLUE LIGHTS. WHAT IS THIS. HOLY SHIT
Budget cuts.

TheRealNs1
02-26-2014, 04:12 PM
night 2 holy fuck.

Tumnayar
02-26-2014, 04:14 PM
I like that Wish version, added synths sound cool.

xolotl
02-26-2014, 04:27 PM
The two setlists so far certainly haven't been as "dramatic" a change as I'd been expecting, given TR's statements about Fragile and YZ, but given the time-limited festival type slots, TR's known predeliction for playing it "safe" at festivals, and the surprises that we've seen so far, these seem very exciting to me. I mean, hell, HTDA tracks! Awesome. I am quite eager for NIN to announce some more North American dates.

Ryan
02-26-2014, 04:41 PM
That's pretty sexy.

Night three needs to debut "And All That Could Have Been" in place of "Hurt" please Trent.

Starinc
02-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Ryan - Do you think this is close to what Sydney will get?

Maybe play it safe on the 1st Night when they open and then totally change it up the next night?

Ryan
02-26-2014, 04:51 PM
We can only hope...

That other guy
02-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Is it me or in some of the more electronic type songs , but does Robin look bored?

icecream
02-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Budget cuts.
Thanks, Obama

MechaFM
02-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Is it me or in some of the more electronic type songs , but does Robin look bored?

I think it depends on what footage you watch. Sometimes hes moving around and jumpy while playing the keyboard bits, sometimes hes just still and looks bored. (Like Copy of A at Reading)

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-26-2014, 08:33 PM
I think it depends on what footage you watch. Sometimes hes moving around and jumpy while playing the keyboard bits, sometimes hes just still and looks bored. (Like Copy of A at Reading)
Is he bored, or just less dynamic playing an instrument he can’t walk around with? Maybe he hasn’t mastered the Trent Reznor Keyboard Dance yet.

slave2thewage
02-26-2014, 08:40 PM
oh, god. don't even suggest that the performance choices are thanks to people whining on here. certain people on here think too highly of their opinions as is...

Well, it's happened before.

TheRealNs1
02-26-2014, 08:48 PM

see: Come Back Haunted during 2013 tours, first verse.

R-Dot-Yung
02-26-2014, 09:52 PM
I don't get it...Night 1 is just as good as Night 2, and neither are particularly crazy minus doing HTDA songs with M dawg.

I really had an amazing time at the Tensions shows I saw, however these kinds of gigs will always be better to me. Hope he does this routine in the states (at least NYC).

gorast
02-27-2014, 12:12 AM
M dawg

I'm never using any other name for Mariqueen ever again. M dawg for life.

What are the chances someone in Japan recorded audio of night 2? Negative numbers? I don't know how Japanese fans are about recording shows.

FernandoDante
02-27-2014, 12:18 AM
I've been avoiding setlist spoilers, but I noticed from the HTDA songs that there's no screen, and the light show is a little... basic?

What's the board consensus on that light show? Better or worse than 2009?

fillow
02-27-2014, 01:36 AM
What are the chances someone in Japan recorded audio of night 2? Negative numbers? I don't know how Japanese fans are about recording shows.

Chances are, sometime in half a year or so these shows will be sold on japanese bootleg websites, possibly on silver CDs (who the fuck press bootleg CD these days??), much like happened with some of 2000, '07 and '09 japanese shows.

TheBang
02-27-2014, 01:47 AM
So, Somewhat Damaged is still with beeping intro?

As it has been for every performance since 2006.

(who the fuck press bootleg CD these days??)
No one. They're all pretty much CD-r's these days. The Japan bootlegs usually show up within a month or two.

filmfanb
02-27-2014, 03:30 AM
Guys, sorry if this has been asked before...with the month between latin and europe will we get a similar band/set up to the asia australia tour ?

WorzelG
02-27-2014, 04:44 AM
Guys, sorry if this has been asked before...with the month between latin and europe will we get a similar band/set up to the asia australia tour ?
From what was said on the Zane Lowe show a while back, it seemed to me the setup for each leg of touring will be different, but in all honesty, I've no idea

howdidislipinto
02-27-2014, 05:35 AM

From what little I've seen, it definitely seems more colourful -- NINJA/Wave Goodbye were all white lights, right?

nooneimportant
02-27-2014, 05:59 AM

It's not a huge production like Tension, but it's still a very cool light experience like the Wave Goodbye tour.

From what little I've seen, it definitely seems more colourful -- NINJA/Wave Goodbye were all white lights, right?

Mostly white/yellowish lights yeah, except songs like La Mer or Reptile had colors.

tricil
02-27-2014, 09:28 AM
As it has been for every performance since 2006.

At Bowery, it started a capella without the beeps

Fangster_
02-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Bill we've been waiting for your angry post here and this is all we get? I'm disappointed.

Can I ask you something: what did you expect?

http://www.youtube.com/user/518MT/videos

this guy has some nice quality videos from last night btw

BLESS YOU

r_k_f
02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
I hope someone gets some Ally video....

Volband
02-28-2014, 03:35 AM
Oh man, I so want to believe in some big surprises today, that would make me believe in Trent's words again!

WorzelG
02-28-2014, 03:49 AM
Oh man, I so want to believe in some big surprises today, that would make me believe in Trent's words again!
Aww, he's a musician, not a political leader!

i discovered on nintourhistory that out of ten shows, I've only seen Something I can never have once, so I would like that to make a return in the UK

Aeson
02-28-2014, 06:44 AM
Tokyo night 3:

http://i.imgur.com/YydDHKC.png

tricil
02-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Tokyo night 3:

http://i.imgur.com/YydDHKC.png

Oh man oh man oh man!

Kyle
02-28-2014, 06:48 AM
The Great Destroyer!!

Aeson
02-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Nothing from The Fragile and no March of the Pigs either.

WorzelG
02-28-2014, 06:52 AM
^^^that setlist is a really nice mix (except for no fragile stuff), I really hope someone puts some YouTube footage of all time low and various methods (and disappointed in a club)

icklekitty
02-28-2014, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I'd be very happy with those three setlists at consecutive shows.

Also with all this "no Fragile" talk, I'd love it if they didn't play anything until the UK shows and then gave us We're In This Together twice in a row again.

/troll