PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

F-JD
11-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Got my tickets for Amsterdam :)

witte
11-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Amsterdam: smoothy :) As far I can see, I don't see the sense buying tickets at nin.com. Only the early entrance is positive. The price is the same as on ticket service. "BEST PRICE AND BEST SEAT" ha ha ha. HMH is all general admission.
Next friday: Ticket sale Antwerpen.
That's it.

maryelle
11-25-2013, 09:25 AM
^^That is true; if you don't care about rail, then no point in buying nin.com tix. Price is the same usually. And since there are no refunds or transfers, it's actually better to get regular tickets unless you want rail.

F-JD
11-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Service fees for Amsterdam are way higher than fees on the regular sale, but I went for it anyway.

maryelle
11-25-2013, 09:33 AM
OK see you all in Oslo-Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg!

I clicked on the Lux link after the "buy tickets" icon appeared and it told me they were on sale at 4:30 local time. Which it was. Took a couple of tries. I wouldn't want to have to take my blood pressure right now.

Ash512
11-25-2013, 09:35 AM
How come are the Paris tickets described as "Standing/Seated GA"? How exactly is the Zenith designed?

Kamelion
11-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Amsterdam tickets sorted. Our NIN 2014 trio is complete :). Roll on May!!

slave2thewage
11-25-2013, 09:40 AM
How come are the Paris tickets described as "Standing/Seated GA"? How exactly is the Zenith designed?
I'm assuming that means there are no assigned seats, so you just take your pick when you get inside.

FRDU
11-25-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm about to buy presale tickets and there's 3 different prices and "item type". General admission is one and the other twos are marked "reserved 102 & 114" and the other "reserved 103/104 & 112/113 which I, when looking at a map over the arena, can guess is different sections. But what's the "General admission"? The pit??

witte
11-25-2013, 09:52 AM
OK see you all in Oslo-Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg!
No London, no Amsterdam, no Antwerpen?
A pity...It'd be nice to meet you at last.

I'm doubting about Rockhall Esch sur Alzette: now I assume the show will be standard, I'm not intending to do more shows as I did in the past. I'm a little bit sick europe does not get what it deserves... Forgive me.

I'm about to buy presale tickets and there's 3 different prices and "item type". General admission is one and the other twos are marked "reserved 102 & 114" and the other "reserved 103/104 & 112/113 which I, when looking at a map over the arena, can guess is different sections. But what's the "General admission"? The pit??
What venue are you talking about?

maryelle
11-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Hey anyone know - between Norwegian and Danish, which one is easier to learn?

No London, no Amsterdam, no Antwerpen?
A pity...It'd be nice to meet you at last.

The timing is better for the other dates. I would have done three UK dates incl. London but I was too slow and didn't get presale. And I'd prefer to go to cities I haven't been to yet. You can always go to Germany!

dlb
11-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Yay! See you in Berlin aswell! I'll be there on my own by the looks of it so I'd be glad to catch up with some of you for drinks before the show! Go scared by the error page at first but a reload did the trick. ;)

Kinda surprised that tickets are under 50€ as I expected them to be more expensive. 2007 was over 50€.

Prague and Vienna are still an option for me but I will have to wait a bit for those to make early plans for those weekends. If anyone plans on going to these shows and travels through Munich, hit me up!

xolotl
11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey anyone know - between Norwegian and Danish, which one is easier to learn?

As an only-English-speaking American who recently visited both Norway and Denmark, my anecdotal experience is that I found Norwegian nearly impenetrable, and Danish slightly less so. So... slight advantage to Danish?

FRDU
11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Well this was the Riga arena but I just used this as an example since I'm waiting for the Helsinki presale to start in half an hour. I've never used this nin.com pre-sale so I have no idea how it works.. but I see that every other open pre-sale offers this "general admission" ?

maryelle
11-25-2013, 10:04 AM
As an only-English-speaking American who recently visited both Norway and Denmark, my anecdotal experience is that I found Norwegian nearly impenetrable, and Danish slightly less so. So... slight advantage to Danish?

Thanks; not that I'm planning to become fluent before May but I like to learn enough to get around before I go somewhere. Although I think everyone there speaks English too? I just don't like English to be the first words out of my mouth.

I can't believe I got all the tickets I wanted. Head still spinning.

Perdita
11-25-2013, 10:07 AM
I just bought my presale ticket for Luxemburg. Antwerp has no presale, so I'll have to wait until friday.
Very happy with the one I allready got! I'm going alone, so say hi to me if you see me :p.

rampface
11-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Before you diss Phil, remember TR was friends with him and was a big Pantera fan, and even let Phil record his vocals at Nothing Studios and had him sing a few songs with Tapeworm

My point being that they are two completely separate artists on either end of the spectrum. NIN is not just a traditional rock outfit. Trent is interested in all aspects of his brand including the presentation of his music. He wants you to live inside his art and not just blast songs in your face at high volume. As a fan of visual arts, I appreciate the level of care and quality and attention to detail Trent delivers with his live performances. He doesn't have to. He chooses to give his fans something more. An experience rather than a typical rock show. On top of that, he's paying for it himself! What other artist do you know that is equally as generous?

...oh, and I hate metal and southern pride, etc. So there's that....

xolotl
11-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Although I think everyone there speaks English too? I just don't like English to be the first words out of my mouth.
Yeah, it's mostly just signage which might pose problems. 'course I had been staying with "native" friends in both places, so it's possible I had an easier time of it.

icklekitty
11-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Scandinavians speak really good English - totally opposite attitude to foreigners of English/French people.

All tickets secured. Piece of piss.

maryelle
11-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Scandinavians speak really good English - totally opposite attitude to foreigners of English/French people.

All tickets secured. Piece of piss.

Which ones are you going to?

SarazenvonWolfenstein
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
ok got a ticket to Berlin show. now I guess my May schedule is complete :) I wonder if anyone ever made it out of that "waiting room" to anything else other than an error page. The waiting room thing popping up several times gave me a heart attack, but after 30 seconds at the edge of despair I could enter my data and everything was fine.I scored tickets for Bologna, Berlin, Luxembourg and Zurich and will get some for Prague later on.All that I wanted, easier than I thought.See you there, I'll be solo most of the time and in need of drinking companions :)

Scarlet Siren
11-25-2013, 12:36 PM
We got tickets for shows between Amsterdam and Katowice :D

konkelo
11-25-2013, 12:37 PM
One ticket to the Helsinki show is mine :o

Yelper
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
One ticket to the Helsinki show is mine :o

Do you know are the "general admission"-tickets standing/floor in Helsinki, 'cause Harwall Arena use numbered tickets for seating on all shows. I would like to buy a pre-sale ticket for "standing only".

Frydek
11-25-2013, 03:35 PM

I was quite surprised to see that as well. I've been to le Zenith quite a few times. It's set just like most venues I guess. Standing area in front of the stage, surrounded by rows of seats. But usually, you either get standing OR seated. Sometimes, seats are even numbered. This "Standing/Seated GA" looks weird to me. Got my ticket anyways :)

FernandoDante
11-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Sorry to barge into your Eurofestivities here, but Lollapalooza Chile just mentioned on their Facebook that NIN's South American tour will be inspired by Trent's ideas for a "stadium" show.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=747496438598598&set=a.202673703080877.60561.179259232088991&type=1

Has he given any hints other than "more electronic-focused" on Zane Lowe? First time I hear of this stadium business.

EDIT: well, so much for that
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/405157986928046080

SarazenvonWolfenstein
11-25-2013, 08:48 PM
If they really needed to cut back on band salaries, they could probably get Gail-Ann Dorsey. She plays groovy bass like Pino does, but can also wail like Lisa.

Great idea!I'd love to see her with NIN...she even has worn that J-P Witkin mask at shows before so she'd fit in just nicely...I'm all up for a revamped version of Closer anyway, it's about time!

sa_nick
11-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Gah, just read the Buzzfeed piece. Australia's getting the stripped down experience again. The last time I saw them was Soundwave 2009 and that was crazy scaled down too. Kinda disappointed.

Thaned
11-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Gah, just read the Buzzfeed piece. Australia's getting the stripped down experience again. The last time I saw them was Soundwave 2009 and that was crazy scaled down too. Kinda disappointed.

Agreed, I'm a bit bummed but at least we get QOTSA. I'm hoping we don't get something that's too similar to Soundwave 09 as that seemed like quite a cramped stage & it wasn't the most interesting light show.

Then again, I'm just happy to see them at all.

botley
11-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Great idea!I'd love to see her with NIN...she even has worn that J-P Witkin mask at shows before so she'd fit in just nicely...I'm all up for a revamped version of Closer anyway, it's about time!
Just saw that mask (and the rest of her outfit from the "Dead Man Walking" video) today at the Bowie V&A art exhibit. When they were on tour together in 1995, Gail played bass on the weird spacey duet version of "Hurt".

Kyle
11-26-2013, 12:17 AM
He didn't necessarily say stripped down. Just different.

konkelo
11-26-2013, 01:15 AM
Do you know are the "general admission"-tickets standing/floor in Helsinki, 'cause Harwall Arena use numbered tickets for seating on all shows. I would like to buy a pre-sale ticket for "standing only".
Yeah I guess so. I bought that too so I hope that it is :D

ManBurning
11-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Dammit, post tension 2013 depression is starting to sink in.

After weeks of reading setlist after setlist, and listening to the many awesome recordings this community has given us, and reading the various reviews, watching the youtube videos and looking at the photos of the shows, it's kind of bittersweet to have it all end now.

Man, I seriously need a Nine Inch Nails intervention or something. The older I get, the more obsessed with this band I get. Shouldn't it be the other way around??

Trent just seems to get better and better as time goes on. His shows get better, his voice gets better, the music gets more tighter. I hope he never quits touring. I cannot imagine a world without going to a Trent Reznor/NIN concert in some way, shape or form.

I'll even take a Trent on a piano tour when he's in his 60s. Please, never stop touring!

2014 cannot come soon enough, goddamn I hope when he says "See you soon" (at the end of the Calgary show) he actually does mean he will see us soon and not just saying that. I'm gonna let you Europeans experience this totally amazing incarantion of this band now, but I hope to high hell this isn't the end of NIN in North America before he goes on another 5 year hiatus. Please let that rumored US summer ampitheatre tour be true. I'm gonna take these next 8 months as an oppertunity to start saving so I can huck more $100 bills at this man next year!

ensanchecedor
11-26-2013, 03:25 AM
I don't know whether it's been commented or not, but it's been rumoured that Nine Inch Nails will be one of the headlining acts on Primavera Sound Festival in Barcelona (Spain) 29-31 May and Porto (Portugal) 5-7 June. It's not confirmed yet, but apparently it's done.

hani
11-26-2013, 04:08 AM

cool, hit me up when you come for the Katowice show, we should get a beer beforehand! got my tickets too, can't wait!

Digital Twilight
11-26-2013, 06:05 AM

My advice would be to look about staying in Krakow rather than Katowice if you're planning on spending anytime over there. It's OK but just a average city really however Krakow is beautiful. I think it takes about an hour and a half on the train from Krakow to Katowice. I saw Pearl Jam at the stadium there in 2007.

Scarlet Siren
11-26-2013, 06:17 AM
cool, hit me up when you come for the Katowice show, we should get a beer beforehand! got my tickets too, can't wait!

Let's do it! :D

My advice would be to look about staying in Krakow rather than Katowice if you're planning on spending anytime over there. It's OK but just a average city really however Krakow is beautiful. I think it takes about an hour and a half on the train from Krakow to Katowice. I saw Pearl Jam at the stadium there in 2007.

Thanks for the tip. I've heard lots of lovely about Krakow, I used to organise business trips their for my former boss. Never had the chance to visit myself.

If a date in Spain was announced I will be happy. Barcelona would suit me perfectly, Madrid would be great too.

ANNOUNCE A DATE IN SPAIN PLEASE! :mad:

Ash512
11-26-2013, 06:42 AM

ANNOUNCE A DATE IN SPAIN PLEASE! :mad:

Primavera Sound Festival on May 30-31. Most likely.

Scarlet Siren
11-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Primavera Sound Festival on May 30-31. Most likely.

Meh... I suppose. I'm not a fan of festivals tbh.

Digital Twilight
11-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Me and my friends are hoping for a Spanish Pearl Jam date next year, the crowds there are amazing!

Scarlet Siren
11-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Me and my friends are hoping for a Spanish Pearl Jam date next year, the crowds there are amazing!

I agree, Spanish crowds are amazing! :D I love Spanish people. I love Spain in general.

Digital Twilight
11-26-2013, 07:09 AM
I agree, Spanish crowds are amazing! :D I love Spanish people. I love Spain in general.

I've never been :(

nooneimportant
11-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Trent saying he wants to do a more electronic style set for the next shows makes me wonder...

You think he could he surprise us by playing Ringfinger or That's What I Get? I would seriously love that.

icklekitty
11-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Nine Inch Nails are touring Europe at the same time as Justin Timberlake and Robbie Williams.

I am partly imagining an outstanding God Given/Satellite, and partly imagining RW making TR cry from awesome.

witte
11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
03.01.2014 Pattaya, Thailand Silverlake Music Festival
www.silverlakemusicfest.com (http://www.silverlakemusicfest.com) 12.21 9:00am ICT

r_k_f
11-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Trent saying he wants to do a more electronic style set for the next shows makes me wonder...

You think he could he surprise us by playing Ringfinger or That's What I Get? I would seriously love that. I'd def. like to see Ringfinger 2014

pukkelpop
11-26-2013, 03:21 PM
03.01.2014 Pattaya, Thailand Silverlake Music Festival
www.silverlakemusicfest.com (http://www.silverlakemusicfest.com) 12.21 9:00am ICT
speaking of a bad timing..going in two weeks to thailand. dayem

hani
11-26-2013, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've heard lots of lovely about Krakow, I used to organise business trips their for my former boss. Never had the chance to visit myself.

that's true, Kraków is absolutely amazing, I go there every year to chill out, the city is really beautiful. for NIN gig I'm staying in Katowice though, there's a nice hotel very near Spodek that's not very expensive. you know, for my laziness' sake.

You think he could he surprise us by playing Ringfinger or That's What I Get? I would seriously love that.

yes! that and some additional electronic gems (Underneath it All, The Warning, The Four Of Us Are Dying)

GavinCollins420
11-26-2013, 05:32 PM
The Great Destroyer plz.

dominik
11-27-2013, 01:56 AM
can they please confirm Primavera already?

r_k_f
11-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Ugh... Is it 2014 yet?

icecream
11-28-2013, 02:34 PM

That would be awesome, some updated PHM songs like Sanctified was

Scarlet Siren
11-28-2013, 09:10 PM
There will be a February 2014 date in japan announced in the not too distant future...

martin_b
11-29-2013, 04:05 AM
that's true, Kraków is absolutely amazing, I go there every year to chill out, the city is really beautiful. for NIN gig I'm staying in Katowice though, there's a nice hotel very near Spodek that's not very expensive. you know, for my laziness' sake.

Well, if @Scarlet Siren (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2217) will have one day extra, then Zakopane is also a great option for standing by. :-)

Ohhh, and BTW: here is the plan of Spodek in Katowice:

http://nin.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/spodektryb.gif

And the best part is that the nin.com pre-sale tickets are the "SEKTOR 1" tickets. :-)

icklekitty
11-29-2013, 05:45 AM
It takes a special kind of genius to decide the best time to sell your world tour is 4-6 weeks before Christmas.

dlb
11-29-2013, 01:33 PM
So we can assume that Europe is covered and no dates will be added?

Would love to catch another show more convinient for me to reach.

Scarlet Siren
11-30-2013, 11:06 AM
I think there will be another announcement...

moka
11-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Another fan checking in for the Katowice show! :D Prices of the tickets (both presale and regular) are a blatant rip-off, but still I'm happy NIN is coming to Poland at all.

Definitely do consider Krakow - it's really lovely - but do not bother with the railway, which tends to be late at its best and otherwise utterly dysfunctional. There's a private bus operator (polskibus dot com) - tickets are cheap, can be booked in advance, and the fleet is modern and comfortable. And the trip takes 1:15 h (vs 2 to 3 hours by train).

hani
11-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Another fan checking in for the Katowice show! :D

I see a significant possibility of an ETS hookup before the gig ^^

F-JD
11-30-2013, 06:29 PM
So we can assume that Europe is covered and no dates will be added?

Would love to catch another show more convinient for me to reach.

I think Primavera Sound will soon be announced, maybe on monday.

martin_b
12-02-2013, 02:37 AM
I see a significant possibility of an ETS hookup before the gig ^^

Great idea! I'm in! ;-)

F-JD
12-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Pixies was announced today for Primavera Sound, so no NIN (yet)

Scarlet Siren
12-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Pixies was announced today for Primavera Sound, so no NIN (yet)

I wish they'd announce it already!!!

El Reality (episode 4)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/emezu5uz.jpg

pamolive
12-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Anyone going to Moscow or Ukraine? I bought tickets but haven't received the eticket yet. Anyone else having that problem?

icklekitty
12-04-2013, 04:45 AM
What kind of tickets?

fillow
12-04-2013, 06:39 AM
E-ticket? If it's what I think he means than it's supposed to be a pdf file which is usually available to download from the seller website as soon as the payment is complete. Never had any issue with those before.

Kyle
12-05-2013, 02:46 PM
2014 North America confirmed at the AMA.

ryanmcfly
12-05-2013, 03:02 PM
NIN is now a four piece band consisting of Trent, Ilan, Robin, and Allesandro.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-05-2013, 03:54 PM
NIN is now a four piece band consisting of Trent, Ilan, Robin, and Allesandro.
So we're going from full-time bass player to no bass player at all? Wow.

Edit: Or maybe Trent will pick up the bass duties if needed?

Sorry to see the backup singers go so soon, but obviously we're in for something completely different.

littlemonkey613
12-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Calling that they will headline Coachella with QOTSA on Friday

pamolive
12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Does anyone have an extra presale GA ticket for Bologna, Zurich, Vienna or Katowice?

suprefan
12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Meh... I suppose. I'm not a fan of festivals tbh.

It's one of the best festivals in Europe, and its in Spain of all countries. It wont rain, and its by the ocean, what is there possibly to complain about. And with Neutral Milk Hotel, The Pixies and Arcade fire already confirmed, its not even more enticing with NIN potentially?

Scarlet Siren
12-05-2013, 08:57 PM
It's one of the best festivals in Europe, and its in Spain of all countries. It wont rain, and its by the ocean, what is there possibly to complain about. And with Neutral Milk Hotel, The Pixies and Arcade fire already confirmed, its not even more enticing with NIN potentially?

Hey, you'll never guess what! I had a catch up with a colleague last Friday and towards the end of our meeting we ended up talking about holidays and music or something or another (work?!? what's that?!?) and he just so happened to mention he was going to Barcelona for Primavera. I brought up there's a possibility of NIN performing but wasn't keen on going to another festival to see them. So colleague goes on to tell me how awesome Primavera is (in great detail I have to say), and damn it, Barcelona is already one of my most favourite cities in the world! Let's just say he won me over! :D

So, see you there? ;)

fillow
12-06-2013, 02:10 AM
So, the new band is basically PHM-era formation with no bass guitarist. I call PHM 25th anniversary tour.

WorzelG
12-06-2013, 02:20 AM
I think I'm going to try to avoid watching any of the Oz / South America shows, I'll just end up loving them in some way and getting upset that it will change again before Europe - whatever is said, watching a bluray is not the same as being at a show!

Fist Fuck
12-06-2013, 04:54 AM
When Trent is speaking about the "upcoming tour", is he talking about the QOTSA tour or the European tour? Because, uhm, the European tour isn't really the "upcoming" one. Maybe this one will be different as well?

Interesting how Trent is already rehearsing again. The next shows are in 3 months, and he's rehearsing with the same people (AC_RF_IL) he's been playing for a long time now. I think what's next is the tour Trent had planned before the big arena show idea came in the way, a "mr. song deconstruct" tour. Which would explain the long rehearsing.

I think we're gonna get a lot of re-arranged PHM and YZ.

Horican
12-06-2013, 02:12 PM
The new NIN cover photo in Facebook says something about a tour is Asia in 2014. This is new, right?

gorast
12-06-2013, 02:18 PM
The new NIN cover photo in Facebook says something about a tour is Asia in 2014. This is new, right?

There was a date confirmed, but calling it a "tour" is new, I believe.

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-06-2013, 05:27 PM
So, the new band is basically PHM-era formation with no bass guitarist. I call PHM 25th anniversary tour.
Hmm, interesting. I didn't realize they never even had a bass player until TDS.

But like Fist Fuck says, I can easily see a lot of Year Zero-type stuff with that lineup too.

billpulsipher
12-06-2013, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc2BbY8_-98
TR could always go back to this format. the good old days of being a trio

nashstat
12-06-2013, 07:58 PM
The word "tour" is being used to collectively represent Asia/Australia/Latin America/Europe... Just my take on it! It would be really odd to say Thailand/Australia/Latin America/Europe... so Asia sounds better since all the other names are also regions.

Just my take, I have no official knowledge otherwise!

r_k_f
12-06-2013, 09:53 PM
I really do hope they go back to a four piece just so TR gets back consistently on an instrument....

suprefan
12-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey, you'll never guess what! I had a catch up with a colleague last Friday and towards the end of our meeting we ended up talking about holidays and music or something or another (work?!? what's that?!?) and he just so happened to mention he was going to Barcelona for Primavera. I brought up there's a possibility of NIN performing but wasn't keen on going to another festival to see them. So colleague goes on to tell me how awesome Primavera is (in great detail I have to say), and damn it, Barcelona is already one of my most favourite cities in the world! Let's just say he won me over! :D

So, see you there? ;)

No, not this time. I went in 2010, and it was amazing. I was almost going to go last year, but I had some financial emergencies that prevented it from happening. Youll have a great time, I would suggest to try and arrange where you are staying right when they announce NIN is playing. If you were able to get a few more people, look into renting an apartment around the area, being able to walk there or take a quick cab ride will make a difference after a long night. Also I mean, seeing NIN at like 2 am with that audience is going to be ridiculous.

Scarlet Siren
12-08-2013, 06:26 PM
The word "tour" is being used to collectively represent Asia/Australia/Latin America/Europe... Just my take on it! It would be really odd to say Thailand/Australia/Latin America/Europe... so Asia sounds better since all the other names are also regions.

Just my take, I have no official knowledge otherwise!

I agree. It makes sense. A date for Japan will be announced soon after all...

dlb
12-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I really do hope they go back to a four piece just so TR gets back consistently on an instrument....

I hear you, but I'd still be heartbroken to see Josh not being with the band in 2014. Quite possibly my most favorite new band member since Aaron North.

F-JD
12-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Rock am Ring/Rock im Park announced as aspected. So far for the missing German dates I guess.

ryanmcfly
12-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Rock am Ring gets streamed usually, so there's that hopefully.

slave2thewage
12-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Ilan just posted this pic on Instagram. Is he the new Josh?

http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/1a2588c6691911e38753125b8789c25f_8.jpg

jessamineny
12-19-2013, 08:10 PM
And New Ilan would be... a drum machine?

screwdriver
12-19-2013, 08:10 PM
I hear you, but I'd still be heartbroken to see Josh not being with the band in 2014. Quite possibly my most favorite new band member since Aaron North.

but didn't Aaron … do stuff? like, a lot?

don't get me wrong, I LOVE Telefon and think Josh is probably an amazing musician, but it's not like he was doing a whole hell of a lot in Tension...

and frankly, any chance we get closer to TR on sax is good for me

m15a
12-19-2013, 08:48 PM
And New Ilan would be... a drum machine?

Trent: We're going mix things up for this leg - Ilan on guitar, Robin on drums, Alessandro on tambourine and sax, and Hayley Williams and Marilyn Manson doing vocals. Two days to rehearse, chop chop!

Joy Prevention Hotline
12-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Ilan’s guitar playing has improved so much since the first New Regime album that I could almost see it happening.

witte
12-20-2013, 03:00 AM
I found it, a leak:
http://youtu.be/8SKPHTo_0UQ
And he's on herbalife now doing a diet!

simonn
12-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Surprised to see that there are still GA tickets availabel in Cardiff, Nottingham and Manchester....

http://www.kililive.com/nin/

WorzelG
12-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Surprised to see that there are still GA tickets availabel in Cardiff, Nottingham and Manchester....

http://www.kililive.com/nin/
Eh? It says GA sold out for Manchester. Do you mean Birmingham? From what I can see it looks like Glasgow, London and Manchester are nearly sold out, but not Birmingham or Nottingham. (they're so close though, it seems to me it would have made more sense to only do brum or Nottingham and add Dublin instead). With Cardiff it's hard to say as its almost all standing, the seats were sold out with the presale

simonn
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Eh? It says GA sold out for Manchester. Do you mean Birmingham? From what I can see it looks like Glasgow, London and Manchester are nearly sold out, but not Birmingham or Nottingham. (they're so close though, it seems to me it would have made more sense to only do brum or Nottingham and add Dublin instead). With Cardiff it's hard to say as its almost all standing, the seats were sold out with the presale

Yes, did mean Brum! Distracted while I was typing...I agree though - Cardiff, Brum and Notts together, but no Irish or maybe Newcastle gigs. And still no Folkestone Leas Cliffe Hall!!!

dlb
12-21-2013, 04:49 AM
but didn't Aaron … do stuff? like, a lot? don't get me wrong, I LOVE Telefon and think Josh is probably an amazing musician, but it's not like he was doing a whole hell of a lot in Tension... and frankly, any chance we get closer to TR on sax is good for me well, I just think he's a cool guy and has a stage presence that goes really well with what Trent is trying to do right now.

Cables_and_Wires
12-22-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm not too active in these forums, or as much as used to be–but I follow them closely.
I just ran into Josh Eustice a few nights ago at a bar at 3am here in New Orleans. He's visiting his family for the holidays.

I got to talk to him for a bit about TTA and recording. He's an awesome dude and a really nice guy. When I asked him about NIN, the answer was less than consolatory.

In explaining how he found himself left out of the band for the next touring leg, he did suggest that Trent was indeed looking to do "the Kraftwerk thing" for the 2014 tour.

So there's that.

p_rez17
12-22-2013, 04:15 PM
In explaining how he found himself left out of the band for the next touring leg, he did suggest that Trent was indeed looking to do "the Kraftwerk thing" for the 2014 tour.

So there's that.

I suspected that was the reasoning behind the line-up change. I hope we see a version of Nine Inch Nails with Eustis again, soon. As much as I love Alessandro, it would have been interesting to hear Eustis's contributions to a "Kraftwerk" style Nine Inch Nails.

witte
12-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Sure.
The HTDA stage set up is lying there somewhere. Time to pick it up again. Would fit perfectly ;)

FULLMETAL
12-24-2013, 01:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/39HD0i2l.jpg

I'm not sure I can justify traveling for just two shows. If they played Osaka or Nagoya again, then it would probably be worthwhile. As it is, I'm sure all the Japanese fans will be scrambling for tickets for those two dates. I imagine they could add a third date if the first two sell out since they did 3 shows at Studio Coast back in 2007.

Oh well. Let's see if Santa can work his magic.

*edit*
Looks like there's an event scheduled for Thursday & they have to be in Thailand for a show Saturday. I guess the third show option is off the table.

fillow
12-24-2013, 01:43 AM
But what if they add the third show before the first two?

Krazy
12-24-2013, 02:03 AM
According to wiki, capacity is about 1,000. Anyone know if that's correct?...

FULLMETAL
12-24-2013, 02:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Y5sBmrTl.jpg

1,000 is for a seated show. For standing GA, it's more like 2,400. It's a great space and the sound is quite full.

It's possible they could add an earlier third show, but that seems odd in terms of an announcement & scheduling. Why not announce two dates with space in between? Who knows. I wish I knew more about tour scheduling.

Anyhow, looks like I can get a $400 flight. So, this will be a go if I can get tickets.

nooneimportant
12-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Trent said he was in rehearsal earlier this month, so I'm thinking they might add some January dates and possibly play even Coachella to give the US fans something before they head overseas.

fillow
12-24-2013, 03:58 AM
I wonder why people always seem excited to see NIN added to the festivals lineups (both in NA and Europe) only to complain later that NIN at the festival is hardly a full NIN experience, considering retarded schedule (sometimes), shitty crowd (more often than not), limited production (either planned or completely unexpected), shortened/greatest hits setlists...?

nooneimportant
12-24-2013, 04:45 AM
I wonder why people always seem excited to see NIN added to the festivals lineups (both in NA and Europe) only to complain later that NIN at the festival is hardly a full NIN experience, considering retarded schedule (sometimes), shitty crowd (more often than not), limited production (either planned or completely unexpected), shortened/greatest hits setlists...?

I just want to see NIN at Festivals for a stream. I do this with every act I like and am well aware of the repercussions, but I don't get to go to shows often (don't ask) so a live stream is good enough for me (better sound too, most of the time anyways). Coachella was really fun to watch last year, I didn't have to deal with insane California heat and was just sitting back in my chair just drinking some Dr. Pepper. Was some good shit, I tell you.

icklekitty
12-24-2013, 06:21 AM

In a lot of those places it's a festival NIN show or no NIN show at all.

pukkelpop
12-24-2013, 06:45 AM
When Nin is the headliner at a festival, it's not a shitty festival at all..

Deepvoid
12-24-2013, 01:53 PM
NIN was rumored for last year's Osheaga festival in Montreal. Didn't happen.
Maybe this year? Timing looks better. August 1-3.

ManBurning
12-25-2013, 01:10 PM
NIN was rumored for last year's Osheaga festival in Montreal. Didn't happen.
Maybe this year? Timing looks better. August 1-3.

Yeah, there's a summer festival in North America I am attending at the end of July this year, which I am really crossing my fingers for NIN being there.
I will not name the festival, because I do not want to jinx it and risk Trent seeing the post and think someone "leaked inside info" and then he pulls out of the festival, lol.

snaapz
01-06-2014, 09:22 AM
TR said NIN will probably tour N. America again.

Will we see a new Halo and will we see new songs this spring/summer? Will TR write some hotel and tour bus music again?

fillow
01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
1. yes (tension dvd)
2. no (no new songs)
3. irrelevant to the tour (even if he writes anything on tour, I highly doubt he'll play it live before finishing the song in the studio)

don't thank me.

jessamineny
01-06-2014, 11:01 AM
If there are new songs/a new album, I'd think it would be the Greatest Hits.

snaapz
01-06-2014, 07:52 PM
^^^Well, just to confuse things, or bring light, TR just facebooked this.

Day 1. Will explain later.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1526742_10200502604447651_103340723_n.jpg

SarahConnor
01-06-2014, 11:59 PM
A friend of mine said he'd been asked by "someone in the NIN camp" to ask around re: vintage synths during their Kansas City tour stop. Perhaps the band collected some on tour to write & record? Pretty image btw

icecream
01-07-2014, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine said he'd been asked by "someone in the NIN camp" to ask around re: vintage synths during their Kansas City tour stop. Perhaps the band collected some on tour to write & record? Pretty image btw
New tour will be all reworked to sound like late 70s into the 1980's new wave and synth pop.

SarahConnor
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
New tour will be all reworked to sound like late 70s into the 1980's new wave and synth pop.

So, it'll sound like the How to Destroy Angels.

nooneimportant
01-08-2014, 02:37 PM

Pretty Hate Machine in it's entirety!

icecream
01-08-2014, 05:01 PM
And Trent will bring back his old stage presence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhyyQZ67544

screwdriver
01-08-2014, 06:42 PM

do you know what new wave or synth pop sounds like?

nooneimportant
01-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Nine Inch Nails will NOT be at Coachella. :(

SarahConnor
01-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Who can really know anything.

Charmingly Miserable
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Nine Inch Nails will NOT be at Coachella. :(
Dammit!!!! That would have been all the reason to go to Coachella.

Lew
01-10-2014, 11:44 AM
^^^Well, just to confuse things, or bring light, TR just facebooked this.

Day 1. Will explain later.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1526742_10200502604447651_103340723_n.jpg

judging by this pic, i would say that trently has met his master...lol.

SarahConnor
01-10-2014, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgy64431FgA

I give you Synth-pop:

snaapz
01-11-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.edge.ca/ (Toronto, Canada)

Today, The Edge 102.1 has been running a few commercials for their Edge Fest Summer 2014 and they keep saying something like "want a reason?" they name a couple bands including Nine Inch Nails. The commercial is vague....

?

Anyone else?

botley
01-11-2014, 10:25 PM
What other bands are on that list? I don't want to go through what we went through at V Fest in 2009.

...at least Dean Blundell won't be there.

ManBurning
01-11-2014, 11:29 PM
http://www.edge.ca/ (Toronto, Canada)

Today, The Edge 102.1 has been running a few commercials for their Edge Fest Summer 2014 and they keep saying something like "want a reason?" they name a couple bands including Nine Inch Nails. The commercial is vague....

?

Anyone else?

Is there an official date for Edgefest 2014 yet? I've looked around the 'net, but I can't find an official confirmed date. I've seen Saturday, July 12th (unconfirmed).
The last few Edgefest festivals have been absolutely GARBAGE!

I remember when it was a traveling festival that went coast to coast in the late 90's, that's when it was at it's best. Just been going downhill ever since. But, that's probably because i'm just getting older and what is considered popular music/bands to draw a crowd these days is not appealing to me, heh.

snaapz
01-12-2014, 01:43 PM
^ I heard The Edge commercial again.

They are referencing 2013 concerts in the commercial, trying to add value to the 2014 shows they will be hosting or giving tix away for.

False Positive. Sorry! :o

ManBurning
01-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Hopefully Trent doesn't listen to Edge 102 otherwise that show will be cancelled soon, lol...

EDIT: Ok, I only had to suffer through about 25 mins of the radio stream til I heard the commercial.
It's not announcing those bands are playing in 2014...

It's a commercial promoting something called "The Ultimate Edge concert pass" and it goes something like this:

"Hey, you have an ultimate Edge Concert Pass?"
"Yeah, I won it last year, was able to see great shows like Edgefest, Muse, Cage The Elephant and Nine Inch Nails all in 2013"
and then it goes on about signing up/registering for your chance to win an ultimate edge concert pass for 2014 so you can attend any show the Edge puts on this year for free if you win.

spiralhate
01-16-2014, 05:07 AM
NIN to play Rock In Rio Lisbon on the 31st May!!

http://blitz.sapo.pt/nine-inch-nails-no-rock-in-rio-lisboa-2014=f90467

tate the great
01-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Hmm, interesting. Article seems to say they're playing on the 31st though. Could this mean Primavera Sound on the 29th or 30th?

Volband
01-16-2014, 10:14 AM
So the general consensus is that Trent will take on the bass duty, but I have a hard time believing that, knowing how much he wants everything to be perfect, and that incudes stage presence. His idea of a powerful lead singer and band leader is not standing like a stone in front of the mic while playing bass. Guitar is different, because he can go apeshit on it, and it has a higher cool-factor.

So yeah, he'll either make huge changes to some of the songs or to the setlist, because he'll play bass at 3-4 songs during a set at best, though even that sounds a lot.

fillow
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm gonna stuck to the version that there will be some new guy on bass.
The question that TR was answering was Who's in the band at the moment? not Who'll be in 2014 lineup?.

skullboy0
01-16-2014, 12:41 PM
I think they're going to add a cover of Spinal Tap's "Big Bottoms" just so they can ALL play bass.

der_wahnsinn
01-16-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna stuck to the version that there will be some new guy on bass.
The question that TR was answering was Who's in the band at the moment? not Who'll be in 2014 lineup?.

my thoughts exactly. i'm hoping to see another 'welcome back' post like they did with robin, or maybe rehearsal images confirming a 5th member. I liked the 2009 shows but it always seemed to feel a little sloppy with only 4 guy on stage.

botley
01-16-2014, 04:44 PM
my thoughts exactly. i'm hoping to see another 'welcome back' post like they did with robin, or maybe rehearsal images confirming a 5th member. I liked the 2009 shows but it always seemed to feel a little sloppy with only 4 guy on stage.
That was the idea: in deliberate contrast to the über-polished Lights in the Sky lineup, they let a frayed edge show now and then. I expect there to be much the same this time around, or at least less of a 'live' feel in the arrangements.

That other guy
01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Maybe its just me , But I would love to see a full on Acoustic or Almost all remix / never played songs type tour...

sick among the pure
01-16-2014, 07:13 PM
I don't see why it's assumed Trent will be THE bassist, since everyone in the band except for Robin has played bass before. Not to mention the "more electronic" sound could mean synth bass, so Ally could just take over.
We'll see, maybe there will be another member added to the band for bass duty, maybe it'll be nothing like what we can speculate and totally new.

botley
01-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Hey, maybe it won't be bass they'll put on synth... Ally will just beat the shit out of those syndrums and Ilan will SHRED on 'cello for two hours.

nooneimportant
01-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Well whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be more apparent than the "Mysterious Entity" that played the backing tracks in 2009...

Who the hell did that? Rob Sheridan? Alan Thicke? Meathead?

Meathead did stop with his site... I smell a conspiracy guys.

Kyle
01-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Well whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be more apparent than the "Mysterious Entity" that played the backing tracks in 2009...

Who the hell did that? Rob Sheridan? Alan Thicke? Meathead?

Meathead did stop with his site... I smell a conspiracy guys.

It was billpulsipher. He never got invited back which is why he's so bitter.

Volband
01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
It was billpulsipher. He never got invited back which is why he's so bitter.
What an awesome plot for the ARG for YZ 2. Which is coming. Soon. Trent will probably make it during the next tour. Bookmark this reply.

arsenic
01-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails have added a show in Wellington to their Australasian tour. The Wellington show will be on March 20 at the TSB Arena.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/9629770/QOTSA-NIN-add-Wellington-show

skullboy0
01-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Figure Spotting's close to going off-topic with the "product" discussion, would post the touring part here.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-on-why-beats-is-worth-your-money-and-nins-next-plans-20140124

"We've got dates booked through the end of the summer."

I would interpret "End of summer" as sometime in the Labor Day weekend timeframe, they've only announced dates through the end of June.

suprefan
01-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Hmm, interesting. Article seems to say they're playing on the 31st though. Could this mean Primavera Sound on the 29th or 30th?

Theyre playing Primavera, line up will be announced the 28th of Jan.

icklekitty
01-28-2014, 06:20 AM
They're in Paris on 29th so it wouldn't be that date.

tate the great
01-28-2014, 07:27 AM
Hmm, would they really play five nights in a row (Amsterdam on the 27th to Lisbon on the 31st)? I suppose we're going to find out in a few hours. Pretty psyched though, as I love the Primavera for being more than just your "average" festival.

suprefan
01-28-2014, 01:45 PM
NIN Confirmed for Primavera. Along with Slint, Television, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Slowdive, Queens Of The Stone Age, The National, Disclosure and more.

pukkelpop
01-28-2014, 02:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfF3JQvCIAEm2ni.jpg

ryanmcfly
01-28-2014, 02:49 PM
It appears that it was either streamed or on TV last year.

pukkelpop
01-28-2014, 03:07 PM
i hope trent will use the big side screens again on festivals (as i'll attend Silverlake probably). it fits the band perfectly, and they did it extraordinary, with the own technicians..

tate the great
01-28-2014, 03:10 PM
It appears that it was either streamed or on TV last year.
Yeah, Pitchfork streamed it last time. They did a pretty good job at it as well.

suprefan
01-28-2014, 03:56 PM
They stream it, just depends who gets broadcast. Dont assume its automatic. But it will be badass for them to go on 2 am or so.

F-JD
01-28-2014, 05:02 PM
No surprise, but damn that is a killer line-up :o

blitzkrieg
01-30-2014, 07:21 AM
According to this webzine, it seems that a new french show will be announced in Toulouse, France : http://www.metalorgie.com/news/95122_Une-seconde-date-francaise-pour-Nine-Inch-Nails-le-dimanche-1er-juin-a-Toulouse-On-vous

ninjaw
01-30-2014, 10:36 AM
It may actually be Montpellier according to a better source.

blitzkrieg
01-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Qotsa is in Montpellier that day. You mean that both band could be on a same show in France... !!
Tickets are already for sale for this band, so I doubt of it, but hope you're right.

Corona Radiata
02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
None of the tour dates are showing up for me here http://tour.nin.com/. Might just be my browser/computer, but I could see them yesterday.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
None of the tour dates are showing up for me here http://tour.nin.com/. Might just be my browser/computer, but I could see them yesterday.
Me neither — I suspect a database failure, since the past dates tab is also blank. Store.nin.com is down altogether.

FernandoDante
02-01-2014, 07:38 PM
So the general consensus is that Trent will take on the bass duty, but I have a hard time believing that, knowing how much he wants everything to be perfect, and that incudes stage presence. His idea of a powerful lead singer and band leader is not standing like a stone in front of the mic while playing bass. Guitar is different, because he can go apeshit on it, and it has a higher cool-factor.

So yeah, he'll either make huge changes to some of the songs or to the setlist, because he'll play bass at 3-4 songs during a set at best, though even that sounds a lot.
How/why did people arrive at that consensus? I'd sooner put my bet on JMJ being back.

pukkelpop
02-02-2014, 05:35 AM
Me neither — I suspect a database failure, since the past dates tab is also blank. Store.nin.com is down altogether.
Cancel tour? :rolleyes:

Edo
02-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Cancel tour? :rolleyes:

please stahp

Charmingly Miserable
02-02-2014, 03:12 PM
How/why did people arrive at that consensus? I'd sooner put my bet on JMJ being back.

I'd back that up but I think Justin is busy these days, isn't he?

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-02-2014, 06:29 PM
I'd back that up but I think Justin is busy these days, isn't he?
And I don’t see why he’d have to keep it quiet if he was rejoining.

TheBang
02-03-2014, 05:02 AM
A 3rd Tokyo date has been added, on Feb. 28.

pukkelpop
02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
A 3rd Tokyo date has been added, on Feb. 28.
Wtf, and the next day Pattaya? Almost impossible.

FULLMETAL
02-04-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm a little surprised by the extra Tokyo show, but I guess the venue rescheduled the event that was previously taking place on the 28th. That said, it seems like a tight turn-around but maybe it's easier since they're traveling to a festival show.

Anyhow, looks I'm in for all three Tokyo shows thanks to the kindness from an old Spiral member (I don't think he's on ETS).

*edit*
No, I'm a dummy head. There's an event scheduled on the 27th which I thought would be the impediment for a third show.

ninjaw
02-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Can't find the post that was reporting rumors, but second (south of) french date confirmed by trent (et local sellers)

pukkelpop
02-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Wtf, and the next day Pattaya? Almost impossible.

Silverlake festival has been cancelled due to the political situation in Thailand.

Didn't book anything yet(was planning to do it today), but i feel sorry for the people that did. Although they can still have a nice holiday...

TheBang
02-05-2014, 04:58 AM
Hm. Maybe they can schedule a couple Osaka dates or something to fill the time until Australia then.

With the 2nd France date, does that mean all the holes are filled in? No more Europe dates to be announced?

acidpolly
02-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Moscow, SPb, Kiev, Budapest are cancelled - I wonder what happened. I could understand Kiev because of the unrest but other cities? logistic costs? "scheduling issues" doesn't expain much

fillow
02-12-2014, 04:51 AM
What the actual fuck??
I've been looking at first three of those :( But didn't buy tickets yet

Microwave Jellyfish
02-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Moscow, SPb, Kiev, Budapest are cancelled - I wonder what happened. I could understand Kiev because of the unrest but other cities? logistic costs? "scheduling issues" doesn't expain much
Could it be that the sale numbers were lower than expected? I can hardly see a stadium selling out (or getting half-filled, even) for a Budapest NIN show, but I'm really not sure about the other cities.

fillow
02-12-2014, 05:11 AM
I've seen them in St Pete and Budapest at past tours and venues were far from half-filled. Can't say if full or not, but sales surely didn't hurt.

acidpolly
02-12-2014, 05:25 AM
see, if it was about sales (based on previous tour back in 2007) they wouldn't have booked these dates from the beginning. but they cancelled them now!
Russian currency dropped about 10% this year so maybe that's an issue too...

BenAkenobi
02-12-2014, 06:16 AM
I remember, in '07 he said “we will return” on stage.

icklekitty
02-12-2014, 06:31 AM
Could it be that the sale numbers were lower than expected? I can hardly see a stadium selling out (or getting half-filled, even) for a Budapest NIN show, but I'm really not sure about the other cities.

If that's the case I could have told them that in November. Completely stupid to book a European arena tour with so many cities they are marginally known in.

see, if it was about sales (based on previous tour back in 2007) they wouldn't have booked these dates from the beginning. but they cancelled them now!
Russian currency dropped about 10% this year so maybe that's an issue too...

Exactly

laci
02-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Sweet Jesus, there are a million gig posters on the streets of Budapest rigt now. Universal (or whoever paid for marketing) will deliver a nice check...

fillow
02-12-2014, 06:44 AM
They could've easily add some extra UK dates on those dates and sell them out in minutes. Instead they moved Prague nine days back... I think it has something to do with a need to leave back to US earlier for some reason.

A similar thing happened with QOTSA on their 2011 self-titled reissue tour. They canceled three last shows of European tour in Budapest, Prague (I had tickets for this show) and Warsaw. Not at the last moment but two or three months in advance, for "family reasons." (Only to be back in Europe a month later for a festivals run, but alas, no make-up dates).

curbes
02-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Prague show change not only date, but place too...it comes to place Forum Karlin, new place which will be opened in may and has capacity 3000

jessamineny
02-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Where was all of this announced?

curbes
02-12-2014, 08:08 AM
about Prague show on Czech Live Nation web and couple other Czech news websites

laci
02-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Here: http://www.livenation.cz/news?id=504056

arsenic
02-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Dear Customer,

Due to scheduling issues, the below four June tour dates have been cancelled:

Friday, June 13, 2014 / Ice Palace - St. Petersburg, Russia
Sunday, June 15, 2014 / Stadium Live - Moscow, Russia
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 / Stereoplaza - *Kiev, Ukraine
Thursday, June 19, 2014 / BudapestArena - Budapest, Hungary

Nine Inch Nails apologizes for the cancellation and hopes they can do these shows some time in the future.

(From a ticketpro email )

captainkurtz
02-12-2014, 10:07 AM
For fucks sake.

Budapest hotel non-refundable, flight non-refundable.

fillow
02-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Just go. Budapest is a wonderful city worth visiting even with no NIN.

somewhat_
02-12-2014, 10:52 AM
So, Nine Inch Nails is playing Bonnaroo then?

laci
02-12-2014, 11:25 AM
most likely, because it will be held between June 12 and 15.

acidpolly
02-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Bonnaroo? ha that would explain everything nice and simple.
US festival is for sure much better than fucking with russian / ukranian authorities regarding visas for the whole crew and logistics issues to bring equipment through the borders.

kitz
02-12-2014, 05:02 PM
So NIN cancelled two gigs in Hungary (last year we had a strong rumour they would play at Sziget) because of US festivals...

Basszák meg.

Emil Dorbell
02-13-2014, 01:18 AM
I feel your you guys. This sucks.

Volband
02-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Just make a summer NA-tour, maybe someone there could only attend like 5 shows. They should also make more "let's play here two nights in a row!" dates, don't make Americans travel that much. But don't forget Europe when jerk festival hosts can fuck you in the ass, because they probably pay good money, so they will surely not skip those shows. Playing as the warm-up band for Biffy Clyro for a lot of $$$ >>>> playing for a crowd that actuall cares about your music and probably won't fall asleep during MOTP for less $$$

No, really, I can't wait for the announcement of the next US-tour with thousands of visual effects. If I'm lucky someone will make a semi-decent recording of one of those shows.

kitz
02-13-2014, 09:51 AM
I could go to Vienna, but it would be useless, because there were nin.com tickets.
I won't pay a lot of money for a gig to see nothing. With my height (160 cm) and a normal nin fan being a lot taller than me (and probably has nin.com tickets) I would see some backs.

So basically I have no other choice. :/

Yes, I'm bitter :(

fillow
02-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I just discovered that there are some ridiculously cheap flights to Oslo. Tempting...

laci
02-13-2014, 10:17 AM
I just discovered that there are some ridiculously cheap flights to Oslo. Tempting...
Heard that Oslo is the most expensive city in Europe. If you have to stay there for a night, the cheap flight is gone.

Volband
02-13-2014, 10:17 AM
I could go to Vienna, but it would be useless, because there were nin.com tickets.
I won't pay a lot of money for a gig to see nothing. With my height (160 cm) and a normal nin fan being a lot taller than me (and probably has nin.com tickets) I would see some backs.

Hey, I'm like 165, but I'll still go. It's the hand we got dealt, we either try to play it somehow, or we might never see NIN live again. Yeah, I'm a bit dramatic, and I'm sure they'll come for some festivals eventually, but 1. I don't like festivals 2. the festival setlists are lame, or only worth one shot because it's always the same for a certain festival leg.

I'm not so sure by the way how our height would be a problem. Back in 2009, at Syma, after MOTP I was back almost at the very end, but I could see just fine. We'll be jumping anyway :D

Sure, it might be different for you, I mean, you might have other live acts you'd like to see, or you've been enough (is there such a thing?) NIN shows that you don't feel the need to try to make the best out of this situation.

Fangster_
02-13-2014, 12:37 PM
If that's the case I could have told them that in November. Completely stupid to book a European arena tour with so many cities they are marginally known in.

Uh-huh. And I'm afraid Helsinki might get scrapped next. After the initial pants-down excitement for the news, I was immediately sceptical over the venue. I'd say by booking their debut arena gig at basically our biggest event center they're seriously overestimating NIN's popularity here. Korn, who are a far more relevant and a regular guest of ours is doing another show at the cable factory, which isn't that high profile at all. Disgusted to say this, but I hope the people are at least feeling a bit nostalgic. Gotta get those tix moving.

If it's any indicator, the Facebook event only has 208 attendees listed. That's just terrible. The page is somewhat hard to find but fuckkkkkkk. Hey man konkelo let's take a loan together and buy out the remaining seats. I'm not missing this shit.

kitz
02-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Oh fuck, noooo
I even have friends there (=free accomodation) and it's fucking Norway <3

But as just Laci said it's really expensive. The train from the airport costs 30 euros, the booze is mega expensive.

Sure, it might be different for you, I mean, you might have other live acts you'd like to see, or you've been enough (is there such a thing?) NIN shows that you don't feel the need to try to make the best out of this situation.

I just bought a new flat on my own and I'm visiting my friend in Oslo.

I'm broke. So I can live without a NIN concert.

WorzelG
02-13-2014, 01:31 PM
I can't help thinking this is part of the reason for the management change. @Fangster_ (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2557) maybe they'll just downgrade the Helsinki venue rather than cancel like they did in Prague.? I'll say it again though, they need to release a video or something! There's still 3 months to go to do some promotion. Although partly I do wonder whether the Fincher film also has something to do with it, due for release in October

jessamineny
02-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Just make a summer NA-tour, maybe someone there could only attend like 5 shows. They should also make more "let's play here two nights in a row!" dates, don't make Americans travel that much. But don't forget Europe when jerk festival hosts can fuck you in the ass, because they probably pay good money, so they will surely not skip those shows. Playing as the warm-up band for Biffy Clyro for a lot of $$$ >>>> playing for a crowd that actuall cares about your music and probably won't fall asleep during MOTP for less $$$

No, really, I can't wait for the announcement of the next US-tour with thousands of visual effects. If I'm lucky someone will make a semi-decent recording of one of those shows.

You know how big the U.S. itself is, right? NYC to Portland is 1.5 times the distance of Glasgow to Moscow. (The furthest points on the original schedule.) There is an enormous area to cover. The state of Texas alone is larger than France.

icklekitty
02-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Funny you mention those places. One of the most recent date announcements was enough to think the band still maintain a shred of human benevolence.

Volband
02-13-2014, 06:06 PM
You know how big the U.S. itself is, right? NYC to Portland is 1.5 times the distance of Glasgow to Moscow. (The furthest points on the original schedule.) There is an enormous area to cover. The state of Texas alone is larger than France.
It's not about the furthest points, there's plenty of areas in between, and I'm willing to bet that traveling across states is much more easier (and cost-efficent) than traveling between countries. Also, you travel 500 miles, and you are basically at the same place; while I travel 80 miles and I have to make myself understood with a foreign language in a foreign culture, with foreign currencies.

To top that, you get EVERYTHING and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. I wouldn't complain about having a much harder time to attend multiple shows, or having close to zero production, never seeing 100 songs long setlists with guest appearances, never hearing him say "I'll cum all over you" or not even having the chance to see NIN ever with backup vocalists, but this shit they just pulled made all of these needles in my eye - just to use Trent's words - sting. And you know, he really enjoyed himself here. He liked the city (you probably remember how he posted pics and comments on nin.com, in case you asked me for a source), and you could just see that he really enjoyed the gig as well. It was during the time when he skipped encores, or just badmouthed the crowd and whatnot (watched tons of footage back then), but here he just thanked us all the time and told us how pleased he is. I kinda felt awkward even. And now he reschedules the tour? Why does he even feel obligated to play HLAH at every show, when apparently he's the one doing anything for God Money.

I guess there comes a point when you should just stop mashing the man and his music together, because if it was just about Trent I wouldn't be so eager to find and plan another show for me to attend to. Bah, who am I kidding, I just want to see Cold Cave live, the supporting act he gifted Europe with. David Bowie is two words as well, so it's almost the same, right? Oh no, US, you won't get our Cold Cave.

Krazy
02-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Hey now, we in fact did not get "Everything"- I assure you it was not played!

All jokes aside I do feel badly for the people on the other side of the pond that don't get to see them due to cancellations. I haven't been following ticket sales, we're they that bad?

People do have to realize NIN is a bit of a niche band even here in the states. Yes ticket sales were good in some markets (for example LA, Toronto, St. Paul), but then you had other large markets that wer crap (Detroit and Atlanta off the top of my head). I can't even imagine what it would be like in Europe where they're not very well known.

And for the record festivals fucking suck.

jessamineny
02-13-2014, 07:39 PM
It's not about the furthest points <snip> Oh no, US, you won't get our Cold Cave.

I just don't understand why your original response to the cancellation of shows (and your continued responses) is to turn this into a European vs. North American thing. Your original post all but said North Americans are blanketed with opportunities to see the band, and I tried to offer some perspective on why that's not the case. Now you continue to pile it on. What's the point?

theimage13
02-13-2014, 07:47 PM
And for the record festivals fucking suck.

I actually just liked your post for that one line. As someone who's had to work on stage at several festivals, I know first hand that they're grueling - even when you've got someone keeping you stocked with free water bottles, you can sit down in the shade (not often, but more often than if you're trying to get a good view of a headlining band), etc. I would never want to see NIN at a festival, even with the amazing production they had last year.

That said, if I lived in an area where that was the only feasible option, and then that option suddenly got canceled, I'd be pretty pissed off. I feel bad for everyone who's suddenly lost their shot at seeing them; especially those who made non-refundable travel plans.

Krazy
02-13-2014, 07:49 PM
(forjessamineny's post) I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, hence the "you will not get OUR Cold Cave!" peice.

jessamineny
02-13-2014, 08:05 PM
The very last part of her/his post was the only part that was sarcastic to me. (And I snipped the entire middle of the post when I quoted simply so I wouldn't have to quote a wall of text.)

FernandoDante
02-13-2014, 08:48 PM
So NIN cancelled two gigs in Hungary (last year we had a strong rumour they would play at Sziget) because of US festivals...

Basszák meg.

Did you guys seriously get 4 solo dates canceled because of Bonnaroo? Man, that really really sucks.

I know what it feels like to have solo gigs canceled, that happened to half the South American tour in 2008 - but that was supposedly because of shitty ticket sales. But actually trading an area of the world that rarely gets to see NIN for the billionth US festival? I feel for you.

Right now I'm just grateful as fuck for that Rio de Janeiro gig. I'll get to see NIN two nights in a row, in two different settings. I wish non-festival NIN concerts unto all parts of the world that usually don't get them.

ManBurning
02-14-2014, 01:13 AM
Hey now, we in fact did not get "Everything"- I assure you it was not played!

Damn, you beat me to the punch! Soon as I read what was written above that was IMMEDIATELY what I wanted to post, lol.

Did you guys seriously get 4 solo dates canceled because of Bonnaroo? Man, that really really sucks.

OK, just because Bonnoroo falls on that weekend doesn't mean NIN are playing, guys. Maybe something serious did actually come up in the scheduling, maybe some of the members or crew couldn't get allowance into these countrys, we can only speculate until we see the Bonnaroo lineup (which is coming out next Wed, Feb 19th), we can't assume it is because Bonnaroo is giving them a bigger paycheque.

Chances are, the Bonnaroo lineup has been almost finalized months ago anyway, with small little acts waiting for confirmation the last week. Bonnaroo probably locked in their headliners MONTHS ago. NIN was probably not even invited because NIN's European tour schedule has been out since November. It takes months to plan a summer festival... I'm still patiently waiting for a summer festival I am attending this July to release the lineup, but festivals are not something that are known for making spur of the moment changes, unless one of their big headliners pulled out at the last minute and they needed to fill the spot, i HIGHLY doubt NIN is playing Bonnaroo.

kitz
02-14-2014, 02:30 AM
All jokes aside I do feel badly for the people on the other side of the pond that don't get to see them due to cancellations. I haven't been following ticket sales, we're they that bad?

I'm sure it was really bad. I kept checking ticketpro's site and whole section of seats were empty.
They shouldn't book that huge venue for such a not very well known band in the first place.

Just imagine how bad it could be if Queens of the stone age had to cancel their gig in 2011 in a lot smaller venue (but they same happened to the Smashing Pumpkins a year before)

In 2007 Muse didn't cancel it, but played in a 14,000 capacity venue to 3,000 people. Almost the whole arena was covered with black curtains....

icklekitty
02-14-2014, 06:28 AM
If this is about ticket sales, they should fire the idiot that booked arenas and downgrade to clubs. It would make me buy MORE NIN tickets to see them in Eastern Europe.

Emil Dorbell
02-14-2014, 07:16 AM
If this is about ticket sales, they should fire the idiot that booked arenas and downgrade to clubs. It would make me buy MORE NIN tickets to see them in Eastern Europe.

NIN in a club is fantastic. The gig at La Riviera in Madrid was one of my favorites, and it felt like we were maybe a thousand people in there, or less.

witte
02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Heard that Oslo is the most expensive city in Europe. If you have to stay there for a night, the cheap flight is gone.
come to the netherlands. we'll drive to amsterdam, stay there at a bed & breakfest (still one bed free) and the next day we make the drive to antwerp. you're welcome :)
we're with three persons right now, still one place free...

dominik
02-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Huh? Are nin.com ticket holders allowed earlier to enter the venue or what? I just bought the normal tickets online.

And I know it sucks, I also had a ticket for Budapest.. but it's only 3 hours by train, so if you are able to come and have time, buy tickets for Vienna. I bet the venue is far from sold out.

kitz
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Huh? Are nin.com ticket holders allowed earlier to enter the venue or what? I just bought the normal tickets online.
yep, early entry for those who bought their ticket on nin.com.

sick among the pure
02-14-2014, 10:23 PM
unless otherwise noted on the nin.com tour page ​(japan)

Volband
02-15-2014, 05:19 AM
I just don't understand why your original response to the cancellation of shows (and your continued responses) is to turn this into a European vs. North American thing. Your original post all but said North Americans are blanketed with opportunities to see the band, and I tried to offer some perspective on why that's not the case. Now you continue to pile it on. What's the point?
Because I'm mad. You tried, but didn't really convince me. Yes, I get that NIN doesn't play in every individual American's backyard, but still, the difference is huge. /btw "him"/

First of all, they should try to communicate. I can live with Trent not saying a single word (yeah-yeah, he did post a sentence before and after, hooray) about the Grammys, that confused the heck out of (some/most) of us, but damn it, is it that hard to tell us these dates are cancelled because <this and that>? I'm sure you follow other bands on facebook, who are all buddy-buddy with their fans, always trying to be interactive., while we have NIN, who feels it's best to keep it a secret why they need to reschedule things. It must be scary for Trent to even think about we eventually get some solid information about everything (and yes, it includes even Everything, lol). Do they not have a PR guy?

[edit: I wanted to write "solid information about anything", but I just can't get an Everythhing reference slip away. It never gets old!]

Or... will Trent make a Vevo behind the scenes video about the rescheduling, so he can make some (more) money off from desperate Eastern-Europeans who will definetly watch it? Maybe he releases it in 4 part? Maybe I'll have to buy the Tension DVD, 'cuz it'll be on the extras? I'm not even sure if I'm joking or not.

dominik
02-15-2014, 07:43 AM

ah that's shitty, I want to be in the first few rows. I hope the nin.com contingent wasn't that big.

fillow
02-15-2014, 10:23 AM
is it that hard to tell us these dates are cancelled because <this and that>?
i don't think they ever mentioned even Thailand cancellation, did they? despite the reason being pretty obviously outside of band's influence

TheBang
02-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah, for some reason they're leaving the bad news handling to the promoters/ticket agents.

FernandoDante
02-16-2014, 04:42 PM
damn it, is it that hard to tell us these dates are cancelled because <this and that>? I'm sure you follow other bands on facebook, who are all buddy-buddy with their fans, always trying to be interactive., while we have NIN, who feels it's best to keep it a secret why they need to reschedule things. It must be scary for Trent to even think about we eventually get some solid information about everything (and yes, it includes even Everything, lol). Do they not have a PR guy?
Have you tried asking Rob Sheridan on twitter? Being a PR guy is not his job (not that I know of, anyway), but he can be surprisingly nice when asked about tour-related business.

laci
02-17-2014, 04:55 AM
Have you tried asking Rob Sheridan on twitter? Being a PR guy is not his job (not that I know of, anyway), but he can be surprisingly nice when asked about tour-related business.
I did, no response.
Also sent a tweet to the NIN account as the background image still features the canceled dates and ask for an explanation of the situation.
They should say something, at least a sorry. I remember years before it was different.

fillow
02-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Does anyone else think US dates will be dropped along with Bonnaroo lineup?

Anne.
02-17-2014, 05:47 AM
The Japan shows start in a week and still no sign of a new bass player right? Hope they surprise us with JMJ! :)

icklekitty
02-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Maybe they've forgotten they're touring altogether!

kitz
02-17-2014, 08:24 AM
They should say something, at least a sorry. I remember years before it was different.

I really miss the old days when we got all the infos first hand. Cancellations happen I get it, but it's so disappointing when you don't get any answers.
Even a "we don't care about you, because you are unimportant countries" would be better than this silence.

richardp
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
The Japan shows start in a week and still no sign of a new bass player right? Hope they surprise us with JMJ! :)

Doubtful as I believe he will be touring with Beck for his Morning Phase tour.

FernandoDante
02-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I really miss the old days when we got all the infos first hand. Cancellations happen I get it, but it's so disappointing when you don't get any answers.
Even a "we don't care about you, because you are unimportant countries" would be better than this silence.
Shit, even "LOGISTICS, AMIRITE?" would be ok at this point.

ManBurning
02-17-2014, 10:08 PM

This new interview that was posted in the nin spotting section confirms they are 100% back to a 4 piece.

New interview from 3news is up.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Trent-Reznor-on-40-unreleased-demos-NZ-tour-Gone-Girl-Grammys/tabid/418/articleID/332710/Default.aspx

No news about what happened with those final European dates or any upcoming "US dates" but an all around good interview anyway.
We learn a little bit about the seemingly unknown "Fragile re-issue", which is the best part of the interview.

FernandoDante
02-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Was the Thailand gig formally canceled? Did I miss something? It still shows up on NIN's twitter background, but it's gone from http://tour.nin.com/

EDIT: Yes, I missed something.

http://www.silverlakemusicfest.com/

WorzelG
02-18-2014, 01:03 AM
This new interview that was posted in the nin spotting section confirms they are 100% back to a 4 piece.

No news about what happened with those final European dates or any upcoming "US dates" but an all around good interview anyway.
We learn a little bit about the seemingly unknown "Fragile re-issue", which is the best part of the interview.
I'm a little bit jealous if Aus gets to hear My Violent Heart - has that ever been played live? He said next few months of touring so I guess they're changing it up again for Europe. I wonder how they will do that?

ManBurning
02-18-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm a little bit jealous if Aus gets to hear My Violent Heart - has that ever been played live? He said next few months of touring so I guess they're changing it up again for Europe. I wonder how they will do that?

I have a feeling this tour is going to be similar to the "Wave goodbye" tour they did setlist wise. I bet the setlist is going to change dramatically between shows... which makes me Jealous. Based on what he said about them being able to focus on more aggressive and electronic muisc and how there are no limits and how the arena tours were getting a little boring each night as they had strict guidelines to play by to execute everything correctly. I'd trade the big production for a smaller 4 piece with rotating songs anyday... It's funny because all of Europe is jealous they're not getting the big production, but from what I can tell, all of North America is jealous with what Europe is about to get... haha.... There is no pleasing NIN fans. We just want something we can never have.

pukkelpop
02-18-2014, 03:18 AM
the holy grail is a combination of the European Wave Goodbye setlist and the Lights in the sky production, obviously.

nooneimportant
02-18-2014, 05:12 AM
I know this might sound crazy but when Trent says more electronic and stuff from The Fragile, I figured they will finally play Where Is Everybody? and Underneath It All.

fillow
02-18-2014, 06:08 AM
Calling it: real live version of The New Flesh. Can't get more electronic than that.

simonn
02-18-2014, 07:30 AM
If they're going to debut previously unplayed Fragile songs (not that they've said that, but a man can dream right?) it's gotta be 'I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally'. Finally.

eversonpoe
02-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Calling it: real live version of The New Flesh. Can't get more electronic than that.

wait, that's one of the most organic sounding songs on the fragile. like, it sounds pretty much 100% organic to me, with no electronic elements. not that an electronic version wouldn't be cool, i've just never thought of it as even remotely electronic.
but, either way, it needs to happen live!

Volband
02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
If they're going to debut previously unplayed Fragile songs (not that they've said that, but a man can dream right?) it's gotta be 'I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally'. Finally.
That's like one of the funkiest NIN-songs that didn't even hit the pinted setlist for a funky-oriented tour leg. Now it's not really electronic and not even a song that benefits a 4-man band.

I'm not saying there's no chance you'll see it, I'm just saying it will be played between Sunspots and Demon Seed. Good luck with that!

simonn
02-18-2014, 01:42 PM
That's like one of the funkiest NIN-songs that didn't even hit the pinted setlist for a funky-oriented tour leg. Now it's not really electronic and not even a song that benefits a 4-man band.

I'm not saying there's no chance you'll see it, I'm just saying it will be played between Sunspots and Demon Seed. Good luck with that!

Yeah, not holding out much hope. I think we got as much of Sunspots last year as we're ever likely to get...

acidpolly
02-18-2014, 01:53 PM
"a lot more of the aggressive and electronic music"? how about HiS then?! ;)

fillow
02-18-2014, 02:45 PM
*COUGH* tetsuo theme *COUGH*

Krazy
02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
So Allesandro is playing an "instrumental" set opening for NIN in Japan. (via Twitter, with picture)

Educate me: how does one play an instrumental set with all electronics? I get that MTV Unplugged wasn't technically "unplugged" but this one is hard for me to grasp.

Corona Radiata
02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Electronics are instruments. Also who said, he was only using electronics?

Krazy
02-18-2014, 08:34 PM
@blindoldfreak: Playing an instrumental set opening for @nineinchnails in Tokyo on Feb 25, 26 and 28. http://t.co/xiVT7tx9hu http://t.co/beXUPdogiC

Usually when one says "instrumental" it'll be acoustical (ie no distortion/effects for typical guitars, bass guitar, etc.). I never said anything about specific instruments or tried being a cynical asshole- clearly in the picture he's not playing bass or guitar or drums. Allesandro has always been the multi-instrumental/electronics/plug-ins guy for NIN. Was wonderng what other peoples opinions are on this and how it's done (I'm really not that big into electronic music) so was just looking into opinions or a perspective of the music he'll be playing.

skullboy0
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Instrumental=no vocals.

Krazy
02-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I got my "instrumentals" mixed up with "acoustic perforcormance". Been a long day.

Carry on.

Joy Prevention Hotline
02-18-2014, 08:59 PM
So Allesandro is playing an "instrumental" set opening for NIN in Japan. (via Twitter, with picture)
Damn — that’s exactly what I was hoping would happen someday. (I should have posted that so I could be acclaimed as a prophet or something cool like that. Sigh.)

jessamineny
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pavBmNdVfQY