PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ryanp16
11-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Still hoping an Irish gig of some form gets announced. Don't particularly want to travel to London for this

TheRealNs1
11-18-2013, 07:44 PM
For a first time trip to UK, what city should I go to a NIN show? London seems like the obvious choice...

sheepdean
11-18-2013, 08:20 PM
For a first time trip to UK, what city should I go to a NIN show? London seems like the obvious choice...
They're all decent cities, London is fantastic but also will be the most expensive. Cardiff will probably sell out the slowest and is still a capital city, so might be an alternative. But if you're gonna do the tourist thing as well as, you should def. go to Cardiff, Glasgow or London.

Warning: depending on where you're from, you may not understand anyone in Glasgow.

[Shep]
11-18-2013, 08:55 PM
I missed the announcement,
Do we have any idea of ticket prices, or if we're getting the Tension light show?

Krazy
11-18-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm going SLIGHTLY off track here but that pretty much shit cans a US summer ampitheater tour, looks like they'll be going into late for Europe and then some time off. Possibly late summer/early fall, and arenas with about as many dates as Tension. Really hoping they tour the states again and speculation was doing the summer thing.

<------ NOT being greedy! Just thinking/typing out loud about 2014 dates.

Krazy
11-18-2013, 08:59 PM
@scorpiusdiamond (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=437) didn't Aus get LITS last time too though?

Also, O2 just tweeted it so hopefully we'll get a pricetag soon

Disnt see anyone answer your question....

....no, LITS was only North and South America (and I think South America got some of it dumbed down). '09 Australia got the fairly generic WG and NINJA lighting.

WorzelG
11-19-2013, 12:52 AM
That's a little worrying - really hoping for the Tension production and 8 piece band thang!

It would be weird if Pino Palladino wasn't in the band when they're playing his home town of Cardiff! However, the thing with Lisa Fischer is, I read a rumour the Rolling Stones is touring next year so she would go back to them if that happens, hmm he could always hire someone else though but would it be the same?

simonn
11-19-2013, 01:07 AM
So Cardiff peeps, as I know there's a couple of you on here, this as an option for a seating show for me. Looking at videos on youtube it seems like quite a wide arena, so the side views look quite far away. Is the view from the seats opposite the stage good or too far away. Or are the side seats better than I'm seeing?

And yes, would love to see Palladino on bass, he's got some funk going on!

jmtd
11-19-2013, 02:32 AM

Manchester, go to the vinyl exchange before and the factory after. Top city

Digital Twilight
11-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Manchester is OK but there isn't a lot to see. Cardiff and Glasgow are better cities to visit.

powerpipe
11-19-2013, 04:14 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I'm predicting NIN for a Coachella appearance next year. They haven't announced any shows on the day of the festival yet, and NIN performed there in 2005, and HDTA this last year so it seems likely.

WorzelG
11-19-2013, 04:16 AM
I would say probably the main reason to go to Manchester was if you were a massive Beatles fan and wanted to visit Liverpool to see Abbey Rd etc (and take that annoying photo on the pedestrian crossing that holds up all the traffic)

icklekitty
11-19-2013, 04:32 AM
I'd say Glasgow is a good alternative to London as Edinburgh is only 45 mins away so you're getting two cities for the price of one. And all that rolling mystical countryside shit and the fact that Scotland is only really ever sunny for those two months of the year, so it's then or never.

I've completely missed this Russian speculation - what are the proposed dates?

fillow
11-19-2013, 04:56 AM
I've completely missed this Russian speculation - what are the proposed dates?
June 13/15.
Goddamit I'm gonna miss the first few days of the World Cup. Should be worth it tho.

rhet
11-19-2013, 05:11 AM
I would say probably the main reason to go to Manchester was if you were a massive Beatles fan and wanted to visit Liverpool to see Abbey Rd etc (and take that annoying photo on the pedestrian crossing that holds up all the traffic)

i'm sure theres lots of other Beatles stuff in Liverpool but Abbey Road is in London.. my friend tried to drag me there yesterday while we were in the area. Tate Liverpool is really good though if you're into art but I agree that Glasgow/Edinburg are probably the most interesting places to visit up north.

Looks like my sister in law's place is a 5 minute walk from the Manchester venue so I think I'll be buying London presale and then closer to time if finances are ok hop up to Manchester :D

WorzelG
11-19-2013, 05:32 AM
^^^ha, as you can tell i'm not really a Beatles person, or a geography person (actually it was Penny Lane I was thinking of)

Just found out, Cardiff is £35 plus booking fee - what a great price!

rhet
11-19-2013, 06:18 AM
i'm not great with UK geography either but my friend is fucking obsessed with the Beatles and went to Abbey Road with her wedding party when she got married.

sukey
11-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Oh good. The UK tour is literally in the middle of my university finals. I'll buy tickets to Glasgow anyway I guess. And maybe London. Music > degree.

simonn
11-19-2013, 06:54 AM
London tickets £40/£45. Very surprised! Makes me immediately think 'no full production then'.

http://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/nine-inch-nails

icklekitty
11-19-2013, 07:16 AM
If that's true they have no excuse not to play my beloved Brixton. *narrows eyes*

Oh good. The UK tour is literally in the middle of my university finals. I'll buy tickets to Glasgow anyway I guess. And maybe London. Music > degree.

Lots of the shows are on weekends which helps. I "did my dissertation" while on the 2007 tour.

simonn
11-19-2013, 07:20 AM
If that's true they have no excuse not to play my beloved Brixton. *narrows eyes*

Think those days are gone:(

scorpiusdiamond
11-19-2013, 07:34 AM
So Cardiff peeps, as I know there's a couple of you on here, this as an option for a seating show for me. Looking at videos on youtube it seems like quite a wide arena, so the side views look quite far away. Is the view from the seats opposite the stage good or too far away. Or are the side seats better than I'm seeing?

And yes, would love to see Palladino on bass, he's got some funk going on!

Capacity for the Motorpoint is 7500. You can find some videos on YouTube from the balconies in the arena if you look hard enough. It depends on if they put extra seats in as well though, and if so they'll be at the very back

[Shep]
11-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Looks like I have some mates coming with me to Manchester, but will doing the Glasgow show alone (my first nin show solo).

rhet
11-19-2013, 07:45 AM
yeah i'd be pretty pissed as well if we have to deal with arena crowds but don't get the arena production.

monkeyarse
11-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Cardiff is such a shit venue... The sound there is awful, and it's one of the few places where you simply wont get a good view from anywhere except the seats.... The rest though! Yeaaaaahhhhhhh

scotty79
11-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Hydro tickets are £30-£35 it says on their website, decent price

Frydek
11-19-2013, 09:13 AM
In the interview with Zane Lowe, Trent said something to the effect of 'once this leg of the tour is over, that's gone. We'll have something completely different by the time we're over there.'

dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I want a huge light show real bad, but I'd also be well up for some rarities being played.

Man, I am EXCITED.

Didn't he say that about the Festival Tour being totally different from Tension?

fillow
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I said it already and will say again: if the production level will at least match the summer festivals shows (the proper ones, not Reading), it already will be the biggest overseas production they ever did (well, along with the festival run of course). Can see any reason why it won't - they did it this year, why not the next tear again.

WorzelG
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Cardiff is such a shit venue... The sound there is awful, and it's one of the few places where you simply wont get a good view from anywhere except the seats.... The rest though! Yeaaaaahhhhhhh

Is it OK if you get presale standing for the rail though?? Also, I've read a few reviews on the tour forums from venues with shit sound where they sounded good (Staples in LA)

About the show, I expect some 'trimmings' after Trent said 'all the trimmings' on that Zane Lowe show even if it isn't the same as the Tension show. I haven't even seen an LED NIN logo yet dammit!

Scarlet Siren
11-19-2013, 09:52 AM
In the interview with Zane Lowe, Trent said something to the effect of 'once this leg of the tour is over, that's gone. We'll have something completely different by the time we're over there.'

dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I want a huge light show real bad, but I'd also be well up for some rarities being played.

Man, I am EXCITED.

Last night before support came on I was chatting to one of the NIN staff and he brought it up himself that next years shows will be completely different to Tension. He had a big knowing grin and said 'It's like nothing we've seen before' or words to that effect. He wouldn't give me more than that unfortunately. But I think you should be excited and confident we're in for something incredible - I know I am!

icklekitty
11-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Well so long as they're aware of how often Europe has been spoiled with tours by Rammstein and Kylie, they're welcome to impress us in a new way.

sheepdean
11-19-2013, 10:09 AM
"Nine European Inch UK Nails" sounds like an order at a hardware store

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.modlife.com/custom/nin/nin_euro.png

xolotl
11-19-2013, 10:10 AM
He had a big knowing grin and said 'It's like nothing we've seen before' or words to that effect.

So: all-harpsichord-and-bagpipes NIN, then? Awesome. I look forward to the videos...

bowler_hat
11-19-2013, 11:03 AM
To be honest I'd be happy to see something in the league of the UK festival shows performed in an arena. I thought the festival show in the arena in Milan was phenomenal. I saw the Tension show in LA the other week and think I preferred Milan. Might just be me though!

sick among the pure
11-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Didn't he say that about the Festival Tour being totally different from Tension?

Are you implying the festival run and Tension were anything but totally different?

simonn
11-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Cheers for your reply, but due to circumstances beyond my control (my wife's job) I'll be going to London and Nottingham. Annoyed at the tour routing to be honest. Surely would've made much more sense to have the Cardiff and Birmingham gigs one after the other, but presumably there are circumstances for that decision.

simonn
11-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Last night before support came on I was chatting to one of the NIN staff and he brought it up himself that next years shows will be completely different to Tension. He had a big knowing grin and said 'It's like nothing we've seen before' or words to that effect. He wouldn't give me more than that unfortunately. But I think you should be excited and confident we're in for something incredible - I know I am!

That's what I wanted to hear! That's got me pumped.

dlb
11-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Hope I'll be able to go to the London show. I'm still holding on for German dates. I need to see at least two shows next year!

acidpolly
11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
damn I am a bit worried about tomorrow. do you guys think it will be possible to get tickets to two shows taking into account they go on sale at the same time? I'm thinking about London (of course) and Manchester.

jmtd
11-19-2013, 03:19 PM
I dunno. Who knows? I wouldn't worry. Whatever will be will be.

simonn
11-19-2013, 03:54 PM
damn I am a bit worried about tomorrow. do you guys think it will be possible to get tickets to two shows taking into account they go on sale at the same time? I'm thinking about London (of course) and Manchester.

In case you're not aware, the London show also has an O2 presale from 9am tomorrow if you know anyone who has an O2 phone.

acidpolly
11-19-2013, 03:58 PM
In case you're not aware, the London show also has an O2 presale from 9am tomorrow if you know anyone who has an O2 phone.
but it's not NIN presale I assume?

simonn
11-19-2013, 05:04 PM
but it's not NIN presale I assume?

No, but a second opportunity to get tickets before joe public if you fail at nin presale.

WorzelG
11-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Aagh, so my sister has a nin.com account and I was going to get tickets for London using her details - but her email address she used to access it no longer exists - how do you go into 'my account' to change an email address? There must be a way surely?

Just thought outside the box and signed her up with a new account using her proper email!

acidpolly
11-19-2013, 05:28 PM
No, but a second opportunity to get tickets before joe public if you fail at nin presale.
oh I'm sure there'll be no problem buying normal tickets, I just care about getting presale :) but thanks for the heads up anyway

Frydek
11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Are you implying the festival run and Tension were anything but totally different?

No no I'm saying the opposite.

I don't really remember Zane Lowe's interview to be honest.
I remember TR saying in this interview or another one that the festival run last summer would be totally different from Tension.

Did he say that the forthcoming European tour would be again different from Tension? He seems insane enough for that so it wouldn't surprise me. I'd love to see the Tension production in Europe though.

Microwave Jellyfish
11-19-2013, 07:17 PM
* All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No name transfers. No exceptions. Please do not purchase tickets for a show you are not certain you can attend.
Meh. Makes sense, I guess.

There should be a reasonable limit when it comes to pre-sale tickets, right? I mean, it can't sell out before the actual sale begins, can it?

monkeyarse
11-19-2013, 07:33 PM

Nope. You're fucked. Pick one, sacrifice the other.

miss k bee
11-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Misread the thing so the presale is this morning!. Just back from 02 might as well not go to sleep!

m15a
11-19-2013, 08:17 PM
No no I'm saying the opposite.

I don't really remember Zane Lowe's interview to be honest.
I remember TR saying in this interview or another one that the festival run last summer would be totally different from Tension.

Did he say that the forthcoming European tour would be again different from Tension? He seems insane enough for that so it wouldn't surprise me. I'd love to see the Tension production in Europe though.

in the new interview, trent said that the next leg would also be different.

he mentioned something about how NIN as a live act could be more rock (like the festivals), more electronic (like the NA Tension tour), or more post rock/ambient (like . . ????). but who knows whether that's a hint of what's to come or just a reflection on the planning process for Tension.

jessamineny
11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Meh. Makes sense, I guess.

There should be a reasonable limit when it comes to pre-sale tickets, right? I mean, it can't sell out before the actual sale begins, can it?

The nin.com presale is 8% to 10% of the total seats, from what I've heard. There might also be radio station/credit card/etc. presales. They could be unlimited -- HTDA's Chicago sale, for instance, sold out in that kind of presale.

rhet
11-20-2013, 03:06 AM
tickets secured! :D god that was so much less painful than Scala thankfully.

Mutilated
11-20-2013, 03:08 AM
SHIT

At this moment there are not enough tickets available to fulfill your request. Please try again using a lower quantity of tickets or choosing a different ticket type.

Currently there are not enough General Admission tickets to fulfill your request.

slave2thewage
Got Birmingham and Cardiff, icklekitty got me my London seat. EEEEEEEEEE.

sheepdean
Christ, £10 fees? Rather defeats the point of the presales being cheaper

scorpiusdiamond
11-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Got all three of my tickets sorted, that's gonna burn my bank account a little.

The Reason Being
11-20-2013, 03:10 AM
How

How is this happening to me

katara
11-20-2013, 03:11 AM
£50 for a ticket is so much higher than when I last saw them in 2009. :(

Oh well. At least I got a ticket.

nufan
11-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Got Birmingham and Cardiff :-) didn't like my new credit card, ah well.

jmtd
Sorry WorzelG, I facepalmed your wrong post, but your Manchester/Liverpool/Beatles missive was such a face palm I guess it counts for two.

4x Manchester secured! But 40GBP handling fees, seriously? What a piece of shit.

[parasite]
2 for me @theO2, that was very easy

miss k bee
Well that was a waste of time!
Will just buy on Friday or later and more expensively on Viagogo with free alcohol!

Mutilated
11-20-2013, 03:13 AM
London pre-sale gone already??!?!?! Fuck this shit

sore_and_crucified
11-20-2013, 03:13 AM
The handling fee's are a bit high. £5 maybe. What's going on? Anyway....Manchester and Nottingham booked. Thought about London, but, here's hoping to a Brixton date at the beginning, a warm up perhaps???

[Shep]
11-20-2013, 03:14 AM
4x Manchester and 1x for Glasgow sorted. (alot easier than I thought it would be)

Al_Hunter
11-20-2013, 03:16 AM
2 for Nottingham. Anyone else off here going that might want to meet up or anything? The fees were ludicrous, I'll second that. £20.10 for 2 tickets is madness, especially given that all they're doing for that £20.10 is printing the ticket and handing it over to me. I don't mind paying fees where I can see some obvious justification. Truth be told, had the tickets been £8 more each and the fees been £4 I'd have been absolutely fine with that, and still have been paying the same.

Digital Twilight
11-20-2013, 03:17 AM
I got a couple for London but through O2 Priority. Saved myself about £7/8 doing it with them rather than NIN. £91.75 was the total with O2.

scorpiusdiamond
11-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Do you think it might be the whole 15 minute early/extra queue thing? It's something that's a rarity at concerts and LiveNation might have kicked up an expensive fuss about it.

WorzelG
11-20-2013, 03:19 AM
Woah, looks like I got there just in time - got 3 seats for London and 2 GA for Cardiff (and hopefully a friend has got 2 for Birmingham). They better treat us nice for £10 per ticket! Still £48 each for best seats and early entry, possible soundcheck is really good I think

antpatty
got Manchester but no multiple shows for me next year these tickets are way too pricey there is no way Trent could sell out a full UK arena tour at these prices

rhet
i can't believe its £10 per ticket..for that price i would have thought the fees would be per order.

[Shep]
11-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Just a thought, i'll be arriving with friends who are getting tickets in the general sale. We will be allowed to enter together right?

miss k bee
11-20-2013, 03:25 AM
Well that was a waste of time!
Will just buy on Friday or later and more expensively on Viagogo with free alcohol!

Ok just managed to get a seated ticket on last attempt! Hello 02 I am coming again!

sheepdean
11-20-2013, 03:25 AM
i can't believe its £10 per ticket..for that price i would have thought the fees would be per order.
Wait really? I only bought one ticket due to funds, I assumed fee was per ticket too

acidpolly
11-20-2013, 03:28 AM
yeah, should't have worried, ended up getting Cardiff, London and Manchester. see you in May, brits! :)

rhet
11-20-2013, 03:28 AM
yeah I only bought 1 as well and didn't realise it was per ticket till other people were complaining about £20/£40 in fees

Christo
11-20-2013, 03:39 AM
Well that was good. 3rd row from the front in the block nearest the stage.

So people who booked through O2, did they reserve block 101 for you on the other side of the stage then as opposed to 112 for nin.com??

monkeyarse
11-20-2013, 03:39 AM
I just got some O2 standing right now? A pair.
You cant explain that.

acidpolly
11-20-2013, 03:48 AM
I just got some O2 standing right now? A pair.
You cant explain that.
well it happens. someone forgot their credit card numbers or didn't have enough money on it. so you should always keep on trying until it says "sold out" :)

fillow
11-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Everyone is always so butthurt about presale tickets, what's the deal with them? How are they different from the general sale tickets?
I'm just curious 'cause I've never dealt with them myself and have no idea.

k8mac
11-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Does anyone have contact details for NIN.COM? I just purchased 2 tickets before remembering my NIN.COM account is in my maiden name and I've since married, I bought the tickets in my married name, now fretting I won't be allowed to pick them up :-(

icklekitty
11-20-2013, 04:04 AM
Tickets to three gigs secured within two minutes. I guess there are some upsides to seeing them in massive arenas.

Does anyone have contact details for NIN.COM? I just purchased 2 tickets before remembering my NIN.COM account is in my maiden name and I've since married, I bought the tickets in my married name, now fretting I won't be allowed to pick them up :-(

Just make sure you sort out the ID for your new name in the next six months. Should be pretty easy with marriages. otherwise nintix@musictoday.com

k8mac
11-20-2013, 04:08 AM
I've emailed them already. Stupidly I only noticed after buying them that the T&Cs state that the Will Collect name must match the name on your NIN.COM account, and it doesn't as I registered in my maiden name. Guess I'll just have to take my old and new passports along and pray that'll be OK...

WorzelG
11-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Well that was good. 3rd row from the front in the block nearest the stage.

So people who booked through O2, did they reserve block 101 for you on the other side of the stage then as opposed to 112 for nin.com??

I got block 101 tickets through nin.com

monkeyarse
11-20-2013, 04:25 AM
I've emailed them already. Stupidly I only noticed after buying them that the T&Cs state that the Will Collect name must match the name on your NIN.COM account, and it doesn't as I registered in my maiden name. Guess I'll just have to take my old and new passports along and pray that'll be OK...

I dont know. I'd be worried if i were you. For the Hendry Fonda in 2009, i asked them to change my name to another person's name entirely a week or two before the show, and they did it without question, so i'd watch yourself..

acidpolly
11-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Everyone is always so butthurt about presale tickets, what's the deal with them? How are they different from the general sale tickets?
I'm just curious 'cause I've never dealt with them myself and have no idea.
presale tickets allow you to enter earlier so if you want to be on the rail that's the only way to make it happen. also you get better seats if you go for seats.

Cyanophore
11-20-2013, 05:26 AM
My Will call name doesn't match my account name either... I've emailed them to ask if it would be possible to change the name on my account, can they do this?
So worried as I've bought tickets for three other people... this could turn out to be a pretty expensive fuck up.

fillow
11-20-2013, 05:27 AM
Got it. Basically, no profits for me. I hate sitting (unless I'm tired as fuck at the festival, but that's another story), and the rail is too close.

GibbonBlack
11-20-2013, 05:50 AM
My Will call name doesn't match my account name either... I've emailed them to ask if it would be possible to change the name on my account, can they do this?
So worried as I've bought tickets for three other people... this could turn out to be a pretty expensive fuck up.

can you let me know what the reply is? I have no idea if my nin.com account is under my name or my handle.

Cyanophore
11-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Yeah will do. I might be being dumb but I see no way to edit my name anywhere. I tried to log into nin.com on the forum part of the site but it's not accepting my username or password even though it worked and allowed me to buy the tickets.
Surely what matters is that the I.D matches the call name you put down when purchasing the tickets?

WorzelG
11-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Here's a question about pre-sales, on the emails sent to the US people it says all of your party has to be there and checked in together, no ins/outs etc. Is this just for general admission people or seated people as well? It's just that at the 02 in 2009 we arrived after work and my sister was stuck in the queue for 90 mins, so this time she may want to pick up the tickets earlier and then meet everyone else later but not all at the same time

Ash512
11-20-2013, 06:52 AM
So Europe 2014 won't be Tension all over again… Then I definitely need to hit a few dates while I'm there.
Now that it's pretty much over and I've had time to reflect, even though I enjoyed the experience and manage to see a bunch of setlist variations, I was generally underwhelmed with Tension. Guess I shouldn't have been expecting LITS part 2.

simonn
11-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Got tickets for the O2 (standing) and Nottingham (seat). At one stage I had a row A seat but had to give it up as I realised I'd entered my details incorrectly. Row B's not too shabby though! £90 for 2 tickets is pretty agreeable in my book - bearing in mind some of the prices I saw quoted for the US tour.

Al_hunter - I'll be around for a pre-gig pint if you fancy a meet up. Having had a quick look at your Twitter account, I
see you're also a LFC fan, like me. With that and NIN, plenty to chat about I'm sure!

simonn
11-20-2013, 06:55 AM
presale tickets allow you to enter earlier so if you want to be on the rail that's the only way to make it happen. also you get better seats if you go for seats.

And you don't have to fret on the day of the general sale that they'll have already sold out....

chicken-royal
11-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Got standing tickets for Glasgow. That process was much easier than trying to get tickets for the Scala show.

Scarlet Siren
11-20-2013, 07:46 AM
I landed about an hour ago so totally missed out on presale. And my friend didn't get back to me in time so couldn't help out.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for Friday

rhet
11-20-2013, 07:52 AM
I landed about an hour ago so totally missed out on presale. And my friend didn't get back to me in time so couldn't help out.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for Friday

Wish I had known, coulda bought you one!

maryelle
11-20-2013, 07:53 AM

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but what needs to match is:

The name on your ID = the name you put on the ticket order.

I.e., if your account name on nin.com is "Fuzzybutt McFloofles" but your real name is John Smith, you would need to put John Smith on the ticket order and have your ID in the name of John Smith.

;153016']Just a thought, i'll be arriving with friends who are getting tickets in the general sale. We will be allowed to enter together right?

You will have to wait for them - they cannot enter with you in the early-entry presale nin.com ticket line. You, on the other hand, can go in anytime you want.

Scarlet Siren
11-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Wish I had known, coulda bought you one!

Thank you darling <3. It's ok. My friend got us tickets for the first 3 dates, I was supposed to try and get the last 3, I've let her down so will have do something about it on Friday.

Thanks again! ;)

Cyanophore
11-20-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but what needs to match is:

The name on your ID = the name you put on the ticket order.

I.e., if your account name on nin.com is "Fuzzybutt McFloofles" but your real name is John Smith, you would need to put John Smith on the ticket order and have your ID in the name of John Smith.

Ah okay so the will call name DOESN'T have to match the one on my account? Yeah the name I put down as my will call is obviously my actual name, so my I.D will correlate. I just got confused as the website said:
"The pre-sale tickets available from NIN.com are non-transferable and the will call name must match the name on your NIN.com account -"

But thank you, this is good news! :)

maryelle
11-20-2013, 08:13 AM
^^OK I am still not sure if "name on your nin.com account" means your screen name or your account (possibly fake) name. Most people do not use their real names as their screen name. I, for instance, have NO name on my nin.com account. I left the fields blank - just checked to be sure - no name, address, etc.

From the presale T&C page (the one before the captcha page), it reads: "**THE CUSTOMER WHOSE NAME APPEARS ON THE TICKETS MUST ATTEND THE EVENT AND PRESENT A VALID PHOTO ID TO PICK UP THEIR TICKETS AND MUST IMMEDIATELY ENTER THE
VENUE WITH THE REST OF HIS OR HER PARTY."

On another note, I have done the captcha more than 25 times and it will not work. I am definitely typing them correctly and have a screenshot to prove it. They need to change that fucking system.

Edit: the name you put in the circled red fields needs to match your ID. That's what they will look for on the presale list.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2uh64vp.jpg

Scarlet Siren
11-20-2013, 08:19 AM
My friend finally got back to me, we have tickets for Cardiff, B'ham and Glasgow!! Woo!!!

icklekitty
11-20-2013, 08:21 AM
I don't understand the need for the CAPTCHA. If a robot/scalper logs in to buy the ticket it'll still have to show up with photo ID to get them.

rhet
11-20-2013, 08:38 AM
i always panic and type them wrong during the presale rush..had to retype it at least 3 times because of the case was wrong or misread a letter. theres much better ones as well now..i've had ones that ask you a question every human would know like what colour is snow or something.

sheepdean
11-20-2013, 08:47 AM
I don't understand the need for the CAPTCHA. If a robot/scalper logs in to buy the ticket it'll still have to show up with photo ID to get them.
I don't mind CAPTCHAs, but non-colourblind friendly, case-sensitive ones can suck a dick

maryelle
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Well I didn't buy any tickets but I would do London-Nottingham-Manchester, presale GA only - not interested in seats or regular non-presale GA - so if anyone bought extras and wants to coordinate things, hit me up.

Al_Hunter
11-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Pretty disappointing that this is still​ allowed to happen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-Tickets-Glasgow-/161155277593?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item25859a6319 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-Tickets-Glasgow-/161155277593?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item25859a6319)

maryelle
11-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Pretty disappointing that this is still​ allowed to happen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-Tickets-Glasgow-/161155277593?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item25859a6319 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nine-Inch-Nails-Tickets-Glasgow-/161155277593?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item25859a6319)

They must be promoter tickets or others that were set aside from the general pool. That's never going to stop happening no matter what measures any band puts in place, b/c there will always be blocks set aside like that.

Honestly anyone who buys those now is a stupid fool. The regular tix haven't even gone on sale yet! Why pay such a high price now? At least wait until desperation sets in.

Or I guess it could be a sleazy fan who bought more than one presale and intends to go in with the buyer of this ticket, which is technically "OK." I doubt too many nin.com account people even think to do that though. Maybe I'm naive.

Kamelion
11-20-2013, 09:32 AM
OK, I had the same issue where my will call name isn't my account name - it autofilled as my wife's name because we used her credit card. I panicked and screamed for about an hour, then I emailed Music Today. Here is their response: Hello,

The name on the will call list is xxxxx xxxxx.

Only the person whose name is on the will call list can pick up the tickets with a picture ID and a copy of the e-mail confirmation of the order to present to the box office the night of the show.

Thank you,

Ticketing Customer Service Department. So for folks in the same boat, this might be good news - so long as the person named in the will call is there with ID, it should be fine. All that stuff about nin.com name needing to match will call name doesn't seem to be an issue...

icklekitty
11-20-2013, 09:38 AM
FYI - Birmingham and Nottingham tickets appear to still be available - maryelle

maryelle
11-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Yes - see the picture I posted a few above. Whatever name is in the Will Call box is who has to pick up the tix. The credit card name doesn't matter; the name ON the nin.com account doesn't matter.

Kamelion
11-20-2013, 09:44 AM
It never said that the nin.com name needed to match anything.
There is a line in the T&Cs that says this: “2) The pre-sale tickets available from NIN.com are non-transferable and the will call name must match the name on your NIN.com account” so that was a worry. But according to Music Today, it’s not an issue.

Whatever you write in the will call box, you need to make sure that you have photo ID to go with it.

That's why we were saying to the recently married person just bring pre/post-nuptual ID to go with whatever you wrote in that box. She has six months to get ID with her new name on it.
Yeah, it auto-filled my wife’s name in the will-call, but as she’s coming along it’s not an issue J

Luckily for you you're going with your wife!
I am this time. No repeats of Scala here!!

;)

maryelle
11-20-2013, 09:46 AM
FYI - Birmingham and Nottingham tickets appear to still be available - @maryelle (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=65)

Only for seats though, I think - do not want seats! I will check again though. :-)

Edit: Birmingham does still have GA but I prefer to go to London and onward - seems like an easier trip and the timing is better for me.

I'm not too worried - I can just about always find tickets before the show somehow. Once I start having to book a flight, then I'll get a little nervous!

Cyanophore
11-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Can confirm the name on NIN.com does not have to match, as others have pointed out it simply has to match the will call name that was entered upon purchasing the tickets:

Response Via Email (Jaime)
11/20/2013 10:31 AM

As long as the name on Will Call associated with the order matches your picture ID, you will be able to gain entry to the event.

Thank you,
Ticketing Customer Service Department, Music Today"

So excited to finally be able to say I have freaking NIN tickets and I'll be allowed to get in! Thank you to everyone who helped me out, I was getting pretty neurotic about it

*editted: formatting

witte
11-20-2013, 11:24 AM
F**KERS
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=161155277787&pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&_osacat=0&hash=item25859a63db&_ssn=stubhub_uk&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1311.R1.TR9.TRC0.A0.XNine+i nch&_nkw=nine+inch+nails&_sacat=0&_from=R40

GibbonBlack
11-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Can confirm the name on NIN.com does not have to match, as others have pointed out it simply has to match the will call name that was entered upon purchasing the tickets:

Response Via Email (Jaime)
11/20/2013 10:31 AM

As long as the name on Will Call associated with the order matches your picture ID, you will be able to gain entry to the event.

Thank you,
Ticketing Customer Service Department, Music Today"

So excited to finally be able to say I have freaking NIN tickets and I'll be allowed to get in! Thank you to everyone who helped me out, I was getting pretty neurotic about it

*editted: formatting

Phew!

[ten characters]

scotty79
11-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I just got an email from ticketsoup saying they're having a pre sale tomorrow at 9am for anyone who couldn't or didn't manage to get any today, would they release more standing or would have all those just gone on the nin pre sale?

Al_Hunter
11-20-2013, 12:19 PM
F**KERS
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=161155277787&pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&_osacat=0&hash=item25859a63db&_ssn=stubhub_uk&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1311.R1.TR9.TRC0.A0.XNine+i nch&_nkw=nine+inch+nails&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Yep - I posted a similar link on the last page of this thread. Frustrating that anyone would be stupid enoughto buy these but you know they'll sell and thus make the seller or company a lot of money in the process.

Frydek
11-20-2013, 12:46 PM
in the new interview, trent said that the next leg would also be different.

Ah that makes more sense. I was wondering if my ears were still working.
I guess I must have missed it.

Kyle
11-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Don't know if this has been discussed here yet or not, but http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/20/the-rolling-stones-australia-tour-date-march_n_4309118.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592 For a minute, I thought that was specifically timed for when NIN would be finishing up their Australia/NZ shows, but they actually have a show that same night (the last of the tour) in New Zealand. Since Lisa obviously can't be in two places at once and as much as I have my favorites, it's clear that she's a fixture with the Stones and that they've been good to her over the years, I wonder what this means for the NIN/QOTSA tour. Especially in light of Trent's recent comments about how each tour is going to be something different and that once this tour is over in a couple weeks, that NIN show is over also.

echoespaul
11-20-2013, 03:40 PM
tickets secured! :D god that was so much less painful than Scala thankfully.

So much easier for me. Helped I wasn't in the middle of a forest on a train trying to order on an iPhone like with Scala. I got one ticket for O2 arena, exact same block as I had for "Wave Goodbye" but closer. Couldn't be happier. Can't wait.

scorpiusdiamond
11-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Service fee overcharged! Looks like we're getting a sweet ol' refund of £4 per ticket

miss k bee
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Service fee overcharged! Looks like we're getting a sweet ol' refund of £4 per ticket

Yep just got the email!

rhet
11-20-2013, 04:10 PM
just got the email as well :D £6.2 in fees is still kind of a lot to me but not quite as insane as £10

[parasite]
11-20-2013, 04:22 PM
me too, £7.90 back for me

jmtd
11-20-2013, 04:38 PM
So how does that stub hub stuff work? Are you expected to meet up with your scalper and accompany them into the gig?

m15a
11-20-2013, 04:46 PM
So how does that stub hub stuff work? Are you expected to meet up with your scalper and accompany them into the gig?

no. the way stubhub is supposed to work is that you buy the tickets, and they are sent to you (by mail or electronically as PDF) so you can use them without restriction. restricted tickets like nin.com presale tickets aren't supposed to be sold on stubhub. (you're allowed to use ticketmaster tickets bought off stubhub even with the other person's name on them. not sure about other ticket sellers.)

EDIT: those are the US rules, btw. dunno if it works differently elsewhere.

kenthebear
11-20-2013, 06:03 PM
fuck, they're really pushing this tour.

i bought nme today (shut up don't laugh), saw a nin advert between arctic monkeys and beady eye
then i bought kerrang (i'm cool i swear), 4 pages of nin adverts
then i went to the phones4u arena and saw a poster and fliers absolutely everywhere

i don't know who is promoting this tour this time around because the 2009 tour had nothing, but props to them

Microwave Jellyfish
11-20-2013, 06:17 PM
^I skimmed through Kerrang! today at ASDA, and yeah, it was quite surprising. One of the four pages was only the logo for NIN and O2. Another one the same thing with inverted colors.

Does the issue have any NIN-material in it besides the ads?

arsenic
11-21-2013, 03:06 AM
I just got an email from modlife:

PRESALE TICKETING INFORMATION (http://tour.nin.com/ticket-info-euro)

DATE
CITY
VENUE
TICKETS
PROMOTER PRE-SALE
NIN.COM PRE-SALE

Riga, Latvia
Arena Riga
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 9:00am EET
N/A
11.25 5:00pm EET

Helsinki, Finland
Hartwall Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
11.25 6:30pm EET

Stockholm, Sweden
Hovet
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 9:00am CET
N/A
11.25 5:00pm CET

Oslo, Norway
Spektrum
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
11.25 4:00pm CET

Copenhagen, Denmark
Forum
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 10:00am CET
11.25 10:00am CET
N/A

Berlin, Germany
Zitadelle
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Luxembourg
Rockhal
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
11.25 4:30pm CET

Birmingham, UK
LG Arena
w/ Cold Cave
11.22 9:00am GMT
N/A
On-Sale (http://tour.nin.com/ticketlink?l=aHR0cDovL25pbi50aWNrZXRzLm11c2ljdG9kY XkuY29tL05pbmVJbmNoTmFpbHMvbGFuZGluZ19wYWdlLmFzcHg =)

Glasgow, UK
Hydro Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Cardiff, UK
Motorpoint Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

London, UK
The O2
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Nottingham, UK
Capital FM Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Manchester, UK
Phones 4u Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Amsterdam, Holland
Heineken Music Hall
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Antwerp, Belgium
Lotto Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
N/A

Paris, France
Le Zenith
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Bologna, Italy
Unipol Arena
w/ Cold Cave
On-Sale (http://www.ticketone.it/nine-inch-nails-biglietti.html?affiliate=ITT&doc=artistPages/tickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&kuid=462013)
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Zurich, Switzerland
Hallenstadion
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A
11.25 5:30pm CET

Vienna, Austria
Stadthalle
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Katowice, Poland
Spodek
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A

St. Peterburg, Russia
Ice Palace
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A
N/A

Moscow, Russia
Crocus Hall
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 2:00pm MSK
N/A
N/A

Kiev, Ukraine
Stereoplaza
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A
N/A

Budapest, Hungary
Budapest Arena
w/ Cold Cave
11.26 10:00am CET
On-Sale (http://presale.ticketpro.hu/index.php?event=3496)PW: nin2014
N/A

Prague, Czech Republic
O2 Arena
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 8:00am CET
N/A
N/A

This tour leg is exactly in the middle of my school's exams, damn.

kitz
11-21-2013, 03:09 AM
I jumped in my chair when I saw the news that they are playing in Budapest again, but I think the venue is way too big for them.

when they played here in 2009 they couldn't sell out a lot smaller venue.
I'm a bit worried to be honest.

hani
11-21-2013, 03:15 AM
JESUS FUKN CHRIST

THEY

they're coming to POLAND

manly tears are being shed right now

I WAITED FOR THIS SO LONG

ManBurning
11-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Wow, this is a pretty extensive tour. I really hope he doesn't burn himself out. When NIN tours, NIN tours hard. Now I see why Eric Avery backed out of this, as he said the dates kept growing and growing. I'd be pretty intimidated with all these dates myself in the course of 1 year.

I always wanted to visit some overseas countrys in Europe... and now almost seems as good as time as ever, hah... but I told myself, no traveling in 2014... Need to save for a house. It's seriously tempting to want to travel overseas for some of these shows...

ryanp16
11-21-2013, 03:18 AM
This is bullshit

Wasn't it leaked a few months back though that they were playing somewhere in Spain? A promoter or venue or something said it I think...

kitz
11-21-2013, 03:36 AM
Maybe I'm getting older, but I'm seriously thinking about getting seats instead of GA. I want to see the visuals and all the pretty things this time. (and I have exams in june, so I don't really want to queue at all)

martin_b
11-21-2013, 03:41 AM
JESUS FUKN CHRIST

THEY

they're coming to POLAND

manly tears are being shed right now

I WAITED FOR THIS SO LONG

You have stolen the idea for my comment! ;-)

Ow my... THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

Well, it's time to reserve some time for nin.com pre-sale time to book Berlin and Katowice tickets... :-D

ManBurning
11-21-2013, 03:41 AM
This is bullshit

Wasn't it leaked a few months back though that they were playing somewhere in Spain? A promoter or venue or something said it I think...

You are correct... the original date was: Madrid Spain @ Sala Riviera - April 18, 2014.
This WAS the event page, but now it goes nowhere as the event has been deleted... http://www.last.fm/event/3593097+Nin...+18+April+2014 (http://www.last.fm/event/3593097+Nine+Inch+Nails+at+Sala+Riviera+on+18+Apri l+2014)

But are we really that surprised? We all know what happens to things that get leaked ahead of time, TR cuts the cord on it and says "tough luck, all I asked was you kept quiet about it until it was time and you couldn't even do that, so the event / touring member / product has been cancelled / fired"

dlb
11-21-2013, 03:50 AM
Ah shit, I'm a bit bummed that there's only one date in Germany, but yeah: Berlin here I come! Hope to see some of you there! :)

I actually planned to hit as many cities as I can, but this schedule is not too easy to plan my vacation on. I might do Vienna and Prague aswell. London is still in consideration. I'm bad at making traveling plans 6 months ahead...

WorzelG
11-21-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm really surprised they're not playing Dublin.

About the promotion, it was nice to go into facebook and see the Cardiff show actually promoted because of the area (not just because I liked their page!). I wouldn't be surprised if some tv appearances happened nearer the time

I don't remember all this promotion in 2007 when NIN were still with Interscope and toured the UK wonder if they had just given up on NIN and didn't bother?

Fangster_
11-21-2013, 04:11 AM
HELSINKI

I'm so fucking happy.

fillow
11-21-2013, 04:14 AM
http://alexandragetsreal.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shitgotreal.jpg

OF COURSE there's no Minsk date (I was an idiot to have even the slightest hope), but now I'm looking at not two but three shows (St Pete, Moscow and Kyiv).

kenthebear
11-21-2013, 04:30 AM
^I skimmed through Kerrang! today at ASDA, and yeah, it was quite surprising. One of the four pages was only the logo for NIN and O2. Another one the same thing with inverted colors.

Does the issue have any NIN-material in it besides the ads?

Just a little thing about Came Back Haunted being like #17 track of the year and bringing up the biffy incident, lol

konkelo
11-21-2013, 05:11 AM
FUCKING YES FINLAND IN MAY! I've been waiting for this.

Scarlet Siren
11-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Well that's my summer holidays sorted then! :D

That other guy
11-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Especially in light of Trent's recent comments about how each tour is going to be something different and that once this tour is over in a couple weeks, that NIN show is over also.

Curious as to where this was said??

slave2thewage
11-21-2013, 06:56 AM
You had one country to do, Trent. 30 minute flight from Manchester. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Kyle
11-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Curious as to where this was said??

Recent Zane Lowe interview.

It was on YouTube but I can't find it anymore.

slave2thewage
11-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Definites for me: Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Paris.
Highly likely doing: Stockholm.
Thinking about: Katowice.

Kamelion
11-21-2013, 07:47 AM
We got GA tickets for 02, seats for Nottingham, and will be aiming for GA tickets for Amsterdam. Seen NIN in Amsterdam on their last two tours, so this is a definite.

maryelle
11-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Decisions, decisions.

Anyone familiar with the logistics of traveling on the following routes: Helsinki-Stockholm-Oslo-Copenhagen; or Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg.

Other dates I'm interested in are: Amsterdam, Antwerp, Paris - but that is easy traveling.

Bologna-Zurich-Vienna would be a nice itinerary except for that 5-day break.

All this is assuming they don't have other Europe dates after Prague. If they do, I hope they announce those before the presales.

icklekitty
11-21-2013, 08:00 AM
There are a lot of free weekends on this tour. Signs point to early summer festivals? Do any match up with those dates?

F-JD
11-21-2013, 08:08 AM
There are a lot of free weekends on this tour. Signs point to early summer festivals? Do any match up with those dates?

The abscense of a Spanish date suggests they'll play Primavera Sound festival. Both Barcelona and Porto are a possibility with this schedule.

I'm in for Amsterdam, so excited!

hani
11-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Definites for me: Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Paris.
Highly likely doing: Stockholm.
Thinking about: Katowice.

come to Katowice, alcohol in Poland is fukn cheap man

kitz
11-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Does anybody know if Copenhagen, Antwerp and Budapest get a nin.com pre-sale option?

Highly Psychological
11-21-2013, 08:39 AM
If he decides to play festivals in Europe this summer, Glastonbury is a couple days after the last show in Prauge, NIN played there in 2000 the one where 50.000 people got in for free, on same day as David Bowie, it sold out now this year though, but I could see him playing Primevra Sound in Spain. However i dont know if he wants to do festivals on this lap. Euro festivals play a lot of money so if he wants to earn some more doe, he could stick around for a few more weeks, play Roskilde, T in the Park etc?? First wave of Festivals is in late June/July and the second is what he did last summer with Reading, Rock En Siene in August.
So its a possibility but dont hold your breath.

pukkelpop
11-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Antwerp, Paris and Amsterdam are easy travelling, indeed. One thalys (1hr from eachother)

I'm def. doing Manchester and Antwerp , maybe Stockholm too.

icklekitty
11-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Does anybody know if Copenhagen, Antwerp and Budapest get a nin.com pre-sale option?

No, the email says it doesn't have one.

I just got an email from modlife:

PRESALE TICKETING INFORMATION (http://tour.nin.com/ticket-info-euro)

DATE
CITY
VENUE
TICKETS
PROMOTER PRE-SALE
NIN.COM PRE-SALE

Riga, Latvia
Arena Riga
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
11.25 5:00pm EET

Helsinki, Finland
Hartwall Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
11.25 6:30pm EET

Stockholm, Sweden
Hovet
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Oslo, Norway
Spektrum
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Copenhagen, Denmark
Forum
w/ Cold Cave
11.25 10:00am CET
N/A

Berlin, Germany
Zitadelle
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Luxembourg
Rockhal
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Birmingham, UK
LG Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
On-Sale (http://tour.nin.com/ticketlink?l=aHR0cDovL25pbi50aWNrZXRzLm11c2ljdG9kY XkuY29tL05pbmVJbmNoTmFpbHMvbGFuZGluZ19wYWdlLmFzcHg =)

Glasgow, UK
Hydro Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Cardiff, UK
Motorpoint Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

London, UK
The O2
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Nottingham, UK
Capital FM Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Manchester, UK
Phones 4u Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Amsterdam, Holland
Heineken Music Hall
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Antwerp, Belgium
Lotto Arena
w/ Cold Cave
N/A
N/A

Paris, France
Le Zenith
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Bologna, Italy
Unipol Arena
w/ Cold Cave
On-Sale (http://www.ticketone.it/nine-inch-nails-biglietti.html?affiliate=ITT&doc=artistPages/tickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&kuid=462013)
N/A
PRESALE ENDED

Zurich, Switzerland
Hallenstadion
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A
11.25 5:30pm CET

Vienna, Austria
Stadthalle
w/ Cold Cave
N/A

Katowice, Poland
Spodek
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A

St. Peterburg, Russia
Ice Palace
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A
N/A

Moscow, Russia
Crocus Hall
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 2:00pm MSK
N/A
N/A

Kiev, Ukraine
Stereoplaza
w/ Cold Cave
ON SALE TBA
N/A
N/A

Budapest, Hungary
Budapest Arena
w/ Cold Cave
11.26 10:00am CET
On-Sale (http://presale.ticketpro.hu/index.php?event=3496)PW: nin2014
N/A

Prague, Czech Republic
O2 Arena
w/ Cold Cave
11.29 8:00am CET
N/A
N/A

SarahConnor
11-21-2013, 10:27 AM
No information about where they'll be in April yet? Coachella, please!

Krazy
11-21-2013, 11:02 AM
No information about where they'll be in April yet? Coachella, please!

Pretty sure we can rule out any early 2014 US dates- they don't need to be constantly touring like WT-WG ('05-'09) and get burnt out.

Hoping for a mid to late summer US tour (possibly as early as mid July start??). Possibly/hopefully a mix of ampitheatres and arenas.

kitz
11-21-2013, 11:44 AM
No, the email says it doesn't have one.
thank you :)

Okay, bought my ticket. We will see if I'll have any exams around 19th. (damn it, stupid june!)

Frydek
11-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Recent Zane Lowe interview.

It was on YouTube but I can't find it anymore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03hk2vw/Zane_Lowe_Katy_B_Nine_Inch_Nails_Sia/

GavinCollins420
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Got my tickets to the Glasgow show.

YEAH BITCH.

Al_Hunter
11-21-2013, 02:05 PM
So, uh, anyone else get the email about being overcharged for fees and refunding £4 per ticket?

rhet
11-21-2013, 02:18 PM
So, uh, anyone else get the email about being overcharged for fees and refunding £4 per ticket?

yeah a bunch of us posted about it on the previous page.

Al_Hunter
11-21-2013, 03:57 PM
yeah a bunch of us posted about it on the previous page.

Ah... missed that. Can I facepalm my own post?!

[Shep]
11-21-2013, 04:15 PM

I'd have thought this was due to touring with young children in tow.

Al_Hunter
11-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Got tickets for the O2 (standing) and Nottingham (seat). At one stage I had a row A seat but had to give it up as I realised I'd entered my details incorrectly. Row B's not too shabby though! £90 for 2 tickets is pretty agreeable in my book - bearing in mind some of the prices I saw quoted for the US tour.

Al_hunter - I'll be around for a pre-gig pint if you fancy a meet up. Having had a quick look at your Twitter account, I
see you're also a LFC fan, like me. With that and NIN, plenty to chat about I'm sure!

Sorry, I only just saw this. Yea we'll see if we can hook something up. Dunno how familiar with Nottingham you are, but I'll probably head to the Old Angel for one beforehand - the guitarist in my band works the bar in there. I'll try to remember you and send a message shortly before the date and get in touch again :)

Reckon I might arrange for the wife and I to stop at the in-laws for the night since they live closer to Nottingham than we do so we can have a few drinks.

Microwave Jellyfish
11-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I jumped in my chair when I saw the news that they are playing in Budapest again, but I think the venue is way too big for them.

when they played here in 2009 they couldn't sell out a lot smaller venue.
I'm a bit worried to be honest.
Load up on guns, bring your friends. I wish I could be there, but nah, Manchester is my chance.

It really sucks that there's no refunds at ents24 either.

R-Dot-Yung
11-21-2013, 05:08 PM
I guess no US Amphitheater tour for 2014 :(

jessamineny
11-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I guess no US Amphitheater tour for 2014 :(

Why do you say that?

Krazy
11-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Why do you say that?

I'm not ruling it out but it is highly unlikely. Ampitheater tours generally start early summer/late spring. Judging by the Euro dates they wouldn't start playing til maybe late July agin in the US. Doesn't mean they won't tour at all though.

gorast
11-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Why do you say that?

I think the idea is that the European tour is stretching decently into 2014. But honestly, there's still an entire half-year to do another US tour, if he feels like it. A three-month break from June to September leaves tons of time for a tour similar to Tension's length.

simonn
11-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Sorry, I only just saw this. Yea we'll see if we can hook something up. Dunno how familiar with Nottingham you are, but I'll probably head to the Old Angel for one beforehand - the guitarist in my band works the bar in there. I'll try to remember you and send a message shortly before the date and get in touch again :)

Reckon I might arrange for the wife and I to stop at the in-laws for the night since they live closer to Nottingham than we do so we can have a few drinks.

Never been to Notingham before, but that sounds like a plan - though This One Is On Us are also setting up meets by the sounds of it too - they/he/she have tickets to all the UK gigs, so that might also be worth a visit I imagine.

https://twitter.com/Thisoneisonus/status/403089918261755905

Hopefully we'll sort something nearer the time, very much looking forward to it!

Al_Hunter
11-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Never been to Notingham before, but that sounds like a plan - though This One Is On Us are also setting up meets by the sounds of it too - they/he/she have tickets to all the UK gigs, so that might also be worth a visit I imagine.

https://twitter.com/Thisoneisonus/status/403089918261755905

Hopefully we'll sort something nearer the time, very much looking forward to it!

I don't use Twitter very frequently anymore, especially not posting anything - I tend to read a lot on there but rarely have much to say I can condense into 140 characters, so I've started using Twitter to gain Liverpool based stuff and the rest of the internet for everything else.

sukey
11-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Lots of the shows are on weekends which helps. I "did my dissertation" while on the 2007 tour.

I've got a Glasgow ticket so will just have to cross my fingers I don't have an exam the next morning. Although I've done it before with QOTSA and an exam the next morning and twas fine. Anyway, YAY NIN.

arsenic
11-22-2013, 03:21 AM
I was going to buy a ticket for the O2 in London, even if it's a few days before my exams but... there are no standing tickets available?

(I might go to Cardiff and Nottingham as well but I'm not sure yet)

Microwave Jellyfish
11-22-2013, 03:46 AM
^Same with Manchester, no stands. All sold out during the pre-sale, I guess?

arsenic
11-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Apparently yes, they sold out in 10 mins. I went through the process of buying one but by the time I filled all the details the tickets were unavailable again.

I completely underestimated the GA sale thinking "well the O2 arena is fairly big".

WorzelG
11-22-2013, 04:11 AM
I bet they've gone to a bunch of scalpers, I really hate those fuckers

Volband
11-22-2013, 04:22 AM
FUCK YES, BUDAPEST!:D

I just don't know which tickets to buy, cuz it only says PL1, PL2, etc, but I have no idea what's the difference between them, aside from the cost.

Scarlet Siren
11-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Got all 6 UK dates in the bag. My friend got the first three during pre-sale and I snagged the last three this morning.

Grinning! :D

SuperstarPJ
11-22-2013, 04:28 AM
^Same with Manchester, no stands. All sold out during the pre-sale, I guess?

I managed to get standing tickets for Manchester from http://eventim.co.uk so try there. Had no luck for standing at London though. Tried all the different ticket agencies.

Microwave Jellyfish
11-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Eh, pretty sad that you have to check about four sites that sell tickets to make sure.

/bitching

captainkurtz
11-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Glasgow/Brum/Budapest.

Excited.

icklekitty
11-22-2013, 07:55 AM
;153411']I'd have thought this was due to touring with young children in tow.

I don't understand?

Kyle
11-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I don't understand?

I don't think I do either. The kids are too young to be in school so every day is exactly the same. And if they were they'd either be at home for school or would have some sort of tutoring on the road both of which would negate the need for free weekends.

And yes I only posted this to make the EDITS pun.

[Shep]
11-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I don't understand?

I was assuming that it'd give them some days off to act as more of family unit, go out and do something rather than spend every day in an arena.

Dunno, just seemed like it could've been something they would've wanted to work into the tour schedule.

Kyle
11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
;153564']I was assuming that it'd give them some days off to act as more of family unit, go out and do something rather than spend every day in an arena.

Dunno, just seemed like it could've been something they would've wanted to work into the tour schedule.

Thats understandable but it could be any day. Actually when I work odd jobs I like having weekdays off rather than weekends. And in his line of work, you can sell more tickets on the weekend and spend time with the kids and missus during the week.

That other guy
11-22-2013, 09:28 AM
So I know you all in the UK are excited ( has it been announced if UK and AUS are tension style?)I would love to travel outside the US to see the sites and a great concert but cant afford it , also fully knowing the US tour isn't done yet , but i'm interested in the possible US 2014 tour dates possibly in late June / July. Hopefully will be Tension style.

WorzelG
11-22-2013, 10:29 AM
So I know you all in the UK are excited ( has it been announced if UK and AUS are tension style?)I would love to travel outside the US to see the sites and a great concert but cant afford it , also fully knowing the US tour isn't done yet , but i'm interested in the possible US 2014 tour dates possibly in late June / July. Hopefully will be Tension style.

He said that every 'chunk' of touring will be different, so Aus / Europe will both be different from Tension and both be different from each other. I wonder if Aus will have any QOTSA / NIN collaboration? (like the Dissonance tour).

m15a
11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
TR: "Something that’s keeping us all feel sane, though it ends up being more work, is to look at each leg of the tour as its own mini-tour. The festival tour was focused on aggression; this tour the focus, I would say, is the new album, deep-groove stuff. I think the next one is going to lean a bit more into electronics, and experiment with that a bit."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/nine-inch-nails-tension

there's a bit more info about the upcoming shows there.

EDIT: "this tour" means the NA shows. i'm guessing "the next one" means the some or all of the upcoming shows.

dlb
11-22-2013, 04:14 PM
GOt my London tickets. Seating but oh well... I'll be visiting a friend and stay for the whole weekend. Hopefully I have some luck on GA tickets for Berlin. But two shows is a minimum for me. Vienna is still a close call as I got friends there aswell for a sleep over.

Kyle
11-22-2013, 04:15 PM
TR: "Something that’s keeping us all feel sane, though it ends up being more work, is to look at each leg of the tour as its own mini-tour. The festival tour was focused on aggression; this tour the focus, I would say, is the new album, deep-groove stuff. I think the next one is going to lean a bit more into electronics, and experiment with that a bit."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/nine-inch-nails-tension

there's a bit more info about the upcoming shows there.

EDIT: "this tour" means the NA shows. i'm guessing "the next one" means the some or all of the upcoming shows.
Anybody want to buy me plane tickets?

simonn
11-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Electronic tour? Must mean Tetsuo is on the horizon then...

Kyle
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Electronic tour? Must mean Tetsuo is on the horizon then...

Fixed. In its entirety.

simonn
11-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Fixed. In its entirety.

Would like some Social Network/Dragon Tattoo thrown into the mix personally....I know he's dipped his toe in, but I want more! I'd die happy if Revealed In The Thaw was played just once, I know it's a long shot, but I just LOVE that song.

gorast
11-23-2013, 12:01 AM
An electronic-leaning tour would lend more credibility to TSN rearing its head in a live setting moreso than GDT.

I'm kind of surprised that Tension didn't feature a single GDT track, even as an interlude. Would've been great to hear What if We Could? live in Orlando.

Kyle
11-23-2013, 12:10 AM
An electronic-leaning tour would lend more credibility to TSN rearing its head in a live setting moreso than GDT.

I'm kind of surprised that Tension didn't feature a single GDT track, even as an interlude. Would've been great to hear What if We Could? live in Orlando.

As much as I love Somewhat Damaged, I'm still a bit bummed we didn't get WIWC/TWOIT at Made in America.

witte
11-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Zitadelle Berlin GER: I cannot find decent information about this venue.
Is it indeed in Spandau? Capacity 3000 and in the open air?
Can someone from Berlin/Germany clear this up?
Thnx

Fist Fuck
11-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Zitadelle Berlin GER: I cannot find decent information about this venue.
Is it indeed in Spandau? Capacity 3000 and in the open air?
Can someone from Berlin/Germany clear this up?
Thnx

Yep, I do believe so. MM played there in 2007 and I remember checking out the venue back then.

dlb
11-23-2013, 08:51 AM
It is indeed an open air location that got fairly popular over the years.

http://www.zitadelle-spandau.de/English_Version/english_version.html

witte
11-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Well, it'll be sold out in a few minutes, I think.
(Till now) the only german gig. Looks a little bit strange for a venue with a capacity of 3000.

dlb
11-23-2013, 09:05 AM
The capacity is variable from what I did read a few years back. Up to 10.000 people fit there appearently but info is very sparse on this. Since it appears to be standing all the way through I guess the chance of scoring a ticket is not too slim.

I already booked a meeting room at our office for myself to fully engage in the presale. :P

Oh yeah, London tickets are safe! Hope to meet some of you there! ;) I'm still planning on staying in Cambridge at a friends place or if I should stay in London until Sunday evening.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
11-23-2013, 11:39 AM
The capacity is variable from what I did read a few years back. Up to 10.000 people fit there appearently but info is very sparse on this. Since it appears to be standing all the way through I guess the chance of scoring a ticket is not too slim. The citadel is indeed a beautiful venue, I've seen QotSA there numerous times, sold out as usual, capacity about 10.000 max should be about right.I have my doubts that'll be the case with NIN though.Sound is rather decent for an outdoor venue, unfortunately by far not loud enough compared to other venues.Queens had 'full production' there, so in terms of light show etc. we might get a wee bit more than just some flashing LEDs - possibly not much more though since TR just stated some financial issues with the massive production.I don't mind, especially having seen a 'big show' once in my life in Milan this year. (Btw hello to everyone from a long time lurker!)

witte
11-23-2013, 12:59 PM
.......we might get a wee bit more than just some flashing LEDs - possibly not much more though since TR just stated some financial issues with the massive production....

Where did you get that information from?

xolotl
11-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Where did you get that information from?

This Buzzfeed article (http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/nine-inch-nails-tension), perhaps:

A production on the scale of Lights in the Sky or Tension requires a huge investment, and Reznor pays for much of it out of his own pocket. “Economically, it’s pretty stupid, and I’m being reminded of that right now,” he said. “The bills are showing up while I’m trying to pull this shit off.” As a result, the band is planning on a completely different and more streamlined production on upcoming legs around the world. “I can lose money, but I can’t lose that much money."

SarazenvonWolfenstein
11-23-2013, 01:50 PM
This Buzzfeed article (http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/nine-inch-nails-tension), perhaps:

Exactly.I think it's quite obvious that he can't continue investing in an economically 'stupid' project.I wonder if that also means personell reduction.No background singers = certainly no gems like ATLITW being played.

icecream
11-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I wonder if losing money will force them to do a scaled back second N.A leg of Tension? Or, if the money is already sunk in the lights etc.. then maybe another full blown Tension in late '14?

nashstat
11-23-2013, 02:53 PM
This makes sense. After watching two Tension shows, it is clearly obvious that a lot of hard work, sweat and money has gone in to this production. I don't know much about touring production costs, but besides the screens, those lights that go up and down and change in to shapes cannot be cheap! The show is like a 2 hour intense movie, you cannot leave your place, because you will miss on something.

I think the future shows will be like NINJA following LITS... minimalist production and varied set lists!

WorzelG
11-23-2013, 02:59 PM
^^^after losing out on the festival thing at Reading, I'll be well cheesed off if the lights are like the Wave Goodbye shows in 2009. It doesn't have to be Tension but not completely minimalist either

icecream
11-23-2013, 03:24 PM
He said he wants the European Tour to be electronic based so I expect cool lights. Maybe like the festival dates?

xolotl
11-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I wonder if that also means personell reduction.No background singers = certainly no gems like ATLITW being played.

I'd certainly hope that he'll be able to keep on the extra folks, at least. I imagine that the lighting+rigs+etc are probably far more expensive than keeping a few extra musicians on, if you factor in all the transportation, truck rentals, setup manpower, etc. I'd be curious to know how many extra stagehands each component of Tension ended up adding to their tour roster.

m15a
11-23-2013, 03:39 PM
gonna throw this out there as a wild guess. what about rob as a performing (on-stage) video/light artist? could work with the more electronic feel and could also keep the visuals interesting without much cost. in any case, cheap visuals aren't necessarily unimpressive.

otherwise, something NINJA-like (but without the JA) seems likely from what's said in the interview. maybe using the kraftwerk-type setup from the festivals again. although, who knows. maybe trent isn't even sure at this point, and the recent interviews are just what he happens to be thinking about right now.

in any case, i'm definitely jealous of those that are seeing shows on multiple legs.

WorzelG
11-23-2013, 03:49 PM
gonna throw this out there as a wild guess. what about rob as a performing (on-stage) video/light artist? could work with the more electronic feel and could also keep the visuals interesting without much cost. in any case, cheap visuals aren't necessarily unimpressive.

otherwise, something NINJA-like (but without the JA) seems likely from what's said in the interview. maybe using the kraftwerk-type setup from the festivals again. although, who knows. maybe trent isn't even sure at this point, and the recent interviews are just what he happens to be thinking about right now.

in any case, i'm definitely jealous of those that are seeing shows on multiple legs.
I'd be very happy with a show like the festival dates. However I've decided it's pointless to speculate as anything can change up to 5 days before the tour apparently!

With his musings on electronic based shows, I wonder if that's because of the Australia shows with QOTSA. I think an electronic based NIN would complement a rock based QOTSA show nicely without boring the crowds with 2 headliners in the same rock band format. (not that I would be bored but you know what I mean, casual fans of either band). I get the impression things will be changed up again for Europe

witte
11-23-2013, 05:03 PM
...and I'm getting pissed more and more!

icecream
11-23-2013, 06:05 PM
I wonder what this means for the future of NIN. Rob said in that Buzzfeed article that LITS didn't get the attention it deserved. Along with constantly touring after WT, I bet that was part of the reason for the hiatus of NIN. Then they came back for Tension, another visually impressive show, but it sounds like lots of the shows didn't sell very well this tour. I wonder if this the end of the LITS/Tension style light set up? Maybe we will see more shows like the Festival ones in the future. Trent and co. can't keep losing money every tour.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
11-23-2013, 08:09 PM
When did any tour get the attention it deserved?With the release of the new record it seems TR makes an attempt to be sort of more...dare I say it, mainstream (not musically though,fortunately), just to reach a wider audience.Ticket prices for the US leg of the tour were counterproductive imho, the more casual the fan, the less willing to pay a higher price, did they really expect to attract the masses?I don't think the general public knows how mindblowing a NIN show is, they might know some standard radio tunes and judge by that if it's 'worth attending' or not.

But as was mentioned before, speculations about upcoming shows are pointless.I'm just hoping for varied setlists,too.Fingers crossed for a ton of Fragile material!Oh, and a lot of rare and weird synths for Ally to play with.;)

WorzelG
11-24-2013, 12:00 AM
The only Songs from the Tension tour I've checked out In full on YouTube are While I'm Still Here / Black Noise and black noise sounds jaw-dropping, that's nothing to do with the visuals so I hope they continue playing that in the new shows

botley
11-24-2013, 02:22 AM
I feel like the shows at The Joint in Vegas, particularly the second night:

This show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_MWBozyI2Y)... spoilers I guess...

...could almost be a dry run for next year; it's same 8-piece lineup, but with no big moving screens or other heavy production & static setlist. If they really needed to cut back on band salaries, they could probably get Gail-Ann Dorsey. She plays groovy bass like Pino does, but can also wail like Lisa.

captainkurtz
11-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Good call on Gail Ann Dorsey - she would be amazing.....but she wouldn't come cheap, either.

billpulsipher
11-24-2013, 11:39 AM
personally, I could care less about big huge light shows. No idea where TR got this idea that he needs a monster stage production to pull off a good show. Just go out and play. Also this idea that he seems convinced NIN are a huge arena band seems bizarre as well. Its not 1995 anymore? They have problems selling out arenas for the most part, they should be playing smaller places...Phil Anselmo always talks about how his bands don't need lights or fire or any bullshit, they just come out and fucking play and the rest takes care of itself.... I would like to see TR drop the backup singers, drop this 20 piece band, drop the light show, do a stripped down tour playing a different setlist every night in smaller venues and it will come off a lot more naturally and he will probably have a lot more fun...

Kyle
11-24-2013, 11:47 AM
He probably got that crazy idea based off of the fact that a lot of people enjoy it. Crazy I know.

And the ticket sales haven't been the problem. It's the expenses. From what I understand the show I attended was one of the lesser attended shows and it was still decent. Not sold out 1995 style but on par with many other arena shows I've been to.

WorzelG
11-24-2013, 11:51 AM
personally, I could care less about big huge light shows. No idea where TR got this idea that he needs a monster stage production to pull off a good show. Just go out and play. Also this idea that he seems convinced NIN are a huge arena band seems bizarre as well. Its not 1995 anymore? They have problems selling out arenas for the most part, they should be playing smaller places...Phil Anselmo always talks about how his bands don't need lights or fire or any bullshit, they just come out and fucking play and the rest takes care of itself.... I would like to see TR drop the backup singers, drop this 20 piece band, drop the light show, do a stripped down tour playing a different setlist every night in smaller venues and it will come off a lot more naturally and he will probably have a lot more fun...
But then he'd get slagged off for not playing big enough venues when people can't get tickets. Take London as an example, in 2007 they started with one or two nights at Brixton Academy, but then ended up playing 5 nights which all sold out. They play the 02 everybody can go even if it doesn't completely sell out, and he gets to only sing one night and not completely fuck up his voice for the rest of the tour

maryelle
11-24-2013, 12:13 PM
The problem with doing venues that are smaller than arenas is that there is usually little or nothing in between a 15,000-20,000 capacity place and a 1,000-3,000 capacity place. The latter is too small to be suitable for a one-night appearance - which means to satisfy ticket demand and make enough to at least break even, in many locations they'd have to do multiple shows over several nights, which makes the overall tour longer. That is tiring and hard on the voice.

I loved seeing them in every club show I've seen them in but it's not physically or economically feasible to do that as the only type of venue on a year-long multi-country tour.

Kyle
11-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Which means either way Bill has something to complain about. It's a win-win situation.

maryelle
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Truth be told, I don't get much benefit out of the light show because I am up front and it's not really possible to see it up there. But, many many people - including those in the Non-Batshit Regular People Group (i.e., not people who participate in this board) - love it. It's a draw to "normal" fans. And it is an art piece in its entirety, which is something clearly important to Trent. He's always wanted a spectacle of some kind, whether that was smashing shit up and dressing like a goth voodoo doll or designing a stage that nobody else in music has even thought of doing, let alone actually put in place. I'm glad he does things like light shows at arenas and then the next leg just has some guys on a little stage. It's more interesting to wonder what the next time will be like.

billpulsipher
11-24-2013, 03:23 PM
My point was because of all the huge light shows and production and 20 people on stage and huge venues, it seems it's more stressful than fun for TR, and is costing more money...If he just said fuck it, I'm going to do a smaller scale tour, play whatever the fuck I want-mistakes and all, he would probably find himself enjoying it a lot more, without carrying the burden of having to pull off some monster production where everything has to be executed precisely

Kyle
11-24-2013, 03:33 PM
I think you're reading a lot more into it than what was said. All he said was it was expensive. I actually got the vibe that he was enjoying it and glad he did it and is moving on to something else before it becomes less fun. Either way its just speculation.

icecream
11-24-2013, 07:24 PM
I feel like the shows at The Joint in Vegas, particularly the second night:

This show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_MWBozyI2Y)... spoilers I guess...

...could almost be a dry run for next year; it's same 8-piece lineup, but with no big moving screens or other heavy production & static setlist. If they really needed to cut back on band salaries, they could probably get Gail-Ann Dorsey. She plays groovy bass like Pino does, but can also wail like Lisa.
She has also been in Bowie's band. Maybe Trent could call Bowie up and get her out to a show :p

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-24-2013, 08:35 PM
My point was because of all the huge light shows and production and 20 people on stage and huge venues, it seems it's more stressful than fun for TR, and is costing more money...
If this was his first big production, I could (maybe) see him getting stressed out. But by now he knows what he's getting into … he wouldn't bother doing it if he didn't enjoy it.

Not to say he never miscalculates, like playing in daylight in '09. But the "Economically, it’s pretty stupid" comment sounded like happy complaining to me.

nooneimportant
11-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Dude.

Do you hate Nine Inch Nails?

Krazy
11-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Dude.

Do you hate Nine Inch Nails?

No- but BP LOVES Depeche Mode.

I love Pantera/Phil Anselmo, and I saw Down last year- he said the same shit about just coming rocking out and "we don't need any fucking lasers". Fair enough, but when you play in front of 500 people the last thing you need to worry about is any type of production (whatever the house lights are will do). Just like NIN has done when they played small venues.

I personally love love the huge NIN arena production- it's what makes it more "fun" and since TR/NIN canp has his hands all over it never feels cheap or over the top. They've made a name for themselves as a great live band and can still do an arena tour- maybe every show doesn't do as well as LA or Toronto but geyve got to expect some of that.

rampface
11-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Phil Anselmo is not Trent Reznor. That's your first mistake....

billpulsipher
11-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Before you diss Phil, remember TR was friends with him and was a big Pantera fan, and even let Phil record his vocals at Nothing Studios and had him sing a few songs with Tapeworm

Kyle
11-25-2013, 12:31 AM
You have a bad habit of reading into things stuff that isn't there. Nobody dissed Phil. Both responses can be summed up as "the shows are not the same." And one of those two people said he loves Phil. You diss Trent far more than anyone just dissed Phil.

Krazy
11-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Before you diss Phil, remember TR was friends with him and was a big Pantera fan, and even let Phil record his vocals at Nothing Studios and had him sing a few songs with Tapeworm

For the record, I'm not gonna diss Phil!!! rampface may wanna go there, but he's one of my favorite vocalists of all time.

If anyone wants to make fun of other peoples musical preferences or favorite musicians, I'm sure we could all take a stab at one another. Glass house with rocks, and what not.

Kyle
11-25-2013, 12:38 AM
No- but BP LOVES Depeche Mode.

I love Pantera/Phil Anselmo, and I saw Down last year- he said the same shit about just coming rocking out and "we don't need any fucking lasers". Fair enough, but when you play in front of 500 people the last thing you need to worry about is any type of production (whatever the house lights are will do). Just like NIN has done when they played small venues.

I personally love love the huge NIN arena production- it's what makes it more "fun" and since TR/NIN canp has his hands all over it never feels cheap or over the top. They've made a name for themselves as a great live band and can still do an arena tour- maybe every show doesn't do as well as LA or Toronto but geyve got to expect some of that.

The bigger the venue is, the bigger the show needs to be. I've had nosebleed seats for Pearl Jam. The show was great but I felt like I could have gotten the same if not more out of a live recording cranked up. I've had nosebleed seats for bands that put on shows like Muse and Tool. Maybe not LITS size shows but still plenty of spectacle. Those shows I still felt like I got my money's worth despite being far away. When it's a show in a small venue it makes less of an impact. I still enjoy it but it doesn't make or break the show. But the "just play" type bands I only go to anymore if it's a small venue or I can get floor tickets if it's an arena.

I mentioned this before but I'd still love to see NIN do a tour like the Stones did where they play one night in an arena and one night in a club or theater in most cities. It will never happen bit I can dream.

gorast
11-25-2013, 02:23 AM

Holy shit, dude, someone needs to take away your keyboard. He literally said "Phil Anselmo is not Trent Reznor." My God, you need to take a breather.

Ryan
11-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Excited about how Trent will change the set list up for the Aussie shows in March.

sheepdean
11-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Excited about how Trent will change the set list up for the Aussie shows in March.
A 20 minute cover of Men at Work's Down Under?

maryelle
11-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Well I have bought a ticket to Denmark. I hope it's GA because the Information page is in Danish. Will try for Helsinki, Stockholm, and Oslo later on. Seriously considered Amsterdam-Antwerp-Paris but I have been there and really want to travel somewhere I haven't seen already.

It was more than $100 also - no nin.com presale at all; just straight from the promoter. :(

icklekitty
11-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Welcome to Scandinavia. It's really expensive because quality of life is so good there. I was in Sweden recently and everything was definitely 1.5x more - cheapest glass of wine I saw was £8, meals in an average sit down restaurant are at least £17 (proper meals not sandwichy stuff). Cocktails £13-16.

My friend tells me that a starting bog-standard 18 year old salary is £23000. Dicks.

slave2thewage
11-25-2013, 07:38 AM
A 20 minute cover of Men at Work's Down Under?
Spoiler alert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH0Ob-QiLR4

konkelo
11-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Sorry for a stupid question but is the NIN.com presale early entry thing going to be available in Europe as well? Or is it just for the US fans? Would be pretty fucking awesome if it's available here in Finland as well!

witte
11-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Also for Europeans

konkelo
11-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Also for Europeans

Ok, thanks! Very cool!!!

Someone should by the way do the topics for the rest of the European shows to the upcoming shows category!

slave2thewage
11-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Error Adding Item to cart. The item you have chosen uses a different Currency than the item(s) already in your cart

NO FUCK YOU DIE

acidpolly
11-25-2013, 09:08 AM
ok got a ticket to Berlin show. now I guess my May schedule is complete :)

I wonder if anyone ever made it out of that "waiting room" to anything else other than an error page.

maryelle
11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
OK it turns out that Oslo-Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg was better. Everything but Luxembourg secured. Pretty surprised I got Berlin.

If I can't get Luxembourg, I will switch to Stockholm instead.

On the Berlin page, I got the "you are in a waiting room" twice and then the page got an error and booted me. Third try got all the way to the payment page and then it booted me. Fourth try worked. Then went to Oslo; that one was easy.

slave2thewage
11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
I got there, but I had to start the whole process from the beginning. STRESS.