PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

nooneimportant
06-05-2014, 09:49 PM
The festival shows broadcast online ALL HAD the full production. The one show which didnt allow production (Reading) TR went into a hissy fit and didnt want streamed and Rob was all over twitter making excuses on why they didnt want it streamed

In the end, the Reading Festival crew still filmed it with their cameras and we got it so it doesn't matter. I expect a similar situation from Rock am Ring, but if not then whatever.

BRoswell
06-05-2014, 10:21 PM
The festival shows broadcast online ALL HAD the full production. The one show which didnt allow production (Reading) TR went into a hissy fit and didnt want streamed and Rob was all over twitter making excuses on why they didnt want it streamed

You're the LAST person who should be accusing others of throwing a hissy fit.

Trent has been more than gracious in allowing the fans to archive webcasts and other streams. If he decided he didn't want a show broadcast, then so be it. It's his band, and if he feels that the broadcast won't represent the band in a way that is comfortable with, then he has every right to not allow it to be streamed. Calling him an asshole for not letting one or two shows be streamed is the real hissy fit here.

EDIT: Also, the Reading show was probably better off not being streamed. It was like they dropped the band into a giant bong. :p

Ryan
06-05-2014, 11:13 PM
So only 5 shows left to go before the Soundgarden lot starts eh.

somethingelse
06-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Did anyone catch SG on one of the late night shows? Cornell is looking very thin.

howdidislipinto
06-05-2014, 11:55 PM
what a shock. TR being a real asshole about the EU leg and not allowing streaming. God forbid they arent able to use their light show so it wont be the "full NIN live experience"...

"fuck this lineup."

"fuck these setlists."

"i can't stream the show? TRANK REZON U ASSHOLE!!!"

Ryan
06-05-2014, 11:59 PM
"TRANK REZON U ASSHOLE!!!"

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6918903040/h746D42C7/

Lastentrance
06-06-2014, 02:38 AM
what a shock. TR being a real asshole about the EU leg and not allowing streaming. God forbid they arent able to use their light show so it wont be the "full NIN live experience"...

If that's the case it's a massive shame. Primavera was the best I've seen NIN and there were no screens. Gutted no one else can see the footage.

nooneimportant
06-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Here is the official video stream of Rock Am Ring.

Stream: http://www.einsplus.de/rar/-/id=13403838/did=13482858/nid=13403838/5f9xkx/index.html

Schedule: http://www.einsplus.de/rar/im-livestream-und-im-fernsehen-rock-am-ring-2014/-/id=13403838/did=13483078/nid=13403838/m4knoc/index.html

No NIN on the schedule but I know better than to just completely disregard these things. There is a TBA listing but it's for Saturday, so I don't know.

r_k_f
06-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Manchester Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3gHIYFDTY
not sure if this is using one of the available RITC rips but the audio quality is really good...

FernandoDante
06-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Perhaps I've been too spoiled by past tours.

Probably yes, as is the case with a lot of fans on the northern hemisphere. But I agree about the "soulessness", though when I saw the band he was even less chatty, and the crowd wasn't spoiled at all. So he's still more chatty and lively onstage with his more spoiled audience.

martin_b
06-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Manchester Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3gHIYFDTY
not sure if this is using one of the available RITC rips but the audio quality is really good...

What is the name of the song played at the beginning? Is this something posted on one of official NIN pages as a background sound (probably in TF era)?

martin_b
06-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Apologies for the duplicated post...

jmtd
06-06-2014, 02:37 PM
What is the name of the song played at the beginning? Is this something posted on one of official NIN pages as a background sound (probably in TF era)?

The new flesh / the downward spiral mash up

jmtd
06-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Too much attention is paid to setlists. I'd take a boring setlist and a smashing performance any day. I was looking back at meadowbank '07 and the setlist is awesome but I didn't think the performance was all that, at the time.

Edit: I'd Like to have written the corollary, but I've found something to enjoy in every setlist I've seen.

Merovee
06-06-2014, 02:49 PM
6/6 Setlist for Nuremberg, does anybody have it?

TheBang
06-06-2014, 02:51 PM
6/6 Setlist for Nuremberg, does anybody have it?
They don't go on-stage for another 3 hours

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-06-2014, 02:55 PM
So I'm guessing only main stage bands get filmed and broadcast? Again why is NIN not on the main stage?

icklekitty
06-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Because people don't fap wildly over Nine Inch Nails in Europe like they do in America.

Al Kasil
06-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Because people don't fap wildly over Nine Inch Nails in Europe like they do in America.

It all depends of what part of Europe you are talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCw56YqKEmk

In this country they are "fapping wildly" I can assure you...;)

billpulsipher
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Looking forward to crappy iphone youtube vids and instagram pics of the rock am ring show. so much better than a 1080 HD live stream. thanks to rob and trent

implanted_microchip
06-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Looking forward to crappy iphone youtube vids and instagram pics of the rock am ring show. so much better than a 1080 HD live stream. thanks to rob and trent

When's the last time you actually saw NIN live? Honest question.

Sarah K
06-06-2014, 03:47 PM
When's the last time you actually saw NIN live? Honest question.
1994. The only time it mattered.

dvdglss
06-06-2014, 04:22 PM

that's "The New Flesh" (ThingsFallingApart.com version)

it's available on remix.nin.com

Ash512
06-06-2014, 04:32 PM
The Becoming live in Stockholm, shot on Blackmagic RAW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1ZbzeEQ6k

Bookmark
06-06-2014, 04:53 PM
According to the Rock am Ring Livestream there will be no live streaming of the concert due to missing rights...

Ryan
06-06-2014, 06:55 PM
According to the Rock am Ring Livestream there will be no live streaming of the concert due to missing rights...

Well find them.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Is this still fucking Interscope pulling a bitch move over TDS tracks??

implanted_microchip
06-06-2014, 08:06 PM
General NIN live question: is it worth seeing more than one show in a tour? I saw one date on Tension, and have the opportunity to see both Florida dates back to back, and am definitely considering it but before I spend the money on tickets for another show I'd like to know if it's generally considered worth seeing them more than once, back to back, etc. I know some fans do this and have excellent experiences, but I've also seen some people saying they've ended up disappointed, etc.

Fist Fuck
06-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd definitely consider it, if I were you. I would have gone to more than one show (Vienna), but the timing was bad. Especially back to back you'll see a few different songs (unless Trent decides to play the rare stuff for his beloved north america, then you'd see a completely different setlist). But also, maybe the sound or your seats are shitty at one show, then you still have the second one to enjoy more. Go for it. Who knows when he's touring again (probably soon, but whatever).

WorzelG
06-06-2014, 08:14 PM
General NIN live question: is it worth seeing more than one show in a tour? I saw one date on Tension, and have the opportunity to see both Florida dates back to back, and am definitely considering it but before I spend the money on tickets for another show I'd like to know if it's generally considered worth seeing them more than once, back to back, etc. I know some fans do this and have excellent experiences, but I've also seen some people saying they've ended up disappointed, etc.
I'd say yes as TR always does try to change the setlist a certain amount especially if shows are back to back in a certain place. It certainly worked for me in the UK to go to 3 shows in a week. I don't regret any of them and would wish that I could have added the Nottingham show as all time low / somewhat damaged were played. The only thing is if the production is like the festival shows last year the setlists might be more predictable than they have been??

Anne.
06-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Did they play Only on some of the European shows?

FULLMETAL
06-06-2014, 10:37 PM

I think it's worthwhile to see multiple shows on a tour, but I enjoy seeing a tour evolve over a span of dates and having varied experiences against the barrier or in front of the soundboard. Honestly, it all depends on what you're looking to get from their performances.

Considering the upcoming leg is a co-headliner on the shed circuit, it's unlikely the two Florida dates will be that drastically different. Rumor has it that NIN will have some heavier production elements akin to the Festival leg of 2013, so it's likely the setlist will be static (I doubt the sets from Death Grips/SG will vary that much either).

You won't be up close on a barricade since there's reserved seating (unless you plan to buy the Platinum Seats), so the crowd experience could go either either way depending on your section.

That said, we won't know much of anything until we get a few shows in and begin to see what they've got planned. If you can afford it, do it because regretting it after the fact just sucks. Plus, there's a finite number of chances to catch NIN live as I don't see them going on like the Rolling Stones.

Worse case, you'll be able to critique the two shows and catch some nuance you missed the previous night.

Jordan
06-06-2014, 10:53 PM
is it worth seeing more than one show in a tour?

I'll let Trent answer your question - Those who plan on attending more than one date of the North America tour will be in for a different concert each night, according to Reznor. “This incarnation of the band could play some 50 different potential songs,” he explained. “Every night we try to make it different. So one night might be a heavily electronic-based set, the next it might be all violently aggressive noisy rock.” http://audioinkradio.com/2014/05/trent-reznor-deliver-all-fronts-nine-inch-nails-shows/

I would plan on hearing about 8 songs played both nights. I personally bought tickets to both shows at the Red Rocks in CO. and can't bloody wait!!

Sarah K
06-06-2014, 10:54 PM
I would for sure go to more than one date if possible. I caught two Tension shows about a week apart. And I'll be going two nights in a row this summer.

2late
06-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Did they play Only on some of the European shows?

oslo, luxembourg and glasgow.

hani
06-07-2014, 04:51 AM
anyone heard anything on last nights setlist?

dlb
06-07-2014, 05:03 AM
RaR will publish the setlists on their facebook later on. Someone metioned it was a little too quiet but I doubt they did change the setlist radically and played songs along the lines of this year's festival shows.

jmtd
06-07-2014, 05:22 AM
that's "The New Flesh" (ThingsFallingApart.com version)

it's available on remix.nin.com

Nearly but not quite.

Fist Fuck
06-07-2014, 05:23 AM

That's not true. Also, we never really got the chance to fap wildly. What are North Americans fapping to? Incredible stage productions like Lights In The Sky or Tension? 26+ song setlists? An 8 piece band? Approx. 5 US tour legs per touring cycle?

What are we gonna fap to? Some fancy swinging lights?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/NIN_Munich_2007.jpg

Now where's the RaR setlist? You can't tell me that tens of thousands of people were there and the setlist still hasn't made it to the internet yet?

slave2thewage
06-07-2014, 05:36 AM
The swinging lights were awesome. Cheap, yet highly effective.

Fist Fuck
06-07-2014, 06:01 AM
^I'm (half) joking :D

Still, if Trent wanted to be as well known in Europe as he is in North America, he'd need go a little bigger here for the casual music fan and concert goer. It doesn't bother me, I'm just saying that 97,4% of all Europeans have no idea how elaborate a NIN show can be. Then again, even the Outside tour with Bowie wasn't the biggest success, even though it probably was one of the most epic live moments in the 90s.

WorzelG
06-07-2014, 06:52 AM
I loved those shows, but then Trent moaned about the lightshow in his spiral blog and how his orders had not been followed and ends up making you feel a dupe for having a good time just because of the performance

nooneimportant
06-07-2014, 07:17 AM

Trent really likes having lights hanging above the band members doesn't he? He started doing it in 1995, then he brought it back in 2007, did it in 2009, and is doing it again as of 2013.

icklekitty
06-07-2014, 07:40 AM
It all depends of what part of Europe you are talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCw56YqKEmk

In this country they are "fapping wildly" I can assure you...;)

I was there and I have the bruises to prove it ;)

Just because we don't fap wildly here doesn't mean we don't get enthusiastic. But NIN are FAR bigger deal in the USA than here. Thats why they don't headline mainstages at our festivals. That's why sometimes they're not even on the mainstage at our festivals.

What are we gonna fap to? Some fancy swinging lights?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/NIN_Munich_2007.jpg

Oh that tour where we got We're In This Together and Last a bunch of times? Yeah, that was terrible.

Best version of Eraser I've seen BY FAR

Lastentrance
06-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Is this still fucking Interscope pulling a bitch move over TDS tracks??

I'd imagine so. No stream from Primavera Sound either, there was a wide open space on one of the streaming channel for them as well. Could be cause of the DVD release coming soon I guess, maybe some of the streams could be included on that..?

And those lights were great! Does anyone have access to any archived spiral blogs?

Ryan
06-07-2014, 08:10 AM
The Good Soldier and In Two tonight. Nice!

2late
06-07-2014, 08:17 AM
The Good Soldier and In Two tonight. Nice!

can someone who was there confirm this? (there's been fake lists posted in the web recently, i believe when i see s photo of the set list ;) )

dlb
06-07-2014, 08:40 AM
can someone who was there confirm this? (there's been fake lists posted in the web recently, i believe when i see s photo of the set list ;) )

it's fake:
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10448832_10152552716199880_6847125659920853971_n.j pg

implanted_microchip
06-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks to everyone for the input, I'm just going to pull the trigger and go to both FL dates; even if it's a more static show, I think I wouldn't mind in the least, because usually static NIN = visual NIN, and the visuals for Tension were so incredible that there were so many things I didn't see at my show since I was looking at a different part of the stage that I then saw later on on YT. If there's really diverse setlists, then hey, all the more reason. I figure, I've only seen NIN once, if I can make it 3, why the hell not?

Also these fake setlists are killing me. In Two making a come back is the best thing I could imagine from HM, it was the one song I really deeply wanted to see live from HM that didn't get played at my Tension date (all the more reason to see more than one show, I suppose).

WorzelG
06-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I'd imagine so. No stream from Primavera Sound either, there was a wide open space on one of the streaming channel for them as well. Could be cause of the DVD release coming soon I guess, maybe some of the streams could be included on that..?

And those lights were great! Does anyone have access to any archived spiral blogs?
Here is an archive of TR's blog on the Portrait of Decay website

http://www.portraitofdecay.com/www.nin-thespiral.com/blog1.php

Hope it works, it's funny to see how his 2007 comments about festivals in Europe are still completely relevant in 2014

billpulsipher
06-07-2014, 11:08 AM
The TV station Eins Plus wanted to televise NIN's set last night as well but good ol Trent refused to allow it. All the other bands (including Trents buddies QOTSA)have HD pro shot footage from the TV channel/or webstream surfacing of last nights show. everyone but NIN that is lol.

implanted_microchip
06-07-2014, 11:15 AM
The TV station Eins Plus wanted to televise NIN's set last night as well but good ol Trent refused to allow it. All the other bands (including Trents buddies QOTSA)have HD pro shot footage from the TV channel/or webstream surfacing of last nights show. everyone but NIN that is lol.

And as we all know, fifty years from now, people will look back at NIN's career, and laugh and ignore all of their accomplishments and all of the pro-internet pro-streaming pro-download moves Trent Reznor made and call him a fool for not allowing his Rock Am Ring performance to be televised. Geez, Trent, this was the make-it-or-break-it moment and ya blew it.

BRoswell
06-07-2014, 11:19 AM
If Billy Boy can't get his precious pro-shot festival footage that he'd probably just bitch about anyway, Trent's career might as well be over.

billpulsipher
06-07-2014, 11:36 AM
I see people bitching and crying over Tension, so I can bitch and cry over RAR.....Bear in mind there will be no more pro shot footage of NIN until the next album/tour so RAR was the last shot for this year

jmtd
06-07-2014, 11:52 AM
I forgot to top up my fuck giving before going on a long drive and now I'm stranded in the middle of caring less, fresh out of fuck.

WorzelG
06-07-2014, 11:55 AM
I see people bitching and crying over Tension, so I can bitch and cry over RAR.....Bear in mind there will be no more pro shot footage of NIN until the next album/tour so RAR was the last shot for this year
Aren't they playing any festivals on the Soundgarden tour that might be pro-shot?

BRoswell
06-07-2014, 12:13 PM
I see people bitching and crying over Tension, so I can bitch and cry over RAR

Spoken like a true infant.

Also, the only person I saw actually bitching (as opposed to just general interest in what was going on) about Tension footage was the guy who proclaimed that the release had been cancelled and was never coming out without a shred of proof just so they could do their usual song and dance. Now who might THAT have been?

billpulsipher
06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
the people saying they dont care if RAR was pro shot or not, are the same people who would be jerking off to a 1080 HD pro shot if it came out later this week

Fist Fuck
06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Oh that tour where we got We're In This Together and Last a bunch of times? Yeah, that was terrible.

I know that, but that pleases the hardcore fan base, you know? As I said, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that more people would hear about NIN if the shows were bigger. The setlists in 2007 and 2009 were incredible here in Europe.

WorzelG
06-07-2014, 01:07 PM
I know that, but that pleases the hardcore fan base, you know? As I said, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that more people would hear about NIN if the shows were bigger. The setlists in 2007 and 2009 were incredible here in Europe.
I don't see how bigger shows would help if it's just the same people going and talking about it who have always gone. I still think Trent missed a trick not releasing Satellite as the second single rather than Everything. With a good video I think that might have drawn new people in to the dancier side of NIN which has always been there but for some reason they have just been typecast as a rock / metal band for all these years in Europe so people just write them off without giving them a listen

BRoswell
06-07-2014, 01:43 PM
the people saying they dont care if RAR was pro shot or not, are the same people who would be jerking off to a 1080 HD pro shot if it came out later this week

You seem to be missing the point, Billy Boy. No one is saying they wouldn't like to see the footage. I think we all would like to see it, but most of us (read: everyone that isn't you) simply shrugged our shoulders and say "Oh well." when we found out we wouldn't be able to see it. You, on the other hand, throw a fit like the big-headed baby you are and insist that Trent is doing this because he's an asshole who hates his fans. He also hates you especially and purposefully tries to break your heart with everything he does. Your obsession with tearing him down is kind of sick to be honest. What, are you still pissed because he gave you shit on a message board five fucking years ago? Jesus, grow a pair of balls and get over it.

Krazy
06-07-2014, 02:09 PM
What, are you still pissed because he gave you shit on a message board five fucking years ago? Jesus, grow a pair of balls and get over it.

Wait, what???

Jordan
06-07-2014, 03:09 PM
What, are you still pissed because he gave you shit on a message board five fucking years ago? Jesus, grow a pair of balls and get over it.

Yea, what?

billpulsipher
06-07-2014, 03:19 PM
You seem to be missing the point, Billy Boy. No one is saying they wouldn't like to see the footage. I think we all would like to see it, but most of us (read: everyone that isn't you) simply shrugged our shoulders and say "Oh well." when we found out we wouldn't be able to see it. You, on the other hand, throw a fit like the big-headed baby you are and insist that Trent is doing this because he's an asshole who hates his fans. He also hates you especially and purposefully tries to break your heart with everything he does. Your obsession with tearing him down is kind of sick to be honest. What, are you still pissed because he gave you shit on a message board five fucking years ago? Jesus, grow a pair of balls and get over it.

lol you take it way too seriously....Its the last chance to see a pro shot from this tour until god knows when (maybe 4 or 5 years, maybe never) and it would have been nice to have seen the show, especially considering every other band that played the festival gave permission for their shows to be aired. TR decided he wont allow it. Its a dick move. The end. Im not going to go slit my wrists because ol Trent and his boyfriend Rob dont want their shows streamed without the precious light show. Just look forward for the next pro shot that comes out...for the 2018 tour

Fist Fuck
06-07-2014, 03:48 PM
It's weird though, because there are two South American live streams from this year, and there's little to no production. Must have a reason, maybe has to do with the upcoming live release or his general hatred for Germany/Europe.

I do, however, think that bigger shows (as unrealistic and expensive that would be) would have an effect. Just look at Rammstein, Germany's biggest band. They're known for their huge stage production, you just have to have seen a Rammstein show. If I ask anyone from North America, they'd probably say the same about NIN, but not here.

Would I rather see a Tension show than the European Festival show I saw in 2013 and the upcoming show in Vienna? Probably not (except for the ridiculously amazinh encores Tension had). Would media be all over it, rather than just posting a regular live review? Probably yes.

implanted_microchip
06-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Wait, what???

Recently someone shared a screenshot from the nin.com forums of TR telling Bill to fuck off. It was beautiful

Lastentrance
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Recently someone shared a screenshot from the nin.com forums of TR telling Bill to fuck off. It was beautiful

Share again!?

implanted_microchip
06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
All credit goes to @nothing8 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2447) for finding and screencapping it; bill mentioned it in the random nin thoughts thread

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/lostie888/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-05-31-19-32-36-1_zpsc2296040.png

This is bill's summary from that thread:

"Trent told me to go fuck myself on that forum after Apple rejected the NIN iphone app and he was ranting all over the forums about it.......It was beautiful"

Link to specific thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/139-Random-NIN-Thoughts/page153

WorzelG
06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Share again!?
Page 153 of random nin thoughts, hopefully this link will work
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/139-Random-NIN-Thoughts?p=189798#post189798

Lastentrance
06-07-2014, 04:23 PM
That's great, although no idea what point Bill is making!

implanted_microchip
06-07-2014, 04:24 PM
That's great, although no idea what point Bill is making!

Yeah but it's not like he's known for his sterling clarity these days either

Krazy
06-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Yeah but it's not like he's known for his sterling clarity these days either

Well if one looks at his nin.com posts he's progressing at a rate that'll get himself into high school by the next NIN album.

Don't hate, appreciate BP! :P

(this is all in jest(sp?), I don't recall him ever "attacking" a member here so all in fun)

billpulsipher
06-07-2014, 04:52 PM
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/371700627778592769

back when Rob didnt want to allow streaming for Reading..no lights. heaven forbid
(https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/371700627778592769)

m15a
06-07-2014, 04:55 PM
It's weird though, because there are two South American live streams from this year, and there's little to no production. Must have a reason, maybe has to do with the upcoming live release or his general hatred for Germany/Europe.

Oh, come on! ( . . There must be a reason, maybe has to do with the 12 kittens Trent sacrificed on stage that day. Maybe. :rolleyes:)

I do, however, think that bigger shows (as unrealistic and expensive that would be) would have an effect. Just look at Rammstein, Germany's biggest band. They're known for their huge stage production, you just have to have seen a Rammstein show. If I ask anyone from North America, they'd probably say the same about NIN, but not here.

I could see how having a big production could make some difference, but I don't really see how having an impressive arena show would attract a large group of people to see a festival show without that production. I mean, it's possible, but it wouldn't exactly be something to shoot for.

Lastentrance
06-07-2014, 05:54 PM

back when Rob didnt want to allow streaming for Reading..no lights. heaven forbid

First time I've seen that, I was at the earlier Leeds show. How interesting. Well I completely doubt that's the case with this round of shows, Primavera show was preferable to the big production, and lights were still great!

FernandoDante
06-07-2014, 07:47 PM
All credit goes to @nothing8 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2447) for finding and screencapping it; bill mentioned it in the random nin thoughts thread

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/lostie888/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-05-31-19-32-36-1_zpsc2296040.png

This is bill's summary from that thread:

"Trent told me to go fuck myself on that forum after Apple rejected the NIN iphone app and he was ranting all over the forums about it.......It was beautiful"

Link to specific thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/139-Random-NIN-Thoughts/page153

I think it's funny that Axl was a NIN fan and "poaching" former NIN members at some point.

Krazy
06-07-2014, 09:14 PM

Well if that's the case who really knows why the stream didn't happen. Here's the latest IG photo and looks like full Euro/UK production, I haven't been keeping up with all the recent shows but I'd assume both 'Ring festivals got the same treatment...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/D1914875-48B9-4BBA-8C32-2652415466C9.png (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D1914875-48B9-4BBA-8C32-2652415466C9.png.html)

FULLMETAL
06-07-2014, 11:18 PM
How many times this year has TR mangled the lyrics to TGD? I know it started in Tokyo, but I just heard the Zurich recording and he completely tripped over nodding your head and watching with those shiny satellites.

Looking at the IG, it seems the Rock im Park cameras were active during NIN's set. Perhaps a recording might sneak out on the bootleg circuit.

InnerLondon Skywave
06-08-2014, 12:04 AM
his general hatred for Germany/Europe.

He does not hate the 800 million people in Europe or hate Germany (which is probably the coolest country in the world in 2014) and has not brutally condemned our culture, Georgraphy, way of life or civilization, (only our food and bipolar weather) stop being over dramatic. his team have found it hard to judge NINs size here, which fluctuates yearly. Its grueling touring Europe definitely especially if its for two months like the 2007 tour. And then you have to play all those awful heavy metal festivals which stink of shit and piss and the food gives you cancer, and where only 10 percent of the people want to see NIN.
I think his European experiences would have been better had he been able to have a better communication with the continent, in the UK over the past 25 years it has been easier than say France or Germany or Italy or Russia but then booking 6 Arenas in the UK for NIN to play was absurd, when most of them were around 50 percent capacity. Something is not right. Its always been a weird situation with NIN, they have a cult following here are big in the U.S across the pond but with terrible record labels, shady managers, long absences from the industry, general bad communication with whats going on here its hard to judge what to do.

WorzelG
06-08-2014, 12:48 AM
He does not hate the 800 million people in Europe or hate Germany (which is probably the coolest country in the world in 2014) and has not brutally condemned our culture, Georgraphy, way of life or civilization, (only our food and bipolar weather) stop being over dramatic. his team have found it hard to judge NINs size here, which fluctuates yearly. Its grueling touring Europe definitely especially if its for two months like the 2007 tour. And then you have to play all those awful heavy metal festivals which stink of shit and piss and the food gives you cancer, and where only 10 percent of the people want to see NIN.
I think his European experiences would have been better had he been able to have a better communication with the continent, in the UK over the past 25 years it has been easier than say France or Germany or Italy or Russia but then booking 6 Arenas in the UK for NIN to play was absurd, when most of them were around 50 percent capacity. Something is not right. Its always been a weird situation with NIN, they have a cult following here are big in the U.S across the pond but with terrible record labels, shady managers, long absences from the industry, general bad communication with whats going on here its hard to judge what to do.
Plus, pretty much the majority of Trent's musical influences seem to be British, Bowie, Queen, Joy Division, Numan, lots of the synth pop stuff, Throbbing Gristle, the Cure, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd etc etc. I know this is nothing to do with success over here, but suggests lack of hatred for Europe?

They seemed to really randomly go down a storm at the RocknHeim German festival last year, like everyone just seemed up for it. Reading 2007 seemed a pretty successful billing, personally I don't see why they didn't headline then over Smashing Pumpkins

Ryan
06-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Does anyone have the set list for the second show in Germany?

simonn
06-08-2014, 04:34 AM
I'd definitely consider it, if I were you. I would have gone to more than one show (Vienna), but the timing was bad. Especially back to back you'll see a few different songs (unless Trent decides to play the rare stuff for his beloved north america, then you'd see a completely different setlist). But also, maybe the sound or your seats are shitty at one show, then you still have the second one to enjoy more. Go for it. Who knows when he's touring again (probably soon, but whatever).

I saw London and Nottingham back to back, and it was definitely worth it. For a start I did standing one night seats the other, so got to see the show from very different perspectives. Plus, he changed 8 songs between the two nights. Would certainly do again.

jmtd
06-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Plus, pretty much the majority of Trent's musical influences seem to be British, Bowie, Queen, Joy Division, Numan, lots of the synth pop stuff, Throbbing Gristle, the Cure, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd etc etc. I know this is nothing to do with success over here, but suggests lack of hatred for Europe?

They seemed to really randomly go down a storm at the RocknHeim German festival last year, like everyone just seemed up for it. Reading 2007 seemed a pretty successful billing, personally I don't see why they didn't headline then over Smashing Pumpkins

Minor nitpick, Talking Heads aren't British.

TBH I think the large amount of influence from UK musicians is less to do with Trent's particular taste and more to do with how pervasive UK music is across the board, and has been since the Beatles.

WorzelG
06-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Minor nitpick, Talking Heads aren't British.

TBH I think the large amount of influence from UK musicians is less to do with Trent's particular taste and more to do with how pervasive UK music is across the board, and has been since the Beatles.
Oh, I don't know why I assumed they were British, weird.

sheepdean
06-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Oh, I don't know why I assumed they were British, weird.
The lead singer is Scottish, but the band's American and formed in America

Fist Fuck
06-08-2014, 11:25 AM
He does not hate the 800 million people in Europe or hate Germany (which is probably the coolest country in the world in 2014) and has not brutally condemned our culture, Georgraphy, way of life or civilization, (only our food and bipolar weather) stop being over dramatic.

tl,dr. Stop taking everything so seriously and get the stick out of your ass. It's a running gag in the NIN community that Europe can lick Trent's Kugelsack. You know I'm not complaining about anything, right?

m15a
06-08-2014, 12:03 PM
tl,dr. Stop taking everything so seriously and get the stick out of your ass. It's a running gag in the NIN community that Europe can lick Trent's Kugelsack. You know I'm not complaining about anything, right?

unfortunately, another running gag in the NIN community is making wild claims based on random things trent says and then taking those claims as truth. so it was a little hard to tell which "gag" you were going for. ;)

dominik
06-08-2014, 03:08 PM
I like Ilan because he really seems to appreciate the culture, food, and touring in Europe. He walked all day around in Vienna today and took a ton of instagram pics.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Beside You in Time got some nifty new visuals.. different from the stripped down previous shows:
(THANKS TOIOU)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OsTbSD4II

slave2thewage
06-09-2014, 03:36 AM
My biggest gripe with this tour is that they haven't performed BYIT as often as they should have. I found myself rolling my eyes whenever I heard Eraser kicking in at my last two shows.

nooneimportant
06-09-2014, 04:38 AM
My biggest gripe with this tour is that they haven't performed BYIT as often as they should have. I found myself rolling my eyes whenever I heard Eraser kicking in at my last two shows.

I'd rather get multiple shows of Eraser for the visuals alone. That shit gets me every time.

dlb
06-09-2014, 05:04 AM
Does anyone have the set list for the second show in Germany?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/zeppelinfeld-nuremberg-germany-3bc02068.html

slave2thewage
06-09-2014, 05:34 AM
I'd rather get multiple shows of Eraser for the visuals alone. That shit gets me every time.
I've had Eraser 453,345,65 times, so I can take it or leave it at this point.

icklekitty
06-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Also as previously established, those visuals aren't a patch on the ultra-creepy Psycho lights of 2007

dominik
06-09-2014, 06:46 AM
I hope he plays Reptile tonight.

thatguymark
06-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Beside You in Time got some nifty new visuals.. different from the stripped down previous shows:
(THANKS TOIOU)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OsTbSD4II

Well, that was nice. Thanks for posting. The versatility of those 3x3 grid lights never ceases to impress me.

cahernandez
06-09-2014, 04:53 PM
I like Ilan because he really seems to appreciate the culture, food, and touring in Europe. He walked all day around in Vienna today and took a ton of instagram pics.

Vienna is one of my favorite cities for walking, specially in the winter. It feels like an outdoor museum with all the sculptures and nice buildings.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-10-2014, 03:58 AM
What song is this from?
http://37.media.tumblr.com/1c942b4e8c526703ac6fd9050e70d130/tumblr_n68lgbwhSd1s726nxo9_1280.jpg

Oberstgruppenführer CFI
06-10-2014, 04:16 AM
What song is this from?
The very end of Eraser.

zaph1000
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Small commercial break: I have uploaded an improved version of my 2014 European "tour documentary" / "patchwork show" in the Download Archive thread.

If you can ignore the patchwork nature in terms of visuals and audio - and live with YouTube quality - it is IMHO quite enjoyable as a document of this tour's production.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/250-Download-Archive?p=190353#post190353

martin_b
06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Katowice:

TEOD / Pinion
COA
1M
Letting You
MOTP
Piggy
The Frail
The Wretched
Burn
Gave Up
Sanctified
Closer
FMW
Disappointed
TGD
The Warning
Eraser
Wish
THTF
HLAH
Hurt

This was the longest TGD I have ever heard. The second part was about 4 or 5 minutes...

hani
06-10-2014, 05:24 PM
that TEOD intro . . . and we got 1Mil . . . Trent made my day.

and WTF moment of the night - Burn made the best and hardest pit circle, not MOTP nor Wish

it was great.

+ there was this guy next to me during Cold Cave . . . I was kinda into it, not like jumping and singing or whatever but just applauding and cheering between songs, like normal people, and the guy was like "could you stop screaming in between songs? I'm gonna go deaf" and I was like "I thought it's a concert" and he's like "yeah but not a Justin Bieber concert" and I was like "dude you're at NIN gig and you're bothered by screaming during Cold Cave? you bought GC tix shut the fuck up" like what a douchebag. wonder what happened to him during Copy of A when people went fucking nuts

Fist Fuck
06-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Was this show filmed as well?

Krazy
06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
+ there was this guy next to me during Cold Cave . . . I was kinda into it, not like jumping and singing or whatever but just applauding and cheering between songs, like normal people, and the guy was like "could you stop screaming in between songs? I'm gonna go deaf" and I was like "I thought it's a concert" and he's like "yeah but not a Justin Bieber concert" and I was like "dude you're at NIN gig and you're bothered by screaming during Cold Cave? you bought GC tix shut the fuck up" like what a douchebag. wonder what happened to him during Copy of A when people went fucking nuts

The guy goes to Bieber concerts and screams? He's obviously a pedophile- should've called the cops on him.

Sounds like some good couple of past shows, glad people enjoyed themselves.

hani
06-11-2014, 04:34 AM
Was this show filmed as well?

I haven't seen the cameras, but there were audience microphones all over the place, so probably yes

arsenic
06-11-2014, 07:35 AM
martin_b was TBCD played? Apparently it was on the official setlist

icklekitty
06-11-2014, 07:38 AM
@martin_b (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3111) was TBCD played? Apparently it was on the official setlist That's happened once or twice this tour.

Deepvoid
06-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Pretty good video of Burn. I absolutely love this song live. Great energy and it always has awesome lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5devPzRIDzI

martin_b
06-11-2014, 10:52 AM
that TEOD intro . . . and we got 1Mil . . . Trent made my day.

and WTF moment of the night - Burn made the best and hardest pit circle, not MOTP nor Wish

it was great.

Cartman mode on

What a stupid asshole!

Cartman mode off

hani, it seems that this guy thought that it's going to be a "Got Talent" show and he mislead the address.

dariocotti

Unfortunately not. :(

Fist Fuck

I was planning to film the whole show (I was about 6 m in the front of Robin) but after the COA I decided to enjoy the show totally instead of watching IT through the LCD screen. :)

However I regret that I stopped filming, because audio quality is Just so f..king great!

martin_b
06-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Look at Ilan :D

http://radekzawadzki.vipserv.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/20140610-Radek-Zawadzki-Nine-Inch-Nails-31.jpg

TheBang
06-11-2014, 02:14 PM
The banner on nin.com says the next show is Las Vegas on the 19th. I guess that means Pemberton is on the 20th. That's going to be some crazy logistics going from Vegas to Pemberton to Colorado in the span of 2 days.

Jordan
06-11-2014, 02:31 PM
I guess that means Pemberton is on the 20th.

The Pemberton Music Festival website has NIN listed to play Friday, July 18.

Fist Fuck
06-11-2014, 04:22 PM
The banner on nin.com says the next show is Las Vegas on the 19th. I guess that means Pemberton is on the 20th. That's going to be some crazy logistics going from Vegas to Pemberton to Colorado in the span of 2 days.

nin.com always announces the next regular show. I was thinking the same when I saw Vienna being announced before the Rock im Park Festival.

Ryan
06-11-2014, 04:53 PM
@martin_b (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3111) was TBCD played? Apparently it was on the official setlist

I didn't know that, will add to ninwiki article.

Do we have a set list for Prague as yet?

Fist Fuck
06-11-2014, 05:05 PM
I didn't know that, will add to ninwiki article.

Do we have a set list for Prague as yet?

Kind of. http://instagram.com/p/pHjI9xPK6T/

Ryan
06-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Kind of. http://instagram.com/p/pHjI9xPK6T/

I wish that said Ruiner after Sanctified.

dominik
06-11-2014, 05:53 PM
I love how Trent really seemed to enjoy Europe the last few shows considering how much compliments he made in Vienna and Prague.

Ryan
06-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Did Pinion / The Eater Of Dreams open Prague? Or The Downward Spiral / The New Flesh?

Setlist.fm just has:

Me, I'm Not (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Me,+I%27m+Not)

Copy of A (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Copy+of+A)

The Beginning of the End (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Beginning+of+the+End)

Terrible Lie (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Terrible+Lie)

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Piggy (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Piggy)

Reptile (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Reptile)

Burn (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Burn)

Gave Up (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Gave+Up)

Sanctified (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Sanctified)

Closer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Closer)

Find My Way (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Find+My+Way)

Disappointed (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Disappointed)

Came Back Haunted (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Came+Back+Haunted)

The Great Destroyer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Great+Destroyer)

Wish (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Wish)

The Hand That Feeds (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Hand+That+Feeds)

Head Like a Hole (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Head+Like+a+Hole)

Encore:
The Day the World Went Away (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Day+the+World+Went+Away)

Hurt (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Hurt)

slave2thewage
06-11-2014, 06:25 PM
If it's Me, I'm Not then it's almost definitely TDS/TNF. Pinion/TEoD seems to just be used at shows where Copy of A opens the set.

telee.kom
06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Yeah it was The New Flesh. Also the setlist above is correct

Ryan
06-11-2014, 07:22 PM
And that's the end of that chapter.

Let us remember it all fondly with this image.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2emn3oo.jpg

billpulsipher
06-11-2014, 10:34 PM
really digging all the pro shots that came out from this tour....all 0 of them

Sarah K
06-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Jesus Christ.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Find any band that has more audio and video sources available to you for free in an instant. You realize that they could shut down RITC, pull all of the videos, etc. with minimal effort, yeah? But they don't. Because Trent is the opposite of an asshole. Enjoy all of the sources that you have available to you. Stop bitching about the ones you don't.

Your act is tired and played out. For real.

Ryan
06-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Seriously dude, suck a cock and fuck off now.

nooneimportant
06-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Why hasn't Bill been banned from the forum yet? He contributes absolutely nothing of worth to ETS.

billpulsipher
06-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Why hasn't Bill been banned from the forum yet? He contributes absolutely nothing of worth to ETS.

as opposed to your wonderful contributions? also there's this thing called freedom of speech...

WorzelG
06-12-2014, 12:43 AM
What do you mean? There is a bunch of photos on the NIN tumblr, practically every show they put a photo from a previous one on the instagram account

fillow
06-12-2014, 12:50 AM
As in, you were promised some and got nothing?

sick among the pure
06-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Funny thing is, if Bill got his own personal live feed from every show, in HD and 5.1, he still would complain because he doesn't even like the live band or recent albums anyway.

billpulsipher
06-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Funny thing is, if Bill got his own personal live feed from every show, in HD and 5.1, he still would complain because he doesn't even like the live band or recent albums anyway.

I don't? I dig YZ, and Slip and HM have their moments....The only version of the live band I dont like was Tension, other than that I think the 2013/2014 live lineup is sick...

Ryan
06-12-2014, 02:13 AM
I don't? I dig YZ, and Slip and HM have their moments....The only version of the live band I dont like was Tension, other than that I think the 2013/2014 live lineup is sick...

Who gives a shit? You carry on like a whiny infant, take that annoying shit elsewhere or put on the adult skin you've left sitting dusty in the closet for far too long.

Mr_Iceman
06-12-2014, 02:26 AM
I really like the pre-show dj set in Prague. Any ideas where I can look it up?

nooneimportant
06-12-2014, 02:51 AM
as opposed to your wonderful contributions? also there's this thing called freedom of speech...

You need to get the hang of things and try to complain less, especially complaining about dumb things.

Amaro
06-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Look at Ilan :D

http://radekzawadzki.vipserv.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/20140610-Radek-Zawadzki-Nine-Inch-Nails-31.jpg

I'm more into lols with Trent here.

lol Okay, it's all gold.

fillow
06-12-2014, 09:57 AM
It's nice to see Ilan behind a drumkit for a change

Krazy
06-12-2014, 11:41 AM
+1. I'd love to see NIN finish up this touring cycle by adding another musician/bassist. Just like NINJA, something musically seems missing with the 4 piecer.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Why does it feel like about this time at the end of every leg, the thread turns on itself and gets locked...

sick among the pure
06-12-2014, 09:26 PM
+1. I'd love to see NIN finish up this touring cycle by adding another musician/bassist. Just like NINJA, something musically seems missing with the 4 piecer.

I think I liked the idea of the NIN|JA 4 piece more than this one, mostly because I love the live drums that a NIN show brings to the songs. If Ilan was just drumming, I'd feel better about it. But I've also not experienced this 4 piece live, so that may change in a little over a month.

TheRealNs1
06-13-2014, 12:52 PM

not sure if srs.

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/

Sarah K
06-13-2014, 12:53 PM
He's wanting video.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Not pro but still pretty cool..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnzg97NVTg

Joy Prevention Hotline
06-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Has anyone considered that the lack of streaming might mean they're bringing the visuals from this leg to NIN+SG and don't want to spoil it for everyone?

Trent has cited the festival live streams as one reason they're changing things up for each leg — maybe he likes this production enough to keep it going. And they didn't release any of the Tension footage until the tour was over.

Just a thought.

nooneimportant
06-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Has anyone considered that the lack of streaming might mean they're bringing the visuals from this leg to NIN+SG and don't want to spoil it for everyone?

Trent has cited the festival live streams as one reason they're changing things up for each leg — maybe he likes this production enough to keep it going. And they didn't release any of the Tension footage until the tour was over.

Just a thought.

It's possible but the consensus based on a previous interview is that something similar to the Festival 2013 will be what they are going with for the NIN/SG shows. Perhaps it will be a hybrid of the two.

Joy Prevention Hotline
06-14-2014, 11:15 PM
It's possible but the consensus based on a previous interview is that something similar to the Festival 2013 will be what they are going with for the NIN/SG shows. Perhaps it will be a hybrid of the two.
My sense was that TR was talking more about resurrecting the mechanics of the 2013 festivals — the bare stage, maybe the portable screen panels — which doesn't necessarily mean junking all of the current screen visuals and lighting. With all the cool things they've done since then, a total reversion to last summer's production would be … disappointing.

My alternate theory: they want to include some of the European production in the Tension video. (Assuming footage was shot but not streamed.)

At any rate, I thought these sounded more Trent-ish than Bill's conspiracy theory.

implanted_microchip
06-14-2014, 11:20 PM
I would be thoroughly pleased with the European setup, I think it looked incredible in every video and photo I've seen. That said I'm open to anything and if we get some weird lovechild of this, Tension and the 2013 festival show design, I'm down for it. After seeing Tension I really have faith in whatever they want to do.

Joy Prevention Hotline
06-14-2014, 11:42 PM
I would be thoroughly pleased with the European setup, I think it looked incredible in every video and photo I've seen. That said I'm open to anything and if we get some weird lovechild of this, Tension and the 2013 festival show design, I'm down for it. After seeing Tension I really have faith in whatever they want to do.
Right — if they're doing any kind of production at all, it's safe to say they'll make sure it blows our minds.

icklekitty
06-15-2014, 06:58 AM

Just a thought.

If that's the case, they're massively underestimating the function of the Internet.

Ryan
06-15-2014, 07:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pRid4.jpg

m15a
06-15-2014, 12:49 PM
If that's the case, they're massively underestimating the function of the Internet.

I dunno. The Tension live video (the (not-quite) full one) on YouTube has almost a million views. The most-watched non-pro-shot NIN concert video from the last year has way less. And, even as a regular ETSer, I've only watched footage from a couple songs from this tour leg. But I would have, without a doubt, watched an official stream of a concert.

icklekitty
06-15-2014, 12:56 PM
I dunno. The Tension live video (the (not-quite) full one) on YouTube has almost a million views. The most-watched non-pro-shot NIN concert video from the last year has way less. And, even as a regular ETSer, I've only watched footage from a couple songs from this tour leg. But I would have, without a doubt, watched an official stream of a concert.

That has nothing to do with the point Joy Prevention Hotline was trying to make, regarding not spoiling the visuals for people attending future concerts.

m15a
06-15-2014, 01:40 PM
That has nothing to do with the point Joy Prevention Hotline was trying to make, regarding not spoiling the visuals for people attending future concerts.

Sorry. I thought you were alluding to bootleg videos (made by people attending the concerts) when you said "the function of the Internet". Maybe not though?

Anyway, I don't think those bootleg videos spoil the visuals for as many people as a pro-shot video. (Should have also pointed out that YouTube has captures of streams that are way more popular than anything recorded by fans, too.)

LOVEANDZOMBIES
06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
I'll just leave this here.. Entertainment Weekly (http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/05/23/nine-inch-nails-soundgarden-tour-trent-reznor-interview/). Notice the part about the Soundgarden tour being based on the very first Festival Shows from 2013..

WorzelG
06-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Just watching some amazing recordings from Paris on dizzyberkowitz YouTube channel. I can't link because of stupid iPad issues. When did Trent add the piano element to the second half of Disappointed? it sounds great. Sanctified and great destroyer are also filmed from some amazing angles. ninjaw seems to be involved in the project

billpulsipher
06-15-2014, 05:46 PM

one year Trent might actually realize his fans care a lot more about the actual SONGS played instead of fucking visuals and light shows...its NIN, not KISS...how many visuals and light shows went down at woodstock which was arguably the best/most notable show they ever played? Zero

implanted_microchip
06-15-2014, 05:59 PM
one year Trent might actually realize his fans care a lot more about the actual SONGS played instead of fucking visuals and light shows...its NIN, not KISS...how many visuals and light shows went down at woodstock which was arguably the best/most notable show they ever played? Zero

Clearly NIN fans do not care about production, which is exactly why there are entire threads devoted to discussing and theorizing the upcoming production, exactly why there are tons of fan DVDs and edits that compile stuff like Lights in the Sky with visuals in mind, exactly why people endlessly complimented the 2013 festival production and exactly why there were heated debates over whether Tension or LitS was better visually.

Like, really, I get that visuals aren't the only aspect of a performance, but they are wonderful and a fantastic bonus to a great show. I'll take whatever they offer really, it could be a single 80 watt lightbulb dangling above everyone (basically Performance 2007) and I'd be happy as long as the performance was great, but I would be lying if I said that the visuals I saw on Tension weren't mind-blowing and an incredible spectacle that boosted the show and enhanced how I experienced the songs. The visuals for Hurt honestly moved me to tears live, and I doubt the song on itself would have. The visuals for While I'm Still Here/Black Noise cemented that song as my absolute favorite from HM alongside the actual performance.

I mean I don't think the production is what makes the show, but it's a little ridiculous to act like no one in the fanbase has any interest in them and no one wants them.

Also I feel like a lot of people forget what made Woodstock so important; it was the first major televised NIN performance at an incredibly major event at the time and because of that it made them skyrocket in reputation and popularity. It was simply them being presented on a massive scale way beyond the Hate tour, after an EP where almost all of the music videos were banned in the first place; it was a major exposure. Yes it was an amazing performance, but it wasn't like the setlist to it was unique either; almost all of it was near-identical to the Self Destruct tour (which, by the way, had a largely static setlist anyway, it's not like that was NINJA/Wave Goodbye levels of diversity).

Oh and it's funny you should mention KISS since Trent has openly referred to them as an influence early on when it came to a stage show and even samples them on Starfuckers.

billpulsipher
06-15-2014, 06:44 PM
He's admitted he sampled Kiss as a joke...I guess you didnt read his comments about Gene Simmons in 09 when he tore him a new asshole....I'm not saying light shows arent cool. I'm saying they dont make or break a show...Trent seems to think if he doesnt have a full light show that somehow it will be a letdown to the fans.....Id like to see a poll on how many people prefer standard setlists with FULL light show and 100 dollar plus tickets....or rare songs, NO production and tickets at 40 bucks a pop....2nd choice would win out

sheepdean
06-15-2014, 07:05 PM
You are surely aware Trent hates the Woodstock performance

jessamineny
06-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Where has he said he hates it?

FernandoDante
06-15-2014, 07:23 PM
NIN and KISS have more in common than you know.

Woodstock '94 was a musically shitty performance.

Krazy
06-15-2014, 08:01 PM
NIN isn't playing a show in 2014 for $40 (top tier tickets), doesn't matter how dumbed down the lighting would be.

Like it or not one of the reasons NIN is viewed as a great live band is the production- which started in late '94- which was the reason TR went to Woodstock in the first place, to fund the arena tour. (According to him anyways)

i do recall him not thinking Woodstock was that great while it was happening, don't remember him actually saying he "hated" the performance. I think he hated that he had to go to Woodstock. There was some stuff going wrong with the equipment, and WS was a big clusterfuck. Probably wasn't the funnest experience if you put all that together.

sick among the pure
06-15-2014, 09:32 PM

I don't remember where he said it, but I remember Trent saying he had a blast during the performance but when he went back and watched/listened again he thought it was really messy and not as good as he thought.
I don't think that he hated it so much as he was disappointed in it.

otnavuskire
06-15-2014, 09:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E18UfiILuE#t=124

Around 2:05.

Jordan
06-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Id like to see a poll on how many people prefer standard setlists with FULL light show and 100 dollar plus tickets....or rare songs, NO production and tickets at 40 bucks a pop....2nd choice would win out

You need to compare apples to apples in this little poll you're putting together. Option #1- A full NIN production or Option #2 - The SAME set list with little to no production for slightly less money per ticket. I believe this is a silly question as the vast majority would choose the full production. Now, a small intimate venue with no production?? Thats what I want. But that's a different question altogether. And how many people would be pissed cause they couldn't get tickets to this small venue? We all want unique and rare setlists but the lights and screens are not to blame for the opposite. Trent plays what he wants and creates a production around the setlist, not the other way around. I also don't think it takes away from the music in any way to say that the NIN visual production kicks ass and is way fuckin cool and adds to the music as well as the experience and his fans love it and so on. Does it make a better show? Hell yes! Is it the only reason I go? Hell no! Would I go without a visual production? Hell yes! But LITS was like nothing I've ever see at a concert until Tension. Wow to both. And ACL with no visual production fuckin kicked ass too!

Airbornefeline
06-15-2014, 09:50 PM
What he said in that video doesn't even come close to saying he "hated it". If you didn't watch the video he basically said the overall show was good but the actual musical performance wasn't that great.

otnavuskire
06-15-2014, 09:59 PM
What he said in that video doesn't even come close to saying he "hated it". If you didn't watch the video he basically said the overall show was good but the actual musical performance wasn't that great.

I think with time, some people's memories have shifted from remembering him saying they sounded bad, to thinking he said he hated it, which I don't think he ever said. It was a good show, but he's right, they sounded pretty bad.

billpulsipher
06-15-2014, 10:12 PM
You are surely aware Trent hates the Woodstock performance

He just did an interview last week where he said for the 99999th time how Woodstock was a special performance...He also said it last year in that Studio Q radio interview

WorzelG
06-16-2014, 12:15 AM
I think if you're even a quarter of the way back in an arena you're grateful for the visuals because you can't see the band

TheRealNs1
06-16-2014, 11:57 AM
He's admitted he sampled Kiss as a joke...I guess you didnt read his comments about Gene Simmons in 09 when he tore him a new asshole....I'm not saying light shows arent cool. I'm saying they dont make or break a show...Trent seems to think if he doesnt have a full light show that somehow it will be a letdown to the fans.....Id like to see a poll on how many people prefer standard setlists with FULL light show and 100 dollar plus tickets....or rare songs, NO production and tickets at 40 bucks a pop....2nd choice would win out

Here's a c-note, take my money and give me pretty lights exploding in my face plz.

Deepvoid
06-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Every person I was able to bring to a NIN show, either casual fan or non-fan, bought his/her ticket because of the production that I used as a selling point.
I've seen hundreds of concerts in my life and by a mile, NIN is the easiest concert to sell to anyone who simply wants to witness a good show.

If you poll ETS, yes the $40 show with rare songs/no production would likely win. However, if you poll the thousands who attended each Tension shows, I believe the result would be different.

cahernandez
06-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Every person I was able to bring to a NIN show, either casual fan or non-fan, bought his/her ticket because of the production that I used as a selling point.
I've seen hundreds of concerts in my life and by a mile, NIN is the easiest concert to sell to anyone who simply wants to witness a good show.

If you poll ETS, yes the $40 show with rare songs/no production would likely win. However, if you poll the thousands who attended each Tension shows, I believe the result would be different.

Personally I would prefer the $100 dollar show, static setlist and big production, because NO OTHER band can pull off what NIN did with LiTS. U2 can do something similar, but it looks gimmicky and tacky. I went to the Houston show of LiTS, had not seen ANY video or read any setlist prior going to the show (show was early on that tour so it helped me going "blind" to it) and OH MY GOD. I was ECSTATIC during The Warning/Vessel/Piggy/Ghosts section, then The Greater Good. That section for me redefined what a rock concert could be, an experience when the visuals and the musicals are blended together to form a single sensory layer. To be able to witness what technology could do in a live setting without knowing about it...just WOW. And then the encore, Echoplex, where the stage becomes a musical instrument, and the emotional ending with In This Twilight. Still the best NIN show I've seen (and I was lucky to see NIN in a club setting as well, Australia 07 FTW).

billpulsipher
06-16-2014, 05:32 PM
i would argue that more people seem to like Wave Goodbye than LITS

Jordan
06-16-2014, 06:18 PM

That may be true, may not be. However, that doesn't speak for or against a large visual production. Again, you're not comparing apples to apples. Not only were the setlists completely different but the Wave Goodbye tour was a different animal altogether. NIN can put on INCEDIBLE shows with or without huge visual productions, no one is arguing that. But I highly doubt there is anyone who wasn't blown away by LITS and felt they didn't get their moneys worth. I personally would pay double to see it or tension again. I'll bet there are FAR more people who feel the same as I do than those who don't.

TheRealNs1
06-16-2014, 07:07 PM

The entire crux of your argument seems to hinge on "rarities" and "large visual production" being mutually exclusive.

Krazy
06-16-2014, 07:32 PM

WG maybe because it was a small number of intimate shows. NINJA + WG fuck no.

Not sure what others opinions on it is but I still consider NINJA into WG one touring cycle.

And that sure was a blast attempting to get WG tickets. ::rolls_eyes::

TheRealNs1
06-16-2014, 08:03 PM
WG maybe because it was a small number of intimate shows. NINJA + WG fuck no.

Not sure what others opinions on it is but I still consider NINJA into WG one touring cycle.

And that sure was a blast attempting to get WG tickets. ::rolls_eyes::

I would consider the ~8 true WG (NY, Chi, LA) shows to be a different cycle than the NINJA tour. No opener (or closer...), different setlist, different venues...

implanted_microchip
06-16-2014, 08:09 PM
billpulsipher : on the two super major production tours of NIN, we got songs like:

The Warning

The Greater Good blended with Corona Radiata

God Given

A Warm Place

All the Love in the World

Sanctified

Even Deeper

And most of those were regulars if not staples on the LitS and Tension tours; pretty much any one of those is far from a common song, several being rarities and a few having never been played before until then. This is all accompanied along with the giant productions that were those tours; to act like we either get the same old same old and pretty lights or god-tier setlists of rarity and a blank stage with a few lights above the band that do nothing is ridiculous. You're simplifying it into "big production" vs. "good setlists" as if we can't have both, and I think almost everyone would agree that both LitS and Tension had fantastic setlists. I'm sorry you have this constant fetish of going on here and complaining about anything possible and echoing this attitude of "man, NIN isn't how it used to be, remember when things were good?," but it's hit a point where pretty much every regular posting member responds to you saying something negating what you said, and you either ignore any argument that proves you wrong or you make blanket statements like "more people would agree," as if you've conducted fair polls without bias and have all of this raw data sitting around that you're just patiently waiting to unleash.

Just get over it, man. Enjoy the shows, and if you don't attend, then shut the fuck up, because it's not like it holds any impact on you. I'm going to go and have a great time in August, a ton of people just had wonderful experiences in Europe, Latin America and Australia, and I'm certain most of the American members here in states with SG tour dates are attending too, and y'know what? If you're not one of those people, then too bad, man. Sorry.

Oh and the irony of this to me is here you are complaining about visuals and yet just a week ago was it? you were whining that they didn't stream a festival show in Europe; why would you want to see the show if you don't care about visuals? I'm sure there's going to be a recording on RITC you can always download and listen to.

Just pick what you're going to be bitchy about it and stick with it.

Krazy
06-16-2014, 08:19 PM
I would consider the ~8 true WG (NY, Chi, LA) shows to be a different cycle than the NINJA tour. No opener (or closer...), different setlist, different venues...

Understood, and fair enough. Just my own personal experience was one Chicago show. Lighting was the same and was basically a longer set list with the same musicians.

Some of the NY and LA shows were obviously epic for die hards. Those who experienced those got pretty damn lucky, outside of the LA scheduling (TR sick I think??) fiasco but shit happens sometimes.

TheRealNs1
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Some of the NY and LA shows were obviously epic for die hards. Those who experienced those got pretty damn lucky, outside of the LA scheduling (TR sick I think??) fiasco but shit happens sometimes.

It was a godsend for me as the first show (the only one I had tickets to at the time) became the last show :D

CHI must've gotten really assed out. NYC got the first TDS set, LA got TDS set + "last" set.

Horican
06-17-2014, 08:47 AM
What do you mean no opener? Health, Mew, IO Echo and Queen Kwong opened those last shows

hani
06-17-2014, 10:10 AM
to be honest, if I may, I'd take a LITS show over WG show anytime

TheRealNs1
06-17-2014, 12:47 PM
What do you mean no opener? Health, Mew, IO Echo and Queen Kwong opened those last shows

oh shit you're right. I tried to block Health out of my mind and IO Echo came and left with their iPod commercial.

ItsJustDave
06-17-2014, 02:41 PM

If the laminates, passes, etc. are any indicator the band considered it a different cycle too.

Fist Fuck
06-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Of course it was a different cycle... I didn't think this wasn't obvious.

billpulsipher
06-17-2014, 07:44 PM
dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds fucking shot to shit. this is from 2 months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvqQY6b5IbA

zeegrizzle
06-17-2014, 09:35 PM
dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds fucking shot to shit.

Lol I think bill is one of the main reasons why I even check this forum. He does sound a little off tho

Fist Fuck
06-18-2014, 06:14 AM
dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds fucking shot to shit. this is from 2 months ago

That's horrible. Why would Trent even agree to CO-HEADLINE with them? I can see them as an opener, but not split 50:50 (even though NIN goes on last, as the inofficial headliner)

I really hope this co-headlining thing isn't the new trend in the concert industry...

ryanj101
06-18-2014, 08:50 AM
That's horrible. Why would Trent even agree to CO-HEADLINE with them? I can see them as an opener, but not split 50:50 (even though NIN goes on last, as the inofficial headliner)

I really hope this co-headlining thing isn't the new trend in the concert industry...

I saw SG a few months back and they sounded great...I suspect Chris' voice may be a little hit or miss from time to time, but I have heard a number of other shows where he sounded really good. I actually think that if there is any knock against SG it is that they haven't adjusted their setlist due to age...Trent won't get up there and do WITT or some of his other harder vocal numbers (and when he does, he adjusts the songs and throws in a bunch of "Hey's" to take some of the screaming out)....Chris gets up there and does Beyond the Wheel @ age 50.

At any rate, I am an SG fan (albeit a much bigger NIN fan), so I am really looking forward to this tour.

Side note since I am rambling and not really contributing to the thread...regardless of what you think about SG....check out a Chris Cornell acoustic show.

Vertigo
06-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Chris' voice is all miss all the time.

elevenism
06-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Chris' voice is all miss all the time.

aw shit, cut him a break...robert plant's voice is pretty fucked up, but i still went to see him and pagey when they toured

implanted_microchip
06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
As someone just going to see NIN and couldn't care less about Soundgarden (but I am actually really excited for Death Grips) I really don't mind how bad they sound (to me at least, I really just don't find anything enjoyable about them), if anything it'll make NIN seem that much better.

elevenism
06-18-2014, 02:44 PM
@billpulsipher (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2774) : on the two super major production tours of NIN, we got songs like:

The Warning

The Greater Good blended with Corona Radiata

God Given

A Warm Place

All the Love in the World

Sanctified

Even Deeper

And most of those were regulars if not staples on the LitS and Tension tours; pretty much any one of those is far from a common song, several being rarities and a few having never been played before until then. This is all accompanied along with the giant productions that were those tours; to act like we either get the same old same old and pretty lights or god-tier setlists of rarity and a blank stage with a few lights above the band that do nothing is ridiculous. You're simplifying it into "big production" vs. "good setlists" as if we can't have both, and I think almost everyone would agree that both LitS and Tension had fantastic setlists. I'm sorry you have this constant fetish of going on here and complaining about anything possible and echoing this attitude of "man, NIN isn't how it used to be, remember when things were good?," but it's hit a point where pretty much every regular posting member responds to you saying something negating what you said, and you either ignore any argument that proves you wrong or you make blanket statements like "more people would agree," as if you've conducted fair polls without bias and have all of this raw data sitting around that you're just patiently waiting to unleash.

Just get over it, man. Enjoy the shows, and if you don't attend, then shut the fuck up, because it's not like it holds any impact on you. I'm going to go and have a great time in August, a ton of people just had wonderful experiences in Europe, Latin America and Australia, and I'm certain most of the American members here in states with SG tour dates are attending too, and y'know what? If you're not one of those people, then too bad, man. Sorry.

Oh and the irony of this to me is here you are complaining about visuals and yet just a week ago was it? you were whining that they didn't stream a festival show in Europe; why would you want to see the show if you don't care about visuals? I'm sure there's going to be a recording on RITC you can always download and listen to.

Just pick what you're going to be bitchy about it and stick with it.

fuck yes. what he said.

Fist Fuck
06-18-2014, 05:25 PM
I can understand anyone here who is a SG fan and looking forward to the show. I'm not the one to talk shit about any band, I myself am a fan of certain bands that get a lot of shit. BUT wouldn't any SG fan prefer a SG solo tour? When I said horrible I didn't (just) mean Chris' singing, but the whole show in general. It just doesn't fit. Were both bands big in the 90's? Yes. Should they tour together 20 years later? I'd say no.

But most likely it's just the fact that both NIN and SG would struggle to tell out bigger venues, even in the States...

Ryan
06-18-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm glad we got NIN + QOTSA here...

Sarah K
06-18-2014, 05:45 PM
It is going to be SO HOT OH MY GOD.

Krazy
06-18-2014, 05:48 PM
It is going to be SO HOT OH MY GOD.

I was just thinking the same thing- especially for the southern/southeastern shows like Tampa and Atlanta.

I'm in Augusta right now, 95* and my sack was melting off just walking to my car from the hotel room. :O It's gonna be a bitch in an ampitheater with people all around you.

Hottest show I was ever at was couple years back- Iron Maiden at Marcus ampitheater in Milwaukee, I think 4th of July 2012. Was hovering right around 100*- right on Lake Michigan! I didn't even finish my second beer, my body was literally rejecting the alcohol from the heat.

Fist Fuck
06-18-2014, 06:02 PM

I actually forgot about that for a second. Well, I guess if you take two bands like NIN and QOTSA, it works perfectly. I can't confirm or deny that I was a but jealous when that tour happened down there.

burninglard
06-18-2014, 06:24 PM

We got them here in 2005. lol
I think some people forget that :)

Krazy
06-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Got them both here last year too, in a way- I know Lolla for a fact. Can't recall what other festivals they teamed up at but Lolla was QOTSA right before NIN on same stage and same night.

implanted_microchip
06-18-2014, 07:17 PM
2005 is almost a decade ago and not everyone can go to Lollapalooza. I would love to see NIN + QOTSA any day of the week for sure but I know to take what I can get.

ericy210
06-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Who opens if Death Grips isn't? Theyre not opening in Chicago because theyre playing the pitchfork festival the week before. So now I'm going to both shows. Death grips rocks

Lastentrance
06-19-2014, 08:21 AM
I can understand anyone here who is a SG fan and looking forward to the show. I'm not the one to talk shit about any band, I myself am a fan of certain bands that get a lot of shit. BUT wouldn't any SG fan prefer a SG solo tour? When I said horrible I didn't (just) mean Chris' singing, but the whole show in general. It just doesn't fit. Were both bands big in the 90's? Yes. Should they tour together 20 years later? I'd say no.

But most likely it's just the fact that both NIN and SG would struggle to tell out bigger venues, even in the States...

Really? I thought Tension was a sellout?
And the tour does seen odd to me, NIN have done a lot recently, whereas it seems like a throwback tour in regards to SG.

Sarah K
06-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Tension wasn't even close to a sell out in most places.

At the first show I went to, Groupon was selling tickets for like $25 the morning of the concert.

FeelBetterINC
06-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Tension wasn't even close to a sell out in most places.

At the first show I went to, Groupon was selling tickets for like $25 the morning of the concert.

Yeah sucks NYC/NJ were the only close Tension shows to me since they did Made in America Philly. I waited until the day of and still had to pay $150 I believe for floor on stubhub. That was for NYC show though and I had a ride so I couldn't pass it up. I'm so F'N glad I manned up and bought that ticket that morning. I would have been so mad at myself if I missed Tension. I wish I could only see one more light show, but this time I'd be more prepared to experience it....:p

FeelBetterINC
06-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Question.... just "assuming" NIN takes a break after this leg of touring what do you think is more likely for a new tour? I think its safe to say they'll definitely play bare bones type shows but as far as "special" shows goes do you think they will do...

-Another light show big arena I'd guess this if a new album is coming out.

-Small club with band

-Trent doing a solo "still" tour in clubs.

r_k_f
06-19-2014, 09:56 AM
We got them here in 2005. lol
I think some people forget that :)
that was my favorite tour... w/ DFA 1979 back together and recording a new album they should reboot that trifecta...
DFA1979 followed by QOTSA and closed out with NIN... magic.

r_k_f
06-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Personally I would prefer the $100 dollar show, static setlist and big production, because NO OTHER band can pull off what NIN did with LiTS. U2 can do something similar, but it looks gimmicky and tacky. I went to the Houston show of LiTS, had not seen ANY video or read any setlist prior going to the show (show was early on that tour so it helped me going "blind" to it) and OH MY GOD. I was ECSTATIC during The Warning/Vessel/Piggy/Ghosts section, then The Greater Good. That section for me redefined what a rock concert could be, an experience when the visuals and the musicals are blended together to form a single sensory layer. To be able to witness what technology could do in a live setting without knowing about it...just WOW. And then the encore, Echoplex, where the stage becomes a musical instrument, and the emotional ending with In This Twilight. Still the best NIN show I've seen (and I was lucky to see NIN in a club setting as well, Australia 07 FTW).

the entire The Warning/Vessel/Piggy/Ghosts section you mentioned was the coolest live music spectacle I've ever witnessed..

WorzelG
06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Really? I thought Tension was a sellout?
And the tour does seen odd to me, NIN have done a lot recently, whereas it seems like a throwback tour in regards to SG.
There's a thread on it if you're interested
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2575-Not-selling-out-shows

Krazy
06-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Give me uber awesome production, or give me death (by getting pissed at attempting to snatch NIN club tickets).

skip niklas
06-19-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm just thankful for TOIOU and the (hopefully) forthcoming Tension dvd's, because I haven't been able to see a big production arena show since the With Teeth tour, and I'll probably have to wait another 3-5 years for another shot at one.

WorzelG
06-22-2014, 07:14 AM
I've been really loving the pro-shot Lollapalooza Brazil show, the atmosphere looked amazing.

icecream
06-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Question.... just "assuming" NIN takes a break after this leg of touring what do you think is more likely for a new tour? I think its safe to say they'll definitely play bare bones type shows but as far as "special" shows goes do you think they will do...

-Another light show big arena I'd guess this if a new album is coming out.

-Small club with band

-Trent doing a solo "still" tour in clubs.
New album, big arena tour. Smaller overseas shows and maybe another amphitheater tour. Possibly with another 90s band.

WorzelG
06-22-2014, 11:32 AM
New album, big arena tour. Smaller overseas shows and maybe another amphitheater tour. Possibly with another 90s band.
Would people react well to a Smashing Pumpkins joint headline tour I wonder?

icecream
06-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Would people react well to a Smashing Pumpkins joint headline tour I wonder?
They are still pretty popular here but I couldn't see Billy shrinking his ego enough to let NIN go on last.

K-Rice
06-22-2014, 12:31 PM
I think it would be awesome if NIN released a new album around the same time Tool's new album finally comes out. Then they do a joint big arena tour together with the best production this side of Pink Floyd.

AgentofChaos
06-22-2014, 12:39 PM
NIN/Tool or HTDA/Puscifer or Trent/Maynard will probably happen. Eventually. At some point. When the time is right. I'm pretty sure.

As far the Pumpkins, I'd love that a thousand times more than a Soundgarden or Jane's co-tour. Billy's raw talent level far surpasses anyone in either of those bands. But I'm pretty sure I can't see that ever happening. I know there was some beef between the two at some point, not to say Trent isn't above putting it behind him to do it, but there are so many reasons why it wouldn't make sense given where both bands currently find themselves. But it'd be really fucking cool.

implanted_microchip
06-22-2014, 02:48 PM
I think it would be awesome if NIN released a new album around the same time Tool's new album finally comes out. Then they do a joint big arena tour together with the best production this side of Pink Floyd.

The cost of those tickets would make NIN and Tool fans turn to bank robbery

icecream
06-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Maybe they can settle it by having T-Rez wrestle Billy on his WWE show.

TheRealNs1
06-22-2014, 03:49 PM

BONUS: Danny Carey does TR a solid and plays TPD by himself (well, himself and mandala pads)

Joy Prevention Hotline
06-22-2014, 09:26 PM
I've been really loving the pro-shot Lollapalooza Brazil show, the atmosphere looked amazing.
I wish the audio levels were higher though. I have to crank my laptop's volume all the way up and it's still too quiet.

I love the idea that someone who'd just been introduced to NIN by the Austin City Limits broadcast noticed this on YouTube … and the first thing they heard was Wish. Hell, it was a minor shock for me. :p

Krazy
06-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh boy, the Tool and NIN mega tour conversation again. That would be my concert dream come true but ain't happening. Production wise it would be a logistical nightmare- which would probably mean one band would have to tone it down- and would probably have to be NIN. And if this years shows indicate anything Tool doesn't need any help filling arenas. I'd agree with something TR and Maynard related but that would mean Tool is out of the equation- if a new album actually comes out they would tour on and off for it for at least a couple years.

Which reminds me, from Meathead:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp060823.htm

Lol...

"RUMOR: Nine Inch Nails is going to tour with Tool next year.This would certainly be the wet dream of many people who are fans of being bored. Unfortunately for them, this will never happen. One of the most obvious problems here would be deciding who opens for who. Both bands have reached the point where they'll be goddamned if they're going to play second fiddle to anybody else, even the resurrected corpses of the Beatles. I suppose they could take turns, but Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth already tried that, and the last thing we need is Trent stealing yet another idea from those guys. Besides, if I really want a four-hour wankfest, I can do that at home. Oh, and 10,000 Days sucks. Just figured now would be a good time to mention that."

TheRealNs1
06-23-2014, 12:38 AM
lololol epic troll bait right thurr

FULLMETAL
06-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Wow. 100 pages?! I'll almost be glad when the NIN/SG leg is over so this thread can finally die a peaceful death.

sick among the pure
06-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Wow. 100 pages?! I'll almost be glad when the NIN/SG leg is over so this thread can finally die a peaceful death.

Since it's a discussion/speculation thread, the only thing that will end with the tour is the speculation aspect. You really think anyone is going to stop discussing the tour after the tour is over?

WorzelG
06-23-2014, 03:21 PM
What's wrong with this thread? It's just so people can talk about the tour even if they're not going to a particular show and not clutter up tour journals with people who weren't there

FULLMETAL
06-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh, the discussion and relevant tour talk have been great. I was just cranky with insomnia.

Vrolok1
06-23-2014, 04:03 PM
I think it will make sense 'till we arrive to 1,000,000, dont you?

icecream
06-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Who cares if a thread dies? Just don't go to it if you think it's stoopid.

Omega
06-23-2014, 07:13 PM
dont expect much from SG on this tour. Cornells voice sounds ***** shot to ****. this is from 2 months ago

Good gosh, lol..worse than it was in the 90s, didn't think it could be! Now I am kind of wanting some money back on my tix. What the heck. Never liked SG but that's bad!

TheRealNs1
06-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Good gosh, lol..worse than it was in the 90s, didn't think it could be! Now I am kind of wanting some money back on my tix. What the heck. Never liked SG but that's bad!

FWIW, Cornell's fucked up voice is better than the lead from Health's on point voice. So I stand by my original statement: SG with a Chris Cornell that can't sing still > all the other NIN openers in the past 5 years

Omega
06-23-2014, 07:31 PM
FWIW, Cornell's fucked up voice is better than the lead from Health's on point voice. So I stand by my original statement: SG with a Chris Cornell that can't sing still > all the other NIN openers in the past five years.

NIN hasn't had that many other openers in the past five years? lol:).

TheRealNs1
06-23-2014, 08:11 PM
NIN hasn't had that many other openers in the past five years? lol:).

health, mew, io echo, the bug, death grips, SSSC, whoever the fuck opened up for them for tension, etc.

Krazy
06-23-2014, 08:18 PM
It's not good by any stretch but Cornell's voice ain't THAT bad. Fuck, imagine if SG fans pulled up YT vids of LITS 2008 after Trent got sick. Or go and search recent Tool vids and listen to Maynard.

People get old, sheesh.

TheRealNs1
06-23-2014, 08:27 PM
It's not good by any stretch but Cornell's voice ain't THAT bad. Fuck, imagine if SG fans pulled up YT vids of LITS 2008 after Trent got sick. Or go and search recent Tool vids and listen to Maynard.

People get old, sheesh.

whoa whoa whoa now. Let's not get carried away here ;)

howdidislipinto
06-23-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm not looking forward to Soundgarden anyway (though it'll at least be worth it if they play Pretty Noose -- do they ever play that these days?), but I don't understand why Cornell is playing guitar. It just makes him be way less good at the thing he's known for, while adding barely anything to the sound of the band. They need a backup guitarist and Chris needs to just sing. /armchair SG criticism from a non-fan

Krazy
06-23-2014, 08:30 PM
whoa whoa whoa now. Let's not get carried away here ;)

Comparatively speaking when said singers were in their 20's, of course. :P

TheRealNs1
06-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Comparatively speaking when said singers were in their 20's, of course. :P

MJK can't sing Vicarious or HWAP anymore, but he's still fucking awesome singing APC + Puscifer songs.

billpulsipher
06-24-2014, 01:54 AM

People get old, sheesh.

other than Mike Patton, every other singer over 40 cant sing/scream like they used too (including TR)...but Cornell sounds brutal on the 2014 vids.....

Omega
06-24-2014, 12:56 PM
health, mew, io echo, the bug, death grips, SSSC, whoever the fuck opened up for them for tension, etc.

Haven't even heard of any of these bands but I would take them over SG:). LOL.

What Maynard sucks now? That's not good.

TheRealNs1
06-24-2014, 12:59 PM

You only say that because you haven't heard them. 30 minutes of this and I wanted to Erase myself. This was actually the highlight of the set right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3-qoZ_2J_I

No really, why the fuck do they even give the dude a mic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBGerFJkp_0

And seriously, you guys would take death grips over soundgarden?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGw7Wy6D4-M

MJK can't sing the long brutal notes like he used to. To say that he can't sing is a massive exaggeration.

billpulsipher
06-24-2014, 02:00 PM

What Maynard sucks now? That's not good.

Maynard hasnt been able to sing live in over a decade. Its well known that APC and Tool are shit live these days....as for The Bug, never heard his solo stuff, but he used to partner up with Justin Broadrick from Godflesh in this really sick band called Techno Animal back in the day. They also had a digital hardcore band called Curse Of The Golden Vampire

TheRealNs1
06-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I'll just leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6o6IM8gwfo

NOONE that was actually there that night could reasonably proclaim that MJK can no longer sing.

Omega
06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Holy crap that last DG vid was bad! LOL. My bad, that is just crap. I will take SG over that and that's saying something. But I guess both will be on the tour, so one gets the best of both worlds, that's awful. Why are these bands touring with NIN? LOL...that's some funny crap. What the heck, it's like Blue Man Group meets Vanilla Ice meets Aphex Twin, with Vanilla Ice singing. No thanks.

Over a decade, Maynard? I doubt that.

Edit, the only ppl that can't sing in that APC video are those in the audience, LOL.

Krazy
06-24-2014, 02:41 PM
I'll just leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6o6IM8gwfo

NOONE that was actually there that night could reasonably proclaim that MJK can no longer sing.

I was there that night!!!

Yes, Maynard still sounds fine with APC and Puscifer. He's lost quite a bit with Tool since some time after 10k Days for whatever reason- I understand it's not the same notes and that topic (he doesn't give a shit, mails it in for Tool, etc.) has been debated and beaten to death ad nauseum on forums so don't even feel like getting down there again.

TheRealNs1
06-24-2014, 02:45 PM
I was there that night!!!

Yes, Maynard still sounds fine with APC and Puscifer. He's lost quite a bit with Tool since some time after 10k Days for whatever reason- I understand it's not the same notes and that topic (he doesn't give a shit, mails it in for Tool, etc.) has been debated and beaten to death ad nauseum on forums so don't even feel like getting down there again.

Saturday or Sunday? Saturday = best day :D No seriously, you travelled from Milwaukee to LA for Cinquanta? Christ you're dedicated!

Krazy
06-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Saturday or Sunday? Saturday = best day :D No seriously, you travelled from Milwaukee to LA for Cinquanta? Christ you're dedicated!

Oh shit, my fault- didn't start the vid (just typing from phone during work break)- thought it was APC from Red Rocks back in '11. MJK sounded great that night, they were recording so he may have gotten a wee little bit of help. Sound wise it's probably the best show I've seen/heard.

Cant wait for Red Rocks in a month. Love that place. :)

TheRealNs1
06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Oh shit, my fault- didn't start the vid (just typing from phone during work break)- thought it was APC from Red Rocks back in '11. MJK sounded great that night, they were recording so he may have gotten a wee little bit of help. Sound wise it's probably the best show I've seen/heard.

so jelly, been wanting to make a trek out to Red Rocks for a show. It's like a top 5 destination for me, along with the Gorge.

head_lice
06-24-2014, 03:31 PM
FWIW, Cornell's fucked up voice is better than the lead from Health's on point voice. So I stand by my original statement: SG with a Chris Cornell that can't sing still > all the other NIN openers in the past 5 years

Why you hatin on Alec Empire yo!

pwing47
06-24-2014, 03:54 PM
you travelled from Milwaukee to LA for Cinquanta? Christ you're dedicated!

Another dedicated Wisconsinite here, haha. I traveled from Madison for both nights; worth it! On the topic of Maynard singing though, one of my favs of the night(s) was hearing him sing Breathe. "Don't forget to breeatheee!" (Edit: good stuff is around 3:22)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrTe4J9fgbE&t=3m22s

On the topic of traveling to NIN shows, I too am looking forward to Red Rocks. Lucky enough to be hitting up both nights :)

Jordan
06-24-2014, 04:26 PM

I keep coming across different people saying Red Rocks is incredible. What is it about this place that is so awesome? The rocks, yea they look cool as hell but it's more than that right? I'm going for the first time in July and want to know what I should expect?

Krazy
06-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I keep coming across different people saying Red Rocks is incredible. What is it about this place that is so awesome? The rocks, yea they look cool as hell but it's more than that right? I'm going for the first time in July and want to know what I should expect?

The scenery is incredible (that's an understatement)- located high atop Red Rocks park. I'm sure you you can google image the hell out of it. There's a few of my pics below when I was there a couple months ago for work and had time to kill before a flight. The ampitheater is open during park hours- you can even go on the stage.

Ive be only been there once, so can't make too much out of it, but it really was probably the best sounding place I've ever been to. Who knew a couple of huge slabs 'o rock would make for great acoustics?

Also not a bad seat in the house, with narrow seating and stepping theatre-like rows. Also have enough room for each person, it's a bit shoulder to shoulder but your seating area is about 2 large people deep.

Add that with a somewhat intimate crowd of 9500 and it's a must-go-to for music lovers.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/20DFD31F-9975-4386-B6FC-18D9FA184EA5.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20DFD31F-9975-4386-B6FC-18D9FA184EA5.jpg.html)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/C5784C86-FAA6-4919-BC91-578B3CAA0627.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C5784C86-FAA6-4919-BC91-578B3CAA0627.jpg.html)

From the stage...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/634E7FE9-627A-4ACA-995C-B48EEAD879B6.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/634E7FE9-627A-4ACA-995C-B48EEAD879B6.jpg.html)