PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

simonn
05-21-2014, 11:22 AM
jmtd and simonn , I got stuck in a terrible traffic jam in Luxembourg and arrived way late.They handed out tix at five or so and I was an hour late.Just went to the ordinary box office and the lady there had a lot of presale tix left to be handed out, apparently many had the same problem as me.Also got an email for the Bologna show and it says the pickup location will change after a certain time, so it just depends on the venue.So I'd say just go whenever you like and head straight to the box office, that should do.Btw, simonn, as far as I can tell a driver's license is NOT an official government ID, or are you sure that's different in the Uk?Maybe bring your passport just in case.And no one ever asked for that confirmation.

Blimey, just as well I asked! Can any other Uk-ers advise whether a driving licence would suffice, as I rather avoid taking passport if I can help it. Issued by Govt Agency, so had assumed it was ok...

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Blimey, just as well I asked! Can any other Uk-ers advise whether a driving licence would suffice, as I rather avoid taking passport if I can help it. Issued by Govt Agency, so had assumed it was ok...

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.
My friend used her driving licence photocard on Sunday and it was fine, it has a picture and address. She didn't need the paper portion, this is what i'm taking to Cardiff tonight, as its much easier to fit in a pocket than a passport. Will let you know if OK

simonn
05-21-2014, 12:25 PM
My friend used her driving licence photocard on Sunday and it was fine, it has a picture and address. She didn't need the paper portion, this is what i'm taking to Cardiff tonight, as its much easier to fit in a pocket than a passport. Will let you know if OK

I'm presuming you live close enough that if it isn't ok, you can pop home to get your passport...! Cheers, would be appreciated, the less I've got to carry (and potentially lose) the better!

Have a good night tonight - jealous of your 3 in a week! Though 2 in 2 days'll be pretty fun for me too!

botley
05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
The video screen imagery is fabulous on this leg of the tour. Opening the show with the scrim down in front of the screen yet seeing the ghostly "Me, I'm Not" imagery from behind it makes that song even more creepy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIx5zF2lnqc

simonn
05-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Suggestions they played You Know What You Are in Cardiff!

Just seen clip of Something I Can Never Have as well. Trent sounding awesome.

implanted_microchip
05-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Now THAT would be a surprise for sure. If it's true, these setlists keep getting more and more interesting.

Merovee
05-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Setlist from the Cardiff show, anyone?

pukkelpop
05-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Setlist from the Cardiff show, anyone?
Another 30min to go!

GavinCollins420
05-21-2014, 05:07 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/motorpoint-arena-cardiff-wales-53c09be5.html

jessamineny
05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
So @Ninteennightynine (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4584) is right in the Glasgow tour thread -- the song that opened the show is not Pinion/EOD. It's New Flesh (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACmEyoe-iY)(sounds like Pinion/New Flesh)

implanted_microchip
05-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Uhhhhhhh holy shit @jassamineny awesome find

I guess it's safe to say that along with opening with Me, I'm Not, setlist.fm is wrong right now?

GavinCollins420
05-21-2014, 05:31 PM
So @Ninteennightynine (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4584) is right in the Glasgow tour thread -- the song that opened the show is not Pinion/EOD. It's New Flesh (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACmEyoe-iY)(sounds like Pinion/New Flesh)

Wow. I was there and I didn't even notice that. On account of being absolutely buzzing, I guess.

jessamineny
05-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Uhhhhhhh holy shit @jassamineny awesome find

I guess it's safe to say that along with opening with Me, I'm Not, setlist.fm is wrong right now?

Credit to the OP.

What was the first song, if it wasn't MIN?

implanted_microchip
05-21-2014, 05:39 PM
edit: sorry i'm retarded, i was watching footage from the wrong show and didn't realize that it wasn't today's one

scorpiusdiamond
05-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Something went screwy tonight in Cardiff. Trent missed lyrics and whole verses and The Big Comedown wasn't played.
Dunno what was up...
Also, has there been a quantum fucktonne of Year Zero references in The Great Destroyer elsewhere? Loads of flashes of the UK flag, David Cameron, Barack Obama and tonnes of Year Zero stills were included tonight.

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
This is one situation where I'll say, the atmosphere more than made up for any sound fuck ups in Cardiff - it was like a holy communion with Trent! I had such a good time, and the light show was fantastic from the ground, I was standing rather than feeling out of things in the seats. Also Something I Can Never Have, Reptile, the Becoming, the Hand Covers Bruise / Beside you in Time thing with beautiful lights - and the Great Destroyer breakdown will never ever get old!

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm presuming you live close enough that if it isn't ok, you can pop home to get your passport...! Cheers, would be appreciated, the less I've got to carry (and potentially lose) the better!

Have a good night tonight - jealous of your 3 in a week! Though 2 in 2 days'll be pretty fun for me too!
Driving Licence was fine

scorpiusdiamond
05-21-2014, 06:50 PM
*SPOILERS*
Pretty cool setlist from the LX guy I found from tonight. Has all the LX/Video(Hippo)/Kinect stuff on there. https://twitter.com/welshman1976/status/469257449254715393/photo/1

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 06:56 PM
WHY didn't they play Big Come Down though I wonder?

scorpiusdiamond
05-21-2014, 06:57 PM
WHY didn't they play Big Come Down though I wonder?

Trent was having problems with the lyrics tonight. Screwed up Something I Can Never Have and quite a few others. He didn't talk much either.

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Trent was having problems with the lyrics tonight. Screwed up Something I Can Never Have and quite a few others. He didn't talk much either.
Maybe he should get an auto cue - just to make him feel really old. I'm still buzzing from tonight, trying to sleep

scorpiusdiamond
05-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Also quote ""I’ve sweat on all my shit and something blew up.""

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 09:59 PM
My mind keeps replaying the Great Destroyer breakdown bit of the show stopping me sleeping - and I don't even particularly like the noisy breakdown bits on Year Zero, weird

That other guy
05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Anyone got Ideas / thoughts if there will be a small fall tour?

scotty79
05-22-2014, 01:33 AM
My mind keeps replaying the Great Destroyer breakdown bit of the show stopping me sleeping - and I don't even particularly like the noisy breakdown bits on Year Zero, weird

It's absolutely nuts, my mate turned round and said he thought his jeans were gonna fall down with the vibrations off the bass

WorzelG
05-22-2014, 03:25 AM
It's absolutely nuts, my mate turned round and said he thought his jeans were gonna fall down with the vibrations off the bass
I really hope there ends up being some professional footage of this tour somewhere down the line, I guess if the festivals are streamed they will be properly filmed. Wonder if Rob will do some filming in the 02 tomorrow.
Aside from While I'm Still Here / Black Noise with the backup singers, I don't feel jealous of the Tension tour anymore

scotty79
05-22-2014, 03:46 AM
I hope so too, I'm gonna be looking up ritc for some audio even just for sanctified, was a definite favourite of mine on tuesday

Anne.
05-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Someone asked about the streaming of Primavera Sound :

Primavera Sound and Arte Concert are joining forces to broadcast the three main days of the festival live from the Parc del Fòrum in Barcelona. The broadcast will include a multichannel programme of the most outstanding concerts on the four main stages from Thursday 29th to Saturday 31st May, especially designed for all those who cannot attend the event and want to be part of the festival by living it virtually in real time in every corner of the planet.

FernandoDante
05-22-2014, 08:02 AM
The Great Destroyer was the best part of the gig I saw. The breakdown was insane, really long, and quite different from the album version.

icklekitty
05-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Also, has there been a quantum fucktonne of Year Zero references in The Great Destroyer elsewhere? Loads of flashes of the UK flag, David Cameron, Barack Obama and tonnes of Year Zero stills were included tonight.

This was the most I've seen for TGD since 2007. It was bascally a complete tutorial of the ARG. It was fab.

Maybe he should get an auto cue - just to make him feel really old. I'm still buzzing from tonight, trying to sleep

He has had lyrics taped to the floor before.

Vrolok1
05-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi everybody:

Is there any policy about taking potos, obviously I wont carry a professional camera, but a digital and small one.

Thanks

Anne.
05-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi everybody:

Is there any policy about taking potos, obviously I wont carry a professional camera, but a digital and small one.

Thanks
This depends of the organizer but in most of the shows it is allowed to carry pocket cameras.
Still, email the organizer just to know for sure.

simonn
05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi everybody:

Thanks

O2 is generally cool with this, be very surprised if there was a problem.

simonn
05-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Someone asked about the streaming of Primavera Sound :

Just gotta pray that they don't pull a Berlin...visually speaking.

Must learn how to reply to more than one post in my posts, but so far it's not worked well for me...:o

TheRealNs1
05-22-2014, 02:31 PM
hm.....

NIN Made in America festival, expanded to Philly AND Los Angeles.

Los Angeles = 8/30, 8/31. Last NIN show of NA tour = 8/25.

Lineup not yet announced and early bird tix are $120/2 day pass. What you guys think? Will NIN return to MIA fest and bring SG with them? Should I (we) make the pemberton gamble?

Glad I didn't buy tix cuz this lineup does not appeal to me AT ALL.

Deepvoid
05-22-2014, 02:54 PM
I've been browsing videos from the UK tour and THTF has never looked better.
The whole show looks great (setlist & production). Aside from being shorter, it may be as good as Tension 2013 if not better.

BYIT looks amazing with the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmz5U7GWnI

TheBang
05-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Anyone got Ideas / thoughts if there will be a small fall tour?
Based on the interviews Trent's been giving, it sounds like the Soundgarden tour is the end of this touring cycle, and nothing else would happen before 2015 at the earliest.

Papagolash
05-22-2014, 06:52 PM

I don't hear Pinion in there, I think I actually hear The Downward Spiral, along with The New Flesh.

ninlive
05-22-2014, 07:19 PM
I have a recording, it's definitely TDS/The New Flesh.

botley
05-22-2014, 07:33 PM
The whole show looks great (setlist & production). Aside from being shorter, it may be as good as Tension 2013 if not better.

Holy shitballs.

elevenism
05-22-2014, 07:46 PM
is that ally singing the high octave? good god i love BYIT. Well fucksake, maybe the stateside tour won't be so disappointing after all.

There is ONE thing...i hate it that trent has gone back to ending the show with hurt. I prefer in this twilight.

WorzelG
05-22-2014, 11:45 PM
I think it's doubtful they will be able to have a lightshow in the US summer tour though when they are co-headlining outside in the summer. Won't half the performances be in daylight?

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-23-2014, 12:28 AM
I think it's doubtful they will be able to have a lightshow in the US summer tour though when they are co-headlining outside in the summer. Won't half the performances be in daylight?
If they come on last it should be dark enough.

Ryan
05-23-2014, 01:25 AM
I have a recording, it's definitely TDS/The New Flesh.

Is that a first for this tour?

Kyle
05-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Co-headlining does not mean alternating. The tour with QOTSA was the first I've ever heard of that. I'm sure it's happened before but usually it doesn't. NIN/JA was co-headlining. So was NIN/Bowie.

nooneimportant
05-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Is that a first for this tour?

It's a first for any tour, I think.

Also the NIN/SG ticket I have says it starts at 7pm which is basically at Sunset. There will be lights, not sure what kind, though.

WorzelG
05-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade!
About to leave for London in 45 minutes. Can't wait - would like a setlist change up as long as The Great Destroyer stays, I want my sister to see it. Also tds / new flesh intro - yes please!

GavinCollins420
05-23-2014, 03:43 AM
Totally regret not getting a tour poster now. Cash was tight, so it was either that or the 3D t-shirt, which has no tour dates on it. I thought I might be able to snag one online but can't find them anywhere. Stupid mesmerising, really cool 3D t-shirts.

Le cry.

Ryan
05-23-2014, 04:53 AM

Sounds like he screwed the lyrics up and did the "feel the little pieces bleeding through" part twice and omitted the "now that I've decided not to stay..." part.

Ryan
05-23-2014, 04:54 AM
It's a first for any tour, I think.

Indeed. I added it to the notes in ninwiki.

Atu
05-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Based on setlist.fm (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/o2-arena-london-england-7bc08ed4.html) looks like TDS/TNF intro wasn't one night stand. Which makes me happy.

The Downward Spiral / The New Flesh
Me, I'm Not
Copy of A
March of the Pigs
Piggy
The Frail
The Wretched
The Becoming
Gave Up
Sanctified
Closer
Find My Way
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
The Day the World Went Away
Hurt

sheepdean
05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Great, fun show. No deep cuts so clearly it was the worst thing ever ofc

But I've not been watching videos of the Europe shows so I could see the lights fresh, and those were fucking pretty, everything did work so well together.

And christ, who the fuck thought Cold Cave were worth PAYING to appear?

Corona Radiata
05-23-2014, 08:17 PM
What song is this? http://instagram.com/p/oW1DA4Dqsu/

filmfanb
05-23-2014, 08:36 PM
What song is this? http://instagram.com/p/oW1DA4Dqsu/

that was towards the end of eraser

Amaro
05-24-2014, 07:46 AM
that was towards the end of eraser

Badass on both counts.

scorpiusdiamond
05-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Holy crap Nottingham had a good setlist. Crossing fingers for Manchester.

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 03:28 AM
If I didn't have kids and had more money I'd be on my way to Manchester right now, sigh! My sister kept annoying her husband the day after the show saying she wished she could impart to him how much of a genius Trent is! He doesn't really get it. Her 3 year old daughter has Copy of A and Satellite on her spotify dance playlist, she was sad she couldn't come with us to see Copy of A copy man.

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 05:36 AM
Wait just one minute. No Tension stage set. No Pino. No Lisa. No Sharlotte. Very disappointed indeed. My fault. I just assumed that the stage show would stay the same. Going to try and sell my ticket.

nooneimportant
05-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Wait just one minute. No Tension stage set. No Pino. No Lisa. No Sharlotte. Very disappointed indeed. My fault. I just assumed that the stage show would stay the same. Going to try and sell my ticket.

http://i.imgur.com/x2Ig0o1.gif

miss k bee
05-25-2014, 06:00 AM

OMG you serious?? mad!

GavinCollins420
05-25-2014, 06:05 AM

plz dont plz

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 06:29 AM
I know all of you beautiful people here worship at the altar of Trent, as indeed we all should. However, I was intrigued by the Tension iteration of NIN and was really looking forward to seeing it in action. Just as I always go and see Prince when Sheila E is drumming for him - what she brings as an artist makes the show better - I wanted to see Pino and the girls weave their exquisite shapes and colours into Trent's dark tapestry.

Trent is the man. Make no mistake. I wanted a different live experience. 4 blokes on stage with extra instrumentation being covered by sequencers and backing instrumentation is... Well... Y'know...

miss k bee
05-25-2014, 06:33 AM
No, but your trolling is making me laugh. Your loss.

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 06:35 AM
Trolling? How am I trolling? Yes, it is my loss. I'm really disappointed.

nooneimportant
05-25-2014, 06:42 AM
4 blokes on stage with extra instrumentation being covered by sequencers and backing instrumentation is... Well... Y'know...

What you just said dates all the way back to NIN's first live show in 1988 and you're just now getting upset about it in 2014?

What.

jmtd
05-25-2014, 06:46 AM
Personally I'm glad the backing singers aren't on this leg. Each to their own!

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 06:56 AM
What you just said dates all the way back to NIN's first live show in 1988 and you're just now getting upset about it in 2014?

What.

Goodness. Always a mistake to go against the prevailing orthodoxy. My bad.

But when you bought Hesitation Marks did you get the standard or the deluxe edition?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Now apply that to the live show. That is literally my only point. I'm not saying Trent sucks or that the live show is rubbish.

icklekitty
05-25-2014, 07:03 AM
Yes, yes. "prevailing orthodoxy" worshipping at the altar of Trent". We are all sucking his cock because we're going to and enjoying the current tour despite it being not exactly like the last tour.

sheepdean
05-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Goodness. Always a mistake to go against the prevailing orthodoxy. My bad.

But when you bought Hesitation Marks did you get the standard or the deluxe edition?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Now apply that to the live show. That is literally my only point. I'm not saying Trent sucks or that the live show is rubbish.
Did you get Pretty Hate Machine? Check the liner notes, who is in Nine Inch Nails? That's who you paid to see.

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Yes, yes. "prevailing orthodoxy" worshipping at the altar of Trent". We are all sucking his cock because we're going to and enjoying the current tour despite it being not exactly like the last tour.
What the-? My apologies if in an attempt at eloquence I gave the impression that I was having a swipe at any of you and came across as a massive penis. That wasn't the thrust of my point. At all.

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Wow. Tough room. What's the deal with airplane food...?

Ryan
05-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Fuck offskie.

jmtd
05-25-2014, 07:36 AM
I think we could all be a little nicer here...

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Fuck offskie.
That's great. Thanks.

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 07:54 AM
See, this is why I think they delayed release of the Tension blu-ray. I've even seen someone on twitter say to Trent, looking forward to seeing you with Pino! Unless you're up on all his interviews and on social media (nin related)I think people can be forgiven for assuming the tour will be the same worldwide.

UltraCynic
05-25-2014, 08:01 AM
See, this is why I think they delayed release of the Tension blu-ray. I've even seen someone on twitter say to Trent, looking forward to seeing you with Pino! Unless you're up on all his interviews and on social media (nin related)I think people can be forgiven for assuming the tour will be the same worldwide.
And I wasn't. Excited by the prospect of this evening's proceedings I joined this forum to see what the setlist might be and in no time at all I'm being told to "Fuck offskie". Nice.

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 08:20 AM
And I wasn't. Excited by the prospect of this evening's proceedings I joined this forum to see what the setlist might be and in no time at all I'm being told to "Fuck offskie". Nice.
Have you seen a show yet then? They've been AMAZING and I was one who was previously moaning about the lack of tension visuals / line up

GavinCollins420
05-25-2014, 08:23 AM

You should really go. I saw the show on Sunday and it blew my mind away. The visuals may not be exactly the same as Tension, but they're still damn nice.
Go. You won't regret it.

PLUS how often does the UK get a NIN tour with actual screens?! Don't take this for granted. It might not be back.

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Just found out my friend who came to Birmingham and Cardiff with me managed to get a few hours off work and go to Nottingham - she saw somewhat damaged and all time low, bitch! She's going to Manchester too, I'm so jealous

m15a
05-25-2014, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure whether you've been to NIN concerts before but if you haven't, I'd suggest checking it out anyway. If you have before, well, you mostly know what you'd be passing up so if selling the ticket makes sense, do it. The expanded group for the US tour definitely encouraged me to go to a second concert, so I can understand if it makes a difference.

But check out some footage on YouTube if you haven't. Might be convince you to go.

gorast
05-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Jesus Christ, way to sick the dogs on the dude just because his initial post was misinformed. This whole page got way, way worse as I scrolled down.

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 01:47 PM
There's not enough footage on youtube yet of the Great Destroyer from the Europe tour. It keeps changing and getting longer by all accounts, I hope there's more footage that just hasn't been uploaded yet. I haven't seen Rob filming around the stage at any gigs I've been at. I'm looking forward to the festival streams later on

icklekitty
05-25-2014, 02:00 PM
It does keep getting a bit longer but it stays rather uniform throughout. The 2007 mix was a lot more diverse (there's an upload from one of the less interesting mixes on the official nin.com account IIRC). The visuals are different though, it's more of a "Year Zero 101" thing.

I've seen Rob walking around with a camera but I think they've all been stills so far.

simonn
05-25-2014, 02:08 PM
There's not enough footage on youtube yet of the Great Destroyer from the Europe tour. It keeps changing and getting longer by all accounts, I hope there's more footage that just hasn't been uploaded yet. I haven't seen Rob filming around the stage at any gigs I've been at. I'm looking forward to the festival streams later on

Last night it seemed longer, but they didn't have the false ending that they had at the O2, so it's constantly evolving.

Just remembered, Trent didn't introduce the band last night...odd seeing as it was Ally's birthday. Was hoping for a 'happy birthday band member' moment.

GavinCollins420
05-25-2014, 02:36 PM

Here's one I took in Glasgow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHsKQTIphU

(Apologies for my singing and screaming.)

Fist Fuck
05-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Wait a minute. So, NIN are not touring with Marilyn Manson anymore? Who wants to buy my tickets?

Seriously though, this European leg of the tour evolved to something I'm even more excited to see right now than I would have been for most of the Tension shows. It looks and sounds like NIN, and that's great. He could still throw in 2, 3 rarities per night, but the setlist is great how it is. 15 more days!

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 02:44 PM
^^Wow - thanks for that, right in the thick of it! Sounds brilliant

billpulsipher
05-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Seriously though, this European leg of the tour evolved to something I'm even more excited to see right now than I would have been for most of the Tension shows. It looks and sounds like NIN, and that's great.

watch yourself man. dissing the backup/gospel singers will get you on the shitlist in the NIN community...for they are sacred apparently... it goes like: backup singers>>>>>danny lohner, richard patrick, charlie clouser, chris vrenna

Merovee
05-25-2014, 03:06 PM
...Setlist for 5/25?

GavinCollins420
05-25-2014, 03:08 PM
...Setlist for 5/25?

The show will only just have kicked off.

icklekitty
05-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Tonight's setlist appears to be this - show started 20 mins ago: https://twitter.com/paulbhampton/status/470652616503222272/photo/1

martin_b
05-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Tonight's setlist appears to be this - show started 20 mins ago: https://twitter.com/paulbhampton/status/470652616503222272/photo/1

It's better to avoid this thread a few minutes before every show you are going to attend. ;-)

simonn
05-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Tonight's setlist here - pretty much same as the O2, except - 1,000,000 followed by Letting You (different!). Also dropped The Becoming, no Frail/Wretched and Survivalism is in.

https://twitter.com/paulbhampton/status/470652616503222272/photo/1

Unless I've been completely suckered of course...

(Damn, was so busy trying to read it with my head at 90 degrees, and figure out what was in/out, that didn't know IK had posted it too! I lose.:o

dlb
05-25-2014, 03:30 PM
The setlists are really something by now, very solid, very cool and a good mixture of old and new NIN. Even a bit better than the 2013 festival run, which still is a highlight in NIN touring history for me as those seemed like the most complete and coherent sets song and production-wise.

I really hope we get some sort of stream or some pro shot footage out of this run! Especially the visuals for closer and eraser are amazing!

eik
05-25-2014, 04:59 PM

For what it's worth, here's the breakdown of TGD shot by my brother in Berlin (May 15). Sorry for the autofocus blur, but the sound is ok and he had a steady hand. I was standing next to him, but was simply blown away. For me, together with The Becoming and the HCB/BYIT combo, the most intense moment of that night...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1wpgge_nine-inch-nails-the-great-destroyer-breakdown-only-berlin-zitadelle-spandau-15-05-2014_music
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x1wpgge

AbjectMark
05-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I have taped the Manchester show. I'll get it sorted tomorrow when I get home and sent off to ritc

Fist Fuck
05-25-2014, 05:44 PM
watch yourself man. dissing the backup/gospel singers will get you on the shitlist in the NIN community

I'm looking forward to joining you, finally.

Nah, I did like the backup singers, I'm just saying that the current tour really portrays NIN the way I first got to know the band. A few more Fragile songs and it'd be like "Fragility 3.0" (Somewhat Damaged opening the show in Vienna, please?)

Merovee
05-25-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm looking forward to joining you, finally.

Nah, I did like the backup singers, I'm just saying that the current tour really portrays NIN the way I first got to know the band. A few more Fragile songs and it'd be like "Fragility 3.0" (Somewhat Damaged opening the show in Vienna, please?)

I thought the backup singers thing was a shitty idea but I'll leave it at that, this isn't the place for this...

More on topic I wonder why he doesn't do more songs from Hesitation Marks.

Ryan
05-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Imagine if he played The Slip from beginning to end one night...

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility since almost all the songs have been played live, aside from The Four Of Us Are Dying and Demon Seed.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-25-2014, 09:29 PM
I thought the backup singers thing was a shitty idea but I'll leave it at that, this isn't the place for this...

Because they work better with backup singers. :p

Ryan
05-25-2014, 10:07 PM

Oh snippity snap snip.

billpulsipher
05-25-2014, 10:16 PM

because there are female vocals on 0.0 songs on the album..I think ol trent can pull off HM songs without backup singers just fine

Kyle
05-25-2014, 10:24 PM

Don't let Bill fool you. Disliking the backup singers is perfectly fine. Being constantly negative and dismissive of everything the band does is tiresome. Completely different thing even if he refuses to acknowledge that.

sheepdean
05-25-2014, 10:47 PM
because there are female vocals on 0.0 songs on the album..I think ol trent can pull off HM songs without backup singers just fine
There's visual effects on 0 songs on the album, and yet somehow the live show is still great with them. What if, and stop me if I sound crazy, the live show isn't meant to just be the album live, but a whole new way of experiencing the music, different but in parallel?

Kyle
05-25-2014, 11:34 PM
There's visual effects on 0 songs on the album, and yet somehow the live show is still great with them. What if, and stop me if I sound crazy, the live show isn't meant to just be the album live, but a whole new way of experiencing the music, different but in parallel?
I think you're letting your general distaste of Bill get in the way of the fact that he does have a point. HM songs should be able to be pulled off just fine with the band he has now. The one exception would be that Trent doesn't seem to do falsetto live. But that can be worked around or worst case scenario, some songs just not played.

WorzelG
05-25-2014, 11:48 PM
So NIN are going on last at the Soundgarden shows
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kim-thayil-explains-why-soundgarden-will-perform-before-nine-inch-nails-on-upcoming-co-headlining-tour/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Kyle
05-26-2014, 12:08 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kim-thayil-explains-why-soundgarden-will-perform-before-nine-inch-nails-on-upcoming-co-headlining-tour/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
I hate to say I told you so but..... Well that's a lie no I don't.

But i do find the reason interesting. While I think it's part true and part bs, I think we should be expecting a pretty production heavy tour.

nooneimportant
05-26-2014, 12:14 AM

After reading that interview where Trent said they're gonna go heavy on production, I figured this would be the case.

WorzelG
05-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Is anyone in the national uk press going to review last week's shows? I thought at the very least someone might be at the 02 one, were they all at finsbury park sucking up to the overrated arctic monkeys?

icecream
05-26-2014, 01:12 AM
The new intro to Me, I'm Not sounds really good. Happy lots of the electronic songs from YZ are sticking around.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-26-2014, 01:36 AM
I think you're letting your general distaste of Bill get in the way of the fact that he does have a point. HM songs should be able to be pulled off just fine with the band he has now.
Hey now, nobody said Bill tastes bad. Might have bad taste, but that's a whole other thing.

… But yeah, I was being semi-facetious when I said that. (Who, me?)

But i do find the reason interesting. While I think it's part true and part bs, I think we should be expecting a pretty production heavy tour.
Part BS or just better than admitting that NIN has the upper hand?

Is anyone in the national uk press going to review last week's shows? I thought at the very least someone might be at the 02 one, were they all at finsbury park sucking up to the overrated arctic monkeys?
That, or else no one was willing to accept "Don't ask me about the fucking Beats thing" as a precondition. (For the record, I like Arctic Monkeys.)

WorzelG
05-26-2014, 01:41 AM
That, or else no one was willing to accept "Don't ask me about the fucking Beats thing" as a precondition. (For the record, I like Arctic Monkeys.)
No I just want a review of the shows, not an interview. It's not that I hate the Monkeys but they are being soooo overrated in the uk at the moment, and our press really fucking knows how to overhype, it ends up putting you off unfairly.

In NME The Downward Spiral got 4/10 and the Arctic Monkeys 10/10 (thats not entirely fair as they did give HM 8/10)

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-26-2014, 01:55 AM
No I just want a review of the shows, not an interview.
Whoops, misread that. Never mind…

In NME The Downward Spiral got 4/10 and the Arctic Monkeys 10/10 (thats not entirely fair as they did give HM 8/10)
Album reviews aren't worth the pixels they're, uh, printed with.

Papagolash
05-26-2014, 04:11 AM
Here's one I took in Glasgow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHsKQTIphU

(Apologies for my singing and screaming.)

Holy shit that's sick! I watched some clips of the song from the beginning of the Euro tour, they added a TON of photos and actual video on the big wall. Did I spy the blue screen of death?

scotty79
05-26-2014, 04:23 AM

There was a review of the glasgow show in the Sunday mail magazine, tried to find it online but i can't see it anywhere

dlb
05-26-2014, 04:30 AM
Holy shit that's sick! I watched some clips of the song from the beginning of the Euro tour, they added a TON of photos and actual video on the big wall. Did I spy the blue screen of death?

it was definitely there in London! ;)

Fangster_
05-26-2014, 05:03 AM
I think you're letting your general distaste of Bill get in the way of the fact that he does have a point. HM songs should be able to be pulled off just fine with the band he has now. The one exception would be that Trent doesn't seem to do falsetto live. But that can be worked around or worst case scenario, some songs just not played.

Are we forgetting that Alessandro is with the band and he's already doing falsetto on songs such as The Becoming?

GavinCollins420
05-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Did I spy the blue screen of death?

It's at 1:57.

Emil Dorbell
05-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Is there a good video and or an audio clip of the TDS/TNF opener?

ninlive
05-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Is there a good video and or an audio clip of the TDS/TNF opener?

Here is a snippet from the audio recording I have. Don't have the full thing yet, only the opening song in mp3. Lossless coming.

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/samples/other/20140520tdstnf.mp3

jmtd
05-26-2014, 11:47 AM
TGD in mcr had a 5 minute breakdown at the end, the bsod reoccurred over and over. Whilst Trent was triggering the loops from the recorded breaks won ally had a synth scream building and building...

Lastentrance
05-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Breakdown in Manchester was intense. Any ideas as to wether Trent or Alessandro and cueing visuals?

scorpiusdiamond
05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Breakdown in Manchester was intense. Any ideas as to wether Trent or Alessandro and cueing visuals?

I think it's linked into what they're cueing samples wise as in Manchester Trent hit a sample accidentally when he was supposed to have finished and visuals continued.
Also, I'm very sure they were sampling one of Cold Cave's songs in the recent live performances. (This one to be specific (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRvdyMwVQw))

billpulsipher
05-26-2014, 01:31 PM
http://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1279

Primavera will be streamed this weekend

icklekitty
05-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Imagine if he played The Slip from beginning to end one night...

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility since almost all the songs have been played live, aside from The Four Of Us Are Dying and Demon Seed.

watch me kill myself

[Shep]
05-26-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't know, Corona Radiata could be fun...

Ryan
05-26-2014, 06:26 PM
watch me kill myself

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120402225423/random-ness/images/3/34/Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Moebius
05-26-2014, 11:17 PM
it was definitely there in London! ;)

The BSOD has been in the visuals since Lights in the Sky: http://gizmodo.com/5048411/bsod-repeatedly-strikes-nine-inch-nails-concerts

http://www.korben.info/wp-content/uploads/farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/2926178219_9b569fbc3b_o.jpg

pukkelpop
05-27-2014, 03:34 AM
My personal highlight to the Manchester show: the SUNSPOTS tease. Dayem!

simonn
05-27-2014, 06:40 AM

This one from Nottingham's pretty good - looks ok on a big screen TV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENVYQ3Bjjg

GavinCollins420
05-27-2014, 07:58 AM
I have a few more videos from Glasgow but they're mostly just snippets of songs if anybody's interested? I got nearly all of Me, I'm Not but I filmed it in portrait mode on my phone because I'm an absolute moron.

If anybody wants to see them, I'll upload them to YouTube tonight.

r_k_f
05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
This one from Nottingham's pretty good - looks ok on a big screen TV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENVYQ3Bjjg

oh my goodness..

Amaro
05-27-2014, 10:54 AM
God I hate TGD.

GavinCollins420
05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
God I hate TGD.

But...why?

Amaro
05-27-2014, 11:12 AM
But...why?

It's mostly annoying to me. I think it'd work better in Still fashion and have Trent just absolutely destroy the grand piano for the breakdown.

heavenly_bearded
05-27-2014, 11:17 AM
But...why?
Transformer Bukkake

MechaFM
05-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned in this thread yet, but has anyone else noticed that Trent seems to be playing It Catches Up With You during Disapointed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvpLfUURjzI

Not sure what show this is from. Usually he plays the tambourine during that part.

GavinCollins420
05-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Here's the video I took of Me, I'm Not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC77MaJ1qRs

Again, apologies for the portrait mode. There are a few other videos on my YouTube page if you wanna check them out, but they're nothing special. Just small sections of Closer, CBH, TDTWWA, The Wretched and Gave Up.
I didn't realise that recording in portrait mode was a bad idea until about halfway through the show. Also kept covering what must have been the mic on the phone as the sound only comes out the right speaker in a few videos, but it's a new phone so I'm unsure of where the microphone even is!

Technology, man.

# % & !
05-27-2014, 02:00 PM
#‎NIN2014‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nin2014?source=feed_text&story_id=10203074991009353) ‪#‎nineinchnailstour‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nineinchnailstour?source=feed_text&story_id=10203074991009353) ‪#‎nineinchnails‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nineinchnails?source=feed_text&story_id=10203074991009353) we missed 1st 2 songs @ManchesterShitholeArena - barred 4 being 'too intoxicated'. It took 50mins and interventions by touts(sic) who couldn't believe what was happening and other door staff and managers to get us in...
Watch 'March of the Pigs' from '95 or Woodstock '94... Apparently the entire crowd, roadies, crew and band would have been denied access to the venue!
We know where we would rather go...
LAMEST VENUE IN UK... AVOID!

Sarah K
05-27-2014, 02:02 PM
#‎NIN2014‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nin2014?source=feed_text&story_id=10203074991009353) ‪#‎nineinchnailstour‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nineinchnailstour?source=feed_text&story_id=10203074991009353) ‪#‎nineinchnails‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nineinchnails?source=feed_text&story_id=10203074991009353) we missed 1st 2 songs @ManchesterShitholeArena - barred 4 being 'too intoxicated'. It took 50mins and interventions by touts(sic) who couldn't believe what was happening and other door staff and managers to get us in...
Watch 'March of the Pigs' from '95 or Woodstock '94... Apparently the entire crowd, roadies, crew and band would have been denied access to the venue!

Are you intoxicated right now?

pukkelpop
05-27-2014, 03:01 PM
we saw two Polish guys who didn't get in for being drunk. i felt really sorry for them.. the steward was a dick.

WorzelG
05-27-2014, 03:06 PM
I have to say, I was unusually sober at all these gigs, I had a glass of wine and 2 pints at the 02, two bottles of beer at Cardiff and only one pint at Birmingham in deference to my friend who was driving. But this is Britain - people like to drink alcohol, the staff should be used to it, at least let people in and then throw them out if they end up acting like tools once inside

implanted_microchip
05-27-2014, 03:12 PM
I understand kicking someone out for being disruptive/out of hand, hitting people, being dicks in general, etc. because they're too drunk, but seriously, people got kicked out just for being drunk in the first place? I remember the guy I was seated next to on the Tension tour was openly snorting coke throughout the show and looked like he was going to cry when the Amway stopped selling beer after 10 PM; he even went to the bathroom to throw up and get more beer at one point. And he was fine! (just to be clear, the guy was pretty awesome)

That's just really ridiculous to hear. Certainly there's got to be more to that story.

WorzelG
05-27-2014, 03:27 PM
OK so this review has got on my tits - it's bad enough that Trent constantly questions his relevance in every interview, but for people who are fans to suggest he fucks off back to LA and stops performing live is just annoying
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/live-reviews/nine-inch-nails-o2-arena-london-23-5-2014?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeedH

And I can't stand people who are just offended by anyone enjoying and singing to Hurt

TheBang
05-27-2014, 03:33 PM
OK so this review has got on my tits - it's bad enough that Trent constantly questions his relevance in every interview, but for people who are fans to suggest he fucks off back to LA and stops performing live is just annoying
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/live-reviews/nine-inch-nails-o2-arena-london-23-5-2014?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Gentlemen, start your photoshops:

http://cdn2.thelineofbestfit.com/images/made/images/remote/http_cdn2.thelineofbestfit.com/galleries/2014/2014-05-23_-_NIN_-_o2_Arena-11_541_361.jpg

pukkelpop
05-27-2014, 03:35 PM
I understand kicking someone out for being disruptive/out of hand, hitting people, being dicks in general, etc. because they're too drunk, but seriously, people got kicked out just for being drunk in the first place? I remember the guy I was seated next to on the Tension tour was openly snorting coke throughout the show and looked like he was going to cry when the Amway stopped selling beer after 10 PM; he even went to the bathroom to throw up and get more beer at one point. And he was fine! (just to be clear, the guy was pretty awesome)

That's just really ridiculous to hear. Certainly there's got to be more to that story.
they were far from aggressive. actually they took it with humour and tried it with "my friend has a medical condition". i saw them after the show, now being really drunk cause they sat all the concert through at a bar...
especially from Poland, i hated to see that.

implanted_microchip
05-27-2014, 03:39 PM
they were far from aggressive. actually they took it with humour and tried it with "my friend has a medical condition". i saw them after the show, now being really drunk cause they sat all the concert through at a bar...
especially from Poland, i hated to see that.

That's crazy. No refund or anything? So basically they paid somewhere around 100 dollars a person to get kicked out for drinking w/o any warning about not being aloud to be intoxicated, and then just basically spent more on drinking instead of getting to see the show. That really blows.

sheepdean
05-27-2014, 03:49 PM
You know, I would be so fucking happy if there was someone being drunk and obnoxious next to me at a show and they got kicked out.

Merovee
05-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Setlist for 5/27 anybody?

WorzelG
05-27-2014, 03:58 PM
This is more like it http://dotsanddashes.co.uk/live/review-nine-inch-nails-the-o2-arena/

implanted_microchip
05-27-2014, 04:02 PM
You know, I would be so fucking happy if there was someone being drunk and obnoxious next to me at a show and they got kicked out.

Yeah but the thing is these people weren't even acting up, they were just there. There's a big difference IMO, if someone is fine and handling themselves well it's ridiculous to tell them to leave.

TheRealNs1
05-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Gentlemen, start your photoshops:

http://cdn2.thelineofbestfit.com/images/made/images/remote/http_cdn2.thelineofbestfit.com/galleries/2014/2014-05-23_-_NIN_-_o2_Arena-11_541_361.jpg

"I surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiing"

ryanmcfly
05-27-2014, 06:41 PM
NIN is getting an hour and twenty at rock am ring on Saturday. Rock am ring usually gets streamed

Ryan
05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
"I surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverythiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiing"

hahahahahahaha

Ryan
05-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Setlist for 5/27 anybody?

Check ninwiki, I just made the entry for it.

r_k_f
05-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Transformer Bukkake
Money shot of ones and zeros...

Ryan
05-27-2014, 11:51 PM

http://oi59.tinypic.com/zlvjig.jpg

nooneimportant
05-28-2014, 02:25 AM
These are some amazing pictures.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1c942b4e8c526703ac6fd9050e70d130/tumblr_n68lgbwhSd1s726nxo9_1280.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/72d673a387358e6234546058524e55c6/tumblr_n68lgbwhSd1s726nxo4_1280.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b7479988ffce237269ab5801b3bef644/tumblr_n5k71wFYoS1s726nxo3_1280.jpg

# % & !
05-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Straight up, I was with my wife (we're both 50!) and we weren't even being offensive, loud, swearing, or stumbling about or into anybody and didn't even argue when stopped, we just tried the two other venue entrances but the manager had radioed around barring us. We went back to the main entrance above the railway station and luckily the original two jerks had left and the other staff there realised the absurdity of the situation when I questioned the rational of exactly why we were being excluded. They tested us by asking our seat location and when we could read our tickets ESCORTED us in. WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE HANGOVERS the next day! The touts who saw us out side walking back and forth between the entrances had thought we must have had dodgy tickets that wouldn't scan and couldn't believe it when they realised what was happening to us, and harranged the door staff to let us in so kudos for their support. We had legit tickets straight from the promoters. Again LAME VENUE-AVOID. So glad we only missed 3 songs (just seen the setlist). The bands was really amazing...particularly Trents singing and Ilans drumming and his bass playing was exceptional, a real revelation-were not expecting that at all.

cahernandez
05-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Does someone know which song has the "Moon" visuals (see picture above)?

WorzelG
05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Does someone know which song has the "Moon" visuals (see picture above)?
I think it was the end of Eraser

Digital Twilight
05-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Correct. The end of Eraser.

gorast
05-28-2014, 06:48 PM
I like this recent trend of opening with Me, I'm Not. That song is amazing live.

Ryan
05-28-2014, 06:48 PM
At the most recent show in Belgium, Trent did March Of The Pigs, Piggy, then Reptile.

Normally when he shuffles shows he'll do March Of The Pigs then replace Piggy with Something I Can Never Have, then Reptile.

Has there ever been an instance where he's done all four?

i.e.

March Of The Pigs
Piggy
Something I Can Never Have
Reptile

?

TheRealNs1
05-28-2014, 07:05 PM
n/m, I was wrong.

Ryan
05-28-2014, 07:32 PM
*un-like if I could*

TheRealNs1
05-28-2014, 07:53 PM
I CAN'T TELL

setlist.fm says piggy wasn't played at woodstock 94, but google says that it was. Need to go home and consult my recordings.

sheepdean
05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
I CAN'T TELL

setlist.fm says piggy wasn't played at woodstock 94, but google says that it was. Need to go home and consult my recordings.
Fuck setlist.fm, use ninwiki http://www.ninwiki.com/Woodstock

Krazy
05-28-2014, 08:05 PM
^^^Edit: beat me to it.

NIN wiki and NIN tour history says Piggy wasn't played. Been a while since I watched it but don't remember it being played on any vids.

kevinbeetle
05-28-2014, 08:17 PM
I like this recent trend of opening with Me, I'm Not. That song is amazing.
fixed that for you

Kyle
05-28-2014, 09:30 PM
At the most recent show in Belgium, Trent did March Of The Pigs, Piggy, then Reptile.

Normally when he shuffles shows he'll do March Of The Pigs then replace Piggy with Something I Can Never Have, then Reptile.

Has there ever been an instance where he's done all four?

i.e.

March Of The Pigs
Piggy
Something I Can Never Have
Reptile

?
Not in that order exactly, but FDtS had all four. MOTP piggy and reptile early on and SICNH as the closer.

Ryan
05-28-2014, 09:37 PM
FDTS had the best set list structures.

# % & !
05-29-2014, 05:39 AM
TDTWWWA was an unexpected highlight, and Closer sounded so fresh. The new songs sound so much more emotive live. The lights + mix were brilliant too, but five people sitting in a row front of us didn't clap once through the whole show until after Hurt.

nooneimportant
05-29-2014, 05:53 AM
No NIN stream this weekend, but it may be a last second thing, I don't know.

http://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1287&lang=en

witte
05-29-2014, 10:57 AM
My NIN holidays are done.
4 shows (luxembourg-london-amsterdam-antwerp): all great. Antwerp was minor: sound was bad.
Met many great people.
Setlists and visual were perfect and at last Europe received what it deserved: a complete show of good music and awesome visuals (by the way: the festival visual last year were great too).

billpulsipher
05-29-2014, 12:30 PM
No NIN stream this weekend, but it may be a last second thing, I don't know.

http://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1287&lang=en

so much for that...there's always rock am ring

Ryan
05-29-2014, 06:55 PM
setlist.fm doesn't list an opening song in France. Did they open straight into Me, I'm Not as listed?

slave2thewage
05-30-2014, 01:58 AM
^it was the Downward Spiral/The New Flesh mashup intro.

That's the end of my NIN shows for now. The best part was meeting so many people who get what it's like to love the music of a short, angry man.

Ryan
05-30-2014, 03:11 AM
^it was the Downward Spiral/The New Flesh mashup intro.

That's the end of my NIN shows for now. The best part was meeting so many people who get what it's like to love the music of a short, angry man.

Someone posted this in the tour journal:

The intro was somehing new, wasn't it ? Definitly not The New Flesh orTDS. Maybe some Gone Girl ?

slave2thewage
05-30-2014, 03:13 AM
He's mistaken. It definitely was that mashup.

jessamineny
05-30-2014, 05:11 AM
Also from the Tour Journal. This makes me lawllllll if it's true. Oh, Trent.

I spotted parts of The Perfect Drug in the intro.

Khrz
05-30-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm talking about the weird distorted noise right before the outro . I'm pretty sure that sample was part of the loop...

FULLMETAL
05-31-2014, 01:43 AM
Fuck, fuck, FUCK! I want one of the festival dates for the European tour broadcast and recorded for posterity. The audience recordings have captured some really killer arrangements for this version of NIN and I would love to have a professional mix of one of these shows for my archive.

ryanmcfly
05-31-2014, 02:02 AM
Since this show won't be broadcasted, they will definitely play Ruiner, We're In This Together, and The Perfect Drug. Each five times for good measure.

Kyle
05-31-2014, 02:03 AM
So far it looks like at all the 2014 shows (at least this leg, I think all of them) have had at least one (usually more) songs in the setlist I've never seen live before. That's all I want for NIN/SG. At least one new (for me) song. Preferably TGD, but at least something. It will be my eighth show and so far every one has had at least one new (for me) song. Even when I saw them twice about a week apart on the Fragility tour. The setlists were almost identical but they didn't play JLYI at the first one so that was new at the second.

BRoswell
05-31-2014, 02:08 AM
Random, but on the next tour leg, I'd love to hear the show start with 3:14 Every Night+Pinion+The Eater Of Dreams.

nooneimportant
05-31-2014, 06:45 AM
Fuck, fuck, FUCK! I want one of the festival dates for the European tour broadcast and recorded for posterity. The audience recordings have captured some really killer arrangements for this version of NIN and I would love to have a professional mix of one of these shows for my archive.

We're probably going to get some footage out of Rock Am. I would be surprised if we didn't.

TheBang
05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Live streaming for Rock am Ring:

http://www.ringrocker.com/rock-am-ring-livestream.php
http://www.swr3.de/musik/rock-am-ring/
http://www.swr3.de/musik/rock-am-ring/Rock-am-Ring-Livestream-mit-Iron-Maiden-Metallica-Marteria-vielen-mehr/-/id=1453942/did=2659252/s56o2p/index.html

Streaming schedule will be posted on Thursday. It will also be broadcast on TV on Eins Plus channel.

FernandoDante
05-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Weird that they have a proper, awesome stage setup now and chose not to broadcast it.

Fist Fuck
05-31-2014, 12:06 PM
^Maybe the plan is to film it and release it on the Tension DVD as bonus footage, like some songs from the 2006 summer tour were on the BYIT DVD. I'd love to see a pro-shot of BYIT, Eraser, TGD, etc., so hopefully that's the case.

Hey Trent, film it in Vienna!

Beta
05-31-2014, 03:42 PM
just curious and did not follow this tour too closely, but did trent throw any tantrums in any 2014 concert?

billpulsipher
05-31-2014, 05:34 PM
^Maybe the plan is to film it and release it on the Tension DVD as bonus footage, like some songs from the 2006 summer tour were on the BYIT DVD. I'd love to see a pro-shot of BYIT, Eraser, TGD, etc., so hopefully that's the case.

Hey Trent, film it in Vienna!

Id prefer watching an entire show pro shot as opposed to 3 songs thrown on as a bonus like they did with the WT summer show.......

simonn
05-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Id prefer watching an entire show pro shot as opposed to 3 songs thrown on as a bonus like they did with the WT summer show.......

Presume you mean the full LA show, not LA, plus a full euro show?

If we can get full Staples plus a handful of extras, including TGD, which is obviously the highlight of the Euro shows, I'd be more than happy. And a Rob Sheridan photo gallery....

Merovee
05-31-2014, 06:00 PM
5/31 Spain setlist?

F-JD
05-31-2014, 06:02 PM
They're just 30 minutes into the show.

billpulsipher
05-31-2014, 06:23 PM
Presume you mean the full LA show, not LA, plus a full euro show?

I mean a full Euro show...Would be pretty idiotic of TR to pull the plug on allowing a Euro show to be streamed in its entirety just so he can throw 3 or 4 songs from that tour as an added bonus on the Tension dvd.....I would think Rock Am Ring will be broadcast in full, they always air every band on the main stage every year...If they dont, then you know TR is pulling strings

elevenism
05-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Not in that order exactly, but FDtS had all four. MOTP piggy and reptile early on and SICNH as the closer.
Are you SURE that SICNH was the closer? because i saw nin in 94 and early 95 and i could have SWORN it was hurt.
You know what? i'm gonna check out the setlist on those shows.

BTW, now that i think about it? i think that fuck you like the animals song was the closer...

see what i did there?

FULLMETAL
05-31-2014, 09:57 PM
^^ Looking at RITC for my FTDS show in Orlando came up with no recording (NTH has SICNH as the closer), so I thought I'd check the Sentinel newspaper for any reviews of the show. No real help in terms of the setlist as this joker is talking about "Heresy" when I'm guessing he meant "Happiness in Slavery." Anyhow, it's an amusing read especially considering the bizarre reference to a NIN reunion in 2015.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1995-01-29/news/9501280930_1_trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails-reznor-music

Nine Inch Nails Pounds Out Its Message Of Angst
January 29, 1995|By Parry Gettelman Sentinel Popular Music Critic

Nine Inch Nails is one of the louder rock acts on the arena circuit. Nevertheless, once you jam the earplugs far enough in so your cochleae don't seem in imminent danger of imploding, those repetitive, computer-generated Nine Inch Nail rhythms are really kind of lulling.

In fact, Friday night at the Orlando Arena, I found myself entering a deep meditative state in which I began to reflect: What does Nine Inch Nails founder, front man and sole proprietor Trent Reznor do if he has to play a gig, but he's in a good mood?

Is there some kind of method-actor-type routine of which he might avail himself to sing something as tortured as ''Mr. Self Destruct'' or ''I Do Not Want This,'' when he has just made the cover of Rolling Stone or received a really big royalty check?

Do Grammy nominations make it hard to muster the proper ferocity for toppling a keyboard or hurling a guitar in the general direction of the drummer?

I concluded that Reznor probably has a bottomless well of angst to draw from, like any great artist, or, for that matter, like anyone reckless enough to turn on Headline News at the top of the hour. And it probably helps that much of the sonic backdrop he created sounds something like the entire contents of a Ginsu knife warehouse being mangled by a gargantuan garbage disposal.

Somewhere in the midst of the assaultive rhythms of ''Piggy,'' or perhaps it was the assaultive rhythms of ''Heresy,'' as the lights throbbed and the dry-ice fog coagulated on stage, I started wondering: Will there be a Nine Inch Nails reunion in the year 2015?

Reznor wouldn't have to worry about any holdouts among band members, since, as it states quite clearly in the liner notes of NIN's 1989 debut album, Pretty Hate Machine: ''Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor.'' (Plus, for touring purposes, a whole bunch of computerized equipment and four or five guys back there in the smoke kind of playing along on guitars and whatnot.)

Once fans are old enough to lose interest in ticking off their parents with abrasive music and ''shocking'' lyrics, how relevant will Nine Inch Nails be? Reznor does have a knack for imbedding hooks in unlikely places. ''Head Like a Hole'' and ''Down In It,'' older songs played at the end of the regular set, are distinctly catchy. And he sometimes shows a real flair for dynamics, as in his hit ''March of the Pigs,'' when the din is suddenly displaced by a nice little piano riff.

However, Reznor's music doesn't have the stylistic breadth or saving self-mockery of Ministry, his most notable precursor on the industrial-rock scene. And NIN seemed more a catharsis for Reznor than for the audience Friday. Except when he played the hits, most of the teens in the upper deck sprawled across empty seats smoking, drinking sodas or bobbing their heads.

By the end of the half-hour encore, there were a few parents with pained expressions waiting by the doors. I wondered whether, 20 years from now, their kids would be back inside watching ''NIN Unplugged,'' or standing by the doors plugging their ears against the next generation's brand of cacophony.

nooneimportant
06-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Primavera Sound setlist:

The Downward Spiral / The New Flesh

Me, I'm Not (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Me,+I%27m+Not)

Sanctified (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Sanctified)
(with Sunspots riff)

Copy of A (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Copy+of+A)

The Day the World Went Away (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Day+the+World+Went+Away)

Reptile (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Reptile)

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Piggy (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Piggy)

The Frail (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Frail)

The Wretched (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Wretched)

Disappointed (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Disappointed)

Came Back Haunted (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Came+Back+Haunted)

Survivalism (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Survivalism)

Gave Up (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Gave+Up)

Find My Way (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Find+My+Way)

Closer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Closer)

The Warning (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Warning)

The Great Destroyer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Great+Destroyer)

Wish (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Wish)

The Hand That Feeds (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Hand+That+Feeds)

Head Like a Hole (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Head+Like+a+Hole)

Hurt (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Hurt)

What the hell is TDTWWA doing in the 4th spot?!

Ryan
06-01-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm very fond of this arrangement in Barcelona:

"The Downward Spiral (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Downward_Spiral_%28song%29)" / "The New Flesh (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_New_Flesh)"
"Me, I'm Not (http://www.ninwiki.com/Me,_I%27m_Not)"
"Sanctified (http://www.ninwiki.com/Sanctified)"
"Copy Of A (http://www.ninwiki.com/Copy_Of_A)"
"The Day The World Went Away (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Day_The_World_Went_Away_%28song%29)"
"Reptile (http://www.ninwiki.com/Reptile)"
"March Of The Pigs (http://www.ninwiki.com/March_Of_The_Pigs_%28song%29)"
"Piggy (http://www.ninwiki.com/Piggy)"
"The Frail (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Frail)"
"The Wretched (http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Wretched)"

ZootZap
06-01-2014, 04:53 AM
....I would think Rock Am Ring will be broadcast in full, they always air every band on the main stage every year...If they dont, then you know TR is pulling strings

They don't play on the main stage. It's the alterna stage. So I don't know, if every act on this stage will be broadcast....

icklekitty
06-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Ergh

So I've finished my shows for this tour and *personal opinion alert* I found the shows a bit underwhelming. The band performed well, though Trent aside there seemed to be a huge lack of charisma - I expect more than just some guys on stage playing instruments from this band. Very happy with the YZ and HM heavy set lists but they've been extremely static - some of you may recall that I frequently exclaim that light shows are stupid because the set list and performance is compromised; this definitely proved that for me. A lot of the shows felt predictable and overrehearsed as a result.

I don't regret it. I had fun and yet again made loads of new friends and experiences. But something was missing. The soullessness of arenas didn't help. Perhaps I've been too spoiled by past tours.

/butthurt

nooneimportant
06-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Apparently they didn't have the video screen for Primavera Sound Festival, so it looks like that's not going to happen for Rock Am, but I could be wrong.

jessamineny
06-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Are you SURE that SICNH was the closer? because i saw nin in 94 and early 95 and i could have SWORN it was hurt.
You know what? i'm gonna check out the setlist on those shows.

BTW, now that i think about it? i think that fuck you like the animals song was the closer...

see what i did there?

According to nintourhistory, SICNH was the show closer in Dallas 10/29/94 (http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=281)(I'm assuming that's what you saw). It closed the show again in Dallas on 2/11/95 (http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=299)

scorpiusdiamond
06-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Ergh

So I've finished my shows for this tour and *personal opinion alert* I found the shows a bit underwhelming. The band performed well, though Trent aside there seemed to be a huge lack of charisma - I expect more than just some guys on stage playing instruments from this band. Very happy with the YZ and HM heavy set lists but they've been extremely static - some of you may recall that I frequently exclaim that light shows are stupid because the set list and performance is compromised; this definitely proved that for me. A lot of the shows felt predictable and overrehearsed as a result.

I don't regret it. I had fun and yet again made loads of new friends and experiences. But something was missing. The soullessness of arenas didn't help. Perhaps I've been too spoiled by past tours.

/butthurt

I can understand this entirely, I didn't feel exactly the same way, maybe because I have only seen two (very similar) incarnations of the band (2009/2014) live.
I do agree that the thing I enjoyed the least was the enthusiasm of Trent and the band. In Cardiff especially he was moody and short, not saying much at all or seeming like he was enjoying himself. They all seemed bored, even though they played well. I loved the light show and the sound and the instrumentation, and the crowds were pretty great too (minus some idiots) but all in all I feel like it just lacked something. I was gutted that the Pino/Josh/backing singers lineup wasn't used in Europe, especially as it sounded incredible. I would've preferred that with a minimal stage setup to what we got on the actual tour.
I think if I had seen the 2007 tour with the With Teeth lineup, I would've been even more disappointed. I'm kind of glad I don't have that high bar to set against, but obviously deeply upset that I never did see it.

simonn
06-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Ergh

/butthurt

It's a shame you didn't get to experience the Nottingham show - that was almost like the Berlin show in a way, setlist varied significantly from the rest of the recent shows, and I still can't really fathom why (not complaining!!) as we still got all the bells and whistles....I agree that there may have been a slight 'going through the motions' vibe at times - as Trent himself said it's all about execution and exhaustion at this stage, which is a bit sad to hear.

Would've preferred a chattier, happier Trent than we saw. Is it that he feels less comfortable away from the US - certainly I've seen footage of him speaking for extended periods of time in America, and he seems more at ease. Or maybe it was the less than stellar sales that has put him in a less agreeable mood?

Personally though, I was buzzing after last weekend - maybe only having seen them 5 times means the novelty hasn't worn off yet for me?!

If there's one benefit from this experience, hopefully it'll be the dawning realisation that they're not big enough in the UK for 6 big arena shows unless they have a stellar support act, and they'll revert back to the Brixtons of this world. (or, more likely, just do 2-3 arena shows instead).

Kyle
06-01-2014, 08:52 AM
According to nintourhistory, SICNH was the show closer in Dallas 10/29/94 (http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=281)(I'm assuming that's what you saw). It closed the show again in Dallas on 2/11/95 (http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=299)
It was the closer every day of that tour except for the days when there was no encore and in the three day stretch in Los Angeles they mixed things up a bit.

elevenism
06-01-2014, 06:37 PM

that is fucking bizarre.
Just goes to show how unreliable memory can be.

Fist Fuck
06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2913/14320410492_bd5298c28e_o.jpg

:eek:

m15a
06-02-2014, 10:22 AM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2913/14320410492_bd5298c28e_o.jpg

:eek:

I feel like Trent's going a bit overboard with the horror aspect of Came Back Haunted.

Fist Fuck
06-02-2014, 10:47 AM
I feel like Trent's going a bit overboard with the horror aspect of Came Back Haunted.

Came Back Hulked?

Also, this comes to mind:

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/cartoon030.htm

Fangster_
06-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I saw your username "Fist Fuck" together with that picture and, well, made the unfortunate connection.

UltraCynic
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Ergh

/butthurt
Similarly underwhelmed.

pukkelpop
06-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Similarly underwhelmed.
the curse of being a great live band...are the expectations

Anne.
06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Did they announce the streaming plan for Rock am Ring and Rock im Park?

TheBang
06-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Did they announce the streaming plan for Rock am Ring and Rock im Park?
Schedule is supposed to go up Thursday.

Sarah K
06-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Uhhhhhh... http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/unipol-arena-bologna-italy-53c03fb5.html

Goddamn.

*edit* LOLJK

This is what it originally said, and I was peeing my pants:

Somewhat Damaged
Last
Copy of A
The Line Begins to Blur
March of the Pigs
Me, I'm Not
Gave Up
Burn
Came Back Haunted
The Frail
The Wretched
Ruiner
Find My Way
You Know What You Are?
Survivalism
The Great Destroyer
I Do Not Want This
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Eraser
The Day the World Went Away
While I'm Still Here
Hurt

ryanmcfly
06-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Down in it snippet during closer?

Sarah K
06-03-2014, 06:40 PM
I'd imagine that is an error.

scorpiusdiamond
06-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Jesus Christ, what troll did that?

Kyle
06-03-2014, 09:39 PM
That fake setlist was good trolling. It was full of "holy shit, really?" moments but no huge red flags like TPD ILFTJYF WIE etc.

Sarah K
06-04-2014, 07:17 AM
That fake setlist was good trolling. It was full of "holy shit, really?" moments but no huge red flags like TPD ILFTJYF WIE etc.

Yep. It was basically just believable enough, without being too over the top. KUDOS

Lastentrance
06-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Disagree that shows have been underwhelming this tour. I agree the band have seemed a bit quiet (especially at the Manchester show), but the show played at Primavera (even without the ridiculously great visuals) was easily the best I have ever seen NIN. It was one of the biggest crowds of the festival and the atmosphere was incredible, so I'm assuming that made an impact on the band.

WorzelG
06-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Or maybe it was the less than stellar sales that has put him in a less agreeable mood? ...

If there's one benefit from this experience, hopefully it'll be the dawning realisation that they're not big enough in the UK for 6 big arena shows unless they have a stellar support act, and they'll revert back to the Brixtons of this world. (or, more likely, just do 2-3 arena shows instead).
I think that probably does have an effect as he seemed pretty happy at the 02 show which was the fullest, but I don't think the intensity of the performance was adversely affected at the Birmingham or Cardiff show though. I think the Reading festival performance and live streaming on the BBC was part of the promotion and the tour had been booked beforehand and once that was scuppered they didn't really do anything else promotion wise which was a shame. I feel doing something on TV would help, especially as I looked for the varying successes of NIN albums in the UK on the BPI website - and With Teeth went gold within a few weeks of release, unlike any other album - this makes me wonder if that performance on CDUK had an effect on sales - perhaps an example of the power of television?

icklekitty
06-04-2014, 09:45 AM
I think that probably does have an effect as he seemed pretty happy at the 02 show which was the fullest, but I don't think the intensity of the performance was adversely affected at the Birmingham or Cardiff show though. I think the Reading festival performance and live streaming on the BBC was part of the promotion and the tour had been booked beforehand and once that was scuppered they didn't really do anything else promotion wise which was a shame. I feel doing something on TV would help, especially as I looked for the varying successes of NIN albums in the UK on the BPI website - and With Teeth went gold within a few weeks of release, unlike any other album - this makes me wonder if that performance on CDUK had an effect on sales - perhaps an example of the power of television?

I thought the o2 show was the least good of the shows I attended. I'd probably say:

Paris
Birmingham
Cardiff
Antwerp/Amsterdam
London

A lot of my friends who only saw the London show loved it. But that's largely because NIN give more of a shit about their work than most other bands around.

Also for your other point, I'm kind of surprised they've never done something like Jools Holland. Though there is a part of me that'd like to see them pop up on Graham Norton or Chatty Man...if they did anything it'd be Jonathan Ross and we'd all have to find places to vomit.

sheepdean
06-04-2014, 09:56 AM
NIN on Jools would be amazing (or maybe when he does radio talk shows, put him on Radio 6 where he belongs not fucking Zane Lowe), but Trent seems adverse to publicity.

WorzelG
06-04-2014, 11:12 AM
I thought the o2 show was the least good of the shows I attended. I'd probably say:

Paris
Birmingham
Cardiff
Antwerp/Amsterdam
London

A lot of my friends who only saw the London show loved it. But that's largely because NIN give more of a shit about their work than most other bands around.

Also for your other point, I'm kind of surprised they've never done something like Jools Holland. Though there is a part of me that'd like to see them pop up on Graham Norton or Chatty Man...if they did anything it'd be Jonathan Ross and we'd all have to find places to vomit.
Didn't Courtney Love go on Chatty Man ?? That would be interesting!

The thing that clinched London for me was that I was with my sister and she's been out of the loop for ages, I wasn't sat with her at the 2009 show because you could only buy 2 presales in one go, plus she was in a mood as she waited for 90 mins in the presale queue. But this time, no queue so we could go get a pizza / beer from pizza express, then they start with Me, I'm Not which is one of her favourites and all the way through she was saying stuff like 'i need the loo but i don't want to miss a second' and 'i forgot how devastating they are live' 'all the old songs sound so fresh' - anyway the whole thing was a sister - sister trent bonding love-in.

jmtd
06-04-2014, 01:30 PM
NIN on Jools would be amazing (or maybe when he does radio talk shows, put him on Radio 6 where he belongs not fucking Zane Lowe), but Trent seems adverse to publicity.

Which r6 show would NIN fit on: Radcliffe and McConie? Tom Robinson?!

Lastentrance
06-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I thought they'd do Jools this time round. They just seem to be against that kind of promotion. I heard something about Letterman wanting Trent on for ages after Woodstock but he'd never go. And then they appear on CD:UK. Odd.

hani
06-05-2014, 05:22 AM
could someone please tell trent to play 1,000,000 and Terrible Lie in Poland? kthxbye

martin_b
06-05-2014, 08:27 AM
hani, please no 1M... ;-)

It's better to hear In Two (but playing this song in Poland is something far f**king away from what it's going to be played... arghhh!)

skip niklas
06-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Anyone able to get the Rock am Ring stream loaded? My page is all white with only a seemingly broken, outdated twitter feed showing. Looks like NIN's playing tomorrow, after QOTSA, heh.

TheBang
06-05-2014, 11:00 AM
It looks like Nine Inch Nails is not being streamed:

http://www.swr3.de/musik/rock-am-ring/livestream/-/id=1453978/oga2s9/index.html

billpulsipher
06-05-2014, 11:20 AM
what a shock. TR being a real asshole about the EU leg and not allowing streaming. God forbid they arent able to use their light show so it wont be the "full NIN live experience"...

icklekitty
06-05-2014, 11:23 AM
TR being a real asshole about the EU leg and not allowing streaming

Show your workings.

Vertigo
06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
"Asshole" "leg" "streaming" ... "bunch of shit" - anyone else thinking Bill has massive and uncontrollable diarrhea, or was that just me?

BRoswell
06-05-2014, 11:56 AM
"Asshole" "leg" "streaming" ... "bunch of shit" - anyone else thinking Bill has massive and uncontrollable diarrhea, or was that just me?

He's had diarrhea for a year now. :p

billpulsipher
06-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Show your workings.

If they aren't allowing streaming, its coming from TR...like with Reading festival last year

Inkë
06-05-2014, 01:15 PM
What? Reading got streamed.

WorzelG
06-05-2014, 01:57 PM
What? Reading got streamed.
No it got canned, because the festival production got screwed but somebody recorded the performance anyway and it's on RITC

billpulsipher
06-05-2014, 02:03 PM
hopefully the same thing happens with rock am ring

FeelBetterINC
06-05-2014, 03:30 PM
hopefully the same thing happens with rock am ring

I just saw an advertisement on Facebook that they were gonna announce the airing. It said "stay tuned for details," not "soon" so we should be good.

Corona Radiata
06-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Wait, what. Are they streaming NIN or not?

And what about Rock Im Park on Saturday?

Ryan
06-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Soon.
ten chars

cynicmuse
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
what a shock. TR being a real asshole about the EU leg and not allowing streaming. God forbid they arent able to use their light show so it wont be the "full NIN live experience"...
But TR allowed streaming of the South American leg... and that version of the production didn't have the screens or the overhead LED pods of awesomeness.

sheepdean
06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
TR has the power to shut down RITC with a single C&D, if he was being an ass about it, we'd know.

Ryan
06-05-2014, 07:59 PM
TR has the power to shut down RITC with a single C&D, if he was being an ass about it, we'd know.

Cock & Dick?

billpulsipher
06-05-2014, 08:55 PM
But TR allowed streaming of the South American leg... and that version of the production didn't have the screens or the overhead LED pods of awesomeness.

exactly. That entire tour had no production. If they did have the production on that tour (but not for those festival shows) he wouldnt have allowed streaming of those shows either

BRoswell
06-05-2014, 09:00 PM
exactly. That entire tour had no production. If they did have the production on that tour (but not for those festival shows) he wouldnt have allowed streaming of those shows either

But what about last year's festival shows, which DID have production and gave us a bounty of shows that were broadcast online?

As usual, you take something and blow it out of proportion. You really need to get a job at a cable news network. :p

billpulsipher
06-05-2014, 09:32 PM
The festival shows broadcast online ALL HAD the full production. The one show which didnt allow production (Reading) TR went into a hissy fit and didnt want streamed and Rob was all over twitter making excuses on why they didnt want it streamed