PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Kyle
05-08-2014, 11:21 PM
All joking aside, I actually would love Maybe Just Once live...

So would I.

I think you're going to have to settle for this though. http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/1988/19881031.html

Callahan
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM
I know a lot of people are sick of it, but I'm glad to see that Closer made it's way back into the setlist.

But...was is it the original version? or did it comes with The Only Time breakdown?

Kyle
05-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I know a lot of people are sick of it, but I'm glad to see that Closer made it's way back into the setlist.

But...was is it the original version? or did it comes with The Only Time breakdown?
The only time breakdown. There's YouTube video of it.

Moebius
05-09-2014, 01:31 AM
With Trent specifically talking about playing more Year Zero material, I'd love to see My Violent Heart make its debut.

sheepdean
05-09-2014, 01:50 AM
With Trent specifically talking about playing more Year Zero material, I'd love to see My Violent Heart make its debut.
Or Zero-Sum played in full, as a show closer

Ryan
05-09-2014, 02:30 AM
Or Zero-Sum played in full, as a show closer

That would be so much more poignant than Hurt. It applies to all of us, the planet.

fillow
05-09-2014, 03:38 AM
NIN fans are hopeless. Speculation about playing more rare deep cuts will continue till the last show of the tour, you'll see. And everyone will go apeshit if the band actually plays one song mentioned here recently.

nooneimportant
05-09-2014, 04:11 AM
NIN fans are hopeless. Speculation about playing more rare deep cuts will continue till the last show of the tour, you'll see. And everyone will go apeshit if the band actually plays one song mentioned here recently.

This happens with nearly every artists fan base.

I find what bands play to be generally interesting and check out Setlist FM from time to time, but other than that, I don't give a shit.

martin_b
05-09-2014, 04:18 AM
^^^he REALLY looks like Hugo Weaving as Elrond there, a good / evil mash-up

You are completely right!

So thanks to that now we have a conclusion: the "Eraser" landscapes are not from Mordor but from "Rivendell-after-NIN-party". ;-)

David Prado
05-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Good and bad things about the setlist in helsinki

Good: The becoming again, somewhat damaged...
Bad: Me Im not seems consolidated in the set, too static setlist (just 5 changes), not enough songs from the fragile

WorzelG
05-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Good and bad things about the setlist in helsinki

Good: The becoming again, somewhat damaged...
Bad: Me Im not seems consolidated in the set, too static setlist (just 5 changes), not enough songs from the fragile
Stop it, I want me I'm not consolidated in the setlist - although vessel would be cool too. Zero sum is a dream, I have a feeling the reason it's not played is that the talky nature of the verses sounds a bit off live and I would think the same about my violent heart, although I would love to be proved wrong.

WorzelG
05-09-2014, 06:36 AM
Got my info about pre-sales for Cardiff and a friend for Birmingham - seems a shame they can't have a separate queue for people who are seated, because it's not like we want to queue for hours with people who want rail spots. In London will it be possible to go for a meal in the dome before going into the arena?

Ryan
05-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Stop it, I want me I'm not consolidated in the setlist - although vessel would be cool too. Zero sum is a dream, I have a feeling the reason it's not played is that the talky nature of the verses sounds a bit off live and I would think the same about my violent heart, although I would love to be proved wrong.

The talky nature would sound amazing live!

WorzelG
05-09-2014, 06:48 AM
The talky nature would sound amazing live!
But since those songs are so great, but haven't been played live, that seems to me to be the connection as to why they're kept off the setlist

Kyle
05-09-2014, 07:00 AM
But since those songs are so great, but haven't been played live, that seems to me to be the connection as to why they're kept off the setlist

I believe I've mentioned this before
IDNWT - talky parts either prerecorded or removed
TDS - instrumental
Closer - talky part either prerecorded or sung
La Mer - talky part removed but in all fairness Trent wasn't going to sing that

i think it's safe to say Trent doesn't do talky parts live.

David Prado
05-09-2014, 07:18 AM

I prefer any of the fragile songs instead of Me Im not....but its just my personal taste ;)

icklekitty
05-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Got my info about pre-sales for Cardiff and a friend for Birmingham - seems a shame they can't have a separate queue for people who are seated, because it's not like we want to queue for hours with people who want rail spots. In London will it be possible to go for a meal in the dome before going into the arena?

If you have seats you can still show up at regular doors/after doors open and get your pre-sale tickets. Basically, you either get the wristbands when they start handing them out or you have to wait for doors. Also your seats will be reserved by number (we got ours on booking) so you can totally get your tickets and fuck off.

We're seats for London too because the o2 is bullshit.

sheepdean
05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
We're seats for London too because the o2 is bullshit.I was worried I was going to have to battle you for rail, that's a relief :P

This is actually going to be my first standing show at the O2 for a myriad of reasons, and I just KNOW it's a mistake. Especially as I've got Robbie Williams standing a few weeks later

Moebius
05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
I believe I've mentioned this before
IDNWT - talky parts either prerecorded or removed
TDS - instrumental
Closer - talky part either prerecorded or sung
La Mer - talky part removed but in all fairness Trent wasn't going to sing that

i think it's safe to say Trent doesn't do talky parts live.

God Given - Robin does the whispers. Although the lead vocals are fairly talky themselves.

Kyle
05-09-2014, 01:16 PM
God Given - Robin does the whispers. Although the lead vocals are fairly talky themselves.
Fast whisper isn't quite the same as straight up talking. I think it's the closest we get though.

simonn
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
I was worried I was going to have to battle you for rail, that's a relief :P

This is actually going to be my first standing show at the O2 for a myriad of reasons, and I just KNOW it's a mistake. Especially as I've got Robbie Williams standing a few weeks later

This is also my first official standing show at the O2. Though obviously I've stood at all the others anyway, even when I had front row at Duran Duran (in the nosebleeds). Yes, I'm one of 'those' guys.

WorzelG
05-09-2014, 01:40 PM
This is also my first official standing show at the O2. Though obviously I've stood at all the others anyway, even when I had front row at Duran Duran (in the nosebleeds). Yes, I'm one of 'those' guys.
Never apologise for love of Duran

Moebius
05-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Fast whisper isn't quite the same as straight up talking. I think it's the closest we get though.

I agree, it was the closest thing I could think of.

Kyle
05-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I agree, it was the closest thing I could think of.
I guess there's also the talk/rap/whatever of Only and Down in It. But the straight up talking I don't think he ever does live.

konkelo
05-09-2014, 03:24 PM
One strange thing about the Helsinki show by the way is that one friend's friend's friend (:D) catched a audio tape that was thrown from the stage. They don't know yet what it was but they will digitize it. Interesting to hear what is on it.

simonn
05-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Never apologise for love of Duran

I wasn't - I meant a stander/view obstructer!

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-09-2014, 03:40 PM
One strange thing about the Helsinki show by the way is that one friend's friend's friend (:D) catched a audio tape that was thrown from the stage. They don't know yet what it was but they will digitize it. Interesting to hear what is on it.
Maybe one of Allesandro's tape loops?

WorzelG
05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Maybe the beginning of some Gone Girl soundtrack scavenger hunt / ARG thing?

konkelo
05-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Maybe one of Allesandro's tape loops?

Does he use something like that? That would explain it.

m15a
05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Does he use something like that? That would explain it.

Yeah! And if that's what it is, that sounds like an awesome catch. Much cooler than a guitar pick or used water bottle. :D

sick among the pure
05-09-2014, 07:51 PM
But why would they throw something like that out to a fan? Wouldn't he, like, need it? Not like picks where they have a handful they use every night, and then in the next city, a handful of new ones.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-09-2014, 09:27 PM
But why would they throw something like that out to a fan? Wouldn't he, like, need it? Not like picks where they have a handful they use every night, and then in the next city, a handful of new ones.
My guess would be it was starting to wear out. Maybe he's been using it since the beginning of the 2013 festival run.

I can't think of any other reason for tossing a cassette from the stage. (Well, my first thought was "ARG," but why so retro? They were using USB flash drives seven years ago. ;))

But we won't really know unless we hear back.

Leviathant
05-09-2014, 09:36 PM

YES PLEASE. Keep in mind, if it is from Alessandro's rig, it probably won't play correctly in a standard tape deck. He uses a Tascam 424 MKII 4-track on stage.

sheepdean
05-09-2014, 09:37 PM
The only way a tape for sampling could be worn out is if it's an old one from like, the 90s, and I doubt they'd bin one if it was that old.

I reckon he didn't mean to and actually it would be an idea to send Ally a tweet, just in case.

That, or ARG.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-09-2014, 10:05 PM
The only way a tape for sampling could be worn out is if it's an old one from like, the 90s, and I doubt they'd bin one if it was that old.
Are the tapes they use different from the consumer type?

A friend of mine from college had a Tascam 4-track in the late 80s, so I was surprised to hear anyone still uses them. I assume it's still an analog machine.

sheepdean
05-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Normally they'd be consumer standard, and those babies are hard wearing, the tape will run clear before it even snaps

Ryan
05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
I guess there's also the talk/rap/whatever of Only and Down in It. But the straight up talking I don't think he ever does live.

The Greater Good comes close.

In the case of Zero-Sum, though, he needs to make an exception. It NEEDS its live debut!

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-10-2014, 12:12 AM
It's still got a rhythm to it. Zero-Sum is almost conversational — I don't see how you can do that live without sounding like a stage play. (But I certainly wouldn't mind hearing the chorus.)

MVH might get away with it though.

konkelo
05-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Yeah! And if that's what it is, that sounds like an awesome catch. Much cooler than a guitar pick or used water bottle. :D

Indeed! I will inform you all when I hear about it, if they get it working. I catched Alessandro's guitar pick (or I guess it was his because I was standing on his side) with LOL text instead of NIN text on it :D

icklekitty
05-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Especially as I've got Robbie Williams standing a few weeks later

*whines*

I've ended up paying the £3.99 backstage thing. No show for me but I've had some phone calls and texts!

jmtd
05-10-2014, 09:40 AM

In the case of Zero-Sum, though, he needs to make an exception. It NEEDS its live debut!

The melody, at least, has been incorporated into live versions of "in this twilight", which hasn't been played either at all in the uk, or often, and I'd settle for that.

Atu
05-10-2014, 04:05 PM
acording to setlist.fm (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/hovet-stockholm-sweden-33c36cc5.html):

Pinion / The Eater of Dreams
Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
The Frail
The Wretched
The Becoming
Gave Up
Sanctified
Closer
Find My Way
Me, I'm Not
Came Back Haunted
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

F-JD
05-10-2014, 04:16 PM
The Riga one duplicated? I doubt it.

Edit: oh wait, Sanctified wasn't there in Riga.

Ash512
05-10-2014, 04:32 PM
The Riga one duplicated? I doubt it.

Edit: oh wait, Sanctified wasn't there in Riga.

I confirm it's correct. Looks like Europe is getting a poor man's Tension visuals + rigid setlist... Glad I'm only hitting two shows this time around.
Performance was good as always. The arena was half empty (literally, 3000 tickets sold out of a 6000 seats arena, as told by the security lady). Crowd was pretty tame but respectful. The Becoming, The Great Destroyer, Me I'm Not and Eraser were all great to hear. Closer was also pretty cool, nice visuals.

Other than that, setlist was predictably similar to Tension.

Good news is : I got to record Copy of A, The Becoming, Trent's speech and part of The Great Destroyer in RAW HD with my Blackmagic Camera. Waiting for some decent audio to surface before I put the thing out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnTbPg5CIAAV-bY.jpg:large

icklekitty
05-10-2014, 04:35 PM
The arena was half empty (literally, 3000 tickets sold out of a 6000 seats arena, as told by the security lady)

I'm not surprised...I think we're going to see a lot of this in the arenas.

konkelo
05-10-2014, 05:05 PM

The same was in Helsinki. It seems like tonight's setlist was Riga & Helsinki mixed together.

Anne.
05-10-2014, 06:57 PM
A friend of mine who was in Stockholm told me that Trent gave a speech while sitting on a chair (?) before singing The Great Destroyer and ended the speech with saying that TGD wasn't supposed to be played on the show but he changed his mind.

gorast
05-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Here's something I've been wondering the past few days:

If none of us are at the show, and the show's not being streamed, then who the fuck cares what the setlist is? What is the point of us bitching about setlists for shows that we can't feasibly watch? Like, I could understand setlist bitching (but only a little) during the festival shows when almost every single one was being streamed, but then, they're also festival shows, so we know exactly what's going to happen there. But for this tour? I'm willing to wager that most of the people crying about lame setlists aren't in Europe and won't be seeing a single show on this leg of the tour. So what's the point? All of your voices literally mean nothing in regards to these setlists.

And again, it's different if you're going to see one of the shows down the line, or if you're talking about a show that you yourself went to. But you know what happens then? You come back and you're like "that show was amazing." Because it always is. So - and though I know this won't change anything and it's not going to happen - maybe we should all shut the fuck up about these setlists, eh?

Especially that huge whining thread that dissi started. What's the fucking point?

Ash512
05-10-2014, 08:13 PM
A friend of mine who was in Stockholm told me that Trent gave a speech while sitting on a chair (?) before singing The Great Destroyer and ended the speech with saying that TGD wasn't supposed to be played on the show but he changed his mind.

I recorded the whole speech, he sure wasnt sitting on a chair. What he basically said was that he'd been somewhat in a bad mood the last few days but he was excited to play TGD because YZ is an album he's extremely proud of even though people didn't get it when it came out because it was ahead of its time... But he said he was glad that there still was an audience for it: "you guys, thank you very much"...

And people complain about setlists because you don't want it played at the show you're seeing next month.
After 22 shows, the wow factor has indeed worn down for me, and I don't feel like ´it was amazing' if I keep hearing the same songs over and over... Time to quit, maybe?

Ryan
05-10-2014, 08:38 PM
acording to setlist.fm (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/hovet-stockholm-sweden-33c36cc5.html):
The Frail
The Wretched
The Becoming
The Great Destroyer
The Hand That Feeds

Imagine if they were all played in that order. Also throw in The Big Come Down, The Day The World Went Away...

nooneimportant
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Imagine if they were all played in that order. Also throw in The Big Come Down, The Day The World Went Away...

They must close the show with Head Like The Hole and The Hurt.

WorzelG
05-10-2014, 08:57 PM
What he basically said was that he'd been somewhat in a bad mood the last few days...
I wonder if this is to do with the Beats sale to apple thing

Merovee
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Here's something I've been wondering the past few days:

If none of us are at the show, and the show's not being streamed, then who the fuck cares what the setlist is? What is the point of us bitching about setlists for shows that we can't feasibly watch? Like, I could understand setlist bitching (but only a little) during the festival shows when almost every single one was being streamed, but then, they're also festival shows, so we know exactly what's going to happen there. But for this tour? I'm willing to wager that most of the people crying about lame setlists aren't in Europe and won't be seeing a single show on this leg of the tour. So what's the point? All of your voices literally mean nothing in regards to these setlists.

And again, it's different if you're going to see one of the shows down the line, or if you're talking about a show that you yourself went to. But you know what happens then? You come back and you're like "that show was amazing." Because it always is. So - and though I know this won't change anything and it's not going to happen - maybe we should all shut the fuck up about these setlists, eh?

Especially that huge whining thread that dissi started. What's the fucking point?

Why bitch about the setlists?

...Because we can. It doesn't have to make sense to you and no one needs your approval to give their honest opinion.

witte
05-11-2014, 05:40 AM
I'm not surprised...I think we're going to see a lot of this in the arenas.<arenas half full>

the more a good reason to drop that 'greatest hits' principe and create a more quality setlist. just for those faithful fans coming year by year/tour by tour.

Fist Fuck
05-11-2014, 06:36 AM

Am I willing to travel 500 miles to see another NIN show in June? Yes, if the setlist changes. No, if it's just the same stripped down 4-piece greatest hits show.

icklekitty
05-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Wait. wait. wait. A NIN show with everything played in alphabetical order!

the more a good reason to drop that 'greatest hits' principe and create a more quality setlist. just for those faithful fans coming year by year/tour by tour.

And move to smaller venues! They must know by now what the true capacity of the gigs are, and it looks like the lights can fit into a smaller than arena size.

simonn
05-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Anyone going to the Nottingham show had their email through re collecting tickets purchased via NIN.com presale?

dominik
05-11-2014, 08:18 AM
And move to smaller venues! They must know by now what the true capacity of the gigs are, and it looks like the lights can fit into a smaller than arena size.

Isn't the O2 pretty small? Or what was that venue that sold out in like 2 minutes last year?

icklekitty
05-11-2014, 08:26 AM
The o2 holds 20,000 people. They didn't play there last year and this year's show isn't sold out.

They usually do a handful of nights at Brixton instead which holds about 6000 people - you tend to get the same people going to every show and those sell out.

WorzelG
05-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Anyone going to the Nottingham show had their email through re collecting tickets purchased via NIN.com presale?
i got my Cardiff one 3 days ago, so hopefully you should get it today (or tomorrow I suppose as its Sunday) as Nottingham is 3 days later!? My friend is already going into a panic about Brum, because my sister queued for 90 mins or so at the 02 in 2009 and she got into a right strop about it. Basically the way my life is now, I'm offering to wait in the queue for everybody just to stop the moaning, 90 mins with an ipod in a queue is a doddle compared to life with a stroppy, insanely clingy 2 year old. I'll just call them over by phone when I get near the front!

FULLMETAL
05-11-2014, 01:53 PM
If you're going to an upcoming show, please grab some pics of the merch booth. So far, we've only found a bizarre looking 3D shirt.

Fangster_
05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
When you mention merch booth, I get flashbacks of being broke as fuck at the gig and only affording the poster. Could have scored Ghosts and HM on vinyl for 20 euro each. Pisses me off. My ex got herself the tour shirt with the red scratch design I was eyeing as well, but looks like it's the same as Aus/NZ. Don't think there were many, or even any original items to be honest.

dlb
05-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Is that x-ray shirt still available? I really hope to catch that one at the shows or at least some other nice memorabilia.

slave2thewage
05-11-2014, 03:14 PM
If you're going to an upcoming show, please grab some pics of the merch booth. So far, we've only found a bizarre looking 3D shirt.
If nothing surfaces by then, I'll get a pic at Birmingham.

Prettybrokenspiral
05-11-2014, 07:19 PM
he was excited to play TGD because YZ is an album he's extremely proud of even though people didn't get it when it came out because it was ahead of its time... But he said he was glad that there still was an audience for it

That album is crazy awesome. What is there not to get?

Fist Fuck
05-12-2014, 02:50 PM

I hated it for more than a hear after it came out. Now it's one of my favorite albums of all time. It just takes a while to fully understand, it's not the typical commercial rock album.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-12-2014, 03:15 PM
I hated it for more than a hear after it came out. Now it's one of my favorite albums of all time. It just takes a while to fully understand, it's not the typical commercial rock album.
What NIN album is typical anything?

minusthesnake
05-12-2014, 03:24 PM

The lyrical content is very different from the majority of NIN's catalog, since it's part of an abstract concept and not from Trent's personal POV. It's also pretty different musically in that it relies a lot more heavily on "noise" as a driving force and not just a piece of the sonic tapestry (just look at the extended noise solos within "The Great Destroyer", "Vessel" and "My Violent Heart"). While strange electronic noises have always been an element of the NIN sound, on this album they were moved to the forefront and, frankly, that sound is not for everyone.

While I love Year Zero, I'd say it's probably my least favorite NIN albums (besides Ghosts) and on repeat listens, I often find the let's-end-every-other-song-with-a-noise-solo element gets tedious. That said, it's also home to a few of my favorite NIN tracks ("God Given" and "Survivalism"), my favorite NIN design (the AIR flag), and the entire concept and ARG built around the album, which is something I'll never forget experiencing first hand.

ryanmcfly
05-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Not sure which ones these are
http://instagram.com/p/n6M6eRn7EL/
http://instagram.com/p/n6NuxHBPLW/
http://instagram.com/p/n6J8MWEjtU/

gorast
05-12-2014, 03:28 PM
That second one looks like In Two, and the bottom one looks reminiscent of...Disappointed? I don't know.

WorzelG
05-12-2014, 03:33 PM
^^^jesus fuck - in two and disappointed? fingers crossed

ryanmcfly
05-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, found a video on YouTube of dissappointed

icklekitty
05-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Oslo

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10363366_10101440614011749_4272695970314962705_n.j pg

Sarah K
05-12-2014, 03:41 PM
All time low all time low all time low

WorzelG
05-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Oslo

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10363366_10101440614011749_4272695970314962705_n.j pg
starting with me i'm not - all time low, the day the world went away, what a great set. although no In Two it seems, wonder what the visuals above were for, as they did seem in two-esque

slave2thewage
Someone's been reading the boards again.

I REALLY like that setlist, by the way. I'd love to get it at one of my shows.

Vrolok1
Oslo

Eraser and Becoming out?

hope they come back in Amsterdam or Paris

slave2thewage
05-12-2014, 03:47 PM
hope they come back in Amsterdam or Paris
They can have one. Unless they've improved The Becoming since 2007, because I would side-eye Trent every time I got that. It was quite good in 2009, I admit. Eraser, on the other hand, is always a hoot.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Oslo

Opening with Me, I'm Not? I'm trying to picture that.

More HM is sneaking in. :D

slave2thewage
05-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Opening with Me, I'm Not? I'm trying to picture that.

Well, it's not the first time. 2007 and Japan/Aus earlier this year springs to mind.

implanted_microchip
05-12-2014, 04:24 PM
If they could just throw Becoming back in there that would easily be the best setlist this year IMO. If they could swap Survivalism out for that, it would be golden.

Merovee
05-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Nice setlist.

slave2thewage
05-12-2014, 04:58 PM
If they could just throw Becoming back in there that would easily be the best setlist this year IMO. If they could swap Survivalism out for that, it would be golden.
Survivalism is flawless live, though. I wish it was a staple over here.

Fist Fuck
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
^Survivalism was, to my surprise, one of the absolute live highlights for me last year. Nice to see some setlist changes and an actual ENCORE!

billpulsipher
05-12-2014, 05:54 PM
^Survivalism was, to my surprise, one of the absolute live highlights for me last year. Nice to see some setlist changes and an actual ENCORE!

Nice to see Survivalism is back...he hasnt played it 9999999999 times or anything the past 7 years...Much better than Fragile material making its return....

cahernandez
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Great to not see Hurt after Hand That Feeds - Head Like a Hole. I've got no particular problem with those 3 songs, but upon hearing THTF you know which 2 songs are next, and you know the set is about to end. Adding All Time Low and The Day the World Went Away in between makes for a bit of unpredictability, which is nice. Now if the band could follow Hurt with In This Twilight (come on teitan).

Also it's great to see Me I'm Not getting some love. As opener? Hell yes. I can imagine how the intro "droning synths" would be awesome for building momentum/the adrenaline rush you need at the start of a show. I was lucky enough to see it in Australia seven (7??? time flies!) years ago. Beside You In Time into Wish also sounds (at least on paper) like a great combo.

(edit: goddamn, I just checked NIN Tour History, and the San Antonio TX show I attended in 2005 had Beside You In Time followed up by Wish. I forgot that the combo in the DVD -BYIT into WT- was not the standard for the tour. My short term memory...Anyways, I approve of BYIT then Wish).

implanted_microchip
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Survivalism is flawless live, though. I wish it was a staple over here.

I don't mind it I just feel that there are so many other YZ songs that could take its place. TGD, Vessel, Meet Your Master, God Given, etc.

implanted_microchip
05-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Nice to see Survivalism is back...he hasnt played it 9999999999 times or anything the past 7 years...Much better than Fragile material making its return....

Oh c'mon Bill you usually beg for the mid-90's NIN, now you're bitching we don't have '99 NIN; come on, pick a cut-off point! Next thing you know you might say you actually liked some of With Teeth

sheepdean
05-12-2014, 06:40 PM
This was NIN's third ever show in Norway, the setlist was utterly different from the previous ones. They've had Last, Sin, Ruiner and Suck on those two previous dates, god forbid Trent plays a major, popular single during the show.

Krazy
05-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Maybe now people can STFU, and hopefully get that greatest hits thread deleted.

Waits for "but ZOMFG!!! We need more The Fragile" (not that I don't agree, just gets tiring)

EDIT: also on NIN's IG, looks like they added the real time "shadows" into production- my guess is for THTF, similar to what they did for The song during Tension.

Krazy
05-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Not sure which ones these are
http://instagram.com/p/n6M6eRn7EL/
http://instagram.com/p/n6NuxHBPLW/
http://instagram.com/p/n6J8MWEjtU/

People already commented- except for that first one. Reminds me of the "wavey" beginning of THTF during WT tour, on BYIT DVD/BRD.

Ryan
05-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Great to not see Hurt after Hand That Feeds - Head Like a Hole. I've got no particular problem with those 3 songs, but upon hearing THTF you know which 2 songs are next, and you know the set is about to end. Adding All Time Low and The Day the World Went Away in between makes for a bit of unpredictability, which is nice. Now if the band could follow Hurt with In This Twilight (come on teitan).

:like: :like::like::like::like::like::like::like::like::l ike::like::like::like::like::like::like::like::lik e::like::like::like:

Krazy
05-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Somewhat Damaged would be a fucking awesome ender- it's "heavier" in way of HLAH to get the crowd pumped, just a different (and probably better) song. Would be a cool to see how that would work.

K-Rice
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Somewhat Damaged would be a fucking awesome ender- it's "heavier" in way of HLAH to get the crowd pumped, just a different (and probably better) song. Would be a cool to see how that would work.
I liked the videos I saw from I think the Wave Goodbye Tour where they opened with Pinion into Somewhat Damaged. I always thought it was a great contrast to pull the audience into the show.

Kyle
05-12-2014, 10:39 PM
I liked the videos I saw from I think the Wave Goodbye Tour where they opened with Pinion into Somewhat Damaged. I always thought it was a great contrast to pull the audience into the show.
I don't know if it's the same one you saw, but that's exactly how they started the WG show I was at. I'm not sure I see SD as a closer. The slow start makes it a great opener though. It also works as the transition from a slow section of the show to a heavier section like he's also used it as.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-12-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't know if it's the same one you saw, but that's exactly how they started the WG show I was at. I'm not sure I see SD as a closer. The slow start makes it a great opener though. It also works as the transition from a slow section of the show to a heavier section like he's also used it as.
Can't see it replacing HLAH. (But the frayed ending might make it a good segue into ITT.)

WorzelG
05-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Can't see it replacing HLAH. (But the frayed ending might make it a good segue into ITT.)
I like that idea, I think ending on somewhat damaged would key the audience up too much, I mean it was specifically rewritten to be an opener, but segueing into ITT would be great

filmfanb
05-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Very happy with the setlist last night.
I havent seen NIN since 2007 so I will be happy with any setlist but that one was rather tasty.
Would like Somewhat Damaged in there somewhere but meh....that list is near perfect for me.

It should be interesting to see what we get in London. We had Reading and the Scala gigs last year so I am hoping for a nice mix on the setlist. My anticipation is at a whole new level now.

F-JD
05-13-2014, 02:44 PM
http://instagram.com/p/n8tCRNMhd2/#
Letting You

http://instagram.com/p/n8uN4Puw2k/#
Reptile

Looks like Eraser was also played.

minusthesnake
05-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I'm seeing vids of Letting You, Copy of A, Reptile, Eraser, Sanctified, Closer, THTF, Hurt and Survivalism on Instagram.

slave2thewage
05-13-2014, 05:04 PM
SICNH is mentioned as well in the Tour Journal thread on here.

ensanchecedor
05-13-2014, 07:26 PM
I have a question for those who have already attended the european shows. I'm going to the show in Berlin tomorrow, should I print the purchase confirmation email or it's enough if I show the id card at the box office? Thank you :)

Ash512
05-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Don't worry, ID card is enough.

Merovee
05-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Full setlist from Copenhagen, anyone? Last time I checked Setlist.fm....nada.

Ryan
05-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Copenhagen set list pls?

BRoswell
05-13-2014, 11:38 PM
http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=939

FernandoDante
05-13-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty jealous of these setlists. Heavy on TDS cuts, light on new stuff. I like Hesitation Marks, but Reptile is fucking Reptile.

gorast
05-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Wow, that set is weird. TBOTE and Letting You are nice to see. When has Closer ever been that far down in the set?

Airbornefeline
05-14-2014, 12:00 AM
closer was towards the end during the fragile tour i think

Kyle
05-14-2014, 12:01 AM
It was part of the encore during FDTS.

simonn
05-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Worried that they're going to play TDTWWA too much, and TR will have TDTWWA burnout by the time he gets to London....:eek:

WorzelG
05-14-2014, 02:12 AM
^^i hope they stick with SICNH too, that setlist is a real roller coaster

Ryan
05-14-2014, 02:36 AM
^^i hope they stick with SICNH too, that setlist is a real roller coaster

Agreed, how it ought to be.

jmtd
05-14-2014, 02:50 AM
I think my main wish (doubt it will happen) would be ITT in Manchester.

Fist Fuck
05-14-2014, 03:05 AM
Wow, that set is weird. TBOTE and Letting You are nice to see. When has Closer ever been that far down in the set?

http://www.ninwiki.com/1994/10/01_San_Jose,_CA

http://www.ninwiki.com/1999/11/20_Vienna,_Austria

It's been the start of the encore before in 1994, and one of the last songs during the Fragility 1.0 tour.

ryanmcfly
05-14-2014, 02:23 PM
They are playing the album version of TDTWWA now? That's new, right?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9QcS0VwysFE

implanted_microchip
05-14-2014, 03:39 PM

Having gotten to see the Still/Quiet version of it last year, I'm almost disappointed that they're doing the album version now, but I'm certain it's gotta sound huge in person. Very cool to see them playing around with versions of songs again. Probably won't happen but I'd love to see them go back to things like the Nothing Can Stop Me Now remix of Piggy, or really just in general playing alternates.

Leviathant
05-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Yeah, I don't think they've ever done the album version straight-up like that before. It always jams out at the end, which is okay on Still, but I honestly was never entirely on-board with in concert.

pukkelpop
05-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Very positive reviews of the live shows so far, so i'm looking forward to mine..

botley
05-14-2014, 04:30 PM
This is why nobody should whine about the setlist repeating songs you've heard before; the arrangements of older songs that they play are very rarely the same from tour to tour.

Ryan
05-14-2014, 04:38 PM

That's awesome to hear the actual single version live. Definitely a first.

nooneimportant
05-15-2014, 12:21 AM
I honestly didn't pursue the idea of seeing NIN live this Summer seriously until I saw that The Becoming and Eraser returned to the shows. I was sold on that alone. I mean, I want to see NIN live big time, but that just put me over the edge.

Emil Dorbell
05-15-2014, 01:16 AM
Having gotten to see the Still/Quiet version of it last year, I'm almost disappointed that they're doing the album version now, but I'm certain it's gotta sound huge in person. Very cool to see them playing around with versions of songs again. Probably won't happen but I'd love to see them go back to things like the Nothing Can Stop Me Now remix of Piggy, or really just in general playing alternates.

I was there and can confirm it does sound huge. When that wall of sound kicks in it was LOUD. One of the absolute highlights of an already amazing set.

jmtd
05-15-2014, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I don't think they've ever done the album version straight-up like that before. It always jams out at the end, which is okay on Still, but I honestly was never entirely on-board with in concert.

Each to their own I guess... I've always loved the coda on live versions since AATCHB, a bit like the extended TL live coda, it's a staple for me.

fillow
05-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Totally called it (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3081-Songs-you-would-rearrange-differently-live?p=176164#post176164)! Guess someone indeed is reading ETS.

wikinick
05-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Loved it when Trent went to do the Closer tease at the end of All Time Low, before backing off.

AgentofChaos
05-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Robin is so fuckin money on that new TDTWWA arrangement. Fuck. Especially from like 2:50-3:15. Love it.

Amaro
05-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Loved it when Trent went to do the Closer tease at the end of All Time Low, before backing off.

I hate that.

implanted_microchip
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
I've just started watching a bunch of footage from this current leg of the tour, and just, damn. Definitely the best leg of the tour this year for NIN in terms of sound, setlists, etc.; I'm really hoping that the NIN+SG tour has a similar setup and flavor, but even if it doesn't I'm really happy that a lot of Europe is getting NIN with screens and surprises, etc. I know a lot of people from those markets have always been really disappointed how little they get to have over there when it comes to NIN, so it's just great to see such a fantastic looking and sounding leg of the tour in those areas.

Also I think the current visuals are a great balance between being bare-bones and extravagant; the whole setup seems very flexible but more than competent and just even crappy shaky YouTube videos have looked pretty nice, all things considered. The way the screen moves around and doesn't seem invasive, the way the rows of lights from the Tension setup can move around, in general so much of it looks really great but at the same time it doesn't feel like any focus is being taken off of the performance.

Also does anyone have any idea how they're doing the Sanctified visuals now? It's like there are a ton of moments where Trent gets "mirrored" on the screens behind him, but it's not like the solid black silhouettes from the Tension version of THTF. It looks really awesome.

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Totally called it (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/3081-Songs-you-would-rearrange-differently-live?p=176164#post176164)! Guess someone indeed is reading ETS.
To be fair, there's been a lot of songs without drums lately, so they could probably figure that one out on their own. :p

Vrolok1
05-15-2014, 01:09 PM
hi, does anybody here knows how is working the line with the wristbands? I explain myself

In Detroit we made the line but staff personel put us the wristband until 5 pm, but in Seattle I received my wristband at 10 am ando told us to return at about 5 pm to enter the venue.

How is working now? Ill be in Amsterdam but i dont wanna waste all day in the line

Thanks

MrSelfDestruct
05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Also does anyone have any idea how they're doing the Sanctified visuals now? It's like there are a ton of moments where Trent gets "mirrored" on the screens behind him, but it's not like the solid black silhouettes from the Tension version of THTF. It looks really awesome.

At the show in Copenhagen, before the show, I noticed a roadie standing at different spots on the stage with his arms stretched out as if we was calibrating some video recording equipment. They're probably using the Kinect like for the Tension tour to capture Trent's figure followed by coloring it (to give the image its own light), blurring it, and projecting it on the screen. That's what it looked like at least. I was just surprised of how subtle the effect was and how little they used it compared to how awesome it looked.

icklekitty
05-15-2014, 01:30 PM
hi, does anybody here knows how is working the line with the wristbands? I explain myself

In Detroit we made the line but staff personel put us the wristband until 5 pm, but in Seattle I received my wristband at 10 am ando told us to return at about 5 pm to enter the venue.

How is working now? Ill be in Amsterdam but i dont wanna waste all day in the line

Thanks

They are sending emails with the exact times a few days before the show

scotty79
05-15-2014, 01:49 PM
What happens if you're not at the venue for said time? I'm picking a friend up at the airport just after 6pm and not sure when another friend will be finished work and ready so probably won't be at the hydro till nearer 7

witte
05-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Just saw a few pics from Berlin. I'm afraid they get a stripped down light show...
Stage too small I assume.
Bad luck.

icklekitty
05-15-2014, 02:40 PM
What happens if you're not at the venue for said time? I'm picking a friend up at the airport just after 6pm and not sure when another friend will be finished work and ready so probably won't be at the hydro till nearer 7

Do you not have your email yet? The London ones have already come through so the Glasgow ones must have.

scotty79
05-15-2014, 02:50 PM
It's my sister and one of my friends who've got the tickets for us, just that none if us are really sure how the whole will call thing works, I just thought they're were two seperate queues and as you went in your name and plus whoever were ticked off and away you went into the venue

m15a
05-15-2014, 03:06 PM
It's my sister and one of my friends who've got the tickets for us, just that none if us are really sure how the whole will call thing works, I just thought they're were two seperate queues and as you went in your name and plus whoever were ticked off and away you went into the venue

Unless something changed for the Europe tour, that's basically it. If you have NIN.com presale GA (floor) tickets and you get there early, they'll let you in early (and in order so people that got there earliest will get the rail, etc.). If you don't get there early, they'll just let you in when you get there. Ideally, you'd want to be there at least a little early so they can let you in before the regular line starts letting people in, but if not, you'll still be fine.

scotty79
05-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Cool, thanks, probably would be there earlier but one friend has business in London and didn't think he'd make it then said he was gettin a flight that would get into glasgow just after 6, shouldn't take that long for him to get his stuff and then for us to get to the hydro, as long as we're there before Trent and co take to the stage I'm not too fussed really

Vrolok1
05-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Im thinking to arrive at 10 am to be in rail, i dont like the idea of travelling thousands of miles and be in the middle of everybody, unless i get some drinks before the show =)

minusthesnake
05-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Im thinking to arrive at 10 am to be in rail, i dont like the idea of travelling thousands of miles and be in the middle of everybody, unless i get some drinks before the show =)

Do you have fan club tickets? If so, that's waaaaaay too early. Get there two hours before doors and you should have no problem being on the rail. If you don't have fan club tickets, it doesn't matter how early you get in line, you won't get on the rail. I saw them in Brooklyn, at Barclays Center, which is just a tiny bit smaller than The O2, last year and we got there right before they let the fan club ticket holders in early and I was still direct center with only one person in front of me who was on the rail (which I prefer because i don't like being crushed into the rail all night). What I'm saying is, don't waste your whole day.

Vrolok1
05-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Do you have fan club tickets? If so, that's waaaaaay too early. Get there two hours before doors and you should have no problem being on the rail. If you don't have fan club tickets, it doesn't matter how early you get in line, you won't get on the rail. I saw them in Brooklyn, at Barclays Center, which is just a tiny bit smaller than The O2, last year and we got there right before they let the fan club ticket holders in early and I was still direct center with only one person in front of me who was on the rail (which I prefer because i don't like being crushed into the rail all night). What I'm saying is, don't waste your whole day.

Yes i have fan club tickets, ill take your advice, ill see them in Amsterdam and Paris, so i dont want to waste my time in the line.

minusthesnake
05-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Yes i have fan club tickets, ill take your advice, ill see them in Amsterdam and Paris, so i dont want to waste my time in the line.

Sweet, I'm flying over for London and Amsterdam too. This will be my first time seeing them outside of the US, so I'm pretty excited for that. I didn't realize until I booked this trip that I've never even seen them in Canada. I'm wondering if European audiences are more or less intense than US audiences. Amsterdam should be especially cool since it's a 5500 capacity music hall, not an arena, and I don't think it's sold out, so I expect it to be pretty intimate.

Vrolok1
05-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Sweet, I'm flying over for London and Amsterdam too. This will be my first time seeing them outside of the US, so I'm pretty excited for that. I didn't realize until I booked this trip that I've never even seen them in Canada. I'm wondering if European audiences are more or less intense than US audiences. Amsterdam should be especially cool since it's a 5500 capacity music hall, not an arena, and I don't think it's sold out, so I expect it to be pretty intimate.

See you there!, i think it will be an incredible show, let's see

Deepvoid
05-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Just noticed that Terrible Lie wasn't played two nights in a row. Interesting ...
On another note, the following video for Letting You is awesome! That guy's channel has a lot of songs from Copenhagen. Excellent quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miMSMTbcqc

Anne.
05-15-2014, 04:08 PM
For the show in Prague there aren't fan club tickets. What time should I arrive so that I could be on the rail/close to stage? :)
I plan on going at 1pm, and the door opens at 6:30pm. Is that early enough?

simonn
05-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Just noticed that Terrible Lie wasn't played two nights in a row. Interesting ...
On another note, the following video for Letting You is awesome! That guy's channel has a lot of songs from Copenhagen. Excellent quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miMSMTbcqc

MUST. STOP. WATCHING.:p

Closer looks superb. Weird to see it with no guitars though...(didn't watch until the end if so do coming later!)

Edo
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
For the show in Prague there aren't fan club tickets. What time should I arrive so that I could be on the rail/close to stage? :) I plan on going at 1pm, and the door opens at 6:30pm. Is that early enough?

I'm wondering the same thing. 1 pm should probably be enough. I'll still get there earlier though I think. Just to make sure. :)

FULLMETAL
05-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Fuck! TDTWWA from Copenhagen sounds great! Three cheers for m4nm4ch1ne's YouTube channel!

slave2thewage
05-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Any word on the Berlin setlist?

Bookmark
05-15-2014, 06:08 PM
I don't get the specific order, but Santificied, Me i'm not, Copy of a, Various methods of escape, all time low, closer, the great destroyer, the warning, the begining ot the end, survialism, piggy, march of the pigs, beside you in time, the hand that feeds, the day the world went away, disappointed, hurt, head like a hole, the becoming, find my way, came back haunted, wish and i guess hand covers bruise were played.

hani
05-15-2014, 06:09 PM
various methods of escape??!!??

peter
05-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Edit : whoops, looks like someone beat me to it.

eik
05-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Any word on the Berlin setlist?

As mentioned earlier, we got a stripped light show due to the location (open air, smaller stage), but a HM heavy set (6 songs including VMoE). Great show!

setlist:
me, i'm not
sanctified
the beginning of the end
march of the pigs
piggy
all time low
disappointed
the becoming
came back haunted
find my way
various methods of escape
survivalism
the warning
copy of a
the great destroyer
hand covers bruise
beside you in time
wish
the hand that feeds
head like a hole
---
closer
the day the world went away
hurt

jessamineny
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
It's really nice to see so many HM songs in the set! Especially that FMW/VMOE duo that would slay me.

implanted_microchip
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Okay now THAT is the best setlist so far. I'm starting to get the feeling I'll be saying that after every show now.

hani
05-15-2014, 06:41 PM
really great setlist! I mean I'm still a bit heartbroken about the amount of TF and TS on this tour, but hey, it's still pretty fukkn awesome

F-JD
05-15-2014, 06:54 PM
I thought i saw a glimpse of Only on Instagram?

Ryan
05-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Hmmm, someone edited setlist.fm and removed the Pinion / The Eater Of Dreams intro:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/zitadelle-spandau-berlin-germany-73c34a15.html

Was there no intro at this show?

m15a
05-15-2014, 07:05 PM
At this rate, there'll be 27 songs from HM at the last European show.

eik
05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Nope, they started straight into Me, I'm not. And apart from the stripped light show, there was no screen either. But still, an awesome show with an amazing setlist...

p.s. just missed TBCD in it...

ophelia_
05-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Of course the best setlist (and order of songs) of any 2014 show was in Berlin.

Greatest city in the world deserves as much! So ridiculously jealous of everyone who was there.

simonn
05-16-2014, 01:04 AM
Literally said 'wow' when I saw that setlist - 6 HM songs is great! And TDTWWA 3 gigs in a row....he'll definitely drop that by the time he gets to London at this rate...!

stefler
05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Of course the best setlist (and order of songs) of any 2014 show was in Berlin.

Greatest city in the world deserves as much! So ridiculously jealous of everyone who was there.

Yes. Great show. Audience was in a good mood. I still have a gooseflesh
Seen a lot of fans from foreign countries.
Btw I taped the show. Will find them soon on RITC and DIME....

Picture form the setlist.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff52/stefler_01/NIN%202014-05-15%20Berlin-Germany-Zitadelle/setlist.jpg

slave2thewage
05-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Just started on my journey to see le ninz. Here's hoping I get there in one piece!

Amaro
05-16-2014, 02:20 PM
As varied of a setlist as that was, and cool for that reason, starting with MIN is quite a bummer, IMO. Outside of my distaste for almost all of YZ, that's just weak to me.

That said, these sets so far have been as unexpected as 2009's tour...I think? Either way, that's a cool thing to see.

implanted_microchip
05-16-2014, 02:30 PM
I feel like the only person alive who actually passionately loves Me, I'm Not

WorzelG
05-16-2014, 02:35 PM
^^nope definitely not

jessamineny
05-16-2014, 02:38 PM

Noooooo. That's my favorite song on the album, and one of my favorite songs live.

Krazy
05-16-2014, 02:45 PM
I feel like the only person alive who actually passionately loves Me. I'm Not???

O_O

jmtd
05-16-2014, 02:47 PM
I think I'd dig TGD this time. Didn't in edi '08

Merovee
05-16-2014, 03:16 PM

I'll be honest, that's probably one of my favorite songs on Year Zero period, along with The Good Soldier, and Vessel, and Zero-Sum. The rest I can take or leave.

By the way, anybody know the Luxembourg setlist?

jmtd
05-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Meet your master and ITT live > *

Krazy
05-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Me I'm not and Zero Sum were the two songs that instantly caught my ear (does that even make sense?) from YZ- I ended up liking other songs but took many play-throughs.

Also doesn't hurt that M,IN gives subwoofers a healthy work out.

WorzelG
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM
^^^i've never seen either of those before, these setlists are just getting better and better! (hang on jmtd were you referring to the setlist in Luxembourg?)

Deepvoid
05-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Am I the only one who's put off by the fact that Me, I'm not is opening shows?
Such a buzz kill.

implanted_microchip
05-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Am I the only one who's put off by the fact that Me, I'm not is opening shows?
Such a buzz kill.

Honestly I think it seems to give off a great atmosphere. It's pure buildup really and the visuals for it are fantastic, it lets you slip into the performance before being punched in the face by stuff like MotP or 1,000,000. I know a lot of people like big explosive openings but I for one definitely love the sense of buildup, and the moodiness and sense of building brooding anger just beneath the surface of M,IN really extends into that pretty well.

Deepvoid
05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Fair enough. To be honest, I haven't witnessed it in person. Just seems out of place.
I've always been used to an opening song which was more or less mid-tempo/energetic song (Love is Not Enough, Copy of A, Terrible Lie, Somewhat Damaged), building up to MOTP which usually sits in 4th place.

TheRealNs1
05-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Looooooooooooooooove "Me I'm Not" and live the song absolutely rips. Is there a more bass-heavy song on NIN's catalog than "Me, I'm Not"? Maybe "Satellite"...

Of course, the last time I heard it live he played it with Atticus Ross ^_^

WorzelG
05-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Really cool photo from Copenhagan I found on instagram. Would this be Me I'm not?
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/webkit-fake-url://2B21803D-8F2D-4906-8B91-2FC29A9A85AC/imagejpeg

Krazy
05-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Is there a more bass-heavy song on NIN's catalog than "Me, I'm Not"? Maybe "Satellite"...
^

Down In It

jmtd
05-16-2014, 04:26 PM
The burn baseline is pretty bombastic. HiS chorus too

botley
05-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, someone edited setlist.fm and removed the Pinion / The Eater Of Dreams intro:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/zitadelle-spandau-berlin-germany-73c34a15.html

Was there no intro at this show?
Looks like there was not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaaaFNYgbGQ

Amaro
05-16-2014, 09:56 PM
My Violent Heart should've been played 100+ times live by now (since the album), IMO. *shakes head*

I wouldn't put it past him this year, just a feeling.

Landshark
05-16-2014, 09:56 PM
http://youtu.be/rBXVHFkF2GM

VMOE sounds awesome.

Fist Fuck
05-16-2014, 10:24 PM
That's what Hesitation Marks is supposed to sound like live. Just incredible. I really hope he's gonna play more new songs by the time he's in Vienna, and this wasn't just a one-off-awesone-hesitation-marks-heavy show just because the production was limited.

witte
05-17-2014, 04:52 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/rockhal-esch-sur-alzette-luxembourg-63c0be07.html

Show was high quality. A lot of screen visual songs. Glad I was there. Last minute decision.
Playtime: around 1 hour 45 minutes.
Rockhal was almost sold out. Anyway, more people (total around 6000) than in 2009 (half venue was split by screen then).
Up to London, A'dam and Antwerp...

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-17-2014, 09:51 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/rockhal-esch-sur-alzette-luxembourg-63c0be07.html

Show was high quality. Absolutely.Trent sounded amazing as well.But he wasn't in the greatest mood.I'm not surprised, the audience was fucking shit.It will be difficult to top that show in Berlin tbh.

witte
05-17-2014, 12:07 PM
mmm, for my experience the audience was ok. i stood in the center around 20 m from the stage.
on that position the sound was a little bit strange. it missed the energy during several songs. and the voice of trent was not optimal. sometimes i had the feeling he had problems with his voice.... the piano he used was also a few times inaudible.
maybe it was my position. normally is center/center the perfect position...

MechaFM
05-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I really really really love Trent playing the ending keys on Closer. It sounds so cool. Similar to the Fragile and TDS days.

Ryan
05-17-2014, 04:47 PM
http://youtu.be/rBXVHFkF2GM

VMOE sounds awesome.

THAT'S how it should have been done during Tension and on the TV performance. It needs that slow buildup to the end like on the album.

I think he screwed up the first line of the second verse. I don't blame him though, I find myself getting the lyrics to that song wrong in my head pretty much every time I listen to it. He needs an autoqueue for that one perhaps. I know I would!

witte
05-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Ja richtig, und schön dass die blöde Deutsche NIN Fans 50 euro zahlen um dann beim Konsert konstant zu Schwatzen....
-lol-
By the way. Robin's guitar play here is not as it should be.
And again, it's a pity Berlin didn't get the complete visuals/screen set.
Blame der Verantstalter!

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-17-2014, 11:23 PM

Show was high quality. A lot of screen visual songs.
TDTWWA -> Eraser sounds like it should work really well.

Krazy
05-17-2014, 11:58 PM
What song is this- I'm guessing 'Closer'??? Pic is from NIN's IG and says it's from Luxembourg- anyone confirm?...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/5E0F8806-5696-424D-9AFF-4A35C4A615FD.png (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5E0F8806-5696-424D-9AFF-4A35C4A615FD.png.html)

witte
05-18-2014, 03:30 AM
Yes, it is 'closer'!

fillow
05-18-2014, 04:00 AM
And I don't even know the reason why I'm not allowed to see these awesome shows. (Hint: cancellations). :(

Perdita
05-18-2014, 05:31 AM
Absolutely.Trent sounded amazing as well.But he wasn't in the greatest mood.I'm not surprised, the audience was fucking shit.It will be difficult to top that show in Berlin tbh.

I'm not that familiar with NIN concerts (only been to 2). So what is considered a "fucking shit audience"?

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-18-2014, 08:55 AM
I was in front of Ally, not quite on the rail since a fucking traffic jam prevented that.

it missed the energy during several songs. and the voice of trent was not optimal.
Sound was good and also Trent did sound better compared to the night before (you also have to consider he's pushing 50 and you can hear that).And you are absolutely right, total lack of energy!The audience was dead, especially on the rail.Bored faces all over the place.Sort of depressing. Usually motp unleashes hell but I didn't get kicked or pushed once.That's just wrong.The night before only during that song 6 or 7 people had to get pulled out of the crowd, at Rockhal I saw a single one during the entire show leaving.Also almost no clapping (only out of tune during Hurt, fucking morons), screaming, jumping (like, everyone usually does that after the Thtf synth break!), singing along (I heard only one girl behind me; especially bad during Piggy when Trent kind of seemed to expect the crowd to sing), a barely audible 'FIST FUCK!'... Perdita It was my 8th show and I call the audience shit for the reasons mentioned above.I felt like I'm the only one being really into it and going nuts.

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Ja richtig, und schön dass die blöde Deutsche NIN Fans 50 euro zahlen um dann beim Konsert konstant zu Schwetzen....
-lol-
Was?Meinst du schwitzen (sweat) oder schwatzen (chat)?

filmfanb
05-18-2014, 01:28 PM
In terms of energy I think it could be down to Me Im Not opening. Without the intro I really dont think it fits the high energy NIN show some people expect. I think Copy of A is the one he needs to stick with if he is going down that route or go back to a Somewhat Damaged opener.

witte
05-18-2014, 01:53 PM
'Me I'm not' is an excellent opener. Changing every show the playlist that way, makes it awesome to see NIN.

I was talking about the band energy (of the sound) or maybe better said: the power (the sound).
I had the feeling during a few songs a 'limiter' was used.
Anyway, my experience...

r_z
05-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Was?Meinst du schwitzen (sweat) oder schwatzen (chat)?

Wahrscheinlich schwätzen.

witte
05-18-2014, 04:45 PM
What song is this- I'm guessing 'Closer'??? Pic is from NIN's IG and says it's from Luxembourg- anyone confirm?...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/Mobile%20Uploads/5E0F8806-5696-424D-9AFF-4A35C4A615FD.png (http://s265.photobucket.com/user/GoatKrazy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5E0F8806-5696-424D-9AFF-4A35C4A615FD.png.html)

from the birmingham show tonight:

http://instagram.com/p/oJw2aGkLj5/

miss k bee
05-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Birmingham got Burn

implanted_microchip
05-18-2014, 05:39 PM
anyone got a setlist? nothing on setlist.fm yet.

icecream
05-18-2014, 07:19 PM
All the YZ in the set list lately has the back of my mind wishing for YZ pt 2 :p

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-18-2014, 07:48 PM
anyone got a setlist? nothing on setlist.fm yet.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2014/lg-arena-birmingham-england-6bc0b2aa.html

He must like this setlist, because it's almost identical to Luxembourg with Burn (yay!) replacing Only and TBOTE (yay!) instead of 1M.

I'm still not sold on M,IN as an opener, but that Sanctified–Eraser stretch looks awesome.

Ryan
05-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Birmingham got Burn

Burningham.

simonn
05-19-2014, 01:34 AM
5 in a row without Terrible Lie now!

What time are they hitting the stage?

Ryan
05-19-2014, 04:46 AM

That's a record I think!

Kyle
05-19-2014, 12:30 PM
That's a record I think!
It was only played once on the FDTS tour.

dlb
05-19-2014, 12:40 PM
yet I still need to see it live. :/

miss k bee
05-19-2014, 01:09 PM

What time are they hitting the stage?

Came on at 9pm on the dot.

jmtd
05-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Everyone enjoying cold cave?

I can't decide when to pick my tickets up.

Bookmark
05-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Everyone enjoying cold cave?

I can't really say that I do enjoy them. To my mind they were okay but nothing that i admired. I was glad about them announcing their last song. Especially because they did not play the songs I like a bit or the songst that feel more audible to me. Quite oppositional to the end of the NIN - performance I attended which was superb.

scorpiusdiamond
05-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Playlists before the show were great. Hope he posts them somewhere.

Ryan
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
It was only played once on the FDTS tour.

Of recent times I mean, post Fragile.

Ryan
05-19-2014, 05:31 PM
yet I still need to see it live. :/

Haha wow. How? Never played at any show you've been to?

Southwestwall
05-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Let me see, first time back on ETS since the old board closed and a long time since I last witnessed the negativity of the great below, but for all that it is easier to see.

I thoroughly enjoyed Birmingham on Sunday night and have absolutely no complaints about set list nonsense, as the mix of new and familiar material seemed pretty well balanced. Did I obsess over what would be played when I reserved my tickets? Not a fucking chance.

"How" NiN play is as much the show as "what" and that struck me again, as five years have passed since Wave Goodbye. The creative effort that has gone into the arrangement of the songs and the accompanying visuals, no matter how familiar, gives them such a fresh take ... with the understandable exception of Hurt, a nod to tradition.

That's the joy of just appreciating the performance for what it was. Visceral, stripped down, relentless, an outstanding live band visibly enjoying what they do, which resulted in an indelible stupid grin, hoarse throat and hearing shutdown still in recovery. It was demanding to take it all in and I would imagine playing twenty NiN songs in ninety minutes is a pretty brutal effort for anyone turned 49 ... then repeat six times this week. At three years younger I truly take off my hat to that.

Cold Cave may have given a credible performance, but sadly owing to the dreadful work on the mixing desk, all I heard was a dirge of low pitch vocals drowning in a saturated mess of synth noise. The quick experiment of sticking my fingers in my ears desaturated them enough to restore the detail in the vocal and synth tracks, even if it looked a bit stupid in the middle of a concert. Perhaps their music arrangement could be reworked in future for live performances, but no doubt better mixing and less volume may well lead to seriously improved quality.

In comparison, NiN peaked much louder and maintained absolute clarity, well at least until the moments they hit the speaker limits ... it's been a long time since sheer sound volume felt like wind in my hair!

I don't give a damn if they played [insert song here] again, or that Allesandro might not have quite on the mark (or was drowned out a bit) during Copy Of A, or that March Of The Pigs and a few other peak moments saturated the speakers. Imperfection is reality. That was the best live performance I've seen in five years and if anyone else didn't, or doesn't, enjoy it as much ... the stark truth is? That's not my loss to care about.

Go. See. Hear. Enjoy.

witte
05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Does anybody have a spare ticket for the Amsterdam concert 5/27?

orobinec
05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Does anybody have photos of the merch that is being offered on European tour?

Vrolok1
05-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Does anybody have photos of the merch that is being offered on European tour?

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/avatars/oldschool/smurfette.jpg (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/47-icklekitty)icklekitty (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/47-icklekitty)
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/statusicon/user-online.pngActive Memberhttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/member01.pnghttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/user.pnghttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/user.pnghttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/user.pnghttp://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/ranks/user.png

Join DateNov 2011LocationLondonPosts1,292Mentioned18 Post(s)

They're on the last page of this tread. http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...206#post185206 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2985-NIN-2014-Japan-Australia-UK-Europe-Official-Tour-Merchandise?p=185206#post185206)

dlb
05-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Haha wow. How? Never played at any show you've been to?

Seriously? No! And it's a damn shame! While others might pray for it to be removed from the set it actually is one of my favorite songs to be performed live. At least I witnessed sin once but no terrible lie... Yet!

pukkelpop
05-20-2014, 02:36 PM
It looks like TR leaves the God-confronting songs behind this leg ? (Terrible Lie, Heresy, Sin,..)

sheepdean
05-20-2014, 02:40 PM
It looks like TR leaves the God-confronting songs behind this leg ? (Terrible Lie, Heresy, Sin,..)
Well he hardly ever plays Heresy and Sin, Terrible Lie being gone is weird, but maybe he's feeling done with it, like he was with Closer?

pukkelpop
05-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Well he hardly ever plays Heresy and Sin, Terrible Lie being gone is weird, but maybe he's feeling done with it, like he was with Closer?
possible, but as mentioned in the other thread, it was the first time he told he found a believe in God, and these are the songs that kinda reject that..

sheepdean
05-20-2014, 02:53 PM
...no, he's never mentioned NOT having a belief in god, plus heresy isn't anti-god and I don't think Sin is either. Also, not getting dragged into this, go to the god thread

WorzelG
05-20-2014, 03:03 PM
With the whole belief in God thing, what about The Wretched? He still plays that and it's more angry with God than atheist. If you're an atheist you can't blame God for shit happening, it just does

Merovee
05-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Scotland setlist? Anyone?

AbjectMark
05-20-2014, 03:41 PM
It'll only be 40 mins into the set so far.

Southwestwall
05-20-2014, 03:44 PM
About half way through perhaps, if the timings remain similar to Sunday ... still being played! :p

implanted_microchip
05-20-2014, 04:53 PM
I really don't get why people act like you can't sing a song that you don't directly agree with. No one in Rammstein is gay but they'll plan Mann Gegen Mann which is all about being gay, and they've not eaten people but they play Mein Teil at like every show ever; David Bowie was never an alien from another planet but he sure did play Ziggy Stardust all the time; Trent Reznor has never lived in future America as a member of the Republican elite but they've played Capital G live; Trent never shot his brains out but they've played The Downward Spiral.

Seriously, even if he gives a shit about God it's not like singing Terrible Lie or Heresy is going to suddenly make him feel bad, I don't get why everyone is so hung up on his potential beliefs. Big deal. Heresy probably wouldn't fit with what they're doing, Terrible Lie has been played non-stop forever so now that they're finally discarding it for a bit I don't see the point in being upset, Sin hasn't been played in forever and even then that's pretty clearly about a relationship more than anything, really.

WorzelG
05-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Saw some instagrams from Glasgow, definitely seems like closer, march of the pigs, but saw a vid that looked blue so possibly find my way? And one that seemed like the frail

Ryan
05-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Set list plaze.

SM Rollinger
05-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Sin has gotta come back at some point, with those groove new analog-ey sounding synth hooks they have been using.

Merovee
05-20-2014, 05:17 PM
I really don't get why people act like you can't sing a song that you don't directly agree with. No one in Rammstein is gay but they'll plan Mann Gegen Mann which is all about being gay, and they've not eaten people but they play Mein Teil at like every show ever; David Bowie was never an alien from another planet but he sure did play Ziggy Stardust all the time; Trent Reznor has never lived in future America as a member of the Republican elite but they've played Capital G live; Trent never shot his brains out but they've played The Downward Spiral.

Seriously, even if he gives a shit about God it's not like singing Terrible Lie or Heresy is going to suddenly make him feel bad, I don't get why everyone is so hung up on his potential beliefs. Big deal. Heresy probably wouldn't fit with what they're doing, Terrible Lie has been played non-stop forever so now that they're finally discarding it for a bit I don't see the point in being upset, Sin hasn't been played in forever and even then that's pretty clearly about a relationship more than anything, really.

To some degree though, when people create sometimes put themselves and what they feel, think or believe into it, so I don't necessarily think it's moronic for anyone to wonder if some songs indicate where the artist stands on certain things. Having said that, you do make a good point that not everything is autobiographical or necessarily relates back to self or expresses a personal belief, but still...honestly we don't know which one of those is true where NIN is concerned so posing the question is fair play I think. :confused: This is derailing the thread though and because of the subject matter this can only go on for so long before this gets really ugly so I'm bowing out NOWWWWW...!

simonn
05-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Saw some instagrams from Glasgow, definitely seems like closer, march of the pigs, but saw a vid that looked blue so possibly find my way? And one that seemed like the frail

Piano one was defo The Frail - was starting to think TF/TW had gone as well as TL....saw 1,000,000 too

And hoping FMW is back, love that live...with the freaky moves Trent makes towards the end...!

SM Rollinger
05-20-2014, 05:25 PM
And I hate to double post it, but seriously? you guys are getting all butt hurt about songs that have been played to death over the last 25 years, getting rotated out of the setlist? L O fuckin L this is the last thing I would be overanalyzing. TR has said time and time again that if he cant get into the song, he doesn't play it. Shit, at least the guy isnt afraid to try new stuff though, unlike some bands like Tool or Rammstein (2 of my favorite bands so its not an insult, its the truth) and if it doesnt work, then it goes away for awhile. Could be 5 or 10 years, or in the case of The Only Time and Happiness In Slavery, FOREVER. remember when in 2009 after claiming it would never be played live, Last was played? or how about Metal, Heresy, Ruiner, and I Do Not Want This?

Blew my mind hearing Sanctified played for the first time in like 17 years, from the Fuji Rock Fest last year.

Anyways, hopeful at some point we get to hear Everything live. (and Down In It again)

Ryan
05-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Pinion / The Eater of Dreams

Me, I'm Not (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Me,+I%27m+Not)

Copy of A (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Copy+of+A)

1,000,000 (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=1,000,000)

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Piggy (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Piggy)

The Frail (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Frail)

The Wretched (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Wretched)

Gave Up (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Gave+Up)

Sanctified (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Sanctified)

Closer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Closer)

The Warning (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Warning)

Find My Way (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Find+My+Way)

Disappointed (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Disappointed)

Came Back Haunted (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Came+Back+Haunted)

The Great Destroyer (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Great+Destroyer)

Eraser (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Eraser)

Wish (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Wish)

Only (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Only)

The Hand That Feeds (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Hand+That+Feeds)

Head Like a Hole (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Head+Like+a+Hole)

Encore:
The Day the World Went Away (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Day+the+World+Went+Away)

Hurt (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Hurt)

implanted_microchip
05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
All of these setlists look so good, like, damn. I realized I posted it on the wrong thread earlier so I guess I'll bring it up here, but have they ever done MIN and The Warning at the same show before? They've always seemed like they get swapped out for one another.

Also have they done Eater of Dreams into MIN this tour? That sounds really different.

Ryan
05-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Also have they done Eater of Dreams into MIN this tour? That sounds really different.

Yes, in Oslo, Norway.

FernandoDante
05-20-2014, 10:52 PM
So, this has probably been asked before, but do you think any of the Europeans shows are getting streamed? Primavera Sound, Rock Am Ring?

WorzelG
05-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Come on Trent, please play either All Time Low or Various Methods of Escape at Cardiff or London

simonn
05-21-2014, 01:02 AM
And I hate to double post it, but seriously? you guys are getting all butt hurt about songs that have been played to death over the last 25 years, getting rotated out of the setlist? L O fuckin L this is the last thing I would be overanalyzing. TR has said time and time again that if he cant get into the song, he doesn't play it. Shit, at least the guy isnt afraid to try new stuff though, unlike some bands like Tool or Rammstein (2 of my favorite bands so its not an insult, its the truth) and if it doesnt work, then it goes away for awhile. Could be 5 or 10 years, or in the case of The Only Time and Happiness In Slavery, FOREVER. remember when in 2009 after claiming it would never be played live, Last was played? or how about Metal, Heresy, Ruiner, and I Do Not Want This?

Blew my mind hearing Sanctified played for the first time in like 17 years, from the Fuji Rock Fest last year.

Anyways, hopeful at some point we get to hear Everything live. (and Down In It again)

If you're referring to my recent posts mentioning the disappearance of Terrible Lie, and the fact that Frail/Wretched hadn't been played for a few nights, I was passing comment, not complaining.

On the subject of picking up NIN.com presales I've got a seat for Nottingham, and no desire to see Cold Cave. Can I amble in at about 8.30 and expect the presale ticket booth to still be there, or do they stop at a certain time? Also, is my driving licence the only thing they'll request (ie I assume I don't need a print of the original ticket confirmation) before handing over my golden ticket?

Glasgow setlist - pretty great. Swapping out Eraser for The Becoming - just for the fuck of it - would be great over the next few days. Also, pics I've seen of that gig, it looked pretty rammed - was that the case or was it still not a sell out?

+1 on All Time Low!

scotty79
05-21-2014, 01:38 AM
There were still plenty of seats empty and the top tier was closed off, floor was pretty packed though, a few pics from last night
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/21/ve9u2e6e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/21/a8azujaz.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/21/my8evamu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/21/u7y8ujy3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/21/ga2a9ujy.jpg

TheBang
05-21-2014, 03:18 AM
So, this has probably been asked before, but do you think any of the Europeans shows are getting streamed? Primavera Sound, Rock Am Ring?
It looks like Primavera has been streamed in the past, so a good chance. For Rock am Ring/im Park, it looks like they're already setup for streaming this year:

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/en/live
http://www.rock-im-park.com/en/live

jmtd
05-21-2014, 03:22 AM
On the subject of picking up NIN.com presales I've got a seat for Nottingham, and no desire to see Cold Cave. Can I amble in at about 8.30 and expect the presale ticket booth to still be there, or do they stop at a certain time?

I have pretty much the same question. I need to pick up NIN pre-sale tickets, 4 of them, I'd like to arrive in time for Cold Cave, who are on 8pm prompt. I was thinking of turning up no earlier than 7pm.

Also, is my driving licence the only thing they'll request (ie I assume I don't need a print of the original ticket confirmation) before handing over my golden ticket?

I think so (from reading the email, not first hand experience).

GavinCollins420
05-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Few photos I took at last night's show:

http://imgur.com/a/ob8M0

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-21-2014, 09:51 AM
remember when in 2009 after claiming it would never be played live, Last was played?

I've definitely seen it live in 2007.

Also I'm still amazed about that Berlin setlist, it really stands out .Wonder if all these amazing songs were supposed to make up for the missing screens etc.I hope they won't use Me, I'm not as the opener for all shows now.I love it, but desperately need to hear Somewhat Damaged again!

SarazenvonWolfenstein
05-21-2014, 10:11 AM
jmtd and simonn , I got stuck in a terrible traffic jam in Luxembourg and arrived way late.They handed out tix at five or so and I was an hour late.Just went to the ordinary box office and the lady there had a lot of presale tix left to be handed out, apparently many had the same problem as me.Also got an email for the Bologna show and it says the pickup location will change after a certain time, so it just depends on the venue.So I'd say just go whenever you like and head straight to the box office, that should do.Btw, simonn, as far as I can tell a driver's license is NOT an official government ID, or are you sure that's different in the Uk?Maybe bring your passport just in case.And no one ever asked for that confirmation.