PDA

View Full Version : Twenty-Thirteen Tension Tour Tug Thread - SETLIST SPOILERS!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

theimage13
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
everyone would end up getting up to leave before WISH though!

That's their own damn fault.

WorzelG
11-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Started a thread here (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2698-Rare-Tension-Cuts-Multicam-Project) regarding this project: Here's the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gloEaKzXA4

Thanks for this, you've got an amazing audio quality here

gorast
11-11-2013, 03:25 PM
everyone would end up getting up to leave before WISH though!

Not if they have good friends. ;)

WorzelG
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Not if they have good friends. ;)

It's difficult trying to find good footage of While I'm Still Here that has great sound AND video. But I found a great one of the While I'm Still Here part from Toronto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3DIreH2-8
(but the audio really fucks up for Black Noise)

and this is probably the best one I found for the whole thing including Black Noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpXaqAv7wIY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpXaqAv7wIY)

God, this song is amazing live, I will be so pissed off if they can't bring this tour overseas!

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for this, you've got an amazing audio quality here

Thanks, it's actually a surround sound mix of several sources with some mastering as well.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-11-2013, 08:47 PM
I think rather than ditching Hurt, they should do the version that Trent did with David Bowie.
As some of you have noticed, I'm still babbling about that one after hearing it for the first time last week. Why didn't they put it out as a B-side or something…?

But just moving it way up in the set could shake things up too. Hell, what if he opened with it?

Kyle
11-11-2013, 08:52 PM
As some of you have noticed, I'm still babbling about that one after hearing it for the first time last week. Why didn't they put it out as a B-side or something…?

But just moving it way up in the set could shake things up too. Hell, what if he opened with it?

It was on Closure.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't play guitar, but my buddy that plays made an interesting observation in regards to North, he said that what he was playing wasn't all that difficult, but that his "showmanship" makes it look way more difficult just because he is so wild.
Watching BYIT last week was my first exposure to the Aaron North era. I'll try not to let that permanently color my opinion of him, but I spent most of the film wanting to punch him for being such a snot.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
It was on Closure.
Yes, but buried an hour in. Anyone who wasn't already a fan probably wouldn't have made it that far.

Did it get picked up by any of the album rock stations at least, even if only for the Bowie angle? I may have already abandoned radio by '95.

dunebug81
11-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks, it's actually a surround sound mix of several sources with some mastering as well.

I posted my recording of ATLITW in the phx thread. Not sure if you used it or not but the video you put together is great. Well done.

TheBang
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Where did the Bowie footage (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2435-Twenty-Thirteen-Tension-Tour-Tug-Thread-SETLIST-SPOILERS!?p=150351#post150351) from 4 pages back in this thread come from?
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/backissue.php?y=10&m=10#1288209177

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-11-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/backissue.php?y=10&m=10#1288209177
Ah, I see. No wonder it took so long to resurface — it's a miracle any of it survived at all.

I find it odd that TR is such a huge fan of remixing on the one hand, and on the other hand pretty averse to reinterpreting songs live. Even this year's version of Sanctified doesn't stray that far from the original. Is Ghosts Piggy the biggest exception, or were there others?

Maybe someday he'll do a piano version of THTF and I won't be sick of it anymore. :p

Ryan
11-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Any news on the Texas set list?

LOVEANDZOMBIES
11-12-2013, 12:03 AM
I posted my recording of ATLITW in the phx thread. Not sure if you used it or not but the video you put together is great. Well done.

Thanks, the response has been great for this! I'm excited to do more. I didn't use your video because I was done editing by the time that show happened. Everything I used is from the first performance in San Antonio. I kinda seized the opportunity to capture that debut performance. The next ones will most likely be spread across multiple shows. If anyone has a particular request, I'm down. I just wish we had tons of HD footage from 2007 to work with. I would love to do some edits from the "everywhere but US" Year Zero Tour. WITT, Meet Your Master, etc.

Airbornefeline
11-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Any news on the Texas set list? If my memory serves me...
Copy of a
terrible lie
march
piggy
all time low
disappointed
came back haw haw haunted
find my way
the frail
the wretched
all the love in the world
into the void
the big come down
survivalism
running
a warm place
somewhat damaged
wish
the hand
head like a hole
ENCORE
even deeper
while im still here
black noise
hurt
The crowd was horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they never came back here.

fillow
11-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Spreadsheet updated up to El Paso show. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apv136EBfUp0dFpxTXpMZVhHTnNKZnNjSUVPNW1DT FE&usp=drive_web#gid=3
It's getting harder keeping it compact with every new song they add.

Krazy
11-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Jeebus, about 3000 people. :( When I checked out the seating left on TM it seemed to sell pretty well, so I'm guessing the arena seating was scaled WAY back. Will probably be expecting the same for Spokane next week...

http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_24501235/concert-review-nine-inch-nails-is-something-else-before-smallish-crowd-at-don

At least they don't have to give there shit away though, heh.

theimage13
11-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Love into Void into Comedown?

Holy balls. I think I'd end up passing out from the sheer quantity of "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO"s interspersed with the occasional "Sweet Baby Jesus".

WorzelG
11-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Jeebus, about 3000 people. :( When I checked out the seating left on TM it seemed to sell pretty well, so I'm guessing the arena seating was scaled WAY back. Will probably be expecting the same for Spokane next week...

http://www.elpasotimes.com/latestnews/ci_24501235/concert-review-nine-inch-nails-is-something-else-before-smallish-crowd-at-don
At least they don't have to give there shit away though, heh.
I'm not even American and I think 'why no Dallas?' - I've only even heard of Spokane through watching Frasier. So they play these places in the arse end of nowhere in the US that get the full production and we don't even have a London date yet

screwdriver
11-12-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm not even American and I think 'why no Dallas?' - I've only even heard of Spokane through watching Frasier. So they play these places in the arse end of nowhere in the US that get the full production and we don't even have a London date yet

hahaha, having just spent a fair amount of time in London... I have to say I prefer Spokane :-p

WorzelG
11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
^^^At least NIN have never played to low audience numbers there though despite absolutely no / or just plain shite promotion, because there's 10 million people live there- put it this way, every NIN show i've seen has been packed

screwdriver
11-12-2013, 09:22 AM
^^^At least NIN have never played to low audience numbers there though despite absolutely no / or just plain shite promotion, because there's 10 million people live there- put it this way, every NIN show i've seen has been packed

hey -- sorry, I was just joking around but didn't mean to be a jerk. sorry if I upset you. #ninfriends

(still not a fan of London, though! ;-)

WorzelG
11-12-2013, 09:35 AM
^^^no offense taken, I'm just impatient for dates so it's a bit frustrating seeing people not even attending where is being played. The main problem with London can also be people are so spoiled for gigs the audience can be a bit lacklustre, so if they play Manchester or Birmingham I'm probably going to try for 2 shows. (I don't actually live in London anymore either, I live in Cardiff but I know they won't ever play there)

Krazy
11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I was in London once back in '04 for a weekend, fucking loved it. Liked how you could just walk from one landmark to the next.

Anyways, yeah- this is how North American tours work. Bands go from one city to another. That city could be 2 million people then the next one could be 200,000 people. It's a big country I guess.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Love into Void into Comedown?

Holy balls. I think I'd end up passing out from the sheer quantity of "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO"s interspersed with the occasional "Sweet Baby Jesus".
The El Paso Times review says ATLITW was in the encore. Typical sloppy reporting?

WorzelG
11-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I was in London once back in '04 for a weekend, fucking loved it. Liked how you could just walk from one landmark to the next.

Anyways, yeah- this is how North American tours work. Bands go from one city to another. That city could be 2 million people then the next one could be 200,000 people. It's a big country I guess.
I just looked it up and Texas alone is nearly 3 times the size of the UK!

screwdriver
11-12-2013, 11:14 AM
I just looked it up and Texas alone is nearly 3 times the size of the UK!

yeah, America is giant. It's sort of insane that we're "one" country. I come from Washington state originally (not Spokane, though), and now I live in NYC, and it might as well be two different countries.

theimage13
11-12-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm not even American and I think 'why no Dallas?'

Some things that are taken into consideration:

-What makes sense for the crew? Can they get to the next city early enough to get the shop up and running on time?
-What makes sense for transportation? When you've got that many trucks and buses, diesel costs are nothing to take lightly.
-It's NBA season. Dallas is as major market for that - is there a date that makes sense while they're in the area and the team isn't already in the arena?

Now, having not really looked at the dates or a map, I can't even begin to speculate which, if any of those things, may have been a factor in deciding to play a Texas city that isn't Dallas. Simply something to think about any time you scratch your head and go "there? Really?"

FULLMETAL
11-12-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.elpasotimes.com/entertainment/ci_24501235/concert-review-nine-inch-nails-is-something-else-before-smallish-crowd-at-don?source=rss

"The encore was a microcosm of what had preceded, including a slow, moody "All the Love in the World," which included some wordless soul wailing from Fischer..."

It's probable the reviewer is confusing ATLITW with "Even Deeper" and his notes from the show are jumbled.

Kyle
11-12-2013, 12:06 PM
The person who posted the setlist here said it was from memory.

m15a
11-12-2013, 12:11 PM

i'm confused . . there haven't been any london dates announced because the tour dates haven't been announced yet, right? that doesn't have anything to do with what locations have shows in the US. why would they announce a show in London in april 2014 (maybe) before a show in the US in november 2013?

also, the size of a city in the US doesn't necessarily matter because in some cases people will drive far for a concert. there are a lot of people in "the arse end of nowhere in the US".

Kyle
11-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Also San Francisco, Chicago and Philadelphia had festival shows that usually have stipulations in contracts about future shows in the area so that's why they're off the list. And Dallas.... I've been to Dallas. I can understand why you'd skip there.

I kid I kid.....

sorta.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-12-2013, 12:17 PM
The person who posted the setlist here said it was from memory.
But I'd expect a fan to recognize a big departure from previous setlists. Less inclined to trust the reporter, who could have been cribbing from those previous setlists to meet his deadline.

Hopefully other people will turn up eventually, maybe even an actual copy of the setlist or a recording to confirm. But the low attendance is working against us.

gorast
11-12-2013, 12:33 PM
"Lisa Fischer wailing" is Even Deeper, which has (to my knowledge) almost always been in the encore. Non-fan reviewers make mistakes - that was one of them.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-12-2013, 12:38 PM
"Lisa Fischer wailing" is Even Deeper, which has (to my knowledge) almost always been in the encore. Non-fan reviewers make mistakes - that was one of them.
The "Pink Floyd" wailing, right? I figured that's what he meant, but couldn't remember which song.

WorzelG
11-12-2013, 02:14 PM
i'm confused . . there haven't been any london dates announced because the tour dates haven't been announced yet, right? that doesn't have anything to do with what locations have shows in the US. why would they announce a show in London in april 2014 (maybe) before a show in the US in november 2013?

also, the size of a city in the US doesn't necessarily matter because in some cases people will drive far for a concert. there are a lot of people in "the arse end of nowhere in the US".
yeah, as i said above I was being peevish that no dates had been announced - take no heed

Krazy
11-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm not even American and I think 'why no Dallas?'

Because the Dallas http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/cantu84/cowboys-suck.gif

Bwahahahahahahahahahahhahhaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krazy
11-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Holy crap, that El Paso article wasn't kidding about free concerts:

http://www.megadeth.com/tour

<----- would post in El Paso review but rules are rules. o_O

Ryan
11-12-2013, 04:20 PM
setlist.fm says they opened with The Eater Of Dreams prior to Copy Of A.

Is this correct?

If so, it'll be its debut:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/don-haskins-center-el-paso-tx-3bc49400.html

nooneimportant
11-12-2013, 04:29 PM
setlist.fm says they opened with The Eater Of Dreams prior to Copy Of A.

Is this correct?

If so, it'll be its debut:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/don-haskins-center-el-paso-tx-3bc49400.html

I think if it did get played, it would have been on the printed setlist. I believe they put Pinion on the setlist when it opens shows.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-12-2013, 04:31 PM
http://instagram.com/p/gmt3xGL1RD/#

That confirms ATLITW was played earlier in the show, but before The Frail/Wretched.

Mmmm, big piano outro into low-key piano intro. I'd love to hear what that sounded like.

Ryan
11-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I think if it did get played, it would have been on the printed setlist. I believe they put Pinion on the setlist when it opens shows.

Okay cool, I removed it.

Kyle
11-13-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm a bit late to this game, but I'm just reading that el Paso times article now and keep in mind that the same article you were debating over the accuracy of regarding the setlist also referred to Trent as an "Academy Award winning movie writer."

At least he knows that Johnny Cash's "Hurt" was a cover. I'll give him that.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm a bit late to this game, but I'm just reading that el Paso times article now and keep in mind that the same article you were debating over the accuracy of regarding the setlist also referred to Trent as an "Academy Award winning movie writer."
That one snagged my eyeballs too (hurts like hell when that happens), but I was inclined to forgive him — he probably meant "movie music writer."

Does anyone with a clue ever say "movie writer" when they mean screenwriter? Maybe I shouldn't ask that. :p

icecream
11-13-2013, 06:22 PM
What's up with El Paso getting the free concerts? Any reason?

Kyle
11-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Bands feel sorry for them for living in Texas?

screwdriver
11-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Bands feel sorry for them for living in Texas?

Austin is the best, yo

Krazy
11-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Follow the Colorado show live, apparently....

http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2013/11/13/nine-inch-nails-at-the-1stbank-center-in-colorado/81021/

#NINColo
and
@RVRB

m15a
11-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Follow the Colorado show live, apparently....

http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2013/11/13/nine-inch-nails-at-the-1stbank-center-in-colorado/81021/

#NINColo
and
@RVRB

"Called it! Hurt!" :rolleyes:

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/1st-bank-center-broomfield-co-13c48959.html

That's 4 times now for All the Love in the World. One more and it'll beat Only (if you ignore the festivals). Woo!

Kyle
11-14-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm pretty certain it's a new regular in the setlist but wasn't ready at the start since the singers were hired a week before the show and it probably wasn't rehearsed without them.

hani
11-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Trent needs to bring more TS tracks to the setlist. Head Down, come on!!

Ryan
11-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Imagine if typical set lists for this tour looked more like this, or they altered between these different songs for different shows:

The Eater Of Dreams / or Now I'm Nothing / or The Eater Of Dreams + Pinion / or The New Flesh (in its entirety)
Copy of A / or Terrible Lie
1,000,000 / or Head Down / or Echoplex
Terrible Lie / or Sin
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low / or Everything / or 10 Miles High
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way / or Something I Can Never Have / or The Fragile / or The Great Below / or Lights In The Sky
Various Methods of Escape
Sanctified / or The Only Time / or Ringfinger
The Big Come Down / or Underneath It All / or The Great Collapse / or Demon Seed
In Two
Survivalism / or My Violent Heart / or Capital G / or The Great Destroyer / or Sunspots
Running / or We're In This Together / or Where Is Everybody?
A Warm Place / or Adrift and at Peace
Somewhat Damaged / or Help Me I Am In Hell
Wish / or Last / or Happiness In Slavery
The Hand That Feeds / or Down In It
Head Like a Hole

All The Love In The World / or Every Day Is Exactly The Same
Even Deeper / or No, You Don't / or La Mer/Into The Void / or The Becoming / or Please / or Suck
While I'm Still Here/Black Noise / or Zero-Sum / or And All That Could Have Been
Hurt / or Leaving Hope

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Imagine if typical set lists for this tour looked more like this, or they altered between these different songs for different shows:
It's a nice thought, but can anyone actually learn to play that many songs for one tour, let alone do them well?

I think the only one you left out was The Perfect Drug. :p

m15a
11-14-2013, 05:02 PM

personally, even having gone to two shows, i'm not sure i'd be as happy with that sort of setlist. i'm already a tiny bit disappointed that i didn't get to hear two of the HM songs that have been performed. mixing up the old songs is fine with me, and i did appreciate when that happened at the two concerts i went to (like piggy and reptile).

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Maybe someday at one of those secret shows he'll do a "unicorns" set of songs he's never played live.

And then invite three people to the show. That would be the ultimate NIN troll. :p

Ryan
11-14-2013, 05:09 PM
It's a nice thought, but can anyone actually learn to play that many songs for one tour, let alone do them well?

Yes, The Cure do 4 hour sets with 40+ songs!

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes, The Cure do 4 hour sets with 40+ songs!
The same 40 songs … or different ones?

billpulsipher
11-14-2013, 05:33 PM
The Cure do 3 hour to 3 and a half hour shows when they headline..Robert says there is about 60 to 70 songs he has in rotation that they can play anytime. They recently started playing songs they haven't played since 1984/85, they even started playing a very rare b side from 1985 that has never been played. They played Burn for the first time ever a few weeks ago. The Cure are the ULTIMATE live band, nobody can match up to them when it comes to setlist variation. I dont expect TR to ever vary the setlist too much, because god forbid it interferes with the precious light show. But at least TR isn't turning into Depeche Mode or the Deftones, playing the same exact greatest hits setlist night after night after night....

Ryan
11-14-2013, 06:24 PM
The same 40 songs … or different ones?

Different.

m15a
11-14-2013, 07:03 PM
i just realized setlist.fm has this function so i might have screwed it up, but according to that, NIN have played 38 songs on the current tour so far: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?tour=Tension+2013 . . . the cure plays something like 70 or 80 songs in most tours. in the ballpark of the 66 songs in Ryan's list.

could happen if trent wanted i'm sure. but more doesn't mean better necessarily. (and it's only more for the minority that go to a lot of concerts on a single tour.)

EDIT: NIN played 68 songs on the wave goodbye club tour. similar numbers to the cure for a tour that small.

icecream
11-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Bob Dylan varies his selists a decent amount too. He will go through phases where they are the same for a while but then out of nowhere you will get random sets.

jessamineny
11-14-2013, 07:27 PM
They're professional musicians. I don't know why anyone would doubt their knowledge of the catalog and ability to perform it brilliantly.

The only reason they don't have a huge pool of performed songs would be the light show, I'd guess. That, and the fact they're playing a third of the setlist from the new album (I'm not complaining, fwiw). After you play those, and the songs you feel like you "have" to play, I doubt there's much room left.

Ryan
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Tand the songs you feel like you "have" to play, I doubt there's much room left.

I wish artists didn't feel obliged to play certain songs. They aren't!

Especially not THTF.

m15a
11-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I wish artists didn't feel obliged to play certain songs. They aren't!

Especially not THTF.

maybe they like to play those songs, though. bands often appreciate that positive energy fro that crowd, and THTF definitely gets a fan reaction that Ghosts 37 would not.

The only reason they don't have a huge pool of performed songs would be the light show, I'd guess.

important part bolded. that's a guess. trent (and hopefully the rest of the band) have actual knowledge and can make artistic and practical judgments that we would have no way of knowing. (don't mean to single you out, jessamineny. my point is that we're all guessing, but you actually said so.)

Ryan
11-14-2013, 08:05 PM
maybe they like to play those songs, though. bands often appreciate that positive energy fro that crowd, and THTF definitely gets a fan reaction that Ghosts 37 would not.

Yeah but like, always on the setlist, always in the same spot. It can be changed a bit.

Alvetica
11-14-2013, 08:11 PM
But at least TR isn't turning into Depeche Mode or the Deftones, playing the same exact greatest hits setlist night after night after night....

I caught two depeche mode shows this year and those setlists were pretty varied.

m15a
11-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah but like, always on the setlist, always in the same spot. It can be changed a bit.

changing the order is only a potential positive to people who are seeing the band multiple times or following the set lists*. placing the right song at the right time can be a benefit to everyone in the audience.

i don't want to sound like i completely disagree. the NINJA/wave goodbye tour was great. i'd like to experience that again, too. but i appreciate both approaches.

* plus any positive effect that having variety may have on the band, on which we can only speculate.

jessamineny
11-14-2013, 08:21 PM
trent (and hopefully the rest of the band) have actual knowledge and can make artistic and practical judgments that we would have no way of knowing.

I don't understand your point. This sort of goes without saying, doesn't it... that they have reasons for what they do, and we have no way of knowing why unless they explicitly tell us?

m15a
11-14-2013, 08:38 PM
I don't understand your point. This sort of goes without saying, doesn't it... that they have reasons for what they do, and we have no way of knowing why unless they explicitly tell us?

sorry. it does sort of go without saying, but sometimes we forget that when we imagine a dream set list (or when some people say what they think the band should do), that we only have limited information.

i've seen cases on here (and, like, every fan board) where after some speculation is repeated enough, people will consider it as fact. so, basically, saying "i guess" is a good thing imo.

billpulsipher
11-14-2013, 09:32 PM
I caught two depeche mode shows this year and those setlists were pretty varied.

they usually play identical sets unless its 2 nights in the same city, then they rotate out 2 songs...the only songs they constantly change is Martins solo stuff, Dave sings the same shit every night (personal jesus, enjoy the silence, I feel you, etc)

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-14-2013, 09:42 PM
EDIT: NIN played 68 songs on the wave goodbye club tour. similar numbers to the cure for a tour that small.
I bow to the data. :p

Kyle
11-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Every time I read one of these threads I'm glad Trent doesn't turn to this board for advice.

fillow
11-15-2013, 02:06 AM
40 songs? pfft.
Tool can play the same 8 song setlist for 7 years and people still pay to go.

hani
11-15-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't know if I'm speaking for everyone in the room, but about doing the same songs every time:

I'm happy Trent retired Closer. ever since P2007 he seemed so bored when singing it. when I was watching festival streams this year, and Closer came up, my instant thought was "GOD this song live didn't age well AT ALL"

screwdriver
11-15-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't know if I'm speaking for everyone in the room, but about doing the same songs every time:

I'm happy Trent retired Closer. ever since P2007 he seemed so bored when singing it. when I was watching festival streams this year, and Closer came up, my instant thought was "GOD this song live didn't age well AT ALL"

I really feel like... they kept pushing the song to be more and more "rock," and I think that was the wrong direction. they should slink it back down to an electronic thing and I think it would feel tremendously interesting again. But stop making the choruses so bombastic, stop TOT breakdown, stop the crazy drum fills.... it was fun for awhile but it just got too much

hani
11-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I wonder when Trent will decide it's time for Hurt and HLAH to say bye bye

I mean I don't think HLAH aged a DAY since 1989 tbh, but Hurt became a bit cheesy. and there are so many great emotional closers like ITT+ZS, WISH+BN, RWIB . . . or imagine closing a show with Underneath It All . . .

sweeterthan
11-15-2013, 08:51 AM
HLAH is timeless IMO. It's the ultimate rock anthem. People love closer. It's not my favorite nin song but it's a great song. Hurt is just such a downer. I hate that he closes with it because there are so many nin songs he could close with that would leave the crowd feeling amped.

Kyle
11-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Wtf? I typed a message and clicked post and it said it was less than ten characters and disappeared?

anyway the main point was that I think the difference between Closer and Hurt is that I don't think Trent is really into Closer since its been removed and re-added to setlists since 1995. To many casual fans its his signature song so it always works its way back but I just don't think he's into it.

theimage13
11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
HLAH is timeless IMO. It's the ultimate rock anthem. People love closer. It's not my favorite nin song but it's a great song. Hurt is just such a downer. I hate that he closes with it because there are so many nin songs he could close with that would leave the crowd feeling amped.

I'm a huge fan of closing a show on a slower track instead of feeling "amped". Any song with a decent beat can get you feeling that way; few are the tracks that give you the chills - like ITT/ZS did on Lights in the Sky, and WISH/BN had done before Hurt started. If you really want a smash 'em up song at the end though, close with the full length WITT. The bulk of the song gets you energized, but the outro gets me right where I want to be when I'm walking out.

Kyle
11-15-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm a huge fan of closing a show on a slower track instead of feeling "amped". Any song with a decent beat can get you feeling that way; few are the tracks that give you the chills - like ITT/ZS did on Lights in the Sky, and WISH/BN had done before Hurt started. If you really want a smash 'em up song at the end though, close with the full length WITT. The bulk of the song gets you energized, but the outro gets me right where I want to be when I'm walking out.

first time I saw NIN was the FDtS tour. Since this was a year before I discovered the Internet I had no idea what the setlist was going to be and SICNH was the absolute last song I would have expected to close out the night but it worked. Holy shit, it worked. With the raw emotional state Trent was in at the time, a song like that was a more powerful closer than anything else in their catalog would have been.

WorzelG
11-15-2013, 12:54 PM

That's an amazing idea!
Just through having watched videos of the tour so far, I just love the WISH / BN part - Hurt almost seems like an anti-climax.
This is the youtube video I've been watching - whether it's the backing singers, Ilan Rubin killing it on the drums, the sax and Trent's piano melody that's really got into my head - I don't know which part is the best, incredible. The bass sound just seems throbbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfwrzDVgs1k

theimage13
11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
In Hurt's defense, I'll say this much...in Boston, Trent's voice still had a tone - almost a waver - to it that seemed to indicate that it hasn't lost any personal meaning for him. If he's still closing with it because it still strikes a chord with him, then I whole-heartedly support his decision to keep on closing with it.

WorzelG
11-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I got married in Vegas, I'm so jealous of the people going to the show tonight

icecream
11-15-2013, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't mind HLAH opening a show. That would be so surprising and just... amazing

Kyle
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't mind HLAH opening a show. That would be so surprising and just... amazing

I don't know the dates off hand but its been done.

icecream
11-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't know the dates off hand but its been done.
Yeah, I remember there was a WaveGoodbye show they did it at. Also during the Fragile Era I think it was done a few times.

theimage13
11-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I remember there was a WaveGoodbye show they did it at. Also during the Fragile Era I think it was done a few times.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2009/20090908.html

Kyle
11-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Also http://www.ninwiki.com/Fall_1995_Club_Tour

jessamineny
11-15-2013, 04:30 PM

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2009/20090908.html

I remember thinking at the time, "Well. THIS is going to be an interesting show."

icecream
11-15-2013, 05:12 PM
I remember thinking at the time, "Well. THIS is going to be an interesting show."
Lucky you, that looked like an amazing setlist.

That other guy
11-15-2013, 05:46 PM
My dream setlist ( Don't think Trents Voice would last to long): Downward Spiral Start to finish , then lead into Fragile Start to Finish.... One can dream right?

Kyle
11-15-2013, 06:12 PM
My dream setlist ( Don't think Trents Voice would last to long): Downward Spiral Start to finish , then lead into Fragile Start to Finish.... One can dream right?

If you're going to be unrealistic lets just do all the albums. I was going to say all the Halos but I guess we won't force him to do Fixed.

The encore can be Burn, Memorabilia, GDML, Dead Souls, TPD, Deep, the WT out takes and Tetsuo man. We'll let him get away with skipping Purest Feeling.

nooneimportant
11-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Just through having watched videos of the tour so far, I just love the WISH / BN part - Hurt almost seems like an anti-climax.

That reminds me of how they would end shows with Something I Can Never Have in 1995.

As far as Hurt goes, nothing beats the version from the same tour. The music video for it is just incredible to me and the tones created are just insanely good. That piano just gets me, man. I like all versions of Hurt mostly, but the 1995 version stands out the most. Also, that snake on the projection screen is goosebumps worthy. Glad Trent brought that moment back.

Ryan
11-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Vegas night #1 -

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4797/8fum.jpg

Tumnayar
11-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Would be awesome if Trent put in closer to god to replace closer instead of just throwing it out, maybe one of these days he will again.

virushopper
11-16-2013, 01:45 AM
Vegas night #1 -

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4797/8fum.jpg

No Somewhat Damaged or Warm Place sadly

Ryan
11-16-2013, 01:59 AM
No Somewhat Damaged or Warm Place sadly

Apparently Burn was played and there are also other inaccuracies, though I don't think as drastic as what is currently on setlist.fm -

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/the-joint-at-hard-rock-hotel-las-vegas-nv-4bc483ee.html

Copy of A (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Copy+of+A)

1,000,000 (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=1,000,000)

Terrible Lie (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Terrible+Lie)

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Piggy (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Piggy)

All Time Low (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=All+Time+Low)

Disappointed (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Disappointed)

Came Back Haunted (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Came+Back+Haunted)

Find My Way (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Find+My+Way)

Various Methods of Escape (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Various+Methods+of+Escape)

Sanctified (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Sanctified)

The Hand That Feeds (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Hand+That+Feeds)

Head Like a Hole (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Head+Like+a+Hole)

Can someone post the proper set list?

cynicmuse
11-16-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm cribbing from nintourhistory:
1. Copy of A
2. 1,000,000
3. Terrible Lie
4. March of the Pigs
5. Piggy
6. All Time Low
7. Disappointed
8. Came Back Haunted
9. Find My Way
10. Various Methods of Escape
11. The Frail
12. The Wretched
13. Sanctified
14. The Big Come Down
15. Survivalism
16. Wish
17. I'm Afraid of Americans
18. Burn
19. The Hand That Feeds
20. Head Like A Whole
Encore:
21. All The Love In The World
22. Even Deeper
23. While I'm Still Here
24. Hurt

TheBang
11-16-2013, 03:09 AM
The pictured setlist appears to have been leftover from Colorado.

nooneimportant
11-16-2013, 06:18 AM
This a really dumb thought, but it would be cool if they opened with Pinion into Somewhat Damaged for the next Vegas show.

theimage13
11-16-2013, 11:44 AM

Thought we were getting PHM, did we?

jessamineny
11-16-2013, 12:01 PM
He's the best troll evah. <3

icecream
11-17-2013, 02:17 AM
So the two Vegas shows seemed kinda lame (for being called completely different, or something along those lines). Just normal Tension setlists, with pretty much all the rotating songs being played between the two shows. The big change up in the second show looks like Copy of A didn't open but ATL did instead.

gorast
11-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Were we expecting something more than that?

I like that Trent basically did a showcase of every Tension track between the shows, probably because the band knew there'd be a decent overlap in attendees between the two. Opening with ATL is interesting; has that happened at a proper Tension date before tonight?

cynicmuse
11-17-2013, 02:26 AM
So the two Vegas shows seemed kinda lame (for being called completely different, or something along those lines). Just normal Tension setlists, with pretty much all the rotating songs being played between the two shows. The big change up in the second show looks like Copy of A didn't open but ATL did instead.
Was it as much of a departure from the usual set lists as what happened during LITS at the Atlantic City show? No. However, the second show was significantly more mellow, and the back up singers were on stage for most of the show because >50% of the "heavy" stuff was dropped (no 1,000,000, Terrible Lie, MOTP, or Piggy). They also didn't do Find My Way, which they'd played every other show of the tour except the Ansan Valley Festival and Pukkelpop. The order of the setlist was changed up for the songs before A Warm Place as well.

Kyle
11-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Remember that the lights in the sky version of NIN was together for a lot longer. This version of the band has been together since one week before the tour started and Josh wasn't really around too much longer before that. They probably don't know much more than what's been played. I think it's also why songs like All the Love are getting introduced later in the tour - because they're learning as they go. I wouldn't be surprised if the "unique" shows that we see in 2014 are a bit more unique.

Or I could be pulling stuff out of my ass.

TheBang
11-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Well, I think in general that they will add additional songs to the repertoire for the 2014 show.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-17-2013, 06:58 AM
The first show was a lot closer to the typical Tension set. For all the overlap between them, the second one has a different trajectory.

Don't think they've gone from In Two to a Warm Place before.

icecream
11-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Remember that the lights in the sky version of NIN was together for a lot longer. This version of the band has been together since one week before the tour started and Josh wasn't really around too much longer before that. They probably don't know much more than what's been played. I think it's also why songs like All the Love are getting introduced later in the tour - because they're learning as they go. I wouldn't be surprised if the "unique" shows that we see in 2014 are a bit more unique.

Or I could be pulling stuff out of my ass.
Yeah, I didn't take that into account. I was expecting SICNH, TLBTB, maybe Down in It.

m15a
11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
So the two Vegas shows seemed kinda lame (for being called completely different, or something along those lines).

who said that? if you're talking about Rob's tweet, which was directly a response to a question, he said that the visual setup would be different than either the typical tension show or the festival shows.

this is what i was talking about with speculation turning into assumption (and then usually disappointment) on ETS.

EDIT: again, i don't mean to single out icecream. my point is we all do it. i was particularly interested to see the las vegas set lists, too.

TheBang
11-17-2013, 01:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/whexgyi.gif

icecream
11-17-2013, 09:29 PM
who said that? if you're talking about Rob's tweet, which was directly a response to a question, he said that the visual setup would be different than either the typical tension show or the festival shows.

this is what i was talking about with speculation turning into assumption (and then usually disappointment) on ETS.

EDIT: again, i don't mean to single out icecream. my point is we all do it. i was particularly interested to see the las vegas set lists, too.
I guess I should have read it more carefully.

Kyle
11-17-2013, 09:38 PM
http://i.minus.com/imrf4O1d4MUZP.gif

this is hypnotic.

richardp
11-17-2013, 11:05 PM

Finck Sliiiiiiiiide.

sick among the pure
11-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Can't not like a million times. Fuckin Robin, I swear, I love that man, and he better stay with the touring band forever. Anymore I spend as much time watching him as Trent.

Kyle
11-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Can't not like a million times. Fuckin Robin, I swear, I love that man, and he better stay with the touring band forever. Anymore I spend as much time watching him as Trent.

Robin is a very good guitarist but it's not like he's the best ever. But there is something about him that just exudes awesomeness. NIN isn't the same without him (no knock on Aaron North who in some ways may be a better guitarist but to me he's just not NIN).

Of course for various reasons I wasn't able to make it to any shows during the Awitha Teetha era, so the only two constants in all the shows I've seen have been Trent and Robin which may be why I associate him so closely with NIN. If I had any photoshop skills I would now make up a Trentman and Robin picture.

nooneimportant
11-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Every time I listen to recent live stuff from NIN, I always imagine Robin Finck doing his signature grooving to the song that's playing. Every damn time. Cannot unsee.

sick among the pure
11-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Exactly. I've never said he's the best player, technical or otherwise, but his whole person just fits so well with NIN. Not to mention his awesome gremlin backing vocals. I'm glad I didn't see The Wretched until Robin was back with the band, that's for sure.

Kyle
11-18-2013, 12:56 PM
I just recently saw pictures of him with GNR for the first time and he didn't even look like the same person.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-18-2013, 01:10 PM
I just recently saw pictures of him with GNR for the first time and he didn't even look like the same person.
The hair moves in mysterious ways.

hani
11-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Robin and Aaron both were great, but at different things

hani
11-18-2013, 02:05 PM
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1475904_10152029744916221_1348418054_n.jpg

howdidislipinto
11-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Exactly. I've never said he's the best player, technical or otherwise, but his whole person just fits so well with NIN. Not to mention his awesome gremlin backing vocals. I'm glad I didn't see The Wretched until Robin was back with the band, that's for sure.

So true. Of everyone who's been in NIN over the years, no matter how good or bad, it seems like both Robin and Ally have somehow just found that groove of being permanent players. Deservedly so, I think. They just fit.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-18-2013, 09:53 PM
So true. Of everyone who's been in NIN over the years, no matter how good or bad, it seems like both Robin and Ally have somehow just found that groove of being permanent players. Deservedly so, I think. They just fit.
Don't forget about Ilan.

gorast
11-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Don't forget about Ilan.
Ilan's only done two tours, though. Of the "core band" (excluding Pino and the backup singers), I think Ilan is the least likely to stay on for an extended period of time, considering he's in like fourteen other bands.

sick among the pure
11-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Ilan's only done two tours, though. Of the "core band" (excluding Pino and the backup singers), I think Ilan is the least likely to stay on for an extended period of time, considering he's in like fourteen other bands.

Plus, Ilan's never been replaced or left, and then come back, as Ally and Robin have.

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Well, looks like Spokane is out, nothing new or special though...
Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Sanctified
Satellite
The Big Come Down
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Encore:
All the Love in the World
Even Deeper
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

I'm glad they got Satellite out of the way before the Vancouver show on Thursday. I can't stand that song, and it appears they alter it every other night. Would rather get The Frail / The Wretched again, one of my personal favorites. I'm still dying to hear Into the Void and TDTWWA on this tour tough. Neither of songs were played in Vegas and TDTWWA was played last night in Portland, so i'm afraid I won't get either. The rotation for those 2 seem to be every 3-4 shows. All the love is a gamble as well. I doubt i'll get to hear it again in Vancouver, seems to be skipping every other night. I'm glad I was able to hear it in Vegas.

Krazy
11-20-2013, 01:31 AM

Shit you not- I specifically looked for this tonight. The fucker/Finckster did it again during 'Survivalism'.

Krazy
11-20-2013, 01:37 AM
Well, looks like Spokane is out, nothing new or special though...
Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Sanctified
Satellite
The Big Come Down
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Encore:
All the Love in the World
Even Deeper
While I'm Still Here
Black Noise
Hurt

I'm glad they got Satellite out of the way before the Vancouver show on Thursday. I can't stand that song, and it appears they alter it every other night. Would rather get The Frail / The Wretched again, one of my personal favorites. I'm still dying to hear Into the Void and TDTWWA on this tour tough. Neither of songs were played in Vegas and TDTWWA was played last night in Portland, so i'm afraid I won't get either. The rotation for those 2 seem to be every 3-4 shows. All the love is a gamble as well. I doubt i'll get to hear it again in Vancouver, seems to be skipping every other night. I'm glad I was able to hear it in Vegas.

Looks about right, we shouldn't expect anything different at this point though.

Agreed on Satellite- but damn the visuals are really cool (when they get all of it) and the crowd really seems to appreciate it. Just for that I don't mind the song being played and chances are it won't be in future tours (just my opinion- don't have any inside info or anything).

ryanp16
11-20-2013, 07:31 AM
nothing special though

20. All the Love in the World

Heh. ;)

10chars

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Heh. ;)

10chars

Haha, I guess i'm just used that to song being a staple now. I just wanna know where the Becoming went. I thought they rehearsed it.

Kyle
11-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Haha, I guess i'm just used that to song being a staple now. I just wanna know where the Becoming went. I thought they rehearsed it.

I think it's pretty well established by now that that setlist was BS.

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 01:59 PM
I think it's pretty well established by now that that setlist was BS.

Congrats on your 666th post!

But there was also a pic instagrammed by Josh that had "Becoming" written on tape that was stuck on a mixing deck or something of that effect back in June/July.

Kyle
11-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Congrats on your 666th post!

But there was also a pic instagrammed by Josh that had "Becoming" written on tape that was stuck on a mixing deck or something of that effect back in June/July.

Thanks. I missed that.

icecream
11-20-2013, 04:49 PM
My guess is they scraped it when they got Pino, Lisa, and Sharlotte in favour of songs that the back up singers would stand out on.

icecream
11-20-2013, 04:52 PM
\ Just for that I don't mind the song being played and chances are it won't be in future tours (just my opinion- don't have any inside info or anything).
I wonder what songs from HM will survive on future tours. CBH, Copy of A? Beyond that I can't make a guess. I wish lots of them will make it into future shows, hope he doesn't abandon them like he has most of the good WT material.

Kyle
11-20-2013, 04:53 PM
My guess is they scraped it when they got Pino, Lisa, and Sharlotte in favour of songs that the back up singers would stand out on.

There is a whole section at the beginning and (pre-encore) end where the backup singers aren't on stage. I think the entire vibe of the show in general changed.

ManBurning
11-20-2013, 05:09 PM
There is a whole section at the beginning and (pre-encore) end where the backup singers aren't on stage. I think the entire vibe of the show in general changed.

Unless you were at Vegas Night #2. The backup singers were on stage for the whole show. The came out with All Time Low to start the show, and they never left. They were even there for Copy Of A. Although, they just danced on stage for the song. One of them even got bored and went up to her mic to do backup singing on Copy of A near the end of the song. The other just kept dancing, lol...

I guess that's why they scrapped Terrible Lie, MOTP, 1,000,000 and Piggy for that show. The singers would have been 100% useless for those songs. It was a shock not hearing any of those songs, and the thing is, I never even noticed til I compared the setlists between nights later that night. That's when you have a good show, when you don't even realize MOTP and Terrible Lie were missing from the set, haha.

demgoth
11-21-2013, 12:12 AM
I thought both Vegas nights were awesome, but night 2 especially and the harder staples not being repeated for once was refreshing. And it made room for more song switches and the chance for me to hear my favorite song both nights (The Wretched) and my favorite Hesitation Marks song (I Would For You) although it's rarely been played on this tour.

On another note I think Satellite kicks ass live but it's missing that cool sound effect between Trent's "Yes we can, yes we did.." part. What's up with that? Sounds really cool on the record..

nooneimportant
11-21-2013, 02:24 AM

I'm pretty sure they will play different stuff next time they tour. What's the point of breaking out every NIN song ever on one leg of the tour? You'll ruin the future for yourself and I'm sure Trent doesn't want to get bored like that.

ManBurning
11-21-2013, 03:07 AM
I'm pretty sure they will play different stuff next time they tour. What's the point of breaking out every NIN song ever on one leg of the tour? You'll ruin the future for yourself and I'm sure Trent doesn't want to get bored like that.

Yeah, to be honest with you, i'm SHOCKED he's scheduling so many shows all the way into 2014. The man just doesn't stop. It's no wonder he gets bored of touring and needs a break, the guy literally is a touring machine. When a normal band goes on tour, they do it for maybe 6 months, NIN on the other hand will tour 1-2 years straight. sometimes even longer.

I'll be surprised if they return for another round of US shows after the sping UK run, I doubt him or the band are gonna want to tour that much longer past next June/July of '14.

Hey, I hope i'm prooved wrong and this supposive "2014 US summer amphitheatre tour" people speak of is in the works behind closed doors, but it just seems like him and the band are just tiring themselves out.

billpulsipher
11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
For an album that basically died within 2 months, it seems pretty bizarre he is scheduling a 12-15 month world tour, playing 95 percent of songs from that very album. It's almost like he is pulling a Depeche Mode by doing this monster tour, even though the album isn't doing anything......I would prefer he do 6 months and be done with it, then start work on the next record, etc...oh and that Fragile reissue

TheBang
11-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Shit you not- I specifically looked for this tonight. The fucker/Finckster did it again during 'Survivalism'.
Yeah, he did it both nights at Vegas. He probably does it every night. It's during the 2nd verse of Survivalism.

WorzelG
11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah, to be honest with you, i'm SHOCKED he's scheduling so many shows all the way into 2014. The man just doesn't stop. It's no wonder he gets bored of touring and needs a break, the guy literally is a touring machine. When a normal band goes on tour, they do it for maybe 6 months, NIN on the other hand will tour 1-2 years straight. sometimes even longer.

I'll be surprised if they return for another round of US shows after the sping UK run, I doubt him or the band are gonna want to tour that much longer past next June/July of '14.

Hey, I hope i'm prooved wrong and this supposive "2014 US summer amphitheatre tour" people speak of is in the works behind closed doors, but it just seems like him and the band are just tiring themselves out.

If you look at the dates of the tours though, they seem to be batches of 2 months with time off inbetween, it's not like its constant touring for a year. They've got Dec - Feb off and then tour Mar then most of April off and tour May/June

Kyle
11-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah the fact that the sales of the album died off after such a short time clearly means he should give up on it.

http://cdn.self-titledmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Nine_Inch_Nails-The_Fragile-Frontal.jpg

billpulsipher
11-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah the fact that the sales of the album died off after such a short time clearly means he should give up on it.

http://cdn.self-titledmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Nine_Inch_Nails-The_Fragile-Frontal.jpg

and how long did he tour Fragile? 3 weeks in Europe. 2 weeks in Australia/japan. 2 months in America and 2 weeks of festivals. Done....He didn't do a 15 month tour.

Kyle
11-21-2013, 07:12 PM
From November 1999 to July 2000. You can't count weeks between tours for one and not the other. Hell, if you're going to count everything after an album being to support an album then he toured a ton for The Slip.

Krazy
11-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Everyone should chill. They're not touring "non-stop for almost 2 years". There's quite a big break in all of this especially considering how much he toured for WT.

Hell, look at Tension- it's a 2 month tour and they don't hit the road for over 3 months (yes, I know there's rehearsals, logistics, etc).

I'll be disappointed if there isn't a US leg sometime next year. We'll see I guess.

m15a
11-21-2013, 07:21 PM
i feel like an idiot for actually checking if billpulsipher's claim was actually reasonable. (spoilers: it's not.)

Ryan
11-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Dear Trent,

Whip out Sunspots or something tonight eh?

Kyle
11-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Dear Trent,

Whip out Sunspots or something tonight eh?

Well they have women on stage now to play the vacuum cleaner solo.

Im sorry. I couldn't help myself. I'll go hide in the corner now.

Ryan
11-21-2013, 10:00 PM
well they have women on stage now to play the vacuum cleaner solo.

el snaparoo!

gorast
11-21-2013, 10:58 PM

*throws rotten vegetables at*

billpulsipher
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
i feel like an idiot for actually checking if billpulsipher's claim was actually reasonable. (spoilers: it's not.)

I was wrong, They actually toured LESS than I gave them credit for. It was 2 weeks in Europe in late 99, not 3 weeks...

gorast
11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Well, it's not like they haven't toured in four years, and this isn't a comeback tour or anything.

Oh, wait.

Kyle
11-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Besides, if he makes a new record, you're not going to like it anyway.

fillow
11-21-2013, 11:47 PM
And of course the short length of Fragility tour was clearly caused by low album sales and had nothing to do whatsoever with Trent's drugs and alcohol abuse at the time.

m15a
11-21-2013, 11:54 PM
And of course the short length of Fragility tour was clearly caused by low album sales and had nothing to do whatsoever with Trent's drugs and alcohol abuse at the time.

(it wasn't short. it was 75 shows long.)

Ryan
11-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Setlist for Vancouver?

fillow
11-22-2013, 01:53 AM
(it wasn't short. it was 75 shows long.)
Yeah. I mean, comparing to Self Destruct and With Teeth tours, for example.

Ryan
11-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Setlist for Vancouver?

Copy of A (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Copy+of+A)

1,000,000 (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=1,000,000)

Terrible Lie (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Terrible+Lie)

March of the Pigs (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=March+of+the+Pigs)

Piggy (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Piggy)

All Time Low (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=All+Time+Low)

Disappointed (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Disappointed)

Came Back Haunted (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Came+Back+Haunted)

Find My Way (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Find+My+Way)

Various Methods of Escape (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Various+Methods+of+Escape)

Sanctified (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Sanctified)

The Frail (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Frail)

The Wretched (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Wretched)

The Big Come Down (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Big+Come+Down)

Survivalism (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Survivalism)

Running (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Running)

A Warm Place (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=A+Warm+Place)

Somewhat Damaged (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Somewhat+Damaged)

Wish (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Wish)

The Hand That Feeds (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=The+Hand+That+Feeds)

Head Like a Hole (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Head+Like+a+Hole)

Encore:
All the Love in the World (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=All+the+Love+in+the+World)

Even Deeper (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Even+Deeper)

While I'm Still Here (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=While+I%27m+Still+Here)

Black Noise (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Black+Noise)

Hurt (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nine-inch-nails-1bd6a5bc.html?song=Hurt)

Fixer808
11-22-2013, 02:22 AM
It was FUCKING great! I lost my shit when Somewhat Damaged came on.

Ryan
11-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Three US shows to go, then I see NIN and QOTSA together twice in March!

frantiqe
11-22-2013, 08:38 PM
My two vids from last night in Vancouver ;):

Somewhat Damaged
http://youtu.be/2Nh3Qa2hYAY

While I'm Still Here
http://youtu.be/S0mV-PjTNNU

Unreal show!

icecream
11-23-2013, 12:52 AM
My two vids from last night in Vancouver ;):

Somewhat Damaged
http://youtu.be/2Nh3Qa2hYAY

While I'm Still Here
http://youtu.be/S0mV-PjTNNU

Unreal show!
While I'm Still Here is a great song on the album but HOLY SHIT is it amazing live. Running also surprised me as a great live song. The amazing lights for that song was great too.

Kyle
11-23-2013, 12:54 AM
While I'm Still Here is a great song on the album but HOLY SHIT is it amazing live. Running also surprised me as a great live song. The amazing lights for that song was great too.

The awesomeness of Black Noise live was the biggest surprise of the show to me.

Krazy
11-23-2013, 01:25 AM
The awesomeness of Black Noise live was the biggest surprise of the show to me.

As far as the HM CD is concerned, it still sounds like the end of WISH. But live...

... Holy fucking shit, the way everything comes together after the sax. You get the classic NIN "noise". Ilan starts going ape shit on drums. The lighting "cubes" start forming into a dome. The back-up singers start howling and screaching. The lights get super bright and everything climaxes into one.

It fealt like a buzz saw going through my brain (that's a good thing). Really is one of the highlights of the show that goes into Hurt. TR and company did an incredible job turning this somehow into what it is.

icecream
11-23-2013, 01:40 AM
As far as the HM CD is concerned, it still sounds like the end of WISH. But live...

... Holy fucking shit, the way everything comes together after the sax. You get the classic NIN "noise". Ilan starts going ape shit on drums. The lighting "cubes" start forming into a dome. The back-up singers start howling and screaching. The lights get super bright and everything climaxes into one.

It fealt like a buzz saw going through my brain (that's a good thing). Really is one of the highlights of the show that goes into Hurt. TR and company did an incredible job turning this somehow into what it is.
That's a great way to describe it. I wish I could have gone to more more than one show to see it live again. Due to the amount of band members needed to play it, I doubt it will be played with any regularity once this tour is over. Unless Trent decides to make back up singers and the extra musician a fixture on future tours.

Iran_Ed
11-24-2013, 03:59 AM
If this has already been pointed out I'm sorry, but has anyone else noticed the Sunspots solo is being played at the end of Sanctified? You can hear it clearly in videos for the second Las Vegas night and in the Jimmy Kimmel performance.

http://youtu.be/l_MWBozyI2Y?t=11m3s

fragility3.1
11-24-2013, 01:20 PM
If this has already been pointed out I'm sorry, but has anyone else noticed the Sunspots solo is being played at the end of Sanctified? You can hear it clearly in videos for the second Las Vegas night and in the Jimmy Kimmel performance.

http://youtu.be/l_MWBozyI2Y?t=11m3s

I thought it was just me. After hearing the JK performance, I was shouting for Sunspots at LA and both nights in Vegas. One day.

clodhopper
11-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Definitely heard it in Seattle, too.

ManBurning
11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Holy shit, you're right! It's totally part of Sunspots! What the hell, I just attended 4 shows and heard this song live at all 4 of them and am only noticing it now from the recording, wow.

ManBurning
11-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Three US shows to go, then I see NIN and QOTSA together twice in March!

Well, now we're down to 2 more shows... but they aren't US shows, lol. Canadian shows.

Will Trent bust out anything special for the last show on tension 2013? Only time will tell...

Sandy Phimester
11-25-2013, 12:59 AM
What was the full setlist for tonight in Edmonton? Killer show.

We got The Day the World Went Away, which was a nice surprise. No CLOSER, but I was sorta expecting that (love the tune, but don't mind it being taken by something else)....

I'm at the show in Calgary tomorrow for the last stop of the tour, and I really hope to hear Sanctified and.... well... whatever, just play :)

BLACK NOISE.... woah. Seriously intense. That's pure awesomeness. I said it in the tour thread, but I think the stage show isn't as "wow" in some ways as lights in the sky, but wow.... music wise I think it's the best over all. super solid

ManBurning
11-25-2013, 01:03 AM
We got The Day the World Went Away

Go figure... saw 4 shows on this tour, and really wanted to hear this song or Into the void, and I got neither of them at all 4 shows, haha. Oh well.

Sandy Phimester
11-25-2013, 01:26 AM
It was pretty nice to see.... a lot of the shows I went to previous tours didn't have much in terms of lesser played tour songs, but some.... but this was nice !

simonn
11-25-2013, 01:36 AM

Electric whisk was always my thought.

Ryan
11-25-2013, 01:36 AM
What was the full setlist for tonight in Edmonton?

Yeah, anyone?

ManBurning
11-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Yeah, anyone?

It's up.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/rexall-place-edmonton-ab-canada-73c4ce85.html

Ryan
11-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Will Trent bust out anything special for the last show on tension 2013? Only time will tell...

Sanctified into Sunspots would be nice.

sick among the pure
11-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Re: Sanctified
That's a newer ending. For the festival shows (and early Tension I believe) Trent stuck with the Discipline "whoo-ho-ho-hooo" at the end. I think this is one of those songs that got better the more they fine-tuned it.

r_k_f
11-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Re: Sanctified
That's a newer ending. For the festival shows (and early Tension I believe) Trent stuck with the Discipline "whoo-ho-ho-hooo" at the end. I think this is one of those songs that got better the more they fine-tuned it. I like that little Sunspots nod in there.. wonder if it was Ally gettin' bored or if it was Trents call? And that wasn't in the Jimmy Kimmel performance, at least I don't think it was. gotta go re-listen.

r_k_f
11-25-2013, 10:29 AM
this is exciting..... "The festival tour was focused on aggression; this tour the focus, I would say, is the new album, deep-groove stuff. I think the next one is going to lean a bit more into electronics, and experiment with that a bit"-T.Reznor....... Bring on The Great Destroyer (with the Happiness in Slavery Breakdown), Vessel, The Warning & Me I'm Not... i'll also take a re-worked Ringfinger and Sin please and thank you..

Ryan
11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
this is exciting..... "The festival tour was focused on aggression; this tour the focus, I would say, is the new album, deep-groove stuff. I think the next one is going to lean a bit more into electronics, and experiment with that a bit"-T.Reznor

Where did he say that?

Kyle
11-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Where did he say that?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/nine-inch-nails-tension?s=mobile

ninlive
11-25-2013, 08:30 PM
A little disappointed that "I Would For You" was dropped completely from the set on the 2nd half of the tour. It may not fit the set as much as the other HM material, but it is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. Seeing it live put it on another level.

Just a random comment.

ManBurning
11-25-2013, 11:00 PM
A little disappointed that "I Would For You" was dropped completely from the set on the 2nd half of the tour. It may not fit the set as much as the other HM material, but it is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. Seeing it live put it on another level.

Just a random comment.

Nah, it's still there. Was played Nov 16th in Vegas and last night (Nov. 24) in Edmonton.

To be fair, the song wasn't exactly played on heavy rotation at the beginning of the tour either, it was only played 6 times.

Rexall Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada on November 24, 2013
The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA on November 16, 2013
The Moody Theater, Austin, TX, USA on November 4, 2013
BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL, USA on October 30, 2013
The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI, USA on October 7, 2013
Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN, USA on September 28, 2013

I could say the same thing about "Into The Void", it was played alot at the beginning of the tour and then just sort of drifted off the setlist on the second half. Which is unfortunate. It was one of the only songs I wanted to hear, and I thought it was a sure bet I would hear it at least at one of the four shows I saw, but nope. Wasn't played at any of the shows I went to.

The only other song I wanted to hear was TDTWWA, but I also never got that one. It was played on the off shows I never went to. Portland and Edmonton.

xolotl
11-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Man, finally listening to a recording of Sanctified with Pino on bass - that version fucking kills it (in the best possible way). Don't get me wrong, I loved the version with Josh as well, but this one (w/ the backup singers too) tears it up in a really great way. (Specifically the one in the Vegas video posted above.) Too awesome.

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-25-2013, 11:05 PM
2013 Sanctified squashes 1989 Sanctified like a grape. :p

ManBurning
11-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Somebody by the name of Glittery snowbells X has been mad tweeting throughout the whole NIN concert in Calgary tonight. They have been tweeting song titles all night. Obviously this is probably incomplete, but here's what we have from Calgary so far:

Copy of A
Reptile
MOTP
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
The Frail
The Wretched
Sanctified
The Big Come down
Survivalism
I'm Afraid of Americans
Only
THTF
HLAH
All The Love in The World
Even Deeper
While I'm Still here
Black Noise
Hurt

Looks like a pretty decent set if this is accurate.

EDIT 1: Aaaaand, I guess that's the end of Tension 2013. It will be missed. This was a wicked tour.

EDIT 2: Setlist.fm is in the process of being updated right now as I type... Looks like Various Methods of Escape and Wish were played as well...
And looks like Reptile took the place of Terrible Lie. I say that's a solid trade!

xolotl
11-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Aaaaand, I guess that's the end of Tension 2013. It will be missed. This was a wicked tour.

Amen to that. I don't think NIN's ever sounded better.

Ryan
11-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Only

Wow, what a rare and moving song to play at the last gig.

ManBurning
11-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Wow, what a rare and moving song to play at the last gig.

Haha, I guess the girl at the Vancouver show in the crowd that said to me it was too bad they never played any good songs from [With_Teeth] in Vancouver is sky high jealous right about now.

icecream
11-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Haha, I guess the girl at the Vancouver show in the crowd that said to me it was too bad they never played any good songs from [With_Teeth] in Vancouver is sky high jealous right about now.
It was nice not to have only in Van. SD/Wish/THTF/HLAH was much better. The flow would have been ruined if only had been in there imo

Kyle
11-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Meh. I like Only.

ManBurning
11-26-2013, 12:39 AM
It was nice not to have only in Van. SD/Wish/THTF/HLAH was much better. The flow would have been ruined if only had been in there imo

Yeah, i'm glad they left Only off for the majority of the tour. I could also do without Hurt closing the show, but i'm in the minority on that one. NIN fans go apeshit over that song. It's never really done anything for me. Find it kinda meh.

First Tension show I attended, I used Hurt to beat the crowd to the merch booth after the show. Worked like a charm. While everyone's Jaws we're dropped to the floor and cell phones high in the sky, I side-stepped my way through the crowd to blow my money on clothes. After I finished at the table there was a rushing stampeed of elephants running over after hurt. I made a good decision.

icecream
11-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Yeah, i'm glad they left Only off for the majority of the tour. I could also do without Hurt closing the show, but i'm in the minority on that one. NIN fans go apeshit over that song. It's never really done anything for me. Find it kinda meh.

First Tension show I attended, I used Hurt to beat the crowd to the merch booth after the show. Worked like a charm. While everyone's Jaws we're dropped to the floor and cell phones high in the sky, I side-stepped my way through the crowd to blow my money on clothes. After I finished at the table there was a rushing stampeed of elephants running over after hurt. I made a good decision.
I still enjoy Hurt in the setlist. But I agree about not having it close the show. While I'm Still Here/Black Noise would be a killer ending, it felt anticlimactic having Hurt end the concert.

ratzmoose
11-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Hey people at the Calgary show do you all realize we were all ripped off?????!

We never got the full light set up, I am so pissed off about that. We never had the LED cages all the other shows got, so basically we missed out on all the cool lighting effects, man I am cheesed that we had to pay full price for half the show everyone else got. We didn't even get an apology for it.... They sounded good though. Anyone know why we were missing half the stage show?

Nessus
11-26-2013, 01:07 AM
(Hrm, had to make a new account)

I apologise in advance if this has already been answered, I looked through the thread and couldn't find any mention of it,

but does anyone know why the LED/video screens were absent from the Calgary show?

I was really disappointed that they didn't use them for the show when they seem to have been used in every other video of the tour I can find.

The set list wasn't THAT different, they could have just not used them for any songs that didn't have accompanying videos.

Did the screens break? Or was the stage too small/the venue not right for it?

packetslave
11-26-2013, 01:10 AM
They didn't do the screens in Vegas either. I'm sure Trent didn't wake up this morning and think "you know what? screw those Calgary fans. put the screens back on the truck." Odds are the issue was either that the venue's rigging couldn't handle the weight or there weren't enough attach points or something along those lines.

icecream
11-26-2013, 01:10 AM
The Calgary show thread said the stage's weight didn't support it. I would be kinda upset too as it looked like the setlists was shorter than other shows

Folks on twitter are saying Calgary isn't getting the full arena show due to weight restrictions with the venue.

I'm guessing that means no three-screen effects a la Vegas? Kind of a bummer for it being the last show.

Edit: oops, I'm a moron for posting in a show thread I didn't attend. I know better, geez.

ratzmoose
11-26-2013, 01:12 AM
I just posted the same thing, wish Trent could of gave a quick explanation in the end. If i had to guess it could be the awkward roof of the saddledome (that scares some acts from coming to Calgary because it can only hold so much weight) or maybe an electrical issue to power it all due to the flood (but I doubt that is the case)... either way I felt ripped off.

Nessus
11-26-2013, 01:14 AM
*nods*

That makes sense. If the venue's stage/rigging sucks nothing he can do about it.

Guess I'll have to watch some bootlegs to get that experience. Any particularly good recordings on YouTube anyone know of?

ratzmoose
11-26-2013, 01:20 AM
*nods*That makes sense. If the venue's stage/rigging sucks nothing he can do about it.Guess I'll have to watch some bootlegs to get that experience. Any particularly good recordings on YouTube anyone know of?

To an extent it is ok, but he shouldn't be booking venues that can't support his show. Edmonton is a 2.5 to 3 hour drive from here I would of bought tickets to that show if I knew this was gonna happen.

ManBurning
11-26-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm sure Trent didn't wake up this morning and think "you know what? screw those Calgary fans. put the screens back on the truck." Odds are the issue was either that the venue's rigging couldn't handle the weight or there weren't enough attach points or something along those lines.

This here is the difference between Trent Reznor and Kayne West for you folks. If the venue wouldn't allow Kayne to bring the full setup, he'll make an excuse up and cancel the show. Trent on the other hand, the show must go on! Screens or not screens, we will improvise. He's the defination of a great musician that respects his fanbase.

I'm not sure how Kayne has any fans left, especially after cancelling the Vancouver show not once, but twice.

thelastdisciple
11-26-2013, 02:02 AM
I hate our lame ass toilet seat of an arena.

I wish Calgary would get a move on with giving us a new concert venue that isn't shaped like a fucking saddle so we don't miss out on either aspects of concerts like what happened with the NIN show or artists skipping out completely all the time it's really starting to get annoying.

Our Western Cowboy heritage hard on bullshit really gets on my nerves, I'd move elsewhere if i could afford to.

ManBurning
11-26-2013, 02:09 AM
I'd move elsewhere if i could afford to.

Vancouver, yo! We don't get snow.

thelastdisciple
11-26-2013, 02:11 AM
Vancouver, yo! We don't get snow.
Haha.

I have family out that way so it would certainly be in the cards eventually i think.

ManBurning
11-26-2013, 02:14 AM
Haha.

I have family out that way so it would certainly be in the cards eventually i think.

You guys did get the Terminus industrial festival though. That would be the day something as kick ass as that would pass through BC. Imperative Reaction cancelled their concert here over rain... Yes... Rain. They made it to Edmonton dispite below freezing temperatures, but decided driving to Van in the rain was more dangerous. :/

Sandy Phimester
11-26-2013, 04:17 AM
WELL...

The screens in Edmonton were amazing, but the show in Calgary tonight was just as good without them... dunno.... totally blown away tonight as well. I understand feeling a little let down by that, but hey.... the show was incredible regardless. I don't feel ripped off, even taking the fact that I was at the Edmonton show the night before... still feel like a fantastic show was put on. Got to meet at least two or three other ETS folks too at the front of the line up.

nooneimportant
11-26-2013, 04:40 AM
I wouldn't be too upset if I went and didn't get the screens. What NIN lacks with a full production, they more than make up for it with their lighting direction and music.

Standard NIN lighting is still better than alot of other concerts. Those hovering lights are awesome and make it look like they're on a spaceship during Copy of A. I don't even know what technology it is, it's like... laser LED screen lights or something. Maybe I or someone else should ask Rob on Twitter.

packetslave
11-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Standard NIN lighting is still better than alot of other concerts. Those hovering lights are awesome and make it look like they're on a spaceship during Copy of A. I don't even know what technology it is, it's like... laser LED screen lights or something. Maybe I or someone else should ask Rob on Twitter.

Here's the hardware for the hovering light grids: http://livedesignonline.com/news/ldi-new-product-ayrton-magicpanel-602

along with an article about the overall show design: http://livedesignonline.com/nine-inch-nails-tension-tour/world-hurt-nine-inch-nails-tension-tour-part-1

http://livedesignonline.com/site-files/livedesignonline.com/files/imagecache/large_img/uploads/2013/11/ayrton595.jpg

Joy Prevention Hotline
11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't be too upset if I went and didn't get the screens. What NIN lacks with a full production, they more than make up for it with their lighting direction and music.

Yeah, I really love those lights. Never seen anything like it.

NIN lighting in general is more like something from a dystopian sci-fi film than typical concert lighting, and it's fully integrated with the music.