PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

onthewall2983
12-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Not following WWE as much as I should, since...well...I'M GOING TO BE IN MIAMI APRIL FOOL'S DAY :D Brother got tix for my birthday. Super stoked about it all, especially just being in Florida after what might be another real suck-ass Indiana winter.

Space Suicide
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I watched older videos from 95 and 96 via youtube and watched some old Goldust vignettes and matches. He was a creepy, disturbing motherfucker. I always thought he was a retarded, lame joke. Guess they chose to do that to his character later on down the line.

Evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1hK-oxxiE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwCbfjK0MJM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UcXlPKWNYY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuGHCDvMp0&feature=related

thevoid99
12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
I liked Goldust. He was funny and definitely a very different character. In fact, they're going to build up a feud with him and his younger brother Cody Rhodes for one last big run for Goldust.

Space Suicide
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I liked Goldust. He was funny and definitely a very different character. In fact, they're going to build up a feud with him and his younger brother Cody Rhodes for one last big run for Goldust.

I'd definitely enjoy that. I'd watch that and enjoy it, top notch. As said, I never liked Goldust as a serious character. After those retro clips I watched last night from his initial debut and ensuing years (till about late 1996) he was quite a deliciously odd, bizarre and overall charismatic gimmick afterall. The vignette videos were strange and downright creepy feeling to me. I enjoy that. I've always enjoyed the strange and personas as such. I wish Wrestling was still like that.

I don't watch much RAW or SmackDown! these days for good reason but the reemergence of a masked Kane makes me excited and relive my childhood. He's always been my favorite wrestler. If the feud with Goldust and Cody Rhodes does happen that'll give me further reason to watch.

zombielynx21
12-31-2011, 10:41 AM
WWE has been surprisingly good this year. I mean, sure they still make very questionable decisions when it comes to their booking, but overall things have been going really well.

thevoid99
12-31-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm mixed about WWE's content though I'm happy that guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Zack Ryder are finally given the chance to shine as champs. Plus, I like guys like Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler who I think are great heels. They really need to stop trying to make Cena turn heel though I still don't like the guy. And they really need to shut Michael Cole up. BTW, does anyone thing that 1/2/12 is about Y2J?

Kid Charlemagne
12-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe Lesnar is coming back, hence the retirement.

Loved this year for the WWE though, first time I've been invested in them fully since 2002. They really struck gold on CM Punk though. The guy is a fantastic wrestler, he can do interviews, and on the mic, nobody is better. He's going to be the face of the franchise for many years to come.

Fixer808
12-31-2011, 03:47 PM
jake the snaaaaaaaaaaaake!

poinoup
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
So Jericho was spotted in either Memphis (where Raw is tonight) or Nashville, one of the two. He's been working people on Twitter left, right, and center saying he's going to be in Hawaii.

Poor WWE, they just can't keep anything under wraps anymore. It's like when both Nash and Booker were spotted before the Rumble this year in the airport where the Rumble was...

theburningreptile
01-02-2012, 06:21 PM
So Jericho was spotted in either Memphis (where Raw is tonight) or Nashville, one of the two. He's been working people on Twitter left, right, and center saying he's going to be in Hawaii.

Poor WWE, they just can't keep anything under wraps anymore. It's like when both Nash and Booker were spotted before the Rumble this year in the airport where the Rumble was...

I was hoping it was going to be Undertaker, but I can deal with Jericho. :D

cicatriz
01-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Next week, Jericho turns on the fans. I was expecting him to frown when they had the close up of his face when he was at the top of the ramp, and kind of wave off the fans in a dismissive manner.

I gotta say though... the videos were excellent, but this was far from his best return. I think it did what it was supposed to do, which was to showcase how fucking arrogant he is. Punk is the #1 face, that's not changing (John Cena totally doesn't count).

I heard that Undertaker and Miss Taker were spotted in Memphis as well, but I didn't see photographic evidence for that like I did with Jericho.

thevoid99
01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
It started off great and then... ... ... exactly. That was terrible. I was happy to see Jericho and he didn't really do anything except get the crowd excited (which he is still great at) but didn't say anything. I wanted more.

Raw sucked tonight. Punk is being screwed by Laryingitis and we're going to have another stupid match. The only saving grace was R-Truth being crazy as usual.

cicatriz
01-02-2012, 11:53 PM
That's the point. It's supposed to piss you off and make you want more at the same time. He's trolling you. He does that shit every day on his Twitter. Not surprising in the Twitter centric universe of WWE 2012 that Jericho would be the biggest troll in the company. That whole thing was ego masturbation at it's peak and the crowd ate it up, just like they were SUPPOSED to do.

This gimmick, man... it's got potential. I like it. Master manipulator, Jericho is. I look forward to next week.

poinoup
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I thought for sure he was going to turn on the fans last night. Epic troll Jericho could have legs. But damn, did it look like he was having a blast with it last night. And I marked out a little hearing "Come on bay-bee!" again. I just hope the videos get some sort of explanation, like who's the "she" in them. Steph coming back to TV soon?

Also, it turns out the picture of Taker and McCool in Memphis was an old picture. A few weeks back HHH said he ended the streak at Wrestlemania, which is building to HHH/Taker III this year. Taker/Shawn these matches aren't, last year it was do a move and lay there for five minutes...lather, rinse, repeat.

thevoid99
01-03-2012, 01:51 PM
After thinking about it. I think Jericho is going back to that heel persona he previously played. It was a good trick. Still, I like him as a heel. I'm just hoping they do a great build-up for a match between him and CM Punk.

onthewall2983
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B0rBM.gif

thevoid99
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I saw that little video clip. Jericho is still awesome. I hope you he does more ".... you idiot!"

Sporadic
01-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Anybody watch Ring Of Honor? They put their TV show online for free now.

poinoup
01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I used to be into ROH a lot back around 05-07. I've only read news sites for their results since. I may have to check it out again now that the show is online.

Nice to see Haas and Benjamin back together again, there's a tag team that the WWE really fucked up on.

And are they really doing unprotected chair shots to the head there? Have they learned NOTHING? Get your hands up.

Sporadic
01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
It depends on the wrestler. Most put their hands up or do back chairshots but guys like the Briscoes refuse to do it. At the last iPPV, Nigel (who's doing color commentary now) was screaming at them to put their hands up and sounded pissed when the unprotected chairshots kept on coming.

thevoid99
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
What the fuck was that? This was the debut of Brodus Clay they had hyped up? WTF? Is it me or is everyone having flashbacks of Flash Funk (2 Cold Scorpio) and PN News (remember him?)?

Warped_Savant
01-10-2012, 07:56 PM
The Godfather (http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/g/godfather.html), part 2?

poinoup
01-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Gotta throw a little Dusty Rhodes in there too. I guess Vinny Mac still loves him the dancing fat man, seeing as Rikishi is far too old now. But I did chuckle at his "My Bad". I also find it very sad that I knew that was Ernest "The Cat" Millers old entrance theme when it started up.

And Johnny Ace is slowly growing on me. His "I'm not Little Jimmy, I'm Big Johnny" line was awesome.

Sporadic
01-11-2012, 12:36 PM
It's Akeem The African Dream all over again.

Tiz
01-14-2012, 08:16 AM
I hear Punk/Jericho are headlining 'Mania.

thevoid99
01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I hear Punk/Jericho are headlining 'Mania.

It's probably going to happen if they don't screw up the build up. It needs to happen. It would be the ultimate wrestling match in comparison to the more entertaining Rock vs. John Cena match.

Piko
01-29-2012, 10:12 PM
I thought it would be Jericho, but I dunno... And I did watch the rumble. The rumble itself was pretty entertaining up until the ending. Kofi might have surpassed Michaels with his survival techniques. A handstand... It was just me in my bed watching it, and I had to give that one an applause. It was great. A few legends too. Some fun and funny surprises. But the end was kinda whatever. I'm kinda biased though.

onthewall2983
01-29-2012, 10:15 PM
I was hoping it'd be Jericho too, or at least that he'd be given time to explain his "end of the world" stuff. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

Kid Charlemagne
01-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Y2J winning would have been too obvious, hence the Sheamus win. Maybe he'll battle Jericho at the next PPV to see who will be the number one contender. It was pretty weak though, too many gimmicky wrestlers. The announcers, Road Dogg, Hacksaw, Santino, Foley. It was meh.

Piko
01-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Maybe that's why I kinda liked it. It was very gimmicky. Something you don't see much these days. Plus, it was he 25th anniversary. So hacksaw being in it made a lot of sense. The announcers, I actually found that pretty funny. I enjoyed the ppv a bit more than I was originally expecting.

Space Suicide
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
I felt nostalgic and went to my shelf of 2003 PPV DVDs and damn, I wish wrestling was as good as it was then. That was the last year it was very top notch. After Royal Rumble 2004 it's been going downhill ever since.

Watching them made me relive good moments when I was a younger fan, including:

Unmasking and subsequent Rampages of Kane and Bischoff, RVD, JR, Linda and Shane Saga
Stone Cold Steve Austin Co-GM Shenanigans
GOLDBERG
The Rock during the earlier part of the year
Brock Lesnar
Vince vs Hulk Hogan
Good PPV Cards and promos
Wrestlemania XIX
La Resistance
Test, Scott Steiner and Stacy Keibler garbage
Stephanie McMahon
John Cena when he was actually cool/good/heel

and most importantly,

Evolution (fuck yeah!)

thevoid99
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I watched the history of Starrcade last night and man, it was more fun to be a pro wrestling fan back then. The cage matches were much more brutal. The actual wrestling was more fun to watch. Today's wrestling... wait... sports entertainment sucks!

Space Suicide
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I watched the history of Starrcade last night and man, it was more fun to be a pro wrestling fan back then. The cage matches were much more brutal. The actual wrestling was more fun to watch. Today's wrestling... wait... sports entertainment sucks!

I remember that WCW had a triple steel cage match before. One cage ontop of the other ontop of the other. That was awesome.

thevoid99
03-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I remember that WCW had a triple steel cage match before. One cage ontop of the other ontop of the other. That was awesome.

They did that on a 2000 PPV for a triple threat between DDP, Jeff Jarrett, and.... why? David Arquette. Great idea but the overall match sucked. Not to mention that it featured a sick bump from Chris Kanyon that made people uncomfortable since the show was at the same venue where Owen Hart died a year ago.

onthewall2983
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Turns out I won't be going. Meh.

thevoid99
03-15-2012, 10:37 PM
It's been confirmed. A Divas tag-match between Eve & Beth Phoenix vs. Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos of <i>Extra</i> and <i>Dancing with the Stars</i>?

Oh boy.

onthewall2983
03-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Perfect opportunity for 50,000-odd males to take a piss break.

thevoid99
03-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Perfect opportunity for 50,000-odd males to take a piss break.

Unless there's a wardrobe malfunction. Hopefully from Maria Menounos!

Space Suicide
03-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I hate the occasional odd match ups of Divas thrown into Wrestlemania events that hold no true meaning. The only ones worth anything were the Women's Championship at XIX and the Evening Gown match at XX.

Piko
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Did they seriously just drop some F bombs on each other there? Good stuff. I don't normally care for Cena, but he's been working his ass off, building up this match. I'm excited for Sunday. Whole ppv will be good (mostly), but it's easily going to be overshadowed by this one match.

thevoid99
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
The matches I want to see are Rock/Cena, Punk/Jericho, and Hell in a Cell. The rest I really don't care for.

Piko
03-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Main two I could really care less about are the divas and the GM stuff. Personally, I'd be fine if they both disappeared.

Conan The Barbarian
03-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Ill be at wrestlemania :)

Space Suicide
03-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Ill be at wrestlemania :)

Oddly for the first time since XIX I do too. HHH vs Taker at Hell in a Cell will be the show stopper. Hopefully dipshit will lose to the Rock as well.

I'm a Kane fan so Kane and Orton would be a fun watch, though I'm sure Kane would lose...like always.

Conan The Barbarian
03-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Dude if you want meet up and have a few beers let me know.

Piko
03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Think Cena is going to win... Rock is probably "passing the torch". Match will be nothing short of amazing. And for first time in years, Cena doesn't annoy me. He probably will again after WM though. Taker/Triple H will certainly be a huge one, also.

BlueCalx
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Seems like most people are using this as a nostalgia thread, and I'm hardly one to break the mould. I watched wrestling religiously in between '97 and 2000, when I was occupying that odd part of adolescence wherein one tries to figure out if one is gay, straight, or miscellaneous. Turns out I'm mostly straight, but wrestling offered lots of hot men and hot women wearing barely anything at all to help me decide which sorts of bodies got me all revved up. I'm amazed by how many storylines I remember from those days, and how much attitude I jacked wholesale from it. I still channel a lot of Shawn Michaels' swag when I'm trying to act awesome and impressive.

Also, who could forget:

DX dressed as the Nation of Domination, featuring Trips as "The Crock"?
The god-awful Katy Vick thing?
Mike Tyson ref'ing Wrestlemania 14?
The Montreal Screwjob?
Terri Runnels, Stacy Kiebler, Sable, Torrie Wilson, Trish Stratus, etc.?

thevoid99
03-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Ah... those were the good ol' days. The Attitude Era. A period that will never be replicated. Plus, who would've thought that Mick Foley's This is Your Life segment for the Rock would have an 8.0 rating at that time. These days, WWE can only have a 3.0 rating these days.

Conan The Barbarian
03-28-2012, 10:10 PM
I will never forget the rock asking,

"Do you like...pancakes?"

One of my favorite Rock moments was when he was heel and he went into the "if you smell what the Rock is cooking" the crowd went along with him. He stopped in the middle yelling," woah, woah, this isnt sing along with the Rock!"

funny shit.

I think what the wwe needs is a good writer and talent that can back up the written material. CM punk is good at it, and he has a great future in it. Its just hard to to keep people interested when the amount of wrestlers people want to see is three. I still watch because I have been into this since the 80's. and TNA is just god awful.

onthewall2983
03-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I didn't care much for the Attitude era, a lot of it was too raunchy for my tastes. Or at least when it comes to pro wrestling at least. Call me sensitive, but I was worried (even as a teenager myself then) about how that kind of stuff (particularly the homophobic, sexist, racist and parts of it all) was affecting the behaviors of young children at the time. And the bottom line for me is that it was WWE stealing ECW's act wholesale. And it gave Vince Russo his legacy. That alone is unforgivable.

However, I can't deny it did produce a lot of high points in the company's history. Great matches, hot crowds and just really good television at times. Austin and Rock were absolutely the right people at the right time and deserved every bit of the spots they maintained during that time. The Austin/McMahon feud was a truly epic angle, and Rock always put asses in seats with promos and almost always delivered on that promise.

The benefit of hindsight has allowed me to see it in both lights, but I'm sad that WCW ended up being the major casualty of the Monday Night War. For all the mind-blowingly dumb decisions and money-marking that went on there, their role in what I consider to be the third golden age of wrestling cannot be over-emphasized. Nitro threw down the gauntlet and was the fly in the ointment WWE needed in the mid-90's to get competitive again. The Mexican and Japanese talent, the NWO, and Goldberg all heightened the company to a level that would probably be sustained to this day, if not for the aforementioned reasons for it's eventual demise.

Vertigo
03-28-2012, 11:48 PM
I think what the wwe needs is a good writer and talent that can back up the written material. CM punk is good at it, and he has a great future in it. Its just hard to to keep people interested when the amount of wrestlers people want to see is three.

I think what would be more important is allowing the wrestlers (and please WWE, they are wrestlers - it sounds like marketing bullshit every time someone says "superstars") the freedom to come up with their own speeches and contribute suggestions to their own storylines - a "bulletpoint" writing style. This was how people got over in WWE during the attitude era, and resulted in moments like the heel Rock's crowd interruption that you mentioned. Their current methods aren't working - events are still driven by wrestlers who were at their peak over a decade ago.

But WWE has to have absolute control over everything, and at this point I think this is a permanently ingrained corporate culture. When Vince is no longer in charge, the company will be run by notorious control freak Kevin Dunn, perennial yes-man Johnny Ace, and the Levesques (of whom Stephanie has been heading up the god-awful creative since WWE's monopoly and subsequent downturn, and Triple H is still a bit of a question mark in my opinion).
As far as I'm concerned, the best thing that could happen to wrestling is another WCW-style scenario in which a filthy rich wrestling enthusiast (and one who has a clue, no effence Dixie Carter...) launches a truly competitive product. This should become increasingly likely as the generation who grew up on the monday night wars and ECW come of age. While we can pick apart the myriad individual problems afflicting WWE, what it all boils down to is the complacency that arises from essentially running a monopoly.

BlueCalx
03-29-2012, 07:05 AM
I didn't care much for the Attitude era, a lot of it was too raunchy for my tastes. Or at least when it comes to pro wrestling at least. Call me sensitive, but I was worried (even as a teenager myself then) about how that kind of stuff (particularly the homophobic, sexist, racist and parts of it all) was affecting the behaviors of young children at the time. And the bottom line for me is that it was WWE stealing ECW's act wholesale. And it gave Vince Russo his legacy. That alone is unforgivable.

However, I can't deny it did produce a lot of high points in the company's history. Great matches, hot crowds and just really good television at times. Austin and Rock were absolutely the right people at the right time and deserved every bit of the spots they maintained during that time. The Austin/McMahon feud was a truly epic angle, and Rock always put asses in seats with promos and almost always delivered on that promise.

The benefit of hindsight has allowed me to see it in both lights, but I'm sad that WCW ended up being the major casualty of the Monday Night War. For all the mind-blowingly dumb decisions and money-marking that went on there, their role in what I consider to be the third golden age of wrestling cannot be over-emphasized. Nitro threw down the gauntlet and was the fly in the ointment WWE needed in the mid-90's to get competitive again. The Mexican and Japanese talent, the NWO, and Goldberg all heightened the company to a level that would probably be sustained to this day, if not for the aforementioned reasons for it's eventual demise.

Couldn't agree more. I remember the Attitude era fondly, but it produced, on average, more misses than hits, and it gave rise to a lot of awful programming decisions, chief among them allowing the whole McMahon family to take up hours and hours of precious screen time. I haven't watched WWE product in years, so I have no idea if they've become better about that or not, but Vince's cheap suits, his kiss-my-ass club, and his charisma black hole of a son were all big factors in my decision to tune out. The racism, sexism, and homophobia were even bigger turnoffs in retrospect, but not quite as apparent to me when I was twelve years old.

Do you remember watching WCW in its last ten months or so, when it was apparent that they'd lost the plot completely? Terrible, fascinating stuff. I can't believe, in retrospect, that some of that was even allowed on the air. Some day, some scholar is going to get access to all those tapes and write a mind-bending media studies thesis.

Piko
03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I will never forget the rock asking,

"Do you like...pancakes?"

One of my favorite Rock moments was when he was heel and he went into the "if you smell what the Rock is cooking" the crowd went along with him. He stopped in the middle yelling," woah, woah, this isnt sing along with the Rock!"

funny shit.

I think what the wwe needs is a good writer and talent that can back up the written material. CM punk is good at it, and he has a great future in it. Its just hard to to keep people interested when the amount of wrestlers people want to see is three. I still watch because I have been into this since the 80's. and TNA is just god awful.

They have PLENTY of talent. Some, I think, they have absolutely zero clue on what to do with them. So they don't "get over", and eventually head over to TNA. I think they're fools for letting Kennedy/Anderson leave. The guy was a monster on the mic. I can think of many other more wasted talents. And while they release the promising ones, they still continue to market Cena, who looks marketable, but isn't over with the fans.

What made the attitude era so much better was the fact that they weren't afraid to take chances. Some of it worked, some didn't, and some was either ridiculous or too much. But they threw out their self-limitations, and for the most part, succeeded from it.

Sporadic
03-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Reminder, tonight is the last night you can purchase both nights of Ring Of Honor's iPPV for $20

The Kevin Steen/El Generico Last Man Standing match on night 1 should be worth the price of admission alone.

Ring of Honor is offering 2 live shows called: Showdown in the Sun from the famous War Memorial Auditorium in Ft Lauderdale FL. The shows will be offered on Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31. Enjoy both shows for 1 low price.

Night 1 - 8 PM EST

ROH World Championship Triple Threat Match
ROH World Champion Davey Richards defends against "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini

The ICON vs The PRODIGY
Lance Storm vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

ROH World TV Championship Match
World TV Champion Jay Lethal defends against Kyle O'Reilly

LA REVANCHA!!
"Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen vs El Generico

Dual Duel Night #1
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

Proving Ground Match
ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste)

Tag Team Rematch
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Night 2 - 1 PM EST

Blind Destiny - One of these matches will be for the ROH World Championship

ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal vs Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini
"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen
Current ROH World Champion Davey Richards vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

ROH World Tag Team Championship Match
The Briscoes defend against Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

Dual Duel Night #2
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

Former Partners Collide
Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole

Special Attraction : Chikara vs Ring of Honor
"Technical Lightning" TJ Perkins vs Chikara's Fire Ant

Scheduled to Appear:
- "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa w/ The Embassy Ltd.
- Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman
- "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
- More wrestlers to be announced soon!

http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor__Showdown_in_the_Sun_BOTH_DAYS/1333

And Dragon Gate USA is also running a iPPV but their's is only $1.99 (although you only get the live stream, no watching later like you get with the RoH GoFightTV stream)

Either one should compliment (or most likely be much better than) Wrestlemania

Main Event #1 – Open The United Gate Title Match
CIMA & Ricochet defend vs. Chuck Taylor & Rich Swann

Main Event #2 – First Time Ever Dream Match
Low Ki vs. PAC

Main Event #3
Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa

Special Challenge Match
Masato Yoshino vs. Rich Swann

Stable Shootout Match #1 - Street Fight
Sabu & Jon Davis vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

Stable Shootout Match #2 - Fox Picks Callihan's Opponent
Sami Callihan vs. BxB Hulk

Stable Shootout Match #3 - Callihan Picks Fox's Opponent
AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-3-30-12.html

twilight explosion
03-30-2012, 04:06 AM
probably gonna be able to meet Jerry Lawler and DDP next weekend at this anime convention. they're gonna be at a convention that's at the same place so I guess since Kaiju Big Battel is gonna be there they decided to do some kind of crossover thing. either way, getting to meet the king and ddp is gonna be awesome!

Mafu
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Stone cold

onthewall2983
03-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Do you remember watching WCW in its last ten months or so, when it was apparent that they'd lost the plot completely? Terrible, fascinating stuff. I can't believe, in retrospect, that some of that was even allowed on the air. Some day, some scholar is going to get access to all those tapes and write a mind-bending media studies thesis.

I remember going to a Nitro taping in January 2001, a few months before it closed. Someone in the stands called Flair a faggot. I can't help but think the kind of Hell that person would have unleashed if they said it in Greensboro in the 80's. The only other thing memorable about that show was actually leaving it. We left during a match with Haku. Fast-forward to that Sunday, and he comes in late in that year's Royal Rumble match. Nothing of big note, but we thought it was quite funny.

The Turner networks were fully taken over by AOL Time Warner, and the big reason why they got away with running so much shoddy programming is that the company was probably not as enthusiastic about taking on a wrestling company. Rather than pulling the plug, they just let it fail on it's own accord until they had enough and sold everything off. And Ted Turner, who saved nearly everybody's jobs at Jim Crockett Promotions by buying them out, was already out the door himself.

Piko
03-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, TW didn't hold back when it came to the subject of wrestling. They wanted it gone from the start. And the company eventually withering away until it's inevitable desmise. The product became real bland towards the end. The writing was bad, everything was bad. They ended up getting dominated by WWF. The lack of support from time warner was probably a definite factor though.

thevoid99
03-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, TW didn't hold back when it came to the subject of wrestling. They wanted it gone from the start. And the company eventually withering away until it's inevitable desmise. The product became real bland towards the end. The writing was bad, everything was bad. They ended up getting dominated by WWF. The lack of support from time warner was probably a definite factor though.

And Eric Bischoff did try to buy it with a group of investors while ensuring a TV deal with Time Warner or Fox. Yet, when Jamie Kellner pulled the plug on WCW. Bischoff backed out because WCW wouldn't be worth anything if there was no outlet for the organization on TV. I liked WCW but started to sour on it in 1999. Then when David Arquette won the belt, that was it for me. I enjoyed watching WWE and WCW at that time. That was a fun time to be a wrestling fan.

Piko
04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
After the NWO, I don't think they knew where else to go. On a side-note, what time is wrestlemania? Started at 5 (cst) last year, I think. Ended up missing some of it.

Piko
04-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Great wrestlemania! Taker/Triple H, easily, match of the night.

Space Suicide
04-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Great wrestlemania! Taker/Triple H, easily, match of the night.

Well, was there any doubt in that?

Piko
04-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Well, was there any doubt in that?

Between that and Rock/Cena, yeah.

Fifey
04-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Bryan Danielson, your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION and one of the best workers in the company, facing the ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER is the CURTAIN JERKER? seriously? and then to have the match be 18 seconds? Absolutely ridiculous.

thevoid99
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm not happy about that match either. What the fuck?! With the exception of Punk/Jericho, HHH/Undertaker, and Rock/Cena, that was a pretty lackluster Wrestlemania.

Piko
04-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, Daniel Bryan jobbing in 18 seconds was pretty bad... not a fan. But that was terrible. Either he did something to piss someone off, or they did that to make time for the other matches. I didn't even watch the tag match.

Tums206_BFY
04-02-2012, 03:33 AM
I didn't think WM was great it was pretty lackluster to me with the one exception being the Undertaker vs. HHH which was great. Y2J and Punk could have been so much better and the same could be said about ROCK/Cena because that didn't live up to the whole year of hype we had to endure. But those were the 3 best matches.

BTW the reason Daniel Bryan lost the title in 18 seconds (according to various rumors), and man are you guys gonna love this, was because they wanted to break the previous WM record for fastest match which was some Chavo/Someone else I can't remember who else match a while ago. Well even the geniuses at WWE managed to fuck that up because the record was 8 secs and the DB/Sheamus match was 18 seconds. What a waste. Overall I would probably give a C- at best D+ at worst for this show. Really kinda of a let down for what is suppose to be the Superbowl of wrestling. But Taker/HHH/HBK were great no doubt about that!

Kid Charlemagne
04-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I thought it sucked. Royal Rumble sucked and so did this. Daniel Bryan is one of the best in the WWE and not only do they make his match (with the fucking Royal Rumble winner) first, it's over in 18 seconds and it could have been one of the better matches from the PPV and they make it a squash. Then they make Taker/HHH too early in the card and that happened to be the best match of the evening. Punk/Jericho was okay, though I think Y2J is past his prime, this match would've been great five years ago, but Jericho isn't the same wrestler he was back then and the match suffered because of it. I will admit Punk with the chair while Jericho yelled "hit me" and shouting out things about Punk's family was funny and very Ric Flair-esque. Rock/Cena was just plain awful. The stupid music before introducing both wrestlers and the bullshit Cena-people's Elbow ending was clown shoes. Not to mention Cena can't wrestle, he's a brawler and a showman. This piece of crap should've been early in the card. Just lazy all around for the WWE, who after doing great jobs with matches and storylines have fallen flat with each PPV this year.

Fifey
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
That would be Chavo Guerrero vs. Kane for the ECW Championship in 2008, holding the record for shortest Mania match ever.

You'd think they could cut some of the crap back stage and let the focus be on *wrestling* at WRESTLEmania.

Rumor is Brock Lesnar signed a one year contract and may appear on Raw tonight.

Kid Charlemagne
04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Heard that rumor about Lesnar as well. Casey (or Cicatriz on these boards) told me Lesnar and Batista were backstage last night. Looking forward to the fallout.

Piko
04-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Lesnar would be a huge surprise considering he's still under contract with UFC. I remember reading that Dana White wouldn't let him go anywhere else while still under contract. Maybe they worked something out. And has he gotten his health under control?

Space Suicide
04-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Brock Lesnar would be a nice fresh breath of air. His last folly in the WWE at Wrestlemania XX and his loss to Goldberg and further no show follow up after on SmackDown! was lame and a let down. I know he wanted to pursue his short-lived Minnesota Vikings career but he should've stuck with WWE for a bit longer before going to UFC. Just my opinion.

Space Suicide
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Vicki Guerrero needs to get lost. Tired of her and her being the manager/valet for Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger isn't doing anything for anyone.

New wrestler: Lord Tensai

Hahahahah wow.

Hello A-Train, welcome back.

Kid Charlemagne
04-02-2012, 08:48 PM
LOL at Prince Albert being back in the WWE.

Piko
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I lol'd. I think everyone in the crowd knew who he was also. And the rumors were spot on about lesnar. I liked the "we want lesnar" chants and how Cena only continued to sob. I hope lesnar destroys him.

thevoid99
04-02-2012, 10:34 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Daniel Bryan is so over with the crowd. The Miami crowd was great. Cheering for the Rock, Punk, Jericho, A-Train!, Santino, Zack Ryder, and BROCK LESNAR!!! I was like "fuck Cena up!" and he did. That was a damn good Raw!

Kid Charlemagne
04-02-2012, 10:43 PM
So tonight we got a damn fine show a night after we got one of the worst Mania's in recent memory. Funny how that works. Good to see Daniel Bryan is still in the mix. Loved Rock's segment at the beginning. But as disappointing as that Jericho/Punk match was, Y2J coming out and and antagonizing Punk again was awesome and classic, we can only hope this leads to a better rematch at Extreme Rules considering both Punk/Y2J have delivered awesome segments towards each other but failed to deliver the match. Lesnar is awesome, him F5ing Cena was badass and it should lead to a decent match if we're lucky. Let's just hope they don't fuck up Lesnar by putting him against Sheamus at some point. Speaking of which, fuck Sheamus and Del Rio, worst segment of the night and it's going to lead to a worse match down the line.

Piko
04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah, fuck Sheamus. He's not terrible or anything, but I'm certainly bored of him. And I'll admit that I didn't care about his match. But, I was still shocked that they squashed Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds. Sucks to be him right now...

thevoid99
04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't have anything against Sheamus either. I like the guy. I think he's a pretty good performer. Pretty likeable. The way he was chosen to win like that didn't make him look good. I was hoping for something more. Instead, he gets the Miami crowd hating him. It's bad for him but for Daniel Bryan, it's another door opening for him where he could be a face for the company based on that crowd reaction.

onthewall2983
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I love how people are equating Brock's return as a return to the Attitude era, when he was barely even part of it.

Piko
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Always figured Lesnar came along after the attitude era.

Conan The Barbarian
04-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I think the fans want Cena to go heel. I mean we all hate him, and his whiny speech made me hate him even more. just turn him heel.

Piko
04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
As long as all the kids are buying his merchandise, it probably won't happen. If he went heel, he would be so much better. His smug attitude against the rock was great. He fed off the naysayers. He's very capable of being a heel. But they're going according to their stocks.

xfocalinx
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Plus, Cena creates a good image for WWE w/ all the make a wish stuff, if he turns heel, think of all the publicity WWE would lose.

onthewall2983
04-03-2012, 06:23 PM
John, love him or hate him, is the best pure babyface they've had since Hogan. And he had his detractors too. I think the only way a heel turn will happen is if someone can eclipse his charisma, drawing ability, and public profile. Orton's now stuck in this go-nowhere feud with Kane, so he's turning into less of a possibility. Punk has a better chance, since he has the first of those three attributes in spades, and is getting closer on the other two.

Piko
04-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Eh... maybe I just don't get it. He's got the marketable look to him, but other than that, I don't see much. Hogan worked in the 80s and then became nostalgic. The 80s were a very different time. These days, the consumer base have zero problem voicing their opinions. If Hogan were to have debuted ten years ago, no one would care. Same with all of the guys from that time.

Cena's stale and tough to watch. But I'll agree that when it comes to.sponsored programs, he's obviously the best choice since he is their guy.

onthewall2983
04-03-2012, 10:45 PM
What WWE is struggling with, is getting away from their past. Which is funny if you consider in the mid-90's, they did a lot to devalue some of their top performers. Randy Savage being the prime example, sticking him in the broadcast booth and not using him as fully as they could have. The last 3-4 WrestleMania's were headlined or heavily focused on past top stars. Cena is stuck in the middle of that, and as a result it's fun for part of the audience to see him get verbally beat down by the Rock or destroyed by Lesnar. I personally think the "Cena Sucks" crowd just wants him to drink beer and swear more often.

But I half-agree with what you're saying. In a very broad sense, the wrestling of yesteryear probably would not survive in such a television culture as we're seeing now. Look at Ring Of Honor, a company that prides itself in more traditional wrestling and presented the talent more as athletes than as entertainers. Their TV deal with HDNet is gone, and the last I heard they went with a rather second-rate syndicator. So in that sense, you're right.

onthewall2983
04-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Bumping this because there are several good WWE Videos on Netflix's streaming service. Documentaries on Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, the Von Erich's, NWA/WCW, and the AWA and more.

Piko
04-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Bumping this because there are several good WWE Videos on Netflix's streaming service. Documentaries on Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, the Von Erich's, NWA/WCW, and the AWA and more.

The Piper one was pretty cool. Halfway through the undertaker one. Three parts, two and a half hours each. I watch in segments.

onthewall2983
04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
And the wealth of stuff on YouTube is staggering. Dig deep and you'll see what I mean.

Space Suicide
04-08-2012, 11:21 PM
And the wealth of stuff on YouTube is staggering. Dig deep and you'll see what I mean.

LOTS of old matches, promos, vignettes, interviews and commercials of time long since past. I'm subscribed to 3 of the best vintage channels - ones dedicated to Goldust, Kane and the Undertaker.

Kid Charlemagne
04-08-2012, 11:32 PM
The best thing WCW ever did was turn Hogan heel, and I think if the WWE did that with Cena, we'd get a similar situation and it would be a shit ton more interesting. I think most fans are glad to hate Cena just for the fuck of it, when you have a guy like CM Punk to root for, it makes it easier. Daniel Bryan turning face would be great to see as well and I hope they take advantage of it. Money talks though and unfortunately until someone can surpass Cena in popularity, he's going to be a face until all the kids who are fans grow up.

Space Suicide
04-08-2012, 11:38 PM
The best thing WCW ever did was turn Hogan heel, and I think if the WWE did that with Cena, we'd get a similar situation and it would be a shit ton more interesting. I think most fans are glad to hate Cena just for the fuck of it, when you have a guy like CM Punk to root for, it makes it easier. Daniel Bryan turning face would be great to see as well and I hope they take advantage of it. Money talks though and unfortunately until someone can surpass Cena in popularity, he's going to be a face until all the kids who are fans grow up.

I never fully understood how and why he became a kid favorite. His original, best and first big gimmick as the snide, disrespectful, dickish battle rapper wasn't really kid friendly at all. I know he became face beating JBL at WM 23 but still.

Kid Charlemagne
04-08-2012, 11:41 PM
I have no idea either, but damned if the last event that I didn't go to (Vengeance back in October) had a shit ton of tweens ad kiddos wearing HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT on everything, while everyone in their 20's and 30's who look like they can tell you who's going to win and why had the CM Punk flag shirt (myself included), that CM Punk flag is like the goddamn Black Flag bars in the wrestling world I swear.

onthewall2983
04-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I know he became face beating JBL at WM 23 but still.

He became a face way way before that. I remember him as a face as early as when he beat Big Show for the U.S. title during the first match at WM 20.

Early rumors are suggesting that Cena's facing Undertaker next year. Makes sense, he couldn't beat Rock this year but is going to end the streak and will die trying if he has to is probably the whole theme of it. Someone on another board said his dream is still alive that Cena becomes a heel by cheating to win and ending the legendary streak.

Space Suicide
04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
He became a face way way before that. I remember him as a face as early as when he beat Big Show for the U.S. title during the first match at WM 20.

Early rumors are suggesting that Cena's facing Undertaker next year. Makes sense, he couldn't beat Rock this year but is going to end the streak and will die trying if he has to is probably the whole theme of it. Someone on another board said his dream is still alive that Cena becomes a heel by cheating to win and ending the legendary streak.

True but he essentially became the wreck he is now with the shitty spinner WWE Championship belt when he beat JBL that year. Then his annoyance, lame face gimmicks, winning streaks and headlining flops became what he is now. He's been on this shit since what, 2005? Damn.

I'd enjoy the heels witch and I really do love Undertaker but I wish he'd lose the streak already. I wish HHH would've done it this year but no dice. Fock!

onthewall2983
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
There is a lot, from where I'm sitting, to respect about Cena. He takes his negative response in stride, and has often brought it up in promos. He doesn't sulk about it or ignore them, he knows any response is better than no response. He has a strong passion for the business that these days is only seemed to be shared by the top guys that came before him, and now guys like Punk and Bryan. His ability on the mic is second-to-none in the company (as long as Rock isn't around) for pure energy and dramatic strength.

That said, I can get where people like you don't see it. With any top guy, especially in WWE, there's bound to be an inverse reaction that isn't the desired one. 15-17 years ago, promoting Shawn Michaels was a good chunk of the show. And I thought myself when they were pushing him hard that I hadn't seen anything like that since then.

Space Suicide
04-09-2012, 09:17 PM
There is a lot, from where I'm sitting, to respect about Cena. He takes his negative response in stride, and has often brought it up in promos. He doesn't sulk about it or ignore them, he knows any response is better than no response. He has a strong passion for the business that these days is only seemed to be shared by the top guys that came before him, and now guys like Punk and Bryan. His ability on the mic is second-to-none in the company (as long as Rock isn't around) for pure energy and dramatic strength.

That said, I can get where people like you don't see it. With any top guy, especially in WWE, there's bound to be an inverse reaction that isn't the desired one. 15-17 years ago, promoting Shawn Michaels was a good chunk of the show. And I thought myself when they were pushing him hard that I hadn't seen anything like that since then.

It's just the fact I don't like this ongoing gimmick. He's always in main events, always wins every feud, always has a belt or is contending for one, always in your face. In 2003 and 2004 I was a fan and I loved his battle raps, disses and his overall dickish charm. That all faded away and he has remained the same stagnant, stale, boring and predictable wrestler he has been for a long time. What's the point of wearing jeans now? I know it's his trademark but they went amazingly with his rap master dickhead gimmick. Now not so much, but he can't get rid of them now though. No, don't take me out of context of taking him apart by his damn clothes now, I'm not.

onthewall2983
04-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Fair enough.

henryeatscereal
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
I have no idea either, but damned if the last event that I didn't go to (Vengeance back in October) had a shit ton of tweens ad kiddos wearing HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT on everything, while everyone in their 20's and 30's who look like they can tell you who's going to win and why had the CM Punk flag shirt (myself included), that CM Punk flag is like the goddamn Black Flag bars in the wrestling world I swear.

he had a "RAMONES" tribute shirt, so that makes sense, Punk is a talented son of a gun with indie cred and charisma like none other so in a way he's like Black Flag, lol

...just waiting for a The Clash tribute shirt :p

Boo Berry!

Piko
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Man, Cena got dogged tonight. Looks like he'll be disappearing for a little while too. Who am I going to boo now? Haha. Made it seem like Vince was firing him. I don't think Vince could. I think he'll just be taking some time off.

thevoid99
04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
I would've preferred Lesnar to have won the match and have Cena destroyed and then on Raw, have Vince McMahon reveal that Cena took a lot of punishment and will go away for a while. Just so that Cena could come back months later, much to our dismay and try and destroy Brock like the Super-Cena that we know and hate.

Piko
04-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Lesnar should've won. They made it took too easy to beat him. But I'm guessing we'll find out more tonight. I'm thinking it might have something to do with Triple H coming back. Probably how they'll write him off for the time being.

henryeatscereal
05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Daniel Bryan's mach was fuckin solid, i glad the WWE gave him and Sheamus more time to show us their stuff, i don't care for Cena, but it's clear to me they are putting him aside of the WWE and maybe build Lesnar for a feud aganist Orton, HHH, Taker or The Rock

Piko
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Assuming HHH is next once he's over his "broken arm".

henryeatscereal
05-01-2012, 12:40 PM
i haven't watched RAW so i didnt knew about this, but still pretty clear they are cooking a feud with WWE biggest heads, i would also love to watch a feud of Lesnar VS Sheamus and Lesnar VS Big Show (this feud was awesome back in 2002)

thevoid99
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
I would be more interested in seeing Lesnar fight Daniel Bryan since they both have technical backgrounds while Bryan also has a bit of a MMA background. It could be interesting if done right.

henryeatscereal
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
I think Bryan is able to put a Wrestlemania level match aganist Lesnar (similar to Kurt Angle VS Lesnar at Wrestlemania XIX), Bryan has shown us that he's able to work with big men

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
WWE has always had good talent at all times, they often misuse them though.

Fixer808
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Try and guess who I want them to bring back.

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 05:21 PM

http://images.wikia.com/worldwrestlingentertainment2177/images/e/e6/Doink_the_Clown.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/BlueMeanieAPW06152007SeasideHeightsNJ.jpg/220px-BlueMeanieAPW06152007SeasideHeightsNJ.jpg

http://catch-americain.wifeo.com/images/t/the/the-gobbledy-gooker6.jpg

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/ssteiner.jpg

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/n/nova/14.jpg

http://www.thesteelcage.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kizarny-296x300.jpg

http://fewonline.webs.com/photos/FEW-Roster/Eugene.jpg

Did I get him?

Fixer808
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
NOPE, JAKE THE SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Fl-8YK-bJ-4/TVa9SfKy-FI/AAAAAAAAApc/SpCGj685fYU/s1600/jakeroberts.jpg
Heck yeah.

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
NOPE, JAKE THE SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

D'awwww. Close

I tried to name every lame wrestler I could think of. I missed a few...

onthewall2983
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Doink was not a lame character, just a missed opportunity at developing what could have been one of the greatest heel personas ever.

nemesiswontdie
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I remember Eugene on Raw a long time ago. He beat Kurt Angle for his Olympic gold medal I think.

Vertigo
05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Did I get him?

You missed the ECW Zombie.
God I hated Eugene so much.

I thought Extreme Rules was fantastic. Three great matches, minimum of filler, and Lesnar... Wow. That extended vacation has given Brock something he was utterly devoid of in his original run: a personality. They played into his UFC experience perfectly during the match, and I feel they've already established him as this legitimate athlete, antisocial bastard hell-bent on dominating anyone he sees as competition (but in a very fresh way informed by knowledge of his real-life persona). He also fills in the niche of an expert technical wrestler, something that in my opinion has been dead in the company since the departure/mortality/best-not-to-think-about-it of Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. There's been a distinct tang of wrestling-school-generica about their talent picks for some time now.
Regardless of the result, in my opinion that match established Brock as an absolute monster in a way that his snowplough through 2002's roster didn't convincingly manage. I haven't watched Raw, so am not sure how they're handling the aftermath, but taking the opportunity to rest Cena 'on injury' fits perfectly.

This and Wrestlemania have been the only bits of WWE programming I've seen properly (as opposed to switching off after ten minutes) in five years. Wrestlemania I thought was awful, but after Extreme Rules I'm very much looking forward to the next PPV.

henryeatscereal
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM

My choices

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1282/1322824223_4157f46221.jpg

http://www.stu-man.com/archives/wwe_hurricane.jpg

http://www.lethalwow.com/bios/litaimage3.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/scotty2hottyisthebest/scotty.jpg

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 08:53 PM
He could have made a decent character and an excellent foe for the Undertaker! We did get him as Kevin Thorne though...I cared about Ariel more though....

You missed the ECW Zombie.
God I hated Eugene so much.

http://drunkenzombie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ECW-Zombie.bmp

What made you hate Eugene haha?

henryeatscereal
05-01-2012, 09:12 PM
He could have made a decent character and an excellent foe for the Undertaker! We did get him as Kevin Thorne though...I cared about Ariel more though....

Kevin always failed at WWE, but i think the Mordecai character had potential

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Kevin always failed at WWE, but i think the Mordecai character had potential

Yeah I remember him. His uptight music and his semi-satanic cross that was ironic but wasn't meant to be. Only matches of him I remember are Judgment Day 2004 vs Scotty 2 Hotty and at Great American Bash 2004 vs Hardcore Holly.

On topic of Lesnar and the mention of Holly I stated above, anyone remember that feud between the two when he returned after Brock powerbombed him and broke his neck? It led to that weak final match at Royal Rumble 2004 where Holly lost haha.

henryeatscereal
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
On topic of Lesnar and the mention of Holly I stated above, anyone remember that feud between the two when he returned after Brock powerbombed him and broke his neck? It led to that weak final match at Royal Rumble 2004 where Holly lost haha.

I remember the Holly/Lesnar feud, i think it was the closest Holly was to the WWE Championship, poor guy he was for years and i think his biggest acomplishment was winning the IC title, oh I also remember his awesome tag team with Crash Holly.
On topic: i think Lesnar always have problems about finding "credible" opponents for him, i recall his first feud was aganist the Hardy Boyz (correct me if im wrong!), i mean they where popular but far from credible threats for him

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I remember the Holly/Lesnar feud, i think it was the closest Holly was to the WWE Championship, poor guy he was for years and i think his biggest acomplishment was winning the IC title, oh I also remember his awesome tag team with Crash Holly.
On topic: i think Lesnar always have problems about finding "credible" opponents for him, i recall his first feus was aganist the Hardy Boyz (correct me if im wrong), i mena they where popular but far from credible threats for him

Yeah. but it can be fair to say that about any of them. Lot's of great wrestlers have passed through (and some still around) WWE and are fantastic but they aren't marketed or used correctly in any form. Some great guys are jobbers sadly, referring back to my first posts in this thread on page 1 about Goldust.

As for Lesnar, my fondest and best memories of him were from SmackDown! Summer 2003. The time of Vengeance and the ongoing Vince/Angle/Big Show/Steph/Sable/Gowen crap that was all going on. First SmackDown! I watched was the episode after Vengeance and it had that steel cage match with Lesnar against Vince with Kurt as the ref. I can remember it so clearly. Seems like yesterday....almost 9 years ago. Shit.

henryeatscereal
05-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Are you guys liking the Ryback character? i find it disturbingly similar to Goldberg, i never was a fan of Goldie but this is a fuckin' ripoff

thevoid99
05-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Are you guys liking the Ryback character? i find it disturbingly similar to Goldberg, i never was a fan of Goldie but this is a fuckin' ripoff

I need to see him more in the ring with someone that isn't going to be a total squash match to take some serious consideration. I do like him though.

Kid Charlemagne
05-03-2012, 01:24 AM
I finally saw all of Extreme Rules and thought it was a very good PPV, better than WM and Royal Rumble combined. Daniel Bryan/Sheamus stole the show. I don't care for Sheamus, but I thought he did an awesome job going toe to toe with someone who actually wrestles instead of brawls. Punk/Y2J was okay, really thought they butchered the angle from the get-go, but this feud would've been better had Jericho been five years younger and all the alcoholic crap was kind of ridiculous. Cena/Lesnar was better than expected. I thought it was worthy of closing the show and really hoped Brock would win, but I understand why Cena won. Then again, I just hope Cena would go away, I can already tell this match he'll have with Johnny Ace is going to be really fucking ridiculous.

henryeatscereal
05-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I've read the Wrestling Observer newsletter and he said they are preparing a match between Lesnar and HHH on Summerslam

Space Suicide
05-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Anyone remember the WWE Edition of the Weakest Link?

I watched it last night and laughed. Kane won too, my favorite wrestler.

On the topic, I'm not surprised as he was an English major and has substituted classes before. He's an intelligent guy. Be cool and amusing if he were the sub teacher for one of the classes I had in my school days.

nemesiswontdie
05-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I've been out of the wrestling thing for awhile now. About 4 years or so. The Undertaker is my favorite wrestler, I grew up watching him wrestle. I even liked him during his biker phase. My dad looked like The Undertaker too which was really cool. When we'd go to WWE shows and we were walking around, my dad would get asked by at least 3 people for his autograph lol. Good times.

So by what I read on some youtube comments, The Undertaker is officially done? No more Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If so, that fucking sucks. But understandable too.

henryeatscereal
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone remember the WWE Edition of the Weakest Link?

I watched it last night and laughed. Kane won too, my favorite wrestler.

On the topic, I'm not surprised as he was an English major and has substituted classes before. He's an intelligent guy. Be cool and amusing if he were the sub teacher for one of the classes I had in my school days.
Kane is awesome, highly underrated, i always liked him, i think he's one of the best "big men" in WWE, ever, he can do agile moves, but also powerful ones, he and the Big Show are high in my book, it doesn't surprise me that he's intelligent, there's plenty of WWE wrestlers with a high IQ, i heard Raven is a member of MENSA and i remember that Spike Dudley used to be a literature teacher

I've been out of the wrestling thing for awhile now. About 4 years or so. The Undertaker is my favorite wrestler, I grew up watching him wrestle. I even liked him during his biker phase. My dad looked like The Undertaker too which was really cool. When we'd go to WWE shows and we were walking around, my dad would get asked by at least 3 people for his autograph lol. Good times.

So by what I read on some youtube comments, The Undertaker is officially done? No more Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If so, that fucking sucks. But understandable too.
Your dad story is hilarious, hahaha, i wish my dad looked like Taker, LOL
On Topic: Taker has become an special attraction, i guess he'll fight in another WM but this time he will lose, leaving the streak 20-1 (and giving the guy who ends his streak a huge push)

Space Suicide
05-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Why did The World close? I'd have love to have gone there.

http://images.wikia.com/prowrestling/images/c/c9/WWF_New_York.jpg

henryeatscereal
05-03-2012, 01:06 PM
The World was a great idea, but how was the food? anyone knows?

onthewall2983
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Roughly the same reason all of us aren't wearing Los Angeles Xtreme jerseys, and waiting on the edge of our seats for the next WBF pay-per-view.

henryeatscereal
05-03-2012, 01:44 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha, that was awesome, it reminded me of this:

http://flowtv.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/xfl.png

onthewall2983
05-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Best shoot interview ever, and an easy way to waste four hours.

henryeatscereal
05-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Tonight's RAW was a bit dull, i just cared for the Lord Tensai/Daniel Bryan VS CM punk match (looking forward to DB vs Punk match at Over the Limit)
Still i marked out for uncle Paul E, great to see him back, miss the old ECW

thevoid99
05-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Raw sucked tonight. Still, I was marking out when Paul Heyman came back. I miss that guy and the old ECW.

Piko
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I got bored and turned it off. When I put it back on and saw Heymann, I was pretty excited. Then I turned it off again...

Space Suicide
05-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I started and watched the first few moments with Laurenitis at the beginning but got bored and played Xbox. By time I was done kicking ass online it was 11:30. I missed Paul Heyman? Fuck.

henryeatscereal
05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
nothing interesting though, Paul just came out, made a promo and left, the audience was dead, i bet they didn't knew who he was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_xzLijve40

god i miss him...

Piko
05-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Maybe they brought him back since Brock does so well with the mic. Perfect combo if you ask me.

onthewall2983
05-09-2012, 05:25 AM
A troll on Twitter ruffled CM Punk's feathers by saying gay people should not be allowed to get married at that they (gay people) "made him sick." Punk responded by telling the person to "kill himself." Punk later issued multiple apologies over the matter because it blew up pretty big & even was reported by some people in the UK because apparently the troll is a 14-year-old kid from the UK. In a rather typical move, said gay basher/troll apologized himself for the statement.

Two things I love about this, one that Punk really comes off more like himself despite being a top guy in the company now. If he worded that better (with likely no endorsement of suicide) he wouldn't have needed to apologize to the prick. And 2nd, it's refreshing to see someone in the wrestling business with passionate views I agree with. Quite a lot of people in wrestling with any political leanings are usually to the right, and it goes from jobbers like Val Venis all the way to the McMahons.

henryeatscereal
05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
I agree, i think Punk is always himself and i respect him a lot for having the balls to say what he want's to, in an interview he said: "he's not a role model" and that "everyone should chose his path in life" (Link: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/CM_Punk_Q_A_Being_a_Role_Model_American_Wrestling_ Fans_Acting_More.html )
Other guy who i respect a lot is Daniel Bryan, not just because is awesome wrestling abilities, but also for the fact that he's vegan, im a vegetarian in a meat-eating country (and we eat a LOT of meat), i understand how hard is for people to understand, i praise Bryan for having the balls to say it in public and be featured on the PETA website (i remember KFC has been a WWE sponsor many times, i don't think they like this).

gorast
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I agree, i think Punk is always himself and i respect him a lot for having the balls to say what he want's to, in an interview he said: "he's not a role model" and that "everyone should chose his path in life" (Link: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/CM_Punk_Q_A_Being_a_Role_Model_American_Wrestling_ Fans_Acting_More.html )
Other guy who i respect a lot is Daniel Bryan, not just because is awesome wrestling abilities, but also for the fact that he's vegan, im a vegetarian in a meat-eating country (and we eat a LOT of meat), i understand how hard is for people to understand, i praise Bryan for having the balls to say it in public and be featured on the PETA website (i remember KFC has been a WWE sponsor many times, i don't think they like this).
I'd have more respect for D-Bry outside of wrestling if he didn't allow his image to be used by PETA, really. Dude should know that PETA is full of shit and there are much better animal rights organizations to support.

It's interesting to see how little influence WWE has over Punk's public image despite him being at the top of the company right now. They're letting his full, uncensored personality shine through, which sometimes results in mis-steps like telling that kid to kill himself (which, though uncalled for, at the very least illustrates that Punk stands very firmly behind his beliefs and isn't afraid to start shit with someone over it). It's a good step forward for WWE.

Also, fuckin' Paul Heyman, man. It's being reported that he's going to be around for the rest of the month at least, since Brock's contract limits his appearances. Good shit.

henryeatscereal
05-09-2012, 09:58 AM
I'd have more respect for D-Bry outside of wrestling if he didn't allow his image to be used by PETA, really. Dude should know that PETA is full of shit and there are much better animal rights organizations to support.

It's interesting to see how little influence WWE has over Punk's public image despite him being at the top of the company right now. They're letting his full, uncensored personality shine through, which sometimes results in mis-steps like telling that kid to kill himself (which, though uncalled for, at the very least illustrates that Punk stands very firmly behind his beliefs and isn't afraid to start shit with someone over it). It's a good step forward for WWE.
ok, im not going to start an animal organization debate in a wresting thread, and not going to define which is wich and who is who in Animal rights organizations (is up to everyone to investigate and inform), everyone has his beliefs and i respect if you don't like PETA, still i respect Bryan for having the balls to declare himself as a vegan in a corporation as big as the WWE (who we know has lots of meat producing sponsors), that's the main point.
On topic: I think is awesome that Heyman is staying, the wrestling world needs him badly, i like TNA but i don't want Heyman there, he's much needed in the PG WWE, and much like Punk, he can shake things up just with his mic skills

EDIT: he's hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AtYK8N6GMEY

Conan The Barbarian
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Heyman wont even touch TNA, he thinks they are a joke.

onthewall2983
05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Dream scenario is that TNA finally dies off, and Billy Corgan's promotion picks up most of the young guys that are currently playing 2nd fiddle to the dinosaurs they have roaming around. Really for no other reason than to establish it as the first Midwestern promotion since the AWA that tries to compete with Vince.

Space Suicide
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I used to like TNA but they fucking suck now. Too many WWE throwaways and has beens.

henryeatscereal
05-10-2012, 09:28 AM
I used to like TNA too. I think they got ruined when they brought Hogan, i think they have awesome talent like AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe and Austin Aries, but now they bore me to death, their main issue in my opinion are the inconsistent storylines, it also bothers me that one wrestler is a "face" one week, then he becomes a "heel" the next one, then he goes back to be a "face", just ridiculous.
I wish the WWE would buy them, yes, it will become a monopoly all over again, but at least we wont watch TNA's awesome talent go to waste, plus im waiting a Kurt Angle comeback to WWE before he retires, i miss him "IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE"

Piko
05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
I tried watching TNA one day. It was so boring. There's certainly a handful of talent there, but when it comes to storyline and people on the mic, it was the dullest thing ever. Not even Hogan can help it. It's like some guy trying to build a car. He builds it, but it just doesn't run well.

henryeatscereal
05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
gotta love this image...
http://superluchas.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/wwe-no-way-out-2012.jpg
I want to see DB team up with a heel A.J. again, i think he needs a valet to further his heel image

henryeatscereal
05-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Starting July 23rd RAW is expanding to 3 hours

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/raw-expands-to-three-hours

Piko
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
They can barely get through two hours right now...

henryeatscereal
05-18-2012, 11:58 AM
I agree, but i think it's good for all the extra talent that never gets a chance to be on TV

thevoid99
05-18-2012, 03:54 PM
BTW, did anyone hear that Brooke Hogan is coming to TNA Impact to run the Knockouts Division?

Man, Scott Steiner was right. I bet Nick Hogan will come to that company and become a wrestler or something and he just becomes a world champ in six months to a year, depending how much time that organization has left. Fuck that company.

Space Suicide
05-18-2012, 03:57 PM
BTW, did anyone hear that Brooke Hogan is coming to TNA Impact to run the Knockouts Division?

Man, Scott Steiner was right. I bet Nick Hogan will come to that company and become a wrestler or something and he just becomes a world champ in six months to a year, depending how much time that organization has left. Fuck that company.

TNA used to be good, now it's a joke. It's ran and organized by WWE has-beens, throwaways and the occasional old fuck that shouldn't be around anymore.

LaneSax
05-29-2012, 09:22 AM
I agree, but i think it's good for all the extra talent that never gets a chance to be on TV
Zack Ryder better be worried if he doesn't appear on 3 hour Raws...

Piko
05-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Can't stand Zach Ryder. He got his little push and has been a jobber every since, hasn't he? I don't watch smackdown, so maybe he's on there... he's funny looking and obnoxious. I won't be surprised if he gets cut when that time of the year comes around. "Future hall of famed"? Lolz

Kid Charlemagne
05-29-2012, 11:51 AM
CM Punk and Daniel Bryan was awesome last night on Raw. Anyone else think they squandered the opportunity to have these guys in another PPV because of last night?

henryeatscereal
05-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Can't stand Zach Ryder. He got his little push and has been a jobber every since, hasn't he? I don't watch smackdown, so maybe he's on there... he's funny looking and obnoxious. I won't be surprised if he gets cut when that time of the year comes around. "Future hall of famed"? Lolz
Im not a fan either but i gotta admit he has improved, it's his finisher what i can't stand, not convincing.
"Over the Limit" was meh minus Bryan VS Punk, but even they were below their capabilities, still they are better than 90% of the main roster.
And i agree with Kid Charlemagne, i think they wasted that opportunity favoring a possible match with Kane at No Way Out (i like Kane but i don't want to watch that)

On Topic: Big Show demolished the Funkusaurus last night, i liked it!

Kid Charlemagne
05-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Finally glad they're doing something with Big Show. Seeing him demolish Brodus Clay and Kofi and R-Truth was pretty badass, especially when he just has that look of not giving a shit. The fans chanting for Cena and him not showing up was awesome too. If he would've showed up, it would've cheapened it. Plus, fuck John Cena.

henryeatscereal
05-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Like mostly because "fuck John Cena" n_n

On Topic: yeah i think heel Big Show has more possibilities, i remember his awesome heel run back in 2002, you really bought the Big Show as a badass

thevoid99
05-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Last night was quite good. The Punk/Bryan match was great. I would love to see those 2 do a submission match. Plus, I'm starting to come around towards AJ. She's pretty damn cute and has a nice ass. I like this new Big Show. They've finally given him something to do.

Still don't like David Otunga. I don't care how built he is or how much A-list connection he has. Fucker can't wrestle for shit. Hell, he couldn't even pin Santino properly about a month ago. Yet, they're having Zack Ryder job to him on house shows. That's bullshit!

henryeatscereal
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Otunga is the crappiest wrestler in WWE right now, no doubt about it

LaneSax
05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Otunga is the crappiest wrestler in WWE right now, no doubt about it
The Great Khali would like to say Hi...

henryeatscereal
05-29-2012, 10:56 PM
The Great Khali would like to say Hi...
lol, i guess he made me so angry i forgot about him, but he hardly wrestles anymore (at least not on TV), still.. Otunga, what a waste of TV time! at least the Punjabi playboy bit had its moments! not buying the whole "lawyer-wrestler-steroid physique-bad promo-bad wrestler"

On topic: Sin Cara is back at last (well on June 1st, but he already wrestled in a bunch of house shows) hope he doesn't get injured again, i want to see him feud against Rey Mysterio someday...

LaneSax
05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
lol, i guess he made me so angry i forgot about him, but he hardly wrestles anymore (at least not on TV), still.. Otunga, what a waste of TV time! at least the Punjabi playboy bit had its moments! not buying the whole "lawyer-wrestler-steroid physique-bad promo-bad wrestler"

On topic: Sin Cara is back at last (well on June 1st, but he already wrestled in a bunch of house shows) hope he doesn't get injured again, i want to see him feud against Rey Mysterio someday...
Yeh I understand what you mean, Otunga is pretty bad for someone who appears on Raw regularly. Lord Tensai is another...
I'd like to see Damien Sandow on Raw soon, I think he's got a future.

Khali has been botching a lot on NXT recently with his tag partner Big Zeke (another bore fest)
What surprises me is that there haven't been the usual roster cuts at this time of the year.

Not sure Sin Cara-Rey might happen, dirtsheets have been reporting Rey isnt part of WWE's longterm plans, especially with his latest drug suspension.

henryeatscereal
05-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Khali has been botching a lot on NXT recently with his tag partner Big Zeke (another bore fest)
What surprises me is that there haven't been the usual roster cuts at this time of the year.

Not sure Sin Cara-Rey might happen, dirtsheets have been reporting Rey isnt part of WWE's longterm plans, especially with his latest drug suspension.
Havent watched NXT a long time ago, last time it was the divas season the one Kaitlyn won, im also surprised that the roster cuts are not dramatic like other years "Hornswoggle" must be happy about it...
Yup, "the Mysterio drug controversy" makes it difficult for them to have a match, still i think the WWE will make it happen sooner or later, it's a dream match (mostly for the latino audience) and it will draw big bucks to the WWE at any PPV, maybe Rey could return as a heel? i want to see that happen!

thevoid99
05-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Another wrestler who is a complete waste of space is Jinder Mahal. He has no charisma, no personality, and certainly couldn't draw a fucking dime to save his life. I heard the number he drew at this year's Royal Rumble is the infamous #14. So he might be gone by the end of the year or something.

henryeatscereal
05-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Holy crap! (http://royalrumbler.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/entry-14/)

On topic: I agree, i do think Jinder had potential but the WWE never got around to developing it, now he's just a waste of space much like Chris Masters was last year

onthewall2983
05-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Randy Orton just earned his 2nd suspension for violating the Wellness Program. One more and he's gone.

Piko
05-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Apparently they suspended Jericho also for kicking a Brazilian flag and pissing everyone off. I'm sure it was all harmless and in-character. But maybe that's why I find Orton so boring. He's stoned...

henryeatscereal
05-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Im glad about Orton, i don't like him, i hate his robotic persona and the overrated "Viper" gimmick, the only thing he does well is the RKO (just a variation of the Diamond Cutter)
About Jericho: the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, JBL did the "Nazi salute" and he didn't get suspended (as i recall), i agree that is a crime in Brazil but suspending him because he did his job? the hell?

*EDIT*

For old times sake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3yx4-Po1iw

Kid Charlemagne
05-30-2012, 10:35 PM
This whole Orton thing is fine. I was never a fan of him, his interviews are boring, he's an average at best wrestler, and he seems to fuck up every angle he's in. I don't think myself or anyone else I talk to has ever said "you know, with a guy like Randy Orton, things will be okay in the next years". He's plain and that's it. So of course he's using, we can make the stoned look jokes or roid jokes we can because it's all true. Please kick him out or get him with a trainer who will help him on everything.

Space Suicide
05-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Look what I found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea7k7B7GjSA&amp;feature=related

henryeatscereal
05-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Brutal Match, i liked it...

When Brock puts those elbows in Cena's face, daaaaaamn, i marked out hard for those!

Space Suicide
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Brutal Match, i liked it...

When Brock puts those elbows in Cena's face, daaaaaamn, i marked out hard for those!

For sure, I'm not knocking wrestling or the guys involved but such hits by Brock could be dangerous for someone's well-being, not Cena's from what I can tell but some other people he might go against. I doubt any of Cena's blood in that match is fake.

onthewall2983
06-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I've been watching WWE programming for the better part of 20 years and I don't think I've ever seen a match they did that was that brutal. For sheer blood loss alone, I think Steve Austin in his match with Bret at WM 13 comes close. But it's 2nd to none in every other way. It's sad that they've just swept it under the rug now, but I even have more reason now to think those who chant "Cena Sucks" are assholes.

henryeatscereal
06-01-2012, 05:10 PM
For sure, I'm not knocking wrestling or the guys involved but such hits by Brock could be dangerous for someone's well-being, not Cena's from what I can tell but some other people he might go against. I doubt any of Cena's blood in that match is fake.
Those punches are VERY real and the blood it's so real, Cena has huge cojones just for taking one of those elbows...
I don't like Cena, i don't hate him either but he has never been my favorite (even during the "Basic Thughanomics" i found him irratating) but i admit the guy is a consistent player and you can tell he genuinely loves the bussiness (he wouldnt take a clean shot to the face from Brock if he didn't)
I still find his gimmick dumb and childish, but that's the way it's supposed to be, don't hate him, i think he's one of the few good persons on the WWE, and he's genuine, you can tell it's him and not a character, you can tell his love for wrestling is real and i respect him more than say Orton or Batista (who clearly are just in it for the money)

thevoid99
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm not a fan of Cena either but I respect him. The guy just loves doing what he does. He's quite honest and also quite accessible. I don't like what they're doing with him right now. The whole angle with the Big Show is just stupid. There's too many scenarios of how it will play out. Either Cena will win in some way or he gets screwed in some fashion and Big Show will win. WWE Creative are really just running out of ideas. I don't like what they're doing with the storylines. They need new people handling things. And what's going to happen now since Randy Orton and Chris Jericho are both suspended? The latter of which was just some dumb moment for entertainment purposes.

onthewall2983
06-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of anyone on WWE programming, as I'd probably describe myself as a passive-aggressive observer of the product seeing how much it's changed from when I was a fan. The only guy I was a serious fan of was Flair for a few years in the 90's, before I started getting sick of it from a die-hard fan's perspective.

But I recognize Cena as special, and that if I was in the age of his primary demographics, I'd definitely be a mark. As I've said here before, he is the best pure babyface leading the company since Hulk Hogan, bar none. He works his ass off, has a very transparent love for what he's doing and doesn't let the negative reaction he sometimes gets affect his ego. I remember after the Mania he worked with Edge and Big Show, going over to the front row and posing with guys who were carrying "Cena Sucks" signs. That's tact, and a clear appreciation and understanding that any reaction is better than none.

I don't like what's being done with him either. The big problem I've had for a number of years is that they depend too much on "suits" to steer the angles. Occasionally they have had good GM's that have made me forget that, but with John in charge (not to mention what they are doing on TNA now, which has the same problem tenfold) it's becoming painfully clear that that well is dry. In tandem to that, the fact that the titles are becoming secondary is typical of the more overt "entertainment" doesn't sit well either. Punk and Bryan have the future in their grasp, and I fear that how they are being booked now will hurt that.

Space Suicide
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
The best game ever made for the WWE has to be 2002's WWE SmackDown!: Shut Your Mouth

Looks better and plays better than almost every SVR game, even up till 2010, in my opinion.

Piko
06-02-2012, 11:11 PM
No Mercy was pretty nifty IMO.

henryeatscereal
06-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Good "read" *wink* *wink* (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1202956-wwe-ranking-the-divas-playboy-pictorials-over-the-years)

thevoid99
06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Good "read" *wink* *wink* (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1202956-wwe-ranking-the-divas-playboy-pictorials-over-the-years)

I can agree to that list. Shame today's divas won't do it because of the PG thing.

henryeatscereal
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I can agree to that list. Shame today's divas won't do it because of the PG thing.
It's such a shame!
Would love to see Eve, Rosa Mendez, AJ or even the Bellas! (shame they went away)

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Eh, none of them appear to be show-offy to even pose in such a thing. Stacy Keibler is one of my top divas, don't know why.

Piko
06-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Eve could probably pull it off. Doubt she'd do it though...

thevoid99
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Finally, Cena beat that Tensai. He sucks. I liked him more when he was Prince Albert or A-Train. Seeing Michael Cole get his ass kicked and lose was fun.

BTW, did anyone hear Goldberg chants for Ryback?

Piko
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
They've been calling him Goldberg, heh. He even kinda mocked his.entrance last night. I think the whole thing/gimmick is kinda funny...

henryeatscereal
06-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Finally, Cena beat that Tensai. He sucks. I liked him more when he was Prince Albert or A-Train. Seeing Michael Cole get his ass kicked and lose was fun.
It's not (whatever you want to call him) Albert/A-Train/Gigant Bernard's fault, it's the stupid gimmick he's stuck with, i heard he's not impressing the WWE agents, why they hired him on the first place? they hype him, bring him, give him a small undefeated streak and now he's going to job for Cena? tough luck!
And maybe all could be prevented by giving him another gimmick, a guy that doesn't talk makes his connection with the audience difficult, he's geting buried mostly for this, it's not fair, he has wrestled more and been on TV more than Brock Lesnar, he deserves better.
On Ryback: i don't like him, i think the gimmick is too dumb, Goldberg was special cause it belonged to a certain era and place, re-doing it now, seems too forced. I never liked Goldberg but at least the guy had charisma (same goes for The Ultimate Warrior), i don't buy his "Give me More" catchphrase.

onthewall2983
06-05-2012, 03:16 PM
It'd be great if he did something like this, but wishing for it would be a pipe dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4inIvA8nm8

henryeatscereal
06-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Dustin was awesome, no matter what gimmick!

thevoid99
06-05-2012, 09:02 PM
That Seven gimmick had some great promos until Dustin killed it immediately once he arrived. The dude is underrated. I wish WWE would hire him back so he and Cody could have a match together.

onthewall2983
06-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, the reasons for killing it (it explains why if you read the video description) are justified. It was a worked shoot, but judging from the tone it seems more of the latter. The Goldust character was great until they made him a face, and then changed it so many times and jerked Dustin around creatively speaking. It's sad because Dustin was money in WCW before going to WWE. Had great matches and exposure through guys like Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Barry Windham, Steve Austin, Rick Rude, etc, etc.

Billy Corgan is close to getting a reality show about indie wrestling off the ground, which I think is great. I love the idea that he basically has started a promotion up in Chicago, a town flush with wrestling history (not to mention the hottest crowds WWE has seen, in no small part because of homeboy C.M. Punk). It's getting traction, and with enough right moves (like this potential reality show) it can become real potential competition for WWE.

thevoid99
06-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Tonight's Raw was pretty good. Seeing Mr. McMahon was great. Also, I was marking out for Vader! The crowd was so into him. AJ... WTF? I'm becoming more attracted to her. It was all good until the end which was predictable.

Warped_Savant
06-11-2012, 11:11 PM
AJ's current character is freaking awesome! She is pulling off a different sort of crazy chick that I don't think they've ever really done before...
It also helps that she's completely adorable.

Space Suicide
06-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Just one more reason for me to be jealous of Kane.

henryeatscereal
06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
oh my... it's time... it's time... it's Vader Time!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t-6bHWTjKi4/T9bveFj0pfI/AAAAAAAALY0/u4_myocA2ho/s1600/RAW_994_Photo_131.jpg
How cool was this!

On Topic: Damn what a kiss! just having AJ hangin' on your waist must be so hot! i think most of us wanted to be Kane yesterday.
Looking forward to the 1000th episode, i would love to watch a legend battle royal (like the one at WM X7) with guys like: Jake the Snake, Tatanka, Repo Man, Goobledy Gooker, Dude Love and of course Vader!

Space Suicide
06-12-2012, 09:04 AM
oh my... it's time... it's time... it's Vader Time!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t-6bHWTjKi4/T9bveFj0pfI/AAAAAAAALY0/u4_myocA2ho/s1600/RAW_994_Photo_131.jpg
How cool was this!

On Topic: Damn what a kiss! just having AJ hangin' on your waist must be so hot! i think most of us wanted to be Kane yesterday.
Looking forward to the 1000th episode, i would love to watch a legend battle royal (like the one at WM X7) with guys like: Jake the Snake, Tatanka, Repo Man, Goobledy Gooker, Dude Love and of course Vader!

I love Kane, as stated before, he's my favorite wrestler. Always jealous of him...haha.

Vader was a neat twist, he leveled Heath Slater fast.

Piko
06-12-2012, 09:24 AM
All you have to do to get Roberts and tell him you've got some extra crack... an old school battle royal would be awesome though. Kamala!

henryeatscereal
06-12-2012, 09:45 AM
All you have to do to get Roberts and tell him you've got some extra crack... an old school battle royal would be awesome though. Kamala!
Amputated Kamala maybe *sigh* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_(wrestler))

Speaking of... maybe Zach Gowen would be a nice addition

Piko
06-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Amputated Kamala maybe *sigh* (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_(wrestler))

Speaking of... maybe Zach Gowen would be a nice addition

Wow, that sucks. Didn't know that.

Space Suicide
06-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Anyone else miss Johnathan Coachman?

LaneSax
06-15-2012, 01:40 AM
As a commentator, I don't but as an asskisser to the GM, yes I do!

Otunga seems like a poor man's Coach these days

henryeatscereal
06-15-2012, 09:19 AM
I do specially for his Rock interviews...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcrZ9lw_Yg

As a commentator, I don't but as an asskisser to the GM, yes I do!

Otunga seems like a poor man's Coach these days
I think Michael Cole is the new coach, they gave him a lot of Coach's old character but Otunga clearly has a lot of his asskissing attitude, i remember when Coach was just an average commentator but they turned him heel and he became transcendent, much like Cole...

ON TOPIC: Seems Alberto del Rio is out of No Way Out, shame for him, but im glad they replaced him with Ziggler i would love to see him as a champ, i think he's ready

LaneSax
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I hope Ziggler wins the title, though highly doubtful.

He is the best worker in the ring these days imo. He sells really well.

Vertigo
06-15-2012, 01:54 PM
I do specially for his Rock interviews...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcrZ9lw_Yg

God Rock was so amazing back then. On top of all the other great stuff happening at that time - Angle not yet worn down to a pulp by injury (and so many others on top form), the influx of ECW and WCW talent, the Divas being used properly, PPV prices still in the realm of sanity, the comparatively mature booking and freedom afforded to the wrestlers... we really didn't know how good we had it. Or I didn't, at least.

thevoid99
06-15-2012, 02:08 PM

I'll take Jonathan Coachman over Michael Cole, John Laurinitis, and David Otunga altogether. Coachman is entertaining.

Space Suicide
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
My Coach post came off the heels of me watching my 2003 Survivor Series DVD, where he came out to tell the crowd he was okay after being 3-D'd by the Dudley Boys the Monday before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znbgJqpqvYs

LOL. is it sad I loved his theme song too?

Also, other great matches from that night I got to relive last night were Kane vs Shane-o-Mac in that Ambulance Match, Undertaker vs Vince in that Buried Alive match and HHH vs Goldberg a second time for the World Heavyweight Title.

henryeatscereal
06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
oh man, the old "Evolution" theme, my favorite one above "The Game" and "King of Kings"...

but my favorite theme song of all has to be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t4383N9YRs

Space Suicide
06-16-2012, 01:23 AM
oh man, the old "Evolution" theme, my favorite one above "The Game" and "King of Kings"...

but my favorite theme song of all has to be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t4383N9YRs

Line in the Sand (Evolution's) was a great song. I loved it. I miss that Faction, they ruled. After 2004 they went to shit though. I loved them in 2003. I don't know if it's because I got into wrestling in 2003, but I find that my favorite year I've ever seen. Everything was freaking amazing that year. "Ruthless Aggression" Era, baby!

I don't like them at all (this band), but I LOVE this theme. Always have, always will. I wish he still used it. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xleECS5lnlA

<3

Also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5jbo7lxPqc&amp;feature=related

Space Suicide
06-17-2012, 11:07 AM
What was everyone's first live PPV purchase, if any?

Mine was Unforgiven 2003. Only other PPVs I watched live when they were broadcasted were Royal Rumble 2004, No Mercy 2004 and Wrestlemania 21. Haven't gotten any since.

Piko
06-17-2012, 04:28 PM
King of the Ring 99. 13th birthday. And it was amazing.

onthewall2983
06-17-2012, 04:38 PM
WrestleMania VIII​.

henryeatscereal
06-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Wrestlemania XV

I was so excited about it, to me it was like the superbowl only better...

I marked out big time when The Undertaker hung up The Big Bossman from the cell... i thought he was f'n dead!

Space Suicide
06-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Cool stories guys!

I am in dismay of current PPV Programming. Last night's event, No Way Out, was so fucking predictable. Everybody I guessed would win did. Lame and tiring, I'm tired of the same winners and losers.

John Cena beat Big Show, of course. Steel cage match ontop of it.

CM Drunk beat Kane and Daniel Bryan, snore. Keep adding to that stagnant year and a half reign.

Sheamus beat Dolph Ziggler, predictable.

And alot of other shitty matches I don't even know how they got on the card. A worthless tag team championship fatal four way, boring diva's match with Beth losing? and lots of other BS. Lousy return to form with this No Way Out.

henryeatscereal
06-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh man, No Way Out was lackluster, i just cared for Punk/Bryan/Kane (I like all three of them, but they are odd choices for a Triple Threat) and Sheamus/Ziggler (mostly because of Ziggler)
I hate that the WWE is becoming more and more predictable like you said, and the problem are the writers and poor booking going on (c'mon Otunga VS Funkasaurus???)
I hope this changes for the good on RAW's 1000th episode, they need to deliver huge storylines like Undertaker's Ministry:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7b10x_the-undertaker-ministry-era-vol-1_sport

(Watch all Volumes, good memories)

Space Suicide
06-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Oh man, No Way Out was lackluster, i just cared for Punk/Bryan/Kane (I like all three of them, but they are odd choices for a Triple Threat) and Sheamus/Ziggler (mostly because of Ziggler)
I hate that the WWE is becoming more and more predictable like you said, and the problem are the writers and poor booking going on (c'mon Otunga VS Funkasaurus???)
I hope this changes for the good on RAW's 1000th episode, they need to deliver huge storylines like Undertaker's Ministry:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7b10x_the-undertaker-ministry-era-vol-1_sport

(Watch all Volumes, good memories)

Ministry of Darkness Stable and Undertaker was the best. So evil, sinister, disturbing and cool looking. I've hate what the Undertaker has become these days, he's also boring me...can't believe I'm saying that.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l4SJTX3TOGs/RtmCtrjh0TI/AAAAAAAAAj4/4IjRhf18Xa8/s320/undertaker_champ_ministry.jpg

Over the Edge 1999: "What I want Austin, is your blood."

onthewall2983
06-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Not to put a pall over that, but that event is probably what ended that phase of the Undertaker's career. Over The Edge '99 was the night Owen Hart died, and Undertaker coming out that night victorious was very fucking creepy. It's probably the big reason why he changed into the biker character.

Space Suicide
06-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Not to put a pall over that, but that event is probably what ended that phase of the Undertaker's career. Over The Edge '99 was the night Owen Hart died, and Undertaker coming out that night victorious was very fucking creepy. It's probably the big reason why he changed into the biker character.

Yeah a real shame that happened to him. I always liked him more than Bret.

My quote I put with the wrong PPV, I meant to put with the First Blood Match at Fully Loaded 1999.

henryeatscereal
06-19-2012, 08:54 AM
It's really hard not to associate Over the Edge 1999 with Owen's demise, the whole PPV was overshadowed by this sad event (i liked Owen a lot, i hated how he became almost a jobber to HHH and DX in his last days), i'll always wonder what would have happened if Owen was alive today, perhaps he would have dropped the Blue Blazer gimmick, maybe Owen would have convinced Bret to go back to the WWE (years before it actually happened) and reform the Hart foundation, who knows?.
I think he is one of WWE greatest losses (along with Chris Benoit; i think both of this tragedies marked the wrestling world deeply)
Still... Taker was awesome in these days, really evil and satanic, i think it's the best work he's done in the WWE ever (ruined only by the stupid decision of making Vince McMahon the "Higher Power")

Piko
06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Owen was way overshadowed by Bret. Enough to the point that they didn't know what to do with him. The guy could've held world titles, but instead they had him join the Nation, calling him a nugget, then bringing back the Blue Blazer gimmick. He was such a wasted talent, and even to this day, he doesn't get the props he truly deserves.

W Axl Rose
06-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey guys. I'm supposed to interview Jeff Hardy tonight @730. I'll post the link when the interview is up but if you have any last minute questions, post em here and I'll try to ask! We may only get like 15 minutes with him. He's basically on to promote TNA's Basebrawl show here Friday night.

henryeatscereal
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Saw this a bit late but i would love to know his opinion about his brother latest issues...

My dream interview would be The Undertaker, i would ask him so much questions

onthewall2983
06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Fuck Ring Of Honor.

thevoid99
06-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I've never seen Ring of Honor so what happened?

onthewall2983
06-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Apparently a couple of wrestlers did Benoit tribute spots, which lead the crowd into a Benoit chant. I could be wrong on how blatant it was, but at least fuck the crowd for doing that.

Piko
06-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Well, some people still appreciate what he did for the industry. Completely ignoring the end. His career still deserves some respect, no matter what happened, no matter what he did, as terrible as it was, what he did.

thevoid99
06-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Chris Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers. Still, I don't think I can shake about what he did in the end. He's essentially the elephant that WWE doesn't want to talk about and I don't blame them.

Space Suicide
06-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Fuck Chris Benoit, he was a boring wrestler that had two claims to fame - trained in The Hart Family Dungeon and was excellent with Crippler Crossface submission.

I can't and won't forgive his actions to his wife and son, no matter the reason. It was absurd, insane and uncalled for.

His title reign in 2004 was a snoozefest as well.

Piko
06-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Chris Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers. Still, I don't think I can shake about what he did in the end. He's essentially the elephant that WWE doesn't want to talk about and I don't blame them.

I don't blame them either. Guess I can separate the person from the wrestler. The person fucked up. The wrestler, on the other hand, was very talented. His mic skills were almost nonexistent, but his wrestling was always top notch. I try to leave his ending off to the side. It happened, it still can't ignore it, but I can still be a fan of his wrestling and all work he had done over the years.

Also, there's been wide-speculation that it could've been some kind of post-concussion symptom. They said he brains were scrambled and looked like that of an 80 year. So I take that into consider as well. Doesn't make it any better though.

henryeatscereal
06-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Benoit was an awesome wrestler there's no doubt about it, anyone who thinks different should watch this (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbq23i_chris-jericho-vs-chris-benoit-part_sport)

But it's true that he shouldn't be glorified by his fans, he made something terrible and i dont blame the WWE for not mentioning him ever again (just keeping his records), the guy was my favorite wrestler at the time of his death (imagine how this made me feel), i felt for his family strongly, i think we will never know exactly what happened, i think there are certain things it's better not to know... (side note: the media did a horrible follow-up to his case, it disgusted me who they made him look like the antichrist, and wrestling fans as sadists)
What i can tell you it's that he mean a lot to me and gave me great moments as a fan, and i will always remember him as a wrestler, not as someone who killed his kid (that's a job for the police and the reporters)
Still i agree that his title reign was boring, but that was mostly because poor booking (Eugene VS Benoit for the title? WTF?) the guy was a pro in the ring and one of the best technical wrestlers ever, still i don't glorify his actions and we should leave his case to rest...

onthewall2983
06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Going to Raw tonight. Whoo-hoo.

Piko
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't forget your pillow.

With Benoit, I was a fan since WCW. It's hard to erase so many years as a fan. He did too much in his career for everyone to just forget about it. His ending was horrific, and I rather remember the beginning than the end.

henryeatscereal
06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Going to Raw tonight. Whoo-hoo.
Bring us some T-shirts, lol!

I would love to go sometime, when they recorded RAW live in Mexico City i was short on cash, I want to go either to a RAW or a PPV recording

Kid Charlemagne
06-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Sycho fucking SID!

henryeatscereal
06-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Sycho fucking SID!
Total markout! im loving these RAW vintage-segments, and also Jericho is back! i think tonights RAW was better than last week

onthewall2983
06-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Man it was loud. Probably just because I haven't been to a show in four years (the last time the show came here actually), but the beginning especially was pretty loud. I could barely hear what Vickie was talking about.

All in all an okay night but every four years is fine with me lol.

thevoid99
06-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I was totally marking out for Sid. He looked really good out there. The crowd could've been better. Tonight's Raw was pretty good. AJ is clearly over. She's fuckin' cute.

Space Suicide
06-26-2012, 12:58 PM
I've went to a few shows as far as WWE goes. I went to a house show during the WWE SmackDown!: Wrestlemania Revenge Tour Show in May 2004, a few weeks before Judgment Day. In December 2004 I went to a live RAW taping two weeks after Survivor Series, the RAW that Chris Jericho was the featured General Manager due to his teams win at Survivor Series. He dropped a ton of Hawaiian leis from the ceiling, I still have the one I caught. It's pink haha.

henryeatscereal
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
I was totally marking out for Sid. He looked really good out there. The crowd could've been better. Tonight's Raw was pretty good. AJ is clearly over. She's fuckin' cute.

AJ looked so hot in her "Summer clothes" *drool*

On Topic: My picks for upcoming "Stars from RAW's past":

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rOgTF52WzLo/R7BEqGc4EQI/AAAAAAAAAFs/xX1Ce5rNDno/s400/05Boogeyman_294.jpg

http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/06/cricketers/Billy_Gunn-3.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FhZuNatw-Ns/Sw_zR1v47sI/AAAAAAAAAG8/ESZHJ1NFoq0/s400/028Diesel.jpg

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/steveblackman.jpg

http://wrestlinglatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Big-Daddy-V.jpg

thevoid99
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Oh please bring "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn back and also have him back for the 1000th Raw for a full-on DX reunion with HBK, HHH, X-Pac, and Road Dogg.

onthewall2983
06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
You know as much as I loathe Nickelback and all it stands for, I actually like their song for Raw's theme song because it has a distinct part that reminds me of the original theme way back when.

henryeatscereal
06-27-2012, 10:18 PM
You know as much as I loathe Nickelback and all it stands for, I actually like their song for Raw's theme song because it has a distinct part that reminds me of the original theme way back when.
You mean "Thorn in your Eye"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVIDkgTw4FE

So Badass

onthewall2983
06-27-2012, 10:27 PM
No, even before that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5FqLNCvi-I

Piko
06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Papa Shango!

Space Suicide
06-28-2012, 02:31 AM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111201172031/prowrestling/images/5/58/Kane_2003_Towel_promo.png

Anyone else miss this? The limitless strength, pain, uncontrollable rage and little regard for everything. I just watched a shit ton of 2003 RAW clips with Kane in full effect destroying everything and everyone on RAW.

Conan The Barbarian
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
No, I miss mysterious, demonic , masked Kane. Fuck voice boxes.

Space Suicide
06-28-2012, 12:04 PM
No, I miss mysterious, demonic , masked Kane. Fuck voice boxes.

I miss that too. I love Kane, he's always been and will always be my favorite wrestler. I find how his character interacts or is at times a bit inconsistent and filled with small plot holes in relation to his initial gimmick's origins. I will however say I loved the hell out of his Big Red Monster gimmick he had when he unmasked and went on a rampage and terrorized RAW. He actually seemed like a psychopath. Nothing beats this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkY9d7u7ce4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owUfioAumcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvze0DCwFs8

Space Suicide
06-28-2012, 12:57 PM
This may be a stretch but does anyone also miss Kerwin White? It was so ridiculously funny.

Google it if you don't know who/what I'm taking about.