PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59

ltrandazzo
08-21-2021, 09:00 PM
I think they fucked up Becky’s return. Jesus.

the duder
08-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Quote of the night from Punk during the scrum was where he said AEW feels like home, not a house. That, and his genuine reactions, emotion, and his promo, resonated with me. It's an awesome time to be a fan!

Oh, and l stumbled upon DANHAUSEN last night and I think I've got a new favorite wrestler.

ThinkIcouldburn
08-21-2021, 11:53 PM
Oh, and l stumbled upon DANHAUSEN last night and I think I've got a new favorite wrestler.

Very nice, very evil.

henryeatscereal
08-22-2021, 12:32 AM
Is Summerslam worth watching? I genuinely skipped it because i didn't care much...

Space Suicide
08-22-2021, 08:37 AM
I have no idea how anyone can be unhappy with Punk returning. Right now, on ESPN.com the second headline is "CM Punk makes pro-wrestling return with AEW." Sportscenter covered this. Beyond the fact that CM Punk returned, AEW just dove into the mainstream in an absolutely gigantic way.

Oh, and CM Punk returned as a full-time wrestler and is having a match with Darby Allin in two weeks.

Edit: Also if you have not watched it, watch this:
post show media scrum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8xcyPAxXw).

Punk states that he wants to do what the stars did for him when he was coming up. This isn't WWE bringing in Goldberg, or The Rock, or John Cena, or Hulk Hogan, or Triple H to destroy their top stars for a ratings bump. This is a huge name coming in to actually help build up the young guys. Sure, he's going to win some matches, but in the end, we're going to see people like Darby Allin, Malakai Black, Pac, and MJF becoming bigger names and better wrestlers because they worked with Punk.

I recant everything I stated on the page prior then 100%.

Dryalex12
08-22-2021, 11:19 AM
Is Summerslam worth watching? I genuinely skipped it because i didn't care much...

Other than Brock coming back and looking in the best shape in his life? Not really.

tony.parente
08-22-2021, 11:42 AM
I know this is controversial, but they need Goldberg to win fucking S O M E T H I N G. He’s turned into a jobber. Don’t put him in a title feud we all know he’s gonna lose in.

Dryalex12
08-22-2021, 11:49 AM
Can we also put him in shorter matches? he's not made to go on for that long

RJK
08-22-2021, 12:03 PM
Watching the Punk debut again today and it's amazing because when the music hits you think the crowd literally can't get any louder and then he walks out and it's just off the charts loud! Goosebumps.

RJK
08-22-2021, 05:47 PM
Did anyone else notice that Roman's Universal Championship wasn't the velcro one? Personally very happy about that.
Lashley's title definitely still had the velcro. I wonder if Roman said "this shit is stupid"

the duder
08-22-2021, 09:54 PM
Y'all read/watch any of the Nick Khan interview? https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1429521049872437248

So much to unpack here.

henryeatscereal
08-24-2021, 04:48 PM
They already ruined Karrion Kross? lol...

https://www.ringsidenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/karrion-kross-9994-768x480.jpg

poinoup
08-25-2021, 12:55 AM
He comes the Ax
Here comes the Smasher
Kross on the main roster
Career destruction

the duder
08-25-2021, 04:51 AM
Hear me out: Wyndham and the new fiend show up to AEW, with DANHAUSEN as his minion.

the duder
08-26-2021, 10:41 AM
Why the actual fuck did they have a 62 year old Arn Anderson block Malakai Black's finisher!? That was one of the most protected moves in WWE and here you have a man near retirement age just block and no sell a spin kick? What am I missing?

ThinkIcouldburn
08-26-2021, 01:30 PM
Why the actual fuck did they have a 62 year old Arn Anderson block Malakai Black's finisher!? That was one of the most protected moves in WWE and here you have a man near retirement age just block and no sell a spin kick? What am I missing?
He blocked it, that's not no-selling.

the duder
08-26-2021, 02:05 PM
He blocked it, that's not no-selling.It makes sense, I guess I just don't agree with it. I feel like part of Black's aura is that he can hit that move out of nowhere - like a Judas effect or RKO. I know that Arn had already taken it, and given Arn's background, he probably expected it - hence the block. I just feel like it came across as diminishing the move.

ThinkIcouldburn
08-26-2021, 04:08 PM
I just feel like it came across as diminishing the move.
I get it, but the whole point of that interaction was to get Black the most heat possible. Hence the low blow before connecting on it. I have a feeling they're setting him up to take the TNT title off whomever beats Miro. Judging by who they seem to be giving a face push to at the moment, Sammy Guevara or Jungle Boy. It wouldn't suck to watch those matches.

richardp
08-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Ill say this, Black was really dishing out some hard ass punches to Arn's kid. That was a hell of a beating that kid took.

poinoup
08-26-2021, 08:22 PM
1.17 for Dynamite. Damn, keep it up, boys. It wasn't the strongest episode last night, but not everyone is going to be a home run.

And I think Red Velvet should go back for some more training. She's at the point of botching one move and it throwing her off for the rest of the match. Not a burial, just an observation. I've seen many local dudes the same way.

I didn't mind Arn blocking the kick, he's been in there for years and would have that defensive mind for it. He sold right after, which was perfect. At least it didn't take him three seconds to sell like Mr. Goldberg on Saturday. The Fed has to give up with him, now it's sad.

xfocalinx
08-28-2021, 11:49 AM
As a reminder, I'll be wrestling at "Polyam: Woodstock" today LIVE on twitch.tv/jimsterling

xfocalinx
08-28-2021, 11:13 PM
As a reminder, I'll be wrestling at "Polyam: Woodstock" today LIVE on twitch.tv/jimsterling

Nevermind. There were 4 shows today at location...the event got shut down after the first show. Extremely disappointed... for the record, I 100% was going to cover myself in mud and wrestle in an outfit similar to trent in 94.

ThinkIcouldburn
08-29-2021, 02:27 PM
event got shut down after the first show. Extremely disappointed...

That sucks. Just reading about what happened now. Some people are the absolute worst.

the duder
08-31-2021, 06:14 PM
So excited for Ruby Soho to show up...wherever she shows up. https://twitter.com/realrubysoho/status/1432555205422366730?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1432555205422366730%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cagesideseats.com%2F2021 %2F8%2F31%2F22650164%2Fruby-riott-final-teaser-video-soho-new-york-city-aew

the duder
09-01-2021, 09:19 PM
Great go home episode of Dynamite, minus the lady five minutes. Omega's mic work killed the segment, and in totally ready for the Elite to break up. They've reached go away heat with me.

henryeatscereal
09-01-2021, 09:44 PM
Great go home episode of Dynamite, minus the lady five minutes. Omega's mic work killed the segment, and in totally ready for the Elite to break up. They've reached go away heat with me.
One of the reasons i can't get into AEW is The Elite, i like Cody and Omega, but i can't stand The Young Bucks, i found them annoying since i first saw them in TNA as "Generation Me".

Swykk
09-02-2021, 07:53 AM
You better not be hating on the greatest tag team of all time. I’ll fist fight you lol! I think Kenny rules too.

I love The Elite. It’s actually Cody that’s fallen out of favor with me. Cody 2018-2019 had maybe my favorite matches in wrestling. Now he’s this America First douche that thinks he’s good but is actually the villain. I don’t give a single shit about The Factory or The Nightmare Family. I don’t know why ROH jobber QT Marshall is on TV at all. I wish Cody would go back to 2019 Cody. That dude killed it.

the duder
09-02-2021, 09:14 AM
I get the Bucks' gimmick, and I don't hate them, but as a whole last night's closing sequence was too much. The whole segment fell flat for me. Kenny did a piss poor job of calling action live, on the fly. He said and did nothing of substance other than "HEY! HEY! *JIBBERISH*" *Swings Kendo Stick*; repeat. Because of it, I am not any more invested in any of the matches involving the people in the cage. I think if we just had Omega & the Elite (Bucks, Good Bros, Nakazawa & Cutler) simply decimate the faces and let the commentators do their thing, it would have really helped the segment. Omega's inability to manage the beatdown, and call the action/say anything of substance on the mic, made it feel like a jumbled, underproduced mess.

Swykk
09-02-2021, 01:09 PM
Daffney (Shannon Spruill) took her own life yesterday.

I’m sad she’s gone. I was a big fan of her in WCW. I didn’t get to see a lot of her Indie or Impact stuff.

I don’t judge her at all. Life is very hard when you are alone and in constant mental and physical pain.

I’m just sad she’s gone.

RIP

henryeatscereal
09-02-2021, 03:50 PM
You better not be hating on the greatest tag team of all time. I’ll fist fight you lol! I think Kenny rules too.

I love The Elite. It’s actually Cody that’s fallen out of favor with me. Cody 2018-2019 had maybe my favorite matches in wrestling. Now he’s this America First douche that thinks he’s good but is actually the villain. I don’t give a single shit about The Factory or The Nightmare Family. I don’t know why ROH jobber QT Marshall is on TV at all. I wish Cody would go back to 2019 Cody. That dude killed it.
Funny that Cody "doesn't want to be HHH", but he does everything to be just like him...

I don't get the Bucks, are they heels pretending to be annoying babyfaces? or it's just their "break the rules" attitude?
I recognize their talent, it's just the gimmick i can't get into...

Swykk
09-02-2021, 06:44 PM
My interpretation of what the Bucks are doing now is in the past when they’ve been heels they were funny sociopaths (especially in PWG but also when they were in Bullet Club). Now they’re rich and have power so they’ve become uppity rich assholes. They’re not trying to be cool (like cool for real)…in fact, that’s part of the characters they’re playing. They THINK they’re cool but they’re not. It’s gaudy and ridiculous. They embraced being “sell outs.”

I love the long term booking going on here too. The Bucks didn’t have a lot of success in AEW until they went cheesy evil and joined up with their cheesy evil friend, Kenny Omega, who was also not too successful early in AEW. Adam Page chose to be true to himself, stay good and not sell out but his doubts are being masked with drinking. Someone on Twitter made a great thread about Kenny and Adam. I wish I knew where to find it now but it’s dead on. Kenny and The Bucks took the easy way out.

the duder
09-03-2021, 05:17 AM
I appreciate AEW's focus on telling long term stories, and their ability to weave multiple stories at once. For as much flack as people give the promotion for all of the factions currently in the promotion, factions give us interactions which can lead to great stories.

I'm just at a point where I'm ready to see Kenny and the Bucks get their comeuppance and I'm running out of patience. I don't find them all that entertaining because I don't feel like they are authentically owning those roles. Hangman is different; it truly feels like he's conflicted. Kenny and the Bucks feel like they're just playing the part of obnoxious heels. There's no ownership or authenticity.

Swykk
09-03-2021, 09:33 AM
I think perhaps that’s all going to come to a head soon. Maybe not this Sunday but I think the tide could start turning then. Whether that is the return of Hangman putting the Dark Order back together or some other united force (Bryan Danielson is heavily being teased for Sunday), I don’t know.

Swykk
09-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Holy shit, guys…my All Out seat is amazing. Easily the best for any major wrestling show I have been to. I’m in the row Mox came down; the lower part.

the duder
09-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Awesome! Enjoy the hell out of the show!

I'd definitely be watching right now, but it's my wife and it's sixth wedding anniversary. And our 19 month old is refusing to go to bed. And my wife is at week 39 of pregnancy with our second little girl.

Safe to say, I'll be reading up on the recaps tomorrow!

ltrandazzo
09-05-2021, 10:51 PM
My fucking god. Ruby Soho. Adam Cole. BRYAN DANIELSON. Tomorrow’s Raw has a tall task in front of it.

Space Suicide
09-05-2021, 11:46 PM
Well after reading tonight’s debuts and matches I wonder what the clowns at WWE are gonna aim for now because they should be getting scared of the rising momentum that’s forming here.

ltrandazzo
09-05-2021, 11:48 PM
I bought tonight's PPV, the first wrestling PPV I've bought since Wrestlemania X-8. All Out '21 might have been the best wrestling PPV I've ever seen. What a goddamn show.

ltrandazzo
09-06-2021, 12:24 AM
Fun dynamic I didn't truly realize in the moment until Tony Khan just mentioned it now - Adam Cole was part of those initial Wednesday Night Wars with AEW & NXT so it's kind of crazy that AEW just signed the guy who was the rival company's champion for around 50% of that period. I know we're all super excited about Bryan as well, but Adam Cole is gonna do some great stuff as well. I'm also really excited to see them strap the rocket on Ruby's back and let her fly to the moon. Imagine some of the matches she'll have. What a crazy night in pro wrestling.

poinoup
09-06-2021, 01:06 AM
*Lights cigarette in bed*
Was it as good for you as it was for me? One of the best shows ever, with top 3 cage match of all time. It's a good time to be a fan. All of the debuts and surprises were tremendous tonight, but seeing little Heidi Lovelace get that pop was the most heartwarming.

the duder
09-06-2021, 06:38 AM
This is the first AEW PPV I've missed since the original All In. Just woke up and checked my phone. Channeling my inner Ron Simmons: DAMN!

I am 100% going to watch this show at some point, because, DAMN!

RJK
09-06-2021, 09:29 AM
Obviously at the end of the main event I was expecting Bryan Danielson so when Adam Cole's music/graphic hit I marked out hard. I was literally screaming "It's Adam Cole, it's Adam Fucking Cole Bay Bay!"

Space Suicide
09-06-2021, 10:03 AM
Wish AEW didn't sell DVDs of their PPVs. I've wrestled (HA!) with myself for over half a year about buying some but hate they're not on blu-ray so I've put it off. I want them but part of me thinks they'll never release them on 1080p. The 480p shit quality on DVDs is hilarious in 2021.

ShopAEW has a Labor Day/All Out sale for 20% off. Ends tonight.

MrLobster
09-08-2021, 07:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpFrI10eH0g

the duder
09-10-2021, 07:52 AM
The hits just keep coming for WWE: https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2021/9/9/22665557/aew-dynamite-ratings-sept-8-2021-viewership-bryan-danielson-adam-cole-soho-debut-beat-raw-key-demo

Gable Steveson's signing is big, however AEW still has so much momentum at the moment. With reports of Wyatt - and possibly even KO?! - to AEW, it's going to be a wild 6-12 months.

Space Suicide
09-10-2021, 08:33 AM
The hits just keep coming for WWE: https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2021/9/9/22665557/aew-dynamite-ratings-sept-8-2021-viewership-bryan-danielson-adam-cole-soho-debut-beat-raw-key-demo

Gable Steveson's signing is big, however AEW still has so much momentum at the moment. With reports of Wyatt - and possibly even KO?! - to AEW, it's going to be a wild 6-12 months.

I don't want AEW going down the path of late 2000's TNA by bloating the roster with WWE throwaways, squandered talent and retirees. After the last 3 months I think they should cool it. I legitimately like KO a lot but I don't need him in AEW, he's not gonna bring anything to it for me.

ThinkIcouldburn
09-10-2021, 10:35 PM
I'd very much enjoy KO in AEW. Calling guys who are leaving WWE "throwaways" when they are turning down WWE to go to AEW is so fucking wrong, especially after the mass layoffs due to "budget cuts" of the last two years.

When I watched WWE & NXT, I really enjoyed KO, Alister Black, Daniel Bryan, Adrian Neville, Sammy Zayn, The Undisputed Era, Gargano & Ciampa, Ricochet, & Finn Balor. These guys absolutely have a style that is obviously not welcomed in the WWE anymore. I'd gladly take each and every one in AEW.

Also, a simple reminder that gets forgotten. Tony Kahn's net worth is roughly $7 Billion. Vince Mcmahon is $2 Billion. While he certainly needs to watch AEW's budget, they are not and never will be TNA.

Space Suicide
09-10-2021, 11:01 PM
I'd very much enjoy KO in AEW. Calling guys who are leaving WWE "throwaways" when they are turning down WWE to go to AEW is so fucking wrong, especially after the mass layoffs due to "budget cuts" of the last two years.

When I watched WWE & NXT, I really enjoyed KO, Alister Black, Daniel Bryan, Adrian Neville, Sammy Zayn, The Undisputed Era, Gargano & Ciampa, Ricochet, & Finn Balor. These guys absolutely have a style that is obviously not welcomed in the WWE anymore. I'd gladly take each and every one in AEW.

Also, a simple reminder that gets forgotten. Tony Kahn's net worth is roughly $7 Billion. Vince Mcmahon is $2 Billion. While he certainly needs to watch AEW's budget, they are not and never will be TNA.

I'm a huge fan of mid 2010's NXT. Some of my most favorite AEW roster guys are former NXT superstars (I mean look at my damn avatar). People like Rusev (sure he had moderate success with Aiden English and Rusev Day), Aleister Black and Andrade 'Cien' Almas were always immediately a failure to launch the very moment they made it to SD or RAW. You got other people like Ricochet, Karrion Kross, Keith Lee and Damien Priest who have died on the main roster or will in the future if they haven't already who deserve better also.

Main former WWE signees I immediately applauded were Andrade El Idolo, Malakai Black, Miro, Pac, Ruby Soho and even Jon Moxley way back when. I love Adam Cole and I can't really fault him for signing with AEW given his past connections and the fact his contract lapsed and wasn't released.

I call them "throwaways" because WWE disposed of them after use (some being moderately longtime employees) and AEW has to quickly gobble them up to pad out a roster that was already pretty loaded with solid skill and personality. I say what I do when I post stuff like that because I'd rather see new, fresh independent talent I had never seen before AEW signed instead of Kevin Owens I had seen on and off WWE TV for nearly a decade. Excuse me for wanting to see more Orange Cassidys, MJFs, Brian Pillman Jrs, Jungle Boys, Sammy Guevaras and Darby Allins signed than 2021 Daniel Bryans (I love the guy), Christian Cages (was a big fan in the 2000's) and Paul Wights (I liked Big Show ok in like 2004). No disrespect to them at all but I wanted to watch AEW as a fresh, new product, not be reminded of "hey that guy was on WWE! That sucked!" constantly.

Sue me. I'm sure I'll be facepalmed to hell. There's no easy way to tactfully post this type of thing where it doesn't come off as a curmudgeon.

Swykk
09-11-2021, 07:19 AM
You got facepalmed specifically for KO, who has, like Adam Cole, been friends/coworkers with The Elite long before he was ever in WWE. If he wants to go to AEW, where he will also be utilized better, then there’s no reason not to.

People really really REALLY need to stop with this ex WWE guy bullshit narrative. KO is ex ROH. So is Cole. So is Punk. So is Danielson. Ruby Soho is ex indie. So is Malakai Black (wish he’d just used Tommy End). So is Pac. So is Moxley. Andrade is ex AAA. NONE OF THEM ARE WWE guys. If Wyatt shows up? That’s an ex WWE guy. You’ll have one you can complain about then, I guess. I hope they don’t sign Beef Stroganoff, though. Not just because he’s a big dumb guy but also because he foolishly defended WWE and insulted independent wrestlers last year. Fuck that dumbass hillbilly. Go to Impact, I guess?

This “focus on original AEW talent” thing is also incorrect because it doesn’t exist, really. MJF, Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Brian Pillman Jr, and Darby Allin were all featured on TV this week and they’re all ex indie talent. Everyone you mentioned is ex indie. None are homegrown AEW.

So stop it. You’re just wrong on this.

Look at WWE’s new NXT bullshit if you want “homegrown talent” aka ex football jocks. Most will be sloppy dangerous charisma vacuums (Ridge Holland lol). The last time they did this they got Cena, Orton and Batista out of HUNDREDS of dopey chuds. So have fun with that strategy, Vince. He loves his big dumb guys. They signed that overconfident Olympic guy too. I’m personally already tired of hearing from and about that fucking guy.

Me? I’ll keep on backing the company that loves wrestling and wrestlers, listens to the fans, and keeps growing positively. If more independent/ROH grown talent wants to bail on the shit company making increasingly worse decisions (and has also made it clear they do not value those talents), I’m all for it.

EDIT—I just noticed Miro was in your list. That’s a legit ex WWE guy. You got one there.

ltrandazzo
09-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Space Suicide - I think the main gripe about what you're saying is that it falls into this easy criticism that is short-sighted. We all think of TNA for throwing money at Hogan, Nash, Booker T, Steiner, etc. because there wasn't an ounce of planning put into it from a booking perspective. They overshadowed guys who were young at the time like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, Christian Cage and countless others. The only WWE/WCW guy that made the most sense with that philosophy was Kurt Angle who has some absolute bangers hiding on tape somewhere with some of those aforementioned names.

The common thread that connects all of these names that AEW has signed has been mismanagement from WWE. Some of the other folks like Paul Wight and Mark Henry are gonna be special attractions and not competing regularly. Christian Cage is there to end things on a high note and work with up and coming talent similar to what Punk and Bryan are likely going to do as well.

This is what I see as the difference maker between AEW and the old TNA - Tony Khan. Tony is 100% the son of a billionaire who seemed to learn all of the right lessons growing up who spent his free time collecting wrestling tapes from all over the world from hundreds of different promotions and fantasy booking wrestlers on message boards. He is that accidentally almost perfect combination of who could legitimately challenge Vince and so far, it's been great.

I came back to wrestling when Punk dropped the pipe bomb promo. I've had ups and downs but AEW seems to be really turning into a pro wrestling heaven kind of deal. It's never 100% perfect, but so far, I'd say they're doing a great job. Outside of them not featuring a women's match for the second week in a row, it seems to have caused an accidentally great episode of Smackdown last night. If this raises everyone's game, then we're heading in the right direction to have some fucking great wrestling.

You have to imagine that there will be a bidding war for Windham Rotunda. He was the top merch mover for WWE when they featured him and rolled out new merch. The same can easily be said for Braun Strowman who took crappy wrestling skills and a pretty basic moveset and got over with the crowd. Everyone popped when his music would hit. Where they end up will be interesting but you have to give them a serious look since they can still likely go in the ring.

ltrandazzo
09-14-2021, 06:33 AM
Big E!!!

So so happy for the man and super happy that Kofi and Woods got to share in the moment. E seems like such a good dude and I’m really hoping he has a good run with the title.

Erneuert
09-14-2021, 08:14 AM
This never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q)

the duder
09-14-2021, 11:40 AM
Big E!!!

So so happy for the man and super happy that Kofi and Woods got to share in the moment. E seems like such a good dude and I’m really hoping he has a good run with the title.

I have little, but still SOME faith that they can make sure this is a meaningful and good run. Hoping it coincides with a launch of his "Our Heroes Rock!" project, which is shaping up to be DOPE. https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/03/15/wwe-big-e-our-heroes-rock-black-history

poinoup
09-14-2021, 03:55 PM
NXT's script has been revised "a lot of times" already. Because that always works for Raw and SD. This could be a glorious mess.

And speaking of glorious messes: 1.67 for Raw. Football stikes early.

henryeatscereal
09-14-2021, 04:25 PM
Big E!!!

Nothing against the guy but i never saw him at that level (then again, neither Kofi and the guy was great as champ...), i think Big E has lots of heel potential, i hope he betrays Kofi and Woods and breaks up the New Day for good.

Swykk
09-14-2021, 05:47 PM
I love Big E and I’m happy for him. As usual though, WWE kind of dropped the ball by not having him beat Roman. Oh well. I hope he gets a strong run and they don’t fuck it up like they did with Kofi.

Also, Kevin fucking Dunn is at the NXT show tonight soooooooo…

I really wish I could say nicer things about WWE but they keep giving me reasons not to.

henryeatscereal
09-14-2021, 06:11 PM
Oh my, NXT trainwreck tonight! (could be wrong, but all signs point to that...)

Space Suicide
09-15-2021, 08:09 AM
New Mandy Rose look and Ciampa won the NXT title so there's that.

Unnecessary rebrand and identity update by WWE here.

Most of the new debut people are generic as can be. Tony D'angelo was the only one I remembered because his promo vignette reminded me of Razor Ramon ethnic wiseguy and FBI for the Italian angle.

the duder
09-15-2021, 08:19 AM
New Mandy Rose look and Ciampa won the NXT title so there's that.

Unnecessary rebrand and identity update by WWE here.

Most of the new debut people are generic as can be. Tony D'angelo was the only one I remembered because his promo vignette reminded me of Razor Ramon ethnic wiseguy and FBI for the Italian angle.

Big yikes, hard pass.

Sad to see this as the new NXT.

Swykk
09-15-2021, 09:50 AM
I love Ciampa. Glad he won though it feels like he will be a sacrificial lamb to one of the VKM Big Dumb Guys theme the episode had. At least that’s how it read.

ThinkIcouldburn
09-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Picked up really reasonable tickets to tonight's Dynamite. Pretty excited for my first live wrestling event since King of the Ring in 2001. Just realized that was 20 years ago. Now I'm sad and old.

Space Suicide
09-15-2021, 01:00 PM
Picked up really reasonable tickets to tonight's Dynamite. Pretty excited for my first live wrestling event since King of the Ring in 2001. Just realized that was 20 years ago. Now I'm sad and old.

Old, sure. Sad? Doubtful. Enjoy the show.

henryeatscereal
09-16-2021, 12:18 AM
Big yikes, hard pass.

Sad to see this as the new NXT.
New logo and look are f'n ugly, i get they are trying to get far from the "indie promotion" look, but the new image is so Sports Entertainment, it hurts.

richardp
09-16-2021, 12:55 AM

Yoooo that was a CLASSIC though. That Shane/Kurt match must have been amazing to see in person.

the duder
09-16-2021, 05:29 AM
NYC shows are going to be bonkers. I'm saying Omega/Danielson goes to a TV time remaining draw, with entrances starting at 9:25.

ThinkIcouldburn
09-16-2021, 11:43 AM
Yoooo that was a CLASSIC though. That Shane/Kurt match must have been amazing to see in person.

Absolutely. It was completely insane. The sounds of skull smacking concrete repeatedly. I have zero clue how either of those two men are still walking today.

As a side note, Rampage on Friday will have one of the best interactions I've ever seen between Ruby Soho and Britt Baker.

the duder
09-16-2021, 11:48 AM
Fantasy booked MJF and Wardlow's breakup in NYC: Wardlow costs Max the win, Wardlow steps to him and then boom, *ROOOOOAR*, and Adam Scherr debuts as Max's new muscle. Some interesting angles from there, and hoo boy would the former Braun Strowman get some HEAT.

richardp
09-16-2021, 01:31 PM
Absolutely. It was completely insane. The sounds of skull smacking concrete repeatedly. I have zero clue how either of those two men are still walking today.

As a side note, Rampage on Friday will have one of the best interactions I've ever seen between Ruby Soho and Britt Baker.

Man, I've always wondered if his skull knocking on the concrete echoed through the arena the way the cameras picked up the sound of it. That still to me is one of the most sickening bump I've ever seen in wrestling. Incredible shit.

poinoup
09-16-2021, 03:11 PM
NXT 2.0. Definitely a #2. I see they're giving Rick Steiner's kid the uber push first night out. This is like EWR. They also cut to two different angles of him celebreating the win in the corner. You could tell Dunn wanted to cut to a crowd shot, but there was more audio sweetening than the Thunderdome.

Outside of the ridiculous weddin, it was blah. I think I drop it from rotation immediately.

poinoup
09-17-2021, 10:09 PM
Dynamite goes quick, but the hour Rampages are just perfect. BIG BIG shows next week. It's a good time to be a fan.

poinoup
09-18-2021, 02:56 AM
The DSOTR Plane Ride from Hell fall out... damn.

Dreamer can fuck off with his comments. This is the guy who wanted to shoot Heyman and then himself in the ring at WM 17. I am not making that up.

I went to the Observer a week later and it's almost note for note what happened. So, JR's claim about them not knowing Hall's addictions were that bad is... come on... WCW was making angles out of it.

RJK
09-18-2021, 06:12 AM
I was definitely cringing listening to what Dreamer was saying during the episode. Like have you been in a cave for the last 4 years?

Swykk
09-18-2021, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I have never really liked Jim Ross as a commentator and now that dislike has grown over the last few years into personal as well.

He sticks out like a sore thumb in AEW. They’ve got enough people on the commentary team that want to be there, like the company, know things about the wrestlers (like calling them by their correct names, for example), and most importantly, give a shit.

He needs to go. He’s the worst thing about AEW (Him and QT Marshall/The Factory vs The Nightmare Family aside from Cody vs Black).

richardp
09-18-2021, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I have never really liked Jim Ross as a commentator and now that dislike has grown over the last few years into personal as well.

He sticks out like a sore thumb in AEW. They’ve got enough people on the commentary team that want to be there, like the company, know things about the wrestlers (like calling them by their correct names, for example), and most importantly, give a shit.

He needs to go. He’s the worst thing about AEW (Him and QT Marshall/The Factory vs The Nightmare Family aside from Cody vs Black).

Man, I whole heartedly disagree with all of this.

Swykk
09-18-2021, 03:28 PM
Ross steps on Excalibur, who is 4 million times better than he ever was, pretty regularly. It’s very noticeable. He’s doing the same old shit he always does except now he can’t be bothered to do any research. Schiavone, on the other hand, is doing better work than ever. I’m so impressed by how excellent he is at his job.

But I’m way more offended (lol) that you like QT, richardp.

RJK
09-18-2021, 03:30 PM
Ross steps on Excalibur, who is 4 million times better than he ever was, pretty regularly. It’s very noticeable.And the one time he called him "Mark" on air. Oof

Volband
09-20-2021, 02:23 AM
Man, I whole heartedly disagree with all of this.
How can you enjoy him? I don't watch wrestling regularly, mainly just clips and reading up on what happened where (+occasional podcasts), but I did watch AEW's all out and I just pitied him. It's not his fault that he's old now, but still, he's too old for this now. Listening to him was like watching a toddler making their first steps: I was happy when he managed to finish a train of thought in one go, without getting lost in the wilderness or having multiple goes at it. I think he has fulfilled his initial role at AEW and he should step sideways to a different role. His knowledge is still valuable.

He obviously can't be the literal worst thing in a promotion who has Marko Stunt in their roster, but he does stick out in a bad way.

poinoup
09-20-2021, 08:53 PM
JR should be brought out for special matches only. You can tell the peeps he isn't a fan of though in his voice alone. You can tell he LOATHES Chuck Taylor.

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-owen-hart-foundation-creating-tournament-new-merchandise-353906

This is pretty cool, too.

ThinkIcouldburn
09-22-2021, 05:39 PM
Well I'm excited. Second show in 20 years tonight. (https://twitter.com/photo_bobomb/status/1440800992547651585?s=19)

RJK
09-22-2021, 07:26 PM
Omega and Bryan are going to go for an hour aren't they?

Edit: I hope Bryan didn't separate his shoulder on that buckle bomb

henryeatscereal
09-23-2021, 01:29 PM
Did not see the complete mach for Omega/Bryan, just parts, but i can tell they kicked the shit out of each other...

elevenism
09-23-2021, 10:02 PM
So the second half of the third season of Dark Side of the Ring has begun on Vice.

You can get the first episode, "The Plane Ride From Hell," wherein Ric Flair does a real life Meatspin to a poor flight attendant.

You can watch it on VICE, or watch it on your Vice app if you have cable.

OR, if anyone wants me to get it on Plex, hit me up.

RJK
09-24-2021, 12:24 PM
I can't believe they're going to have Balor bring back the Demon just to have him lose for the first time as the Demon to Roman

tony.parente
09-24-2021, 12:45 PM
I can't believe they're going to have Balor bring back the Demon just to have him lose for the first time as the Demon to Roman

There's gonna be shenanigans.

It's wwe, they don't give satisfying payoffs. I'm surprised the rematch isn't already scheduled for Friday.

henryeatscereal
09-24-2021, 01:05 PM
So the second half of the third season of Dark Side of the Ring has begun on Vice.

You can get the first episode, "The Plane Ride From Hell," wherein Ric Flair does a real life Meatspin to a poor flight attendant.

You can watch it on VICE, or watch it on your Vice app if you have cable.

OR, if anyone wants me to get it on Plex, hit me up.
I saw the "Plane ride from hell" episode, i thought it was pretty good.

I just find it funny how all those things are getting out of hand.
Nobody came out looking good from that episode (except JR and Rob Van Dam), but we've heard those stories for years, we used to applaud Ric Flair and now he's the antichrist? man... he DID something bad don't get me wrong, but lots of wrestlers have done far worse and nobody is "cancelling them" (i guess it's a matter of time).
I think by far the worst thing in that flight, was Lesnar's/Henning fight, they could've killed everyone on the flight just because a stupid fight.

Swykk
09-26-2021, 06:52 AM
May need to get myself one of those Superkliq shirts

Space Suicide
09-26-2021, 02:52 PM
Wonder what Extreme Rules brings us tonight besides nothing that fits the title of the PPV. Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor is it (looks like The Demon is gonna get his first loss ever). The rest are standard rules (so far) so how on earth is this extreme or no DQ? Lame.

poinoup
09-26-2021, 10:46 PM
Hahahahahahah (repeat forever)

ltrandazzo
09-26-2021, 11:11 PM
Great matches with bad endings, especially Bianca/Becky and Reigns/Balor. Especially Balor. Dunno where Finn goes from here other than out of WWE. Alexa getting caught with the alka seltzer on the ramp was horrible production. Missable show.

henryeatscereal
09-27-2021, 12:12 AM
So glad i didn't watch this...

Volband
09-27-2021, 12:21 AM
Wonder what Extreme Rules brings us tonight besides nothing that fits the title of the PPV. Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor is it (looks like The Demon is gonna get his first loss ever). The rest are standard rules (so far) so how on earth is this extreme or no DQ? Lame.
Didn't Samoa Joe beat The Demon before?

As for the ppv, that sounds like a must-listen from Cornette.

Swykk
09-27-2021, 01:31 PM
Having a good laugh at Twitter WWE bubble fans poorly trying to say the Usos are better than The Young Bucks. That’s so illogical.
The Bucks are better in every way. They’re more innovative and more influential. They’ll go down as one of the best tag teams ever.

The Usos will be lucky to make the top 25. Or even be in ANY conversation that doesn’t start with Roman or their dad, which is yet another facet. The Bucks made themselves. They weren’t grandfathered in.

tony.parente
09-27-2021, 01:53 PM
The royal rumble is taking place in STL basically across the street from where I work. Parking is gonna be easy peasy.

MrLobster
09-27-2021, 10:11 PM
Watched the Chris Kanyon epsiode... and I wonder, like... what did Jericho add to it?

richardp
09-28-2021, 09:34 PM
My friend and I bought tickets to Dynamite in November this morning. 9th row floor on the aisle. I'm so excited, man. This will be my first event of any kind since the Pandemic started; first wrestling event since 2018; and first time I've been this excited to go to a wrestling event since Backlash in 2002.

poinoup
09-29-2021, 12:57 PM
https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-dedicating-wednesdays-dynamite-rochester-brodie-lee-354811

Tremendous.

RJK
09-29-2021, 01:53 PM
I'm going to be at Dynamite tonight. This is probably going to be emotional as fuck

henryeatscereal
09-29-2021, 09:41 PM
https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-dedicating-wednesdays-dynamite-rochester-brodie-lee-354811

Tremendous.
I hope Bray Wyatt shows up...

ThinkIcouldburn
09-30-2021, 11:26 AM
I hope Bray Wyatt shows up...

Still under non-compete for a few more weeks.

the duder
10-04-2021, 06:17 AM
Finally got around to watching Omega v Danielson last night and that was the fastest 30 minutes I can remember. Absolutely worthy of all the hype.

poinoup
10-07-2021, 04:05 AM
Ya wanna know what's really fun and easy to watch? AEW Dynamite. What a show tonight... again.

Hot take, I know.

richardp
10-07-2021, 09:30 AM
Adam Page's return and that sick ass table bump were soooo good. Also that opening tag match? Fuck man, we continue to get PPV level wrestling shows for free every week and it blows my mind. I'm so excited to find out what matches I end up getting at my Dynamite taping next month.

the duder
10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
So I'm a big fan of Adam Page, and I'm honestly shocked that there hasn't been any mention of the weight of a moniker like "hangman". Like, in 2021. Am I alone in this?

RJK
10-13-2021, 06:40 PM
So I'm a big fan of Adam Page, and I'm honestly shocked that there hasn't been any mention of the weight of a moniker like "hangman". Like, in 2021. Am I alone in this?At least he dropped the noose part of his gimmick.

poinoup
10-20-2021, 11:11 PM
NXT 2.0 is such a dumpster fire, but it hasn't reached 2000 Thunder levels yet. I was sick of BBrroonn Bbrreeaakkeerr week one. I do hope Jacy Jayne is doing alright after the tope suicida. That's proof that we don't need those every match, and it makes the ladder match next week even more dangerous to do.

I have really minor training in a ring, and that's something I would never do for fear of just that. It's enough bumping in one of the indys' ring around here.

henryeatscereal
10-21-2021, 01:19 AM
I don't care much for NXT 2.0, but it's not as bad as i thought, it's just FCW all over again, they changed the "indie" look for a "Family look", it's just OK, i don't care for Bronn Breaker either, but he's a more fitting champion for this format
NXT used to be my favorite WWE product, meh

the duder
10-27-2021, 10:13 PM
This made my night. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211028/85705cb132f916d177fbed3b1fa4351b.jpg

RJK
10-27-2021, 11:49 PM
This made my night. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211028/85705cb132f916d177fbed3b1fa4351b.jpgWell ROH is going on hiatus and releasing everyone who's contract ends at the end of year. Soooo...

richardp
11-03-2021, 11:11 PM
So the MJF/Darby promo happened RIGHT in front of me tonight at Dynamite. That was fucking awesome. After cameras stopped rolling Tony came out and talked about Brodie and Mox for a bit, and then Danielson did a bit with Justin Roberts acting like he was going to choke him out with his tie again. Kinda was hoping for a dark match but whatever. Literally have not had that much fun at a wrestling event since I went to Backlash in 2002.

henryeatscereal
11-05-2021, 12:35 AM
WWE releases 18 superstars including Keith Lee and Karrion Kross (https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1200317-wwe-releases-18-superstars-including-nia-jax-keith-lee-more)

I'm so glad i don't watch their product anymore.

Space Suicide
11-05-2021, 08:55 AM
WWE releases 18 superstars including Keith Lee and Karrion Kross (https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1200317-wwe-releases-18-superstars-including-nia-jax-keith-lee-more)

I'm so glad i don't watch their product anymore.

I'm not even trying to be a hater here but...

Why even bother with the time, money and likes of people like Karrion Kross/Scarlett and Frankie Monet (Taya Valkyrie) when you weren't even gonna go the distance. Valkyrie debuted only this February! Not even a year! Why waste the time and money on their end?

I love how Keith Lee never got a shot on the main roster after last year. I remember seeing/hearing that they were all like OMG! Keith "Bearcat" Lee is a GREAT RAW Draft Pick! WOW!!! Not even a month later and he's unemployed. Fucking stupid.

They are making this product harder and harder to even watch 5 minute clips from. I'm just waiting for Toni Storm to finally be let go and go to bigger pastures because her WWE run post 2021 is fucking trash. Once Alexa Bliss (doubtful) and a few of the other women go I am done with WWE again. That's all that keeps me watching. Their men's division needs variety and help. I'm tired of Shield boys constantly in main event.

henryeatscereal
11-05-2021, 01:53 PM
I'm not even trying to be a hater here but...

Why even bother with the time, money and likes of people like Karrion Kross/Scarlett and Frankie Money (Taya Valkyrie) when you weren't even gonna go the distance. Valkyrie debuted only this February! Not even a year! Why waste the time and money on their end?

I love how Keith Lee never got a shot on the main roster after last year. I remember seeing/hearing that they were all like OMG! Keith "Bearcat" Lee is a GREAT RAW Drafte Pick! WOW!!! Not even a month later and he's unemployed. Fucking stupid.

They are making this product harder and harder to even watch 5 minute clips from. I'm just waiting for Toni Storm to finally be let go and go to bigger pastures because her WWE run post 2021 is fucking trash. Once Alexa Bliss (doubtful) and a few of the other women go I am done with WWE again. That's all that keeps me watching. Their men's division needs variety and help. I'm tired of Shield boys constantly in main event.
I agree, i wasn't even a hater of the WWE, but they drove me off their product a long time ago.

And i'm not even the "biggest" AEW fan, but i understand their success, they actually give the fans what they want.
The WWE keeps telling the fans they "listen to them", and prove time and time again they don't.

- If you can't find a way to make money with someone like Keith Lee, Karrion Kross and Ember Moon there's something wrong with you, not the talent.
- I'm not a fan of Nia Jax, but it's similar to Braun Strowman, why invest so much time and money on her?, just to release them like they are nothing...
- I can't believe Vince couldn't see anything on a hot blonde like Scarlett Bordeaux
- Mia Yim is actually talented, she never got a chance, just like the others
- I'm not surprised for the "Lucha house party" guys, actually i'm glad for them, now they can show their real talent, instead on doing stupid "piñata stuff" on WWE.

I know most of this is to pay for Lesnar's salary, he's great, but is he really worth it? It seems all part timers are doing more harm than good...

Space Suicide
11-05-2021, 01:57 PM
I've read people that weren't vaccinated were released here. Who knows though, do with it what you will.

henryeatscereal
11-05-2021, 02:02 PM
I've read people that weren't vaccinated were released here. Who knows though, do with it what you will.
That doesn't justify firing people like Bray Wyatt, Braun, Rusev, even before that...

Sounds like a bullshit excuse to me and why straight fire them? couldn't they suspend them???

Swykk
11-05-2021, 08:20 PM
I didn’t want to even mention the releases because I’m sure I sound like a broken record but here goes the recap…

You all probably know I grew up loving WWF and that started to fade gradually over time starting around 2009 and it got to the point where I was only watching NXT and getting super bummed when wrestlers were “called up.” Then NXT started to suck too; seems like Gargano vs Ciampa was the end of the good times there.

When AEW came around, I was already way into The Elite, and I connected instantly with AEW. That love has only grown. I will always dig a lot of the talent in WWE but I can’t watch them push awful ex football big dumb guys and treat most everyone I loved from PWG and ROH like shit. I’m very happy for New Day. Woods as KOTR and E as champion are good decisions.

Another thing is the difference in how the two companies are ran. Upper management in WWE, specifically Vince, Stephanie, Kevin, Nick, and Hunter are all huge pieces of shit too. They hate wrestling. They hate wrestling fans more. Their creative team are purposely screened to not be fans coming in. Tony Khan loves wrestling. He’s a huge fan. He rewards wrestling fans. Whatever input Omega, The Bucks, Rhodes, and Jericho have seems to be positive a lot of the time. I know which I prefer.

So these releases are awful except I’m not so mad about them losing the unsafe antivaxxer Q pilled Nia and the All MAGA Everything Eva.

I will be shocked if AEW doesn’t pick up Keith Lee, Mia Yim, Kross, and Scarlett. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Taya there either. I sincerely hope Kevin and Sami leave WWE in January. Would love to see them again.

Honestly, I’m so tired of hating WWE. It does me no good. I don’t like being angry especially at something I have no control over. It’s just so disappointing.

EDIT: Make sure you watch the Punk/Kingston promo from tonight’s Rampage because it was fucking magick.

henryeatscereal
11-05-2021, 11:29 PM
EDIT: Make sure you watch the Punk/Kingston promo from tonight’s Rampage because it was fucking magick.
I just watched it, i was impressed with Kingston mic skills!

richardp
11-08-2021, 01:14 PM
That Kingston / CM Punk promo on Rampage was fucking incredible. Not only did they make the segment extremely believable, but the fact that Kingston was able to turn Punk heal in about 30 seconds flat was truly remarkable. If that wasn't the best in ring promo I've seen in years, it was at least very high up there.

Dryalex12
11-08-2021, 01:18 PM
I didn’t want to even mention the releases because I’m sure I sound like a broken record but here goes the recap…

You all probably know I grew up loving WWF and that started to fade gradually over time starting around 2009 and it got to the point where I was only watching NXT and getting super bummed when wrestlers were “called up.” Then NXT started to suck too; seems like Gargano vs Ciampa was the end of the good times there.

When AEW came around, I was already way into The Elite, and I connected instantly with AEW. That love has only grown. I will always dig a lot of the talent in WWE but I can’t watch them push awful ex football big dumb guys and treat most everyone I loved from PWG and ROH like shit. I’m very happy for New Day. Woods as KOTR and E as champion are good decisions.

Another thing is the difference in how the two companies are ran. Upper management in WWE, specifically Vince, Stephanie, Kevin, Nick, and Hunter are all huge pieces of shit too. They hate wrestling. They hate wrestling fans more. Their creative team are purposely screened to not be fans coming in. Tony Khan loves wrestling. He’s a huge fan. He rewards wrestling fans. Whatever input Omega, The Bucks, Rhodes, and Jericho have seems to be positive a lot of the time. I know which I prefer.

So these releases are awful except I’m not so mad about them losing the unsafe antivaxxer Q pilled Nia and the All MAGA Everything Eva.

I will be shocked if AEW doesn’t pick up Keith Lee, Mia Yim, Kross, and Scarlett. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Taya there either. I sincerely hope Kevin and Sami leave WWE in January. Would love to see them again.

Honestly, I’m so tired of hating WWE. It does me no good. I don’t like being angry especially at something I have no control over. It’s just so disappointing.

I love that you assume Hunter hates the fans and wrestling and yet, you also said you only watched NXT, which was Hunter's baby and probably one of the reasons why it was so good. It's no surprise it started to tank we they got rid of him there

the duder
11-08-2021, 01:26 PM
It would be really something if, somehow, WWE decided to purchase ROH and turn it over exclusively to Hunter.

Swykk
11-08-2021, 01:42 PM
They never got rid of Hunter, but he did use it to try and remake himself into something he isn’t and never had been; a benevolent figurehead that just wanted to give back. He is a politicking egomaniac that screwed over anyone that was better than his mid card ass and that’s all he will ever be. Just like Stephanie tried to rehab her image with the Women’s revolution, Hunter used NXT. “Getting the rub one picture at a time with actual talented wrestlers, brother, but I gotta go over Sting for that big Mania payday.” It’s optics.

I watched NXT for the talent when I did. It declined long before his health issues. His father in law and his wife hate wrestling. Why would we assume any differently with Hunter? He’s lashed out at fans in the not so recent past.

Nice try, though.

ThinkIcouldburn
11-08-2021, 01:44 PM
I no longer believe either Vince or WWE want to give anything to Hunter. I used to think that Vince would gradually turn over the company to Steph and Hunter as he got older, but it has become apparent that he wants the company run his way, and only his way. He's either going to split the company's shares among his team of executives at the time of his death, or he's going to sell the company. There is no longer any sign that Hunter is being groomed to take over.

henryeatscereal
11-08-2021, 02:00 PM
I no longer believe either Vince or WWE want to give anything to Hunter. I used to think that Vince would gradually turn over the company to Steph and Hunter as he got older, but it has become apparent that he wants the company run his way, and only his way. He's either going to split the company's shares among his team of executives at the time of his death, or he's going to sell the company. There is no longer any sign that Hunter is being groomed to take over.
Yes, all the firings sound more to "kill the NXT stench", than "keep the WWE safe", because "those guys didn't vaccinate" (still not buying it...)

Seems Hunter lost most of his power (at least creative) in WWE, he's being "punished" for losing the "Wednesday- night wars".

Swykk
11-08-2021, 02:11 PM
He could leave anytime he wants if that’s true.

If what you’re all saying is true, why wouldn’t he leave and try to buy ROH or just start his own thing? Once he recovers, I bet he does nothing of the sort.

Money is probably one reason and the other is he is not this guy a lot of you think he is.

Dryalex12
11-08-2021, 02:44 PM
They never got rid of Hunter, but he did use it to try and remake himself into something he isn’t and never had been; a benevolent figurehead that just wanted to give back. He is a politicking egomaniac that screwed over anyone that was better than his mid card ass and that’s all he will ever be. Just like Stephanie tried to rehab her image with the Women’s revolution, Hunter used NXT. “Getting the rub one picture at a time with actual talented wrestlers, brother, but I gotta go over Sting for that big Mania payday.” It’s optics.

I watched NXT for the talent when I did. It declined long before his health issues. His father in law and his wife hate wrestling. Why would we assume any differently with Hunter? He’s lashed out at fans in the not so recent past.

Nice try, though.

It's just what I've seen is all. There is no need to sound so haughty with that "nice try" shit, it was just my honest opinion for what I've seen. Granted I haven't been paying too much attention so, hey I could be wrong. There are better ways of responding and you know, trying to educate me on the topic than just saying "Nice try." It's really hard to say what is going behind those closed doors. I don't think we will really see a change until Vince finally kicks the bucket.

Swykk
11-08-2021, 05:31 PM
If it’s education you’re looking for, look at how he acted after he married his way into world champion runs. He never earned it. He held down every person he “worked with” that he felt threatened by—RVD, Jericho, Kane, and Booker T just to name a few. He was such a little bitch that he’d even run over people he didn’t need to like Tajiri and The Hurricane, whom The Rock worked with and was generous with. He was always so jealous of The Rock, whom he and Shawn attempted to ruin as well.
Then when he transitioned out of being full time, he did everything he could to kill CM Punk’s run when he was having his momentum in 2011 (also tried to kill any hope Punk had of rising up to begin with because he literally got jealous when Philly chanted louder for Punk than they did for him and Shawn during a Survivor Series team match in 2008). There was also no reason for him to go over Sting in their Wrestlemania match, other than the bullshit politics he is notorious for.

As for NXT, I’ve already explained he’s an egomaniac and like his wife, he saw an opportunity to rehab his image and it largely worked except for those hilariously on brand pictures he has to take with everyone he signed because he desperately needs that rub. When NXT started declining, he would get snippy at press conferences and such about how it’s the fans being too smart or even more funny, he’d deny being shaken by AEW. Classic McMahon family shit on the denial part. And I’ll say it again, we’ll see what happens when he is better, but I bet he does nothing and maybe even talks about how much he likes his new role.

elevenism
11-08-2021, 10:23 PM
I saw Marty Jannety talking about PRETTY much being involved in a fucking sexual assault on Luna Vachon the other day.
I LOVED The Rockers. They were like, the highest fliers of the last era I REALLY cared about.

I'd never heard him in a shoot interview like that. He sounds like he hit his head one too many times. He talks like Larry the Cable Guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7EZX3q0odo

henryeatscereal
11-09-2021, 11:51 AM
I saw Marty Jannety talking about PRETTY much being involved in a fucking sexual assault on Luna Vachon the other day.
I LOVED The Rockers. They were like, the highest fliers of the last era I REALLY cared about.

I'd never heard him in a shoot interview like that. He sounds like he hit his head one too many times. He talks like Larry the Cable Guy.
Jannety has been a trainwreck for a few years, the guy even has claimed murdering someone (then saying it was a work...), having offers to star in a porn flick and having sex with underage girls (after comparing them with their daughters...).

I don't think half of what he says, but it's clear the guy doesn't know how to get attention, this Luna story (that could be true or could be bull), it's yet another example...

I hope the guy gets the help he needs.

the duder
11-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Meanwhile, Eddie Kingston is over here becoming the biggest face in the industry.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/eddie-kingston-aew-wrestling

henryeatscereal
11-12-2021, 01:54 PM
Meanwhile, Eddie Kingston is over here becoming the biggest face in the industry.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/eddie-kingston-aew-wrestling
I heard about him, but never saw his work until AEW, i'm very impressed with his promo skills, i think the guy could be huge...

poinoup
11-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Cannot wait for tomorrow. Here's to Page being the first dude to kick out of the One Winged Angel... I hope. It's time for that pop.

Also, who saw Lee Moriarty making the front page of Pitchfork? Good on the dude, he was a standout WM weekend.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/what-professional-wrestling-prodigy-lee-moriarty-is-listening-to-right-now/

Swykk
11-13-2021, 02:27 PM
Very excited for Full Gear as well. Not really a bad match (on paper) to be found on the card.

My picks:

Idolo/Black
Jurassic Express
Thinking “No Contest” between Punk and Kingston
MJF
Inner Circle
Lucha Bros
Danielson
Baker
Hangman

ThinkIcouldburn
11-13-2021, 11:21 PM
I was predicting a CM Punk heel turn, but I didn't expect him to turn this hard! (https://streamja.com/jqak4)

SM Rollinger
11-14-2021, 08:38 AM
Holy fuckin shit, that was easily the best wrestling show I have ever been to, and one of the best I have ever seen, in person or otherwise. A few points:

-minnesota snow storms suck, not a lot of accumulation but blowing wet snow made the drive up difficult, visibility was terrible.

-just seeing Tony schiavone and Jim Ross, the voices of my childhood, almost me tear up like the mark that I am. I have said this before but the part of my brain that knows wresting is a work, shuts down when I am at said events, and it's fuckin real to me and I start shouting like a maniac (probably also because I can't do the same at concerts because taping, but I digress...)

-mjf and Darby tore the place down, killer opening match. That missed coffin drop onto the apron, mjfs pile driver on the apron and that one legged back breaker, friggin brutality. I was hoping Darby was gonna go over, but it doesn't matter because the best wrestling matches make you not care who won, just the fact you witnessed wrestlers beat the hell out of each other. And I got to see one of my childhood heroes, sting!

-if it seemed like the crowd was indifferent towards Bryan's win, it's because the target center was HOT for Miro! I'm not sure what it came across like on ppv but there was just as many, if not more, people chanting for Miro than Bryan. Another awesome match, I've seen both these guys at WWE events but never together and never allowed to work like they did. I do wonder if Moxley would have gone over or turned heel if he hadn't gone to rehab, but we will never know.

-the jurassic express/christian vs superkliq was so over the top, high spot after high spot, tons of drama, and actual storytelling in the ring. That shooting star press (?) Lucha did off the entryway was INSANE. Ladder bumps, table spots,friggin THUMBTACKS. When Christian was fighting in the audience, that was in the section right below where I was seated. So rad, and the crowd singing along to Tarzan Boy before and after the match, just had such positive and energetic vibes, I don't think that could have came across on tv but it was just so cool being in the crowd for it.

-i got back into wrestling right after punk walked so I never thought I would see him wrestle! And the blood, he had the crazy eyes and looked like a madman! Adam Cole had gotten busted open during his match and I wasn't expecting to see another Crimson Mask!

-I hit the mech booth pretty late so all I bought was a logo patch. That's ok because I'm going to The Electric Fetus later today so Ill save my $

So I decided to beat the crowd after the Punk match, and I'm glad I did. As I was heading towards the front entrance escalators of the Target Center, about 20 feet or so, I see someone still in their ring gear with their luggage heading towards the entrance, and at first I thought it might be a cosplayer but as I get closer I realize it's fucking Sting. I'm in my Cactus Jack "wanted: dead" shirt and as we pass each other I'm star struck in the same way before the Tension 2013 show when Robin offered me a slice of pizza. I don't want to bug him so all I can say "hey". He says "hey" back and I reach out for a fist bump, and the Stinger responds in kind, and we both keep walking our ways. Fuckin unreal, one of my all time favorite wrestlers in a totally random encounter.

Overall it was a KILLER (and long!) night of wrestling, and I left not feeling the slightest bit disappointed (unlike WWE shows, where I have either nodded off at some point, had my intelligence insulted, witnessed shitty finishes, etc.) 11 out of 10, definitely buying the home video release of this show when it comes out. I'm preaching to the choir here, but if you have a chance to go to an AEW show do it.

https://youtu.be/7RLGExg5yZU

the duder
11-18-2021, 10:30 PM
Good grief. https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/11/18/22790609/wwe-releases-tegan-nox-john-morrison-hit-row-jaxson-ryker-drake-maverick-slapjack#comments

poinoup
11-18-2021, 11:13 PM
https://i.ibb.co/18kP3zD/FEhh-F7-IVc-AIl-NIu.jpg
(https://ibb.co/3BnjwRD)

henryeatscereal
11-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Good grief. https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/11/18/22790609/wwe-releases-tegan-nox-john-morrison-hit-row-jaxson-ryker-drake-maverick-slapjack#comments
Those guys didn't vaccinate either?

I'm sure the WWE fired them because of that, since they are so worried about the safety of their talent...

poinoup
11-21-2021, 10:41 PM
Those expensive egg segments were bad timing...

Here's my review of the main:

"Ok, they're in the ring. The camera keeps on moving. I think they're looking for an egg or something, I don't know, I wasn't listening. Nothing's happening, nothing's happening. Something about The Rock. Nothing's happening. It's over, a lot of people in the audience look pissed."

henryeatscereal
11-22-2021, 11:12 AM
Read about the "Egg thing", WTF

thelastdisciple
11-22-2021, 01:43 PM
I'm becoming a big Damian Priest stan, anyone else love to watch this guy?

the duder
11-24-2021, 06:44 AM
More on the fan who jumped Rollins. Sad all around. https://www.cagesideseats.com/2021/11/24/22799998/rumor-roundup-nov-24-2021-ronda-rousey-wwe-contract-status-rollins-attacker-details-forbidden-door

RJK
11-25-2021, 10:20 AM
That Punk MJF promo [emoji50]

https://youtu.be/SPAAKVDDEUU

Space Suicide
11-25-2021, 10:30 AM
That Punk MJF promo [emoji50]

https://youtu.be/SPAAKVDDEUU

It was good.

Seeing AEW Dynamite/Rampage in Greensboro on December 22nd. THEN I get to attend (when I buy ticket) to Battle of the Belts on January 8th in Charlotte! Between these two shows and Fight for the Fallen when I went back in July I have seen AEW live televised shows 3 times in the span of 6 months.

I am attending WrestleCade this Saturday at Winston Salem for the Meet and Greets! Gonna meet Malakai Black for a photo and autograph. I'll post it here like a little fanboy I'm sure.

henryeatscereal
11-25-2021, 12:19 PM
Actually, MJF got the best of Punk in that one!

richardp
11-25-2021, 12:43 PM
Such an incredible Promo. I'm loving seeing Punk be able to get the absolute best out of the people he's sharing a mic with. He's clearly not just doing in ring work with the new talent BTS, but mic work as well. I was so wrapped up in it I didn't realize it went 25 minutes until half way through that first commercial break.

Also, that Jamie Hayter Thunderosa match was so good. That fucking slap heard round the world from Thunderosa was something to behold.

Space Suicide
11-28-2021, 12:31 PM
I look bad in most of the photos due to being caught off guard but thems the breaks. What a time! I would go again next year now that I know about how recurring it is and only 45 minutes away and 10 minutes from my girlfriends house.

CW1FWPkrbmE

Scroll through the photos to see everyone I met.

Swykk
11-28-2021, 03:25 PM
Nah dude, you look happy.

As for that spectacular Punk/MJF promo, I think Punk won because MJF’s first round felt a bit weak to me (he did much better on the second go round). It was a great segment; didn’t feel like 22 minutes.

the duder
12-13-2021, 08:17 PM
Considering buying tickets for Revolution. We're thinking of a family trip to Orlando during that time frame and my wife, a total non wrestling fan, was open to the idea. Tickets go on sale the 17th, so we've got a few days to think about it.

the duder
12-22-2021, 09:47 AM
Well, I missed out on the pre-sale tix for Revolution. Can always get hosed on StubHub if I decide to go.

Really interested in tonight's Dynamite. Have a feeling the Briscoes and Brody King will be making their debuts with KOR being a solid maybe.

Space Suicide
12-22-2021, 10:53 AM
About to leave for my outing then go to Dynamite/Rampage in Greensboro tonight.

Space Suicide
12-22-2021, 07:26 PM
And just like that….

Undisputed Era reunited..

Swykk
12-23-2021, 07:57 AM
And just like that….

Undisputed Era reunited..

Yeah, dude. You got a fantastic Dynamite! That was a really good show.

the duder
12-23-2021, 10:51 AM
That main event was bonkers. Effing Sting, man. And that dive from MJF scared the shit out of me, and apparently Cash and the ref.

Salivating at the potential singles matches between KOR and Daniel Garcia, Malaki Black, Punk, Sammy, Bryan...

And reDragon vs Penta and Fenix, FTR, the Bucks, Butcher and Blade...

Such a fun time to be a fan!

richardp
01-01-2022, 11:42 PM
The Women's street fight on Rampage last night was absolutely bonkers. Bunny getting legitimately decimated by those brass knuckles really elevated that match. Goddamn, the way the blood was spurting out onto the table at one point, it reminded me of Eddie in that one match against JBL.

Fucking hell, I love AEW.

ThinkIcouldburn
01-02-2022, 10:58 AM
It definitely elevated all four of the women in that match, which is awesome. Reminded me of the Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa match which forced me to take both of them more seriously.

Swykk
01-05-2022, 03:48 PM
A bunch of Preparation H NXT crew were let go today including Regal.

Who in their right mind would fire William Regal?

That place sucks and Paul will keep his mouth shut. He doesn’t care. He never did. It’s only ever been about PR and stroking his own ego. I keep telling you guys…

henryeatscereal
01-06-2022, 12:11 AM
Regal has been in the company since the 2000's, that's crazy...

Swykk
01-06-2022, 07:40 AM
Best wishes on speedy recoveries to Rey Fenix, who has had bad luck with injuries recently, and Jake Atlas as well.

richardp
01-13-2022, 06:32 PM
Im so stoked they finally moved Britt over to the Super Elite. It's about damn time.

the duder
01-14-2022, 05:44 AM
This promo from FTR tho...[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
https://www.instagram.com/daxharwood/tv/CYp3x0ghC9U/?utm_medium=copy_link

ThinkIcouldburn
01-21-2022, 10:00 AM
It's an absolute miracle that Raw and Smackdown haven't been renamed every other year for the past two decades.

Swykk
01-21-2022, 02:42 PM
What a promo by Moxley and an all around banger of a Dynamite. I’m supposed to be at the Chicago one coming up where I imagine Punk will finally get his hands on MJF.

richardp
01-22-2022, 12:12 AM
What a promo by Mosley and an all around banger of a Dynamite. I’m supposed to be at the Chicago one coming up where I imagine Punk will finally get his hands on MJF.

Has anyone online figured out what the guy in the crowd shouted at the beginning of the promo?

the duder
01-22-2022, 06:45 AM
According to Meltzer (https://www.ringsidenews.com/2022/01/20/jon-moxley-was-called-a-drunk-by-fan-before-dropping-the-f-bomb-on-aew-dynamite/) the guy said something along the lines of "get this drunken piece of trash out of the ring".

richardp
01-22-2022, 12:42 PM
Ugh the worst kind of wrestling fan.

ThinkIcouldburn
01-22-2022, 02:25 PM
It was actually "Someone call a garbage truck and get this piece of trash out of the ring." So I don't think the guy actually went there. Nevertheless, know the moment.

the duder
01-26-2022, 09:29 PM
So excited about this!!!
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1486532166477565953?t=PV0XpHBMyN5rhCWc7vGSMg&s=19

Space Suicide
01-26-2022, 10:04 PM
So excited about this!!!
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1486532166477565953?t=PV0XpHBMyN5rhCWc7vGSMg&s=19

Same, if my avatar didn’t give it away.

ThinkIcouldburn
01-26-2022, 11:21 PM
That cutter from the top of the ladder. Holy shit. Quite the episode tonight.

Swykk
01-27-2022, 11:50 AM
Fuuuuuck, I’m super psyched for next week. Not only Punk vs MJF but Kings Of The Black Throne vs Death Triangle.

the duder
01-30-2022, 03:28 PM
Are we at peak WWE?
https://deadspin.com/wwe-is-truly-lost-1848448904

RJK
01-30-2022, 04:13 PM
The only wrestling I've been watching for the last 6 months is AEW but Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV so I watched Smackdown and the Rumble and God was that absolutely garbage. Roman vs Seth was good but it was obvious Seth was not going to win the title. Women's Rumble just highlighted that they don't have a Women's division to fill 30 spots. And Men's Rumble had zero surprises that interested me. (I guess Drew coming back was a big deal but I didn't even know he was gone) I guess I'm still back for Mania but damn the WWE product isn't for me.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ThinkIcouldburn
01-30-2022, 05:47 PM
It really blows my mind how many potential mega starts WWE has completely squandered through utter incompetence.

richardp
01-30-2022, 06:25 PM
I don't see how anyone could have spent money to attend that and not left feeling ripped off and taken for a sucker.

Space Suicide
01-30-2022, 08:45 PM
Not sure anyone wanted Ronda Rousey back?

I'd be pissed if I was the other women. Worked through improvements, the pandemic, NXT, etc. and you lose a prestigious match to a 3 move hack who was given EVERYTHING during her first run in 2018 (including the title) who left in 2019 after ONE loss and fucked off for 3 years to return and win. Come on dude.

Lesnar winning is also dumb and boring, you didn't need him to win RR for a stupid rematch against Roman.

richardp
01-30-2022, 09:27 PM
Not sure anyone wanted Ronda Rousey back?

I'd be pissed if I was the other women. Worked through improvements, the pandemic, NXT, etc. and you lose a prestigious match to a 3 move hack who was given EVERYTHING during her first run in 2018 (including the title) who left in 2019 after ONE loss and fucked off for 3 years to return and win. Come on dude.

Lesnar winning is also dumb and boring, you didn't need him to win RR for a stupid rematch against Roman.

All I could think about when she returned and everyone in the crowd was losing their minds was, how did you all forget that only like a year ago she was saying wrestling fans were idiots and the sport was stupid. She talked so much shit on wrestling in a real life non-work and yet here she is getting to headline Wrestlemania.

You know who could kick Rousey's ass in real life? My girl Serena Deeb.

henryeatscereal
01-31-2022, 12:48 AM
Are we at peak WWE?
I remember that every January, i got really excited for the Rumble match, it was my favorite event every year (even more than Wrestlemania).

Not anymore, i downloaded illegally and felt ripped off even though i didn't pay any money ...can't believe this is the same WWE i used to love.

tony.parente
01-31-2022, 08:43 AM
Think the royal rumble was bad on TV? I had to sit through these spotlights shined directly into our retinas the entire 5 hour show AND have my entire view of the ring blocked by the sign when it was lowered due it it catching on fire. I was more excited for this show than any ticketed even i have ever had tickets to my entire life. I'm still gutted I couldn't even watch the show while at the show.

CZVwyT5MNzL

richardp
01-31-2022, 09:10 AM
I remember that every January, i got really excited for the Rumble match, it was my favorite event every year (even more than Wrestlemania).

Not anymore, i downloaded illegally and felt ripped off even though i didn't pay any money ...can't believe this is the same WWE i used to love.

Remember how fucking great the 2001 Rumble match was?

Swykk
01-31-2022, 10:15 AM
Was that the one where Jericho and Benoit had possibly the best ladder match?

richardp
01-31-2022, 11:18 AM
Was that the one where Jericho and Benoit had possibly the best ladder match?

Yep, and Kurt Angle and HHH had a phenomenal title match as well.

henryeatscereal
01-31-2022, 03:34 PM
Remember how fucking great the 2001 Rumble match was?
Oh yes, both 2000 and 2001 were awesome Rumbles, i remember ordering the 2001 Rumble and watching it at my aunt's house (she was the only one that allowed me to order PPV's at her house, lol); i was really excited when Kane eliminated 11 guys...

And that Benoit/Jericho ladder match? classic, they don't make them like that anymore...

richardp
01-31-2022, 04:22 PM
Honestly the first three PPVs of 2001 were probably all consecutively the three best PPVs that WWF ever put on. I remember losing my mind at how great the 2 of 3 Falls match between HHH and Stone Cold at No Way Out was.

SM Rollinger
02-01-2022, 06:52 PM
So, can someone who is a little more hip to the trends explain to me this Danhausen thing. His ring work is fine but I don't understand the gimmick nor do I find it funny like everyone else seems to. Is that his whole schtick or does he get serious? If he never gets serious I can't imagine this having real staying power. Serious questions guys, help me out because I get downvoted mercilessly when I ask on Reddit about him because heaven forbid someone has a different opinion. Thx.

ThinkIcouldburn
02-02-2022, 11:06 AM
So, can someone explain Danhausen.

He's fully a comic character. There is no seriousness. He won't be winning any titles, nor be dominant in the ring. He can wrestle, but that's not the point. You can drop Danhausen into several different feuds right now and create some funny as hell content. I'm hoping they just give him a mic occasionally and let him be chaos. AEW is paying for his ability to create fun content. It also helps that he's been one of the top merchandise sellers on ProWrestlingTees.com for the last few years. There's a ton of content out there that you can watch, but this breaks down his ridiculous character creationridiculous character creation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1TeGJ6qHA).

ltrandazzo
02-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Are we at peak WWE?

We might be now because they already quietly fired Shane McMahon after he had a power trip executive producing the men's rumble match. Vince was apparently pissed off enough about it that they cancelled any future programs with Shane for the time being.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/02/shane-mcmahon-reportedly-quietly-let-go-from-wwe-due-to-royal-rumble-heat/

tony.parente
02-02-2022, 12:31 PM
Think the royal rumble was bad on TV? I had to sit through these spotlights shined directly into our retinas the entire 5 hour show AND have my entire view of the ring blocked by the sign when it was lowered due it it catching on fire. I was more excited for this show than any ticketed even i have ever had tickets to my entire life. I'm still gutted I couldn't even watch the show while at the show.

CZVwyT5MNzL
Update, I emailed the live events email and they're gonna comp me 3 tickets to the next WWE even in STL. Not even close to making up for this but at least they're doing their best i suppose.

SM Rollinger
02-02-2022, 01:12 PM
He's fully a comic character. There is no seriousness. He won't be winning any titles, nor be dominant in the ring. He can wrestle, but that's not the point. You can drop Danhausen into several different feuds right now and create some funny as hell content. I'm hoping they just give him a mic occasionally and let him be chaos. AEW is paying for his ability to create fun content. It also helps that he's been one of the top merchandise sellers on ProWrestlingTees.com for the last few years. There's a ton of content out there that you can watch, but this breaks down his ridiculous character creationridiculous character creation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1TeGJ6qHA).

Ok cool thanks. Guess I just need to lighten up a little lol

henryeatscereal
02-02-2022, 02:13 PM
We might be now because they already quietly fired Shane McMahon after he had a power trip executive producing the men's rumble match. Vince was apparently pissed off enough about it that they cancelled any future programs with Shane for the time being.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/02/shane-mcmahon-reportedly-quietly-let-go-from-wwe-due-to-royal-rumble-heat/
So, no HHH, no Shane and (apparently) no Stephanie.

Vince will die before giving up the throne...

Space Suicide
02-02-2022, 03:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YauK_AgKjI

SM Rollinger
02-02-2022, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YauK_AgKjI

Thx I'll check that out too

Swykk
02-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Guys, I conquered the blizzard and made it to Chicago and my seat absolutely rules. If you see a dude in a black jacket with a grey NIN Anxiety beanie, that’s your boy.

So if I die on the drive back at least I died doing what I love—watching wrestling in my favorite city.

Obviously, I’m super ready for Punk vs MJF but I’m also really excited to see Kings Of The Black Throne vs Death Triangle. Gonna be rad to see KOTBT entrance live.

richardp
02-02-2022, 09:15 PM
That false finish during MJF and Punk must have been a blast in person. The crowd reaction on TV was absolutely priceless.

Swykk
02-03-2022, 07:28 AM
That was a wild night. I think the crowd was not pleased overall. They were very angry when KOTBT beat Death Triangle and were just deflated when MJF beat Punk. A lot of them left and didn’t stay for Rampage. Everyone united and unanimously loved Danielson and Mox and despised Brandi and MAGA Boomer turd. I honestly don’t know who/why/how that segment was allowed to happen. It was hot garbage. I think we were also united in our disdain for Ruby losing yet another match too.

The KOTBT entrance slays live and I was happy they won. I got some looks and minor heat for that and for hating Lance Archer, whom I believe is just a big dumb guy. I did hear some of the crowd ripping him for not even being able to utter a single coherent sentence; but in my immediate area people were pissed I was ripping him and saying Page deserves a better challenger. I thought Punk and MJF could’ve gone either way so I definitely wasn’t surprised or upset when MJF went over. I marked the fuck out for the Pepsi Twist and the Pepsi Plunge! Plus, when they fought into the crowd, it was very close to me. That was cool too, though I couldn’t see all of what was going on.

I had fun. It was a good time overall. No Rampage spoilers really but there’s an excellent Adam Cole promo (not the one that aired on Dynamite) and Lethal vs Starks was rad.

the duder
02-07-2022, 10:56 AM
I read this earlier about TK's big announcement (https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/2/5/22919224/aew-free-agent-debut-feb-9-dynamite-forbidden-door-wwe-new-japan-speculation) then heard Solomonster predict three of the same names as they did here. My hope is that Ali is the big debut, but fear it will be Jeff Hardy.

henryeatscereal
02-07-2022, 11:11 AM
I think it will be either Keith Lee or Jeff Hardy, most likely Jeff for another Hardy Boys reunion (meh)

tony.parente
02-07-2022, 11:25 AM
I think it will be either Keith Lee or Jeff Hardy, most likely Jeff for another Hardy Boys reunion (meh)
Jeff and Ali are both under contract with the WWE. Jeff got future endeavored but he would likely face a massive lawsuit by the wwe if he showed that early.

The safe answer imo is Keith Lee but the chaos of Shane showing up would be delicious.

henryeatscereal
02-07-2022, 03:03 PM
Jeff and Ali are both under contract with the WWE. Jeff got future endeavored but he would likely face a massive lawsuit by the wwe if he showed that early.

The safe answer imo is Keith Lee but the chaos of Shane showing up would be delicious.
Jeff Hardy has the Clean Drug test over WWE, maybe he found an agreement to get rid of the non-compete clause, Keith Lee does sound really strong... Shane? that's a stretch, i think he's angry with his dad, but not THAT angry...

ThinkIcouldburn
02-07-2022, 10:25 PM
I'd put my money on Keith Lee or Windham Rotunda. Shane McMahon isn't happening. It's funny to think about, but I have zero interest in seeing Shane McMahon ever again. It was fun 20 years ago when he was the son of the boss being thrown off high objects every few weeks.
I think we'll see Jeff Hardy soon, but I doubt he'd risk a lawsuit when he could wait a few weeks and not have to worry. No one is mentioning Windham right now.

Swykk
02-08-2022, 02:03 PM
I hope it’s Keith Lee. I hope it isn’t Geoff Hardly, though I’m certain he will show up as soon as possible.

Which reminds me of how rad this was
https://youtu.be/weUC61ToNBw

All the looks on those dopey kids faces and the Geoff fans in general—priceless

the duder
02-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Someone posted a video of Killer Kross at a con of some sort and it seemed like Scarlett hinted at him debuting in AC and he almost lost it.

henryeatscereal
02-09-2022, 10:14 PM
So yes, Keith Lee is All Elite, happy for him!

the duder
02-10-2022, 06:17 AM
Now THAT was a damn fine two hours of pro wrestling! Keith Lee is a national treasure, and adding Switchblade and more explicit bullet club talk makes me wonder if a certain Prince may be considering wrapping his career in AEW...

the duder
02-15-2022, 09:48 AM
Breaking: Cody and Brandi Rhodes leaving AEW. https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/2/15/22934808/cody-brandi-rhodes-leaving-aew#comments

Let the rampant speculation begin!

Swykk
02-15-2022, 12:35 PM
I’m not surprised. I was just saying on Twitter how they haven’t been fitting into AEW well for over a year. Their segments, promos and feuds weren’t landing. At all. I don’t think AEW will miss a beat without them. Don’t get me wrong, I harbor no bad feelings for them. I met them (and Pharaoh) in 2019 and they were very kind.

Speaking of 2019, I miss THAT Cody. That guy was a killer.

They’re probably going to take Senile Vince money and get treated like dirt sooner than later. It’s a bummer.

henryeatscereal
02-15-2022, 01:05 PM
Breaking: Cody and Brandi Rhodes leaving AEW. https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/2/15/22934808/cody-brandi-rhodes-leaving-aew#comments

Let the rampant speculation begin!
Pretty sure it's a work

the duder
02-15-2022, 01:35 PM
Pretty sure it's a workNot so sure; what makes you think so?

What I'd love would be for Cody to swerve everyone and reboot ROH alongside...HHH. Then ROH could become THE "forbidden door" and serve as the site for WWE/AEW dream matches and feuds...

poinoup
02-15-2022, 01:52 PM
ROH won't be doing any contracts, it seems. They should just let that pass in its sleep.

Vince's office: https://tvwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/supplicants.jpg

But we all know why Cody really left: He saw Hook and got outta Dodge.

henryeatscereal
02-15-2022, 03:34 PM
Not so sure; what makes you think so?

What I'd love would be for Cody to swerve everyone and reboot ROH alongside...HHH. Then ROH could become THE "forbidden door" and serve as the site for WWE/AEW dream matches and feuds...
Cody practically funded AEW, both him and Bradi, pretty much do all they want in the company and are major shareholders, why give that up?

The guy is getting lots of controversy with his "Heel/Face turn" and the fact that his promos are great but people don't believe him, to me this "leaving of the company", sounds more of a storyline either to make him turn heel or make fans "miss him", so he becomes the face he wants to be (also giving AEW publicity in the process).
Of course anything can happen, but i find it hard to believe...

richardp
02-15-2022, 04:47 PM
I am 100000% convinced that this is a work.

Swykk
02-15-2022, 07:20 PM
It very well could be a work. That’s entirely possible.

MrLobster
02-15-2022, 07:28 PM
*watches them leave only to come back 3 months later as the N-N-N-N-NEW WORLD ORDER in black and white colours*

Sorry... had a moment.

the duder
02-15-2022, 08:39 PM
Cody practically funded AEW, both him and Bradi, pretty much do all they want in the company and are major shareholders, why give that up?

The guy is getting lots of controversy with his "Heel/Face turn" and the fact that his promos are great but people don't believe him, to me this "leaving of the company", sounds more of a storyline either to make him turn heel or make fans "miss him", so he becomes the face he wants to be (also giving AEW publicity in the process).
Of course anything can happen, but i find it hard to believe...I am rather certain he and the Bucks bankrolled All In, and maybe Double or Nothing, but from then on I'm pretty sure it was TK/Shad who bankrolled it until AEE became financially viable via TV deals. Not sure the current extent of his financial investment in AEW, and it's also not publicly traded like WWE so I don't think it even matters.

As for the ROH idea, it checks a lot of boxes and rights some wrongs. First, it provides another content source for WarnerMedia. Both of Cody's other shows, Rhodes to the Top and Go Big Show, were picked up for a second season. Warner execs seem to trust him, so I'm thinking that a Rhodes helmed ROH show could provide another hour or two of content for TBS/TNT. Second, it would allow for more coherent "forbidden door" work. Let's be honest, the Impact stuff just didn't do it because it's not easily accessible. Third, and something that seems to be lost, is that Joe Koff set ROH's demise into motion by giving Cody and the Bucks access to a ton of resources for All In and the subsequent birth of AEW. Cody can be the hero by saving ROH.

richardp
02-15-2022, 09:57 PM
*watches them leave only to come back 3 months later as the N-N-N-N-NEW WORLD ORDER in black and white colours*

Sorry... had a moment.

My buddy at work today were joking that Cody will come back in a few months and theyll splash "CODY RHODES IS ALL ELITE!" graphics all over the place.

ThinkIcouldburn
02-15-2022, 10:15 PM
There was an episode of the Sammy Vlog a few months ago where they had Cody talk a bit about what his future will look like and he said: “I’m thankful for those sacrifices that have put me this position to have almost immeasurable wealth as a wrestler. Dumb wealth. NFL level wealth. As a wrestler. I’m thankful for that. Because my mother told me if I quit WWE I was screwed and well… humph” ... “I am thankful to the fans that cheer me, and I am thankful to the fans that boo me because both sets of fans are getting ready to go on a ride that is just bizarre and it’s not the path that you think. We’re not doing what’s been done before.”

Fantasy booking time.....

Cody Rhodes shows up on Raw, Kevin Owens vs. Cody Rhodes at Wrestlemania, Wednesday after mania Cody Rhodes shows up at AEW Dynamite and helps Mox and Danielson win the AEW tag titles. As current and former WWE guys, they become the new NWO.

TK planned the entire thing, Cody actually has a work anywhere lifetime AEW contract. TK pays Cody's legal fees and settlement, but simultaneously a very public spotlight is placed upon WWE's controversial independent contractor contracts. Meanwhile the stunt puts AEW Dynamite's ratings over Raw.

Space Suicide
02-16-2022, 07:59 AM
Career and credibility suicide if he chooses a new WWE stint. I don't buy a word of any of this. If any of it were to be believed negatively about backstage politics I imagine Tony Khan would've squashed it publicly immediately.

We'll see what happens. For a guy most people seem to not stand this has a TON of buzz so he must be interesting and important in some regards.

the duder
02-16-2022, 09:03 AM
I'd be totally shocked if he winds up back in WWE. There is zero, ZERO chance of him transforming anything there.

Swykk
02-16-2022, 11:36 AM
Damn, I just had an interesting thought—What if this is a work and he returns to AEW, attacks Hangman and says the No World Title Challenge stipulation was in his old deal so he needed a way to get a new one?

henryeatscereal
02-16-2022, 12:28 PM
⌃That actually sound plausible, either way, i hope he turns heel, it suits him better...

poinoup
02-16-2022, 12:46 PM
Who would have thought that Cody would be bigger news than Ol' Stone Cold? If this WAS a work, then you're really hurting AEW. All the news sites would lose credibility. This is 100% shoot.

But it does show you how much the fans don't fall for much any more.

henryeatscereal
02-17-2022, 12:18 AM
Who would have thought that Cody would be bigger news than Ol' Stone Cold? If this WAS a work, then you're really hurting AEW. All the news sites would lose credibility. This is 100% shoot.

But it does show you how much the fans don't fall for much any more.
I guess, it's like Hogan said...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz6pmSdUYAAoBXK?format=jpg&name=small

poinoup
02-17-2022, 01:10 PM
And they wonder why no one watched TNA... Whenever the ratings are down and the show is bad, the marks are at fault. I've been backstage at enough indy shows to see the boys are the biggest marks for themselves (and they will tell you the same! haha)

Hogan was outdated in 2001, let alone 2011. Dixie was a money mark, though, so...

Space Suicide
02-17-2022, 01:42 PM
I guess, it's like Hogan said...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dz6pmSdUYAAoBXK?format=jpg&name=small

Dude should’ve picked up an English book sometimes instead of the barbell. I’m not even trying to be an ass but that sentence is a fucking mess to read.

henryeatscereal
02-17-2022, 03:40 PM
Dude should’ve picked up an English book sometimes instead of the barbell. I’m not even trying to be an ass but that sentence is a fucking mess to read.
That's the best part actually, love how smart he thinks he is...

poinoup
02-17-2022, 05:08 PM
"Am I that out of touch? No, brother, it's the marks that are."

I guess African Americans worked Terry into a shoot?

henryeatscereal
02-17-2022, 05:27 PM
"Am I that out of touch? No, brother, it's the marks that are."

I guess African Americans worked Terry into a shoot?
lol

Swykk
02-18-2022, 08:48 AM
Breaking news: I’m being told a Nine Line t shirt will be inducting Undertaker into the HOF.

chuckrh
02-18-2022, 10:55 AM
I see they've announced the Undertaker is going in the hall of fame. As if there were any doubt. Well deserved! I had the privilege of seeing him wrestle a few times. He was an artist in the ring. The hell in the cell match with Mick Foley remains legendary.

the duder
02-18-2022, 04:14 PM
I see they've announced the Undertaker is going in the hall of fame. As if there were any doubt. Well deserved! I had the privilege of seeing him wrestle a few times. He was an artist in the ring. The hell in the cell match with Mick Foley remains legendary.As ludicrous as the entirely non-existent WWE HoF is, I agree that Taker definitely deserves it. I'll go a step further and echo some of the podcast hosts I follow and say that he should be the ONLY inductee this year. The guy is truly a class of his own, and in true WWE fashion, they've exhausted every potential inductee still above ground. They should just have one last induction with Taker this year, then they hold off on the HoF until the rumored physical HoF is constructed.

the duder
02-21-2022, 01:39 PM
Sounding more and more like Cody to WWE is imminent and I'm honestly intrigued.

richardp
02-21-2022, 01:50 PM
Sounding more and more like Cody to WWE is imminent and I'm honestly intrigued.

He'll be treated like a top tier guy for a few months and then get pushed back down to mid-card level and then I'm calling it right now they WILL force him to bring back Stardust at SOME point.

henryeatscereal
02-21-2022, 04:05 PM
He'll be treated like a top tier guy for a few months and then get pushed back down to mid-card level and then I'm calling it right now they WILL force him to bring back Stardust at SOME point.
Yes, now that many details about the story have surfaced, i think it's for sure he'll show up in the WWE
...and of course they will dress him as Stardust at some point, if he accepts he'll end up as a huge hypocrite.

Swykk
02-24-2022, 12:04 PM
How about this MJF promo (that I’ve read is mostly true)? Seems like for story purposes they’re twisting it into MJF being one of the creeps that hounded Punk after he left WWE and delusionally held Punk responsible for things he wasn’t. I fucking love it. Revolution is absolutely stacked.

https://youtu.be/VAf6epYTUAM

tony.parente
02-24-2022, 01:56 PM
MJF is an absolute god tier abusive gas lighting manipulative heel. This promo was some next level shit and something I don't think has ever been attempted in pro wrestling. I'm gonna say he's probably in the top 3 greatest heels of all time.

Swykk
02-24-2022, 03:07 PM
Cesaro is gone from WWE.

Such a wasted talent. I hope Claudio returns and mayhaps Kings will Reign Supreme once more?

thelastdisciple
02-24-2022, 03:58 PM
The last thing WWE had Cesaro do that i was entertained by was when he spun Seth Rollins lol

He definitely was wasted and it was frustrating because i really enjoyed the guy.

richardp
02-24-2022, 04:10 PM
Both the MJF and Kingston promos last night were god level.

Im such a mark for MJF and last night pretty much solidified him as my favorite Heel in the history of Pro Wrestling.

henryeatscereal
02-24-2022, 11:52 PM
I'm happy for Cesaro, the guy deserves better!

the duder
02-28-2022, 01:25 PM
Cowboy shit, indeed. https://www.cagesideseats.com/2022/2/28/22954567/hangman-page-perfect-response-kane-bad-russia-ukraine-take-mayor-glenn-jacobs-trump-radical-left

henryeatscereal
02-28-2022, 02:51 PM
Cowboy shit, indeed. https://www.cagesideseats.com/2022/2/28/22954567/hangman-page-perfect-response-kane-bad-russia-ukraine-take-mayor-glenn-jacobs-trump-radical-left
Not the biggest fan of him as a wrestler, but i'm glad he replied to that asshole...

(Funny that in the ring Kane was awesome, but outside the ring he's a major douche)

Swykk
03-02-2022, 07:05 PM
TK owns ROH now. This’ll hopefully alleviate the huge roster issue AEW has.

Fucking rad.

richardp
03-02-2022, 10:57 PM
CM Punk paying ultimate homage to Eddie tonight with that disgusting wound on his forehead that was literally spurting blood out at the camera. That was wild. The dog collar match is going to be a blood bath. You know those stitches are coming right back out on Sunday.

MrLobster
03-06-2022, 04:53 PM
Just had a very strange thought... since Cody doesn't have a home currently (I don't think WWE paperwork has been signed yet... but I don't pay close attention either), does he go to the new acquisition RoH and make that the way "he wanted" without having to deal with other AEW politics.

AEW has a lot of talent to mix into a separate entity with RoH... of course, I suspect we are tired of brand vs. brand.

Space Suicide
03-06-2022, 11:01 PM
First AEW ppv I bought and watched live. Very good show, no complaints. Ladder Match was my favorite of the night followed by the main event.

henryeatscereal
03-07-2022, 12:23 AM
So William Regal is All Elite, actually i think he would be great as an authority figure for the new ROH.

Swykk
03-07-2022, 08:08 AM
Punk coming out to AFI was everything and I called it like 2 mins before it happened on Twitter. That match absolutely ruled. I’ll need to rewatch it all again to be sure but I think that was MOTN.

the duder
03-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Just had a very strange thought... since Cody doesn't have a home currently (I don't think WWE paperwork has been signed yet... but I don't pay close attention either), does he go to the new acquisition RoH and make that the way "he wanted" without having to deal with other AEW politics.

AEW has a lot of talent to mix into a separate entity with RoH... of course, I suspect we are tired of brand vs. brand.This could be great if done correctly. Given the track record with the launch and development of AEW, I don't think it would suck. TK has a significant amount of goodwill with the wrestling industry I can see this working quite well.

Dryalex12
03-14-2022, 07:43 AM
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1503271960419057668

Scott Hall on life support, and it looks like they are going to discontinue it. Looks like we are about to lose another legend :(

thefragile_jake
03-14-2022, 09:35 AM
This really gutted me yesterday. My brother and I LOVED watching Scott Hall growing up and my brother's favorite nWo member was always Hall. We would always play the games as Hollywood Hogan and Scott Hall and even dressed up as them around the house pretending we were the nWo. So many amazing memories of watching Hall ... and losing him feels like losing a family member.

And I've lost a lot of family over the last two years ... my Dad just recently passed the other weekend from fighting lung cancer, I lost my Mom 2 years ago to kidney failure and cancer and my brother who watched Scott Hall with me died the week before my wedding last fall from chronic alcoholism.

Life is short, tell everyone in your life you love them.

Swykk
03-14-2022, 11:29 AM
Very sad. I feel the same as you guys. He was fun; backstage politics and demons aside.

I am also glad he got clean before the end.

henryeatscereal
03-14-2022, 01:07 PM
He will be missed for sure, he was great in his character and one of the most deserving guys to "never-win-the-big-one" in WWE.