PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Space Suicide
11-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Lesnar won? I’m not even surprised anymore. I legitimately don’t even care about the Universal Championship and I pretend it doesn’t exist. Its existence literally doesn’t mean anything. It’s just part of Lesnar’s gimmick at this point and an excuse for people to feud with him.

They should just throw Braun away at this point, they clearly have no desire to give him the title.

the duder
11-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Crown What?

Watching this week's episode of NXT and am reminded that Montez Ford = star. Can't wait for him to cut the dead weight that is Angelo Dawkins and shine.

Space Suicide
11-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Resident ETS Bliss mega fan post 11/5/2018

WWE Network uploaded the match Alexa and Sasha had at Abu Dhabi. I can't wait to watch the match sometime this week when I get free time.

I also love that she's captain of the RAW Women's Team for the Classic Survivor Series Match. She also looked amazing in business attire.

However, I hate to be a real downer or a hypochondriac but seeing her take to the sidelines for Mickie and Alicia has me thinking negatively. That, along with not being in a match since Hell in a Cell has given me bad feeling about her future. It all seems like deja vu to Paige's retirement earlier this year. I'm probably overreacting but the ambiguous nature of not giving details on the injuries and yanking her out of action and the Evolution match (now Survivor Series) is unsettling. She worked a house show this weekend so if things were dire I don't see that being a thing. She didn't get physical in it though. Maybe they're being cautious. Who knows. I would just be gutted and hate if her career got cut short, especially from someone like Ronda Lousy, who won't be involved long term in WWE anyways.

Sigh. (Edit: That totally reads like a doomsday scenario and I am overdramatic haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bLbG14Pf88

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrSCuZCXgAEq8o2.jpg:large

RJK
11-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Man everything Becky Lynch is doing has been (straight) fire lately! She is must see TV. Too bad she's going to lose to Rhonda

henryeatscereal
11-08-2018, 09:08 AM
it's impressive how popular Becky has become (and not thanks to a great WWE booking), i always liked her but i'm afraid they will "tone-down" her reaction in favor of Rhonda.

Space Suicide
11-09-2018, 09:17 AM
it's impressive how popular Becky has become (and not thanks to a great WWE booking), i always liked her but i'm afraid they will "tone-down" her reaction in favor of Rhonda.

Gonna be honest even as a passerby fan of her this new "The Man" person sucks. I don't care for it.

Speaking about Lynch and SmackDown! I just bought house show tickets for January 5th, 2019 in Greensboro!

henryeatscereal
11-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Gonna be honest even as a passerby fan of her this new "The Man" person sucks. I don't care for it.

She's over doing it a bit, but wheter you like her or not she's one of the most popular acts on the company right now.
Whats funny to me, it's how hard she tries get heat; she's clearly a very nice person. i can see why poeple like her so much... (i'm among those people)

ltrandazzo
11-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Re: Alexa Bliss' concussion and Ronda Rousey (tagging @Space Suicide (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=532) now)

I completely forgot that Survivor Series was next weekend with everything around Evolution and Crown Jewel. Completely slipped my mind that we were so close, so with that being said, I get why they're keeping Alexa out of the ring since it's so close to her concussion diagnosis from before Evolution. Better safe than sorry and with WM season coming up, they likely want Alexa ready to compete.

I do not think Alexa Bliss has been sacrificed to get Ronda Rousey over. Yes, she was squashed at Summerslam, but she was then able to get major upper hands on Rousey at HIAC (which led to the infamous image of Alexa screaming at Ronda and holding her face like a Disney villain), similar to what happened in her match against Nia Jax at WM34. When you play a heel, you eventually get your comeuppance, and that's something that Lexi Kaufman learned coming up in the business. That's how pro wrestling goes. Alexa Bliss is the first ever woman to win both current women's titles and is a five-time champion. And at the end of the day, no one is more protective of Alexa Bliss than Lexi Kaufman, so there's always that to remember.

Now, let's talk about Ronda. I don't think Ronda is an unsafe ring worker, especially because she's had matches throwing around Stephanie McMahon, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Ruby Riott and now Nikki Bella. This doesn't include tag matches against the Riott Squad either. 4 out of 5 of those women have not had major injuries from working with Rousey (that we know of), and if it started coming out that WWE and the other women were concerned about Rousey's ring work, do you think they would continue pushing her through the roster and that they'd still want to work with her?

In-ring accidents happen. It is a risk you take when you are in this business and while you need to have the full trust of the other person you're in the ring with, accidents can still happen. Brie Bella can concuss you because she fucked up her timing. Sasha Banks can deliver a kick to the back that triggers a career-ending injury that was lying dormant for years. Owen Hart can drop you on your head while performing a move he's done countless times before. Samoa Joe can accidentally end your career delivering a move he's delivered countless times before. Seth Rollins can deliver a move that ends your career after he's delivered that move to countless other people. These. Things. Happen. And they happen regardless of how much care you take in the ring.

Ronda Rousey can be a number of different things whether you like her or not, but so far, she has not been proven to be anymore unsafe than any of the other wrestlers in that locker room.

Space Suicide
11-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Re: Alexa Bliss' concussion and Ronda Rousey (tagging @Space Suicide (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=532) now)

I completely forgot that Survivor Series was next weekend with everything around Evolution and Crown Jewel. Completely slipped my mind that we were so close, so with that being said, I get why they're keeping Alexa out of the ring since it's so close to her concussion diagnosis from before Evolution. Better safe than sorry and with WM season coming up, they likely want Alexa ready to compete.

I do not think Alexa Bliss has been sacrificed to get Ronda Rousey over. Yes, she was squashed at Summerslam, but she was then able to get major upper hands on Rousey at HIAC (which led to the infamous image of Alexa screaming at Ronda and holding her face like a Disney villain), similar to what happened in her match against Nia Jax at WM34. When you play a heel, you eventually get your comeuppance, and that's something that Lexi Kaufman learned coming up in the business. That's how pro wrestling goes. Alexa Bliss is the first ever woman to win both current women's titles and is a five-time champion. And at the end of the day, no one is more protective of Alexa Bliss than Lexi Kaufman, so there's always that to remember.

Now, let's talk about Ronda. I don't think Ronda is an unsafe ring worker, especially because she's had matches throwing around Stephanie McMahon, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Ruby Riott and now Nikki Bella. This doesn't include tag matches against the Riott Squad either. 4 out of 5 of those women have not had major injuries from working with Rousey (that we know of), and if it started coming out that WWE and the other women were concerned about Rousey's ring work, do you think they would continue pushing her through the roster and that they'd still want to work with her?

In-ring accidents happen. It is a risk you take when you are in this business and while you need to have the full trust of the other person you're in the ring with, accidents can still happen. Brie Bella can concuss you because she fucked up her timing. Sasha Banks can deliver a kick to the back that triggers a career-ending injury that was lying dormant for years. Owen Hart can drop you on your head while performing a move he's done countless times before. Samoa Joe can accidentally end your career delivering a move he's delivered countless times before. Seth Rollins can deliver a move that ends your career after he's delivered that move to countless other people. These. Things. Happen. And they happen regardless of how much care you take in the ring.

Ronda Rousey can be a number of different things whether you like her or not, but so far, she has not been proven to be anymore unsafe than any of the other wrestlers in that locker room.

The comeuppance came but nothing changed. Her character moved on and nothing was gained or taken away from it besides the title. The mandatory rematch clause match was a filler match anyways. Ronda's booking makes any match she's in filler at this point because unless there's fuckery involved she will never lose. As for her being safe for Survivor Series I dig the captain moniker but honestly its a Big 4 PPV where she isn't competing, which last year at the event she had one of her best matches in her career (to me) in Charlotte Flair. Just sucks ontop of being taken out of a high profile match a month prior and not really being involved in the show. She's the only reason I watch RAW if I'm honest.

As for the unsafe comment I know accidents and things can occur. I'm not disputing that but 3 separate injuries to the same superstar is a warning sign and maybe indicates to stop pairing them up in matches, especially when their on air feud concluded. Who knows, it could all be fictional kayfabe shit too after minor injuries or scrapes. You don't know with this company anymore.

xfocalinx
11-09-2018, 05:31 PM
First design is posted. More to come later!

Www.prowrestlingtees.com/xshawnxphoenix

Space Suicide
11-11-2018, 08:18 PM
First design is posted. More to come later!

Www.prowrestlingtees.com/xshawnxphoenix (http://Www.prowrestlingtees.com/xshawnxphoenix)

I assume that's your scan?

What's the next bulletpoint on the back? A nuclear holocaust? :p

xfocalinx
11-11-2018, 10:06 PM
I assume that's your scan?

What's the next bulletpoint on the back? A nuclear holocaust? :p

Yup, both skulls on the front and back of the shirt are my actual xrays!
The bullet points are every injury I received from the accident.

ltrandazzo
11-12-2018, 11:56 PM
“EVERYONE’S TOUGH TIL THE MAN COMES AROUND.”

Becky. Fucking. Lynch. That was epic. I think Becky ascended tonight.

Volband
11-13-2018, 12:14 AM
Finally, Nia's amateurism had a beneficial effect! Becky played it off really well.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 07:21 AM
Finally, Nia's amateurism had a beneficial effect! Becky played it off really well.

Jury is out because Twitter sleuths are split on if it was Dana or Nia that added the color. Also, who says this wasn't pre-planned? VKM can get all huffy about unapproved color, but that could also be a front to keep the sponsors appeased since it happens infrequently. Regardless, this was epic and Becky is SUPER over at this point. WWE can book this smart for her showdown with Ronda and make sure their match ends in a result that helps both women in the long run.

Swykk
11-13-2018, 08:01 AM
Sing along to her theme,

“She’s Slow Rockscousin!
And she should learn to wrestle
then pick up the pace in the ring
lucky for she
she’s Slow Rockscousin!”

For once, Volband and I agree. Mark it on the calendar! At least Nia’s sloppy ass only helped solidify Becky as the most interesting performer on the roster. Of course, WWE will fuck it up and either have Ronda go over clean or have lots of shenanigans cheapen a Becky win.

Piko
11-13-2018, 08:26 AM
Nia is finally good for something. I won't be shocked if it doesn't happen. But, Rousey and Lynch should main event.

Volband
11-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Jury is out because Twitter sleuths are split on if it was Dana or Nia that added the color. Also, who says this wasn't pre-planned? VKM can get all huffy about unapproved color, but that could also be a front to keep the sponsors appeased since it happens infrequently. Regardless, this was epic and Becky is SUPER over at this point. WWE can book this smart for her showdown with Ronda and make sure their match ends in a result that helps both women in the long run.
I could believe that the two girls planned it, but not WWE. If WWE wanted to risk color, they would've made Ronda do it, and made a huge fuss about it with all the cameras in the world focusing on it. It's quite the waste to make some "random" Raw girl skull-crush Becky in such a hot feud during the week of the PPV.

Anyway, if it was not planned, then someone should seriously step their foot down in the women's department, because the last couple of weeks were atrocious regarding their safety. The same people seem to keep harming their workmates, and that's not cool.

I do wish now though that their match will have color. It's the first women's match in a long time where I feel some blood would absolutely match both ruthless characters, and no matter who wins, both can keep their heat after a hard-fought battle.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Sing along to her theme,

“She’s Slow Rockscousin!
And she should learn to wrestle
then pick up the pace in the ring
lucky for she
she’s Slow Rockscousin!”

For once, Volband and I agree. Mark it on the calendar! At least Nia’s sloppy ass only helped solidify Becky as the most interesting performer on the roster. Of course, WWE will fuck it up and either have Ronda go over clean or have lots of shenanigans cheapen a Becky win.

Nice fat shaming.

... Anyway, yes, Becky and Ronda need to main event this thing. I don't think the men's SS match adds match and needs to be in the main event, so let's defer AJ vs Brock to the sub and put Ronda and Becky as the main event. They've earned it. I'm also keeping in mind that the Austin comparisons are good and what needs to be remembered is that Austin lost that match against Brett at WM13. I could see an outcome similar to this, especially if this serves to kickstart the 4HW feud.

Swykk
11-13-2018, 09:44 AM
ltrandazzo No, it wasn’t. Thick ladies are just fine by me. Have we met before? Have you not seen enough of my political/social issue posts to not know better?! Come on, son.

I love Jordynne Grace and Jessicka Havok (met both at All In a couple months ago) because they can keep up with their opponents. Nia’s timing is garbage. Her wrestling is basic. That and her fit she threw about how she was being booked earlier this year are why I don’t like her.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
@ltrandazzo (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3) No, it wasn’t. Thick ladies are just fine by me. Have we met before? Have you not seen enough of my political/social issue posts to not know better?! Come on, son.

I love Jordynne Grace and Jessicka Havok (met both at All In a couple months ago) because they can keep up with their opponents. Nia’s timing is garbage. Her wrestling is basic. That and her fit she threw about how she was being booked earlier this year are why I don’t like her.

Chief, captain, buddy, pal, sport, I know who you are and how you lean, but even then we can still say things that come off as incendiary even when we don't intend it to be that way. I appreciate your follow-up quantifying your feelings and opinion.

henryeatscereal
11-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Nia is awful, so i'm not surprised, but i saw pictures of Becky having the time of her life!

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Just ordered my "The Man" t-shirt.

Swykk
11-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Reading Lynch suffered a broken nose and a concussion from dumbass Slow Rockscousin and is off Survivor Series as a result.

Hoping this isn’t true but regardless, Nia Jax sucks.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Reading Lynch suffered a broken nose and a concussion from dumbass Slow Rockscousin and is off Survivor Series as a result.

Hoping this isn’t true but regardless, Nia Jax sucks.

You've won me over on that if that's the case. Epic moment, but not if it ends up causing an insanely good match from happening and if it costs the company money. Nia will get squashed in her title match if this ends up being the case as punishment.

Piko
11-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Nia ruins a ppv... That was the only match I really cared about. Hopefully, they can fill.in with someone good. Maybe Charlotte and save Lynch for mania? This really sucks though.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Well, Nia will achieve the heel heat needed for this new program with Tamina from a crowd perspective. The problem will be that she's likely going to get her title match on an episode of Raw and that they'll have Ronda destroy her. There's video going round of the shot - Becky was forearming Nia on the shoulder and then Nia threw a closed-fist potato and got Becky right in the face. No excuse for that, especially in a brawl scenario.

Piko
11-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Well, Nia will achieve the heel heat needed for this new program with Tamina from a crowd perspective. The problem will be that she's likely going to get her title match on an episode of Raw and that they'll have Ronda destroy her. There's video going round of the shot - Becky was forearming Nia on the shoulder and then Nia threw a closed-fist potato and got Becky right in the face. No excuse for that, especially in a brawl scenario.For all the wrong reasons. No way in hell would she ever beat Rousey. She's just a filler feud to get us to the rumble. Get it over with so the real angle can begin.

ltrandazzo
11-13-2018, 05:05 PM
For all the wrong reasons. No way in hell would she ever beat Rousey. She's just a filler feud to get us to the rumble. Get it over with so the real angle can begin.

WON is reporting they could have Nia vs. Ronda happen at SS. Again, I expect it to be a burial if that happens.

Space Suicide
11-13-2018, 05:50 PM
You've won me over on that if that's the case. Epic moment, but not if it ends up causing an insanely good match from happening and if it costs the company money. Nia will get squashed in her title match if this ends up being the case as punishment.

Nia is garbage. Outside of big sized monster heel she's as dimensional as a piece of paper. Poor mic skills, generic moveset (of like 4 moves), lousy (baby)face and absolutely zero charisma.

Sucks to hear about Becky, especially after a nice push and series of high profile wins along with the championship.

RJK
11-13-2018, 06:15 PM
I am so pissed Becky is out of Survivor Series. Becky was so awesome last night. Plus word on the street is that she was going to beat Rhonda [emoji53]

Space Suicide
11-13-2018, 08:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr7YJ2vVsAAaplI.jpg:large

She kept the title, chose Charlotte as Ronda's opponent and hugged her afterwards. The fuck!?

Piko
11-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Charlotte filling in. Can't complain about that. Rumored mania match out the window now though. Hopefully Rousey/Lynch at mania now.

Piko
11-13-2018, 08:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr7YJ2vVsAAaplI.jpg:large

She kept the title, chose Charlotte as Ronda's opponent and hugged her afterwards. The fuck!?Heat of the moment probably.

Bryan gets another title shot. Think thry swerve us and we get Bryan/Lesnar. They did take him out of the tag match...

RJK
11-13-2018, 08:36 PM
Heat of the moment probably.

Bryan gets another title shot. Think thry swerve us and we get Bryan/Lesnar. They did take him out of the tag match...I definitely think Bryan is winning.

Also Becky being blooded at the end of Raw was so fucking basass. Even if it means she's out at survivor series. Hopefully she does go on to face Rhonda at Mania.

Piko
11-13-2018, 08:40 PM
I definitely think Bryan is winning.

Also Becky being blooded at the end of Raw was so fucking basass. Even if it means she's out at survivor series. Hopefully she does go on to face Rhonda at Mania.I'm just happy it's not bad enough where they have to strip her. That really was a great end though. Being injured doesn't even matter after that. She's that over.

RJK
11-13-2018, 09:14 PM
Dream match! This makes up for Becky being out!

Space Suicide
11-13-2018, 10:19 PM
I don't care Bryan won but I hate how it made both the Nakamura and Samoa Joe feuds a complete fucking waste of time. Especially Joe recently.

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 07:27 AM
Quick hits because, wow.

1. Very happy they didn't hot potato the women's championship over to Charlotte (Mandy Rose and one of the IIconics were rumored as well) and very happy Becky keeps the belt for the foreseeable future. I liked the Charlotte moment. It builds the 4HW aspect of this fight and starts laying the groundwork for that big match down the road. Also, if they're keeping Charlotte as a face and figuring out that Becky needs to be a tweener/face, it makes no sense then to continue their hostile animosity. They can still have animosity a la Stone Cold and The Rock, but they can also put them out there as useful allies for the time being.

2. WWE did Nia Jax zero favors by releasing their footage of that potato she delivered. I firmly believe her burial begins and will be interested to see how long it lasts. They sped up a rumored WM35 main event to this weekend because of what happened to Becky. IMO, Nia needs to spend 6-8 weeks back at the performance center to re-learn the basics. There was no reason for her to throw a closed fist in that.

3. Scary that Becky's injury is similar to the injury that ended her wrestling career once before.

4. Evil Daniel Bryan won that match because he approached AJ like a babyface and then broke out the heel tactics when even the ref wouldn't have expected to look out for them from Daniel. He and AJ could end up having a GREAT feud that could lead all the way through WM35 with AJ reclaiming the belt. DB was a great heel before, and I'm shocked and surprised they turned him back into one again. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Predictions later.

Swykk
11-14-2018, 07:37 AM
I liked keeping the title on Becky. I did not like the hug; it is inconsistent with her ruthlessness. And besides, it should be Asuka fighting Ronda.

I don’t like Bryan’s heel turn in the short term because his first battle post title win will be jobbing to part timer Brock. I love it long term, though. Look, they haven’t been shy playing up the fact that he hasn’t been getting the reaction he was getting before since returning. I do love old school ROH heel Bryan as well. Plus, it looks like Miz will turn face and maybe they’ll meet at Wrestlemania and have the match that will live up to the feud built over the years.

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Team Raw Tag Teams vs. Team Smackdown Tag Teams - I want Team SD because they wasted so much time on Monday with the Team Raw captain situation that I just don't care. I liked the Uso segment with the other teams so that's why I'm Team SD.

Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali - I'd like to see Mustafa walk away with this one but this is a toss-up. Either outcome is fine.

AOP vs. The Bar - Who is the face team? I'm going with AOP because I'd like to see the younger guys get the rub here.

Team Raw Women's vs. Team Smackdown Women's - We don't have this field completely filled out but I expect to see Nia get eliminated first in this match. I expect that Team SD will get the win, and hopefully, let's see Asuka deliver the winning pinfall/submission for her team.

Team Raw Men's vs. Team Smackdown Men's - I honestly don't know. I could see Braun and Drew falling apart. I could see Miz and Shane falling apart. Lots of storylines coming into this one so I don't envy the writers on this one.

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - This could be the match of the night if they didn't have Seth and Dean building momentum and NOTHING HAPPENING for Shinsuke heading into this match. This could be amazing and honestly, I'd like them to leave Dean out of this until post-match. We all win regardless of the victor, potentially.

Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair - Bear with me here, but this could be the beginning of the 4HW feud. My prediction is that Kairi Saine beats Shayna the night before at War Games and this leads to major interference in the match. My prediction is that hug from Becky meant more than a heat in the moment deal - that was planned, and the payoff will see a 4HW standoff. Or, I could be way off base and the match ends with a handshake between the two. This is another I see going either way, but I mostly see Ronda getting the win here now. Before, I was a toss-up.

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan - It was interesting to see Paul Heyman stoke the fires between AJ and DB as there could be something there. I don't think a Heyman turn on Brock is in the cards, but stranger things have happened. I don't quite think DB is fodder for Brock as this heel turn is something that will reverberate into the near future. It makes no sense to squash that 5 days later. Something odd is going to happen and I think Daniel Bryan walks away with the win.

What a crazy show. The one thing I'll give WWE here is that there's been a lot of last minute changes considering two major factors - Roman Reigns changed this from something different this year to the traditional Raw vs Smackdown show it's been for the last few years. This wasn't supposed to happen this year, but Roman's leukemia diagnosis changed all of that. The other factor was Becky's injury and WWE moving up a rumored WM35 (potential) main event bout between Charlotte and Ronda to this weekend. I have no idea, and WWE likely doesn't either, what WM35 will look like, but this show could end up planting those seeds. Crazy.

henryeatscereal
11-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Well, a week ago i didn't give a shit about Survivor Series, now i'm interested.

Having both Charlotte and Bryan "fill in" for matches was a smart choice, it's refreshing to see how they still can deliver a good card.

Asuka does deserve to face Rhonda but it was to be expected she would get passed over...

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Well, a week ago i didn't give a shit about Survivor Series, now i'm interested.

Having both Charlotte and Bryan "fill in" for matches was a smart choice, it's refreshing to see how they still can deliver a good card.

Asuka does deserve to face Rhonda but it was to be expected she would get passed over...

Regarding Asuka - with no build and the current trend, Asuka would've been bulldozered by Ronda and her main roster stint would be over. They'd ship her back to Japan after that, and I honestly feel that way and it would suck. They can get Asuka back up there with the Women's tag belts (if those ever show up), but getting the match with Ronda would've cemented a Rousey victory right away and that's the last thing Asuka needs.

Swykk
11-14-2018, 10:46 AM
https://twitter.com/niajaxwwe/status/1062738524347289601?s=21

Fuck Slow Rockscousin. Turns out she also sucks at tact and Twitter.

I rest my case.

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 11:12 AM

I rest my case.

Becky Lynch is gonna be huge coming out of all of this.

Space Suicide
11-14-2018, 11:13 AM
Team Raw Women's vs. Team Smackdown Women's - We don't have this field completely filled out but I expect to see Nia get eliminated first in this match. I expect that Team SD will get the win, and hopefully, let's see Asuka deliver the winning pinfall/submission for her team..

I wanna see Shayna Baszler lose to Kairi Saturday and take SmackDown!’s final spot. Also could align Shayna as the blue brand’s MMA woman and cause a good heel dynamic.

I rest my case.

She’s been a bitch to Alexa in the past on Twitter after this year’s MITB so not surprised.

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 11:18 AM
Steve, give Becky your blessing and let her use the stunner. This is all coming together too well to ignore. Becky had her Hart moments combined into one - blood like Brett, injury like Owen, and now a merging of the Tyson moment with the armbar on Ronda. Come on.

henryeatscereal
11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
i also was going to point out the similarities between Austin and Becky...

"Stone Cold Becky Lynch" is the gimmick we deserve!

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 12:11 PM
The Relent-Lass Stun-Her.

ltrandazzo
11-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Bam.

henryeatscereal
11-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Everyday i love her more...

tony.parente
11-15-2018, 09:11 AM
I love the fact that these twitter/instagram posts are half shoots.

ltrandazzo
11-15-2018, 09:16 AM
Meltzer is reporting that Rousey vs. Lynch will be the WM35 MAIN EVENT. WhatCulture with the write-up on the latest Observer. (http://whatculture.com/wwe/spoiler-huge-wwe-wrestlemania-35-main-event-set)

Important to note that yesterday's Twitter posts, including Nia Jax's, is to set up the road to WM with Jax getting some subplot play as well. They all appear to be worked shoots and were coordinated between the 3 and creative.

Space Suicide
11-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Meltzer is reporting that Rousey vs. Lynch will be the WM35 MAIN EVENT. WhatCulture with the write-up on the latest Observer. (http://whatculture.com/wwe/spoiler-huge-wwe-wrestlemania-35-main-event-set)

Important to note that yesterday's Twitter posts, including Nia Jax's, is to set up the road to WM with Jax getting some subplot play as well. They all appear to be worked shoots and were coordinated between the 3 and creative.

I’m happy for the women but I can honestly say for that as a main event it will under perform and I have minimal interest.

Swykk
11-15-2018, 10:28 AM
That’s great news for Becky and yes, WWE loves turning real life into angles but my thoughts remain unchanged with Nia.

Will there be consequences this time? Will she have to stop relying on the “Rock’s cousin” card and really put work in and improve?

ltrandazzo
11-15-2018, 10:30 AM
I’m happy for the women but I can honestly say for that as a main event it will under perform and I have minimal interest.

Well, we're about five months away but I'll say this - I'm excited about this potential main event more than I have been since WM30 and if this can still organically build the way that it needs to, it could end up being amazing. Daniel Bryan won the WWE title AND turned heel and it's the second story of the week behind this one. That's pretty remarkable.

ltrandazzo
11-15-2018, 10:33 AM
That’s great news for Becky and yes, WWE loves turning real life into angles but my thoughts remain unchanged with Nia.

Will there be consequences this time? Will she have to stop relying on the “Rock’s cousin” card and really put work in and improve?

Nia 100% needs to and needs to be humble about all of it. I like Nia Jax the person and I like what she represents for women's wrestling overall and her story is compelling. But she's got to take care of her peers in the ring and she has to prove she can be more like Big Show and Mark Henry before she ends up becoming Bill Goldberg.

henryeatscereal
11-15-2018, 11:05 AM
If there's a moment to do the first ever WM Women's main event is now.

God nows this company loves to say "first ever..."

Volband
11-15-2018, 11:17 AM
I was (and still is) really afraid of how WWE will handle the first WM women's main event, which is inevitable to happen in the next 3-5 years, but I could definitely live with a Becky vs. Ronda one, especially if they go hard on that one. By that I mean no "SUCH A HUGE STEP FOR WOMEN!!!!!!4444!!!!" speeches from Stephanie every second week, and everyone being all jolly. No, leave it after the event.

There are hotter acts in the men's roster, who would be more qualified to main event on paper, but if Vince didn't give a shit about it for the last few WMs, then it would be hypocritical to start using that argument now. I liked Brock vs. Goldberg, but that's about it.

Then again, knowing this company and Vince, even if we knew for a FACT that these rumors are legit, I still wouldn't get my hopes up until a few weeks before WM. WWE will have to put in some major work, if they want to keep up the fire till then. God, it's so good we are already through with the "yaaaaaaaaaaaay, women's rumble!!!!!" thing, and the 2nd one can be real serious at the best possible time.

As for Nia, I guess I'd accept a form of punishment, where her inability to wrestle would be put into a storyline. It would really blur the lines of keyfabe and shoot though, because she really isn't anything more than a gimmick wrestler.

tony.parente
11-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Nia 100% needs to and needs to be humble about all of it. I like Nia Jax the person and I like what she represents for women's wrestling overall and her story is compelling. But she's got to take care of her peers in the ring and she has to prove she can be more like Big Show and Mark Henry before she ends up becoming Bill Goldberg.
Nia needs to go back to the indies. She's a danger to herself and everyone else around her, she makes the bellas look like the crown jewel of safety.

ltrandazzo
11-15-2018, 12:59 PM
Nia needs to go back to the indies. She's a danger to herself and everyone else around her, she makes the bellas look like the crown jewel of safety.

Nia vs. Brie in a No Holds Barred match for the WM pre-show?

tony.parente
11-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Nia vs. Brie in a No Holds Barred match for the WM pre-show?
Last woman standing? lollllll

Swykk
11-15-2018, 01:39 PM
I don’t want her injuring anyone else. Before he was released, many of the boys were refusing to work with Rybread (not so coincidentally, The Big Dumb Guy is defending her). If WWE is too scared of The Rock’s cousin, maybe the women should self police and not work with her.

loopcloses
11-16-2018, 12:49 AM
In what way would Ronda vs Becky be an underwhelming main event? It'd be the hottest main event in five years, and by a significant margin.

Volband
11-16-2018, 01:26 AM
In what way would Ronda vs Becky be an underwhelming main event? It'd be the hottest main event in five years, and by a significant margin.
Goldberg was pretty fucking hype, man.

That said, Becky vs. Ronda still has plenty of opportunities to build up momentum. It'd be a great match at SS, but pretty meh on WM. The whole angle is already hotter by Ronda triggering everyone (including me) with her dumbass tweets. :D

loopcloses
11-16-2018, 02:17 AM
Goldberg was pretty fucking hype, man.

That said, Becky vs. Ronda still has plenty of opportunities to build up momentum. It'd be a great match at SS, but pretty meh on WM. The whole angle is already hotter by Ronda triggering everyone (including me) with her dumbass tweets. :D

I might give you that if Goldberg was in the main event that year but the main event was that shitter of a Roman vs Undertaker match.

This would legit be the two hottest acts in the company facing off against each other, and the match being planned and getting called off adds heft to it. That hasn't happened in a very, very long time. The last time the WM main event was actually two really hot acts facing off in an over feud was arguably the first Rock vs Cena match, over six years ago. Before that, Taker vs Michaels. If you add the stipulation that it's a hot feud with two hot acts with one or both of the wrestlers being somewhat fresh, you'd have to go all the way back to Wrestlemania 24 or 21 with Taker/Edge. "Wrestlemania main event" is a pretty low bar to clear these days, and Ronda vs Becky clears it easily. Shit, Daniel Bryan turned heel and won his first title since returning and it's the second biggest wrestling story of the week. How much more is needed?

I'm just genuinely not following. What are the great potential main events that would be better?

Volband
11-16-2018, 02:52 AM
Oh shit, totally forgot that it wasn't the main event.

Hmm. Well, I think there are many men, who could deserve a shot at the main event. Braun, Seth, AJ, Finn, Joe, Nakamura. Yeah, some of them either got shafted recently (Nak), or already had a feud playing out (Joe-AJ), but if WWE wanted to push a hot angle, they could do it with them, since they are already fan-favorites, not to mention that people are fucking starving for anything that's Roman.

A good argument for Becky vs. someone however is that she is absolutely on fire right now, and WWE could not have expected it. They may not get such a great opportunity for doing a main event with women, though recent influx of great talent would suggest otherwise. Nonetheless, I am someone who is reall sick and tired by how every mainstream act (movies, video games) are pushing female leads, often undeservingly or sacrificing credibility for it, just to get approval points from certain social movements and media outlets, BUT even I think that a Becky vs. someone at WM main event would be very much deserved.

Also, let's think with the absolutely mental head of Vince: it is completely inevitable that whenever the first women's main event at WM will be announced, all hell will break lose. Everyone will be jerking their very own agenda or anti-agenda, people will be called sexist left and right, etc. All in all, even without Becky and Ronda, a women's only WM main event is already the kind of Pandora's Box Vince lives for.

ltrandazzo
11-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Oh shit, totally forgot that it wasn't the main event.

Hmm. Well, I think there are many men, who could deserve a shot at the main event. Braun, Seth, AJ, Finn, Joe, Nakamura. Yeah, some of them either got shafted recently (Nak), or already had a feud playing out (Joe-AJ), but if WWE wanted to push a hot angle, they could do it with them, since they are already fan-favorites, not to mention that people are fucking starving for anything that's Roman.

A good argument for Becky vs. someone however is that she is absolutely on fire right now, and WWE could not have expected it. They may not get such a great opportunity for doing a main event with women, though recent influx of great talent would suggest otherwise. Nonetheless, I am someone who is reall sick and tired by how every mainstream act (movies, video games) are pushing female leads, often undeservingly or sacrificing credibility for it, just to get approval points from certain social movements and media outlets, BUT even I think that a Becky vs. someone at WM main event would be very much deserved.

Also, let's think with the absolutely mental head of Vince: it is completely inevitable that whenever the first women's main event at WM will be announced, all hell will break lose. Everyone will be jerking their very own agenda or anti-agenda, people will be called sexist left and right, etc. All in all, even without Becky and Ronda, a women's only WM main event is already the kind of Pandora's Box Vince lives for.

Ronda Rousey brings in all sorts of maintstream attention from her MMA days. ESPN still follows her along with other sports media. Becky Lynch is the hottest thing in pro wrestling right now and it was harnessed by two factors - her repudiation by WWE that they had all but pushed her aside and the fan resentment it caused, and the fact that fans would not boo her after turning heel on Charlotte and doing all sorts of heel things in the aftermath. That all came to a head this week with the invasion, the potato shot from Nia Jax, and then having to push that match back because of the injury it caused.

Braun isn't there yet. Seth and Dean are getting started and so far it's been a slog, though Dean's vest-burning promo started moving things forward. AJ is an unknown at this moment. Finn needs bigger wins as they've moved him to near mid-card status. Joe is unknown at this moment. Nakamura could be something but it's unknown if he'll be with WWE past Jan/Feb.

Those two women have earned this. There is no other feud right now that has the heat that this feud has harnessed in quite a long time. You could try to build up Seth and Dean to this level as the next closest thing, or Miz and DB with a role reversal or carry DB and AJ through WM, but none of these would come close to Ronda and Becky. This is one of those moments where stars aligned and unpredictable things happened that turned a major setback into a golden opportunity. Just like Daniel Bryan in 2014, Becky vs. Ronda is something WWE is going to ride the coattails of because it has momentum that even they couldn't have planned on.

ltrandazzo
11-16-2018, 10:30 AM
lol

Space Suicide
11-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Dampening this on people's Becky love parade. Dark shit coming down.

Lots of proof, he's done. (http://nodq.com/news/544401365.shtml)

Swykk
11-16-2018, 07:54 PM
Oh, that’s fucking disgusting. Hopefully an arrest is imminent.

ltrandazzo
11-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Yeah, fuck that dude. Hopefully he's getting taken in very soon.

Space Suicide
11-17-2018, 09:41 AM
Back on topic after that disgusting deviation, who is ready for TakeOver: WarGames II tonight?

Undisputed Era better win that shit.

Space Suicide
11-17-2018, 06:34 PM
I assume Baszler, Duke and Shafir will face off 3 v 3 soon with Dakota Kai, Sane and Shirai. Lame ending but I'm not mad.

Time for Black and Gargano. Aleister Black better win. I just spent $50.00+ on his Blackcraft Cult Blxck Mass clothing line shirts. Don't make me regret the decision. :p

Guess I keep my shirts. Amazing match. "I absolve you of all your sins."

Piko
11-17-2018, 07:00 PM
I'm calling a screwy finish with Alister/Gargano. No reason to blow off so quickly. A loss won't hurt him.

Space Suicide
11-17-2018, 07:12 PM
Hollywood Dream Hogan.

Looks infinitely better on Velveteen that Hulkster any day JACK.

Space Suicide
11-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Last year's Wargames match was better. Also not a huge fan of the outcome or Cole taking the pinfall for this either. Two major back to back TakeOver losses for him suck.

Space Suicide
11-18-2018, 02:57 PM
https://twitter.com/BlissfitFR_/status/1064256835329425408

Yessssssss.

Conan The Barbarian
11-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Dampening this on people's Becky love parade. Dark shit coming down.

Lots of proof, he's done. (http://nodq.com/news/544401365.shtml)

Gross. Was he still employed by wwe?

Volband
11-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Vince is a fucking troll, Jesus Christ. I'm not even mad :D

Piko
11-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Vince is a fucking troll, Jesus Christ. I'm not even mad :DMight as well capitalize I guess. Especially knowing the reaction she would get.

the duder
11-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Not a surprise, but I feel like Rollins brought out Shinskue's best match on the main roster.

Also - Rollins needs to just abandon the superplex/falcon arrow combo. He NEVER gets anything but a two count out of it.

Space Suicide
11-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Gross. Was he still employed by wwe?

Not when this occurred.

Speaking of idiots, Enzo Amore was at Survivor Series tonight and got kicked out.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/489202108478783488/513885798819561512/unknown.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsU-_MlXQAASeT3.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsU-t52U4AAVB4t.jpg

https://twitter.com/CrimsonDevices/status/1064325693876531200

Liv for the slam dunk.

http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/src/1542590455142.png

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1064327537000570880

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1064334231743000577

ltrandazzo
11-18-2018, 08:19 PM
The only angle you need.

the duder
11-18-2018, 08:25 PM
What a fucking SCHMUCK!

Piko
11-18-2018, 09:15 PM
He's an idiot.

Thought Charlotte/Rousey was good until the crowd made it about themselves. Good show so far. Crowd pissed me off though. Not smart fans, just toxic.

Space Suicide
11-18-2018, 10:55 PM
He's an idiot.

Thought Charlotte/Rousey was good until the crowd made it about themselves. Good show so far. Crowd pissed me off though. Not smart fans, just toxic.

I relished it.

I think most of that reaction was them casting their undying Lynch love to Charlotte playing the role Becky would have in the exchange.

Volband
11-19-2018, 12:47 AM
Might as well capitalize I guess. Especially knowing the reaction she would get.
I am loving some of the salty redditors, who are completely outraged by Nia's heat and her victory. Man, I would've opposed this decision beforehand, but in hindsight, it was genius.

WHY IS SHE REWARDED FOR WHAT SHE DID???

I GUESS VINCE LIKES FAT GIRLS!!!!

GUESS THAT'S WHAT BEING RELATED TO THE ROCK DOES TO YOU!!!

If I could live off by tears, I'd be set for a few years after last night haha. Also, can't wait for Becky to come back and smash Nia. Not sure where that would happen though, as I don't see Becky entering the Rumble, thus losing her belt beforehand. Can brands interfere with one-another outside of invasion angles? Ie. Becky randomly returning on Raw with music and shit just to smack Nia.

edit: oh, also: "yeah yeah, stop saying how RAW won the previous 2 SS; you couldn't make it any more obvious that Smackdown has this now...." hahaha. I wish I could be a fly on the wall backstage, when WWE creative are laughing their asses off.

Piko
11-19-2018, 01:16 AM
Nia had to look strong for her match with Ronda. After that, I'm curious what happens with her. She's hated. So I can totally see them run with it after TLC as well. Probably tag titles whenever that happens

Volband
11-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Finished watching the Ronda and Brock matches.

The girls were awesome. Not sure if that elbow from Charlotte was intentional, but Ronda's literal and figurative baby face looked 100 times better with blood pouring all over from her mouth. I hope this angle goes to some DBZ levels, so eventually Ronda will take her revenge on Charlotte, which will fire up Becky even more. Not sure if they wanted to garner sympathy from us by sad Ronda at the end, but I guess not, because not only the crowd booed her, I wished for Charlotte to smash her in the back with a chair as well. It actually blends with her real life, shoot persona as well. Whenever something negative happens to her, she's like woe is me, but when it's with others, then she's like lol, suck it up.

Somewhat unrelated, but holy shit, aside from maybe Asuka, Charlotte's breasts are the only ones which can take me out of matches. I can't imagine them being comfortable to wrestle with. In competitive sports it's not uncommon to get reduction surgeries after all.

The Brock match was fun. I'm not a fan of Danial Bryan, but I can eat up the same shit from Brock over and over again like a little child. And he actually put effort into this match, so what more can we ask? I guess that he actually loses, but we have to wait for The Man to transition into the men's division after she's finished with Ronda at Wrestlemania.

edit: oh, didn't know there is a small outrage over the crowd giving shit to Ronda. Yikes. She's a big girl, who reveled in being the evil character in her MMA days, so I'm sure she's more than happy as long as she's getting fired up reactions; good or bad. The main reason I disliked her at the beginning because the crowd and basically everyone treated her like a sweet princess, who still crushes everyone. That made no sense to me, except from a business point, because you obviously have to hype up such a big name. I like that she's got some depth now, and it's unnecessary to turn on the crowd for not kissing her ass. Even Roman said he was very happy with all the boos, and got them for YEARS.

Graceless
11-19-2018, 08:55 AM
I just hope that the great match between Charlotte and Ronda doesn't kill Becky's momentum. It's not hard to imagine Vince sidelining her and putting Charlotte in the Mania match instead.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 09:01 AM
Somewhat unrelated, but holy shit, aside from maybe Asuka, Charlotte's breasts are the only ones which can take me out of matches. I can't imagine them being comfortable to wrestle with. In competitive sports it's not uncommon to get reduction surgeries after all.

Gross sexism is always unrelated.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Interesting Raw sweep last night.

Nia came off as the powerful but cowardly heel. When she got into the ring and mixed it up, she got handled quickly and accordingly, not giving her any time to mix it up with the others, so likely protecting them from her. When the opportunity presented itself, three leg drops and a somoan drop to seal the deal against Asuka. I imagine that she will plod through her match against Ronda before Ronda gives her her comeuppance, then it's off to training camp for her.

Seemed like there were some detractors but I liked the Rollins Nakamura match. Picked up when it needed to and some great chemistry between the two. I'd like to see them end up on the same show for a proper program.

AOP vs. The Bar was about as boring as it seemed it could've. The piss pants had VKM written all over it.

Buddy vs. Mustafa was great and more of that please. 205 Live was represented well.

The men's match just felt incomplete to me. I expected an attempted beatdown of Braun since he was also left with Drew and Lashley. Goofy.

Ronda vs. Charlotte was great and is definitely planting seeds for the eventual 4HW rivalry. Regarding the crowd boos of Ronda afterwards, let's remember that she's been talking shit online about Becky being a millennial and being a wuss, so Charlotte heeling out on her and beating her half to death could almost be seen as her comeuppance. It's also the next clear path for Charlotte to go on post-Becky.

Bryan vs. Brock was also great. This DB is creepy and I kind of like it.

I kind of think Survivor Series was better than War Games. Fight me.

Volband
11-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Gross sexism is always unrelated.
It's not sexism. It's called factual observation. She does have huge breasts, and that tennis player Simona Halep did indeed went through with breast reduction surgery, but it's not unheard of in other athletic sports either. If you want to act like making a factual remark of one's body part is immediately sexist, then be my guest, but don't try to force your own personal safe place onto others. Need I remind you that the very same show I made this remark about had Brock Lesnar being kicked in the balls? Need I remind you that Shinsuke Nakamura has been kicking people in the balls left and right? Need I remind you that Charlotte had her breast implants broke in her match versus Asuka?

And yeah, I did my research since, and read that Charlotte actually had multiple breast implantations already, which answers my question of whether she feels comfortable with them in the ring or not. I do not mind either way, but it did beg the question when we talk about such a ruthless and athletic worker like Charlotte.

As for them being in the WM main event. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh.... I hope not. Test the waters first with a Becky return, assess the reactions, then decide afterwards. It was a great match, but I don't see how they could top it so much that it would be interesting again to see at WM.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 09:31 AM
TL;DR

You were talking about how Charlotte's breasts take you out of the match. That's sexist. Your male gaze isn't required to enjoy a wrestling match. Do better.

the duder
11-19-2018, 09:32 AM
No fight; I agree totally.

I fear that NXT may be near it's peak - too much talent and not enough time - and may be heading to a similar fate as Raw.

Volband
11-19-2018, 09:55 AM
You were talking about how Charlotte's breasts take you out of the match. That's sexist. Your male gaze isn't required to enjoy a wrestling match. Do better.
Maybe I phrased it the wrong way. Charlotte's are the only ones in size which make me actually notice them, the same way I'd treat every man bulge as normal, unless I'd seen one which is way more prevalent than the average. That's what made me think about possible in-ring drawbacks.

But even if I gaze wrestlers, I don't see the issue. John Cena is built like the leanest tank on the world, and some of the women are extremely pretty. There is no harm noticing or complimenting these traits; after all, they work just as hard for their look as they do for their in-ring work.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Maybe I phrased it the wrong way. Charlotte's are the only ones in size which make me actually notice them, the same way I'd treat every man bulge as normal, unless I'd seen one which is way more prevalent than the average. That's what made me think about possible in-ring drawbacks.

But even if I gaze wrestlers, I don't see the issue. John Cena is built like the leanest tank on the world, and some of the women are extremely pretty. There is no harm noticing or complimenting these traits; after all, they work just as hard for their look as they do for their in-ring work.

The issue is that you said Charlotte's breasts take you out of any match that she's in and that you think they could be a hazard in the ring, thus tying her looks into the match. They have nothing to do with it. It's still sexist.

Volband
11-19-2018, 10:48 AM
The issue is that you said Charlotte's breasts take you out of any match that she's in and that you think they could be a hazard in the ring, thus tying her looks into the match. They have nothing to do with it. It's still sexist.
They were a hazard as they did rupture, which made her sidelined: http://stillrealtous.com/when-charlotte-flairs-implant-ruptured-update-on-her-surgery/ It baffles me how you try to frame me as being sexist for implying that big breasts can have an impact in an athletic sports, when it already fucking happened. What is your point exactly?

As for "taking out of a match", I admitted in my previous reply that my phrasing was most likely bad, as I did not intend to say I can't concentrate on anything else. It catches the eye, it stands out, etc. And for a good reason, as she had implants for that very reason. Again, you are working yourself into a corner if you somehow want to prove that enhancing anything on your body (whether its your breasts, or going on a steroid frenzy like Jinder) can not be observed without it being sexist.

Man, white-knighting has come a long way, when you have to defend a woman with breast implants from being recognized as a big-breasted individual. Chill out a bit. Did you phone in to WWE last night to tell them that Alexa Bliss is a very talented individual, who doesn't need to be shoved to ringside with extreme and sexist cleavage just to be an eye candy for the viewers?

edit: thus @ltrandazzo (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3) left with a brave facepalm, after realizing neither his biology studies (breasts can strain; implants can rupture or explode), nor his knowledge of recent (it was around this year's WM) WWE injuries were factual. At least use Google before you trigger yourself into oblivion and make yourself disproven by the very person's own interview you try to white-knight.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 11:47 AM
They were a hazard as they did rupture, which made her sidelined: http://stillrealtous.com/when-charlotte-flairs-implant-ruptured-update-on-her-surgery/ It baffles me how you try to frame me as being sexist for implying that big breasts can have an impact in an athletic sports, when it already fucking happened. What is your point exactly?

Charlotte was out from June 17 to July 31st. She didn't have a program and before she went out, she worked through it. It's no different from AJ Styles wrestling with a torn hamstring. Is AJ as much a liability for injury because he has legs?

As for "taking out of a match", I admitted in my previous reply that my phrasing was most likely bad, as I did not intend to say I can't concentrate on anything else. It catches the eye, it stands out, etc. And for a good reason, as she had implants for that very reason. Again, you are working yourself into a corner if you somehow want to prove that enhancing anything on your body (whether its your breasts, or going on a steroid frenzy like Jinder) can not be observed without it being sexist.

It would be sexist of me to suggest that Charlotte isn't free to do whatever she wants with her body. It's her body. It is sexist to suggest that getting breast implants or having larger breasts makes her a hazard for injury or your distraction and that she should reduce them for that reason. Comparing breasts to a male wrestler's pants bulge is not equal.

Man, white-knighting has come a long way, when you have to defend a woman with breast implants from being recognized as a big-breasted individual. Chill out a bit. Did you phone in to WWE last night to tell them that Alexa Bliss is a very talented individual, who doesn't need to be shoved to ringside with extreme and sexist cleavage just to be an eye candy for the viewers?

Didn't need to because Alexa Bliss can wear whatever the hell she wants to and doesn't need mine or anyone else's approval to do so. You can admire what any of the wrestlers wear or how they look in the same way that I admire Finn Balor's extraordinary 8-pack and bulge, but when you try to cast aspersions on the wrestlers and how their looks impact their jobs, then it becomes sexist and rude. Dave Meltzer learned that the hard way with Peyton Royce a few months ago. No white knighting needed when the writing's on the wall.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 11:49 AM
edit: thus @ltrandazzo (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3) left with a brave facepalm, after realizing neither his biology studies (breasts can strain; implants can rupture or explode), nor his knowledge of recent (it was around this year's WM) WWE injuries were factual. At least use Google before you trigger yourself into oblivion and make yourself disproven by the very person's own interview you try to white-knight.

Speaking of triggering...

Volband
11-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Charlotte was out from June 17 to July 31st. She didn't have a program and before she went out, she worked through it. It's no different from AJ Styles wrestling with a torn hamstring. Is AJ as much a liability for injury because he has legs?
No, it's not. Does it have to be? If you have a leg, you can break it, and if you have a breast, you can strain it. I wasn't blaming Charlotte, I was merely questioning whether it is a hindarence for HERSELF or not, given how certain female athletes chose to go through with breast reduction surgeries. Charlotte did the opposite, which answered my question. That is it.

It would be sexist of me to suggest that Charlotte isn't free to do whatever she wants with her body. It's her body. It is sexist to suggest that getting breast implants or having larger breasts makes her a hazard for injury or your distraction and that she should reduce them for that reason. Comparing breasts to a male wrestler's pants bulge is not equal.
Once again, I never said what she should or shouldn't do. I asked a question about whether they are in the way of her performance or not. I'm also not against the distraction they do on a beauty level - and even if I did not find them aesthetically pleasing, I still wouldn't even suggest to change them. That is an awful lot to put into my mouth - talking about your words here.

Didn't need to because Alexa Bliss can wear whatever the hell she wants to and doesn't need mine or anyone else's approval to do so. You can admire what any of the wrestlers wear or how they look in the same way that I admire Finn Balor's extraordinary 8-pack and bulge, but when you try to cast aspersions on the wrestlers and how their looks impact their jobs, then it becomes sexist and rude. Dave Meltzer learned that the hard way with Peyton Royce a few months ago. No white knighting needed when the writing's on the wall.
Ahh, if a breast implant accident have affected someone already, then why is it a taboo for you to talk about?! If Seth Rollings gained 100 kilos of weight on Raw tonight, many people would wonder if it will impact his abilities or not. And not because they want to fat shame him, but because weighing 100 kilos more can seriously influence your athleticism. It won't necessarily will, but the question should be completely understandable.

I seriously don't get how female acquintances have no problem talking about their back problems due to their larger breast sizes, but bring it up on a US discussion board, and you are walking on razor's edge, because it's sexist to even acknowledge that they do matter in athletic performances, and they can in fact cause a lot of pain on the long run.

Volband
11-19-2018, 12:44 PM
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1064570639342886912?s=19

Let's just love Becky instead. Gotta admit, her latest tweets were rather weak and forced, but boy do I love this one.

edit: of course it doesn't embed the tweet; why am i even on this earth

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Ra ra ooh lala

I seriously don't get how female acquintances have no problem talking about their back problems due to their larger breast sizes, but bring it up on a US discussion board, and you are walking on razor's edge, because it's sexist to even acknowledge that they do matter in athletic performances, and they can in fact cause a lot of pain on the long run.

My dude, this started off with you saying that Charlotte's breasts take you out of her matches. I correctly said your comment was sexist and now it's turned into this debacle. You're trolling. You have no good points to make because you made a bad one and won't own up to it, which is what you typically do on this board anyway. Now you're whining about how you can't talk about women and their back issues due to breasts. Good lord.

ltrandazzo
11-19-2018, 12:50 PM
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1064570639342886912?s=19

Let's just love Becky instead. Gotta admit, her latest tweets were rather weak and forced, but boy do I love this one.

edit: of course it doesn't embed the tweet; why am i even on this earth

Volband
11-19-2018, 01:03 PM
My dude, this started off with you saying that Charlotte's breasts take you out of her matches. I correctly said your comment was sexist and now it's turned into this debacle. You're trolling. You have no good points to make because you made a bad one and won't own up to it, which is what you typically do on this board anyway. Now you're whining about how you can't talk about women and their back issues due to breasts. Good lord.
Why do I have to write it down for the 3rd time that my phrasing was bad?

She doesn't take me out of her matches, period. I get it how you interpreted that way, but it's not what I meant. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Space Suicide
11-19-2018, 06:18 PM

LOL I'm kinda over the shit she's spewing if I'm honest.

On topic I got my Blxck Mass shirts from Blackcraft Cult. Unsure if I should rep The Undisputed Era again or Aleister Black's shirt line at the SmackDown! house show I'm seeing January 5th, 2019.

ltrandazzo
11-20-2018, 09:02 AM
I think we're about to head into the holding pattern when all sorts of weird stuff happens or doesn't post Survivor Series into the Rumble. TLC has a feeling of potentially holding things steady with status quo outcomes and... yeah. This time of year gets a little rough.

ltrandazzo
11-20-2018, 04:42 PM
LOL I'm kinda over the shit she's spewing if I'm honest.

On topic I got my Blxck Mass shirts from Blackcraft Cult. Unsure if I should rep The Undisputed Era again or Aleister Black's shirt line at the SmackDown! house show I'm seeing January 5th, 2019.

You don't have an Alexa Bliss shirt?

Space Suicide
11-20-2018, 05:45 PM
You don't have an Alexa Bliss shirt?

No, there's never been a design I've been in love with. The only shirt I do like is women's only. However I've eyed this one recently since it's new:

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dw6daf78c3/images/large/L20118.jpg

ltrandazzo
11-20-2018, 06:04 PM
No, there's never been a design I've been in love with. The only shirt I do like is women's only. However I've eyed this one recently since it's new:

Mmkay. ;-P
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4902/32106838528_a03146f792_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/QVaWvw)

Space Suicide
11-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Mmkay. ;-P
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4902/32106838528_a03146f792_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/QVaWvw)

I see you got it.

I'll probably buy the new Undisputed Era shirt sometime since they're running sales often. This was the women's shirt I was talking about:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0035/7652/9014/products/mockup-f260a0aa_2000x.png?v=1533561907

the duder
11-20-2018, 08:50 PM
Oh, Enzo (https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/11/20/18105010/enzo-amore-crashing-survivor-series-didnt-help-him-promote-sad-hip-hop-show-video-pics-real1-nzo).
Reading some of these comments made my evening; "This dude is going to be broke and in jail in the next 3-5 years", followed by "Your timeline is very generous."

henryeatscereal
11-21-2018, 08:46 AM
Fuck that guy, he deserves to play to 40 people, actually that's generous...

the duder
11-21-2018, 12:28 PM
Most were probably his "entourage".

ltrandazzo
11-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Re: Nia Jax and her "push" -

I feel like I'm seeing a lot of reactions to outcomes of matches and that folks aren't actively watching the matches themselves. Case in point, Nia Jax post-"Facebreaker." Nia was used SPARINGLY in the women's Survivor Series match that she won. Any time she got into the ring, she was quickly thrown or tagged out. When she did come in, she dropped three standard looking leg drops and a Samoan Drop on Asuka to seal the win. That was it. No punches, no irish whips or holds, just four quick moves and a pin. On Raw and on Starrcade, the same thing happened again. They're not letting her throw many punches and she's not staying in the ring for extended periods of time. On top of the loud boos that she's getting, they're having her do extra corny, show-off shit to get more heat.

Rumors suggest Ronda Rousey is pushing for her feud with Nia to be a quick one and to wrap up at TLC so she can focus back on Charlotte and Becky Lynch. Charlotte is already posting tweets about wanting to kick the shit out of the other MMA 4HW while Becky is taking aim at EVERYONE. I expect that Ronda will squash Nia at TLC and that they'll potentially move onto Becky vs. Nia. Maybe that happens through a roster trade to bring Charlotte to Raw and Nia to Smackdown, or maybe they just inter-promotion it just for shits? Either way, I don't see a clear path to the future for Nia that involves her picking up meaningful wins down the road. They're harnessing the heel heat that she has now but that's about it. I think she has the PC in her future.

Piko
11-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Nia is a title contender. Gotta push her. After that, I'm curious if they will. I'd send her back to NXT, if it were up to me. Teach her how to work.

Space Suicide
11-26-2018, 08:07 PM
On topic of women (and ones that don't suck)...

They officially had Baron Corbin make her personally in charge of the women's division of RAW. Still hoping this isn't permanent. The only upside for her as a managerial role is showcasing her awesome fashion sense.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds-QyqcVAAABVzO.jpg:large

Piko
11-26-2018, 08:54 PM
It at least keeps her on t.v. and relevant. Most girls just fade away until it's their turn. We still get our weekly fix.

Space Suicide
11-26-2018, 09:03 PM
It at least keeps her on t.v. and relevant. Most girls just fade away until it's their turn. We still get our weekly fix.

Yeah but unlike most I actually enjoyed her wrestling and matches so I still do hope (and know) this is temporary. I'd hate if that was lost.

Loved this:

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/1067260922618474498

henryeatscereal
11-27-2018, 08:08 AM
I heard RAW was awful (even more than usual!!!) this week...

ltrandazzo
11-27-2018, 08:28 AM
I heard RAW was awful (even more than usual!!!) this week...

Correct. To say it was a shitshow is being too nice.

Piko
11-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Apparently one of the worst ever.

henryeatscereal
11-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Jason Solomon just called it the worst RAW ever, wow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nAFkGZuGv8

ltrandazzo
11-27-2018, 09:13 AM
So here's the state of the titles on Raw and why I think they really hurt last night's episode -

Tag Titles - AOP is a great, powerful, heel tag team and elevating them to that level is a great call. They're ruining it with the piss stuff. It's just as bad as the Nattie farting stuff from a few years ago. Stop it. You have too many good tag teams on Raw and they're being wasted on piss jokes.

Women's - We're in a holding pattern of WWE's own making since they made Nia the #1 contender and have Ronda caught up in a hot feud with Charlotte and Becky. Last night's segment was awful. Both Nia and Ronda looked like amateurs on the microphone and their dialogue was horrible. Ronda did the weird thing she does with her voice and... yeah, it was all uncomfortable. The weird spot with Nattie and the Riott Squad was super out of place as well. Two things happen - Ronda loses the title to Nia who then hot potatoes it to someone else so Ronda can go to Smackdown and take on Charlotte and Becky, or Ronda retains and Charlotte comes to Raw. Either way, the current direction of the Raw women's division is super goofy.

(the not yet real) Women's Tag Titles - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST ROLL OUT THE BELTS ALREADY SO WE CAN MAKE SASHA AND BAYLEY THE CHAMPS SO THEY CAN FEUD WITH MICKIE AND ALICIA FOR SOMETHING. ugh.

IC Title - This has the best situation of the titles but man, announcing the match at TLC between Ambrose and Rollins has turned out to be quite the roadblock for this feud. Rollins bringing back the open challenge was good until it was answered by Dolph. We have seen this match enough now and it's time to move both men on. They should have delayed the match announcement so that Seth and Dean could have had a few attempted matches that led up to this moment.

Universal Title - *sigh* I feel like Braun is the unanointed champion here but his injury has sidelined any momentum for this feud between him and Brock. I feel like Drew, Baron, Lashley and Finn are somehow in the hunt here, but I'm also thinking I'm assigning too much of a connection between those four and how this all ties into the red belt. There are rumors that Lesnar vs. Rollins will be set for WM but will it be for the Universal title? That presumes that Ambrose picks up the IC title and that Braun would end up losing his Royal Rumble match to Lesnar if the WM match is for the title. I think the only other thing holding up Braun are his injuries - we know about the bone spurs in his elbow, but many reports are coming out that his knees are shot to hell and that's why he runs so awkwardly. They might put him on the shelf and save him for next year's Summerslam instead then.

It's all a confusing mix that has, IMO, hurt one particular person - Finn Balor. What are we doing with Finn?

onthewall2983
11-27-2018, 02:53 PM
Jason Solomon just called it the worst RAW ever, wow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nAFkGZuGv8

Not official until Alvarez says "minus 5 stars"

Space Suicide
11-27-2018, 03:19 PM
RAW is absolute garbage. They put all their eggs into one basket with Reigns and once he had the leukemia return their plans fell apart immediately.

the women’s roster is in a broken state thanks to Ronda Rousey holding the title. Hope Alexa is traded back to SmackDown! ASAP so I can skip skimming RAW every week. RAW is a total chore to watch and SD! Is actually enjoyable. I preferred her on SD! Anyways.

Piko
11-27-2018, 04:29 PM
They're in a holding pattern until rumble. I only watched s tiny bit of raw. I can't watch when Corbin is on. Sucks the life out of everything. Zero charisma.

The women's division will get better once the Nia angle is over. Hopefully one and done.

Not sure what the deal is with the women's tag titles? They need it, badly. And whoever thinks Bayley and Sasha are winning them are in for some disappointment.

Nothing on raw matters or means anything. It's not even interesting enough to be labeled "trash", "train wreck", or "dumpster fire". Those are things with actual meaning and actually happen.

This is just atrocious.

I really wonder how proud these creative nitwits are. Do you think they have the brass to tell people what they do for a living or point how what horrendous ideas of their made network television and how many people hate it?

henryeatscereal
11-28-2018, 08:35 AM
Not official until Alvarez says "minus 5 stars"
The guy who wrote "The Death of WCW"?
I heard he's in Meltzer's podcast, but i barely listen to it, i can't stand Dave...

the duder
11-28-2018, 08:28 PM
Joe is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the rest of the roster on the mic. Holy hell this was savage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRKv5SWM76M

Piko
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Shame they're afraid to give him the ball. He's great.

henryeatscereal
11-29-2018, 08:36 AM
Joe, Strowman and Balor are three of the most over guys in the company and they are consistently buried, it's not funny anymore.

But Joe is miles away from them, he deserves at least an IC title run (at the very least...)

Space Suicide
12-01-2018, 10:22 AM
On the topic that RAW is garbage and "losing viewers" I have to say this. I would be the first to jump to the critique saying it's the content and writing like always for why its sinking low but A LOT of stars are on the self for the RAW roster are to blame too:

- Roman Reigns

- Braun Strowman

- Kevin Owens

- Alexa Bliss (match wise)

Say what you want about Alexa Bliss and Kevin Owens but both are important to the show and feud potentials.

Roman Reigns' chase booking for the Universal Championship gutted A LOT of the main evener opportunities as most main event matches were dominated by both Reigns and Lesnar. After the third time (if you're even that generous) it does not have the steam that it used to. I also never felt there two had any chemistry in the ring whatsoever.

On the women's front you have both Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey to blame for the atrocious year on RAW. Rousey is a strong arm winner in every match she'll be in and Jax is an awful wrestler who needs to be in NXT still. She was involved with two major feuds this year with Alexa and Ronda and that exposure shows how one note she is and her faults.

Piko
12-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Losing Roman really hurt them. But, that's what you get when you focus too much on one guy instead of the rest of the roster. Missing Strowman hurts too. But it's not going to be too long, and the show was bad already when he was there. Owens being there would help some too. But they weren't exactly doing much with him before he went out either other than getting tossed around by Strowman.

I'm ok-ish with Alexa not working. Imo, she's a great character but so-so in the ring. She doesn't have to wrestle in order to exist.

quietime
12-03-2018, 06:57 PM
I got to meet Asuka on Saturday at Wintercon! So happy to have finally met her in person after years of following her career in Japan and WWE. She was so nice, friendly and she was always smiling and laughing. I really hope she finally wins the title at TLC.

https://i.imgur.com/1ZmFBi3.jpg

henryeatscereal
12-04-2018, 09:32 AM
I love Asuka, but it's highly unlikely she'll win

ltrandazzo
12-04-2018, 10:03 AM

She totally should though and honestly, if we're entering grudge match territory with Ronda, Charlotte and Becky, it almost makes sense to take the titles off of both of them because they've eclipsed them. This idea almost makes too much sense though, so it won't likely happen that way.

ThinkIcouldburn
12-04-2018, 10:18 AM
There's chatter which makes quite a bit of sense on why she will win. The Royal Rumble is next month and it's time to set up that Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch match at Wrestlemania. The women's rumble match could come down to Becky vs. Charlotte and end with a screwy draw after, i dunno, neither of them can continue to fight or knowing WWE right now, Nia Jax will run out and force the match to end in a draw. Can't have both Becky and Charlotte in the Rumble unless neither of them are champion.

henryeatscereal
12-04-2018, 11:58 AM
You have good point, but I think Charlotte wins, i don't think they'll ever give the strap to Asuka (hope i'm wrong, though...)

xfocalinx
12-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Update: I've been going to physical therapy and such, doing exercises to help improve my balance. I've been in the ring doing warm ups; sommersaults, running the ropes, and drills.. Still feeling a bit clunky and dizzy.. Latest appointment with physical therapy we've learned my crystals in my ear are out of place, causing the vertigo..I've added new exercises to fix that! Still not cleared for much though...This Saturday I get to do our planned "return"..the heels have been killing off the babyfaces, so this spot involves all of them returning to prevent the heels from escaping..I get the final cameo..I'm pretty excited for it!!

Piko
12-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Throwing Asuka in is kind of weird to me. It's a ladder match, so she's not exactly taking a fall. Guessing they just want to change things up some and not repeat the evolution match.

I think Charlotte wins though. Everyone is protected and no one truly loses. I'd have Charlotte face Ronda at Rumble since it's apparently supposed to be a big show in a big outdoor stadium.

Becky wins the rumble and gets the mania match with Rousey. Whether or not she wins is a different story...

I'm really tired of mania multi-man title matches. I get it, cool, you want everyone included and have a spot on the show. No need to sacrifice a quality match so you can simply fill a spot.

Space Suicide
12-04-2018, 02:22 PM
I still don’t 100% Buy online fluff pieces for wrestling news but evidently my girl is cleared to wrestle again!

Yes!

xfocalinx
12-04-2018, 02:29 PM
I still don’t 100% Buy online fluff pieces for wrestling news but evidently my girl is cleared to wrestle again!

Yes!

the fact that Daniel Bryan got cleared to wrestle gives me hope that literally ANY wrestler with concussion issues can be cleared again. ESPECIALLY in the WWE.

Piko
12-04-2018, 02:29 PM

Yes!Saw something with her doing stuff at the PC. Good for her. Wonder how long she's going to do the GM thing.

ltrandazzo
12-04-2018, 02:33 PM
Saw something with her doing stuff at the PC. Good for her. Wonder how long she's going to do the GM thing.

They've had her opposite Sasha and Bayley again, so she's gotta be helping launch the women's tag team division, right? Her and Mickie?

Piko
12-04-2018, 02:44 PM
They've had her opposite Sasha and Bayley again, so she's gotta be helping launch the women's tag team division, right? Her and Mickie?Maybe. Or she stays GM until creative has something for her. It looks like they're teasing a face turn though. She's good at swerving though. So who knows? Her and Mickie would probably be ideal though.

Calling it though. Nia and Tamina are getting the titles. What sense does it make? Zero.

Dryalex12
12-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Soo...im just now getting into watching the WWE. I think I was watching something about Fozzy, Chris Jericho's band and I knew he was a wrestler and decided to look up some of his moments. Gotta say, Y2J is a pretty entertaining guy and he got some moves too, and it was starting to pique my interest. So i was looking around the tube and I saw this related video about The Undertaker and decided to watch it.

...okay, this dude is awesome. Bear in mind, I know a lot of wrestlers, I know about a lot more than you'd think despite never really caring much about the wrestling. Besides the obvious ones like Flair, Randy, Hulk, and The Rock, my knowledge of people I knew about were pretty large. I knew about Andre the Gaint, Kane, Stone Cold, Triple H, Sting, Mick Foley, Jake "The Snake", JON CENA, The Iron Skeik, Edge, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam, etc. So I knew a lot despite not caring much for it.

But after watching the deadman in action, I can honestly say that it turned me over, I was very entertained by it. I liked it a lot and i'm starting to watch a lot of it, which led me here....and then seeing that it was going to shit lol. I guess that figures that I'd become a fan when it was going to shit huh?

Piko
12-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Jericho is one of the greatest, ever. Can flip a switch and change characters whenever he wants and still be good. His stuff in Japan, atm, might be his best character imo.

ltrandazzo
12-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Soo...im just now getting into watching the WWE. I think I was watching something about Fozzy, Chris Jericho's band and I knew he was a wrestler and decided to look up some of his moments. Gotta say, Y2J is a pretty entertaining guy and he got some moves too, and it was starting to pique my interest. So i was looking around the tube and I saw this related video about The Undertaker and decided to watch it.

...okay, this dude is awesome. Bear in mind, I know a lot of wrestlers, I know about a lot more than you'd think despite never really caring much about the wrestling. Besides the obvious ones like Flair, Randy, Hulk, and The Rock, my knowledge of people I knew about were pretty large. I knew about Andre the Gaint, Kane, Stone Cold, Triple H, Sting, Mick Foley, Jake "The Snake", JON CENA, The Iron Skeik, Edge, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam, etc. So I knew a lot despite not caring much for it.

But after watching the deadman in action, I can honestly say that it turned me over, I was very entertained by it. I liked it a lot and i'm starting to watch a lot of it, which led me here....and then seeing that it was going to shit lol. I guess that figures that I'd become a fan when it was going to shit huh?

There is still a TON of great and cool things happening in the business so please don't let our snarkiness about this recent stretch turn you away. It seems like WWE goes on autopilot around this time of year that the shows kind of don't make sense from a continuity standpoint.

Dryalex12
12-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Point taken, but yeah, im sorta on Hulu binge-watching the stuff from 2014 to now so i can catch up. I'll let you know what I think about it.

Also, I think my mom has a crush on Roman.

Piko
12-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Yeah, fall season WWE isn't great. Come January, it's going to pick up and build to Wrestlemania.

ltrandazzo
12-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Also, I think my mom has a crush on Roman.

Same.

Space Suicide
12-04-2018, 04:17 PM
the fact that Daniel Bryan got cleared to wrestle gives me hope that literally ANY wrestler with concussion issues can be cleared again. ESPECIALLY in the WWE.

Truth.

Saw something with her doing stuff at the PC. Good for her. Wonder how long she's going to do the GM thing.

Shes been at the PC for a few weeks now. I hope she finishes out the year with it and throws it to wayside to participate in the Royal Rumble.

They've had her opposite Sasha and Bayley again, so she's gotta be helping launch the women's tag team division, right? Her and Mickie?

Not sure if last night’s bs was real shoots or not but Sasha’s quick under the breath insult led to a witty comment back from Alexa. Just further makes me dislike her as a person.

I hope last night’s snap to Mickie, Alicia and Dana (wtf?!) is enough for her to break away from them as a group. I’m sick of Alexa with a group around her. I want her solo again.

”Going to shit” is subjective. You might like the current product as much as everything else.

ThinkIcouldburn
12-04-2018, 06:32 PM
im sorta on Hulu binge-watching

Just a heads up, NXT is on Hulu. While I'm glad you're enjoying WWE, If you want to really love wrestling and see how good it can be, give NXT a shot. Start at one of the earlier takeover shows, and be prepared to get engulfed.

Space Suicide
12-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Last grandstand from me on this Alexa injury bullshit, I find it almost hilarious people are so pissed that Nia "broke" Becky's face and she had to skip one worthless match and was out of work for what...3 weeks tops? Then I hear this disturbing shit, which was caused multiple times by Rousey:

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1070024458671456257

ltrandazzo
12-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Last grandstand from me on this Alexa injury bullshit, I find it almost hilarious people are so pissed that Nia "broke" Becky's face and she had to skip one worthless match and was out of work for what...3 weeks tops? Then I hear this disturbing shit, which was caused multiple times by Rousey:

https://twitter.com/BustedOpenRadio/status/1070024458671456257

Getting injured twice by Rousey when Rousey hasn't injured anyone else she's worked with does not make her dangerous. Nia Jax is dangerous - Ronda isn't, and I'm not a big Ronda fan. It's likely a mixture of bad luck and injuries that hid under the surface similar to Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. Alexa just has to adjust her style and that was the takeaway I had from what Mark Henry had to say.

henryeatscereal
12-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Jericho is one of my favorites and i do believe one of the greatest ever...

Even since he wrestled in Mexico as "Corazon De León" you could tell he was something special, but when he debuted in the WWE is when i became a full time fan!
It's interesting how well he can reinvent himself and how versatile he is both as a face or a heel.
He has had classic matches with Benoit, Angle and Shawn Michaels, i recommend you to check his ladder match vs Benoit at Royal Rumble 2001

Space Suicide
12-05-2018, 09:33 AM
Getting injured twice by Rousey when Rousey hasn't injured anyone else she's worked with does not make her dangerous. Nia Jax is dangerous - Ronda isn't, and I'm not a big Ronda fan. It's likely a mixture of bad luck and injuries that hid under the surface similar to Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler. Alexa just has to adjust her style and that was the takeaway I had from what Mark Henry had to say.

Understood. I just hate how it’s swept under the rug. Meanwhile they make Nia’s bs a character trait.

Piko
12-05-2018, 04:02 PM
RIP Dynamite Kid.

xfocalinx
12-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Nominated for some year end awards, if you could vote for me, that'd be stellar!
Best entrance: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169322x3D60437b-62 (Shawn Phoenix Fires it up!)
Best Guest: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169337xD24B477D-62
Match of the Year: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169345x3a2F9F7B-62 (you can vote for more than one!): Phoenix vs Whisper Vs Lee Vs Van Vs Hetfield Vs Rose // Matt Vertigo vs Phoenix vs Everett Cross vs Killian McMurphy

Space Suicide
12-05-2018, 07:42 PM
RIP Dynamite Kid.

I heard. He's a piece of gutter trash. No condolences from me, unfortunate for him.

Nominated for some year end awards, if you could vote for me, that'd be stellar!
Best entrance: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169322x3D60437b-62 (Shawn Phoenix Fires it up!)
Best Guest: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169337xD24B477D-62
Match of the Year: https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2169345x3a2F9F7B-62 (you can vote for more than one!): Phoenix vs Whisper Vs Lee Vs Van Vs Hetfield Vs Rose // Matt Vertigo vs Phoenix vs Everett Cross vs Killian McMurphy

Congrats. I did.

Piko
12-05-2018, 11:21 PM
I heard. He's a piece of gutter trash. No condolences from me, unfortunate for him.

Congrats. I did.He wasn't a good person. But, as a wrestler, he set the bar for the smaller guy. Way ahead of his time.

Space Suicide
12-06-2018, 06:58 AM
He wasn't a good person. But, as a wrestler, he set the bar for the smaller guy. Way ahead of his time.

Normally I don’t let real life actions or personality spill over into the art (Benoit is an exception) but his appalling behavior and deeds spill over into the wrestling world also. He’s done countless things to many people.

He might have been “good” during his era but people have surpassed him in my opinion.

onthewall2983
12-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Funny you say Benoit is an exception since he took a lot of Dynamite's style and made it his own.

Piko
12-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Normally I don’t let real life actions or personality spill over into the art (Benoit is an exception) but his appalling behavior and deeds spill over into the wrestling world also. He’s done countless things to many people.

He might have been “good” during his era but people have surpassed him in my opinion.Definitely was surpassed. But he was Benoit way before anyone like Benoit would've had a chance to succeed. If it weren't for the injuries and the behind the scenes stuff, gotta wonder how differently things would've gone for him.

Dryalex12
12-06-2018, 12:44 PM
sorta related, but some meth head tried to break into Chris Jericho's tour bus with him in it while his family was there and it went over about as you expected

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/chris_jericho_pummels_crazed_fan_on_meth_for_rushi ng_fozzy_tour_bus__breaking_techs_collarbone.html

Crazy meth head....

YOU JUST MADE THE LIST

onthewall2983
12-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Another legend, Larry "The Axe" Hennig, passed away (https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/larry-the-axe-hennig-has-passed-away/)

Dryalex12
12-07-2018, 02:28 PM
So, im on the sep....15 i think? im playing catch up with you guys and i like it so far, so i thought id give you my opinions of what im seeing

Chris Jericho: Just as amusing and awesome as the video's I've seen of him, funny, witty and full of charisma and has the moves to back him up, I love Y2J

The Miz: oh boy, just what I wanted, a real-life version of Johnny Cage.

Brock Lesner: I cannot fucking stand this guy, I hate his personality, he is fucking repetitive as hell, he comes off as such a prick that i just cant stand seeing him. He is very skilled yes but he lacks any likeability in my own opinion. and I sware if i hear Paul say MY CLIENT, BROCK LESNER one more time, im gonna kill someone

Sheamus: not too bad, nothing about him really stands out....well maybe his hair and he is like the whitest person in the ring, but I like him.

Kane: Masked Kane? Hell yes. Corporate Kane? Hell no

John Cena: I get why you guys might hate him, but I like him. What stands out to me is he really believes in everything he says and while he might not stand out move wise, but he makes up for it by his awesome personality, and he can do a good match. I like him.

Roman Reigns: Was this the time where he was likable? cuz i know that everyone hates him now, but he was getting a lot of cheers back then, and he seems pretty good...did he really go that far downhill?

The Undertaker: Its the fucking Undertaker, nothing more needs to be said, streak or not, he is still the most badass wrestler of all time imo. He is the reason I got into watching the WWE.

Let me know what you guys thought of 2014

Space Suicide
12-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Let me know what you guys thought of 2014

I stopped watching WWE in 2014 after WrestleMania XXX. After an amazing (my opinion) 2012 and an above average 2013 it was 2014 where things went south for me for main event card and CM Punk had quit after Royal Rumble. The women's division hadn't taken off yet and NXT was still somewhat new in 2014 as well.

I quit watching after XXX (April 2014) and returned this year for WrestleMania 34 (April again). I'm still watching now but aside from SmackDown! and Alexa Bliss on RAW (avatar is a giveaway) they're kinda...spinning the wheels in the mud now story wise.

RJK
12-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Becky's out her tweeting about Charlotte's breast implants!

1071138710006185984 (https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1071138710006185984?s=09)

Space Suicide
12-10-2018, 10:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nw4j08nfr4

https://i.giphy.com/media/qW314hUM91jDW/200.gif

P.S. Tonight's "Press Conference Q&A" needs to be like this.

ltrandazzo
12-10-2018, 06:12 PM
NIN-Spotting oops wrong thread
BrNoRJghSKR

Space Suicide
12-10-2018, 06:55 PM
NIN-Spotting oops wrong thread
BrNoRJghSKR

Another reason to toss onto the pile of why I can't stand that song anymore.

xfocalinx
12-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Made a surprise cameo-return to the company I got hurt at, my first appearance in front of a Pittsburgh. got a TREMENDOUS ovation time stood still.. all I did was do a "run in" distraction..but holy shit, it felt GREAT. I also sold the most shirts I EVER have in my entire career at 16. I'll post the video once I get it!!

ltrandazzo
12-11-2018, 04:45 PM
Again... use the stunner, Becky. Relent-lass Stun-Her.

henryeatscereal
12-12-2018, 08:23 AM
I heard that she has also used the People's Elbow before, imagine if they let her use both!

ltrandazzo
12-12-2018, 09:03 AM
TLC 2018 Predictions!

*looks at card* 12 matches? There's gonna be some nonsense with some of these. Also, four grudge matches and no tag team title defense for the Raw Tag Champs... yet. Will edit if anything changes.

Fabulous Truth vs. Mahalicia (MMC Finals) - There will be a dance break. I do not see any of these four making a shocking impact by being #30 in their Royal Rumbles, so I'm just gonna say Mahalicia get it with heel stuff.

Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton - I'm gonna go with Rey because if he's going to be a flagship guy for the next year, he needs this win.

Natalya vs. Ruby Riott - Ruby finally gets that big win she's been needing.

Elias vs. Lashley - I like Elias for this one.

Finn Balor vs. Drew McIntyre - I think Finn gets the win and Drew beats the hell out of him post-match, keeping momentum going for both. Both should hopefully be having a big 2019.

Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin - Yeah, this match isn't happening. I fully expect the time for this to be turned into a promo for Stephanie and Baron where she drags him.

Buddy vs. Cedric - I like Buddy to keep the cruiserweight title on this one. This will be another great match.

The Bar vs. New Day vs. Usos - I think we keep it on The Bar for the win on this one. I could also a hot potato and move the titles over to The Usos.

Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Asuka - DARK HORSE BIG PREDICTION - I think Asuka wins the title. I think Becky and Charlotte will destroy each other and get two big kicks to the head from Asuka who then climbs the ladder and pulls the title down. No one has to take a pin or submission on this match so this hurts no one. They're gonna have to free up Charlotte and Becky for whatever they plan to do with Ronda, but I think Asuka gets the belt, ends 2019 on a high note, and works to start building up the women's division without Becky or Charlotte. And BTW, Asuka deserves this for the year she's had, both for its ups and downs.

Ronda vs. Nia - I think Ronda punches or kicks Nia in the damn head and taps her out. This will be a quick match.

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles - I like DB to keep the title either through shenanigans or other means. This will be a match of the night contender.

Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose - Either through Baron Corbin or a surprise appearances from Brock Lesnar, Seth will lose the IC title to Dean setting up a possible WM showdown with Brock. I hope. Dean wins this one even without all of that.

henryeatscereal
12-12-2018, 09:26 AM
TLC Predictions:

- Rey VS Orton = Rey wins, Orton massacres him after the Match
- MMC Finals = Mahal and Alicia win (Nobody Cares...)
- Natalya VS Ruby Riott = Natalya wins
- Elias VS Lashley = Elias wins
- Balor VS McIntyre = McIntyre defeats "regular Balor", so he can have a rematch vs "Demon Balor"
- Buddy VS Cedric = Buddy retains
- The Bar VS New Day VS Usos = Don't care but i'll say ...The Bar
- Rollins VS Ambrose = Dean wins
- Ronda VS Nia = Ronda wins
- Becky VS Charlotte VS Asuka = Charlotte wins
- Strowman VS Corbin = Strowman wins (Squash match)
- Bryan VS AJ = Bryan retains

Space Suicide
12-12-2018, 09:39 AM
Man, Mixed Match Challenge took a shit and died. What was one of the funniest wrestling tournaments I’ve seen in years at the start of the year became a joke in the 2nd incarnation. Alexa, Braun, Sasha, Finn and Owens were replaced. 5 people!

ltrandazzo
12-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Man, Mixed Match Challenge took a shit and died. What was one of the funniest wrestling tournaments I’ve seen in years at the start of the year became a joke in the 2nd incarnation. Alexa, Braun, Sasha, Finn and Owens were replaced. 5 people!

Injury, injury, injury, illness, injury.

I think the lesson here is that the MMC needs to be shorter or have less teams. I'm leaning more to the former so they don't see the turbulence they saw with season 2.

xfocalinx
12-13-2018, 03:41 PM
short snippet of my cameo - return!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVrwxMlHv7/

enjoy!

Dryalex12
12-13-2018, 08:20 PM
at dec 2014 shows and i just want to say that i CANNOT FUCKING STAND JBL. Please tell me he is not still commentary...

Space Suicide
12-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Injury, injury, injury, illness, injury.

I think the lesson here is that the MMC needs to be shorter or have less teams. I'm leaning more to the former so they don't see the turbulence they saw with season 2.

I also forgot AJ Styles was replaced too!

at dec 2014 shows and i just want to say that i CANNOT FUCKING STAND JBL. Please tell me he is not still commentary...

Go back farther to when he was a main eventer on SmackDown! in 2004-2006. :p

He's gone but you still got Michael "Biggest Shill Ever" Cole on main commentary.

Piko
12-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Ronda retains
Usos win the tag titles
Ambrose wins
Rey wins
Lashley wins
Strowman wins in a squash
Drew destroys Balor
Bryan over AJ
Becky loses the belt. Not sure to who. Starting to lean toward the possibility of Asuka winning. Kind of hoping Charlotte so there's no way possible for a 3 way at mania. It can go either way. Asuka has a shot.

Dryalex12
12-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Just got done watching the 2015 royal rumble and jesus fuck the crowd is so fucking butthurt over it, its really stupid. Also how the fuck did The crowd go from cheering Roman the last night to universal booing? Did I miss something?

Piko
12-15-2018, 11:50 PM
Just got done watching the 2015 royal rumble and jesus fuck the crowd is so fucking butthurt over it, its really stupid. Also how the fuck did The crowd go from cheering Roman the last night to universal booing? Did I miss something?Some people felt his push was forced and rushed. Also, insert Daniel Bryan. If it wasn't him, they would revolt against you. The people booking it should've done better dealing with that. Or at the very least not put DB in the match. Everyone saw it comimg and people hated it.

ltrandazzo
12-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Some people felt his push was forced and pushed. Also, insert Daniel Bryan. If it wasn't him, they would revolt against you. The people booking it should've done better dealing with that. Or at the very least not put DB in the match. Everyone saw it comimg and people hated it.
Dryalex12 - It is interesting to see this perspective - watching all of this for the first time binge-style and seeing the reactions of the moment.

Piko
12-16-2018, 04:21 PM
My main issue with him. Almost everything was done against the grain instead of organically (like it should be). Being overly scripted didn't help him either. There's legit personality there. We don't get to see it too often because of him having to follow their mundane scripts.

And, whenever he would do something would get a positive response, they would then revert back to what they were doing before instead of what actually worked.

Main example. TLC 2016(?). He snaps and goes full badass on Triple H. Wins the belt the next night and got a good reaction. Then they reverted and he was booed again by rumble.

I truly believe when people boo, they aren't booing the man. They're going through him and booing Vince McMahon.

And speaking of Vince. He's gonna be on raw tomorrow. Only when ratings drop so low, he appears. Funny how that works.

ltrandazzo
12-16-2018, 04:43 PM
My main issue with him. Almost everything was done against the grain instead of organically (like it should be). Being overly scripted didn't help him either. There's legit personality there. We don't get to see it too often because of him having to follow their mundane scripts.

And, whenever he would do something would get a positive response, they would then revert back to what they were doing before instead of what actually worked.

Main example. TLC 2016(?). He snaps and goes full badass on Triple H. Wins the belt the next night and got a good reaction. Then they reverted and he was booed again by rumble.

I truly believe when people boo, they aren't booing the man. They're going through him and booing Vince McMahon.

And speaking of Vince. He's gonna be on raw tomorrow. Only when ratings drop so low, he appears. Funny how that works.

Great segue into this video below -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxl3ea0FTXk

I agree. I like Roman the wrestler quite a bit. I hate that WWE didn't always book him the right way but never really held that against him.

Space Suicide
12-16-2018, 07:26 PM
So TLC so far people?

Fuck Natalya (yes harsh from me). I hate what they have turned the Riott Squad into. Ruby should be in the main event scene, not losing to a woman on the roster 5 years removed past her prime performance. Remember the fart gimmick anyone?

People act like Liv actually got hurt through the table? I wonder if that's the case, I figured she was faking it to create a cheap shot opportunity for Ruby when Natalya tries to see how she is like most faces do to heels via injury.

Click bait video title by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbjfg-KCV-4

Space Suicide
12-16-2018, 08:27 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/a117bd68479af3d474e70967e04dc28e/tumblr_pjv03kFXjW1rv3xlzo1_400.gif

Back to mid card Nia.

Piko
12-16-2018, 09:03 PM
About to put it on. I know nothing other than what's been posted.

Space Suicide
12-16-2018, 09:33 PM
About to put it on. I know nothing other than what's been posted.

Best show of the year along with Hell in a Cell in my opinion.

Piko
12-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Best show of the year along with Hell in a Cell in my opinion.Wow, seriously? I might just hold off until tomorrow then.

ThinkIcouldburn
12-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Shit I hope Charlotte is okay. That did not look good at all.

Space Suicide
12-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Wow, seriously? I might just hold off until tomorrow then.

Only two bad matches on the card (Mixed Match Challenge Finals and Rollins/Ambrose).

ltrandazzo
12-16-2018, 10:58 PM
I fucking called that with Asuka.

loopcloses
12-17-2018, 05:03 AM
The Styles/Bryan and TLC matches were really really good, and I thought there were issues with the Ambrose match but generally I liked it. If not for Rollins's nonsensical selling and the dumb "babyface has the match won but blows his gasket and loses" ending I thought it was really well-worked. Ambrose was pretty great for his part. It reminded me of that first Zayn/Owens match in NXT that was clearly the first act of the story where the villain wins, but the problem was it fell apart at the end...

- Zayn got virtually no offense outside some brief rallies, Rollins hit most all of his big spots
- in the finishes, Owen's offensive onslaught eventually became too much and he ended up beating Zayn into mush because Zayn wouldn't quit, while Rollins fell for a blatantly obvious mind game after he had the match won

If you're going to do a bunch of high spots and a 'heel barely wins by cheating' finish, don't spend the first two thirds of the match having the heel methodically dismantle the babyface.

ltrandazzo
12-17-2018, 08:41 AM
This turned out to be a pretty darn good PPV, all things considered with the issues around Raw. MMC was a TV match that should've stayed on the pre-show, Ruby and Nattie was... whatever (I take nothing away from either of them as they had a good match but the story dragged me completely out of it.), and Rollins and Ambrose was just way too long and almost felt like HBK booked the damn thing. I disagree with the crowd chants during that one, but it needed about five minutes shaved off of it.

Asuka winning the title was amazing and absolutely the right call for this match. Like I said above, this finish hurts no one. Ronda coming out and costing both Charlotte and Becky the win is excellent setup for Wrestlemania season and I'm excited to see what they do around it. It made zero sense for both women's titles to be caught up in that feud, so getting it off Becky in that fashion was the way to go. It also rewards Asuka for the year she had with the Rumble, WM34, the off-time during that and some of the downs, and then ending 2018 on the highest of notes.

quietime
12-17-2018, 03:33 PM
After all the trash talking she does it's nice to see The Man show some respect to The Empress.

https://i.imgur.com/86ypRmvl.png

Dryalex12
12-17-2018, 05:53 PM
I'm starting to see why you guys love Sting.

Space Suicide
12-17-2018, 06:40 PM
I'm starting to see why you guys love Sting.

Trust me, people loved Sting for very different reasons than nostalgia back in WCW.

His WWE run was fucked.

Dryalex12
12-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Trust me, people loved Sting for very different reasons than nostalgia back in WCW.

His WWE run was fucked.

I really like his energy. He's got a great personality, pretty awesome on the mic too. Something about seeing him just makes me excited.

Space Suicide
12-18-2018, 07:06 AM
Last night's RAW felt no different in quality? They automatically lose points with me for no Alexa Bliss in attendance but hopefully she’s recuperating with relaxation, her family and training for her return.

Also why the fuck is Natalya getting a title shot out of ALL of those women?

henryeatscereal
12-18-2018, 08:57 AM
The "big shakeup" is that all McMahons will be running both shows?, lol... what a joke!

I'm so glad i stopped watching RAW, CM Punk was right...

Piko
12-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Thought the show was an improvement. Still a ton of room to grow, obviously. I could tell they tried and didn't regurgitate nearly as much as thry were. They promised fresh matchups, and we got some.

Pretty cool, Breeze reverted back to his old gimmick. He lost, but they gave him some credibility. Hopefully they do more with him. He's so good. Could be a solid midcard champion if given the chance.

Not sure how I feel about a bigger McMahon presence. Sounds like more salt in the wound imo.

And hopefully, they don't affect Smackdown too much as it's the superior show. And Paige has done a pretty good job overall in the GM role.

ltrandazzo
12-18-2018, 09:43 AM
And hopefully, they don't affect Smackdown too much as it's the superior show. And Paige has done a pretty good job overall in the GM role.

I think I'm most concerned about this - Paige has really flourished in the GM role and unless she's getting ready to manage someone, they should keep her in that role.

Piko
12-18-2018, 10:54 AM
She's been on point. The ratings haven't though. Worst case they have her manage. But, I hope they just work alongside her if anything. I wouldn't change much about SD.

Dryalex12
12-18-2018, 12:28 PM
man that 2015 Wrestlemania was awesome, that RKO in the air was sick, Sting was still awesome even if he did lose. Taker is still awesome, plus Wyett's reactions to Taker grabbing him when he was mocking him and when he sat up was funny as hell. Also Seth Freaking Rollins, FINALLY using that damn money in the bank.

The raw that followed it was pretty good too, Brock went nuts.

Piko
12-18-2018, 01:54 PM
man that 2015 Wrestlemania was awesome, that RKO in the air was sick, Sting was still awesome even if he did lose. Taker is still awesome, plus Wyett's reactions to Taker grabbing him when he was mocking him and when he sat up was funny as hell. Also Seth Freaking Rollins, FINALLY using that damn money in the bank.

The raw that followed it was pretty good too, Brock went nuts.Rollins might be the best sell to the rko, tbh. Possibly the best RKO right there. Rollins was dead.

The Sting match was great. Didn't like the result. That was Sting's call though.

Solid mania. The ones after, not so much imo. Assuming you watched mania 30? That's another solid show.

ThinkIcouldburn
12-18-2018, 04:03 PM
I saw a ton of desperation last night, some positives, but..... I dunno, feels like bullshit. The KO and Sami Zayn teasers felt like, "We know you miss them. They're coming back. We promise." Nice to see someone new getting given a shot, but if you wanted me to believe things are going to be different, Tyler Breeze should have won last night. The Ambrose vs. Rollins feud no longer needs that belt. It needs a red belt which I haven't seen on raw in what feels like forever. Also the sirens in Ambrose's theme are annoying as all hell. They need to cut that shit off now.

Also, ending with that woman's match was just a bad choice. At the very least surprise me with the ending. Oh, Natalya won, but wait, we have one more entry. It's a returning Alexa Bliss, or if she's still on the no fly list, call up Candice LeRae and have her win.

Also, last night would have been a really, really good time to have Bray Wyatt reappear.

Piko
12-18-2018, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't have minded Breeze winning the title. Normally, I'd say it's too soon to drop a title. But there's something about Dean that doesn't click. It's like Orton. Cares when he wants to and it shows. There's a disconnect there. And that's what's always going to hold him back imo.

versusreality
12-18-2018, 06:00 PM
last night was really more of the same, nothing new. and read the spoilers for next week's episode- sounds even worse.

McMahon's come out- take the blame. "oh good, they're owning up to it" . out comes Corbin, they blame him "nope, they're not owning up to it" . Corbin's match was basically a repeat of the Braun match from the night before, except Angle was in it. and I get it- tie up the Angle vs. Corbin storyline thing.

but they also said that "it's the people" who call the shots now. we know that's not true. but then to add salt into the wound, out comes Steph to announce the women's match.

I wasn't expecting much with the shakeup but it really looks like it's going to be the same ol same ol. and with the same folks in charge, that's to be expected.

K-Rice
12-18-2018, 09:18 PM
I never noticed there was a wrestling thread on here till now lol. Anyways I hope WWE is serious about improving the show quality. I wouldn't expect to see any real noticeable change for at least a couple weeks, though. With Raw and Smackdown both falling on holidays the next two weeks, everyone will be traveling or spending time with family so WWE won't care too much about ratings. After the new year, things should start trending upwards.

Piko
12-18-2018, 09:48 PM
If they're really serious, it's going to be awhile until we see any kind of end result. Especially when they have active storylines in progress. The next two weeks are holidays. So not much is really happening there.

Smackdown was solid imo. Some disagree. They put over Mustafa Ali in a very big way tonight. Nearly killed Bryan with his splash. So hopefully he's ok.

ltrandazzo
12-19-2018, 09:11 AM
Having gone through the spoilers for next week's episodes, it seems like some continuations from this week but that the shows seem to avoid MAJOR Christmas silliness, past an R-Truth appearance as Santa Claus, of course. I think we'll start to see some implementation of this "fresh start" in two weeks but, I think leaning too hard on the McMahons outside of Triple H could end up hurting more than helping unless they make some major about-faces.

Ideally, the authority figure should now make matches, preside over contract signings, and handle the heels. I think we're past the era of the corrupt authority figure and WWE needs to catch up on this. Shane and Paige did this well, so Triple H and Steph need to catch up with them on that level.

Piko
12-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Their strategy to fix ratings is to throw a McMahon in front of it. It worked. Ratings went up a little bit. They can't be the focal point.

Triple H gets it. On NXT, you only see Regal when you need to. The show is never centered around him. He helps progress things like he's supposed to as a GM. That's how it should be.

Hopefully, it doesn't get to that. They have a massive amount of talent on their rosters. They can carry the show if you let them, not a mandatory GM authority figure.

ltrandazzo
12-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Their strategy to fix ratings is to throw a McMahon in front of it. It worked. Ratings went up a little bit. They can't be the focal point.

Triple H gets it. On NXT, you only see Regal when you need to. The show is never centered around him. He helps progress things like he's supposed to as a GM. That's how it should be.

Hopefully, it doesn't get to that. They have a massive amount of talent on their rosters. They can carry the show if you let them, not a mandatory GM authority figure.

Whenever I see a heel GM or Commish, all I can think of is "well, this is going to suck away time that they could be using to build up their talent." It's not the late 90s anymore and sticking it to the boss has been played through countless times. I'm hopeful that the rundown on Baron Corbin is a sign of them getting that message. What Smackdown has been doing with Daniel Bryan has been excellent. They need a nuclear heel wrestler like that on Raw - Corbin could slot into that role post-WM once the Universal title is *hopefully* brought back full-time.

Dryalex12
12-19-2018, 12:26 PM
H e y g u y s d i d y o u k n o w s e t h r o l l i n s s o l d o u t ?

ltrandazzo
12-19-2018, 12:34 PM
H e y g u y s d i d y o u k n o w s e t h r o l l i n s s o l d o u t ?

He didn't sell out, he bought in!!!!!

xfocalinx
12-19-2018, 01:40 PM
some of you are curious, heres footage of my life-changing accident:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrkyU1llyU2/

richardp
12-19-2018, 02:32 PM

Fucking hell man. I'm honestly shocked you're still able to function after that. You sir are a fucking warrior.

Piko
12-19-2018, 03:33 PM
He didn't sell out, he bought in!!!!!Sold out long before you ever knew his name(s).

xfocalinx
12-19-2018, 08:39 PM
Fucking hell man. I'm honestly shocked you're still able to function after that. You sir are a fucking warrior.

yeah, I'm very, very lucky!!

Dryalex12
12-19-2018, 08:55 PM
So im curious, when does the sudden Roman hate start happening? Im on the June 1st, 2015 episode and he's still getting a lot of pops. Also he doesn't really bother me (but I hope he quits with the stupid nursery rhythm insults......who the fuck told him to say "suffering succotash?")

richardp
12-19-2018, 09:29 PM
So im curious, when does the sudden Roman hate start happening? Im on the June 1st, 2015 episode and he's still getting a lot of pops. Also he doesn't really bother me (but I hope he quits with the stupid nursery rhythm insults......who the fuck told him to say "suffering succotash?")

Pretty much right around this point in time and onward.

henryeatscereal
12-19-2018, 10:19 PM

I'm so done with Authority figures, it's always the same, either Heel or face GM, it's a tired act

Piko
12-20-2018, 01:01 AM
It amazes me though. He's done authority figures right in the past. Gorilla Monsoon was the President or whatever. Very rarely got involved in storylines. Only showed up when he needed to. Granted it was the 90s. But surely, Vince has to remember how to do it. He spent two decades doing it pretty much.

Dryalex12
12-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Okay, was not expecting Kevin Owens to be an asshole, holy shit lol

ltrandazzo
12-20-2018, 11:31 AM

Also something to be aware of, it was around this time that WWE started re-dubbing the sound on their programs post-broadcast to remove the boos from Roman's matches. See the Wikipedia article here. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_and_reception_of_Roman_Reigns#Controversia l_rise_to_main_event_status_(2014%E2%80%932016))

Dryalex12
12-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Also something to be aware of, it was around this time that WWE started re-dubbing the sound on their programs post-broadcast to remove the boos from Roman's matches. See the Wikipedia article here. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_and_reception_of_Roman_Reigns#Controversia l_rise_to_main_event_status_(2014%E2%80%932016))

....wow

Piko
12-20-2018, 12:08 PM
....wowOr add in fan footage from other shows to make it seem like they're cheering for him or against the other guy.

xfocalinx
12-20-2018, 01:10 PM
So, I made the NYpost,
Disco inferno buried me.
The hurricane put me over
Jim cornette buried me.
Matt Jackson tweeted at me, checking on me,
Shelly Martinez did the same.
Vampiro offered to watch my matches.

life is weird.

Piko
12-20-2018, 01:33 PM
So, I made the NYpost,
Disco inferno buried me.
Jim cornette buried me.

life is weird.Disco is an idiot who knows nothing and did nothing. Not shocked about Cornette. It's nothing the midnight express or rock n roll express would've done, so obviously it's awful.

Just watched the vid. You're extremely lucky. You took some damage but it's amazing you didn't get a concussion from that.

xfocalinx
12-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Disco is an idiot who knows nothing and did nothing. Not shocked about Cornette. It's nothing the midnight express or rock n roll express would've done, so obviously it's awful.

Just watched the vid. You're extremely lucky. You took some damage but it's amazing you didn't get a concussion from that.

I'm legitimentally not upset by any of the negative posts other than people questioning the validity of my trainer. I did this on my own free will, he has nothing to do with it. Every retweet, whether it be a negative post or positive is exposure, this is what I wanted.

I am unbelievably lucky..however, i DID receive a minor concussion!..it turns out, if my skull didn't break, the concussion would have been much, much worse.

Piko
12-20-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm legitimentally not upset by any of the negative posts other than people questioning the validity of my trainer. I did this on my own free will, he has nothing to do with it. Every retweet, whether it be a negative post or positive is exposure, this is what I wanted.

I am unbelievably lucky..however, i DID receive a minor concussion!..it turns out, if my skull didn't break, the concussion would have been much, much worse.I'm looking at the disco post now and your responses. Handling it pretty well. You're trending.

ltrandazzo
12-20-2018, 04:59 PM

I am unbelievably lucky..however, i DID receive a minor concussion!..it turns out, if my skull didn't break, the concussion would have been much, much worse.

Dude, I'd be peeing myself right now after this. Keep moving forward. Talent recognizes talent.

Archive_Reports
12-20-2018, 05:17 PM
xfocalinx I'm not a wrestling fan, but I've enjoyed popping in here and following your career. You're a tough dude who isn't letting naysayers drag him down. Good on you, man.

Warped_Savant
12-20-2018, 05:49 PM

I haven't been on here in forever but I saw the clip of you smashing into the ground on the 'net today. I'm glad to see you're doing okay. Hopefully there's no complications with your recovery.

xfocalinx
12-20-2018, 06:09 PM
@xfocalinx (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=778) I'm not a wrestling fan, but I've enjoyed popping in here and following your career. You're a tough dude who isn't letting naysayers drag him down. Good on you, man.

I appreciate it, man!!

I haven't been on here in forever but I saw the clip of you smashing into the ground on the 'net today. I'm glad to see you're doing okay. Hopefully there's no complications with your recovery.

so far, no complications, only good things are coming from this!

Conan The Barbarian
12-20-2018, 06:30 PM
You have made it to wrestlebotch Instagram. I’m glad you are ok.

xfocalinx
12-20-2018, 06:43 PM
You have made it to wrestlebotch Instagram. I’m glad you are ok.

I'm glad too, once this all dies down, I'll submit my video to botchamania to get another interest spike!

henryeatscereal
12-20-2018, 07:25 PM
So, I made the NYpost,
Disco inferno buried me.
Jim cornette buried me.

life is weird.
I always like The Hurricane and Vampiro seems like a cool guy, I'm not surprised by Cornette, he hates everything that came after the 90's and fuck Disco Inferno, he's a nobody...

xfocalinx
12-20-2018, 08:56 PM
I always like The Hurricane and Vampiro seems like a cool guy, I'm not surprised by Cornette, he hates everything that came after the 90's and fuck Disco Inferno, he's a nobody...

now i made dailymail.co.uk

this is insane!

honestly I"m not upset by the negativity, it's ALL exposure!

Space Suicide
12-20-2018, 09:07 PM
A total negative became a positive. Least it's working for you in some form.

xfocalinx
12-20-2018, 09:26 PM
A total negative became a positive. Least it's working for you in some form.

every new follower is a new person to join me on my journey, a new person to captivate, a new person to sell a ticket to, a new person to sell a tshirt to, i'm excited!

xfocalinx
12-21-2018, 11:06 PM
Sorry for the double post, nominated for another award:

http://iwcwrestling.com/news/dec2018/1221-2018yearendawards.html
"2018 IWC Most Memorable Moment of the Year" : Shawn Phoenix returns to help fend off The Culmination - Pittsburgh Pro Wrestling Classic

AND you can vote multiple times <3

quietime
12-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Anybody else excited about this? Personally I think this is going to be the the best day of WM week. Shimmer, Stardom and NXT Takeover all on the same day! Hopefully I'll be able to get tickets tonight. JUNGLE JUNGLE!

https://i.imgur.com/uqMQfOfl.png

Also this reply from Stardom is pure gold. It's true Stardom doesn't need NJPW or especially ROH. Haha.

https://i.imgur.com/Ijk760hl.png

Space Suicide
12-27-2018, 08:41 PM
NXT (WWE) Theme Appreciation Post. All the best themes in the company are in NXT (aside from Corbin's).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSZ3Vsugso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7k1fhZu7TQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnzfT44KXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrUm_O8xMA0

Space Suicide
12-31-2018, 03:58 PM
https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48958848_2000803143301403_4258361968341024768_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=69dd3a77ae28dc3ad16e4079fc366562&oe=5CC7DC04