PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

henryeatscereal
06-28-2012, 05:11 PM
This may be a stretch but does anyone also miss Kerwin White? It was so ridiculously funny.

Google it if you don't know who/what I'm taking about.
Kervin had posibilites, personaly i prefer him as Chavo, but i was intriged and wanted to see how far the character could go, shame the tragedy with Eddie prevented this (Also, i heard somewhere that Chavo didnt liked the character)

On Kane: I loved when he burned JR, hahahaha, was both funny and scary, i remember that i hated the decition of taking his mask off, but his run without it was very good, and i think it revitalized his character but just like Conan i preffer mysterious Kane with Paul Berer as his spokesperson

Kid Charlemagne
06-29-2012, 07:31 PM
What I wouldn't give to put a finger in AJ's ass.

And please God bring back Steve Blackman on Raw or X-Pac.

Warped_Savant
06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Oh hell yeah, Charlemagne! It was especially nice looking tonight.

I keep hoping that they'll make William Regal the GM.

poinoup
07-02-2012, 12:48 AM
You know what's cooler than ring announcing an indie show? Giving Booker T a copy of his first title win in WCW and giving Lance Storm a copy of his last 2 ROH matches...I'm marking out hardcore right now!

Damn awesome to be in the business!

Space Suicide
07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Doink and DDP!

thevoid99
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM
DDP looks great. Still got it! Man, I thought AJ was going to jump. That would've been sick. Yet, the stunt she pulled was still pretty awesome. I can't believe Tyson Kidd beat Prince Al... I mean... oh who gives a shit!

henryeatscereal
07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I didn't watched RAW, such a shame, DDP is one of my favorites...

Still im intrigued, AJ is slowly becoming WWE's best thing right now (!)

Piko
07-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I marked out big time for DDP. Seemed like everyone did. Shame WWE let him go... and it sucks for Lord Albert. They build him up, it backfired on them, and now he's back to jobbing...

Space Suicide
07-09-2012, 01:58 AM
This rules:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpBNFFPv2k&list=UUvrCPiIgRJjgLPr5A2tO2-w&index=4&feature=plcp

So does this. A remix of the Ministry theme, God I loved that theme. So evil...haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5arl57U8HY&feature=related

thevoid99
07-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Hornswoggle? He was the anonymous RAW GM? That was hella-dumb.

Space Suicide
07-09-2012, 10:51 PM

I'm surprised/scratching my head at why he's still around.

Anyone else tired of this AJ thing? Especially with randomly copying Bryan's Yes! for absolutely no goddamn reason?

Kid Charlemagne
07-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I like AJ, I think the angle is fine, but any longer after MITB and they're pushing it. But...BOB BACKLUND!

henryeatscereal
07-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Not the first time they use Hornswoggle in a major storyline: http://youtu.be/nAPZIj-gHFE

But i digress: why he's still around? i'll never now (in the meantime they release talented guys like Shelton Benjamin)

Piko
07-10-2012, 07:54 AM

Seems like they use him as a last resort (lets get it out of the way). After all the buildup about Vince's illegitimate son, which was probably supposed to be Mr. Kennedy until he got caught juicing. They heavily heavily implied it was probably Kennedy. But they ended up releasing him, and they were left with nothing. And I guess they figured "well... this sucks. How about we make Hornswoggle the son. Might get a few laughs, right?".

Same goes for the anonymous GM. Not sure if it was supposed to be a certain person. Probably was but it fell through I'm guessing. So why not Hornswoggle to tie.up that loose end as well?

No idea why he's still around either.

onthewall2983
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw0oAwTGIPo&feature=g-u-u

This looks really really good.

Tums206_BFY
07-10-2012, 02:36 PM
What I wouldn't give to put a finger in AJ's ass.

And please God bring back Steve Blackman on Raw or X-Pac.

Yes I will mark the fuck out if the Lethal Weapon Steve Blackman returns on RAW! Oh man

henryeatscereal
07-10-2012, 09:41 PM
This looks really really good.
Never been a huge fan of Nash but i gotta admit this sounds good... he must know a lot of shit 'bout HBK, HHH, Hogan and Scott Hall

onthewall2983
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Nash is always good in shoot interviews, partly because of everything that he's been involved in but mostly because he's as smart and as funny as anybody in the business.

Space Suicide
07-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I never liked Steve Blackman but his Hardcore Championship Match against Shane McMahon at SummerSlam 2000 was amazing.

henryeatscereal
07-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Is it me? or Shane O Mac always had awesome matches?

http://youtu.be/WESO_xQ5Bgs

Kid Charlemagne
07-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Shane could hardly wrestle, but boy could he sell a good match. That Summerslam match from '99 where him and Test fought was dope.

Piko
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Shane was a terrible wrestler. But he took some huge beatings and falls. King of the Ring against Angle was pretty brutal. Especially when the glass didn't break the first time...

henryeatscereal
07-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Shane could hardly wrestle, but boy could he sell a good match. That Summerslam match from '99 where him and Test fought was dope.
I also like his matches with The Big Show, X-Pac and Vince McMahon, but the ones with Angle take the cake, i agree that his wrestling skills weren't the best, but the guy was an awesome stunt man, his flying elbows from the top were crazy shit

Piko
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I think it was a match against Kane. He climbs way high (forget how high), and does an elbow drop. He was ballsy.

On a side note, have any of you guys ever heard of botchamania? If not, I highly recommend it. So wrong, but yet so funny.

thevoid99
07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Shane O Mac is the bomb. No one could do sick bumps as good as he did. You gotta give the guy credit. Even though he was the boss' son, he was willing to take one for the company. He's more legit than Eric Bischoff's kid.

Space Suicide
07-14-2012, 08:47 AM
I think it was a match against Kane. He climbs way high (forget how high), and does an elbow drop. He was ballsy.

On a side note, have any of you guys ever heard of botchamania? If not, I highly recommend it. So wrong, but yet so funny.

The 2003 Unforgiven Last Man Standing Match you mean. he went to the top of the titantron and jumped but Kane ended up moving though....haha. Shane got so abused during that feud.

Piko
07-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Yep, that would be the one. Shane was abused in probably every match was in, heh. But damn, that dude had guts and could fly for a corporate fella.

On a side-note. I'm in a dilemma. Breaking Bad season premiere or ppv? Not sure how much I really care about this one...

Space Suicide
07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Yep, that would be the one. Shane was abused in probably every match was in, heh. But damn, that dude had guts and could fly for a corporate fella.

On a side-note. I'm in a dilemma. Breaking Bad season premiere or ppv? Not sure how much I really care about this one...

Yeah, Shane sadly rarely wins any match he's against...unless it's Vince or Bischoff. Shame.

Breaking Bad > Money in the Bank

Money in the Bank has two good matches only - Kane vs Big Show vs Jericho vs Cena (I bet Cena will win) and Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (I bet CM Punk will win or there will be a no contest due to AJ).

Piko
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Shane sadly rarely wins any match he's against...unless it's Vince or Bischoff. Shame.

Breaking Bad > Money in the Bank

Money in the Bank has two good matches only - Kane vs Big Show vs Jericho vs Cena (I bet Cena will win) and Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (I bet CM Punk will win or there will be a no contest due to AJ).

I multitasked. Watching Breaking Bad, while the ppv was playing silent in the background. Wasn't worth the trouble (although there was no actual trouble). Predicable from the very beginning. Meh...

Kid Charlemagne
07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
That CM Punk/Daniel Bryan match was awesome, probably one of the best this year. Other than that, fuck it. Fuck Cena, I hate him. Even worse was bringing back The Miz.

thevoid99
07-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I just read the PPV report that there were some chants for Sheamus that is now becoming similar to the "Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks" chants.

henryeatscereal
07-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Sheamus, meh

thevoid99
07-15-2012, 10:49 PM
At least Dolph Ziggler won the Money in the Bank briefcase!

henryeatscereal
07-15-2012, 11:00 PM
^Well deserved win, for a great worker! im downloading the PPV, looking forward to watch that CM Punk/Bryan Match and... AJ's lickable ass, giggity

Piko
07-15-2012, 11:15 PM
At least Dolph Ziggler won the Money in the Bank briefcase!

That was probably the only redeemable part of the ppv. Just hopefully the writers don't botch it. Just waiting for the day until he finally ditches guererro.

Space Suicide
07-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh gee, Cena won again.

So fucking predictable, Jesus Christ WWE! I am so sick of this guy winning every fucking match, it's boring, stale and hindering other's from progress or spotlight. Damn man.

Piko
07-16-2012, 08:06 AM
All I want is something to keep me guessing. They're not capable of that anymore. Everything, you can just about see from a mile away these days. Yeah, I agree about cena winning every match. Total Hogan BS. Wins every match. And when he loses, its never clean.

henryeatscereal
07-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Remember Wrestling Signs?
I meant when they used to be: intelligent, nasty, not "PG" and mostly had some fuckin balls?
I was bored so i compiled some of my faves, enjoy:

"RAW = Really Awful Wrestling"
"Time to play the Game: }{ungry }{ungry }{ippos
"Paul Bearer collects chins"
"Dyslexia 6:13"
"Gangrel fears Buffy"
"Scott Hall fears Betty Ford"
"Bored (with arrows pointing everywhere)"
"Sable you left your toothbrush at my house last night"
"Chyna: toughest man in all of wrestling"
"Sting is an evil mime"
"Hogan, Act Your Age (with picture of tombstone)"
"Hogan vs. Flair.... Age in the Cage!!!"
"Sexual Peanut Butter"
"Condoms Prevent Dudleys"
"Goldberg = 2 moves"
"WCW = Wheel Chair Wrestling"
"Pepe = R.I.P.
"Val Venis has no penis"
"Booker T stole my wallet!"
"Juvi sung with Menudo"
"Hunter Hearts Homos"
"Kane is my dentist"
"This space for rent"

Piko
07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
The crowd chants some pretty funny things from time to time though. The Goldberg chants for Ryback are priceless. Same for Albert. Unfortunately, for Albert, that might have ruined his Tensai run...

Callahan
07-19-2012, 03:22 PM
"Paul Bearer collects chins"

For some reason, I couldn't stop laughing with this one!

henryeatscereal
07-19-2012, 04:43 PM
The crowd chants some pretty funny things from time to time though. The Goldberg chants for Ryback are priceless. Same for Albert. Unfortunately, for Albert, that might have ruined his Tensai run...
Yup, too bad it doesnt happen always, also the wrestling signs that are offensive or the WWE simply does not like get confiscated by security.
It's a shame about Albert he's very talented but the stupid Tensai gimmick didn't help, he needs a "talking gimmick" dammit

Piko
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Yup, too bad it doesnt happen always, also the wrestling signs that are offensive or the WWE simply does not like get confiscated by security.
It's a shame about Albert he's very talented but the stupid Tensai gimmick didn't help, he needs a "talking gimmick" dammit

Wow, that's kinda extreme... And for Albert, i'd make him disappear for awhile, then bring him back as Albert. They made a joke of him. That's the only way I can see them fixing the situation. But knowing WWE, they'll probably end up cutting him loose eventually...

henryeatscereal
07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Wow, that's kinda extreme... And for Albert, i'd make him disappear for awhile, then bring him back as Albert. They made a joke of him. That's the only way I can see them fixing the situation. But knowing WWE, they'll probably end up cutting him loose eventually...
I will mis him, but what the hell they have released him before and the guy is huge in Japan (both metaphoric and literally)
Anyways, here's more funny wrestling signs for you guys:

"Look MA I'm on Rasslin'!!!"
"WCW = We Can't Wrestle"
"NWO-Nash Wussed Out"
"Big Show Please Don't Spit on Us"
"RAW Spoiler: Triple H Wins!"
"No more 3:16 Signs, 3:16"
"Hogan Fears Rogaine"
"Triple H fears divorce"
"Vince McMahon was screwed by a panda"
"We love all 26 Guerreros"
"Hey Godfather, pimpin' ain't legal"
"Drunk 24:7"
"I didnt know what to write"

henryeatscereal
07-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Holy shit DX (minus Chyna)

Piko
07-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Pretty awesome to see. Wish Rick Rude were still here...

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Mae young with a hand!

Piko
07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
What the hell just happened with that "wedding"? I'm starting to get tired of AJ. Now she's GM? How long will that last?

henryeatscereal
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Mae young with a hand!
As corny as it was: I liked that reference...

Regarding AJ: The whole segment didn't made any sense but Bryan made it awesome, plus the AJ character keeps growing i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, don't like her a GM either but can't be worse than Hornswoggle as a choice

Space Suicide
07-23-2012, 08:46 PM
The Miz won? Bummer.

UGH.

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I like The Miz, better than Christian.

Space Suicide
07-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I like The Miz, better than Christian.

His character holds nothing to me, he's just...there.

I've always liked Christian, always more than Edge too.

We all knew it was going to be a yes but they finally just agreed to HHH vs Lesnar at SummerSlam.

henryeatscereal
07-23-2012, 09:08 PM
The Miz has improved but it's such a shame to watch Christian job to him, sadly he's going nowhere and i think the title is better with The Miz, Christian is above it but he needs an interesting storyline and reinvent himself...

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
APA!

#10characters

Piko
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty whatever about Christian these days... Probably blame WWE's creative on that one though. Just seems boring now and a shell of what he used to be. The Miz has improved a lot and is very underrated. I'd rather see the belt on him, any belt really. Just a shame that he went from WWE Champion to Intercontinental, but oh well... I thought he was turning into another Jack Swagger.

Conan The Barbarian
07-23-2012, 09:40 PM
takers robe looks awesome.

henryeatscereal
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
takers robe looks awesome.
It stuck in Taker's head, lol

Conan The Barbarian
07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
lol yea.

if Cena wins, I'm rioting.

thevoid99
07-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Tonight's RAW was pretty good. The ending... man... I don't think Punk turns heel but it is known that he doesn't like the Rock very much. The Rock was great tonight and he was rolling until Punk attacked him. I also have to give Daniel Bryan credit. The dude had balls to stand up to the Rock only to be called an Oompa Loompa and take it. Plus, Charlie Sheen insulting him was pretty funny. It's good to see the New Age Outlaws, X-Pac, Lita, Trish, and the rest of the legends there.

Piko
07-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Punk's been pretty outspoken on The Rock. So that's all there is to it. Something's gonna happen with Cena though, like a rematch (hope not). I'm thinking fatal four way at summerslam.

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
I thought the Fatal 4 way thing as well. But man, where the fuck was Stone Cold?

Piko
07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Good question. Very, very odd to not have Stone Cold there.

Space Suicide
07-24-2012, 02:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYsYAdYMqB4

I miss this so fucking much!

henryeatscereal
07-24-2012, 12:22 PM
^The Hurricane and Super Hero In Training!

Kid Charlemagne
07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Stone Cold tweeted that he just had surgery and didn't want to appear in crutches. Good for him, maybe we'll see him for Raw 1500.

Space Suicide
07-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I hate that Nickelshit has the current RAW theme. Fucking sucks.

thevoid99
07-24-2012, 02:56 PM
I hate that Nickelshit has the current RAW theme. Fucking sucks.

Anyone with taste hates Nickelturd. It was good not to hear them at the RAW 1000.

onthewall2983
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I think what we heard is the new theme for the show. Goodbye Nickleback, hello dubstep.

henryeatscereal
07-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Good, Maybe Skrillex will make HHH's new theme, lol

Piko
07-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Rather dubstep than nickelback. Any day. Doesn't matter what it's for (sports, etc). No to nickelback.

Kid Charlemagne
07-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Still think the best Raw theme was the one that The Union Underground did.

henryeatscereal
07-30-2012, 12:52 PM
My money is in "Thorn in your Eye", anyone is buying/downloading the new WWE CD anthology? like a lot of the old theme songs...

xfocalinx
08-01-2012, 06:05 PM
anyone care to see some of my wrestling? I'm not indy-yet. but I do have professional training, currently yarding, (but not like the 90's ECW yarding). PM me if you'd like to view! :) I'm always looking to see what people like/didn't like!

Space Suicide
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
This made me laugh like a 4 year old girl.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m52lbhCGsi1qggc5jo1_500.jpg

henryeatscereal
08-03-2012, 02:33 PM
^ Perspective: That picture Needs Some...

Space Suicide
08-20-2012, 05:09 PM
SummerSlam, you were disappointing for a 25th anniversary.

Evidently Brock Lesnar can beat Triple H but couldn't beat John Cena at Extreme Rules. Piss off.

Sheamus retains! Yayyyyyyy, time for the boredom to resume.

CM Punk retained like I knew he would. Fucking boring as well.

Kane lost to Daniel Bryan? Great, back to being a jobber again even with the mask.

Also where the fuck is Tensai? Fucking waste signing his ass a contract it looks like.

Piko
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Honestly, I thought it was boring until the last two matches. I mostly liked the ending to the wwe title match. Lesnar/HHH was good. Lesnar should've beaten Cena, but you know he's got hulkamania running through his veins. And when I say that, I mean he refuses to lose. And when he does lose, its never clean - unless you're The Rock. That's just how Vince operates. He's the face of WWE (somehow...).

henryeatscereal
08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I agree with Suicide's post but i think Bryan deserved to win, he's very over with the crowd and fans and needs to gain credibility, i really like Kane but he has jobbed to "smaller" wrestlers before and it never hurt his credibility because he's already a legend.

I also think that the funkasaurus on a PPV is a waste of time/bathroom break Tensai is more talented, cooler and meaner, such a shame he's getting canned...

Conan The Barbarian
08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
SummerSlam, you were disappointing for a 25th anniversary.

Evidently Brock Lesnar can beat Triple H but couldn't beat John Cena at Extreme Rules. Piss off.

Sheamus retains! Yayyyyyyy, time for the boredom to resume.

CM Punk retained like I knew he would. Fucking boring as well.

Kane lost to Daniel Bryan? Great, back to being a jobber again even with the mask.

Also where the fuck is Tensai? Fucking waste signing his ass a contract it looks like.

I think Tensai is suspended for his racial incident.

onthewall2983
08-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Check this out (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bwcfilm/a-documentary-about-extreme-championship-wrestling). I really hope this thing gets funded, part of why I'm sharing this (I won't bug ya about it lol). But I'd really like to see this come out.

Space Suicide
08-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Check this out (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bwcfilm/a-documentary-about-extreme-championship-wrestling). I really hope this thing gets funded, part of why I'm sharing this (I won't bug ya about it lol). But I'd really like to see this come out.

Donated $5.00. Better than nothing :p

Space Suicide
08-23-2012, 01:24 PM
It's me, Mawk Woyd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuSqfK8C6Ck

henryeatscereal
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Those were the days... *sigh*

thevoid99
08-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Those were the days... *sigh*

I know, they were so much fun. The fake violence was extreme. The women wrestlers were much better and could kick some ass. The promos were gold.

henryeatscereal
08-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I know, they were so much fun. The fake violence was extreme. The women wrestlers were much better and could kick some ass. The promos were gold.
Even the characters were cooler: Gangrel, Shamrock, Ministry Taker, (Evil) Kane, Stone Cold, Edge (silent), i miss those days, one day i will upload in my computer all my old RAW IS WAR episodes that i taped on my good ol' VHS...

onthewall2983
08-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Donated $5.00. Better than nothing :p

Donate 5 more and you get exclusive clips. 30 and they'll send you a DVD of the final project (I think).

Space Suicide
08-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Might think and look into it, sorry to keep drudging up this theme and gimmick but this is fantastic quality - seriously!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9htKaWzPIE&feature=related

onthewall2983
08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Me and my brother had a dispute as to whether or not if that was when Taker was at his scariest. I came around to his thinking though, that it was more scary when it debuted. He didn't have to do a whole lot back then I'm sure, to scare kids in the audience. WWF was a pretty homogenized family-friendly product compared to the turn the character had taken by the end of the decade.

Space Suicide
08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Me and my brother had a dispute as to whether or not if that was when Taker was at his scariest. I came around to his thinking though, that it was more scary when it debuted. He didn't have to do a whole lot back then I'm sure, to scare kids in the audience. WWF was a pretty homogenized family-friendly product compared to the turn the character had taken by the end of the decade.

Both were scary. Debut was scary due to how odd it was, morbid, how slow he was and the fact he never talked. I still think as far as evil goes Ministry Undertaker was Satan himself, no doubt about this. I found this tonight you tubing older themes. I forgot I had this on CD too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHWWWSbQvos

henryeatscereal
08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Speaking of Taker, you guys remember "Underfaker"?

http://youtu.be/Zg8Ozd0Cl7U

Paul Bearer is awesome in this one!

Space Suicide
08-31-2012, 12:27 AM

I have that on DVD. SummerSlam 1994 that was too. SummerSlam always had great matches. A lot of the times SummerSlam and Survivor Series really rivaled and had better matches than that year's Wrestlemania would have.

I shall miss this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfabArErrb0&feature=related

henryeatscereal
08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
^oh man the old Jericho titantron, fuckin cool!

Jericho has always been one of my favorites, even in WCW, i think he's one of the coolest most charismatic wrestlers alive, shame he's going away again...

Conan The Barbarian
08-31-2012, 11:27 AM

I begged my parents to order this on pay per view. I thought it was an awesome match, but alot of people hated it.

onthewall2983
08-31-2012, 11:56 AM
I miss The Big 4. They totally poisoned the PPV well when they decided to do one every month.

henryeatscereal
08-31-2012, 01:10 PM
^agreed, they should just concentrate on "The Big 4", with the 3-hour RAW, monthly PPV's are becoming unnecessary...

Space Suicide
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
^agreed, they should just concentrate on "The Big 4", with the 3-hour RAW, monthly PPV's are becoming unnecessary...

I miss the In Your House shows they had that had rotating names every month depending on main feud.

In Your House: Buried Alive
In Your House: Taker's Revenge
In Your House: St. Valentine's Day Massacre

etc.

onthewall2983
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM

One thing that was or may be still being considered, if they can get the WWE Network off the ground (which is becoming less and less likely it seems), was to put all the other shows on the network as exclusives, and keeping those 4 events on PPV. But you're right, and it works so much better for them that way. They had 1-2 months to promote the hell out of those shows and the payoff to the angles came off better then.

Piko
09-02-2012, 12:36 AM
If they had the four ppvs, things might actually be better. They went to three hours, yet they pussy foot around until the ppv comes around. The reward (the ppv) isn't as rewarding as it used to be. There used to be title matches on raw, with actual title changes. They're more worried about ppv profits than actual quality.

henryeatscereal
09-06-2012, 12:28 PM
looking forward to a match between them...
http://euro.mediotiempo.com/media/2012/08/29/rey-sin-cara.jpg

Space Suicide
09-10-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm really loving the whole Daniel Bryan and Kane angle they're working with. Kane is my all time favorite wrestler and Daniel Bryan is my favorite new blood wrestler from the more recent years. Having them awkwardly interact and work together is just excellent.

onthewall2983
09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
It's being reported Jerry Lawler had to be rushed out of the building on a stretcher, last I heard CPR was being performed on him. Michael Cole was shown at the broadcast booth, but there was silence on his end for the Sheamus/Otunga match.

EDIT: Michael Cole just came on and said the last update he received was that Jerry was breathing on his own, but he looked quite shook up and had little hope in his voice. Not good :(

Piko
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow, that sucks. Just started watching raw, so tbat part will eventually come up. Hope for the best.

Space Suicide
09-10-2012, 10:23 PM
It probably had to do with all this physical activity he's had these past few weeks. That Steel cage match against Punk 2 weeks ago, getting 'assaulted' last week and this week in that tag match with Orton vs Punk and Ziggler.

onthewall2983
09-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I just happened to watch his match tonight at the gym. I marveled a little at how he could still do a dropkick at his age.

onthewall2983
09-10-2012, 10:41 PM
He also apparently worked some indie shows in Aruba of all places, so you can add jetlag to that toll as well.

henryeatscereal
09-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Poor Jerry, hope for the best, tons of respect for him!

thevoid99
09-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I hope the King gets well. Just don't have him on TV for a while. Let him rest up a bit and then be back on commentary with good ol' JR.

Tums206_BFY
09-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Very sad to hear about Jerry The King Lawler and what happened at tonight's show in Montreal. I hope is alright and that he can recover. You could def tell everyone was shook up. Very sad. Get well soon Jerry!

Leman Russ
09-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Lawler was always one of my favorite parts of watching wrestling. There is no better commentary matchup than when he and JR worked together. I haven't watched wrestling in many years, and was shocked to read this this morning. I hope he has a strong and speedy recovery.

henryeatscereal
09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
This is from Lauryn Laine (Jerry's Girlfriend):

"Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack...he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I'm getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!"

Warped_Savant
09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
They're, understandably, concerned about brain damage. It sounds like his brain was oxygen deprived for quite a few minutes... They should know tomorrow morning.

Piko
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Guessing he hasn't regained consciousness?

Space Suicide
09-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Guessing he hasn't regained consciousness?

I'm inclined to agree as nothing has ever been stated of that fact.

Piko
09-11-2012, 11:08 PM
And there may be a good chance of no brain damage I think. Not long after they carted him off, Cole said he was breathing on his own, so his brain might be OK.

onthewall2983
09-12-2012, 04:50 AM
This was posted a few hours ago (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j8o20l)

Jerry Lawler update from his son Brian Christopher: "Ok, here’s the latest real update. Lauren and I are here at the hospital in Montreal. He does not look good at all. He is responsive to questions that he is asked which is very good. His sedation and breathing support are being lowered slowly right now. He was shocked a total of 7 times at the arena and underwent a balloon stint to open up a clogged artery when he arrived at hospital. Everyone out there needs to say a special prayer for his brain at this point, please. Tests on his brain will not be available until the morning. One of us two will keep all you guys informed as we know more"

onthewall2983
09-12-2012, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsF2l8c5Os8

Though the Invasion angle went bust, the ending was GLORIOUS for this very reason.

henryeatscereal
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Though the Invasion angle went bust, the ending was GLORIOUS for this very reason.
I like Heyman a lot but i loved this also, JR and King are the true WWE announcers (Still i love the spanish announcers for obvious reasons, hate the new guy they hired, another Cole)
The Invasion angle... man, what a wasted opportunity! still i loved the RVD vs Jeff Hardy matches:

http://youtu.be/RrpJibzk3os

Piko
09-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm a heyman guy. I prefer him as a manager though. Best manager since Heenan IMO.

Leman Russ
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
My favorite manager will always be Jimmy Hart, with a close second going to Paul Bearer

thevoid99
09-12-2012, 02:51 PM
There's only one great manager in the history of professional wrestling...

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Kid Charlemagne
09-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Ted DiBiase

Piko
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
There's only one great manager in the history of professional wrestling...

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

He's easily the greatest. I can't compare anyone to him. There's been a few good ones over the years, since then, but none have come close. My favorite in recent memory is definitely Heyman though.

Space Suicide
09-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Good news on Lawler, outside of commentary I could care less for his wrestling skills and his so-called 'legacy' but I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Every manager listed is great in their own right.

henryeatscereal
09-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Bobby "The Brain" is one of the greatest that's for sure!, but you guys are missing one of the funniest ones... Percy Pringle A.K.A. Paul Bearer!
Yes, he's cheesy but Undertaker and Kane owe him big, the guy made their characters even creepier! he's one of the greatest and coolest managers and the fact that he's been "killed" almost the same amount of times than the Undertaker it's so funny!

http://www.notinhalloffame.com/UserFiles/Image/article_images/WWE/Paul Bearer.jpg

onthewall2983
09-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Good news on Lawler, outside of commentary I could care less for his wrestling skills and his so-called 'legacy' but I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JrQhsAGSK0

This is his legacy, or possibly was until what happened Monday. Care less for it or not, but this brought national attention to pro wrestling before the WWF exploded (shortly before actually, so it may have contributed in some small measure to how it did explode in the 80's) and is one of the most controversial moments in television history. It also helped make Letterman a household name.

skullboy0
09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I actually got a phone call from Jerry’s girlfriend, who’s obviously in the hospital with him. And she said “Michael, I’ve got somebody who wants to talk to you.” She handed over the phone and it’s “The King”! We immediately had a couple of laughs. He’s weak, but he’s alert. He talked coherently and he’s not completely out of the woods yet and he’s got a long recovery process to come, but he’s awake. Jerry’s in a lot of pain — he said he feels like he’s been through a 60-Minute Iron Man Match, but he’s in great spirits.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/cole-update-lawler-interview-26051805

Piko
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
That's great news. Probably be awhile until we see him again, if he even comes back. Good to see he's recovering though.

onthewall2983
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Ted DiBiase

Sorry Kid, but if I had the ability I would facepalm this right away. I would also add to the list of great managers J.J. Dillon, Jim Cornette, and Gary Hart.

Space Suicide
09-13-2012, 06:35 PM
What does everybody want?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcCSVWH-qcE

PooPooMeowChow
09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
CLassic!!

http://youtu.be/53LMIIVj8vs
The sound the bedpan makes is priceless.
Soo many possible .gif's

Also Foley is God

skullboy0
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Just saw this retweeted by the WWE:

http://www.tout.com/m/rwwluj

Video of The King from the hospital thanking the fans.

henryeatscereal
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
What does everybody want?
Headcheese!!! that's great!!!
Al snow was awesome in this one, a very underrated wrestler!
Never liked Blackman too much tough, Ken Shamrock was better, god i miss the "Attitude" Era...

Kid Charlemagne
09-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Sorry Kid, but if I had the ability I would facepalm this right away. I would also add to the list of great managers J.J. Dillon, Jim Cornette, and Gary Hart.

DiBiase was awesome in the mid 90's, especially with Sid. His best moment was all the work he did with Bam Bam against LT at Wrestle Mania. He's so underrated as a manager considering he could hold a mic as a wrestler and it translated well. I'd even go and say he had more personality and was more exciting than Cornette and I love Cornette.

henryeatscereal
09-14-2012, 09:27 AM
DiBiase was awesome in the mid 90's, especially with Sid. His best moment was all the work he did with Bam Bam against LT at Wrestle Mania. He's so underrated as a manager considering he could hold a mic as a wrestler and it translated well. I'd even go and say he had more personality and was more exciting than Cornette and I love Cornette.
Oh man Jim Cornette was awesome so it was Mr Fuji, Teddy Long and Eric Bischoff (as manager), i think the managers make the difference in a lot of wrestlers, i heard Daniel Bryan wants Willam Regal to be his manager, i'll like to see that!

Space Suicide
09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh man Jim Cornette was awesome so it was Mr Fuji, Teddy Long and Eric Bischoff (as manager), i think the managers make the difference in a lot of wrestlers, i heard Daniel Bryan wants Willam Regal to be his manager, i'll like to see that!

To an extent. Some managers do nothing but hinder. Though not an officially referred to manager, I feel that Vickie Guerrero is really, really holding back Dolph Ziggler as far as storylines, mic skills and actions go. She's an annoyance and should have never been on air after her medicore stint at the SD! GM. She has Eddie's legacy funding her as far as WWE goes and she was never apart of it when he was around...she's overstayed her lousy welcome. Cougar? Boring.

Piko
09-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I agree about her holding Dolph back. She's good at working at my nerves. She's obnoxious. But that's her thing. It annoys people and it works. Dolph should just break away and do his own thing, while she can boast up some newer guy. Dolph doesn't need her.

onthewall2983
09-16-2012, 04:22 PM
JBL is taking Jerry's place in the booth for tonight's PPV.

Piko
09-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Nice choice. Debating on whether or not to watch tonight. Not sure I really care.

onthewall2983
09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Only match worth watching is Cena/Punk. Despite what I think about their product, those two can steal the show easy.

Piko
09-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah, that's probably the match of the night.

Space Suicide
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Kane and Daniel Bryan match where they'll probably win is the only match I care for.

Piko
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Saw some predictions with Ziggler cashing in and winning the title. That'd be kinda cool.

onthewall2983
09-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Awesome to hear JBL (who's climbing Mount Everest soon!) and JR in the booth tonight. And to my utter surprise, Michael Cole is starting to come into his own now. He'll never be on the level Ross was but I think he's turned a curve lately, and I even thought that before last week.

thevoid99
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
The commentary was good on tonight's RAW. Just have JBL as the heel commentator and I'm totally cool with it. It's good to hear JR's voice again.

I'm totally loving the Kane-Daniel Bryan tag team. They're so much fun to watch.

Kid Charlemagne
09-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Wouldn't mind the three man commentary team, they were all on point tonight.

Dragonfire is just an awesome tag-team, these guys are gold each time they're on screen. Also Wade Barrett and Damien Sandow are so badass!

Piko
09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
I hope they keep JBL. Ross will probably leave again once Lawler comes back. Commentary was great though. Great chemistry between the three. Lawler, Cole and JBL could be a pretty cool combo.

onthewall2983
09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiJQPgA1vmQ&feature=g-u-u

Space Suicide
09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Quite amusing. His Conspiracy Theory show shows how much of a smart-ass he can be and really is. It's astounding. Watching old wrestling videos and promos you'd never had guessed it..me anyways.

henryeatscereal
09-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Speaking of shoots, anyone a fan of "Beyond the Mat"? fuckin' awesome documentary!

Space Suicide
09-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I find I actually do not mind Wade Barrett at all...

henryeatscereal
09-24-2012, 10:02 PM
^he needs to improve, mostly his character because the wrestling skills are there but he needs a new gimmick/stable so we can care about him, the new finisher is cool, he's getting there...

Warped_Savant
09-28-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Wade Barrett

I like the guy. He's a good wrestler. The street fighting tough guy gimmick is a good look for him but it should, technically, limit his time on the mic, which is never a good thing. And what the hell is up with the "Open for business" and "Check out the goods" lines? He shouldn't be waiting for people to come to him, it makes it sound like people shouldn't be afraid of him...

henryeatscereal
09-28-2012, 08:39 AM
I agree those catchphrases are dumb...

...and speaking of lame catchphrases:

http://kipharris.webs.com/snitsky1-253x300.jpg

PooPooMeowChow
09-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Jesse Ventura might run for prez next go around.
Has any one here seen the film Idiocracy?

onthewall2983
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
He has good ideas, and quite a few of them should be discussed more publicly with people running for office, but I wouldn't vote for him. He's better suited to what he's doing now, but on a bigger level. I'd love it if he got a radio show or a spot on one of the cable networks again.

Kid Charlemagne
09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Bye Bye Kelly Kelly

Space Suicide
09-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Bye Bye Kelly Kelly

I assume her contract was never renewed?

In news on my front, my friend is going to host a Halloween Party at his house this year and me and him are going as a joint costume. He's going to buy a Kane replica mask off WWE Shop and make his correct attire. I am going to go buy children's toy tag team championship belts and buy the No! No! No! shirt off WWE Shop. Need to start growing my facial hair out so it's good and goat-like by time it's the 31st. Best of luck on that.

Team Hell No is coming on up.

Kid Charlemagne
09-28-2012, 05:09 PM
She was actually released today.

And speaking of WWE Merchandise, the new Damien Sandow shirt is beyond awesome.

henryeatscereal
09-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Bye Bye Kelly Kelly
Im glad, never liked her, untalented and fake... Eve and AJ is all i need (still i wish for a Bellas comeback, Giggity!)

Piko
09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Never really cared for her. Always looked like she was squinting. Wonder who else got the cut. Its usually a few. Kinda weird though. Didn't she just start appearing on TV again recently?

Piko
09-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I assume her contract was never renewed?

In news on my front, my friend is going to host a Halloween Party at his house this year and me and him are going as a joint costume. He's going to buy a Kane replica mask off WWE Shop and make his correct attire. I am going to go buy children's toy tag team championship belts and buy the No! No! No! shirt off WWE Shop. Need to start growing my facial hair out so it's good and goat-like by time it's the 31st. Best of luck on that.

Oh, and I'd wear a goat mask for shits and giggles.

onthewall2983
09-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Is he taller than you, or are you going to walk around on your knees?

Space Suicide
09-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Is he taller than you, or are you going to walk around on your knees?

I'm 6'2" so looks like I'm going to have to hack my legs off from my shins downward about 4 inches.

Space Suicide
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Seriously surprised and happy that Ryback is going to face CM Punk at hell in a Cell in two weeks. Cena can be out of the title picture a little longer.

Piko
10-15-2012, 10:28 PM
I really can't picture Punk dropping the belt to him. He's definitely got the crowd behind him, but he's still kinda "green".

henryeatscereal
10-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I like it because i hate Cena and im bored with that feud, sadly i think Ryback will be "assaulted" by Brock Lesnar so he won't make it to his match (plus he's going to keep his undefeated streak) so there's still a chance we'll see Cena/Punk... :/

Piko
10-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Hope that doesn't happen. Lesnar could interfere though. My problem with this is that Ryback has just been beating around jobbers. IMO, he's had only one actual match. And that was against Miz. I can't see Punk losing the title until at least Rumble (Rock). And I wouldnt jeopordize Ryback's streak so early.

Space Suicide
10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
I got my D. Bryan NO! NO! NO! shirt last week for my Halloween costume!

I have a pet peeve:

Everyone, including wrestlers, managers, commentators, Vince, etc, is calling this upcoming PPV Hell in the Cell. WHY?

Was always Hell in a Cell. Even the poster for the PPV states a and not the. I don't get it. Unofficial name swap?

Warped_Savant
10-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Everyone, including wrestlers, managers, commentators, Vince, etc, is calling this upcoming PPV Hell in the Cell. WHY?

Was always Hell in a Cell. Even the poster for the PPV states a and not the. I don't get it. Unofficial name swap?
I noticed that tonight too... It stood out when VKM said it, didn't notice it from anyone else... now I have to pay attention.

spiralout
10-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I got my D. Bryan NO! NO! NO! shirt last week for my Halloween costume!

I have a pet peeve:

I was also thinking that exact thing, weeeird. Still not sure if Im going to watch Hell in A cell, It's going to be interesting to see what WWE does with the main event.

Im also dressing as a wrestler for halloween, old school 90's undertaker.....

Piko
10-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Have a feeling they'll push the shit out of the Main Event until it turns into another Heat. They can barely even get through two shows. Now three?

I might watch the ppv. Dunno. Only really curious about Punk and Ryback. Otherwise, I don't really care.

And Guererro? Really?

spiralout
10-23-2012, 03:39 PM
yeah, $55 is a lot of money for really one match that i'm interested in, honestly who cares about sheamus vs big show, the only real draw to that is whether ziggler cashes in the money in the bank or not.

and yeah, Guerrerro.....why??

henryeatscereal
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I heard that they want Ric Flair to be RAW's new GM, but since they are not 100% sure if he will commit they are using Vickie as the "interim" GM...
Im also debating wheter to order or not, im liking the Punk story so far, im pretty sure he will retain and I really want Zigglet to cash his contract aganist Sheamus (most boring main eventer on RAW)

Piko
10-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Flair? Guessing he's almost done playing around in gymnasiums (TNA). That'd be cool though. Just keep him out of the ring.

poinoup
10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
2.5!

Vince wanted "results or resignations", now can we start with Stephanie, and most of these z-level Hollywood writers?

Three hours is just too...damn...long.

It's really time to end the GM/Authority Figure crutch, but I think they have forgotten how to write without it. It's only going to get worse from here though I fear.

thevoid99
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
The three-hour RAW is a flop. The ratings alone said it all. RAW sucked. That whole Matt Striker thing with Team Hell No was terrible and you could tell that Daniel Bryan and Kane knew it was terrible. Plus, can we stop pushing Alberto Del Rio? The guy is good in the ring but he's too one-note as a character. I just can't get into him at all. "It's my destiny". I just want to change the channel. He's one of those guys I always change the channel whenever he's wrestling along with David Otunga and Jinder Mahal. Those guys fucking suck. The Divas matches are also a bore and I always change the channel.

spiralout
10-23-2012, 11:45 PM
^^^ I agree with pretty much everything you posted there. Team Hell No is awesome but I feel like its only a matter of time until it gets stale. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet. Also, if Vince and the WWE know that ratings are down I don't understand why they would put Vicky Guerrero in charge. I'm pretty sure no one in the world wants to see more of her. Especially when Paul Heyman is available for the position.

Piko
10-24-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm guessing AJ is probably going to get her job back. Probably some boring fued to get AJ in the ring. Lately, I've been DVR-ing it and fast forward through the boring parts. Suddenly, three hours turn into a single hour...

Leman Russ
10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I still can't believe they are pushing a 3 hour RAW. 3 hours every week would have been a tough stretch during the Attitude Era, let alone now.

henryeatscereal
10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I think it's mostly because of the vast roster, the Attitude era didn't need 3 hours but then again they didn't have that much wrestlers back then...
The main problem aren't the 2 or 3 hours RAW lasts, it's the poor storylines and the lack of interesting wrestling going on...

Space Suicide
10-24-2012, 01:18 PM
I like and am into RAW and WWE now more than I have been since 2006 but even I agree, a 3 hour RAW is just too long. PPVs used to be special in that right of being a 3 hour event and now it's just whatever.

Hell in a Cell isn't looking too good. I preferred the October PPV being No Mercy...oh well.

Piko
10-24-2012, 01:26 PM
The show dragged with two hours. They're more worried about ppv sales these days than the actual overall product. Raw used to have so much. But they're so concerned with teasing ppv matches instead of putting on a good show AND push a ppv.

Space Suicide
10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
The show dragged with two hours. They're more worried about ppv sales these days than the actual overall product. Raw used to have so much. But they're so concerned with teasing ppv matches instead of putting on a good show AND push a ppv.

I wouldn't say so much as an overhaul of a push for the PPV but all they ever advertise is two main events and the rest of the card is filled with a bunch of random matches that hold no value, feud or anything. Need I remind you of Night of Champions Miz vs Mysterio match? Or No Way Out's tag team turmoil match? SummerSlam's divas match?

What they need is to stop focusing on the same 10 wrestlers and develop mid-card feuds and lesser known stars.

Piko
10-24-2012, 01:34 PM
The storylines are old and stale. Its like they don't care. Back in the 90s (even before the attitude era), there was more excitement in a single hour alone, than the half-assed writing they've got now. But IMO, it has turned into a three hour commercial. You get thrown a couple matches, but hardly and rarely anything to rave about.

Space Suicide
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
The storylines are old and stale. Its like they don't care. Back in the 90s (even before the attitude era), there was more excitement in a single hour alone, than the half-assed writing they've got now. But IMO, it has turned into a three hour commercial. You get thrown a couple matches, but hardly and rarely anything to rave about.

Again as I said: What they need is to stop focusing on the same 10 wrestlers and develop mid-card feuds and lesser known stars.

My 10 Wrestlers of Focus that WWE Include Always:

John Cena
CM Punk
Big Show
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio
A.J. Lee
Daniel Bryan and Kane (mildly even though I love them both; my top 2 fave wrestlers)
John Cena
John Cena

Tell me when's the last time you seen a top-card main event storyline with Punk that hasn't involved John Cena in some form? They fought at Night of Champions, SummerSlam (with Big Show too), etc.

Same guys go for the same belts, hence why I'm surprised and happy Ryback (lackluster that he is) is against Punk this PPV.

The rematches these days are endless and gratuitous.

Piko
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Unfortunately, they aren't going to work with midcarders. Too much work for them I guess. They have tons of talent that ends up as disposable. I feel kinda bad for Ryback. He's obviously not going to win Sunday. They build him up as an undefeated, juggernaut/Goldberg clone, give him a main event match so they can fill in for Cena. If Cena didn't have problems with his elbow, Ryback wouldn't have been even taken under consideration. It would have been Cena all the way. So now, they're going to take this green guy, undefeated, and lose to Punk. And knowing WWE, that could be the last main event for the guy until the inevitable "cut day".

thevoid99
10-24-2012, 03:36 PM
For the past week, I've been watching the old War Games matches from '87 to '92 which I think are some of the best matches out there. The '92 War Games between the Dangerous Alliance and Sting's Army I think is the best War Games I've seen. It was violent, there were a lot of stakes, and moments that I couldn't believe. It's a shame that it will never be seen the likes again because of how lame the WWE product is and the fact that young fans are to jaded to see something like this.

Space Suicide
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately, they aren't going to work with midcarders. Too much work for them I guess. They have tons of talent that ends up as disposable. I feel kinda bad for Ryback. He's obviously not going to win Sunday. They build him up as an undefeated, juggernaut/Goldberg clone, give him a main event match so they can fill in for Cena. If Cena didn't have problems with his elbow, Ryback wouldn't have been even taken under consideration. It would have been Cena all the way. So now, they're going to take this green guy, undefeated, and lose to Punk. And knowing WWE, that could be the last main event for the guy until the inevitable "cut day".

Agreed all the way. My favorite example is Goldust. He was an amazing performer and wrestler. Dustin had incredible charisma at the start and his original stint was serious and something to be reckoned with. After his return in 2002 they made the character devolve into a joke, a piss take and a jobber. He never really got a fair chance for anything after his The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust run (which I LOVE and is an example of Non-PG WWE(F) :P) and it's a shame. He was really talented and had a great father. They rarely brought it up for Goldust but when it comes to Cody that's all they praise and refer to. Odd.

Last mid-card feuds of great times faded out around 2005. Haven't given them any angles since.

For the past week, I've been watching the old War Games matches from '87 to '92 which I think are some of the best matches out there. The '92 War Games between the Dangerous Alliance and Sting's Army I think is the best War Games I've seen. It was violent, there were a lot of stakes, and moments that I couldn't believe. It's a shame that it will never be seen the likes again because of how lame the WWE product is and the fact that young fans are to jaded to see something like this.
I know

It's easy to blame that but I will: the younger audience. It seems that when Linda ran for Office and wanted to change the WWE to be PG it killed a lot of what made pro wrestling fun: violence, weapons, blood, swearing, over the top gimmicks, perversion, sex, divas, depravity. It kinda downplays some form of story opportunities to me, not saying WWE should focus solely on that either.

I mean could you even fathom some of the storylines then being allowed now? One of my favies of Undertaker's past is when he tried to embalm an unconcious Steve Austin alive with Paul Bearer's help. That wouldn't fly at all these days.

Piko
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
War Games was awesome. Bummed me out a little when they stopped doing it.

PooPooMeowChow
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
do you guys remember Jim Cornette??
He lays out why wrestling sucks ass now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXqNX-SIMYU

Warped_Savant
10-25-2012, 09:03 AM
It seems that when Linda ran for Office and wanted to change the WWE to be PG it killed a lot of what made pro wrestling fun...
The shining example of this that I noticed on Monday was AJ being so concerned that they might show her bra on tv that she was so completely distracted after her little fight with Vikki that she couldn't focus on keeping the crazy in her character.

henryeatscereal
10-25-2012, 09:19 AM
do you guys remember Jim Cornette??
He lays out why wrestling sucks ass now.
This video is from 2010, so i understand his frustration, but i think this has changed a bit...
Sure Hogan is still around in TNA and guys like HHH still main event on Summerslam but now is mostly "new blood"; guys like Austin Aries, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, The Miz and Alberto Del Rio have been champs in the last years... i do understand Cornette's bashing the "usual guys" but "older" stars like The Big Show, Sting, Taker, Kane and even The Rock have helped push new talent, i think the problem in the WWE is mostly because poor storylines and the "PG" era restrictions...

PooPooMeowChow
10-25-2012, 12:16 PM
I honestly haven't watch a lot of wrestling since the Bishoff days on Raw, I was like 11 thinking they do the same shit every night and stopped watching.

I've seen a few Raws since then and it didn't look like it had changed much.

I've just been laughing my ass off at Jim Cornette.:D

Kid Charlemagne
10-28-2012, 10:02 PM
What a horrible finish.

Space Suicide
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM
What a horrible finish.

Yes, fucking bullshit.

thevoid99
10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I just saw that ending. What the fuck? Man, WWE is really bringing the quality down on these pay-per-views. It's a fucking waste of money. I've been reading other wrestling forums. People really didn't enjoy the whole event. The crowd sucked and... Vince needs to go. He's ran the ship for too long and his dumbass wife just wasted $50 million of their money on her bullshit political campaign.

Space Suicide
10-29-2012, 07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKKrj4ghDGg

Pathetic match end. He's supposed to be this giant unstopple wrestler and he didn't get much damage on him at all and one small low blow made him lose? Stupid.

I liked everyone's prediction with having it so Lesnar inteferred. That was a cooler, better idea than 'Oh No, the Ref low-blowed him!!!!' I didn't care or want legit win for Ryback but all this hype and story build-up between these two just seems like a giant waste of time with that unthought out, lackluster ending.

This match really turned me off. I still like wrestling more now then in years but THAT was the sorriest excuse for a scripted ending if I ever saw one. They could've done so many options but they chose to write in this lame, little low blow from the ref? CM Punks reign is starting to grow boring.

Psssh.

Kid Charlemagne
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Agreed 100%. Lesnar interfering would've been awesome or a John Cena heel turn to help Punk retain would've been ideal. The match itself was bad as is with Punk stalling and them making him look like a little bitch. But a low blow and fast count? Pathetic. This actually could've been a very good match if they got creative with it and it ended up being a steaming pile of shit. It's a shame since the PPV itself wasn't bad. Big Show winning against Sheamus was great, but this is a PPV without Cena or Ziggler, a tag team title match that ends bad, a horrible Divas match, a good Cara/Mysterio-Prime Time Players match, Del Rio/Orton was okay, but the booking has been awful after they totally crushed it last year with Punk.

The Punk/Cena match (with another horrible fucking finish) at Night of Champions was a classic match in the making, then they go to this. I'm so pissed I wasted three hours last night watching this.

Piko
10-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Glad Big Show won. And yeah, the ppv kinda sucked. The second I noticed the ref, I knew something was up. I knew Punk wasn't going to drop the belt, and that it wasn't going to be clean. But they could've done something far better than this. Its like they didn't even try.

spiralout
10-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Man, I was so close to ordering this yesterday. Reeeally glad I didn't. Hell in a cell matches just aren't what they used to be. This one had potential.

I'm a big fan of CM Punk....it's just disappointing that he's being booked as the typical cowardly heel. I believe he's better than that.

thevoid99
10-29-2012, 10:17 PM
And the Survivor Series main event will be Team Foley (Ryback, Kofi Kingston, Team Hell No, and Randy Orton) vs. Team Punk (CM Punk, the Miz, Rhodes Scholar, and Albert del Rio)... LAME!!!! I don't want to see that. I don't want to see Orton or Del Rio. They fucking bore me to death. I was hoping for Brock Lesnar and the Rock.

And they give a million dollars to a breast cancer organization yet waste $50 million on Linda McMahon's stupid campaign. Fuck you Vince.

henryeatscereal
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Well... everything has been said!

i'll just say im happy that the Big Show won (fuckin sick WOMD to Sheamus!) and i want Ziggler to cash his Money in the Bank contract bafore the year ends...

Piko
10-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Looks like a reason to extend Punk's reign. The match just seems kinda whatever to me. Did you see the look on Vince's face when they revealed the check? Probably the hardest check to write for him. And I hope he didn't throw 50 million towards Linda's campaign...

Kid Charlemagne
10-30-2012, 12:15 AM
So the Survivor Series teams are full of guys who fought each other last night at Hell in a Cell. Very fucking lazy. I understand that it'll mean Punk keeps the title till Royal Rumble (no way Punk drops it at the December PPV which would be useless to book him lose before a big 4 PPV). Cena and Ziggler need to fight already, but I'm afraid they'll book a mixed tag for Survivor Series with Cena and AJ vs. Ziggler and Vickie. Also, Mick Foley not being in the match sucks, I'd rather have him in it than Orton who has been botching as bad as Sin Cara lately.

Piko
10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
A little shocked (and letdown) that Foley isn't wrestling. After all that talk and we get "oh, I'm not competing". Really...?

thevoid99
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I was hoping for Foley to compete as well and maybe a Rock N' Sock Connection reunion. Who the fuck is booking this shit?

Piko
10-30-2012, 01:22 PM
The fact that they spent the entire program hyping up Team Foley, only to let us know at the very end that he's not wrestling for the team he's captain for.

thevoid99
10-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I knew that was going to happen. WWE is managed to surprise me in how predictable they're becoming. I think I see another lame Survivor Series match coming. 3MB & Tensai vs. Zack Ryder, Santino, Brodus Clay, and Tyson Kidd. Hell, add David Otunga and Alex Riley into the mix. That'll put butt in the seats.

Piko
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
So apparently, they're trying to get Taker to come back for the rumble to help boost ratings. Good luck.

Space Suicide
10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
So apparently, they're trying to get Taker to come back for the rumble to help boost ratings. Good luck.

I like Undertaker but I think it's time he'd retire. This current form of his gimmick lacks mic time and has made the character dull.

Sue me for that opinion.

Piko
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
What mic time? He only pops up about once a year now. He's pretty much semi retired at this point. I'd show up for a month and wrestle a single match for a payday. His name is still marketable. He's just about done otherwise. Not sure how much more his body can take.

Kid Charlemagne
10-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Last time Taker made an appearance was for the Shawn Michaels tribute night they had in San Antonio back in August...and that wasn't televised and he lives three hours away. If he came back for the Rumble, he'd probably win and end up challenging Big Show at WM, which is the only way I see them bringing back Taker is if he goes for a title shot...or Lesnar.

thevoid99
10-31-2012, 12:17 AM
I read rumors that Taker might not show up at WrestleMania due to injuries and such.

henryeatscereal
10-31-2012, 09:49 AM
I read rumors that Taker might not show up at WrestleMania due to injuries and such.
Not surprised, Taker's body is so beat up it's a miracle he had his match at WM XXVIII, i guess it was truly the "End of an Era"

Piko
10-31-2012, 10:10 AM
If he does come back, though, what would be point be of calling it an end of an era? Guessing the last time they'd face each other? Someone had asked JR if he had retired, which he denied. So the fact that we haven't heard anything yet just seems like he'll come back. Even if its just wrestlemania.

Space Suicide
10-31-2012, 10:54 AM
What mic time? He only pops up about once a year now. He's pretty much semi retired at this point. I'd show up for a month and wrestle a single match for a payday. His name is still marketable. He's just about done otherwise. Not sure how much more his body can take.

This stage of his gimmick (as in post-2004) even when he was a regular his mic time was pretty much abysmal and this form of the Undertaker had no life (no pun intended) at all. Least when he first debuted and was silent he had Bearer to speak for him.

henryeatscereal
10-31-2012, 11:55 AM
The "American Badass era" is the one that had the most talking, still i never liked that one... I prefer him as a "silent unstoppable force"

Space Suicide
10-31-2012, 04:57 PM
The "American Badass era" is the one that had the most talking, still i never liked that one... I prefer him as a "silent unstoppable force"

1997-1999 he had a lot of mic time and was still an unstoppable force, especially in Minsitry.

Kid Charlemagne
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Even Corporate Ministry Taker had mic time and killed it.

The only positive so far from this past month of storytelling is the push they're giving Dolph Ziggler by giving him a feud with the most popular guy in John Cena. I think the two are capable of putting on a good match with each other and it'll be kind of fun to see them on the mic (I wish it wasn't under the circumstances of Vickie and AJ), but they're good on the mic, both are good in the ring (Cena isn't that bad, he's average), and it'll be another main event feud to make up for this awful Ryback/Punk clusterfuck.

thevoid99
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I know Cena will probably win the match against Ziggler but I really want Dolph to win. He's becoming my favorite heel. He just needs to ditch Vickie.

onthewall2983
11-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Brad Armstrong passed away today at the age of the awfully young age of 51. I remember seeing him compete in WCW in the 90's, especially in 1992 when he had good technical bouts with the likes of Brian Pillman and Jushin "Thunder" Liger.

henryeatscereal
11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
So sad, RIP

I also think it's fair to mention Mike Graham who recently passed away too, very tragic story...

thevoid99
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I remember Brad Armstrong. Damn good wrestler. He had some good matches in his day during WCW. I heard about Mike Graham too. At least he gave us one great quote that we can all remember. "Jeff Jarrett broke 1000 guitars, never drew a dime".

Warped_Savant
11-13-2012, 10:01 PM
What the hell happened to Sheamus' left arm?!? Oh dear Lord, that bruise is huge!

Piko
11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Totally missed that part. But did you see Regal's chest after his match with the Big Show? Damn...

thevoid99
11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
William Regal is underrated. The guy needs one final run. BTW, is it me or this year's Survivor Series really going to suck?

henryeatscereal
11-13-2012, 10:35 PM
William Regal is underrated. The guy needs one final run. BTW, is it me or this year's Survivor Series really going to suck?
Much agreed, Regal is awesome, the only man that "humiliated" Goldberg by outwrestling him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX8uinCPOu4

Space Suicide
11-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Me and my friend have this Podcast series we started. What's some good things to talk about? We've made 4 episodes already:

1. Top 10 Favorite Finishers
2. Ruthless Aggression Era
3. Bad Gimmicks
4. Best Stables/Factions

Suggestions appreciated!

poinoup
11-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Seven years ago we lost Eddie...damn.

Piko
11-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Doesn't he have some kind of backstage role or something? Road agent I think. But, yeah, very underrated. One of the better technical guys to come from WCW.

henryeatscereal
11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Me and my friend have this Podcast series we started. What's some good things to talk about? We've made 4 episodes already:

1. Top 10 Favorite Finishers
2. Ruthless Aggression Era
3. Bad Gimmicks
4. Best Stables/Factions

Suggestions appreciated!

The topics are fine so far, i would add:

1. The "Attitude" Era VS The "PG" Era
2. ECW and it's importance for modern wrestling
3. Some kind of "history of championships" like a program dedicated to the "IC title", "The World Heavyweight Championship" (Big Gold Belt), "The hardcore Championship"
4. Top 10 "curious" facts about wrestling
5. Lucha Libre!!!

Seven years ago we lost Eddie...damn.
I still miss him, one of WWE's greatest talents, no doubt about it... im wearing my "Im Your Papi!" T-shirt!

thevoid99
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
My favorite Eddie moment was when he had the Big Show at all of that Mexican food, the Big Show suddenly had to go to the bathroom. Eddie took away all of the toilet paper and made Big Show shit himself. I miss Eddie. "I lied homes..."

henryeatscereal
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
God i miss these days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEBBQm9F_Y

Space Suicide
11-14-2012, 09:56 PM
I also miss when SmackDown! was relevant and had good, exclusive talent. I really, really liked and miss the Brand Extension.

Piko
11-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Things would be completely different if Eddie and Benoit were still around. If Benoit never went crazy,that is...

Fixer808
11-14-2012, 11:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IH3ywoDXWp4/T8VmmY4_FnI/AAAAAAAADcU/vqtIDupeG5o/s1600/jakeroberts.jpg

Vertigo
11-15-2012, 03:03 AM
God i miss these days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEBBQm9F_Y

Agreed... rather sad when you think of those four, one's had to retire young due to injuries, one's a deceased murdering psychopath, one passed away three years after that video, the other appears to have gone somewhat mad and has been crippled by botched surgery. And Smackdown's ratings are around half what they were.

Piko
11-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Just how many screwjobs are we going to have until the rumble? Seriously...

thevoid99
11-18-2012, 09:56 PM
This is probably going to be the worst Survivor Series ever...

Piko
11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I had most of it on mute except for the main event. Yeah, it sucked.

thevoid99
11-18-2012, 10:10 PM
The booking is horrible. Shoot Vince. Get him out of the business. He's out of touch. No more last-minute changes. Stop pushing idiots like David Otunga, Jinder Mahal, and Alberto del Rio. They fucking suck. Stop putting guys in lame gimmicks. Stop all of this other drama.

Piko
11-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Does Vince still actually run the show? I know he's still the owner, but I thought Stephanie and Triple H have been running the shows now. But whomever is running the show, the writing and booking is a mess. You book a match, only to swap it out weeks later. They spent a little time fueding Foley and Punk, and within minutes, they scrap it.

Kid Charlemagne
11-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I didn't think the main event was bad, but since the heel turn, the finishes to all the main event matches (with the exception of Hell in a Cell, because that match was one of the worst ever) have all been terrible. You had Punk winning against Big Show after tossing out Cena, then you had the draw at NoC, then Maddox, and now these NXT jobbers (I'm well aware of these guys' sucess at RoH, but they're jobbers nonetheless) beat up Ryback to get the win? They need to have Punk win cleanly and stop making him a pussy and make him the arrogant fighter that we liked before last year. I almost would've preferred a Cena win if I knew they were going to do this shit again.

They also fucked up the ending to the WHC match as well, which turned out to be a decent match till the end. I know this will set some hardcore crap at TLC, but it would've been awesome to see Show get another clean win, then have Sheamus attack him afterward. The way they've written heel champions as cowards has been awful.

Only bright spot was Ziggler winning the Survivor Series match, he looked impressive and he better get the belt soon because he's been on fire.

Space Suicide
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
In my opinion Punk has held the title too long. It's become, stale, boring and predictable. We all know he's keeping it till Royal Rumble to face The Rock due to that shit at the 1000th show back in July. Planning very far in advance huh?

Kid Charlemagne
11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
They obviously had no plan in between Raw 1000 and Royal Rumble. I almost would've preferred if they had Punk in the traditional Survivor Series match and kept it, have a minor feud at TLC with whoever, and then do the RR shit, but christ, the booking has been bad, and it makes me wonder who Punk is going to beat at TLC.

thevoid99
11-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I heard Ricardo Rodriguez wanted to replace Cody Rhodes for Survivor Series. I wouldn't have mind seeing that. In fact, I think Rodriguez is far more entertaining than Otunga and del Rio.

Space Suicide
11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
They obviously had no plan in between Raw 1000 and Royal Rumble. I almost would've preferred if they had Punk in the traditional Survivor Series match and kept it, have a minor feud at TLC with whoever, and then do the RR shit, but christ, the booking has been bad, and it makes me wonder who Punk is going to beat at TLC.

Simple:

Punk v Ryback v Cena II

Punk v Ryback III

Punk v Cena VIII

Kidding on that last one but probably true.

henryeatscereal
11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
^Boring :(

Piko
11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Who know what they're going to do for TLC. We all know Punk isn't dropping the belt. At least figure out something entertaining. You don't want to give the rookie the belt, and you have to bide your time until January. How the mighty have fallen... friend of mine actually enjoyed the ending though

Space Suicide
11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Long title reigns by anyone become boring after awhile. CM Punk has little to no profitable character from this long stint. This "Respect" heel Gimmick is dreadful and overstayed its welcome. It grew old after August.

Also, after reviewing some highlight videos, screencaps and reviews:

Out of All 25 years, this is the Worst Survivor Series ever!

http://www.netbrawl.com/uploads/bd6f6a33b31ba5c71cbc9e8157404fca.jpg

All jokes aside the only redeeming match was the Classic Team match of Ziggler v Foley. The rest was filler, even the main event.

S. Chonson
11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Team Ziggler vs. Team Foley was awesome. Marked out for Ziggler getting the win for his team.