PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

henryeatscereal
10-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Last night's RAW was so boring, only Foley and Ambrose saved the show, i marked out hard when he came out...

Yeah, i feel for Paige but what is she going to do? if someone ordered her to be in Total Divas she has to be there, it just shows how clueless are the creative team, Paige has nice looks but mostly and above all: she's a wrestler, but since the WWE doesn't care about Wrestling, i think that's the direction they want her to go to.

I started to hate "Hell in a Cell" since it became a sole PPV, can't get excited anymore, but this one looks terrible i just care for Rolins/Ambrose, excluding that match the card looks like shit...

Piko
10-21-2014, 09:31 AM
I think the ppv will be fine. There should be quite a few good matches there. It's just the fact that I have to watch another Cena/Orton match, and cross my fingers that we don't get another Cena/Lesnar match. We got two of those already. Give us something new! Orton/Lesnar would be not only fresh, but probably a good match as well. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rollins get involved in Cena/Orton, which seems like that's where they're going.

gorast
10-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Paige implied in a tweet that the Total Divas rule wouldn't apply any more once she's got the title. It never seemed like it was that big of an obstacle anyway - obviously the show's filmed months in advance. The mid-season finale is about Summerslam, for Christ's sake. Total Divas isn't going to kill kayfabe.

PPV's going to be good, so long as they do the right thing and have Orton win. I don't care if he has to use eight thousand tables to kill Super Cena, as long as he gets that win it's going to be golden. If Orton manages to take out Lesnar, though, I guarantee Rollins will run in and cash-in on him. Rollins is transcending the usual heel stuff at this point. I hate him so fucking much, it's great.

Foley was a great surprise, too - it really sells you on the idea that the Cell can break people.

I don't care about any of the other matches. I hope Cesaro gets to take that worthless IC title from perpetual jobber Dolph Ziggler, and I honestly hope Miz takes the US Title from Sheamus, just to knock that red-haired lobster bastard down a few pegs. Then, ideally, Rusev finally sets his sights on the US Title and eats Miz alive to get it.

Speaking of Rusev, that shit with the run-in soldier was the dumbest shit I've ever fucking seen. Yes, laud this man as a hero for jumping the barrier and threatening the safety of all of the WWE personnel there (except for Rusev, obviously). Dumb motherfucker deserved that superkick he got. And fuck Big Show for playing along with this horrendous storyline. Rusev continues to be the face in disguise and Big Show somehow manages to not be outed as the biggest god damn heel in the company. I hate this storyline and I want it to be over on Sunday. I also hope Big Show fucking retires by next year, or gets his big ass sent to Superstars for the rest of his fucking career.

henryeatscereal
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
I actually liked Rusev more after he did that, lol...

Yeah, terrible storyline: to be fair, all " 'Murica " storylines are the same when it comes to wrestling, it's 'controversial' and all... but after a while it gets redundant.

thevoid99
10-21-2014, 02:12 PM
I saw the clip of Foley's return and man, that was good. Plus, I like anything that involves Dean Ambrose. Yet, it's not enough to make me watch the show again. I don't like what is going to happen to Paige either. She's better than Total Divas and only did it so they can get more ratings. I hope Orton beats Cena because at least it's something different.

Space Suicide
10-22-2014, 07:30 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2240559-wwe-in-a-cant-win-position-with-cm-punk-situation?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

good read

thevoid99
10-22-2014, 10:28 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2240559-wwe-in-a-cant-win-position-with-cm-punk-situation?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

good read

Damn right. If Punk doesn't come back. Good for him. I wouldn't want to see him in the WWE as of right now considering how crap the product is as he is very likely to get buried or be forced to take a back seat to Cena. All the smarks claim that he is a crybaby for quitting and whining, blah-blah-blah. The truth is that they pushed him and he finally told them to fuck off and take their PG product and shove it up their fucking ass!!!!!

Piko
10-22-2014, 10:53 PM
I don't blame him. He's a douche to his fans though.

thevoid99
10-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I don't blame him. He's a douche to his fans though.

Yeah I heard about how he treated a fan recently at a Blackhawks game because they called him by his real name. Yet, I think there's a line where he has to be himself and not be the CM Punk guy that people adore.

Piko
10-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Didn't he also snub someone from here? Just seems like he'll ignore anyone who tries to talk to him. Seriously, show some fucking modesty. He wouldn't be able to have retired and just walk out if it weren't for his fans

Maul
10-23-2014, 03:20 AM
I'm torn when it comes to Punk. He sometimes act like a total d-bag to the fans, but at the same time, having people around you 24/7 has to be a real pain in the *ss.
By the way, I've been watching some ROH stuff lately and I found this cool match between Danielson and Tyler ''Rollins'' Black:

http://youtu.be/JhywAx6jy4I

henryeatscereal
10-23-2014, 09:21 AM
As a person Punk is an ass (many wrestlers are by the way...), but as a performer he will always be missed, i understand if someone doesn't want to be bothered but the guy abandoned his job, it's not like people are going to forget or "threat him as a normal guy"; if he hates to be bothered that much he should invite a friend and send him for his hot dogs.
I get why he's like that but the fan called him "Phil", he doesn't want to be "CM Punk" anymore so, how the hell should he call him?

http://www.business2community.com/social-buzz/cm-punk-apparently-rude-fan-chicago-blackhawks-game-01040984

thevoid99
10-23-2014, 11:30 PM
And this just in.... http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/521583-backstage-employee-involved-in-alberto-del-rios-firing-leaves-the-wwe

What a fucking coward. I hope del Rio runs into him and beats that motherfucker up and then drag his ass to Mexico so he can do all of the yard work and cleaning. Fucking pendejo.

gorast
10-24-2014, 04:19 AM
It's a damn shame he wasn't fired, but I hope WWE shits all over this man if he ever has the audacity to try and use them as a reference. Del Rio getting fired was necessary solely in legal terms, and I've heard that HHH and Vince were going to rehire him as soon as they could, but Del Rio was fed up (understandably, given his last year or so) and didn't want to be back. I think he's with AAA now - hopefully he's enjoying himself more.

Going to see if I can convince my NXT buddy to trek out to Full Sail for the next Takeover - that would be fucking awesome.

Piko
10-24-2014, 09:08 AM
There were rumors that he was leaving when his contract was up anyway. They should've fired that other guy on the spot though.

SM Rollinger
10-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Got tickets for a Dec 20th house show, last time I saw a live event was when i was like 5 or 6 years old. Looking forward to this, the website has the Wyatts and Rhodes brothers advertised!

Piko
10-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't it be crazy if Miz has Sandow wrestle for him and he wins. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those ppvs. My prediction has Sheamus losing anyway. Calling shenanigans in the end of Cena/Orton, which shouldn't finish the show. Crowd won't care after Ambrose/Rollins, which will probably be nothing short of amazing. I'm rooting for Cesaro, but I don't see him winning.

gorast
10-26-2014, 05:55 PM
HECK IN A SECK tonight. Surprisingly, the card's stacked with a strong set of matches. Ziggler v. Cesaro, if they're given the time, is going to be a show-stealer, because everyone knows and expects Rollins v. Ambrose to be legendary.

I'm personally hoping for the following wins: Orton, Cesaro, Miz/Mizdow, Dust Bros., Brie Bella, Ambrose, Rusev, Paige. I think maybe half of those will actually happen, at most. In any case, all of the title matches should be decent at worst, and Orton v. Cena is objectively a good match even though it happens literally all the time.

Piko
10-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Nikki over Brie
Rusev over Show
Ambrose over Rollins
Ziggler over Cesaro
AJ over Paige
Miz/Mizdow over Sheamus
Orton over Cena with inference from Rollins.
Dust Bros over Usos

Kid Charlemagne
10-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Cesaro/Ziggler was awesome. Those dudes could do an Iron Man match and it would rule so hard.

Space Suicide
10-26-2014, 07:42 PM
I really don't want to wait but I will watch this PPV tomorrow afternoon, assuming it's still streaming on the network before the grace period of it disappearing for a month. Off to work i go. Not feeling it tonight, even if it is mediocre I'd rather watch the PPV than do my job tonight.

Piko
10-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I'd assume you can watch it whenever after it finishes airing. Catching up now. Don't care about the bella match.

Kid Charlemagne
10-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Ballsy but correct decision to let Rollins/Ambrose headline tonight, it's well deserved.

Piko
10-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Seriously, fuck cena!

Kid Charlemagne
10-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Rusev is almost as boring for Cena. Seriously, those two matches were flaming dog shit.

Fifey
10-26-2014, 09:31 PM
"Can you remember a Hell In the Cell match ever starting this way, John?" "No."

...Seriously? How are they NOT playing up that this is how Mankind/Taker started?????

Kid Charlemagne
10-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Will someone tell me what the fuck just happened?

thevoid99
10-26-2014, 10:03 PM
"Can you remember a Hell In the Cell match ever starting this way, John?" "No."

...Seriously? How are they NOT playing up that this is how Mankind/Taker started?????

That just goes to show how stupid they are as commentators... JBL and Michael Cole are a bunch of cocksuckers. They can really take you out of any kind of excitement. Fuck them.

The Ambrose-Rollins match was going really well until Bray Wyatt interfered (though it wasn't surprising) and it just went.... whomp-whomp... typical WWE bullshit....

Now I will extend this long separation from the WWE till Royal Rumble 2015. If WrestleMania XXXI really sucks. Then I want to file a divorce from the company.

gorast
10-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Wyatt's return could've been done without screwing the end of Ambrose/Rollins, but I suppose it was done to extend the feud between them so that it ends at a big PPV, with filler-esque feuds for the next few months for both of them (Ambrose/Wyatt and Rollins/Orton? Also, when will he cash in?)

PPV was better than Night of Champions, though I never like when no titles change hands. Ziggler and Cesaro put on a great, great match - they both look strong, but Ziggler finally looks like the second-tier champion in the company again. I wonder what's next for Cesaro.

Sheamus retains, which is fine - the US Title seems like it's being rebuilt to be the long-reign midcard belt, still below the IC title, but with stronger booking with champions that just won't die. There've only been two champions in the past, like, two years. That's a long game right there.

Bellas match shockingly outclassed AJ/Paige, probably because the Bellas weren't scrambling to come up with new spots since they haven't fought each other on the past four PPVs. I honestly think one of them should get the belt - fuck the stupid Total Divas rule, wrestling fans understand that Total Divas is two months behind what's happening right now.

Rusev stomped that dumb motherfucker Big Show, awesome. He truly is unstoppable. Also, the pre-show shit with Bo Washington (that's some next-level heel shit) and Mark Henry was awesome, even though Bo got squashed. Poor guy.

Dust Bros retain, and hopefully now the Usos will be knocked out of the title picture, though I have no idea who would step up. Ascension? But they're locked in the Itami feud. Hm.

Fuck Cena. Orton doesn't deserve a title shot, either, but he deserves it more out of the two of them. Tired of this shit. Lesnar better demand that he fucking annihilates Cena's bitch-ass at Survivor Series.

Aside from that goofy-ass spot off the side of the cell (Ambrose very clearly jumped off to mirror Rollins - thanks, buddy), Ambrose/Rollins was phenomenal. The fact that they brawled for ten minutes on top of the cell was amazing, and I'm glad Mercury and Noble got some of the spotlight while also getting fucking wrecked. Ambrose and Rollins did damn good work in the main event spot, and I hope they get to do that sort of thing for years to come. They deserve it.

Raw's gonna be a fun one, with Bray Wyatt making his triumphant return. Not looking forward to Cena gloating about his bullshit, worthless, undeserved win. Hope Lesnar shows up and puts him in his fucking place.

Piko
10-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Good ppv. I wanted Orton to win to see something fresh. Not another Cena/Lesnar match. Orton would've lost, but at least it would've been different. Not the same rehashed Cena/Lesnar match.

Ambrose/Rollins was incredibly solid until the end. Glad to see Wyatt back, but to take away that payoff Ambrose needed. Ambrose needed that win. And now they just pass off the whole fued like it didn't happen? That's about as dumb as WWE Fast Lane.

perceptionnexus
10-27-2014, 11:40 AM
I was really disappointed in this PPV aside from Ambrose/Rollins. Those two put on a clinic. The Wyatt return was cool but i wish would have come after dean got his curb stomp and the pin. I really hope they plan on having an actual closure to this feud, if not then I'm beyond words as to how truly blind the creative team is.

Cena/Orton was a complete disgrace as an example of a HIAC match. They build these promos around "there are no winners, only survivors in hiac", yet after the match cena is still in top douche form, all smiles, salutes and playing around with the kiddies. Plus the damn cell was hardly used at all! The shitty commetary last night was the icing on the cake. JBL, Cole and Lawler all need to be replaced.

I suppose now orton will go on to fued with rollins over the next month while cena focuses on his 3000th lesnar match. yay. Honestly, the booking and writing right now is just beyond absurd. Just retire Vince, please. I can't say I'm really interested in any angles right now other than ambrose/wyatt. Rusev's 'Merica angle has gotten really stale. I have a feeling they will end up continuing it until wrestlemania and feed him to super cena. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

At this point I would cancel my network subscription but it's still worth $10 a month to me to watch a ppv every month. And even when they happen to suck like last night it's still fun to bitch about it online the next day. :)

Space Suicide
10-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah, after reading the disappointing results I am choosing not to watch it. I'm not going to waste time or insult my intelligence on the Rollins/Ambrose match when it had a lousy ending with an interference by the #1 king of interferences post 2005: Bray Wyatt. Seriously? Fucking tired of matches that go and end by having someone come out to mess an opponent up or surprise them. It's just a lazy ending. I'm sick of it.

John Cena can go fuck himself. Not surprised to hear about him winning.

Commentary with 3 people is too much, there's too many people to worry about. They have chemistry but nothing like Tazz/Cole and King/JR. That took years to build. These 3 have only been at it a year or more, so I won't bitch too much. I tune them out sometimes anyways.

Piko
10-27-2014, 02:23 PM
How many rematches from last night do you guys think we will get? I'm calling four. Main event being a tag match

perceptionnexus
10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
How many rematches from last night do you guys think we will get? I'm calling four. Main event being a tag match

Of course, it wouldn't be modern day raw without a 4 man tag team match as a main event every week! fuck, teddy long might as well still be around as general manager. Gotta give kane something to do, ya know. I'm predicting:

Cena-gloating piss break bullshit with some heyman involved and a new set of odds for johnny boy to overcome
A piss break segment of brie carrying nikki's bags around
Orton/rollins segment
Rusev gloat segment with a new feud introduced
A decent segment with Wyatt and Ambrose
A shit break tag team match
Harper or Rowan segment
Probably a rybaxel tag match. I hear ryback is, back
Maybe cena/ambrose vs. rollins/wyatt/kane for the main event?

And looks like I'll be spending most the evening in the bathroom.

spiralout
10-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Cena winning did not surprise me. What really got on my nerves was how much no-selling he did after the match. The fuck....you were just in a Hell in a Cell match, sure it wasn't the most brutal cell match but damn....smiling and giving high fives to kids after surviving "satan's structure" was bullshit.

All is in place for Cena to overcome the odds and defeat Brock Lesnar to become a 16 time champ. Shit.

Rollins Ambrose delivered. I'm glad they were given the chance to have some good spots. The elbow through the table on the outside of the ring comes to mind. I would have like to see Ambrose get the win but I thought the wyatt hologram thing was kind of cool.

...and yes I expect rematches tonight, including at least one 6 man tag possibly including Sheamus and The Usos.

Piko
10-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Main event will probably be Cena and Ambrose vs. Rollins and Orton. No definitive finish. Wyatt will probably interfere and we'll probably see a lead in for Rollins/Orton.

gorast
10-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Ryback was said to be backstage at Hell in a Cell and is probably backstage tonight as well. It would be pretty cool if he came down and, like, killed Sheamus or something.

Space Suicide
10-27-2014, 04:19 PM
And looks like I'll be spending most the evening in the bathroom.

Maybe you should get that checked out.

perceptionnexus
10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Maybe you should get that checked out.

lol it's the pure shit absorbed from wwe. shit in. shit out.

Space Suicide
10-27-2014, 04:23 PM
lol it's the pure shit absorbed from wwe. shit in. shit out.

Much agreed. Hopefully my beloved Survivor Series will be good this year. This event hasn't been good in at least 5 years.

Piko
10-27-2014, 05:23 PM
It's not that bad. Questionable booking decisions. Decent matches. Tonight we get three hours of talking with rematches from last night.

Space Suicide
10-27-2014, 08:13 PM
I laughed my nuts off when Triple H told off Cena to his face and they showed him with his eyes zoning out and looking at the canvas. Looked like a fucking herpderp. LOL moment there.

thevoid99
10-27-2014, 08:32 PM
OMG!!!! MARK HENRY TURNED ON THE BIG SHOW!!!!! A blind man could've seen that coming. Come on!

Piko
10-27-2014, 09:24 PM
I looked like an ass last night because I kept calling a swerve. The way the whole thing happened, and the way the cameras focused on Henry, I saw it. Friends didn't believe me. A day late, but it happened. Yeah, I'm gloating (a little).

onthewall2983
10-27-2014, 09:27 PM
^ That's a good argument for why PPV's are so devalued.

Piko
10-27-2014, 09:31 PM
^ That's a good argument for why PPV's are so devalued.

Or, they don't know how to pull off a proper swerve anymore. I seems like every time they try pulling a 180 with a character, it just feels wrong. Last decent swerve, imo, was Trips at summerslam. Good swerves/heel turns are so far and in between these days.

thevoid99
10-27-2014, 09:31 PM
So the main event at Survivor Series will be Team Cena vs. Team Authority? LAME!!!!

Piko
10-27-2014, 09:35 PM
So the main event at Survivor Series will be Team Cena vs. Team Authority? LAME!!!!

Gotta fill time somehow. Originally, I was cool with Lesnar being a part time champion. Missing a few ppvs is fine with me. But it's too much. He should be defending at Survivor Series. Let him take off the B shows, and let him appear at the main ones (survivor series, rumble, mania).

henryeatscereal
10-27-2014, 10:49 PM
At least they are doing the traditional Survivor Series match, but c'mon, it could be done without Cena, Lesnar not defending will hurt the championship, i guess it will be defended at TLC? still Lesnar will retain that that will be boring, WWE needs Bryan and CM Punk, hate to say it but i can't think of other babyfaces to fill the spot (I like Ambrose but he needs to get over more and Taker's future is in limbo, so i can't think of more people to fill the spot).

thevoid99
10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
At least they are doing the traditional Survivor Series match, but c'mon, it could be done without Cena, Lesnar not defending will hurt the championship, i guess it will be defended at TLC? still Lesnar will retain that that will be boring, WWE needs Bryan and CM Punk, hate to say it but i can't think of other babyfaces to fill the spot (I like Ambrose but he needs to get over more and Taker's future is in limbo, so i can't think of more people to fill the spot).

I want Bryan and Punk to come back too but Bryan might not return in time for the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania while Punk isn't going to return. I think he did the right thing in leaving as I think he realize what the WWE is becoming and leave before the ship is sinking.

Crybotch is back! Wow.... :rolleyes:

Piko
10-28-2014, 12:46 AM
I really wouldn't be surprised if Cena was the original plan for Lesnar at rumble and they're just too lazy to change it. He took Bryan's spot after all and filled in for summerslam and NOC. But who knows when Bryan will come back. First they say surgery, then it's no surgery and he'll be back by rumble, and now it's surgery again and no estimate date for him to return. I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see him return at summerslam. That's if ever comes back. I don't think we should rule out a Punk return. Stone Cold did the same thing and returned a year later. So, it's possible. Going to be realistic about it though and won't really buy into anything until he actually says or does something.

Maul
10-28-2014, 04:51 AM
I read CM Punk and WWE achieved a common understanding and WWE will start selling Punk merch once again.

Space Suicide
10-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Cena's Team wins by default since he's on the team. #ss2014results

I bet it'll go something like this:

John Cena (Winner of one man team)
Dean Ambrose
Loser
Loser
Loser

vs.

Seth Rollins
Randy Orton
Kane
Bray Wyatt
????

henryeatscereal
10-28-2014, 09:40 AM
They teased that Dolph Ziggler will be on Cena's team too, i predict that either The Miz or Cessaro will end up in Rollin's team...

Ryback returns... *yawn*

Piko
10-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Orton will be on team Cena.

thevoid99
10-28-2014, 03:04 PM
I would rather castrate myself than to see Cena break Bruno Sammartino's championship reign. I'm likely to be done w/ WWE by the end of the year for good. I think WrestleMania 31 will be one of the worst shows ever.

Piko
10-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Like the length of his reign? If I remember correctly, Bruno held the belt for like a 1000 days without losing it, ever. Cena will never do that. No one will. WWE and it's fans don't have the attention span to have a reigning champion for a decade, no matter who it is. Cena WILL probably beat Flair's record though.

perceptionnexus
10-28-2014, 03:31 PM
As annoying as it is, his whole thing with Kane interfering constantly is starting to border on hilarious. I wish someone would digitally edit him into a blooper reel, interfering with all sorts of classic matches such as hogan/andre, hart/michaels, random divas matches, and any number of matches from the 1960s.

xfocalinx
10-28-2014, 04:30 PM
My good friend Mark Andrews tried out for TNA's British Bootcamp 2

here's the video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28ok8y_tna-british-boot-camp-2-episode2_sport

Space Suicide
10-28-2014, 04:58 PM
As annoying as it is, his whole thing with Kane interfering constantly is starting to border on hilarious. I wish someone would digitally edit him into a blooper reel, interfering with all sorts of classic matches such as hogan/andre, hart/michaels, random divas matches, and any number of matches from the 1960s.

That'd be awesome. It'd be the next RKO Out of Nowhere meme. I really love Kane but this whole corporate angle has been crap ever since they introduced it. I hate it.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120622184806/prowrestling/images/e/ec/1997-1999.jpg

I don't/didn't even hate him unmasking, in fact I loved in it 2003-2005. So I don't blame that at all.

I would rather castrate myself than to see Cena break Bruno Sammartino's championship reign. I'm likely to be done w/ WWE by the end of the year for good. I think WrestleMania 31 will be one of the worst shows ever.

Cena won't. Cena might have a lot of reigns but most last 2-4 months tops. His first win was his longest. He won't top that again. It's a joke he even regularly wins and gets title shots.

Cena WILL probably beat Flair's record though.

Unfortunately he will even though he's 1/10th the showman, wrestler and character that Flair is.

henryeatscereal
10-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Vintage Kane:

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10304340_961497790531353_4415365039705566433_n.jpg ?oh=2e36f5f297ae08fe0c5ce0763098782e&oe=54DDE4D1

thevoid99
10-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Kane is such a pussy now. I would love to see the character be done in an inferno match or something where he gets destroyed to the point that he couldn't continue as anything.

henryeatscereal
10-29-2014, 09:54 AM
The character went a bit downhill when he lost the mask, at first it was done well because he was "pycho-Kane" with no remorse but then he became a joke, his current incarnation is by far his worst, i don't know why they took off the mask in the fist place, maybe they can give him the transparent one he uses in "See no evil 2", that would be cool...

thevoid99
10-29-2014, 03:38 PM
I don't think anything will get Kane back to what made him so cool anymore. For one, I would like to see the corporate character be destroyed when he finds his mask had been stolen and he starts to lose it. Then the lights go down and his music comes in and it's Daniel Bryan wearing the Kane mask unleashing all of its powers prompting Kane to go insane. Instead, Bryan attacks him and puts him inside a car. Pours gasoline all over it and then blows up the car. Takes the mask off and Corporate Kane is dead.

Sadly, that will never happen as there's reports about Bryan's condition and he might not return in time for WrestleMania which really sucks. If he ever does return. The first person he should go after is John Cena for not just taking his spot but also for taking on this messiah complex that the WWE has been building on.

onthewall2983
10-30-2014, 09:18 AM
WWE Network changed their payment policy and now you don't have to wait however many months from when you started to cancel. This starts in December, and I think next month is free.

Piko
10-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Hopefully that helps the network out. On another note, Kevin Steen's new name is Kevin Owens. A tribute to Owen Hart.

gorast
10-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Kevin Owens is much, much better than I expected. It's pretty much right below keeping his name, for me. Those "KILL OWENS KILL" chants will be hella awkward, though...

I got the Network on the 12.99 no-commitment plan a couple months ago because the six-month commitment was what scared me away, so I'm glad that's gone. I feel like I'm not the norm, though, so I don't know how much that'll translate into new buys. I really hope the subscribers pick up; I don't want the Network to go under or undergo some sort of radical change because of these numbers.

spiralout
10-30-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm also hoping the Network survives. I think it's great. I don't understand these people on sites like Wrestlezone that seem happy that the Network is not doing as good as WWE had hoped.

perceptionnexus
10-30-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm also hoping the Network survives. I think it's great. I don't understand these people on sites like Wrestlezone that seem happy that the Network is not doing as good as WWE had hoped.

Pretty sure the logic there is that if WWE starts really suffering financially it will give them a real kick in the ass to look at the quality of their current product and take a hard look at changing things up for the better. Kind of like what happened in 95-96 before the attitude era. As they have no real competition in the marketplace anymore, their success hangs pretty much on the numbers they bring in based on their own product.

I think quality-wise overall the product is a ghost of what fans know they are capable of putting out, and that's really frustrating. They seem to basically be sitting on their laurels and accepting their product as being "good enough" to pass grade, as opposed to focusing on innovation and creativity. They've got all these awesome young talents that are not being allowed to show their full potential due to lackluster writing and booking.

I mean, there was a reason Raw was reaching 5-9 million people weekly in the late 90s. The product then was really in touch with American culture and just generally more interesting, creatively and booking-wise. If they want to see those kinds of numbers again (not sure why they wouldn't want to). It's their job to find ways to tap into that kind of energy again in 2014, other than displaying fucking tweets on the screen throughout the show. They're going to have to take some chances, probably step on some toes and piss a few people off, and maybe Vince is just not willing to do that anymore.

While I'm on a soapbox, I think the commentary team at the moment is really hindering a lot of the product. JBL/Cole/Lawler are like dead flies. If 1998 era Jim Ross was calling the Ambrose/Rollins HIAC match, it would have made icon status. They need some fresh, energetic blood behind that table and some writers who are real wrestling fans.

Piko
10-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Some people enjoy pirating ppvs. Everything on the network is available for free. Some are still paying the full ppv price. But, most are probably pirating it. It's a real shame. If you're a fan, and watch all of the ppvs, is 10-12 bucks that hard to come up with to support the product? Part of the reason why TNA is in the shape it's in. Their shows get roughly a million viewers, yet no one buys their ppvs. They watch it though. It's that stuff like that that will kill wrestling, or anything you may follow on a regular basis. Some may not care now, but it can be a serious problem in the future.

gorast
10-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Titus managed to not suck ass on NXT last night, which is good. I love Titus as a character, but good God, that man has such a hard time wrestling. Maybe it's his posture - it looks like his ass is constantly sticking out and curving his spine too much. I dunno.

Tyler Breeze calling Sami out for a match next week was great stuff. I honestly kind of wish Tyler never gets called up - the way the main product is now, he would get relegated to jobber status instantly. It's like being a Tough Enough winner - you're not actually going to make it anywhere in WWE, which is a huge shame.

Carmella is getting better, though I'm mad she went over Emma. That poor girl has fallen way more than she deserves. Tag Team battle royal was cool, though it was really obvious that the outside refs were directing the Vaudevillains on when to roll back in.

Can't wait for Hideo's "friend" to debut next week. That'll be a fun time.

spiralout
10-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Breeze vs Zayn/Itami and a friend vs Ascension for next week....count me in.

Not a fan of Bull Dempsey at all, Baron Corbin on the other hand....that's a maybe. His finisher looks like it could really hurt someone.

gorast
10-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Baron Corbin is awesome, I think he just needs a little more mic time. He could be the reincarnation of Taker's biker gimmick from the early 2000s if done right. I've also seen him do an actual match at a live event, and he's very good in the ring. Definitely has a lot more potential that most of the mid-card guys do in terms of actually being on the main roster.

Piko
10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Don't really have an opinion on Corbin, yet. Pretty whatever about Dempsey. Breeze might as well get a consolation shovel when he gets called up. Fandango 2.0. Great wrestler, but the gimmick is going to bury him on the main roster. And I like the gimmick. A pretty boy/enigma ala hbk/goldust who has a dark side to him. I'll be fine to see him stay in NXT.

onthewall2983
11-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Ran across this

At the Smackdown taping, the show started off with Big Show in the ring. He got on the microphone and told the fans that Daniel Bryan would need another surgery, and asked them do to the YES chant so that they could film it and send it to Bryan as a "get well soon" type of thing.

As it turns out...this wasn't why they did it. Smackdown opened with Vince's announcement of the WWE Network's "Free November" thing (and they bothered to pipe in cheers and have Eden/Vince do voice overs [with bad echo effects] to make it sound like it actually happened at the show) and then they showed the crowd doing the YES chants (with the video of Vince edited onto the titantron).

Basically, WWE used Bryan and his injury to get the crowd to cheer and chant so that they could just use it to make it look like they were reacting to Vince's announcement about the Network.

Piko
11-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty cheap thing to do...

Swykk
11-03-2014, 06:16 PM
I will squeal with joy if Kevin Owens costs Sami Zayn the NXT title. If you don't know, you will.

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Such bullshit they they're giving the network away for free for the month and I'm being charged for it. There should be some sort of loyalty non-charge considering I've stuck with the goddamn thing since it launched.

RJK
11-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Such bullshit they they're giving the network away for free for the month and I'm being charged for it. There should be some sort of loyalty non-charge considering I've stuck with the goddamn thing since it launched.

I was under the assumption that we weren't getting charged this month. That's what the email inferred.

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 07:07 PM
I was under the assumption that we weren't getting charged this month. That's what the email inferred.

I just got a statement from Paypal saying I was charged and it showed up on my statement.

Piko
11-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Maybe it was for last month? I haven't been charged yet for this month. If I get billed, I'll complain. And I recommend anyone else to as well. This month should be free.

Pretty cool seeing Vince. Time finally caught up to him.

Edit: just heard on raw. Free for "new suscribers". Let's get em'

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm going to send them a nasty e-mail, this is such bullshit!

Piko
11-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I sent a tweet. Hopefully gets some attention. I'll email them later.

RJK
11-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Yeah I checked the website and it says I get billed November 24th. Lame.

Space Suicide
11-03-2014, 08:15 PM
I've come from the future, friends. I have travelled in time forwards and back to give you this news I witnessed with my own eyes!

Survivor Series 2014 Main Event: Team Rollins vs Team Cena results!

After a tiresome match that lasted a grueling time span of 48 minutes 35 seconds, the winner of the match is sayin' nothin' but Hustle Loyalty Respect. So are we? With a certain defeat eminent, a battered and bloody John Cena, suffering a 3 inch gash on his forehead, was on the mat being circled by an out of control team as Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Kane circled their prey. But against all odds, the fruity pebble stood tall and delivered a 15 knuckle shuffle after flooring all three men with a lucky trip and a horribly executed hurricanrana with both his legs and arms! The men stared starry eyed at the ceiling rafters as the young champion defiantly shouted on a microphone: "You can't see me!" Cena "The Champ" ran through all 3 with an elbow drop. Somehow the man's arm stretched over 9 feet long to hit all three at once!

Bathing in his own blood he pinned the three men in unison and sealed the victory of the night that would define the next 12 months of current day WWE. The Champ cried profusely as he gave enthusiastic high fives to audience kiddies and man children. He even fist bumped Michael Cole on the way out, staining the announcer's suit and tie with a bloody mess from his forehead wound. He stumbled to the back and met Brock Lesnar and powerslammed the Beast Incarnate with an FU...I mean AA. He then shouted while gurgling blood: "You're mine at Wrestlemania XXXI."

We don't know yet but we have confirmation the Champ wins the belt again at the PPV. Stay tuned.

thevoid99
11-03-2014, 09:05 PM
I heard Vince is back. Ya.... oh shit. I heard if the Authority loses, he regains control. Shit, no one wins.

henryeatscereal
11-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Excluding Rollins Vs Ziggler, RAW has been pretty forgettable so far...

Piko
11-03-2014, 09:09 PM
I wasn't specified on who takes control. The stipulation is just if the authority loses, they're done. I'm sure we'll get more details as we get closer to the ppv. My guess, their going to run with the power struggle storyline rumor from a couple years back. No way the authority is going anywhere.

So, who thinks Rusev will win the US title? It'd be a good way to build interest for the "free month". It would be stupid if they don't.

RJK
11-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Zack Ryder is on Raw!!.... Oh wait he's facing Rusev. :-(

Piko
11-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Not sure which is funnier. Ryder jobbing as usual. Or his tweet about joining Cena's team. I LOL at him every time. Something about his face I just don't like...

RJK
11-03-2014, 09:53 PM
I really appreciate that Ryder is a mega wrestling nerd.

Piko
11-03-2014, 10:35 PM
New US champion.

RJK
11-03-2014, 10:37 PM
No surprise but they did have a pretty decent match.

Piko
11-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Indeed. Rusev losing would've been a big mistake. Network was delayed, again, in the UK. So, until they get that stuff straightened out, they need to figure out a way to get more subscriptions in North America.

RJK
11-04-2014, 08:41 AM
I like that they gave them a lot of time too. But coming after a 3 hour and 15 minute Raw I just wanted it over so I could go to bed.

Sheamus needs a heel turn. There was a pretty good "Let's go Sheamus. Sheamus sucks." chant last night.

Rusev with the US title makes a lot of sense. He'll definitely be able to get a lot of heat off of it. Maybe even rename it just to piss people off.

Piko
11-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Sheamus REALLY needs a heel turn. Something to freshen up his character. He needs something. Pretty good match. But, like RJK said, after raw, I was pretty drained and probably didn't give the match the attention it probably deserved.

Maul
11-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm watching the main event and the US championship match, once I get home from college. Big Show/Henry was a sleeper match and It's a shame, since they can still put on a good match.

gorast
11-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Rusev/Sheamus was fucking awesome. Sheamus may be the most boring person ever, but he's a great wrestler, really, really solid. He made Rusev earn that belt.

Speaking of that, I also appreciate the bits of nuance that Rusev brought into his performance for this match - he actually went for a pin, because winning the belt is more important than embarrassing your opponent with the Accolade, which he managed to do to win anyway. Great stuff.

The US title's had some nice, long reigns attached to it, so hopefully Rusev will hold the belt until Wrestlemania. I think - or hope, rather - that this makes him Cena-proof, because WWE would never sully they golden boy with a "lesser" belt, right?

Right?

God, I hope he doesn't get a (fourth) US Title reign this late in his fucking career.

That Raw was almost universally fantastic. Not having Cena felt nice and fresh, Dolph is suddenly in the main event picture (way to fucking go, man), and even though Cesaro's at the bottom of the god damn barrel (why is he suddenly feuding with Ambrose? What is this?) he still puts on great matches, even when Dean tries to take a bite out of his scalp.

All the Authority stuff? Incredible. From Vince to Orton being whacked out on cocaine the entire show to that spectacular write-off for him (and blood that doesn't look god damn horrifying!), that was some of the most cohesive and engaging storytelling I've seen in months. Thank you, WWE.

Also, I watched the second half of iMPACT tonight. That hardcore match sucked (thanks Tommy Dreamer), but the Havok/Gail Kim match was astounding, and MVP did some great work in the main event against Bobby Roode. Like, wow. Gonna try and make it a habit of watching iMPACT if I can.

onthewall2983
11-06-2014, 12:13 PM
The Network is adding a ton of ECW in the next week or so.

gorast
11-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Joey Styles and Heyman are talking about ECW after Raw to kick off ECW week. I really, really hope Heyman just shits all over WWE's abuse of the brand. I'm sure Styles has some pent-up bitterness over it, too, but I doubt he'll risk it.

Space Suicide
11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
I hate the Road Warriors. Awful image, terrible in ring personalities and boring wrestling skills. It might be an unpopular opinion but : Pffffffffttttttttttttttt!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pOo-ZiZZk4c/Ut1tH1AUPlI/AAAAAAAAdvI/xxOKupujYuI/s1600/17+%281%29.jpg

Piko
11-09-2014, 05:42 PM
I hate the Road Warriors. Awful image, terrible in ring personalities and boring wrestling skills. It might be an unpopular opinion but : Pffffffffttttttttttttttt!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pOo-ZiZZk4c/Ut1tH1AUPlI/AAAAAAAAdvI/xxOKupujYuI/s1600/17+%281%29.jpg

They weren't amazing. But they were THE tag team, imo. From the look and double teaming.

thevoid99
11-09-2014, 08:11 PM
I could never hate the Road Warriors. To me, they were the greatest tag team ever. They had the look of being badasses and they backed that up in the ring. LOD 2000 though, was terrible as it didn't really make them look great while the addition of Droz was uninspiring.

Piko
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Adding Droz was a massive mistake. Can't blame them for wanting to try something new after so many years.

Space Suicide
11-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Adding Droz was a massive mistake. Can't blame them for wanting to try something new after so many years.

http://photos.imageevent.com/wrestlingfanaticactionfigures/wwepromowrestlingphotoswwf/legion%20of%20doom.jpg

thevoid99
11-09-2014, 09:55 PM
I didn't like that incarnation as well. Original Road Warriors/Legion of Doom all the way. The Doomsday Device is clearly one of the greatest finishing moves ever.

henryeatscereal
11-09-2014, 10:30 PM
LOD weren't great in the ring but they were effective: they had the look, the gimmick and "the finishing move". I agree that Heidenreich and Droz were terrible in the Tag Team but as Piko said: don't blame them for trying something new...

Oh and that angle were Hawk was about to commit suicide was terrible, so sad that in many ways it wasn't a work...

onthewall2983
11-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Going to WWF made them more popular than they ever were elsewhere, but it was to the detriment of the bad-ass image that they cultivated in the 80's. Vince made them cartoon characters just like everyone else.

Space Suicide
11-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Meh, whatever. (http://marvel.com/news/comics/23636/welcome_to_marvel_cm_punk_-_hope_you_survive_the_experience)

gorast
11-10-2014, 02:04 PM
I'll definitely read it, to see if he's any good. Must be a dream come true for the guy.

On an unrelated note, this Raw is going to be heckled into oblivion by the UK crowd. The recent tour has been a disaster, from what I've heard.

henryeatscereal
11-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Meh, whatever. (http://marvel.com/news/comics/23636/welcome_to_marvel_cm_punk_-_hope_you_survive_the_experience)
Scott Levy (Raven), did it before it was "cool"...

Piko
11-10-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll at least check it out. He's a legit comic guy. So, he might be able to pull it off. Last time he was in town for Raw, a few of my friends saw him at one of the comic shops. And...gasp...he was...friendly to them... But for someone who's big into comics like that, he might fit right in.

On a brighter note. Grumpy Cat will be guest hosting Raw! Damn Internet not picking up on my false enthusiasm. I'm guessing Vince just discovered the videos and figures it would be a great idea. I'm sure the cat won't get Kathy Lee heat though.

Space Suicide
11-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I love Grumpy Cat (Tartar Sauce is her name by the way). I even just recently bought my girlfriend a tiny Grumpy Cat plushie. Haha. I dig it, no matter how stupid.

gorast
11-10-2014, 05:05 PM
If Seth Rollins gives that fucking cat a curb stomp I'll mark the fuck out.

Space Suicide
11-10-2014, 07:18 PM
I laugh at the in-ring segment that's on right now. John Cena calling everyone in the ring against him a sellout...hilarious considering he's the biggest fucking sellout in WWE in the past 15 years.

Piko
11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Gotta give the guy some credit though. When he's not leeching from over guys to get over, he's pretty witty on the mic. A lot of cheap pops though.

New Idea for a drinking game. Drink every time they plug the network tonight. Gonna be a lot of drinks. I'm going to keep track of how many times they do it. It's one thing go plug the network. But, it's kinda sad on how desperate they are about it. They might as well get on their knees and beg at this point.

Kid Charlemagne
11-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Always amazes me the reception Jack Swagger gets in the UK considering he's the "All American".

Space Suicide
11-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Agggghhhhh, Nickelshit is the artist for this year's Survivor Series PPV.

I miss the nu-metal past their prime choices from the early 2000's...lol.

gorast
11-11-2014, 12:17 AM
One mention of the Network, from my count. Probably to minimize the murders that undoubtably happened since the UK doesn't have the Network yet.

Speaking of, that crowd went from hysterical to fucking awful real quick. Yes, boo John Cena, chant to the rhythm of his theme. Don't fucking boo during Sheamus/Rusev, you fucks. Don't troll security with "YOU SOLD OUT" chants when some fuckhead is being obnoxious in the seats.

Good storyline progression on this Raw. We're coming up on Wrestlemania season, so things are picking up. Glad to be out of the horrendous post-Summerslam mess.

Piko
11-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Crowd was all over the place. Think I heard some "where's our network" chants. I don't understand how you can boo a guy the second you see him, then you start cheering him after a few cheap pops

Triple H was great. How he can ad lib so quickly and easily is an amazing feat. He saved that segment as far as I'm concerned.

Read that security was confiscating JR signs, etc.

spiralout
11-11-2014, 05:42 AM
I actually enjoyed Raw tonight.

Seems as if the Woods stable is happening, albeit in a different way than we expected. Glad Kofi is getting a new gimmick.

I want the authority to end but I want team Cena to lose. If team Cena does win, I want Ziggler to be the last man standing.

Piko
11-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Wonder if Big E is in the stable. Haven't seen much from him in awhile. Not sure how I feel about the new gimmicks though. Especially when WWE is currently being accused of racism by former wrestlers.

gorast
11-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I think we need to wait and see with the Xavier/Kofi/Big E thing. Kofi showing up this week, I think, means that Big E is definitely in, but these promos could be swerving us into something like "we're not going to be shoved into spots like that, that's not who we are." I would very much like that, for the three of them to come out, fully committed to the gimmick, preferably get tons of praise, and then just fucking shit on everybody for buying into Yet Another Black Man Singing.

But this is WWE we're talking here, where they're also implying that Erick Rowan is mentally disabled and wants to touch pretty blondes, so maybe not.

onthewall2983
11-11-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm not up on much these days, but my superfan brother even told me he can't watch any more than 45 minutes of Raw these days.

RJK
11-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm a superfan and I've started watching Gotham live at 8 with my wife and then watching Raw on fast forward. Skipping the boring parts. You can watch the while show in an hour.

thevoid99
11-11-2014, 10:39 PM
It's been more than 2 months since I watched it and now that Grumpy Cat is coming, it looks like fans are going to tune out. British fans kept chanting "we want our network" on a Smackdown taping and Vince made an appearance and he was booed.

Piko
11-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Current UK tour hasn't gone too well for them. Apparently, it's a pretty big no-no (i'm semi informed of the subject) to use Ireland and UK in the same sentence. Lack of network doesn't help much either.

thevoid99
11-12-2014, 12:18 AM
In other news, it looks Good Ol' JR has found a new gig: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/526299-update-on-jim-ross-announcing-wrestle-kingdom-9-in-tokyo-check-out-the-first-trailer-for-the-ppv-w-clips-from-jr-video

SUCK IT VINCE!

gorast
11-12-2014, 01:48 AM
The Network is the huge pain point for this UK tour. It's painfully obvious that everything they've done in the past couple of weeks (Rusev winning the US Title on the Network, this UK tour) was planned as a celebration of the Network's rollout in the UK. Fuck Sky Sports, they're trying to wash their hands of this when they know damn well it's their greedy, grubby fucking paws that screwed all those UK fans over.

I wish GFW would offer Wrestle Kingdom 9 in some sort of iPPV format. I don't want to spend fifty dollars on a NJPW show.

Piko
11-12-2014, 11:19 AM
A video of Vince going off on the crowd at the Smackdown taping emerged. WWE wasted zero time pulling down what they can.

RJK
11-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Watching NXT and Finn Bálor looks and wrestles like a main roster superstar. He won't be in NXT long.

gorast
11-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Finn Balor is a monster, as expected. I'm surprised that the Ascension didn't show up this week. I feel like this is definitely their final NXT feud, but what if it's over already? If they debut on the main roster soon, I'm going to flip out.

Also, holy Christ, what an incredible episode. Zayn v. Neville was wrestling storytelling at its absolute finest. Even though this is just a random episode of NXT, I thought for sure Zayn was going to win the big one here. He was dominating that bastard Neville the whole match, and the knee injury finish was done so god damn well that I actually wanted Neville to be fucked up at the end. Absolutely devastating. I cannot wait for the rematch.

Piko
11-14-2014, 02:19 PM
WWE wished Khali and Brad Maddox best in their future endevours.

thevoid99
11-14-2014, 02:37 PM
WWE wished Khali and Brad Maddox best in their future endevours.

Brad Maddox got released? Good! He sucked.

RJK
11-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Also, holy Christ, what an incredible episode. Zayn v. Neville was wrestling storytelling at its absolute finest. Even though this is just a random episode of NXT, I thought for sure Zayn was going to win the big one here. He was dominating that bastard Neville the whole match, and the knee injury finish was done so god damn well that I actually wanted Neville to be fucked up at the end. Absolutely devastating. I cannot wait for the rematch.

Hopefully someone makes his debut during the rematch at the next NXT special and cost Zayn the match. ;-)

gorast
11-14-2014, 05:31 PM
I'd be so fucking mad. That'd be some nuclear-ass heat for Undisclosed Debuting Man.

(I know who it is, but some looking at the thread might not, so...)

Book it. I need to see it happen. Or, at least, Zayn gets the title, and then immediately is fucking murdered by a package piledriver.

RJK
11-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Zero percent chance he gets to use his finisher in WWE. :-(

gorast
11-14-2014, 10:04 PM
True. This is all fantasy booking, anyway. They'll almost certainly debut him at the event, but it'll most likely just be an intimidating stare-down while the guys in the Full Sail crowd that know what's happening are losing their fucking minds.

They'll probably do the KENTA/Itami style name change on the TitanTron, too. Apparently, they did it when Balor debuted to get a larger reaction, but it was cut from the episode so that new/unfamiliar viewers wouldn't be confused by it.

skip niklas
11-14-2014, 10:11 PM
A video of Vince going off on the crowd at the Smackdown taping emerged. WWE wasted zero time pulling down what they can.

Know anywhere that can be seen?

Piko
11-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Know anywhere that can be seen?

Haven't been able to find it. A legit one, that is. And when I did, it was blocked due to copyright by WWE. Basically, the liverpool crowd were dead and pissed off. Almost no reaction whatsoever. So Vince ended up going out and cut a heel promo. Made a little fun of the name Liverpool and told everyone to "have some fun, dammit". He didn't go nanners like they originally said. He went out, took some heat, and got the crowd going so they could continue the taping.

henryeatscereal
11-15-2014, 01:40 AM
I have no trouble with Khali but i think he's better off the WWE, he was too untalented and clumsy, i just wonder what will happen with the WWE's ratings in India, since i know he's huge over there

thevoid99
11-16-2014, 09:17 PM
There's a rumor that Spike TV is pretty much done w/ TNA: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/527351-spiketv-reportedly-done-with-impact

Piko
11-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Who knows? One day we hear they're done, and the other, they're still negotiating. Until something is announced, no one will really know what what's going to happen. What probably is happening, though, is that this week could very well be the final episode of impact. After this week, Spike will likely run "best of" shows until the next year (contract extension is up).

For their sakes, I hope they find a deal. But, they will probably get even less money than before. So, TNA could be screwed regardless.

Maul
11-17-2014, 06:45 AM
The only good thing that could come of TNA getting less money is the people in charge waking the f*ck up. Treating their young talent with respect and trying to repackage the whole thing, fixing the mistakes that brought the company down.

I get pissed beyond relief when I think about how awesome TNA used to be. Sure,there was always sh*t but still, it was really cool and the X-Division was one of things that made me reconnect with wrestling.

Piko
11-17-2014, 08:58 AM
The show's been great these past few months. Especially considering it's going against three hour talk shows on Monday nights. I think when it comes to putting on a show, they finally figured it out. But, it might've been too late.

They should've taken Spike's original deal. Spike wanted 10% of the company, and Dixie said no. Then again, that could just be all rumors.

There's always Lucha Underground for an alternative...

thevoid99
11-17-2014, 02:52 PM
What about Ring of Honor? I've been enjoying their program.

Piko
11-17-2014, 03:18 PM
ROH is hit or miss with me. Last week's episode, the only decent match was Lethal/ACH. The rest was just sloppy. Some of those guys are top notch. Others, not so much. A few weeks ago it was AJ Styles and Matt Sydel (Evan Bourne), which was incredible.

gorast
11-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Lucha Underground would be a perfectly fine alternative if it was shown in more than, like, five homes in America. And I don't want to pirate the products of smaller companies because at that point it really feels like outright theft.

I've watched the past two weeks of Impact and I'm going to catch this episode, too. I think the main event is Lashley/Roode? I can't remember. That'll be a great match anyway.

Piko
11-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I only pirate the things that aren't easy to watch (NJPW). I have no problem supporting the companies. Sadly, I think many pirated TNA ppvs. Same people who crack jokes about them going out of business. I need alternatives. I'll be a WWE guy for the foreseeable future. But, these three hour talk shows that Raw has become aren't cutting it.

Space Suicide
11-17-2014, 07:23 PM
I got a check in the mail today from WWE for $8.32. Not sure what it's for? Refund for this Month's Network Fee? Or refunding me a portion of this years WWE Magazine subscription since it ended?

Free moniez

Piko
11-17-2014, 07:40 PM
New IC champion, Luke Harper. Bittersweet about it.

Space Suicide
11-17-2014, 07:41 PM
New IC champion, Luke Harper. Bittersweet about it.

Shitty match and a stupid outcome. I'm not a fan of it or any of the Wyatt Clan. Or in this case, former Wyatt Clan.

Fuck Adam Rose. What a mediocre piece of shit wrestler and a dumbass gimmick.

thevoid99
11-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Fuck Adam Rose. What a mediocre piece of shit wrestler and a dumbass gimmick.

I hear you. Loud and clear. "Don't be a lemon, be a rosebud". Fuck off you wanker and take that ugly bunny with you.

Space Suicide
11-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I hear you. Loud and clear. "Don't be a lemon, be a rosebud". Fuck off you wanker and take that ugly bunny with you.

He's a dumb character.

I wonder what wrestler is under that stupid suit. Probably a cruiserweight of some sort. Who knows.

I hope Ambrose crushes Bray Wyatt at Survivor Series. I'm so sick of the Bray Wyatt character already. It's essentially the same crap for each fucking feud he has had and it's getting old. His promos are boring rambling with no point. I get the gimmick and why he says the things he does but it offers nothing and never really goes anywhere. I don't even know what the hell the idiot is babbling about on the screen right now.

thevoid99
11-17-2014, 09:24 PM
He's a dumb character.

I wonder what wrestler is under that stupid suit. Probably a cruiserweight of some sort. Who knows.

I hope Ambrose crushes Bray Wyatt at Survivor Series. I'm so sick of the Bray Wyatt character already. It's essentially the same crap for each fucking feud he has had and it's getting old. His promos are boring rambling with no point. I get the gimmick and why he says the things he does but it offers nothing and never really goes anywhere. I don't even know what the hell the idiot is babbling about on the screen right now.

I blame this on John Cena. He should've won that match at WrestleMania and make Cena look worse than he already is.

Then again, I'm not watching RAW. I haven't watched since mid-September. What's the point now?

Oh, there's rumors that AJ is leaving WWE and Botch-Marie has gained new bewbs: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/527617-wwe-diva-breast-augmentation

Man, she's a walking joke waiting to happen.

henryeatscereal
11-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Did not watch RAW and proud of it...

AJ leaving the WWE? wouldn't be surprised, she looks like someone having a hard time being there, not just because of her heel character, i think its a matter of time till she ends up packing and leaving the division just for Paige (sadly i don't think Paige will be able to carry it...).
Adam Rose is stupid and pointless and i thought Fandango was a bad character...

...and speaking of Fannndannngooo:

http://cdn3-www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2014/02/dvd-lg-signature-sounds.jpg

God, it looks like they are not even trying anymore...

thevoid99
11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
So it's going to be Cena, Rowan, Ziggler, Show, and Crybotch vs. Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Henry, & Harper?

Whoever wins, we all lose. Man, I am not going to watch the show. Hell, I'm getting to the point of indifference. Plus, I'm not happy about the idea of AJ dropping the belt to Nikki Bella if it happens. At least it's not Botch-Marie.

Piko
11-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Speaking of Eva Marie. She had some work done. No bueno... The word is AJ leaving either after sunday, or next month. You seem to be forgetting about NXT. Charlotte is probably going to get called up any day now. And if AJ leaves next month, which coincidentally also has an NXT event where Charlotte could drop the title, then show up on the raw after the TLC ppv. Maybe Nikki wins it. I don't expect a long reign though. I can only imagine Brie probably challenging first after tonight and not being her sister's slave anymore. Timing adds up. Then again, just months ago the rumor was AJ being pregnant, which was false. So who knows? Charlotte is ready to hit the main roster though. Emma's just stagnating when she's capable of so much more.

Team Cena vs. Authority just seems half assed. Rowan on Team Cena? Really? Where's the logic in that? And what happens to Rusev? He goes back to bashing America the next night like nothing ever happened? So many holes in this. Some think Cena's team will win. I'm not so sure about that though. I don't think they're ready to kill the authority angle just yet. Especially with Orton probably coming back any day now (maybe Sunday or the night after).

Swykk
11-18-2014, 07:33 AM
I keep telling you guys PWG is where it's at. Oh, and Cesaro jobbing to Rybread is a fucking travesty.

henryeatscereal
11-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Cesaro jobbed to Ryback???

...they sure are assholes...

Piko
11-18-2014, 09:32 AM
And that's why you don't talk shit on Cena in the media. That 2 out of 3 falls match proved that. Everyone gets a fall in those matches. Have to have heat if you get shutout like that. That just never happens.

xfocalinx
11-18-2014, 11:45 AM
That was a very well done go-home raw.

gorast
11-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Very, very good Raw tonight. Grumpy Cat was kept to a minimum, and honestly, non-human hosts are infinitely better than human ones.

I feel like the Cesaro and Rowan aspects of the closing segment were purely for swerve purposes. Rowan is apparently being set up to feud with Harper over the IC title, which he won't get because Harper is awesome and more ready than Rowan (character-wise at least; I don't remember how good of a wrestler Rowan is), and Cesaro continues to be used for filler matches and jokes. I really hope they do something with him soon - he doesn't deserve this.

It's a shame that Ziggler was sacrificed to the storyline, and also a shame that the match wasn't good, but that's not either Ziggler or Harper, and I expect some real fights in the coming weeks between them and possibly with Rowan thrown in. At least those two now have some sort of direction, and it's hilarious that Harper has a title to his name and Bray Wyatt doesn't. But it was never about the titles for good ol' Husky, was it?

Speaking of that, Dean Ambrose is great, and he's done fantastic work in this feud, but man, Wyatt's character has been ruined. We wanted talking Undertaker, but instead, this homeless man has stripped all of the mystique from him by no-selling every week. Oh well. Maybe it'll be over after Sunday.

Give the title to Nikki, for God's sake. I also don't believe the rumors about AJ leaving because they've been going on for months and months and months with absolutely nothing coming from it. I don't think she's following Phil out the door anytime soon.

What else...Sheamus is gone for some reason. I wasn't expecting him to get the "beat up and out of the match" treatment, but there it is. I'm glad Rowan's getting a spot and I personally love Ryback, so that's cool, but Ryback's turn to Cena wasn't really done very well. An hour ago, he was in for himself, and after being shit on by Cena, he's on Team Cena? Hm.

Shout-out to Triple H for still being the best motherfucker on the mic. Dude cut a straight babyface promo there and it was incredible. HHH is the future.

I don't remember anything else important. Tag titles are apparently on the line because they realized there are only four matches lined up for a three-hour card. Miz and Mizdow are getting those, guaranteed. Nobody gives a fuck about the Dusts anymore, no one's ever given a fuck about the Usos, and Unfortunate Racial Stereotype 2014 are a filler team and vehicle for El Torito. If the Mizes don't win the titles, I'll...probably just complain about it on the Internet.

Should be a good show on Sunday.

thevoid99
11-18-2014, 02:12 PM
I keep telling you guys PWG is where it's at. Oh, and Cesaro jobbing to Rybread is a fucking travesty.

I wanna check out PWG as well. As long as it doesn't involve Cesaro jobbing to Crybotch.

perceptionnexus
11-18-2014, 03:19 PM
I was hoping Sheamus was going to turn heel, join the authority, and accept the WHC match, since he technically beat Big Slow by disqualification.

thevoid99
11-18-2014, 10:01 PM
I was hoping Sheamus was going to turn heel, join the authority, and accept the WHC match, since he technically beat Big Slow by disqualification.

The only way Sheamus can turn heel is if he decides to Brogue kick John Cena. There's speculations that Ziggler is going to turn heel. Hell, why don't we have the entire roster turn heel on Cena? That way, Cena gets the ultimate beat down. Goes away for a very long time and everyone can get a chance to be on the spotlight.

Piko
11-19-2014, 12:32 AM
It's looking like Team Cena will win... New stipulation. If Team Cena loses, they're fired. Kind of spells it out now.

gorast
11-19-2014, 12:34 AM
God, I hate when they do that. Of course they're not going to fire the entirety of Team Cena.

R.I.P. Authority.

Piko
11-19-2014, 12:50 AM
Real dumb move. Why not just come out and just tell us who's winning? This ppv is looking pretty weak. A monthly tradition for my friends to gather for the ppvs. I might skip this one...

thevoid99
11-19-2014, 12:57 AM
So if the Authority wins. Cena gets fired? Yet if Cena wins, the Authority disbands? There's no winners in this contest. We all lose. We know Cena will come back and blah, blah, blah. This is WWE's idea of creativity? A retarded monkey can write better shit than this.

Piko
11-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Well, there is the rumor that Stephanie is pregnant and wants to be written off. The buildup to the match already makes zero sense other than authority or no authority. With this, they make it way too predictable. Predictable enough to spoil the whole thing. Hopefully there's some type of swerve. But there's no way they're going to write off Cena and the others for however long, which probably wouldn't be long at all. Just more odds to overcome for Cena...

henryeatscereal
11-19-2014, 09:05 AM
The Authority angle only made sense when Daniel Bryan was around, since he was the underdog against the improbable odds, Cena is far from being an underdog so the angle has no credibility whatsoever...

Piko
11-19-2014, 09:18 AM
I wonder if they will ever learn that how unbelievable Cena is as an underdog. It's way beyond played out. Every match he has, he's the underdog and has to defy odds. What's left for him to really overcome?

Piko
11-19-2014, 01:43 PM
TNA signs with Destination America (subsidiary of The Discovery Channel). Not sure if I even have that channel...

onthewall2983
11-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Sounds familiar. Lots of shows about cars and fishing.

henryeatscereal
11-19-2014, 01:52 PM
TNA had an alarmingly low audience, now they are switching to even lower, still it's better than nothing, in a way i want them out of his "misery" in another i want them to keep up being the alternative in wrestling (for better or worse...)

perceptionnexus
11-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Haha, the Cena team stipulation is beyond laughable.

And so it's that time of the year in WWE when I ask myself weekly why I watch this bullshit kiddie fodder. Any rational-minded adult fan should feel insulted by this level of writing and presentation coming from the creative and corporate level, and Raw and Smackdown should both be on at 10 AM on Nick Jr on Mondays and Fridays. At least then it wouldn't feel as insulting to a person's intelligence. When I was 11 years old back around '93, I literally came up with better storylines with my friends at recess that could be potentially done.

I feel mostly for the wrestlers themselves. They've got this whole roster of insanely talented individuals in both the 'E and NXT, and their potential is just being completely squandered by holding them back. It's gotta be insanely frustrating to have a bunch of awesome ideas for your character and just KNOW that you could get in the ring and do some things that would make the audience go insane, and then be forced to follow a grade school script.

Piko
11-19-2014, 04:04 PM
I wonder how these guys sleep at night knowing they booked this garbage. They need new writers, and less of them. Way too many cooks in a kitchen makes a clusterfuck. They must know their booking is shit. Guessing it's along the lines of "fuck it. I'm getting paid. Enjoy more bunny anal raping Adam Rose!".

gorast
11-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Anyone watching iMPACT tonight?

#XChampCrownded

thevoid99
11-19-2014, 09:58 PM
I wonder how these guys sleep at night knowing they booked this garbage. They need new writers, and less of them. Way too many cooks in a kitchen makes a clusterfuck. They must know their booking is shit. Guessing it's along the lines of "fuck it. I'm getting paid. Enjoy more bunny anal raping Adam Rose!".

That's one the reasons why I stopped watching. It's getting to the point that it's getting dumbed down and every one is only doing it for a paycheck. Now there's rumors that Cena vs. Lesnar III will happen. What would happen if Vince decides to book Cena vs. Lesnar III at WrestleMania and weeks before the match, Lesnar walks out of the company because he refused to drop the belt to Cena?

Piko
11-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Lesnar might be leaving after mania, so he could drop it to Cena. I understand that Cena filled in for Bryan for summerslam and NOC. Cena was probably the original plan for rumble before Bryan went out for injury. Problem is, we got two matches already, and we only get to see Lesnar a few times a year. Kind of cheapens it when a part timer only comes back to face the same guy, over and over again. It should be Lesnar/Orton. Something new and someone legitimate. Either way, it's a pretty high probability that Lesnar is holding the belt until mania, whether he leaves or not.

But if he leaves and loses it at mania, that will kinda take away from the main event if we all know it's his last match.

gorast
11-19-2014, 11:55 PM
History repeats itself.

I still want Reigns to be the guy. I don't care that jaded Internet smarks are turning on him, he's entertaining to watch because he's fresh. And then, after he wins the title, D-Bry can come back and give that man the feud of a lifetime. Everybody wins.

thevoid99
11-20-2014, 12:33 AM
History repeats itself.

I still want Reigns to be the guy. I don't care that jaded Internet smarks are turning on him, he's entertaining to watch because he's fresh. And then, after he wins the title, D-Bry can come back and give that man the feud of a lifetime. Everybody wins.

No we don't. We have no clue if Bryan will come back due to how severe his injury is. I don't think Reigns is ready to face someone like Lesnar at all. He needs more time to establish himself. He needs to do more work on the mic and to broaden his skill set. Otherwise, he'd be a John Cena 2.0 only to get buried by Super Cena.

Piko
11-20-2014, 12:59 AM
I don't think he's ready either. Supposedly, he's been taking acting lessons while on break. I say give him another year to work things out, then push him to the top. That doesn't mean they shouldn't push him and so on. He just isn't ready to sell and main event a wrestlemania. Especially if he's going to beat Lesnar. Whoever beats Lesnar is going to have to hit the ground running. Even though he isn't mentioned or active, he still has a lot of momentum behind him. Plus, I think Heyman would obliterate Reigns on the mic. Reigns will win the rumble though. He shouldn't. But, he will.

Not sure who I would rather instead. I'd say Ambrose, but I put him in that same category as Reigns. I like him, but I can't see that happening yet for him. Too much too soon.

Reigns will be Diesel 2.0. And that's not a compliment.

gorast
11-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Well, alright then. Never mind.

henryeatscereal
11-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Not bashing Reigns "just because", but yes: he's far from being main event material.
Agreed that it's refreshing to see a new face and he's a more interesting choice than Orton or Cena by far, but he needs to work his character more and get more significant wins (Against Cena?), probably they'll give him the Rumble, after all he almost won last year...
Oh and pretty please, someone give him a new wardrobe, the "shield uniform" is annoying and keeps him from having a personality (In my opinion it only works for Rollins), look how a t shirt and some jeans helped Ambrose.

Piko
11-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Part of me thinks it's because he's related to the rock and has a look. I have nothing against the guy. But, he hasn't even been solo a year. I can see him a a top guy, and I have no problem with that. But, if all he can say is "believe dat", then yeah, he needs more time to work on his skills. But, like i said, he's been taking acting lessons. So maybe he'll be better by the time he returns.

Swykk
11-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Kevin Steen officially makes his NXT debut on December 11th.

Piko
11-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Just in time for the next event. Hell yeah!

onthewall2983
11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
No we don't. We have no clue if Bryan will come back due to how severe his injury is. I don't think Reigns is ready to face someone like Lesnar at all. He needs more time to establish himself. He needs to do more work on the mic and to broaden his skill set. Otherwise, he'd be a John Cena 2.0 only to get buried by Super Cena.

My concern for the extent for Bryan's injury is pretty serious. Not so much whether or not he'll be able to come back, but if he'll become another Dynamite Kid. Unlike Billington who was an asshole to pretty much everyone (and even that doesn't merit his physical condition being justified), Daniel both worked hard and made friends with mostly everybody from what I've gathered.

Piko
11-20-2014, 12:24 PM
He'll be back. It's more the uncertainty of when. They sort of know what the problem is, but not completely. It might be nerve damage in his arm, that can be repaired. But, they're not sure what the problem is exactly. They want to do a surgery, but they don't want to do an operation on something they're not 100 percent sure about. One day he needs surgery. Other day he doesn't. Eventually, they've got to figure it out.

henryeatscereal
11-20-2014, 12:33 PM
The sad thing about Bryan is that he indeed comes back he'll have to cut lots of moves from his arsenal specially the "Air Goat" (suicide dive) his elbow smash and his double flying dropkicks

thevoid99
11-20-2014, 01:29 PM
The sad thing about Bryan is that he indeed comes back he'll have to cut lots of moves from his arsenal specially the "Air Goat" (suicide dive) his elbow smash and his double flying dropkicks

That is true but he is talented enough to really do so much more which I think will be helpful. I also hope he can do some very serious submission holds. Even if he is going to have to face someone like Lesnar and be the one to make Lesnar tap out which would definitely be a shocker.

henryeatscereal
11-20-2014, 02:15 PM
That is true but he is talented enough to really do so much more which I think will be helpful. I also hope he can do some very serious submission holds. Even if he is going to have to face someone like Lesnar and be the one to make Lesnar tap out which would definitely be a shocker.
I just hope Lesnar doesn't leave before that happens, i have faith that Bryan can return in January but we'll have to wait and see

skullboy0
11-20-2014, 02:55 PM

Not to pile on Reigns but I think his injury seriously set back his ability to progress to where he needs to be to be a credible main-eventer.

The acting lessons could help, but I haven't seen any evidence of that in the interview segments he's done while he's out.

Piko
11-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Not to pile on Reigns but I think his injury seriously set back his ability to progress to where he needs to be to be a credible main-eventer.

The acting lessons could help, but I haven't seen any evidence of that in the interview segments he's done while he's out.

Not going to rule him out just yet. If he were out longer, then yeah. But he'll be back soon enough. So it really shouldn't have much effect on him. Aside from being "green", he's alright.

henryeatscereal
11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
*Smackdown spoilers on the link*

Uh... yeah i guess that makes the match "unpredictable" (http://rajah.com/node/44346) meh...

thevoid99
11-21-2014, 03:17 PM
*Smackdown spoilers on the link*

Uh... yeah i guess that makes the match "unpredictable" (http://rajah.com/node/44346) meh...

Yeah I heard about that. Once again, we the real fans lose. Let's just not bother watching Survivor Series. There's so many things we can do in the weekend. Why should we waste our time seeing Cena win again?

Piko
11-21-2014, 03:28 PM
My problem isn't so much that he's winning. It's the fact that they added that stupid stipulation and spoiled their own match for everyone. I have very minimal interest in watching it. Only way I see myself watching it is because it's on in the background while I'm at a friend's house.

onthewall2983
11-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Heavy buzz now that Sting will be at Survivor Series.

thevoid99
11-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Heavy buzz now that Sting will be at Survivor Series.

If that happens. The first thing I want him to do is to use the Scorpion Death Drop on Cena and then point his bat at Triple H making the game piss his pants.

Piko
11-21-2014, 10:54 PM
They're not smart enough to use him on the ppv. If he does show up, It'll be Monday night.

onthewall2983
11-21-2014, 11:11 PM
I think they would because of the Network. They've been pimping it out this month like crazy so to have something like that happen at their big show of the month makes sense.

Piko
11-21-2014, 11:52 PM
Yeah. You're absolutely right. But, we're talking about wwe creative. If there's two ways to shoot themselves in the foot, they will find four. They want to sell the network. Free month with a potentially awful ppv which I'm sure will just reel in new members on it's own merit.

henryeatscereal
11-22-2014, 12:19 AM
I heard they want to induct The Stinger to next year's Hall of Fame, so it's very possible, i hope so, would mark the fuck out if he shows up

Piko
11-22-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm sure he's going to show up at some point. It would be smart if he shows up sunday. But, for something big like that, it's a wrestlemania kind of thing.

thevoid99
11-22-2014, 04:23 PM
I think it's bullshit. WWE will do anything to get people watching. You know what? Fuck them and fuck their bullshit! I think I would like to see the company go down the drain to the point that all of those people Vince put of business can now laugh at him for destroying everything his father and grandfather built.

gorast
11-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Jesus, you guys seem even more jaded than usual.

Is anyone here even excited for the PPV in the least bit? Anyone at all? Because I am. There'll be some good moments on this show no matter what, and even if they don't outweigh the bullshit, then whatever. If Sting shows up, awesome. If someone makes a return, awesome.

If none of that happens? Fine. We'll get a couple good matches out of this regardless. It's free, anyway.

Piko
11-23-2014, 03:35 PM
I'll watch it. Not expecting much from it though. Wyatt and Ambrose may be good. The rest, not so much. It's obvious that Cena will overcome the odds again. That dumb stipulation made that pretty clear. I'm hoping to be proven wrong. I'm more curious to see what Sting does if he appears. WWE really dropped the ball when building this ppv. It's free and it seems like they accept it and don't care.

Not trying to sound all nihilistic. But what is there to really look forward to? Cena winning another match in an unrealistic fashion. A rushed divas tag match that was just thrown together at last minute. A divas title match. Tag match to start the show, which could have some cool moment.

Nothing about this ppv really has me excited. If it weren't for the Sting rumor, I probably would've skipped it.

perceptionnexus
11-23-2014, 04:18 PM
I'll be watching it. Mostly I just like this Sunday night tradition I get once per month to chill on the sofa, have a couple jack and cokes, and watch a couple decent wrestling matches. Not expecting too much from it though, and it'll probably give me a ton to bitch about on here tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Piko
11-23-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm heading to a friend's to watch it. Monthly tradition. Plus, we can all mark out when/if Sting appears. Beer is usually invovled. So that makes it a little better.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 06:27 PM
I ain't going to watch it. I don't want to be bamboozled all over again.

RJK
11-23-2014, 07:17 PM
20 minute talk segment to open Survivor Series.... Fantastic. :l

Piko
11-23-2014, 07:21 PM

Sunday Night Raw!

RJK
11-23-2014, 07:40 PM
That was a great finish to the tag match. Stoked for Sandow.

Space Suicide
11-23-2014, 07:47 PM

Good, I got home from work/getting food at like 20 after so I didn't miss anything. :p

Sunday Night Raw!

LOL well, they need to dumb down the show some since everyone is watching this PPV for free.

RJK
11-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Fucking disqualifications on a PPV. So dumb.

Space Suicide
11-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Fucking disqualifications on a PPV. So dumb.

LOL, yeah I'm sick of it but it was so satisfying watching Bray Wyatt get thrown under hundreds of lbs of shit by Ambrose.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 08:36 PM
I heard the Divas match was a fucking disaster. Was it worse than last year? I did hear about the fact that it broke records for bathroom breaks.

RJK
11-23-2014, 08:54 PM
I heard the Divas match was a fucking disaster. Was it worse than last year? I did hear about the fact that it broke records for bathroom breaks.

So the Divas elimination match gets like 15 (horrible) minutes and AJ gets 10 seconds. Ugh.

Piko
11-23-2014, 08:58 PM
So the Divas elimination match gets like 15 (horrible) minutes and AJ gets 10 seconds. Ugh.

Maybe AJ really is leaving... Then again, they've been pushing Brie for awhile. She had a match with a McMahon.

Space Suicide
11-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Survivor Series is my favorite PPV but this is by far one of the worst ones I've ever watched.

I knew they'd make this main event over an hour long, I just hope it doesn't drag.

The last classic survivor series match I was truly glued to was the Winner Takes All Match in 2001 with Team WWF vs Team Alliance. Though the match in 2003 between Team Stone Cold and Team Bischoff was a great one too with so much on the line.

I know this "has a lot on the line" but it honestly doesn't feel like it'll be any cornerstone or turning point within the company one way or the other....meh.

P.S. Fuck, Nickelback.

Piko
11-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Survivor Series is my favorite PPV but this is by far one of the worst ones I've ever watched.

I knew they'd make this main event over an hour long, I just hope it doesn't drag.

The last classic survivor series match I was truly glued to was the Winner Takes All Match in 2001 with Team WWF vs Team Alliance. Though the match in 2003 between Team Stone Cold and Team Bischoff was a great one too with so much on the line.

I know this "has a lot on the line" but it honestly doesn't feel like it'll be any cornerstone or turning point within the company one way or the other....meh.

P.S. Fuck, Nickelback.

Survivor Series has been shit the these past few years.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 09:03 PM
so the divas elimination match gets like 15 (horrible) minutes and aj gets 10 seconds. Ugh.

fuck this company!!!!

RJK
11-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Technically Rollins tagged Mark Henry, so that pin shouldn't have counted.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Technically Rollins tagged Mark Henry, so that pin shouldn't have counted.

Has there been any walkouts as of late from fans?

RJK
11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Cena has been eliminated! I repeat CENA HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!!

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Cena has been eliminated! I repeat CENA HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!!

Who did the elimination?

RJK
11-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Who did the elimination?

Big Show knocked him out and Rollins pinned him.

Piko
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
I can't believe Ziggler is the last man. Never would I ever have pictured him out lasting Cena.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Big Show knocked him out and Rollins pinned him.

Thank you Big Show. I hope everyone turns on Cena and destroy him. It's time to get rid of Cenation once and for all.

RJK
11-23-2014, 09:51 PM
I am marking out!

Space Suicide
11-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Excellent debut for Sting.

Great win for Ziggler as well.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Is it really Sting? What the fuck? Does anyone have a screencap?

Piko
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Amazing debut. Nice ending with Sting. Liking the ring attire. Ziggler stole the show imo. At least until Sting came out.

RJK
11-23-2014, 09:57 PM
I can't believe they put Ziggler over so much. I expected that ending (1 good guy vs multiple bad guys) but I figured it would be Cena not Ziggler with the comeback.

And yes the Stinger is in the fucking house!!!

Edit: I guess Steph isn't pregnant since she took a bump.

henryeatscereal
11-23-2014, 10:06 PM
*creamed pants*

onthewall2983
11-23-2014, 10:06 PM

It's definitely Steve Borden. It was full face-paint but I can recognize his face under it.

RJK
11-23-2014, 10:09 PM

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/536728816006471680?s=09

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 10:13 PM
I saw some of the clips and.... OMMFG!!! I'm crying now. I'm in absolute disbelief. The Icon is here. Oh, he killed Triple H. Killed the guy and saved the show from utter disaster.

Tums206_BFY
11-23-2014, 10:16 PM
The Icon Sting in WWE!!!! Can't believe it!!!! So awesome!

RJK
11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
The only good parts of the show were the Tag title match and the end of the Main Event. The rest was forgettable.

Space Suicide
11-23-2014, 10:21 PM
The only good parts of the show were the Tag title match and the end of the Main Event. The rest was forgettable.

I agree 100%.

I wonder what RAW brings tomorrow.

RJK
11-23-2014, 10:27 PM
I hope they don't make Sting the authority figure. Bad News Barrett would be great in that role.

thevoid99
11-23-2014, 10:28 PM
I agree 100%.

I wonder what RAW brings tomorrow.

I'm going to watch RAW only for Sting. That is all. I don't care about anything else.

Piko
11-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Main event was good. I called some of the main event. I guessed that it would be 3-1. Didn't know how. I assumed it'd be Cena though. Way off! A happy surprise. I really wonder what will happen with Sting and Trips. I'd watch that.

gorast
11-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Great show.

There were some duds, for sure. I appreciated the callback to Daniel Bryan's WrestleMania loss, but that match was fucking awful and it was just as much of a disservice this time. I wonder how Daniel felt, watching that one at home.

Shocked that they remembered that Slater Gator was a thing that was unceremoniously dropped for two months. That match was horrible, mostly because The Bunny is offensive and Titus can't wrestle, but I'm glad continuity isn't dead. Sort of.

Tag team match was contested under predictably stupid rules, but ended up being great anyway. Mizdow getting the hot tag and the pin was a great, great moment, and even better when Miz took both titles. Great heel work there - I really, really hate Miz, and I can't wait for Mizdow to break away from him. Give them a match at Mania, I don't give a fuck. Slow burn and all that. Not a fan of Stardust's new face paint, though - would've preferred just the star to be red, and the ears and lips stay black, but whatever.

Divas tag match was too long, sure, but what do you expect? There were good spots, and there were bad ones (primarily related to the general existence of Cameron and Summer Rae). I particularly enjoyed Emma being put over as much as she was. Made me feel good, she deserves it.

Ambrose/Wyatt ending in DQ was frustrating, but it was also very satisfying to see Ambrose unload on that motherfucker. I really thought he was gonna suicide dive off the ladder, until I realized he was basically plugging their TLC match. 9.99!

Main event was fantastic. Mark Henry's fat ass getting knocked the fuck out was a legendary moment. My whole apartment exploded when it happened, even though they took a little too long to get him out of the ring. Glad Rusev suicided himself through the announce table, and I'm surprised how he took it - he didn't flinch or anything, just committed fully to the belly flop. Awesome. Ryback getting eliminated so early sucked, but it's clear that they're not done rebuilding him, and he looked strong the whole time. Rowan v. Harper wasn't long enough, but I appreciated the repeated teases of it up until it happened.

Did anyone notice the lump on Kane's lower back? Hope he's okay.

And, of course, the entire last fifteen minutes of that match were fantastic. After two straight garbage PPVs, this one really dragged me back in. Cena getting taken out and Dolph Fucking Ziggler being the main man was a great moment, and I'm glad Cena came back out to congratulate him. Steph sold that loss like a pro - I almost felt bad for her and good ol' Haitch.

Oh, and Sting. Transcendent moment. Even my roommates, who have all only watched wrestling since August, freaked out over it. Fantastic.

Hopefully TLC will keep the momentum up until we plow straight into WrestleMania season. Gonna be a great ride.

perceptionnexus
11-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Ambrose and Wyatt put on a damn solid match that I found myself pretty engrossed in, it was cool to see deaner come out on top compared to last month, and I thought the main event was gold from start to finish. It was pretty well booked, had some card-stacking, some back-stabbing, some humor, never lost momentum, and of course Sting's arrival goes without saying. What do you guys think they should do with him? I'm thinking it'd be cool if he just showed up randomly like back in 96 and fucked with shit, not really knowing his full intentions until a couple months down the road, and then really began a solid feud with whoever he's going to face at WM, which I can only assume is the plan is for him.

The rest was not really ppv-caliber material. Adam Rose I think could be cool if he got a whole new persona and character. He's got something about him that just makes me think he should be meaner, darker and mysterious.

gorast
11-23-2014, 11:22 PM
I think Sting is going to disappear for a while, and then return to build to WM with HHH. It's the only way. One match, then he retires. That's how it should be.

He should be like Taker - he only shows up after the Rumble, and he doesn't show up weekly. They need to treat him like the legend he is, regardless of his baffling dedication to TNA and the fact that he can't actually wrestle all that well.

spiralout
11-24-2014, 04:53 AM
Just finished the PPV. The undercard felt mostly like an episode of Raw.

That Divas elimination match was brutal....sucks that Paige was a breath of fresh air for the Divas Division and now she is going to just be another Total Diva. Also AJ pretty much getting squashed, well fuck.

Ambrose Wyatt had its moments. I too was hoping for a dive off of the ladder at the end. Good setup for a TLC match I guess though.

I thought the main even was really good actually. Henry getting eliminated the way he did was pretty funny, Big Show turning on Cena was great, I got my wish with Ziggler being the last man standing....seeing him and Rollins as the last two men was really awesome. WWE needs to trust the young guys that can actually deliver.

Lastly Sting.....holy shit I got chills once he appeared. Him taking out HHH after the long staredown was amazing. Raw should be interesting.