PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Swykk
08-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Kevin Steen has arrived! So happy for him and hope he's not wasted. A really good dude AND wrestler.

RJK
08-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Kevin Steen has arrived! So happy for him and hope he's not wasted. A really good dude AND wrestler.

NXT is already the best WWE TV show and Steen being added is going to make it even better! Steen vs Zayn asap please!

Piko
08-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't think we'll see Steen on there for awhile. He still has indie dates to wrap up, I think. And they have to "train" him. And who knows how long that takes? Hopefully sooner than later though.

Swykk
08-12-2014, 07:58 PM
He's done with Indy dates. Starts the 25th...not sure how long before he's on the show.

RJK
08-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I've got to think with how much they've hyped the signings of Kenta, Devitt and Steen that they'll want to get them on NXT TV sooner than later. Hopefully it'll be before the year's end.

There was talk of Kenta and Devitt being used at the last NXT taping but they held off. So maybe at Takeover 2 we get the new guys.

Piko
08-12-2014, 10:13 PM
October wouldn't surprise me. For Kenta at least. I'm sure Steen will show up before the new year as well.

thevoid99
08-12-2014, 10:36 PM
You know something, I have an idea of what should happen when Daniel Bryan makes his return. Having just seen his marriage be destroyed by a lie and pretty much losing everything and realizing what Triple H and Stephanie has done. Bryan suddenly decides to go into a rampage. First, he makes an unexpected return just as Triple H announces that since there are no more challengers for the WWE champion Brock Lesnar. Bryan comes in and punches Triple H and then decides to hit Brock Lesnar where an all-out brawl ensues as Bryan not only attacks Lesnar but makes him bleed. All hell breaks loose as Triple H gets into Bryan's face and Bryan starts beating the shit out of him as security and everyone had to drag him out. That doesn't work as Bryan just decides to beat up whoever stands in his way forcing the police to come in as he gets arrested. Then Bryan suddenly kicks the back window of the police car while being handcuffed as he beats Triple H with just his feet and head as he would even bite the son of a bitch

That is just Pt. 1 Stay tuned for Pt. 2

henryeatscereal
08-13-2014, 03:58 PM
^A Heel Bryan (but doing "face stuff" like punching Steph) would be awesome, actually everything that you list could be done either by a face or heel Bryan

Space Suicide
08-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Too farfetched to buy it but hey, good fanfiction. You should write more.

thevoid99
08-13-2014, 08:42 PM
OK, here is part 2. I should note this all begins around late 2014/early 2015 just before the Royal Rumble and Bryan is a face who is doing some heel tactics.

The week after Bryan caused mayhem in his return where he actually made a lot of enemies. Triple H announced that he's banned Daniel Bryan from the arena and has filed a restraining order on Bryan to not enter the arena. He decides to hold a tournament for the new #1 contender to face Brock Lesnar (Randy Orton will win the tournament) at the Royal Rumble. Then Triple H and Stephanie get a call that their house got robbed.

Week 3: Triple H and Stephanie are upset that their home was invaded and their children were terrified. They revealed that a lot of things were stolen and they're trying to deal with authorities in finding the thief. Later that night, a video is revealed where Stephanie is talking with Megan about creating the lie that destroyed Bryan's marriage to Brie as it got leaked. Things go wrong as Triple H and Stephanie got a call revealed that the thief is in custody as he already turned himself but with everything stolen (but the leaked video) destroyed as it is revealed to be Daniel Bryan who laughs maniacally about what he did.

Week 4: Vince McMahon makes his return to tell Triple H and Stephanie to drop the charges against Bryan because of what Stephanie did to Brie and Bryan's marriage. He also announced that Bryan will be at the Royal Rumble match at #1 as he made a deal since Bryan made a full confession and turned himself in as he ended up surprising Vince and gained his respect. Triple H and Stephanie are upset as Vince told Stephanie that she will have a match with Brie at the Royal Rumble but inside a steel cage. Vince said "You're my daughter and I love you but.... you brought this on yourself." Meanwhile, Bryan is given an exclusive interview at his home as he reveals what he went through for the year as he had lost his father. He was forced to relinquish his title and his marriage got destroyed. He admitted that he was in his own hell until he saw Megan's ex-boyfriend and told him that Megan created the lie under Stephanie's orders. For Bryan, that gave him fuel to make his return and he said that Triple H and Stephanie will go to hell and anyone who gets in his way at the Royal Rumble will be sorry for the day they came across Bryan.

Week 5: Go-home show before the Royal Rumble. Triple H and Stephanie get ready for the Royal Rumble as Triple H decided to give the roster a chance to collect a $500k bounty on Bryan to eliminate him at the Royal Rumble. In a homage to Stone Cold Stunner Night of 1998, Bryan makes his return as he just beats up random superstars. First, he attacks Seth Rollins. Gives him the running knee and then does Rollins' own finishing move on him. Then he attacks the Miz and puts a running knee on his moneymaker and uses Miz's finishing move. Then grabs the Miz's sunglasses and mocks him until he takes them off and breaks it. Bo Dallas later has a match as Bryan attacks him and mocks his stupid lap around the ring and said "Bolieve that!"

Triple H becomes incensed over what Bryan does as he asks Rusev to do something in case Bryan will attack again. After a match from Rusev, Bryan attacks and manages to beat the living shit out of him by making tap out the Yes Lock and then slams his head on a steel chair. Grab the Russian flag and blow his nose on the fucking thing. Triple H decides to raise the bounty to a million dollars as he sends Kane to go back to the mask to find Bryan and destroy him. At the end of the night, Triple H is calling out Bryan as Bryan does arrive but wearing Kane's mask. Bryan tells Triple H to look into the Titantron as Kane is seen lying down on a pool of his own blood as Bryan says "now, I'm the monster you have to deal with Hunter. Oh, and make it $2 million on my head". Show ends.

End of Pt. 2

I used to write screenplays but I'm suffering from writer's block at the moment as it comes to my own scripts. These are just ideas I have about the booking of what Bryan should do upon his return.

Swykk
08-13-2014, 11:12 PM
They'd never bury Russev like that. I'm not a huge fan but they wouldn't.

thevoid99
08-14-2014, 12:36 AM
They'd never bury Russev like that. I'm not a huge fan but they wouldn't.

Well, my idea is that Rusev would continue his dominance until Bryan makes his return and beats the holy shit out of him proving that Rusev, like Brock Lesnar, isn't invincible.

After the Royal Rumble (which Bryan will win as he would set a new record for longest time in the Rumble match since he drew #1), Bryan's first post-Royal Rumble match will be with Rusev and he would defeat him. Especially as Brie finally comes back to Bryan and beats up Lana to make things easier.

Bryan would finally get Brie back during her cage match at the Rumble against Stephanie (who would dominate thanks to the help of some Divas) where he would slip Brie a small baton through the cage and Brie would use it and win the match. After that, Bryan enters the cage with a mic as he makes a big threat to Triple H about what he will do to Steph saying "I'll break her fucking arm" (destroying the PG illusion) as he states that after he wins the Rumble. He wants to meet Triple H at Elimination Chamber once and for all. Triple H agrees as Bryan then says, "oh, make that bounty $5 million" as he snaps Stephanie's arm since he knows that he couldn't trust Triple H.

elevenism
08-14-2014, 01:01 AM
This is a GREAT documentary about wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvJxhrwqpSw

you can actually watch the whole thing on youtube. You guys should check it out...it's all about how wrestlers start in high school gyms and places like that, and that's where they mostly end up.
This point is illustrated when Kamala, managed by Paul Bearer, wrestles in an independent show in front of about 100 people for less that $200 (if i remember it right.)

Looking this up, i found out that Paul Bearer died last year at the age of 58. Rest in peace.

thevoid99
08-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Part 3:

A week after beating Rusev in a match and then later infuriating the Authority by attacking Randy Orton (who had lost his match to Brock Lesnar) and put him out of action for a year. Daniel Bryan starts off RAW in a CM Punk-like worked shoot as he talks about his recent actions as he said it all goes back to Triple H and Stephanie screwing him and trying to make his life hell. He says that Brie isn't here as she is home as the two are in the process of working things out. He talks about a lot of the bullshit that had been going on in the WWE for the past year such as CM Punk's departure, Alberto del Rio's departure, and some of the bullshit backstage. Triple H gets upset as he comes down to the ring as he wants Bryan to stop airing dirty laundry. Bryan then asks for a match against Triple H at Elimination Chamber inside the Chamber where anything goes but in an "I Quit" match. Bryan will put his title opportunity on the line in the match as he wants Triple H to put his job on the line. Triple H becomes furious and refuses as Vince's music comes in as he is holding a mic and a sandwich on his hands. Vince states that he had been absolutely wrong about Bryan as he tells Bryan "by the way, you're right about these tofu burgers." Vince decides to make the match happen but instead of Triple H's job on the line. He decides that if Triple H loses the "I Quit" match, Triple H will be forced to step down as COO as Vince will give the job to... Shane McMahon. Triple H gets pissed as Bryan later has a match with Boo-Tista who will be part of the Elimination Chamber with Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, and Dean Amborse.

Bryan beats up Boo-Tista easily as he is later attacked by Triple H only for Bryan to get the upper hand and do a Pedigree on Triple H and mocks him with the "Suck It" sign.

onthewall2983
08-15-2014, 09:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwQefFxFVY

OH THE MEMORIES.

thevoid99
08-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Oh, I saw that earlier. Took me back. Loved that bit in the end. WWE needs to do a retro thing every once in a while.

Part 4:

After the humiliating beating Triple H got from Bryan on the last week on RAW. Triple H decides to book a gauntlet match on Bryan in the hopes of softening him up and anyone who beats Bryan in the gauntlet match will receive a free one-year subscription to the WWE Network. The gauntlet match begins at the start of the third hour where Bryan faces... Rusev, Bo Dallas, Fandango, the Miz, Crybotch, Curtis Axel and other low-to-mid carders which Bryan ends up beating them easily due to the no-holds-barred stipulation that Triple H puts in. Triple H gets angrier as he calls Boo-tista to get in the ring and beat up Bryan. Boo-tista says "no way, I'm not going to do it. I have the Elimination Chamber match to focus on. I'm not going to fight Bryan. He's your problem. Not mine. You deal with him. Oh, Bryan. Thanks for buying the new Blu-Ray to Guardians of the Galaxy!" Bryan replies, "you're welcome". Bryan lays on the corner of the ring feeling pretty good as he mocks Triple H "Aw, did Twiple H not get what he wants? He upset that goat-boy has managed to outsmart him again and again. Hey Hunter, stop your bitching and get in the ring. Better yet, why don't you send your bitch-wife to the ring." Triple H gets upset as Stephanie (w/ a sling on her left arm) walks by as she is very furious. She gets into Bryan's face and slaps him. Bryan says "you hit like a schoolgirl". Stephanie kicks him in the balls only to fall down as Bryan wore a cup as he rubbed it on Stephanie's face as Triple H then attacks Bryan. The two go at it where Bryan is down as Triple H is standing on top of him until Brie runs into the ring and kicks Triple H in the nuts. Brie and Bryan hug and kiss where they do the DX signs and mock Triple H and Stephanie.

Week 5 (Go-home show before Elimination Chamber):

The music of the Authority hits to begin the show as Triple H arrives to the ring but... it is Daniel Bryan with a big fake nose, a fake wig, and a fake upper body mocking Triple H as he makes fun of the Game in every way. Stephanie's music hits as it's Brie pretending to be Stephanie with an even bigger upper body and a fake wig as she acts like Stephanie (circa the Attitude/Invasion era). The real Authority shows up very angry as they're sick and tired of being humiliated by Bryan and Brie who plays shadow on them. Stephanie screams as she says "that is it. I'm challenging both of you to a mixed-tag match tonight with my husband as my partner and I hope the two of you will realize that you don't mess with the Authority" as she slams the mic down feeling very upset. Daniel says, "I guess it's her time of the month." Triple H starts to lose it as he is held back by security.

Later on, the mixed-tag match becomes the main event as it surprisingly becomes a good one where Brie and Bryan seem to win the match until an interference by a NXT diva on Brie costs them the match as Stephanie pins Brie and Triple H grabs his sledgehammer to attack Bryan as the Authority stand tall.

The Elimination Chamber

Bryan admits that getting hit with a sledgehammer hurt and he was glad that it happened as he was trying to push Triple H into becoming the cerebral assassin but he also talks about Brock Lesnar as he calls him a phony. A guy who never really beat the champion which Bryan was until his injury. He knows how good and how big Brock is but he also knows that Brock is nothing more than an overrated beast who never really fought the best. Paul Heyman hears what Bryan says as the two trade insults.

After Brock wins the Elimination Chamber to retain the title. Bryan's music hits as he walks towards Lesnar where the two brawled as Bryan hits him with the running knee to the head as Brock is forced to be held back forcing Bryan's match with Triple H to start. The two men would have a bloody battle inside the chamber cage as it takes a toll on both of them. Brock starts to return demanding the door to be open as he is about to attack Bryan but Bryan sidesteps him and ends up hitting Triple H. Bryan would kick Lesnar as the two suddenly fought it out as Triple H would grab his sledgehammer until Brock starts attack Triple H. Bryan grabs the sledgehammer and hits Brock in the gut and then in the head knocking him out as he would do the same to Triple H and puts him in the Yes lock where Triple H says "I quit". Bryan walks out victorious leaving both Brock and Triple H lying down in a pool of their own blood.

Piko
08-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Whatever Mean Gene takes to slow down aging, I'll take it. Still as sharp as ever. I mark out every time I see the guy.

henryeatscereal
08-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Oddly my favorite Mean Gene moment wasn't in the WWE... (00:54)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T22U5D5Y3Pw

thevoid99
08-15-2014, 11:15 PM
That is an underrated movie. I love Mean Gene. I'm surprised at how good he and Jimmy Hart look. I love the Sean Mooney reference.

Maul
08-16-2014, 04:21 AM
I'm getting the feeling,Seth Rollins is going to take win against Ambrose this Sunday.I'm glad,since he's one of my favorite WWE wrestlers right now.But I've got the feeling Ambrose will start jobbing after Summerslam or Night of Champions. I hope I'm wrong,since both are amazing athletes and both deserve the chance to deliver great combats.
Do we know something about the future of TNA? D:

onthewall2983
08-16-2014, 10:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMg3Na1Rl80&feature=youtu.be

Piko
08-16-2014, 11:20 AM
They would be completely ignorant to push Ambrose down, considering how over he is right now. Rollins will probably get a cheap win, and we'll get another match next month between the two. But considering WWE creative ideas, if they get over naturally with the fans, turn him heel.

RJK
08-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Ambrose is staring in a new WWE films movie so that should bode well for him.

Piko
08-16-2014, 12:00 PM
So does Kane and others. How has that worked out for them?

Maul
08-16-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm predicting the results looking at Cesaro.Watching him losing now week after week after week,makes me real sad.

By the way,if things don't go wrong, I'll be attending the Spanish WWE House Show this November in Madrid.Can't wait! It's one of my long time dreams. (No kidding).

RJK
08-16-2014, 12:26 PM
So does Kane and others. How has that worked out for them?

On tv every week? In the main storylines? Kane is.

Piko
08-16-2014, 12:56 PM
On tv every week? In the main storylines? Kane is.

If you consider putting over Reigns, then yeah, sure. As for Cesaro, it's just obvious that they have nothing creative to do with him. Sometimes having a guy job out like that can lead to big things. Most of the time, it's not. All they need to do is actually book him right. He doesn't need a cheesy gimmick. They just need to let him work and run wild. A face turn would help.

henryeatscereal
08-16-2014, 10:20 PM
New WWE logo confirmed by McMahon and his new flag (http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/8/15/6009665/pic-wwe-logo-change-official-vince-mcmahon-flag)

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2327162/BvHUfcEIgAAUd5w_medium.jpg

thevoid99
08-16-2014, 10:45 PM
$9.99!!! Is that how much the flag cost?

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 12:10 PM
I hate the new logo and for new news, gamer nerds:

http://static.trueachievements.com/customimages/033333.jpg

http://static.trueachievements.com/customimages/033335.jpg

http://static.trueachievements.com/customimages/033336.jpg

The WWE 2K15 roster includes:

AJ Lee
Alberto Del Rio
Bad News Barrett
Batista
Big E
Big Show
Booker T
Bray Wyatt
Brie Bella
Brock Lesnar
Cameron
Cesaro
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Curtis Axel
Damien Sandow
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Fandango
Goldust
Hulk Hogan
Jack Swagger
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
John Cena
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Luke Harper
Mark Henry
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam
Roman Reigns
Ryback
Santino Marella
Seth Rollins
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Sting
Summer Rae
Tamina
The Miz
The Rock
The Undertaker
Titus O'Neil
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
Xavier Woods

I SWEAR to God if they game's graphics look like this I will buy this shit the very first day. It's about fucking time they made the models look like their counterparts. They only ever really had success with John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold and Undertaker. The other wrestlers BARELY looked like their real life counterparts.

Here's to hoping! I'm excited.

Piko
08-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Can't wait to see what sting looks like. Pretty impressed though.

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Can't wait to see what sting looks like. Pretty impressed though.

I hope the graphics rule outside of cutscenes.

Anyone having streaming issues and hiccups regarding SummerSlam?

theburningreptile
08-17-2014, 07:40 PM
I hope the graphics rule outside of cutscenes.

Anyone having streaming issues and hiccups regarding SummerSlam? Me too. Yeah a lot of them, especially on the ps3

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Me too. Yeah a lot of them, especially on the ps3

I was using my Xbox One. I didn't want to but I had to switch to my desktop. I HATE watching videos on the computer.

onthewall2983
08-17-2014, 08:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvSE-MFCUAARijA.jpg

...I think I might watch this now...

Piko
08-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Gotta say. This show's been awesome. Lots of surprises.

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Gotta say. This show's been awesome. Lots of surprises.

Divas' Match was weak, the rest has been exceptional. I must say this has an amazing card for once. First time in a LONG time.

I'm counting down till Cena's embarrassment.

Piko
08-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah, the Cena match has me worried. Thought the lumberjack match was going to suck. I was wrong. I've been wrong about everything, tonight.

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah, the Cena match has me worried. Thought the lumberjack match was going to suck. I was wrong. I've been wrong about everything, tonight.

As much as I want Cena to lose (and I'm thinking so due to Brock's contract stipulation to win title once in his tenure), if Brock tears him limb from limb and makes him a bloody pulp yet still loses...I'll take it. :p

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm so over this finger pointing "Yes!" stuff. I liked it when it was ironic in 2012 along with "No!" but now it's played out. I wish it'd die out.

LOL Stephanie won due to a betrayal.

thevoid99
08-17-2014, 09:04 PM
So far, this has been pretty fucking good. The Rusev-Swagger match was OK but the Ambrose-Rollins lumberjack match was fucking awesome. I also liked the IC title and Diva's Championship match which were excellent. The Brie-Steph match was better than I expected as Stephanie still got it. I knew Nikki was going to turn. The RVD/Cesaro match was all right as I'm enjoying myself.

Swykk
08-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Oh WWE, your definition of "shocking betrayal" differs from mine and probably most of the fans as well who aren't children...EVERYONE KNEW NIKKI WOULD TURN ON BRIE.
What might be shocking to you is that NO ONE CARED ABOUT THIS "MATCH."

thevoid99
08-17-2014, 09:22 PM
I forgot about the Jericho-Wyatt match which was pretty good but damn, the Reigns-Orton match was better than I thought. Now it's time for Lesnar to destroy Cena.

Piko
08-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Everyone knew Nikki was going to turn. I just wanted them to make it matter. Logic isn't WWE ' strong suit when it comes to storylines. It was done well enough to be interested in where they go with it. Liked the divas match. Weakest match of the night is Swagger/Rusev, and that match was decent.

thevoid99
08-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Lesnar is destroying Cena but Cena just made a comeback but I hope Lesnar makes Cena tap out.

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 09:45 PM
In every match he does, Lesnar is sweating to death.

RJK
08-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Great show but that was a boring main event.

thevoid99
08-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Great show but that was a boring main event.

Yeah as I was hoping for some blood on Lesnar and have Cena actually give up.

Piko
08-17-2014, 09:55 PM
I loved the main event. Lesnar's said he's going to destroy Cena. He did what he said. 16 Germany suplexes is insane. The fact that Lesnar did it 16 times, and Cena TOOK 16. That makes it what it should be. Not many will get it.

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Yeah as I was hoping for some blood on Lesnar and have Cena actually give up.

The 2012 Extreme Rules matchup was better, which Lesnar should have won then.

I enjoyed Cena getting NO offense and being destroyed for 15 minutes though, even though it was slow and tediously boring for a majority of it.

Hate to say it, but lesnar made Kurt Angle's German suplex triple action look juvenile in comparison.

thevoid99
08-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Was anyone else annoyed by that little kid who kept screaming "let's go Cena" throughout that match? I wonder what will happen to him now. I wanna lick his tears.

onthewall2983
08-17-2014, 10:11 PM
He'll be pouty and then move onto something else.

Space Suicide
08-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Was anyone else annoyed by that little kid who kept screaming "let's go Cena" throughout that match? I wonder what will happen to him now. I wanna lick his tears.

No idea and what I thought about this: They can't do another Rock championship holding scenario. We're gonna need a champion there often on TV and at every PPV in title defense matches. I'm wagering that Lesnar drops the belt to someone at WM31.

thevoid99
08-17-2014, 10:19 PM
No idea and what I thought about this: They can't do another Rock championship holding scenario. We're gonna need a champion there often on TV and at every PPV in title defense matches. I'm wagering that Lesnar drops the belt to someone at WM31.

I hope that person will be Daniel Bryan who deserves it more than anyone.

Kid Charlemagne
08-17-2014, 10:49 PM
This might be my favorite PPV of the year. More so than WM XXX. Dolph winning was a surprise and a great way to start the show. Everything flowed well. Steph looked great and wrestled circles around Brie Bella. Reigns and Orton was way better than it should've been. The main event was fine. I absolutely loved seeing Cena getting the shit beaten out of him. God damn though, the lumberjack match may have been one of the most fun matches I've seen. No order was restored, constant fighting, funny set ups and the ending leading to another match between them. Rollins and Ambrose are shit hot right now and they know it. During one of the best Summer Slam's in recent years, this was by far, the best.

Big Fat Matt
08-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Dolph v Miz : 8/10 Awesome match, lots of enthusiasm on both ends.

Paige v AJ Lee : 7/10* technically sound match, and works to build the storyline. If my crotch was rating this match, it would be a 69/10

Russev v Swagger : 6/10 I dunno, it seemed boring. Im sick of the promo patriotism 1980s crap being a stipulation. Just wrestle

Ambrose v Rollins : 6/10 They fucked up the finish big time. Ambrose needed to win this match to strengthen the fued.

SMH v Brie : 6/10 Kinda sloppy match, but the turn by Nikki was amazing. Also Steph has aged like a fine wine.

Orton v Rollins : 9/10 Exciting match, top to bottom.

Cena v Lesnar : 4/10 DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. Yes, the match was exactly as it should have been, but it was NOT entertaining. Sorry.

Overall: 8/10 Solid PPV. WWE network was fucking me a bit on shitty picture and low quality sound, but I'm sure I'll get a month or two free if i bitch enough about it.

Space Suicide
08-18-2014, 01:02 AM
WWE network was fucking me a bit on shitty picture and low quality sound, but I'm sure I'll get a month or two free if i bitch enough about it.

I had the same issue but it fixed itself when they stabilized the feed. I'm sure they didn't expect the viewer numbers so they weren't prepared for even bandwidth.

thevoid99
08-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Let's see for each match on a 1-10 scale.

RVD vs. Cesaro-7. It was a pretty good opener though I don't like seeing Cesaro getting buried.

Dolph Ziggler vs. the Miz-8. This blew me away in terms of action and sequences as I was more surprised that Ziggler won.

Paige vs. AJ-8. This was amazing as I loved some of the spots the two did including AJ flying on the top rope to go after Paige. Especially the way Paige won as it was a total surprise. I wanna see more from those 2.

Rusev vs. Swagger-5. I was disappointed by the fact that it was a regular match. There were some good moments but it was just sub-standard as a way to make Rusev dominant as usual. Lana looked great though.

Ambrose vs. Rollins-9. Man, that was the best match of the night considering all of the chaos that happened. I wasn't happy about the Lumberjack rules at first but man, Rollins and Ambrose are just fun to watch.

Stephanie vs. Brie-7. It was actually entertaining. Steph was amazing and still got it. Brie had some good moments as well as I think she is becoming a better wrestler. I knew Nikki was going to turn as I enjoyed the match.

Orton vs. Rollins-7. There were some damn good spots such as Randy's RKO as it is what it is but I enjoyed myself.

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar-8. The match wasn't as great as I wanted it to be but considering what they were doing to make Brock dominant worked. Plus, seeing Cena be beaten badly was just fun to watch as I'm happy Brock won. I hope Cena either shows up as a very broken man or don't show up at all.

RJK
08-18-2014, 06:06 AM
I get the whole concept of why they had Lesnar destroy Cena but for me if I wanted to watch that I would watch UFC (which I don't.) So the whole thing came off as uncomfortable and flat.

I will be more interested in how they get the belt off of Lesnar in a way that makes sense.

Piko
08-18-2014, 08:58 AM
I get the whole concept of why they had Lesnar destroy Cena but for me if I wanted to watch that I would watch UFC (which I don't.) So the whole thing came off as uncomfortable and flat.

I will be more interested in how they get the belt off of Lesnar in a way that makes sense.

I think that's what they were going for. He beats Cena and Taker and whoever else. The guy who does end up beating him will have a lot to prove. But, it's going to end up with Lesnar destroying people, and one guy beating him.

Conan The Barbarian
08-18-2014, 10:22 AM
I think when sting jumps on, he should feud with lesnar.

Space Suicide
08-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Why do they have to plug the Network every fucking hour on the hour every week? Everyone knows about it by now, Jesus Christ. Get a grip.

Least they're making a joke about mentioning the price now.

Kid Charlemagne
08-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Cena just got fucking buried by Lesnar and Heyman, and it was beautiful.

Big Fat Matt
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
I want Heyman to narrate my life.

Space Suicide
08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
I want Heyman to narrate my life.

What died recently?

Big Fat Matt
08-18-2014, 08:32 PM
What died recently?
Not sure, but with these farts I've been dropping, I think someone put the Jericho-Wyatt fued in my ass, because that is dead as a fucking doornail.

thevoid99
08-18-2014, 08:36 PM
That Paul Heyman promo is a fucking classic. He didn't just bury Cena but he buried him to the center of the Earth. Heyman is a God. I also loved the way RAW opened with Stephanie doing that "Yes" chant. That was hilarious and she looked pretty fucking good with that shirt and those tight jeans. Yes, Nikki is a worse actress than her sister.

Big Fat Matt
08-18-2014, 08:39 PM
That Paul Heyman promo is a fucking classic. He didn't just bury Cena but he buried him to the center of the Earth. Heyman is a God. I also loved the way RAW opened with Stephanie doing that "Yes" chant. That was hilarious and she looked pretty fucking good with that shirt and those tight jeans. Yes, Nikki is a worse actress than her sister.

hnnng. unf

Space Suicide
08-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Not sure, but with these farts I've been dropping, I think someone put the Jericho-Wyatt fued in my ass, because that is dead as a fucking doornail.

I'm a Bray Wyatt and Wyatt Family disbeliever. I find them boring and their shtick has ran its course on the main roster. The Jericho feud made zero sense as to why they would even attack him. They had no chemistry and I don't place that on Jericho's fault.

Piko
08-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Have any of them made sense? The feud with Cena started the same way, almost. Same with Kane, I think. Maybe even Daniel Bryan. I'm ok with that though. I like the character, he's very convincing in the ring. I just find the way they book him to be kinda iffy.

thevoid99
08-18-2014, 10:22 PM
That Ambrose/Rollins match tore the fucking house down and that ending. Fuck me. It's only because Ambrose is going to do a movie and then he'll come back and kill Kane and Rollins.

onthewall2983
08-18-2014, 10:26 PM
So how was the new set?

perceptionnexus
08-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Looks like the lesnar v. cena rematch is set for NOC. I really don't have a good feeling about this happening so quickly following summerslam, kinda getting yet another "CENA OVERCOMES THE ODDS!" vibe. I don't even mind the idea of Lesnar dropping the title so quickly as long as it wouldn't be for the 5000th redundant-ass super-cena redemption angle. Not even to mention the fact that it would make absolutely no logical sense following the total beatdown he just endured. Hope I'm wrong, but if not our intelligence as fans is being greatly insulted.

On the other side of things, yeah ambrose/rollins was amazing last night. The curbstomp was uncomfortable to watch, which is a damn good thing. Glad WWE is getting a little edgier again, and when Ambrose returns, the crowd is gonna go fucking apeshit.

Piko
08-19-2014, 11:38 PM
The way he got destroyed, it would make no sense for him to win. But, if he does, then it opens up the possibility of Rollins cashing in. Lesnar can't look bad or else it would all be for nothing. The way it should be, have someone beat Lesnar who really needs that push. Continue to build Lesnar as a monster until then.

spiralout
08-19-2014, 11:57 PM
I though Summerslam was great. Raw last night was pretty good too. Rollins vs Ambrose last night was amazing.

I don't like the fact that Cena is coming back so quickly and getting another title shot at NOC. He sold the hell out of that beating at SS so why not stay off of WWE programming for at least 2-3 weeks? Anyway, if Cena beats Lesnar, maybe Rollins could cash in, hold the belt until Ambrose returns and there you go....some new blood fighting for the top belt.

perceptionnexus
08-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I thought about that too, Rollins cashing in at NOC. I'd rather see Lesnar retain but anything is better right now than another cena redemption. I get the whole thing with him being the face of the company, and they need to sell a new tshirt every week to 9 year olds and all but at this point.........the guy right now reminds me totally of Hogan back in 95-96 before his heel turn, just way beyond stale and in desperate need of either a massive shift in character or retirement.

It would be absolutely perfect timing and a logical climax to the feud if Ambrose comes back just in time to have a hell in a cell match with Rollins in October at the ppv. Match of the year right there, guaranteed! I even dare say they could give the taker/mankind match from 98 a run for its money. Those two have the greatest chemistry I think seen in years, like potentially of a rock/austin caliber if done right. The "what? its for charity." line last night was pure gold.

thevoid99
08-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Cena must not win the rematch. Personally, I would rather have him be given a much worse beating to the point that Cena will either tap out or a referee will stop him to prove that everything Cena stood for has consequences. I don't think Rollins has a chance in even cashing in on Lesnar as I would rather have Lesnar hold the title until WrestleMania where he wouldn't even have to show up every month or on every pay-per-view.

I'm extremely looking forward to whatever follow-up match that is going to happen between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Make it a Hell in a Cell match and let these two tear the roof off the place.

spiralout
08-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Cena must not win the rematch. Personally, I would rather have him be given a much worse beating to the point that Cena will either tap out or a referee will stop him to prove that everything Cena stood for has consequences. I don't think Rollins has a chance in even cashing in on Lesnar as I would rather have Lesnar hold the title until WrestleMania where he wouldn't even have to show up every month or on every pay-per-view.

I'm extremely looking forward to whatever follow-up match that is going to happen between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. Make it a Hell in a Cell match and let these two tear the roof off the place.

I really hope what you said here happens....it's just with how much WWE relies on Cena you can see them falling back into the same old comeback of the year crap.

perceptionnexus
08-20-2014, 03:35 PM

Lol, actually in all seriousness, that would be a great, realistic life lesson for the cena kiddies. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try in life to overcome a challenge, your best just isn't enough. But at least you tried, and that's what really matters. Then the next night Raw goes back to TV-14 and we get our barbed wire kendo stick matches back in effect!

RJK
08-20-2014, 07:55 PM
This Shield special on WWE Network is fantastic.

thevoid99
08-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Here's another scenario that I thought about if Cena is in complete danger from the beating he gets from Brock Lesnar. When the referee tries to stop the match, Cena says no and he could barely go on as Brock gives him another suplex and another. Triple H and Stephanie come in to try and end the match as Cena refuses where he's bleeding and coughing up blood where he says "I never give up". Finally, Vince comes in and has the referee to stop the match where Lesnar is declared the winner. Cena is barely conscious at this point as he wouldn't be seen until The Slammys 2015. The next day, Paul Heyman would make a promo about everything that Cena stood for as a lesson to children about what happens if you stand for something and take it too seriously to the point that you nearly get yourself killed and thus, Cenation officially ends.

Space Suicide
08-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Here's another scenario that I thought about if Cena is in complete danger from the beating he gets from Brock Lesnar. When the referee tries to stop the match, Cena says no and he could barely go on as Brock gives him another suplex and another. Triple H and Stephanie come in to try and end the match as Cena refuses where he's bleeding and coughing up blood where he says "I never give up". Finally, Vince comes in and has the referee to stop the match where Lesnar is declared the winner. Cena is barely conscious at this point as he wouldn't be seen until The Slammys 2015. The next day, Paul Heyman would make a promo about everything that Cena stood for as a lesson to children about what happens if you stand for something and take it too seriously to the point that you nearly get yourself killed and thus, Cenation officially ends.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/f8ceb04f5245ffbe180b0157ae559187/362%20-%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20laughing%20lol%20macro %20wwe.jpg

thevoid99
08-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Oh, and here's a video of what every kid is doing when they see John Cena annihilated by Brock Lesnar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

Piko
08-21-2014, 12:41 AM
They're definitely priming Reigns to be the guy. I really don't have a problem with Lesnar's reign, if it's done right. I'm ok with less title defenses. The whole thing is dragged out imo. Most ppvs, it's usually the same finish and extremely predictable because it's every month. Less defenses, more options. I think Lesnar will actually bring some meaning back to the belt. And while he goes on his hiatus, they can focus more on the other titles. My only worry is that they will probably revert back after WM31. When has an elimination chamber match really offered in the last few years other than the predictable finish to build to the bigger ppv. It'll actually mean something.

Swykk
08-23-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm at the Ring of Honor show, Death Before Dishonor night two! Front row too! And I'm finally going to get to meet The Young Bucks. Exciting!

Maul
08-24-2014, 07:13 AM
Night of Champions is getting closer and Cena wants his belt back. I was kind of excited with this new direction but all could go to sh*t as usual.

Fifey
08-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Cena vs. Wyatt is the worst possible match they could make tonight. Cena needs a strong performance to highlight that he's still a top talent, he just couldn't come near Lesnar's skill. Wyatt just got a big win over Jericho, and a loss would be another step backwards.

The only solution is that Jericho shows up and costs Wyatt the match, setting up their third match.

Piko
08-25-2014, 08:07 PM
There's definitely going to be some shenanigans, like always. Calling it now, Ambrose/Rollins, HITC.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Fuck this Bella Twins rivalry.

I DON'T CARE.

Fifey
08-25-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm already sick of Roman Reigns. No ability to work a match, just a spot machine. And the Cena-esque superpowers are already old.

thevoid99
08-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Hogan is obviously sucking Cena's cock in that thing and John thanked him. Brock's promo just said it all and I hope he gives Cena the thrashing of a lifetime.

That Bellas segment was bad. BTW, whenever Paige does that crawl on top of her opponents, I get very turned on. She is winning me over as I want that feud between her and AJ to continue and maybe get some hot lesbian action.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
She is winning me over as I want that feud between her and AJ to continue and maybe get some hot lesbian action.

Which is sad they're going down this route for some shred of interest or credibility. Honestly, I still don't care about either one much.

thevoid99
08-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Did anyone just see the Bo Dallas/Kofi match? Bo fucking sucks. He botched that bulldog. Kofi shouldn't job to this clown.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Did anyone just see the Bo Dallas/Kofi match? Bo fucking sucks. He botched that bulldog. Kofi shouldn't job to this clown.

'YOU TALK BAD ABOUT BO. BO BE AFTER YOU. BO ANGRY."

http://www.209wrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ugly-Bo.jpg

Fifey
08-25-2014, 09:52 PM
What. the. fuck. Why bury Wyatt like this? This is such a joke.

So, Cena has (again) no residual injuries despite the beating he took and how they put it over, and he can practically squash Wyatt? This only ends well if Lesnar beats Cena at Night of Champions in an even shorter match than at Summerslam.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 09:53 PM
What. the. fuck. Why bury Wyatt like this? This is such a joke.

I wish they'd bury his whole family. I hate the Wyatt Family and fuck his real life family, Bo Dallas sucks.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Cole: "Cena believed in himself!!1!!1one!!!"

Holy shit. Tonight's RAW had to be the worst fucking episode as a whole in fucking months. God it was horrible.

thevoid99
08-25-2014, 10:46 PM
That was a terrible RAW. It's the WWE trying to tell us to believe in Cena or make him think he can beat Brock Lesnar. Are they out of their fucking minds? The reason Lesnar won was because he broke Cena down physically and mentally. He knew what to do. Cena trying to be Brock just made him look stupid and desperate.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 10:48 PM
It's the WWE trying to tell us to believe in Cena or make him think he can beat Brock Lesnar.

http://i.imgur.com/QBJ3aTc.gif

theburningreptile
08-25-2014, 11:22 PM
So Cena overcame the odds yet again. Same. Old. Shit. I hope Lesnar squashes him again.

thevoid99
08-25-2014, 11:34 PM
So Cena overcame the odds yet again. Same. Old. Shit. I hope Lesnar squashes him again.

Same here. The way Brock Lesnar beat Cena was impressive. He continuously went for the body and the ribs to immobilize him. He needs to do that again and also go for the legs and go for the arms. Beat him till Cena either gives up or is unable to continue so we wouldn't have to see him for at least 18 months.

Piko
08-26-2014, 01:49 AM
Lesnar will win. It won't be a squash like summerslam though.

henryeatscereal
08-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Gosh that Cena match was terrible...

poinoup
08-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Gosh that Cena match was terrible...

I found Raw overall to be really dragging and lame. Then when Team 2002 came out to make it a 6 man I shut er off. What Rusev/Henry feud?

henryeatscereal
08-26-2014, 11:03 AM
I found Raw overall to be really dragging and lame. Then when Team 2002 came out to make it a 6 man I shut er off. What Rusev/Henry feud?
To be honest i downloaded and skipped most of it, but i watched Cena's match and hated it, Rusev/Henry is lame i prefer Swagger they had a good match at Summerslam, i want that feud to continue

Piko
08-26-2014, 11:10 AM
I zoned out and did other things. Pretty uneventful raw.

thevoid99
08-26-2014, 01:46 PM
I really hope the rematch between Cena and Brock Lesnar is another squash match. Yet, if Cena is stupid enough to really believe that he'll never give up. Here's what I think should happen. Has anyone seen Raging Bull? Remember the scene where Jake LaMotta is standing behind the ropes as he is getting beaten up by Sugar Ray Robinson as blood is coming out of his body and all over the building as LaMotta loses the fight but never got knocked down? I think what will happen is that Lesnar's beating of Cena becomes so severe that Vince and the referee tries to get Cena to quit as Cena will say "I will never give up" which only makes Lesnar do the worst as it would show the consequences of everything that Cena had stood for.

spiralout
08-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Like pretty much everyone else, I zoned out for most of Raw. I dozed off during the matadores match and woke up halfway through the Cena match. Last night confirmed that I am bored of Roman Reigns, I hate that he has become one of the wrestlers that uses the same exact move set every match. It became really obvious when he was waiting for Kane to crawl over and hang himself on the ropes just so he could do his floor to apron dropkick.

On that note I just want to mention how much I hate when stuff like that happens. Oh what a coincidence that someone gets hung up on the ropes during a Roman Reigns match, or gets in perfect position outside the ropes on the apron during a Sheamus match for his chest punch thing. Also during a Cena match....after he shoulder charges you why would you get up and try to punch him? He's going to duck....haven't you seen his matches before??? Haha....makes me feel stupid for watching.

See you all next week!

henryeatscereal
08-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Reigns is overrated he doesn't deserve to be on the main event, the only Shield guy i like is Seth Rollins and i'm hating his gimmick and stupid black leotard (or whatever it is...)

Space Suicide
08-26-2014, 02:37 PM
On that note I just want to mention how much I hate when stuff like that happens. Oh what a coincidence that someone gets hung up on the ropes during a Roman Reigns match, or gets in perfect position outside the ropes on the apron during a Sheamus match for his chest punch thing. Also during a Cena match....after he shoulder charges you why would you get up and try to punch him? He's going to duck....haven't you seen his matches before??? Haha....makes me feel stupid for watching.

See you all next week!

I've been saying this for years. Why on earth would you stand when Shawn Michaels' is "tuning up the band" because you're only going to get kicked in the face thereafter?

thevoid99
08-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Since RAW last night sucked ass, I just came up with something. Since it is clear that Hogan was sucking Cena's cock last night during that awful opening segment and there's been rumors that Hogan wants one more match. I think I have an idea of what should happen for Hogan. It's weeks before the Royal Rumble at Old School RAW where Hogan makes an appearance and John Cena makes his return after being beaten by Brock Lesnar. Hogan endorses Cena to win the Royal Rumble match. Unfortunately, Cena becomes the last person eliminated by Daniel Bryan. The next night on RAW, Cena starts to show signs of aggression where Hogan makes an appearance and Cena gives him the AA and beats him up officially solidifying his heel turn. The next night on RAW, Cena talks about why he attacked Hogan as he blamed him for making him believe in himself and believe in everything that he had been about. He blames Hogan for losing that match to Brock Lesnar and he blames Hogan for losing the Royal Rumble. He blames the WWE Universe for not believing in him and cheering for Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan as he challenges Hogan to a match at WrestleMania 31.

Piko
08-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Hogan was sucking Cena off pretty hard. And yeah, he wants a match, but they won't give it to him. Guy can barely walk. Yet, he thinks he can put on a match. His day is over. Still not sure how I feel about Reigns. Yeah, he has the look. But aside from a few of his usual spots, he has no business main eventing. How can he be a future face of the company and not be able to even speak?

henryeatscereal
08-26-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't think Cena will ever turn heel, he has had many chances and doesn't care, it's the only way he could be interesting again but i'm tired of wating for it...

Space Suicide
08-26-2014, 04:46 PM
I don't think Cena will ever turn heel, he has had many chances and doesn't care, it's the only way he could be interesting again but i'm tired of wating for it...

Well, maybe when it's 2017...

Maul
08-27-2014, 03:34 AM
While nowadays,every wrestling thread is a rant thread I gotta say that Jack Swagger makes me sick to my stomach. I don't think he's a bad guy, (I don't know him at all) but he seems chill to me. But still, he lost to Rusev at SS and he's on a losing streak ever since but he's using this classic american patriotic gimmick that no matter what you've done,turns you face. This is the same guy that commited a felony and injures superstars in a wreckless manner when they're getting a push. Maybe I sound bitter, but I think it's a shame this guy keeps messing up and he is somehow rewarded with new chances and the support of the crowd. I wish the freaking kids and the families attending paid more attention to the people behind wrestling, instead of only looking at the gimmicks.Again,sorry if I sound bitter and/or angry.

RJK
08-27-2014, 06:13 AM
While nowadays,every wrestling thread is a rant thread I gotta say that Jack Swagger makes me sick to my stomach. I don't think he's a bad guy, (I don't know him at all) but he seems chill to me. But still, he lost to Rusev at SS and he's on a losing streak ever since but he's using this classic american patriotic gimmick that no matter what you've done,turns you face. This is the same guy that commited a felony and injures superstars in a wreckless manner when they're getting a push. Maybe I sound bitter, but I think it's a shame this guy keeps messing up and he is somehow rewarded with new chances and the support of the crowd. I wish the freaking kids and the families attending paid more attention to the people behind wrestling, instead of only looking at the gimmicks.Again,sorry if I sound bitter and/or angry.

What felony did he commit? I don't think he was charged with any felonies for his DUI debacle, is there something else?

thevoid99
08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
What felony did he commit? I don't think he was charged with any felonies for his DUI debacle, is there something else?

He got arrested for drug possession the year he faced Alberto del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title. I don't remember which WrestleMania it was.

Space Suicide
08-27-2014, 01:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cta8r0A0uIE

Don't know why but I got to looking at wrestling injuries...

RJK
08-27-2014, 03:29 PM
He got arrested for drug possession the year he faced Alberto del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title. I don't remember which WrestleMania it was.

Right but it was half a joint that carried with it a fine of $500, no felony as far as I can tell. It was the same night as the DUI.

Maul
08-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Sorry for the confusion but still I'm angry at WWE and their way of handling stuff.

thevoid99
08-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Sorry for the confusion but still I'm angry at WWE and their way of handling stuff.

A lot of people are. I mean Alberto Del Rio gets fired all because he slapped some stupid asshole who made some racist comments about him. Plus, that guy del Rio slapped is someone the wrestlers don't like at all because he's some lame social-media ambassador or something. Triple H tried to defuse the situation but it was Vince that pulled the trigger to fire del Rio. There's also some controversy over Rey Mysterio who decided to leave WWE to go to AAA in Mexico as he and Triple H ended their business relationship through a handshake but Vince wants to keep Mysterio under contract. It's all Vince. He's fucking things up for everyone as I bet he was the one to tell Cena to not sell any injuries and be SuperCena.

Piko
08-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Vince has definitely lost his touch. As for Del Rio, they sent him home and assumed all was fine. The guy threatened a lawsuit, then they fired him. But still, they should've fired that guy as well.

thevoid99
08-27-2014, 11:42 PM
John Cena must love kissing Vince's ass which would definitely explain this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n1Q8xBUKDE

onthewall2983
08-28-2014, 12:00 AM
I'll admit I know next to nothing about business, but this must be the problem with family-owned companies. If it was anyone else, Vince would have been forced into retirement by now. I just read that he's pretty much responsible for the Network's original programming including this Monday Night Wars thing which is absolutely white-washing the history of what went on from what I'm reading. Between that and the lack of new older content coming in, I'm less patient with it now that the idea is coming to me that this might be just a 9.99 excuse to prop up his "legacy".

thevoid99
08-28-2014, 12:09 AM
I saw the first episode of the Monday Night War where there is some revisionist history as it didn't do much to explain more though I did like what it was showing but some of the stuff like the Twitter feeds is very annoying. The WWE needs Shane to come back and let him and Triple H run the thing as Triple H knows about what should be done with the product and Shane can do the business stuff. Vince needs to go.

Space Suicide
08-28-2014, 12:28 AM
I didn't realize this was going to be a running series, I thought it was going to be a one off. I still didn't watch the first.

Time to get watching then.

Piko
08-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Didn't realize it started... And Vince does need to go. He's so out of touch with the times. And once Vince goes, so does Dunn. Vince will probably continue to run the company until he's 100 though.

Space Suicide
08-28-2014, 12:37 AM
I started the first episode and I must say, for as much Vince bashing there is I think he does genuinely care and think of what's best for business, even then. However what he thinks and what we like are extremely off the charts in the wrong direction now. :p

Though, this documentary's first episode so far has just reminded me how much Turner just seen "wrasslin" as a money making business. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

Piko
08-28-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm Vince does have the best intentions in mind. I don't doubt that. I just think he's in his own little bubble and has no idea of what his audience is.

onthewall2983
08-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Though, this documentary's first episode so far has just reminded me how much Turner just seen "wrasslin" as a money making business. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

I watched the first episode, but I could tell right away this was going to be a hagiography of the McMahons, pushing that "small family business bullied by big bad Billionaire Ted" angle once more. They made a hell of a comeback, true, but there was so much lost by putting WCW out of business that's still being felt today by how relatively tame WWE's product is compared to what it was 15 years ago.

Wrestling basically saved TBS when it was a fledgling station in the early days of cable. Ted valued it as much as he did the Braves and CNN, but when it came to hiring the right people to run WCW it failed until Bischoff turned things around (which didn't last long obviously). He could have easily pulled the plug before Eric was hired, because I'd imagine WCW lost more money than it made in the early 90's. It wasn't until Time Warner took over everything that it was just seen as a money venture, until they cut their losses and sold to Vince.

onthewall2983
08-28-2014, 07:45 AM

Dave Meltzer on why a heel turn won't happen anytime soon.

Cena was interviewed by Power Magazine this past week and said that he’s got a heel run in him, but says he does what the company tells him to do and that a heel turn will never happen. To me, never doesn’t exist in pro wrestling, because circumstances constantly change. That said, right now, the idea of turning Cena heel would be mind-bogglingly stupid. The key is merchandise. With Bryan and Punk gone, Cena’s merchandise was recently and may still be outselling the entire rest of the roster combined. Heel turns kill merch sales, not to mention ticket sales to kids, which make up a strong percentage of the WWE audience and the Cena shows this year were doing more than $60,000 above the non-Cena shows in ticket sales (and shows without Cena are doing well below the usual levels for house shows in the cities they have been in while Cena shows have not). There is always the chance that Cena will get hotter as a ticket seller with a heel turn. Historically, with the exception of Hogan (whose merch sales were dead when he made the turn), modern era top babyface turns didn’t work unless you have the hotter babyface on the rise (like Austin was with Bret Hart when they did the double turn). Dwayne Johnson turned back-and-forth, but Austin’s turn, no matter how entertaining it was, led to huge drops in attendance, ratings and merch sales and the company never got back to previous levels. WCW attempted turns with Sting and Goldberg were such flops they flipped back every time within a few weeks. If Bryan, or Reigns, or someone, is at the point as champion where they are outdrawing Cena and selling at close to the same level, you could consider a turn, but even then, you still have the issues where Make-a-Wish and other corporate partners who bank on Cena as a spokesperson or face would get upset. But today, with no Punk, no Bryan, and Reigns months from being ready, any suggestion of turning him today is up there with the ill-fated Austin turn. Austin’s turn failed for these reasons. The first was there was no super face to oppose him (the idea was HHH as the face, but then HHH decided against turning and forming a team with Austin, and if you remember that period, HHH was actually positioned equal or even ahead of him when they were together). The other is that there are some talents who bring new people into the game. When those people are faces and turn, and there are only a handful of them in the last 30 years and of them, only Hogan and Lawler (who was successful going back-and-forth) ever did for any length of time and with had success. I would call Hogan’s turn a success because the company did great business for two-and-a-half years, but the long-run of the cool heels killing the faces was not good in the long run. Whether a percentage of the audience boos him, and they do at TV and PPVs and they don’t at house shows, those are already paying customers, many of whom came in before Cena. Of those who came in with Cena, their big favorites were Cena, Mysterio and maybe Batista, and Cena was No. 1 throughout and is the last one left. They are clearly building Reigns and Ambrose for a future, and Wyatt is probably going to be a face at some point as well. When the new characters are at the point they are carrying the ball, and Reigns may already be on track getting there, you absolutely could consider a Cena turn from a wrestling standpoint. But perhaps Make-a-Wish changes the game and it won’t happen even when the storyline time down the line could be right.

Everyone uses the wrong example of Hogan turning heel as something Cena should follow. Bob Backlund is the better example. Do it towards the end of his career when the kids are cheering someone else and he's been nearly forgotten. But unlike Backlund who started his heel run a bit more convincingly and ending up a comedy character, let John leave in a blaze of glory as a way to cap off what's been a pretty amazing career. Like him or not, you can't deny that last part as he's had a pretty unique trajectory all these years.

Space Suicide
08-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I watched the first episode, but I could tell right away this was going to be a hagiography of the McMahons, pushing that "small family business bullied by big bad Billionaire Ted" angle once more. They made a hell of a comeback, true, but there was so much lost by putting WCW out of business that's still being felt today by how relatively tame WWE's product is compared to what it was 15 years ago.

Wrestling basically saved TBS when it was a fledgling station in the early days of cable. Ted valued it as much as he did the Braves and CNN, but when it came to hiring the right people to run WCW it failed until Bischoff turned things around (which didn't last long obviously). He could have easily pulled the plug before Eric was hired, because I'd imagine WCW lost more money than it made in the early 90's. It wasn't until Time Warner took over everything that it was just seen as a money venture, until they cut their losses and sold to Vince.

It doesn't strike me as that yet. I've seen some tampered with documentaries but this so far isn't that bad.

henryeatscereal
08-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Everyone uses the wrong example of Hogan turning heel as something Cena should follow. Bob Backlund is the better example. Do it towards the end of his career when the kids are cheering someone else and he's been nearly forgotten. But unlike Backlund who started his heel run a bit more convincingly and ending up a comedy character, let John leave in a blaze of glory as a way to cap off what's been a pretty amazing career. Like him or not, you can't deny that last part as he's had a pretty unique trajectory all these years.
I don't think Cena should turn heel just because Hogan did it.
Still Hogan is a good example of how a heel turn makes your (stale) character interesting if done right, i've never liked Hogan but NWO Hogan was a funny character that really made you hate him...
But putting that aside: the turn would simply be a way to put over talent, look at Austin's heel turn and the wonders it did for Kurt Angle's career, look at Sting and how he became a legend for his matches with Flair and Hogan (biggest heels of their time...)
Even The Rock turned heel during the peak of his popularity and look how good that went, Cena obviously knows all that and his "Thuganomics" character is the only interesting phase of his career, he can play the villain if he wanted to but between Vince's dumb politics, the sales and the make-a-wish kids this will never happen, it's clear that's a route they don't want to go.
I'm realistic and i understand the "why", i'm just seeing the potential and (the good) controversy it would bring to the WWE, he has overplayed the "Hustle, Loyalty and Respect gimmick" to the point that every fan that's over 15 is sick of it, i know we are not majority but it's jst annoying to see the same crap rehashed over and over....

Space Suicide
08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Color me impressed, seriously tempted to get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsGEg9ZQC8

Piko
08-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Color me impressed, seriously tempted to get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsGEg9ZQC8

Hopefully it's not as buggy as people say the demo was at gamescom.

Space Suicide
08-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Hopefully it's not as buggy as people say the demo was at gamescom.

Youtube a match or two that's on there. Minus what I seen I can't make a huge ruling on what's good or isn't, the people that played it were fucktards that did nothing but punch the entire match pretty much. Didn't get to see any grappling mechanics due to it.

onthewall2983
08-30-2014, 05:13 AM
http://www.1wrestling.com/2014/08/29/jake-roberts-attorney-updates-jakes-health-condition/

Man, he was doing so well too :( I'm sure I speak for everyone when I wish him a full recovery.

Maul
08-30-2014, 05:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sk34XzwH64

I hope Jake Roberts gets on his feet again. By the way,just rewatched this Smackdown main event and I gotta say,I miss the old Smackdown! Maybe it sounds cheesy but I would love to see a show that's a little disconnected from RAW that would give a chance to see new superstars.Hell,I would rather watch that ECW Reboot they WWE made a few years ago.

Space Suicide
09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
I can't stand Bo Dallas' kayfabe (I sure hope so) voice.

Swykk
09-01-2014, 08:30 PM
I can't stand Bo Dallas.

I fixed that.

Space Suicide
09-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I fixed that.

Just as well!

thevoid99
09-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Bo Dallas fucking sucks. He's annoying as fuck and he botches. This is not a good RAW, except for Paul Heyman's promo and the Dust Brothers smashing one of the Usos' injured knee. Cena ruins everything now. I really, really, really, really, really hope that Brock Lesnar tears him from limb to limb. Especially to the point where Cena would be a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest only to be beaten to a bloody pulp.

Piko
09-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Bo Dallas is awesome. He's a troll. He's supposed to get under your skin. I'd say it's working. The guy who isn't growing on me is Reigns. I really want to like the guy, but he isn't clicking with me. Diesel 2.0. They'll give him the belt regardless though. But like Diesel, he'll probably hold the belt for the next year, drop it, then fade away.

Space Suicide
09-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Bo Dallas fucking sucks. He's annoying as fuck and he botches. This is not a good RAW, except for Paul Heyman's promo and the Dust Brothers smashing one of the Usos' injured knee. Cena ruins everything now. I really, really, really, really, really hope that Brock Lesnar tears him from limb to limb. Especially to the point where Cena would be a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest only to be beaten to a bloody pulp.

But that ending tho!

Gotta believe man, gotta believe.

thevoid99
09-01-2014, 10:18 PM
But that ending tho!

Gotta believe man, gotta believe.

I don't believe in anything except nothingness and destruction.

Space Suicide
09-01-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't believe in anything except nothingness and destruction.

http://i.minus.com/ibcUaY8mp6lLrk.gif

henryeatscereal
09-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Bo Lieve has gotten old already, don't get him really...

As said: Reigns is nothing special the guy does not deserve a push, Rollins and Ambrose are the talented ones and are getting more over every day, i can see Reigns getting to the top but never as a credible champ...

thevoid99
09-01-2014, 10:43 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibcUaY8mp6lLrk.gif

Yeah, make that face Cena. Next thing you know, you will be in a hospital bed after you will be beaten by the Beast Incarnate, Brock Lesnar. HE GONNA KILL YOU!

onthewall2983
09-01-2014, 11:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwf7S9VCcAAVcH1.jpg:large

henryeatscereal
09-01-2014, 11:30 PM
BTW, speaking of AJ...

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/927986-cm-punk-aj-lee-news-punk-rails-against-twitter-users-who-share-leaked-wedding-pictures/

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10593044_480595402082845_906407977771101053_n.jpg

...Safe to say: he got very mad

thevoid99
09-02-2014, 12:30 AM
I hope he gets mad enough to make a return to the WWE and not just reclaim his spot but also be the #1 guy in the WWE. Plus, I hope he beats Lesnar so he can have a 2-year reign as WWE champ.

xfocalinx
09-02-2014, 12:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwf7S9VCcAAVcH1.jpg:large

Turns out that guy is a huge douche who got drunk before the show and was yelling profanity in front of kids, Security asked to take his sign, he apparently threw it at their face or something. What a dick.

Space Suicide
09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
Turns out that guy is a huge douche who got drunk before the show and was yelling profanity in front of kids, Security asked to take his sign, he apparently threw it at their face or something. What a dick.

Man he is so edgy and cool.

I hate bastards like that.

onthewall2983
09-02-2014, 07:21 AM

And now he's a social media hero. Go figure.

spiralout
09-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Another terrible Raw that I barely paid attention to.

Dean Ambrose needs to come back.

I can't believe how much time and attention are being given to the Bellas.

Fuck Cena.

Piko
09-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Worst raw is awhile. And that bella segment was god awful. Thank god for AJ and Stephanie for at least keeping it on the rails. Already ready for Reigns to go away. But typical WWE, if someone gets stale and the crowd boos them, they'll just push them harder. Reigns can't be the face of the company. No, just no.

Swykk
09-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Seriously, after that diarrhea dump of a RAW, there's no better time for me to recommend Ring of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, the latter of which is the best wrestling available.

thevoid99
09-02-2014, 02:47 PM
It is becoming a bad time to be a wrestling fan. It has me thinking about all of those years when wrestlers were in their prime and when they left. Hogan was the man for 7 years in the WWE. Ric Flair was the man continuously for nearly a decade in the NWA yet would put people over like Sting and Ricky Steamboat. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels in their prime had great runs during the early to late 1990s where they were the top stars. Stone Cold and the Rock were the pillars of the Attitude Era which was about 5 years. Triple H to a lesser extent had a good run as the man during the early to mid-2000s while putting Batista over.

Then we have Cena who has been around for nearly a decade and he's never really changed or put anyone over other than Daniel Bryan. They're saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yet, we have been enduring the same old bullshit for nearly a decade and we're fucking tired. I already created a hashtag last night that just says #CenaRuinsEverything despite not having a Twitter account (don't need and don't want one).

Piko
09-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Plus, we're heading into fall season. There's the trend of everything in the fall to suck. As for what you guys are saying, it all comes down to Vince. No one likely has the balls to tell him "no". Granted, he's the CEO and owner. Someone needs to sit him down though. Who will that be? No one. Not as long as they're still making money. But, if they continue to take massive hits in the stock market, the investors will say something.

Space Suicide
09-02-2014, 03:52 PM
So...

I'm watching an old WCW Nitro episode and the Nasty Boys were just in a match.

I hate them.

SM Rollinger
09-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Am I the only one who is digging all the old episodes of Nitro on the network now? :)

(at least if the current product sucks, then i can reminiscence on the good ol days)

lol, @Space Suicide (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=532), you got that in before i could post mine.

edit: Also, upon watching the episode of Nitro where Scott Hall makes his first appearance, you can see as he is coming down from the stands, right before he jumps over the barrier to the lower level seating, there is a kid about 2 people in on his left wearing what would be a new t-shirt for the time... (NIN Spotting???)

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/54781/47eada629be07_54781n.jpg

Space Suicide
09-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Am I the only one who is digging all the old episodes of Nitro on the network now? :)

(at least if the current product sucks, then i can reminiscence on the good ol days)

Look at my post above your's.

Space Suicide
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM

lol, @Space Suicide (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=532), you got that in before i could post mine.

edit: Also, upon watching the episode of Nitro where Scott Hall makes his first appearance, you can see as he is coming down from the stands, right before he jumps over the barrier to the lower level seating, there is a kid about 2 people in on his left wearing what would be a new t-shirt for the time... (NIN Spotting???)

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/54781/47eada629be07_54781n.jpg

I might have to watch that to see that haha.

I'm watching the Nitro episode from July 8th, 1996. The night after Bash at the Beach, which formed the nWo.

onthewall2983
09-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I think I actually remember that shirt. Him coming through the crowd has been in so many retrospectives I've probably seen that more times than some of his matches.

Another bit of NIN-Spotting from a few years before that, and I think I mentioned this before, but was Ted Dibiase saying he was looking forward to NIN's performance at Woodstock '94 on an episode of All-American Wrestling.

Space Suicide
09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/0cbcf92b465e0061b519e401c083ff9d/tumblr_n7nnzvQk731qdkrl2o1_500.png

thevoid99
09-02-2014, 08:51 PM
You know your product is in serious trouble when everything that Vince Russo is saying is absolutely smacked on... as much as I don't like the guy for some of the shit he brings. At least it wasn't the garbage that we had to endure for the past few weeks from the WWE. At least the shit he created in WCW was entertaining compared to let's see.... Hogan sucking Cena's cock last week or a guy in a bunny suit beating up Heath Slater this week. Oh, and Michael Sam won't be on RAW next week because he just signed with the Cowboys and replacing him will be Jerry Springer to mediate in the Bella Twins split. WOW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVLqHK0W10

henryeatscereal
09-02-2014, 09:02 PM
^I've always defended some of Russo's decisions, many people blame him for some terrible storylines but as you said: at least they were entertaining, of course he did terrible stuff like making David Arquette WCW Champion, but he also engineered great angles during the Attitude Era at the WWE...

Big Fat Matt
09-02-2014, 09:29 PM
My two cents on WWE right now.

Cena/Lesnar is a WHITE HOT fued, and they are handling not having Brock at every Raw very well. Paul is the best talker ever.

Ziggler/Miz needs to be just that. No Sandow, no Cesaro. Just let them have good matches and feud over the gold.

Bella Twins storyline is pooping and smoke break time.

Rusev/Swagger was so poorly booked that I think they are moving to a Swagger/Bo match at NOC.

Rusev/Henry has SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

Rollins/Ambrose is SO GOOD. So much Chemistry.

Orton/Reigns See above.

Not too bad, considering this is a bad time to watch the product.

Piko
09-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Rollins/Ambrose may be the best long term feud they've had in years. They could probably drag it on for six months and it still won't get stale. WWE has talent all over the place. Seems like they're letting Rollins and Ambrose run wild, and it's working. If only they would allow that for more people. Then again, you can't have a "lunatic fringe" do all this PG stuff. Ambrose and Rollins should be their money guys, not Reigns. Reigns has a few moves, but he's more about the look than talented.

thevoid99
09-02-2014, 10:24 PM
The Ambrose-Rollins feud was fun to watch as they have amazing matches. I like Reigns but he is too limited in his moves and is only OK as a talker. He's not ready for the main event spot. Give him a few years and he can become a main eventer.

Piko
09-02-2014, 11:35 PM
I agree. He can get there. Not by WM31 though. They're probably giving him the belt though. We'll have to endure.

Big Fat Matt
09-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I think Reigns is getting the push simply because his last name is Anoa'i. If he weren't in that family tree, I think he would be in a much lower spot on the card.

Piko
09-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Yeah, that's definitely a plus side.

Space Suicide
09-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Yeah, WWE loves their Samoan heritage.

Piko
09-03-2014, 08:21 AM
That, or they're kissing up for his cousin to come back.

henryeatscereal
09-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Can he at least lose the Shield clothing? even Seth Rollins makes more sense with it, he just looks like a samoan cop, even UMAGA had more attitude with his face tats...

Piko
09-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Or a samoan sub zero.

henryeatscereal
09-03-2014, 09:43 AM
yeah...

http://33.media.tumblr.com/bfbd706339b5ce8d9d5fd53ab8cc9f62/tumblr_n3p1dfduUz1tq5gxjo1_500.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
09-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Breaking up the shield was the wrong move. They had great momentum going on.

Piko
09-03-2014, 10:45 AM
There was only so much left to do with them. The face turn only delayed the inevitable for so long.

henryeatscereal
09-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Very cool letter sent to Vince, HHH and Steph from Vince Russo:

An open letter to the WWE, by Vince Russo:Dear Vince, Stephanie and Hunter,
First let me apologize for my rant last night on Russo on Raw. I’m Italian, I’m emotional, I’m sorry I get that way sometimes. Come to think of it, you probably witnessed it first hand in a galaxy far, far away—many light years ago. The truth is—I hate to criticize RAW. I really do. Having been there and done that, I realize how difficult it is to come up with two hours of compelling content every week – let alone three. The job is not easy, I understand that, and nobody can be criticized for TRYING and giving their BEST EFFORT—nobody. But . . . the question I have to ask is: “Is what we see every Monday Night honestly and truly your best effort? I just know that having worked with all three of you in the past, I don’t think any of us would have been satisfied, or even ALLOWED last night’s show to air in its final form. Are we seriously not better than that? What happened to our mantra during the Attitude Era when this week’s show was going to be better than last weeks? Remember that, Vince?
I don’t know what it is. I don’t know the structure, because I am not there, but nobody—NOBODY—can tell me that with a bit more effort you couldn’t be doing better than what WE THE PEOPLE are being exposed to every Monday Night. Look—we all love wrestling, we are all HUGE fans of the WWE and in all truthfulness—WE WANT TO LIKE THE SHOW!!! But, you just make it so difficult. Asking anybody to sit through three hours of what you’re currently putting on the air is not only asking too much . . .but, it’s also unfair.
Look, I’m not going to tell you what to do, or how to do it, who am I? All I’m asking is that you all ask each other—is this the best that World Wrestling Entertainment has to offer its fans? If the answer is yes, that I guess I’ve just over-rated you, however, I think we all know that’s not the answer. I don’t think any of you can walk away from that building on Monday night honestly believing that you had just put your best foot forward. I don’t believe that for a second.
Right now, you have an UNBELIEVABLE talent roster, up and down from first match to main event, but the writing and producing of the show is just not serving them justice. You have to know that. What happened to the work ethic and the commitment that we all shared during the Attitude Era? What happened to that passion, when we literally used to leave our own BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS on the script that we wrote. If something didn’t exceed our expectations we were sick over it for days—I know I was.
Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, YES we will always be here no matter what. We support you, and we support the WWE, but the truth is . . . we deserve better. And, deep down inside I know that you know that.
With 1,000% sincerity.
Peace,
Your Former Head Writer,

Vince Russo.

I'll give him something: he has balls...

Swykk
09-04-2014, 10:23 AM
That's like Ted Bundy calling Richard Ramirez a serial killer.

That's like Triple H calling Hulk Hogan a terrible wrestler who only got to the top by politicking.

henryeatscereal
09-04-2014, 11:23 AM
That's like Ted Bundy calling Richard Ramirez a serial killer.

That's like Triple H calling Hulk Hogan a terrible wrestler who only got to the top by politicking.
I agree but what you did in the past doesn't make you a liar in the present, i don't know if he's talking from "the heart" or just wants "press" (some people would even say: a job), but i agree and would take any Russo show (WWE or WCW) from the past over any recent RAW...

Swykk
09-04-2014, 12:39 PM
I didn't dislike the run in TNA he had a couple of years ago. As much as I don't like Jim Ross' style, I'd love to see him and Heyman run a promotion. My dream team would be Heyman, Ross, Lagana and Sapolsky writing/booking/running wrestling. Joey Styles and Mike Tenay doing commentary.

Swykk
09-04-2014, 12:44 PM
I really don't even completely blame him for the fall of WCW. Hogan, Goldturd, Bischoff, even Nash? Yeah. The New Blood were never actually pushed. That's classic "giving you the rub, brother" out of those guys. And you should never give a world title to Jeff Jarrett, another jerkoff. The earlier TNA days where he was champ for like 9 months out of the year when guys other than AJ Styles (who had the title for the other 3 months) were killing it (Joe, Daniels)?! He's like mini HHH.

Piko
09-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Russo was great when he had someone filter his ideas and make something from that. WCW was doomed before he even showed up. I can't speak too much on what he did in TNA. I can say, however, that in the last few months, while he was a "creative consultant", the programming really stepped up.

spiralout
09-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Jerry Springer to get involved in the Bella Twins' storyline next week! Can't wait!

Space Suicide
09-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Jeff Jarrett, another jerkoff.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/537db3395db00fdec0cff9e2e76ce2a5/1459%20-%20laughing%20lol%20sheamus%20wwe.jpg

I've always hated Jarrett so reading that made my laugh.

henryeatscereal
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
^Dat Sheamus pic, lol

Got nothing against Jarrett, actually i heard he's a pretty nice guy and he's monster heel here in Mexico (only place he enters to "Born in the USA", rather than his theme song)

thevoid99
09-04-2014, 02:19 PM
As much as I don't like Russo. He does understand where wrestling fans are coming from and he is right about what is happening. I don't think I'm going to watch RAW next week. I don't think I have the patience to sit through another crap show.

Piko
09-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I'll watch it like I have been. It'll be on the tv, and when I get bored, I'll wander off onto something else. Three hours is way too long. Especially when there's a ppv coming up that they haven't really been building up aside from Lesnar/Cena and the bellas.

perceptionnexus
09-04-2014, 10:18 PM
These last 2 raws have just been god awful. I'm taking a break until NOC, and if Cena takes the gold back, I'm probably out for the rest of the year. Just can't stand this product anymore as a moderately-intelligent, adult fan. Looks like a lot of other people are feeling the same, the damn russo letter hit mainstream media, for shit sakes.

But WWE needs to pander to the Cena-kiddies!! Interesting observation: Said kiddies from 4 years ago are now likely doing drugs, having sex, listening to metal, and watching R rated movies.

Space Suicide
09-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Roman Reigns needs some new choreography.

thevoid99
09-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Roman Reigns needs some new choreography.

The man has potential but he needs to have more moves and be more comfortable in the mic. We don't want another Crybotch now do we?

Piko
09-05-2014, 11:58 PM
He needs to be more comfortable, period. They're putting too much on him, too soon. The guy can definitely be a champion down the road. But, they're pushing him way too fast.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 07:39 PM
So Jerry Springer is on tonight and is going to have a live segment with the Bellas? I care how and why?

Yeah, I'd rather watch that than wrestling matches. Fuck.

Piko
09-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Another way of acknowledging a train wreck? We all know it will be.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 08:08 PM
John Cena is literally Hulk Hogan via 1996.

Except Cena isn't even smart enough as dimwit Hogan to turn his character a heel.

the duder
09-08-2014, 08:13 PM
At least it was an interesting promo...

Piko
09-08-2014, 08:17 PM
It was. You can probably thank Heyman for that though. Cena should turn heel. Vince won't allow it, but they should. Vince has this massive hard on for Cena and him remaining "babyface". He's a that gray area who, to everyone's disdain, is booked as a babyface when he really shouldn't be. Kids and women love him. Everyone else hates him.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 08:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scp0hPwhG14

Lesnar should use this as his theme. :p

Piko
09-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Made me pretty happy to see the NXT guys on raw.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Bellas segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvSAV7ef64

thevoid99
09-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Am I missing anything interesting?

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 09:57 PM

Jerry Springer left in a stretcher with a huge thumbs up with a dead audience.

thevoid99
09-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Jerry Springer left in a stretcher with a huge thumbs up with a dead audience.

Um, anything else?

henryeatscereal
09-08-2014, 10:48 PM

http://nocoastbias.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Ambrose-Nope.gif

thevoid99
09-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Well, I did see some segments shown on YouTube. That dive from Chris Jericho was great. Heyman's promo was fantastic until Cena ruined it. #Cenaruinseverything. The Bellas-Jerry Springer segment... it was worse than I thought. What will it take for the WWE to finally get their fans to just walk away from the show and eventually tell Vince to go fuck himself?

onthewall2983
09-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Rollins almost impaled himself on a steel cage tonight, so there's that.

henryeatscereal
09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Holy crap, it almost turns into a tragedy...

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2374150/oR7M4dA_medium.gif

Space Suicide
09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Holy crap, it almost turns into a tragedy...

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2374150/oR7M4dA_medium.gif

Jeez! I missed that, holy shit.

henryeatscereal
09-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Jeez! I missed that, holy shit.
Reminded the time Hardcore Holly got a nasty gash from a table during a match with RVD...

http://i27.tinypic.com/10z2r69.jpg

Still, Rollins was about to get impaled, 1 second late and it's a trip to the f'n morgue...

thevoid99
09-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Holy shit. WWE would've been in extremely big trouble if they killed Seth Rollins.

Fifey
09-09-2014, 09:27 PM
News is coming out that Sean O'Haire is dead. Cause of Death hasn't been released yet.

thevoid99
09-09-2014, 09:31 PM
News is coming out that Sean O'Haire is dead. Cause of Death hasn't been released yet.

I just read that. In all honesty, I was never impressed by him. He was one of those new guys in WCW that I saw during that final period where I was like... "eh...." and I don't really remember anything he did in WWE other than the fact that he was supposed to be in Evolution.

Piko
09-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Wasn't a fan either. Still sucks for him to go so young.

Space Suicide
09-09-2014, 09:47 PM
I just read that. In all honesty, I was never impressed by him. He was one of those new guys in WCW that I saw during that final period where I was like... "eh...." and I don't really remember anything he did in WWE other than the fact that he was supposed to be in Evolution.

He was a protege to Roddy Piper and he smashed a coconut on Rikishi's head. :p

Fifey
09-09-2014, 09:50 PM

Mark Jindrak was supposed to be in Evolution, not O'Haire.

I liked his "Devil's Advocate" gimmick towards the end of his run with WWE. He had a good look and enough skill on the mic to get by. Nothing special in the ring, but I thought higher of him that a lot of the guys they had then and have now.

henryeatscereal
09-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Wasn't a fan of him and Palumbo (the most i remember of him was his tag team in WCW), but it's always sad to hear of a wrestler passing away so young...

thevoid99
09-10-2014, 11:21 PM
I just got some good news yesterday as I learned Ring of Honor's TV program finally found a syndication in Atlanta. I'm going to DVR that show and see what it's got.

Piko
09-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Production is awful. The wrestling makes up for it though. I really need to watch more.

Piko
09-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Network is lagging bad. Not sure how I feel about them renaming Kenta though. Everyone knows him as Kenta. His new name may not last very long. I can only imagine the ongoing Kenta chants in the future.

RJK
09-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Network is lagging bad. Not sure how I feel about them renaming Kenta though. Everyone knows him as Kenta. His new name may not last very long. I can only imagine the ongoing Kenta chants in the future.

I totally agree. Renaming Kenta is dumb. I'm curious what kind of stupid names they'll give Steen and Devitt.

Takeover 2 was fantastic, I just wish Steen would have attacked Adrian Neville as they faded to black. But no such luck.

Piko
09-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda worried about what they will do with Steen and Devitt. Kevin Weinsteen? Springsteen? Hopefully they let him keep his name. They can call Kenta whatever they want. I don't think anyone's going to accept the new name though. Same goes for Steen and Devitt.

henryeatscereal
09-11-2014, 09:18 PM
They renamed Kenta? gosh even worse than renaming Low Ki (always hated that dumb KAVAL, name)

Piko
09-11-2014, 09:21 PM
They have to own everything... They want names they can own. It's stupid.

Maul
09-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Tried to watch the Jerry Springer bit from last week's RAW and it's just unbearable. I'm glad the divas division gets more air time,but goddamn the Bellas just overall suck. Love her or hate her, Paige is a rookie that can wrestle a lot better than the two of them and I rather listen to her or AJ than that godawful discussions between two sisters... Argh,guys,I really try and support the division,but this crap makes it difficult.
Glad to see the NXT guys in action.Do we already know when is Steen debuting?

thevoid99
09-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Tried to watch the Jerry Springer bit from last week's RAW and it's just unbearable. I'm glad the divas division gets more air time,but goddamn the Bellas just overall suck. Love her or hate her, Paige is a rookie that can wrestle a lot better than the two of them and I rather listen to her or AJ than that godawful discussions between two sisters... Argh,guys,I really try and support the division,but this crap makes it difficult.
Glad to see the NXT guys in action.Do we already know when is Steen debuting?

As much as I don't like the Bellas being dragged into awful segments (and I'm sure they don't really like it). At least it's better than watching Eva Marie trying to wrestle.

onthewall2983
09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
It's very possible nobody here would be interested in this, but I came across something interesting. Chicago Film Archives started a YouTube channel of wrestling from the 50's (http://www.chicagofilmarchives.org/news/announcing-our-new-youtube-channel-wrestling-from-chicago).

henryeatscereal
09-13-2014, 12:05 AM
^You're wrong, i find this very interesting, i'm a very obvious fan of "modern wrestling" but it's always interesting to know about the past... i think it was Gorgeous george the first guy to be recognized as a "Gimmick wrestler", back then there wasn't many characters in Wrestling, just strong guys fighting but that era is the beginning of everything that would come later...

thevoid99
09-13-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm sure much of the old-school stuff is far more interesting than the bullshit we're being forced to watch. Besides, I want to see those great matches that Gorgeous George did. I bet he had more than.... 5 moves.

Maul
09-13-2014, 05:57 AM
So the Dust Brothers turn into heels just to start losing? That's their way of building up for a match? The heel tag team gets squashed before the ppv? D: Lawl

Piko
09-13-2014, 09:14 AM
I'd say "wait and see" on that. WWE has this logic that you should be booked weak in order to be put over and get a strong payoff. Then again, maybe they have dropped the ball with them.

That's the main reason their booking is so predictible. Book a champion to look weak, every time, only for him to "defy the odds".

thevoid99
09-14-2014, 03:18 PM
I finally saw ROH TV this morning as I DVRed it last night. The production was OK although I think they need to work on the audio which didn't match mouths moving. However, I did enjoy the wrestling as the match AJ Styles had w/ one of the tag team champs was pretty good as was the match between the Briscoes and the Young Bucks. I wanna check out more of what they do. It's a good alternative to WWE.

Fifey
09-15-2014, 03:37 PM
My boss and I are going to Night of Champions on Sunday. We'll be 3rd row behind the announcers, which are the best seats I've had for a WWE show since I got front row hard camera side for the Raw where Kevin Nash lost to Jericho in a hair vs. hair match.

Lesnar needs to squash Cena again. Let Cena attack Lesnar before the bell outside the ring and get his offense in before the match officially starts, but then when they get in the ring, Lesnar dominates Cena just like he did at Summerslam.

In my personal fantasy booking, I'd have Kurt Angle return to challenge Lesnar at the Rumble (since he's been talking seemingly non-stop about wanting to return for a last run), come up short after giving it all he's got, and then mentor and help train Daniel Bryan (your 2015 Rumble winner) for the Mania showdown. All of February and March, have a ton of people doubting that Bryan can even survive the match, let alone beat Brock. Lots of vignettes of Angle training Bryan, and of Brock just destroying indy guys that are Bryan-sized. Have Bryan pull out a clean win at Mania in a very competitive match, and then turn Angle heel the next night for a summer program to let Angle ride off into retirement by helping to put over Bryan big time. It'll never happen, but that's how I'd do it.

Piko
09-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Raw is in town tonight. Debating...

Maul
09-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Just watched the NXT from a couple weeks ago.Adam Rose sure can wrestle.Makes me wonder why the matches on RAW and SD are so dumbed down.So much talent and no way to showcase through the brand main show. Sigh*
Oh,and btw,I hope Paige retains at NOC. I don't even want to imagine a future with Nikki as the Divas Champion...

thevoid99
09-15-2014, 07:02 PM
My boss and I are going to Night of Champions on Sunday. We'll be 3rd row behind the announcers, which are the best seats I've had for a WWE show since I got front row hard camera side for the Raw where Kevin Nash lost to Jericho in a hair vs. hair match.

Lesnar needs to squash Cena again. Let Cena attack Lesnar before the bell outside the ring and get his offense in before the match officially starts, but then when they get in the ring, Lesnar dominates Cena just like he did at Summerslam.

In my personal fantasy booking, I'd have Kurt Angle return to challenge Lesnar at the Rumble (since he's been talking seemingly non-stop about wanting to return for a last run), come up short after giving it all he's got, and then mentor and help train Daniel Bryan (your 2015 Rumble winner) for the Mania showdown. All of February and March, have a ton of people doubting that Bryan can even survive the match, let alone beat Brock. Lots of vignettes of Angle training Bryan, and of Brock just destroying indy guys that are Bryan-sized. Have Bryan pull out a clean win at Mania in a very competitive match, and then turn Angle heel the next night for a summer program to let Angle ride off into retirement by helping to put over Bryan big time. It'll never happen, but that's how I'd do it.

I'd like this idea. I would be down for a Bryan-Kurt Angle feud. BTW, I ain't watching RAW tonight except for Brock Lesnar. Oh, and Paige needs to retain.

spiralout
09-16-2014, 04:17 AM
So.... I'm supposed to be excited for Night of Champions after tonight's episode of Raw?

What the hell man?

Piko
09-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Pretty poor go home show... I'm sure the ppv will be decent. They must have forgot the memo that they had a ppv to sell. It's that time of the year where everything goes down hill...

Kid Charlemagne
09-16-2014, 10:04 AM
This is better than last night's Raw
http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/09/good-morning-enjoy-bray-wyatt-being-bray-wyatt-on-a-cheesy-lafayette-morning-show/

Space Suicide
09-16-2014, 10:53 AM
I didn't even watch RAW.

Piko
09-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Didn't miss anything. Puzzled as to how they could put Rusev and Henry to close the show. Any other raw, fine. But, the final show to sell a ppv? Wtf? Just halfassed writing. It's like they've given up.

spiralout
09-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Didn't miss anything. Puzzled as to how they could put Rusev and Henry to close the show. Any other raw, fine. But, the final show to sell a ppv? Wtf? Just halfassed writing. It's like they've given up.

Seriously, it would have made more sense to close the show with the Bella's.....that's how bad I thought the ending of Raw was. Also, why did Reigns and Rollins have the exact match they are supposed to have at the PPV? With Reigns going over clean??

Not expecting much at NOC. Give me another NXT Takeover.

Piko
09-16-2014, 01:32 PM
The ppv s have been their only saving grace. No bullshit. Just wrestling. That's why I like NXT so much more. They have storylines, but only just enough to move things along. They actually allow them time to wrestle. Main roster is all storyline with little actual wrestling. And when we do get wrestling, it's so rushed and halfassed, that it just isn't worth caring about. A 3 hour program and I doubt we got a full hour worth of wrestling.

thevoid99
09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I only saw the Cena-Lesnar thing and man, that was underwhelming to say the least with the exception of the stuff from Paul Heyman's mouth. I'm now being close to just being done at this point. What will WWE gain if Cena does win? For me, this match between Cena and Lesnar is more than just about the WWE title but it's also about the company's future. Cena winning will not only do nothing for the WWE but it will be an affirmation that as long as Cena is still around, no one will ever be on top as long as Vince is still alive to ensure that Cena stays as the face of the company. Could you imagine Cena in his 50s still the WWE champion for the 30th time and burying talent that are young enough to be his children? God, that is depressing.

Piko
09-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Cena winning would do nothing but continue the complacency. Really don't understand why Vince is so sweet on Cena. Maybe he's old and doesn't want to build a new guy? This is the guy who made Hogan? Hogan left, and he finally gave Bret and Shawn their long deserved pushes. There's tons of people to build up. Yet, they keep passing the ball to Cena. Pass it to someone one else. Seems like Reigns is the next guy. Too soon imo. People are already starting to boo him. But I think it's more the booking's fault than it is Reigns. There's so many people who are hot with the crowds, yet they just kinda sit there while the show continues to revolve around Cena.

onthewall2983
09-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Vince didn't make Hogan. He was already red-hot in the AWA, but Verne Gagne wasn't savvy enough to keep him. Vince just capitalized it as best as he could, also didn't hurt that MSG was still homebase for them. Bret was pushed because he was A) clean at a time when they were moving away from muscled-up monsters and B) popular with the European markets WWE were starting to concentrate on. Shawn was pushed because he clamored for that spot and worked hard at it (not to say Bret didn't do the same, they both had been there for a long time by then).

gorast
09-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Seriously, it would have made more sense to close the show with the Bella's.....that's how bad I thought the ending of Raw was. Also, why did Reigns and Rollins have the exact match they are supposed to have at the PPV? With Reigns going over clean??

Not expecting much at NOC. Give me another NXT Takeover.

Rumors regarding the order of the events was that Cena/Lesnar was supposed to close the show, but the order was re-written to attempt to capitalize on the halftime break in the Colts/Eagles game, so we got stuck with that fucking awful Henry/Rusev segment to close the show.

Also, yeah, that Rollins/Reigns match was fucking weird. Guess what you'll see if you buy the PPV, guys? This exact same match, except maybe Dean Ambrose will crawl back out of the dumpster he lives in and return to fuck Seth Rollins's stupid caveman face.

I have to say, though, I'm really looking forward to Cena/Lesnar. It's only the third match since Lesnar's return against Cena, so it still feels kind of fresh. Plus, the Summerslam match barely counts when Cena got destroyed. I hope that happens again - it'll be interesting to see Cena thoroughly broken and tossed out of the title picture for a little while. Maybe Roman will get the belt next year as a result.

Space Suicide
09-16-2014, 03:31 PM
"Yo, who is talkin' bad about us, brother?!"

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/hogan.png