PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Torgo
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't play too much, but I thought I'd make a post to see if anyone else had an account here...

Or - you know - feel free to talk about how much you hate/love the idea of Pandaria.

jehuty
12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Pandaria... I guess it'll basically be more of the same. Subscription counts have steadily been dropping after Cataclysm released (I think they dropped about a million), and if I had to guess it's because WoW is getting old... But, they still have about 11 million which is much more than any MMO in the next few years will even come close to, so they'll probably do just fine for a long time.

Other than that I like the idea. The monk sounds like it'll go into a nice direction, and a fluffy cuddly world with pandas is always welcome. Just like with all other WoW expansions I will probably buy it (if I don't play The Old Republic by then), play one or two months, and then drop out again later.

con4cyn
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I cancelled my account. I kind of stopped playing because I get too easily distracted. I moved into my own place by myself, so I had to consider the monthly cost. It just wasn't worth it. That being said, I saw the Pandaria trailer, but it wasn't enough to keep me in the game. I might start back when it comes, though? Maybe?

Pillfred
12-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I haven't played in a while with school and such but I still get the urge to run some BG's with a few of my friends. I still enjoy playing BG's even though its usually a shit fest. That said I don't see myself spending more money just run BG's once this expansion comes out. Maybe sometime later this spring or summer when i have some money ill pick it back up. I'll probably play some till the xp comes out if i get internets at my apt by then. That said I know a bunch of people who plan on getting Star Wars so i may end just checking that out if I decide to head that route again.

Jacob's Ladder
12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
THIS GAME IS BAD FOR YOU.

Also, I'm was informed by two friends that I'm playing over winter break, so it is bad for me too. Also, also, Panda's are cute.

dolemite
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I have an account. I played through till about level 14 or 15, but I just found it waaaaay too dull and seeing the graphics was like taking a step back in time. Not that I have to have "great" graphics...but this game, gameplay wise and graphics wise, just seemed outdated and ancient to me. I've got a high-end system, so I'm used to seeing things in really high detail, and maybe that's why the graphics seemed so bad to me. Anyway, I'm a RPG person, so I'm sure that I will step back in at some point and try to play a little further, but I wound up trying out Rift and found it far, far better. It has faults of its own, but overall, I just enjoyed it a lot more, mainly because of the Rifting system where Rifts invade the gameplay world and force groups.

I've also been playing the SWTOR beta, and I've greatly enjoyed it. I've got the CE on pre-order.

I'll probably play some more WoW at some point, but not anytime soon. I can see why people like it, but I just felt like there were better products out there.

con4cyn
12-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I know with the new expansion they upped the graphics a bit. The graphics seem like they've kept with it since 2005, so it's easier to run it on low end machines.

con4cyn
12-07-2011, 12:29 PM
By the way, I'm up for going back if we can start an ETS guild. Otherwise I'll be bored.

dogsipod
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
By the way, I'm up for going back if we can start an ETS guild. Otherwise I'll be bored.

Shit! If this happens my wife will kill me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terryzen
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I've played it for a few months at a time over the years but have always liked the Korean games (Lineage 2, Aion) better and have played them more. I think when Diablo III comes out WoW subs will take a huge hit. I know I await it anxiously. I never played a game for longer than Diablo 2.

Hyperpower
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
the Mists talent patch goes live today!
servers should be up soon (hopefully) and im excited!
who else is gonna be playing?

dogsipod
05-22-2013, 12:05 PM
soooooo....im playing again. limiting my self to less then 4 hours a week. basically i play friday afternoons if i have nothing else to do.