PDA

View Full Version : A Plea for Caution From Russia - Sept 11

snaapz
09-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Thoughts? Russian propaganda? USA is aggressive and ignoring international law and pissing a lot of people off? Syria has been in "talks" for too long, time for phase 2 attack & eliminate? Opportunity for closer ties with Russia?

MOSCOW — RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html

http://www.canadiansolar.com/upload/logoflags/image_canadian_flag.gif I'd prefer UN forces move in and make it clear that the fighting is to STOP and that negations are to take place . Anyone who fires on UN forces will be detained or fired upon. I've seen more than enough footage of what's happening... neither side is prepared to battle France/Russia/Canada/USA/China/Italy etc... Together the UN can make it work. Even if it involves splitting Syria into two countries. Can't get along then the UN will figure it out for you.

Furthermore, Syria is a member of the UN. Why is the USA not defending a UN member against rebels? Oh... the gas. Need proof.

What do you think we (United Nations) should do, and what do you think the USA should do.

allegro
09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
I usually think Putin is a dick (esp. with his stance on gays) but I really like everything he said, here.

DigitalChaos
09-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Viewed on its own, I agree with every bit of this. When you consider the multiple points of hypocrisy from Putin, it's clear this is just some PR to give Putin a boost. Whatever though, this type of message needs to be heard by more people. This created quite a stir and propelled the message pretty far.