PDA

View Full Version : ninwiki

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Ryan
03-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Malechite, can you please add a thumbnail for Patriot's Day on the front page next to Before The Flood?

We'll also need to do it for The Vietnam War when the official cover is revealed later on.

implanted_microchip
03-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Where do all those lyrics for The New Flesh come from on the NINWiki page for it? I cannot for the life of me spot the "I've seen this scene a million times" lyrics save for "this is how it all begins" in either the Definitive Edition or We're In This Together single editions of the song, nor is the "Hold it close so I can taste it" lyric present or the "alive" at the end of "I've become" present. Maybe my ears are entirely failing me but I have no idea where these can be found in the mix. Is the 1999 vinyl version somehow containing a whole extra verse or something that I just don't know about?

seasonsinthesky
03-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Where do all those lyrics for The New Flesh come from on the NINWiki page for it? I cannot for the life of me spot the "I've seen this scene a million times" lyrics save for "this is how it all begins" in either the Definitive Edition or We're In This Together single editions of the song, nor is the "Hold it close so I can taste it" lyric present or the "alive" at the end of "I've become" present. Maybe my ears are entirely failing me but I have no idea where these can be found in the mix. Is the 1999 vinyl version somehow containing a whole extra verse or something that I just don't know about?

Those are printed in the vinyl lyrics book. Just like many PHM songs, there are lots of unsung lines. "Alive" is very much present, though – it's just that all that cuts through is the "iiiiiiiii" part of the word.

implanted_microchip
03-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Those are printed in the vinyl lyrics book. Just like many PHM songs, there are lots of unsung lines. "Alive" is very much present, though – it's just that all that cuts through is the "iiiiiiiii" part of the word.

I figured it had to come from the lyric booklet for the vinyl release, but normally NINWiki is really good about denoting what lyrics aren't actually sung or are sung but not printed. Thanks for clarifying!

Jon
03-07-2017, 08:44 AM
I figured it had to come from the lyric booklet for the vinyl release

Here's a really quick picture:

http://i63.tinypic.com/wtf5er.jpg

Ryan
03-09-2017, 03:45 PM
^ Might be a good idea to add that to ninwiki.

Also might be interesting to make note of how the lyrics are stylised and how it matches that of Demon Seed with a possible correlation (if not already noted in depth). Also interesting how stanza 3 references The Becoming lyrics, Mr. Self Destruct lyrics and the "this is how it all begins" is said in the HTDA song Recursive Self-Improvement.

Also also interesting to note how he can "take it" in The New Flesh but begs to "make it stop" in Complications of the Flesh. Trent is a great puzzle maker. Let's call him Pinhead II.

Meanwhile, I've added an image of the printing of "Halo Twenty Nine" to the NTAE page next to an image of the physical component.

Kulerage
03-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Also might be interesting to make note of how the lyrics are stylised and how it matches that of Demon Seed with a possible correlation (if not already noted in
It's also the same method used in The Greater Good

Ryan
03-09-2017, 08:00 PM
It's also the same method used in The Greater Good

Hmmm... Very interesting, Watson. *strokes beard*

seasonsinthesky
03-09-2017, 08:16 PM
The only thing TNF, TGG and DS have in common is the lyric printing style. I guess they're all kinda creepy too.

ninjaw
03-10-2017, 02:22 AM
Meanwhile, I've added an image of the printing of "Halo Twenty Nine" to the NTAE page next to an image of the physical component.

It's amazing I'm the only one who shot it, and asked 2 others to do it ... I received an answer from a fouth one claiming she got one different but didn't know how to send a picture... on facebook !
Also the best picture would be one with all pages, unfortunaly mine got my middle finger on it :)

Ryan
03-10-2017, 03:44 AM
The only thing TNF, TGG and DS have in common is the lyric printing style. I guess they're all kinda creepy too.

I'm wondering why Trent used that particular lyric style for those particular songs.

bwary
03-11-2017, 10:32 PM
On the She's Gone Away page, it mentions the embedded lyrics of Reptile; and also says they're "printed on the physical component." It'd be nice for further clarification and a separate entry concerning the physical component (the lyrics aren't simply "printed", but rather a true and full image from page 14 of the TDS Deluxe Edition booklet)... maybe even add an image of the Physical Component sheet and as well as an image of page 14)

Jon
03-12-2017, 04:18 AM
On the She's Gone Away page, it mentions the embedded lyrics of Reptile; and also says they're "printed on the physical component." It'd be nice for further clarification and a separate entry concerning the physical component (the lyrics aren't simply "printed", but rather a true and full image from page 14 of the TDS Deluxe Edition booklet)... maybe even add an image of the Physical Component sheet and as well as an image of page 14)

I have no clue how to word the entry, but I think the word missing is superimpose(d):

The lyrics for "She's Gone Away" are superimposed over a copy of page 14 from the TDS Deluxe Edition booklet.

I think it's important to note that it's a copy/re-creation/etc. to further the Not The Actual Events "concept" apparent in the artwork.

EDIT: "Overlay" works as well but is probably less succinct than "superimpose".

Ryan
03-12-2017, 05:30 AM
I have no clue how to word the entry, but I think the word missing is superimpose(d):

The lyrics for "She's Gone Away" are superimposed over a copy of page 14 from the TDS Deluxe Edition booklet.

I think it's important to note that it's a copy/re-creation/etc. to further the Not The Actual Events "concept" apparent in the artwork.

EDIT: "Overlay" works as well but is probably less succinct than "superimpose".

The amount of impressive OCD and clarity in this post has me very randy.

Ryan
03-12-2017, 04:59 PM
How's this?

http://www.nin.wiki/She%27s_Gone_Away#Lyrics

patj825
03-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Is it worth adding any of these HTDA lyrics to the Recurring Lyrics section? Apologies if I missed them and they are there already.

See right through myself...

Keep It Together (HTDA)
"I can see right through myself"

Only (NIN)
"Sometimes I think I can see right through myself"

------

tiny little dot/window (this may be a stretch)...

A Drowning (HTDA)
"There's a tiny little window"

Only(NIN)
"Well the tiniest little dot caught my eye"

GrayscaleRain
04-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Putting up a few things for the upcoming tour dates. Also noodling around on the Fragile: Deviations stuff. ^_^

BRoswell
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Is it worth adding any of these HTDA lyrics to the Recurring Lyrics section? Apologies if I missed them and they are there already.

See right through myself...

Keep It Together (HTDA)
"I can see right through myself"

Only (NIN)
"Sometimes I think I can see right through myself"

------

tiny little dot/window (this may be a stretch)...

A Drowning (HTDA)
"There's a tiny little window"

Only(NIN)
"Well the tiniest little dot caught my eye"

Good question. There's also "I can't (seem to) tell if I am dreaming anymore", which appears in "We Fade Away" as well as "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)".

Ryan
04-02-2017, 07:40 PM
And "this is how it all begins" in Recursive Self-Improvement / The New Flesh.

Jon
05-13-2017, 10:23 AM
The individual page for "The Idea Of You" does not contain the BPM, while the List of BPM Rates page does (120 BPM).

Also, I'm not sure what happened, but I'm pretty sure that 64 BPM for "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)" should be 128 BPM.

EDIT: Burning Bright (Field On Fire) (https://songbpm.com/nine-inch-nails-burning-bright?q=nine%20inch%20nails%20burning%20bright), data provided by/gathered from Spotify.

EDIT 2: The link seems to only be valid for so long, but it's from http://songbpm.com

EDIT 3:

BEFORE THE FLOOD SOUNDTRACK

01 - Before The Flood = 130 BPM
02 - A Minute To Breathe = 116 BPM
03 - Between Two Poles = 74 BPM
06 - And When The Sky Was Opened = 66 BPM
08 - Trembling = 125 BPM
11 - At Dusk = 137 BPM
12 - Thin Ice Reimagined = 74 BPM
13 - Disappearing Act = 146 BPM
15 - 8 Billion = 135 BPM
16 - One Perfect Moment = 70 BPM
17 - A Minute Later = 89 BPM

PATRIOTS DAY SOUNDTRACK

01 - Them And Us - 178 BPM
02 - We Forget Who We Are = 71 BPM
03 - The Place You Are Right Now = 132 BPM
04 - Inquiries = 72 BPM
05 - Trails = 76 BPM
06 - Broken Glass = 102 BPM
07 - Nobody Cares About Me = 88 BPM
08 - The Night Drive = 120 BPM
09 - Escape = 120 BPM
10 - Terminus = 169 BPM
11 - Long Shadows On The Street = 67 BPM
12 - Resolve = 126 BPM

Ryan
06-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Did anyone add the TRAR "Green Lines" piano composition to ninwiki?

edit: http://www.nin.wiki/Green_Lines

Ryan
07-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Should we note that, as of the Apple Music release of The Fraggle instrumentals, TR has decided to remove the parnetheses from ripe (with decay) and it's now officially printed as ripe with decay?

Ryan
07-01-2017, 05:32 AM
my voice just echoes off these walls.

fillow
07-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Except Apple Music/TFD1 version of the song is different, so I ain't removing any brackets from Halo 14 version tags.

Ryan
07-01-2017, 06:39 AM
I'm just assuming TR forgot and naming them all with brackets.

Jon
07-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Should we note that, as of the Apple Music release of The Fraggle instrumentals, TR has decided to remove the parnetheses from ripe (with decay) and it's now officially printed as ripe with decay?

As already pointed out, it's a different version of "Ripe".

The lack of parentheses keeps things simple artistically. Lowercase lettering and brackets. Nice and clean.

I would hold off until the version from the CD/Digital configuration of The Fragile becomes "Ripe With Decay". We don't know at this point if it was done simply for style/uniformity.

Wulgaren
07-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Is there any reason for Patriots Day not being on the homepage under "Soundtracks & Scores" section of ninwiki?

piggy
07-04-2017, 11:52 PM
No one with the authority to do so has put the link/thumbnail on it yet. I used to be able to edit the main page, but the most recent overhaul of the wiki changed the permissions.

Ryan
07-05-2017, 02:06 AM
Is there any reason for Patriots Day not being on the homepage under "Soundtracks & Scores" section of ninwiki?

@Malechite (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7), we need this and The Vietnam War linked on the main page.

are you able to give @piggy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=568) main page permissions again so she can make these edits when needed?

Ryan
07-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Created the pages for Less Than and Add Violence.

sheepdean
07-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Should we give ourselves (me) more work and give all of Atticus' scores their own page too?

ninjaw
07-22-2017, 02:45 AM
sure

sheepdean
07-22-2017, 04:42 AM
sure
Followup: ALL scores or just released ones? Touching Evil would be tough for example

ninjaw
07-22-2017, 04:45 AM
Followup: ALL scores or just released ones? Touching Evil would be tough for example

I cannot answer clearly, i'm in love with that soundtrack

sheepdean
07-22-2017, 04:54 AM
I cannot answer clearly, i'm in love with that soundtrack
If you've got a full version of it you should really inbox me then :P

Also: should I front page them? New section? Just link from Atticus' page?

ninjaw
07-22-2017, 05:55 AM
If you've got a full version of it you should really inbox me then :P

Also: should I front page them? New section? Just link from Atticus' page?

No, I only have left that famous long version mix of the theme

Jon
08-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Additional vocals on "Less Than": Sharlotte Gibson & Allison Iraheta

eversonpoe
08-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Additional vocals on "Less Than": Sharlotte Gibson & Allison Iraheta

Allison Iraheta is an American singer from Los Angeles, California, who was the fourth place finalist on the eighth season of American Idol.

huh. that's kinda cool. wonder how trent got her involved?

piggy
08-15-2017, 03:32 AM
Sharlotte probably recommended her, due to her involvement with AI.

seasonsinthesky
08-19-2017, 03:19 PM
So are we doing version entries of you-know-which songs that are featured on NTAE side B? Or do these just get a mention under the album version?

piggy
08-19-2017, 11:43 PM
I've placed them under the album version since there really isn't much to be said about them. If you guys think they should have their own entries, let me know and I'll tweak my work.

Jon
08-20-2017, 09:41 AM
I've placed them under the album version since there really isn't much to be said about them. If you guys think they should have their own entries, let me know and I'll tweak my work.

From an organizational standpoint, does it make sense to have, say, "Hurt (Reverse)" listed seperately? You're right, there isn't much description to add at this point. I was just thinking perhaps since it's an officially released work and does vary from the original, it might be worth it's own entry?

piggy
08-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Well, it's a tough call. I also thought that leaving them as a tiny sidenote would help to preserve their status as interesting little surprises for people to find, but maybe there's no need for that. I'm also wondering if they should be on the list of remixes and alternate versions. Anyone else wanna chime in on this and help us decide?

Kulerage
08-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Well, it's a tough call. I also thought that leaving them as a tiny sidenote would help to preserve their status as interesting little surprises for people to find, but maybe there's no need for that. I'm also wondering if they should be on the list of remixes and alternate versions. Anyone else wanna chime in on this and help us decide?
I don't think a simple reversal is enough to constitute a full other version paragraph, but should definitely be mentioned in their respective songs Album version paragraphs. Then again I can't edit the wiki, so

seasonsinthesky
08-22-2017, 04:19 PM

The wiki is a bit undecided overall about this kind of thing. Single and vinyl versions get lumped into the album version description, but radio edits don't, do they? Seems like it needs to be all-or-nothing imo: either list every officially released variation separately, or group things together by halo release and include descriptions for edited/alternate versions under those.

spahn
09-25-2017, 01:05 PM
I noticed on this page http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers, there is no reference to Gone Girl whatsoever. Although it does not have a Null number, should it no be referenced much in the same way Juno is?

gorast
09-25-2017, 01:43 PM
I noticed on this page http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers, there is no reference to Gone Girl whatsoever. Although it does not have a Null number, should it no be referenced much in the same way Juno is?

The thought there is that The Null Corporation wasn't involved in Gone Girl at all; it was published entirely by Columbia, so with no Null number, it's not relevant.

Senateguard33
09-25-2017, 04:08 PM
I think Gone, Girl was supposed to be through Null, originally. Since it wasn't, they went ahead and skipped the catalog number and proceeded with Null 04 for Before the Flood. When Patriot's Day comes out on Vinyl, it should be Null 05. And of course, The Vietnam War is Null 06.

If Null re-issues Gone, Girl, somewhere down the line, it should have the Null 03 label.

ninjaw
09-26-2017, 02:07 AM
I think Gone, Girl was supposed to be through Null, originally. Since it wasn't, they went ahead and skipped the catalog number and proceeded with Null 04 for Before the Flood. When Patriot's Day comes out on Vinyl, it should be Null 05. And of course, The Vietnam War is Null 06.
If Null re-issues Gone, Girl, somewhere down the line, it should have the Null 03 label.

Now... why aren't we saying the obvious on ninwiki ?

Senateguard33
09-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Now... why aren't we saying the obvious on ninwiki ?

I concur. Even though it doesn't say Null 03, that's what it's supposed to be. Much like how the UK "Closer" release doesn't say Halo Nine, but everyone knows that's what it is.

ninjaw
09-26-2017, 10:49 AM
I concur. Even though it doesn't say Null 03, that's what it's supposed to be. Much like how the UK "Closer" release doesn't say Halo Nine, but everyone knows that's what it is.

At least ninwiki has to feed holes in a smaller note. Because wiki is here to say the obvious.

piggy
09-26-2017, 05:27 PM
I've made some changes to reflect what you guys have been discussing.

sonic_discord
09-26-2017, 05:33 PM
I've made some changes to reflect what you guys have been discussing.

How about adding the Vietnam War score to the front page?
Edit: and adding the new tour date (vegas, Oct 20) to the I Can't Seem to Wake Up page

Kulerage
09-26-2017, 05:52 PM
Have you considered adding more in depth descriptions of the EP's songs?

piggy
09-26-2017, 10:39 PM
I'm not able to edit the main page. My authority was inadvertently taken away when the wiki was revamped. Wish I didn't have that problem, as people request main page edits from me all the time and I'd like to be able to oblige them. I have added the new tour date. As for song descriptions, there is someone who typically does those and does a really good job that I wouldn't be able to do. Can't remember who it is at the moment.

ninjaw
10-01-2017, 01:04 AM
You edited the warm place page... was thinking about the illandro vocal mix thing... the description has nothing to do with the text along the official download page ? She was saying it was an unofficial mix but trent liked it and invited her in studio ?

piggy
10-02-2017, 05:10 AM
Both paragraphs do reference the Stigmata soundtrack, but I changed the description with some info I gathered from remix.nin.com to make it shorter and more straightforward.

ninjaw
10-02-2017, 05:35 AM
Both paragraphs do reference the Stigmata soundtrack, but I changed the description with some info I gathered from remix.nin.com to make it shorter and more straightforward.

I see the whole text is included. I guess I simply didn't see that before on my mobile, sorry.

Destruct26
01-01-2018, 10:11 PM
I posted this in the Fragile Deviations 1 thread. The feedback on it seems to explain it to be legit!
Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:
https://youtu.be/Qa8kCQQUjHM

Stone
01-01-2018, 10:55 PM
I posted this in the Fragile Deviations 1 thread. The feedback on it seems to explain it to be legit!
Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:
https://youtu.be/Qa8kCQQUjHMThat movie is fucking great! Miiiiitch!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jon
01-15-2018, 12:57 PM
http://www.nin.wiki/In_pop_culture

Film - The Fan

Only "The Art of Self Destruction, Part One" is listed.

"Closer (Further Away)" is used when Gil (Robert De Niro) stabs Primo (Benicio Del Toro) in the sauna.

"Closer To God" is also used but I currently can't remember how/where. It's there.

piggy
01-16-2018, 12:39 AM
That's been added. Thanks.

chuenthez
01-30-2018, 06:50 AM
I don't know where, but maybe the "Better Alone" playlist worth been mentioned, along with its artwork ?

piggy
01-30-2018, 09:27 PM
I was thinking about doing that myself, actually. I just put up a page for it.

jmtd
03-15-2018, 11:25 AM
I back up nin.wiki to archive.org annually. This year's backup is up: https://archive.org/details/wiki-www.nin.wiki-20180313

ninjaw
03-16-2018, 04:38 AM
The item is not available due to issues with the item's content.

ninjaw
03-28-2018, 04:30 AM
We are missing the picture of the scrapped woman in this part :

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Day_The_World_Went_Away_(song)#Music_Video

Text is mentioning a women, but we have an official picture of this woman back on the first nin.com website, it would be a very nice addition to the wiki ?

jmtd
03-29-2018, 02:33 PM
The item is not available due to issues with the item's content.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll see if I can get that fixed. Last year’s dump is still up, at least.

ninjaw
04-04-2018, 03:55 AM
We are missing the picture of the scrapped woman in this part :

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Day_The_World_Went_Away_(song)#Music_Video

Text is mentioning a women, but we have an official picture of this woman back on the first nin.com website, it would be a very nice addition to the wiki ?

I added that picture

spahn
05-15-2018, 01:01 PM
question / observation: in listening to some nin.com exclusive remixes that were offered back in the day, I noticed that these version often link back to remix.nin.com which has been defunct for quite some time. Should we remove the link altogether or try to link it back to a WayBack URL?

StockAvuryah
05-15-2018, 01:20 PM
question / observation: in listening to some nin.com exclusive remixes that were offered back in the day, I noticed that these version often link back to remix.nin.com which has been defunct for quite some time. Should we remove the link altogether or try to link it back to a WayBack URL?

IMO it should all point to a wayback url and/or another website hosting it. Is it possible to host it on wiki directly ? Only way it can be eternally kept.

Also, anyone wants an explanation of the transcription + literal translation of La Mer I did a few weeks (or months) ago ? Idk that's interesting to anyone, but it's quite.

TheBang
05-15-2018, 02:18 PM
There's an archive here:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22remix.nin.com%22

piggy
05-15-2018, 03:23 PM
I went through and changed all of those links to archive.org ones like a month ago or something. They should all be functional now.

Now I need someone who can edit the main page to change the "I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017" link to the "NIN 2017-2018" page that I made.

spahn
05-15-2018, 03:31 PM
I went through and changed all of those links to archive.org ones like a month ago or something. They should all be functional now.

Now I need someone who can edit the main page to change the "I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017" link to the "NIN 2017-2018" page that I made.

The La Mer (Version) still links to remix.nin.com

http://www.nin.wiki/La_Mer

piggy
05-15-2018, 04:03 PM
The La Mer (Version) still links to remix.nin.com

http://www.nin.wiki/La_Mer
I just checked it and it has an archive.org link. Is there a different song you're thinking of?

BTW, may I ask why you wanted to revert to the smaller version of the Bad Witch back cover?

spahn
05-15-2018, 04:16 PM
I just checked it and it has an archive.org link. Is there a different song you're thinking of?

BTW, may I ask why you wanted to revert to the smaller version of the Bad Witch back cover?

I think we were referencing two different things. The paragraph reads: A

n nin.com exclusive from The Fragile era, this remix by Jerome Dillon (http://www.nin.wiki/Jerome_Dillon) and Keith Hillebrandt (http://www.nin.wiki/Keith_Hillebrandt) features much more percussion-oriented loops, using atmospheric and base elements from the original. The track is currently available for download at the remix.nin.com (http://www.nin.wiki/Remix.nin.com) website. <-- that is not the case. I get that it references what remix.nin.com but I guess we should change it to read "The track was previously available for download at the remix.nin.com website.

And the reason I reverted it back because it was just showing a black box image not the actual back of Bad Witch. I thought that was done in error, so I reverted back. Feel free to change back, if there is a larger image that you uploaded.

piggy
05-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out and I've fixed it now. I'll see if I can figure out what happened with the Bad Witch cover art. I had uploaded a bigger one and didn't realize it got messed up.

spahn
05-16-2018, 11:47 AM
God Break Down the Door wiki page created. http://www.nin.wiki/God_Break_Down_The_Door
My first full page creation so feel free to edit as needed. :)

ninjaw
05-17-2018, 03:45 AM
God Break Down the Door wiki page created. http://www.nin.wiki/God_Break_Down_The_Door
My first full page creation so feel free to edit as needed. :)

It's missing infos about all the covers, the bowie strange mood, and apparently, there is a better quality leak from an australian resalier at the same time ?

jmtd
05-17-2018, 03:52 AM
Leak quality isn’t relevant to the wiki imho. In roughly a month we won’t need leaks anyway.

ninjaw
05-17-2018, 04:22 AM
Leak quality isn’t relevant to the wiki imho. In roughly a month we won’t need leaks anyway.

Right now we cannot be sure of what happened, NIN has an history about leaking and/or releasing after leaks, those leaks seems to lead to a single release and/or immediate download

jmtd
05-17-2018, 07:16 AM
Right now we cannot be sure of what happened, NIN has an history about leaking and/or releasing after leaks, those leaks seems to lead to a single release and/or immediate download

That's basically my point; in a short while (longest period a month to LP release but likely much shorter) the track will be properly available and so the issue of different leaks and their relative quality won't matter.

StockAvuryah
05-18-2018, 06:02 AM
Why not do a wiki page for The Trilogy ?

That way we can make a summary of the overarching themes, put every bit of informations we have on the narrative, put all the similarities, etc...

I thought of that when I saw the interview extract duplicated three times on each album page by @piggy (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=568). Seems redundant.

They said it was an alternate way of releasing an album in three pieces, so why not.

Jon
05-18-2018, 08:34 AM
From the "Formats" section of the Bad Witch article:

A white vinyl Spotify exclusive edition was also offered.

A 180 gram off-white vinyl (pressing), limited to 2400 pieces, was also available exclusively through Merchbar as part of #SpotifyFansFirst.

A limited edition pressing of 2400, 180 gram off-white vinyl was also available exclusively through Merchbar as part of #SpotifyFansFirst.

-----------------------------------------------------

Not really sure; both sound bloated when contained to one sentence. At the very least, the current entry should have the word "limited" or an exact pressing number. Also, it's for sure off-white.

-----------------------------------------------------

Speaking of formats, is it possible to have all the release dates of various formats consolidated somewhere near the top? It seems like this was the "plan", but recently I've had to scroll down to the "Formats" section to find release dates for physical media (the "Trilogy" and some TR/AR works spring to mind). Like I said, it's not a widespread issue, just some (new) inconsistency.

spahn
05-18-2018, 08:48 AM
I modified it using the Merchbar verbiage and your recommendation. Nincatalog has also been updated with the Spotify exclusive.

Jon
05-18-2018, 08:51 AM
I modified it using the Merchbar verbiage and your recommendation. Nincatalog has also been updated with the Spotify exclusive.

Zippy!

The Merchbar site has it listed as 2400 total... is it supposed to be 2500?

spahn
05-18-2018, 08:53 AM
I am not sure really, since the Spotify email said 2500. I'll change to 2400 since that what is on the site.

piggy
05-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Speaking of formats, is it possible to have all the release dates of various formats consolidated somewhere near the top? It seems like this was the "plan", but recently I've had to scroll down to the "Formats" section to find release dates for physical media (the "Trilogy" and some TR/AR works spring to mind). Like I said, it's not a widespread issue, just some (new) inconsistency.
I took care of this issue recently, forgot to post about it.

Jon
05-29-2018, 10:00 AM
this goes on, and on...

"This Isn't The Place (http://www.nin.wiki/This_Isn%27t_The_Place)" article incorrectly lists Cedocore drug from video as "Sotriviol". Should be S-O-T-I-R-I-V-O-L.

spahn
05-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Jon fixed

Destruct26
05-30-2018, 12:52 AM
Samples section needs to be updated for ‘Feeders’ from Deviations 1 with the sample from ‘Real Genius’ (its a page or two back on this thread). I’d do it myself but I suck ;)

piggy
05-31-2018, 04:43 PM
Samples section needs to be updated for ‘Feeders’ from Deviations 1 with the sample from ‘Real Genius’ (its a page or two back on this thread). I’d do it myself but I suck ;)
Done and done. Also added to the "Feeders" page.

Jon
06-01-2018, 09:43 AM
The track art that comes with the 24-bit versions of The Slip varies slightly in the cropping from what is embedded in the MP3 files (cannot speak for the 16-bit FLAC). I've pointed this out I think three times now, along with links to the artwork. It's been awhile, so I'll try again.

Is this something y'all want added to the wiki? If not, I'd rather hear a "no" so I can let it go.

I just re-read this and realized I sound like a dick...

spahn
06-01-2018, 01:00 PM
can I get an edit on the following page since I don't have permissions to do so:

http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

We need to remove the Painful Convictions Link since it's no longer active.

If I can get NIN Catalog - nincatalog.com added on there, since I also help maintain that site, I'd appreciate.

Also, some of the links on the smaller sites section needs to be removed as they are no longer active.

zecho
06-01-2018, 02:02 PM
The track art that comes with the 24-bit versions of The Slip varies slightly in the cropping from what is embedded in the MP3 files (cannot speak for the 16-bit FLAC). I've pointed this out I think three times now, along with links to the artwork. It's been awhile, so I'll try again.

Is this something y'all want added to the wiki? If not, I'd rather hear a "no" so I can let it go.

If I remember correctly, Rob actually said that the weird things at the bottom of the track art weren't supposed to be there, so the track art on ninwiki is actually mostly wrong, using the accidentally glitched artwork from before it was fixed.

piggy
06-02-2018, 02:32 AM

This issue is all fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, as there were lots of inconsistencies with the images. Now they are all 1200x1200 corrected versions.

ninlive
06-02-2018, 03:36 AM
can I get an edit on the following page since I don't have permissions to do so:

If I can get NIN Catalog - nincatalog.com added on there, since I also help maintain that site, I'd appreciate.

It's a great resource that I stumble upon frequently. Thank you for maintaining that.

Since I can't sleep tonight, I was looking through my error logs of ninlive and noticed this link on the Wiki is dead and is on this page: http://www.nin.wiki/The_Beauty_Of_The_Drug. That is from the old server that I never had usage on. May want to remove that link altogether.

Thanks!

piggy
06-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Disturbed links have been removed.

Jon
06-03-2018, 09:14 AM
I'll admit: I just now realized that saving an image from the wiki results in an image which is about 1/3 the size of the original. I'm assuming this is intentional as its site wide? Whether I click on the thumbnail preview or the "Original File" link, I get the same results.

Also, super nitpicky: Is there a version of the corrected art for "1,000,000" that wasn't a PSB file? I ask because based on the file size listed for the "1,000,000" artwork, it appears that it was incorrectly saved at a quality of 90. The rest of the art is 92. I get a file size of 338 KB (just slightly smaller than "999,999").

TheBang
06-03-2018, 01:32 PM
I just now realized that saving an image from the wiki results in an image which is about 1/3 the size of the original. I'm assuming this is intentional as its site wide? Whether I click on the thumbnail preview or the "Original File" link, I get the same results.
Not for me. "Original File" gives me a high resolution image file (if available).

Jon
06-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Not for me. "Original File" gives me a high resolution image file (if available).

Fucking hell, I wish I could facepalm myself. Normal behavior for Opera to shave off pixels when running in "Turbo". Thanks.

piggy
06-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Also, super nitpicky: Is there a version of the corrected art for "1,000,000" that wasn't a PSB file? I ask because based on the file size listed for the "1,000,000" artwork, it appears that it was incorrectly saved at a quality of 90. The rest of the art is 92. I get a file size of 338 KB (just slightly smaller than "999,999").
I don't know, but I found your post on page 9 and if you still have the corrected version that you made, feel free to upload it to the wiki.

zecho
06-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Why is the album art for NTAE yellow?

StockAvuryah
06-05-2018, 10:57 AM

Because Piggy choose yellowish pictures but it's actually black and white from what my vinyl and cd look like

sonic_discord
06-05-2018, 12:06 PM
I feel like it might be worth mentioning on the Beside You in Time (tour documentary, not the song) page that the poster given away at listening parties (and possibly pre-orders? I can't remember how I got mine) was actually the original concept for the cover of the DVD and was conceived as a "live" version of the With Teeth cover, as Rob mentioned on The Spiral (and documented on this Live Journal site (https://lady-irena.livejournal.com/137100.html)). After all, the Bleedthrough artwork is shown on the With Teeth page, as well as the early concepts for The Fragile's cover.

piggy
06-05-2018, 11:40 PM

Because Piggy choose yellowish pictures but it's actually black and white from what my vinyl and cd look like
They do look a bit yellower than they should. In reality they are off-white, but I have tweaked the images to make them less yellow.

r_z
06-06-2018, 10:58 AM
I feel like it might be worth mentioning on the Beside You in Time (tour documentary, not the song) page that the poster given away at listening parties (and possibly pre-orders? I can't remember how I got mine) was actually the original concept for the cover of the DVD and was conceived as a "live" version of the With Teeth cover, as Rob mentioned on The Spiral (and documented on this Live Journal site (https://lady-irena.livejournal.com/137100.html)). After all, the Bleedthrough artwork is shown on the With Teeth page, as well as the early concepts for The Fragile's cover.
Is there a picture of said poster somewhere? I don't think I ever saw it.

Jon
06-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Is there a picture of said poster somewhere? I don't think I ever saw it.

From the linked LJ page:

https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd203/Sweet_Irena/The_Spiral/byit_litho.jpg

zecho
06-06-2018, 11:50 AM
They do look a bit yellower than they should. In reality they are off-white, but I have tweaked the images to make them less yellow.

Why not just use the official album art provided by the band?

sonic_discord
06-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Why not just use the official album art provided by the band?

This was discussed like a page ago. The CD version is preferred by the mods as the definitive artwork. I personally would just use the artwork found on nin.com too, but whatever, not that big of a deal.

zecho
06-06-2018, 01:48 PM
This was discussed like a page ago. The CD version is preferred by the mods as the definitive artwork. I personally would just use the artwork found on nin.com too, but whatever, not that big of a deal.

I agree with that idea. They use the covers on their website that I'd assume they want most associated with the albums. Either way, this is the only cover on the wiki that's a straight photo of the album. I just don't think it looks very good. I think it should either be changed to the official art, or if the cd thing is a super strict rule, then a better scan of the cd version.

piggy
06-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Alright, everything has been revamped on NTAE. Main art is back to the main digital art and there's a different version of the vinyl art.

I think I need a drink now...

zecho
06-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all your hard work! No more nags from me :p

TheBang
06-08-2018, 04:23 AM
Shouldn't the Vietnam War be added to the Soundtrack section on the front page?

sonic_discord
06-08-2018, 09:20 AM
I hate to nitpick, but the icon for NTAE on the front page still appears to be the yellowish scan.

zecho
06-08-2018, 12:12 PM
I hate to nitpick, but the icon for NTAE on the front page still appears to be the yellowish scan.

It looks fixed to me. Maybe it hasn't updated in your cache yet.

piggy
06-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Yeah, my browser takes forever to register changed images on the wiki. It'll eventually show you the original icon.

sonic_discord
06-08-2018, 04:59 PM
It looks fixed to me. Maybe it hasn't updated in your cache yet.

Yep, that was it. Hard refresh fixed it! Also, thanks to whoever took my advice about putting the poster/original artwork up on the halo 22 page!

piggy
06-08-2018, 11:17 PM
That was me. Forgot to mention it, because I was kind of in a hurry when I did it.

spahn
06-12-2018, 03:22 PM

Also, some of the links on the smaller sites section needs to be removed as they are no longer active.
piggy, can I get this updated?

piggy
06-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Would love to help you with that if I could and would have done it as soon as you posted about it, but I don't have the authority to edit the "friends" section.

piggy
06-13-2018, 04:20 PM
So now that it's time to start creating pages for shows that have happened, here are the pages I've made for tour stuff.

The festivals leg is here:
http://www.nin.wiki/Festivals_2018

The Cold And Black And Infinite leg is here:
http://www.nin.wiki/Cold_And_Black_And_Infinite_Tour

The main hub for 2017-2018 is here:
http://www.nin.wiki/NIN_2017-2018

Paging @sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/350-sheepdean)... We need some help. We need 2017-2018 tour hub in place of the ICSTWU tour on main page, The Vietnam War Original Score added to main page, and the above tweaks to the friends page. Please and thank you.

TheBang
06-13-2018, 10:05 PM
I'd suggest the following tweaks to Friends:

Add to major sites:
nincatalog.com
/r/nin
NIN Tour History (moved from smaller section)
NIN Live (update name and URL from Reflecting in the Chrome)

Add to smaller sites:
NinNewsFr

StockAvuryah
06-27-2018, 09:03 AM
So now that it's time to start creating pages for shows that have happened, here are the pages I've made for tour stuff.

The festivals leg is here:
http://www.nin.wiki/Festivals_2018

The Cold And Black And Infinite leg is here:
http://www.nin.wiki/Cold_And_Black_And_Infinite_Tour

The main hub for 2017-2018 is here:
http://www.nin.wiki/NIN_2017-2018

Paging @sheepdean (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/350-sheepdean)... We need some help. We need 2017-2018 tour hub in place of the ICSTWU tour on main page, The Vietnam War Original Score added to main page, and the above tweaks to the friends page. Please and thank you.

Could the "Festivals 2018" be renamed to Europe 2018 ? It's the official name, and is more appropriate.

edit : looks like i'm stupid because it includes way more than that. So Europe and Asia 2018 ? There's not only festivals. Or Eurasia if you feel fancy.

spahn
06-27-2018, 09:08 AM
I'd suggest the following tweaks to Friends:

Add to major sites:
nincatalog.com
/r/nin
NIN Tour History (moved from smaller section)
NIN Live (update name and URL from Reflecting in the Chrome)

Add to smaller sites:
NinNewsFr

@Malechite (http://www.nin.wiki/User:Malechite), can you assist with this?

piggy
06-28-2018, 04:41 AM
Could the "Festivals 2018" be renamed to Europe 2018 ? It's the official name, and is more appropriate.

edit : looks like i'm stupid because it includes way more than that. So Europe and Asia 2018 ? There's not only festivals. Or Eurasia if you feel fancy.
I went with 'Festivals 2018' because it's still mostly festivals, but I've changed it to 'Europe + Asia 2018' and put the Vegas shows in their own mini leg (like the Alternative Nation dates from 1995.)

ninjaw
06-28-2018, 05:06 AM
Actualy shirts are focused on europe 2018 and so far there wasn't real fest at all ! (4 dates)

spahn
06-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Some random thoughts:

1. Why do some pages have the ability of a "Show simplified view" in Chrome on Android and some don't?

2. I would love to see a mobile app version of NINwiki much in the same vain as the fandom apps for Marvel and Star Wars. I am sure this would be a pretty big undertaking but it would be cool and easier to access on a mobile device.

StockAvuryah
07-02-2018, 12:34 PM
If anyone has any crazy rare logo to share for http://www.nin.wiki/Logo_History, go ahead

(or just normal ones eh, it's a beginning)

zecho
07-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Good job! I was really hoping someone would do this. One thing, though. The Sin and Broken logos are mixed up.

StockAvuryah
07-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Good job! I was really hoping someone would do this. One thing, though. The Sin and Broken logos are mixed up.

Woops, thank you

sonic_discord
07-02-2018, 07:11 PM
The "Cold and Black and Infinite" one looks like someone just rotated the Fragile-era logo, but both the Ns are now facing the wrong directions. There's also the OTHER Sin-era logo that actually says "Sin" (looks like 5IN). I don't remember where it came from (maybe other road cases from a tour like the other stencil logo?), but I feel like there was also one that used brackets at some point (like this: [NIИ] ). Maybe the Art is Resistance flag would be worth including, as well. I have created all of these at some point in Illustrator. I'm pretty sure I made them available here on ETS at some point in the past...

TheBang
07-02-2018, 10:10 PM
If anyone has any crazy rare logo to share for http://www.nin.wiki/Logo_History, go ahead

(or just normal ones eh, it's a beginning)
Nice start. How about all the Russell Mills ones that he did for TDS, both used and unused?

And then Dissonance. Definitely this pinwheel one:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/56/f3/6a56f3ce586ac4e22de2f2abc79c0227.jpg

Not sure about including this N one:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2486/0276/products/NIN_CALC_1200X1200_6e7ed874-6725-43c7-934a-8c72cfa518b0_1024x1024.png?v=1527330405

StockAvuryah
07-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Nice start. How about all the Russell Mills ones that he did for TDS, both used and unused?

And then Dissonance. Definitely this pinwheel one:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/56/f3/6a56f3ce586ac4e22de2f2abc79c0227.jpg

Not sure about including this N one:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2486/0276/products/NIN_CALC_1200X1200_6e7ed874-6725-43c7-934a-8c72cfa518b0_1024x1024.png?v=1527330405

Yeah definitively. Where did you get the pinwheel one ? Already saw it but I need to find the biggest resolution possible to vectorize it and all.

edit : this pic seems alright enough with some tweaking

edit2 : added all those except the "n"

StockAvuryah
07-04-2018, 12:26 PM
The "Cold and Black and Infinite" one looks like someone just rotated the Fragile-era logo, but both the Ns are now facing the wrong directions. There's also the OTHER Sin-era logo that actually says "Sin" (looks like 5IN). I don't remember where it came from (maybe other road cases from a tour like the other stencil logo?), but I feel like there was also one that used brackets at some point (like this: [NIИ] ). Maybe the Art is Resistance flag would be worth including, as well. I have created all of these at some point in Illustrator. I'm pretty sure I made them available here on ETS at some point in the past...

If you have all of this vectorized it'd be very nice to add all of this in an album to download and add easily on the page :p

TheBang
07-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Yeah definitively. Where did you get the pinwheel one ? Already saw it but I need to find the biggest resolution possible to vectorize it and all.
Maybe this one is helpful? http://nothing.nin.net/gif/logo5u.gif

StockAvuryah
07-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Maybe this one is helpful? http://nothing.nin.net/gif/logo5u.gif

Lol this is amazing. Too low res but that's cool. Put one from the shirt on the page.

katara
07-19-2018, 06:16 PM
Just curious... Why are the extra lyrics for Branches/Bones not on the wiki page? Specifically, those on the physical editions of the album that directly reference the schizophreniasdiary (https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/) blog?

spahn
07-31-2018, 11:46 AM
Added promo cd to God Break Down the Door
http://www.nin.wiki/God_Break_Down_The_Door

StockAvuryah
08-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Added promo cd to God Break Down the Door
http://www.nin.wiki/God_Break_Down_The_Door

Any info on that ? Source ?

ninjaw
08-04-2018, 12:37 AM
About that, what about showing the official youtube art ? that's what did that blog and I prefer that :
http://www.untitledrockmag.com/tag/god-break-down-the-door/

StockAvuryah
08-04-2018, 09:15 AM
About that, what about showing the official youtube art ? that's what did that blog and I prefer that :
http://www.untitledrockmag.com/tag/god-break-down-the-door/

Scroll down

spahn
08-06-2018, 08:30 AM

it was obtained by cheddamash, so I don't have the source.

more scans provided here: http://nincatalog.com/bad-witch/god-break-down-the-door-us-cd-1489/

zecho
08-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Could someone add where the additional lyrics appear in the song? Every page of the last three releases that mentions additional lyrics fails to mention where they are relative to the sung lyrics.

cheddamash
08-08-2018, 08:11 PM

it was obtained by cheddamash, so I don't have the source.

I acquired it from a UK seller is all I know.

On that note, spahn, in the main Bad Witch section of nincatalog you have it listed as a “UK promo single”, which I feel is accurate, but have it listed as US everywhere else.

Harry Seaward
09-06-2018, 11:33 PM
Is there a reason for the URLs being case-sensitive? I can't recall ever seeing that anywhere else on the internet.

ninjaw
09-07-2018, 02:05 AM
Is there a reason for the URLs being case-sensitive? I can't recall ever seeing that anywhere else on the internet.

All url allways been case sensitive. Emails are not, they never been (well actually each servers can decide to change those rules)

BRoswell
09-21-2018, 11:57 AM
Can someone add a mention in the entry for "Escape Attempt" (from the additional "Gone Girl" tracks that were posted on Apple Music) that it was later recycled for the Patriots Day score? The track is called "Inquiries" on the official release. Not sure what it's called on the FYC version.

piggy
09-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Done. Are they exactly the same or did it get reworked?

StockAvuryah
10-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Why is the wiki down ?

snaapz
10-03-2018, 11:06 AM
^ Oh good, not just me!

Malechite
10-03-2018, 01:30 PM
I'm aware that the wiki is down and I'm looking into it... looks to be some unscheduled maintenance on the server.

Patrick_Nicholas
10-04-2018, 12:04 AM
It's back now.

Malechite
10-04-2018, 09:14 AM
There was a hard server crash and the site had to be restored from backup. All good now.

snaapz
10-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Thanks!! Just curious, how many daily site views does the wiki get on average?

Malechite
10-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Right now with the tour it's around 1000 users a day with 5000 page views a day... during off time, its maybe like 600 users a day with 2500 page views, so we're basically at double traffic during the tour.

sonic_discord
10-04-2018, 05:01 PM
I noticed that the Vietnam War score is still missing from the front page. The Halloween theme song and Walled Off Hotel also appear to be missing from the Soundtracks & Scores page. Just a friendly FYI...

piggy
10-04-2018, 11:49 PM
I personally don't feel that either of those belong on the Soundtracks & Scores page. The Halloween theme was done voluntarily by TR/AR as a cover, not as a commissioned project. The Walled Off Hotel thing probably can't be considered score music, since it was for what is more or less a glorified art project. We don't even have a page for it, it's that oddball.

sonic_discord
10-04-2018, 11:57 PM
I personally don't feel that either of those belong on the Soundtracks & Scores page. The Halloween theme was done voluntarily by TR/AR as a cover, not as a commissioned project.

Okay, fair enough. I haven't seen the new Halloween movie and don't know much about it aside from seeing the trailer. I kind of assumed it would be in the movie at some point, even if it were just playing over the end credits.

The Walled Off Hotel thing probably can't be considered score music, since it was for what is more or less a glorified art project. We don't even have a page for it, it's that oddball.

I'd heard that the material they wrote for it was supposed to eventually be released on vinyl and there's at least one unique song that we know of so far (Green Lines), so it seems like it should at least have its own page, don't you think?

piggy
10-05-2018, 12:19 AM
I didn't even realize there was a proposed vinyl release for TWOH stuff. However, vinyl releases for various NIN and TR/AR related things have been kind of not materializing lately, so we can't really pin our hopes on that. We have a page for "Green Lines", but I don't know if we even have enough solid info about the rest of the music to make a page about TWOH. Admittedly, I didn't pay close attention to that project, so I don't actually know.

sonic_discord
10-05-2018, 12:21 AM
However, vinyl releases for various NIN and TR/AR related things have not been materializing lately, so we can't really pin our hopes on that.

Ain't that the truth. Good point.

Stereo75
10-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Saw this logo the other day while looking at old merch photos, if someone wants to make the effort to add it. From the live 2006 hoodie.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-Nine-Inch-Nails-Live-2006-XXL-2XL-Hoodie-Full-Zip-Sweater-Jacket/113269863403?hash=item1a5f68f3eb:g:pCYAAOSwRdNbChH W

thepenguin55
10-23-2018, 10:01 AM
So I went to the Detroit show last night (which was incredible) and I went to ninwiki to check the page for that show and the setlist is way off from what was actually played. Does stuff like that get corrected pretty quickly?

ninjaw
10-23-2018, 12:16 PM
So I went to the Detroit show last night (which was incredible) and I went to ninwiki to check the page for that show and the setlist is way off from what was actually played. Does stuff like that get corrected pretty quickly?

yes a wiki is corrected real time by ppl like you

thepenguin55
10-23-2018, 12:31 PM
yes a wiki is corrected real time by ppl like you

Yeah it’s already been corrected. I was just curious as I didn’t see a way to edit it myself

TheBang
10-23-2018, 01:35 PM
Yeah it’s already been corrected. I was just curious as I didn’t see a way to edit it myself
NIN Wiki doesn't allow anonymous edits (like Wikipedia does). You just have to register for an account, and then you'll be able to edit pages.

gorast
10-23-2018, 07:45 PM
Question: because "Inquiries" from the Patriots Day soundtrack is the exact same song as "Escape Attempt" from the Gone Girl outtakes, shouldn't it be the same page instead of two pages with basically identical content?

I would pose a similar question for "A Familiar Taste" and "Magnetic" from the Social Network soundtrack, but those are at least remixes/reinterpretations. Inquiries and Escape Attempt are literally exactly the same.

sonic_discord
10-23-2018, 10:51 PM
Question: because "Inquiries" from the Patriots Day soundtrack is the exact same song as "Escape Attempt" from the Gone Girl outtakes, shouldn't it be the same page instead of two pages with basically identical content?

Wow, I'm almost embarrassed that I never noticed that before. Another example is Ghosts 38, which transformed into Demon Seed (but that's covered in the page for Ghosts 38).

gorast
10-24-2018, 04:26 PM
To be fair, the only reason I know that is because the wiki says so, lol. I barely listened to either of those outtakes so they didn't make an impression on me at all. Just thought it might help with some consolidation.

piggy
10-25-2018, 12:04 AM
I consolidated that info onto the page for "Inquiries", since it's the track that got a formal, commercial release.

minusthesnake
12-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Usually when a new NIN single or album comes out, I transcribe all of the lyrics/correct whatever gobbledeegook Trent embeds in the files, post them on ETS, and the someone from the boards sends them to NIN Wiki to post on the song's page. Does anyone know how I can just contact them directly? I often see small mistake (lyrics and otherwise) that need correcting on the Wiki, but I never tell anyone because I don't know how to. I just went on and realized that the lyrics they have for "I'm Afraid of Americans" are quite wrong and would like to submit the correct versions to them, but I don't know who to talk to.

Help much appreciated! I'd love to help keep the Wiki even more perfect and up-to-date.

ltrandazzo
12-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Paging Malechite - he's the owner of the Wiki.

minusthesnake
12-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Malechite, PM me. I'd love to be able to submit any lyrics/corrections/updates directly to you going forward.

Paging @Malechite (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7) - he's the owner of the Wiki.

piggy
12-07-2018, 12:13 AM
I'm a mod on the wiki. You're welcome to PM me with changes. You can also mention them in the ninwiki thread here.

zecho
12-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Usually when a new NIN single or album comes out, I transcribe all of the lyrics/correct whatever gobbledeegook Trent embeds in the files, post them on ETS, and the someone from the boards sends them to NIN Wiki to post on the song's page. Does anyone know how I can just contact them directly? I often see small mistake (lyrics and otherwise) that need correcting on the Wiki, but I never tell anyone because I don't know how to. I just went on and realized that the lyrics they have for "I'm Afraid of Americans" are quite wrong and would like to submit the correct versions to them, but I don't know who to talk to.

Help much appreciated! I'd love to help keep the Wiki even more perfect and up-to-date.

You can actually directly edit the wiki yourself by clicking the edit button above the lyrics section.

minusthesnake
12-07-2018, 01:09 PM
You can actually directly edit the wiki yourself by clicking the edit button above the lyrics section.

Oh shit, all these years I thought it was a closed Wiki, but actually I just never made an account for myself. LOL.

minusthesnake
12-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Oh shit, all these years I thought it was a closed Wiki, but actually I just never made an account for myself. LOL.

Wait no, I just tried and it says only Administrators can create new user accounts.

StockAvuryah
12-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Wait no, I just tried and it says only Administrators can create new user accounts.

Just have things to add and ask for an account

katara
12-07-2018, 06:30 PM
A topic for ninwiki already exists (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/226-ninwiki).

BenAkenobi
12-08-2018, 12:59 AM
So I checked the lyrics for "I'm afraid of Americans" on other site, it says

Johnny's in America, Lo-Teks at the wheel
instead of ...no tricks at the wheel.
Is that the difference you talk about?

piggy
12-08-2018, 10:12 PM
I already made the changes that were requested for the IAOA lyrics, but yeah, I've always wondered about that line of the song. When I listen to it, I can't tell if it's saying "no tricks" or "low-tech's".

Leviathant
12-09-2018, 01:01 AM
I already made the changes that were requested for the IAOA lyrics, but yeah, I've always wondered about that line of the song. When I listen to it, I can't tell if it's saying "no tricks" or "low-tech's".

Erm, who says it's no tricks? It's "Low tech's"

minusthesnake
12-09-2018, 07:49 PM

I've always heard it as "no tricks" (I've seen other people think it's "low techs" before) but it's the one line I'm not 100% sure on.

TheBang
12-09-2018, 11:19 PM
I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.

Leviathant
12-10-2018, 11:01 AM
I dunno, there are 3 soundboards of Trent singing it, and while he mumbles the line, it definitely sounds like "No" instead of "Low" on 2 of them.

For your consideration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O43emEpUrRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGwB_G0Vyz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJDVy3iVCY

theimage13
12-10-2018, 11:18 AM

100% "low" after seeing the Bowie videos.

TheBang
12-10-2018, 01:29 PM
For your consideration
Yeah, I concede the point. Trent mumbles it. Also, it's super-clear on the V5 remix of the song, which is practically a cappella.

Also, I'd never watched a video of Bowie performing it before. Watching them, I feel really sad that he and Trent never got to do a duet of this.

piggy
12-11-2018, 02:09 AM
Well, I'm with you on that. For the last 20 years, I was thinking it was "low-tech's" but then after this page on the wiki was brought to my attention, I thought maybe I had been hearing it wrong.

spahn
12-11-2018, 08:12 AM
piggy, i've been trying to get this page updated http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

there are some sites that are no longer valid and I would like to add NINCatalog to the page as well.

botley
12-11-2018, 11:51 AM
If we're going by what TR regularly sings onstage, the album version of "Closer" has the wrong lyrics!

...I think he's been doing a more subtle Trump dig lately by singing "logic's at the wheel"! XD

piggy
12-11-2018, 04:18 PM
piggy, i've been trying to get this page updated http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

there are some sites that are no longer valid and I would like to add NINCatalog to the page as well.
I wish I could, but mods don't have the authority to edit restricted pages like that one. We used to have it, but it was inadvertently taken away with the last revamp of the wiki. It's super frustrating, because I get requests to work on restricted pages all the time and I feel really unhelpful when that happens.

spahn
12-12-2018, 01:49 PM
I wish I could, but mods don't have the authority to edit restricted pages like that one. We used to have it, but it was inadvertently taken away with the last revamp of the wiki. It's super frustrating, because I get requests to work on restricted pages all the time and I feel really unhelpful when that happens.
Leviathant any pull here?

Leviathant
12-12-2018, 03:59 PM
@Leviathant (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1) any pull here?

Paging Malechite, Malechite do you read me?

sheepdean
12-12-2018, 04:39 PM
*zzzz*

I'm awake, what edits do we need on that page? If you want, dump it in talk or sandbox and I can copy paste

Erneuert
12-13-2018, 08:43 AM
I’ve been keeping the song tour statistics (http://www.nin.wiki/Cold_And_Black_And_Infinite_Tour#Song_Performance_ Statistics) up to date as they become available as well as add the respective set lists to their respective show dates page. I’m fairly sure it’s all correct, but feel free to make any necessary amendments.

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to add the show posters (regular and foil versions) to each date page, if anyone’s up for that undertaking.

spahn
12-13-2018, 12:47 PM
sheepdean, i have posted the changes over to http://www.nin.wiki/Talk:Suggestions

minusthesnake
12-18-2018, 11:39 PM
Thanks Leviathant and TheBang for the live videos and recommending the a capella-ish V5 remix respectively. It's definitely "Low-techs". There were a bunch of other incorrect lyrics in there that I fixed, so I just messaged piggy and asked her to change it back to "Low-techs" but keep my other changes.

Crowd sourcing is fun!

minusthesnake
12-19-2018, 12:15 AM
Are some of these tallies wrong? There were only 40 shows, so how was HLAH performed 59 times and Hurt 64 times?

I’ve been keeping the song tour statistics (http://www.nin.wiki/Cold_And_Black_And_Infinite_Tour#Song_Performance_ Statistics) up to date as they become available as well as add the respective set lists to their respective show dates page. I’m fairly sure it’s all correct, but feel free to make any necessary amendments.

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to add the show posters (regular and foil versions) to each date page, if anyone’s up for that undertaking.

piggy
12-19-2018, 12:49 AM
asked her to change it back to "Low-techs" but keep my other changes
Done and done. Glad to have that sorted.

Erneuert
12-19-2018, 03:49 AM
Are some of these tallies wrong? There were only 40 shows, so how was HLAH performed 59 times and Hurt 64 times?

It includes the 2017 I Can’t Seem To Wake Up tour as well.

HLAH and Hurt have both been done 64 times between both tours:

Song Performance StatisticsThe following are all the songs that were played on the tour, sorted chronologically in album order and how many times each song was performed. Also included are songs performed during the I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017 (http://www.nin.wiki/I_Can%27t_Seem_To_Wake_Up_2017) tour, such as "She's Gone Away (http://www.nin.wiki/She%27s_Gone_Away)". As such, the current total unique songs performed is 78 (counting "The Eater Of Dreams (http://www.nin.wiki/The_Eater_Of_Dreams)" as a unique song, though not counting "The Fireman (http://www.nin.wiki/The_Fireman)" as it is entirely pre-recorded).

minusthesnake
12-19-2018, 11:56 PM
It includes the 2017 I Can’t Seem To Wake Up tour as well.

HLAH and Hurt have both been done 64 times between both tours:

Song Performance Statistics

The following are all the songs that were played on the tour, sorted chronologically in album order and how many times each song was performed. Also included are songs performed during the I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017 (http://www.nin.wiki/I_Can%27t_Seem_To_Wake_Up_2017) tour, such as "She's Gone Away (http://www.nin.wiki/She%27s_Gone_Away)". As such, the current total unique songs performed is 78 (counting "The Eater Of Dreams (http://www.nin.wiki/The_Eater_Of_Dreams)" as a unique song, though not counting "The Fireman (http://www.nin.wiki/The_Fireman)" as it is entirely pre-recorded).

Should the statistics be moved to the main NIN 2017-2018 page or broken up across the four segments of the larger touring run? It seems weird that it's listed on a sub page that is specifically for the CABAI Tour which only lists those 40 tour dates, but tallies the songs for all dates across 4 tours.

piggy
12-20-2018, 12:23 AM
I wanted to ask the same thing.

Erneuert
12-20-2018, 12:24 AM
Sure, feel free to move/adjust.

piggy
12-21-2018, 11:48 PM
I have adjusted the tallies so that they are just reflective of the C+B+I tour.

ThermionicScott
12-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Could a note be added to http://www.nin.wiki/The_Downward_Spiral_(halo) that the 2017 DE vinyl edition fixed the transitions between songs that were split between sides? I was concerned about that when I started picking up more NIN LPs, but was pleasantly surprised when I put this one on. It looks like you guys won't let any idiot off the street edit the wiki, and that's a good thing. :)

piggy
12-25-2018, 10:27 PM
Done and done.

I'm guessing the reason why the admins had to crack down on open editing was because we had shit-tons of bots a few years back.

ThermionicScott
12-25-2018, 11:10 PM
Done and done.

I'm guessing the reason why the admins had to crack down on open editing was because we had shit-tons of bots a few years back.

I like it, thanks!

Erneuert
12-30-2018, 08:42 PM
I changed the photo on Mike Garson’s page to the recent one of he and TR backstage during the C&B&I tour.

gorast
01-01-2019, 06:19 PM
The front page has been out of date in terms of the Soundtracks and Scores section for a while now. Is it time to boot Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway (both of which Trent/NIN only did a bit of work for rather than a full album of music) in favor of keeping enough space to easily add Vietnam, mid90s and Bird Box, or should there maybe be a rethink of that section entirely to define what should be there and what shouldn't? Not really sure what that would entail, but I can at least see right now that three more icons either won't fit or will just barely fit in that section without removing some.

ThermionicScott
01-01-2019, 06:40 PM
The front page has been out of date in terms of the Soundtracks and Scores section for a while now. Is it time to boot Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway (both of which Trent/NIN only did a bit of work for rather than a full album of music) in favor of keeping enough space to easily add Vietnam, mid90s and Bird Box, or should there maybe be a rethink of that section entirely to define what should be there and what shouldn't? Not really sure what that would entail, but I can at least see right now that three more icons either won't fit or will just barely fit in that section without removing some.

That row would get crowded if HTDA put out another release, too. Maybe each could get its own row -- it would be a shame to boot anything just for having partial TR/AR involvement. :)

Erneuert
01-02-2019, 08:03 AM
Just created the page for Bird Box:

http://www.nin.wiki/Bird_Box_Original_Score

Two questions: is January 2 the correct date of release? Or should it be January 1?

Also, could someone please add in the track lengths next to the titles? I’ll create the individual track pages later tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

sonic_discord
01-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Just created the page for Bird Box:

http://www.nin.wiki/Bird_Box_Original_Score

Two questions: is January 2 the correct date of release? Or should it be January 1?

Also, could someone please add in the track lengths next to the titles? I’ll create the individual track pages later tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

January 1. It was released on nin.com yesterday.

Erneuert
01-02-2019, 08:35 PM
January 1. It was released on nin.com yesterday.

Thank you, fixed.

Erneuert
01-03-2019, 03:43 AM
Created the song pages, but need confirmation re: “And It Keeps Coming” vs “And It Keeps On Coming”.

nin.com lists it as the former and the official WAV/mp3 files the latter...

sonic_discord
01-03-2019, 10:38 AM
Created the song pages, but need confirmation re: “And It Keeps Coming” vs “And It Keeps On Coming”.

nin.com lists it as the former and the official WAV/mp3 files the latter...

I obviously can't speak for TR, but I'd assume the files are correct and the website is just missing a word. I'd imagine they go through a quality-check process with the files, especially after some of the recent flubs with Halloween and Deviations.

sheepdean
01-03-2019, 02:35 PM
I obviously can't speak for TR, but I'd assume the files are correct and the website is just missing a word. I'd imagine they go through a quality-check process with the files, especially after some of the recent flubs with Halloween and Deviations.
Violet, Violent fluids. Memorabillia

Trent is always the one who is wrong on these things

Erneuert
01-04-2019, 12:01 AM

Can anyone reach out to someone from the NIN camp (tweet, maybe?) and confirm the correct title?

ninjaw
01-04-2019, 03:18 AM

Oh yeah ? no, we cannot assume that files are correct, errors (small) on these are not rare. And I don't mention very bad quality check like adding huge cover that double each file size, damaged rar, damaged files, bad 24Hz... no I seen several IDTAG small errors. Small but painful when you got duplicate artists on your tools, or missing songs on google play...
Official listing tough have chances to be spreaded everywhere, includig physical copy

fillow
01-04-2019, 03:24 AM
I always go with the titles printed on the back cover. If we have any physical version, that is.

Erneuert
01-05-2019, 02:04 AM
I always go with the titles printed on the back cover. If we have any physical version, that is.

That’s a good idea. Does anyone know if samplers are out yet to refer to?

Josh
01-06-2019, 03:31 PM
The individual page for "The Idea Of You" does not contain the BPM, while the List of BPM Rates page does (120 BPM).

Also, I'm not sure what happened, but I'm pretty sure that 64 BPM for "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)" should be 128 BPM.

EDIT 2: The link seems to only be valid for so long, but it's from https://getsongbpm.com/

EDIT 3:

BEFORE THE FLOOD SOUNDTRACK

01 - Before The Flood = 130 BPM
02 - A Minute To Breathe = 116 BPM
03 - Between Two Poles = 74 BPM
06 - And When The Sky Was Opened = 66 BPM
08 - Trembling = 125 BPM
11 - At Dusk = 137 BPM
12 - Thin Ice Reimagined = 74 BPM
13 - Disappearing Act = 146 BPM
15 - 8 Billion = 135 BPM
16 - One Perfect Moment = 70 BPM
17 - A Minute Later = 89 BPM

PATRIOTS DAY SOUNDTRACK

01 - Them And Us - 178 BPM
02 - We Forget Who We Are = 71 BPM
03 - The Place You Are Right Now = 132 BPM
04 - Inquiries = 72 BPM
05 - Trails = 76 BPM
06 - Broken Glass = 102 BPM
07 - Nobody Cares About Me = 88 BPM
08 - The Night Drive = 120 BPM
09 - Escape = 120 BPM
10 - Terminus = 169 BPM
11 - Long Shadows On The Street = 67 BPM
12 - Resolve = 126 BPM

Thank you for sharing this website, It does really help to find the BPM of a song !

sonic_discord
01-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah ? no, we cannot assume that files are correct, errors (small) on these are not rare. And I don't mention very bad quality check like adding huge cover that double each file size, damaged rar, damaged files, bad 24Hz... no I seen several IDTAG small errors. Small but painful when you got duplicate artists on your tools, or missing songs on google play...
Official listing tough have chances to be spreaded everywhere, includig physical copy

Well, the score is up on streaming services and the title is "And it Keeps on Coming," so at this point, the website is the only place that the word "on" has been omitted. But I clearly don't care about this as much as some peeps.

Erneuert
01-08-2019, 06:40 AM
Well, the score is up on streaming services and the title is "And it Keeps on Coming," so at this point, the website is the only place that the word "on" has been omitted. But I clearly don't care about this as much as some peeps.

I’m really anal about these sorts of things. Consider yourself lucky!

Erneuert
01-10-2019, 01:01 AM
Ended up changing it to And It Keeps On Coming since that’s what I keep seeing pretty much everywhere.

Erneuert
01-13-2019, 09:19 PM
If anyone can please assist, we need to add the BPMs for:

http://www.nin.wiki/List_Of_BPM_Rates

- The two Gone Girl outtakes
- Juno
- Both versions of the Halloween Theme
- All tracks from Mid90s
- All tracks from Bird Box

If someone with BPM knowledge wants to list them on that page, I’ll add them to the individual pages. Or if you like, just post them all here and I’ll do all the editing.

Cheers guys, (aka best community on the internet).

Jon
01-14-2019, 08:31 AM
http://www.nin.wiki/List_Of_BPM_Rates

- The two Gone Girl outtakes
- Juno
- Both versions of the Halloween Theme
- All tracks from Mid90s
- All tracks from Bird Box

If someone with BPM knowledge wants to list them on that page, I’ll add them to the individual pages. Or if you like, just post them all here and I’ll do all the editing.

I could not find BPM's for "Abandoned Sets" or "Juno". "Escape Attempt" should be the same as "Inquiries" from Patriots Day:

Escape Attempt = 72

Halloween = 136

The Start of Things = 174
Big Wide World = 144
Finding A Place = 174
Further Along = 144

Outside = 73
Undercurrents = 114
Looking Forwards And Backwards = 69
What Isn't Anymore = 110
Sleep Deprivation = 58
Careful What You Wish For = 96
A Hidden Moment = 72
And It Keeps On Coming = 91
Close Encounters = 101
Last Thing Left = 71

Erneuert
01-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Thank you, @Jon (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=457). Do the BPMs differ between the digital (“correct”) version of Halloween and the demo one they mistakenly pressed on vinyl?

Erneuert
01-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Just a quick bump if anyone can provide BPMs for:

- Abandoned Sets
- Juno
- Demo/early version of Halloween mispressed on the first LP release

To be clear, the (“correct”) digital version of Halloween is called “John Carpenter’s Halloween (Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Version)” and clocks in at 7:49.

The demo (“incorrect”) vinyl pressing is slightly renamed to “Halloween Theme (Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Reworked Version)” and clocks in at 6:52.

Everything else listed above has been added on both the BPM pages and the individual track pages.

Erneuert
02-02-2019, 06:13 AM
Looking at the “Rank The Singles!” thread, Burning Bright, Less Than, This Isn’t The Place and GBDTD are being listed as singles. As such, do they deserve a place on this page?

http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers

piggy
02-03-2019, 12:46 AM
Looking at the “Rank The Singles!” thread, Burning Bright, Less Than, This Isn’t The Place and GBDTD are being listed as singles. As such, do they deserve a place on this page?

http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers
These have been added to both the Halo numbers page and also the NIN page.

Erneuert
02-04-2019, 04:38 AM
These have been added to both the Halo numbers page and also the NIN page.

It appears that Suck also needs to be added. (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2130-Controversial-Nine-Inch-Nails-opinions?p=447196#post447196)

sheepdean
02-04-2019, 05:11 AM
It appears that Suck also needs to be added. (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2130-Controversial-Nine-Inch-Nails-opinions?p=447196#post447196)
Trent just saying it was a single doesn't meant it was. There's no music video, no radio promo, nothing.

I'm down for noting on the song page that's it's been mislabelled as one though?

patj825
02-04-2019, 09:38 AM
I just noticed a type-o on http://www.nin.wiki/Live_2013_EP

"Track 1 recorded live at Fuji Rock Festival 2013 (http://www.nin.wiki/2013/07/26_Naeba,_Japan) (Naeba Ski Resort, Miigata, Japan)"

should be...

"Track 1 recorded live at Fuji Rock Festival 2013 (http://www.nin.wiki/2013/07/26_Naeba,_Japan) (Naeba Ski Resort, Niigata, Japan)"

Erneuert
02-04-2019, 08:06 PM
@patj825 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5619) - fixed!

@piggy (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=568) - would you like to add something to the Suck article about it being a quasi-single?

piggy
02-05-2019, 12:56 AM
I added disclaimers about The Definitive NIN - The Singles to the pages for Dead Souls, 1,000,000, Suck, and The Good Soldier.

Destruct26
02-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Here’s something I noticed but has never been addressed: a sample of lyric from the song ‘Please’ is in the remix ‘Complications Of The Flesh.’ The line ‘make It stop’ is lifted directly from Please (please, I don’t ever want to MAKE IT STOP). this makes sense considering Please starts out with the line ‘this is how it begins’ which ties into The New Flesh. Anybody agree?

Erneuert
02-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Here’s something I noticed but has never been addressed: a sample of lyric from the song ‘Please’ is in the remix ‘Complications Of The Flesh.’ The line ‘make It stop’ is lifted directly from Please (please, I don’t ever want to MAKE IT STOP). this makes sense considering Please starts out with the line ‘this is how it begins’ which ties into The New Flesh. Anybody agree?

I... had never noticed that before! Amazing.

StockAvuryah
02-23-2019, 07:21 PM
This page needs to be updated with the AOO video, I think : http://www.nin.wiki/Nine_Inch_Nails_music_videos

Adding something to the table doesn't work for me, though. I must have missed something.

piggy
02-23-2019, 11:37 PM
I got it added for you.

StockAvuryah
02-26-2019, 11:45 AM
I got it added for you.

Thanks !

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Trilogy

I'm currently building this page, about the whole Trilogy. First adding every little details, every little clues, everything that has been said during interviews, and in the end maybe linking everything to explain the concept as a whole, and everything stemming from it, even themes that are not necessarily part of the grand story but still an important part of the albums (Bowie, for example).

So if anyone finds this as entertaining as I do, feel free to.. add and correct stuff. And there's a lot. I think the aim would be to have a solid general explanation at first (in the About part of Concept), and after that it goes in details into the different parts.

Also the "Trilogy Concept" interview on the wiki pages of NTAE, AV and BW is the heart of it, and should be displayed, but maybe we could just link on each of those pages to The Trilogy page, instead of copy-pasting the same interview three times.

sheepdean
03-28-2019, 05:32 PM
New addition following a conversation I had with someone, realised this would help ... well it would help me, y'all have fun.

http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Songs_With_Unused_Lyrics (http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Songs_With_Unused_Lyrics)

Did I miss any?

Patrick_Nicholas
03-28-2019, 05:41 PM
New addition following a conversation I had with someone, realised this would help ... well it would help me, y'all have fun.

http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Songs_With_Unused_Lyrics (http://www.nin.wiki/Category:Songs_With_Unused_Lyrics)

Did I miss any?

You missed "Disappointed"

The following lines are present in the lyrics booklet for Hesitation Marks at the end of the first verse, but are not sung.

All of this
Theater
I wouldn't waste
Your voice
Comes a day
You figure out
You never had
A choice

http://www.nin.wiki/Disappointed

I only have a standard copy of HM, but I checked with discogs to make sure of what lyrics were printed in the deluxe version's booklet.
https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Hesitation-Marks/release/5847704

sheepdean
04-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Should we make a page for Rotation and Stained? We know as much about them as other unreleased songs
And a redirect for Anomaly

piggy
04-06-2019, 09:41 PM
I say go for it.

Erneuert
04-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Sure, maybe with a note saying Stained could have been a working title for Underneath It All.

katara
04-07-2019, 03:49 AM
Should we make a page for Rotation and Stained? We know as much about them as other unreleased songs
And a redirect for Anomaly
Possibly also a note about how Anomaly is most likely named after E1M8 'Phobos Anomaly' from Doom '93, which displays the message "The only way out is through" upon completion.

... which also means that The Way Out Is Through itself is a Doom reference.

StockAvuryah
04-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Possibly also a note about how Anomaly is most likely named after E1M8 'Phobos Anomaly' from Doom '93, which displays the message "The only way out is through" upon completion.

wait what the hell

Jon
04-07-2019, 08:28 AM
wait what the hell

Upon completion:

"Once you beat the big badasses and clean out the moon base you're supposed to win, aren't you? Aren't you? Where's your fat reward and ticket home? What the hell is this? It's not supposed to end this way!

It stinks like rotten meat, but looks like the lost Deimos base. Looks like you're stuck on the shores of Hell. The only way out is through.

To continue the Doom experience, play The Shores of Hell and its amazing sequel, Inferno!"

katara
04-07-2019, 03:11 PM

wait what the hell
I guess this isn't common knowledge!

sheepdean
04-16-2019, 04:50 PM
No, YOU'RE avoiding work by creating extensive NINwiki pages that no one asked for

http://www.nin.wiki/Covers_Songs