PDA

View Full Version : Freaks, the movie

ericy210
09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Ever seen the movie Freaks? Great storyline with questions of morality and who the freaks really are. It stars real circus sideshow freaks, pinheads, bearded lady, etc. it was banned for a period of time. I guarantee you'll like it. From Wikipedia,

Freaks is a 1932 American Pre-Code horror film about sideshow performers, directed and produced by Tod Browning and released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, with a cast mostly composed of actual carnival (funfair) performers. The film was based on Tod Robbins' 1923 short fiction story "Spurs". Director Browning took the exceptional step of casting real people with deformities as the eponymous sideshow "freaks", rather than using costumes and makeup.[2][3]
Browning had been a member of a traveling circus in his early years, and much of the film was drawn from his personal experiences. In the film, the physically deformed "freaks" are inherently trusting and honorable people, while the real monsters are two of the "normal" members of the circus who conspire to murder one of the performers to obtain his large inheritance.

thevoid99
09-02-2013, 12:17 AM
I saw that last year. That was awesome. We are freaks, one of us!

Ryan
09-10-2013, 06:56 PM
I love this movie.