PDA

View Full Version : The "In Conversation With" Demos

toomanyrifts
08-30-2013, 08:17 PM
So.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKCVSBrV1I

There's a bunch of demos in there that Trent left off HM. I haven't seen any talk about them, so thoughts on them? Where do you think they'd fit on HM if they 'made the cut?'

PhoenixML
08-30-2013, 08:39 PM
You haven't seen anyone talking about the demos? There's a lock thread on page two and there's a thread about.. Hesitation Marks that 180 pages long.

But, yes, the demos are being discussed in the Hesitation Marks thread.

Edit : I might want to add that I'm not against this new thread.

Akuratyde
08-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if a really specific topic like this could have its own thread instead of trying to cram anything that's HM into the HM thread? As you stated, it's 180+ pages. It's rather difficult to follow a discussion about something as specific as this in a more general thread.

I don't understand this forum's policy of locking threads so flippantly. I've never experienced that before on any forum in 18 years of heavy internet usage. Just let a topic have it's own goddamn thread and if people don't find it interesting it'll fall back several pages and be forgotten.

On-topic: I thought the demos were really interesting, especially the one he stated was one of his favorites that didn't get finished. I read that the Greatest Hits album he owes Interscope has been pushed back to 2014 now, maybe he'll finish that song and include it on there.

toomanyrifts
08-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if a really specific topic like this could have its own thread instead of trying to cram anything that's HM into the HM thread? As you stated, it's 180+ pages. It's rather difficult to follow a discussion about something as specific as this in a more general thread..

Exactly. Cause i'm gonna go thru the last 80 pages of that thread (the pages post-leak) to find opinions...

GentlemanLoser
08-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I liked the second demo he played. It was funky. Could have lead to some funky dancing.

RGM81
08-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Very cool. Thanks for posting this!

ltrandazzo
08-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if a really specific topic like this could have its own thread instead of trying to cram anything that's HM into the HM thread? As you stated, it's 180+ pages. It's rather difficult to follow a discussion about something as specific as this in a more general thread.

I don't understand this forum's policy of locking threads so flippantly. I've never experienced that before on any forum in 18 years of heavy internet usage. Just let a topic have it's own goddamn thread and if people don't find it interesting it'll fall back several pages and be forgotten.

On-topic: I thought the demos were really interesting, especially the one he stated was one of his favorites that didn't get finished. I read that the Greatest Hits album he owes Interscope has been pushed back to 2014 now, maybe he'll finish that song and include it on there.

We have a great search function that can be used within a thread to find out when the demos were discussed. It's on page 163.

Locking since this has been discussed.