PDA

View Full Version : Joshua Eustis is severely underutilized on HM

Akuratyde
08-29-2013, 11:45 AM
I've been a huge fan of Telefon Tel Aviv since their first album in 2001. Joshua Eustis is an incredibly talented producer and his only contribution to "Hesitation Marks" is Additional Backing Vocals on "I Would For You"? Christ. I hope Trent lets him do a remix at the very least, there's so much potential for the two of them to do something amazing together.

broevol
08-29-2013, 11:46 AM
I feel the same way about Josh Wink.

Paul
08-29-2013, 11:52 AM
He's too busy learning how to look busy ;-)

Digital Twilight
08-29-2013, 11:57 AM
What I like about this album and with all those 'guests' is that they serve the song rather than saying 'hey here's this guy let's push him to the front'. You create the best music as you can with the personel you have, that doesn't always mean you have to put their signature in heavy layers. The recent QOTSA album is another good example of this.

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I've been a huge fan of Telefon Tel Aviv since their first album in 2001. Joshua Eustis is an incredibly talented producer and his only contribution to "Hesitation Marks" is Additional Backing Vocals on "I Would For You"? Christ. I hope Trent lets him do a remix at the very least, there's so much potential for the two of them to do something amazing together.

though i agree with you about him being underutilized, he's doing A LOT on stage, and he's sure to continue collaborating with trent in the future.

i actually got into TTA because of josh's work with danny lohner on things falling apart and some of the APC remixes, and i love love love them.

hobochic
08-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Underutilized? Getting to record backing VOCALS on a NIN album is not underutilized. Using your voice is one of the most personal contributions one gets to do on any, let alone a NIN album. The record is barely released and the tour has just begun. As ^ noted, he's doing a lot on stage and if you look at how other collaborators got their start, it was with small contributions here and there. I've been a big TTA fan since the first album and I agree that he could contribute a ton of cool stuff, just let them get warmed up.

Krazy
08-29-2013, 03:21 PM
- He fell on his ass during HLAH at Lolla
- Robin subtly knocked his mic down during another show
- The ladies think he's sexy

He's already in the NIN HOF as far as I'm concerned. :P

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 03:24 PM
- The ladies think he's sexy

*everyone thinks he's sexy (because he is)

broevol
08-29-2013, 03:34 PM
*everyone thinks he's sexy (because he is)

You think the "time to make the donuts guy" is sexy.

Butterscotch
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
you think the "time to make the donuts guy" is sexy.

because he is!

Krazy
08-29-2013, 03:44 PM
<----- forgets what the donut guy looks like, goes to Google...

*comes back haunted*

o_O

Butterscotch
08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
<----- forgets what the donut guy looks like, goes to Google...

o_O

What can I say, I'm easy.

ltrandazzo
08-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah, this is done.