PDA

View Full Version : The Nick Cave Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

ChipRock
10-09-2017, 11:14 AM
have you listened to / watched the live abbatoir blues tour? it's AMAZING.

Actually I don't think I have. Cheers for the tip. Think I may have actually have the audio on my PC somewhere, but just didn't get around to listening to it. Will check it out now.

piggy
10-09-2017, 11:48 PM
I'd love for some tour dates next year. I was pretty close to going to see him this year and I ended up passing on it. Kinda pissed off with myself now.

The Doctor
10-12-2017, 08:26 PM
I'd love for some tour dates next year. I was pretty close to going to see him this year and I ended up passing on it. Kinda pissed off with myself now.

I hope there's more dates to come too, since he didn't come to Texas at all on this tour. But he did come here many times on the Push the Sky Away tour, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Shadaloo
12-27-2017, 02:09 AM
My SO got me this graphic novel for Christmas:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Zf5OtNwxL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What a great read. A largely fictionalized account of his life, critiqued as an author by the characters he creates and kills. The two-page "Jangling Jack" segment is morbidly hilarious.

On a serious fucking Birthday Party kick because of this now too :)

piggy
12-28-2017, 12:56 AM
That reminds me... I've been wanting to read a biography of Nick. Does anyone know what the best one is? I was thinking of reading Bad Seed by Ian Johnston, though it is super out of date now.

clodhopper90
12-30-2017, 03:25 AM
So random, but I started this thread a million years ago under a different name. I hadn't thought about him in a long time. I hope he tours again here (he's super nice, too.)

ChipRock
02-15-2018, 06:54 AM
So I've been feeling a bit sad that Nick's only UK show for 2018 is a festival type thing in London. I knew they were coming back through Europe this year and I was hoping for another show in the south, but big money for an outdoors thing is not my cup of tea. Seemingly to make up for this, there will be cinema screenings of a show from last year - might be worth catching, I think. Details on the website: https://www.nickcave.com/

october_midnight
06-19-2018, 10:42 AM
New Live EP drops in September. (https://pitchfork.com/news/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-announce-new-live-ep/?mbid=social_twitter)

ChipRock
06-20-2018, 02:50 AM
New Live EP

On the one hand - nice! On that other hand - why not a full album? Seems a bit strange. I was assuming we would see a DVD of the Distant Sky show. Oh well.

ChipRock
10-09-2018, 06:27 AM
So the above mentioned live EP came out. It's good enough, but still no sign of a full-length record or film. Shame.

Of partiucular interest at the moment is The Red Hand Files website: https://theredhandfiles.com/ - offering fans the opportunity to ask questions which Nick has been answering in the most wonderful way. Well worth taking a look at.

deadwinterskies
10-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Still no sign of a full-length record or film.

They're touring right now. Maybe when it wraps up.

chuckrh
04-20-2019, 07:10 AM
watching "distant sky" now. insanely good!

https://www.nickcave.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Facebook-Landscape-1536x1152.jpg

Michalrose
04-21-2019, 07:17 AM
I saw it in the theatre last year. Electrifying! Next best thing to a live concert.

october_midnight
05-06-2019, 02:38 PM
No joke, New Westminster BC? That's the suburb of Vancouver I live in...and this venue, which is legit in a high school, is I shit you not a 2 minute drive from my condo. What the actual fuck YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nick Cave “Conversations” 2019 Tour Dates:
05/13 – Hamburg, DE @ Friedrich-Ebert-Halle
05/15 – Berlin, DE @ Admiralspalast
05/16 – Dusseldorf, DE @ Tonhalle
05/19 – Oslo, NO @ Koncerthus
05/21 – Copenhagen, DK @ Koncertsalen
05/24 – Luxembourg, LU @ Philharmonie
05/26 – Amsterdam, NL @ Concertgebouw
05/27 – Utrecht, NL @ Tivoliredenburg – Grote Zaal
05/29 – Antwerp, BE @ De Roma
05/31 – Stockholm, SE @ Cirkus
06/15 – Cardiff, UK @ Wales Millennium Centre
06/17 – Birmingham, UK @ Symphony Hall
06/19 – London, UK @ Barbican
06/20 – Manchester, UK @ The Bridgewater Hall
06/22 – Edinburgh, UK @ Usher Hall Edinburgh
06/23 – Gateshead, UK @ Sage One
06/25 – Nottingham, UK @ Royal Concert Hall
06/26 – Liverpool, UK @ Eventim Olympia
06/28 – Brighton, UK @ Brighton Dome Concert Hall
09/20 – The Lincoln Theatre, Washington, DC
09/23 – New York, NY @ Town Hall
09/25 – Cambridge, MA @ Sanders Theatre
09/27 – Montreal, QC @ Eglise Du Saint-Jean-Baptiste
09/28 – Toronto, ON @ Convocation Hall
09/30 – Chicago, IL @ Copernicus Center
10/01 – Minneapolis, MN @ Pantages Theatre
10/03 – Nashville, TN @ James K. Polk Theater
10/06 – Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater
10/08 – Portland, OR @ Revolution Hall
10/10 – New Westminster, BC @ Massey Theatre
10/11 – Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
10/13 – San Francisco, CA @ Davies Symphony Hall
10/15 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall

chuckrh
05-10-2019, 05:15 AM
i got front of the balcony tickets in seattle the next night. should be good. a bit on the spendy side but the theater is pretty small. nick is 1 of those artists i never miss if i can help it.

Shadaloo
05-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Montreal venue sold out within moments. Sadface.

loopcloses
05-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Goddamn, the last floor seat for Seattle went before my eyes in the time between when I opened the page and reserved the seat. Thankfully I got the very last lower balcony ticket. My only time going to the Moore was for St Vincent and I had the high balcony, which is almost directly vertically up making for a pretty awkward viewing experience.

october_midnight
09-23-2019, 09:29 AM
So yeah.... new double album Ghosteen announced. And it comes out next week? (https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-ghosteen) Fuck yes!

https://consequenceofsound.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Ghosteen-album-artwork.jpg

Part 1
01. The Spinning Song
02. Bright Horses
03. Waiting For You
04. Night Raid
05. Sun Forest
06. Galleon Ship
07. Ghosteen Speaks
08. Levitation

Part 2
01. Ghosteen
02. Fireflies
03. Hollywood

deadwinterskies
09-23-2019, 08:07 PM
"This is a spinning song
A song in which to spin."

zecho
09-23-2019, 09:54 PM
That's an album cover alright.

bobbie solo
09-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Yeah seriously. Swinging for the fences with that one.

Reznor2112
09-24-2019, 09:34 AM
Very excited for the new double album. That artwork title is very...on the nose. But hopefully it will help him work through everything since his son's death.

piggy
09-24-2019, 11:52 PM
Great news... but that album cover reminds me of Thomas Kinkade, yo.

eversonpoe
09-25-2019, 01:35 PM
Great news... but that album cover reminds me of Thomas Kinkade, yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5OQkxeHodk

my wife and i tried to watch this movie because we thought it would be hilariously bad (and we love jared padalecki from supernatural) but my goodness it was just too bad​ to sit through.

october_midnight
10-03-2019, 04:22 PM
About 20 min through the live premiere stream and so far it's fairly light on percussion, lots of swirling synths and I'm getting a pretty melancholy vibe from a lot of the parts I'm hearing.

diptych
10-04-2019, 02:38 AM
I really needed this right now. Goosebumps. Great stuff.

chuckrh
10-05-2019, 11:27 PM
another excellent record from nick. still absorbing it. love that nick isn't coasting on past glories!

chuckrh
11-10-2019, 11:48 AM
the cd & lp for "ghosteen" came out friday. listening to the cd now. reinforces my feeling that this the best record of the year by far. stunning on all levels.

Sebek
11-11-2019, 12:07 AM
I mean, Ghosteen is good... it's fine. They have certainly locked in their sound over the last three albums. On one hand it's wonderful, but on the other I feel like there's starting to be a lack of dynamism here. The songs from Push, Skeleton and Ghosteen all could have been on each other's albums and you'd never know the difference. I think this has been growing since Mick Harvey left the band and the collaboration with Warren Ellis has grown. What they do is magnificent but it's also become very limiting to their sound. Where's a track like Do You Love Me?, Hallelujah, There She Goes My Beautiful World, anything from Dig Lazarus Dig? It's like they hate the thought of guitar and drums these days. I'm not asking for outright bangers but just something with a little more instrumentation than sweeping strings.

And listen, I get it... who am I to complain about the man, he's a legend, he's given us so much and he drew such a shitty hand recently. I love him and I realize that after 40 years in the business he can do whatever the hell he wants. Incredible respect. I'm just longing for some Bad Seeds rhythm again.

imail724
11-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Much of this album sounds to me like if Nick Cave was the lead singer of Sigur Ros. Which is kinda cool.

BRoswell
11-11-2019, 09:29 AM
The songs from Push, Skeleton and Ghosteen all could have been on each other's albums and you'd never know the difference.

They're meant to be seen as a trilogy though, so I imagine that's intentional.

And once your whole world gets turned upside down, I think it would be kind of hard to go back to doing what you did before. Also, Cave strikes me as the sort of person who isn't interested in doing what he did before, but exploring other avenues. If he's not doing tracks like the ones you mentioned, it's because he's done that already, and because those tracks may have been written by someone who doesn't exist anymore.

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
11-11-2019, 12:09 PM
The Bad Seeds truly stopped being the Bad Seeds when Blixa left....They are in a mode now where they seem to be repeating themselves. Remember they already did the trilogy of slow piano ballad albums from 97-03 (which is one of the reasons Blixa left)......Nick has nothing to prove anymore, but man I wish he would go back to his rawer sound. I don't expect Tender Prey 2.0 or Let Love In 2.0 but I will settle for Grinderman 2.0....

henryeatscereal
11-11-2019, 12:58 PM
I mean, Ghosteen is good... it's fine. They have certainly locked in their sound over the last three albums. On one hand it's wonderful, but on the other I feel like there's starting to be a lack of dynamism here. The songs from Push, Skeleton and Ghosteen all could have been on each other's albums and you'd never know the difference. I think this has been growing since Mick Harvey left the band and the collaboration with Warren Ellis has grown. What they do is magnificent but it's also become very limiting to their sound. Where's a track like Do You Love Me?, Hallelujah, There She Goes My Beautiful World, anything from Dig Lazarus Dig? It's like they hate the thought of guitar and drums these days. I'm not asking for outright bangers but just something with a little more instrumentation than sweeping strings.

And listen, I get it... who am I to complain about the man, he's a legend, he's given us so much and he drew such a shitty hand recently. I love him and I realize that after 40 years in the business he can do whatever the hell he wants. Incredible respect. I'm just longing for some Bad Seeds rhythm again.
I get what you say, i liked "Ghosteen" just like the last 3 albums, but i also would like to hear something done on the "older style", Grinderman would be great for this.

But just like Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Dylan or Even Iggy Pop, he's doing whatever he wants and he couldn't care less to "go back" to the "older style", yet i think another album like "Dig, Lazarus, Dig" would be awesome!

11-11-2019, 02:51 PM
I get what you say, i liked "Ghosteen" just like the last 3 albums, but i also would like to hear something done on the "older style", Grinderman would be great for this.

But just like Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Dylan or Even Iggy Pop, he's doing whatever he wants and he couldn't care less to "go back" to the "older style", yet i think another album like "Dig, Lazarus, Dig" would be awesome!

He said a few months ago in one of his Q&As on his website, that he was intrigued at the idea of bringing Grinderman back so there is still hope. Those 2 Grinderman records are the best work he's done since his mid 90s Let Love In/Murder Ballads era

chuckrh
11-11-2019, 03:46 PM
The Bad Seeds truly stopped being the Bad Seeds when Blixa left....They are in a mode now where they seem to be repeating themselves. Remember they already did the trilogy of slow piano ballad albums from 97-03 (which is one of the reasons Blixa left)......Nick has nothing to prove anymore, but man I wish he would go back to his rawer sound. I don't expect Tender Prey 2.0 or Let Love In 2.0 but I will settle for Grinderman 2.0....

Word is there is a new Grinderman project in the works. Hope they tour. The show I saw was phenomenal!

PS: sorry posted too soon. didnt see the Grinderman post above mine.

r_z
11-26-2019, 09:13 AM
I'm just longing for some Bad Seeds rhythm again.
Regarding the drums there's this interesting tidbit from Nick in the latest Red Hand Files:

Thomas Wydler, our drummer, did some amazing work on this record, however, after a great deal of thought, we all felt that the drums anchored the songs to the ground and didn’t allow them to float. The decision was not made lightly or on a whim, rather it was a tough artistic decision determined by the needs of the songs themselves. Although there is little drumming on the first part of Ghosteen, Tommy’s absence is courageous and monumental and gives the record its amorphous sound. He is the very best there is.The decision as to what sort of record we make is largely out of our hands. We have no ‘intentions’ beyond meaning itself. The record must mean something, right? What more can we ask? The form that that expression of meaning comes in is, to some degree, beside the point. We are slaves to manifest meaning and masters to nothing at all.

chuckrh
12-11-2019, 08:05 AM
I would love to see Trent & Atticus do something like this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7770365/Nick-Cave-Warren-Ellis-wow-fans-Sydney-Symphony-Philharmonia-Choir.html

october_midnight
12-25-2019, 10:20 AM
Holy shit, talk about a Christmas Eve gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXtpzeNUqso

armogi
12-25-2019, 01:33 PM
what a man, i'm finally going through his discography, i've been slowly but surely purchasing every one of his records these past few weeks since ghosteen came out and it's a really fulfilling experience.
I kinda prefer his later years but there is something rewarding in every single release.

eversonpoe
12-25-2019, 03:24 PM
what a man, i'm finally going through his discography, i've been slowly but surely purchasing every one of his records these past few weeks since ghosteen came out and it's a really fulfilling experience.
I kinda prefer his later years but there is something rewarding in every single release.

interesting! i definitely prefer his early-to-middle period (honestly everything up until "dig lazarus dig", which is their first album that didn't do much for me) but it's always exciting when someone else gets into something!

have you been getting CDs, vinyl, or digital? the 5.1 mixes on the CD/DVD releases that came out about ten years ago are pretty cool (and each DVD has a little documentary about the band around the time period of each album), and the remastered vinyl (which i'm pretty sure uses the same stereo mixes from the CD portion of those releases) sounds fantastic.

Space Suicide
12-25-2019, 04:14 PM
From Your Funeral... My Trial to The Boatman's Call is gold.

Hate to be generic but Let Love is in so great and my favorite. Do You Love Me?, Loverman, Jangling Jack and Red Right Hand are the best.

armogi
12-25-2019, 05:22 PM
interesting! i definitely prefer his early-to-middle period (honestly everything up until "dig lazarus dig", which is their first album that didn't do much for me) but it's always exciting when someone else gets into something!

have you been getting CDs, vinyl, or digital? the 5.1 mixes on the CD/DVD releases that came out about ten years ago are pretty cool (and each DVD has a little documentary about the band around the time period of each album), and the remastered vinyl (which i'm pretty sure uses the same stereo mixes from the CD portion of those releases) sounds fantastic.

I'm not too fussy about the medium and I have been getting back into CDs lately so I bought the 90's pressings mostly, so many bargains with these now.
I read good things about the 09 remasters so i will have to check them out eventually.

I find his recent work to be more emotional if that makes sense but the 90s stuff is impossible to discount really, it's mostly the 80s that i am less driven to.

12-25-2019, 06:50 PM
From Her To Eternity is still my favorite. It merges The Birthday Party with the Bad Seeds sound more than any of his other albums....Firstborn Is Dead doesn't get a lot of love (aside from Tupelo). Thats another brilliant album. Closest hes ever come to doing a blues record

eversonpoe
12-25-2019, 09:20 PM
From Her To Eternity is still my favorite. It merges The Birthday Party with the Bad Seeds sound more than any of his other albums....Firstborn Is Dead doesn't get a lot of love (aside from Tupelo). Thats another brilliant album. Closest hes ever come to doing a blues record

first born is dead is my fav album from the 80s.
let love in and henry's dream are tied for the 90s.
and abattoir blues / lyre of orpheus is probably my fav album overall.

the only single song i dislike from before "dig..." is "deanna" which i could die happy without ever having to hear again. even when my mom and i saw them live and they played it i just wanted it to end hahahaha

12-26-2019, 11:59 AM
None of those Firstborn songs are ever played live (other than Tupelo) But there are a few SBDs floating around from 85 where he practically plays the entire album live which is sick....Henry's Dream is a masterpiece. No idea why he hated the production so much.....Let Love In is probably his masterpiece and the definitive Bad Seeds LP....If any of my friends ask me what the Bad Seeds sound like, I always tell them to listen to that album first

frankie teardrop
01-02-2020, 09:28 AM
my favorite of the 80s is your funeral, my trial.
fav. from the 90s is let love in or the boatman's call.
all time favorite is probably no more shall we part.
don't really care for nocturama (has a few good songs though), grinderman, or dig lazarus dig (aside from a song or two).

―\_(ツ)_/―

henryeatscereal
01-02-2020, 01:27 PM
My favorite from the 80's is "Kicking Against the Pricks", i know its a covers album, but i enjoy it from top to bottom
Favorite from the 90's is "Henry's Dream" (despite the weak production)
Favorite from 00's is "Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!"
All time fav probably is "Let Love In", but i love "Henry's dream"
Don't care for "Nocturama" and "No More Shall we Part" (it's a good album, but never in the mood for it...)

eversonpoe
01-02-2020, 10:07 PM
"No More Shall we Part" (it's a good album, but never in the mood for it...)

this is exactly how i feel about it, too! i have a hard time with the albums that don't have any/many loud songs, and this having only one (dead man in my bed) makes it hard for it to hold my attention. the boatman's call is another one that i'm basically never in the mood for, despite liking pretty much all the songs on it.

henryeatscereal
01-02-2020, 10:35 PM
this is exactly how i feel about it, too! i have a hard time with the albums that don't have any/many loud songs, and this having only one (dead man in my bed) makes it hard for it to hold my attention. the boatman's call is another one that i'm basically never in the mood for, despite liking pretty much all the songs on it.
For some reason it never holds my attention, funny, 'cause for "similar" albums like "The Boatman's Call" or "Push the Sky Away" i'm usually in the mood.
I like most of the songs on "No More Shall We Part", so yes, it's weird, maybe the lenght? I'm starting to feel similar towards "Ghosteen"...

chuckrh
01-04-2020, 05:52 AM
just watched "Distant Sky" again. IMHO, its 1 of the best pure concert films ever & gets better with every view. hopefully Nick will release it with the full on 5.1 mix at some point. I've never seen Nick in a large venue (except for Lollapalooza the year Smashing Pumpkins headlined) & I like he has managed to keep the shows intimate in an arena setting. I recently saw a "Conversations" show in a small theater & realize those days are gone for Bad Seeds shows. I will miss seeing them in smaller venues but Nick has definitely paid his dues & deserves the respect. Along with Trent, Nick is 1 of the few artists who has managed to not be chained down by his past & continued to grow. Really hope they bring the tour to the US next fall after the European run. Am excited to hear what they do with the "Ghosteen" material live. Such an amazing record!

chuckrh
01-17-2020, 06:36 PM
from today's Red Hand Files:

Making art is a form of madness — we slip deep within our own singular vision and become lost to it. There is no musician on Earth that is as committed to their own derangement as Kanye, and in this respect, at this point in time, he is our greatest artist.

october_midnight
02-18-2020, 09:32 AM
New North American tour dates. Another Vancouver show? Yes please.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds 2020 Tour Dates:

04/22 – Lisbon, PT @ Campo Pequeno
04/23 – Lisbon, PT @ Campo Pequeno
04/25 – Madrid, ES @ WiZink Center
04/26 – Barcelona, ES @ Palau Sant Jordi
04/29 – Amsterdam, NL @ Ziggo Dome
04/30 – Antwerp, BE @ Sportpaleis
05/02 – Birmingham, UK @ Arena Birmingham
05/03 – Cardiff, UK @ Motorpoint Arena
05/05 – Glasgow, UK @ The SSE Hydro
05/06 – Manchester, UK @ Manchester Arena
05/08 – Dublin, IE @ 3Arena
05/09 – Dublin, IE @ 3Arena
05/12 – Leeds, UK @ First Direct Arena
05/14 – London, UK @ The O2
05/15 – London, UK @ The O2
05/17 – Cologne, DE @ Lanxess Arena
05/18 – Hamburg, DE @ Barclaycard Arena
05/20 – Copenhagen, DK @ Royal Arena
05/21 – Copenhagen, DK @ Royal Arena
05/23 – Stockholm, SE @ Ericsson Globe
05/25 – Oslo, NO @ Spektrum
05/27 – Berlin, DE @ Mercedes-Benz Arena
05/28 – Gliwice, PL @ Arena Gliwice
05/30 – Prague, CZ @ Arena
06/01 – Vienna, AT @ Stadthalle
06/02 – Budapest, HU @ Lαszlσ Papp Budapest Sportarιna
06/04 – Belgrade, HR @ Stark Arena
06/06 – Munich, DE @ Olympiahalle
06/08 – Zurich, CH @ Hallenstadion
06/09 – Milan, IT @ Mediolanum Forum
06/11 – Rome, IT @ Cavea Auditorium Parco della Musica
06/14 – Paris, FR @ AccorHotels Arena
06/17 – Tel Aviv, IS @ Bloomfield Stadium
09/16 – Minneapolis, MN @ The Armory
09/19 – Chicago, IL @ UIC Pavilion *
09/21 – Detroit, MI @ Masonic Temple *
09/23 – Philadelphia, PA @ Skyline Stage at the Mann *
09/25 – Boston, MA @ Agganis Arena *
09/26 – Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center *
09/28 – Montreal, QC @ Place Bell
09/29 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
10/01 – Washington, DC @ The Anthem
10/03 – Atlanta, GA @ The Fox
10/04 – Nashville, TN @ Grand Ole Opry House
10/06 – Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
10/08 – Denver, CO @ The Mission Ballroom
10/10 – Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center *
10/12 – San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium *
10/14 – Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theatre *
10/15 – Portland, OR @ Theater of the Clouds
10/17 – Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum

* = w/ Weyes Blood

chuckrh
02-20-2020, 11:01 AM
Presale 10 AM Wednesday. AEG password: HOLLYWOOD

chuckrh
02-20-2020, 11:39 AM
Presale 10 AM Wednesday. AEG password: HOLLYWOOD

10 AM Thursday. Sorry!

imail724
02-21-2020, 09:12 AM
Wow, they're selling $20 tickets for Barclays. I don't know if I'm going to have anyone to go with, but I just jumped on 2 tickets for the first row of that section.

frankie teardrop
02-21-2020, 01:15 PM
Wow, they're selling $20 tickets for Barclays. I don't know if I'm going to have anyone to go with, but I just jumped on 2 tickets for the first row of that section.

hm. where are the seats? i'd join, perhaps.

imail724
02-21-2020, 02:25 PM
hm. where are the seats? i'd join, perhaps.
It's in the nosebleeds, but I figured $20 for the very first row can't be that bad. I don't think I've ever been anywhere but GA at Barclay's though, so I honestly don't know how bad it is that high up.

chuckrh
02-21-2020, 05:23 PM

The Staples Center in LA has $20 seats, too.

bobbie solo
02-26-2020, 02:14 AM
imail724 high up at Barclays kinda sucks. Be warned. First row of the section helps, but it still sucks up there. And I've found concerts sound the worst there of all the NYC area arenas (not that they sound good in any arena, but high up at Barclays will prolly not sound good).

imail724
02-26-2020, 09:40 AM
@imail724 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=207) high up at Barclays kinda sucks. Be warned. First row of the section helps, but it still sucks up there. And I've found concerts sound the worst there of all the NYC area arenas (not that they sound good in any arena, but high up at Barclays will prolly not sound good).
Yeah I kind of figured that, but for $20 I couldn't pass it up. I probably wouldn't have bit if the first or second row wasn't available.

chuckrh
03-19-2020, 09:26 AM
In today's Red Hand Files, Nick announced tour of Europe, England & (shhh don't tell Roger Waters) Israel has been postponed. New dates to be announced later.

imail724
03-19-2020, 09:43 AM
How come no one ever told me about Grinderman? Listening to the first album now and it's great!

eversonpoe
03-19-2020, 11:45 AM
How come no one ever told me about Grinderman? Listening to the first album now and it's great!

first one is great, they tried to bring that energy to the bad seeds with Dig Lazaraus Dig (and didn't quite succeed in my opinion), second album is good but not as great as the first one.

chuckrh
03-19-2020, 04:52 PM
first one is great, they tried to bring that energy to the bad seeds with Dig Lazaraus Dig (and didn't quite succeed in my opinion), second album is good but not as great as the first one.

The remix album for Grinderman 2 is pretty damn interesting, especially the one with Robert Fripp. Grinderman were incredible live. Nick has hinted that there may be more coming.

henryeatscereal
03-19-2020, 07:29 PM
The remix album for Grinderman 2 is pretty damn interesting, especially the one with Robert Fripp. Grinderman were incredible live. Nick has hinted that there may be more coming.
The world needs Grinderman 3, now

chuckrh
04-08-2020, 04:50 AM
EUROPEAN AND UK TOUR 2021 - RESCHEDULED DATES
Sat 10 April - Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium
Sun 11 April - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Tue 13 April - Utilita Arena, Birmingham, UK
Thu 15 April - The O2, London, UK
Fri 16 April - The O2, London, UK
Sun 18 April - First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK
Tue 20 April - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK
Wed 21 April - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK
Fri 23 April - 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Sat 24 April - 3Arena, Dublin, Ireland
Mon 26 April - Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, UK
Wed 28 April - AccorHotels Arena, Paris, France
Thu 29 April - Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany
Sat 1 May - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
Sun 2 May - Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tue 4 May - Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden
Wed 5 May - Spektrum, Oslo, Norway
Fir 7 May - Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, Germany
Sat 8 May - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin, Germany
Mon 10 May - Arena Gliwice, Gliwice, Poland
Wed 12 May - Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria
Thu 13 May - Lαszlσ Papp Budapest Sportarιna, Hungary
Sat 15 May - Stark Arena, Belgrade, Serbia
Mon 17 May - O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
Wed 19 May - Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany
Thu 20 May - Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy
Sun 23 May - WiZink Center, Madrid, Spain
Mon 24 May - Altice Arena, Lisbon, Portugal
Thu 27 May - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
Fri 28 May - Zιnith Toulouse Mιtropole, Toulouse, France
Mon 31 May - Rome Palazzo dello Sport, Rome, Italy *
Thu 3 June - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
Mon 7 June - Bloomfield Stadium, Tel Aviv, Israel

ChipRock
04-08-2020, 05:34 AM
Yeah I could go some new Grinderman. Good call!
Good news on the revised tour dates too - was hoping it wouldn't be too soon. It does seem a long way off, but it's going to be a while before things get back to normal.

october_midnight
04-24-2020, 09:50 AM
Oh shit, Bad Seed TeeVee is a new official Nick Cave 24/7 streaming channel with videos, music, rarities, live shows...yussss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbWdmZ7hXY4&feature=emb_title

chuckrh
04-25-2020, 04:52 AM
Oh shit, Bad Seed TeeVee is a new official Nick Cave 24/7 streaming channel with videos, music, rarities, live shows...yussss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbWdmZ7hXY4&feature=emb_title

this is fabulous

Michalrose
04-25-2020, 10:13 AM
I’m loving this, makes quarantine a little easier.
thanks Nick and Bad Seeds.

chuckrh
04-30-2020, 02:55 AM
Cosmic Dancer video from upcoming T Rex tribute. Simply stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc7mDChiiNU

chuckrh
06-09-2020, 04:50 PM
North American tour cancelled, not postponed. Time to fight with ticketbastard about the refund.

https://pitchfork.com/news/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-cancel-tour-with-weyes-blood/

armogi
06-09-2020, 10:48 PM
North American tour cancelled, not postponed. Time to fight with ticketbastard about the refund.

https://pitchfork.com/news/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-cancel-tour-with-weyes-blood/

very disappointed but not surprised, patience patience.

Refunds will be automatic, not sure what else you want to fight TM for but good luck!

chuckrh
06-10-2020, 05:53 AM
very disappointed but not surprised, patience patience.

Refunds will be automatic, not sure what else you want to fight TM for but good luck!

Was just a general statement about refunds from the big boys. Very reluctant to give that cash back. Out of several shows, I've only had 2 where refunds were no hassle albeit with a 30 day wait. I could've gotten a refund on Roger Waters (he stepped in & insisted with the promoters) but I got really good tickets so I'm going to hang on to them. Hoping there will be a vaccine by the time he tours. Indeed, hoping that he will tour. At his age, its no sure thing. Winter is here in regards to live music. I've read a few articles that say that 90% of independent venues in the US won't be coming back without government help. All that will be left standing will be the corporate sheds & big arenas. Not ideal.

chuckrh
06-19-2020, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&v=pQ6SuW7RDKI&feature=emb_l ogo

october_midnight
07-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Nick Cave announces live piano concert. (https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/07/nick-cave-idiot-prayer-solo-piano-livestream)

october_midnight
09-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Vinyl release of Nick's recent solo piano performance are now up. (https://store.nickcave.com/products/idiot-prayer-nick-cave-alone-at-alexandra-palace?variant=32424720859202)

imail724
02-25-2021, 09:02 AM
New album from Nick Cave and Warren Ellis, Carnage, streaming now. (https://twitter.com/nickcave/status/1364924853904674816?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)

The Doctor
02-25-2021, 07:15 PM
I’ve had this album on repeat today. Loving it so far! “White Elephant” is one his most direct political commentaries and its masterfully done. And “Albuquerque” is a great ballad that sums up life in a pandemic. The more immediate nature of it has me giving it far more listens than I did Ghosteen when it first dropped.

How’s everybody else feeling about the new album?

New album from Nick Cave and Warren Ellis, Carnage, streaming now. (https://twitter.com/nickcave/status/1364924853904674816?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet)

ChipRock
02-26-2021, 03:42 AM
Just taking a first listen now, and already I like this a whole bunch more than Ghosteen. No hating, but that last album just didn't connect with me compared to the previous couple. I missed the presence of the Bad Seeds last time around, but Carnage sounds like a much more natural collaboration with Warren that doesn't require the rest of the band. Just hoping now to hear about rescheduled tour dates. Oh yes, and as it's pay day I'll also be having a bash at the Road Crew raffle https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/nctbs-crew-fundraiser

chuckrh
02-27-2021, 04:54 AM
I’ve had this album on repeat today. Loving it so far! “White Elephant” is one his most direct political commentaries and its masterfully done. And “Albuquerque” is a great ballad that sums up life in a pandemic. The more immediate nature of it has me giving it far more listens than I did Ghosteen when it first dropped.

How’s everybody else feeling about the new album?

Another absolute stunner! Nick is on quite a roll musically since "Push the Sky Away". I hope we get to see him with the Bad Seeds in the sort of near future. Last concert I saw before the shit hit the fan was Red Hand Files in Seattle, November 2019. Had tickets for the cancelled tour. I've got a feeling that Trent & Atticus will be enjoying "Carnage".

r_z
03-01-2021, 01:52 AM
"turning chickens into fountains..."

:eek:

03-03-2021, 05:35 PM
The Bad Seeds died after Murder Ballads.....Everything since has just been mostly piano ballad albums with the occasional one off conventional rock record (Dig Lazarus Dig).....Everything Nick touched from 1980-1996 was fucking perfection but man I just am tired of these ballad albums. I wish he would do something back in the blues genre. Bring back the raucous Bad Seeds sound

zecho
03-03-2021, 08:33 PM
The Bad Seeds died after Murder Ballads.....Everything since has just been mostly piano ballad albums with the occasional one off conventional rock record (Dig Lazarus Dig).....Everything Nick touched from 1980-1996 was fucking perfection but man I just am tired of these ballad albums. I wish he would do something back in the blues genre. Bring back the raucous Bad Seeds sound

I could not disagree with this more. I feel like I have the exact opposite feeling. I've enjoyed everything he's put out, but I love the sound of Abattoir Blues, and anything that's in that direction atmospherically is a big hit with me.

eversonpoe
03-03-2021, 10:43 PM

I could not disagree with this more. I feel like I have the exact opposite feeling. I've enjoyed everything he's put out, but I love the sound of Abattoir Blues, and anything that's in that direction atmospherically is a big hit with me.

abattoir / lyre is one of my fav bad seeds albums but i haven't liked anything they've done since then. it was also their best album SINCE murder ballads.

piggy
03-03-2021, 11:16 PM
Same. I haven't liked anything since 2004. I appreciate the fact that the more recent albums branch out and explore, but they just don't do anything for me.

henryeatscereal
08-31-2021, 11:50 AM
*Bump*

This thread hasn't been touched in a while.

I jut wanted to mention the "new" song for the B-Sides & Rarities Part 2, is beautiful (i think it's a Grinderman B Side actually) and a welcome reminder of the older style before the "Push the Sky Away" trilogy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY54Svcs1og

chuckrh
08-31-2021, 12:43 PM
Nick had a nice tribute to Charlie Watts in the latest Red Hand Files.

r_z
08-31-2021, 01:05 PM
i think it's a Grinderman B Side actually

Nick said it's from 2006, probably from shortly before they formed Grinderman. Which you can hear imo, as it's not as rough as the Grinderman material...

henryeatscereal
08-31-2021, 02:11 PM
Nick said it's from 2006, probably from shortly before they formed Grinderman. Which you can hear imo, as it's not as rough as the Grinderman material...
Yes, it sounds more like an "Abbatoir Blues" track, although Grinderman had some "mellow tracks" like "Man in the Moon", "Chain of Flowers" or "Palaces of Montezuma", so i could see the song being on both bands with no issue, but it does sound more like a Bad Seeds track.

henryeatscereal
10-23-2021, 02:28 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/8256/8002/products/2_NCBSIDES_CDX_4050538626872_EXP_1024x1024@2x.jpg? v=1628768459

So far, so good, love the early versions of the Skeleton Tree tracks and i'm happy he finally released "Animal X" and "Give us a Kiss".

Michalrose
10-25-2021, 03:58 PM
Fantastic!

10-25-2021, 05:26 PM
A bunch of Grinderman unreleased tracks leaked awhile back and a lot of them were mellow songs. Probably were from the early writing sessions since they pick up where Abbatoir Blues left off and Nick was still in balladeer mode

chuckrh
11-16-2021, 11:34 AM
Nick & Warren tickets for North America in the spring going on sale Friday. Woo hoo!

imail724
03-18-2022, 09:15 AM
Bumping this thread just to say 'Straight To You' is such an incredible, incredible song. I've listened to Henry's Dream a few times, but for whatever reason this track never stood out to me until I watched the video last night. Now I'm obsessed and can't stop playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYbOHXMtelU

ChipRock
03-18-2022, 10:47 AM
I watched the video last night. Now I'm obsessed

Perhaps you're already familiar, but this has reminded me of the Best Of Videos DVD which includes chat from Nick and the band in between songs.

In this case they mainly talk about how drunk they got in between takes, while the stage was re-set. Very amusing indeed.

henryeatscereal
03-18-2022, 11:07 AM
Bumping this thread just to say 'Straight To You' is such an incredible, incredible song. I've listened to Henry's Dream a few times, but for whatever reason this track never stood out to me until I watched the video last night. Now I'm obsessed and can't stop playing it.
Henry's Dream is one of my favorites, only bad thing of it is the production, it could have been so much better!

imail724
03-18-2022, 12:19 PM
Henry's Dream is one of my favorites, only bad thing of it is the production, it could have been so much better!I definitely need to spend more time with it. I've only been a fan for less than 10 years, so I've had to listen to the whole back catalog at once. I've now listened to every album 2 or 3 times (some more than others), but I'm only recently starting to really distinguish the different eras now that I've been buying them on vinyl and listening multiple times. Its just these past few weeks of relistening to everything that I've really been becoming a huge fan. Gonna have to pickup Henry's Dream next.

chuckrh
03-18-2022, 12:23 PM
I saw Nick & Warren Ellis last night & it was amazing. Nick was in a great mood & did a nice, long show. Very cool lighting design. I hope we get the Bad Seeds in the US next year!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/teMpXf4vcVV08U-JQuSxcm3xn-1hfL13k0ggrQt7NP1B7T5JoIE3ybsy_S36TW9Bav32nrHHrgSL Xz5AH3H0hS98FVjdB0gsXdRvz46sx7fsMnYzx1Z8jdE_SNzGxt Rbi6nUIvq1OYZNmrCxIVSAkVYDhwwyyFIvu8o0DMyfeggaB33P 1pRhD4p6R1i62G4gyU3da6ImU_7dL8bLxm5Xe3CE7fieyXW9Rr x82F_vHoAeaObMefItyRF6vkfYmtGChVCIa762W7TQ6kN_3_Pr GF9sPoKun6OWRBZ7xqNSfky62wC6eg4FKZqYtSnupNLEiIEv-4gQQAR1dX5eivI7thXGYf5Hng10XHbOlYPorcc-wxw9blp54ZBngbiiawQRZ8IYBKdxmW2bXeIZtJuIBdZetI3Tj_ gzQhXcHSakOU66jYCVXKyxCt87XeE-ncjxxsc51yaHeoFjPUO4u903JjhQrFlC7j34bcjl4doxOXqrFl CfZoPiKo7WAzwkBbSm8e7rMJ75akQyS0UtRwegC7mp1Q3fRw93 e7Yylt722m4NsIXHIsC9kxuGuShc8zfBgNndDgjLgEE3J5kJes xjh5LoYK44ZOizFrVAX8uWLc-3xZnsR7heUa_GdiKzlE1zT07i4vbOIqMmPGfjmF8RJp2JrKYUB cWo2QNPLeGwtmsgeZMnJzoqOy7G6o_YTUQwehD-vgRQNBB4m3eBZFNB0qXEk_AEctgcdrtphsIdg8TG8fCVO9GHIo OKz2k=w653-h870-no?authuser=0

piggy
03-18-2022, 02:41 PM
I've always loved this one. My favorite thing about it is the meta part of the lyrics where he says, "Gone are the days of rainbows And gone are the nights of swinging from the stars" in reference to "Brother, My Cup Is Empty" where he says, "I've been sliding down on rainbows I've been swinging from the stars."

henryeatscereal
03-19-2022, 03:17 PM
I definitely need to spend more time with it. I've only been a fan for less than 10 years, so I've had to listen to the whole back catalog at once. I've now listened to every album 2 or 3 times (some more than others), but I'm only recently starting to really distinguish the different eras now that I've been buying them on vinyl and listening multiple times. Its just these past few weeks of relistening to everything that I've really been becoming a huge fan. Gonna have to pickup Henry's Dream next.
That's the cool thing about Nick, all his albums have great replay value and you can always find a "hidden" jewel like "Straight to You", while you are at it, check "John Finn's Wife", one of my favorite songs from "Henry's Dream", but actually the live version (from "Bad Seeds") is far superior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7e9XUPY2QI&list=OLAK5uy_l8azspxqVx4oY3Gw1 Vd9tm8r6Bidn4jAc&index=6

chuckrh
03-19-2022, 03:25 PM
That's the cool thing about Nick, all his albums have great replay value and you can always find a "hidden" jewel like "Straight to You", while you are at it, check "John Finn's Wife", one of my favorite songs from "Henry's Dream", but actually the live version (from "Bad Seeds") if far superior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7e9XUPY2QI&list=OLAK5uy_l8azspxqVx4oY3Gw1 Vd9tm8r6Bidn4jAc&index=6

Live Seeds is one of my favorite records by anyone.

henryeatscereal
03-19-2022, 04:02 PM
Live Seeds is one of my favorite records by anyone.
It was the first Nick Cave album i ever bought!

imail724
03-19-2022, 04:06 PM
I already planned on picking up Live Seeds from this year's RSD, after only having listened to it once. Really looking forward to spinning it a bunch now.

october_midnight
05-09-2022, 10:44 AM
Absolutely devastating news. Nick has lost another son. Jethro Lazenby dead at 30. (https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61383411)

henryeatscereal
05-09-2022, 12:58 PM
This is unreal, poor guy...

chuckrh
05-09-2022, 02:43 PM
Absolutely devastating news. Nick has lost another son. Jethro Lazenby dead at 30. (https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61383411)
Sounds like he was a troubled soul. RIP.

piggy
05-09-2022, 05:35 PM
God damn.

marodi
05-09-2022, 06:01 PM
No parent should have to bury a child, much less two. There are no words for a pain like this.

May Jethro rest in peace and may his parents find the strenght to get through this.

Erneuert
05-09-2022, 10:34 PM
Really sad.

october_midnight
03-23-2023, 11:35 AM
2023 tour announced with Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead on bass. (https://consequence.net/2023/03/nick-cave-2023-solo-tour/)

Nick Cave 2023 Tour Dates:
09/19 — Asheville, NC @ Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
09/21 — Durham, NC @ DPAC
09/23 — Washington, D.C. @ Lincoln Theatre
09/25 — Cleveland, OH @ Playhouse Square
09/27 — Milwaukee, WE @ Riverside Theater
09/29 — Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre
10/02 — Minneapolis, MN @ State Theatre
10/06 — Brooklyn, NY @ Kings Theatre
10/07 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
10/10 — Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre
10/12 — Montreal, QC @ Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier
10/14 — Toronto, ON @ Massey Hall
10/15 — Detroit, MI @ Masonic Cathedral Theatre
10/17 — Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
10/20 — Atlanta, GA @ Atlanta Symphony Hall
10/22 — Dallas, TX @ Majestic Theatre
10/23 — Austin, TX @ ACL at The Moody
10/27 — Los Angeles, CA @ Orpheum Theatre
10/28 — Los Angeles, CA @ Orpheum Theatre

Sebek
08-19-2023, 11:25 PM
Now updated to include fall book tour dates in support of Faith, Love and Carnage:

Nick Cave 2023 Tour Dates:
09/19 — Asheville, NC @ Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
09/21 — Durham, NC @ DPAC
09/23 — Washington, DC @ Politics and Prose *
09/23 — Washington, DC @ Lincoln Theatre
09/25 — Cleveland, OH @ Playhouse Square
09/27 — Milwaukee, WE @ Riverside Theater
09/29 — Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre
09/30 — Chicago, IL @ Seminary Co-op *
10/02 — Minneapolis, MN @ State Theatre
10/05 — New York, NY @ Strand Book Store *
10/05 — New York, NY @ 92nd Street Y #
10/06 — Brooklyn, NY @ Kings Theatre
10/07 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
10/08 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
10/10 — Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre
10/11 — Cambridge, MA @ Harvard Book Store *
10/12 — Montreal, QC @ Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier
10/14 — Toronto, ON @ Massey Hall
10/15 — Detroit, MI @ Masonic Cathedral Theatre
10/17 — Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
10/18 — Nashville, TN @ Parnassus Books *
10/20 — Atlanta, GA @ Atlanta Symphony Hall
10/22 — Dallas, TX @ Majestic Theatre
10/23 — Austin, TX @ ACL at The Moody
10/24 — Austin, TX @ BookPeople *
10/27 — Los Angeles, CA @ Orpheum Theatre
10/28 — Los Angeles, CA @ Orpheum Theatre
10/29 — Los Angeles, CA @ Orpheum Theatre
10/30 — West Hollywood, CA @ Book Soup *
* = In-store book signing
# = In conversation with Sean O’Hagan

Also, Nick Cave (https://consequence.net/artist/nick-cave/) has teamed up with the Miraculous Love Kids of Afghanistan (https://miraculouslovekids.org/) — a musical group of girl refugees — for their new single “Breathless/Beautiful.”
https://consequence.net/2023/07/nick-cave-miraculous-love-kids-breathless-beautiful-stream/

muad'nin
08-31-2023, 05:57 AM
https://www.ilikeyouroldstuff.com/sites/g/files/g2000009801/files/inline-images/nick-cave-boys-next-door.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0015/9429/4325/files/nc5_480x480.jpg?v=1603297687

He was so fucking beautiful.

barkhammer
08-31-2023, 06:36 PM
While I'm here, this looks like a must-watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhmSg9zUgFo

muad'nin
09-01-2023, 05:09 AM

I caught this at the Melbourne International Film Festival a couple of weeks ago. Mick Harvey was there for the post-doco Q&A, and I can confirm that the film is fucking brilliant. I feel so fortunate to have had the chance to see it in a beautiful theatre (where the band itself once played), only minutes from St Kilda, Melbourne, where the group lived out so much of their history. An incredible night.

Michalrose
09-08-2023, 05:34 PM
Yes! He had epic hair. He’s almost 66 now but I still love him. He is brilliant.

muad'nin
09-09-2023, 02:09 AM
I do love his hair in those photos, absolutely. :o Some of the live footage from that era has him exercising an almost-controlled chaos that I find so seductive, too. He just gave himself over to the music, which I find so sexy.

chuckrh
01-20-2024, 05:01 AM

Finally watched this. Fantastic documentary. I'm pretty into Rowland S. Howard & there's plenty of good footage of him. Lost him way too young.

imail724
03-05-2024, 11:02 AM
Some kind of announcement coming tomorrow. There's a countdown on nickcave.com with the text "Wild God".

october_midnight
03-05-2024, 01:49 PM
Assuming it's a new single, though I'm sure we can all agree if it was new album, preorder, etc. that'd be better lol. Can't wait.

october_midnight
03-06-2024, 11:21 AM
Assuming it's a new single, though I'm sure we can all agree if it was new album, preorder, etc. that'd be better lol. Can't wait.

Well shit, lol. Preorders up!

https://twitter.com/nickcave/status/1765425876701753386

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgsn7la3jg

blitzkrieg
03-06-2024, 04:43 PM
I'm in love with Nick's music for a long time now.
This new track gave me mixed feelings. Happy to hear something punchier than latests (beautiful) Lp's, but... this single seems not very inspired at my first listen

chuckrh
03-06-2024, 05:34 PM
Hope we get a proper Bad Seeds tour in the states for this.

muad'nin
03-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Went to a Roland S. Howard tribute show here in Melbourne this week. Mick Harvey on drums, his brother Harry on bass, various guests… Was a great night in an intimate venue/theatre. Lots of folks there from back in the day, when TBP would play in St. Kilda regularly.

I’m so grateful to be in such close geographical proximity to Howard’s and the band’s history.

muad'nin
04-26-2024, 07:51 AM
Saw NC with Colin Greenwood last night. For the first time in …decades(?) I was in tears throughout a show. Holy hell what a gig. Been an emotional wreck for the past 24 hours.

<Attempted set list paste from setlist.fm below - please excuse the formatting>

Girl in Amber (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=13cb058d)
(Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-23d6a877.html) song)
Play Video (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave/2024/plenary-hall-melbourne-convention-and-exhibition-centre-melbourne-australia-33abc8f5.html#)
Higgs Boson Blues (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=43db0783)
(Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-23d6a877.html) song)
Play Video (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave/2024/plenary-hall-melbourne-convention-and-exhibition-centre-melbourne-australia-33abc8f5.html#)
Galleon Ship (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=5bf813e4)
Euthanasia (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=53f813e5)

O Children (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=3d66ddf)
I Need You (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=13cb0581)
Waiting for You (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=23fa20db)
Papa Won't Leave You, Henry (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=bd665c6)
Balcony Man (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=3e4891f)
(Nick Cave & Warren Ellis (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-cave-and-warren-ellis-3f7713f.html) cover)
Carnage (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=1be48924)
(Nick Cave & Warren Ellis (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-cave-and-warren-ellis-3f7713f.html) cover)
The Mercy Seat (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=7bd7a2d8)
Black Hair (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=4bda7f06)
There Is a Kingdom (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=5bdcc7e8)
(Are You) The One That I've Been Waiting For? (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=33c62c71)
Love Letter (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=bd60922)
The Weeping Song (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=23d798b3)
Into My Arms (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=13d625e5)
Jubilee Street (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=43db078f)
Push the Sky Away (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=4bdb0782)
Encore:
The Ship Song (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=6bd79e1a)
Shivers (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=1bda2568)
(The Boys Next Door (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-boys-next-door-23d6a82f.html) song) (Dedicated on the night to Roland S. Howard)
Palaces of Montezuma (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=23d38c03)
(Grinderman (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/grinderman-2bd6a8ea.html) song)
Give Us a Kiss (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=7bc63ac0)
God Is in the House (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=73d7da91)
(Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-23d6a877.html) song) (Restarted the song after missing a beat in the first verse)
The Carnival Is Over (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/nick-cave-2bd6a852.html?songid=5bda2b7c)
(The Seekers (https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-seekers-1bd7a520.html) cover)
Play Vide (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-cave/2024/plenary-hall-melbourne-convention-and-exhibition-centre-melbourne-australia-33abc8f5.html#)

muad'nin
04-28-2024, 03:58 AM
https://youtu.be/7X1LThFfA8U?si=Rc4TuapXDi9Fmfrl

I’m sure this is old to most, but it’s new to me. And… sheesh!

chuckrh
04-28-2024, 04:19 AM
https://youtu.be/7X1LThFfA8U?si=Rc4TuapXDi9Fmfrl

I’m sure this is old to most, but it’s new to me. And… sheesh!
Shocking that Billy lived through the interview.