PDA

View Full Version : NIN 2013 Tour Rehearsal Audio

Pages : 1 [2]

martin_b
08-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Whoaaaa!!! What a nice suprise during this morning! :-D Thanks!

Kyle
08-26-2013, 02:40 AM
I first heard the news via antiquiet (http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/08/download-nine-inch-nails-nin-rehearsal-mp3/) I accidentally made a thread to share these news without knowing the existence of this very thread, sorry :p (if some admin wanna delete it, it's OK)

So if I'm reading that link right, antiquiet posted a download link to the unedited rehearsal footage with the banter? If that's the case, it looks like the cat is officially out of the bag.

nooneimportant
08-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Well this is certainly amazing.

ManBurning
08-26-2013, 03:10 AM
So if I'm reading that link right, antiquiet posted a download link to the unedited rehearsal footage with the banter? If that's the case, it looks like the cat is officially out of the bag.

Who the hell put the damn cat in the bag to begin with? The poor thing will sufficate! Glad someone took it out, geez...

Kyle
08-26-2013, 03:11 AM
Who the hell put the damn cat in the bag to begin with? The poor thing will sufficate! Glad someone took it out, geez...

Schrodinger

cynicmuse
08-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Schrodinger Schrödinger stuck his 1/sqrt(2){|dead>+|alive>} cat in a box, not a bag.

It's nice to finally hear all of the background noises in Find My Way.

howdidislipinto
08-26-2013, 04:03 AM
Just want to thank everyone who helped get this out there (though I'm also sorry that it'll no doubt make certain people unhappy), because some of the stuff here is incredible. The Day The World Went Away pretty much moved me to tears.

Ryan
08-26-2013, 04:06 AM
Listening now, amazing stuff. I have mine tagged like this -

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3760/rf3o.jpg

fillow
08-26-2013, 04:24 AM
performed on tour but missing from this set (just posting for completeness sake):

Something I Can Never Have
Suck
Reptile
Dead Souls
Somewhat Damaged
The Beginning of the End
The Good Soldier
The Warning

Ryan
08-26-2013, 05:10 AM
Fucking LOL at the first line of "Only" from the rehearsals. Nice one Trent.

NickL
08-26-2013, 05:32 AM
TORRENT (removed, PM me)
Here's a magnet of in between chatting only.

if it's not okay with the admins please delete it. it's not a direct link. it's a link to pastebin.

FAPPYcat
08-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Something I've been wrapping my head around is this whole "don't mind the guys with the video, we control this" comment. I'm wondering where this was filmed...

Was this one of the stage demos, where the band performs on the stage to test the effects? We know they have video of all of that because we've seen the one-minute trailer.

Tyson
08-26-2013, 07:23 AM
I assumed it was recorded in the rehearsal studio you see in Rob's pics.

Kyle
08-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Schrödinger stuck his 1/sqrt(2){|dead>+|alive>} cat in a box, not a bag.

It's nice to finally hear all of the background noises in Find My Way.

In the rehearsals it was in a bag.

fillow
08-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Anyone else think that this version of Sanctified grew from Discipline? They totally sound alike, especially towards the end when TR goes 'oo whooo hoo hooo'

Scarlet Siren
08-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Who do I need to PM about this now? :)

Kyle
08-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Who do I need to PM about this now? :)

Nobody. Go to the antiquiet link a couple posts above. It has the whole thing with banter broken down into mp3 tracks with two playlists, one for just the music and one for the whole thing.

Warped_Savant
08-26-2013, 08:56 AM
I thought that the Antiquiet link was the one that had a song doubled up and was missing one...

Kyle
08-26-2013, 09:02 AM
I thought that the Antiquiet link was the one that had a song doubled up and was missing one...

I don't think so. Wasn't the missing song TDTWWA? Because that is on there. Or at least a file with that name is. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet.

fillow
08-26-2013, 09:14 AM
I just downloaded Antiquiet and RITC versions. Antiquiet have Find My Way twice instead of TWOIT. RITC has TWOIT so I just took it from there.

nowimdowninit
08-26-2013, 09:38 AM
LOL at the banter before "Disappointed." "Pick a knob that's not doing anything."

I had a feeling it had to come to that sometimes.

FernandoDante
08-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't think so. Wasn't the missing song TDTWWA? Because that is on there. Or at least a file with that name is. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet.
Yes there is a song doubled on one of the links on the Antiquiet piece. And nothing related to "footage".

LOVEANDZOMBIES
08-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Rolling Stone has posted a relatively positive article regarding the leak of these rehearsal tracks. Cats have torn the bag to shreds. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/two-hour-nine-inch-nails-rehearsal-recording-hits-the-web-20130826

Shadaloo
08-26-2013, 11:49 AM
"One or the other...blah, blah,blah, I GOT MY PROPAGANDA!!" So awesome.

I was taking a leak at work on break when this kicked in.

I very nearly made a mess.

FernandoDante
08-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Rolling Stone has posted a relatively positive article regarding the leak of these rehearsal tracks. Cats have torn the bag to shreds. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/two-hour-nine-inch-nails-rehearsal-recording-hits-the-web-20130826
They took the Mega link with one incorrect track and ran with it. I didn't expect people to pay attention to that link, thought they'd just go straight for the RITC one.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Fucking LOL at the first line of "Only" from the rehearsals. Nice one Trent.

I love it so much. I don't think I can un-hear it. "I'm-di-da-da-da-da-da! As days go bah!"

icklekitty
08-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm a little confused as to whom I should PM for a link to the unedited rehearsal footage. Everything is on Antiquet now or...? /return to ETS after 5 days.

NickL
08-26-2013, 05:10 PM
i'm sending you a PM.

capitalG
08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
So, did any of you guys get your hands on anything from the leakers besides the audio?

Other possible scores include the video and/or samples from Broken & TDS in a "charlie clouser NIN drums" directory.

edit: im not joking about this. picture of the leaker's screen (don't ask)
http://dc.moose.cc/temp/leak-20130825-211557.jpg

am I the only one or differs my NIN PART 1.mp3 and NIN PART 2.mp3 filesizes from the one in the picture?

edit: (got mine from what, which have the filesize 108mb and 211mb)

skip niklas
08-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Mine are the same size as yours, Cap.

TheBang
08-26-2013, 09:23 PM
am I the only one or differs my NIN PART 1.mp3 and NIN PART 2.mp3 filesizes from the one in the picture?

edit: (got mine from what, which have the filesize 108mb and 211mb)
By default, since Snow Leopard, OS X displays file sizes in Base 10 instead of the more common Base 2, so 221.9 MB in OS X = 211 MiB in most other OS's.

eversonpoe
08-26-2013, 09:35 PM
By default, since Snow Leopard, OS X displays file sizes in Base 10 instead of the more common Base 2, so 221.9 MB in OS X = 211 MiB in most other OS's.

oh my god, THANK YOU. i have been wondering about that for YEARS.

TheBang
08-26-2013, 09:44 PM
oh my god, THANK YOU. i have been wondering about that for YEARS.
I think it's one of the most ridiculous UI decisions ever. Even within OS X, there's a dichotomy of some tools and applications still displaying Base 2.

I always use this tool on all my Macs to change all the displays back to Base 2:

http://brkirch.wordpress.com/switchdisksizebase/

dunebug81
08-26-2013, 09:47 PM
If someone would be so kind to PM me a link to the unedited version. Thanks!

millhouse
08-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Did anyone notice that on the Mega distribution of this, it's missing a track number? 21 I believe...

Warped_Savant
08-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Did anyone notice that on the Mega distribution of this, it's missing a track number? 21 I believe...
Yeah, number 21 is missing.
Hopefully someone knows what it's supposed to be...

captainbeyond
08-27-2013, 12:10 AM
someone could make a track called "I'm Afraid of Americans synth and bass tuning (featuring "La Mer" xylophone!)"

timdotexe
08-27-2013, 06:20 AM
I would love someone to PM me a link to the original 2 files, with banter.

EDIT: I've got it now, thanks.

UninTY
08-27-2013, 07:37 AM
so is the Mega version the one that is "unedited"? if not, someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

tony.parente
08-27-2013, 07:44 AM
someone could make a track called "I'm Afraid of Americans synth and bass tuning (featuring "La Mer" xylophone!)"

I actually made it, I named it "Post false start noodling"
I made a "directors cut" for myself and kept all the banter at the end of the tracks and included false starts as their own tracks.

tony.parente
08-27-2013, 09:49 AM
so is the Mega version the one that is "unedited"? if not, someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

::sorry for the double post::

I took the mega edit, cut it into individual tracks and kept the banter/equipment shuffling etc at the end of the tracks and cut out all of the dead air (there is a LOT of it).
It came to a total of 30 tracks, I originally ordered it the way that RITC did out of laziness but out of puritys sake i'm going to go home and reorder it the way it was actually recorded and let you guys know when I have it available to distribute. The tracks (which will be re-arranged properly tonight) are:

Copy of a (Rehearsal)
Sanctified (Rehearsal) --- trent states "should have started already" before the track starts
Came Back Haunted (Rehearsal)
Disappointed [false start] (Rehearsal) ---talks to the guys about pantamiming on a knob that isn't doing anything while the beginning plays because they're going to feel "really stupid" at the show if they don't---
Disappointed (Rehearsal)
What If We Could? (Rehearsal)
1,000,000 [false start] (Rehearsal) Trent talks to the audio guy and says "i didn't say stop playing, keep going" and a member nervously says "go go go go" and starts again with the below track
1,000,000 (Rehearsal)
March Of The Pigs (Rehearsal)
Piggy (Rehearsal)
The Frail/The Wretched (Rehearsal)
Terrible Lie (Rehearsal)
Gave Up (Rehearsal)
I'm Afraid Of Americans [false start] (Rehearsal) ---trent "yells" at the audio guy (not really) at the end for wrong mixing
Synth Audio Noodling (Rehearsal) --- 3 or 4 minutes of noodling while the audio guy fixes it
I'm Afraid of Americans (Rehearsal) --I kept the audio guy saying "sorry guys" at the beginning for lols
The Frail/The Wretched [second performance] (Rehearsal)
Closer (Rehearsal)
Burn (Rehearsal)
Help Me I Am In Hell (Rehearsal)
Me, I'm Not (Rehearsal)
Find My Way (Rehearsal)
The Way Out Is Through (Rehearsal)
Wish (Rehearsal)
Survivalism (Rehearsal) ---talks to the audio guy during the first 1/3rd or so of the song
Only (Rehearsal)
The Hand That Feeds (Rehearsal)
Head Like A Hole (Rehearsal)
The Day The World Went Away (Rehearsal)
Hurt (Rehearsal)

Anyways yeah, that's the gist of it.

NickL
08-27-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm trying to locate the original post on 4chan archives but I can't seem to find it.

Is anyone here that knows the guy who leaked it to share the rest of the files (http://dc.moose.cc/temp/leak-20130825-211557.jpg)?

sleepless
08-27-2013, 11:07 AM
I am having the following problem with the RITC files: Copy of A will not play on my iPod. It just immediately skips to the next track no matter what I do. It plays fine in iTunes on my PC. I have re-downloaded it multiple times and this keeps happening. Is anyone else having this problem?

tony.parente
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
I am having the following problem with the RITC files: Copy of A will not play on my iPod. It just immediately skips to the next track no matter what I do. It plays fine in iTunes on my PC. I have re-downloaded it multiple times and this keeps happening. Is anyone else having this problem?
I'm not gunna say wipe your iPhone, but try removing the whole album and re syncing. If that doesn't work literally rename copy of a to something else. Like add a period or something - apple is drunk and should go home.

sleepless
08-27-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm not gunna say wipe your iPhone, but try removing the whole album and re syncing. If that doesn't work literally rename copy of a to something else. Like add a period or something - apple is drunk and should go home.

Before I posted that, I did the following:

- Restored my iPod to its initial factory state and re-loaded 150 GB of music. (Wiped, as you say.)
- Uninstalled iTunes completely, then re-installed it fresh.
- Deleted all the tour rehearsals audio, then re-downloaded it from RITC, and re-loaded it into iTunes with a slightly different album name.

I may just replace the RITC files with yours when you release them.

tony.parente
08-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Before I posted that, I did the following:

- Restored my iPod to its initial factory state and re-loaded 150 GB of music. (Wiped, as you say.)
- Uninstalled iTunes completely, then re-installed it fresh.
- Deleted all the tour rehearsals audio, then re-downloaded it from RITC, and re-loaded it into iTunes with a slightly different album name.

I may just replace the RITC files with yours when you release them.

I didn't download RITC's version so I don't have that problem or know if it. Look for them at around 6:00(ish) central time at the latest. I'll shoot you and a few other people the link first.

tony.parente
08-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Hey guys,
After thinking about my old cut I decided to recut everything and place the banter in seperate tracks. It comes in at about 35 or 36 tracks and everything is seperate and ID3 tagged with its own album art (I made it myself)

If you're interested shoot me a PM.

ninlive
08-28-2013, 07:53 AM

Problem on your end. I've verified those files work with an md5, plus these are the same mp3 files that I've been playing for the last month or so.

MScoutsDCI
08-28-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty late to the party on this one and it looks like the mega unedited version is gone. Is there a new link to the unedited version of this stuff?

NickL
08-28-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty late to the party on this one and it looks like the mega unedited version is gone. Is there a new link to the unedited version of this stuff?
you've got a PM! ;)

DigitalChaos
08-28-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm trying to locate the original post on 4chan archives but I can't seem to find it.

Is anyone here that knows the guy who leaked it to share the rest of the files (http://dc.moose.cc/temp/leak-20130825-211557.jpg)?
I pulled up the 4chan archives and have copies. I have emails of most of the people he shared with. I'm doubting he shared anything but the mp3s but I suppose its worth a shot. I'm not sure anyone is going to respond to random emails with "i dug up your email from 4chan threads that haven't existed for weeks" cause... that shits creepy.

SM Rollinger
08-28-2013, 03:46 PM
sending out Pms again, sorry about the delay guys.

Camille
08-28-2013, 06:12 PM
i would really appreciate a link to the unedited version too please.

SM Rollinger
08-28-2013, 07:06 PM
PM sent. Ill be online for another 2 hours if anyone is in need still, please send me a PM and ill respond.

ericy210
08-28-2013, 07:24 PM
"I need more bass. It needs to feel tough. It feels fucking light and shitty." - CBH rehearsal at 0:20.
i'm going to use this quote all the time, like when my waiter asks how my meal is!

tony.parente
08-28-2013, 07:47 PM
So after way too many delays i've got the "directors cut" done, split up, named, ordered in the way that the mega files are recorded and made some "custom" album art. I sent out PMs to the people that asked me first so if you need the link go ahead and shoot me a PM. This is what the tracklisting looks like, But i'm going to keep the album art a surprise. :)
This offer had a 2.5 year experation date which as since passed.
http://i.imgur.com/DL7Rk3w.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WixIOS5.jpg

Edit: Looks like I forgot to add [Rehearsal] to a few of the tracks at the end.
Oh well, not changing it - takes me 45 mins to upload to mega.

Kyle
08-28-2013, 07:52 PM
So after way too many delays i've got the "directors cut" done, split up, named, ordered in the way that the mega files are recorded and made some "custom" album art. I sent out PMs to the people that asked me first so if you need the link go ahead and shoot me a PM. This is what the tracklisting looks like, But i'm going to keep the album art a surprise. :)
http://i.imgur.com/DL7Rk3w.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WixIOS5.jpg

Edit: Looks like I forgot to add [Rehearsal] to a few of the tracks at the end.
Oh well, not changing it - takes me 45 mins to upload to mega.

not to nitpick (and when someone says that, it means they're going to do exactly that), but they're not really tension rehearsals. That's the fall tour, isn't it?

tony.parente
08-28-2013, 07:57 PM
not to nitpick (and when someone says that, it means they're going to do exactly that), but they're not really tension rehearsals. That's the fall tour, isn't it?

IT'S WHATEVER I SAY IT IS BECAUSE I'VE WASTED 4 HOURS OF MY LIFE CUTTING, UPLOADING, NAMING, RECUTTING, REUPLOADING AND PERFECTING.

I mean.

I suppose.

:)

Also

Yarr...if you look in the right place a booty shall be found, if ye don't want a link.

arrrrrr.....

charleswise
08-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Also looking for a PM for the unedited version. Thanks in advance!

musick
08-28-2013, 09:37 PM
thanks tony! appreciate the effort and work.

Paul
08-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Nice work. Does anyone have a transcript?

S. Chonson
08-29-2013, 12:00 AM
I'd like to discuss this over a PM. ;)

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Also please don't ask in this thread for the download link (if you want it)
Please just shoot me a PM and I'll get it to you.

a lot of people seem to be completely ignoring this part of tony's post...

S. Chonson
08-29-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm blind.

jarj
08-29-2013, 03:51 AM
Would it be possible for someone to PM me the unedited version?

Many thanks

tony.parente
08-29-2013, 07:46 AM
I think I got everyone who PM'd me - shoot me one if there was an issue or if I forgot!

Camille
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks again smrollinger.

alfonso99
08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Would someone PM me the link to the unedited file?

thanks in advance:)

johngalt
08-29-2013, 12:07 PM
very late to the game
i can confirm there is video of this entire rehearsal, but who knows if it will ever come out now

http://vevo.ly/w0wEbI

tony.parente
08-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Please pm!

Not trying to be rude, but reading this thread would be to your benefit.
Reading this page would be even better.

NickL
08-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Not trying to be rude, but reading this thread would be to your benefit.
Reading this page would be even better.
Not everyone has the time/patience to read the whole thread. I keep sending PMs to anyone posting here.

tony.parente
08-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Not everyone has the time/patience to read the whole thread. I keep sending PMs to anyone posting here.

With patience comes virtue.
And neat downloads.

afxwinter
08-31-2013, 03:31 PM

I PM'd you Nick.
I plan on making a version with the dialogue volume normalized so you don't have to keep cranking and ducking down the vol while listening.

afxwinter
08-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Alright it looks like Nick and Tony aren't online at the moment.
If someone else could PM me a link to the unedited rehearsals it'd be greatly apprecaited!

NickL
08-31-2013, 04:15 PM
I've made a version with only the audio edited to match the volumes but I took it down. Everyone that wants to hear only the audio can import it to Audacity and browse around.

m15a
08-31-2013, 06:05 PM

should be called "pre-tension rehearsals" . . . geddit? gehhdit!?! :p:rolleyes::D:p;):o

ManOfAtom
09-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Ah, so I guess this comes from the production company who put this together...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1NwgIhDzlN4

BBomkamp
01-15-2016, 01:05 AM
Can someone please PM me a link. Went to listen and found I never saved it. weird.

fillow
01-15-2016, 03:59 AM
Ah, the famous "keep turning that knob that does nothing to look busy" tapes.
Need to give this a spin, it's been a while.

ninlive
01-16-2016, 12:42 AM
Can someone please PM me a link. Went to listen and found I never saved it. weird.

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2013/201306xxrehearsals.html

BBomkamp
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Thankyou!!!